PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

destinedjagold
August 5th, 2008, 10:32 PM
yo zel, so hows the hackin goin, and anyways although its better to improve the sound quality of the game music ofcourse that would make it a better game, but still since the hack is in the beta stage, maybe u would want to consintrate on somethin else n leave it till the end, do u consider puttin a day night system in the game?

ahem...

About that discussion...

And, not like I'm gonna get into a discussion about what happens with music and all that stuff. To stop the whole topic let's just leave it at a "we'll keep improving them" and that's it, OK?

anyways, I agree having a day/night system would be cool.

Emoney
August 5th, 2008, 10:50 PM
how come i cant find the 3 dog things ive been looking for them for days now can they even be found in this beta?
oh but this is the best pokemon game ive played nice job!!!!

deathmoon
August 6th, 2008, 12:53 AM
I discovered something akward while playing today, I have a vs. seeker, and I'm playing beta 5.....

[.εternity]
August 6th, 2008, 01:14 AM
Old problem,patching beta 5 over beta 4...

Magnius
August 6th, 2008, 02:11 AM
lol I might even take a stab at some of the songs Clonex25 already did now. No offense to him, but while he has a lot of good remix, I did listen to a few I felt didn't fit.

CharFeralScep
August 6th, 2008, 04:10 AM
Hey just a few questions, i would search but it doesnt respond at times and when it does its really slow so not trying to be lazy. I just wanna know if and where you get Bagon, if you can get the final evolutions of Electabuzz and Magmar, and finally where you get Metal Coat.

Thanks guys.

Banjora Marxvile
August 6th, 2008, 04:18 AM
Hey just a few questions, i would search but it doesnt respond at times and when it does its really slow so not trying to be lazy. I just wanna know if and where you get Bagon, if you can get the final evolutions of Electabuzz and Magmar, and finally where you get Metal Coat.

Thanks guys.

You get the Metal Coat after talking to the old man in fromt of the big building in Vermillion, after the SS Aqua trip/crash. You cannot get the final evos of Electabuzz or Magmar. As for Bagon, I don't know.

destinedjagold
August 6th, 2008, 04:37 AM
I just wanna know if and where you get Bagon, if you can get the final evolutions of Electabuzz and Magmar,

if by final evolutions of Electabuzz and Magmar, you mean Electivire and Magmortar, then they're not in the game.
Zel's not planning on adding D/P pokes, since Shiny Gold's tradable between FireRed/LeafGreen, what would possibly happen. :\

Banjora Marxvile
August 6th, 2008, 04:39 AM
if by final evolutions of Electabuzz and Magmar, you mean Electivire and Magmortar, then they're not in the game.
Zel's not planning on adding D/P pokes, since Shiny Gold's tradable between FireRed/LeafGreen, what would possibly happen. :\

Well, if D/P pokemon were added and traded onto Firered, well it would turn into the monster that you replaced. Like on your hack Reign of Legends, Torterra became Victreebel.

Anyway, I'm glad that there are no D/P pokemon in Shiny Gold. It would make it worse and it is near perfect as it is!

MasterLucario13
August 6th, 2008, 06:16 AM
dammit, i dotn have a firered disc

Tuskin
August 6th, 2008, 07:01 AM
Anyone have a hard time catching Mudkip? I run into a Lv. 1 Mudkip (not say where so you guys can find out) I get its health down to 2-3 pixels (with the screensize at 1x probably 3-4 hp) i used 5 bloody pokeballs on it and it broke out of 3 of them with out shaking and 2 with 2 or 3 shakes.

The thing is last time I played the hack I caught Mudkip in one try. I have a Saved State on my encounter with Mudkip, I've tried at least 10 times already to catch the damn thing.

magicduck
August 6th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Someone help me. I'm a rookie!
I've defeat Elite Five and take the SS Ticket with Prof Elm, but I can't enter the Ship.
Apears this message:

"I'm sorry, but right now there is no ship at this port. One should be coming in a few minutes."
Link to screen: server4.lepszone.com/user/magicduck2/temp.jpg

How I can go to Kanto? I can't take the ship, there's no train in Goldenrod and there's a guard in exit before Victory Road...

Someone help. Please...
Thanks for this

Joao Victor
August 6th, 2008, 08:50 AM
I have a question where can I catch entei in the wild ?
and how can I see him ?

DJharm, just see the video in the first page, u release them from burned tower and if u have luck u see their overworld sprites, that's how u catch them ^^

Danman2327
August 6th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Bagon is a prize in Kanto's arcade... i forgot the town's name... also to go on the ship you have to wait awhile to go on it. I just kept leaving and re-entering the area and then the guy said I can go on it.

I have a problem-----I tried using action replay codes in gpsp(gba emulator on psp)and it didnt go in right. Now i cant use TM's and Berries and they dont show up. I can use HM's though. So does anyone have a code(d) for all TM'S and berries(in gpsp .cht file) because i think the action replay thing messed up the tm and berry numbers so that's why they dont show.(numbers like" ?64")

I saw a youtube video and they added a shadow lugia(it's sprites weren't that great though) to the game. Well there be anything added to shiny gold similar to this? I thought it would be cool. Since its"shiny gold" there could be a gold Ho-oh or something.

That was a long post...

YuuNoKami Saka
August 6th, 2008, 10:28 AM
WHOO! I am finally playing the GAME! I can not believe it! I am only just going to cherrygrove, but still! I love the invention of the Phone card and phones in different places. Not to mention the PokeBeeper. This would be even more awesome if Nintendo took it and ran with it for DS so you can do WiFi and send messages to eachother like that.

Verguil13
August 6th, 2008, 10:40 AM
This game is great. I love it. Even if Nintendo did remake the s/g/c games it probably wouldn't be this good.

koded
August 6th, 2008, 01:54 PM
B5_X end in fuchsia too?
im brazilian, help-me
i love this hack bro

Erimgard
August 6th, 2008, 02:45 PM
B5_X end in fuchsia too?
im brazilian, help-me
i love this hack bro
The "X" versions are the same length...just with harder trainers.
So yes, it ends in Fuchsia.

Goofnaguy
August 7th, 2008, 07:17 AM
can someone tell me if I can still find dunsparce in the dark cave (the one before violet city) like I could in the origional g/s/c and if it and the other swarm pokemon (yanma, marill, etc) have trainers that say when they are swarming or if it swarms at all? Maybe it just counts as a really rare pokemon that doesnt swarm? Someone help plz.

Banjora Marxvile
August 7th, 2008, 08:51 AM
i hate repeating this... All pokemon appear where they were in Gold (Silver exclusives appear where they were in Silver, and at least 1 Hoenn poke is in a route, although it is rare. Same with starters, rare.). So yes, Dunsparce is still in Dark Cave. And I don't think pokemon swarm in Shiny Gold.

Goofnaguy
August 7th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Okay thank you. (Drn that means the nosepass I found was rare...)

Banjora Marxvile
August 7th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Kind of rare. rarer than the pokemon yu'd find there on Gold and Silver, so quite rare.

trcutting
August 7th, 2008, 10:18 AM
I Love Youre Hacks, But could you please add some d/p pokemon that would be so cool

Banjora Marxvile
August 7th, 2008, 10:21 AM
I Love Youre Hacks, But could you please add some d/p pokemon that would be so cool

Zel said he wouln't add D/P pokemon. No point anyway in my opinion as it is already a cool game. Keep up the good work Zel! As it is a remake of Johto in the 3rd generation, whats the point of 4th gen pokemon? Anyway, their common in other hacks.

Evil 4 Life
August 7th, 2008, 11:47 AM
lol i feel really noobish asking this but can any1 tell me where or when u get waterfall? ty

ssj92
August 7th, 2008, 12:00 PM
lol i feel really noobish asking this but can any1 tell me where or when u get waterfall? ty

im pretty sure u get it in ice path

zel 2.0
August 7th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Why don't you create the Day/Night System based on the ammount of steps the player makes. Just like with the eggs. If a player has made i.e. 50.000 steps then enters and leaving a building/cave it will change from day to night and visa verca. When it changed, reset the stepcounter to zero.

The thing is, we've talked (Mastermind and me) about it and the only way we thought about it is by using the Play time (it's the most close to a clock we have), I dont know about steps, probably it could have the same result, but who knows. Anyway, the day/night system, if implemented, will probably be one of the last things to do in the game.

I'm really glad to see you're still dedicated to this Zel. It's been a lot of work for you and it's great to see you finally getting there. It's ground-breaking.

The mini-games look great, it's great to see the original things from you, expecially as the whole project is a remake. In fact, I feel a lot of your talent is really restrained on this project, so I'm really excited to see what you've got planned for the final release with the (I quote) "new region-like-island or something".

But, yeah, it's still brillant work Zel, and I'm still watching intently.

Good luck as always.
~GC

Thanks, GC. Nice to hear that from you (yeah, I'm a bit proud thanks to your comment, how silly... :P)

Anyway, nothing can stop me from having my touch into everything I do, it's something stronger than me, but, even if some people like that, I know there's others that wont, and it's tough to avoid that thought. I'll keep balancing everything as I can.

By the way, I have a few things planned for the island or whatever, but, I cant overdo it. I want more gametime, but also, I should leave some ideas for future generations :laugh:

Thanks, again.

Hey Zel, I dont know if this has been answered but will there be gyms on this new "new region-like-island"?
Anyways, I love the remix of Goldenrod City cause it was my favorite tune in the G/S/C days.

Nope, we had enough Gyms, and the island or something is not that big to hold many Gyms (and it'd be pointless to have only one or two, because on the other hand, is bigger than the islands in the Orange Archipielago), instead, I want this place to have a few areas that you need to do something in order to get access to the main location in the Island, where you'll probably be playing a good bunch of hours.

So what about Crystal? Will the 3 mentioned pokemon appear in those 2 routes in Shiny Gold? (along with some other pokemon that are on other routes in Crystal)

I only used the guides for Gold and Silver. That means Crystal hasnt been considered in the Pokemon locations.

Che Carlos!
Why not better an other simple idea, for example an Racer Bike.
Tomorrow, maybe, i'll show you the images of this possible game. Of course, i'f you like.
=D

I had many ideas of races, but all of them imply generating certain AI for the opponents, which can be a pain (as it'd also depend on the terrain you are playing and lot of other variable stuff). At least, I dont want to do it, because in the way I'd like to do something like that, it'd be too painful and it'd take me a lot of time.

The very first part, when you hear: C;B;Bes - C;D;Cis;C;B.

(I don't know if Bes and Cis are called that in English, but Cis is the black note after the C, and Bes is the black note before the B)

I thinks it's way too loud! (well, the instrument playing that part is too loud)
When I played pokemon Gold I remember a more faster part at the beginning(which in your remix I hear very soft)
I think you should make that part a bit Louder, and leave the slower part more in the backgroud.

(If you know what I mean.)

Wish you luck with all your next sound work!

-Pizzakoe-
The gsc wild battle theme will be better if it had more instruments (obviously it's a wip). I have no complaints for the others except for colnex25's gsc champion battle theme because it should be low pitched (hope that's not off topic but's it's going to be in SG).

I liked this kind of comments. Because I'm sure it could help us improve the music (and give me less headaches in the long run). So, keep it up, dont be shy, if you think certain part could be improved, go ahead and post about it. I just hope clonex and Magnius can listen to your opinions and try to do something about them :)

does any1 now were to get tm 50 brick break in this game???

Please, redirect all the gameplay questions to the Shiny Gold Help thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=123140), where someone (probably not me, as I'm not that knowledgeable about my own game XP) will answer your questions.

lol I might even take a stab at some of the songs Clonex25 already did now. No offense to him, but while he has a lot of good remix, I did listen to a few I felt didn't fit.

Well, interesting. Probably in the future we could make another thread or something so people can decide which tracks would be better. For now I'm concentrated on other stuff.

