PDA

View Full Version : FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16

Midnight Beat
May 23rd, 2008, 11:44 AM
Wow. Nice job on the digging game, Zel. It's very detailed, and pretty close to the one in D/P. Very impressive.

Maxim
May 23rd, 2008, 11:57 AM
Hmmmm... I dont think so. Implementing the room decoration system, although not impossible, would be extremely tiring. Anyway, wasnt that a feature only in Crystal? (dont forget this is a remake of Gold)

No, it was in Gold/Silver as well.

Shwicked
May 23rd, 2008, 11:58 AM
Yeah! The digging mini game looks awesome. I have one question. So, is there a limited time to dig things up or after getting 3 items, the mini game ends?

I wonder where Fossil Cave is...

JJK
May 23rd, 2008, 12:16 PM
Congrats for the 100 (and 1) pages, its a true indicator of how great Shiny Gold is.
And if you want any proof, just check how many ppl registered in the forums just for this thread...

Anyway i just watch the video, the digging game is OUTSTANDING worth every capital letter
where will it be located?
And about my favourite, the beautiful Scyther, it would be great if it were available in the wild, and not only in the bug-catching contest (to get one cost me a automatic everstone...)

And for you guys saying "take your time", stop it, even if you dont mean it, you're basically doing the opposite...
Its ready when its ready... and no it wont be another Duke Nukem Forever...

Raiph
May 23rd, 2008, 01:14 PM
yea just take your time on the next beta so it comes out perfect and so it'll come out the way you like it XD.

Stalin Malone
May 23rd, 2008, 02:14 PM
I second JJK's point. Please make the onesl ike Scyther available outside of bug catching contests.

Dan13x
May 23rd, 2008, 02:27 PM
Cool, I like the digging mini-game!

trevor813
May 23rd, 2008, 02:54 PM
i just saw your video zel about the mini game and it looks great ;)

plop
May 23rd, 2008, 04:45 PM
if i update to this ver. from ver. X v4 will my save progress sill work??

Heart's Soul
May 23rd, 2008, 06:09 PM
if i update to this ver. from ver. X v4 will my save progress sill work??

Yes... but with terrible side effects. Do not try it- all right? Many events will be messed.

Erick
May 23rd, 2008, 06:18 PM
Oh zel!
OMFG!
That's awesome!
Great work on that script.
Seriously it is S-I-C-K!
Kudos to you!
See you!

SilentWing
May 23rd, 2008, 08:01 PM
That is an absolutely ingenious implementation of the digging minigame (in your sig). Great job! It's well worth the loading time (maybe you can insert a loading message?).

Cheers!

destinedjagold
May 23rd, 2008, 08:49 PM
hey zel, the digging mini game is very fun! :)
i wish you good luck with the game. ;)

sirboulevard
May 23rd, 2008, 10:04 PM
Dude! The new digging mini-game looks amazing! However it left me with a question: since fossils are obviously in, how are we going to be able to revive them? After all the lab on Cinnabar Island was destroyed. Also, is the Pewter City Museum in? I hated that they closed it in GSC originally.

pokegamefreak
May 23rd, 2008, 10:27 PM
the mini game is so awesome, what is your next mini game going to be like

Superjub
May 24th, 2008, 04:02 AM
The mini game is nearly identical to the DP one.
It looks excellent.
I wonder where it is?
Well, good luck.
I'm sure Shiny Gold will be outstanding when its finished!

choatix
May 24th, 2008, 04:16 AM
What other mini games are you putting into the next beta Zel?
Is that tower in Vermillion open yet?
Loving the look of the digging minigame! Where is it?
(if you don't want to hide it from us!)

zel 2.0
May 24th, 2008, 04:38 AM
No, it was in Gold/Silver as well.

Ah, I see. Anyway, it doesnt change the fact that it'd be difficult to do :P

I wonder where Fossil Cave is...

I'll explain about how the system works at the end of this post, but about its location, where do we find Fossils usually?

And about my favourite, the beautiful Scyther, it would be great if it were available in the wild, and not only in the bug-catching contest (to get one cost me a automatic everstone...)

But, at least you got one, didnt you? In the original GSC, that was its only location so you were forced to do the bug catching contest as well, so I dont see the problem of doing it here also. Besides, that's why you also have a Scizor around, if you want Scyther, just breed (breeding should have some kind of importance in the life of a Pokemon trainer... *cough*sounded like something an anime character would say*cough*)

That is an absolutely ingenious implementation of the digging minigame (in your sig). Great job! It's well worth the loading time (maybe you can insert a loading message?).

Cheers!

I thought about that, but since you'd have to press a button to close the message and keep loading, I wasnt sure of how much of a good idea that was. Unless we have message boxes that can be automatically closed, does anyone know or remember?

Dude! The new digging mini-game looks amazing! However it left me with a question: since fossils are obviously in, how are we going to be able to revive them? After all the lab on Cinnabar Island was destroyed. Also, is the Pewter City Museum in? I hated that they closed it in GSC originally.

Yeah, Pewter's museum is back open, and mainly it's function it's just that one: reviving the fossils. More will be talked about at the end of this post.

the mini game is so awesome, what is your next mini game going to be like

My next mini-game is something not that interesting. But something that I wanted to do: A match-up mini-game, yeah, like the usual match-up games where you flip a card and then you have to find it's match-up, only this time, instead of cards, we'll have Pokeballs, and instead of images, we'll have Pokemon :P

----

MINI-GAME No.2
"The digging mini-game and Fossils Resurrection"

Somewhere around Mt.Moon, there'll be an extra cave where a hiker will share you a hammer or a pick and you'll have the chance to hit tiles till they crumble to get items.

Now, how does it really works? Well, both the hammer and the pick have different characteristics: While the hammer is more powerful, meaning less hits to destroy tiles, it also lasts shorter than the pick (up to 15 hits), while the pick lasts longer but it lacks power (it lasts up to 30 hits). Obviously, their sharing prices are different, so it's up to you which to pick.
Of course, since there's also some randomization involved, during some hits, the pick may turn to be better than the hammer. But overall, the hammer is stronger.

The game ends as soon as you've used either the 15 hits for the hammer, or the 30 for the pick. After that, the tool will break.

Now, about the tiles, if you've watched carefully the video, then you'll have noticed that the tiles will change randomly each time you start a new mini-game. Each tile has its own "stamina", and it's related to the sprite it shows. If you see a tile that looks too weak (usually a message shows up to show it's "about to crumble"), it gives you an idea that with one or two hits (or may take more depending on the randomization) it'll be destroyed. In the other hand, rocks that look too hard (bigger rocks) may take quite a few tries till it crumbles. But, since as you hit'em, their sprite will change, you'll have an idea on how many more hits you'll need.

What about prizes? The prizes are set as soon as the mini-game begins, and they wont change. Prizes are related to the initial tile's stamina. As a rule, tiles with higher stamina (big rocks) will lead to better prizes as they'll take more hits to be destroyed, but, it doesnt mean that only the big rocks will give you fossils. In fact, any tile may give you a fossil or two (then, someone will probably make a list, I'm sure of that >.<)
Oh, but dont forget something! Most of the time, no prize could be assigned to the tile, meaning a waste of hits on a useless tile. That's where the fun comes in, hitting the right tile to get the prize.

Part2-Reviving the Fossils

Pewter's Museum will be open as soon as you solve a problem they have. Once that is finished, the reviving event will be available. It's as always, a scientist will spot the fossils and will ask you if you want to give him one (much like Kurt's Apricorn script), this time, reviving fossils activates a "timed event" so it'll really take some time to finish the process (unlike FR where you step out the lab, then back in and it was finished -_-)

But... This time, this scientist is a klutsy one, so he's bound to make mistakes during the process, thus making the fossils unusable. When that happens you'll have to give him another fossil and keep trying till he is sucessful (and if he'll be sucessful is setted as soon as you give him the fossil to make the event harder to be manipulated)

That's the idea, all of the fossils (Kanto and Hoenn) can be gotten from the mini-game.

Magnius
May 24th, 2008, 04:53 AM
Awesome dude, hey sorry I haven't gotten a lot remixes in lately, I'll be sending a crapload today.

Da Man
May 24th, 2008, 06:29 AM
Awesome dude, hey sorry I haven't gotten a lot remixes in lately, I'll be sending a heckload today.

Music remixes? How bout a preview on youtube :D.

Shiroi Alucard
May 24th, 2008, 07:11 AM
Hey Zel, Im Just Wondering Id The Day/Night System Will Be In This One?
That Day/Night System Was One Of My Favorite Features In G/S/C XD

Magnius
May 24th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Music remixes? How bout a preview on youtube :D.
Well lol I have a topic with a bunch of remixes, but I need to reupload some because I think the forum had crashed or something and some of the updated edits were gone.

Here's my lastest remix... Elm's Lab....
http://midishrine.com/midi/22603.mid

KyGon
May 24th, 2008, 10:33 AM
man zel, lovin this updated version! i like the tile changes, and also the starter pics are nice too! Two thumbs up!:)

Stalin Malone
May 24th, 2008, 10:42 AM

As far as I know it's not sadly. oH well.

JJK
May 24th, 2008, 11:18 AM
But, at least you got one, didnt you? In the original GSC, that was its only location so you were forced to do the bug catching contest as well, so I dont see the problem of doing it here also. Besides, that's why you also have a Scizor around, if you want Scyther, just breed (breeding should have some kind of importance in the life of a Pokemon trainer... *cough*sounded like something an anime character would say*cough*)

I love scyther you wont beat me in knowledge about him hehehe
I know it only appeared in the contest in GSC (as well as pinsir, i think), and i actually won a contest with him, but i lost the last (of the 3) opportunities catching a lv. 13 female to B-R-E-E-D I-T , as Ditto is nowere to be found (a LOT rarer than in GSC, at least on the same place where it was, between goldenrod and the park), and i needed the silver wind scyther...
But my suggestion only stands if u cant fix the 3-times-limit contest

Oh so scizor's around... yup its here in the dex route 43 didnt know that...
It'll only be a breeder and a dex filler, as ugly and slow as it is...
Anyway i got to the end of the beta so i stoped playing it, as i want to be HUNGRY for B6, so i'll do all of that only there

And you've changed the TM's, right? Just to be sure

You still dont know what will you do with the FR move tutors, right? Well, how about putting the crystal move tutor, who would teach Bolt/Beam/Thrower for 4000 coins in the goldenrod GC?

EDIT: What happened to this post? I was positivly sure i left it in page 102, it went back one page (WEIRD...) ....

Drew
May 24th, 2008, 12:26 PM
I've been seeing supporters of this hack everywhere..
so this morning I was playing Emerald, and thought 'I should go give Shiny Gold a try!'.

