PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16

destinedjagold
May 11th, 2008, 04:55 AM
and where to get water stone at shiny gold?

for your further questions related to Shiny Gold, please refer to this thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=123140) made for questions concerning about Shiny Gold...

Also, be sure to read the previous posts there to find your answer to your questions, but if you fail to find it (or if you're too lazy to search), post it there...

Water Stone, based on the original Gold version, is obtainable if you show a Staryu to Bill's grandfather north in Cerulean City...

Platinum Lucario
May 11th, 2008, 05:17 AM
It's good to see this hack, it sure has come a long way.
Good luck zel, I hope you finish beta 6 :), everyone has been waiting 4 months
for beta 6, but everyone will have to wait a bit! ;)

Shrike
May 11th, 2008, 05:59 AM
I decided to play this hack and to make it more interesting I planned on making a baton pass team. So I caught a ledyba which learned baton pass and breeded it with a scyther. The female scyther that hatched had the move baton pass. When I tried to let that same scyther with baton pass breed with a dustox who had learned silver wind, a scyther hatched with silver wind, but not with the move baton pass which it should've inherited from it's mother scyther with the move baton pass. I should've gotten a scyther with baton pass and silver wind, right?
This kind of ruins my plan on making an unique and fun team I had in mind...

Virtual Chatot
May 11th, 2008, 06:04 AM
I decided to play this hack and to make it more interesting I planned on making a baton pass team. So I caught a ledyba which learned baton pass and breeded it with a scyther. The female scyther that hatched had the move baton pass. When I tried to let that same scyther with baton pass breed with a dustox who had learned silver wind, a scyther hatched with silver wind, but not with the move baton pass which it should've inherited from it's mother scyther with the move baton pass. I should've gotten a scyther with baton pass and silver wind, right?

I would say to teach Dustox Baton Pass, but it can't learn it.
Its odd what you have there.

Dragoon_Spear
May 11th, 2008, 06:49 AM
Whenever I beat the Elite Four the game resets for me and i have to start all over. How do i prevent this?

May 11th, 2008, 07:01 AM
Whenever I beat the Elite Four the game resets for me and i have to start all over. How do i prevent this?
Set your save game to 128kFlash[I think you have to restart]. Next time refer to the Shiny Gold! Help Thread in the scrapbox because we don't want to crowd up this thread.

jinzorob
May 11th, 2008, 07:33 AM
I've been playing through Shiny Gold for a few days, and I've encountered very few problems. One bug that i found was that when you heal your Pokemon in the Poke Center very near Union Cave (the one south of Violet City), the game freezes. Unfortunately for me, I had to redo the Falkner gym battle because of this. Besides this, it's an excellent rom hack.

yoni159
May 11th, 2008, 07:58 AM
I've been playing through Shiny Gold for a few days, and I've encountered very few problems. One bug that i found was that when you heal your Pokemon in the Poke Center very near Union Cave (the one south of Violet City), the game freezes. Unfortunately for me, I had to redo the Falkner gym battle because of this. Besides this, it's an excellent rom hack.

that's because it's a killing PC.
Zel talked about it before you must heal before in a different PC.

JJK
May 11th, 2008, 08:22 AM
another bug:
when you reach indigo plateau if you open the fly menu you will be able to fly to pallet town (??? it think it doesnt just exist in b5), only its just a glithed version of new bark town, from wich you can fly to other johto cities and walking around (like normal johto), only when walking the routes no route/city popup will appear

graybg
May 11th, 2008, 08:31 AM
After I beat the Elite four, It says The End and the credits roll then the game starts over, but since the game doesn't save correctly after I have to restart the game. And if I load my saved file it just brings me to before I beat the elite four. Where/when am I supposed to save?

JJK
May 11th, 2008, 08:41 AM
here are the screenshots:
http://i25.tinypic.com/2952rys.png http://i29.tinypic.com/2nl62w6.png

Lady Berlitz
May 11th, 2008, 08:46 AM
JJK: Hmm... that's a very weird glitch. I don't know if that's even possible to fix. I'm pretty sure it just has something to do with where the button "Pallet Town" sends you, as Pallet Town is the original starter town, but since Zel changed it to New Bark Town but kept Pallet Town in the same place, this is the result.

graybg: I don't think you have to save. Once you beat the Elite Four, the game restarts and the credits and everything, but then when it restarts just go to "Continue". You will be in the same place before you beat the Elite Four, but you will then be able to travel to Kanto, I believe.

Katalyst
May 11th, 2008, 08:58 AM

That's NOT odd. In fact, a Pokémon obtained through breeding only inherits moves from its father. So it's impossible in any version that this female Scyther passes Baton Pass to the baby. That's why the hatched Scyther had Silver Wind, but no Baton Pass. Understood?

wildarms001
May 11th, 2008, 09:44 AM
wow nice progress of this great hack :D btw zel are planning add d/p pokemon? gudluck :D

shinygoldash
May 11th, 2008, 10:01 AM
No there are no dp pokes. zel has said this about ...a hundred times...

Friendsxix
May 11th, 2008, 11:31 AM
another bug:
when you reach indigo plateau if you open the fly menu you will be able to fly to pallet town (??? it think it doesnt just exist in b5), only its just a glithed version of new bark town, from wich you can fly to other johto cities and walking around (like normal johto), only when walking the routes no route/city popup will appear
That is not odd, in fact Zel just hasn't finished Pallet Town. You can tell if you load the game into Advance Map. If you go to route 1 and use Map Connections and go down you will see that result.

choatix
May 11th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Some strange glitches I discovered today...
First, I used a phone booth and called my Memory 8. It was the right pesron talking, but then I got a rematch. However, it said 'National Park' for rematch, but he didn't wanrt to battle. However, the one in my memory slot above (7) wanted to battle... I think the too are mixed up...

Also, I found a trainer that doesn't face you, and he assks if you want his number, yet although I declined, he still aksed me if I wanted to delete my number afterwards...

And, I know I say a lot. But, as I said before, Shiny Gold is so brillant... now I'm staggering through Shiny Gold X... you know how to make a game hard. These screenshots came from X if you did to know that.

Waiting for lots of answers... but now I want more... LoL.
As a said in my very long post before, I asked the odds of finding the dogs? Different, but similar question... what is the odds of getting a rematch with a trainer with the phone booth?
Do you ever intend to but wild pokemon in the places with accessible water pools... like the hidden part of the National Park (where you beat a trainer to get a Treecko) and the water surronding the "Pillar of Wishes".
Helping you agian, like I did ikn my first post in this thread, have you started to change the auto-map scripts? Like when you go into Elm's Lab, Mr. Pokemon's House, Places where Carlos want to battle, etc. You should use map scripts, a simple part of Advance Map (not simple to me, I can't script LoL) that starts the event straight away instead of having to take a step out. For example, when you would battle Carlos in the 1st gym, you can simply leave agian before the battle, and I'm sure this is not intended. Maps Scripts is simple to find on the "Header" part of Advanced Map.

Thanks for taking the time to make this hack, and to answer all the questions I keep asking. I'll stop thinking of them, eventually. (...), that's a cool quote of the many words I did say LoL. Thats probably about 20 qyuestions now, so I think I'll just shut up now...

the almighty Zel fan
May 11th, 2008, 11:55 AM
come on zel, i know its hard, but what is left to edit in B6?

Ninja Caterpie
May 11th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Hmmm... I found a weird thing while playing SG...
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/3664/pokemonshinygold01zn2.png
What the? It's on the first Rocket Grunt in Slowpoke Well...
Also... The downloads are messed.... The one that says "Shiny Gold" is actually X
And "Shiny Gold X" is actually normal... Unless X is supposed to be easier... Which it is.

JJK
May 11th, 2008, 02:02 PM
That is not odd, in fact Zel just hasn't finished Pallet Town. You can tell if you load the game into Advance Map. If you go to route 1 and use Map Connections and go down you will see that result.
Plz dont come with me with advance map, ill admit i just dont know a thing about hacking, but for sure i know Pallet isnt on B5 (or if it is its just what i found).
Esmas is probably right, but we have to wait for what zel has to say.

Also... The downloads are messed.... The one that says "Shiny Gold" is actually X
And "Shiny Gold X" is actually normal... Unless X is supposed to be easier... Which it is.

I know as a fact that the double question-mark poke is present in the GBA pokemon games to fill the 25 entries between Celebi and Treecko, that used to be the other 25 forms of Unown (other than the A, wich is nº201 and the question and exclamaton mark Unown, addded later). As in B5 theres only the A form of Unown, it's natural that pokemon is on the game database, but the only "legal" way it would appear would be if that Rocked had a Unown other than A, wich is not the case. It's certainly a bug, so i can't help you.

spaceboy827
May 11th, 2008, 04:06 PM
hey zel, in your own opinion, if u had to, would you restart your file for B6 or keep your B5 one and patch B6 to it to keep your file?
anyone else can comment because it is really makeing me mad and it has actually strayed me away from a great game :(

XxOblivion77
May 11th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Oh, good question.

I don't want to have to restart my SG save file AGAIN.

Unless there's something really cool, new and exciting.

Mew of Friendship
May 11th, 2008, 06:31 PM
I have a problem... When evemts like the rockets in the rasio tower aren't siposed to hapen... They DO happen. I was minding my own buisness and went to the RT. I noticed the rockets in a place outside that inly happens later in the game. I then noticed the rockets in the radio tower. Other stuff happenes to like, the assistant in the PC without the first badge, thee slowpokes when not rescued, the Fearow event...

zel 2.0
May 11th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Let's start with choatix and then everyone else, ok?
I'm gonna answer with a spoiler this time so this post doesnt get too long.

don't you think you're being a bit mean with the game corner prizes?
The pokemon are all at level 5! Even in FR and Gold was not like this, was it?
Can't you change that? Spedning 9999 coins on a porygon and getting it at level 5? Come on...
What are the odds of wilds pokemon? What I mean by this is simply, there are 12 slots of pokemon and what are the odds of each pokemon appearing? For grass, water, tree and fishing.
CXos whatever the case is, you seem to spend FOREVER searching for rare pokemon like Pineco, Heracross, Exeggcute, Aipom, Volbeat, Ninjask, Shedinja, etc.
Does Nincada still create a Shedinja when it evolves?
And, is there a ThunderStone in the game other than the one from Bill's Grandpa? I want Raichu...
What pokemon is Bill's Grandpa after? Oddish first, but whats the star pokemon? I don't lniw if this is the case in B5, but in B4 Staryu or Starmie: it wasn't either. I was waiting for a thunderstone agian...
Can you make sleeping pokemon come out of headbutt trees? I'm gatheruing you can't, but it would be cool.
About Kurt and his custom pokeballs? Well, the Dive and Premier Balls are all the same as pokeballs in this game aren't they? Maybe you can chnage them, or replace them? And, while on that subject, what about this: I know it's Crystal, but can you make Kurt take ALL the apricorns of a colour and turn them all into balls in one time? Eg. if you have 4 Green Apricorns, you can give him all 4 to tyurn them all into Friend Balls. And, if you do not intend on changing them, maybe ask for confirmation before picking them, because accidently picking up a White or Yellow apricorn is annoying because I could just easily battle a trainer and get some money and then buy a pokeball. And maybe, insert the script that buying 10 pokeballs gives a free premier ball?
Do you know the odds of finding these dogs as you enter the maps?
How do you do the Ice Path puzzle in Victory Road? Your Strength rocks and Rock Smash rocks do not seem to stay where they are when you change maps, is that a glitch... it trapped me in the Trick House... but, how do you fget that item down the botom? (ive seen it in A.Map)
You know the guiy that sells Tiny Mushrooms... can't you make TinyMushrooms still be bought in the Maghoney Shop, so we can easily use the move relearner? Or make a place where only Paras and Parasect appear? (maybe Mt. Moon). After all, there was one in FR...
One more thing... I have so mnay things to ask, maybe you can make the rebattle trainers hold items, but the items they would give you before, or juts imple battle items. (like have the schoolboy on Route 36 having his tnagels or what not holding a fire stone (use thief to get it), or use trainers to hold sitrus berries in the E4. PET cannot do this, but trainer-edit can. Use that. D'u think it's a good idea?
pHEW... Thats it, I think... XD
for now.

-I'm known for being a bit mean to the player sometimes, but, that's only because I want to give a challenge for the player. The "spending 9999 coins for the only place to get a Porygon to fill the Pokedex" is what counts. I dont think many people use Porygon, but, considering it now evolves through levelup, it wouldnt be that exciting to get it on a high level right away.

-Odds of wild Pokemon, I dont know, it's related to that each slot also can contain different ranges of levels, thus, making the estimation harder to be made. I dont think you can get an exact value, never.
What is known is that the appearance rate of the rare Headbutt Pokemon is extremely low (dont forget Headbutt is only replacing Rock Smash). I dont think that's a problem. In fact, after suffering a lot for trying to get a Munchlax and a Feebas on DP I think the chances are quite better ;P
Again, dont forget that, since they are Pokemon made to fill up the Pokedex mainly (that's my idea, sorry if you use them >.<), I wanted them to not be as easy to get. Where's the fun in getting all you want easily...?

-Nincada and Shedinja, I'm not quite sure, but, according to Amplifier, it has a rare evo method, so, I guess it must still evolve as usual. But perhaps someone would want to confirm that.
By the way, Shedinja can still be found headbutting, just in case :P

-If there isnt any in the Safari Zone, then, probably yes, the only one would be the one you get from Bill's grandpa. Who wants a Raichu? Everyone knows Pikachu is better! >o< (which in fact, may be true with the Light Ball... that isnt still available in the game X.x)

-In the star Pokemon asked there was probably to a mistake in the B4, which should be fixed on B5, and should be a Staryu.