Anyone have a hard time catching Mudkip? I run into a Lv. 1 Mudkip (not say where so you guys can find out) I get its health down to 2-3 pixels (with the screensize at 1x probably 3-4 hp) i used 5 bloody pokeballs on it and it broke out of 3 of them with out shaking and 2 with 2 or 3 shakes.

The thing is last time I played the hack I caught Mudkip in one try. I have a Saved State on my encounter with Mudkip, I've tried at least 10 times already to catch the damn thing.

Two words: False Swipe.

WHOO! I am finally playing the GAME! I can not believe it! I am only just going to cherrygrove, but still! I love the invention of the Phone card and phones in different places. Not to mention the PokeBeeper. This would be even more awesome if Nintendo took it and ran with it for DS so you can do WiFi and send messages to eachother like that.

Nah, they'll one day learn that Gold was the best generation and make their own, I suppose.

can someone tell me if I can still find dunsparce in the dark cave (the one before violet city) like I could in the origional g/s/c and if it and the other swarm pokemon (yanma, marill, etc) have trainers that say when they are swarming or if it swarms at all? Maybe it just counts as a really rare pokemon that doesnt swarm? Someone help plz.

Just to remind that swarms dont exist. But I think they just became rare Pokemon (much like the Silver only Pokemon), so, yep, once you see a rare Pokemon, you know what you should do...

And with that concludes this series of questions. I just posted to take care of that because there's no important progress till the weekend.

deathmoon
August 7th, 2008, 08:13 PM
How challenging will be the 3 final gyms? I'm asking the kind of lvs we'll be facing, also the type of pokemon?

ssj92
August 7th, 2008, 10:02 PM
How challenging will be the 3 final gyms? I'm asking the kind of lvs we'll be facing, also the type of pokemon?

im pretty sure it'll be around 70+ since the ones u can currently play are around 60+

im talkin bout da "X" version btw

deathmoon
August 8th, 2008, 12:48 AM
im pretty sure it'll be around 70+ since the ones u can currently play are around 60+

im talkin bout da "X" version btw
That would be impossible for the X version, because the rematch with Koga and the 3rd Ashlee battle had upper 70's and the 80's. I could understand for the regular, but not for the x, I'm anticipating around lv 85 for brock.

Da Man
August 8th, 2008, 03:14 AM
I only used the guides for Gold and Silver. That means Crystal hasnt been considered in the Pokemon locations.

I know a good Pokemon Locations guide for Crystal if your interested, I can pm you a link to it.

Crosell
August 8th, 2008, 04:28 AM
I once downloaded a dex from this page, it has all the pokemon locations from beta 5, so maybe check the first post if you need help locating pokemon.

Rengeki
August 8th, 2008, 05:29 AM
WOW, super this game is awesome zel ;)

Stalin Malone
August 8th, 2008, 06:09 AM
Plz put in the crystal wild pokemon locations if possible.

+Sneasel™
August 8th, 2008, 06:23 AM
Plz put in the crystal wild pokemon locations if possible.

He's not doing that, as he specifically said many times before, since this is a GOLD remake, not a Crystal one. There will be Silver locations though, he just stuck them in where they normally would be.

Crosell
August 8th, 2008, 06:28 AM
Why are the crystal locations so important anyway =P
As long you can catch all pokemon there wouldn't be a problem right.

Osher99
August 8th, 2008, 06:31 AM
Where's the cave with the man with the hammer ?

Imakuni?
August 8th, 2008, 06:58 AM
Oh Zel, I am forever in debt to you. This looks like its to be a great rom hack.

I just wish that the small things (field location, lack of pokegear) didnt turn me off so much. I LOVED G/S/C and I will love this game just the same. As soon as I start playing it.

Osher99
August 8th, 2008, 07:38 AM
Anybody can tell me where are the mini games?

poddish
August 8th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Hey zel,
Are you going to add more minigames too?
For the new island you could make Carlos be there and you can fight him every so often and if you win he will dis you and won't battle you for awhile and when he will re-battle you he will have stronger Pokemon.

ssj92
August 8th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Anybody can tell me where are the mini games?

they're in the trick house im pretty sure. and the trick house is in route 36

Hey zel,
For the new island you could make Carlos be there and you can fight him every so often and if you win he will dis you and won't battle you for awhile and when he will re-battle you he will have stronger Pokemon.

sounds like a good idea. he might do that.

abyssthesavior
August 8th, 2008, 01:41 PM
hey zel
i need info...i dunno wen u released shiny gold beta 5 but im askin if u can tell me how i can tell if the beta of shiny gold i currently have is beta 5...or beta 4 i tried to find out myself but i couldnt figure out how so...please help

abyssthesavior

ps i love the fact that u made shiny gold im lovin it
pss please reply to this request i dunno if it would be directed to my email but i hope so
psss how do i safely patch newer version of shiny gold over older one in case thats how it turns out(if it can even be done and thank you for your time please reply back zel yur the best!!!!!!)
psss click!!.... .... ...DOOOOOOMMSDAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!*abyss' new music plays*

ssj92
August 8th, 2008, 02:03 PM
hey zel
i need info...i dunno wen u released shiny gold beta 5 but im askin if u can tell me how i can tell if the beta of shiny gold i currently have is beta 5...or beta 4 i tried to find out myself but i couldnt figure out how so...please help

abyssthesavior

ps i love the fact that u made shiny gold im lovin it
pss please reply to this request i dunno if it would be directed to my email but i hope so
psss how do i safely patch newer version of shiny gold over older one in case thats how it turns out(if it can even be done and thank you for your time please reply back zel yur the best!!!!!!)
psss click!!.... .... ...DOOOOOOMMSDAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!*abyss' new music plays*

your patch file(.ips) should be called ShinyGoldB5_ByZel or ShinyGoldXB5_ByZel

unless u renamed it

also to safely patch beta 5. use a clean rom and its recommended to start all over.

ShinyGold B5 was released December 31, 2007 & ShinyGoldX B5 was released January 4th, 2008

videoman
August 8th, 2008, 02:48 PM
how did you get all the cool tilesets that are for Advaced maps (example: the Train tile set and the new/old version of the pokemon center and the pokemart and all the other buildings). also is it possable so put the train tileset in to Pokemon Emerald? thanks for the help!

Taku51
August 8th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Beta5 is working great best of luck to you man!

waiting4b6
August 8th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Does anyone know how to get to the digging mini-game, or is that in b6. Do you have any idea when Beta6 will finally be out. I've been trying to find that info for like 2 months.

p.s: Whoever said that the minigame was in the trick house, they were wrong.

duckdavis
August 8th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Does anyone know how to get to the digging mini-game, or is that in b6. Do you have any idea when Beta6 will finally be out. I've been trying to find that info for like 2 months.

The digging machine is in Beta 6. And you're not allowed to ask for release dates. Zel still has much to do.

ssj92
August 9th, 2008, 12:12 AM
I have but only one question, would you be abel to possible "Transfer" this to Ruby maybe? cause that has a Clock in it and you might be able to make a Day/Night system off that. Just wondering cause that was one of my Favorite things.
Also a suggestion, for a maybe Specialized touch replace the Bike with Roller Blades or Maybe an Off-Road Skateboard, either would be really cool just a suggestion though.

skateboard or roller blades sound like a great creative idea but the bike isn't that bad.

my bad about the mini-games being in the trick house.

Yeah Zel,Why don't you start ALL OVER on a game with worse graphics and need to do EVERYTHING all over again.Excellent idea![/irony]

yea and ruby doesn't have kanto -_- at least to my knowledge it doesn't.

Horizon
August 9th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Great, SG is back! Can't wait to play Beta 6 and that epic final battle with Red in updated graphics. You're a star, Zel, take your time with the hack, it'll be worth it.

Danman2327
August 9th, 2008, 09:28 AM
my reply didnt go through for some reason.... anyway i used fire red action replay codes for shiny gold and it changed my item numbers to numbers like "?32"(i fixed that though). I cant use/see TMs or berries. Even when i get new tms and berries i cant use them... anyone have a solution or is my savegame screwed? I havent played pokemon in years and my favorite pokemon game was crystal. This hack got me playing again :) .

pokemonfangirl112
August 9th, 2008, 10:10 AM
hey zel i have a problem i love pokemon shiny gold the problem comes when i have to save when i save i go to file and i click save and i check to see if its there and it is but when i turn off my computer and turn it back on the save file is missing what do i do and whats up with that

alureon
August 9th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Thanks for making them sounds Clonex25 and Magnius. The tracks are great, them sounds are like the original gold version some are even better. =) Them minigames look like lots of fun, thanks for making them Zel, and everyone else who makes this hack happen. The game is excellent and its coming out even more awesome.

Anyways was curious if you were going to add the Pokemon Network Center that was on One Island with the Ruby and Sapphire plates configured in the machines. It would allow trade between Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. Also was wondering if you were going to add a Move Relearner or some Move Tutors?

Iken
August 9th, 2008, 12:07 PM
O_O...

Shiny Gold X is hard...

that was BY FAR the hardest battle i've ever had with
a level 5 slowpoke.

x_x''

Taku51
August 9th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Nice work on the hack it's pretty awsome the only thing though is that it took me like a week just to find it... but anyways good luck with beta 6

ssj92
August 9th, 2008, 04:30 PM
my reply didnt go through for some reason.... anyway i used fire red action replay codes for shiny gold and it changed my item numbers to numbers like "?32"(i fixed that though). I cant use/see TMs or berries. Even when i get new tms and berries i cant use them... anyone have a solution or is my savegame screwed? I havent played pokemon in years and my favorite pokemon game was crystal. This hack got me playing again :) .

you shouldn;t have used cheats and play the game fair :P

u mite have to start over with a fresh game save, but don't give up just yet just cuz i sed so.

The Abyss
August 9th, 2008, 05:00 PM
hey zel i have a problem i love pokemon shiny gold the problem comes when i have to save when i save i go to file and i click save and i check to see if its there and it is but when i turn off my computer and turn it back on the save file is missing what do i do and whats up with that

Go to Options --> Emulator --> Save Type then click Flash 128k and see if that works.

Sounds
August 9th, 2008, 11:48 PM
I can't wait for Beat 6/the game to b finished
gd luck zel!

JJK
August 10th, 2008, 01:40 AM
I was just thinking in something here...
There will be more trainers in shinygold than in firered, right?
If so, why not name them after ppl here in pc?

Good luck!

Sarcastic Prince
August 10th, 2008, 01:54 AM

Good luck!

JJK, I believe Zel has enough trainers to put in...

JJK
August 10th, 2008, 02:18 AM
JJK, I believe Zel has enough trainers to put in...
I was just saying, it would be a nice idea if any extra trainers (like those in the new region that will be inserted) were named after the people in here.
Also, i guess its easier than to think of new real names, like "Zachary" or something...

Ikwaylx
August 10th, 2008, 03:20 AM
The only thing about this I would improve for future betas, is the very first battle.

Going up against a level 5 slowpoke with yawn and curse, with an already high defense status is slightly unfair for new gamers; the battle is just too imbalanced for the level. I think that what I'd suggest is move Carlos in to either the entrance to route 30, or the entrance to Cherrygrove. This way, you can train prior in order to make the battle easier.

Of course, everything after that battle is fine and dandy. Great job with the hack!

Crosell
August 10th, 2008, 03:22 AM
I never had trouble with battling that slowpoke, it's kinda easy.
just use a good way to battle, piece of cake ^^

Ikwaylx
August 10th, 2008, 03:43 AM
I never had trouble with battling that slowpoke, it's kinda easy.
just use a good way to battle, piece of cake ^^Yeah, using the potions you get at the beginning help a lot. The only problem is if the slowpoke ends up cursing itself to max when you're sleeping.

Still, moving the battle in isn't so much of a problem ye?

EDIT: One more question.. D-Did you increase the chance of shinies appearing in this patch or something? Or am I being insanely lucky when, on a run where I mistook the latest beta for beta4 in a locked thread, I found a shiny geodude, and NOW, on the correct version, I found a shiny caterpie?

EDIT Again!: Oh now a shiny hoothoot too?! If you want picture proof, I can give it. But if I see ONE MORE, this is odd.