I just played it for about 30 minutes, taking a break for a bit, but this is an amazing hack.
Zel did an awesome job on it, especially since it's his first one. o_o

Really awesome job.

I love Shiny Gold. xD

I have to support it in my signature now~. -goes off to grab a banner-

sirboulevard
May 24th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Hmm. I like the idea of a new version of "Card Flip" using pokeballs and actual pokemon. Also, I know the whole decoration thing would be hard to implement (and if you wanted to put it in i dont think anybody would mind waiting until the final version since its just a minor detail) but it would be nice. Gold/Crystal's room is too bare in game at the very least add some decor to it. Because it looks out of place if you look at Red's room he has a NES (N64 in GSC) and other little details that make the room stand out. Also, instead of decorating, the game could auto-decorate for certain events (beat the E4 and a Silver Trophy is set up in your room). But its not a big deal. Keep up the good work and I'm really looking forward to Beta 6.

trevor813
May 24th, 2008, 03:46 PM
I say that zel should take his time with this hack and besides it really looks good ;)im curious if ash ( red) will have the same team from crystal :P LOL

wraith89
May 24th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Amelia's Blaziken has Thunderpunch, not Ice Punch.

I remember it specifically using Ice Punch on my Swampert. Of course Swampert owned it with one Earthquake.

Changing the Dark moves to physical and Ghost moves to special would be contradictory of the goal of the rom hack, which Zel intends to be able to trade with Fire Red. Such a drastic change would have a significant impact on the game itself and how it is played, which would make an entirely new game itself, again contradictory to compatibility with Fire Red as both games have different mechanics, unlike 2nd gen and 1st gen.

Oh well. I didn't know about the trade with Fire Red part. But still, special Dark attacks are silly if you know what i mean.

ke14nt
May 24th, 2008, 10:06 PM
hey i'm just curious just like trevor813 is.. i just want to ask if red or ash would have the same starter
i mean like in the GSC game where his pokemon was on their final evolve form or would it be just like in
the series where his only fully evolve pokemon was charizard and the rest were not..
hey im just curious,,:P

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.pokecharms.com/trainercards/cards/2352008/56ea2b68c356a3fa4c789459207717d2.png
just waiting for the next beta..goodluck!!

Momoko
May 24th, 2008, 10:13 PM
well since its a gold REMAKE ill go with the first one. I mean,if they werent evoed,would he really stand much of a chance? -_- but i cant be sure,well have to wait zels answer...hope i helped

Saviour_Gundam
May 24th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Hey Zel, for amusement, you should do something for the final trainer, on days where you can't fight Red fight you! XD

hi sir tomato my password is syvniti
May 25th, 2008, 01:46 AM

By the way, although I won't be implementing that thing now (mainly because I have other priorities, and mainly 'cause I want Tutti to enjoy the system for some time), it could be possible (according to Mastermind_X) to do a similar system in FR, although, OBVIOUSLY, won't use real time, but would use the gameplay's time in order to do the night/day. It would be something, at least :P (But as I said before, I'm not gonna be doing something about it, 'cause I think finishing the game comes first, then we can discuss extra features all you want)
Not like day/night is something that I'm frenetically looking for, I prefer to first finish the game, and then we could discuss of stuff to add to it. From the talks we had with Mastermind, the first idea is to use Gameplay time, because there isnt any kind of timer, with the weird exception of the one used in the Battle Tower events (and I doubt that would be useful for anything, but, who knows?)

Well, I dont know. Perhaps one of these days I'll start discussing about what we could do with M_X. For now my focus is in other stuff.
Does I even need to write a mesage? I think you just can read(-:

@Zel: Maybe you could write a little "teaser" about your new mini region after Kanto? Just name, what's special about it, A few town names and then the sreenshot? (I know we just can use the seach botton)...
Then you could make it like a page from a magazine?
Or just show it here in a Quote from Carlos... Like "I came from this place, and..." or "Please visit me in next beta in..."
Just a tiny info about it please?

shinygoldash
May 25th, 2008, 02:34 AM
Does I even need to write a mesage? I think you just can read(-:

@Zel: Maybe you could write a little "teaser" about your new mini region after Kanto? Just name, what's special about it, A few town names and then the sreenshot? (I know we just can use the seach botton)...
Or just show it here in a Quote from Carlos... Like "I came from this place, and..." or "Please visit me in next beta in..."

I agree about D/N. It's not a big deal till all the other extras are done.

Zel already said that Carlos is a traveller from an unknown region so it's probabley unlikely for that to happen.

Zel Could you not tell us where new minigames and legendaries cuz that makes the game so much better.

Ryousha
May 25th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Didn't he already say he won't show where they are :/.

shinygoldash
May 25th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Oh yh forgot. Well at least that's good.

I'm looking forward do what you can do for mini-games.

Yay My 200th post!

zel 2.0
May 25th, 2008, 08:01 AM
And you've changed the TM's, right? Just to be sure

You still dont know what will you do with the FR move tutors, right? Well, how about putting the crystal move tutor, who would teach Bolt/Beam/Thrower for 4000 coins in the goldenrod GC?

Yes, I have changed them. It's not exactly the Gold's TM list, but more like a mix of the good moves from FR and the original moves from Gold.

About move tutors, at least I know one will be placed after the next Beta, since he'll teach a move that will have a new field effect. About the rest, it is still unknown how to change the move they teach, so as long as that is unknown, I dont want to put any other move tutor.

Hmm. I like the idea of a new version of "Card Flip" using pokeballs and actual pokemon. Also, I know the whole decoration thing would be hard to implement (and if you wanted to put it in i dont think anybody would mind waiting until the final version since its just a minor detail) but it would be nice. Gold/Crystal's room is too bare in game at the very least add some decor to it. Because it looks out of place if you look at Red's room he has a NES (N64 in GSC) and other little details that make the room stand out. Also, instead of decorating, the game could auto-decorate for certain events (beat the E4 and a Silver Trophy is set up in your room). But its not a big deal. Keep up the good work and I'm really looking forward to Beta 6.

After I finished the digging minigame I think the room decoration thing could follow a similar path. So, it's not like it's impossible, only quite hard (maybe harder than the digging minigame itself), that's why we'll wait for the final version, and then I'll decide what I'll do. The big problems resides more on the lack of overworlds FR has, I dont have many overworls left to use currently.

I say that zel should take his time with this hack and besides it really looks good ;)im curious if ash ( red) will have the same team from crystal :P LOL

In the original, it'll have the same team from Gold. On the X version, besides Pikachu, the rest of his team may be changed.

Well, I really dont want to talk about the islands after I release the next Beta. But, just for info: Carlos does not come from there (though he'll still bother you over there), instead, a new and the last rival will show up there (some of the older rivals will stop appearing, by the way)

That's all, I have to work on Uni stuff, so I guess I wont have too much till Thursday or something, since I'll have less time to work on hacking now.

shinygoldash
May 25th, 2008, 08:06 AM
A Room decorating thing. Oohh, pretty good.

New rival... Can't wait.

Ahh man, you're taking the fun outta Red!

momoelz
May 25th, 2008, 09:27 AM
hi
my question is:what is if i wanna play the rom after i have patched it wis ips on my symbian mobile phone with Vbag??how can i fixe the real time clock??

Raiph
May 25th, 2008, 09:31 AM
ok i seem to be having more probs. When i beat the E4 and carlos and i go to the hall of fame it says saving but it doesn't and after the credits roll it just sends me to the title screen with ho-oh on it and when i load my game it just puts me right back where i saved last time: the entrance into the E4. My save type is flash 128k but still it won't save and i've heard that you need to restart it to fix it. How do you do this?

momoelz
May 25th, 2008, 09:39 AM
If you have S60 3rd download the newst version of vbag and save at the slots in the emu menu

morrisz
May 25th, 2008, 09:50 AM
hi
my question is:what is if i wanna play the rom after i have patched it wis ips on my symbian mobile phone with Vbag??how can i fixe the real time clock??

I use the program gbata7-en to fix the real time clock on roms but as far as i know there is no real time clock in the firered rom so you won't need to fix it.

Virtual Chatot
May 25th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Firered does not include a real time clock, although there is an internal battery which controls certain events.

pizzakoe
May 25th, 2008, 10:29 AM
I thought about that, but since you'd have to press a button to close the message and keep loading, I wasnt sure of how much of a good idea that was. Unless we have message boxes that can be automatically closed, does anyone know or remember?

Yes I knowone, how about the one that says: "Saving, don'turn off the power... " It closes automaticly!

pizzakoe
May 25th, 2008, 10:34 AM
By the way Zel: in the First post of this topic, there stands: "toursim" instead of "tourism"

EJames2100
May 25th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Ok I have a problem.

When I patch Fire Red with your patch, I start to play and I press START and The "Rom Image Crashes"

I figured it was due to a bad Fire Red Rom, I downloaded another and the emulator started and instantly got a white screen and a message of "The Rom Image Has Crashed"

I downloaded yet another Fire Red Rom and started it and then immediatly I pressed START and I got the message of "The Rom Image Has Crashed"

So I figured either I am having really bad luck with downloading bad roms or it's something else I don't think I am aware of. (If it has been mentioned please forgive me for not wanting to look at 102 pages of posts or look at my screen really close and getting eye problems looking at the bug list)

I use Nocash (The newest Freeware version) Does there have to be certain settings for it to work ?

I use the normal Shiny Gold download(Not the hard version).

Any Help ?

morrisz
May 25th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Ok I have a problem.

When I patch Fire Red with your patch, I start to play and I press START and The "Rom Image Crashes"

I figured it was due to a bad Fire Red Rom, I downloaded another and the emulator started and instantly got a white screen and a message of "The Rom Image Has Crashed"

I downloaded yet another Fire Red Rom and started it and then immediatly I pressed START and I got the message of "The Rom Image Has Crashed"

So I figured either I am having really bad luck with downloading bad roms or it's something else I don't think I am aware of. (If it has been mentioned please forgive me for not wanting to look at 102 pages of posts or look at my screen really close and getting eye problems looking at the bug list)

I use Nocash (The newest Freeware version) Does there have to be certain settings for it to work ?

I use the normal Shiny Gold download(Not the hard version).

Any Help ?

This may be due to a bad header of the rom which is the result of patching it with shinygold.
If that's the case you need to fix the header using the original rom.
I used the program gbata7-en to patch the rom and to fix the header however fixing the header overwrites the original rom so better backup it first.

EJames2100
May 25th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Thanks I just downloaded that program (gbata7-en) I just use that to patch it and the start menu works fine now :)

I'm guessing it may have been the patcher I was using(Ipswin 2.0) but I have no idea, but anyways Thanks :)

CDH10
May 25th, 2008, 12:09 PM
I need a working pokemon shiny gold rom.

