PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

shadoweevee
August 22nd, 2007, 08:51 PM
By the way, I think I'll show one of the surprises I'm gonna be implementing for the next Beta...

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1402/trickhousexq0.png

Do you wanna guess?... No... Not... That's not it... Not at all... Wrong!

What is it? It's the Trick House!

Yes, the Trick House from RSE was one of my favorite locations in RSE, because of the puzzles they used. So now, it is time for me to give you a whole set of new puzzles considering we are now in Johto, and stuff changed. So, just like the trick house in RSE, the puzzles will be varying as you defeat Johto (and Kanto :D) Gyms!

Oh, by the way, that thing right next to the building is one of the many Phone Booths you'll see across the game (I said I was gonna talk about those things later, more specifically once I start to implement their script, so I can show you how they work)

Peace! (And this time... I really meant it :classic:)

Wow! that's a great idea! I would never have guessed that...

BTW I think people using old save should not be able to post glitches, because of the all the messed up stuff they get in the process. But it's your decision Zel.

Midnight Beat
August 22nd, 2007, 08:54 PM
Wow Zel, the trick house; that's the last thing I would of thought you would put in SG, but I'm glad you did cause the puzzles in there were fun. And the phone booth looks awesome, I still can't wait to see how that'll work.

XxOblivion77
August 22nd, 2007, 10:06 PM
Wow.

I was just playing emerald and saw the trick house and thought:

" Zel should put this in shiny gold"

I was coming here to request it, but there it was.

Always thinking ahead, good job.

The fly spots/map is pretty annoying, but if you can't fix it, well that's just that.

Oh, in someone's thread, they said they were able to include night and day, but I'm almost certain you can't mimic this because:

1. He/She was using emerald, a game with time
2. Your using Fire Red, a game with... no time >_>

Oh well, it's not needed so it doesn't really matter.

Honestly Zel, this hack is crazy awesome and you have some unique ideas, I hope you make another hack after this :D

Ripper
August 22nd, 2007, 10:36 PM
Putting my great observation skills to the test... Is that just west of Violet City?

Went
August 22nd, 2007, 11:19 PM
Yep, where the Sudowoodo. Better, because I hated not having a fly spot near in R/S/E. That's a wonderful addition, zel!

Kronos1000
August 22nd, 2007, 11:32 PM
Hey Zel, I'd like to report something. There are people in the game that give Items, but when your Bag is full they just don't give you anything, this includes: The three Dragon Masters, the PP Max guy, Bills Grandfather and their may be others, but not that I know of. S oif your Bag is full they say and do as they give you the stuff, but if you make a free spot in your bag afterwarths they act like they've allready given it. :(

a2h
August 23rd, 2007, 01:03 AM
More improvments over Gold than Nintendo made for FireRed/LeafGreen over Red/Blue.

With the trick house, woah. Schweeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Katalyst
August 23rd, 2007, 02:15 AM
Wow, the Trick House.

I started to like the Trick House as soon as I entered there, in Ruby. So, Shiny Gold will be a lot cooler than it is now (very cool already :D).

Zel, I'm sure Shiny Gold will be the Hack Of the Year, no doubt. I can't stop saying it is the best hack. Keep up the super-excellent work, man.

Bye!

martauros
August 23rd, 2007, 03:34 AM
Great idea Zel ,I wonder how it'll look inside:knockedou. Great hack Zel, keep going!!!

Anthony_Cini
August 23rd, 2007, 05:00 AM
Great Hack I just started playing it it's so cool.

What is the newest beta?

pokeguy12
August 23rd, 2007, 05:37 AM
beta 4 , as zel said it may take beta 6-7 or even further to fully cimplete the game.

zel 2.0
August 23rd, 2007, 06:21 AM
Oh, in someone's thread, they said they were able to include night and day, but I'm almost certain you can't mimic this because:

1. He/She was using emerald, a game with time
2. Your using Fire Red, a game with... no time >_>

Oh well, it's not needed so it doesn't really matter.

Yes, I know you refer to Tutti's hack, don't worry I know them (and Mastermind_X did a good job on the night/day system for Emerald)

By the way, although I won't be implementing that thing now (mainly because I have other priorities, and mainly 'cause I want Tutti to enjoy the system for some time), it could be possible (according to Mastermind_X) to do a similar system in FR, although, OBVIOUSLY, won't use real time, but would use the gameplay's time in order to do the night/day. It would be something, at least :P (But as I said before, I'm not gonna be doing something about it, 'cause I think finishing the game comes first, then we can discuss extra features all you want)

Hey Zel, I'd like to report something. There are people in the game that give Items, but when your Bag is full they just don't give you anything, this includes: The three Dragon Masters, the PP Max guy, Bills Grandfather and their may be others, but not that I know of. S oif your Bag is full they say and do as they give you the stuff, but if you make a free spot in your bag afterwarths they act like they've allready given it. :(

I blame myself for never using the jump BAGISFULL... I guess it's a fault in my scripting "learnage", but, since I'm already doing everything that way, I guess there's no way to change how I'm doing things now. So, make sure to always have a free spot in your BAG. There are a lot of giveitems commands and it's gonna be hard for me having to fix each one of them -_-

Great idea Zel ,I wonder how it'll look inside:knockedou. Great hack Zel, keep going!!!

Yeah, I also wonder how it'll look O.o ('cause I just mapped the exterior, I'll leave the interiors for after I finished with Fuchsia, and don't forget... I also have to think on cool puzzles using the HMs :P)

That's all, I'm gonna start today's hacking so I'll come back later with more news!

I'll repeat, so people don't forget it: "Keep a good eye on the First Post, it has a lot of information! (And it can solve many questions you could have, being gameplay or not) Read it, read it, read it" ;)

pokeguy12
August 23rd, 2007, 07:15 AM
is it possible to get the silver wing? or are you going to implement that in the next BETA?

Gerri Shin
August 23rd, 2007, 07:20 AM
As far as I know (correct em if I'm wrong zel) bt I don't think the silver wing can be obtained in the current beta. As for if it is in the next beta, I don't know because I don't know where it will go to.

BlazikenMaster2000
August 23rd, 2007, 07:22 AM
Zel, did you know that if you try to use the bike in Route 39, it won't let you do it, but if you go to Olivine City it works fine.

Erimgard
August 23rd, 2007, 07:23 AM
As far as I know (correct em if I'm wrong zel) bt I don't think the silver wing can be obtained in the current beta. As for if it is in the next beta, I don't know because I don't know where it will go to.

you cannot get it now, and I don't think you will get it in B5 either.
I believe B5 is going to Fuschia City, and the wing is in pewter. therfore, I don't think you can get it.