DJharm
August 10th, 2008, 04:53 AM
where is the sprite from entei on witch route ?

Banjora Marxvile
August 10th, 2008, 04:57 AM
where is the sprite from entei on witch route ?

Its random. Youve got to find it yourself as it changes and the location is different for different people. Basically, no-one can say as it changes.
Ask these questions in the Shny Gold help Thread as that is why it was created.

Crosell
August 10th, 2008, 05:15 AM
Yeah, using the potions you get at the beginning help a lot. The only problem is if the slowpoke ends up cursing itself to max when you're sleeping.

EDIT: One more question.. D-Did you increase the chance of shinies appearing in this patch or something? Or am I being insanely lucky when, on a run where I mistook the latest beta for beta4 in a locked thread, I found a shiny geodude, and NOW, on the correct version, I found a shiny caterpie?

EDIT Again!: Oh now a shiny hoothoot too?! If you want picture proof, I can give it. But if I see ONE MORE, this is odd.

I believe he hasn't increased that, but like you said, i have encounterd many shinys too.
On B4 i found a shiny mudkip and in beta 5 a shiny gastly.
I think it´s just pure luck, but I´ve noticed that all the shinys you encounter have the same gender.

Ikwaylx
August 10th, 2008, 06:17 AM
I believe he hasn't increased that, but like you said, i have encounterd many shinys too.
On B4 i found a shiny mudkip and in beta 5 a shiny gastly.
I think it´s just pure luck, but I´ve noticed that all the shinys you encounter have the same gender.Well, my shiny caterpie is a female, but the rest were male. I also found it quite odd on how quickly I found the shiny hoothoot after the shiny caterpie. Only about 4 minutes later.
I don't think it's too bad, but if I do see more shinies as I progress, I'll notify.

Danman2327
August 10th, 2008, 07:33 AM
...i didn't find any....except the red gyarados(that looks kinda orange to me). My brother once caught a gold Mightyena in sapphire version. The only wild shiny pokemon i saw was a pink nidorina in fire red... but it was in the safari zone and it ran away. How do you guys get so lucky?

Ikwaylx
August 10th, 2008, 08:23 AM
...i didn't find any....except the red gyarados(that looks kinda orange to me). My brother once caught a gold Mightyena in sapphire version. The only wild shiny pokemon i saw was a pink nidorina in fire red... but it was in the safari zone and it ran away. How do you guys get so lucky?I must've been INSANELY lucky to see, and catch 3 shinies in 2 days..
And that's why I dunno if it was luck, I haven't seem to have found any more shinies but I probably will, hopefully a Beldum :)

Danman2327
August 10th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Nvm about my code question. I found out my gba emulator for the psp has some problems with codes. Fire red just happens to be one of the games that dont work well. I dont feel like starting over until beta 6 cause it would be kinda a waste

Evil 4 Life
August 10th, 2008, 01:09 PM
so i was playing sg and was having a blast, then wen i got the ghostbuster i went to cerulean and tried to go the power plant but it says the id of the ghost couldnt b identifed or something lyk that. so wat with that? can some1 plz help me, was there something i was supposed to do 1st or something i need in order to proceed? thanks

abyssthesavior
August 10th, 2008, 01:58 PM
thanx for that ssj92 but its too bad ill hav to start over and...wait...would it be possible to use a backup save of some sort for the game and use that? besides i used that button combo save...thing...i dont use the games save option i just press shift+f1 and voila!! o and since i herd beta 6 isnt out yet i could hav beta 5 since it was made sumtime last year thanx...but still can i use the backup save thing with shift+f1 or it makes no difference...

abyssthesavior

ps (as usual) click.......DOOOOOOOOMMSSDAAAAAAAAYYY!!!!*abyss' new music plays*

Shadows
August 10th, 2008, 02:04 PM
so i was playing sg and was having a blast, then wen i got the ghostbuster i went to cerulean and tried to go the power plant but it says the id of the ghost couldnt b identifed or something lyk that. so wat with that? can some1 plz help me, was there something i was supposed to do 1st or something i need in order to proceed? thanks

Goto the scrapbox next time you have a question...
Who in Johto knows about ghosts?
Goto the burned tower to find out...

abyssthesavior
August 10th, 2008, 02:05 PM
your patch file(.ips) should be called ShinyGoldB5_ByZel or ShinyGoldXB5_ByZel

unless u renamed it

also to safely patch beta 5. use a clean rom and its recommended to start all over.

ShinyGold B5 was released December 31, 2007 & ShinyGoldX B5 was released January 4th, 2008

thanx for that ssj92 but its too bad ill hav to start over and...wait...would it be possible to use a backup save of some sort for the game and use that? besides i used that button combo save...thing...i dont use the games save option i just press shift+f1 and voila!! o and since i herd beta 6 isnt out yet i could hav beta 5 since it was made sumtime last year thanx...but still can i use the backup save thing with shift+f1 or it makes no difference...

abyssthesavior

ps (as usual) click.......DOOOOOOOOMMSSDAAAAAAAAYYY!!!!*abyss' new music plays*

this is a repeated reply since i thought u wouldnt reply to it so...ok then...

Jirachi3
August 10th, 2008, 02:31 PM
I don't mean to be rude, but I absolutely HATE the drums/symbals in the music for the towns. I haven't gotten far in the game, but cherrygrove's music is just terrible. I really don't mean to be so rude, but that's just my opinion.

Sportsmaniac1322
August 10th, 2008, 03:09 PM
I don't mean to be rude, but I absolutely HATE the drums/symbals in the music for the towns. I haven't gotten far in the game, but cherrygrove's music is just terrible. I really don't mean to be so rude, but that's just my opinion.
Yeah he knows. It'll be changed in beta 6.

zel 2.0
August 10th, 2008, 07:02 PM

If it's the "normal" version, just get any guide for Gold, as it's gonna be the same thing. For the "X" I'm not sure, I always think on the levels and movesets as I reach that part while playing.

Where's the cave with the man with the hammer ?

It's gonna be located in Mt.Moon, in B6.

Hey zel,

Dont worry, as the strongest rivals (except for Silver who wont get an event but will be present) will be moving into the Islands as well. Most likely some of the rivals (like Ard, or Dante & Rina) will not be showing up as they are not really that strong to deserve to be there (what about J&J? I'm not sure yet)

What is known is that a new (and the final) rival will appear on this location.

Cheating on a hack is not recommended.

Anyways was curious if you were going to add the Pokemon Network Center that was on One Island with the Ruby and Sapphire plates configured in the machines. It would allow trade between Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. Also was wondering if you were going to add a Move Relearner or some Move Tutors?

No need for the Ruby and Sapphire as in Pallet Town (after finishing an event first), Oak will give you the chance to register you as a Professional Pokemon Trainer, which has the exact same effect as getting the Ruby and Sapphire, you'll be able to trade with those games (however, he'll offer this only once and if you decline, you are screwed)

The Move Relearner already exists, in Blackthorn City. But Move Tutors dont exist yet.

O_O...

Shiny Gold X is hard...

that was BY FAR the hardest battle i've ever had with
a level 5 slowpoke.

x_x''

Yeah, but probably that was the only hard battle through the game (I dont think that, to me X is hard, but other people may not agree :P)

Good luck!

Not a good idea. You put the name of someone of PC and then I get hundreds of people wanting their name in the game.

The only thing about this I would improve for future betas, is the very first battle.

Going up against a level 5 slowpoke with yawn and curse, with an already high defense status is slightly unfair for new gamers; the battle is just too imbalanced for the level. I think that what I'd suggest is move Carlos in to either the entrance to route 30, or the entrance to Cherrygrove. This way, you can train prior in order to make the battle easier.

Of course, everything after that battle is fine and dandy. Great job with the hack!

Simple: If you arent up to the challenge, dont try the X, and stick with the normal version. Works like some kind of warning.

Yeah, using the potions you get at the beginning help a lot. The only problem is if the slowpoke ends up cursing itself to max when you're sleeping.

Yeah, I also dont know how other people seem to get extremely lucky. On my two years of making SG, I only found two shinies in the wild (not counting the Red Gyarados)
But perhaps there could be a patching error or something wrong somewhere. Who knows? In the end, as long as it's not a constant shiny encounter, it's not an error.

Dont worry, but just remember that there's gonna be a lot of changes in the music department. Dont pay that much attention to how those tracks sound.

nooooooooooo
August 10th, 2008, 07:38 PM
hey zel this is just a thought but you should add another rival that gets the pokemon that you or the main rival didnt choose like if i got totodile then the main rival would get chicorita and the new rival would get cyndaquil

Stalin Malone
August 10th, 2008, 07:45 PM
That's a great idea! I second that. I so enjoy seeing/dealing with multiple rivals in SG. The more the merrier.

ssj92
August 10th, 2008, 08:14 PM
new rival would be great. he said on his new island that we will meet a new rival so ya. also we can;t have too many rivals9gotta watch those slots available :P)

Tyrantrum
August 10th, 2008, 08:15 PM
That, that does sound good, but, maybe you should meet the rival after you enter Eckruetect(sp?), and the new rival should be the female character, if you pick to play as a boy, or it should be a boy, if you pick to play as a girl.

KhaosKnight
August 10th, 2008, 09:07 PM
WOW, 124 pages.....wow, i guess zel is doing something good in this hack. I knew that SG was popular here, but this hasnt left the first page since it got unlocked. Hmm well good luck zel, i might get around to playing this sometime.

GL, Zel :D

nooooooooooo
August 10th, 2008, 09:35 PM
That, that does sound good, but, maybe you should meet the rival after you enter Eckruetect(sp?), and the new rival should be the female character, if you pick to play as a boy, or it should be a boy, if you pick to play as a girl.

ya i forgot to mention about the boy or girl thing but it just comes down to what zel thinks about it it would be cool though

blackpen92
August 10th, 2008, 09:51 PM
why doesnt this hack work for me? ive tried it 3 times from 3 different mirrors and 2 different roms every time i try to run it it just shows up as a red screen that turns to black, that turns to white, that turns to red, over and over

please help

Shadows
August 10th, 2008, 10:13 PM
why doesnt this hack work for me? ive tried it 3 times from 3 different mirrors and 2 different roms every time i try to run it it just shows up as a red screen that turns to black, that turns to white, that turns to red, over and over

please help

Your using the wrong rom/ a bad rom. you need a clean copy of FR US. sorry for bad typing, -on my psp-

JJK
August 11th, 2008, 01:49 AM
Not a good idea. You put the name of someone of PC and then I get hundreds of people wanting their name in the game.

Right... i forgot the human nature (and over that im afraid that ppl think that it was just a crappy excuse to put myself in SG...but if it were to go ahead, there would much more important and deserving ppl than me)

As long as it doesnt stay outside the gym... (battling carlos with 2 half-dead pokes is hard, morty bites)

And shinys... apart from the red gyara i havent found a single shiny in the INTIRE advance games... and i've played sapphire, emerald , firered and SG, plus minor hacks (LOD)

But i have one shiny on diamond, without the radar, but... it's a shiny BIDOOF. God hates me.

The Immortal
August 11th, 2008, 03:28 AM
Great job zel, I have a few question though:

Can we trade pokemon with people around the world using VBA Link?
Does the 'X' version only have harder trainers/pokemon or is the whole story/quest made harder?

I can haz haxburgrz?
August 11th, 2008, 04:48 AM
i could be wrong but i believe that the battles are the only harder part.. as only the trainers poke lvl's and movesets are edited for x

smashmaniac2008
August 11th, 2008, 05:02 AM
Yes thats a great idea Gold (if you chose girl) or Crystal (if you chose boy) will battle you at random times with the pokemon you have an advantage to he/she will be nice to his/her pokemon and be the total opposite of Silver your other rival.

phelex002
August 11th, 2008, 05:11 AM
I am a pokemon fan from China.I saw a shinygold beta6 appear in the internet. is this your hack rom?have you finish hacking the shinygold beta6? I dont know the details about you!
please tell me the details about shinygold! thanks!