Friendsxix
May 25th, 2008, 01:41 PM
I need a working pokemon shiny gold rom.
Sorry it's against the forum rules to give out ROM files. You can just patch a Pokemon FireRed ROM with this program.

Tenzou
May 25th, 2008, 01:43 PM
You may download it from WAH, or here. By the way, it's a patch.
Here you go, hope it works.

Midnight Beat
May 25th, 2008, 01:58 PM
I realize this isn't a priority, but it's something interesting to think about.
Zel, have you giving any thought to what you could do with the starting movie with the Gengar and Nidoran? It would be cool to see a new intro for Gold.

Friendsxix
May 25th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Zel, have you giving any thought to what you could do with the starting movie with the Gengar and Nidoran? It would be cool to see a new intro for Gold.
I strongly agree. It would be something new then seeing "Say NO To Pirates".

Ryousha
May 25th, 2008, 02:43 PM
in UNZL. it's possible to change it, but then if u do... the colors are off and the sound waves are different...

Friendsxix
May 25th, 2008, 02:55 PM
in UNZL. it's possible to change it, but then if u do... the colors are off and the sound waves are different...
Oh, then it may not be worth it...

Whatthehell
May 25th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Looking very good zel :)
Good luck
Wth~

kingrocker
May 25th, 2008, 03:32 PM
I Wonder how he changed the world maps
I want to use the program for my hack of firered
please reply if you see this

May 25th, 2008, 04:32 PM
I Wonder how he changed the world maps
I want to use the program for my hack of firered
please reply if you see this
There is a document in the Documents section about this by m_x. Why didn't you just search around for it?:\

Raiph
May 25th, 2008, 05:17 PM
ok um my problem was never solved could someone explain it in more detail?

Friendsxix
May 25th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Nice Hack Zel!

I liked it.........
You liked it or like it? Meaning do you still play it.

Capoland
May 25th, 2008, 05:38 PM
hey, does anyone know where i can download beta 1 & 2 for shiny gold? i would like to have all 5 beta's.

idk if there even is a beta 1 & 2. im just assuming there is since the newest one is called beta 5.

Raiph
May 25th, 2008, 06:00 PM
i don't think they have it anymore it's just beta5 now with everything beta4,3,2,and 1 had and more.

Btw what im talking about is after you beat the E4 and carlos and after the credits roll the game doesn't put me at new bark town it just goes back to the previous save file which was be4 the E4 And it won't save after i beat the E4. I need to know how to get to new bark town after you beat the E4 becuae it just takes me back to the title and not back to new bark town so help anyone? My emulator save type is flash 128k so can anyone help me out?

Capoland
May 25th, 2008, 06:04 PM
dang. cause i like having older things even though beta 5 has everything so far. its something i do a lot with things like this

yoni159
May 25th, 2008, 07:23 PM
hey, does anyone know where i can download beta 1 & 2 for shiny gold? i would like to have all 5 beta's.

idk if there even is a beta 1 & 2. im just assuming there is since the newest one is called beta 5.

well beta4 is still on the older thread, and you can download beta 2 in spanish in WAH (http://wah.studiopokemon.com/hr/hr.php).

Dukey
May 26th, 2008, 01:47 AM
I want beta 6 to be out because I just got 2 cerulean and now can't do anything

wooo I caught celebi first attempt with a great ball

also in beta 6 try to get up to lugia (pewter city) as well

great job so far zel!

my Ampharos pwns

JJK
May 26th, 2008, 03:27 AM
Dark Cave, 1st Section(Violet Side)

http://i29.tinypic.com/288mwlv.png (http://i29.tinypic.com/288mwlv.png) http://i30.tinypic.com/rc78tf.png

shinygoldash
May 26th, 2008, 04:05 AM
Zel has mapped all of Beta 6 except for trick house and minigames places. Maybe legendary parts too.

Most likely, Lugia has been made already as he made it near the start of Beta 6 progress.

I think we should open a SG thread saying about problems like the damn save thing!
That would wipe out 20 posts a month. :)

Mitchman
May 26th, 2008, 05:00 AM

http://i29.tinypic.com/288mwlv.png (http://i29.tinypic.com/288mwlv.png) http://i30.tinypic.com/rc78tf.png
Probably a glitch. If not then hehe wonder whats in there? Assumon a cav would be placed there.

kennyj92
May 26th, 2008, 06:10 AM
Im having a big problem with this game and i know this has been asked before i need an answer. I'm playing this game on my iPod touch and every time i push the start button the game crashes to the home screen. Beta 4 worked good with it. Can somebody please give me a solution. Thank you

GuitarHeroHacker
May 26th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Is this a full version?Because I just got beta 5 and I'm at the 5th gym leader.Is beta 5 a full version.Or does it stop at the 8th gym leader like people tell me on youtube.

Quickster
May 26th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Is this a full version?Because I just got beta 5 and I'm at the 5th gym leader.Is beta 5 a full version.Or does it stop at the 8th gym leader like people tell me on youtube.

beta 5 goes up until kanto and does not have pewter,viridin,or pallet town,,correct me if im wrong.

Friendsxix
May 26th, 2008, 11:42 AM
I made a Pokemon Shiny Gold website at shinygold.us.to . It will have betas 1 & 2 soon as I notified Zel and told him that I need them.

JJK
May 26th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Probably a glitch. If not then hehe wonder whats in there? Assumon a cav would be placed there.
Nope, nothing's there. Although it would be great if in the final release zel made something there, just for fun, like Deoxys/Porygon-Z are to make fun of MissingNO or that bug on the original mortal kombat was made a real fighter later in the series.

Dukey
May 26th, 2008, 01:22 PM
beta 5 goes up until kanto and does not have pewter,viridin,or pallet town,,correct me if im wrong.

it has cerulean but there is only a Carlos event there so it pretty much doesn't count

also there is no power plant

basiclly once ure at cerulean u just have to train

BattleRevolution2
May 26th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Awesome Dude! I Love it! As a pokemon fan this is the best game so far!

Say No To Priates

Dr Gregory House
May 26th, 2008, 02:22 PM
hey Zel,
the minigame looks totally awesome, and it was worth the time by the looks of it... man i wish i had 1337 skills like that! all i can do is make a trainer. LOL.
sprites look pretty cool, and they're close-looking to the ones in diamond and pearl (and platinum =D).
Just thought of something here though. You pay between 500-200, and yet you can get stuff such as full restore worth 3000? that means someone can get a full restore from there without paying the extra 1000 but spending some extra time. I like it tho!
keep up the great work!

moh27
May 26th, 2008, 03:01 PM
in the SG-B5 Pokedex by Giovanni Boss is says articunno cannot be found but i kinda actually found articunno and i dun think i was suppose to find it either i used wall cheat to walk sound of fusia then eventually i found a cave went inside and found articunno:S

Dr Gregory House
May 26th, 2008, 03:25 PM
in the SG-B5 Pokedex by Giovanni Boss is says articunno cannot be found but i kinda actually found articunno and i dun think i was suppose to find it either i used wall cheat to walk sound of fusia then eventually i found a cave went inside and found articunno:S
yeh, try not to use cheats. generally, it helps if you play the game properly, and cheats may screw up your game anyway, as it's not the original fire red.
you're not supposed to be able to go south of fuschia, that's in the next beta i think, so don't rush into it by using cheats.

maximum911
May 26th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Here are some bugs/glitches that i found

When you hit the start button in beta 5 in an emulator other than vba it crashes
the errand where you take that pokemon to the sleepy guy well the sleepy guy doesn't take the pokemon

other than that it looks good keep up the great work zel!

Dr Gregory House
May 26th, 2008, 04:30 PM

When you hit the start button in beta 5 in an emulator other than vba it crashes

i haven't had that, you'll probably find you may need to do a GBAheader fix on it, google is your friend! but i'm not too dure

XD001234
May 26th, 2008, 04:42 PM
wow the digging game is great keep up the good work zel

eliwood
May 26th, 2008, 05:54 PM
I have a question would fire red gameshark codes work?

sirboulevard
May 26th, 2008, 11:15 PM
I have a question would fire red gameshark codes work?

Yes and no. Certain FR codes do work. However they almost all ruin the game. Zel didnt create Shiny Gold to be compatible with any cheating devices. My advice: you want to cheat thats your choice, just know that you probably destroy your game.

@zel: speaking of cheating. I actually did the same thing moh27 did (on seperate copy, and just out of curiosity about the missing parts of kanto) and the Seafoam Islands register as Maiden's Peak (an anime exclusive area); is that going to be part of the game or is that something in the FireRed coding from when nintendo created the area?

Awec
May 27th, 2008, 01:19 AM
the errand where you take that pokemon to the sleepy guy well the sleepy guy doesn't take the pokemon

Someone mentioned this before in the old thread, and Zel said that the Sleepy guy only wants the letter, you can keep the Pokemon.

shinygoldash
May 27th, 2008, 01:47 AM
So?

It's just time. Enjoy waiting by carrying on with yer normal life.

I have a feeling about the roxk posted a few pages back on the sea...

ke14nt
May 27th, 2008, 06:16 AM
it has cerulean but there is only a Carlos event there so it pretty much doesn't count

also there is no power plant

basiclly once ure at cerulean u just have to train

hmmn.. beta 5 ends at the Fuschia coty and the safari zone.. maybe u havent got the ghostbuster that's why u can't advance further..

hehe.. i also tried using that cheat and found articuno in the cave.. and since i'd used that cheat i've seen the cinnbar island and got some fossils at the pewter city and gave it the cinnabar Lab.. now i've got kabuto and aerodactyl..:D
i know its not yet finished and cheat is not allowed but i was just experimenting..:D

http://www.pokecharms.com/trainercards/cards/2352008/56ea2b68c356a3fa4c789459207717d2.png

NeoS
May 27th, 2008, 07:13 AM
Hi bro!!! not long ago that none of you. therefore good. beta 5 is so brilliant, and I played and the truth is very good. Well, good, I find you in the Messenger, now i returned to the hacks. =D adios hermano te cuidas mucho ... xD

CAPETINHA™
May 27th, 2008, 07:54 AM
I can not save, and that is what I already put the type of save to 128k and still not giving ta, some aid; x
To wanting passes E4

Meowth
May 27th, 2008, 08:01 AM
What you do is close your emulator, then open it up without a game, change it to flash128, then close your emulator again. That always works best for me :S

Raiph
May 27th, 2008, 08:51 AM
This game is gonna be very good. Hmm it makes me wonder what will happen to it in the future...

