PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16

Super.Goomba
August 26th, 2008, 06:54 AM
I'm not sure whether you've got it right or not (I can't quite understand) , but just to make it a little clearer, the game will eventually have ALL legendary pokemon including Mewtwo, but as Zel said in an earlier post "Mewtwo's too awesome to put in this Beta!" or something along those lines anyway... So, he's just put the boulder to TEMPORARILY stop you from getting into the cave, instead of just emoving the entrance and warp event.

Oh, ok! Cool! Unfortunatly, that doesn't answer my question about the Patching...

Aljam
August 26th, 2008, 11:11 AM
I found a glitch in the game. when i traded bellsprout for onix, it traded my cyndaquil. WTF>

-Sonic~Boom-
August 26th, 2008, 12:22 PM
This hack is coming along really nicely. The tiles are brilliant, The extra events are great and fun, not to mention it has been incoporated into the orginal Gold storyline very well.

Keep it up zel, this is awesome~

XD001234
August 26th, 2008, 01:32 PM
hey zel is there ever going to be another big battle with carlos (*SPOLIERS the one after beating lance where the necron battle song plays)

P.S. do you know who did the midi for that song i want to ask him/her something

Sarcastic Prince
August 26th, 2008, 03:09 PM
hey zel is there ever going to be another big battle with carlos (*SPOLIERS the one after beating lance where the necron battle song plays)

Well, it should be Magnius or Clonex.

XD001234
August 26th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Well, it should be Magnius or Clonex.

but i don't know which one of them

chald
August 26th, 2008, 09:08 PM
i just beat shiny gold and when i want to continue i cant i saved when i got in the inductee after the credits it takes me back to the beginning.
(BTW i have version 5)

Sarcastic Prince
August 26th, 2008, 11:56 PM
but i don't know which one of them

Well, then ask either of them.

Ningamer
August 27th, 2008, 01:37 AM
Is there any chance that, once you are happy with everything about the whole game, you could put hoenn in? Or would that be impossible as it would make the ROM too big and it would completely corrupt?

Nice work so far! Keep it up!

^_^ my first post ^_^

JJK
August 27th, 2008, 01:42 AM
I found a glitch in the game. when i traded bellsprout for onix, it traded my cyndaquil. WTF>
The general awnser is bad patching, but that is the weirdest error i ever saw.

Emeralder
August 27th, 2008, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by Ningamer (http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=107657)
Is there any chance that, once you are happy with everything about the whole game, you could put hoenn in? Or would that be impossible as it would make the ROM too big and it would completely corrupt?yeah adding hoenn in the game would be cool

and I am interested in another thing the second big rock in the dragon's den dose it have anything to do with lance being the dragon master and it says that legendary dragon pokemon is on the mountain is it rayquaza or something else

Ningamer
August 27th, 2008, 02:33 AM
Bug report: The bug catcher just before Violet City. His name when I battled him was 2TRAINER/1 for the whole battle.
o_0 weird

And who is Carlos?!?! Is he one of the extra additions that you mentioned? Certainly made Violet gym a lot harder ¬_¬

I don't like the new music. It sounds like it keeps crackling. I prefer the old music. Couldn't you have taken the island 4 music for cherrygrove?

Ninja Caterpie
August 27th, 2008, 02:46 AM
No, those things are meant to be 2TRAINER/1 and stuff probably cos Zel can't remember their names.

And Carlos is Zel.

Ningamer
August 27th, 2008, 03:13 AM
i just beat shiny gold and when i want to continue i cant i saved when i got in the inductee after the credits it takes me back to the beginning.
(BTW i have version 5)
You've probably lost your saves. Next time you play, In the emulator go to:
Options->Emulator->Save Type and click Flash 128K. That way it will save normally. This may be due to the sizo of the game and how much it has to save: Pokemon, Pokedex, NPCs, events, player coordinates etc. Basically it's a huge save file and needs more memory.

@ Dark Lakitu: Zel has a copy of gold so there's no reason why he cant change the name.

Edit: O noes! I can't save! I keep getting save error. Yes, It's on Flash 128K. 'Please exchange the backup memory'. I'm using save states for now.

Aquilae
August 27th, 2008, 06:10 AM
The weird names are markers to determine whether zel has implemented the phone system for each of the trainers. I'm not really sure whether those trainers with such names have it implemented or not.

GTAPlayer
August 27th, 2008, 06:31 AM
Dang this was the TRUE Pokemon back in the day. It's nice to see it relived again.

Ningamer
August 27th, 2008, 09:11 AM
The weird names are markers to determine whether zel has implemented the phone system for each of the trainers. I'm not really sure whether those trainers with such names have it implemented or not.
Oh, ok. The hiker outside union cave has a weird name aswell. Thanks for clearing it up.

Why is Ho-oh's overworld sprite red and blue, but all other sprites green and red? I know it's not zel, but I askz Game Freak.

I nabbed myself a level 1 treeko! w00t!

JJK
August 27th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Oh, ok. The hiker outside union cave has a weird name aswell. Thanks for clearing it up.

Why is Ho-oh's overworld sprite red and blue, but all other sprites green and red? I know it's not zel, but I askz Game Freak.

I nabbed myself a level 1 treeko! w00t!
1st, every single trainer available for phone registrations has the same name, with the number in the beggining to be the only changing thing.

2nd, that overworld sprite (i think) isn't from any main series ADV, it's from Mystery Dungeon Red. The blue wings (and lugia's eyebrows, but i've seen the BOTH in blue and black, so any of them is okay) have alredy been reposrted, and will be changed (unsure if it will be on beta 6 or later).

3rd, nabbing a Treecko, like i did, used to be tough, as u had to have a lot of "eye", but it's easy now that it has been posted on youtube...

And zel, i'm sure there were a Juggler on the original Gold who said "Oops, dropped my balls!" when he lost...

destinedjagold
August 27th, 2008, 03:34 PM
zelly zel zel~

how are things going?

anyways, I got a question...
now that you are really good at making awesome minigames, are you planning on enhancing the Bug Catching Contest? :D

anyways, keep things up~

Ramengan
August 27th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Use thief on Solrocks. It may be hard, but with some [ok, a lot of] luck, mainly because it's a rare poké, you'll get a Sun Stone.
Cool. I haven't run into a Solrock yet, but I'll look where I've battled Lunatones and see how that works out.

Also, just to remind you: Super Rod in Cerulean's Gym and Ruins of Alph. These are the missing.
Haha amazing. Didn't see that before. I'm kinda tempted to catch one and throw it in my Bad EGG box. (It's got one Bad EGG and 3 more invisible ones. Not sure how they got there, but I think it's growing over time. Hmm...)

DUNGEON PROBLEM! Not sure if this has already been reported, but I was exploring Victory Road, entering from the Plateu side, and I managed to get completely stuck. There is a ledge you can hop down and run into an area where you need surf to continue. The problem is, I didn't have a surfing pokemon with me at the time. I'm pretty sure it's impossible to get where I did without surf coming from the SOUTH exit, but when you enter from the NORTH, you can go there and get stuck forever unless you can dig/escape rope out (or reset).

Also, not to be a damper or anything, but I stumbled across a thread that shows some dislike for this game. They appear to have a deep hatred for a lot of the new events, especially the characters, but they seem to like the rest of it overall. It's at gamespite (dot) net (slash) talkingtime, in the Let's Play Already subforum (sorry, seems I don't have enough posts to put in links yet). While it does show negativity, they do bring up some good points that could help improve Shiny Gold. ;)
Also I completely forgot about that really long staircase. It kinda hit a nerve for me, as well some of the rivals' dialogue. Perhaps re-work on them in future betas as this game nears final release?

One last thing, I don't feel the Ghostbuster event sequence is well hinted at. I got pretty stuck before breaking down and looking around for a way to get past Cerulean. Looking back, it wan't completely unobvious, but it wasn't a very smooth story segment. Same for Celebi, but that's different 'cause it's a legendary and such.

hooray for my critical post!

deadlyangel91792
August 27th, 2008, 05:02 PM
hello zel and his team i am a huge fan of shiny gold it was basically the reason i joined pokecommunity now im really glad i did ive played some really good hacks but no matter what i play this is still the best.i do have a few questions though are we going to be able to battle red in mt silver and also what new legends will be availeble in the next beta?

zel 2.0
August 27th, 2008, 06:42 PM
I'll just take care of all the answering before going to sleep (sorry if I miss someone, as always)

Did you catch Articuno? I did, I completely finished SGXB5.

Please, refrain from doing stuff with cheat codes -_-

Digglet's cave is accessible, you battle ashlee at the end of it, her party is quite tough to beat.

CARLOS: Her party is TOUGH!? Dont make me laugh... How in the world a GIRL with a puny PIKACHU can be tough? Pathetic...

Hi Zel, how has things been going for Pokémon Shiny Gold?
I like the remixes that clonex25 has done, I bet everyone can't wait for Beta 6. ;)
It sure has been 2 years you've been working on Pokémon Shiny Gold, I remember when Shiny Gold was first released, on the first Beta, the tileset wasn't changed until Beta 4. But the first Beta had a lot of problems on it. :\ That was only because you just started ROM Hacking, but now it seems like your much better at it now. Things sure have changed. I can't wait for Beta 6 since it's going to have a lot of features in it, and a lot of music inserted as well. A lot of the members (but not all) who join PC are only here for your hack (and maybe ask for release dates XD), anyway good luck. :)

Yeah, a lot of things happened. I'm doing good in college and now I have a job, oh and also I have a lot of people behind me forcing me to complete this hack :P

I found a cheat in the Fourth Beta!

Get to Blackthorn City Easy

When you need to get to Blackthorn, just get to New Bark somehow. Then surf to that road that leads to Tohjo Falls. Surf back. When you try to fly, the map'll be Kanto's map. Try to fly to Route 4. You'll end up in Blackthorn!!!

I dont know if it's something of an old Beta this time. It could be, because Blackthorn's flypost flag was changed recently. Try doing the same on the B5 (Yeah, I know that with Teleport that still works, but you know how much I dislike that move...)

Walk-trough-walls... so you dont need Arti to finish shinygold.
But when I finished mine i wandered about using it, and just look at what i found:

Well, it's just stuff that happens on areas that I havent implemented on that Beta, so I cant worry about that (in fact, they are probably all fixed as I reached those areas), dont send bugs of areas I obviously havent worked on.

Well, Zel, how is Feebas going to evolve?
And I'd like to ask you one thing: If you trade Pokémon locations, I mean those from beta 5, lease let me know so I can make a correct dex list for beta 6.
Also, just to remind you: Super Rod in Cerulean's Gym and Ruins of Alph. These are the missing.

Crossel had the answer right, you might want to check out what he said.

And I dont think I'll move any Pokemon, at least for the next release. Maybe later I would move the Pokes I put inside the ruins of alph.
Alright, I doubt I'll remember about it later, but I'll try '^o^

Zel, thanks for all your hard work on this fantastic hack. I was wondering if you could add support for gpSPhone, the Gameboy Advance emulator for the iPhone and iTouch. Beta 4 works, but not beta 5.

Here's the developors website if you need it; www dot zodttd dot com

I dont know why it stopped working, but I definitely dont want to lose my time on making a rom hack work for all the trendy gadgets that can exist. It doesnt sound too appealing to me. That's why I stick to making sure it works for the PC, if you want to make it work on your gadget, you are on your own, sorry.

My only complaint of this game is the lack of good moves. Most of my pokemon are using decent move sets, but not the best they could be. For example: Heracross knows return, earthquake, megahorn, and brick break. That moveset is lacking one good move, and that would be rock slide, that's just an example.

Except for the TM list changes and the lack of the move tutors, the movesets for the pokes are the same as in FR, so it's not a problem of the game. Besides, I think there are a lot of useful moves that are accesible through breeding. I like the breeding part of Pokemon, that's why I'll let those moves to be gained only by that way.

on pokemon shiny gold x in mahogany town after i talked to lance and went back i saved my game then went into the shop that amelia is outside of. i went back outside and talked to amelia but once she had given me the items she didnt go away so i alked agen. basically she stayed there until i went 2 the poke center and got loads of items.

my suggestion to fix this is to move amelia in infront of the door after you talk to lance

i havent got any screen shots so you'll have to trust me

great hack by the way, truly awesome:)

How many times I have been reported of that? I'll try to make the event that way (because I never had that problem), but I guess it'd be better to have a video about that (a video that would start before reaching Mahogany and doing everything till you reach the glitched Amelia would be prefered, but I'm not sure about the length)

But, I've got a question concerning the hack. Will all of the 386 pokémons be available?

Yep, in the final release.

what's with the rock near cerulean city

i can't go past it
it says Message from zel:I forbid you to proceed any further.
Don't try to move this rock or use walk through cheat.

is there going to be something in the future

There was some talking about that and since I dont want to spoil a lot, I'll only say about what you've been discussing "some parts are right and some parts are wrong", just some patience and you'll see what I mean.

THIS IS THE BEST POKEMON HACK EVARR!!!!! LOL

Question:Are u gonna add a script for Pokemon Trainer Red? Sorry, but in the original, he was the only CHALLENGING trainer in the whole game!

So, are you going to add a script for him? plz reply as soon as you can.

I'm sticking to the original as far as I can, so yes, he's obviously in. How could we not have him? The former champion of Kanto!

On the subject of obtaining every pokemon without trading, have you (Question intended at Zel) considered a way of getting the other two Johto starters, for example if I were to pick Totodile (Totodile ftw!) could I obtain Chikorita/Cyndaquil?