LiquidR
August 11th, 2008, 05:22 AM
I am a pokemon fan from China.I saw a shinygold beta6 appear in the internet. is this your hack rom?have you finish hacking the shinygold beta6? I dont know the details about you!

Try to read the first post on this topic, then you should know enough about Shiny Gold, for the time being.

phelex002
August 11th, 2008, 06:14 AM
yes I have,just something I dont understand or knows. it is about the B6 of SG!when I searched the internet using google,it appeared SG B6! I am very surprise!however,I dont know whether it is Zel s hack roms or not.please tell me! I havent found this answer from the first page! the pokemon fans from China are confuse to this things as well as me .
I just want to get the answer of these things!

Aquilae
August 11th, 2008, 06:22 AM
Well, from what I understand you found SG B6 on Google, and you are asking whether it is real or not? Well, it is not as it has not been released by zel yet, he is working on it currently.

The attachments are for the latest beta of Shiny Gold, so if a supposedly newer beta isn't on the official thread, something is not right.

Stalin Malone
August 11th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Would it be possible in the areas that were added and not originally in GSC to use RSE music?

Danman2327
August 11th, 2008, 01:01 PM
lol. its not only the hack ROM that got problems. the original fire red rom had problems too. i used cheats on a hack rom and it didnt turn out like fire red/shiny gold. so i guess its my emulator that caused it.
By the way the beta6 that you found is probubly fake because it hasnt been released yet. I have see hacks of zel's hack(one i saw where you can catch all the pokemon in the wild). I wouldn't play them cause they probubly have problems glitches etc.

Ikwaylx
August 11th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Simple: If you arent up to the challenge, dont try the X, and stick with the normal version. Works like some kind of warning.
Oh! It's just in the X version? I thought it would've been in the normal shinygold as it was 'no different' but with higher levels.
That's ok then, I suppose it works.

Another thing, because of the higher levels in Shinygold X. Are you going to be raising the levels of the wild pokemon as well? Because the elite 4 are at level 60 or so, wouldn't it be a bit tedious to be training against level 35 odd pokemon in victory road?

jinglin
August 11th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Can anyone please explain to me which is the newer version?

Shinygold X B5
or
Shinygold B5

destinedjagold
August 11th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Can anyone please explain to me which is the newer version?

Shinygold X B5
or
Shinygold B5

X Version is a more challenging version of the current beta.
If you wanna have a challenging game, the X beta is for you then, but if you wanna play the average game, then B5. ;)

ablahblah987
August 11th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Another thing, because of the higher levels in Shinygold X. Are you going to be raising the levels of the wild pokemon as well? Because the elite 4 are at level 60 or so, wouldn't it be a bit tedious to be training against level 35 odd pokemon in victory road?
Yeah, it would be nice to see higher level wild pokes in some areas of X.

Stalin Malone
August 11th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Zel, have you considered making Golem/Alakazam/Gengar/Machamp gained by happiness evolution instead of level evolution?

jinglin
August 11th, 2008, 04:00 PM
I applied the patch to my english ruby game but i got a buggy screen after i pressed "new game"

Heart's Soul
August 11th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Zel, how tough will Satoshi be?

bardock32nd
August 11th, 2008, 04:05 PM
jinglin you have to patch the hack to fire red it wont work for ruby.

jinglin
August 11th, 2008, 04:07 PM
ohhh i see now, thx dude :)

Sarcastic Prince
August 11th, 2008, 04:23 PM

Just reminding you... It's Red not Satoshi.

DarkReborn
August 11th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Just reminding you... It's Red not Satoshi.

Yeah, you are right, the Satoshi (Ash in American and European translations) character, it's just the Anime version of Red, the original PKMN player character.

Ikwaylx
August 11th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Well, in order to get saving working properly (Because I want to go to Kanto.) I switched to Flash128k. However, I still get the Save error coming up..

Am I screwed, or is there another way to fix this?

bloodflood
August 11th, 2008, 06:27 PM
zel= god of roms
this thing is awesome i love this hack
and i had a question did you scratch the ho-oh on the title screen cuz it looks really good

Ikwaylx
August 11th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Hrm, never mind about my question. I suppose I have to start over from the beginning now.

Curses! I already restarted once :P
Edit: no.. It still won't save.

phelex002
August 11th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Hrm,I know..and I have a question,too.
After you releasing the B6,can I load the save of B5 ?
and I suggest that add the battle fronter like Emerald in SG will be more interesting as well as exciting..
add the more story in kanto or jhoto.we are interested in the new story, unknown things and mysterious events!!
That's all.

Magnius
August 11th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Yeah, you are right, the Satoshi (Ash in American and European translations) character, it's just the Anime version of Red, the original PKMN player character.
Actually Satoshi/Ash and Red are different(Red is a character from the manga series). Just informing you.

Ramengan
August 11th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Wow, Zel. Amazing hack. Played through it all, now just catching and evolving extra pokes to kill time before the next release. Hope I can keep this save in the next beta, but if not, oh well.

I like the # of steps day/night idea. If it's not in there, though, that's alright.
The timed events got a bad first impression on me, but then I realized I could make several balls in an hour and boost a Pokemon's happiness easily through repeated haircuts. :D
The only glitches I've found were the Lavender Town ones, but I see they've all been addressed.
Lots of big, suspicious rocks blocking the path. Looking forward to seeing what's behind them in the next betas!

Random Question: Is there a way to get the "Stick" item for Farfetch'd? I happen to have two, one shiny (yays), and I want sticks for them. I tried stealing from wilds to no avail. They may have one and be rare, but according to Bulbapedia, it's only accessible in Vermillion in FireRed, and I can't find it there since it's all changed. If someone has a stick, can you tell me that it is possible? Maybe I just haven't looked hard enough. If not, can you, Zel, add it in somewhere? If you could add it as a held item for wild Farfetch'd, that'd be awesome. Certainly not a big deal, but I'd appreciate it.
whew, long question.

Hrm,I know..and I have a question,too.
After you releasing the B6,can I load the save of B5 ?
I'm just guessing here, but depending on how much is changed from beta to beta, it may or may not be possible. Archive your save file if you care about it, and save somewhere "safe" (I'm guessing Jhoto will be stable and remain the same, mostly. Try PC in Violet City or something). Load up the new beta, and if it works, great! If not, just start from a new file. It is a really fun game, so that shouldn't be too bad. ;)

i cant save in this game for some reason, i tried what the it said by going to options>emulator>whatever, but when i go to options theres nothing that says emulator,

(i have visualboy advance version 1.7.4)

Are you sure it's not there? You could try a later version (mine's 1.8.0-beta 3). I took a screenshot of what it should look like, if you need to see.

Also, has anyone before caught/bred six zigzagoons just for the Pickups? I fear I'm having too much fun with this hack.

blackpen92
August 11th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Are you sure it's not there? You could try a later version (mine's 1.8.0-beta 3). I took a screenshot of what it should look like, if you need to see

yea, im sure its not there, that screenshot would be rly helpful

The Exorcist
August 11th, 2008, 11:21 PM
This is the best Pokemon hack yet! Completely addictive! Recommend it to anyone in the world thats looking for a real Pokemon hack!:D

Ramengan
August 12th, 2008, 12:00 AM
Sent you a PM, blackpen.

I hope there's more bug-catching contests in the future. I was dumb and saved after wasting my first 2 chances by getting Everstones. Now I only have 1 Sun Stone and 2 pokemon to evolve. :/
Also liked the legendaries appearing on the map. Only ran into Entei so far, and it ran before I could even battle it. I deserved that, though. I actually decided to stop and save as soon as I saw it, THEN approach it. I don't know what made me think that would actually work.

Zack08
August 12th, 2008, 03:45 AM
really nice hack!! grats to zel. i hope you finish it quickly.
if we could keep our saves until the finished game and used it there, this would be amazing.

phelex002
August 12th, 2008, 04:50 AM
...I know...to be honest,I have ever seen such a excellent hack roms,so I am evey concerned about shiny gold as well as the Chinese pokemon fans do~~I tried to play other hack roms about gold,however, all of these cant make me satisfied!
Hrm...I hope that there will be more new story and more interesting things in shinygold !
PS:my English is so so....please pardon me to the mistakes~

alureon
August 12th, 2008, 05:35 AM
Random Question: Is there a way to get the "Stick" item for Farfetch'd? I happen to have two, one shiny (yays), and I want sticks for them. I tried stealing from wilds to no avail. They may have one and be rare, but according to Bulbapedia, it's only accessible in Vermillion in FireRed, and I can't find it there since it's all changed. If someone has a stick, can you tell me that it is possible? Maybe I just haven't looked hard enough. If not, can you, Zel, add it in somewhere? If you could add it as a held item for wild Farfetch'd, that'd be awesome. Certainly not a big deal, but I'd appreciate it, whew, long question.

Zel was wondering if you would add the Stick (Farfetch'd) with the, Light Ball for (Pika), Metal Powder (Ditto), Soul Dew (Latios/Latias), Deepseascale, Deepseatooth (Clampearl Sp Atk, Def), Lucky Punch, Lucky Egg (Chansey) Thick Club (Marowak) with a decent drop rate if not in the game. I wonder if the other hold items would be available through purchases. Zigzagoon pickups are cool, some free items yea.

netga94
August 12th, 2008, 05:46 AM
hi i downloaded pokemon shiny gold but it wont work how come?

luvarso
August 12th, 2008, 06:19 AM
YES! Shiny gold is back. I can't wait until beta 5 comes out

destinedjagold
August 12th, 2008, 06:32 AM
YES! Shiny gold is back. I can't wait until beta 5 comes out

er, you mean Beta 6, right?

Ikwaylx
August 12th, 2008, 06:33 AM
The game still won't save properly, even when I deleted all the .sav files and changed the emulator save type to flash128K

Should I redownload pokemon firered? or the patch? I need some help here because I want to enjoy the game knowing that I can beat the Elite 4 without being forced to restart the game afterwards.

dirk123
August 12th, 2008, 09:14 AM
1. Use the correct VBA setting (which you have done)
2. Delete the .sav file (which you also have done?)
3. Start a new game.

Don't use any of your old save stats or you will have the save problem again!!!

smashmaniac2008
August 12th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Can you change golds backsprite to make him look forward like Red did in FireRed/LeafGreen because he looks fat sideways.

bloodflood
August 12th, 2008, 10:50 AM
hi i downloaded pokemon shiny gold but it wont work how come?
put it in a folder get the fire red ROM
Rename both the .isp and .gba files the same in other words rename the ROM and the other one Shiny Gold

26296suj
August 12th, 2008, 10:52 AM
in ilex forest all the pokemon that appear are ? marks and lvl 0 plus the character freezes at different parts of the forest while im chasin the birdie and advice for wat to do?

Ralts 42
August 12th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Yeah i was wondering how to download shiny gold?

i not very good with computers.

i would apriciate it if someone could help me with this.

thank you.

Ikwaylx
August 12th, 2008, 01:41 PM
1. Use the correct VBA setting (which you have done)
2. Delete the .sav file (which you also have done?)
3. Start a new game.

Don't use any of your old save stats or you will have the save problem again!!!Ahahah, I got it working once I realised I forgot to delete part of the .sav file and the fact that I switched it from Automatic to Flash.

But to be honest, I'd rather wait until Beta 6. If it comes out in a little while now I'd rather wait until then cause I'd rather not start again. ESPECIALLY SINCE I RESTARTED 3 TIMES ALREADY :P

pokeage
August 12th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Great job, one of the best game hacks, if not the best, out there.

phelex002
August 12th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Hrm...
Can I catch mewtwo or mew in ShinyGold Beta6?I remember that there are many places I cant enter...such as cerulean city,near the sea there is a house that we will bring some pokemons to let him see to get the fire stone or leaf stone and so on...on the right side of this house,there is a breakable rock ,and I smash it there is a rock road...in the end of this road...there is a big stone stopping you enterng the hole....
what is it?..is it the mew2 or mew's hole ?