-No, I cannot give a stat to a wild Pokemon. Anyway, I think the sleeping Pokemon fell only at night, and, there's no day/night here.

-About Kurt: They'll keep on being the same Pokeballs as they are now. Some of them have a similar effect to their GSC counterparts, about the others, I cannot do anything about that.
And, I had a lot of problems with Kurt's script in the past, which means I really dont want to start touching it again after suffering to make it work properly, so adding a Crystal feature is unnecesary.
About what do you need a confirmation? About picking an apricorn you dont want? Really?

-Once again, I cannot figure out odds. There are a lot of randoms taking place there, so it's hard to figure it out.

-There's always a way out of puzzles, else nobody (including me) wouldnt have made it far. I cant give you directions here, so for solving puzzles you should better ask in the Help thread.

-And what if you stock on TinyMushrooms before you and Lance storm the place. If not, there are still some wild Parasect around the grass floor in V.Road (probably Parasects have a better chance of holding the item? I dont know)

-Well, all of the E4 members' Pokemon will have hold items in the second round (to make the battle against the E4 a bit harder), so forget about the trainers who hold berries in the E4, they are used now. And I'm not sure if there are other trainers with Pokemon with hold items. Maybe yes, maybe no, PET doesnt know, and I havent tried T-Edit, because I handle well with PET. In any case, I want to have more important trainers than the rematch trainers later in the game, so they should be the ones to get Hold Items on their Pokemon.

Some strange glitches I discovered today...
First, I used a phone booth and called my Memory 8. It was the right pesron talking, but then I got a rematch. However, it said 'National Park' for rematch, but he didn't wanrt to battle. However, the one in my memory slot above (7) wanted to battle... I think the too are mixed up...

Also, I found a trainer that doesn't face you, and he assks if you want his number, yet although I declined, he still aksed me if I wanted to delete my number afterwards...

And, I know I say a lot. But, as I said before, Shiny Gold is so brillant... now I'm staggering through Shiny Gold X... you know how to make a game hard. These screenshots came from X if you did to know that.

Waiting for lots of answers... but now I want more... LoL.
As a said in my very long post before, I asked the odds of finding the dogs? Different, but similar question... what is the odds of getting a rematch with a trainer with the phone booth?
Do you ever intend to but wild pokemon in the places with accessible water pools... like the hidden part of the National Park (where you beat a trainer to get a Treecko) and the water surronding the "Pillar of Wishes".
Helping you agian, like I did ikn my first post in this thread, have you started to change the auto-map scripts? Like when you go into Elm's Lab, Mr. Pokemon's House, Places where Carlos want to battle, etc. You should use map scripts, a simple part of Advance Map (not simple to me, I can't script LoL) that starts the event straight away instead of having to take a step out. For example, when you would battle Carlos in the 1st gym, you can simply leave agian before the battle, and I'm sure this is not intended. Maps Scripts is simple to find on the "Header" part of Advanced Map.

Thanks for taking the time to make this hack, and to answer all the questions I keep asking. I'll stop thinking of them, eventually. (...), that's a cool quote of the many words I did say LoL. Thats probably about 20 qyuestions now, so I think I'll just shut up now...

-I think there are some flags confused between those two trainers. I remember that I was a bit confused when I was making those two, but, by the looks of it, I havent fixed that part. Oh, what a pain, it's a long script to fix but I'll remember to fix it when I start to bug fix.

-Weird that you say that, for other people, the X is still easy, which probably means both of us suck at playing the game if we consider it hard... >o<

-More odds, I really cannot tell you because I just chain randoms, and then the machine picks. They are not too high and that's what's important.

-About putting Pokemon on Water I dont think so, because it's not like there are a lot more of new Water Pokemon to pick, mainly they'll be all you've seen before, making it unnecesary.

-For now, I just keep using the Script Event way, but sometime before making the last release I'll have to mess around with maps and with AMap1.9, for now, I just want to keep scripting as I learned.

the other marts are just fine that what makes it strange...and im sure i patched it well

Are you sure you are patching over the (U) version of FR? :\

another idea, perhaps, if you haven't figured it out...do something else with the credits? like, make it fly over goldenrod and other joto places aswell?

The credits fly over Kanto's maps automatically and there's no way (unless ASM can take care of it) to change that. That's why I'm not that worried about the credits (In fact, I know I still have to edit them to include all the people who have helped me :P)

Hey Zel, can you tell us the following:

What rocks do you plan to remove/make a map for the legendary or event for the next beta?

Hmmm... Oh well, only one, but it's not like I'll be removing it, someone's Pokemon will just take care of it *closes mouth*

Are there gonna be regi puzles like in emerald to get to them like using fly or wateva?

Yeah, at least for two of them. The other one will just be in the way I think.

Zel, I've got an idea, maybe you could add a peak of Mt. Silver and put something up there. :\

No, I dont think so, though it's a good idea, but I dont want to mess Kanto and Johto any more. I'll be a bit creative (just a bit) only in that third semi-region after the B6.

another bug:

Yeah, I blame some map which just sets the flag for Pallet's Flypost! Too bad that I could never spot which map it was.

That means that if someone there wants to give me a hand I'll be grateful. All you need is Surf (and Fly) and be checking constantly if you can spot at which moment Pallet's Flypost shows up. It probably could be one of the Pokemon Centers in Johto.

Sounds as if you patched over an old patched rom, that was proved time ago that the ?? sprites showed up because of that.

The downloads are correct. You are having another kind of problem there.

hey zel, in your own opinion, if u had to, would you restart your file for B6 or keep your B5 one and patch B6 to it to keep your file?
anyone else can comment because it is really makeing me mad and it has actually strayed me away from a great game :(

Hacker response: I know that Betas are supposed to have fixes in the future, so I am aware that I mustnt get attached to my Pokemon team. In fact, I'd prefer to restart the game and get less bugs later.

Gamer response: Restarting is not so nice, but, after having played Pokemon for one million times it's not like it'll change my life to restart. It'll be exciting to build my team once again (maybe improving it this time? who knows...) Of course, if I have played the game recently, then I'd wait a few months before playing again.
You could also wait till the final release is made, just like some people are doing.

Mew of Friendship (whom I couldnt quote): It seems as if flags have gotten crazy. But if everything's acting crazy, then it leads me to think you are having a patching problem. Are you sure you patched it over a Fire Red(U) rom? What kind of patching program did you use?

Ah, by the looks of it, you may be skipping to step on the Script Events that remove the corresponding sprites. Have you been using any kind of walkthrough code or something like that?

---

As update, not much, working on digging script as always, I think by now it has surpassed the Phone Booth script in length, and this is just the "settings" part, I havent started the part with the "action" -_-
Anyway, it's starting to look cool ;P

Satoshi-Ash
May 11th, 2008, 06:56 PM
I don't really want to play this hack because I'm playing Crystal right now, and it'd be a pain to get ALL the Pokemon I have in Crystal in SG. But, it does look good.

the almighty Zel fan
May 11th, 2008, 07:16 PM
is the crystal game a fire red hack?cuz if it is, u can use a .sav file of the rom hack and use it on SG!

Mew of Friendship
May 11th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Well, Ze, I use Lunar IPS. I used it all the time, and I used the same place I ALWAYS get my FR rom and it ALWAYS worked... I wonder why not now...

Ripper
May 11th, 2008, 08:42 PM
here are the screenshots:
http://i25.tinypic.com/2952rys.png http://i29.tinypic.com/2nl62w6.png

Although I could be wrong, I've experienced some things like that after patching the same rom twice.

Did you patch over another SG Beta?

BTW, I've always wanted to ask. What do you have on your current team Zel?

Satoshi-Ash
May 11th, 2008, 09:31 PM
is the crystal game a fire red hack?cuz if it is, u can use a .sav file of the rom hack and use it on SG!

It's the original Crystal.

destinedjagold
May 11th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Although I could be wrong, I've experienced some things like that after patching the same rom twice.

Did you patch over another SG Beta?

BTW, I've always wanted to ask. What do you have on your current team Zel?

I thought Pallet Town isn't available in B5 yet...
I thought the beta ends in Fuschia... :\

MBlack475
May 12th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Zel, can you PLEASE send me the gym leader battle music? PLEASE!!

Also when will beta 6 be released?

omnimon
May 12th, 2008, 12:06 PM
I was wondering are we going to be able to go to Altomare. Or is it even considered part of Johto?

JJK
May 12th, 2008, 12:37 PM
I thought Pallet Town isn't available in B5 yet...
I thought the beta ends in Fuschia... :\
Well, you're right. Thats why i was so surprised when i saw it first.
Yes, zel , i have patched over a clean (U) version (i first tried the (E) , but i quickly saw it didnt work), and no, i havent patched over (or even played, because when i found this relic hack B5 was alredy the current beta) a previous beta. It might be from playing in the mobile emu, but (obviously) this screenshots were taken playing in VBA...

Shrike
May 12th, 2008, 12:44 PM
That's NOT odd. In fact, a Pokémon obtained through breeding only inherits moves from its father. So it's impossible in any version that this female Scyther passes Baton Pass to the baby. That's why the hatched Scyther had Silver Wind, but no Baton Pass. Understood?

Thanks for pointing that out. I realised that I needed to breed the ledyba with the dustox to get a ledyba with baton pass and silverwind and so a scyther with those moves.

Something that really striked me as funny was when amelia blushes after ''helping'' you in mahogany town, while playing as a female hero. In this case a more interesting love story then that of that wussy pikachu in ruby destiny: rescue rangers:laugh:.

Cheers, Shrike

spaceboy827
May 12th, 2008, 01:34 PM
guys, stop asking when B6 will b released, it will when it will and constantly asking is getting nobody nowhere except porbably making zel mad X[

zel 2.0
May 12th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Yeah, I blame some map which just sets the flag for Pallet's Flypost! Too bad that I could never spot which map it was.

That means that if someone there wants to give me a hand I'll be grateful. All you need is Surf (and Fly) and be checking constantly if you can spot at which moment Pallet's Flypost shows up. It probably could be one of the Pokemon Centers in Johto.

Yeah, this time I quoted myself for the Pallet thing you were talking about. There is some map which sets on the flag that puts the Pallet flypost (which shouldnt be on till you reach Pallet), if it werent for that, nobody would reach that messed up Pallet version (which for the next Beta, if we cannot spot which map is causing the problem, will be the proper Pallet, but with some sprites which'll freeze)

So, I repeat the request, if someone wants to check to spot which map puts the flypost, then try to do it (as soon as you can get Surf and Fly). Most likely, it's one of the Pokecenter maps (they are known for setting on those kind of flags)

Now...

@Ripper: My current Pokemon team? Well, since I have a lot of savestates, then I have many teams. But, it's not surprising that I'm trying to build Carlos' team on my own (in the end, he is, well, me XP), so, you'll always find Kingdra, Umbreon, Miltank, maybe Ludicolo (if I happened to run into a Lotad on Illex) or a Meganium, Hypno, and the other usually is a Pidgeot for flying reasons. Sometimes I use other Pokemon like Machamp or Ampharos.

MBlack745: Just ask clonex25 for the music.

omnimon: Nope, Altomare is not planned for the game.

Shrike: The idea is that she doesnt makes friends easily, so she's quite shy. Her feelings towards the player are no more than a big respect for him/her (but... if you want to imagine anything else... O_o)

JJK: About Pallet I already mentioned it, it's something that I know already. The thing is about that Pokemart at Blackthorn, that's what I dont know what's happening. Since it never happened to me I cannot fix, the only thing I could do is moving the script somewhere else, just in case, but it is strange...

Mew of Friendship: Have you been using an older Beta save? And when I mentioned FR keep in mind to not use that 1.1 version of FR, stuff may not work there.
Not like I really can help you much. I'd try to play the game from the start once again and see if the problem occurs again. If it does, then I'd try to get a FR(U) rom from another site (maybe the rom isnt exactly well dumped) and start a new game again.
That's all I can tell you because having so many problems while nobody else have them indicates a problem related to what you have.

Not like I'm going to get mad, spaceboy... I'll simply ignore such topics, that's all.

Erimgard
May 12th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Pallet is not reachable yet.
That's a glitch...did you get that when you flew home right before the Elite Four per chance? Or after you beat them and started playing again?

Pat Dude
May 12th, 2008, 02:47 PM
That Pallet Town thing is Zel's old New Bark Town. Look at B3 and B5 in AMap, they are at different locations.

Oh, and before I forget...

I DID seem to have some Fly problems eventually, only to notice I had 27 items in the items pocket in my bag. Perhaps the items and fly menu are related...? Some problems include:

- Player's face not appearing in right location.
- Not being able to move the cursor.
- Not being able to fly to certain towns at times.

And I noticed you said in post #1 that you said it might be impossible to fix the "items check".

Mew of Friendship
May 12th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Zel, I'm using the exact save as when I last played B5... which was five days before xP

yoni159
May 12th, 2008, 06:51 PM
well about pallet I found the pallet map. 3.12
while new bark map is 3.0
now we just need to check which conections go to 3.12 instead to 3.0.
good luck in finishing and hope I helped.