BlazikenMaster2000
August 23rd, 2007, 07:32 AM
Zel, did you know that if you try to use the bike in Route 39, it won't let you do it, but if you go to Olivine City it works fine.

it also happens in route 38.

Scytheteen
August 23rd, 2007, 07:37 AM
yeah the bike thing is messed up. 0_o anyway its not a big problem

Maxim
August 23rd, 2007, 07:40 AM
:lg:The Champion Lance, doesn't have the Trainer Class Champion because if I used the existing "Champion" trainer class, he'd automatically gets called as our rival. So, I had to give him another trainer class, and the only one that I could use (that mantain a cool BGM) is the Elite Four trainer class, so that's why I decided to change all the Elite 4 + Champion into "Elitetrainers"

I think I know how to solve that. And I'm surprised that you dind't use that method. Just find some spare Trainer Class (FR/LG has many of them) and change its name to "CHAMPION". Then, use this class for Lance. Simple, isn't it?

EDIT: Nevermind. I forgot about the BGM.

martauros
August 23rd, 2007, 08:50 AM
Zel, In Olivine left to port when you are walking behind this grey rock, a wild water pkmn can jumps to you O.o. And in front of ... restaurant( the building looking like bike shop in FR) there isn't any footprints.

Kronos1000
August 23rd, 2007, 10:27 AM
I just remebered, are you still going to implant the Berry Shop in Kanto? You said so in the old thread, maybe Celadon will be a good place because it's a flower town.

Welo9
August 23rd, 2007, 12:15 PM
Everyone is saying this is like the best rom for this year huh?

pokeguy12
August 23rd, 2007, 12:24 PM
aw the sad part is i'll lose my great team when the next beta launches :(

Corona
August 23rd, 2007, 12:43 PM
aw the sad part is i'll lose my great team when the next beta launches :(

You can reuse your save file ith the next beta O.O

pokeguy12
August 23rd, 2007, 12:48 PM
i looked in the FAQ and it said both answers are negative

Corona
August 23rd, 2007, 01:02 PM
i looked in the FAQ and it said both answers are negative

Your obviously lieing or just not understanding it because ask Zel himself. He said in the last thread you can. And why do I use my save file from Beta 3.5 on beta 4 and it works fine.

Q: Do I need to restart my game to play the newest Beta?
A: You need to patch it once again into a clean ROM. But you could still use your previous save file. If you want to try it, just save in a PC, to be safe. However, I recommend you to play it from the beginning once again, to appreciate the fixes, playing it more safely, and to avoid bugs that should not happen, because I'm not responsible if something fails!

Copy and Pasted right from The First Shiny Gold thread

pokeguy12
August 23rd, 2007, 01:13 PM
Q: Can I patch over an older patched Beta? Can I continue from an older Beta save? (C)
A: To my knowledge, both answers are negative. Patching over patching and using an older Beta save bring a lot of more errors than when playing the game normally from the beginning. So, don't get too attached to your Pokemon while playing the Beta versions.

well there's what he said in the FAQ.

Corona
August 23rd, 2007, 01:15 PM
well there's what he said in the FAQ.

Well hes wrong O.O look at the first thread your self. Infact I will even make a video of it >_>

pokeguy12
August 23rd, 2007, 01:20 PM
fine >.> ill listen to you for now , but don't blame me for ever getting big errors in your game.

Corona
August 23rd, 2007, 01:25 PM
fine >.> ill listen to you for now , but don't blame me for ever getting big errors in your game.

Actually I havent done it for real only for proof I just know it works.

And it will only cause errors if you save after you do it which I dont

Anyways the video is almost done

Actually I do remember that when beta 4 came out i used my beta 3.5 save file. And the only error was the celebi event wouldnt start. Which isnt a big error infact i think its because I did the kanto glitch

Video is almost done uploading

Blaziken Trainer
August 23rd, 2007, 01:27 PM
After I beat the Elite 4, and the ending credits show up, the game starts over, and I have nowhere to save. Do you think this is a bad rom?

bendamasta
August 23rd, 2007, 01:29 PM
its ur save file... remove the sav. file and change the save type to flash 128k... unfortuneatly that didnt work for me... but thats what it says in the FAQ

Corona
August 23rd, 2007, 01:29 PM
After I beat the Elite 4, and the ending credits show up, the game starts over, and I have nowhere to save. Do you think this is a bad rom?

No

You never save using the real game by pressing start then press save. Or you never changed it to Flash 128k so if it was a bad rom something would of happened before that like for everyone else the game not loading XD

Here is the proof of the save file thing- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7V3SYhSi9w

And if you remove the .sav file you loose your save file all togethor >_>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRfMVRCScr4 - Video guide for farfetch'd event

Lash
August 23rd, 2007, 03:35 PM

Right before you begin to even play your game, make sure you have it on Options > Emulator > Save Type > Flash 128K

If you have it on that from the start, before you even play your game, you will be able to save anytime at any point. If you do that, then you will be able to continue onto Kanto after you beat the Elite Four and Lance, etc.
However, unfortunately it will not work if you do it mid game with a .sav file already open, or thats already been played before, so you have to start from the beginning.

I hope this helps with anyone that is having that problem with the game.

Edit: If you did not completely understand it, PM me so I can simplify it down a little more, or record a video.

zel 2.0
August 23rd, 2007, 05:37 PM
I believe B5 is going to Fuschia City, and the wing is in pewter. therfore, I don't think you can get it.

Erimgard is correct.

Yes, no more Bike problems thing. It is mentioned in the glitches post (because there are a few places where there are problems with the Bike). So, next time a post with a glitch regarding the Bike shows up it should be deleted (I think it already was mentioned a few times in this thread)

Zel, In Olivine left to port when you are walking behind this grey rock, a wild water pkmn can jumps to you O.o. And in front of ... restaurant( the building looking like bike shop in FR) there isn't any footprints.

And, I also don't want the tiles errors stuff to be mentioned either. You know me, I'm not interested in fixing them (and they are pretty obvious to notice, so, if it's obvious, think that I just was lazy to fix it... specially when they are tile problems)

I just remebered, are you still going to implant the Berry Shop in Kanto? You said so in the old thread, maybe Celadon will be a good place because it's a flower town.

Yes, Celadon sounds good (because the Celadon in Gold had less interesting buildings than FR), I'll think about it.