At least I have something for one, not too sure about the other. And of course, that's as much as I can say...

Too weird, as JJK said. Are you sure you are using the (U) version of FR?

And more spoiler asking which I'll have to avoid... We are reaching the end of the game, so you can expect him to become a little more annoying >.<

Is there any chance that, once you are happy with everything about the whole game, you could put hoenn in? Or would that be impossible as it would make the ROM too big and it would completely corrupt?

Nice work so far! Keep it up!

^_^ my first post ^_^

Definitely not. It's enough with those island-like-region-or-something that we'll have in the final release. Hoenn would be too much and not like I'd have a lot to put there. Johto/Kanto and Hoenn dont match too well, anyway.

Bug report: The bug catcher just before Violet City. His name when I battled him was 2TRAINER/1 for the whole battle.
o_0 weird

And who is Carlos?!?! Is he one of the extra additions that you mentioned? Certainly made Violet gym a lot harder ¬_¬

I don't like the new music. It sounds like it keeps crackling. I prefer the old music. Couldn't you have taken the island 4 music for cherrygrove?

Not like I forget about changing them, I use them so I dont miss them (and it's "battle time" just in case I need to repair something about them in PET), they are just reminders for me, and will obviously be changed to normal once everything is fine.

Guess I dont need to say who Carlos is, right? Else he'd show up here and kick all of us' rears with his hot ultra super awesome Pokemon team... :P

The music, as I've said before, it'll be improved with time. Not like music hacking is something really old, so we just need more practice.

I dont know, but since I also have a palette with those colors, I'll be using it with blue wing tips (word?), I dont think I have another palette to match the green wing tips (word?)

zelly zel zel~

how are things going?

anyways, I got a question...
now that you are really good at making awesome minigames, are you planning on enhancing the Bug Catching Contest? :D

anyways, keep things up~

I should, right? I dont know, it really took me a lot (back then) to make the Bug Catching Contest. Now it's preety ironic how everything could be resolved by a random command when I made all of that with a tough variables engineering. I dont think I want to touch that event, it'd make me feel kinda sad at destroying all that work...

DUNGEON PROBLEM! Not sure if this has already been reported, but I was exploring Victory Road, entering from the Plateu side, and I managed to get completely stuck. There is a ledge you can hop down and run into an area where you need surf to continue. The problem is, I didn't have a surfing pokemon with me at the time. I'm pretty sure it's impossible to get where I did without surf coming from the SOUTH exit, but when you enter from the NORTH, you can go there and get stuck forever unless you can dig/escape rope out (or reset).

Also, not to be a damper or anything, but I stumbled across a thread that shows some dislike for this game. They appear to have a deep hatred for a lot of the new events, especially the characters, but they seem to like the rest of it overall. It's at gamespite (dot) net (slash) talkingtime, in the Let's Play Already subforum (sorry, seems I don't have enough posts to put in links yet). While it does show negativity, they do bring up some good points that could help improve Shiny Gold. ;)
Also I completely forgot about that really long staircase. It kinda hit a nerve for me, as well some of the rivals' dialogue. Perhaps re-work on them in future betas as this game nears final release?

One last thing, I don't feel the Ghostbuster event sequence is well hinted at. I got pretty stuck before breaking down and looking around for a way to get past Cerulean. Looking back, it wan't completely unobvious, but it wasn't a very smooth story segment. Same for Celebi, but that's different 'cause it's a legendary and such.

hooray for my critical post!

Ehhhhmmmm... I really dont pay too much attention to "escape" routes into the dungeons I make, and I dont think I'll ever will, as making escape routes will surely destroy the difficulty of the maze. I try to do what I can, but I guess I'm expecting a bit of carefulness by the player :\

I'm really more concerned about what people who play rom hacks often think about the game. Because they are the ones who know the effort we put into the thing that we do. Criticizing something without that knowledge is easy, but I cant really pay a lot of attention to that.
Anyway, I'm also more concerned about how I feel about the game. I know that I wanted to make a remake not so remake since I started, since, my saying is "you want a 100% remake? go play Gold on the GBC!", that's why complains about my extras will get ignored from me. But if you have something to improve them (not "just get rid of them"), I'll hear it (just remember that I'm quite stubborn and not very likely to make changes to stuff I already finished because of a comment)

I wonder what kind of things are wrong about the dialogues? If it's about spelling or grammar errors, it'd be understandable, since I'm not english. But I stay a while thinking on the content of the dialogues so they do not end up too "uninteresting" (though some of the trainers are not too interesting to begin with ¬_¬)

If my staircase is long, then it's probably because you've never been at the bottom of the ocean... XD

The Ghostbuster event is not obvious? That's right. And that's how it was supposed to be. It's OBVIOUSLY another way to make the player lose some time. Remember this is an RPG, where people should use their brain to think what he should be doing next. Besides, I think the president were really clear that "it doesnt work" and "someone in Johto had a working version" and "the guy likes ghosts"... if you need more clues... O.o

Thanks for the post. Took me a while to reply to everything but I hope you kinda get satisfied :P

i do have a few questions though are we going to be able to battle red in mt silver and also what new legends will be availeble in the next beta?

Yes and cannot tell that (well, Lugia is the only one already confirmed by me, as it was in the original Gold)

Gah... There were 50 minutes of my life replying to people... XD

o0oBahamuto0o
August 27th, 2008, 06:48 PM
How Can I ReMake Your Script :D, your script will help me very much :D

The Muffin man
August 27th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Quick question (maybe add it to the FAQ? :o ) : What moveset do the Pokemon use? I.e which of the games do their list of learned attacks come from?

Sarcastic Prince
August 27th, 2008, 08:09 PM

Do you think hacking other people's hack's is good?

Well, I'll never do that.

Feerce_Kitty
August 27th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Ahh, so this is the amazing hack ive been hearing about. After only 20 minutes i can tell this game is awesome! The screens look amazing, the game looks amazing, and i give you lots of credit for trying this project as Nintendo wouldn't/wont. Good luck :)

Ramengan
August 27th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Ehhhhmmmm... I really dont pay too much attention to "escape" routes into the dungeons I make, and I dont think I'll ever will, as making escape routes will surely destroy the difficulty of the maze. I try to do what I can, but I guess I'm expecting a bit of carefulness by the player :\

Of course, keep the maze's difficulty, but perhaps make that one part accessible by surfing, so that they can't get stuck there without surf. There's a labeled screenshot at the bottom of this post showing a simple fix. It won't affect the maze structure, I think. As long as that ledge is blocked by water, the player should be fine and won't get stuck, so at least the dark blue square should be covered. The whole light blue area would look better though, IMO.

I wonder what kind of things are wrong about the dialogues? If it's about spelling or grammar errors, it'd be understandable, since I'm not english. But I stay a while thinking on the content of the dialogues so they do not end up too "uninteresting" (though some of the trainers are not too interesting to begin with ¬_¬)

If my staircase is long, then it's probably because you've never been at the bottom of the ocean... XD

Spelling and grammar are fine. I didn't notice any glaring errors in those areas. I myself don't mind most of the extra's dialogues, and their consistent appearances everywhere. The only ones that got me were Jess and Jamie. They seemed, unnatural, for some reason. Oh well.
And now that you remind me, the staircase makes much sense in perspective. Although I'm surprised the player doesn't get crushed under the incredible pressure from being at the bottom of the ocean. :)

The Ghostbuster event is not obvious? That's right. And that's how it was supposed to be. It's OBVIOUSLY another way to make the player lose some time. Remember this is an RPG, where people should use their brain to think what he should be doing next. Besides, I think the president were really clear that "it doesnt work" and "someone in Johto had a working version" and "the guy likes ghosts"... if you need more clues... O.o

Thanks for the post. Took me a while to reply to everything but I hope you kinda get satisfied :P

I should've used my brain on that, and I do remember those clues in retrospect. I'm kicking myself now for being so dumb; I must not be used to thinking anymore during these lazy summer months.
Thank you. I'm very satisfied with this reply. Thanks. :D
Again, great job with everything. I am very pleased with this game, and I still can't wait for the next beta!

In other news, wild Farfetch'd are confirmed to rarely carry Sticks. I finally got two, and now I'm trying to get some Sun Stones from the elusive Solrocks. No luck so far.

EDIT: Probably gonna give up on Solrocks. They appear so infrequently that I can't keep going in with a 5% hope that one will have a Sun Stone. Just gonna have to wait a bit for more Bug Contests.

The Immortal
August 28th, 2008, 12:59 AM
Please, refrain from doing stuff with cheat codes -_-

I just used 'Walk Through Walls' code and found an island somewhere with a cave which has Articuno inside.

And zel, Cleanse Tag doesn't work.

El Moss
August 28th, 2008, 01:40 AM
Quick question (maybe add it to the FAQ? :o ) : What moveset do the Pokemon use? I.e which of the games do their list of learned attacks come from?

Fire Red/Leaf Green, as that is the hacked version (And because Zel just said that in his post :P ) As far as I know Zel doesn't have time to get the whole Gold/Silver or Crystal (Slightly Different) movesets implemented.

Banjora Marxvile
August 28th, 2008, 01:43 AM
Whats the point of changing movesets to GSC movesets? They basically learn what they do now, don't they? Just with more moves as well as some newer ones.

Ningamer
August 28th, 2008, 02:25 AM
I had to restart my game after finding out that you had to have it on 128k FROM THE BEGINNING!

I was at Olivine city... and I spent ages trying to pwn Whitney (Way too hard for the 3rd gym [heed my warning, Nintendo])

Zel, can you answer me this: What's rarer, Hoenn pokemon, Shiny pokemon or Legendary dogs (after you've freed them)?

Stalin Malone
August 28th, 2008, 04:35 AM
Shiny Pokemon since it's still a 1/8192 chance.

Tropical Sunlight
August 28th, 2008, 05:00 AM
1(the rarest): Shinies
2: Puppies
3(the most common): Hoenn Pokemon

ShinyGroudon
August 28th, 2008, 06:58 AM
how can i play the pokemon shiny gold?
i can`t play this with VBA

Semblance
August 28th, 2008, 08:31 AM
I think the problem with the dialouge with every person uses the same formula, the rival talks trash about you and challenges you to a battle and then says that he/she'll beat you next time. If you look at every rival in the game exceptfro Amelia, they are lik that.

TheSL
August 28th, 2008, 09:47 AM

I'm the one doing the LP thread over on GameSpite, so I thought I might as well address this issue directly. I've greatly enjoyed the hack so far and its interesting to see your new take on the old game. My issue with the dialog (the main reason why I've dreaded fighting CARLOS, ARD, etc) is that it just feels, I don't know, unnatural. The use of light swear words ("crap") and copious ellipses ("...") just doesn't fit with the style of writing in the rest of the game. My suggestion would be to possibly have a native speaker of English proofread and edit your additions before the final release of your hack.

Anyways, I wish you continued success in your efforts! This has by far been the highest quality Pokemon hack I've played through, even in this beta state.

JJK
August 28th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Well, it's just stuff that happens on areas that I havent implemented on that Beta, so I cant worry about that (in fact, they are probably all fixed as I reached those areas), dont send bugs of areas I obviously havent worked on.
I wasn't reporting bugs, even I am not that stupid, it was just to show ppl the fun thigs that happen, like that guy who loaded a shinygold save onto a plain firered on youtube. It's just... the Old Man Deoxys was just too funny to escape :D

But as it was seen, the (former)Veridian Forest / Route 2 is, i think, COMPLETE, except for having a Full Restore stuck in a tree. It even has the Bug Catchers with L.70 Beedrils (again, lol, owned by lv. 45 Dragonair)! I think you could have included it on Beta 5 and put roadblocks in the entraces to Veridian and Pewter, instead of direcly ahead of the Diglett Tunnel.

The movesets... my say is do the best of both. EG Ampharos. It lost the elemental punches in the generaton transition, why not give it back (in TM form on this case, correct me if alredy done)? If you look at it, there are some pokes who lost moves in the transition, just add them to the FR standards, quite simple.

Finallly, Hoenn... Crap.
It's crap because... it's Hoenn.
What I mean is: If i was making a hack wich takes place outside of Johto, i would probably include Goldenrod or Blackthorn as bonus, with an extra event, as they're landmarks. It would be a good idea to do it with Hoenn, but Hoenn DOES NOT have any landmark city. Sootopolis doesn't even close to the likes Saffron / Goldenrod / Jubilife...

Ningamer
August 28th, 2008, 10:41 AM
how can i play the pokemon shiny gold?
i can`t play this with VBA

1. You need a ROM of Fire Red
2. You need the latest beta release
3. you need Lunar IPS
4. Open LIPS and click apply patch
5. Double click the beta file
6. Double click the FR ROM
7. Play it on your VBA, but be sure to go to Options->Emulator->Save type and click Flash 128K before you play

Or, read the first post to get all the same info!

Ramengan
August 28th, 2008, 12:44 PM
@TheSL: Thanks for coming here and clearing stuff up. I'm quite enjoying the LP, too. It's been a good time.

I just used 'Walk Through Walls' code and found an island somewhere with a cave which has Articuno inside.

It's Seafoam Islands from FR. If Zel follows the GSC path, it'll be empty, save for Blaine. If he decides to go a new route, like the Safari Zone (thank you, Zel), it will probably house something in the future, which may or may not be Articuno.
Just tested the Cleanse Tag, and yeah, it seems it doesn't work. Tried on sea and grass, high and low level Pokes, and nothing. That's strange, 'cause it should be in FR/LG's coding already. Or mabye it was useless in the first place. I wouldn't know, since I've always preferred running into pokes for exp. :P

The movesets... my say is do the best of both. EG Ampharos. It lost the elemental punches in the generaton transition, why not give it back (in TM form on this case, correct me if alredy done)? If you look at it, there are some pokes who lost moves in the transition, just add them to the FR standards, quite simple.

