PDA

View Full Version : FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16

Nisangorou
June 3rd, 2008, 11:26 AM
This should just be part of the opening so just keep pushing A until Oak pops up.

What I mean is, nothing happens. Ahaha. I'll just keep trying.

GoAway0000
June 3rd, 2008, 11:30 AM
What I mean is, nothing happens. Ahaha. I'll just keep trying.

All you have to do is go to your VBA and go to OPtions -> Joypad -> Configure -> 1

then set your buttons to button A as letter A on your keyboard and etcetera. so if you want the buttons to be the letters just change the letter.

(For start i use letter X and for Select letter Z. either that or its flipped) after you fix the joypad dont forget to set it to 128k so you can save.

Happy PLaying!

Nisangorou
June 3rd, 2008, 11:34 AM
Thanks GoAway and Nechro - I've got it now. =3

JJK
June 3rd, 2008, 11:46 AM
Just one question: i havent still understood how the *yamn*slows work
Slowking evolves into slowbro through water stone? at least thats what i get, and its WEIRD, as some might consider slowking better...
And about evo stones, will they also be available through digging?
They're stones afterall...

And SG is coming to japan? BRACE YOURSELF ZEL-SAN NINTENDO WILL SEND A 9-YEAR OLD NINJA INSIDE A FORTNE COOKIE AFTER YOU!!!

GoAway0000
June 3rd, 2008, 11:50 AM
Thanks GoAway and Nechro - I've got it now. =3

its now very easy to play isnt it?

Nisangorou
June 3rd, 2008, 11:54 AM
its now very easy to play isnt it?
Very easy - it works brilliantly. The save feature actually works. <3

GoAway0000
June 3rd, 2008, 12:00 PM
Very easy - it works brilliantly. The save feature actually works. <3

im tryin to send a friend invite to ya but uh cant really dont know how ta...

Nisangorou
June 3rd, 2008, 12:02 PM
@GoAway: Thanks :9

@Anyone: Hey, are the running shoes every going to be incorperated into the game? I haven't been far and I don't know if they're in or not. If not, it might mean some hard work but it would be a nice feature for future versions. :3

GoAway0000
June 3rd, 2008, 12:04 PM

@Anyone: Hey, are the running shoes every going to be incorperated into the game? I haven't been far and I don't know if they're in or not. If not, it might mean some hard work but it would be a nice feature for future versions. :3

Running shoes are in Shiny Gold but you have to play through enough to get thenm like in FireRed

dirk123
June 3rd, 2008, 12:05 PM

I think you get them from your mom after giving the Mystery Egg to Elm. Not sure though. But they are in the game.

Nisangorou
June 3rd, 2008, 12:05 PM
Running shoes are in Shiny Gold but you have to play through enough to get thenm like in FireRed

Ah. Thanks again.

Anything else to say? This game is awesome.

Training Tip: Try and search for Metapods at the beginning - they give you a fistful of EXP. points C:

Archeopterix
June 3rd, 2008, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the info on the framerates, necro, you really know your stuff. I circumvented the issue of the Leaf Stone by using a FireRed gameshark code, have half a dozen of them in my PC now. :)

Also, just thought I'd say I love the Johto music remixes on Beta5. Great job on them.

Another edit: In Beta5, whenever I go into the Pokemon Center in Violet City, the tiles become randomly rearranged and surround me and I can't move. Not that I want the Togepi egg from Elm's aide, but I've been tricked by him twice. "ZOMG meet my aide at the pokecenter i haev big news!11!" *goes into pokemon center* *game locks up*.

Nisangorou
June 4th, 2008, 12:15 AM
Oh yes! The Jhoto, ahem, remixes are awesome. I can hear a scratchy noise behind them though. Is that supposed to happen?

@Archeopterix: Ah...I've never heard of that. I'll look through some faqs and see if there's a solution. C:

Krashman
June 4th, 2008, 12:31 AM
Hey, new to the forum, but I've been playing the hack for a while now, and it's a lot of fun. Just wondering if anyone knows an early place to find a Moon Stone so I'm not stuck with a Scyther until the waterfall. Thanks.

The moonstone isn't behind the waterfall so I guess you can get it as early as surf.

You can find a wild scizor around the lvl 20s in the area before the Lake of Rage. The bug guy is looking for it too.

Nisangorou
June 4th, 2008, 01:15 AM
I've encountered 2 glitches after saving in Sprout Tower:

1. My name (OPHELIA) has been changed to OPH.
2. The game thinks my pokemon (Eoni the Totodile and Anorochi the Ekans) have come from trades ("Apparently met in NEW BARK TOWN", "Apparently met in Route 32 at level 8") Both now level 17 they don't obey any commands now.

Help please?

Dr Gregory House
June 4th, 2008, 01:22 AM

2. The game thinks my pokemon (Eoni the Totodile and Anorochi the Ekans) have come from trades ("Apparently met in NEW BARK TOWN", "Apparently met in Route 32 at level 8") Both now level 17 they don't obey any commands now.

Help please?
Wow. That is truly weird. I encountered a few glitches in sprout tower with the music and the battles. XD
why would it think they have been traded? that is weird. hmmmmmm...perhaps restart seeing as you're not that far in the game yeah? and don't save inside sprout tower this time?

Oh yes! The Jhoto, ahem, remixes are awesome. I can hear a scratchy noise behind them though. Is that supposed to happen?
As far as i know, that's what happens with the Carlos battles, but none of the others. I think it's something to do with the volume adjustments in the actual midi file or something, but i'm not sure.

Crosell
June 4th, 2008, 01:24 AM
Why can't Scyter evolve into scizor ? I dont wanna catcha scizor. i wanna have a scyther and then let him evolve into one =o
Or arn't so of the evolutions not done yet ? so maybe it will be in Beta 6 ? =D

Nisangorou
June 4th, 2008, 01:31 AM
Thankyou SirWillis. I don't want to start again so I'll just wait until I get another badge so they'll obey me. :3

Dr Gregory House
June 4th, 2008, 01:43 AM
Thankyou SirWillis. I don't want to start again so I'll just wait until I get another badge so they'll obey me. :3
clever thinking...but you may need to catch some pokemon so that you have a guaranteed pokemon that obeys you...that way if you go over the level cap you wont be in the same position again. =D
it could also be something to do with the save type. but it's a bit late now :P

Why can't Scyter evolve into scizor ? I dont wanna catcha scizor. i wanna have a scyther and then let him evolve into one =o
Well perhaps you could catch a scizor and then breed it to get a scyther? use your initiative mate :P

choatix
June 4th, 2008, 03:39 AM

Help please?

This is one of those evils glitches in Shiny Gold. Zel has not figured out what causes it, but I'm sure than when he knows, he will. It happened to me in Union Cave (so I loaded a previous save (after finding my Mudkip to then before) and when I gave Kurt the GS Ball. Other glitches that Zel does nolt know what causes them are the Bad Egg glitch and some other. If possible, go back to an old save? And... does you name appear with a red arrow att eh end of it oin the start menu? That's how I found out. Choatix became Cho. It's so ANNOYING! But, hey, I save a lot. I use the SHIFT + F1 feature almost every time I battle a difficult trainer (after every move in them) and then everytime I find a pokemon I want! (even Zubat.. only because I wanted to catch it with a Luxury Ball...). My Jirachi turned into a bad egg and I was really, really annoyed! But hey, it's a game, and I just traded it to my own save file (by re-loading a previous) to the most recent. You could do that, and you pokemon would obey, but only if you had a previous save file. And make sure to save in an F1-10 slot. To link VBA, well, have 2 running and both go to the pokemon centre. Need I go on? That way, I got Jirachi back into my next save. (I found a Shiny Golbat then released Jirachi was gone so I didn't want to just carrry on from the previous save file). I talk too much... even when I write... Lol

It can evolve into Scizor. With a moon stone. In Beta 5. And why do you want to catch Scyther then evolve into Scyther for? Are you that despreate for a move like Aerial Ace?

The moonstone isn't behind the waterfall so I guess you can get it as early as surf.

You can find a wild scizor around the lvl 20s in the area before the Lake of Rage. The bug guy is looking for it too.
And, you can only get Scyther just before/after 3rd Badge and by 4th badge you can head over to Tojho Falls and collect the moon stone. Surf to the corner. It is there, I assure you. And about Scizor, if you do want one, a pokemon Lv20 in your party first, use repel. If you find a pokemon while it is on, Scizor WILL appear. That pokemon cannot be fainted or this won't work.

STUCK WITH A SCYTHER??? R U KIDDING? scyther is much better than scizor, both on speed and looks...
But not on attack. Lol. And it's a toss-up, keep as Scyther and have a double weakness to rock or evolve to Scizor and have an average rock damage, but double weakness to fire, thjat Scyther is also weak too. Scyther is too fragile with typing, but it is still probably better to have that Scizor. Unless you really like Scizor with one of Scyther's moves... But I'm sure no idiot would send out thier Scyther to a Golem or something anyway (if they had an option).

Nisangorou
June 4th, 2008, 03:49 AM
Choatix become Cho? OPHELIA become OPH. It annoys the hell out of me. x3
I solved the obedience problem - just get the next badge.
And no...I don't see a red arrow. ;_;

choatix
June 4th, 2008, 03:55 AM

I spose so, that would work. And you get more EXP! But I felt that was cheating. Like holding a lucky egg. CHEAT! Oh well. Thats why I went back. And the red arrow thing at the end of my name was just SO annoying every time I wanted to use repel or a potion. GWWAH!

Hiroshi Uwishicarwei
June 4th, 2008, 03:57 AM
Oh, gawd... I forgot this was Shiny Gold beta 4... I kept thinking it was Beta 5... >_<

Dr Gregory House
June 4th, 2008, 04:06 AM
I spose so, that would work. And you get more EXP! But I felt that was cheating. Like holding a lucky egg. CHEAT! Oh well. Thats why I went back. And the red arrow thing at the end of my name was just SO annoying every time I wanted to use repel or a potion. GWWAH!
yeh, well technically using a lucky egg isn't cheating, but it puts you to an advantage of those who don't. therefore, UNFAIR, but not cheating as such.

Oh, gawd... I forgot this was Shiny Gold beta 4... I kept thinking it was Beta 5... >_<
THIS IS BETA 5.

Nisangorou
June 4th, 2008, 04:39 AM
Speaking of Exp...
What really annoys me about this game is definately the EXP doshes. If you power-train (like me) even the weaker pokemon throw up so much exp that I level from 25-26 in, like, three minutes. I suppose it's good for team trainers butnot for me, sorry. Next time, I think the exp pokemon give out should be cut a little. It makes the game too easy. C:

Mitchman
June 4th, 2008, 06:03 AM
Speaking of Exp...
What really annoys me about this game is definately the EXP doshes. If you power-train (like me) even the weaker pokemon throw up so much exp that I level from 25-26 in, like, three minutes. I suppose it's good for team trainers butnot for me, sorry. Next time, I think the exp pokemon give out should be cut a little. It makes the game too easy. C:
Hehe play x if you want a challenge.

shadoweevee
June 4th, 2008, 08:17 AM

this glitch has been mentioned before but one thing I noticed is that it only happens to people with names with more then 7 letters

Awec
June 4th, 2008, 08:36 AM
I got 4 bugs to report:
1) In Dark Cave (the first time you can go inside), you can get to an area in the cave (though it would be sort of dumb to do so, since at that point you don't have flash) where there is a guy that you can challenge. Unfortunately, he has a level 20+ Pokemon that can easily KO all of your Pokemon at that early stage. There ought to be some way of blocking the area off.
2) Likewise with the Trick House. Luckily the trainers in there haven't got quite so high leveled Pokemon, and my Pokemon had been leveled up considerably after Falkner and Sprout Tower, but it was still a bit of a shock to go in there and realize I'm facing trainers with Pokemon as high leveled as Falkner's. Either it should be move to a location you can't get to, or their Pokemon ought to be de-leveled slightly.
3) In the small building between the place with the Trick House and Sudowoodo, and the Ruins of Alph, there is a weird glitch copy of you. Is this a sprite error?
4) Ruins of Alph again - indeed, inside a separate building again. When you go in the building where the two scientist are, one of them acts like Nurse Joy, and when you agree to have your Pokemon Healed, you can see a glitched version of the normal Pokemon Center Healing Process. Can this be fixed?

GiantGroudon
June 4th, 2008, 09:32 AM
I found X bugs in victory road. ther's grass in it, the move data is messed up.
Who was the idiot that designed this?
Except this and the fact that beta5 doesn't work in no$gba, Shiny Gold is awesome.

DyZi
June 4th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Great game, i was looking forward to a good GSC remake...here it is, this is offically the best Rom i'veplayed.

One thing...I cannot get passed the basement switches part.

HELP?