Dr Gregory House
May 12th, 2008, 11:27 PM
the minigames sound pretty cool,
perhaps you could have a pokemon dash related one? where you have cut trees and strength rocks and stuff...like puzzles, and you have to solve them and reach the checkpoint before the time runs out or something?
Oh and when i heal at the league centre, that's when i can fly to pallet. (that's after i beat the league XP) dunno if that helps.
keep up the good work

destinedjagold
May 13th, 2008, 01:20 AM
zelly zel zel~
how are ya? :classic:
I played Shiny Gold for a bit (leveling up my POKéMON before I face the Mahogany Gym Leader)...

I saw how to get Treecko through YouTube by accident, so I gave it a try, and it worked...

Anyways, here are some glitches I found while I was playing... :\

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa154/destinedjagold/ShinyGoldBeta5_05.png
I think this is self-explanatory...

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa154/destinedjagold/ShinyGoldBeta5_02.png
Woah... The first time I used HM FLY with a newly caught Noctowl...

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa154/destinedjagold/ShinyGoldBeta5_06.png
This is when I was viewing the World Map when I was in the place where we can get Treecko...

-Neji-
May 13th, 2008, 02:01 AM
Hey, the Mahogany Gym hey? .. what pokemon you got?, and what level?

destinedjagold
May 13th, 2008, 02:46 AM
Hey, the Mahogany Gym hey? .. what pokemon you got?, and what level?

why do you ask..?
I already beaten the GYM...
I just made my Girafarig reach level 16 (since I caught it in lvl 15)...
If you must know,
Quilava (temporary) lvl 30
Flaaffy lvl 31
Furret lvl 29
Sandslash 30
Girafarig lvl 17