The Generation II TMs are there, excepting Rock Smash, which is now an HM in accordance with Generation III.

staminalight
August 28th, 2008, 01:26 PM
I cant stop playing this fun game

Shiun Enshidia
August 28th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Zel! It's bee ages. This hack is the only reason I still linger on these boards. If this were elsewhere, I would be long gone. I forgot to post after you re-opened the topic, but meh. I've seen the new Mini-game. It's good...now to think of a question for you.
...no good I can't think of much. Except the new region. That's mostly secret right? I was wondering how you get there, the SS Anne, the Bulletrain (I can imagine it going over the sea). Otherwise, meh, keep going, remake Gold, Nintendo haven't done anything and their sitting on a Goldmine, keep on going.
Yeah...

balkj06
August 28th, 2008, 11:59 PM
Zel

how long til Beta 6 is done
i found a bule key in ice path wat is it for
do u know where i can start hacking and where did u start

Banjora Marxvile
August 29th, 2008, 12:20 AM
No asking for betas. Anyway, if you want to start hacking, look at tutorials and find some tools.

nitercap
August 29th, 2008, 02:26 AM
hey Zel
Will beta 6 be the final beta?
I hope not
this game is the best its better than regular gold version
well GL on beta 6

ShinyGroudon
August 29th, 2008, 02:31 AM
it don't worked.
please i need help

kyle12
August 29th, 2008, 03:26 AM
its good but it cant be save at start its saids (save error please exchange the back up memory)

Banjora Marxvile
August 29th, 2008, 03:37 AM
Read what people have been saying! Under Options go to Emulator then Save type,then click 128k. Then delete its .sav file. Then reload it and it should work

Ningamer
August 29th, 2008, 03:47 AM
it don't worked.
please i need help

Yes you do. You really need help.

Dark Sakurati
August 29th, 2008, 04:43 AM
This is a Great hack I'm up to ceruleon city but cant find misty and a few poor things with the tiles such as ice path just out side of it and what are those strange rocks I see all the time?

To save change save type to 128k and tick real time clock and delete sav file.
Please don't cheat it kills the game.
Please don't ask for betas of the hack it's against the rules.
Anyways this is a great hack Zel and I hope it gets finished soon bye for now!

Banjora Marxvile
August 29th, 2008, 05:27 AM
The rocks block off where Zel is putting in beta 6. As for Misty, you must first fix the Magnet Train. Look aound for that part and how to do it in the help thread or ask there..

Super.Goomba
August 29th, 2008, 05:38 AM
Could someone PLEASE answer my question? And could people also please refrain from mentioning new things that were not in GS unless it is either hidden, or has a spoiler warning?

Sarcastic Prince
August 29th, 2008, 07:10 AM
Could someone PLEASE answer my question? And could people also please refrain from mentioning new things that were not in GS unless it is either hidden, or has a spoiler warning?

What question? I'll easily answer your question since I

am good at these kind of stuff (Those easy RPG Stuck Stuff, I mean).

Banjora Marxvile
August 29th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Beta 6 isn't released yet, and if you want to know when it will be, you can't as no release dates can be given or asked for.

deadlyangel91792
August 29th, 2008, 11:07 AM
zel i love this game so much if you ever need help on script ideas for legendarys let me know ive got a lot of great ideas in my head right now

JJK
August 29th, 2008, 03:02 PM
The Generation II TMs are there, excepting Rock Smash, which is now an HM in accordance with Generation III.
I'm not talking about TM's, that was just an example. I'm not quite sure right now, but i'm sure that some pokes lost moves by level-up on the generation transition. Right now i can only remeber that my GSC snorlax had Selfdestruct.

EDIT: I remember now, it was Jinx with Trash, but there are others.

blitz_2k
August 29th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Hi Zel, I'm argentinian and I'm study english so I hope you can undertand my question:

in the original gold when you beat red you can fight him once again when you beat the elite 4, so my question is: this thing will happen in the hack or you can only will have one battle with red?

question 2: there will be a thing like a battle tower? because when you beat red you will be with nothing to do.

That's all, sorry if I have some errors because I'm only in 3rd year of english and I need some more time to speak english correctly -.-

Bye bye, Kabe ;)

nameless761
August 29th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Your hack is awesome zel great work hope to see beta 6 soon
this is my first post, just to test it out

El Moss
August 30th, 2008, 12:43 AM
Zel, I'm not sure if you know this but you can now run scripts on entering a map from AM (Advance Map) , it's not essential for things like the first event with your mom or the laboratory (Although it would be nice) , but it would probably be for the best if you were to edit Blackthorn Gym's "reset boulders".

Sorry if you already have, I don't want to play it until it's all done.

Good luck!

dirk123
August 30th, 2008, 02:04 AM
Hi Zel, I'm argentinian and I'm study english so I hope you can undertand my question:

in the original gold when you beat red you can fight him once again when you beat the elite 4, so my question is: this thing will happen in the hack or you can only will have one battle with red?

question 2: there will be a thing like a battle tower? because when you beat red you will be with nothing to do.

That's all, sorry if I have some errors because I'm only in 3rd year of english and I need some more time to speak english correctly -.-

Bye bye, Kabe ;)

1. Zel will probably make it a timed event, like Curt in which another event won't be activated after a few mintues when the previous one is done.

2. Zel said there will be a new island somewhere for after red. It probably will have Carlos's final team. And I think that tall building in Vermillion will be the battle tower (not sure).

FrosslassSorbet
August 30th, 2008, 06:09 AM
Bug for the list: When I first use the running shoes in New Bark Town, the map gets all glitchy and leaving makes the game freeze.

Also, for your information: You can run from Pokemon in FR/LG. I do it frequently. ._.

Ninja Caterpie
August 30th, 2008, 06:15 AM
Also, for your information: You can run from Pokemon in FR/LG. I do it frequently. ._.

Wait, who didn't know that?

Anyway, how's it going, Zel?
How far are we going to be able to go to in Beta 6?

Karganeth
August 30th, 2008, 07:31 AM
If I started playing this beta, would I be able to continue from where I finished when the next beta releases.

Platinum994
August 30th, 2008, 07:51 AM
there is a bug when I enter at Violet City

Banjora Marxvile
August 30th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Yeah... What is the bug? More info needed.

dirk123
August 30th, 2008, 11:04 AM
@FrosslassSorbet: It must be a bad rom or you patched it wrong. My siser and I, who both have the game on seperate PC's don't have that problem.

@Dark Lakitu: I think Zel said a long while ago that Beta 6 will go till Mt.Silver (Battle with Red). Unless he has changed his mind of course.

guicosta
August 30th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Wow, game looks great! Now i cant seem to download the LIPS program from the "zophar" website given...

"Page Load error"

=/! Wondering if anybody could help? xD Thanks all

UltramasterBDX
August 30th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Hey everybody,

I'm very impressed about this game.
It's more than "Pokémon Gold", it's just fantastic!

Hm, by the way I have a question:
I have played around the National Park and found the "secret" place and obtained a Treecko. At the moment, Treecko is level 23. The problem, I can't evolve it!

Why isnt Treecko evoling? :(

Jehuty
August 30th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Wow this is amazing work! Well done!

D4Ni3L
August 30th, 2008, 05:59 PM
why does the pc get full of bad eggs when i use a cheat?

Gold Tom
August 30th, 2008, 06:32 PM
I have a confession to make. I have never played this hack, I don't know why, I just let it pass me by, but just now I downloaded it, and started to play, and I have only this to say. It's awesome. It is truly a masterpiece of hacking ingenuity, I really like it. I'm going to keep playing right up to the end of the beta, it is going to be awesome I'm sure. Thankyou so much for making this hack.

Dark Sakurati
August 30th, 2008, 07:14 PM
People, please don't cheat becuase it's no fun and makes the game no challenge at all and if you want Lunar IPS patcher download it from whack a hack, anyway please don't cheat people.

Melash
August 30th, 2008, 07:20 PM
I must say...this hack is just awesome! I can't play it, but using E-Map to view the maps makes me wish I had a better computer!

dirk123
August 31st, 2008, 02:10 AM
@guicosta: Ever tried using google to find a different site that might have it?

@UltramasterBDX: Remove the Treecko part from your post. Such stuff is supposed to stay a secret. And it should evolve. Did you make it carry an Everstone or something?

@D4ni3l: Because cheating is bad. It [messes] up your game.

EJames2100
August 31st, 2008, 02:17 AM
What is the point of the game if you cheat ?

I tend to like a challenge :)

Crosell
August 31st, 2008, 02:54 AM

Well maybe because this game is already hacked, so cheats may have a different effect on your game, or you just used to many codes and your game is over now =)

Platinum Lucario
August 31st, 2008, 04:38 AM
Shiny Gold has been a really good hack, but beta 6 will have some good features on it, and it's going to be awesome.
And who knows, it might win Hack of the year. :)
Anyway, good luck Zel, I can't wait for beta 6.

poddish
August 31st, 2008, 05:05 AM
Hey zel,
if the battle tower is too hard to make, you could make it so the level depends on the pokemon you have.

ie
very hard (highest levels)-you have legendaries w/ you

hard-final stage of stage three pokemon and the stronger 2 stage pokemon

medium-second stage pokemon and average strength un-evolved pokemon

easy-weak unevolved pokemon

very easy(lowest levels)-pokemon that have very low stats or terrible move pool (ie sunkern, magikarp, the catapillers, etc.)

smashmaniac2008
August 31st, 2008, 05:31 AM
Why can't you make Krystal a rival in this game? WHY WHY!!!

Sarcastic Prince
August 31st, 2008, 05:57 AM
Because Crystal is the main heroine.

zel 2.0
August 31st, 2008, 06:42 AM

What do you mean with "remake your script"?

Same as FR, as it was said. And about the discussion about the movesets, they'll stay as in FR, part because yeah, I'm a bit lazy, and part because I think it's not a big loss from Gold. At least I think they've probably improved the movesets from Gold to FR, but that's just an opinion.

Of course, keep the maze's difficulty, but perhaps make that one part accessible by surfing, so that they can't get stuck there without surf. There's a labeled screenshot at the bottom of this post showing a simple fix. It won't affect the maze structure, I think. As long as that ledge is blocked by water, the player should be fine and won't get stuck, so at least the dark blue square should be covered. The whole light blue area would look better though, IMO.

Spelling and grammar are fine. I didn't notice any glaring errors in those areas. I myself don't mind most of the extra's dialogues, and their consistent appearances everywhere. The only ones that got me were Jess and Jamie. They seemed, unnatural, for some reason. Oh well.

They are supposed to be funny, so it's not like their dialogues have to make too much sense. Or... Do Jesse and James dialogues in the anime make too much sense? :\

About the puzzle solution, seems like that works. But it'd be better if you send it on a PM, because I'm quite forgetful.

I didnt do anything to it, so I cannot give you an answer...

Zel, can you answer me this: What's rarer, Hoenn pokemon, Shiny pokemon or Legendary dogs (after you've freed them)?

The order IceCharizard gave you: shiny->dogs->hoenn->silver only Pokemon.

I think the problem with the dialouge with every person uses the same formula, the rival talks trash about you and challenges you to a battle and then says that he/she'll beat you next time. If you look at every rival in the game exceptfro Amelia, they are lik that.

But... Isnt like that on every other Pokemon game? At least here it's not like all the rivals talk then battle and then talk and go away. A few of them just come say something (sometimes useless) and then keep up with their life.

I'm the one doing the LP thread over on GameSpite, so I thought I might as well address this issue directly. I've greatly enjoyed the hack so far and its interesting to see your new take on the old game. My issue with the dialog (the main reason why I've dreaded fighting CARLOS, ARD, etc) is that it just feels, I don't know, unnatural. The use of light swear words ("crap") and copious ellipses ("...") just doesn't fit with the style of writing in the rest of the game. My suggestion would be to possibly have a native speaker of English proofread and edit your additions before the final release of your hack.

Anyways, I wish you continued success in your efforts! This has by far been the highest quality Pokemon hack I've played through, even in this beta state.

Dont forget that Carlos is a bit older character (of around 17) so, you cant expect him to act like a little kid and be a good boy, so sometimes he will unavoidabily come up with some light swear words (which I think all of you use, dont act innocent! >.<), so I dont know why that'd make him look unnatural. That's just the way a grown up person acts (besides he has my personality, so at least that's how I act)
In terms of grammar stuff, if you look at my way of posting, you can notice that they use the same way of talking, with elipses and that kind of things. I cannot avoid it, as that's how I talk and will of course be reflected in the game. Dont know if I want to change that, because I like to have my personal touch in the game.

Anyway, Carlos and Ard (following your example) are supposed to be weird people, with maybe some mental problem (specially Ard >o<), so I can use that as an excuse for all the weird things they do (but I thought that's what should make you more motivated to beat them, or not? :\)

...no good I can't think of much. Except the new region. That's mostly secret right? I was wondering how you get there, the SS Anne, the Bulletrain (I can imagine it going over the sea). Otherwise, meh, keep going, remake Gold, Nintendo haven't done anything and their sitting on a Goldmine, keep on going.
Yeah...