Dr Gregory House
June 4th, 2008, 01:30 PM
I found X bugs in victory road. ther's grass in it, the move data is messed up.
Who was the idiot that designed this?
Except this and the fact that beta5 doesn't work in no$gba, Shiny Gold is awesome. Well, you're the idiot. It is meant to have grass and that is a blind cave. simple. explained. go to the FAQ.

I got 4 bugs to report:
1) In Dark Cave (the first time you can go inside), you can get to an area in the cave (though it would be sort of dumb to do so, since at that point you don't have flash) where there is a guy that you can challenge. Unfortunately, he has a level 20+ Pokemon that can easily KO all of your Pokemon at that early stage. There ought to be some way of blocking the area off.
2) Likewise with the Trick House. Luckily the trainers in there haven't got quite so high leveled Pokemon, and my Pokemon had been leveled up considerably after Falkner and Sprout Tower, but it was still a bit of a shock to go in there and realize I'm facing trainers with Pokemon as high leveled as Falkner's. Either it should be move to a location you can't get to, or their Pokemon ought to be de-leveled slightly.
3) In the small building between the place with the Trick House and Sudowoodo, and the Ruins of Alph, there is a weird glitch copy of you. Is this a sprite error?
4) Ruins of Alph again - indeed, inside a separate building again. When you go in the building where the two scientist are, one of them acts like Nurse Joy, and when you agree to have your Pokemon Healed, you can see a glitched version of the normal Pokemon Center Healing Process. Can this be fixed?
1) that's a challenge in the game that zel made, he gives you a good item if you win.
2)wat's the point in having trainers that are uber easy to beat? ruins the whole point.
3)probably
4)Probably, but the healing place stuff is hard to do, so probably in a later version.

GymLeaderLance99
June 4th, 2008, 03:17 PM
4)Probably, but the healing place stuff is hard to do, so probably in a later version.
Well, depending on how good zel (or whoever's helping him) is at scripting, it can be made such that when you agree to have your Pokemon healed, the screen would go to black, play the healing sound, and then fade back in. But then, that sounds like something that would be easier for RPG Maker. XD Still, I think it can be done. Might take a good bit of scripting knowledge, though, 'cause I don't think there's a tool that'd let you do it.

plop
June 4th, 2008, 04:16 PM
lol im very upset :P; yesterday i when to play SG on gpSP and i went to save instead of load so i lost my data.. guess its time to start from the beginning

Dr Gregory House
June 4th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Well, depending on how good zel (or whoever's helping him) is at scripting, it can be made such that when you agree to have your Pokemon healed, the screen would go to black, play the healing sound, and then fade back in. But then, that sounds like something that would be easier for RPG Maker. XD Still, I think it can be done. Might take a good bit of scripting knowledge, though, 'cause I don't think there's a tool that'd let you do it.
yeh, he could copy the script from the person on the route before victory road and insert it as a new one.

Mattysaurus
June 4th, 2008, 11:27 PM
Is the karate dude in the dark cave supposed to give you Rollout?
I used it to whoop Falkner. :D

Dr Gregory House
June 4th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Is the karate dude in the dark cave supposed to give you Rollout?
I used it to whoop Falkner. :D
yep, and that's exactly how you beat him...if you're clever enough to figure out where the guy is. =D

Great game, i was looking forward to a good GSC remake...here it is, this is offically the best Rom i'veplayed.

One thing...I cannot get passed the basement switches part.

HELP?
perhaps go to the help thread and ask there...where it is the topic ;P

lol im very upset :P; yesterday i when to play SG on gpSP and i went to save instead of load so i lost my data.. guess its time to start from the beginning
and why did we need to know that?

X-HaulTed
June 5th, 2008, 02:01 AM
Nice hack Zel
I must say this is a very high quality hack...
not all hacks are this good
overall i like everything 'bout it
the tiles are excellent
it even looks like it's an official remake of Gold haha
thanks for this hack^^
please i would love to see this finished even if it has to be long XP

Milnivri
June 5th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Bug:

If you lose to a wild Pokemon on Route 29 just after getting your starter, you end up in a PC (most probably Cherrygrove's), but it's all darkness and even after Nurse Joy finishes talking and healing your Pokes, you stay there. Yes, I haven't reached any Pokemon Center yet, nor any town/city other than New Bark.

Haha I lost to a Sentret just because it had an Oran Berry and I was lazy to use potions (I had little health then). xD

EDIT: Did you replace the original LG Pallet Town map with the now New Bark Town one? The same for Route 29 & Route 1/Cherrygrove City & Viridian City? Because there might be a code inside there which detects whether you have reached the map of Viridian (with var numbers?), and so by putting it like this it might turn out differently. If you get what I mean... :/

v1tje
June 5th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Hi there,

Does someone know where i can get whirlpool? I really need it on wich route can i find it or a screenshot?

Thanks it would be appreciate

Archeopterix
June 5th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Hi there,

Does someone know where i can get whirlpool? I really need it on wich route can i find it or a screenshot?

Don't you get it in the Rocket base in Mahogany Town?

Virtual Chatot
June 5th, 2008, 09:24 AM
I'm pretty sure you get Waterfall from Lance in the Rocket Base...

I can't remember where you get Whirlpool though o_o;;

v1tje
June 5th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Yeah i've get a clamperl that was it on. Thank you.

JJK
June 5th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Don't you get it in the Rocket base in Mahogany Town?
There's no Whirlpool HM, you must use the Clamperl Lance gives u at the Rocket Hideout (or any onther poke who knows whirlpool, e.g. Wailmer)

Mattysaurus
June 5th, 2008, 11:06 AM
yep, and that's exactly how you beat him...if you're clever enough to figure out where the guy is. =D

Thanks, just needed to know it wasnt a glitch.

Zelios95
June 5th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Hey Zel,what if for the LUGIA event u make JESS and JAMIE appear and they want the silver thing that u need.U could make'em fight u and wen u win the old man gives it to u.By the way love the hack!!!Keep going!

JJK
June 5th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Hey Zel,what if for the LUGIA event u make JESS and JAMIE appear and they want the silver thing that u need.U could make'em fight u and wen u win the old man gives it to u.By the way love the hack!!!Keep going!
Don't worry, zel won't let'em disappear, at least for ever, because they always do it after every battle... cowards...and a waste of a good wobbuffet...

And by the way, in B6, will Ard FINALLY have some decent bugs?

Giovanni Boss
June 5th, 2008, 12:14 PM
I actually became pretty sad when Zel said it isn't part of his plans to make an event involving Giovanni. Well, guess that's up to him. xD
Oh, I almost forgot. Zel, if you change any pokémon location, such as Ralts, please tell me, so I can do the next shiny gold dex correctly, when beta 6 is released. ^^

Dr Gregory House
June 5th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Hi there,

that belongs in the FAQ, so for next time, any ingame/story related questions go in there

AnthonyPalomo
June 5th, 2008, 02:37 PM
How do I put it in my psp :P?

plop
June 5th, 2008, 05:19 PM
you need to download and install gpSP (and you need to be running on cfw). may i recommend QJ.net its easy to install and you need to fined the original Bio for it

Dr Gregory House
June 5th, 2008, 08:56 PM
you need to download and install gpSP (and you need to be running on cfw). may i recommend QJ.net its easy to install and you need to fined the original Bio for it
Both of these belong in the FAQ. i'm sure zel has already expressed that he doesn't want emulation related conversation in this thread.

on the lighter side, i can't wait for the next minigame, and i hope it's working out for ya zel!

shinygoldash
June 5th, 2008, 10:35 PM
I have a feeling one will have something to do with a certain move.

Is Mt.Silver gonna be packed with extra events?

Dr Gregory House
June 5th, 2008, 10:39 PM
I have a feeling one will have something to do with a certain move.

Probably will...but we have yet to see it...

I think it is most likely to be filled with extra stuff, i mean, come on! how boring was the old mt silver? other than battling red of course...
hopefully there will be

hi sir tomato my password is syvniti
June 6th, 2008, 12:31 PM
I'm pretty sure you get Waterfall from Lance in the Rocket Base...

I can't remember where you get Whirlpool though o_o;;

You get the Clempel with Whirlpool from Lance... The Waterfall is in the ice path cave...

destinedjagold
June 6th, 2008, 09:47 PM
zel, Shiny Gold is truly awesome, Carlos is also a difficult opponent, and a very er, hot-headed one, but I LOLed when I found out when I saw that he's a good guy! :laugh:
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa154/destinedjagold/ShinyGoldBeta5_02-1.png

anyways, anyway you can fix the tile errors there..? :)
good luck~

shinygoldash
June 7th, 2008, 01:13 AM
I think the Teachy Tv thing is just a hold up for something we can use for the radio.

The reason Carlos is on TTV is cuz zel overwrote the guy from teachy tv cuz he had plans for characters like amelia.

ShadowCharizard13
June 7th, 2008, 02:09 AM
When will final version come out?

shinygoldash
June 7th, 2008, 02:17 AM
Zel asked for these kind of things to stop happening.

He doesn't give release dates but he does want to try to finish the hack this year.

Just look at the first post.

ShadowCharizard13
June 7th, 2008, 02:30 AM
Okay thanks, and don't be mad at me I'm new how am i supposed to know that Zel said we don't ask about final versions??!?!

shinygoldash
June 7th, 2008, 02:32 AM
Sorry. The frst post is used to stop these things happening though.

If the info isn't there pm zel.

ShadowCharizard13
June 7th, 2008, 02:39 AM
I've got a question. when I battle Carlos there are no music nor sound.Why?

Dr Gregory House
June 7th, 2008, 02:49 AM
good luck~
yeh, that's just a map tile. what teachy tv does is it takes a screenshot of a map and puts a sprite over the top. obviously, as he deleted the old man, it would be replaced with the extra rivals and stuff that he put in.
it is pretty funny tho.

I've got a question. when I battle Carlos there are no music nor sound.Why?
this could be:
A) the beta that you have
B) the region of the ROM. it has to be (U)
C) could be an error with the save file
D) i have no idea

zak
June 7th, 2008, 06:52 AM
Zel your a legend, i barely hang around here now dys on runescape and stuff but il always check every other week to see how this hack is coming along, ur a legend.

ShadowCharizard13
June 7th, 2008, 07:39 AM
this could be:
A) the beta that you have

I think thats the problem i have beta 4

Raiph
June 7th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Mhm you need beta 5 at the first post.

shinygoldash
June 7th, 2008, 08:37 AM
This thread seems like it's dying bit by bit cuz we get the same thing over and over, not many people post and it's all random posting.

kyogre1940
June 7th, 2008, 09:02 AM
I know this may seem like a dumb question but...
What is the TM List for Shiny-gold? I know it's copying Gold for the most part, but will it be possible to get Flamethrower, Ice Beam, or Thunderbolt?

Also, I found a trainer level glitch in X version (see attachment)
Her Pokèmon are under-leveled compared to everybody else (i.e, her pokes are level 29~31 I believe while everyone else is around 40)

Your hack is amazing! The last time I checked this thread was around November of last year. Amazing progress! Good luck with the rest! :D

shinygoldash
June 7th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Zel'll fix it at the end.

All he does is use the normal beta then change all the trainers.

It's more likely a mistake.

noah73x
June 7th, 2008, 11:02 AM
What is the TM List for Shiny-gold? I know it's copying Gold for the most part, but will it be possible to get Flamethrower, Ice Beam, or Thunderbolt?

Her Pokèmon are under-leveled compared to everybody else (i.e, her pokes are level 29~31 I believe while everyone else is around 40)

Your hack is amazing! The last time I checked this thread was around November of last year. Amazing progress! Good luck with the rest! :D

well... i can give you a TM list... i'll write one now.
Flamethrower, Ice Beam and ThunderBolt can be obtained in the 2 Cazino's in the games.
and they can be obtained throw trading the same TM number (not same TM, just same number) from Emerald, Red Fire and Green leaf.

and zel already told a few times that some trainers are weaker and stronger, because of bugs...
btw, yes... it's the only hack i play... it's truley amazing.

Craver
June 7th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Good news: He finished the GS translate into Spanish (all johto), now going into Kanto ... so that only a few months what I have already finished ...