CharFeralScep
August 13th, 2008, 02:32 AM
Sorry if its been said, but in the latest version (the harder one as well) is it supposed to crash after the Amelia battle in Lavender town outside the radio tower?

Thanks.

billi1000
August 13th, 2008, 02:43 AM
yo zel, hows the hackin goin, i made a new banner 4 u, hope u like it:
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/5809/bgsg0.th.png (http://img242.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bgsg0.png)

phelex002
August 13th, 2008, 03:17 AM
zel,what time have you started to make shiny gold beta6?We are in the China so we dont konw it...
the pokemon fans in the China are Crazy about shiny gold !we all appreciate shinygold of course and you ..
around the world all pokemon fans are friends!!

Sarcastic Prince
August 13th, 2008, 03:19 AM
I quoting all of your questions so you can look for your answers!!

in ilex forest all the pokemon that appear are ? marks and lvl 0 plus the character freezes at different parts of the forest while im chasin the birdie and advice for wat to do?

It must be bad patching.

Yeah i was wondering how to download shiny gold?

i not very good with computers.

i would apriciate it if someone could help me with this.

thank you.

Are you blind? Go to the first page and go to the Download Section.

I'm not good at computers as well, but why I know how to download the hack?

Hrm...
Can I catch mewtwo or mew in ShinyGold Beta6?I remember that there are many places I cant enter...such as cerulean city,near the sea there is a house that we will bring some pokemons to let him see to get the fire stone or leaf stone and so on...on the right side of this house,there is a breakable rock ,and I smash it there is a rock road...in the end of this road...there is a big stone stopping you enterng the hole....

It is Mewtwo's cave. I remember Zel said that before.

Sorry if its been said, but in the latest version (the harder one as well) is it supposed to crash after the Amelia battle in Lavender town outside the radio tower?

Thanks.

No, it is not supposed to. To my knowledge, it is because you bad patched the FR Rom.

The Immortal
August 13th, 2008, 03:26 AM
zel,what time have you started to make shiny gold beta6?We are in the China so we dont konw it...
the pokemon fans in the China are Crazy about shiny gold !we all appreciate shinygold of course and you ..

Zel's Current Status is: "Got a new job, so that, combined with the usual college assignments, leaves me few hacking time during the week. I'll try to see how I can order my schedule, but for sure, hack's development will be delayed greatly T_T"

RockmanEXE
August 13th, 2008, 05:54 AM
Question:

How did you manage to replace the trainers back sprites?

Christos
August 13th, 2008, 06:16 AM
Question:

How did you manage to replace the trainers back sprites?

Such posts aren't allowed here. If you have a question, ask in the Simple Questions thread in the ROM Hacking section.

RockmanEXE
August 13th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Such posts aren't allowed here. If you have a question, ask in the Simple Questions thread in the ROM Hacking section.

Sorry, I'm new here...

Great hack by the way. I hope another version comes out like Silver.

JJK
August 13th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Zel's Current Status is: "Got a new job, so that, combined with the usual college assignments, leaves me few hacking time during the week. I'll try to see how I can order my schedule, but for sure, hack's development will be delayed greatly T_T"
Fortunatly i played beta 5 BEFORE i even played FR, so i have something to do until beta 6 comes out. I'm quite anxious, as i played beta 5 in my nokia n70, and the emu is not that great :( (had to play it trough without sound because it would crash otherwise and the animations are slow, with EQ's one not even flashing the screen) , but this time im playing beta 6 in my vba, and with the new sounds, im just preparing for the show my pc's gonna show me XD.
But this delay... 99% of me a.k.a. my human side says that ppl gotta work and study.

(but my 1% of gamer says NOT DUKE NUKEM FOREVER AGAIN...)
Sorry, I'm new here...

Great hack by the way. I hope another version comes out like Silver.
This is (as almost every single one) a standalone hack. There will be no Silver/Crystal remake, but the version-exclusives will be on the same place they were in silver.

BTW can anyone give me the links to the new sounds? tkx

RockmanEXE
August 13th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Oh...Sorry about that.

I like the boy sprites the most and chikorita, cyndaquil, totodile revamps

JJK
August 13th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Oh...Sorry about that.

I like the boy sprites the most and chikorita, cyndaquil, totodile revamps
Not mine, credit is on the 1st page.

Feraligatr master
August 13th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Im actually using my VBA at the moment, sadly due to the save problems i have yet to reach Kanto, of corse i have a savable rom of FR now and so i shall patch B5 now. I will definatly be playing B6 on my PSP though, as my comps Sound is messed up.

Evil 4 Life
August 13th, 2008, 11:38 AM
hey any1 no wat the giant rock in rock tunnel is about? u no the 1 that even strength cant move? is that 4 b6 or final release only? thanks

legend111
August 13th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Fortunatly i played beta 5 BEFORE i even played FR, so i have something to do until beta 6 comes out. I'm quite anxious, as i played beta 5 in my nokia n70, and the emu is not that great :( (had to play it trough without sound because it would crash otherwise and the animations are slow, with EQ's one not even flashing the screen) , but this time im playing beta 6 in my vba, and with the new sounds, im just preparing for the show my pc's gonna show me XD.
But this delay... 99% of me a.k.a. my human side says that ppl gotta work and study.

How you played a rom on your phone plzz tell it.

JJK
August 13th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Anyway can anyone give me the links (youtube, whatever) to the latest songs added?

anthonyc1
August 13th, 2008, 10:08 PM
I just wanted to ask a question, I started to play the game a few days ago and I was just wondering if when the new patches come out, do I have to restart my game to play those patches or can I continue from where I am?

Cause I don't want to have to restart my game over and over :P

Emoney
August 13th, 2008, 10:22 PM
I just wanted to ask a question, I started to play the game a few days ago and I was just wondering if when the new patches come out, do I have to restart my game to play those patches or can I continue from where I am?

its recommended that u start all over but if u want u can patch over ur old game

deathmoon
August 13th, 2008, 11:02 PM

The only drawback is that the game is a bit more glitchy, although I haven't experienced many glitchs. I didn't start over again after I patched over beta 5...

pokegamefreak
August 14th, 2008, 12:23 AM
Hello Zel,
This is the best hack i've ever played. Can't wait for beta 6 to come out,

Maby you could make the traded pokemon evolutions evolve with an item thats named: "trade cable". That item is also in pokemon mystery dungeon and i think that that is a great solution for the traded pokemon.

I hope that you don't give up on your hack and the best of luck

(Ps: sorry, for my bad english, i'm from holland.)

Ripper
August 14th, 2008, 01:17 AM
I can't remember how long it was that you started this... Was it 2005? It seems like a long time and doesn't seem right. I know you were working on it before you first posted it however. Also, when did the last Beta come out? I don't even know which ones I've played as I'm trying to wait until the final version (story wise at least). How are things looking in the space department? I know you were always worried you'd run out of trainer slots and I was curious as to how many you'd used.

Sarcastic Prince
August 14th, 2008, 02:17 AM
Hello Zel,
This is the best hack i've ever played. Can't wait for beta 6 to come out,

Maby you could make the traded pokemon evolutions evolve with an item thats named: "trade cable". That item is also in pokemon mystery dungeon and i think that that is a great solution for the traded pokemon.

I hope that you don't give up on your hack and the best of luck

(Ps: sorry, for my bad english, i'm from holland.)

No need to, since Pokemon that is needed to trade will now evolve in a high Level.

I can't remember how long it was that you started this... Was it 2005? It seems like a long time and doesn't seem right. I know you were working on it before you first posted it however. Also, when did the last Beta come out? I don't even know which ones I've played as I'm trying to wait until the final version (story wise at least). How are things looking in the space department? I know you were always worried you'd run out of trainer slots and I was curious as to how many you'd used.

It started in 2006. It's not your business on how many trainer slots he used.

LiquidR
August 14th, 2008, 02:48 AM
And also, asking for "When does the beta come out" questions are forbidden in this forum.

He was referring to the past, 'when did the last Beta come out?'.

Anyway, I hope Zel has some new surprises up his sleave for us.

CharFeralScep
August 14th, 2008, 03:11 AM
Hey man great work on the game, fantastic gameplay, really fun :). I think the whole Amelia-Trainer (ours) situation is pretty funny as well, good stuff.

roxas27
August 14th, 2008, 08:08 AM
Zel i'm french , i love your ROM hack , everybodie's french like your rom hack , good luck

Pyroterra
August 14th, 2008, 10:04 AM
This hack is so great, I am so glad to play a jhoto based game again.

Now when I got the x b5 Im still in azalea, but when I first loded it up I went out to train in rute 33 and I came across enti and ruike.

But grat redesign of the place as well.

nooooooooooo
August 14th, 2008, 11:14 PM
im not sure if this is against the rules but how do you rematch the trainers your registered i call them up but they never want to rematch me does it have something to do with picking the berries and waiting 5 mins or something?

deathmoon
August 15th, 2008, 12:42 AM
I have an idea for an Island minigame, somewhat of a battle frontier challenge. The "brains" would be your 7 rivals, each of their teams being in thier prime. No healing outside of items will be allowed, and to compensate for pp drainage, I propose an item that restore pp should be sold at the mart before the challenge, like ether or max elixer. Each of the challenges should have a theme to it, that accustomes to the rival boss at the end, like mono team for ard and double battles for rina and dante. Also there should be a random challenge for one of the rivals to test your abilities. The prize would be re-useable move tutors, however they will be expensive.

A list that I thought of:
Calm mind:100,000
Dragon dance: $120,000
Thunder wave:$85,000
Softboiled/Synthesis/Recover: $200,000
Bulk up: $100,000
Body Slam:$75,000
Will-o-Wisp: $100,000
Flamethrower/Ice beam/Thunderbolt:$100,000
Focus Punch: $100,000
Substitute:$250,000
Drill Peck: $75,000
Baton pass:$45,000
Counter/Mirror coat:$125,000
Rest:$100,000
Swords dance/Agility/Amensia:$150,000
Swagger:$60,000
Rock Slide:$150,000
Solarbeam:$90,000
Frenzy Plant/Hyrdo cannon/Blast Burn:$125,000
Hypnosis:$100,000
Explosion:$175,000
Pain Split: $150,000
Destiny Bond/Perish song:$200,000

I would love it if you could implement this idea in Zel... =P

JJK
August 15th, 2008, 01:55 AM
I have an idea for an Island minigame, somewhat of a battle frontier challenge. The "brains" would be your 7 rivals, each of their teams being in thier prime. No healing outside of items will be allowed, and to compensate for pp drainage, I propose an item that restore pp should be sold at the mart before the challenge, like ether or max elixer. Each of the challenges should have a theme to it, that accustomes to the rival boss at the end, like mono team for ard and double battles for rina and dante. Also there should be a random challenge for one of the rivals to test your abilities. The prize would be re-useable move tutors, however they will be expensive.

It's not that bad of an idea, but for the detail it should be difficult to implement, and there are ways to make the islands a true challenge that are as good but less painful to introduce. The tutors are a good idea, but the prices would have to be halved, no more no less.

Plus, if you like to keep a good image, dont cry out that loud that you like to stall the crap out of ppl, putting DBond and PS as the more expensive. AND DONT even talk about pain split: for me its a move that should be BANNED, it dimunishes the game to a certain draw.

NatzHaks
August 15th, 2008, 05:54 AM
how long are you going to be on
Thinking/Mapping and Implementing the mini-games and Trick House puzzles (this will surely take SOME time)
Its been months

flamerzfire
August 15th, 2008, 05:59 AM
Why if i press start button the game error?

Feraligatr master
August 15th, 2008, 06:46 AM
That Error is proberly caused by a bad Firered Rom, or an error with the patching.

Pokemaster1993
August 15th, 2008, 08:02 AM
I think I found a glitch/bug. When you go into the Name Rater's house in Lavender Town, the room all glitchy or something and I can't get out.

ssj92
August 15th, 2008, 12:18 PM
I think I found a glitch/bug. When you go into the Name Rater's house in Lavender Town, the room all glitchy or something and I can't get out.

you might have a bad firered rom or bad patching?