:\ That's my POKéMON in Shiny Gold...
Anyways, zel...
I double checked the bug I found about the Treecko-event-look-at-town-map glitch...
It sure was a glitch... :\

~~~edit~~~
here's a video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPgukl0th5A) of the three glitches I shown earlier to explain further... :\

-Neji-
May 13th, 2008, 03:09 AM
i dunno just was curiouse ... i had to start again .. XD, do you know where to get the V.S seeker?

And i was so upset because my tem was;

Swellow lvl 50
Blastoise lvl 50
Scizor lvl 51
Typhlosion lvl 55

unbeatable team .. =(

Sarcastic Prince
May 13th, 2008, 03:23 AM
i dunno just was curiouse ... i had to start again .. XD, do you know where to get the V.S seeker?

And i was so upset because my tem was;

Swellow lvl 50
Blastoise lvl 50
Scizor lvl 51
Typhlosion lvl 55

unbeatable team .. =(

No, VS Seeker is replaced with the phone booth.

driger369
May 13th, 2008, 04:05 AM
This hack is getting better and better. (If that is even possible, it was amazing even when it first came out!). Just a question to see if I have everything straight. In beta 6 we'll have pallet, viridian, and pewter, plus a few islands right?

Anyway it's gonna be awesome no matter what. Keep up the great work!

Megiddo-san
May 13th, 2008, 05:20 AM
I've had the palette glitch happen as well. It shows up on Route 27.

Chimchar 9
May 13th, 2008, 06:49 AM
cant wait till the new beta comes out good luck zel

Platinum Lucario
May 13th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Can't wait!!! :)
It's going to feature all GSC music, good luck zel
I really can't wait 'till beta 6. :)

Stalin Malone
May 13th, 2008, 09:41 AM
All GSC music? Nice. IMO GSC had the best music.

JJK
May 13th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Well zel you'll be happy to hear thats one problem solved for you (but not for me :( )
Because... in my pc there's no problem at all with the blackthorn mart, only in my mobile emu... (although its quite strange having the game running ok and then such a weird bug, but I've stoped playing SG in there, PC only now)
Anyway, just to create some speculation (i love it...), the rock at the dragon's den, "The path shall only be revealed to the dragon masters" or it shall be revealed to the one who BEATS the dragon master?
And "We are supposed to wait for the legendary dragon pokemon" or (and i quote from the other trainer there) "..the lagendary dragon and the one who travels with him"?

And where can we get Trapinch in B5? Its beacause i cant get past Lance with lv47-49 Golem/Pidgeot/Gengar/Thyplosion/Swampert/Dragonair... and plus, Flygon is beautiful... (AND SALAMENCE ISN'T!!!)

S-PSP N00B
May 13th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Well It Bcame a nice
game
Hope to play mutch of your games in the near future

A Shiny Gold Fan .....

S-PSP N00B -play this game in my spare time on my psp -

yoni159
May 13th, 2008, 11:56 AM
And where can we get Trapinch in B5? Its beacause i cant get past Lance with lv47-49 Golem/Pidgeot/Gengar/Thyplosion/Swampert/Dragonair... and plus, Flygon is beautiful... (AND SALAMENCE ISN'T!!!)

route 45. and next time use the dex in first post.

purplerose49
May 13th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Ok im new here so i dont know if i am rude right now now sorry if i am but when i try to open the menu (press start) it says that the rom image crashed oh and i use No$GBA i am in the lake of rage so can any tell me why cant i open the menu please

Apple Inc.
May 13th, 2008, 12:49 PM
zelly zel zel~
how are ya? :classic:
I played Shiny Gold for a bit (leveling up my POKéMON before I face the Mahogany Gym Leader)...

I saw how to get Treecko through YouTube by accident, so I gave it a try, and it worked...

Anyways, here are some glitches I found while I was playing... :\

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa154/destinedjagold/ShinyGoldBeta5_05.png
I think this is self-explanatory...

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa154/destinedjagold/ShinyGoldBeta5_02.png
Woah... The first time I used HM FLY with a newly caught Noctowl...

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa154/destinedjagold/ShinyGoldBeta5_06.png
This is when I was viewing the World Map when I was in the place where we can get Treecko...

1st screen: A tile error. used an inner land water tile to make the flower apparently
2nd screen: known, as of now, it seems unfixable
3rd screen: known, there are still a few things that need to be fixed in the world map and thats one of them. Most of Johto and newly created maps have that same bug.

spaceboy827
May 13th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Ok im new here so i dont know if i am rude right now now sorry if i am but when i try to open the menu (press start) it says that the rom image crashed oh and i use No$GBA i am in the lake of rage so can any tell me why cant i open the menu please

who nos, it may b a bad rom, consider repatching to a clean fire red rom

ps~sry zel for over reacting, i just am too impatient with repetive minor comments <:(. anyways, i guess ill never b able to beta test cause i get too attached to my team :(. i guess ill start over, again

brawler101
May 13th, 2008, 01:48 PM

for the new guy/girl like me
then get vbalink v1.80 beta 0 'cause beta3 they say is better but it runs slow so is in nacionarcade .com is in spanish but go to emuladores on the right side in menu then head down to consolas then you'll see gameboy advance(gba) then head down to windows then you'll see VBALink v1.80 beta 0 muy bueno 'cause i'm from puerto rico i know so then fix it by going to options,emulator,save type,then click flash then again but tis time head down to flash 128K and click it ok

ALERT! to brawlers post the friend code i'll post mine in late sunday or saturday brawl name in Tony

KrimZonGaurd
May 13th, 2008, 01:53 PM
heya man your hack owns unlie most pokemon hacks this i have to say is the best i ave ever seen im not sure if yove heard this suggested this or whatever but ya know the pokeer thing i think if possible u can use the pokenav from emerald saphire nd ruby they are prtty much the same if youe already heard tis or thinking about it forget i even metioned it

Ryousha
May 13th, 2008, 02:39 PM
For the deadly bird, Zel needs

to remake the original pallete 0 from(rip from FR.)

then move the hero's palletes(gold and crys) to pallete 19, so it stays the same and the bird becomes to it's original color.

purplerose49
May 13th, 2008, 03:16 PM
o yeah when i used beta 4 the menu worked but with beta 5 it did not work can some please please explain why beta 4 works and not beta 5 i really want to get the legendary dogs!!!!!!!! please help meeeee

brawler101
May 13th, 2008, 03:47 PM
o yeah when i used beta 4 the menu worked but with beta 5 it did not work can some please please explain why beta 4 works and not beta 5 i really want to get the legendary dogs!!!!!!!! please help meeeee

did you got vbalink v1.80 beta 0 like i told you before

Ryousha
May 13th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Don't patch beta 5 over beta 4.

purplerose49
May 13th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Don't patch beta 5 over beta 4. nope i did not did that............

ThePurp
May 13th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Thank you Zel, for the gift, of GS2!

Ryousha
May 13th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Isn't thank spam PRM?

Also maybe it's your rom or something O_O.

destinedjagold
May 13th, 2008, 05:47 PM
zel... just curious, but is there supposed to be two invisible items in Goldenrod's basement (with team rocket in the area where the three switches are located)..?
'Cause I found a revive and a max potion(forgot if it was a max potion) there, which were invisible... :\

anyways, keep things up!

Dr Gregory House
May 13th, 2008, 11:52 PM
ok maybe my post was a bit rash before.
anyway...
i started another game just a while ago and in the first battle of carlos, before the battle i didn't face him, i faced the route, instead of facing him when he talked to me.
is that supposed to happen?
another thing, lance, instead of walking he floats, is he also a ninja?
one more thing, i have played the game for 29 hours...and still haven't had a single rematch...are they supposed to be THAT rare?
that's all for now really, and keep up the good work! :classic:

JJK
May 14th, 2008, 01:36 AM
zel... just curious, but is there supposed to be two invisible items in Goldenrod's basement (with team rocket in the area where the three switches are located)..?
'Cause I found a revive and a max potion(forgot if it was a max potion) there, which were invisible... :\

anyways, keep things up!
Yes it is, they're in the second and third horizontal corridor.
(at least those are easy, i bet i havent even found half of them in the ice path...)

anyway...
i started another game just a while ago and in the first battle of carlos, before the battle i didn't face him, i faced the route, instead of facing him when he talked to me.
one more thing, i have played the game for 29 hours...and still haven't had a single rematch...are they supposed to be THAT rare?
The character not turning and the lance thing are known, i think they'll try to fix it in the next beta, especially making a walking sprite for lance.

The move relearner, in blackthorn, as the name states, it ONLY teaches moves deleted from one poke, like the one in farballor in R/S/E, right?
Then how about inserting move tutors like thwho ones in Emerald, spread around the world, or better, a REAL move tutor who knows all the moves (also paid, and well, to counterbalance) one poke can learn?

Torterra DX rox
May 14th, 2008, 01:54 AM
did Zel take the mudkip out of union cave cause i cant find it and ive been looking for ages

clonex25
May 14th, 2008, 04:02 AM
did Zel take the mudkip out of union cave cause i cant find it and ive been looking for ages
nope, he didn't. mudkip is just too rare to catch (it almost took me 4 hours or so, and always stock up for pokeballs, you may never know when they'll appear).

Platinum Lucario
May 14th, 2008, 05:33 AM
Hi zel, I know it's gonna be a while before the beta testing begins.
But good luck on Shiny Gold, I can't wait for beta 6 and Red's battle at Mt. Silver! :)

choatix
May 14th, 2008, 09:13 AM
anyway...

In case you dont know, remtaches are based on the time events (like berry trees, kurt, etc), so dont try for a rematch while thats 'coming back' as such. Run around a bit, then try agian. Unless you really are unlucky.

bruom
May 14th, 2008, 12:20 PM
hey zel, is there supposed to be something after the digglets tunnel? ive watched a video that shows an event, with ashley if im not wrong, after the tunnel... doesnt the beta finishes before that?

purplerose49
May 14th, 2008, 02:25 PM
i need to ask a question can you still find mudkip in beta 5 in the union cave???

Heart's Soul
May 14th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Yes you an. And there's a help thread in the scrapbox for this stuff. Just read the 493 posts first.

Ho-Oh Catcha
May 14th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Zel! great job man. i love this game :D cant wait till the next update :) keep it up man, your doing great.

Dr Gregory House
May 14th, 2008, 10:24 PM
In case you dont know, remtaches are based on the time events (like berry trees, kurt, etc), so dont try for a rematch while thats 'coming back' as such. Run around a bit, then try agian. Unless you really are unlucky.

You know, i have just done the celebi event and used up a few apricorns and got a few balls...and still haven't had a rematch. perhaps the rate of the rematches could be modified a little?
cus im deprived of battles, and the league is so easy...

Torrent
May 14th, 2008, 11:35 PM
So this is what Pokemon shiny gold is.. Its brilliant!
Keep up the god work Zel,

Peace? -_-

Dr Gregory House
May 14th, 2008, 11:39 PM
So this is what Pokemon shiny gold is.. Its brilliant!
Keep up the god work Zel,

Peace? -_-

wow. im surprised you didn't know.

-Neji-
May 14th, 2008, 11:42 PM
Is Lugia going to be in the new beta 6?

BAy4R
May 15th, 2008, 01:38 AM
I had it wrong. This is good. Beta5 is far more better than 4. I would recommend it to everyone.

Later!

icypsaiko
May 15th, 2008, 01:47 AM
i cant play this for some reason. can someone help me?

Dr Gregory House
May 15th, 2008, 01:50 AM
now what exactly do you mean by i cant play this?
and perhaps for all you people who are having trouble, go to the help thread that can be found in the scrapbox, it's hard to miss

HotCrisis17
May 15th, 2008, 04:32 AM
I have a problem with this game everytime I open the start menu the emulator crashes. I tried patching diffrent fire red roms but there all turn out the same.

Dialga_753
May 15th, 2008, 05:03 AM
What emu are you using to play it?

HotCrisis17
May 15th, 2008, 05:07 AM
A GBA Emulator on my iPhone called gpSphone. V4 of Shiny Gold worked perfectly on that emulator.

Platinum Lucario
May 15th, 2008, 05:41 AM
A GBA Emulator on my iPhone called gpSphone. V4 of Shiny Gold worked perfectly on that emulator.
Really?! Then where did you get gpSphone because I would like to download it!
But you should download VisualBoyAdvance cause all other emulators won't
work with RubySaphireEmerald or FireRed LeafGreen roms, and this also includes Shiny Gold cause it's a FireRed hack!
You can download it at here,
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/vba/VisualBoyAdvance-1.7.2.zip

thegreatlord
May 15th, 2008, 06:15 AM
Um, is there a reason why the original isn't working anymore? I get a "Corrupt File" during installation or when it's extracted, there's nothing there.

thegreatlord
May 15th, 2008, 07:03 AM
Right,

I am having trouble loading this mod in general. Got the Rom, Got VBA installed, both run fine when I load it up. The problem is that, when I change the ISP to my Rom format file, which was, .gba, it loads up as a white screen and nothing else. Any suggestions?

HotCrisis17
May 15th, 2008, 07:21 AM
Really?! Then where did you get gpSphone because I would like to download it!
But you should download VisualBoyAdvance cause all other emulators won't
work with RubySaphireEmerald or FireRed LeafGreen roms, and this also includes Shiny Gold cause it's a FireRed hack!
You can download it at here,

The GBA emulator for the iPhone is avaliable for download through the Installer Application you get when you Jailbreak your iPhone.

I allready have the visualboyadvance I just though that since V4 worked on the iPhone GBA emualtor so should V5. I mean everything else works excepth for the start menu.

Adrian new team aqua Leader
May 15th, 2008, 08:12 AM
BEST OF THE REST!! ZEL YOU ARE MY FAVORITE POKEMON HACKER ^_^

!!!RayquazaMaster!!!
May 15th, 2008, 01:50 PM
The Best Pokemon Hack Ever Everyone Should Play This Hack Cant Wait Until Beta6 Comes Out

Mattysaurus
May 15th, 2008, 02:32 PM
:t196:I have a question, How do evolve Golbat? Is it the same has firered?:t196:

Virtual Chatot
May 15th, 2008, 02:45 PM
:t196:I have a question, How do evolve Golbat? Is it the same has firered?:t196:

Yep, it's exactly the same.
I would like to remind you all that there is a help thread.

dude120
May 15th, 2008, 03:53 PM

Most pokemon games seem really slow to me on gpSPhone. Though gpSPhone is getting faster. I'd rather play it on my psp.

Mew of Friendship
May 15th, 2008, 04:14 PM

I think you have to give it a moon stone or something...

beowulf009
May 15th, 2008, 04:35 PM
I have a problem with this game everytime I open the start menu the emulator crashes. I tried patching diffrent fire red roms but there all turn out the same.

Try getting a clean fire red rom and don't patch beta 5 over 4.

zel 2.0
May 15th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Gah, so much stuff... So, as you can expect, I'll start to multiquote, and if there's someone I had to answer to and I didnt reply, then sorry... next time >o<

That Pallet Town thing is Zel's old New Bark Town. Look at B3 and B5 in AMap, they are at different locations.

Oh, and before I forget...

I DID seem to have some Fly problems eventually, only to notice I had 27 items in the items pocket in my bag. Perhaps the items and fly menu are related...? Some problems include:

- Player's face not appearing in right location.
- Not being able to move the cursor.
- Not being able to fly to certain towns at times.

And I noticed you said in post #1 that you said it might be impossible to fix the "items check".

I highly doubt the items pocket and the fly are related. Flyposts are "attached" to flags, when the flag is set on, the flypost shows up. Then, there are a bunch of maps' level script which probably are messing up with those flags and as soon as you enter some map, an undesired flag is set on, and then the flypost shows up. Which is the map whose level script sets on Pallet's flag/Flypost. That's what I'm not sure (I think someone said something about the league, I'll check it out later)

Zel, I'm using the exact save as when I last played B5... which was five days before xP

If you still have problems, then let's keep it with PMs, because I dont want to accumulate a lot of unnecesary posts.

well about pallet I found the pallet map. 3.12
while new bark map is 3.0
now we just need to check which conections go to 3.12 instead to 3.0.