Raiph
June 7th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Awsm i can't wait to see.

noah73x
June 7th, 2008, 11:38 AM
HM 1 - Cut
HM 2 - Fly
HM 3 - Surf
HM 4 - Strength
HM 5 - Flash
HM 6 - Rock Smash
HM 7 - Waterfall
TM 1 - DynamicPunch
TM 2 - Headbutt
TM 3 - Curse
TM 4 - Rollout
TM 5 - Roar
TM 6 - Toxic
TM 7 - Zap Cannon
TM 8 -
TM 9 - Light Screen
TM 10 - Hidden Power
TM 11 - Sunny Day
TM 12 - Sweet Scent
TM 13 -
TM 14 -
TM 15 - Hyper Beam
TM 16 - Icy Wind
TM 17 - Protect
TM 18 - Rain Dance
TM 19 - Giga Drain
TM 20 -
TM 21 -
TM 22 - Solarbeam
TM 23 - Iron Tail
TM 24 - DragonBreath
TM 25 -
TM 26 - EarthQuake
TM 27 - Return
TM 28 - Dig
TM 29 - Psychic
TM 30 - Shadow Ball
TM 31 - Mud-Slap
TM 32 - Double Team
TM 33 -
TM 34 - Swagger
TM 35 - Flamethrower
TM 36 -
TM 37 - SandStorm
TM 38 -
TM 39 - Swift
TM 40 - Ice Punch
TM 41 - ThunderPunch
TM 42 - Fire Punch
TM 43 -
TM 44 - Rest
TM 45 - Attract
TM 46 - Thief
TM 47 - Steel Wing
TM 48 -
TM 49 - Fury Cutter
TM 50 - Brick Break

Sorry but i don't know what the missing TM's are.
Enjoy this

zel 2.0
June 7th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Thanks everyone for helping me answering a lot of stuff, so I'll take care of the unanswered things or the stuff I simply wanted to comment about.

Just a question zel, (havn't seen it answered on the first post) is there any specific reason you decided to remake Gold rather than Crystal? I always saw the 3rd games as sort of the "Complete" games (e.g. a game like Kingdom Hearts Final Mix) so I thought it would have been a better "template" to use as a Generation II remake.

Well, I always liked Gold over Crystal, so that's one of the reasons.

Wheooot...
Uh...Zel...If anyone has told you...sorry...but...
Well, when you get stuff off Amelia in Pryce's town, there aren't any flags and you can keep getting and getting...
That was when I was playing Shiny X.

Maybe I havent fixed something on the X. Which Beta are you using? because perhaps I fixed that on a newer version. I dont remember having that problem before.

You propably used the save option from the start menu in the game. If you did don't. Go to the top of your emulator and drop down the file menu and click save to save the game at its current state as a .SGM.

Wrong - Please avoid .sgm files. Because when you reach the E4, it wont save and you'll start complaining about not progressing. Just make sure the Flash128k option is enabled BEFORE ever loading the rom. If you made the mistake, then you know how that is fixed: closing the emu, deleting the .sav or .sa1 file, then opening the emu, setting the F128 option and loading the rom.

By now it's kinda obvious I should have changed the "Exchange Memory" message from the game long time ago. Baka... :P

Zel, i got a question... will you edit the Pokedex so we'll be able to see where we can caugh each pokemon? or will the pokedex will be left alone?

Yeah, just like Baro I wonder if such a thing can be done. Because, as sgash said, Pokemon show up on the dex depending if it is located as wild pokemon on a map under the "Map name" which is showable on the Pokedex. Not sure if that kind of data can be manipulated or if it is everything automatically generated... :\

Sounds like something Mastermind_X could have fun with! :laugh:

The only reason zel made those pokemon available without trading was cuz he wanted to put the first 386 pokes in.

Not to mention that trade evolution is not my favorite way of getting Pokemon, that's why I decided to change it.

While searching on Google for my page (yeah I have no life >_> ) I found a Japanese fansite on Shiny Gold with a lot of pretty screenshots and FAQs and stuff like how to register and download the SG patch.

I can only read the Chinese part of Japanese, so you could ask someone else to contact the webmaster to put his/her website on the front page.

Seems like the creator has stopped updating the page (says at the bottom), and wants to preserve this as a relic for when the new beta comes out (babelfish >.>)

Shiny Gold is expanding into the Japanese market >.<

http://www.geocities.jp/pokemonshinygoldzel/index.html

Interesting, although I didnt understand a bit of it (oh well, I could use a translator but we know how much they suck >.<), but, if the creator of the page is around and wants me to put it on the first post, just PM me.

And, I'll avoid all that topic about SG expansion, because it was a bit silly :P

Just one question: i havent still understood how the *yamn*slows work
Slowking evolves into slowbro through water stone? at least thats what i get, and its WEIRD, as some might consider slowking better...
And about evo stones, will they also be available through digging?
They're stones afterall...

I dont know why everyone has it wrong: Slowpoke is the one who evolves into both Slowbro (with level) and to Slowking (I think you use a Water stone), it's your choice.

Stones on the minigame? Hmmm... Nope, I get the feeling they'd be overused. I want them to not be that easy to obtain, really.

I got 4 bugs to report:

1)Optional battles usually are hard, be conscious you are playing a RPG so you should be responsible for your actions :)
2)Kinda same thing, the Trick House is completely optional. In fact, leaving them for after you finish the whole thing also works. By that time you would have level60 Pokemon battling against level 10 or so Pokemon XP
3)I'm intrigued by those clones, when you can post a screenshot (or anyone else), please show me their exact locations.
4)Hmmmm... I'll have a look on the scientist's script.

Bug:

If you lose to a wild Pokemon on Route 29 just after getting your starter, you end up in a PC (most probably Cherrygrove's), but it's all darkness and even after Nurse Joy finishes talking and healing your Pokes, you stay there. Yes, I haven't reached any Pokemon Center yet, nor any town/city other than New Bark.

Haha I lost to a Sentret just because it had an Oran Berry and I was lazy to use potions (I had little health then). xD

EDIT: Did you replace the original LG Pallet Town map with the now New Bark Town one? The same for Route 29 & Route 1/Cherrygrove City & Viridian City? Because there might be a code inside there which detects whether you have reached the map of Viridian (with var numbers?), and so by putting it like this it might turn out differently. If you get what I mean... :/

As far as I remember, when you lose without going to the Pokecenter, you should come out from Cherrygrove's PC instead of talking to your mom (alright, there should be a mid-second where you are at home, but after that there should be a warp), am I wrong in how the events happen?
Can anyone confirm about the glitch he's mentioning, it sounds strange.

I dont really want to mess with how the original legendaries were obtainable. That's why we have a lot of extra legendaries to give them events or weird ways to find them.

And by the way, in B6, will Ard FINALLY have some decent bugs?

He gets a new one (I think it was a Pinsir on the normal, but I'm not sure), but, you know he just picks what he likes and thinks its strong, in his weird opinion... -_-

I actually became pretty sad when Zel said it isn't part of his plans to make an event involving Giovanni. Well, guess that's up to him. xD
Oh, I almost forgot. Zel, if you change any pokémon location, such as Ralts, please tell me, so I can do the next shiny gold dex correctly, when beta 6 is released. ^^

Most likely I'll move the Pokemon which appeared on R.of Alph, if I manage to do something about the puzzles there.

Not really, but it has been remapped to make it confusing, almost like the V.Road.

zel, Shiny Gold is truly awesome, Carlos is also a difficult opponent, and a very er, hot-headed one, but I LOLed when I found out when I saw that he's a good guy! :laugh:
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa154/destinedjagold/ShinyGoldBeta5_02-1.png

good luck~

Hehe... Well, since I have fixed that route, it now looks fine. And about the Carlos Dude, I have inserted the Poke Dude's overworld again and moved Carlos overworld somewhere else, so now they are different people :P

Yes, those nice moves have TMs, although they'll not be that easy to be gotten, as obvious.

I must ask: Were you playing the X version for the levels problem? Because it could be a mistake I did of not editing someone's lineup as I was editing lineups for the X version.

Good news: He finished the GS translate into Spanish (all johto), now going into Kanto ... so that only a few months what I have already finished ...

Good to know that, I hope everything is coming along nicely.

Alright, after finishing the whole posting, I better do something else on the hack, so I can bring some kind of update tomorrow :D

linkinkid
June 7th, 2008, 01:44 PM
i've noticed a small bug.....when you go to the 7th gym carlos gets surprised when you tell him you got 5 badges......but you actually have 6.not really that big of a deal,but thought you might wanted to know zel.

JJK
June 7th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Another text edit needed: someone (dont remember who) in the Lavander Radio Tower talks about the EXPN Card when what you get after restoring power in the Power Plant is the poké flute

And i just wanted to say this... i know i ask a lot of questions and report a lot of little irrelevant bugs, and i know i have no idea, not even close, of how hard this is to do, but i love this hack so much i just want it to be absolutly perfect, even more than it is alredy, so i try to give my help...

Raiph
June 7th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Hacks are bound to have their problems... There's nothing you or the producer or anyone can do about it, just something we all have 2 accept. There's always gonna be something that can't be fixed or sorted... We just have 2 live with it.

EDIT: Is it supposed 2 snow in new bark town? If not how do i fix this?

Dr Gregory House
June 7th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Hacks are bound to have their problems... There's nothing you or the producer or anyone can do about it, just something we all have 2 accept. There's always gonna be something that can't be fixed or sorted... We just have 2 live with it.

EDIT: Is it supposed 2 snow in new bark town? If not how do i fix this?

no, it's not supposed to snow. just open it in advance map and change the weather. easy.

Henry769
June 7th, 2008, 11:16 PM
a little bug, when you haven't battled the Ghost gym (4th) ... but you still got you as a "winning trainer".

Dr Gregory House
June 7th, 2008, 11:31 PM
a little bug, when you haven't battled the Ghost gym (4th) ... but you still got you as a "winning trainer".
can you give a better description?

shinygoldash
June 8th, 2008, 12:54 AM
Sirwillis04, the winning trainer thing is the statues which say if you have beaten the gym.

ShadowCharizard13
June 8th, 2008, 02:22 AM
How many beta's will be before the final version comes out?

Sarcastic Prince
June 8th, 2008, 02:45 AM
How many beta's will be before the final version comes out?

7. He said it somewhere in the early 2006...

ShadowCharizard13
June 8th, 2008, 02:47 AM
7. He said it somewhere in the early 2006...

early 2006?!?!?!!?But now is 2008!

Sarcastic Prince
June 8th, 2008, 02:51 AM
early 2006?!?!?!!?But now is 2008!

Yes. Early 2006. He started this project somewhere in 2006 and after a few months... he said there will be 7 betas.

ShadowCharizard13
June 8th, 2008, 02:53 AM
so after beta 7 the final version will come out?I hope that there will be no beta 8!!

Dr Gregory House
June 8th, 2008, 02:58 AM
Sirwillis04, the winning trainer thing is the statues which say if you have beaten the gym.
oh...my bad. i got that as well, it happens when you skip one of the gyms.

EDIT: it could also be a flag error

Electric
June 8th, 2008, 03:22 AM
Where can I find fly in this game?

Percival
June 8th, 2008, 03:29 AM
probably where you get it in the actual gold...

Talk to the woman outside the Cianwood City Gym after you defeat chuck

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/8334/25428150bd4.png

EJames2100
June 8th, 2008, 06:53 AM
I reckon there will be a final beta as it will still have minor bugs in and it may still have a few small ones after the final version is released :)

Also I just battled the woman for Treeko and I didn't have enough room so I went back to make room, went back and recieved Treeko, a little while later I realised my name had changed to "GOL" from "GOLD" and my other pokemon were receiving boosted xp :?

I reloaded my save to just before the battle with the woman and made a space and received Treeko and all seemed fine.

Raiph
June 8th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Prolly just an error that's prolly unfixable or something cuz i had tht same prob too.

ShadowCharizard13
June 8th, 2008, 07:43 AM
One question: Why are you saying Jess&Jamie? Its supposed to be Jessie&James.

Percival
June 8th, 2008, 07:47 AM
http://www.iaza.com/work/080609C/Nikolas6791547814-iaza.png
You can use it if you want...no credit needed...

Midnight Beat
June 8th, 2008, 08:00 AM
One question: Why are you saying Jess&Jamie? Its supposed to be Jessie&James.

No, that's how Zel wanted it. They're not the supposed to be the actual characters from the anime, just a tribute.

Raiph
June 8th, 2008, 08:50 AM
I Also wonder this 2 but since it's so insignificant i never questioned it.

shinygoldash
June 8th, 2008, 08:55 AM
It's just a twist off them to give a little extra to the game.

Raiph
June 8th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Meh if it makes them happy...

Awec
June 8th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Just in case this helps solve the name bug...
I went back to New Bark Town, cut down the tree and got the hidden Pikachu. Then I went back to route 37, and headbutted a tree, entering a battle with Shedinja. Halfway through the battle, my name changed from Awec to Awe. Perhaps it's something to do with receiving event Pokemon?

Raiph
June 8th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Yea that seems 2 happen alot my name also changed when i did this maybe it's a bug he's working on fixing?

BREAKINGBEN
June 8th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Quick question, can Shiny Gold be played on any Mac computers? (Since Virtual Boy isn't as updated on Mac as it is for PC.)

Raiph
June 8th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Quick question, can Shiny Gold be played on any Mac computers? (Since Virtual Boy isn't as updated on Mac as it is for PC.)

Not sure prolly you can but with more lag.

Electric
June 8th, 2008, 04:56 PM
I have a problem with beta 5!
Whenever you go into the violet pokecenter, the mapping get A**led and you cant get out, it sucks completely!