Satoshi-Ash
August 15th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Hey, Zel. I finally get to play this hack. I'll get back to you on it.

Pokemaster1993
August 15th, 2008, 01:48 PM
can't be the fire red rom. the first one I dl'd, it didn't work, and this is the 2nd one and it worked fine until that. and I'm sure I patched it with the beta X ips file.

deathmoon
August 15th, 2008, 03:45 PM
It's not that bad of an idea, but for the detail it should be difficult to implement, and there are ways to make the islands a true challenge that are as good but less painful to introduce. The tutors are a good idea, but the prices would have to be halved, no more no less.

Plus, if you like to keep a good image, dont cry out that loud that you like to stall the crap out of ppl, putting DBond and PS as the more expensive. AND DONT even talk about pain split: for me its a move that should be BANNED, it dimunishes the game to a certain draw.

I generally despise stalling, infact my shoddy and sgx teams have 5/6 of my team having earthquake and other offensive moves. I personally like absuing dragon dance and other said boosters. I thought of other players who actually like stalling, that list appeals to all players, not just you and me. The prices can be altered, those are just ideas. Now that I think of it, it could be the vermilion tower rewards. I judged the prices based how much I like the strategy and how useful that particular move is, notice all of the power-up moves are relatively cheap, that indicates how much I love powering up, and the stall moves are quite expensive, because I despise stalling. I placed the recovery moves at high prices, because I think that they're useful, same for substitute.

can't be the fire red rom. the first one I dl'd, it didn't work, and this is the 2nd one and it worked fine until that. and I'm sure I patched it with the beta X ips file.

Did you patch over a previous beta? That maybe the problem.

Pokemaster1993
August 15th, 2008, 04:55 PM
I think you're right. I looked at a youtube video how to dl this, and it said to dl beta 4, then on the 13th, I dl'd beta X.

EJames2100
August 15th, 2008, 07:08 PM
meh he's new and this site does have some connection issues(I've triple posted because of it)

Anywho, Shiny Gold has always looked good to me and Beta 6 should only make it better :)

Vegeta™
August 15th, 2008, 07:18 PM
I get a trouble when I finished beating the Elite Four I start a NEw Game, when I should be in my Room, waiting to go Kanto.

Magnius
August 16th, 2008, 03:26 AM
Very WIP Johto Trainer battle remix I started...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuN9qKm3vR0

jerwin1400
August 16th, 2008, 03:47 AM
Zel why I can't go to victory road??
there is a note there that says "men at work"

could you reply on this??

thx i really enjoy the game but I can't go to E4 and to the second map

Mortar
August 16th, 2008, 04:10 AM
It's not your business on how many trainer slots he used.

Yeah, and no one asked you anything did they? They were talking to Zel, so it's not your business to answer for him.

JJK
August 16th, 2008, 04:39 AM
I get a trouble when I finished beating the Elite Four I start a NEw Game, when I should be in my Room, waiting to go Kanto.
Try changing your save type to 128k flash, but you'll probably have to start a new game. Have you played all the way trough the game only with savestates?

Man i gotta tell you... it could be a great remix but it's so full of bips it almost sounds like a RBY music. Try smoothing that and you've got a winner.
Zel why I can't go to victory road??
there is a note there that says "men at work"

could you reply on this??

thx i really enjoy the game but I can't go to E4 and to the second map

Probably you are playing a very old beta, download and patch beta 5 in the 1st page of this post or wait 'till beta 6 comes out.

alureon
August 16th, 2008, 05:00 AM

The music remix is really good, nice music. Although the Yugi is a little intense for a parody lol.

Blazers
August 16th, 2008, 06:13 AM
Hey Zel.
I read that you were making remixes of the music.
I was wondering, what program are you using?
And do you just use the instruments and make the song from scratch?
Thanks!

Blazers
August 16th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Yeah i understand,
Ok then, Magnius and Clonex
What program are you using?
I'm looking to make music for a game.

NatzHaks
August 16th, 2008, 08:09 AM
How mny mini games are u making?

Magnius
August 16th, 2008, 08:19 AM
The music remix is really good, nice music. Although the Yugi is a little intense for a parody lol.
lol well yeah, but it's mean to be intense. I might block rating though, since whoever gave my GSC trainer battle a 2 doesn't even have the guts to tell me how it could be improved or why they gave it such a low rating.

As for Music Hacking, me and Clonex25 have posted tons of information on how to insert midis in the documents and tutorials area. And yes we make them from scratch. I myself use a midi program called Anvil Studio. But it's a lot more complicated then just creating and inserting a midi.

Blazers
August 16th, 2008, 09:00 AM
Alright thanks a lot!
Is the tutorial on this very thread?

~DarkAchu~
August 16th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Hey zel ive been a fan of your game for ages and i just want to ask are you still working on this hack or are you on another/ starting another coz i think your one of the best hacker if not the best

ssj92
August 16th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Hey zel ive been a fan of your game for ages and i just want to ask are you still working on this hack or are you on another/ starting another coz i think your one of the best hacker if not the best

check his stats on the first page, it clearly states your question

Emeralder
August 16th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Hello i am new here and I didn't read every thing so I am not sure if anyone mentioned it, but there is a problem with the Red Gyarados, as soon as I see it every pokemon is shiny wild and trainer's and it won' stop.
I would appreciate some help
Thanx

OH Zel I like your hack when will the new version be finished

Banjora Marxvile
August 16th, 2008, 11:09 AM
People have mentioned the shiny problem. If it was in beta 5, it will be fixed in beta 6 hopefully. Meanwhile, take advantage and catch all the shinies you want! Its a once in probably a lifetime opportunity you'll find that many shinies!

Binary
August 16th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Alright thanks a lot!
Is the tutorial on this very thread?

No actually, there are tons of music inserting tutorials in the "Tutorials and Documents" section. As Magnius said..

Satoshi-Ash
August 16th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Wow. Shiny Gold X is harder than I thought it would be.

Emeralder
August 16th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Ok thanx
But can anyone give me the link to the latest version of Shiny gold I can't seem to find it

Semblance
August 16th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Ok thanx
But can anyone give me the link to the latest version of Shiny gold I can't seem to find it
First page, first post[at the bottom]

~Frozen Darkness~
August 16th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Wow, Zel! This hack is amazing! My hack is nothing compared to this masterpiece!Can't wait till the full version!

zel 2.0
August 16th, 2008, 12:51 PM
As you could expect from a few days without replying, this is gonna be another loooooong multiquoting post. Hope I quoted your question, if not, sorry ;)

hey zel this is just a thought but you should add another rival that gets the pokemon that you or the main rival didnt choose like if i got totodile then the main rival would get chicorita and the new rival would get cyndaquil
new rival would be great. he said on his new island that we will meet a new rival so ya. also we can;t have too many rivals9gotta watch those slots available :P)

Although I cant tell much, the new rival is another boy, mainly because his personality wouldnt fit a girl too much (yeah, when I imagine a rival I start with his personality, else it wouldnt be too "real"), and he is an "islands exclusive" character, so he wont show up before than that.
What Pokemon will he use? Sorry, but that's a se-cret ;P

And shinys... apart from the red gyara i havent found a single shiny in the INTIRE advance games... and i've played sapphire, emerald , firered and SG, plus minor hacks (LOD)

But i have one shiny on diamond, without the radar, but... it's a shiny BIDOOF. God hates me.

Now I can feel better knowing that, even if I only found five since I started playing Pokemon, I found more than you! :D

Great job zel, I have a few question though:

Can we trade pokemon with people around the world using VBA Link?
Does the 'X' version only have harder trainers/pokemon or is the whole story/quest made harder?

Yes you can trade, but only with a FR/LG (or another SG, obviously >.<), so far, trading with R/S/E is not allowed, but you'll be able to when you reach Pallet and talk to Oak (which'll happen on B6)

It only gives the trainers different (and relative) better lineups, with incresed levels and movesets. But, other than that, it's just the same game, including the Pokemon found in the wild.

Yes thats a great idea Gold (if you chose girl) or Crystal (if you chose boy) will battle you at random times with the pokemon you have an advantage to he/she will be nice to his/her pokemon and be the total opposite of Silver your other rival.

Hmmmm... I dont know...

Hopefully not in one of those pirated versions. But yeah, it's my hack and no, I'm still not done with it. More details about the hack? If you have some time, just start reading this thread (and the older thread) :laugh:

Would it be possible in the areas that were added and not originally in GSC to use RSE music?

I've been using a few, but since I'm not sure how BGMs from the original Gold we are gonna use, there's nothing certain on that. I like a few tracks from DP more than the ammount of tracks I like from RSE.

No way, I consider that having lower leveled Pokemon (compared to the trainers) makes it harder to train (which also helps me in the idea that the game is supposed to be harder)

Zel, have you considered making Golem/Alakazam/Gengar/Machamp gained by happiness evolution instead of level evolution?

Too cheap. At least, happiness evolution allows you to get powerful Pokemon on earlier levels. I dont like how that sounds.

In the normal, Red is gonna be just the same as he was on the original Gold. In the X... that's to be confirmed.

and i had a question did you scratch the ho-oh on the title screen cuz it looks really good

Neos helped with the titlescreen, I'm not really sure where he got it from (probably it's the same place where he's been getting the DP sprites for his hack, I dont remember the name of the place)

Random Question: Is there a way to get the "Stick" item for Farfetch'd? I happen to have two, one shiny (yays), and I want sticks for them. I tried stealing from wilds to no avail. They may have one and be rare, but according to Bulbapedia, it's only accessible in Vermillion in FireRed, and I can't find it there since it's all changed. If someone has a stick, can you tell me that it is possible? Maybe I just haven't looked hard enough. If not, can you, Zel, add it in somewhere? If you could add it as a held item for wild Farfetch'd, that'd be awesome. Certainly not a big deal, but I'd appreciate it.
whew, long question.

As far as I remember, nobody gives you the Stick item, but, since hold items in wild Pokemon wasnt changed, I think the wild Farfetch'd may have one, rarely.

Maybe in the islands I could give access to those "unique" items, but I'm not really sure.

Sent you a PM, blackpen.

I hope there's more bug-catching contests in the future. I was dumb and saved after wasting my first 2 chances by getting Everstones. Now I only have 1 Sun Stone and 2 pokemon to evolve. :/
Also liked the legendaries appearing on the map. Only ran into Entei so far, and it ran before I could even battle it. I deserved that, though. I actually decided to stop and save as soon as I saw it, THEN approach it. I don't know what made me think that would actually work.

There will, and most likely, will work based on timed events as everything else. But I want it to remain with a few chances till at least you reach the islands. It'll make you be more careful with what you do through the game.

And about Entei, keep in mind that as soon as you enter the map, it's already decided if it'll show up or not and if it'll flee or not. Making it harder to manipulate them :)

Zel was wondering if you would add the Stick (Farfetch'd) with the, Light Ball for (Pika), Metal Powder (Ditto), Soul Dew (Latios/Latias), Deepseascale, Deepseatooth (Clampearl Sp Atk, Def), Lucky Punch, Lucky Egg (Chansey) Thick Club (Marowak) with a decent drop rate if not in the game. I wonder if the other hold items would be available through purchases. Zigzagoon pickups are cool, some free items yea.

Nope, I'm not gonna change the drop rate, but as I said before, maybe I'll give an easy access to them on the islands (which is almost like at the end of the game)

Can you change golds backsprite to make him look forward like Red did in FireRed/LeafGreen because he looks fat sideways.

I like his sprite and specially the pose, even if not everyone agree with me.

Hrm...

Mewtwo on B6? Not yet. It's just too awesome to get it yet >o<

*takes a deep breath...*

yo zel, hows the hackin goin, i made a new banner 4 u, hope u like it:
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/5809/bgsg0.th.png (http://img242.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bgsg0.png)

Thanks, I hope to remember to upload it to the first post (better send it to me in a PM so I wont forget about it)

Since about the first months of 2006.