good luck in finishing and hope I helped.

As I said, connections dont have anything to do, rather maps' level scripts.

the minigames sound pretty cool,
perhaps you could have a pokemon dash related one? where you have cut trees and strength rocks and stuff...like puzzles, and you have to solve them and reach the checkpoint before the time runs out or something?
Oh and when i heal at the league centre, that's when i can fly to pallet. (that's after i beat the league XP) dunno if that helps.
keep up the good work

I dont know. I'm getting the experience that, depending on how tweaked you want the minigame to be, then you'd need more rom space, so I doubt I'll do much more complicated stuff.

This hack is getting better and better. (If that is even possible, it was amazing even when it first came out!). Just a question to see if I have everything straight. In beta 6 we'll have pallet, viridian, and pewter, plus a few islands right?

Anyway it's gonna be awesome no matter what. Keep up the great work!

Except the islands, all the rest of Kanto + Mt.Silver will be available (basically, ending the "remake" part)

I've had the palette glitch happen as well. It shows up on Route 27.

Palette glitch means...? If it is the thing of PCs, we all know about them.

Anyway, just to create some speculation (i love it...), the rock at the dragon's den, "The path shall only be revealed to the dragon masters" or it shall be revealed to the one who BEATS the dragon master?
And "We are supposed to wait for the legendary dragon pokemon" or (and i quote from the other trainer there) "..the lagendary dragon and the one who travels with him"?

Well, the funny thing will be to figure out how one can become a Dragon Master. I wont spoil the fun, obviously.

For the deadly bird, Zel needs

to remake the original pallete 0 from(rip from FR.)

then move the hero's palletes(gold and crys) to pallete 19, so it stays the same and the bird becomes to it's original color.

It's not the only way, because I can also edit the bird with Tile Molester. I'll have to do that because the last three palettes (19,20,21) were used for adding the DP Pokemon.

Remember that you must call them on the Phone Booth, and then, you will never get a rematch if you have another timed event activated (to deactivate them, just walk around for a few minutes without interacting with anything), then, you can start insisting till someone finally decides to give you a rematch (yeah, they take a while). Once that happens, dont forget another timed event activates, to prevent you from bothering everyone :P

Then how about inserting move tutors like thwho ones in Emerald, spread around the world, or better, a REAL move tutor who knows all the moves (also paid, and well, to counterbalance) one poke can learn?

What will happen to the FR move tutors is still uncertain, but, for sure, one who knows all the moves is practically impossible, and could make the game too easy.

hey zel, is there supposed to be something after the digglets tunnel? ive watched a video that shows an event, with ashley if im not wrong, after the tunnel... doesnt the beta finishes before that?

It depends, if after doing the whole event of Lavender's Radio Tower, instead of going to Fuchsia, you went to Digglets Tunnel, then, the Beta is still not done (you have Fuchsia). If you've finished Fuchsia, then yes, the Beta is done, because you cannot go to Pewter or Viridian yet.

Is Lugia going to be in the new beta 6?

Pewter is in, and with that, there's the Silver Wing, and with that, there's Lugia.

-----

WARNING: Can we drop two kind of topics I've seen lately on the thread?

1: Talking about how to make the game work on an specific emulator (or how to make the game work at all). Either send me a PM about that (which, depending on the emulator, I may not be able to answer...), or why not someone creates some kind of thread for that on the Emulation section.

2: Talking about bugs or oddities in the Betas, because lately, all the stuff mentioned is long known, so they dont add anything new for me to say, and I ignore those posts (and you'll feel like ignored). Avoid talking about glitches, I'll work on fixing what I can for the next Beta, and after the B6 is released we may start talking about glicthes again, OK?

Please, drop those topics, else it makes it harder for me to look for useful posts to quote and reply.

----

Now, about updates. I started with the "action" part of the digging script, where you talk to the tiles and you "start digging", it's taking a lot of time, I know. I thought it'd be easier (according to my pseudo-code) but when writing the whole code, seems like I was mistaken :P

Mew of Friendship
May 15th, 2008, 11:17 PM
'Palette glitch means...? If it is the thing of PCs, we all know about them.'

Its where the colors of something like the background or character changes.

JJK
May 16th, 2008, 03:06 AM
I dont know what is the status of that, but about time-based events, why not to use the time played clock? like, instead of a couple of days in GSC(with the internal clock), why not ten hours of gameplay instead (for the bug-catching, obviously less for kurt) ? as i said before, im no hacker, thus i dont even know if its possible, but if it is, i think it would be a nice solution.

another bug: i deleted the first trainers you can register from my phone card (a youngster and a bug catcher) and the added the blackbelt on route 45. i (stupidly) decided to call him right away from the phone booth to the left. when i chose his entry, the screen went black and the game froze.

Pupil GhostPsychicIceDragon
May 16th, 2008, 04:03 AM
Hey Mr. Zel!( or don't know what to tell)Your Shiny Gold is fantastic!But I've addicted to GBA & PC games.So how do I load the save file of Shiny Gold X beta 3.5?Is Lugia event live now and if it is,where is the Lugia?And what should I do when the new beta has come out?I am only a idiotic beginner.

P.S.I am looking forward to this hack and best wishes to you!Mr. Zel!

shinygoldash
May 16th, 2008, 01:02 PM
I dont know what is the status of that, but about time-based events, why not to use the time played clock? like, instead of a couple of days in GSC(with the internal clock), why not ten hours of gameplay instead (for the bug-catching, obviously less for kurt) ? as i said before, im no hacker, thus i dont even know if its possible, but if it is, i think it would be a nice solution.

another bug: i deleted the first trainers you can register from my phone card (a youngster and a bug catcher) and the added the blackbelt on route 45. i (stupidly) decided to call him right away from the phone booth to the left. when i chose his entry, the screen went black and the game froze.

1:I think bug catching thing should be possible and if you can only do it 2 times in sg, that's a letdown.

2: It's just an impossible bug. In the original they said "go talk to him".

Zel,
I think the chances of you being able to do the day night thing is very VERY slim unless you link it to gameplay hours...

Virtual Chatot
May 16th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Zel,
I think the chances of you being able to do the day night thing is very VERY slim unless you link it to gameplay hours...

Not necessarily true, if he had it on a timer, it could theoretically work.

shinygoldash
May 16th, 2008, 01:15 PM

Do you mean like script it so that it sets off at a random time. But if that happened it would interfere with events big-time... Owch!

Thanks for making Jirachi sooo hard to find. I think that makes players focus on every part of the game. I hope you make everything super tricky to find on the new region.

~ :chu: ~

Teh Baro
May 16th, 2008, 01:30 PM
1:I think bug catching thing should be possible and if you can only do it 2 times in sg, that's a letdown.
if Zel finally puts day/night, it could be "once a day". And each day should be like... 4 hours of gameplay: 2 hours of morning, 2 hours of night. (consider you'll clear the game in few time)

Then somewhere put a clock that shows the gameplay time x12 modulo 24h (simple math that shouldn't be hard with a bit ASM, the hardcode thing is where to stick it in).

ZodiacDaGreat
May 16th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Do you mean like script it so that it sets off at a random time. But if that happened it would interfere with events big-time... Owch!
That would never happen, as all this time, ZEL has been using specials which requires you to walk some amount of steps. You see Fire Red has no time so walking steps are used.

if Zel finally puts day/night, it could be "once a day". And each day should be like... 4 hours of gameplay: 2 hours of morning, 2 hours of night. (consider you'll clear the game in few time)

Then somewhere put a clock that shows the gameplay time x12 modulo 24h (simple math that shouldn't be hard with a bit ASM, the hardcode thing is where to stick it in).

Or you can implement a very first internal Battery on Fire Red itself.

Teh Baro
May 16th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Or you can implement a very first internal Battery on Fire Red itself.
I think that would be more challenging (read: hard).
Unless it's copied from ruby

shadoweevee
May 16th, 2008, 02:10 PM
I think that would be more challenging (read: hard).
Unless it's copied from ruby

would'nt it be easier just to hack ruby to look like firered?

Teh Baro
May 16th, 2008, 02:39 PM
would'nt it be easier just to hack ruby to look like firered?
Sure, Zel should start over again and redo everything in a game with lame graphics.

-Neji-
May 16th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Will we be able to re battle red in beta 6?

zel 2.0
May 16th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Zel,

Not like day/night is something that I'm frenetically looking for, I prefer to first finish the game, and then we could discuss of stuff to add to it. From the talks we had with Mastermind, the first idea is to use Gameplay time, because there isnt any kind of timer, with the weird exception of the one used in the Battle Tower events (and I doubt that would be useful for anything, but, who knows?)

Well, I dont know. Perhaps one of these days I'll start discussing about what we could do with M_X. For now my focus is in other stuff.

Will we be able to re battle red in beta 6?

Just like in the original, you'll be able to, but to have a rematch you'll first need to defeat the E4 (doesnt apply for the first battle with Red)

I'm kinda close to finish the longest script ever, I just need to do a bunch of compares, setmaptiles and it'll be finally over. It'll depend on how much time I can dedicate to hacking, but I hope to finish it this weekend. Probably tomorrow I'll talk about the whole event, and then the video will be posted to clarify how the system works.

shadoweevee
May 16th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Sure, Zel should start over again and redo everything in a game with lame graphics.

yeah, I wasn't saying to have zel start over just to get time in the game. but if he could change firered graphics its pretty safe to assume that he can change the graphics in firered

That is a bad idea, in oh so many ways.
A note to everyone, just let this poor guy's comment alone, he doesn't know what he's talking about...
I do know what I'm talking about and last time I checked I was a pretty rich....

destinedjagold
May 16th, 2008, 07:59 PM
longest script? wow, I wish you luck on that one, zel, and I know you can slip it through the game. :3

o0kv9
May 17th, 2008, 01:17 AM
I have found a few glitches.
In The pokemon center near union cave, i talked to the nurse- she healed my pokemon but then there were black flashes and the game froze.

thats all.

i love your hack, it is very nice.

(especially changing parts in advancemap...)
=)

DiggorysGremlin
May 17th, 2008, 02:59 AM
The longest script? If there's one person that can do it it's Zel. Keep going dude. And oOkv9, were you using any gameshark codes?

Can0fMean
May 17th, 2008, 03:04 AM
o0kv9: That's what I exactly experianced! The world turns to black and redish colors o_0 But if you start from a save slot and try to heal there again, it doesn't happen.

destinedjagold
May 17th, 2008, 03:36 AM
zel...
I battled Carlos, in the entrance of a cave which is Ice Path *currently defeating him*...
It was a challenging match, however, I noticed that Blastoise and Machoke had the move 'Double Team', which isn't listed in the pokemon's learnable moves... :\
Double Team is a move for fast POKéMON only, such as Pikachu and Furret... :\

I also checked their moves in serebii, which I fail to see Double team in either Blastoise and Machoke's learnable moves, either by leveling up, or through egg hatching (and since there's no TM Double Team, it's excluded)...

anyways, great job on Shiny Gold and wish ye the best of luck. :)

JJK
May 17th, 2008, 04:00 AM
zel...
I battled Carlos, in the entrance of a cave which is Ice Path *currently defeating him*...
It was a challenging match, however, I noticed that Blastoise and Machoke had the move 'Double Team', which isn't listed in the pokemon's learnable moves... :\

I also checked their moves in serebii, which I fail to see Double team in either Blastoise and Machoke's learnable moves, either by leveling up, or through egg hatching (and since there's no TM Double Team, it's excluded)...

well this IS a an gold remake, so it isnt a new thing: in the original Lnace had its 3 dragonites underleveled, knowing Barrier (illegal) and Aero knowing Rock Slide (another illegal)

about the bug i stated its NOT impossible: yes it should appear "go talk to him" but instead the game just freezes black

personally i dont think day/night is a good idea, only if it had night effects (eg. cities and routes at night, goldenrod lightsposts shining, etc.), but still i think theres a lot of stuff more worth the time
but still, the gameplay clock would be great for the bug catching contest (okay, okay, you got me: i just want scythers!!! )

TSK
May 17th, 2008, 05:01 AM
zel...

TM double team is TM 32, it has been like this since RBY =p

pkmncrystal
May 17th, 2008, 05:37 AM
Where do you find squirtle and torchic in this hack?

Da Man
May 17th, 2008, 05:43 AM
Where do you find squirtle and torchic in this hack?

You won't find both till late in the game. Squirtle is in the water east of New Bark Town and Torchic is in a hidden cave somewhere in Kanto I heard (i think in the south-east routes where you get the Super Rod)

Jake♫
May 17th, 2008, 08:48 AM
small problem, I forgot to change the save type, so when I beat the elite 4 i can't go to Kanto or anything, the game just restarts. any way to fix it?

Ryousha
May 17th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Stop asking people.

delete save states, of any kind... put flash type 128k..

then play and start over.

shinygoldash
May 17th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Longest script eh, I think I have a hinch what it's for...

-Neji-
May 17th, 2008, 12:04 PM
So it sounds like zel is finally on the verge of finishing the game ... i'm really excited .. =D

shinygoldash
May 17th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Well, nearly the whole REMAKE part but this game is far from finished...

Ryousha
May 17th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Beta 6 might not have it, but Zel might have to work on days,weeks, or much more to find the Day/Night
system.

shinygoldash
May 17th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Beta 6 might not have it, but Zel might have to work on days,weeks, or much more to find the Day/Night
system.

It all depends on ASM and MSX. Still the game is good enough without D/N System.

At least we'll have the radio I think.

Also, will the radio be like it was in the originals where you listen to a certain one at certain places or pick some music?

zel 2.0
May 17th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Not like I havent mentioned it before, but the script is for a digging minigame, and as close as DP as possible (with some tweaks to cover the parts that cannot be done, or simply because I felt like it)

I dont know what crossed your mind, DJ, but Double Team is a TM, as it was said, at least I think it is still a TM on SG (it MUST be, considering how much I, Carlos, and our Pokemon like to "overuse" it :P)

The ideal is to finish the game this year, but I wouldnt take that as something absolute. Just a flexible goal, if you want.

While I keep finishing the script, take a look on more music videos by clonex25. As always, make sure to hear them well, and give feedback about fixes if you think they need any.

Rival Battle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6omULdOaEo
Gym Leader Battle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJcfjSfr6uQ
Team Rocket Battle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ-s5oQ7vHo

spaceboy827
May 17th, 2008, 12:51 PM
zel, awsome that u r so close on SG B6 being done. cant wait to play
the music sounds right i think also
and there is probably another time and place to ask this but i saw on your team that you had a picachu. where u get????

Zeikku™
May 17th, 2008, 12:51 PM
nice music, this is going way beyond my first expectations when I played beta 3.5
(The first patch I downloaded)