I have lost loads of things from that!

Archeopterix
June 8th, 2008, 09:28 PM
I have a problem with beta 5!
Whenever you go into the violet pokecenter, the mapping get A**led and you cant get out, it sucks completely!

I have lost loads of things from that!

That happened to me too. Just don't go in that Pokemon Center, that's all I can say.

Dr Gregory House
June 8th, 2008, 09:31 PM
That happened to me too. Just don't go in that Pokemon Center, that's all I can say.
well, that pokecenter works fine for me. did you use a different region ROM? like (E) or something? it could also have been a patching error.

kyogre1940
June 8th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Ack, I found another glitch.
I'm playing SGX, and I have the GS Ball.
I go to Elm, and he keeps saying he'll call me if something's up.
I have not hatched the Togepi egg. I tried it, but he won't even look at it. He'll keep saying he'll call me if something is up. I call him on the phone booth, he asks me to come. I come, he says the same thing. D: I want Celebi! Help, somebody!

dragon92
June 8th, 2008, 10:26 PM
I have not hatched the Togepi egg. I tried it, but he won't even look at it. He'll keep saying he'll call me if something is up. I call him on the phone booth, he asks me to come. I come, he says the same thing. D: I want Celebi! Help, somebody!

I have exactly the same prob.I watched a video in YouTube showing that Elm should call you when you enter Cerulean City,blabbing something about having two Kanto badges etc.,but,I tried it lots of times,it just won't work...

shinygoldash
June 8th, 2008, 10:26 PM
I think you did something wrong in the chain of events for the GS Ball.

kyogre1940
June 8th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Wait, what are the correct chain of events for the GS Ball?

pokegamefreak
June 8th, 2008, 10:36 PM
After you cal prof elm on the phone, go with the SS. AQUA to johto en go then to prof elm.

shinygoldash
June 8th, 2008, 10:36 PM
Do you have 2 badges?

It works when u have them.

If not, you need to re-patch.

kyogre1940
June 8th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Do you have 2 badges?

It works when u have them.

If not, you need to re-patch.

Alrighty, I'll get my 2nd badge....

.... I got the badge... he isn't calling me. If I repatch, do I lose all my pokemon?

Christos
July 27th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Thread opened by request.

Let the spam wars begin~

kennyj92
July 27th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Well I just wanted to comment on the matching game. I like it alot it looks like one of those addicting games I'm gonna play forever lol but great job it looked like it was pretty difficult to make but it looks like it came out great. Keep up the awesome work zel!

Ryousha
July 27th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Zel, please keep in mind, that no matter how much you work through, this hack would probably be the first to actually finish a Fire Red Hack.

SSJ4 Furanki
July 27th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Woah, Shiny Gold's back!
Good luck with it. Can't wait to see the next update.

DietCokeSeeker
July 27th, 2008, 12:36 PM
I still have that save issue. When you say "for the first time" does that mean once you load it and forgot to switch it that it can never save? I've had this issue the entire time, but it never really hit home untill I beat the Elite 4. Back is the back up memory I am suppose to exchange?

Edit: Other than whine about my issue I should say this was the reason I joined up and other than the save issue this is the reason why I joined.

zel 2.0
July 27th, 2008, 12:38 PM

Let the spam wars begin~

Coughsurprisingtocoughhearthatcoughfromcoughamodcoughcough

Well, dont worry too much about it, because not like it'll remain open for a lot (maybe just two or three weeks, or maybe less), but I guess I can feel protected with your help meanwhile, eh? ;)

Well I just wanted to comment on the matching game. I like it alot it looks like one of those addicting games I'm gonna play forever lol but great job it looked like it was pretty difficult to make but it looks like it came out great. Keep up the awesome work zel!

Thanks, I will be talking more about it at the end of this post.

Zel, please keep in mind, that no matter how much you work through, this hack would probably be the first to actually finish a Fire Red Hack.

Dont know, I've long stopped caring about rushing my work. If it gets finished first, meh, if it doesnt, meh x2.

Woah, Shiny Gold's back!
Good luck with it. Can't wait to see the next update.

Alright, here's the update:

I've recently uploaded the video to the matchup minigame:

Click Me! Matchup Minigame Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6tY9hPAblg)

Now I'll describe the game:

MINI-GAME No.3
"The Matchup mini-game

Basically, you all know what the matchup game is, the one where you have to find the pairs. Well, I got the idea of doing it with Pokeballs and Pokemon.

The game has three levels of difficulty, each varying the number of maximum mistakes you can make. Each level, besides, has three rounds (each varying the number of mistakes as well), the mistakes wont carry out from one round to another, so that's a big help, but of course, as the rounds or level increase, you have less mistakes to make, so things can get hard as you progress.

What are the prizes and costs? This minigame works solely on money. The idea is that every time you complete a round, you get the money you paid doubled. But... If you want to advance to the next round, you have to leave all that money you've gotten. However if you complete the next round, you get your money doubled again. Since I may have confused you, here's a simple example:

-You need $250 for the first round of the Easy mode, complete the round and you get $500. If you want to start the second round, you need those $500 but if you complete this second round you'll get $1000, and so on for another round (since each level has three rounds)

By the way, if you manage to defeat the three rounds of the Hard Mode, a new mode will become available. It'll be quite expensive and you'll require a gifted memory (or plain awesome luck... or some time and savestates -_-) in order to complete this extra mode, but you can start imaging that, since the game is expensive, if you double the cost... :P

That's all for the minigame. The thread will remain open just in case there's stuff to talk about the game. But, since I get the feeling I'll get some bug or glitches reports, I'll say it: I'm not interested yet in hearing them, so it's best to leave them for later (besides, I think I've heard everything already)
OK? No Bug/glitches reports, thanks.

Gah... Something else... Before we also get the usual "I cannot progress after the E4... why?" and similar posts, do the usual. If you have already started a New Game then, close the emulator, delete any .sav or .sa1 file for the game, open the emulator but this time, instead of just loading the rom, go first to Options->Emulator->Save Type and set the Flash128k option. After that you can load the rom and it'll save and load properly, so start a New Game with confidence (only avoid old savestates if you were using them, just create new savestates if you really need'em)

Oh yeah... Something else (again), dont forget the game is intended for being played on a PC. So, dont start asking me about "how can I make it work on xxxx" (xxxx = whatever weird thing you are trying to make the hack work for), because not like I'm a tech freak who has all the latest gadgets and stuff, I wont be able to help you. And I'm not gonna make the hack work for something I dont own (unless you want to buy it for me >.<)

EJames2100
July 27th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Looking good zel :)

I hope you do get this finished eventually tho :)

Dr Gregory House
July 27th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Nice work on those minigames, they look like they took a lot of hard work, and I really can't wait to play them for myself!
Good to see that the progress is coming along smoothly as well, and, please people, no spam. LOL.
Are there going to be any more minigames put into it, or do you think you have enough already?
cheers =D

Disturbed
July 27th, 2008, 02:05 PM
I've been waiting a while for this to be back up!

That minigame looks incredible! Nice job!

Coolboyman
July 27th, 2008, 02:43 PM

Let the spam wars begin~

QFT

Anyway, glad to see you're making new minigames too. That reminds me of that beta card-flipping game in Gold that never got finished.

Midnight Beat
July 27th, 2008, 02:43 PM
That mini-game is very impressive, Zel, nice job! It must of taken a while to script that.

Sarcastic Prince
July 27th, 2008, 02:52 PM
You made a great script!! But will it have other rewards other than money?

Anthony PoKéMOUNTAIN
July 27th, 2008, 04:06 PM
I like this project, it's a very good project with many scripts who are interesting. I'm french and I just want to know if you can do an French Version or other language versions ?

Tyrantrum
July 27th, 2008, 04:37 PM
The thread is open again, yeah! :D
Nice mini-game.
When I was little, I used to LOVE match-up games with my dad.
I think I'll enjoy this mini-game. ;)
GL! =3

kennyj92
July 27th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Hey zel, are you gonna reveal more minigames or are those a secret?

lopinh0
July 27th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Hi, im phiippe, i have 13 years old, im pokemon shiny gold player, im live in south america, in Brazil. I want to know if ShinyGold_X_B5_ByZel.zip (http://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38941&d=1199458924) this is the must new pokemon shiny gold, because i'm been have some problems in the game, Ex: the HM 07 not is in the Ice Path... srry my horrible english... and Zel congratulation for your work...

Disturbed
July 27th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Hi, im phiippe, i have 13 years old, im pokemon shiny gold player, im live in south america, in Brazil. I want to know if ShinyGold_X_B5_ByZel.zip (http://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38941&d=1199458924) this is the must new pokemon shiny gold, because i'm been have some problems in the game, Ex: the HM 07 not is in the Ice Path... srry my horrible english... and Zel congratulation for your work...

It might just be a bad ROM that you have. Also, HM07 is in Ice Path, or else nobody would be able to get to Kanto. (Unless they cheated, but thats a different story)

Shiny gold X is the harder version of shiny gold. So all the trainers are going to have stronger pokemon than the original version.

SDODC13
July 27th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Interesting minigame Zel. Looking forward to the new beta.

megac
July 28th, 2008, 12:01 AM
Whee just recognized you're back :D(haven't been here for ages >,<)
Well as far as I can see you've really improved*thumbs up*Keep up the good work

wildarms001
July 28th, 2008, 12:13 AM
wee im shiny gold is back again :D just take youre time zel :D hope there's a fresh screenie for us :D

heatransoul
July 28th, 2008, 12:23 AM
Two Glitches, both in Violet city...
1. If you go to the Pokemon Center in Violet City before beating Falkner, you can get the Togepi Egg before and after Falkner... So you get 2 Eggs
2. If you talk to the guy who gives you the Togepi Egg from the front, he walks right through you...

clonex25
July 28th, 2008, 01:25 AM
Good day, zel.
It's good to know you're back in action.

Nice matchup minigame there. I assume that you have more time now and have a loose schedule in your work.

I have a suggestion in the Whirpool thingy: Why not place it as TM08 (the one Rock Smash owns, since it's now HM)? And it won't be available in Goldenrod Dept. Store until the Lance event at Mahogany.

Mitchman
July 28th, 2008, 01:28 AM
Its up again? Well like christos said let the spam begin. Nah kiddin so far its quiet and peaceful. Hope it stays like that.
ON TOPIC:
That minigame is swell. Im guessing hard would have the whole floor or only one retry i guess.

Sweet Jasmine
July 28th, 2008, 01:44 AM
Wow i really like this hack.. this is the game i ever first played! Well i hope you will finished the new beta!

Sarcastic Prince
July 28th, 2008, 01:47 AM
Sorry Zel, but I would have use the most Popular Cheating Device- Savestates to beat your minigame.

MegaIan11
July 28th, 2008, 01:51 AM
Hi Zel, I'm from Spain and I have a question:

Can you fix the header of the rom or explain how to fix it, because the flash cart users can't play Shiny Gold cause the header is corrupted. (Header corrupted = Nintendo logo under game boy in the begginig is bad)

Thanks, Ian

NomadSPG
July 28th, 2008, 03:05 AM
Zel, do you wanna go to insert all clonex25's G/S/C music remixes in SG?
When do you expect a release of next beta?

Great idea with last minigame!:)

shinygoldash
July 28th, 2008, 04:06 AM
I feel the minigame looked awful. (no offence ) but maybe its cuz it duz'nt feel right.

DarthSenorQueso
July 28th, 2008, 05:27 AM
I donno ash its ok the clearpokeballs and sprites make it harder to memorize.But the sounds make it easier.

Doom Chaos
July 28th, 2008, 06:10 AM
Woot my First Post :)

I've been playing this hack for a long time, I even have a godly team in Beta 5 (I didn't even NEED to cheat ;D). Shiny Gold Update, this makes my day!! Show more updates!! QUICK!! :D

(By the way, good luck for the hack)

poddish
July 28th, 2008, 07:37 AM
So does this mean that the sliding puzzles in the ruins of alph will be in the game?
Will the card flip game that was in the game corner in g/s/c be in sg too?
Will you include the rollette game from the r/s/e game corner?
For the ruins of alph, you could make it be for a prize and be able to play it more than once because you said it would be a waste of (your) time because it only takes a few minutes to play and then it's over.
you don't have to do any of these things if you don't want to...

spaceboy827
July 28th, 2008, 08:17 AM
well lookie here, the threads back open :)
well anyway i think the minigame was well done

foullump
July 28th, 2008, 08:35 AM
Glad to see you're back! You did an excellent job on that mini game there. It must have been a beast to script! O.o But I love the concept of mini games! They're just what the game needs! Keep on making them, is what I think. At least have three in total. You've already got two, so not much of a big deal, right? Anyways, once again, great job! And I look forward to playing b6 of SG! Which will, complete the game? Or will you go all the way up to a seventh?