As the happiness evolution, using items for evolving is another easy solution. I just made a few Pokes evolve that way, and with varied stones, which I think is fair enough.

I wish I remembered all the dates precisely, but I dont... :\

Anyway, there are still a good bunch of slots, and even if they dont seem to have enough Pokes in their lineups, I can always repoint their lineups to free space to give them more Pokes :)

In terms of rom space, it's amazing, I still havent used as much space as I thought I'd need when I started :)

im not sure if this is against the rules but how do you rematch the trainers your registered i call them up but they never want to rematch me does it have something to do with picking the berries and waiting 5 mins or something?

Exactly, getting rematches is also chained with the timed events. If you activated a timed event before, the trainers will keep saying their random stuff. Just walk around without interacting with anything and they'll accept rematches. However, as soon as you get one, a timed event activates, so you know what that means.

To begin with, I dont like the idea of having all the rivals gathered on the same place.
Then, the whole idea of challenges sounds appealing, but I kinda have something like that planned, without the prizes you mention. Though I agree that having move tutors as prizes seems fair. Too bad I cannot change the move they teach...

That's because of the map that was used, I think. Need to remember to change that map... -_-

Even if I helped someone else in the past, currently I just work on my own game. And I dont plan to start anything till I'm finished with this one first.

*one more, one more...*

Hello i am new here and I didn't read every thing so I am not sure if anyone mentioned it, but there is a problem with the Red Gyarados, as soon as I see it every pokemon is shiny wild and trainer's and it won' stop.
I would appreciate some help
Thanx

OH Zel I like your hack when will the new version be finished

Seems like a problem that used to happen in older Betas. On the last one it should work ok, are you using the B5?

*and that's it, now I'm gonna keep working on my stuff... faints*

Apple Inc.
August 16th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Hey zel do you remember the Winstrate Family in RSE? Why not put them in Kanto like they just moved in.

JJK
August 16th, 2008, 01:39 PM
...And the gold medal in the Anwserlympics goes to zel. Michael Phelps, scram. There's a new champ on the block.

As for the shinies, at least i have something to cash in on god when i REALLY try to win the lottery. (lucky hacker wtf *grunt*)
But then again, as i said, he hates me.

Hey zel do you remember the Winstrate Family in RSE? Why not put them in Kanto like they just moved in.

I support this idea, but it's just a tiny wimpy side quest, leave it to last, there are other priorities. Good idea tough, how unfortunate it would be finished in 5 minutes, unless the challenge is different from RSE.

Craver
August 16th, 2008, 02:31 PM
What so, Crazy?!!! I'm translating Mahogany Town :D by the moment... se u!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
!!!¿Que onda loco?!!!

Este... mirà, anduve con lo de la traduccion esta, pero... segùn las "estadisticas" ya casi nadie juega al SG B5... de frente mal te digo, ¿no creès que seria bueno esperar a la 6? ya que igualmente (en Mahogany que es donde estoy) no tuve que repuntear casi nada y si lo hice busque lugares en 00, de todas manera nada se jodiò.
En tu decision queda. ¿o deberia decir queda a tu criterio? que se yo...

Pikachu of Chaos™
August 16th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Shinygold is awesome! I love the screenshots,music, and the graphics!
Good job! Keep up the good work, Zel!

alureon
August 17th, 2008, 06:17 AM
lol well yeah, but it's mean to be intense. I might block rating though, since whoever gave my GSC trainer battle a 2 doesn't even have the guts to tell me how it could be improved or why they gave it such a low rating.

Being intense is mean, my fault sorry. It was a good Yugi parody =). Whoever gave you a two should tell you why, I agree. Since he can tell you what could be improved. To me tho the music is 100 % great. This is one of the greatest games of all time, you guys are really good with them hacks.

nooooooooooo
August 17th, 2008, 03:24 PM
does anyone know where the script is in the trick house before you get the 8th badge? im using my psp to type so sorry if its unclear

poddish
August 17th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Hey zel,
will you put trainers in mt. silver if you have enough slots left?

Also you could put rare pokemon in a new room in that cave and you get to it by going through a door that is behind red.

Or you could put a mini-game behind that door.

Rexhunter99
August 20th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Zel, this is amazing, the last time I was here, it was a humble and simple hack, now its like a whole new game!
This puts the original RSE games to shame!
Keep up the good work.

destinedjagold
August 21st, 2008, 12:10 AM
and I thought I finished playing the hack (except the Jirachi event. I haven't found asingle clue about it in the game. :laugh:)

anyways, I guess I thought wrong. Zel, after I battled a lvl 50 Kangaskhan and caught Snorlax, I went through Diglett's cave. o.O
I thought Diglett's Cave was not accessable. oh well...
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa154/destinedjagold/ShinyGoldBeta5_01-4.png

still a great game, zel. :P
keep it up~
do your best what you can!

Rexhunter99
August 21st, 2008, 12:46 AM
We were discussing new tilesets for Pokemon Pallidium not to long ago, then I found your screens, and the way the Tiles look, just fits, its not harsh like Diamond and Pearl yet its a breath of fresh air to the advanced series.

El Moss
August 21st, 2008, 12:56 AM
I can't believe it's so close to finishing! ... And it looks... Perfect!

Unfortunately I haven't played any recent betas following about beta... 1... So I can't really congratulate you on anything much, but from what I've it looks perfect (Have I said that already?)

People are probably going to get annoyed for me asking this but when are you going to release beta 6 (Because it looks as if it's pretty much done, unless you're adding loads of music and minigames and cool stuff to 6 which I thought would probably go in 7... )

Emeralder
August 21st, 2008, 01:45 AM
It is perfect it is so cool i can't wait until it's done

I have a problem i can't save save the game the changing from 64k to 128k flash save didn't help
so I downloaded a patch which corrects the problem but than I can't play Shiny gold because they are both .ips files. so i was wondering is it possible to combine those two files.

here is the link yousendit.com/download/Q01IYUlpTk1wcFZFQlE9PQ
it is the save patch

The Immortal
August 21st, 2008, 01:50 AM
and I thought I finished playing the hack (except the Jirachi event. I haven't found asingle clue about it in the game. :laugh:)

anyways, I guess I thought wrong. Zel, after I battled a lvl 50 Kangaskhan and caught Snorlax, I went through Diglett's cave. o.O

still a great game, zel. :P
keep it up~
do your best what you can!

Did you catch Articuno? I did, I completely finished SGXB5.

grigor
August 21st, 2008, 03:07 AM
I battled a lvl 50 Kangaskhan and caught Snorlax, I went through Diglett's cave. o.O

Diglett's Cave is not accessable because B5 hack hasn't arrived there. The B5 finishes at Fuchsia City.

deathmoon
August 21st, 2008, 03:10 AM
Diglett's Cave is not accessable because B5 hack hasn't arrived there. The B5 finishes at Fuchsia City.

Digglet's cave is accessible, you battle ashlee at the end of it, her party is quite tough to beat.

grigor
August 21st, 2008, 07:45 AM
Digglet's cave is accessible, you battle ashlee at the end of it, her party is quite tough to beat.

Sorry.
I thought Time isn't using B5 because I observe in the screen that the map is incomplete.

Platinum Lucario
August 21st, 2008, 07:52 AM
Hi Zel, how has things been going for Pokémon Shiny Gold?
I like the remixes that clonex25 has done, I bet everyone can't wait for Beta 6. ;)
It sure has been 2 years you've been working on Pokémon Shiny Gold, I remember when Shiny Gold was first released, on the first Beta, the tileset wasn't changed until Beta 4. But the first Beta had a lot of problems on it. :\ That was only because you just started ROM Hacking, but now it seems like your much better at it now. Things sure have changed. I can't wait for Beta 6 since it's going to have a lot of features in it, and a lot of music inserted as well. A lot of the members (but not all) who join PC are only here for your hack (and maybe ask for release dates XD), anyway good luck. :)

Satoshi-Ash
August 21st, 2008, 02:08 PM
Zel. Please tell me your gonna put the original Rocket Theme and the original Rocket Battle Theme in, please. I was very disappointed.

Sarcastic Prince
August 21st, 2008, 04:41 PM
Zel. Please tell me your gonna put the original Rocket Theme and the original Rocket Battle Theme in, please. I was very disappointed.

Original Rocket Theme doesn't have big hopes, but Rocket's Battle Theme is

ALREADY inserted.

Satoshi-Ash
August 22nd, 2008, 02:40 PM
Original Rocket Theme doesn't have big hopes, but Rocket's Battle Theme is

ALREADY inserted.

That's funny, because the theme that plays when you battle Rocket Member's is the Magma Boss Battle Theme. Also, couldn't he just rip the Rocket Theme from Ruby/Sapphire? It was put in the game but was never used.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZIMgLBrHv4&feature=related

Keruri
August 22nd, 2008, 03:24 PM
just wow. I've been playing this thing on and off today, and I love it. Great job!

Sarcastic Prince
August 22nd, 2008, 04:48 PM
That's funny, because the theme that plays when you battle Rocket Member's is the Magma Boss Battle Theme. Also, couldn't he just rip the Rocket Theme from Ruby/Sapphire? It was put in the game but was never used.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZIMgLBrHv4&feature=related

I mean, the Rocket Battle Theme is already inserted in Beta 6.

I aplogize for the confusion.

A Pixy
August 22nd, 2008, 08:24 PM
I Beat this game and I swear to god it's the best hack I ever did play!

Satoshi-Ash
August 22nd, 2008, 08:42 PM
I mean, the Rocket Battle Theme is already inserted in Beta 6.

I aplogize for the confusion.

I see. Sorry if I sounded harsh.

Stop Messing Up My Files, Porygon-Z!
August 23rd, 2008, 03:31 AM
I found a cheat in the Fourth Beta!

Get to Blackthorn City Easy

When you need to get to Blackthorn, just get to New Bark somehow. Then surf to that road that leads to Tohjo Falls. Surf back. When you try to fly, the map'll be Kanto's map. Try to fly to Route 4. You'll end up in Blackthorn!!!

Banjora Marxvile
August 23rd, 2008, 03:37 AM
I found a cheat in the Fourth Beta!

Get to Blackthorn City Easy

When you need to get to Blackthorn, just get to New Bark somehow. Then surf to that road that leads to Tohjo Falls. Surf back. When you try to fly, the map'll be Kanto's map. Try to fly to Route 4. You'll end up in Blackthorn!!!

Why are you still playing Beta 4. Beta 5 is on the 1st page. It might be fixed in Beta 5. Probably will be fixed in beta 6 if it hasn't already in beta 5.

Joshuawazza
August 23rd, 2008, 04:17 AM
I'm playing beta 4 to because beta 5 doesn't work with the iphone...Someone knows how i can make beta 5 work?

InMooseWeTrust
August 23rd, 2008, 04:24 AM
How do you get Articuno in this game? I saw on an earlier thread that somebody caught it.

JJK
August 23rd, 2008, 04:39 AM
Did you catch Articuno? I did, I completely finished SGXB5.
Walk-trough-walls... so you dont need Arti to finish shinygold.
But when I finished mine i wandered about using it, and just look at what i found:

Nº1 - Viridian. Nothing special.

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/1551/shinygoldxb5byzel2ha8.png

Nº2 - Grandpa a.k.a. Old Man. Teh image of ULTIMATE WISDOM.(lol)

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/3561/shinygoldxb5byzel1eb1.png

Nº3 - Viridian Forest. It's alredy complete, it could have been inserted in beta 5.

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/2927/shinygoldxb5byzel3on2.png

Nº 4 - Same trainer (lol)

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/7458/shinygoldxb5byzel4ci9.png

Nº 5 - Careful packaging.

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/5769/shinygoldxb5byzel5az7.png

Zel, warn me if you want this post deleted.

The Immortal
August 23rd, 2008, 04:51 AM
I've seen all those already, I got Aerodactyl using the Old Amber.