Well hes wrong O.O look at the first thread your self. Infact I will even make a video of it >_>

Joy, my answer will STILL BE the one in this thread's first post. Usually when I release a new Beta I do changes to previous places, repointing maps' offsets and that kind of stuff. So, if people want to have frozen game saves or being trapped in a map I have modified in a new release then go ahead, keep Joy's answer. If you want to play it safely, without risking to have weird stuff, enjoying all the events that you may lose, or may not execute completely or at all, then you will know that the answer is: "No using of older beta saves! No double-patching! Avoid the Walkthrough walls cheat!"
Seriously, I've been working on the hack for more than a year, and I've met a lot of people who had LOTS of problems, just because they didn't follow this suggestion, and they ended up with lots of glitches who didn't normally occured, thus spaming the thread and wasting my time. We (the ones who want the game to be finished) don't want to be full of useless glitches posts, so next time give me some credit when I say something... "he's wrong"... yeah, sure!

Let it be a warning, I think people should stop answering for me. Usually there's been a lot of misunderstanding because of that... Sigh...

[EDIT]: I have made many updates on the Bugs List with all the last informed Bugs (so check it out, and don't post those bugs), I also added a few questions (not that many) to the FAQs.

Erick
August 23rd, 2007, 06:26 PM
Zel, really, I love SG, the new events, tiles, your effort, all!!!!!

ALL!!

Really, congrats dude!

---------------------------------------

Zel, de verdad, amo SG, los nuevos eventos, las gráficas, tu esfuerzo.... todo!

TODO!!

De verdad, Felicidades amigo!

john55
August 23rd, 2007, 09:50 PM
Well hello again, I found an odditie that I believe you did not mention in the first post(I did check btw) Um I belive it was when you get the phone call from silver before entering goldenrod city, the lil event acts as if hes talking to you and you move out of the way for him even though hes not physically there. Just wondering if you'll ever do something about that, well ty for your time. :)

Shiun Enshidia
August 23rd, 2007, 11:00 PM
Wow The trick house! (This is real old now in SG terms)
Thats pretty neato. This hack never ceases to amaze me. Honestly, Nintendo, don't waste years making a remake, take this up and voila you have the remake so many people are dying for!

I don't suppose regular scripting can do any of these things?
.Unnon Pokedex
.Printing Options
.Decorating (if possible you could use a prize from the Trick house with this)
If those could be includued, They would be cool, I didn't include the opening and the sliding panels because I know those aren't possible (or very time consuming)
Sorry if this was mentioned on the first post, I didn't see it (at least I don't think I did)

flameboy8106
August 23rd, 2007, 11:33 PM
where do u get torchic :(

Corona
August 24th, 2007, 02:35 AM
where do u get torchic :(
You cant yet

As far as I know

pokeguy12
August 24th, 2007, 03:00 AM
btw i saw this weird blue block in the cherrygrove pc

Corona
August 24th, 2007, 06:01 AM
Thats there always. If you notice everytime you go from Cherrygrove to the route to the right youll see it

Scytheteen
August 24th, 2007, 07:49 AM
okay i was in olivine and the route right next to it (the one where you use surf to cianwood) and i was walking on the sand. i walked to the far edge and i found a little glitchy thing where there was a succled piece of water on the sand...

pokeguy12
August 24th, 2007, 07:51 AM
also how long does it take to for the ss aqua to stop? ive been waiting a long time and battled all trainers.....

Scytheteen
August 24th, 2007, 07:52 AM
(0_o) is this the second time ur on it? b/c u need to fall asleep i believe

Apple Inc.
August 24th, 2007, 07:56 AM
also how long does it take to for the ss aqua to stop? ive been waiting a long time and battled all trainers.....

You have to go to your cabin and heal your Pokemon by talking to your bed.
If it is the 1st time, you gotta find the sailor goofing off and find the missing girl. and then you go through more and eventually arrive in Vermilion. (I don't want to ruin any surprises

For Zel: Since I cant PM you i'm gonna have to post this: For the dissapearing Pokeball, you can pass it off as the Pokemon that was stolen by silver. Also, when do you reccommend me starting a thread for my hack. SHould I do it after I am able to put in 4 screenshots or should i wait till i get done a certain amount of maps. I am almost ready to have 4 screenshots. I already have 2 1/2 done. Twinleaf town, An event at the beginning, and half of Sandgem town.

pokeguy12
August 24th, 2007, 08:00 AM
fall asleep? ive fell asleep 20 times......

btw im talking about the second time on so no surprises to be ruined

Ho-oh arabia
August 24th, 2007, 08:28 AM
kay, the gltich i got in the previous beta 3 is gone.(the glitch with the legendaries in the Tin Tower for some reason)

JohnnyRoll
August 24th, 2007, 08:45 AM
Excelent job ! I love this hack

pokeguy12
August 24th, 2007, 08:58 AM
-,- im stuck inside this ship with no way of getting out

UnitRico
August 24th, 2007, 10:06 AM
-,- im stuck inside this ship with no way of getting out

Have you already got the key out of the captains desk?

~Cya, UnitRico

bendamasta
August 24th, 2007, 10:21 AM
I found a text message glitch, not that it matters im just bringing it up.. myabe its normal cause the guy said he drank his own Pokemon's HP UP :cross-eye

I'll post it when i can -.- need 12 more posts -.-

pokeguy12
August 24th, 2007, 10:40 AM
huh? which key , this is the second time im on this ship

duckdavis
August 24th, 2007, 12:01 PM
huh? which key , this is the second time im on this ship Go to sleep in your bed on the ship and you the pa will say that you have arrived.

Gold Version
August 24th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Holy **** this is the greatest Poke'mon Game ever created. I hope we get to see the end of this game soon.

Lady Berlitz
August 24th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Gold Version... duh! It is a known fact that Shiny Gold is the greatest Pokemon hack ever created. End of story. (it's a world record, but I'm still trying to beat it!)

trevor813
August 24th, 2007, 02:47 PM
hey zel i got a great idea whenever u near the end of ur hack after u done with mt silver and with red and all
if u have enough space in the hack for the player against u and to see who is the better trainer :P just a thought
the players pkmn party vs ur own particular pkmn party .now that would be a good match to me but meh I could be wrong...

mewthree02
August 24th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Im stuck in pryces gym.I cant find a way to get to him on the ice.

Ooka
August 24th, 2007, 04:34 PM
So zel, since Kike did some of your tiles, did he just do it because you and him are pals, or do you think he would do it for anyone?

Vincent11998
August 24th, 2007, 05:51 PM
great job man. you got your game on 4shared in Gameboy Advacne Roms

Ripper
August 24th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Hey Zel I have two small questions....
1) What mapping tool do you use? Advance or Elite? (I prefer Advance)
2) Why did you choose to remake Gold and not Silver/Crystal? (Gold's was the only 2nd Gen game I got, yet Crystal would seem more... appropriate? It is a stand alone game after all.)
Thanks Zel! Keep upthe great work!

yoshikiller995
August 24th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Im stuck in pryces gym.I cant find a way to get to him on the ice.