Chairzard
May 27th, 2008, 08:53 AM
I beat the elite for then its game over, I don't get to go to kanto.And i really want to catch a Chairzard or Charmander

choatix
May 27th, 2008, 09:03 AM
It is possible to see Articuno without cheating as well... you can see it in the binocluars near Fuchsia. YAY!

I beat the elite for then its game over, I don't get to go to kanto.And i really want to catch a Chairzard or Charmander
Firstly, the same response as usual, you need to play with Flash 128K and then restratt your game. And anyway... you can get Charmander and evolutions in Goldenrod... it's a game corner prize (2100 coins).

other than that it looks good keep up the great work zel!

You need to just gie the pokemon the mail, not he pokemon. Spearow is YOURS.

It's probably fixed by B6, but there's a border issue in Fuschia (south).
Why does Spinda appear in the Whirl Islands?
I just want B6! XD

CAPETINHA™
May 27th, 2008, 11:47 AM
I already tried most of all jeitos not yet able to save within the memory of the game someone helps me T.T

picori56
May 27th, 2008, 11:49 AM
love love love it. a fire red style of pokemon GSC with some RS pokemon in it.

SephirothX
May 27th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Holy flamin' damn! This has come a long way since I last visited PC. (Whoah, that was like a year ago?) I'm impressed. The tileset's awesome; you did a nice job on the Johto map; the phone booth is pure genious. I'm most impressed with the music. Did you figure out how to loop it, then? Well hey, awesome work, Zel! Keep it up!

(And try to fix the Union Cave Pokémon Center... :S)

Zeikku™
May 27th, 2008, 04:47 PM
@zel, I like what you've done since the last beta, It seems as though you never struggle with idea's :P, I see from your work that your very focused and that it's worth waiting for you even if you have a life to live AKA uni :P
But the digging event is great, simple too ;)
From beta 3 (the first beta I played) I thought that this would be just a remake, But you've added a lot of originality to this.
I love the new music, the sprites, the battles.
I wish you the best man, keep it up.

JUAN7845
May 27th, 2008, 04:55 PM
i wonder when the next betas gona come out
now that zel got a job probibly not eny time soon

Hiroshi Uwishicarwei
May 27th, 2008, 06:08 PM
The hack is really pwnage. But, people, if this a remake, don't mess with it. Its just making it the worst kind of remake.

Momoko
May 27th, 2008, 08:41 PM
The hack is really pwnage. But, people, if this a remake, don't mess with it. Its just making it the worst kind of remake.

Yesh, it is pwnage XD, altho im not sure what you mean by not messing with it. A normal remake would seriously SUX, just fr lg grafix. dont u think Zels ideas give the hack a nice touch :o like its a new game?

anyways,been a while since i posted but AWESHUM job on the dig event. I was wundrin wen u mite put fosils in ;).

JJK
May 28th, 2008, 01:11 AM
@zel, I like what you've done since the last beta, It seems as though you never struggle with idea's :P, I see from your work that your very focused and that it's worth waiting for you even if you have a life to live AKA uni :P
From beta 3 (the first beta I played) I thought that this would be just a remake, But you've added a lot of originality to this.
Yup, ideas aren't zel' problem. And will never be, as long as me and some other ppl are around...

What will be done with the Viridian Battle House? A good idea would be to put there famous trainers absent from the game (Gabby and Ty, Archie, Maxie, Geovanni, Hoenn Gym Leaders, etc.), welll, if that isnt the objective of the Vermilion tower...

dirk123
May 28th, 2008, 06:40 AM
One small question Zel,

Will the 3rd generation legendaries get their R/S/E music?
Or will it just be the random pokemon music?

Deoxys had an awesome theme, that's why I asked.

Xela
May 28th, 2008, 08:16 AM
I tryed the Beta %, its amazing, fantastic good hacked game, i know you won't give up xD
if you did then everyone would be sad xD

Good Luck on the furthur events =D

choatix
May 28th, 2008, 08:39 AM
More glitches...
If you talk to the trainers on the ship, you can battle them agian, even staright after! I'm gathering this is not supposed to happen, right?
And, I think it's the Safari Warden that has spelt a word wrong. (can't quite remember).
What remixes are going to be in B6? There's the Cherrygrove, Tin Tower, Dark Cave, Goldenrod and the Carlos Battle Themes (both the Cyrus BM and the one when you battle at the E4... (what is that music???).
I hope you replace the rusty bicycle and surf tunes! They sound SO much better in GSC than in FR, remixed or not! XD
Can we get Milotic in the next beta? I WANT ONE!
And, I lost my Jirachi! I think it turned into a Bad EGG because there were a few in my box... Luckily I could trade one over from a previous save. I've never cheated, so what is causing it... you probably don't know... (I went to the trick house after putting it in the PC if this helps...)
And is that tower in Vermillion going to open up in B6?

AND... in your glitch report or what not you said "my starter won't evolve!) as a problem... I KNOW WHY THAT HAPPENS! Your starter will not evolve before getting the Pokedex... that is why because in FR, pokemon that evolve into non-kanto pokemon will not wevolve until you have the national dex. So thats that answered. Unless there is another reason...

XD001234
May 28th, 2008, 08:47 AM
More glitches...
If you talk to the trainers on the ship, you can battle them agian, even staright after! I'm gathering this is not supposed to happen, right?
And, I think it's the Safari Warden that has spelt a word wrong. (can't quite remember).
What remixes are going to be in B6? There's the Cherrygrove, Tin Tower, Dark Cave, Goldenrod and the Carlos Battle Themes (both the Cyrus BM and the one when you battle at the E4... (what is that music???).
I hope you replace the rusty bicycle and surf tunes! They sound SO much better in GSC than in FR, remixed or not! XD
Can we get Milotic in the next beta? I WANT ONE!
And, I lost my Jirachi! I think it turned into a Bad EGG because there were a few in my box... Luckily I could trade one over from a previous save. I've never cheated, so what is causing it... you probably don't know...
And is that tower in Vermillion going to open up in B6?

you forgot victory road and sprout tower AND the lighthouse, you can hear the surf theme in youtube videos clonex made(under a different youtube username) Search minutes of melodies

choatix
May 28th, 2008, 08:53 AM
you forgot victory road and sprout tower AND the lighthouse, you can hear the surf theme in youtube videos clonex made(under a different youtube username) Search minutes of melodies

Is Victory Road a remix? I'm always in battle i've never heard it porbbaly. But yes, I forgot Sprout Tower asnd the KLighthouse. And yes, I do know the "minutes of medlodies" but I didn't know if it would be implemented into SG. Thats why I asked.

XD001234
May 28th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Is Victory Road a remix? I'm always in battle i've never heard it porbbaly. But yes, I forgot Sprout Tower asnd the KLighthouse. And yes, I do know the "minutes of medlodies" but I didn't know if it would be implemented into SG. Thats why I asked. oh ok but they were all in a shiny gold rom ive talked to clonex and most likely there all in but zel has the final say

shinygoldash
May 28th, 2008, 08:55 AM
I just watched some new videos by clonex which were very good. I think one remix will be not near the qualities of the others.

XD001234
May 28th, 2008, 08:57 AM
I just watched some new videos by clonex which were very good. I think one remix will be not near the qualities of the others.

that wouldn't have to be the one theme from the second gen but not in gold would it

shinygoldash
May 28th, 2008, 09:15 AM
I meant in sg, like the kanto battles or something.

JJK
May 28th, 2008, 09:37 AM
This is the second time in a row a previous post of mine literally falls to the previous page... weird

and DONT talk about Jirachi

Mitchman
May 28th, 2008, 09:46 AM
jirachi jirachi jirachi! No lol kiddin um guess what zel....this hack is great but not greatlike omgz its uber and teh best great. Just dont let posts like that swell up your head with pride and youlll be fine. Also good luck with whatever your cooking for us and happy hacking!

rctgamer3
May 28th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Am i missing something?
Since when can you get Jirachi(and how), the only thing i notice is the wishing shrine thingy...

Mitchman
May 28th, 2008, 10:13 AM
We cant say sorry. Or if you want search.Well i asked and I wasnt told so mabye it changed.

Virtual Chatot
May 28th, 2008, 10:36 AM
We cant say sorry. Or if you want search.Well i asked and I wasnt told so mabye it changed.

Zel doesn't want to make it common knowledge of how to find Jirachi. His attempts to keep the way to get it a secret have worked so far.

Mitchman
May 28th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Υep and dont believe the youtube vids.

yoni159
May 28th, 2008, 10:55 AM
well a bit clearing:

Jirachi:Zel asked to not talk about Jirachi because he thinks people should find it by themselves.
DP pokes:don't ask about DP pokes since they won't be. zel doesn't want to mess up with them.
the other legendaries that don't belong to jhoto:will be added in the next beta(6) or later.
the jhoto starter that you didn't pick:will have a mini-game in the next beta(6) or later.
unown: will be in beta 6 in all forms.

Quilava's Master
May 28th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Zel im liking this keep up thew work..by the way is it ok if i made a small refrence to your hack in mine (click my banner)..its small and in a positive way:)

Dr Gregory House
May 28th, 2008, 10:51 PM
I just found a really weird oddity that's music related.

I'm playing the shinyX version over again. I go to Violet city, go battle Carlos and lose. then i go to the sprout tower, to do a bit of training before i battle him again, and all the sage/old men had Carlos' battle music. that's not right, is it?
I went back to my save before i battled him, went straight to sprout tower and it was normal.
Just thought it was worth mentioning.

and on the note of the whole jirachi thing, i have played the game 3 times over and haven't got it yet. but i don't care, because there's already enough stuff in this game to keep me busy OTHER than jirachi.
and is ghastly supposed to be found in sprout tower? just cus im a n00b.

keep it up ^_^

Magnius
May 28th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Did two new remixes for this...

Bug Catching Contest (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omX7DzaPmLg)

Ilex Forest (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItfR5YP0ijU)

Dr Gregory House
May 28th, 2008, 11:05 PM

wow. those remixes are somewhat...entrancing.
almost as if it were back in the old days when pokemon gold and silver were new.
GREAT WORK!

hi sir tomato my password is syvniti
May 29th, 2008, 01:58 AM

Bug Catching, Is kind of okay... But not really special...

But then comes Ilex forest... That I don't really like, really the intire 1/3 part is total mess, And you use some anoying "Snare (I think is the english work)" which just keep going, but not real;y "Helps" The rest... Then i know that there were the different lead to the melodi, but you are just kind of messing it up.. It's kind of hard to focus at... Sorry, but ii would be disapointed if it were insetted.. )-:

Sarcastic Prince
May 29th, 2008, 03:01 AM
Bug Catching, Is kind of okay... But not really special...