Since it's some islands, the only way to get access there is by ship (as usual), it'd be cool if it were by plane, but, nope, the islands are not that developed in technology.

i found a bule key in ice path wat is it for

You sure it wasnt a Blue Flute? Cause there's one around there.

hey Zel
Will beta 6 be the final beta?

Nope, there's another release after that, which will include the next region-islands-whatever, and probably a couple more small releases just to fix some bugs or add minor stuff.

zel i love this game so much if you ever need help on script ideas for legendarys let me know ive got a lot of great ideas in my head right now

Nope, I have the legendaries alredy thought, and so far I think I have enough ideas for the next part.

Bye bye, Kabe ;)

Yeah, after you talk to Oak (after beating the eight Kanto Gyms), he'll give you access to Mt.Silver, where you can battle Red. But after battling him, he'll disappear until you beat the whole E4 (but for getting to the second round of the E4 you need to finish a new event first)

Zel, I'm not sure if you know this but you can now run scripts on entering a map from AM (Advance Map) , it's not essential for things like the first event with your mom or the laboratory (Although it would be nice) , but it would probably be for the best if you were to edit Blackthorn Gym's "reset boulders".

Sorry if you already have, I don't want to play it until it's all done.

Good luck!

Yes, I know that. There're a lot of scripts around which should be using it, so I'm not changing that till I'm more close to finishing the game.

Hey everybody,

I'm very impressed about this game.
It's more than "Pokémon Gold", it's just fantastic!

Hm, by the way I have a question:
I have played around the National Park and found the "secret" place and obtained a Treecko. At the moment, Treecko is level 23. The problem, I can't evolve it!

Why isnt Treecko evoling? :(

I wonder if you have received the National Pokedex. Also, what about the other Pokemon? Do the Johto and other Hoenn evolve?
Because it sounds as if you have a patching problem. Have you used the (U) version of FR? Dont forget that the one that says 1.1 doesnt work.

Please, check out all those things, because there are a lot of things that you could be doing wrong.

I must say...this hack is just awesome! I can't play it, but using E-Map to view the maps makes me wish I had a better computer!

I suggest you Advance Map.

Hey zel,
if the battle tower is too hard to make, you could make it so the level depends on the pokemon you have.

ie
very hard (highest levels)-you have legendaries w/ you

hard-final stage of stage three pokemon and the stronger 2 stage pokemon

medium-second stage pokemon and average strength un-evolved pokemon

easy-weak unevolved pokemon

very easy(lowest levels)-pokemon that have very low stats or terrible move pool (ie sunkern, magikarp, the catapillers, etc.)

I dont know, because I'd like to know how the original Battle Tower of FR works. It'd be really useful if we could do battles just like the ones that happen in the Battle Tower.

That's why, if someone has some time to mess up with that, go ahead. I'll have to do it as well sometime in the future. If I find anything, I'll let you know.
Oh, by the way, I still havent tried messing with XSE on the scripts there. Anyone tried?

Why can't you make Krystal a rival in this game? WHY WHY!!!

Because that'd be like the same as in RSE. Battling your other gender as a rival. I dont want to repeat that, and we have enough rivals already.

---

So that's it. On the next post (today) I'll start to talk about the next minigame, which is already completed (video is also already uploaded, but I'll post the link only when I make that post explaining the whole minigame)

wildarms001
August 31st, 2008, 06:53 AM
how about the main game zel? any update in new event or something related to the story?

Atlas
August 31st, 2008, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0oBahamuto0o http://www.pokecommunity.com/images/templates/topseekreht/seedsofplatinum_20080617/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=3885694#post3885694)

What do you mean with "remake your script"?
I think he means use it for his hack. Or at least modify it and then use it...

Salat
August 31st, 2008, 09:09 AM
zel is in beta 6 gary the gym leader of virdan city?

deadlyangel91792
August 31st, 2008, 09:35 AM
i would think he is since this is a remake with extra features i love facing gary when hes a gym leader his team is so awesome

Magnius
August 31st, 2008, 09:42 AM
Did a new remix... This time of the Lucky Channel/Game Corner theme...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aW-v2Zk-1A

Sgt. Custard
August 31st, 2008, 10:30 AM
On the telephone, it says "Who do you want to call?". That should be "Whom do you want to call?"

Semblance
August 31st, 2008, 11:02 AM
But... Isnt like that on every other Pokemon game? At least here it's not like all the rivals talk then battle and then talk and go away. A few of them just come say something (sometimes useless) and then keep up with their life.

That's the problem, your hack is too simalar to Nintendo's dialouge. Try spicing it up a little, people are already bored with Nintendo's forumla, stra off the beaten track. Two Cliches in one sentience:P

El Moss
August 31st, 2008, 01:02 PM
That's the problem, your hack is too simalar to Nintendo's dialouge. Try spicing it up a little, people are already bored with Nintendo's forumla, stra off the beaten track. Two Cliches in one sentience:P

Nah, I like it how it is, it has to seem moderately like Gold and that means the same atmosphere, at least that's how I see it...

deadlyangel91792
August 31st, 2008, 01:10 PM
guys no one dare criticize this master piece i love everything about this game its the first and best hack ive ever played from the story to added features i love it all anyone who dosent like it is just a well uhhhhh i dont think i should say it so ill leave it at that

Nikko.Ideator
August 31st, 2008, 01:15 PM
Well, isn't the point of ShinyGold to be, like, I dunno, a GSC remake (Sarcasm)?

It's supposed to be remaking Gold because Nintendo remade Red and Green, which aren't quite as great as GSC, so zel remade GSC. It's supposed to be like that...

And also, everyone, how about ignoring:

A. Requests for game advice, because there's a perfectly good thread in the Scrapbox for that?

B. Anyone that reports the "Killing PC's glitch". We've heard that so many times, we don't need to hear it again. Zel's already aware of it. He even posted it in the first post for crying out loud!

C. People that come on and just say something like "omg i love this hack i played it and it's great 5 stars lol keep going zel", because it's not constructive, and it the Hacks Showcase Rules even say you have to post constructively in these threads.

That way, we'll have less noobs spamming up the thread. The only reason we have so many is because people are giving them a reason to STAY and spam it up (Game questions and reporting bugs that are already in the attention of zel), and then complain about it.

zel 2.0
August 31st, 2008, 02:19 PM
Run for the hills! Zel is posting twice on the same day on his own thread!!! XD Anyway, it really has been a while since I've done that :P

zel is in beta 6 gary the gym leader of virdan city?

Obviously, else I'd be affecting one of the most important events of the story in Kanto.

Did a new remix... This time of the Lucky Channel/Game Corner theme...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aW-v2Zk-1A

I think the drums are getting "overwritten" by the other instruments. Can you try to see if you can make them sound for a longer time? (I think it may be related to the volume of the other instruments, or with having too many instruments sounding)
Drums are important in a music, we cant allow them to not exist.

As people were already saying, even if I dont like and complain about their style, I want to keep this as close to what they do (but, in what the characters will say, I'll put my touch there)

Well, isn't the point of ShinyGold to be, like, I dunno, a GSC remake (Sarcasm)?

It's supposed to be remaking Gold because Nintendo remade Red and Green, which aren't quite as great as GSC, so zel remade GSC. It's supposed to be like that...

And also, everyone, how about ignoring:

A. Requests for game advice, because there's a perfectly good thread in the Scrapbox for that?

B. Anyone that reports the "Killing PC's glitch". We've heard that so many times, we don't need to hear it again. Zel's already aware of it. He even posted it in the first post for crying out loud!

C. People that come on and just say something like "omg i love this hack i played it and it's great 5 stars lol keep going zel", because it's not constructive, and it the Hacks Showcase Rules even say you have to post constructively in these threads.

That way, we'll have less noobs spamming up the thread. The only reason we have so many is because people are giving them a reason to STAY and spam it up (Game questions and reporting bugs that are already in the attention of zel), and then complain about it.

I already tend to ignore all of those posts. But about C... If they just want to say something nice, I guess it's ok. Why would we forbid them to express an opinion? But, just to let you know, even though I'll be grateful, I wont be replying to those messages.

Because cheats are bad. Dont use them D:<

---

Alright, the next minigame is finished so here's the video, just in case you havent look at it on the tube previously:

Click Me! Naranja Falls Minigame Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fczguNt3aRU)

MINI-GAME No.4
"Falling down the Naranja Falls"

Before I start, yeah, Naranja is the same word as Sergio's hack, in fact, consider it like some kind of tribute ;)

Well, the idea is really simple. Somewhere (which I'll not say where) you'll reach this location with this long waterfall. A guy will stop you to explain you how it works (and to give you the needed protective gear)
Pick where to start falling from and you'll face 14 rows of obstacles. If you hit a rock, it's game over, and you'll get warped at the bottom of the waterfall (and if you want to go back up, you'll have to go through a somewhat long cave, because Waterfall HM doesnt work here), but, along the way, you may find items and money. The prizes (for both) will get better as you progress more, but obviously there will be more obstacles as well.

If you happen to survive all the rows of obstacles (not an easy thing to do, that's for sure X_x), you'll get a reward which is a random stat booster (a pp up is also in the rewards list), so I guess this makes this minigame more interesting, right? :D

Well, check out the video, and if you have questions, I'll answer them, as long as they dont spoil too much.

---

I dont want to make another post, so, to the people below:

@Apple: No, it looks awful to put videos on the posts. That's why I'm not doing it. If they want to check out the video, they click the link and that's it.

@Semblance: Well, the thing is that his story is quite mysterious. I'm leaving open the thing of, perhaps in a future (hack) tell a bit more about his past... :D

@Magnius: Oh, intentional? lol
But, as I said, drums are important, try to put them (as long as they sound good, it'll be good enough to be inserted)

Apple Inc.
August 31st, 2008, 02:42 PM
Hey zel, why not embed the videos like this:
/v/fczguNt3aRU&hl=en&fs=1

Result:/v/fczguNt3aRU&hl=en&fs=1

Semblance
August 31st, 2008, 02:58 PM
As people were already saying, even if I dont like and complain about their style, I want to keep this as close to what they do (but, in what the characters will say, I'll put my touch there)

Well you can keep the whole trash talk-crying thing but how about add a little in the end. Exploit Carlos's emotional side, ex. Why is he always so angry?

Magnius
August 31st, 2008, 03:20 PM
Run for the hills! Zel is posting twice on the same day on his own thread!!! XD Anyway, it really has been a while since I've done that :P

Obviously, else I'd be affecting one of the most important events of the story in Kanto.

I think the drums are getting "overwritten" by the other instruments. Can you try to see if you can make them sound for a longer time? (I think it may be related to the volume of the other instruments, or with having too many instruments sounding)
Drums are important in a music, we cant allow them to not exist.

I already tend to ignore all of those posts. But about C... If they just want to say something nice, I guess it's ok. Why would we forbid them to express an opinion? But, just to let you know, even though I'll be grateful, I wont be replying to those messages.

Because cheats are bad. Dont use them D:<

---

Alright, the next minigame is finished so here's the video, just in case you havent look at it on the tube previously:

Click Me! Naranja Falls Minigame Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fczguNt3aRU)

MINI-GAME No.4
"Falling down the Naranja Falls"

Before I start, yeah, Naranja is the same word as Sergio's hack, in fact, consider it like some kind of tribute ;)

Well, the idea is really simple. Somewhere (which I'll not say where) you'll reach this location with this long waterfall. A guy will stop you to explain you how it works (and to give you the needed protective gear)
Pick where to start falling from and you'll face 14 rows of obstacles. If you hit a rock, it's game over, and you'll get warped at the bottom of the waterfall (and if you want to go back up, you'll have to go through a somewhat long cave, because Waterfall HM doesnt work here), but, along the way, you may find items and money. The prizes (for both) will get better as you progress more, but obviously there will be more obstacles as well.

If you happen to survive all the rows of obstacles (not an easy thing to do, that's for sure X_x), you'll get a reward which is a random stat booster (a pp up is also in the rewards list), so I guess this makes this minigame more interesting, right? :D

Well, check out the video, and if you have questions, I'll answer them, as long as they dont spoil too much.
Well the absence of drums in those parts was intentional, but if you want me to add them in I can.

Shiun Enshidia
August 31st, 2008, 11:27 PM
First off, I like the Remix of the Lucky Channel, but the drums would be great, as that has to be on par with one of my favourite music tracks in the Pokemon world.

Secondly, love the Minigame. It's interesting but a little slow...maybe if you made all the choices at the start and gave the person like a few lives in case they slip up. Is that even possible? Don't get me wrong, it's a great game, just that seems like a way to speed it up.

Gumbyx84
September 1st, 2008, 04:41 AM
Just tried this last night. Def have to say this is one amazing ROM hack. :) Makes me feel good to know someone picked up the slack from Nintendo and remade the best Pokemon games in the series.

Can't wait till this is out of beta and complete. I don't want to start playing it through in case I gota start over when the final or next beta comes out.

Either way great job!

JJK
September 1st, 2008, 06:45 AM
About Carlos dialogues, it's just fine, i'm sick and tired of "this is for tiny kids" thing about pokemon, if i ever make an hack it will be with a teen character... Just dont turn shinygold into a Quartz part 2 okay zel? It's fine the way it is, keep the status quo.
Speaking of dialogues... i'm just waiting to see how Amelia's gonna be... I hate soapoperas but i really like the way you're builing the story ;)

The minigame is awsome man, very well built, you keep startling me with your scripting miracles, you are a genious in that field. Altough it's a bit disappointing in the reward field, maybe you could switch the PP Up with a PP Max? It will still have that 1/6 probability, wich is not much...