Just keep trying, it takes a few tries, but don't give up ;) theres a much harder puzzle comming up.

Team Rocket Boss Giovanni
August 24th, 2007, 09:24 PM
I had an idea for getting to other towns without flying. You could put a machine in every Pokemon Center that teleports you to another town's Pokemon Center that way you don't have to change the maps.

pokeguy12
August 25th, 2007, 01:49 AM
i'd like to report a glitch where i can't get off the ss aqua for the thrid time -.-, also i beg you to change the map so that we can see both kanto and hoenn in 1 map because i can't get off the ship , and for once i'd like to fly to cerulean:shocked:

.-'Infernal Hylian'-.
August 25th, 2007, 02:09 AM
Hey zel hope your hack is coming on nicely.. just about to search for a demo to have a quick go good luck with the rest of your fantastic project and keep hacking :)

zel 2.0
August 25th, 2007, 05:23 AM
Since I won't be online for most of the rest of this day, I just throw a small progress report (I'll answer whatever needs answering when I come back), I finished the detour to Diglett's Cave and an event on Route2. After that, I will start the mapping of the routes east of Fuchsia (13, 14 and 15), and the event with the legendary I mentioned before will be in one of those routes.

That's all. By the way, as you can notice I have disabled my PM-ing again, so I can be more concentrated on the game ('cause lately all I've been doing was replying tons of PMs, and I need to think more about my own business... :P)

Nicolas
August 25th, 2007, 05:33 AM
Zel I have a request......
please do not revampt the route 2 soundtrack......
besides its nice the way it is
and its one of my favorite soundtrack in Pokemon G/S/C

Mastermind_X
August 25th, 2007, 07:24 AM
Q: Will you change the Sevii World map for the Johto World map? (C) (Changed a bit the answer)
A: Not yet, it is not easy. Specially because I want to move the flying posts on that map and since that is not known, the map won't be changed till that becomes known.

Zel, since I'm not allowed to send you any further PMs (for some reason, dunno why XD) I have to say it here.

I finally found the worldmap stuff including sprites, tiles, tilebase and of course the route-data, the catching areas of pokemon and the most important: the flight points!

I'll post a tutorial how to change everything on my homepage after my 2 weeks vacation.

greetz
MX

Apple Inc.
August 25th, 2007, 08:10 AM
i'd like to report a glitch where i can't get off the ss aqua for the thrid time -.-, also i beg you to change the map so that we can see both kanto and hoenn in 1 map because i can't get off the ship , and for once i'd like to fly to cerulean:shocked:

I am sorry to say this but you may have to start over with a clean ROM. If you have AIM please IM me and i will help you

mcrc
August 25th, 2007, 08:56 AM
just finished playing the beta its really awesome keep it up zel!

Anthony_Cini
August 25th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Uhh 2 things I found a small glitch. When i was fighting the double battles in Azealea and only had croconaw and the egg 2 croconaws came out O_0.

And really good hack heading for the pokemon league.

And 1 question are all 386 pokemon catchable?

Midnight Beat
August 25th, 2007, 12:36 PM
And 1 question are all 386 pokemon catchable?

Not yet but they will be.

EDIT: Also the first post (http://pkmncommunity.com/showpost.php?p=2754392&postcount=1) answers this question, so check it before asking a question.

Scytheteen
August 25th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Not yet but they will be.

good, i've been wanting to get them all. wait legendaries to?

Katalyst
August 25th, 2007, 12:39 PM
That glitch has already been pointed and that question has already been answered.
Yes, all 386 Pokemon will be catchable.

Midnight Beat
August 25th, 2007, 12:42 PM
good, i've been wanting to get them all. wait legendaries to?

Yes, legendaries too. With Zel's scripting ability, it would be stupid for him not to make legendary events.

Scytheteen
August 25th, 2007, 12:46 PM
legendaries as in birds and kyogre rayquaza groudon and regis? those legendaries?

Ripper
August 25th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Uhh 2 things I found a small glitch. When i was fighting the double battles in Azealea and only had croconaw and the egg 2 croconaws came out O_0.

Read the first post -.- That has already been listed as a glitch.

And to Scythemaster, all legendaries meaning those listed will be obtainable.

Scytheteen
August 25th, 2007, 02:00 PM
MAJOR GLITCH FOUND! right when i got to the entrance to the victory road it said something like "preview ended" or something like that i went inside some lady told me to take me seat and then poof! game got turned off and all unsaved data was lost.

Midnight Beat
August 25th, 2007, 02:31 PM
MAJOR GLITCH FOUND! right when i got to the entrance to the victory road it said something like "preview ended" or something like that i went inside some lady told me to take me seat and then poof! game got turned off and all unsaved data was lost.

Well then you are playing the beta 4 preview not beta 4, and as for the other thing I have no idea.

Katalyst
August 25th, 2007, 02:32 PM

Curious, that didn't happen to me... 3 possibilities:

1 - You are playing the Preview
2 - You patched the BETA 4 over the BETA 4 Preview
3 - That is really a glitch (but it didn't happen to me)

XxOblivion77
August 25th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Thank you so much mastermind, no we'll finnaly get a proper map!

Scytheteen
August 25th, 2007, 03:21 PM
i don't know what you mean by "preview" all i know is my friend downloaded it onto his computer, put it on a disk, and transfered it onto my computer

Katalyst
August 25th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Before Zel launched the BETA 4, he launched a Preview so we can see some of the new things that would be on BETA 4. Maybe your friend gave you the Preview.

So, the solution to that problem is to download the BETA 4 from the first post. But you must patch it into a clean FR Rom, and you must restart your game from the beginning.

zel 2.0
August 25th, 2007, 07:01 PM
I belive it was when you get the phone call from silver before entering goldenrod city, the lil event acts as if hes talking to you and you move out of the way for him even though hes not physically there. Just wondering if you'll ever do something about that, well ty for your time. :)

Yes, in my "Bug Killing Madness" I finally got rid of that useless event, so now you enter Goldenrod and the rival won't call you, push you and that kind of stuff (That event didn't really made sense, after all)

.Unnon Pokedex
.Printing Options
If those could be includued, They would be cool, I didn't include the opening and the sliding panels because I know those aren't possible (or very time consuming)
Sorry if this was mentioned on the first post, I didn't see it (at least I don't think I did)

As you say, those things, if aren't on FR's features are practically impossible to do (besides, printing on GBA, is that possible at all? X_O)
I wouldn't discard the decorating thing that easily, you can always use some flags for sprites, but, you wouldn't really select where to put stuff. Not like it's impossible, it would just be different ;)

Another thing I have killed in my "Bug Killing Madness", no need to mention that thing anymore.