But then comes Ilex forest... That I don't really like, really the intire 1/3 part is total mess, And you use some anoying "Snare (I think is the english work)" which just keep going, but not real;y "Helps" The rest... Then i know that there were the different lead to the melodi, but you are just kind of messing it up.. It's kind of hard to focus at... Sorry, but ii would be disapointed if it were insetted.. )-:

I'm the opposite of your comment, Son Sebbe. All the remixes are good, just keep it up!!

Mitchman
May 29th, 2008, 04:37 AM
Οh great. I use no$gba to play fire rom hacks cause on vba stupid things work slower then molasses and on no$gba the only hack that doesnt work is you guessed it shiny gold. I hope you overcome that cause then a lot of people with slow computers wont enjoy this.

Magnius
May 29th, 2008, 06:48 AM
I'm the opposite of your comment, Son Sebbe. All the remixes are good, just keep it up!!
Thanks. You can't please everybody unfortunately.

Glaceon_
May 29th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Recently started playing this, and I've got to say, I'm really liking it; even the loss of the PokeGear is barely noticeable, so its all good.

The smallest thing you'll ever notice following:
Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, or if you're aware of it, Zel, but there's a minor problem with the Bellsprout Tower first floor stairs; (when you first enter the tower) I walked into them from the top of the screen
and the character walked straight over the steps, and onto the tile below. However, it still took you to the next floor, so there's no real problem with it. (if needs to be known, it was while using your B5 version of it; not the SGX one)

Again, sorry if this has been said before, but I thought I'd let you know, since its such a small piece of the game, and likely overlooked. If need be, I can see if it does it again, and try getting a 'cap of it. 'Course, considering if you know about it already, or not.. ^^;

If known, then please ignore that part of my post.

JJK
May 29th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Recently started playing this, and I've got to say, I'm really liking it; even the loss of the PokeGear is barely noticeable, so its all good.

The smallest thing you'll ever notice following:
Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, or if you're aware of it, Zel, but there's a minor problem with the Bellsprout Tower first floor stairs; (when you first enter the tower) I walked into them from the top of the screen
and the character walked straight over the steps, and onto the tile below. However, it still took you to the next floor, so there's no real problem with it. (if needs to be known, it was while using your B5 version of it; not the SGX one)

Again, sorry if this has been said before, but I thought I'd let you know, since its such a small piece of the game, and likely overlooked. If need be, I can see if it does it again, and try getting a 'cap of it. 'Course, considering if you know about it already, or not.. ^^;

If known, then please ignore that part of my post.
I think that's due to the stairs in the tower being warps, im not really into it
And it does happen in SGX, wich is waht i play

I've also spotted some other similar thigs to that, like being able to exit the goldenrod mall elevator (and some other spots, if forgot wich ones, ill post if i remember or find again) by walking horizontally on the doorway mat, etc.

Glaceon_
May 29th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Ahh, I see. I'll guess the names being something like "2 TRAINER /1" also happens in X5, as well? Its rather uncommon, but the first trainer (the one battling with a Spearow against a guy with a Pidgey on the left-most path, when you go to Mr. Pokemon's house) and a few others have it happen to them. Misplaced exclamation marks on other trainers, too, but they're just tiny details that aren't actually affecting the game. Though I'm sure people have pointed that out to Zel, already. It doesn't degrade the fact that even as BETA, this is the best ROM hack I've come across. I got the biggest nostalgic feeling, when I saw videos of it, on youTube.

sirboulevard
May 29th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Ahh, I see. I'll guess the names being something like "2 TRAINER /1" also happens in X5, as well? Its rather uncommon, but the first trainer (the one battling with a Spearow against a guy with a Pidgey on the left-most path, when you go to Mr. Pokemon's house) and a few others have it happen to them. Misplaced exclamation marks on other trainers, too, but they're just tiny details that aren't actually affecting the game. Though I'm sure people have pointed that out to Zel, already. It doesn't degrade the fact that even as BETA, this is the best ROM hack I've come across. I got the biggest nostalgic feeling, when I saw videos of it, on youTube.

I believe that was done so that Zel can tell which trainers are the Phone # trainers. I believe itll be fixed by the final release or a later Beta. Just ignore it for now.

Dr Gregory House
May 29th, 2008, 01:48 PM
yes. could be that...or the fact that thinking up/remembering names for in excess of 200 trainers is a hard thing to do!
keep it up zel

Glaceon_
May 29th, 2008, 02:10 PM
I believe that was done so that Zel can tell which trainers are the Phone # trainers. I believe itll be fixed by the final release or a later Beta. Just ignore it for now.

Probably a wise thing to do. With loads of trainers, it wouldn't be hard to forget which were for the Phone Calls and stuff. XD

yes. could be that...or the fact that thinking up/remembering names for in excess of 200 trainers is a hard thing to do!
keep it up zel

Actually, past and present Pokemon games pretty much cover in excess of 300 names, so finding them wouldn't be too much trouble, but granted, recalling them wouldn't be a good idea, since, for example, I only remember a few trainers from games because they have names of people I know or they use names I've used online. XD

Though I'm not complaining; I was just mentioning it, since I wasn't sure about it. Zel's ROM is awesome; even for a BETA. Its a very enjoyable and nostalgic experience, going through Gold again, but with 3rd Generation styles. I'd guess that if and when remakes for Gold and Silver come out, I'll likely still play Zel's Version, because like Peppita said in Star Ocean, its a "fleeting vision of the future!" or something like that. A concept on top of the possible eventual remakes.

On top of that, some of the additions I've noted look pretty cool, and I'm looking forward to getting to the point where I can start picking up on those Legendaries. XD

Sacred Dragon
May 29th, 2008, 02:56 PM
This hack is so awesome :D!! Good job!

zel 2.0
May 29th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Ahhhh... Finished selecting posts, now it's time to reply. Ganbate, zel!
Ganbate = Go for it! -_-

Yes I knowone, how about the one that says: "Saving, don'turn off the power... " It closes automaticly!

I dont know if I'm able to see that part on that script, since it's something that's always active. Probably it is possible, since there's messages around, but I'm not sure...
Any other that's not so critical?

Have I giving any thought to that? Nope, But I dont think we could be able to do anything too different to what's present, so that's why it's not even in my list (it could be possible that I decide to leave it as it is, in the end, this IS a hack...)

I made a Pokemon Shiny Gold website at shinygold.us.to . It will have betas 1 & 2 soon as I notified Zel and told him that I need them.

Of course there are Betas 1 and 2. Although I dont know why you'd need it :P

I do have them, but since I'm not on Windows since a long time, it'd be better if some "hack collector" (?) would contact Friendsxix.

I think we should open a SG thread saying about problems like the damn save thing!
That would wipe out 20 posts a month. :)

I'll consult Hiroshi about that (maybe a thread in the Scrapbox), but...
...we all know there'll still appear some of those messages here, and then we'll get unnecesary "just post that in the scrapbox thread", at least for a while :\

Ah, is anyone who had played the B1 around here? Isnt it funny how, after almost two years, there's still one of those tiles with the arrow?
I'm sure old people remember about there being a lot of those arrows on Dark Cave.

Just a minor tile fixing :P

Just thought of something here though. You pay between 500-200, and yet you can get stuff such as full restore worth 3000? that means someone can get a full restore from there without paying the extra 1000 but spending some extra time. I like it tho!
keep up the great work!

Yeah the time to waste is the key here. Depending on how lucky you get you may get a bunch of items with few bucks, but on the other hand, you may waste your fortune on the minigame...

@zel: speaking of cheating. I actually did the same thing moh27 did (on seperate copy, and just out of curiosity about the missing parts of kanto) and the Seafoam Islands register as Maiden's Peak (an anime exclusive area); is that going to be part of the game or is that something in the FireRed coding from when nintendo created the area?

The anime area is merely a coincidence (that sounded like some movies' phrase), because I was just thinking about pretty names in spanish, and then translated it to english. Anyway, it's not related to anime events, but, there'll be a very critical event for someone there.

Hi bro!!! not long ago that none of you. therefore good. beta 5 is so brilliant, and I played and the truth is very good. Well, good, I find you in the Messenger, now i returned to the hacks. =D adios hermano te cuidas mucho ... xD

Jojo, look who's here! >.<
Just PM me here, it's more probably to find me here than on MSN.

Why does Spinda appear in the Whirl Islands?

Because its eyes look whirly-like, dont they? :laugh:

Holy flamin' damn! This has come a long way since I last visited PC. (Whoah, that was like a year ago?) I'm impressed. The tileset's awesome; you did a nice job on the Johto map; the phone booth is pure genious. I'm most impressed with the music. Did you figure out how to loop it, then? Well hey, awesome work, Zel! Keep it up!

(And try to fix the Union Cave Pokémon Center... :S)

The looping was figured out by clonex (at least, he's the first I think), and now he and Magnius (havent heard from birthofdna in a long time) are giving me a hand with the music part.

About the PC at Union Cave... -_-

My idea is to keep it as a remake and at the same time not being "so" remake, just enough "remake" to satisfy as much people as possible. Maybe that's the key here? Who knows? :P

I'm just grateful for having so many people's help. That's also key, of course ;D

What will be done with the Viridian Battle House? A good idea would be to put there famous trainers absent from the game (Gabby and Ty, Archie, Maxie, Geovanni, Hoenn Gym Leaders, etc.), welll, if that isnt the objective of the Vermilion tower...

That Battle Tower's purpose is to offer two or three different battle modes. But since it's just an idea and nothing implemented I cannot really say anything else about it.

One small question Zel,

Will the 3rd generation legendaries get their R/S/E music?
Or will it just be the random pokemon music?

Deoxys had an awesome theme, that's why I asked.

It HAD, before it was replaced by Carlos' music. You win some, you lose some. So, RSE legendaries' music will depend on if there's slots that we could use. The GSC music has the priority.

Ahhhhh... Done!
Now I can go to sleep, I'll be a bit more around this weekend.

Lufia_Maxim
May 29th, 2008, 07:42 PM
I just want to let you know, zel, that it is possible to change the intro movie. I can't remember which hack it was, but I'm100% sure I've played a hack where the intro movie was edited.

Keep up the great work. I've been playing this since B1 (no, I don't remember any arrows like that, it's been too long) and actually stayed away from this site, because I was killing myself waiting for the next beta. I came back to find that you were already on Beta 5, which was awesome. Now I've played all the way through that and can't wait for the next Beta. Maybe I should ignore this until you're done? Who knows. Keep it up, you rock.

Virtual Chatot
May 29th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Please, I beg of you, Do not approve of any website made on Freewebs -_-

There are number of people who would gladly make a ShinyGold Website from scratch.