But if I may express one comment/suggestion? This mini game... I think if you beat the thing on 'hard' you should get something more than money. Like a prize of some sort. You know, because money's great, but shouldn't the feeling of accomplishment be something more than buying a few hyper potions or rebuilding a PokéCenter? But, I suppose you've thought this over thoroughly and concluded that this is the best thing to do. So I won't try to tell you what to do. But anyways, great work!

-Foul

GalaxyTurboTwister
July 28th, 2008, 08:53 AM
First of all, it's nice to see the thread back (at least for now.....) Anyways, the mini-game looks quite excellent. However, the prizes aren't very interesting. I think prizes as only monetary rewards is rather boring. It would be better to put actual prizes depending on the difficulty such as TMs and whatnot. Though that's only my opinion ;)
Anyways, good luck!

PolishPokemonFan
July 28th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Congratulations for the great hack i am new here but i played many hacks and this is one of the best hacks i ever played ! and i hope you will continue ! (sorry for my bad englisch ;) )

lopinh0
July 28th, 2008, 05:37 PM
HI, somebody can answer... i play the BETA 5, it's the must new? or have a uptated, cause i have seen videos in youtube with mini games, and more things updated... if have a pokemon shiny gold + updated, put the download link please, i'm have defeated the elite four and pass to the other continent, and have some rocks blocking the pass for others cities cause not are made...

srry again for my horrible english...

zel 2.0
July 28th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Nice work on those minigames, they look like they took a lot of hard work, and I really can't wait to play them for myself!
Good to see that the progress is coming along smoothly as well, and, please people, no spam. LOL.
Are there going to be any more minigames put into it, or do you think you have enough already?
cheers =D

There are still two more minigames planned for the B6.

QFT

Anyway, glad to see you're making new minigames too. That reminds me of that beta card-flipping game in Gold that never got finished.

Ironically, it's good to know I'm still sticking to the original even without me knowing it :laugh:

You made a great script!! But will it have other rewards other than money?

Nope, this one only works with money. It's not like all of the minigames will give you items or a combo of items and money. Diversity is what makes the world interesting.

I like this project, it's a very good project with many scripts who are interesting. I'm french and I just want to know if you can do an French Version or other language versions ?

I dont work in translations, that depends on people who know both languages and wants to translate it to their language (I reall dont want to have "official" translators, so anyone is free to make their own)

Hey zel, are you gonna reveal more minigames or are those a secret?

I'll talk about them after I finish them, as I've been doing with the previous three minigames.

Good day, zel.
It's good to know you're back in action.

Nice matchup minigame there. I assume that you have more time now and have a loose schedule in your work.

I have a suggestion in the Whirpool thingy: Why not place it as TM08 (the one Rock Smash owns, since it's now HM)? And it won't be available in Goldenrod Dept. Store until the Lance event at Mahogany.

Not exactly, I just got a few hours since I dont have Uni, but job takes a big part of my days, though.

About the suggestion, that was made quite a few other times, and I think I got enough compaints to realize I should replace HM08-Dive, I think, (you said TM08?) with Whirlpool. Got the message, now I need to remember to actually do it sometime :P

Its up again? Well like christos said let the spam begin. Nah kiddin so far its quiet and peaceful. Hope it stays like that.
ON TOPIC:
That minigame is swell. Im guessing hard would have the whole floor or only one retry i guess.

Nope, if I filled the whole floor the difficulty of implementing everything would have drastically increased. All the levels will have the same ammount of "cards", the only difference between the modes is the number of mistakes you can make (thus, requiring better memory skills, which is secretely what I'm trying to test of you ;))

Sorry Zel, but I would have use the most Popular Cheating Device- Savestates to beat your minigame.

CARLOS: Hehe... Do that and expect a kick in your rear by me! :badsmile:

Hi Zel, I'm from Spain and I have a question:

Can you fix the header of the rom or explain how to fix it, because the flash cart users can't play Shiny Gold cause the header is corrupted. (Header corrupted = Nintendo logo under game boy in the begginig is bad)

Thanks, Ian

As far as I've heard some people managed to put it on their flashcards, but, whatever, I think I was clear enough when I said that I didnt care a bit about anyone not being able to play it on something that wasnt a PC, right? You are on your own, man.

Zel, do you wanna go to insert all clonex25's G/S/C music remixes in SG?
When do you expect a release of next beta?

Great idea with last minigame!:)

Definitely. I wanted to do it before starting the next minigame, actually, but I really cannot wait to start the next one (I'm just a bit overexcited about the concept of the next minigame >.<), it'll have to wait, but definitely I'll add all the stuff he has for the next release.

I feel the minigame looked awful. (no offence ) but maybe its cuz it duz'nt feel right.

If you want, you can try to be more specific, just to see if you convince me of what you dont feel right. But, keep in mind I'm quite stubborn and chances of me changing something are not very likely.

So does this mean that the sliding puzzles in the ruins of alph will be in the game?
Will the card flip game that was in the game corner in g/s/c be in sg too?
Will you include the rollette game from the r/s/e game corner?
For the ruins of alph, you could make it be for a prize and be able to play it more than once because you said it would be a waste of (your) time because it only takes a few minutes to play and then it's over.
you don't have to do any of these things if you don't want to...

The puzzles in R.Alph at least not yet. The way I wanted to do it required me to use a few sprites, not tiles, and I'd need to increase the amount FR has (for which now I'll need to read carefully Darthatron's guide about that)

Nah, with this card flip I made I think it'd be like, too repeatitive.

A roulette? How do you expect me to do that? O.o

Yeah, but making it like a minigame would be, strange, at least I dont see how I could make it a minigame, since I wont be using more than 4 (or were 5?) different pictures (more would require more sprites, and I'm sure there must some kind of limit in the amount of OWs tha game can handle (at least I know HackMew's OWE has a limit XD)

So, in the end, from all the stuff you've mentioned, I think the only thing that will be present (but not in the next release) are the puzzles of R.Alph, but not as a minigame, but as a way to stick closer to the original game.

Glad to see you're back! You did an excellent job on that mini game there. It must have been a beast to script! O.o But I love the concept of mini games! They're just what the game needs! Keep on making them, is what I think. At least have three in total. You've already got two, so not much of a big deal, right? Anyways, once again, great job! And I look forward to playing b6 of SG! Which will, complete the game? Or will you go all the way up to a seventh?

But if I may express one comment/suggestion? This mini game... I think if you beat the thing on 'hard' you should get something more than money. Like a prize of some sort. You know, because money's great, but shouldn't the feeling of accomplishment be something more than buying a few hyper potions or rebuilding a PokéCenter? But, I suppose you've thought this over thoroughly and concluded that this is the best thing to do. So I won't try to tell you what to do. But anyways, great work!

-Foul

It wasnt that hard to script, because, compared to the digging minigame, there's only interaction with 14 tiles (unlike the digging where you interact with almost 60), interacting with less tiles means less repeatitive scripting, less variable using, and, in the end, the whole code was simpler.

Again, I planned 5 minigames, and I have finished 3 (I count the Feebas one as a minigame. Then there are the digging and matchup minigames), now I need to complete the next two.

B6 does not complete the game (but will complete, in terms of storyline, the original Gold. After B6, there will be the final release, which takes you a bit into this new region-like-island or something, to extend the story a bit more ('cause, not like I have added a lot of stuff to Kanto, and I really want to do a bit of "more original" stuff :P)

Again, not all minigames should just be based on items, diversity is something that should be appreciated. But, in any case, not like I really care a lot if you play this game or not, I was just more interested in knowing if you'd like a test to your memory skills, really ;P

---

I'll just check a bit more what's been going on, and hopefully tomorrow I'll be less tired to investigate something. If it works the way I think it'll work, I'll talk a bit about what the next minigame will be about. See ya!

[EDIT for lopinh0]: Beta5 is the newest one, it's the one at the bottom of the first post of this thread. On B5 the VS Seeker doesnt exist anymore as it got replaced, and as always, a new Beta is recommended to play from the beginning, but it's not completely necessary, however I wont be held responsible for any weird behaviour if you use an older Beta save on a newer Beta.

lopinh0
July 28th, 2008, 06:23 PM
and why we start the the mom, say... i will give the pokegear to u... and she give the VS. SEEKER...
??

Aussie Riolu
July 28th, 2008, 06:55 PM
It might just be a bad ROM that you have. Also, HM07 is in Ice Path, or else nobody would be able to get to Kanto. (Unless they cheated, but thats a different story)

Actually you don't need to get HM07 or use cheats. Goldeen learns Waterfall at level 38 and Seaking learns it at level 41.

Anyways, I like the new mini-game you made Zel, I wonder what happens when you complete the hardest mode? Do you get money or an item (or even a Pokemon :surprised:)
I hope I don't need to use Savestates to beat your mini game (I don't want a kick in the rear from Carlos :P)
I wish you good luck on Shiny Gold. :)

DarthSenorQueso
July 28th, 2008, 06:59 PM
um the clampearl lance gives you has it and you can catch whailmer with it.O-o

lopinh0
July 28th, 2008, 07:02 PM
thanks.. but i will have start a new game... bye

DietCokeSeeker
July 28th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Um, Zel. Is it possible to elminate the the return to the title screen after the Elite 4? This way people with save states won't complain?

MegaIan11
July 28th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Ok Zel, I found a program in internet and I can play now ^^

Thanks for the game, is better than Nintendo's game.

billi1000
July 29th, 2008, 12:00 AM
yo zel hows the hackin goin, its been a while that this thread was closed , finally its open again, so the new beta is on its way, k then good luck n best wishes on it. :P

hi sir tomato my password is syvniti
July 29th, 2008, 12:12 AM
(at least I know HackMew's OWE has a limit XD)

That's because the tool don't read from the "first" offset... You can just change the INI, file, the thing there would be most time spending on that is you would had to repoint ALL your orginal OW (151) or ruin the next data... But an easy solution would be just to swiss between two INI files you have made.... But Andrea (I gotta write that since it's an awesome name!) even putted he's source with the tool:surprised:
I don't know about a limit, But I would gues 256 if the sprite number can be storred in a singel byte... (But I don't know If that it's in a byte or a word)

Pugpeople
July 29th, 2008, 02:16 AM
Please can some1 help me. I patched shiny gold and fire red, but when i go to play the patched game the screen on vba goes white and it makes a loud beeping sound. please can some1 say what wrong and how i can fix this.
Thanks

Pugpeople

EJames2100
July 29th, 2008, 02:19 AM
I used to have that problem with a few hacks around here but I did something and it worked, only 1 thing I can think of;

Your patching the wrong hack language most hacks around here and based on the American Version (U)

This should be it, hope it helps :)

Banjora Marxvile
July 29th, 2008, 02:23 AM
Wow! The new minigames look awesome! Can't wait! Will beta 6 have all the legendarys in?

Pugpeople
July 29th, 2008, 02:24 AM
Thnx, ill try it now, your probalby right though.

pugpeople

Thanks so much, i was using american shiny gold and english fir red, lol....!

Thanks
Pugpeople

EJames2100
July 29th, 2008, 02:34 AM
Yeh I thought it would be that :) Have fun playing :)

shinygoldash
July 29th, 2008, 02:57 AM
zel, i think IF you did something, changing the sprite on easy so they're easier to see just on one setting.

Will there be a main quest and a few side ones?

Stalin Malone
July 29th, 2008, 05:25 AM
Have I mentioned yet that I absolutely love the trick house puzzles?

angelas
July 29th, 2008, 10:29 AM
I honestly can't wait till G/S/C music is in there. At least the battle themes.
They were the best, and a lot better than this repetitive fire red music.

Btw: Are you working with anybody to try and get the music in there?
Or is there someone willing to insert? There's a thread with lots of mp3 formatted g/s/c remakes but I can't link it.

DarthSenorQueso
July 29th, 2008, 11:05 AM
umm some of them are already.At least 4 are.

Νιτραμ
July 29th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Well, in the music department, I pwn you, Carlos XP

Anyway, this seems to be a really good hack, though I am not a fan of those DP tiles. if you plan to keep them, you should consider changing palettes to something more lively... You may have also noticed a few hacks in the past have used EXACTLY SAME tileset as yours. They were the copiers, but you can always come up with something better :P

Good luck!

angelas
July 29th, 2008, 02:23 PM
umm some of them are already.At least 4 are.
Battle themes or just town themes?

I've only spotted one Battle theme, a rival theme. (The first trainer you fight, forgot his name).

rj217
July 29th, 2008, 05:35 PM
what up zel. so far this hack has been nothing but fun. is there going to be a day/night system in b6?

zel 2.0
July 29th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Anyways, I like the new mini-game you made Zel, I wonder what happens when you complete the hardest mode? Do you get money or an item (or even a Pokemon :surprised:)
I hope I don't need to use Savestates to beat your mini game (I don't want a kick in the rear from Carlos :P)
I wish you good luck on Shiny Gold. :)

As I said before, it's just about money... $_$ (that, and just as a challenge to your skills, which you may or not may be up to), who said all the minigames should be interesting and profitable (anyway, since the minigame is challenging, specially on the harder modes, you may end up broke... :o )

Um, Zel. Is it possible to elminate the the return to the title screen after the Elite 4? This way people with save states won't complain?