Crosell
September 2nd, 2008, 03:26 AM
Because Zel hates cheaters.

I think he hates pirates =P Say no to Pirates matey.

Nahh cheats are bad to use because, use to many and your bag/pc get's messed up.
Really only use shiny, and encounter codes.

Sarcastic Prince
September 2nd, 2008, 03:58 AM
I think he hates pirates =P Say no to Pirates matey.

Nahh cheats are bad to use because, use to many and your bag/pc get's messed up.
Really only use shiny, and encounter codes.

I think encounter codes are worse.

Because it restarts the game without reason.

jerryonhere
September 2nd, 2008, 04:23 AM
Is most of the mini games are in beta 6? Just asking. Or some mini games in beta 6?

magikarp HAX
September 2nd, 2008, 04:50 AM
there is some great pokemon GSC music on PokeRemixStudio's account on U-Tube.

MsBroccoli
September 2nd, 2008, 07:56 AM
On the telephone, it says "Who do you want to call?". That should be "Whom do you want to call?"

lol What? Yeah, Zel's hack gets a big FAIL because of this. :P JK

This hack looks great and it's amazing you've kept to it for 2 years, most hackers give up after a couple of months. Take your time and don't feel pressured to finish it quickly and thank you for making this awesome hack. :)

:mewmeister
September 2nd, 2008, 09:17 AM
the beta is great but when i was walking it suddenly froze right before i gt ito the city where jasmine is i was in the grass

Optimatum
September 2nd, 2008, 10:31 PM
My sis keeps getting stuck in Mahogany Center (The warp zone is deactivated). Is it a problem because she carried the save over from B4?

Sarcastic Prince
September 2nd, 2008, 10:40 PM
My sis keeps getting stuck in Mahogany Center (The warp zone is deactivated). Is it a problem because she carried the save over from B4?

Because, you shouldn't even do that.

If you carried the save to Beta 5, it have some glitched things.

waiting4b6
September 2nd, 2008, 11:56 PM
you might have a bad firered rom or bad patching?

No he's right. It does munt up.

Salat
September 3rd, 2008, 06:22 AM
this minigame is cool!! i can't waite for the beta 6 great job Zel!

this minigames are cool!! zel i am a queston can i catch lugia in beta 6? soryy for my english :(

Sarcastic Prince
September 3rd, 2008, 06:25 AM
These minigames are cool!! Zel, I have a question. Can I catch Lugia in beta 6? Sorry for my bad english. :(

Of course! It is in the the progress list before!

P.S I edited your post on the quote, so you can see the grammar differences between me and you!!

deadlyangel91792
September 3rd, 2008, 10:42 AM
so zel/zels team any ideas wat legends will be in the next beta and i think this was already answered but how far will this one go

Harry Blue5
September 3rd, 2008, 10:58 AM
Woah! 135 pages! Zel, you have one popular hack!

Anyway, it's going to be a killer to add every Gold/Silver parts in, so are you going to drop some minor parts to make the hack releases to be released faster and to fit more room in for major parts? And if you do, which parts are you dropping?

kaitanuva
September 3rd, 2008, 02:49 PM
Woah! 135 pages! Zel, you have one popular hack!

Anyway, it's going to be a killer to add every Gold/Silver parts in, so are you going to drop some minor parts to make the hack releases to be released faster and to fit more room in for major parts? And if you do, which parts are you dropping?

Actually it's 203 + 135 pages.

Old thread :
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=74447
+
This thread
= 338 pages. (Woot I passed 1st grade)

this minigame is cool!! i can't waite for the beta 6 great job Zel!

this minigames are cool!! zel i am a queston can i catch lugia in beta 6? soryy for my english :(

The whole main storyline will be done by Beta 6. Zel's extras and whatnots in Beta 7, and then the final release, poised to be as bug/glitch-free as possible.

smashmaniac2008
September 3rd, 2008, 03:36 PM
And whats wrong with copying rse?

Mōnštȝr¿
September 3rd, 2008, 05:50 PM
I just downloaded this game about 2 hours ago and i love it! I love pokemon Gold/Silver thanks for making this!

waiting4b6
September 3rd, 2008, 05:52 PM
Hey Zel, will beta 6 be ready by the end of september, or next month. I need to know this so I don't keep checking everyday for it.

Mōnštȝr¿
September 3rd, 2008, 06:06 PM
I have a question though where does beta 5 end?

waiting4b6
September 3rd, 2008, 06:08 PM
I have a question though where does beta 5 end?

It ends at Fuschia City in Kanto.

Mōnštȝr¿
September 3rd, 2008, 06:11 PM
It ends at Fuschia City in Kanto.
Alright thanks.

But if I play that will i be able to continue when Beta 6 comes out? or will i have to restart?

waiting4b6
September 3rd, 2008, 06:14 PM
Alright thanks.

But if I play that will i be able to continue when Beta 6 comes out? or will i have to restart?

Yes. Unless you patched Beta 4 with your Beta5 download. Because you can only patch once.

Emeralder
September 4th, 2008, 05:48 AM
will there be any sinnoh pokemon like leafon glaceon dusknoir or weavile just the ones that evolve from kanto jhoto or hoenn pokemon

Banjora Marxvile
September 4th, 2008, 06:10 AM
Just the Kanto, Johto and Hoenn. It is a nearly, with added features and some edits from gold, 100% remake, and as gold didn't have D/P pokemon, there is no need.

Cronos
September 4th, 2008, 06:16 AM
Bro Zel Said Its Not Actually A Full Gold Remake And It Has Differences

Sarcastic Prince
September 4th, 2008, 06:17 AM
Just the Kanto, Johto and Hoenn. It is a 100% REMAKE, and as gold didn't have D/P pokemon, there is no need.

It's not a 100% remake as Zel said that on the first page.

Banjora Marxvile
September 4th, 2008, 06:40 AM
Ok, maybe not 100%... But it has everything that Gold (apart from unscriptable things - radio for example) had and more, but the pokemon stay the same. Sorry for saying it was when it wasn't... But it very nearly is! I'm sorry for the incorrectness...

Sgt. Custard
September 4th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Hey Zel, will beta 6 be ready by the end of september, or next month. I need to know this so I don't keep checking everyday for it.

Please don't ask when betas will be released! It's in the forum rules even.

mattaceten
September 4th, 2008, 08:17 AM

asking for release dates is against the rules...be that as it may....i would think it would be out within a month...tho i cant say for sure cause im not zel

tank-poker
September 4th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Can't wait until the full game is out :o I would love to play it. Haven't played the johto series in such a long time :D

Champio30
September 4th, 2008, 12:55 PM
i like this game :) it should be hard to script all dat

PokemonTrainerDaslim
September 4th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Very Nice Re Make.The Best I seen.I been playing with this Hack for a while and to tell you the truth im suprise.its better than any Pokemon Game and Hack i played.keep up the good workl Zel.hope to see an update soon ^^

Shadows
September 4th, 2008, 03:15 PM
oops, sorry please delete this post.
Edit and delete it yourself...

TheDopeShow
September 4th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Can i make a suggestion to the SGX could you make the wild Pokemon i bit more high leveled just using the trainers is not a lot of experience and the town maps is a little erratic i have tried to under stand it but i cant it is clearly johto but if i go in to union cave it says i am in Violet city

jAvAcOlA
September 4th, 2008, 06:04 PM
So when this game is finished it'll be possible for me to get it on a cartridge right? I saw one of the other versions of it like that.

deadlyangel91792
September 4th, 2008, 06:10 PM
only if you got a flash cart

taybrown90
September 4th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Hey guys, excuse me for being a noob on the development of this project, but I have two questions I need answered:

1) If I start playing beta 5, will i be able to continue my game when beta 6 becomes available?

2) What's the difference in the two versions for download? What the "X" mean on the second d/l link for beta 5?

Thanks.

deadlyangel91792
September 4th, 2008, 06:26 PM
OKAY IF YOU USE A SAVE FROM AN OLDER VERSION BAD GLITCHS CAN HAPPEN SO NO ON the continuing but ask someone on zels team im pretty sure theyll give you the same answer and X is the harder version of shiny gold dont play it if your not a hardcore gamer its hell zel did a great job on making it difficult but i managed to beat it you should stick with the first one though if you decide to play beta 5

lildude491
September 4th, 2008, 06:27 PM
1) you can continue just repatch it when the new beta comes out

2) the X version is a harder version of the game, ex trainers pokemon have high levels etc.

taybrown90
September 4th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Thanks guys. You rock. :P

Tuskin
September 4th, 2008, 06:57 PM
So when this game is finished it'll be possible for me to get it on a cartridge right? I saw one of the other versions of it like that.

Well, if you see Shiny Gold on a Cartridge for sale, it is illegal.
Actually putting it on a Cartridge and giving it away is illegal.
Say no to Pirates.

taybrown90
September 4th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Ok, now I've run into problems. I've tried patching my FireRed rom with the Shiny Gold.ips, and the process carries out successfully. When i try to run the newly patched .gba file from my R4 GBA loader on my DS, it boots the intro Gameboy screen, but the Nintendo logo is all glitched up. Then the game refuses to load after this. I originally thought the patching software was the problem, but now I'm thinking it might be because I'm running Vista x64. I don't know. Anyone who is experienced enough to help me out is welcome to try.

EDIT:

Okay, I've tried running just the plain vanilla FireRed rom with my R4, and it works fine. So it must be the patching process that is the problem.

deadlyangel91792
September 4th, 2008, 07:04 PM
do you have the ez flash i dont know much about flash cards but i heard you need the 4in1 ez flash

taybrown90
September 4th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Yeah, I do, as I've said: it's not a problem with the emulator or the original rom, but the patching process.

waiting4b6
September 4th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Hey does anyone know if there are any Beta 6 screenshots that have been posted yet?

Sarcastic Prince
September 4th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Hey does anyone know if there are any Beta 6 screenshots that have been posted yet?

There are videos, but no screenshots, sorry.

waiting4b6
September 4th, 2008, 10:28 PM
There are videos, but no screenshots, sorry.

Thanks (Oh well, i can wait)

dsantoz
September 5th, 2008, 03:47 AM
Hi Zel.
Great game, great plot, but already know that=)
I've got some sugestions.

- On the mewtwo event is it possible for you to make mew come and help, so the battle would be Mew vs Mewtwo... (i think i've heard that before... =P)
- I'm Portuguese an i'm thinking of start translating the ROM, is that ok with you?
- I don't if this glitch is because i use a emulator on me Cel phone, but the flying thingy on the map it's missing for Lavender and cherrygrove.
- If you make some interaction with one ofe the legendary pkmn like one of them helping us in a event that will be cool.

I'm sorry if some of my suggestions are repeated.

Keep the amazing work you've doing!

JJK
September 5th, 2008, 04:34 AM
OKAY IF YOU USE A SAVE FROM AN OLDER VERSION BAD GLITCHS CAN HAPPEN SO NO ON the continuing but ask someone on zels team im pretty sure theyll give you the same answer and X is the harder version of shiny gold dont play it if your not a hardcore gamer its hell zel did a great job on making it difficult but i managed to beat it you should stick with the first one though if you decide to play beta 5
Tough i still think X is too easy, but how harder can it get? I mean Red's pokes, in the X version, will be most certainly in lv. 95-100, it's impossible to be harder than that. Still, it may just be me, but i feel i need a XX version...

Joao Victor
September 5th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Hi Zel.

- On the mewtwo event is it possible for you to make mew come and help, so the battle would be Mew vs Mewtwo... (i think i've heard that before... =P)
- I'm Portuguese an i'm thinking of start translating the ROM, is that ok with you?
- I don't if this glitch is because i use a emulator on me Cel phone, but the flying thingy on the map it's missing for Lavender and cherrygrove.
- If you make some interaction with one ofe the legendary pkmn like one of them helping us in a event that will be cool.

hey, i'm brazilian and i liked a lot ur idea of translate shiny gold to portuguese!!!
it'll be very cool but zel's permission is need

fly posts doesn't work on cherrygrove and lavender, it's not a glicth

see ya!!!!!!!!

jAvAcOlA
September 5th, 2008, 09:50 AM
One more thing. I just read on a site that if you HYPOTHETICALLY got this on a cartridge, you could trade with FR/LG. I assume this is a lie but I figured I'd ask anyway.

Banjora Marxvile
September 5th, 2008, 09:52 AM
It is possible. I could have a go, but I only have 1 GBA... You can enter the Union room though, so I assume you can trade with FR/LG. The Union Rooms music is replaced with the new Route 2 music!

Sgt. Custard
September 5th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Wow!

I just looked at the Radio script. That must have taken a seriously long time to write!

I'm still not happy with "who do you want to call" vs. "whom do you want to call" which is what it should be... ;)

machomuu
September 5th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Ok for all of you who beat beta 5, when beta 6 comes out, DON'T PATCH IT TO THE SAME ROM!!! What you do is, patch it to a new rom, then delete the rom that had beta 5 on it, DON'T DELETE THE SAV FILE THOUGH!!! Rename the rom that was just patched EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE ONE THAT HAD BETA 5 ON IT!!! That will be all :).

JJK
September 5th, 2008, 12:40 PM
hey, i'm brazilian and i liked a lot ur idea of translate shiny gold to portuguese!!!
it'll be very cool but zel's permission is need

fly posts doesn't work on cherrygrove and lavender, it's not a glicth

see ya!!!!!!!!
I'm also Portuguese and if he needs help I'm here, but please, if you want to help, keep in mind that it will be a Portuguese translation, not a Brazilian Portuguese translation (so no "você é um mau cara. Droga!")