Well, most people were able to do the trip (it perhaps is something related to a weird thing hapenning to your current game's flag. Who knows? I never found this problem, and I have done all I could to fix it in the last bugfix. The only thing left is a change of flag, but then, if it didn't happen to me, and a lot of people as well, why should I change it?)

For the dissapearing Pokeball, you can pass it off as the Pokemon that was stolen by silver.

Oh, forget about the disappearing pokeball, another thing killed in my "BKM", yay! I was on a roll!

I found a text message glitch, not that it matters im just bringing it up.. myabe its normal cause the guy said he drank his own Pokemon's HP UP :cross-eye

I'll post it when i can -.- need 12 more posts -.-

It doesn't really matter if you can't post the screenshot, just tell me the location of the person with the message problem.

hey zel i got a great idea whenever u near the end of ur hack after u done with mt silver and with red and all
if u have enough space in the hack for the player against u and to see who is the better trainer :P just a thought
the players pkmn party vs ur own particular pkmn party .now that would be a good match to me but meh I could be wrong...

Well, Carlos (who in fact has my party... well, right now he's a bit outdated because I have assembled a better party to play SG, I think :D) will not give up after the events on the 2nd wave of the Pokemon League and Mt.Silver, so expect to find him during your travels to those extra locations. I cannot reveal too much, you know ;P

So zel, since Kike did some of your tiles, did he just do it because you and him are pals, or do you think he would do it for anyone?

Well, it's true that Kike and I are friends, but he still hasn't made any tiles for me (yet, and that's only because I'm taking advantange of the free time I'm having from my Uni's break, so I'm always scripting) But, I don't know, he's friendly, PM him ;)

Hey Zel I have two small questions....
1) What mapping tool do you use? Advance or Elite? (I prefer Advance)
2) Why did you choose to remake Gold and not Silver/Crystal? (Gold's was the only 2nd Gen game I got, yet Crystal would seem more... appropriate? It is a stand alone game after all.)
Thanks Zel! Keep upthe great work!

Yes, Advance Map is prefered too (because EMap seems to get a bit wacky when you repoint the maps too much, as I do)
And I choose Gold, because, I think most of us are more attached to Gold than Crystal (maybe because most have played Gold, and when Crystal came out, then it wasn't that original then, didn't offer that many new features unlike Emerald from RS) Obviously, that's only my opinion, and chaining to this opinion would be considered off-topic, I just answered your question :D

Zel I have a request......
please do not revampt the route 2 soundtrack......
besides its nice the way it is
and its one of my favorite soundtrack in Pokemon G/S/C

Hmmm...? *confused*
The idea is revamping all of Gold's soundtracks, and Route2's one of my favorites from Gold (and... in fact, is one of the tracks we already have :P)

I finally found the worldmap stuff including sprites, tiles, tilebase and of course the route-data, the catching areas of pokemon and the most important: the flight points!

I'll post a tutorial how to change everything on my homepage after my 2 weeks vacation.

I heard the news from Hackmew (sorry for not being online to receive PMs), but well, hope you have a nice rest so you can think everything carefully for the tutorial.
Man, all I can say to you is that... you are a real lifesaver! XD

That's all I found to reply to. I'll get my PM-ing ON again, but try to learn to do stuff yourselves, you cannot always depend on me to answer (because you know me, I'll answer, but then, that'll take my time from SG, the question is: "what would you prefer?")

OK, I just finished the mapping of the three routes, but now I have to put the events and script them. Piece of cake, except for the fact there are a lot of events ToT

Oh well, a rom hacker's life... See ya tomorrow!

Random
August 25th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Man zel, you go through A LOT with this hack. I expect to see really good things about this hack, plus im not really uptodate with everyone on the knowledge of your hack, lol xD

Ooka
August 25th, 2007, 07:34 PM
I have two questions, is the unknown dex gonna be in it(unlikely)
and is the unknown music gonna be in it(also unlikely)

If those have already been answered then sorry.

a2h
August 25th, 2007, 08:24 PM
I have two questions, is the unknown dex gonna be in it(unlikely)
and is the unknown music gonna be in it(also unlikely)

If those have already been answered then sorry.
.Unnon Pokedex
.Printing Options
As you say, those things, if aren't on FR's features are practically impossible to do (besides, printing on GBA, is that possible at all? X_O)
I wouldn't discard the decorating thing that easily, you can always use some flags for sprites, but, you wouldn't really select where to put stuff. Not like it's impossible, it would just be different
Judging on the quote earlier on the same page... it's a no...

Ooka
August 25th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Judging on the quote earlier on the same page... it's a no...

No need to be a jerk about it, I don't read other peoples posts unless they are answering mine due to all of the spam in this thread. Which is why I missed it.

a2h
August 25th, 2007, 09:04 PM
I often read zel's long posts because they answer many, many questions... and that quote was from zel's post.

Ripper
August 25th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Just a quick question... I know you (Zel) said you were going to keep it like the original as much as possible, but is there any way for you to change some of the Gym Leaders Pokemon? I remember being annoyed at how few Johto Pokemon were used. In the first 8 Johto Gyms only 5/6 Johto Pokemon were used. It wouldn't be hard to give Falkner a Hoothoot and a Natu or Bugsy a Spinarak, Ledyba and Yanma afterall. Thanks Zel!

Caina
August 25th, 2007, 11:06 PM
WOW!
I just played your hack and I love it!
Keep it up!
(I'm rooting for you baby!) according to mom
hehehe

Katalyst
August 26th, 2007, 02:50 AM
Hey Zel, will be there second time to beat the E4 like in FR? You know what is it, the E4's Pokemon and levels has changed after you give the two gems to a guy. Will that happen in SG too?

GalaxyTurboTwister
August 26th, 2007, 02:57 AM
Awesome Zel,if you keep this up the beta will be released in no time at all. O.O
Will the trick house and the phone booth be available in beta 5,or will they be in a later beta?

a2h
August 26th, 2007, 02:58 AM
Johto department store lift needs to have animation and shouldn't it have 1F-5F as default not the basement floors?

Oh and btw the music for Goldenrod I remember but where from... O____o R/S/E or FR/LG? Hrm...

bendamasta
August 26th, 2007, 03:16 AM
For the weird guy, Its "Hiker Michael" South of Blackthorn
I'll post screenie when i can

Kingdom Hearts Maniac
August 26th, 2007, 03:50 AM
Zel have you found out how to make the legendary dogs appear yet? If not I have a suggestion.