Even if it gives me a lot of headaches, I wont take out that part (it bothers me enough that I cannot use that ending for after you beat Red at Mt.Silver)

Dont worry, because I'll be smarter on the next Beta, and I will replace the "Backup Memory" error message with a detailed explanation on what to do to not have problems (basically, what we've all been saying during a year+)

That's because the tool don't read from the "first" offset... You can just change the INI, file, the thing there would be most time spending on that is you would had to repoint ALL your orginal OW (151) or ruin the next data... But an easy solution would be just to swiss between two INI files you have made.... But Andrea (I gotta write that since it's an awesome name!) even putted he's source with the tool:surprised:
I don't know about a limit, But I would gues 256 if the sprite number can be storred in a singel byte... (But I don't know If that it's in a byte or a word)

All I remember is that I started adding stuff like crazy and suddenly OWE reached a point and stopped loading overworlds after a number (which I think it's the value you said, the obvious FF), but, whatever, I did that a lot of time ago, and I'm sure there's a lot of stuff I should read, then try again and see if I can organize myself better this time.

Wow! The new minigames look awesome! Can't wait! Will beta 6 have all the legendarys in?

Nope. It just has 2 capturable and 2 that you'll just see for now. The rest for the final release.

zel, i think IF you did something, changing the sprite on easy so they're easier to see just on one setting.

Will there be a main quest and a few side ones?

The thing is that I intentionally wanted them to not be that easy to figure them out, just to be trickier to your memory :P
That's why they'll stay as low-def as it was in the video.

Have I mentioned yet that I absolutely love the trick house puzzles?

I dont know, jaja! But it's good to hear that, since puzzles are not easy to come up with. I still dont know how the Trick Master manages to do it... XP

I honestly can't wait till G/S/C music is in there. At least the battle themes.
They were the best, and a lot better than this repetitive fire red music.

Btw: Are you working with anybody to try and get the music in there?
Or is there someone willing to insert? There's a thread with lots of mp3 formatted g/s/c remakes but I can't link it.

Just look at clonex's profile on Youtube, because the tracks he's been showing there will be inserted and will be heard just like that (his profile is something like kuronekusu or something like that... guess clonex was already used? XD)

Well, in the music department, I pwn you, Carlos XP

Anyway, this seems to be a really good hack, though I am not a fan of those DP tiles. if you plan to keep them, you should consider changing palettes to something more lively... You may have also noticed a few hacks in the past have used EXACTLY SAME tileset as yours. They were the copiers, but you can always come up with something better :P

Good luck!

Silly... You have a lot more of experience than I do, if you started adding music by the time I was starting to hack -o-

Lively palettes? Me? That doesnt combine too well, and I'm happy with my palettes. I wont change them even if other people use them, in fact, that's what lets me allow other people to use them if they like them (Why? Simply because I dont care about similarities, I'm just worried about liking what I have in my own game, and so far I think it's looking nice ;P)
That doesnt mean I'm not open to suggestions, just that it may be hard to make me change my mind (did I say I was stubborn? yep, a few times :P)

Battle themes or just town themes?

I've only spotted one Battle theme, a rival theme. (The first trainer you fight, forgot his name).

There are a few others, though not like they sound too good '-_-

---

Alrighty, I finished investigating what I needed and it seems I'll be able to do the next minigame without too much effort. What's it gonna be about? Well, after thinking a bit about FF6 (3 in the US), I dont know why, but I've gotten the image of when you fall through a waterfall while battling fishes (weird, I know), but I thought about a minigame where you (while surfing) will fall through a waterfall and you will need to avoid obstacles coming to crush your swift fall (if you hit an obstacle, you lose), and, along the way, there will be pokeballs and coins.

Well, I dont really want to get into too many details, as I also need to start implementing, just in case there are changes along the way, but that's basically the idea of what the next minigame will be about. Hope it works exactly as I want it to be because I'm quite excited about it :P

Apple Inc.
July 29th, 2008, 06:19 PM
I listened to the New Goldenrod and I must say I like the current one much more. The volume may be too high but it saves me the trouble of turning it up. XD It is just my favorite and hope it will stay.

Sounds
July 29th, 2008, 06:32 PM
honestly this is one of the best hacks there is,I wish u best of luck to finish it zel
(nd hopefully,make the trick house really hard to complete)

clonex25
July 29th, 2008, 11:42 PM
Just look at clonex's profile on Youtube, because the tracks he's been showing there will be inserted and will be heard just like that (his profile is something like kuronekusu or something like that... guess clonex was already used? XD)

The Youtube account is: kuronekkusu25 (clonex25 account is still mine, but now, I only use it for family use, hehe)

Yes, zel, you've read it right: TM08. Since Rock Smash is now HM, you may use its former slot for Whirlpool (since you've changed the TM set to GSC), so you can have Dive as HM08.

shinygoldash
July 30th, 2008, 01:07 AM
will there be certain quests on the new region?

.Seth
July 30th, 2008, 02:09 AM
This is absolutely my favorite hack.
Also, I'm making a hack of my own.
So watch out, zelly! :rambo:

Chimchar 9
July 30th, 2008, 03:54 AM
hey zel i have a question are you going to change the face you know in the region map cause i was just wondering. anyway i cant wait till beta 6 well good luck with it

kennyj92
July 30th, 2008, 06:31 AM
I like the sound of the new minigame! It sounds like a lot of fun, I wonder what that's gonna look like?

shinygoldash
July 30th, 2008, 06:48 AM
hey zel i have a question are you going to change the face you know in the region map cause i was just wondering. anyway i cant wait till beta 6 well good luck with it

I think he said he would somewhere and it's best to as it's the Fr one.

smashmaniac2008
July 30th, 2008, 06:52 AM
Hey when is Beta 6 coming?

Christos
July 30th, 2008, 07:13 AM
Hey when is Beta 6 coming?

Asking for release dates is against the rules.

Bludycomicsinc
July 30th, 2008, 07:35 AM
This game is awsome so far.This has to be my favorite hack.

Maxim
July 30th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Uh, Zel's back! Let's party!

I like the new game. Unneccessary but fun.

But I would prefer if the prize wasn't money but rather items/coins (with the earlier preferred by me). If it was for money, then it wouldn't be a minigame but rather a JOB.

It's a pity that FR/LG doesn't have room decoration. If it had, it would be just PERFECT prize.

Keep The Hack Up, anyway, I support you, as always.

Ryousha
July 30th, 2008, 08:53 AM

But I would prefer if the prize wasn't money but rather items/coins (with the earlier preferred by me). If it was for money, then it wouldn't be a minigame but rather a JOB.

It's a pity that FR/LG doesn't have room decoration. If it had, it would be just PERFECT prize.

But the room decoration was just a bunch of scripts,wasnt it? It isnt a system like(game corner thing.), It sorts of uses sprites, and movements.

thealexsite
July 30th, 2008, 03:10 PM
I'm glad to see the thread's open and that hacking has re-commenced (again). Hope you can make progress over the summer Zel.

anonomois
July 30th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Of course, the game is magnificent; however, it's my nature to be pedantic and thusly aware you that the phone booths should read 'Whom do you wish to call?' and not 'Who do you wish to call?'.

deathmoon
July 30th, 2008, 07:10 PM
That egg contains a random pokemon, for example I got a pichu from it.... I wish the new minigame had more incentive. I look foward to having challenging gym fights, some were quite easy, and yet some were hard, like Janine.... I hope more pokemon are put in there like beldum... Me wants Metagross >.< ...... Good luck with the next beta

CrashmanX
July 30th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Congraulations, I have to say this is one of the BEST Hacks i have ever played. Although I have one problem, I cant play it on my DS. But Other than that it is a great game.

Nikko.Ideator
July 30th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Oh, and Zel. Do you already have the music for Elm's lab and Burnt Tower? Also, what are you going to do with the Pokemon sprites? I noticed you changed the starters. Are you going to edit the rest of the Johto Pokemon? I thought it would be cool if you'd change the Kanto Pokemon's sprite to their R/S ones. Since the R/S ones were the default, and they only edited the 1st gen ones because they were remaking the 1st gen. Just an idea. I love the hack. It's a very "authentic" GS remake experience. Excited for beta 6.

-Nikko.

Magnius
July 31st, 2008, 01:50 AM
Made a National Park remix that could possibly be in this game if clonex25 hasn't already done it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgcyGdhp1is

Sisyphaean
July 31st, 2008, 05:15 AM
Glad to see this thread is up and running again! I've been lurking on this thread since Beta 4, and one of the first things I did when I registered was to download the hack. Shiny Gold is one of the greatest hacks out there, IMO, and I can't wait to see it finished!

I do have a question, though. Where is this new minigame going to be located?

alureon
July 31st, 2008, 05:37 PM
Beta 6 is going to be great. Nice minigames Zel they are awesome. Anyway was wondering if you were going to put the Day Night System, The Johto Battle Tower, Pokemon Contest Halls in major city's ??

Contest halls would be good because Fire Red already has a contest ribbon page, and also the contest moveset page, in the Pokemon page. Fire Red had these features but failed to implement contests making it exclusive to RSE. If your afraid you'd run out of sprites for contests then take off the showoff round which is part 1, and just put in part 2 contest moves that way you save sprites. If not put em all and it be even more beastly with part 1 and 2 =). I always went to the museum to view them paintings and see ribbons and records. If you were to add a museum with the contest hall's it be awesome just like the trick house added.

Fire Red lacked berry plants. If you use the original ruby berry's and replace the current ones, then you can make pokeblocks for Pokemon Contests, in addition to keeping the original gold berry's effects. This way your adding more berry's, keeping the original sprites and the original gold version effect berry's. The only change was the names with the conversion of GSC to RSE with the new berries. You can replace the 2nd generation berry tree sprite with the 3rd generation trees making it look more aesthetic complete berry system that actually blends in with your graphics. Then you can use the sudowodo pail to water them.

Anyways its great as it is, just putting ideas that might be fun since it sounds like Pokémon contest mini game lol with ruby berry system, its a great hack thanks for making it yo and the weather effects are awesome =).

Da Man
August 1st, 2008, 12:41 AM
Hey Zel about wild pokemon locations, are they gonna be based on Gold/Silver, Crystal or a mix of both (exception of Hoenn pokemon since they don't normally appear in Jhoto).

For example in Crystal Ariados appears on route 37 while Furret & Venomoth on Route 43 but all 3 can only be found in Kanto in Gold & Silver.

Nifrankavam
August 1st, 2008, 04:15 AM
Hey zel. awesome hack, but please fix the bad egg glitch. it messed up my whole game.

Also, i'd love to help with making the new item sprites.

dirk123
August 1st, 2008, 04:49 AM
Hey Zel about wild pokemon locations, are they gonna be based on Gold/Silver, Crystal or a mix of both (exception of Hoenn pokemon since they don't normally appear in Jhoto).

For example in Crystal Ariados appears on route 37 while Furret & Venomoth on Route 43 but all 3 can only be found in Kanto in Gold & Silver.

Zel said that all pokemon locations will be the same as in Gold.
With Hoenn pokemon as rare encounters a every route/cave etc

Magnius
August 1st, 2008, 04:59 AM
New Elm's Lab Remix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orGP0QTxFIo

rj217
August 1st, 2008, 07:23 AM
nice hack so far. but what about night day system

SamieNiceGuy
August 1st, 2008, 08:28 AM
day night system. read the first post. where he gives awnsers to people question. he said maybe. but a posibility about day and night going in to the game. :)

Da Man
August 1st, 2008, 01:23 PM
Zel said that all pokemon locations will be the same as in Gold.
With Hoenn pokemon as rare encounters a every route/cave etc

I knew that the Hoenn pokemon were rare.

What about the pokemon that can only be found in Silver:
Ekans
Arbok
Vulpix
Ninetales
Meowth
Persian
Ledyba
Ledian
Delibird
Skarmory
Phanpy
Donphan
Lugia

Will they be in Shiny Gold too?

Crosell
August 1st, 2008, 01:35 PM

Ekans
Arbok
Vulpix
Ninetales
Meowth
Persian
Ledyba
Ledian
Delibird
Skarmory
Phanpy
Donphan
Lugia

First post says that all pokemon are catchable, so yes =p

Nifrankavam
August 1st, 2008, 03:06 PM
Hey zel i was just wondering if there was a way to catch deoxys in the game. This video shows it but it looks kinda fake. Can you verify it?

Stalin Malone
August 1st, 2008, 03:42 PM
What legends will be in b6? Not asking where/how just curious on which legends you can get.