Ry_mann88
May 29th, 2008, 11:46 PM
Hey, I've been coming to this site for awhile but I just registered so I could download Beta 5. Is it still working for people right after they download it because I went to patch the ROM and for some reason, all I get is a white screen. I tried both methods of patching described in the other thread (using ipsXP) and it still won't work. Any suggestions? Thanks and sorry guys. I'm pretty new to trying out hacks, but I couldn't pass this up.

Thanks again for any help.

clonex25
May 30th, 2008, 02:08 AM
Good day to all.

@zel: have you placed a link to my newest uploads? if not, let me do it.

to all PC users: please leave a comment in youtube... enjoy

Legendary Beasts Theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQxnY8NI3Uo

Ho-oh, Lugia and Celebi Theme (i wish...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWOnleg_GcM

Dr Gregory House
May 30th, 2008, 04:06 AM
Hey, I've been coming to this site for awhile but I just registered so I could download Beta 5. Is it still working for people right after they download it because I went to patch the ROM and for some reason, all I get is a white screen. I tried both methods of patching described in the other thread (using ipsXP) and it still won't work. Any suggestions? Thanks and sorry guys. I'm pretty new to trying out hacks, but I couldn't pass this up.

Thanks again for any help.

hey there, your best bet is to go to the scrapbox and go the shiny gold help thread. i've never had any problems, have you tried lunarIPS? that's a better patching utility.
also, what firered rom are you using? because sometimes depending on the location of the rom ([E] [U] [J]) depends on whether the patch will work or not.

nice music clonex!
keep it up!

can't wait for another update zel! (no pressure intended)

SuperLink
May 30th, 2008, 07:13 AM
Hey, I've been following this for a little while now, but I only just decided to join (I've been browsing over the manga forums a bit too) and plan to download the latest beta when I finish my college year in a few weeks. I've gotta say the more I see the more impressed I am, and I love the music remixes you've done, so keep up the good work.

Also on the topic of the game's music, I found this a little while ago and wondered if it would be easier, harder or similar to implement.
ww w.youtube.co m/watc h?v=yxDQmBZQ-ak
(without spacing)
It looks like you've already got this theme covered, and this one was *supposedly* from R&S (by hacking it) anyway. I don't know much about hacking so I don't know if it would be already in FR&LG somewhere. Just wanted to bring it to attention incase it hadn't been before and wondered if it may help XD

I'm amazed you managed to make a digging mini game. Will there be any other D/P/P elements in Shiny Gold eventually? Can't wait to see more ^^

el lloydie
May 30th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Will we be able to rebattle all of the Gym Leaders at some point? Or is it restricted to just the one? It would be cool if we could battle them again with improved teams.

H.Lecter
May 30th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Is there a beta where i can play the Kanto Region too?

lacrette
May 30th, 2008, 08:04 AM

yes. its called beta 5. also zel will there be a possiblty of catching zaptos or moltres.

Virtual Chatot
May 30th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Its the most recent beta my friend

Dark_Knight@@Cecil
May 30th, 2008, 08:47 AM
I just watched the videos of remixed music...The music ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ry_mann88
May 30th, 2008, 11:00 AM
hey there, your best bet is to go to the scrapbox and go the shiny gold help thread. i've never had any problems, have you tried lunarIPS? that's a better patching utility.
also, what firered rom are you using? because sometimes depending on the location of the rom ([E] [u] [J]) depends on whether the patch will work or not.

nice music clonex!
keep it up!

can't wait for another update zel! (no pressure intended)

It's a Fire Red ROM with the title;

1695 - Pokemon - Fire Red Version (E).gba

shadoweevee
May 30th, 2008, 11:36 AM
It's a Fire Red ROM with the title;

1695 - Pokemon - Fire Red Version (E).gba

look for a firered rom for the United states (U) it's not meant for europe or japan

Ry_mann88
May 30th, 2008, 11:39 AM
I found one and it worked, thanks guys. You can tell I'm new at this. I'm playing it now, looks amazing Zel, Can't wait for the finished master piece.

But I do have a question.

Okay, so I read that you said we can explore the Center and East Kanto map, can we still go to all of the cities or will it crash if we try to go there? Or can we still go there, but there arn't any scripted events?

Thanks guys.

Virtual Chatot
May 30th, 2008, 11:51 AM
I found one and it worked, thanks guys. You can tell I'm new at this. I'm playing it now, looks amazing Zel, Can't wait for the finished master piece.

But I do have a question.

Okay, so I read that you said we can explore the Center and East Kanto map, can we still go to all of the cities or will it crash if we try to go there? Or can we still go there, but there arn't any scripted events?

Thanks guys.
You'll be blocked when you try to go there.

Cammy25
May 30th, 2008, 11:52 AM
I think its a great hack! Playing it right now but maybe if its possible you know at the Ruins of Alpha, the panels. Maybe you could allow the players to do it ourselves?

Virtual Chatot
May 30th, 2008, 11:52 AM
I think its a great hack! Playing it right now but maybe if its possible you know at the Ruins of Alpha, the panels. Maybe you could allow the players to do it ourselves?
It's more or less impossible to do that in Firered -_-

Cammy25
May 30th, 2008, 12:00 PM
It's more or less impossible to do that in Firered -_-

Ah Damn :(

I was looking forward to being able to do that if it was possible, its fun :P

GymLeaderLance99
May 30th, 2008, 05:57 PM
For a guy who really liked G/S/C, and whose favorite was Crystal, this game is really looking awesome! And judging from the BGM remixes on YouTube, the music is really good. I'll play the beta when I get the chance, but for now, keep it up!

zel 2.0
May 30th, 2008, 05:58 PM
I just want to let you know, zel, that it is possible to change the intro movie. I can't remember which hack it was, but I'm100% sure I've played a hack where the intro movie was edited.

Probably you may be talking about Baro's Marble, or maybe Chaos Black? Usually they change the background and the Pokemon in the fight, but other than that, the idea about the intro is still the same, two pokes battling and then the titlescreen. That's what I'm refering to not being able to change that, and since I doubt anything different could be done, it's just not in my list of priorities.

Good day to all.

@zel: have you placed a link to my newest uploads? if not, let me do it.

to all PC users: please leave a comment in youtube... enjoy

Legendary Beasts Theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQxnY8NI3Uo

Ho-oh, Lugia and Celebi Theme (i wish...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWOnleg_GcM

I think I better leave a link to your profile at the tube, it'll be faster, I'll remember doing that tomorrow.

I'm amazed you managed to make a digging mini game. Will there be any other D/P/P elements in Shiny Gold eventually? Can't wait to see more ^^

I'll check the tube's video tomorrow and then double check about the first part of your post.

About the question: I dont know, I just implement side-stuff on the moment. I needed a digging game, and making it DP-esque sounded like a challenge, so I went for something like that. If I see anything else that sounds like a challenge (but I feel like it could be done without too much problems), I may try to do something more.

Will we be able to rebattle all of the Gym Leaders at some point? Or is it restricted to just the one? It would be cool if we could battle them again with improved teams.

That depends on the ammount of trainer slots we'll have available by the time the game is on the last phases. It'd be cool, I agree.

My first idea involving overworlds failed ('cause I couldnt use as many as I wanted), so now, the next idea is to use tiles, and setmaptile commands, which surely does sound a bit too "heavy" to implement. I better dedicate to the mini-games first.

---

So, weekend comes. Let's hope I can make some free time for hacking.

~Avversione~
May 30th, 2008, 07:05 PM
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/8868/shinygoldxb5byzelsn5.png

Fancy screen you have there xD. If you need to know; this is Beta 5 X. In fact, it's like that on the sides of the place where the password is HAIL GIOVANNI too...

Mitchman
May 31st, 2008, 03:26 AM
Well I was looking around here and saw that hetran said the puzzles in ruins of alph were impossible. Technically it can be done but extremely hard. That would mean if done you need bout another 32 ows, the minng script ripped apart and reworked for it with some tough scripts like lets click a to slect piece move piece click a to deselect repeat over till complete (well that doesnt sound tough but it is) and some other stuff. So its doable but not impossible.

stbplayer1P
May 31st, 2008, 03:46 AM
zel I Know that you dont want people to ask you how to get Jirachi, but I found this vid on You tube and was wonderning is this how you do it. or is this just someone hacking it?
youtube.com/watch?v=XSG7-uXnXqs&feature=related

noah73x
May 31st, 2008, 04:40 AM
zel I Know that you dont want people to ask you how to get Jirachi, but I found this vid on You tube and was wonderning is this how you do it. or is this just someone hacking it?
youtube.com/watch?v=XSG7-uXnXqs&feature=related

i tryed it and it doesn't work :D
it's no fun to solve the missions with help :P
so next time send him the link in private message please.

[censored] didn't saw the "have to have 200 pokemons"... so it might work.. but i hope it won't... :'(

btw, is there a release date for the next version? :embarrass

master morty
May 31st, 2008, 11:55 AM
I really like how you recolored and redid the g/s sprites ( especially the g/s lass redone with a firered picnicer base).

Whatthehell
May 31st, 2008, 12:41 PM
NICE HACK MAN :) KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

Wth~

armii8877
May 31st, 2008, 01:20 PM
Wow! I see ppl with SHiny Gold Banners in their sigs and nowI know why this is a wonderfull hack!
'love it!

SuperLink
May 31st, 2008, 01:43 PM
Just a question zel, (havn't seen it answered on the first post) is there any specific reason you decided to remake Gold rather than Crystal? I always saw the 3rd games as sort of the "Complete" games (e.g. a game like Kingdom Hearts Final Mix) so I thought it would have been a better "template" to use as a Generation II remake.

Veng3anc3
May 31st, 2008, 02:09 PM
Wow. I love the looks of the digging mini-game, simple but original. Keep up the steady work :P

Friendsxix
May 31st, 2008, 06:55 PM
Yay my website has Beta V1 now! Visit it here! (http://pokeshinygold.webs.com/)
Hope everyone enjoys!

o.necromancer.o
May 31st, 2008, 07:06 PM
This might be a stupid question and Im sorry if it is but I was just wandering could anybody tell me where to get a world map in shiny gold or is it even possible?

noah73x
May 31st, 2008, 10:15 PM
This might be a stupid question and Im sorry if it is but I was just wandering could anybody tell me where to get a world map in shiny gold or is it even possible?

same as gold/silver/crystal... at the 2nd town's enterance you'll see an old man, he'll give you a tour in his tour and will give you the map afterwords.

o.necromancer.o
May 31st, 2008, 11:37 PM
Thanks appreciate the help.