but it looks great so far, next time I download a path from this thread I think it will be the full version when its out.
I'm having fun with SG B5 on my DS and on PSP.

I wish you the best. :D

shinygoldash
May 17th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Not like I havent mentioned it before, but the script is for a digging minigame, and as close as DP as possible (with some tweaks to cover the parts that cannot be done, or simply because I felt like it)

I dont know what crossed your mind, DJ, but Double Team is a TM, as it was said, at least I think it is still a TM on SG (it MUST be, considering how much I, Carlos, and our Pokemon like to "overuse" it :P)

The ideal is to finish the game this year, but I wouldnt take that as something absolute. Just a flexible goal, if you want.

While I keep finishing the script, take a look on more music videos by clonex25. As always, make sure to hear them well, and give feedback about fixes if you think they need any.

I like them all.

Analysis:

Rival Battle: I can see a bit about the simularity between original and this.

Gym Leader: Shows how music can be remixed and still sound classic.

Team Rocket: Loved old one. New one sounds just as good.

I can't wait for more.

Keep climbing to the next stop; Beta 6.

Zel, you're nearly there!

oli25
May 17th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Hmm... imho Rival Battle music is too fast. Especialy beggining sounds strange. Rest of music is fine to me.

shinygoldash
May 17th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Then again, I listened to it again and it seems a bit too fast compared to other re-mixes.

JJK
May 17th, 2008, 01:52 PM

1: Lacks bass

2: From great to bad to great. There´s one acute part of the song that sunds like its stamped over the rest of the tune.

3: Simply Great.

p.s.- i dont even know what "<--- baka!" means, but doesnt it work anymore?

destinedjagold
May 17th, 2008, 05:11 PM
er.., *checks serebii*... whoops??? :P
sorry 'bout that, zel... dunno what came to my head that time. :laugh:

anyways, i like the new music. :3

clonex25
May 17th, 2008, 06:31 PM
1: Lacks bass

2: From great to bad to great. There´s one acute part of the song that sunds like its stamped over the rest of the tune.

3: Simply Great.

p.s.- i dont even know what "<--- baka!" means, but doesnt it work anymore?

1: Maybe I should make the bass a bit louder...

2: Which part disturbs you (time, pls.)?

Hmm... imho Rival Battle music is too fast. Especialy beggining sounds strange. Rest of music is fine to me.

Problem with Sappy's tempo adjustments...

Sportsmaniac1322
May 17th, 2008, 11:05 PM
digging the new music! also, I like the mystery dungeon legendaries (except for lugia). idk y I don't like it. I guess it just feels out of place. I can't wait for b6! to me, when b6 comes out, its good enough to call a complete hack. the next version is just icing on the cake :)

shinygoldash
May 18th, 2008, 12:31 AM
digging the new music! also, I like the mystery dungeon legendaries (except for lugia). idk y I don't like it. I guess it just feels out of place. I can't wait for b6! to me, when b6 comes out, its good enough to call a complete hack. the next version is just icing on the cake :)

We have cut into most of the cake but we can't reach the icing yet.

Who knows what to expect in B7-B8.

Squeenix
May 18th, 2008, 03:36 AM
Great to hear that beta 6 is coming out soon, mabye the mods should wipe all the posts in this thread again, theres 96 pages

shinygoldash
May 18th, 2008, 04:08 AM
Zel did you say there was only 2 bug catchin contests?

Cuz after I beat carlos, i went to the park there and a new contest as on.
Did you do this for it to be fair for catching pokes?

Heart's Soul
May 18th, 2008, 05:33 AM
Great to hear that beta 6 is coming out soon, mabye the mods should wipe all the posts in this thread again, theres 96 pages

One- there are only 60 pages.
Two- Finally- beta 6! Beta 5 started ****ping out on me... now I have to restart.

JJK
May 18th, 2008, 05:52 AM
1: Maybe I should make the bass a bit louder...

2: Which part disturbs you (time, pls.)?

secs 0:18 to 0:21 and 1:16 to 1:19

the rest is almost perfect (although i found one music almost as good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CDzOJWN7EA&NR=1 WARNING ITS A FAKE but the music's nice)

Great to hear that beta 6 is coming out soon, mabye the mods should wipe all the posts in this thread again, theres 96 pages Absolutly NO.

a while ago i asked if red's pokes would be in lv.100 i forgot to state i was talking about the X version, not the regular one, since amelia on the radio tower has a lv.78 Metagross (same as steve in pokemon emerald...)

darkcowboy
May 18th, 2008, 09:11 AM
quick question. how do i convert IPS to GBA format?

[.εternity]
May 18th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Shiny Gold Help thread FTW.

BigSteve
May 18th, 2008, 09:49 AM
quick question. how do i convert IPS to GBA format?

you need to get the FireRed ROM file (illegal to link) and then you double click the .ips and choose the FireRed.GBA or whatever it is to turn it into shiny gold :D

Torrent
May 18th, 2008, 09:56 AM
you need to get the FireRed ROM file (illegal to link) and then you double click the .ips and choose the FireRed.GBA or whatever it is to turn it into shiny gold :D

you can't exactly double click the .ips file unless u got some odd software that reconises ips patching..
theres another way:
rename the name of the .ips file (example shinygold.ips and firered.gba)
to the name of the gba file.. ( shinygold.ips anf shinygold.gba)
vice-versa,
it is not permanent though.. (bad spelling FTW?)

Darkmanny
May 18th, 2008, 10:11 AM
This Game is awesome i can't wait for the next beta

shinygoldash
May 18th, 2008, 10:46 AM
One- there are only 60 pages.
Two- Finally- beta 6! Beta 5 started ****ping out on me... now I have to restart.

1. No, look again.

2. You have to still wait. It's a little wayaway.

amazeing
May 18th, 2008, 03:48 PM
I think in the final beta swampert should evolve into mudkip.

spaceboy827
May 18th, 2008, 03:56 PM
1. No, look again.

2. You have to still wait. It's a little wayaway.

what, i thought that zel said that he would b done like this weekend or next week?

and what the heck bout swampert going to mudkip?

destinedjagold
May 18th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Swampert to Mudkip, ei? :laugh:
anyways, zel, I found a movement permission error below Blackthorn City heading to New Bark Town... :\
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa154/destinedjagold/ShinyGoldBeta5_01.png
There, where the character is facing...
I though that there's another invisible item, but there was nothing... :\

sanny the hedgehog
May 18th, 2008, 04:11 PM
dude, sweet hack! its awesome, its just every time i try to catch a pokemon the game always turns off. so does this mean i downloaded it wrong? but other than that congrats!

spaceboy827
May 18th, 2008, 04:29 PM
yea i noticed that too DJG. and i still dont get the thing about swampert t mudkip. r u saying that u want a high leveled mudkip or smthn cause u just have to use an everstone

zel 2.0
May 18th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Well, I wont pay too much attention to stuff posted previously, since this is more like an status report.

About the minigame, it's almost done. The only thing that I'd be missing would be a pick and a hammer OWs (yeah, overworlds for each of those two things, front, back and side sprites), as of course, the minigames lets you control a pick or a hammer instead of the hero's sprite. So, for all the spriters around, I leave that as a request for whoever wants to try their hand at spriting (I dont think you'll need a big sprite, one of 16*16 should be enough)

However... I'll be a bit concentrated on my personal business for a few days, that's why I disabled my PMing. So, if you sprite something, wait till I enable PMing again if you want to send me or ask me anything (this Thursday)

shadow_clone147
May 18th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Ive Been playing this Hack for 3 days now and it is incredible, But im experiencing a Technical Difficulty: I beat carlos after beating Lance in the E4 and my pokemon get registered and i let the credits roll. but after "The End" screen the game restarts itself and i cant go to kanto

can someone please tell me if this is a patching error or do i have to do some thing in order to get to kanto? help will be much appreciated

yoni159
May 18th, 2008, 07:47 PM
this happens in the original games somtimes. just move to 128k save type and restart.

ke14nt
May 19th, 2008, 02:09 AM
this is my 1st tym to post in here..but i been reading these posts for some time now..
Just want to ask Zel if..
ur the 1 who created that SG where you have to choose your starter as mew,mewtwo and the ?? pokemon.. ive been playing this game for months now and yes i have the l8test version..just waiting for the next beta 2 arrive(B6)..

can any one teach me where to find that LIPS thing (patch)..what i have was the BTAG patch thing..

BTW :
im from the phillippines..I saw this game at the mall.. they were selling it for at least $20..and last question..
what's the disadvntage of not evolving ur pokemon.. i've made a swampert egg and sceptile and and i want them to be just mudkip and treeko..waht what would be the disadvantage??
and whats the difference of a pokemon with a everstone and the one that didnt have it when it comes to stat??

SHADOW CLONE 147..

u need to start ol over again.. delete all ur save file and open ur emulator..
then click options>emulator>save type and change flash 64k to flash 128k.. thats all..

JJK
May 19th, 2008, 02:54 AM
this is my 1st tym to post in here..but i been reading these posts for some time now..
ur the 1 who created that SG where you have to choose your starter as mew,mewtwo and the ?? pokemon.. ive been playing this game for months now and yes i have the l8test version..just waiting for the next beta 2 arrive(B6)..

can any one teach me where to find that LIPS thing (patch)..what i have was the BTAG patch thing..

BTW :
im from the phillippines..I saw this game at the mall.. they were selling it for at least $20..and last question..
what's the disadvntage of not evolving ur pokemon.. i've made a swampert egg and sceptile and and i want them to be just mudkip and treeko..waht what would be the disadvantage??
and whats the difference of a pokemon with a everstone and the one that didnt have it when it comes to stat??
And you bought it? If you did they caught you well as this is a FREEBIE ZERO NADA (moster garage rulez hehehe)...
Well i guess zel will ask a angry tyranitar to stop by the mall so no problem
But to say the truth i would pay that to have shinygold on a cartridge its well worth it
and i bet it wont take long... a friend of mine went to a jipsy fair here in Lisbon and found a black dude selling this

http://www.made-in-china.com/image/2f0j00MBSEGAeHAtkvM/GBA-Game-Pokemon-Naranja-Version-M7118-.jpg

and... They all worked!!! 5€ a piece!!!

ke14nt
May 19th, 2008, 03:42 AM
nope i didnt.. but since i saw it i tried searching the web till i found 1..
BTW nice games.. can u play it in a VBA??

hey can some one help me??
when I've patch the bet4 bugfix and i went to Kurt he gave me the GS ball even though i haven't started the celebi event..and ive caught celebi.. now that i am doing the celebi event Kurt would not give me the Gs ball and i cant advance to the other part of hte cave b"coz the is blocking the way (girl near the shrine in the Ilex forest..) what will happen now??

and LASTLY have anyone notice the girl at the back of the pokemon center near the union cave?? my game froze when i tried talking to her..

Ryousha
May 19th, 2008, 06:17 AM
Beta 5. mate.

Use it....

SilentWing
May 19th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Oh noez, pirated games. :(

I'm excited about this minigame, Zel! Keep up the amazing work!

JJK
May 19th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Oh noez, pirated games. :(

I'm excited about this minigame, Zel! Keep up the amazing work!
The official ones are pirated but can u say that about Naranja? Or any other hack in its place? As i said that dude was sellig them 5€ a piece (DONT just dont ask me how many $ it is ok? or £ btw) , wouldn't you buy a shinygold cartridge for that price?

Darkmanny
May 19th, 2008, 12:14 PM
I one bug or glitch in silph Co. in the escaletor in 1th floor

youtube.com/watch?v=XDzyKR5pOjE

pkmn_trainer_riley
May 19th, 2008, 12:21 PM
great game i got it to run via GBA emulator on my PSP and im very impressed, so zel great job, keep up the good work

JJK
May 19th, 2008, 12:41 PM
just one question... its just locked stuff on b5 or its a bug that my ghostbuster SIMPLY DOESNT WORK?
Or that elm doesnt react to the gs ball?

BigIce17
May 19th, 2008, 01:26 PM
hi guys. i have the beta i think 3.5 or 4 but i cant find the newest one cuz i havent been on pc in a while. but can someone plz tell me wat page its on? ty! =]

-Neji-
May 19th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Go to the first page of this ... thats where beta 5 is

BigIce17
May 19th, 2008, 01:42 PM
thanks neji... wait u mean the very very first page of this whole thing?

ke14nt
May 19th, 2008, 07:29 PM
i think u need 2 call prof elm 1st so thathe would react to the ball.. aboutthe ghost buster i think u need to go to the burn tower..where the legendary dog used to be..u can morty there and talk to him..

Ryousha
May 19th, 2008, 07:36 PM
WRONG, You get the GS BALL then speak to ELM front...*of him*

Then you go to Kurt, and walk all the way to ILEX and to that silly route then fly back, to activate...

Ghostbuster doesn't work as of it's like a silph scope that says do OAK: Theres a time and place for this later.

moh27
May 19th, 2008, 07:45 PM
i dunno if the game is messed up or theres something to do, after i beat the elite four and after the credits i cant continue the game to start exploring kanto it just forces me to restart after the main menu with the picture of the ho-oh help plz?

destinedjagold
May 19th, 2008, 07:52 PM
zel, I finally went out from Victory Road, which was pretty confusing yet pretty fun... :P
(yet, I need to train more... -_- )

Ashlee gave me a shock, though... As well as the fisherman with the Milotic... :P

Anyways, after I got out, I pressed 'A'/'Z' on this sign and this came out... :\
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa154/destinedjagold/ShinyGoldBeta5_01-1.png
But it's no big deal, though...
It will return to normal after a second it poped like that.

Anyways, best of luck to both the hack and towards Uni... :)

gwiz210
May 19th, 2008, 07:54 PM
Does anyone have an mp3 or a link to a youtube video of the Amelia battle in lavender town?

manutdrule
May 20th, 2008, 02:20 AM
dun rush zel, im sure everyone is as anxious as u, so be patient if u want a gd hack to play.

JJK
May 20th, 2008, 03:22 AM
zel, I finally went out from Victory Road, which was pretty confusing yet pretty fun... :P

Ashlee gave me a shock, though... As well as the fisherman with the Milotic... :P

Anyways, after I got out, I pressed 'A'/'Z' on this sign and this came out... :\

not to mention the fact that you exit heading NORTH on the cave and come out heading SOUTH...
and about the gs-ball i figured it out by myself (alredy got the celebi, EASY...), ill try to talk to morty about the ghostbuster tkx

c7777
May 20th, 2008, 10:00 AM
To zel
when will kike back hacking the game?
I very want it continue.will he continue it?
if yes,I'll be very happy because I think
it is the best hack ever together shiny gold!
I quested yuu because he doesn't speak to my question
ant I hope you do.

moh27
May 20th, 2008, 10:34 AM
i dunno if the game is messed up or theres something to do, after i beat the elite four and after the credits i cant continue the game to start exploring kanto it just forces me to restart after the main menu with the picture of the ho-oh help plz?

destinytrigger
May 20th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Awesome hack, can't wait for the next update!

-Neji-
May 20th, 2008, 01:32 PM

Many people including me have done that problem, If you didnt change the save settings to 128k flash before you started the game, i am afraid you will have to start over..

Because i assume you were using the emulator save "Shift F1"? .. well you need a proper save file in the game, you know the gold old fashiond way?

Yes it is anoying trust me i know, i have done the same thing myself

Heart's Soul
May 20th, 2008, 02:04 PM
I went WAY past, but then the game said KO on me... when I got the Ghostbuster. Avoided wild pokes, avoided trainers, and had only one pokemon on my team, except the egg (Really, a lv. 69 Typhlosion and a lv. 21 Togetic)

gtab x3
May 20th, 2008, 02:05 PM
this is such a newbish question but the links to download are they for psp also? because i originally found a psp download of shinygold but having trouble at last gym and there is nothing to do.

moh27
May 20th, 2008, 02:12 PM
tru thanks neji fro answering my question and thanks nel for the awsome game

rebelbot
May 20th, 2008, 02:44 PM
I'm having trouble downloading it.

gwiz210
May 20th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Does anyone have an mp3 or a link to a youtube video of the Amelia battle in lavender town?