Apple Inc.
August 26th, 2007, 08:20 AM
Would it be possible to use the RSE Elite four music instead of the gym leader music for the champion. It is so much cooler. I can make a .wav with vba and convert it into a midi (once I can convert) If you know anybody who can please let me know. I will just record it for half an hour.

zel 2.0
August 26th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Just a quick question... I know you (Zel) said you were going to keep it like the original as much as possible, but is there any way for you to change some of the Gym Leaders Pokemon? I remember being annoyed at how few Johto Pokemon were used. In the first 8 Johto Gyms only 5/6 Johto Pokemon were used. It wouldn't be hard to give Falkner a Hoothoot and a Natu or Bugsy a Spinarak, Ledyba and Yanma afterall. Thanks Zel!

Well, the normal version sticks to the original, while the "X" version has many changes, not only using a few more Johto Pokemon, but also using a few Hoenn pokes as well.

Hey Zel, will be there second time to beat the E4 like in FR? You know what is it, the E4's Pokemon and levels has changed after you give the two gems to a guy. Will that happen in SG too?

Yes, there will be a 2nd wave, that's for sure.

Will the trick house and the phone booth be available in beta 5,or will they be in a later beta?

Yes, both features will be in B5.

Zel have you found out how to make the legendary dogs appear yet? If not I have a suggestion.

I have an idea already (not to make them run wild, but it's something... similar...)

Would it be possible to use the RSE Elite four music instead of the gym leader music for the champion. It is so much cooler. I can make a .wav with vba and convert it into a midi (once I can convert) If you know anybody who can please let me know. I will just record it for half an hour.

Well, we cannot change the BGM of the battles (it would change also the Gym battles BGM, not only the E4 battles), although you never know...

I'm done with the Routes, and I'm at Fuchsia. Once I'm done with that (and also finished the scripts of the Phone Booths), I'll start posting screenshots. As you can imagine this time the Beta will be shorter than before (to release it a bit earlier and to have less bugs)

Hmmm... That's all I had...

Kingdom Hearts Maniac
August 26th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Can you make it to where you can fly anywhere you want from one place instead of it being random?

Erick
August 26th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Hey Zel good work!

Are you gonna add Safari zone to Fuschia?

Midnight Beat
August 26th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Hey Zel good work!

Are you gonna add Safari zone to Fuschia?

Yeah he's gonna put it in there.

destinedjagold
August 26th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Zel isn't gonna give release dates because that will cause countdown posts and if it doesn't come out on the release date people start nagging

True... Great hacks should take their time so it'll be the greatest ever.

Giving a deadline may make the hacker do some errors in hacking.

Patience is a must here... Eheheh... At least that's what I think.

=)

Zel.., keep it up!

Belka_Boy
August 26th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Oh yeah! Shiny Gold is back. Oh and by the way Zel, great hack.

Kronos1000
August 27th, 2007, 07:40 AM
A suggestion if you want to add the Safari Zone you could base one of the Areas on the GSC Safari Zone (Wich didn't make it through the final cut), just to keep the GSC feel alive.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/5125/gscsafarizoneqz7.th.png (http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gscsafarizoneqz7.png)

UnitRico
August 27th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Oh yeah, isn't that the zone where you can't catch Poké's and where you only can get with hacking?

~Cya, UnitRico

Gerri Shin
August 27th, 2007, 11:34 AM
what are you on about unitrico

I think what Unitrico was on about was that in the original gold version you could only get to the 'safari zone' by using the walk through anything cheat. and even if you got through the walls to that area there were no pokemon to catch. (at least that what i got from it)

UnitRico
August 27th, 2007, 11:41 AM
I think what Unitrico was on about was that in the original gold version you could only get to the 'safari zone' by using the walk through anything cheat. and even if you got through the walls to that area there were no pokemon to catch. (at least that what i got from it)

Aha, so that is wat he meant...it is what I meant anyways, so thanks for clearing that up :)

~Cya, UnitRico

Vindog223
August 27th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Ive played your hack and its awsome!=)

LastHand
August 27th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Read the First Post!! Im sure you will get you answer from there.

BTW, Great Zel! I cant wait till beta 6 comes out!! Good Luck!

I cant wait till 5. It would be cool to skip from 4 to 6 though.....lol

shadoweevee
August 27th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Read the First Post!! Im sure you will get you answer from there.

BTW, Great Zel! I cant wait till beta 6 comes out!! Good Luck!

6? Don't you mean Five? We are still on beta four you know ;)

Edit: Beaten Again! just as I was typing it too! This what the SIXTH time?

SerenadeDS
August 27th, 2007, 09:35 PM
6? Don't you mean Five? We are still on beta four you know ;)

Edit: Beaten Again! just as I was typing it too! This what the SIXTH time?

Haha No, I mean Beta 6! I know Beta 5 will come next, but I cant wait until 6 comes out lolz! Once Zel completes this game, I will have only known of 2 Complete Pokemon Hacks. Pokemon Quartz & Pokemon ShinyGold! **Woot**

Ooka
August 27th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Hate to burst your bubble but emerald+ is another completed hack XD.

Also, what method do you use for making your tiles zel?

Corona
August 28th, 2007, 03:27 AM
Hate to burst your bubble but emerald+ is another completed hack XD.

Also, what method do you use for making your tiles zel?
I hate to burst yours but no its not XD

The only released version is a demo that you can go on past the edited part but it wasnt finished look for yourself XD

Ooka
August 28th, 2007, 06:30 AM
I hate to burst yours but no its not XD

The only released version is a demo that you can go on past the edited part but it wasnt finished look for yourself XD

Hate to burst your bubble too but it is completed. http://youtube.com/watch?v=WtgAqmN6k7I That is pokemon emerald+.

Dialga_753
August 28th, 2007, 07:08 AM
Finally, after 1 month of agonising pain, shiny gold is back!

zel 2.0
August 28th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Kronos1000: Hmmm... Yeah, why not? After all if it was supposed to be in the original, then I guess we could say "we're just finishing up Nintendo's work" XD

lasthand, shadoweevee and SerenadeDS: Don't forget guys Beta6 is not the last Beta. That only reaches up to Mt.Silver (you could say it's the closest to the original's end), but don't forget a Beta7 will include all the mid-game events related to legendaries, and also all the after-Mt.Silver events and locations. So, it's still some time till the game is completed (that's why I left the 2006-2008, if you have noticed :P)

JoyRide and Kazaam: Your little conversation about another hack doesn't have any purpose here. But, Kazaam, to make tiles, well, I rip them from other games, as you can see. Then, to insert them, I use the "Advance Map method" (Don Patch made a thread with the many methods for inserting tiles, read it and you'll know what I'm talking about)

Well, I'm still around... Uni doesn't want to start (because they are arguing about a wage increase, so we don't have classes yet till they reach an agreement... Life in the third world...), so, meanwhile I keep hacking. I'm gonna start with the Safari Zone today.

oli25
August 28th, 2007, 09:08 AM
Maybe you will show us some screens from Safari Zone when you will finish it ;) So will there be any events, Like in R/B/Y ? Or only catching rare pokemons ? And will there be Safari Balls, Throw and Bait command ?