Giovanni Boss
August 23rd, 2008, 02:44 PM
Sent you a PM, blackpen.

Use thief on Solrocks. It may be hard, but with some [ok, a lot of] luck, mainly because it's a rare poké, you'll get a Sun Stone.

Well, Zel, how is Feebas going to evolve?
And I'd like to ask you one thing: If you trade Pokémon locations, I mean those from beta 5, lease let me know so I can make a correct dex list for beta 6.
Also, just to remind you: Super Rod in Cerulean's Gym and Ruins of Alph. These are the missing.

clonex25
August 23rd, 2008, 10:05 PM
Good day, guys. It's been a long time since I last logged in. I've been busy in preparation for my new job.

I think I already have a remix of this one sent to Zel. It only depends if he will insert in in B6. Anyways, clink the link to my music collection thread in my signature to have a preview.

Hi Zel, how has things been going for Pokémon Shiny Gold?
I like the remixes that clonex25 has done, I bet everyone can't wait for Beta 6. ;)
It sure has been 2 years you've been working on Pokémon Shiny Gold, I remember when Shiny Gold was first released, on the first Beta, the tileset wasn't changed until Beta 4. But the first Beta had a lot of problems on it. :\ That was only because you just started ROM Hacking, but now it seems like your much better at it now. Things sure have changed. I can't wait for Beta 6 since it's going to have a lot of features in it, and a lot of music inserted as well. A lot of the members (but not all) who join PC are only here for your hack (and maybe ask for release dates XD), anyway good luck. :)

I haven't included all, but thanks for commenting in my remixes. I know they could be better, but still, I don't have the time to fix them as of now (got a new job and it requires a whole lotta me [jokes] and I dunno when will be my next day off) that's why I'm leaving it all to Magnius.

To anyone who wants to PM me: My PMing is still off and please don't bother to send a profile message requesting for the remix packages and the looping stuff (I may not have the time to send a link to you).

'Til then.

Magnius
August 24th, 2008, 02:31 AM
Good day, guys. It's been a long time since I last logged in. I've been busy in preparation for my new job.

I think I already have a remix of this one sent to Zel. It only depends if he will insert in in B6. Anyways, clink the link to my music collection thread in my signature to have a preview.

I haven't included all, but thanks for commenting in my remixes. I know they could be better, but still, I don't have the time to fix them as of now (got a new job and it requires a whole lotta me [jokes] and I dunno when will be my next day off) that's why I'm leaving it all to Magnius.

To anyone who wants to PM me: My PMing is still off and please don't bother to send a profile message requesting for the remix packages and the looping stuff (I may not have the time to send a link to you).

'Til then.
lol don't take it too hard. I mean a lot of your remixes are good, but I feel that a few of them just don't take advantage enough of the hardware. But there is a lot of stuff I liked.

bigmoew
August 24th, 2008, 04:42 AM
Zel, thanks for all your hard work on this fantastic hack. I was wondering if you could add support for gpSPhone, the Gameboy Advance emulator for the iPhone and iTouch. Beta 4 works, but not beta 5.

Here's the developors website if you need it; www dot zodttd dot com

Sarcastic Prince
August 24th, 2008, 04:46 AM
Zel, thanks for all your hard work on this fantastic hack. I was wondering if you could add support for gpSPhone, the Gameboy Advance emulator for the iPhone and iTouch. Beta 4 works, but not beta 5.

Here's the developors website if you need it; www dot zodttd dot com

No. How hard is it to download VBA (Visual Boy Advance)?

Many people use VBA but you...?

bigmoew
August 24th, 2008, 04:51 AM
The hell do I need to use VBA for? I'm in my car, driving to work and when I get there, I'm supposed to whip out my laptop? I'm using my Iphone. Also, I directed my comment to Zel, not some butthurt hanger-on.

deathmoon
August 24th, 2008, 06:27 AM
My only complaint of this game is the lack of good moves. Most of my pokemon are using decent move sets, but not the best they could be. For example: Heracross knows return, earthquake, megahorn, and brick break. That moveset is lacking one good move, and that would be rock slide, that's just an example.

SaniOKh
August 24th, 2008, 06:28 AM
=> bigmoew
The GPSP emulator for my GP2X has no problem with this ROM, as long as it's patched with an IPS utility. What do you mean, it doesn't work? Just
out of curiosity.

~Misty~
August 24th, 2008, 06:37 AM
Hey Zel!

Great hack btw, I've been playing it forever, but When I got after the Elite Four, I wasn't able to load my game back in my room.... so my game was done. I'll have to start ALL over but it's ok, anyways, I'll just wait until Beta 6 comes out! Awesome job though!

EJames2100
August 24th, 2008, 07:05 AM
On your emulator find out where the save type is and save it to 128 and then delete your .sav or .sa1 and start again you'll be fine :)

Joshuawazza
August 24th, 2008, 07:59 AM
=> bigmoew
The GPSP emulator for my GP2X has no problem with this ROM, as long as it's patched with an IPS utility. What do you mean, it doesn't work? Just
out of curiosity.

I'm using the gpsphone on my itouch to...Beta 4 works perfectly but with beta 5 you can't press the start button or else the emulator freezes.

Sarcastic Prince
August 24th, 2008, 04:16 PM
The hell do I need to use VBA for? I'm in my car, driving to work and when I get there, I'm supposed to whip out my laptop? I'm using my Iphone. Also, I directed my comment to Zel, not some butthurt hanger-on.

I'm only saying this it's because it's programmed to work on every single

hack/rom. (Except for the DS ones)

Aussie Riolu
August 25th, 2008, 02:36 AM
Well, Zel, how is Feebas going to evolve?

I think you use a Water Stone.

I don't think there's any need for you to talk like that. -_-

Crosell
August 25th, 2008, 02:42 AM
i Think feebas just evolves the normall way.
Raise his feeling towards you and level it up.
Or something like that.

justcoziwantshinygold
August 25th, 2008, 06:00 AM
on pokemon shiny gold x in mahogany town after i talked to lance and went back i saved my game then went into the shop that amelia is outside of. i went back outside and talked to amelia but once she had given me the items she didnt go away so i alked agen. basically she stayed there until i went 2 the poke center and got loads of items.

my suggestion to fix this is to move amelia in infront of the door after you talk to lance

i havent got any screen shots so you'll have to trust me

great hack by the way, truly awesome:)

emo_child
August 25th, 2008, 07:57 AM
this hack is amazing i love it zel you are truly amazing

msdmario
August 25th, 2008, 11:49 AM
i Think feebas just evolves the normall way.
Raise his feeling towards you and level it up.
Or something like that.

It won't work in Fire Red like that. Feebas needed its Beauty to be raised to 170 which can only be done in R/S/E which defeats the purpose of catching all the Pokemon without having to trade.

I'd rather have Feebas evolve purely on leveling it up like most Pokemon. There are too many Pokemon already using the Water Stone to evolve due to the new evolutions in Shiny Gold.

VFlea
August 25th, 2008, 01:42 PM
No doubt about which is the best hack I've ever played.

But, I've got a question concerning the hack. Will all of the 386 pokémons be available?

Dr Gregory House
August 25th, 2008, 02:55 PM
No doubt about which is the best hack I've ever played.

But, I've got a question concerning the hack. Will all of the 386 pokémons be available?
Perhaps not in beta 6, but yes, they will eventually all be available.
Am I right zel?
btw, haven't been here in ages, keep up the gr8 work!

.:GaBrIeL:.
August 25th, 2008, 04:37 PM
the maps good! the tilesets good! the scripts are good! the battles are good! THE GAME IS DANG GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!

narutomaster493
August 25th, 2008, 05:01 PM
I think this is better then the original.

Emeralder
August 26th, 2008, 12:20 AM
there is a small glitch when i reach the elite four I can fly to pallet town but I end up in new bark
and everything is full of grass when I enter the lab or a house and exit everything is back to normal

shinygoldash
August 26th, 2008, 01:15 AM
there is a small glitch when i reach the elite four I can fly to pallet town but I end up in new bark
and everything is full of grass when I enter the lab or a house and exit everything is back to normal

Fixed as he used that map you went to as Pallet Town's base.

Emeralder
August 26th, 2008, 02:42 AM
what's with the rock near cerulean city

i can't go past it
it says Message from zel:I forbid you to proceed any further.
Don't try to move this rock or use walk through cheat.

is there going to be something in the future

Sarcastic Prince
August 26th, 2008, 02:58 AM
what's with the rock near cerulean city

i can't go past it
it says Message from zel:I forbid you to proceed any further.
Don't try to move this rock or use walk through cheat.

is there going to be something in the future

Well, it's supposed to have Mewtwo inside it.

Emeralder
August 26th, 2008, 03:09 AM
supposed to have mewtwo

when will it have it

Super.Goomba
August 26th, 2008, 03:51 AM
Um... I was hoping to patch the new version, but I would rather not restart the game. My current version is... let me check... I have no idea, but I do know that in that version, there are a bunch of trees blocking the surf area to Kanto, and currently I am completing side quests that easiest to complete when one has defeated Gym Leaders Chuck and Jasmine. If I just patch the .IPS to the old ROM, will I miss out on anything cool?

supposed to have mewtwo

when will it have it

I don't think that means will appear there later. I'm no expert, as I have not reached that section of the game, but I think the sign is there because, in area normally (as in, Firered, the game this hack is erm... hacked from), you enter the cave and battle Mewtwo, which does not happen in GSC. My gues is that he has not yet removed that cave so, he instead puts a big boulder in front of the cave.

ejmediavillo
August 26th, 2008, 04:39 AM
when will beta 6 be release

Blazichu
August 26th, 2008, 04:45 AM
when will beta 6 be release

Do not ask for beta release dates, zel will provide you with that information when he wants to.

ZBDP
August 26th, 2008, 04:48 AM
THIS IS THE BEST POKEMON HACK EVARR!!!!! LOL

Question:Are u gonna add a script for Pokemon Trainer Red? Sorry, but in the original, he was the only CHALLENGING trainer in the whole game!

So, are you going to add a script for him? plz reply as soon as you can.

El Moss
August 26th, 2008, 06:41 AM
THIS IS THE BEST POKEMON HACK EVARR!!!!! LOL

Question:Are u gonna add a script for Pokemon Trainer Red? Sorry, but in the original, he was the only CHALLENGING trainer in the whole game!

So, are you going to add a script for him? plz reply as soon as you can.

Yes, Zel is adding new things but he's not taking away anything that was in the original Gold/Silver except old Dungeon maps... Oh, and the Pokegear, and the day and night functions... And the... Actually... I was going to go on and list loads of things fro a joke but... I think Zel's got pretty much everything... Headbutt... Whirlpool... Red Gyrados... Hmm... Wow, this hack rocks!

Um... I was hoping to patch the new version, but I would rather not restart the game. My current version is... let me check... I have no idea, but I do know that in that version, there are a bunch of trees blocking the surf area to Kanto, and currently I am completing side quests that easiest to complete when one has defeated Gym Leaders Chuck and Jasmine. If I just patch the .IPS to the old ROM, will I miss out on anything cool?

I don't think that means will appear there later. I'm no expert, as I have not reached that section of the game, but I think the sign is there because, in area normally (as in, Firered, the game this hack is erm... hacked from), you enter the cave and battle Mewtwo, which does not happen in GSC. My gues is that he has not yet removed that cave so, he instead puts a big boulder in front of the cave.

I'm not sure whether you've got it right or not (I can't quite understand) , but just to make it a little clearer, the game will eventually have ALL legendary pokemon including Mewtwo, but as Zel said in an earlier post "Mewtwo's too awesome to put in this Beta!" or something along those lines anyway... So, he's just put the boulder to TEMPORARILY stop you from getting into the cave, instead of just emoving the entrance and warp event.

On the subject of obtaining every pokemon without trading, have you (Question intended at Zel) considered a way of getting the other two Johto starters, for example if I were to pick Totodile (Totodile ftw!) could I obtain Chikorita/Cyndaquil?