And about the fly posts it will be that way, there are not enough.

Enuo
September 5th, 2008, 07:06 PM
I have to ask, is anyone having any problems with saving? My game won't save at all...Which, unfortunately, means the game is over once I beat the elite 4. Anyone else having this problem?

Doom King
September 5th, 2008, 07:45 PM
The game is awsome and sweet nothing needs to change.

waiting4b6
September 5th, 2008, 08:46 PM
I have to ask, is anyone having any problems with saving? My game won't save at all...Which, unfortunately, means the game is over once I beat the elite 4. Anyone else having this problem?

It could be the way that you patched the game, or what game you patched it with.

Wichu
September 6th, 2008, 12:44 AM
Did you set the save type to Flash 128k before loading the ROM?

Crosell
September 6th, 2008, 01:32 AM
I'm really liking some of the minigames, I dont know how you did the hammer minigame.
But it's really something to be proud of, also a way to get hidden items and fossils.
I've saw many of those caves in beta 4 with a huge rock infront of the entrance.
Are some of the minigames located there? probally a few I guess.
I'm really getting the nerve to start playin beta 5.
But I dont want to spoil the game so I wait till your finished.
Seriously good luck with this project. =)

jAvAcOlA
September 6th, 2008, 02:52 AM
When people in this thread mention putting their games on "flash carts", do they mean like a regular GBA cartridge?

Nicolas
September 6th, 2008, 02:55 AM
When people in this thread mention putting their games on "flash carts", do they mean like a regular GBA cartridge?

Yep, that's the one and it also means that you are pirating the game (if you sell them, with a box)

and, hiya zel! I like the new mini-game ^^ the hammer is so cute

jAvAcOlA
September 6th, 2008, 03:26 AM
Yep, that's the one and it also means that you are pirating the game (if you sell them, with a box)

But what I was thinking was putting it onto one for convenience...not to sell. Still illegal?

The Abyss
September 6th, 2008, 03:33 AM
A Flash Cart is a game cartridge like GBA or DS that holds more than one game and you choose which one to play when you turn on the Gameboy. These are illegal.

But when people say Flash 128k or something that is just a save type on the GBA Emulator.

The Original Darkwiz787
September 6th, 2008, 04:41 AM
Putting a game on a flash cart for your own convenience is illegal? Even if you don't sell it?

squirtle rocks!
September 6th, 2008, 04:49 AM
i might download this soon it looks mint:D

jAvAcOlA
September 6th, 2008, 04:53 AM
Eh well anyways more on topic: So there's Beta 6, Beta 7, and then the glitches to still be done. So is it gonna be like still another year before this is FULLY done?

Sarcastic Prince
September 6th, 2008, 04:58 AM
Eh well anyways more on topic: So there's Beta 6, Beta 7, and then the glitches to still be done. So is it gonna be like still another year before this is FULLY done?

Maybe, I don't know.

It just depends on how Zel's mood is.

Gumbyx84
September 6th, 2008, 05:13 AM
A Flash Cart is a game cartridge like GBA or DS that holds more than one game and you choose which one to play when you turn on the Gameboy. These are illegal.

But when people say Flash 128k or something that is just a save type on the GBA Emulator.

Flash carts aren't illegal! If they are, then emulators are illegal also as they run ROMs also. The act of pirating is illegal. The use of a flash cart to play illegal ROMs is illegal. Owning a flash cart is NOT ILLEGAL.....

Sorry I just get frustrated when people say that. Just because flash carts are mostly used by pirates doesn't mean they are bad. I used one (and still do) to work on and use homebrew apps. I also use it so I only have to bring one cart with me and still have most of my games available. If they were illegal, they wouldn't be sold so prominently online. [Mods, please don't yell at me for is analogy] Its the same as bongs not being illegal. The use of them to smoke illegeal substances is what make them illegal.

MegaIan11
September 6th, 2008, 06:16 AM
Hi people. I had a problan than some people had in their flash carts: the Nintendo logo at starting the rom is bad.

The solution is that:

1st: You need these tools:
GBA Header tool, GBA Tool Advance, A rom with a good logo (like the Fire red base)
and the bad rom. I can't post the links because I haven't make a minimmum number of posts and put the rom base is illegal.

2nd: When you have all these things start:
Open the Header tool and select the bad rom
In the tool with the bad rom opened go to the last option and select copy header.
Select the rom base and wait a moment, you'll have the nintendo logo repaired.

But now is another problem: you can't save.

3rd and last:
Open the GbaTA and select the bad rom, goto sram patcher and select the directory of the new rom.Click patch and the new rom will be playable^^.

If you didn't understand anything or something, sorry, I'm Spanish and 12 years old (I didn't used a translator)

PS: Zel, if you can or if you want put it in the first post (don't need credit).

zel 2.0
September 6th, 2008, 06:24 AM
Enough talking about flashcards, pirating and that sort of stuff, ok? Focus on asking stuff about the game. Thanks.

Secondly, love the Minigame. It's interesting but a little slow...maybe if you made all the choices at the start and gave the person like a few lives in case they slip up. Is that even possible? Don't get me wrong, it's a great game, just that seems like a way to speed it up.

Well, considering the importance of the rewards I guess anyone can get used to the system of the minigame, as it is. I also didnt like the idea of giving "lives" to the player, because that'd make the game a bit too easy, and again, considering that you can get a stat booster quite early, didnt want to make it too easy.

About Carlos dialogues, it's just fine, i'm sick and tired of "this is for tiny kids" thing about pokemon, if i ever make an hack it will be with a teen character... Just dont turn shinygold into a Quartz part 2 okay zel? It's fine the way it is, keep the status quo.
Speaking of dialogues... i'm just waiting to see how Amelia's gonna be... I hate soapoperas but i really like the way you're builing the story ;)

The minigame is awsome man, very well built, you keep startling me with your scripting miracles, you are a genious in that field. Altough it's a bit disappointing in the reward field, maybe you could switch the PP Up with a PP Max? It will still have that 1/6 probability, wich is not much...

No way it'll become a Quartz in that aspect, though I enjoyed that aspect from the game XD
Just in case you are expecting Amelia and Gold to get married, I assure you that wont happen... XD

PPMax so early in the game is a no no. You can get as many PP Ups as you want, so, it's kinda the same thing.
I'm not making the minigames as if they were cheats for you to take advantage of them, that's for sure.

Is most of the mini games are in beta 6? Just asking. Or some mini games in beta 6?

All the stuff I've been showing up will be included in the next release.

Too bad they sound too good, I'm sure they are MP3s or something like that, and we work with midis (which gives us less quality, but it's the only way to insert them into the game), so I cannot use those.

so zel/zels team any ideas wat legends will be in the next beta and i think this was already answered but how far will this one go

Lugia and you'll get another legendary. And you'll see two others that you cannot get yet. Yeah, I'm not gonna be specific.

I really cant say which parts I'll drop and which I'll keep (parts = features, right?), I'd like to keep everything, but you know that some cannot be done, while others are really hard to do. I'll see what I can do about them as the development progresses.

Can i make a suggestion to the SGX could you make the wild Pokemon i bit more high leveled just using the trainers is not a lot of experience and the town maps is a little erratic i have tried to under stand it but i cant it is clearly johto but if i go in to union cave it says i am in Violet city

Keeping the original levels is something that just increases the difficulty of training. It was something that was intentional.

The world map is still not 100% finished.

Hi Zel.

-Already implemented, dont want to change that.
-I dont have problems. Anyone can start their own translations. I'm not looking for official translations.
-Not a problem, we dont have enough flyposts
-I dont know what means "helping us", because as you know for Pokemon battles you'd need to have it captured. Unless you mean something like "X legendary overwold comes and beats someone and then leaves", if it's that, I dont know, I have most of the legendaries events already planned, I'll give some thought to that.

One more thing. I just read on a site that if you HYPOTHETICALLY got this on a cartridge, you could trade with FR/LG. I assume this is a lie but I figured I'd ask anyway.

It would work. At least with two VBA's works :P

Wow!

I just looked at the Radio script. That must have taken a seriously long time to write!

I'm still not happy with "who do you want to call" vs. "whom do you want to call" which is what it should be... ;)

Whom... Who, what does it matter? Besides I already fixed that, enough already -_-

I've saw many of those caves in beta 4 with a huge rock infront of the entrance.
Are some of the minigames located there? probally a few I guess.
I'm really getting the nerve to start playin beta 5.
But I dont want to spoil the game so I wait till your finished.
Seriously good luck with this project. =)

No, I'm putting the minigames locations on places that werent blocked by rocks. The rocks only lead to legendaries or something else.

That means that MarioRPG had a cute hammer, then :laugh:

[EDIT]: In fact, the hammer was from the Mario&Luigi RPG (GBA), but yeah, MarioRPGs (specially the M&L) have the most original and funny minigames and features of the RPG history :P

Went
September 6th, 2008, 06:31 AM
That means that MarioRPG had a cute hammer, then :laugh:

...when I saw the River Minigame, I said "Hey, this looks like the Midas River in Mario RPG!"

I guess we discovered the source of inspiration for your minigames XD

Gumbyx84
September 6th, 2008, 07:14 AM
Sorry Zel. Didn't mean to start a morals war in your thread.

Originally Posted by magikarp HAX http://www.pokecommunity.com/images/templates/topseekreht/seedsofplatinum_20080617/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=3903139#post3903139)

Too bad they sound too good, I'm sure they are MP3s or something like that, and we work with midis (which gives us less quality, but it's the only way to insert them into the game), so I cannot use those.

There are ways to convert those mp3s to MIDI format though right? Or will that just kill the greatness of the new music?

JJK
September 6th, 2008, 10:16 AM
So... now we know that the river minigame will be early in the game hehehe (zel: oh ****... XD)
Marry? what does that mean? I dont know what that is....

And what about screenies? I know other ppl been asking, and i don't want to annoy, but WE ARE IN NEED XD
Also, neither i or (i think) zel are spriters, so if any of them could do it, a big(2x2) kahngaskan sprite (for the mother in the rock tunnel) would be useful, if zel's in favour of it.

And zel... be honoured
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shiny_Gold#Pok.C3.A9mon_ShinyGold

Enuo
September 6th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Did you set the save type to Flash 128k before loading the ROM?
No. I wouldn't know how. >.<

bobmarleypeople
September 6th, 2008, 12:50 PM
**falls through ceiling**

woah. Hey all! Long time no see (again). Looks like while I've been away, Zel's been working on the hack like mad! The minigames look amazing! You put other hackers to shame XD

By the way, have the beta releases always been yearly? I only arrived sorta mid beta 4-5 time so i dunno.

Anyways, nice to see everyone again, and it's good (cough cough) to see that people still don't read the F&Qs!

Enuo
September 6th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Okay, I think I figured it out now.

Hey, was it you guys who made that awesome version of Necron's theme at the end?

Carrack
September 6th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Just downloaded this, and it is quite excellent. The scope of it amazes me, you've put some real work into it.

I've only played a little bit so far. Only negative thing I've noticed is that the music is occasionally slightly static-y, though that might be because there are small FPS drops here and there.

5 out of 5 mudkipz!

El Moss
September 7th, 2008, 12:58 AM
Hey, Zel, you know the staff in the Celadon Mansion, you should replace them with you and anyone else that helped you significantly in this game's development. (Music, scripters, etc.)

Gold Tom
September 7th, 2008, 01:09 AM
**falls through ceiling**

Great, now on top of all his work with the hack, zel's got to fix the roof!

Anyways, I just finished the beta. Thankyou so much zel for giving the hacking community this gem of a game. It is truly awesome. Shiny Gold will be on my computer for a long time to come.

Tigerfire
September 7th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Help ME!
I don't know what to do anymore
I already beat Misty and returned the Missing part to the power plant
and I already got the Ghostbuster to work
But when i go to the cave there's a rock in the way
also there's rocks blocking the way in Sabrina's City to go to Celadon and to that ghost town.
I also have gotten that pass for the train

Banjora Marxvile
September 7th, 2008, 08:16 AM
That is why there is a Help Thread in the Scrapbox! Ask there!

Raging_Lugia
September 7th, 2008, 08:17 AM
would it be possible to port this to ds cos it would be the ultimate hack then!

Lady Berlitz
September 7th, 2008, 08:19 AM
would it be possible to port this to ds cos it would be the ultimate hack then!Uh... You're not very knowledgeable of ROM Hacking, are you?

It's impossible, no matter what, to import everything to a Nintendo DS ROM, as they are totally different things. If you mean to start from scratch on a completely different NDS ROM, then that is possible, although I doubt zel would do that at this time.

the almighty Zel fan
September 7th, 2008, 08:31 AM
zel is a good friend of mine. ( on the forum) and as you can see, by my name, i am a really big fan of his. I will PM him. if he doesn't respond, i will return

Raging_Lugia
September 7th, 2008, 08:31 AM
o ok see im kinda new sooo

Lady Berlitz
September 7th, 2008, 08:37 AM
zel is a good friend of mine. ( on the forum) and as you can see, by my name, i am a really big fan of his. I will PM him. if he doesn't respond, i will returnI'm not sure what you mean. Do you have a question about Shiny Gold?
If you do, it would be better if you post here, so you don't fill up his Private Messages.

Tigerfire
September 7th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Help ME!
I don't know what to do anymore
I already beat Misty and returned the Missing part to the power plant
and I already got the Ghostbuster to work
But when i go to the cave there's a rock in the way
also there's rocks blocking the way in Sabrina's City to go to Celadon and to that ghost town.
I also have gotten that pass for the train

That is why there is a Help Thread in the Scrapbox! Ask there!