Hey Zel if you read this I was just wandering about something. I was playing Shiny Gold and flew to New Bark Town and cut down the tree next to the players house and went into the empty space behind it to the far left of the roof of the players house and pressed A and this wierd message came up where pikachu asks you a question. Anyway I was just wandering what the purpose of this was.

just1n
May 31st, 2008, 11:41 PM
Hey Zel if you read this I was just wandering about something. I was playing Shiny Gold and flew to New Bark Town and cut down the tree next to the players house and went into the empty space behind it to the far left of the roof of the players house and pressed A and this wierd message came up where pikachu asks you a question. Anyway I was just wandering what the purpose of this was.
He asks if you want him, if you press 'yes' you've got a lvl. 10 pikachu

o.necromancer.o
May 31st, 2008, 11:44 PM
Do you have to have a empty slot in your party? And thanks for the reply.

[.εternity]
June 1st, 2008, 01:51 AM
Yes,you have to have an empty place in your party.And,if you have anymore questions,ask them in the SG help thread in the Scrapbox.:)

peteb
June 1st, 2008, 01:55 AM
This hack shows what can be achieved with effort and a clear mind!

Great hack!

Ninja Caterpie
June 1st, 2008, 02:21 AM
Wheooot...
Uh...Zel...If anyone has told you...sorry...but...
Well, when you get stuff off Amelia in Pryce's town, there aren't any flags and you can keep getting and getting...
That was when I was playing Shiny X.

LordKill94
June 1st, 2008, 04:28 AM
well i patched my fire red rom and started to play
i began to love this game, but evry time i wanted to press start my rom crashes .....
pls is there someone who has got an answer???

shinygoldash
June 1st, 2008, 04:32 AM
We get this everyday. There is a Applying patches thread nearby.

Laptop thing would be bad because what if it got lost/stolen?

Beta 6 starting again, hat is what it is.

Friendsxix
June 1st, 2008, 06:04 AM
well i patched my fire red rom and started to play
i began to love this game, but evry time i wanted to press start my rom crashes .....
pls is there someone who has got an answer???
Well I noticed when I used No$GBA it always crashed. So if it's not VBA it might crash.

JJK
June 1st, 2008, 06:04 AM
Well i've been using the walk-anywhere cheat in a 2nd save file just for fun, and as i see it Pewter, Viridian and Cinnabar only lack tile fixes and inserting special events, only Mt. Moon and Pallet are completly absent, even the viridian forest trainers are there with lv.70 Beedrills (lol) alredy, but when i walked in the Viridian Gym, the 1st trainer was... Sabrina. Haven't gone back there yet.

But the most notable change is the Viridian Old Man, who has gotten A LOT more wiser in the 3 years since FireRed. That would be natural, but not at this level...

http://i25.tinypic.com/6r595i.png

Just one more question: zel are those PEOPLE inside the Dragon's Den and the Cerulean Cave Rocks ? Well thought :D

Friendsxix
June 1st, 2008, 06:11 AM
only Mt. Moon and Pallet are completly absent
Mt.Moon is really in there but the warp is not on the door.

JJK
June 1st, 2008, 06:16 AM
Mt.Moon is really in there but the warp is not on the door.
Where is it just so i can take a look?

NasonJewsted
June 1st, 2008, 06:36 AM
Hey guys...

I just got a simple question. How can you get into this rocket hq ~Avversione~ posted a picture of`?

thx in advance

Jedimaster
June 1st, 2008, 07:34 AM
In shiny gold do you have to catch 30 of any pokemon or 30 hoenn pokemon to get deoxys?

shinygoldash
June 1st, 2008, 07:42 AM
Deoxys isn't available in B5. If you saw it on youtube, it was SG being hacked.

spaceboy827
June 1st, 2008, 10:34 AM
who hacks a hack anyways for a minute of youtube fame >:~{. losers

shinygoldash
June 1st, 2008, 12:59 PM
People who want their hack to be known or the hack is very good and people want to put videos up.

Glaceon_
June 1st, 2008, 01:11 PM
Still doesn't really answer why someone would hack a hack just to get a Pokemon that will eventually be catchable in the later versions of it, anyway. But I guess people have their reasons; however trivial they may possibly be. *shrugs*

shinygoldash
June 1st, 2008, 01:19 PM
People enjoy hacking (some) and others don't. It gets boring when u map which is why people tend to use higher lvl scripts so they can get very good hacks.

JJK
June 1st, 2008, 01:52 PM
It's understandable ppl want their 15 (or 10 at most in youtube :D ) minutes of fame hacking other ppl hacks, and if they add new cool features thats great, but usually they just hack to make look like they got all legendaries legit...
As they know how to hack, it would be great (in betas) if they just contacted the authors to help them, instead of taking credits, but its just human nature.
Unfortunatly, otherwise its just wasted talent...

Ry_mann88
June 1st, 2008, 02:48 PM
Just a question, but since I've downloaded B5, and I'm almost done with it, if I download B6, will I have to start over? Or does it update the ROM information while keeping the save the same? Sorry if my questions isn't clear.

spaceboy827
June 1st, 2008, 03:06 PM
well there is a way to keep ur save file, use the same fire red rom u use and re-patch beta 6 to the rom and it will work. ive had this problem of what to do for betas 3,4,5 and coming up 6 with what to do with my file too. but ive decided to just start the game over so you can see the changes and stuf that u couldnt have seen in an earlier beta. but its ur call so w/e
oh and i still think its useless to hack a hack. its mean to the creator and basically a lie to the public

o.necromancer.o
June 1st, 2008, 03:19 PM
Can someone please help me. First just let me say that I suck so unbelievably bad at puzzles. Okay so I'm stuck in the Celedon City Undergroung trying to figure out the Team Rocket puzzle but I can't and its driving me crazy. So if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

masterofchaos
June 1st, 2008, 06:04 PM
That will happen, but save state. Hold shft and press F1- F12, when you are ready to play again, click on the F you put it on. This works for Virtual Boy Advance.
hey dude i have the problem excange game data or watever it is plz give me a really detailed way to save it my email is [email protected]

Lufia_Maxim
June 1st, 2008, 07:42 PM
Okay so I'm stuck in the Celedon City Undergroung trying to figure out the Team Rocket puzzle but I can't and its driving me crazy

I would help you, but I honestly can't remember anything underground in Celadon. Refresh my memory, please.

o.necromancer.o
June 1st, 2008, 07:47 PM
I already figured it out but thanks for offering.

Archeopterix
June 1st, 2008, 08:30 PM
Today, when I tried to upload my save file (I had saved just after beating the second Gym Leader and my Rival in Azalea Town), it said it was deleted. Anyone know what might have caused this?

o.necromancer.o
June 1st, 2008, 08:36 PM
You propably used the save option from the start menu in the game. If you did don't. Go to the top of your emulator and drop down the file menu and click save to save the game at its current state as a .SGM.

Archeopterix
June 1st, 2008, 08:49 PM
You propably used the save option from the start menu in the game. If you did don't. Go to the top of your emulator and drop down the file menu and click save to save the game at its current state as a .SGM.

Cool, thanks. You know where I could get an Exeggcute?

o.necromancer.o
June 1st, 2008, 08:54 PM
Use headbutt on trees to get an eggexcute.

Archeopterix
June 1st, 2008, 08:57 PM
Use headbutt on trees to get an eggexcute.

I have tried, but the trees remain resolute and refuse to relinquish their pokemon to me. :(

I suppose I could always pick up the Treecko by the National Park... but Exeggutor is so much cooler than Sceptile.

o.necromancer.o
June 1st, 2008, 09:05 PM
After you headbutt the tree walk a tile away then headbutt it again. It doesn't take that long to find one. I see them all the time. Also I forgot to add if you don't mind that its not legit then just use gameshark codes.

Archeopterix
June 1st, 2008, 09:21 PM
After you headbutt the tree walk a tile away then headbutt it again. It doesn't take that long to find one. I see them all the time. Also I forgot to add if you don't mind that its not legit then just use gameshark codes.

Well, it wasn't as bad as when I tried to get a Heracross in my Crystal version. That took hours. Thanks again.

Dukey
June 2nd, 2008, 12:15 AM
yay I finished beta5

can't wait for beta6 as i think i already said

oh and since someone had a problem with the underground bit, here's the answer (I know he figured it out but just incase other people need help)
middle, right, left

noah73x
June 2nd, 2008, 12:49 AM
Can someone please help me. First just let me say that I suck so unbelievably bad at puzzles. Okay so I'm stuck in the Celedon City Undergroung trying to figure out the Team Rocket puzzle but I can't and its driving me crazy. So if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

lol i see you love to ask questions... here is some help...
http://www.freewebs.com/aquilae/shinygoldwalkthrough.htm
it's a walkthrough... and you can find around 5 more in the 1st page of this threat...
but all the walkthroughs go only until the end of beta 4.
so if you want you can find at youtube the walkthrough of beta 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUrpvGFJoLM
or if you still have questions and have msn/icq, you can send me private message, add me, and ask me anything for fast answers.
:rambo: (I love this smily badly)

The-Fox
June 2nd, 2008, 12:55 AM
Can someone send me a saved file of there shiny gold in pm please, i want one with typhlosion in it. I cannot be bothered to do it myself?

noah73x
June 2nd, 2008, 02:05 AM
Zel, i got a question... will you edit the Pokedex so we'll be able to see where we can caugh each pokemon? or will the pokedex will be left alone?

Teh Baro
June 2nd, 2008, 02:10 AM
Zel, i got a question... will you edit the Pokedex so we'll be able to see where we can caugh each pokemon? or will the pokedex will be left alone?
I'm curious about if this can be done.

Krashman
June 2nd, 2008, 02:36 AM
What do you have to do to evolve a Poliwhirl into a Politoed?

I need a definitive answer please.

Not a probable one. :(

choatix
June 2nd, 2008, 03:28 AM
What do you have to do to evolve a Poliwhirl into a Politoed?

I need a definitive answer please.

Not a probable one. :(

Poliwhirl will evolve by a friendly evolution into Politoed. Capture it in a Luxury Ball to x2 happiness points. And, if it's in B5, use the Soothe Bell. Is it in B5? (Luxury Ball = Green Apricorn)

o.necromancer.o
June 2nd, 2008, 04:33 AM
You have to have a king's rock.

v1tje
June 2nd, 2008, 04:41 AM
Is the pokemon center on route 32 none? If you go there and restore your pokemon it wil crash.

shinygoldash
June 2nd, 2008, 05:33 AM
It's a killing PC. Zel will turn them into healing houses.

Krashman
June 2nd, 2008, 06:02 AM
Poliwhirl will evolve by a friendly evolution into Politoed. Capture it in a Luxury Ball to x2 happiness points. And, if it's in B5, use the Soothe Bell. Is it in B5? (Luxury Ball = Green Apricorn)

Thanks a lot mate. It is in B5.

Archeopterix
June 2nd, 2008, 07:57 AM
Would you use similar methods for other trade-evolution pokemon? I was wondering how one would go about getting a pokemon like Gengar on an emulator.