DietCokeSeeker
August 1st, 2008, 09:03 PM

Lugia

Lugia was in Gold, silly. It's not availble in SG yet (well I can't confirm that) and is caught after going to Kanto in GSC.

Also, is there anyway to challenge trainers immediately in Beta 5 or do I actually have to be patient? Also, I manned up and started over. I guess it helps me appreciate the beta more.

deathmoon
August 1st, 2008, 10:55 PM
Lugia was in Gold, silly. It's not availble in SG yet (well I can't confirm that) and is caught after going to Kanto in GSC.

Also, is there anyway to challenge trainers immediately in Beta 5 or do I actually have to be patient? Also, I manned up and started over. I guess it helps me appreciate the beta more.

We can't reach pewter city, yet so no lugia. I may consider starting over again, since the game has gotten rather boring, since I've done everything.

Platinum Lucario
August 1st, 2008, 11:22 PM
Hi Zel, it's good to see the thread is reopened again, I haven't been viewing the Hacks Showcase lately.
But I really can't wait for Beta 6 to be released and nether can anyone, and also I'm wondering how long those mini game scripts are because I'm pretty sure that they're very long.
And good luck with Shiny Gold.

GeorgeLama
August 1st, 2008, 11:37 PM
The remake has loads of music tracks that just seem umm...out of place, there are others that are so high in volume, that it makes the other tracks that were originally in-game seem silent if you get what I mean. Whoever is making those should be fired from your team or something, just try using the ones Nintendo composed because the new ones you added are just horrible, may I suggest something? there are hidden theme songs in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire and Emerald that you could use, most of them are Johto themes, and never have been used before, and that would make the hack feel a little less generic. I mean...I feel like I'm playing something that's been rushed sometimes, the good points of this hack are its story, graphics and gameplay, I also noticed you changed sprites for some Pokemon which is great but please consider the music too, it's an important element too you know, and it also reflects how much effort you have put in to suit the game's atmosphere, please use better music. Get the ones unused from R/S/E, that will help it improve a lot, anyways thanks for listening.

SerenadeDS
August 1st, 2008, 11:41 PM
The remake has loads of music tracks that just seem umm...out of place, there are others that are so high in volume, that it makes the other tracks that were originally in-game seem silent if you get what I mean. Whoever is making those should be fired from your team or something, just try using the ones Nintendo composed because the new ones you added are just horrible.

I really don't think that is the composer's problem. It's the way the ROM handles the new music being inserted.

billi1000
August 2nd, 2008, 01:23 AM
The remake has loads of music tracks that just seem umm...out of place, there are others that are so high in volume, that it makes the other tracks that were originally in-game seem silent if you get what I mean. Whoever is making those should be fired from your team or something, just try using the ones Nintendo composed because the new ones you added are just horrible, may I suggest something? there are hidden theme songs in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire and Emerald that you could use, most of them are Johto themes, and never have been used before, and that would make the hack feel a little less generic. I mean...I feel like I'm playing something that's been rushed sometimes, the good points of this hack are its story, graphics and gameplay, I also noticed you changed sprites for some Pokemon which is great but please consider the music too, it's an important element too you know, and it also reflects how much effort you have put in to suit the game's atmosphere, please use better music. Get the ones unused from R/S/E, that will help it improve a lot, anyways thanks for listening.

yo man, if u realized this is a ***BETA***, this means than there are still errors found in the game, besides, no one from the begining of this post till the end commented about this fact but u so it can very well be that the rom u have is the problem of because of patching.

[.εternity]
August 2nd, 2008, 03:40 AM
And of course,the remixes from b6 are very good,those from b5 aren't so good.And Zel is just a starter in inserting music,so that's why the rom acts weird with music.So it's not the composer's fault and he shouldn't be fired at all.All the remixes clonex and magnius and birdofdna made are wonderful.

LiquidR
August 2nd, 2008, 07:22 AM

No Lugia was in Silver, Ho-Oh was catchable in Gold

Ryousha
August 2nd, 2008, 07:53 AM

No, they're in both games cept

Silver-
Lugia 45
Ho oh 75

Gold
Ho-oh 45
Lugia 75

dirk123
August 2nd, 2008, 08:00 AM

Lugio & Ho-oh are both in Gold and Silver.

Gold: You get the Rainbow Feather from the Radio Tower manager in Goldenrod after saving him. You can then enter the tower to capture Ho-oh.
When you arrive in Kanto, you can get the Silver Wing from an old guy in Pewter City (ion a house. Then you go back to Johto and capture Lugia.

Silver is the opposite. The Radio tower manager gives you the Silver Wing to battle/capture Lugia and the man in Pewter gives you the Rainbow feather.

Crystal is more wackier. You get the Crystal Bell from the Radio Tower Manager, so you can go to the tower. But you must capture the 3 Legendary Dogs/Cats/Gerbils/Whatever to make the stairs appear (Suicune battle in the tower itself). Silver Wing is at the same location as Gold.

As you can see, Lugia and Ho-oh were in all versions!!!

Apple Inc.
August 2nd, 2008, 11:15 AM
Hey zel i was just wondering if there was a way to catch deoxys in the game. This video shows it but it looks kinda fake. Can you verify it?

Yes it is a fake. Somebody hacked the hack. I asked this before so I should know.

Magnius
August 2nd, 2008, 11:58 AM
WIP of my GSC Kanto Battle Theme Remix. It is actually a lot different than the one used in RBY and Fire Red.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y7TWVwH3TE

The Gym Theme for Kanto in GSC is also slightly different and I'll probably remix that too.

Da Man
August 2nd, 2008, 01:04 PM
WIP of my GSC Kanto Battle Theme Remix. It is actually a lot different than the one used in RBY and Fire Red.

The Gym Theme for Kanto in GSC is also slightly different and I'll probably remix that too.

It just so happens that I was thinking what a Kanto Remix would sound like for this hack today o_O.

Anyway, not saying that this is better but I found a good Gym Leader remix:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfpQ7hy-1vw&feature=related

GeorgeLama
August 2nd, 2008, 04:33 PM
Okay, seems my music improvement idea was hated and I know you guys appreciate what Zel's doing but you're not helping at all by saying that everything's okay, it's a beta I know that pretty well, and that's why we need to point out the problems...anyways Nintendo will make a remake in the end so why do I bother, wait correction, why does Zel even bother?...

poddish
August 2nd, 2008, 06:25 PM
well... he kind of is,
but it has WAY more stuff that the original had and improves more than fire red and leaf green did.

I also have an idea for a minigame,
you know the "money making game" in "The Legend of Zelda"
thats my idea
if you don't,
it gives you three choices and you pick one one gives you 30 rupees (l.o.z. money) and the others take 10 from you
I was thinking of using game corner coins for the prize and cost but you can change whatever you feel like changing...

clonex25
August 2nd, 2008, 07:28 PM
I also noticed you changed sprites for some Pokemon which is great but please consider the music too, it's an important element too you know, and it also reflects how much effort you have put in to suit the game's atmosphere, please use better music. Get the ones unused from R/S/E, that will help it improve a lot, anyways thanks for listening.

Hmm.. (cries...joke!)

Zel himself told us in the thread (the older one) that he won't use the unused tracks because he finds it too lame <PERIOD>

Also, you cannot use any instrument you want in-game. There are different voicegroup offsets in the game that utilizes certain instruments, and one has a unique set from the other.

And also, try to insert any MIDI in Sappy so you'll know what I mean.

Anyways, nice comment. This move us to make SG music EVEN BETTER.

EDIT: It's not in the thread, but in a PM to me months ago (hehe)

~Poke~
August 3rd, 2008, 01:09 AM
This hack is great

one question.
I've got an old version, but i'm gonna start again. what is the difference between

ShinyGoldB5_ByZel.zip‎ (507.5 KB, 12841 views)

ShinyGold_X_B5_ByZel.zip‎ (507.5 KB, 6006 views)

sirboulevard
August 3rd, 2008, 01:14 AM
what is the difference between

ShinyGoldB5_ByZel.zip‎ (507.5 KB, 12841 views)

ShinyGold_X_B5_ByZel.zip‎ (507.5 KB, 6006 views)

This is kinda an old question, but here's the answer: SG Beta 5 is the first one, thats the normal version of Shiny Gold. The second one is Shiny Gold X Beta 5 which is a harder version of the game with harder opponents, some of whom have different pokes than they used to have, if you like a challenge.

DarthSenorQueso
August 3rd, 2008, 08:20 AM
Okay, seems my music improvement idea was hated and I know you guys appreciate what Zel's doing but you're not helping at all by saying that everything's okay, it's a beta I know that pretty well, and that's why we need to point out the problems...anyways Nintendo will make a remake in the end so why do I bother, wait correction, why does Zel even bother?...

1.Cuase hes a nice guy?
2.Hes doing a better job then nintendo would.
3.It passes time.
4.It's funny to hear people complain about years of work?
5.Thse remixes are amazing besides the slight volume problem.:\
6.All those side quests and minigames and rivals are just amazing.^^

Pac
August 3rd, 2008, 11:27 AM
Made a National Park remix that could possibly be in this game if clonex25 hasn't already done it.I think the instruments need to be a little stronger; it just all seems a little too relaxed or something, however it's very accurate.

New Elm's Lab RemixVery NES-ish. It doesn't sound bad, it actually sounds really good, but instruments could use a change. Very accurate.

WIP of my GSC Kanto Battle Theme Remix. It is actually a lot different than the one used in RBY and Fire Red.Wow! I like this a lot! There's something that sounds slightly off about it, like a few notes are missing or something (might be the gameplay noises doing that though), but it's very well done. I'd love to see a remix of the GSC Kanto trainer battle tune, too.

I'm also very glad to see that the GSC Kanto music is being used for this rather than just the FR music.

The remake has loads of music tracks that just seem umm...out of place, there are others that are so high in volume, that it makes the other tracks that were originally in-game seem silent if you get what I mean. Whoever is making those should be fired from your team or something, just try using the ones Nintendo composed because the new ones you added are just horrible, may I suggest something? there are hidden theme songs in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire and Emerald that you could use, most of them are Johto themes, and never have been used before, and that would make the hack feel a little less generic. I mean...I feel like I'm playing something that's been rushed sometimes, the good points of this hack are its story, graphics and gameplay, I also noticed you changed sprites for some Pokemon which is great but please consider the music too, it's an important element too you know, and it also reflects how much effort you have put in to suit the game's atmosphere, please use better music. Get the ones unused from R/S/E, that will help it improve a lot, anyways thanks for listening.How about doing some research (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=139756) before complaining about something that has already been fixed?

And do you have to repeat your points three times in a post? We got it the first time.

Okay, seems my music improvement idea was hated and I know you guys appreciate what Zel's doing but you're not helping at all by saying that everything's okay, it's a beta I know that pretty well, and that's why we need to point out the problems...anyways Nintendo will make a remake in the end so why do I bother, wait correction, why does Zel even bother?...Haha wow, did you even read the posts stating clearly that the music is already being worked on?

Anyway, excellent work on Beta 5, Zel, and your work since then seems promising, keep it up. Very much looking forward to the next release.

zel 2.0
August 3rd, 2008, 01:58 PM
Yes, zel, you've read it right: TM08. Since Rock Smash is now HM, you may use its former slot for Whirlpool (since you've changed the TM set to GSC), so you can have Dive as HM08.

Because I'm sure I replaced TM08 with some other move (as I said, the TM list of SG is just a mix of the original Gold + the FR list), I dont think I want to take out one of the TM moves to make room for Whirlpool and at the same time keep HM08.

will there be certain quests on the new region?

There's one main quest and then there would be a few small sidequests (mainly related to items leading to the legendaries and so on)

Since I'm sure one day the hero's OW will be replaced, I'm not gonna change that yet into something that will be replaced again.

I like the sound of the new minigame! It sounds like a lot of fun, I wonder what that's gonna look like?

Like you falling down a waterfall. But, technically, I'm still not sure :P

"Money makes the world work"

What I mean is that, if I could do something about room decorating (which is not something as wacky as it seemed a year ago), I'm sure you'd need money. If more items would be available, I'm sure you'd need money. See? In the end, money acts as a wildcard for the access to all the rest of the stuff, that's why this minigame will keep working on the idea of using money as its engine :)

Of course, the game is magnificent; however, it's my nature to be pedantic and thusly aware you that the phone booths should read 'Whom do you wish to call?' and not 'Who do you wish to call?'.

Alright, I do what I can with my English skills, I'm sure there are a lot of errors like the one you mention. Fixed.

That egg contains a random pokemon, for example I got a pichu from it.... I wish the new minigame had more incentive. I look foward to having challenging gym fights, some were quite easy, and yet some were hard, like Janine.... I hope more pokemon are put in there like beldum... Me wants Metagross >.< ...... Good luck with the next beta

At least, we'll have a stronger and more challenging E4 (in the "X"), courtesy of your high-leveled-battler Aquilae.