And Where is that?
I'm new to this whole thread and website -______-

taybrown90
September 7th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Hi people. I had a problan than some people had in their flash carts: the Nintendo logo at starting the rom is bad.

The solution is that:

1st: You need these tools:
GBA Header tool, GBA Tool Advance, A rom with a good logo (like the Fire red base)
and the bad rom. I can't post the links because I haven't make a minimmum number of posts and put the rom base is illegal.

2nd: When you have all these things start:
Open the Header tool and select the bad rom
In the tool with the bad rom opened go to the last option and select copy header.
Select the rom base and wait a moment, you'll have the nintendo logo repaired.

But now is another problem: you can't save.

3rd and last:
Open the GbaTA and select the bad rom, goto sram patcher and select the directory of the new rom.Click patch and the new rom will be playable^^.

If you didn't understand anything or something, sorry, I'm Spanish and 12 years old (I didn't used a translator)

PS: Zel, if you can or if you want put it in the first post (don't need credit).

Wow, MegaIan, you are the MAN. I couldn't get the game to work on my R4 because of the glitched Nintendo screen, but I followed your instructions and it works perfectly now. THANK YOU, YOU'RE AWESOME! :D

Neji835
September 7th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Hey why wont it let me save it says save error are something like that???

bobmarleypeople
September 7th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Hey why wont it let me save it says save error are something like that???

lol as I said before, no change on the forums.

READ THE FAQ!!!!

Tigerfire
September 7th, 2008, 09:19 AM
I'm playing this game on my PSP
is there anyway if i can patch it with the newest beta and keep playing from where I left off?

also how do i patch this?
where can i get the latest Beta?

kaitanuva
September 7th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Wow, MegaIan, you are the MAN. I couldn't get the game to work on my R4 because of the glitched Nintendo screen, but I followed your instructions and it works perfectly now. THANK YOU, YOU'RE AWESOME! :D

Lies. GBA games aren't playable on the R4.

CrimsonVerde
September 7th, 2008, 10:49 AM
I've only just begun playing this, but what little I have played of it I enjoy very much! Though I still don't know too much about this type of thing, I do know it's a very time-consuming process to pull off something this large. Thanks so much for this!

Magnius
September 7th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Did a remix of route 29. Not finished yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTEbEHzCKeI

deadlyangel91792
September 7th, 2008, 01:42 PM
sweet the remix sounds great everyone that worked on making this did a great job zel you freakin rock i worship you as a hacking GOD

Pokémonlegend222
September 7th, 2008, 01:44 PM
nice game! I love it, I already completed the game and I'm waiting for the final beta to be released!

jAvAcOlA
September 7th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Did a remix of route 29. Not finished yet.

It sounds like the brown noise.

One Winged Angel
September 7th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Whats the big hype over this game? Theres some bad scripts, and its just a remake. I would like to see Zel make his own.

Magnius
September 7th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Whats the big hype over this game? Theres some bad scripts, and its just a remake. I would like to see Zel make his own.
You don't have to play it you know. If you've gotten nothing useful or nice to say, why post? I mean really, atleast point out these scripts or attempt to help Zel fix them.

SethCullen
September 7th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Awesome Hack. This hack actually is one of my favorites just because G/S/C Was my favorite series.

Magnius
September 7th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Testing a bunch of remixes in-game. Basically my answer to Clonex25's "Minutes of Melodies".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovNHb2glKVQ

Note: Most of these remixes are WIP's and may be changed.

jAvAcOlA
September 7th, 2008, 07:51 PM
I just looked at the earlier posts in this thread and in March there were people saying Beta 6 was almost done. So uhhh....what happened?

EDIT: Actually January.

jerwin1400
September 7th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Hey guys could u help me in my little problem about the game...when i start the game and set the emulator and change the save type and apply the rom...when I started the game there is no NEW GAME plus the OPTION?? there is an instruction saying how to play it and the warning for the areas that can't go through...I play the game by now but i usually save the game by pressing Ctrl+S to the keyboard and to load it Ctrl+L...after defeating Carlos after lance i can't continue anymore my file and it starts again to the very beginning..

help me please..Thank you.

DiggorysGremlin
September 8th, 2008, 02:40 AM
You don't have to play it you know. If you've gotten nothing useful or nice to say, why post? I mean really, atleast point out these scripts or attempt to help Zel fix them.

Leave this guy alone. He's got a good point. it's pretty much just constructive criticism but in a different form. He raises a good point: "How good would Zel be in his own, original, hack?". That's a question worth answering.

Magnius
September 8th, 2008, 02:56 AM
How bout you search around the Toolbox area of the forums? Zel isn't your mother, he has a life [not saying your mother doesn't in all respect], which includes a job, uni assignments, SOCIAL INTERACTION [which is what people on this forum need] and family life too. So quit your beggin'.

Seriously, check the Toolbox area.

EDIT:

Leave this guy alone. He's got a good point. it's pretty much just constructive criticism but in a different form. He raises a good point: "How good would Zel be in his own, original, hack?". That's a question worth answering.
But what's this topic got to do with that? Zero. If he wants to criticize Zel on "How would Zel be in his own, original, hack?" he can make a topic about it. This is the Shiny Gold thread. And still the other criticism he gave was baseless, because he made no attempt to even help Zel on what he criticizing him on(I'm referring to the bad scripts he was talking about). So in the end, that question is irrelavent to the topic. Like I said, he wants to criticize Zel on that, he's free to make his OWN topic about it. But don't fill up Zel's thread with irrelavent questions like that.

I can haz haxburgrz?
September 8th, 2008, 07:50 AM
OMG these minigames look amazing!!! i want the next beta soooo bad.. and when was trhe last one released? it was about 6months ago right?

Kanzler
September 8th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Seriously guys, lets get back on topic.
But what's this topic got to do with that? Zero. If he wants to criticize Zel on "How would Zel be in his own, original, hack?" he can make a topic about it.
Thank you. Stop criticizing every other person who asks for a hack tool cuz chances are they're new to the forum. Look at balkj. 2 posts. Do u think that everyone on this forum is a clone of urself?

Lets keep it calm, keep it calm.

abyssthesavior
September 8th, 2008, 05:19 PM
hey zel i forget can pichu be born with volt tackle in shiny gold? i mean its a fire red hack but...im not sure...i mean i tried it myself but to no avail so plz confirm for me thanx

abyssthesavior

Ineffable~
September 8th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Whenever I play this hack I just squeal in excitement for the final version! Thank you!!!!

Just press SHIFT+F1 to save
and F1 to load.

hey zel i forget can pichu be born with volt tackle in shiny gold? i mean its a fire red hack but...im not sure...i mean i tried it myself but to no avail so plz confirm for me thanx

abyssthesavior

click....DOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMSSSSDAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!! *abyss's music plays*

That feature wasn't introduced until pokemon emerald.

Bad scripts!? Can you say that you could of thought of a way to make the Phone system work? Could you have made all those Minigames? Sure, there's a few dialouge errors here but what else would you critize?

This is going to get as original as it get's. If you put anyone else in this position I doubt that they would have made a game better than this. Before you try to give negative comments to something, think of what you can do that's better than what he did. Honestly :\
Thank you for saying that! It needed to be said.:rambo: (you earned a rambo smiley)

Flandre Scarlet
September 8th, 2008, 06:39 PM
This game is really great. :D

DiggorysGremlin
September 8th, 2008, 10:40 PM
But what's this topic got to do with that? Zero. If he wants to criticize Zel on "How would Zel be in his own, original, hack?" he can make a topic about it. This is the Shiny Gold thread. And still the other criticism he gave was baseless, because he made no attempt to even help Zel on what he criticizing him on(I'm referring to the bad scripts he was talking about). So in the end, that question is irrelavent to the topic. Like I said, he wants to criticize Zel on that, he's free to make his OWN topic about it. But don't fill up Zel's thread with irrelavent questions like that.

You know what? You've got a point. I agree.

Sarcastic Prince
September 9th, 2008, 12:46 AM
Testing a bunch of remixes in-game. Basically my answer to Clonex25's "Minutes of Melodies".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovNHb2glKVQ

Note: Most of these remixes are WIP's and may be changed.

Off Topic: Wow. Are you Spanish?

On Topic: Good. No, I mean, Excellent!!

I can never compare you and Clonex 25!!

You are both good at remixing Gold Music!!

Surf
September 9th, 2008, 01:53 AM
This was the first Hack i played it's great and it got me into hacking

tiagooc
September 9th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Zel can you help me out?http://www.pokecommunity.com/images/icons/icon9.gif...i was using a old beta of the sg but there were some bugs..at the pokemon center....the map and no pokegear too...yesterday i saw this new beta and tryied it and it works fine its pretty cool but i can't save its already in flash 128k as you said...im using my old SG save file for this beta is that the problem?..i would really like to continue playing in my save in this better betahttp://www.pokecommunity.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

squirtle rocks!
September 9th, 2008, 06:53 AM
it wont work it says the 1 m sub circuit is not installed:s

jerryonhere
September 9th, 2008, 07:24 AM
it wont work it says the 1 m sub circuit is not installed:s

Go to Options>Emulator>Save Type and click Flash 128K. That should work.

Team Poison
September 9th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Guy's and Gal's be warned whilst searching for Pokémon games on ebay I came across this.

http://i23.ebayimg.com/03/i/001/0a/e7/a736_1.JPG (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-pokemon-shiny-gold-emerald-nintendo-sp-ds-game_W0QQitemZ290259048355QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item290259048355&_trkparms=72%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14)

But back to the subject, Zel I cannot believe that your game has come so far and there is still plenty to come.

jAvAcOlA
September 9th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Guy's and Gal's be warned whilst searching for Pokémon games on ebay I came across this.

Is that a warning for pirating or to not buy that?

Team Poison
September 9th, 2008, 12:22 PM

It's a Warning not to buy it because Shiny Gold is not yet complete and you would just be buying the beta release and also I will not buy it because it will feel like I am offending Zel.

furrypaws16
September 9th, 2008, 03:12 PM

Yes, unfortunately, Shiny Gold has been a target for piracy since right around Beta 2. I'm also guessing it's a bootleg, meaning it doesn't even retain a save file for long (like, a week or so). Do NOT purchase it. You will only be supporting piracy. If you'd really like to enjoy Shiny Gold on a GBA, purchase a flash cart.

Zel can you help me out?...i was using a old beta of the sg but there were some bugs..at the pokemon center....the map and no pokegear too...yesterday i saw this new beta and tryied it and it works fine its pretty cool but i can't save its already in flash 128k as you said...im using my old SG save file for this beta is that the problem?..i would really like to continue playing in my save in this better beta

Yes, that does appear to be your problem. Using the same ROM base for patching (double patching) generally does not work well. It creates bugs that are not the fault of the creator of the hack, and I'm pretty sure that holds true for "converting" save files as well.

jAvAcOlA
September 9th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Yes, unfortunately, Shiny Gold has been a target for piracy since right around Beta 2. I'm also guessing it's a bootleg, meaning it doesn't even retain a save file for long (like, a week or so). Do NOT purchase it. You will only be supporting piracy. If you'd really like to enjoy Shiny Gold on a GBA, purchase a flash cart.

What do you mean by bootleg? How can you have a bootleg of a fake game?

furrypaws16
September 9th, 2008, 04:00 PM
What do you mean by bootleg? How can you have a bootleg of a fake game?

I'll be honest; I wasn't quite sure what I was talking about. I'm not sure how bootlegging works exactly, but I'm betting it's cheap either way. Just do not buy it, as it is illegal.

I was scarred by a bootleg once. I still want to play Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town, but that's for a different topic. *sigh*

tacofire47
September 9th, 2008, 05:07 PM
this game is awesome i've been playing it for 5 days now!!

+Sneasel™
September 9th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Well Zel, giving a big compliment here, I actually just restarted my game on SG after beating it already, and it's still fun :) I love the hack and everything about it, I wish you the best of luck on anything else that happens in the next beta!!!!!!!

ptshady
September 9th, 2008, 06:01 PM
I'm also Portuguese and if he needs help I'm here, but please, if you want to help, keep in mind that it will be a Portuguese translation, not a Brazilian Portuguese translation (so no "você é um mau cara. Droga!")

And about the fly posts it will be that way, there are not enough.

Iam Portuguese too =D ;) i would help too if needed

SDODC13
September 9th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Ok supose I had a flash cart for gba. If I used the patched rom would it still run like it would in the emulator?
On a side note about how many more mini games do you plan to make?

Ripper
September 9th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Hey there Zel, another small question about the hack...

When was it that you chnage to the tiles you are currently using? I don't remember if in Beta 2(?) you had them or the orignial FR tiles.

Also, how often do you restart your game on SG? You keep adding thins in previous maps and you must have to keep starting again to get the full advantage out of each addity. Do you use the same team each time?

Oh yeah, we may have to get this thread cleaned uyp again... There's alot of random off topic posting/flaming/asking the same questions over and over again. Maybe you should create a neg rep systme where off topic posters get bad rep? It's really annoying whenever you check back to see if there are anymore screenies or updates by you and all you find is "My game won't save! Help me!!!".

JJK
September 10th, 2008, 06:20 AM
I'll be honest; I wasn't quite sure what I was talking about. I'm not sure how bootlegging works exactly, but I'm betting it's cheap either way. Just do not buy it, as it is illegal.