Glaceon_
June 2nd, 2008, 08:10 AM
I thought Item Trade Evolutions would have been more to the tune of reaching a certain level while holding the item they originally evolve with; such as Politoed and Slowking evolving at respective levels, while holding King's Rock, and such. Though how hard that is to do, I'm not entirely sure..

I've made my Slowpoke hold King's Rock, thinking that was the case. XD;

trevor813
June 2nd, 2008, 08:34 AM
hmm interesting thread so far but hey keep up the good work zel even though you have a job and life and etc ;)

o.necromancer.o
June 2nd, 2008, 08:52 AM
I'm almost positive that you can't get a trade evolution pokemon on a rom. Although you could you gameshark codes.

shinygoldash
June 2nd, 2008, 08:56 AM
Evolution Editing. That's the answer.

The only reason zel made those pokemon available without trading was cuz he wanted to put the first 386 pokes in.

o.necromancer.o
June 2nd, 2008, 09:00 AM
Does that mean you could actually get a politoad by friendship evolution?

shadoweagle89
June 2nd, 2008, 09:51 AM
The trade evo's level up in most cases.

http://www.freewebs.com/aquilae/shinygoldwalkthrough.htm

Has everything you need at the bottom of that page.

Edit: Doesn't say anything about Politoed tho. Hah!

noah73x
June 2nd, 2008, 11:12 AM
I'm almost positive that you can't get a trade evolution pokemon on a rom. Although you could you gameshark codes.

yes you can and yes you can! :P
i got a rom, that i can trade pokemons [and evolve like hounter and kadabra] and battle with other emerald, red fire and green leaf [and shiny gold of course].
it allows you to trade with 2 roms opened or with another computer through IP.
if you want it just ask :rambo:

Raiph
June 2nd, 2008, 11:51 AM
You gotta download the LAN version of vba or something and configure the link settings and that'll allow you to trade with another emulator that's opened up or thru IP. Just google it.

Apple Inc.
June 2nd, 2008, 12:26 PM
I'm curious about if this can be done.

I'm sure it is possible, but ASM may be needed. In RSE I was playing around once and It automatically changes the map to highlight where pokemon are findable.

Finnix
June 2nd, 2008, 12:50 PM
Hey ive beatn the elite four and the credits roll and i cant go to kanto

o.necromancer.o
June 2nd, 2008, 01:29 PM
Did you try to surf East from New Bark Town after the credits? If it wouldn't let you do that then the only thing I can think of is the beta ends there.

Raiph
June 2nd, 2008, 01:42 PM
It says in the 1st post beta 5 ends in fuchsia city. Make sure you have the latest beta.

Archeopterix
June 2nd, 2008, 01:53 PM
It says in the 1st post beta 5 ends in fuchsia city. Make sure you have the latest beta.

Not sure which one I have. Is beta 6 out yet, and if so, where would I find it?

Raiph
June 2nd, 2008, 01:59 PM
I Just told you... Beta 6 is being worked on. Go to the first post of this thread and download beta 5.

Archeopterix
June 2nd, 2008, 02:33 PM
I Just told you... Beta 6 is being worked on. Go to the first post of this thread and download beta 5.

Shiny Gold X or just Shiny Gold?

o.necromancer.o
June 2nd, 2008, 02:35 PM
Just downlaod Shiny Gold not X.

Midnight Beat
June 2nd, 2008, 02:57 PM
Shiny Gold X or just Shiny Gold?

Shiny Gold and Shiny Gold X are both the same game. However, in Shiny Gold X, the trainer's levels have been increased to give you an added challenge.

This answer and more can be found on the FAQ on the first page.

Archeopterix
June 2nd, 2008, 03:01 PM
Shiny Gold and Shiny Gold X are both the same game. However, in Shiny Gold X, the trainer's levels have been increased to give you an added challenge.

This answer and more can be found on the FAQ on the first page.

Thanks, pardon my ignorance.

Ry_mann88
June 2nd, 2008, 03:15 PM
So with editing a LAN version of VBA to communicate with other Emulators through IP, could this be done for battling as well? If so, I'll try googling it and feeling it out.

Raiph
June 2nd, 2008, 03:25 PM
Yea it'll have the link button and you can configure it to the proper adjustments it needs 2 work on ur com and then you could either trade with another emulator open or thru someone's ip address while they're playing.

Archeopterix
June 2nd, 2008, 04:28 PM
I know I've asked my share of trivial questions for one day, but does anyone know where I can find a Leaf Stone? Or do I have to go all the way to Bill's house and show his dumb grandpa a pokemon.

Raiph
June 2nd, 2008, 04:29 PM
i remember buying em in the old G/S/C but i dunno if zel put that in in this remake so i dunno i'd look around.

Virtual Chatot
June 2nd, 2008, 05:26 PM
I know I've asked my share of trivial questions for one day, but does anyone know where I can find a Leaf Stone? Or do I have to go all the way to Bill's house and show his dumb grandpa a pokemon.
I'm pretty sure you can find one in a route somewhere, but you'll probably have to go look in one of the guides for Shiny Gold.

Stalin Malone
June 2nd, 2008, 05:59 PM
Last I checked you didn't get to buy the stones in GSC.

Krashman
June 2nd, 2008, 08:54 PM
When you talk to Amelia behind Lavinder (I think that's what it's called, the place in Kanto with the Radio Tower) the game freezes.

Lufia_Maxim
June 2nd, 2008, 08:59 PM
Is it impossible to find them?!

I know there was some event that triggered that let's you get them back. A familiar face from the past meets up with you and helps you get them back. I forget what you had to do to trigger the event, but I do know it's somewhere in Fuchsia, so it can't be too hard to find.

Archeopterix
June 2nd, 2008, 09:08 PM
For some reason, when I'm in a battle in Beta5, it often takes a while for me to select an option. I'll move the directional arrows or press a or b, but it takes a while to respond. That's only in battles though. It's weird, because it doesn't do that on the older beta of Shiny Gold I have.

noah73x
June 2nd, 2008, 09:48 PM
i advise you just to give a leaf stone to a pokemon and transfer it from the red fire to your shiny gold... cause i just checked my saves at Shiny gold Beta 4, Shiny gold X beta 4, Shiny gold beta 5 and Shiny gold X beta 5...
and in none of them i got a leaf stone [but you can get it from bill's grandfather i just tried it]

Aquilae
June 2nd, 2008, 10:05 PM
When is beta six co

Anyways zel, I condensed all the pages of the walkthrough (sans Part XI and XII which I will be redoing in the near future) into one .txt file as I found it more convienient to transfer my drafts over as opposed to using the Freewebs Sitebuilder.

I think my website is listed on Google but somehow there is only one search term used to find it. While searching on Google for my page (yeah I have no life >_> ) I found a Japanese fansite on Shiny Gold with a lot of pretty screenshots and FAQs and stuff like how to register and download the SG patch.

I can only read the Chinese part of Japanese, so you could ask someone else to contact the webmaster to put his/her website on the front page.

Seems like the creator has stopped updating the page (says at the bottom), and wants to preserve this as a relic for when the new beta comes out (babelfish >.>)

Shiny Gold is expanding into the Japanese market >.<

http://www.geocities.jp/pokemonshinygoldzel/index.html

Offtopic: 85 hits woohoo =X

shinygoldash
June 2nd, 2008, 10:15 PM

Japan? The hack's travelling now!
Soon... *Gulps* Nintendo might know about this.

I wonder how you'll fit so many pieces of music in...

Dr Gregory House
June 3rd, 2008, 02:18 AM

Japan? The hack's travelling now!
Soon... *Gulps* Nintendo might know about this.

It's not like they're gonna care really, although it is possible they might decide it is worth manufacturing?
No, that was stupid.
But seriously, they'll have made enough money from platinum that they probably won't care! :classic:
I also think that there should be a massive link to the shiny gold help thread on the front page, as so many people are asking simple questions. agree?

looking forward for somenew updates...if any XD...keep up the good work!

Mitchman
June 3rd, 2008, 03:54 AM
Ohk someone delete post now delete. No jirachi god darn it. We said it 100 times. NO FRIKIN JIRACHI. And if that is the true script thnx for ruinin it you kill-joy. I mean i already caught it but heck come on leave some mystery for the others!What im said is confusing cause im not spoiling anything for the other people. It could or it could nto be the script.

Raiph
June 3rd, 2008, 05:20 AM
Uh yea you can buy it in the old G/S/C in the kanto region i remember quite well doing it.

o.necromancer.o
June 3rd, 2008, 07:39 AM
For some reason, when I'm in a battle in Beta5, it often takes a while for me to select an option. I'll move the directional arrows or press a or b, but it takes a while to respond. That's only in battles though. It's weird, because it doesn't do that on the older beta of Shiny Gold I have.

If your using the visual boy advance emulator go to the option dropdown menu go to framskip and raise the number.

Raiph
June 3rd, 2008, 10:04 AM
Is This how your Room is supposed to look like?

LiquidR
June 3rd, 2008, 10:07 AM
Is This how your Room is supposed to look like?

Nope. Did u used your previous save-game? f that isn't the case, try finding a other rom

Raiph
June 3rd, 2008, 10:14 AM
No i just download beta 5 and a clean U.S Firered rom.

dirk123
June 3rd, 2008, 11:03 AM
Uh yea you can buy it in the old G/S/C in the kanto region i remember quite well doing it.

You could not buy the stones in G/S/C.

In G&S, you could get 1 of every elemental stone by showing a certain pokemon to Bill's grandpa.
In C, you also had a few "re-battle" trainers, who will phone you if they found an item (a few with evo stones).

You could only buy stones in Kanto with R/B/Y in Celedon.

Nisangorou
June 3rd, 2008, 11:09 AM
Looks awesome. But I have a slight...question? Or problem. Not much, but when you start the game it says "The various buttons will be explained in the order of their importance." There's a little red arrow in the corner of the screen. When I press A it takes me to another screen..."Greetings! This is the help system!..." but I'm not sure what to press. x3

Shinigami_God
June 3rd, 2008, 11:23 AM
Hey, new to the forum, but I've been playing the hack for a while now, and it's a lot of fun. Just wondering if anyone knows an early place to find a Moon Stone so I'm not stuck with a Scyther until the waterfall. Thanks.

o.necromancer.o
June 3rd, 2008, 11:24 AM
Looks awesome. But I have a slight...question? Or problem. Not much, but when you start the game it says "The various buttons will be explained in the order of their importance." There's a little red arrow in the corner of the screen. When I press A it takes me to another screen..."Greetings! This is the help system!..." but I'm not sure what to press. x3

This should just be part of the opening so just keep pushing A until Oak pops up.