Kronos1000
August 28th, 2007, 09:20 AM
For your second question: Of course, the commands were in FR so he can use it.

kiikasi
August 28th, 2007, 09:22 AM
(i know im new don't laugh :p) Whew! zel is back! Havent been on your thred for a while and though you just gave up! haha. Anyways. I found this helpful yet annoying glich that goes as follows: If you use a pokemon center in mahogany and teleport you'll warp to blackthorn and vise versa! XD. Another one is in the latest version (may just be me though) When i use the pokemon center on the road to union cave al the coulers go wankey and the word back appears in the corner and my psp gba emulator resets! Kinda strange huh.. One more thing (before i melt a hole in your brain from these statements) You know the old "bills secret garden" mith? You should put that in if you ever have a chance and make it available after you beat the elete four 20 times or something XD

Sorry its so long dude :) PS: I dont concider your hack a hack anymore, Its now a full MOD! lol.

Apple Inc.
August 28th, 2007, 11:16 AM
(i know im new don't laugh :p) Whew! zel is back! Havent been on your thred for a while and though you just gave up! haha. Anyways. I found this helpful yet annoying glich that goes as follows: If you use a pokemon center in mahogany and teleport you'll warp to blackthorn and vise versa! XD. Another one is in the latest version (may just be me though) When i use the pokemon center on the road to union cave al the coulers go wankey and the word back appears in the corner and my psp gba emulator resets! Kinda strange huh.. One more thing (before i melt a hole in your brain from these statements) You know the old "bills secret garden" mith? You should put that in if you ever have a chance and make it available after you beat the elete four 20 times or something XD

Sorry its so long dude :) PS: I dont concider your hack a hack anymore, Its now a full MOD! lol.

The Pokecenter and Teleport glitch is already known. I recommend you edit the post so the glitchs aren't listed and next time check the first post and I play it on NDS with my flashcart and when i expose the pokecenter glitch it doesn't reset and i can't reset with A B select and start

Pokechar2
August 28th, 2007, 12:17 PM
I've discovered the cause of the farfetch'd glitch in Ilex Forest. If you talk to the farfetch'd, save then reset and continue then talk to the farfetch'd it will go a different direction from the way it's supposed to.

Katalyst
August 28th, 2007, 12:58 PM
The Safari Zone will be in? Cool!

trevor813
August 28th, 2007, 03:57 PM
ah so ur at fuschia city now eh zel :P nice ^_^

marioguy
August 28th, 2007, 08:04 PM
I've been watching the progress of this game from the very beginning. I'm very impressed. Not many rom hacks are completed, but I'm certain that you'll make this into a great one.

ginpa
August 28th, 2007, 09:57 PM
i have seen alot of these g/s/c remakes around here... but THIS is definantly the best of them all!!! KEEP IT UP!!!

.Brendan
August 29th, 2007, 05:32 AM
This is the best hack i've ever played zel. You're my hero

Skywing
August 29th, 2007, 05:59 AM
this hack is rly amazing..i been playing it for a long time now

JohnBoy617
August 29th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Wow, it's been too long since I last came to this forum. The last time I was here was when zel just released Beta4.

So Zel, what have you've been up to lately?

Erick
August 29th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Hi Zel!

I wonder when you are gona post screenshots....

Ok Good luck! With the hack!

See you!

Midnight Beat
August 29th, 2007, 03:16 PM
So Zel, what have you've been up to lately?
You can check his status on the first post...

Once his reaches his first goal he's gonna start.:)

Zowayix
August 29th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Zel has reached his first goal, hasn't he?
Oh, and Manaphy Lv100, your luck wasn't that bad.
(View spoiler)
Zigzagoon has a 4% encounter rate on Route 29, which isn't THAT low. If your first pkmn was a Wurmple (1% rate) now THAT would be bad luck.

sgt_pepper
August 29th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Well, I don't know if this is the place, but I can't think fo anywhere else: How do I evolve Kadabra to Alakazam?

ptudia
August 29th, 2007, 04:48 PM
it has a set level evolution in shiny gold.

i dont know if it has one yet though.

Midnight Beat
August 29th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Zel has reached his first goal, hasn't he?

No he's just about done it looks like.

How this should be read: FINISHED WORKING NEXT

Celadon City
Route16
Route17 (Cycling Road)
Route18
Route12
Route11
Digglet's Cave
Route13
Route14
Route15
Fuchsia City (First Goal, screenshots season starts, Beta ends here)
Route2
Pewter City
Route3
Mt.Moon (Second Goal, post of Beta)

Sagiri
August 29th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Zel I have a question. Are you going to do anything with the Ruins of Alph? I mean the researchers, how they gave you the Unown Dex in Gold. You could make them give you Hidden Power TM or... whatever. Its your hack I guess.

Dragoon_Spear
August 29th, 2007, 05:21 PM
wow this game is pretty cool!

zel 2.0
August 29th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Maybe you will show us some screens from Safari Zone when you will finish it ;) So will there be any events, Like in R/B/Y ? Or only catching rare pokemons ? And will there be Safari Balls, Throw and Bait command ?

RBY had events at the S.Zone? (other than getting a few items there wasn't anything else there) Anyway, Ard will be taking part of the S.Zone, but there's no battle this time, he's busy looking for another Bug for his party.
Outside of the S.Zone, well, that's another story because... meh, not willing to spoil the whole event :P

Hi Zel!

Ok Good luck! With the hack!

See you!

I'm at my First Goal, yes, but I need to finish it, and believe it or not, I'm still stuck at Fuchsia (I'll mention a bit more about my status at the end of this post)

Zel I have a question. Are you going to do anything with the Ruins of Alph? I mean the researchers, how they gave you the Unown Dex in Gold. You could make them give you Hidden Power TM or... whatever. Its your hack I guess.

Nah... I'm still lazy to do something about the ruins (I also want to work a bit on the FR ruins so I use those maps so any kind of Unown can be found... Of course, no Unowndex, 'cause there isn't a feature like that on FR... Guess those researchers don't have too much importance on SG than in Gold, but, oh well, they'll be the way they are)

About releasing screenshots, I first want to at least, finish the mapping of the Safari Zone (I got carried away by the events at Fuchsia's Gym, and a little rematch with someone), so I didn't start the remapping there. Guess I'll finish it tomorrow. After finishing that (which finishes Fuchsia), I want to start the implementation of the Phone system, so I can then show you how it'll work. After that, I'll map the Trick House, and with all that I think I have enough to start showing screenshots.
That's how everything is planned. There's many stuff to take care of before starting the next phases, so it'll take some time.