I was scarred by a bootleg once. I still want to play Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town, but that's for a different topic. *sigh*
I'm not sure, but they probably stick a cheap or depleted battery on the cartridge, which runs out quickly. If any of you have a original Pokemon Gold cartridge, you know what I'm talking about: you can't save anymore, because the battery has run out. The thing I don't understand is how they get the cartridges.

Well, I played all trough beta 5 on the X version, and it may sound silly, but it still think it is too easy. It may just be me, but a XX verion would be welcome, at least from me XD.

Toshinti
September 10th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Zel, may I ask, do you have a hacker working on ShinyGold who goes by the name of Adam, Skyler Blood, Haxormist, Zephyr Hellkaiser, or and combination of those? (or has worked at any time on it)

I would really appreciate and answer.

furrypaws16
September 10th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Ok supose I had a flash cart for gba. If I used the patched rom would it still run like it would in the emulator?

It should. I see no reason why it wouldn't. Keep in mind, though, that any pokemon achieved on this game are technically unlegitimate, and should not be used for official competitions. I'm guessing you probably don't care about that, but it's always good to make sure.

I'm not sure, but they probably stick a cheap or depleted battery on the cartridge, which runs out quickly. If any of you have a original Pokemon Gold cartridge, you know what I'm talking about: you can't save anymore, because the battery has run out. The thing I don't understand is how they get the cartridges.

It's not the battery, I know that for sure. GBA games use flash memory for storing memory, and even with games that use batteries, the functions are not tied with saving. For example, Pokemon R/S/E had a battery that controlled the clock. If that battery dies, you will recieve a message telling you as much, and time based events (such as battling other people in their bases, gathering berries, etc.) would be disabled, and time would be "stuck". As in, if the game was stuck at 2:38 PM, your game would believe it to be 2:38 PM for the rest of eternity, unless you replace the battery, which, I think, if done correctly (do NOT quote me on this!) would get the clock working again without affecting your saves.

Anyways, they must have a factory for it or something. I'm betting the materials are very cheap and flimsy, and the cartridges aren't official (for instance, saying "NINTONDO" on the back). They can also damage your GBA, so avoid at all costs. Say no to pirates!

SDODC13
September 11th, 2008, 09:37 AM
It should. I see no reason why it wouldn't. Keep in mind, though, that any pokemon achieved on this game are technically unlegitimate, and should not be used for official competitions. I'm guessing you probably don't care about that, but it's always good to make sure.

Kinda figured as much and yea you'd be right. The only tornies i take place in are online through d/p But its good to know.

Apple Inc.
September 11th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Well the battery was actually only in RS and could be fixed by linking up with FRLG and repairing it that way. But it's just the way it's programmed.

Anyway now. I love the implementation of the new Mini-game. It's very unique. So does this mean that other progress will begin such as Music, etc.

furrypaws16
September 11th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Kinda figured as much and yea you'd be right. The only tornies i take place in are online through d/p But its good to know.

Even then, you should always check to make sure. Some might not view it fair that you recieved a Ho-Oh/Legendary Gerbil/Totodile/Celebi/Whatever from a hack while they went to events/bought multitudes of other games/etc. To some, it's the same as using a Gameshark to enable appearance rates, which is also seen as cheating. I personally don't see it that way, but that's just me. Although, I'm sure if you explain it to the "host", it'll be fine. MOst everyone's heard of Shiny Gold by now. ^_^

SDODC13
September 11th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Even then, you should always check to make sure. Some might not view it fair that you recieved a Ho-Oh/Legendary Gerbil/Totodile/Celebi/Whatever from a hack while they went to events/bought multitudes of other games/etc. To some, it's the same as using a Gameshark to enable appearance rates, which is also seen as cheating. I personally don't see it that way, but that's just me. Although, I'm sure if you explain it to the "host", it'll be fine. MOst everyone's heard of Shiny Gold by now. ^_^Thats true. This hack is all over the internet. Zel is like famous ^^

Though you do bring up a strong point though

Hikari318
September 12th, 2008, 01:33 AM
I really love that hack, it's so well-done, and playing G/S/C again is awesome<3
Thank you!!

I have a question though : can Eevee evolve into Espeon?

The Abyss
September 12th, 2008, 01:43 AM
IIRC you can do that with a Sun Stone...

rafa200
September 12th, 2008, 03:40 AM
Hey zel! You know that im waiting for the final beta to play it yeah!?

Good luck friend! Its perfect!!

Hikari318
September 12th, 2008, 09:12 AM
IIRC you can do that with a Sun Stone...
Alright thanks.
Where can we find the Sun Stone? xD

Joao Victor
September 12th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Alright thanks.
Where can we find the Sun Stone? xD

u can get the sun stone winnig 1st place in the bug catcher contest

jAvAcOlA
September 12th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Since you don't have much time...have you thought about just dropping the third region?

Hikari318
September 12th, 2008, 01:51 PM
u can get the sun stone winnig 1st place in the bug catcher contest
Ok thanks.
Bug Catcher contest >_<

ze656
September 12th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Well, I'm new here and I just wanted to congratulate you for all the great job done until now!
Keep at it! ;)

Gold Version
September 12th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Hey whats up zel, I just wanted to let you know that you're a genius for this and that this is the greatest Pokemon game ever (besides the original Gold). I say that and this isn't even a finished product. I've been aware you've been working on this game since you released beta 3 but I haven't really voiced my opinion on the game.

The only criticisms I have are small things and even those I can get past, but my biggest gripe with the game is that you used a god awful sprite for my favorite Pokemon: Feraligatr.

I know the sprite in fire Red looks much cooler than that one, so my suggestion is that you change the Feraligatr sprite back to the way it was or even to Emeralds Feraligatr sprite. Also I think that you should've added the Team Magma/Aqua grunts music from R/S/E as the Team Rocket grunts music instead of the Magma/Aqua admin music. Lastly you definitely need to change the wild Pokemon battle and trainer battle musics, they are the most boring tracks out of any songs on all the Pokemon games.

Other than that...keep up the good work and I hope you'll be done soon.

zel 2.0
September 13th, 2008, 07:14 AM
Hello everyone, skipping some questions that could be worth of replying in the Help Thread (you know, this thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=123140)), and questions about how to make the game save properly (which I and many of us have answered countless times), again a whole discussion about pirates (which has an easy answer: Never buy unofficial games!), and a comment that seemed to have caused some problems (and that I cant really answer, as we wont know as I only work on this project), avoiding all that, this is what I can reply to...

There are ways to convert those mp3s to MIDI format though right? Or will that just kill the greatness of the new music?

There are, at least I remember about something like that when I was still working with RPG Maker. Probably things have progressed, because when I tried a program for that, the result was quite bad.

And what about screenies? I know other ppl been asking, and i don't want to annoy, but WE ARE IN NEED XD

And zel... be honoured
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shiny_Gold#Pok.C3.A9mon_ShinyGold

Screenies wont get released till I start to fix bugs and beta test the B6. That'll give me more time to distract people :P

Should I? I dont know, not like I know much about how important is Bulbapedia :\

Hey, was it you guys who made that awesome version of Necron's theme at the end?

It was on a zipped file that I had since the time I worked with RPGM. So, not like I could remember the whereabouts of that zip file or who is the creator. So, credits to the person behind it, whoever you are :D

Hey, Zel, you know the staff in the Celadon Mansion, you should replace them with you and anyone else that helped you significantly in this game's development. (Music, scripters, etc.)

In fact, you may not have spotted me, but I was there (taking a break, as usual XD), I dont think I'll change those guys, after all, they did the game to begin with, they deserve their credit :P

I dont know. According to people who have done it, seems like it would.
One more for the next release, and then one or two more puzzles for the Trick House.

Hey there Zel, another small question about the hack...

When was it that you chnage to the tiles you are currently using? I don't remember if in Beta 2(?) you had them or the orignial FR tiles.

Also, how often do you restart your game on SG? You keep adding thins in previous maps and you must have to keep starting again to get the full advantage out of each addity. Do you use the same team each time?

Oh yeah, we may have to get this thread cleaned uyp again... There's alot of random off topic posting/flaming/asking the same questions over and over again. Maybe you should create a neg rep systme where off topic posters get bad rep? It's really annoying whenever you check back to see if there are anymore screenies or updates by you and all you find is "My game won't save! Help me!!!".

I wonder... I think it was on Beta4. And I was a bit reluctant to change them, but a comment from Neos made me, at least try to see how the game would look with a few changes in the graphical area, and I ended up liking them. So, I switched to "let's try to make the graphics of this game a mix of every generation", dont know if that'll be nice to everyone, but that's how it's gonna be.

Usually, when I start to do a serious bug fixing or when I'm starting a beta testing with my testers. I dont really like to start a new game (as much as you do, yeah :P), but, it's the only way to make sure everything is working correctly.
My team? I'm such a fool, I always want to make my own team (Carlos' team), so that makes playing multiple times a bit boring.

Unfortunately, this is the second thread, and the first one got closed for the same reasons. Starting another would get the same result so in the end, creating a new thread, getting some offtopicness, closing a thread, creating another sounds a bit pointless to me. It may happen eventually, but not anytime soon.
Besides, I think there are a lot of links on the web that would lead people to the less updated thread, and that would lead to more problems.
I'll keep trusting that mods will take care of this thread and the Rom Hacking area with their best effort ;)

Hey whats up zel, I just wanted to let you know that you're a genius for this and that this is the greatest Pokemon game ever (besides the original Gold). I say that and this isn't even a finished product. I've been aware you've been working on this game since you released beta 3 but I haven't really voiced my opinion on the game.

The only criticisms I have are small things and even those I can get past, but my biggest gripe with the game is that you used a god awful sprite for my favorite Pokemon: Feraligatr.

I know the sprite in fire Red looks much cooler than that one, so my suggestion is that you change the Feraligatr sprite back to the way it was or even to Emeralds Feraligatr sprite. Also I think that you should've added the Team Magma/Aqua grunts music from R/S/E as the Team Rocket grunts music instead of the Magma/Aqua admin music. Lastly you definitely need to change the wild Pokemon battle and trainer battle musics, they are the most boring tracks out of any songs on all the Pokemon games.

Other than that...keep up the good work and I hope you'll be done soon.

Too bad about Feraligatr, it's the first complain I hear, so unless I get more, there's nothing I can do. I thought it was a good work from Marnic, but as always, it's just a matter of opinions, it seems.

I liked the admin music more, it was more like "it makes me eager to battle", but dont worry too much about it. As the original Gold TR battle theme will be used there, anyway.
That goes also for the other musics you mention. Check out clonex25 and Magnius accounts on Youtube to get a better idea of how they could sound (criticism, if there's any, is always welcome, as that's useful to improve)

So, that's it. I'll get back to work on my maps for the next minigame after I lunch.

Gold Version
September 13th, 2008, 07:58 AM
Too bad about Feraligatr, it's the first complain I hear, so unless I get more, there's nothing I can do. I thought it was a good work from Marnic, but as always, it's just a matter of opinions, it seems.

I liked the admin music more, it was more like "it makes me eager to battle", but dont worry too much about it. As the original Gold TR battle theme will be used there, anyway.
That goes also for the other musics you mention. Check out clonex25 and Magnius accounts on Youtube to get a better idea of how they could sound (criticism, if there's any, is always welcome, as that's useful to improve)

So, that's it. I'll get back to work on my maps for the next minigame after I lunch.

That's great about the music and I guess I can live with the Feraligatr. The music is an essential part of the game and its good you realize that. Thanks for gettin back so quick.

o.necromancer.o
September 13th, 2008, 08:01 AM

Yeah I have to agree I never liked the Feraligatr sprite either.

JJK
September 13th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Should I? I dont know, not like I know much about how important is Bulbapedia :\
In fact, you may not have spotted me, but I was there (taking a break, as usual XD), I dont think I'll change those guys, after all, they did the game to begin with, they deserve their credit :P.
Bulbapedia is simply the wiki of Pokemon, and not only in looks. They're updating everything to Platinium standards (movesets, sprites, etc.) so it's a bit messy right now, but it's quality is parallel (i mean, considering the gynourmous Wikipedia with the "tiny" BPedia) to it's father's. I say be honored because what could a man wish more than to be an entry in an encyclopedia? XD

You don't need to evict Game Freak, you can just cram your room... oh wait, you're taking a break... meh, map an extra floor, easy stuff XD
Then when we talked to magni or clonex a song would play (pewter jigglypuff maybe? :D)

Danman2327
September 13th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Yeah i didnt like the feraligatr and typhlosion sprites that much. There eyes dont seem right. Also where are the minigames?

Tyrantrum
September 13th, 2008, 05:02 PM
The mini games are only in beta 6, which wasn't released yet. :\

Giovanni Boss
September 13th, 2008, 05:24 PM
I also quite dislike the feraligatr sprite, but I dislike every Feraligatr sprite I have seen up to now. Guess I'm not a good reference. xD
Hmm... Let's see... Something to cause impact...
I know! Happy Easter!

poddish
September 13th, 2008, 05:32 PM
I have a glitch.

if you don't show elm the togepi before you beat the pokemon league, you can't get the master ball, which is too bad because this happened to me. :(

you can also bike in the lavender town name rater's house.

sirboulevard
September 13th, 2008, 05:35 PM
I have a glitch.

if you don't show elm the togepi before you beat the pokemon league, you can't get the master ball, which is too bad because this happened to me. :(
Yeah, I know this has been mentioned already, but i dont know if Zel has fixed it for Beta 6 though.

deadlyangel91792
September 13th, 2008, 05:47 PM
weird that never happpend to me