Quoting this because i'm still looking for it. Even the name of it(if its in another game) would help.

clonex25
May 20th, 2008, 09:40 PM

BTW :

SHADOW CLONE 147..

u need to start ol over again.. delete all ur save file and open ur emulator..
then click options>emulator>save type and change flash 64k to flash 128k.. thats all..

KABAYAN!!!! (it's good to know that i have fellowmen in the forums, hehe.)

Oh yes, I've seen a Pokemon ShinyGold while window shopping in a mall, too (damn that pirates, hehe).

Actually, the only advantage of not evolving pokemon is their HP (but i made it through lance with just chikorita and stuff).

I think zel has a link for the LIPS. If not, try to Google it (like i did).

shadoweagle89
May 20th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Bug: When you use a Ragecandybar, it says "It won't have any effect." My pokemon was more than 20 HP from full health, too.
Also, Amelia shows up outside of the Mahogany Base even if you haven't met her in Cianwood before.

Edit: Apparently its ONLY a hold item? It used to be used as a potion too.

ke14nt
May 21st, 2008, 12:00 AM

Oh yes, I've seen a Pokemon ShinyGold while window shopping in a mall, too (damn that pirates, hehe).

Actually, the only advantage of not evolving pokemon is their HP (but i made it through lance with just chikorita and stuff).

hey thanks for answering my question.. are you still here in the Philippines?.. hey can you be more specific about that LIPS.. xori.. and thanks again..=D

Teh Baro
May 21st, 2008, 02:40 AM

The sign script may lack a dontfaceplayer/jingle/whatever you call it (command 0x69 to be more exact).

JJK
May 21st, 2008, 02:42 AM

I'm still to understand this...
If i go to a jipsy fair or some mall and i see e.g. FireRed being sold in a plain cartrigde, that's defenitly piracy, and i wouldn't buy it
But can you say that it's piracy to sell a cartridge with a rom hack? It might be because a rom hack is for free but i would think twice before not buying it - after all, that's saying that a homebrew game being written on a normal cartridge is piracy
I SAW NARANJA BEING SOLD FOR 5€!
That, for me, its the price of the cartridge : after all, the game is free, the price i pay is just for putting it on a cartridge
I'm just asking: is selling a cartridge with a rom hack piracy?
(OR Is Shiny Gold well worth over 5€ just to have it running on the good 'ol GBA?

zel 2.0
May 21st, 2008, 05:59 AM
I'll just reply to some posts before they accumulate, but keep in mind that I wont have an update till Thursday, when I may get an overworld for a hammer and a pick. Or, I try to sprite one myself if I dont get anything by then :P

Well, in my opinion (which probably is the opinion of most experienced players), starting the game with an ultra powerful legendary Pokemon is pathetic. The idea of any RPG is to grow as you progress in the game, getting stronger and better Pokemon. That's why if you find a SG hack having the legendaries as starters, you can be sure it wasnt done by me ;)

The .ips patch is at the the bottom of this thread, then LIPS can be gotten from the following link: http://www.wah.studiopokemon.com/herramientas/Lips.zip, and finally, if you need help in understanding how to patch, read H.Sotomura's "Before Playing a Hack" stickied thread (or PM me)

hey can some one help me??
when I've patch the bet4 bugfix and i went to Kurt he gave me the GS ball even though i haven't started the celebi event..and ive caught celebi.. now that i am doing the celebi event Kurt would not give me the Gs ball and i cant advance to the other part of hte cave b"coz the is blocking the way (girl near the shrine in the Ilex forest..) what will happen now??

and LASTLY have anyone notice the girl at the back of the pokemon center near the union cave?? my game froze when i tried talking to her..

It is my recommendation to: 1-never patch over an already patched rom and 2-avoid using older betas saved games.
Those two things will surely lead you to a lot of extra bugs that arent really bugs, simply they are changes I had to do in later releases and if you play from an older beta saved game, it wont work as fine as if you started the game from the beginning.

Which girl at the back of the Pokemon Center? I think she was one of the weekly children, and since I moved them from their original places in Gold, there shouldnt be anyone there... O.o

WRONG, You get the GS BALL then speak to ELM front...*of him*

Then you go to Kurt, and walk all the way to ILEX and to that silly route then fly back, to activate...

Ghostbuster doesn't work as of it's like a silph scope that says do OAK: Theres a time and place for this later.

Just so that we get things straight...

GS-BALL
Gotten at Sea Cavern. Complete the Vermilion and Saffron Gyms. Call Elm on any Phone Booth. Go back to Kanto (the boat is prefered). Go to New Bark and if you called Elm previously he'll notice the ball. Now go to Kurt and he takes the ball. Walk a bunch of minutes around without interacting with anything. Go back to Kurt and he'll initiate the "usual" event, which I'm not going to mention because youtube has a lot of videos about the rest....

GHOSTBUSTER
Go to Silph in Saffron and speak with the policeman. Go to the route below Saffron and battle Ashlee to recover the Prototipe. Back to Silph and go to the top of the building. Defeat J&J and give back the Prototype to receive the "unworking" Ghostbuster. Travel to Kanto in the way you want (if you called Elm after getting the Vermilion and Saffron's badges, you can use the boat). Go to Burned Tower and talk with Morty who'll fix the Ghostbuster. Now whenever there are ghosts blocking your way, the Ghostbuster will work and you'll battle the ghost.

The sign script may lack a dontfaceplayer/jingle/whatever you call it (command 0x69 to be more exact).

I know this happens whenever the "location" sign shows up on top of the window, and then, before it disappears you interact with anything else that shows a message. But, I didnt know that could be fixed with the jingle command... Weird, but I'll try it (ever wonder why Nintendo put their signpost so far away from the entrance of places? :laugh:)

Aint it easier to search on youtube by yourself? Try "Shiny Gold Amelia", I'm sure some videos will show up.

To zel
when will kike back hacking the game?
I very want it continue.will he continue it?
if yes,I'll be very happy because I think
it is the best hack ever together shiny gold!
I quested yuu because he doesn't speak to my question
ant I hope you do.

Ehem... Please dont talk about offtopic stuff in this hack's thread. I'll reply to anything you send via PM (wait till Thursday) or use my profile if you want to talk about anything.

this is such a newbish question but the links to download are they for psp also? because i originally found a psp download of shinygold but having trouble at last gym and there is nothing to do.

They are .ips patches to be applied to a GBA rom. If you are able to play roms on your PSP, then you'll also be able to play patched roms on it. But, I dont have a PSP so I dont know about the methods of putting and playing roms there. Dont ask me, and dont ask here about that.

Bug: When you use a Ragecandybar, it says "It won't have any effect." My pokemon was more than 20 HP from full health, too.
Also, Amelia shows up outside of the Mahogany Base even if you haven't met her in Cianwood before.

Edit: Apparently its ONLY a hold item? It used to be used as a potion too.

Well, I dont remember about how the SG RageCandyBar worked anymore, but I do remember that it was supposed to work mainly as a hold item. Cannot say anything else, really.

That's it. I'm not gonna enter in the "pirated copies" topic because you all already know what I think. Dont buy them or you'll look as fools, being able to get it for free from here. So, to me, that topic is closed, move to something else, people.

[.εternity]
May 21st, 2008, 06:00 AM
Most hacks sold on cartridges are either incomplete or fakes.(That's right,fake hacks)
EDIT:LOL,beaten by 1 minute!

destinedjagold
May 21st, 2008, 06:05 AM
well, zel...
I love the SS Anne sinking event... *gave me a shock since I never expected it to happen* :laugh:
I love the surprises, zel! :classic:

Keep things up~

Ryousha
May 21st, 2008, 06:29 AM
@Zel: I stopped playing beta 5, due to the same events over and over again from beta 4 xD.

Good luck on Beta 6, i'm looking forward to play it.

ke14nt
May 21st, 2008, 07:51 AM
hey ZEL..
thanks for answering my questions and that Ghostbuster issue that was discuss during this past days..hehehe..
just waiting for the next beta to arrive.. good luck..

Captain Arcane
May 21st, 2008, 10:36 AM
Hey Zel, just stopping by, I haven't checked in in a great while.

It seems that you wont have an update till tomorrow, so I guess I'm a little early. :\ But its looking great so far. So, from what I read you are incorporating the GS Ball, very cool, and a new device that lets you correctly encounter ghosts, cool.

Well, I guess thats it for today, I'll be sure to check in tomorrow to see the new updates.

Always impressing me,
Captain Arcane :pirate:

Veng3anc3
May 21st, 2008, 10:49 AM
http://i26.tinypic.com/2efok74.jpg
o:
Color errors on the tiles. Dunno if this has been pointed out, the red circled areas are lighter then the actual trees.

JJK
May 21st, 2008, 11:53 AM
Most hacks sold on cartridges are either incomplete or fakes.(That's right,fake hacks)
EDIT:LOL,beaten by 1 minute!
ah... would you EVER buy something in a jipsy fair and similars without trying?
a friend of mine saw a Naranja (if you know it) cartridge working (he tested it) for 5€...
my question is just technical... is putting (NOT SELLING) a hack on cartridge piracy?
You know... a emu isn't the same as my GBA, and flash cards are expensive (for the short use i would give them, that is)
and... by know im afraid everyone here thinks im a pirate just for asking this...

Just one real question: is it normal that out of 1 female beedrill, 1 female scyther, 1 male scizor, 1 male venomoth and 1 male butterfree, in every possible couple ,the day care man ALWAYS says that they dont like each other? Is it a question of waiting (silver wind scyther, waiting is hard...) or just SHEER bad luck?

Virtual Chatot
May 21st, 2008, 12:28 PM
ah... would you EVER buy something in a jipsy fair and similars without trying?
a friend of mine saw a Naranja (if you know it) cartridge working (he tested it) for 5€...
my question is just technical... is putting (NOT SELLING) a hack on cartridge piracy?
You know... a emu isn't the same as my GBA, and flash cards are expensive (for the short use i would give them, that is)
and... by know im afraid everyone here thinks im a pirate just for asking this...

Just one real question: is it normal that out of 1 female beedrill, 1 female scyther, 1 male scizor, 1 male venomoth and 1 male butterfree, in every possible couple ,the day care man ALWAYS says that they dont like each other? Is it a question of waiting (silver wind scyther, waiting is hard...) or just SHEER bad luck?

1. Putting something on a cartridge is technically just stealing. Piracy is selling something that you didn't make.
2. Depends if they just aren't compatible for breeding, I suggest using Serebii's Pokedex.

JJK
May 21st, 2008, 12:33 PM
1. Putting something on a cartridge is technically just stealing. Piracy is selling something that you didn't make.
2. Depends if they just aren't compatible for breeding, I suggest using Serebii's Pokedex.
-_- i know egg groups they're all in the same (bug) but its normal that all off them hate each other?

Virtual Chatot
May 21st, 2008, 12:38 PM
-_- i know egg groups they're all in the same (bug) but its normal that all off them hate each other?

No, and now that you mention it, it seems to be a problem that's been mentioned before.

Orangemaster
May 21st, 2008, 01:02 PM
How come some shiny gold roms have diffrent graohics than others? for example, some shiny gold roms have the hero wearing goggles, but the one I have has the hero wearing noting pleas answer ASAP!

mr.20
May 21st, 2008, 01:10 PM
Hi guys...
I'm a N00B...can you tell me how i can play pokemon shiny gold on my psp??
Can you link me a guide??

Thanks a lot...and sorry for my english...i'm italian :P

Orangemaster
May 21st, 2008, 01:10 PM
how come in some shiny gold roms the graphics are difrent than others. for example, in one shiny gold rom the main character is wearing goggles, but in mine he's not. I want to know because I want the one wear he's wearing goggles please answer ASAP someone!

Jawash
May 21st, 2008, 01:19 PM
how come in some shiny gold roms the graphics are difrent than others. for example, in one shiny gold rom the main character is wearing goggles, but in mine he's not. I want to know because I want the one wear he's wearing goggles please answer ASAP someone!
just means someone hacked their own version, or stole this one somehow and edited it =/
please avoid extremely repetitive posts, i mean exact. use enter a little bit too =]
i'm no moderator or anything, it's just a tip, i could pmd you, but to keep on topic, this IS my favorite hack i've played, i haven't been keeping up withnews on it or anything because i've been busy with mine, but this hack is a DEFINITE PLAY!!

Darkmanny
May 21st, 2008, 01:26 PM
Hi guys...
I'm a N00B...can you tell me how i can play pokemon shiny gold on my psp??
Can you link me a guide??

Thanks a lot...and sorry for my english...i'm italian :P

1. Need a Custom Firmware (M33, OE etc)
2. Download GPsp or gpSP Kai
3. Patch The .ips file with English PKMN RedFire.gba file
4. put PKMN Red Fire.gba on GBA/Rom folder
5. Enjoy :)

mr.20
May 21st, 2008, 01:33 PM
1. Need a Custom Firmware (M33, OE etc)
2. Download GPsp or gpSP Kai
3. Patch The .ips file with English PKMN RedFire.gba file
4. put PKMN Red Fire.gba on GBA/Rom folder
5. Enjoy :)

Thank you a lot Darkmanny!!!!!!!!!! :D

Darkmanny
May 21st, 2008, 01:41 PM
Thank you a lot Darkmanny!!!!!!!!!! :D

No Problem!!!

If u no can find the emulator i PM u with a link

Platinum Lucario
May 21st, 2008, 01:47 PM
I can't wait for beta 6 to be released, maybe you could make the maps
bigger in version 1. Because in Pokémon FRLG the maps were bigger then
Pokémon RBY. But I'd think Shiny Gold should have bigger maps because the maps in
Shiny Gold are the same as Pokémon GSC. In Pokémon GSC the maps are 5x.
But in Pokémon RSE and FRLG, the maps are 7x in size. But why are you making the
maps the same size as Pokémon GSC? :\ I'm sorry zel if you don't understand this. -.-

mr.20
May 21st, 2008, 01:49 PM
Sorry..i'm me again...with another noob question...XD

Which are the difference between ShinyGold_X_B5_ByZel.zip‎ and ShinyGoldB5_ByZel.zip‎????

Thank you again! :D

shadoweevee
May 21st, 2008, 01:57 PM
Sorry..i'm me again...with another noob question...XD

Which are the difference between ShinyGold_X_B5_ByZel.zip‎ and ShinyGoldB5_ByZel.zip‎????

Thank you again! :D

Q: What is SGX, and what's the difference? (C)
A: SGX (Shiny Gold "X"), is an edited version of Shiny Gold. Its only purpose is to give a harder time to the player when battling against other trainers or leaders. It's a bit less remake this way, but it is more challenging.

Next time do some searching, all the information (including the bugs and glitches) is in the first post. Which is Here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=100537) if you still can't find it.

KrimZonGaurd
May 21st, 2008, 03:21 PM
YOOOOOOOO ZEL! ive noticed something weird with your hack. on the visualboy Advance if you turn the sound off the game goes very very very fast. But when its on or on mute it goes regular speed wiiiiiiiieeeeeeeerrrrrrrrd...... BTW your game doesnt deserve the title hack it should be called a full fledged game =) it shuld be a real game in my opinion =)

Orangemaster
May 21st, 2008, 03:42 PM
just means someone hacked their own version, or stole this one somehow and edited it =/
please avoid extremely repetitive posts, i mean exact. use enter a little bit too =]
i'm no moderator or anything, it's just a tip, i could pmd you, but to keep on topic, this IS my favorite hack i've played, i haven't been keeping up withnews on it or anything because i've been busy with mine, but this hack is a DEFINITE PLAY!!
but it has the EXACT same storyline as shiny gold, it just has different graphics and the main boy character has goggles!
ps sorry about the double posting

destinedjagold
May 21st, 2008, 05:04 PM
o:
Color errors on the tiles. Dunno if this has been pointed out, the red circled areas are lighter then the actual trees.

Yeah, zel already knows that one.., and all other tile glitches.
you need not to worry though, zel will fix those when he'll release the final release. :)

but it has the EXACT same storyline as shiny gold, it just has different graphics and the main boy character has goggles!
ps sorry about the double posting

maybe it's an old version of Shiny Gold or someone hacked it.
either way, double posting is against the rules. *reports*

Ryousha
May 21st, 2008, 05:57 PM
Zel, will you show us a sneak peak of your secret area of Kyogre and Groudon's lair?

Along with Rayquaza?

Ryousha
May 21st, 2008, 07:15 PM
Yeah, but I've been here for a year so I know what's going on, Zel will probably include legendary scripts?