Oh, and Zel. Do you already have the music for Elm's lab and Burnt Tower? Also, what are you going to do with the Pokemon sprites? I noticed you changed the starters. Are you going to edit the rest of the Johto Pokemon? I thought it would be cool if you'd change the Kanto Pokemon's sprite to their R/S ones. Since the R/S ones were the default, and they only edited the 1st gen ones because they were remaking the 1st gen. Just an idea. I love the hack. It's a very "authentic" GS remake experience. Excited for beta 6.

-Nikko.

Just remember spriting and music edition are not my departments, so most of those questions could be answered by Marnic, clonex and Magnius.

As far as I remember, I think Marnic only wanted to resprite the Johto Pokemon, as in the end, they are the important ones in Gold.

I do have a question, though. Where is this new minigame going to be located?

I'm not gonna reveal that info, because I'm sure it'll be easy to spot where they are located, as long as you are the type of gamer who explores everything.

Beta 6 is going to be great. Nice minigames Zel they are awesome. Anyway was wondering if you were going to put the Day Night System, The Johto Battle Tower, Pokemon Contest Halls in major city's ??

Contest halls would be good because Fire Red already has a contest ribbon page, and also the contest moveset page, in the Pokemon page. Fire Red had these features but failed to implement contests making it exclusive to RSE. If your afraid you'd run out of sprites for contests then take off the showoff round which is part 1, and just put in part 2 contest moves that way you save sprites. If not put em all and it be even more beastly with part 1 and 2 =). I always went to the museum to view them paintings and see ribbons and records. If you were to add a museum with the contest hall's it be awesome just like the trick house added.

Fire Red lacked berry plants. If you use the original ruby berry's and replace the current ones, then you can make pokeblocks for Pokemon Contests, in addition to keeping the original gold berry's effects. This way your adding more berry's, keeping the original sprites and the original gold version effect berry's. The only change was the names with the conversion of GSC to RSE with the new berries. You can replace the 2nd generation berry tree sprite with the 3rd generation trees making it look more aesthetic complete berry system that actually blends in with your graphics. Then you can use the sudowodo pail to water them.

Anyways its great as it is, just putting ideas that might be fun since it sounds like Pokémon contest mini game lol with ruby berry system, its a great hack thanks for making it yo and the weather effects are awesome =).

Not like I'm planning to make FR turn into RSE. Since it lacks all the functions you are mentioning, it wont be possible to do most of the stuff you suggest. Specially, the lack of a clock makes it impossible to do a real-time remake in FR, leading to no berry system like in RSE and no day/night system (though there could be something similar but we are not sure)

I use a mix of both, if it showed up on a route on Gold, it'll show up on the same route on SG. And if a different Poke showed up on the same route in Silver, it'll be added as well on the same route in SG. Just that you can expect the Poke to be a bit rarer.

What legends will be in b6? Not asking where/how just curious on which legends you can get.

Lugia, obviously. And the rest... Why would I ruin the fun of discovering them while playing?

I'm sure I'm gonna lower the rarity of getting rematches, a bit. But not like I want them to happen each two seconds, people'd just abuse them.

Hi Zel, it's good to see the thread is reopened again, I haven't been viewing the Hacks Showcase lately.
But I really can't wait for Beta 6 to be released and nether can anyone, and also I'm wondering how long those mini game scripts are because I'm pretty sure that they're very long.
And good luck with Shiny Gold.

The last scripts I've done were really long, indeed. But I guess the next two will be shorter (at least, I know the next one will be shorter, according to my pseudo-code)

well... he kind of is,
but it has WAY more stuff that the original had and improves more than fire red and leaf green did.

I also have an idea for a minigame,
you know the "money making game" in "The Legend of Zelda"
thats my idea
if you don't,
it gives you three choices and you pick one one gives you 30 rupees (l.o.z. money) and the others take 10 from you
I was thinking of using game corner coins for the prize and cost but you can change whatever you feel like changing...

I know what you are talking about, but I guess it'd be a bit too obvious where I'm getting the idea from, and it's not like all the games are gonna be money-based. We just need to balance them all.

About that discussion...

And, not like I'm gonna get into a discussion about what happens with music and all that stuff. To stop the whole topic let's just leave it at a "we'll keep improving them" and that's it, OK?

---

Onto updates, I've pseudo-coded the next minigame and finished mapping the area where the game will be located. I'm guessing it looks a bit unrealistic, but as long as the game ends up being entertaining that's all I'm gonna worry about. That's all for now.

+Sneasel™
August 3rd, 2008, 02:42 PM
Well, I haven't posted here in a long time, but after watching a video of the pick and hammer minigame, I just had to say something. *90 thumbs up* This is such an awesome and original idea! What has me thinking now is how you did it, I can understand a small part of it, what I'm most curious on is how you changed your own player's OW. I can't wait for others to come, and I definetly can't wait for beta 6! Best of luck!

DietCokeSeeker
August 3rd, 2008, 03:19 PM
Zel, I found a glitch.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/hypershadow56/th_glitchsgteleport.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v504/hypershadow56/?action=view&current=glitchsgteleport.flv)

LiquidR
August 3rd, 2008, 11:22 PM
Zel, I found a glitch.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/hypershadow56/th_glitchsgteleport.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v504/hypershadow56/?action=view&current=glitchsgteleport.flv)

so what is the glitch? I've watched the clip a couple of times but I didn't see it.

Not like I'm planning to make FR turn into RSE. Since it lacks all the functions you are mentioning, it wont be possible to do most of the stuff you suggest. Specially, the lack of a clock makes it impossible to do a real-time remake in FR, leading to no berry system like in RSE and no day/night system (though there could be something similar but we are not sure).

Why don't you create the Day/Night System based on the ammount of steps the player makes. Just like with the eggs. If a player has made i.e. 50.000 steps then enters and leaving a building/cave it will change from day to night and visa verca. When it changed, reset the stepcounter to zero.

Pac
August 4th, 2008, 01:25 AM
so what is the glitch? I've watched the clip a couple of times but I didn't see it.The player is supposed to teleport to Mahogony; not Blackthorn.

Why don't you create the Day/Night System based on the ammount of steps the player makes.I like this idea.

[.εternity]
August 4th, 2008, 01:53 AM
Why don't you create the Day/Night System based on the ammount of steps the player makes. Just like with the eggs. If a player has made i.e. 50.000 steps then enters and leaving a building/cave it will change from day to night and visa verca. When it changed, reset the stepcounter to zero.
Excellent idea!But 50.000 steps would be far too much!Maybe make it 15.000?So the cycle wouldn't be that rare.Anyway thumbs up for the idea!

DarthWaffles
August 4th, 2008, 03:28 AM
Wow, just started playing. Best heck I've played in a long time. Well, I haven't played that many hacks but still.

Good ol' GSC days. Excellent Hack, keep going.

=)

Magnius
August 4th, 2008, 04:50 AM
Mostly complete Cherrygroove remix for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8Bi53_XCPc

Sarcastic Prince
August 4th, 2008, 05:03 AM
Really, really, good music!! You and Clonex are the best remixers!!

flicky1991
August 4th, 2008, 05:48 AM
Hey, what happened to my post?
I need to know where to get a FireRed ROM so I can use this hack. Can someone help, please?

Christos
August 4th, 2008, 05:56 AM
Hey, what happened to my post?
I need to know where to get a FireRed ROM so I can use this hack. Can someone help, please?

Asking for ROMs is against the rules, and that is probably the reason your previous post was deleted.

flicky1991
August 4th, 2008, 06:05 AM
Ah, I didn't realise. Sorry!

Green Charizard
August 4th, 2008, 09:18 AM
I'm really glad to see you're still dedicated to this Zel. It's been a lot of work for you and it's great to see you finally getting there. It's ground-breaking.

The mini-games look great, it's great to see the original things from you, expecially as the whole project is a remake. In fact, I feel a lot of your talent is really restrained on this project, so I'm really excited to see what you've got planned for the final release with the (I quote) "new region-like-island or something".

But, yeah, it's still brillant work Zel, and I'm still watching intently.

Good luck as always.
~GC

Mattysaurus
August 4th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Hey Zel, I dont know if this has been answered but will there be gyms on this new "new region-like-island"?
Anyways, I love the remix of Goldenrod City cause it was my favorite tune in the G/S/C days.

Da Man
August 4th, 2008, 11:23 AM
[I use a mix of both, if it showed up on a route on Gold, it'll show up on the same route on SG. And if a different Poke showed up on the same route in Silver, it'll be added as well on the same route in SG. Just that you can expect the Poke to be a bit rarer.

So what about Crystal? Will the 3 mentioned pokemon appear in those 2 routes in Shiny Gold? (along with some other pokemon that are on other routes in Crystal)

Banjora Marxvile
August 4th, 2008, 11:50 AM
he said only pokemon appear on routes if they did in Gold. If they didn't appear on that route in gold, they won't appear in this game on that route.

Craver
August 4th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Che Carlos!
Why not better an other simple idea, for example an Racer Bike.
Tomorrow, maybe, i'll show you the images of this possible game. Of course, i'f you like.
=D

torinsafaggot
August 4th, 2008, 04:11 PM
OMG! Best game ever!!!! Only one problem. shiny gold X is to easy :(((( All my people are at lv 100, and i have over 130 pokemon.Make it really hard XD!!!!!!! and its sooo short grrr, i love it hurry up and finish it or ill kill you!!! ><

Magnius
August 4th, 2008, 04:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUTcgYfZh8k

Pretty much finished remix of Cherrygrove. Looping on the synth track isn't perfect, but it works.

NomadSPG
August 4th, 2008, 05:55 PM
This rmx sounds great! I want it in SG!

Sarcastic Prince
August 5th, 2008, 04:42 AM
OMG! Best game ever!!!! Only one problem. shiny gold X is to easy :( All my people are at lv 100, and i have over 130 pokemon.Make it really hard XD!!!!!!! and its sooo short grrr, i love it hurry up and finish it or ill kill you!!! ><

You can't force a hacker to speed up his/her's work. And, SGX is easy? Ur jokin' right? LV.100 Pokemon? You must have cheated.
Comments about Magnius' video: Very Good, just like before!!
@NomadSPG The music from Clonex's and Magnius' music will be added to SGX.

Mar876
August 5th, 2008, 05:59 AM
Great hack everyone still loves it, when will beta 6 come out Zel? plz reply.

http://img26.picoodle.com/img/img26/4/7/20/f_ShinyGoldSum_ca42681.png (http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=100537)http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn248/GKSthehacker/banner1.png

Christos
August 5th, 2008, 07:12 AM
Great hack everyone still loves it, when will beta 6 come out Zel? plz reply.

Asking for release dates is against the rules.

KillaKoopa
August 5th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Woah, I remember seeing this thread in like 2004 or something. I might download the beta later. It looks great so far.

LiquidR
August 5th, 2008, 09:21 AM
I like this idea.

Thnx, I was figuring it out and realised that something is possible in a way that doesn't involve a time-based flag. If, and mean IF, it works, it is also possible to do some time-based events if a person made that ammount of steps.

Excellent idea!But 50.000 steps would be far too much!Maybe make it 15.000?So the cycle wouldn't be that rare.Anyway thumbs up for the idea!

it was just an example, but thnx for the thumbs up :P

pizzakoe
August 5th, 2008, 10:37 AM

The very first part, when you hear: C;B;Bes - C;D;Cis;C;B.

(I don't know if Bes and Cis are called that in English, but Cis is the black note after the C, and Bes is the black note before the B)

I thinks it's way too loud! (well, the instrument playing that part is too loud)
When I played pokemon Gold I remember a more faster part at the beginning(which in your remix I hear very soft)
I think you should make that part a bit Louder, and leave the slower part more in the backgroud.

(If you know what I mean.)

Wish you luck with all your next sound work!

-Pizzakoe-

DJharm
August 5th, 2008, 10:52 AM
I have a question where can I catch entei in the wild ?
and how can I see him ?

Superjub
August 5th, 2008, 11:34 AM
I like the idea for the new minigame.
Also, DJharm, after releasing him from burned tower, you'll find him randomly in a route on Johto, actually, you'll see its sprite. Talk to it and then you'll battle, I think XD

mr burger
August 5th, 2008, 05:18 PM
does any1 now were to get tm 50 brick break in this game???

shaqattacks
August 5th, 2008, 05:32 PM
The gsc wild battle theme will be better if it had more instruments (obviously it's a wip). I have no complaints for the others except for colnex25's gsc champion battle theme because it should be low pitched (hope that's not off topic but's it's going to be in SG).

billi1000
August 5th, 2008, 10:28 PM
yo zel, so hows the hackin goin, and anyways although its better to improve the sound quality of the game music ofcourse that would make it a better game, but still since the hack is in the beta stage, maybe u would want to consintrate on somethin else n leave it till the end, do u consider puttin a day night system in the game?