or just add them into the wild xD.

btw, it didn't get closed due to that, Zel requested to close it. So I have no idea what in the world you're speaking of.

ke14nt
May 21st, 2008, 07:23 PM

hey i dont know if im answering your question correcly but i think if you really want a bug pokemon egg just get yourself a ditto and give it to the day care and breed it with your bug pokemon maybe it would lay an egg. I havent try it with bug pokemon but I already tried breeding my BLASTOISE, CHARIZARD, MARSHTOMP and other starter pokemon and it worked..

Stalin Malone
May 21st, 2008, 08:38 PM
Can we PLEASE have the big pokedolls like in GSC?

blitzbear
May 21st, 2008, 08:55 PM
zel your so cool we know about your hack alway out here in new zealand =)

muckers
May 21st, 2008, 09:17 PM
YOOOOOOOO ZEL! ive noticed something weird with your hack. on the visualboy Advance if you turn the sound off the game goes very very very fast. But when its on or on mute it goes regular speed wiiiiiiiieeeeeeeerrrrrrrrd...... BTW your game doesnt deserve the title hack it should be called a full fledged game =) it shuld be a real game in my opinion =)

That's not the hack - that's just something VBA does. If you don't want sound you have to mute, rather than turn it off completely.

JJK
May 22nd, 2008, 12:31 AM
You love reporting :\. This Forum loves reporting, I have no clue, but I care.

Zel, will you show us a sneak peak of your secret area of Kyogre and Groudon's lair?

Along with Rayquaza?
Well if you have played it through johto you should alredy have something on rayquaza...

And tkx for the help but i alredy have the silver wind scyther

Meowth
May 22nd, 2008, 05:54 AM
Great job man, I've been following you since... Mahogany town. :D

Tentachu
May 22nd, 2008, 07:20 AM
I can't get over what a great game this is! It's just such a great feat. Lots of people make GSC remakes, but most of them die out after a few months, but this one just keeps going! Brilliant!

yoni159
May 22nd, 2008, 07:38 AM
I can't get over what a great game this is! It's just such a great feat. Lots of people make GSC remakes, but most of them die out after a few months, but this one just keeps going! Brilliant!

well, for some reason people continue trying and trying.
I think they should try adding systems that aren't in the game. then even if they fail in all game they have done something that can help this hack and zel would respect it. like I'm working on clock system.
also zel do you think it's possible to add more than 168 sprites?
if yes I'll try to add some as leganary poke sprites.

Lucario rocks
May 22nd, 2008, 08:10 AM
Zel, Don't rush the game, the more you keep calm is the more you can make this game awesome.

And by the way, The Champion Lance Music is awesome

W00T!!! 100TH PAGE!! :-)

Da Man
May 22nd, 2008, 08:20 AM
Woo 2nd post on page 100!!!

Anyway yes Zel I agree with Lucario rocks: Take your time with your hack and don't let these people get to your head.

yoni159
May 22nd, 2008, 08:31 AM
Zel, Don't rush the game, the more you keep calm is the more you can make this game awesome.

And by the way, The Champion Lance Music is awesome

W00T!!! 100TH PAGE!! :-)

Woo 2nd post on page 100!!!

Anyway yes Zel I agree with Lucario rocks: Take your time with your hack and don't let these people get to your head.

I must agree with them. but don't say it just like that. zel already said it would take time and he won't rush so it might have problems. unless you have suggestions or bugs please don't post.

Stalin Malone
May 22nd, 2008, 08:45 AM
So is this hack going to have GSC music? If so that's epic win. I liked the second generation's music the best.

[.εternity]
May 22nd, 2008, 10:11 AM
All GSC music? Nice. IMO GSC had the best music.
That was posted some pages ago by you.Answer?

shinygoldash
May 22nd, 2008, 11:44 AM
How are you gonna interpret the radio? Cuz Teachy-Tv would suit it well as you could have like a little pokemon parade while the radio's on.

ℜªℳ
May 22nd, 2008, 12:37 PM
Yes! New DP graphics! This is awesome Zel. Oh sorry about sking for the tilemap. I've dun it myself and didn't mean to just bust in if that's what u thought. (u prbly forgot). That beta 5 and the videos just made the game better. I spread news where ever I see vba players. Your game rox!

Stalin Malone
May 22nd, 2008, 12:37 PM
How are you gonna interpret the radio? Cuz Teachy-Tv would suit it well as you could have like a little pokemon parade while the radio's on.

That would be cool. If the radio is put in can we have a wider range of music unlike the 6 or so total that GSC had?(I remember 3 stations in johto and kanto). Wouldn't need to add new music since you could do what GSC did(reuse already used music for it)

bobmarleypeople
May 22nd, 2008, 12:56 PM
Since we're talking about the radio, if it makes a comeback, the "Lucky Channel" music shouldn't be changed. It should just be a direct port cos it's an awesome song. It would be criminal to mess with it!!!

Going to the more technical side now, a radio (as far as I'm aware) wouldn't be too hard to implement. The up and down the gauge would be hard to do, but a list of selectable songs shouldn't be too hard to produce. I'm guessing you'd just need a script to change the music depending on the option chosen. As in the original games, the music would revert to default when you change route/city, but that's no problem. As always tho, we'll see what Zel says, although it'll probably be something along the lines of...

"It's not exactly an important feature so I won't code it just yet, but (as with the pokegear) it may be implemented in a later release"

Stalin Malone
May 22nd, 2008, 01:02 PM
I wasn't proposing altering the music any of the existing stations(Lucky Channel included) had playing but instead proposing adding new stations.

jhotopokemonlover
May 22nd, 2008, 01:55 PM
hi im new to the site so i dont know tht much bout it but i really do like pokemon shiny gold creds go to u ZEL!!! thnks 4 makin the best pkmon game in the world

wraith89
May 22nd, 2008, 03:32 PM
Cool! This stuff is amazing! But just a few things. When I tried to play as the girl character, everyone refers to her as "sir" and has the same dialogue as if they were talking to the boy protagonist...

Also, is it possible to change Ghost moves into Special base and Dark moves into Physical? They're both super effective against Psychics and Ghosts and the only difference is that Ghost moves don't affect Normal types while Dark moves are ineffective against Fighting types. I mean really, Special Crunch/Bite/Faint Attack/Thief/Pursuit make no sense whatsoever... and as for the Ghost moves, sure Lick/Astonish are Physical, but I don't think I'd use it as much as Shadow Ball (Gengar's Shadow Ball just doesn't do enough damage!)

That's just a suggestion... you don't have to implement it if you don't want to...

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention... but how does Amelia's Blaziken have Ice Punch? (X version) Ice Punch isn't compatible with Blaziken...

Aussie Riolu
May 22nd, 2008, 04:28 PM
Blaziken with Ice Punch?! o.O
It should have Thunderpunch instead, it can learn that :)
I've also seen attack mistakes as well, but I can't remember any of them...been a while since i've played it,
because my computer crashed :(

Aquilae
May 22nd, 2008, 04:53 PM
Amelia's Blaziken has Thunderpunch, not Ice Punch.

Changing the Dark moves to physical and Ghost moves to special would be contradictory of the goal of the rom hack, which Zel intends to be able to trade with Fire Red. Such a drastic change would have a significant impact on the game itself and how it is played, which would make an entirely new game itself, again contradictory to compatibility with Fire Red as both games have different mechanics, unlike 2nd gen and 1st gen.

I think the DP graphics are a poor fit on this hack at best - DP and third gen have a huge difference in graphics as DP's graphics are 3D, while third gen is 2D. I actually would advocate a change in some tiles, namely the signs and the gyms, to a more fitting design.

destinytrigger
May 22nd, 2008, 05:13 PM
In the rocket hideout in Mahogany, just in front of the generator, there are portions of the wall that you appear to "walk" on. Not a gameplay issue, just a minor graphical error.

Raiph
May 23rd, 2008, 02:41 AM
Hey im new here and i want to play the latest version of this game but when i go 2 his first post(Zel's) I can't seem to find it. And i seem to be having probs with it altogether like i don't understand if im doing it right or not or what i need. I have the firered rom and the visualboy advance but i dunno how to get shiny gold 2 work oh and if it's allowed can someone show me the link to the LIPS file you used to get this game to work? Thanks alot of you can help cuz this game looks nice.

ok i got the latest edtition of the ''game'' but i can't seem to get it 2 work and by this i mean HOW do i get it 2 work becuz when i downloaded it from this post it was an ips file and i have pokemon fire red rom so now i just need help on this. anyone?

ok i got it to work now it says the 1M sub-circuit board is not installed. How do i fix this cuz i got the game 2 start up but i get this prob. anyone?

oh and sry for triple posting i didn't see the edit button so srry i really didn't mean to and it won't happen again and im sorry

ke14nt
May 23rd, 2008, 04:04 AM
ok i got it to work now it says the 1M sub-circuit board is not installed. How do i fix this cuz i got the game 2 start up but i get this prob. anyone?

oh and sry for triple posting i didn't see the edit button so srry i really didn't mean to and it won't happen again and im sorry

hey i think you need to delete all your savefile (if you had already started playing)..and before you begin open your VBA and click option > emulator > save type and change the flash 64k to 128k. then begin..

hope you get it..

Saviour_Gundam
May 23rd, 2008, 05:02 AM
Ok, I've done this over a hundred times, I've downloaded the ROM, Downloaded the IPS, used Lunar IPS to put the two together (Worked w/ Gold and Prisim Version).
Changed the flash from 64 to 128 (and back).
And All I get is a white screen.

What am I doing wrong?????? :: bashes bloody scalp into keyboard ::

Raiph
May 23rd, 2008, 05:07 AM
Thanks ke14int i got it working now and i just started playing it. This is a great game omg the best Gold version remake i've ever played(and i've played alot of fake pokemon g/s/c games).

Tropical Sunlight
May 23rd, 2008, 05:27 AM
Post on page 100!!!

lol

I hope ShinyGold doesn't get any Fakemon because I want to play it on my NDS using a Flashcard...
And I don't want a Bad Egg...

rooster12999
May 23rd, 2008, 09:50 AM
I have looked EVERYWERE for the answer to my question yet I still cannot find it...
How do you restart your game after beating Lance and Carlos!
I have heard it happens to other people but no one seems to know the answer.
I will be very grateful if someone replies, thanks!

blackshadow
May 23rd, 2008, 10:00 AM
Hi im new but i've been playing this game for a while now and i have one
Queston in beta 5x can u go in mt silver and if not will it be in beta 6

~Gary
May 23rd, 2008, 11:09 AM
Really I believe that the hack this one very good and I hope that the next Beta works out prompt, chau

zel 2.0
May 23rd, 2008, 11:19 AM
Sorry for not being around more yesterday, but I had some problems with the web browser (though it sounds more as if the ISP had some kind of problem and didnt allow me to open pages), so, I'll reply and talk about the update at the end of another long multi-quote post... Ready, GO!

How come some shiny gold roms have diffrent graohics than others? for example, some shiny gold roms have the hero wearing goggles, but the one I have has the hero wearing noting pleas answer ASAP!

Probably, the others are older Betas. I've decided to change the hero's overworld sprite after Beta2, maybe that's why. And I have also changed the hero's battle sprite after B4 (or was it 5? :\)

I can't wait for beta 6 to be released, maybe you could make the maps
bigger in version 1. Because in Pokémon FRLG the maps were bigger then
Pokémon RBY. But I'd think Shiny Gold should have bigger maps because the maps in
Shiny Gold are the same as Pokémon GSC. In Pokémon GSC the maps are 5x.
But in Pokémon RSE and FRLG, the maps are 7x in size. But why are you making the
maps the same size as Pokémon GSC? :\ I'm sorry zel if you don't understand this. -.-

I wanted to follow the same structures as the original maps had, why? maybe because it's another of my lazyness problems (yeah, most likely it's that). I'm not really a good mapper, I admit it.

So, the maps will stay as that, if later someone wants to do something about them, as soon as I allow the hack to be "overhackeable", then you may edit as much as you wish.

By the way, if Nintendo did change their maps size it wasnt because they wanted them to look pretty, but I have the hunch it was more like they had to in order to avoid many problems (specially related to overworlds setting)

Along with Rayquaza?

You already have a good idea of where will Rayquaza be located. And, I cannot reveal anything about the other two. But, in any case, I hack as I progress and dont do stuff that will be quite ahead in the game (I'm not that anxious), when the moment to reach those place comes, I'll implement them, and probably, I wont show those events as it'll be more exciting to discover them by yourself.

Can we PLEASE have the big pokedolls like in GSC?

Hmmmm... I dont think so. Implementing the room decoration system, although not impossible, would be extremely tiring. Anyway, wasnt that a feature only in Crystal? (dont forget this is a remake of Gold)

also zel do you think it's possible to add more than 168 sprites?
if yes I'll try to add some as leganary poke sprites.

At least when I tried to a few weeks ago, they showed on OWE but not in Advance Map nor in the rom later. Currently my answer should be: No.

I think that it'll be something really basic. Putting radios on houses with a multi command to allow you to listen to different stations. That's as far as I'll go, probably (anything else to make it more close as in GSC would require creating something from scratch = ASM), but, in any case it's not exactly an important feature so I won't code it just yet, but it may be implemented in a later release.

Cool! This stuff is amazing! But just a few things. When I tried to play as the girl character, everyone refers to her as "sir" and has the same dialogue as if they were talking to the boy protagonist...

I know about that, only that I havent pay attention to that, as a whole lot of other things.

By the way, the Ghost->special and stuff official reply is basically what Aquillae said. I just dont want to mess with the stuff Nintendo did, it still must look a bit official (I just change some of the stuff they did that annoys me)

I think the DP graphics are a poor fit on this hack at best - DP and third gen have a huge difference in graphics as DP's graphics are 3D, while third gen is 2D. I actually would advocate a change in some tiles, namely the signs and the gyms, to a more fitting design.

Still, my idea is to mix graphics from all 3 generations, that's why I add some DP graphs as well. Not like they differ that much from gen-2. If you try to convince me they look 3D, compared against a PS3 or other consoles, you'll have a hard time, let me tell you... lol

I hope ShinyGold doesn't get any Fakemon because I want to play it on my NDS using a Flashcard...
And I don't want a Bad Egg...

Nah, no Fakemon's on Shiny Gold. Why would there be one, if I'm just remaking the original Gold? With the addition of Hoenn Pokemon should be enough to entertain everyone.

I have looked EVERYWERE for the answer to my question yet I still cannot find it...
How do you restart your game after beating Lance and Carlos!
I have heard it happens to other people but no one seems to know the answer.
I will be very grateful if someone replies, thanks!

Close the emulator, delete any .sav or .sa1 file, avoid using the saved files as well. Open the emulator, make sure the Flash 128k option is enabled, and now start a new game again. This time the game will acknowledge your settings and it'll be able to save&load. The problem is starting the game from the beginning, but that's not my problem, it's something that has happened to me as well when I played FR.

Hi im new but i've been playing this game for a while now and i have one
Queston in beta 5x can u go in mt silver and if not will it be in beta 6

On Beta 6 you'll be able to reach up to Mt.Silver and battle Red (and have a second round against the E4)

--------------

UPDATE: Well, the digging minigame is finally finished, after inserting the overworlds. I'll just post the link to the video and talk more about how the system works in the next post (which I'll make in a few hours tonight), I dont want to extend this post any more.
Click Me! - Digging Minigame Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPIyo12QHZ4)

Mitchman
May 23rd, 2008, 11:23 AM
Dude nice. I ignored it for to long and now look I found the greatest thing on gba hacks right here. I seriously want to say sorry for ignoring this and the biggest good luck to having the most succesful hacks out there.