Sagiri
August 29th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Nah... I'm still lazy to do something about the ruins (I also want to work a bit on the FR ruins so I use those maps so any kind of Unown can be found... Of course, no Unowndex, 'cause there isn't a feature like that on FR... Guess those researchers don't have too much importance on SG than in Gold, but, oh well, they'll be the way they are.
... I knew there wouldn't be an Unown dex. You could do something else... Or not.
You say your lazy, and yet you are making the best and most well known hack on the planet. Yes, thats very lazy XP

shadoweevee
August 29th, 2007, 07:59 PM
About releasing screenshots, I first want to at least, finish the mapping of the Safari Zone (I got carried away by the events at Fuchsia's Gym, and a little rematch with someone), so I didn't start the remapping there. Guess I'll finish it tomorrow. After finishing that (which finishes Fuchsia), I want to start the implementation of the Phone system, so I can then show you how it'll work. After that, I'll map the Trick House, and with all that I think I have enough to start showing screenshots.
That's how everything is planned. There's many stuff to take care of before starting the next phases, so it'll take some time.

Take all the time you need (just make sure you give us really good screenshots :D)

destinedjagold
August 29th, 2007, 09:58 PM
wishing for the best! I can't wait 'till it's done!

Katalyst
August 30th, 2007, 12:45 AM
Lazy, zel? When you're doing the best Hackrom in the world and putting so much effort you say you're lazy? :D... Zel, I don't see any laziness in the screens. What I see is much effort that turned the game from VERY GOOD into TRULY SPECTACULAR.

oli25
August 30th, 2007, 06:20 AM
RBY had events at the S.Zone? (other than getting a few items there wasn't anything else there)

Hmmm... if i remember corectly there were two easy "events": finding gold teeth (to get HM Strenght) and finding secret house (to get HM Surf)

Gerri Shin
August 30th, 2007, 06:30 AM
Hmmm... if i remember corectly there were two easy "events": finding gold teeth (to get HM Strenght) and finding secret house (to get HM Surf)

just going off of ht quote here, I don;t quite think he can include the surf or strength hms in an event, but he could stick in a way to get a free pokemon or rare item for the gold teeth since the script should still be in there.

kiikasi
August 30th, 2007, 06:48 AM
Im truly happy about SG! Before i found this I was praying to game freak to make a pokemon gold remake! :D And one question... What sort of pokemon will you find in the safari zone? Finding lots of hoenn pokemon would be cool ;) Thanks zel amazing hack :D

Apple Inc.
August 30th, 2007, 07:11 AM
Im truly happy about SG! Before i found this I was praying to game freak to make a pokemon gold remake! :D And one question... What sort of pokemon will you find in the safari zone? Finding lots of hoenn pokemon would be cool ;) Thanks zel amazing hack :D

It would be very cool if he could do some Editing and add in some D/P Pokemon but that is not very likely

Monkey In Rehab
August 30th, 2007, 07:17 AM
Ive seen lots of gold hacks before. But none as good as this. Well done!

lquidfire
August 30th, 2007, 07:32 AM
hey zel,ive been playing your game and its wick!but im stuck at the place where you find something in mistys gym and i cant use the walkthrough dirk sent you because i dont have microsoft word... :( can you help me please!!!

Went
August 30th, 2007, 08:16 AM
It would be very cool if he could do some Editing and add in some D/P Pokemon but that is not very likely

In fact is 0% likely, as he said hundreds of times.

hey zel,ive been playing your game and its wick!but im stuck at the place where you find something in mistys gym and i cant use the walkthrough dirk sent you because i dont have microsoft word... :( can you help me please!!!

Here you have the answer:
http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/3424/missingpartwu7.png

And about the hack: I have been wondering about how will we get the other two starters, since, as we will be able to get all the pokemon, there will be some way to get the two starters we didn't pick at the beginning... Have you already planned something?

marz
August 30th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Awesome zel, you're working on Fuchsia city. Just too bad Uni's started again. xD;

But a few questions on Fuchsia City...
Disregarding that Uni's started again, would Fuchsia City be taking more time then the average city to complete? I remember you telling me that the Safari Zone is going to be quite something, and with that having to be mapped, scripted and all those things you do, would you be taking out events in Fuchsia City like with rivals and such? I would imagine so.
Although, if you do decide to take events out of Fuchsia City, maybe you could put some on Route 14? (I know you've already finished Route 14, but you could always go back. xD)

Just a suggestion~ Keep at it, bud.

LastHand
August 30th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Awesome zel, you're working on Fuchsia city. Just too bad Uni's started again. xD;

Disregarding that Uni's started again, would Fuchsia City be taking more time then the average city to complete? I remember you telling me that the Safari Zone is going to be quite something, and with that having to be mapped, scripted and all those things you do, would you be taking out events in Fuchsia City like with rivals and such? I would imagine so.
Although, if you do decide to take events out of Fuchsia City, maybe you could put some on Route 14? (I know you've already finished Route 14, but you could always go back. xD)

wouldn't he just have to remap it a little bit? Fire red all ready has the safari zone in it. he just has to change it a little bit for the three years since B/R. i think?

BlazikenMaster2000
August 30th, 2007, 10:56 AM
zel, can you please show the tile that you have to step on to make the eighth gym leader to take the item, i really don't want to put in a gameshark code so that i can get past it, but if i do, then i will(plus if it is ok with you). Also, i really like the game so far.

SerenadeDS
August 30th, 2007, 10:56 AM
wouldn't he just have to remap it a little bit? Fire red all ready has the safari zone in it. he just has to change it a little bit for the three years since B/R. i think?

Maybe, but you never know. I imagin that he is going to change it quite a bit. Heh, its just cool that hes even adding the Safari Zone! Zel has outdone him-self agian!

~Dai-kun~
August 30th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Straight up Serenade. Zel is really good with this hack. Although I need to keep careful of if I accidently patch the samething twice. Besides that..It's awesome.

Went
August 30th, 2007, 12:27 PM
zel, can you please show the tile that you have to step on to make the eighth gym leader to take the item, i really don't want to put in a gameshark code so that i can get past it, but if i do, then i will(plus if it is ok with you). Also, i really like the game so far.

The tile to make the event work is the one in the entrance of the cave where the guy is standing if you didn't beat the leader. So you will have to beat her nevertheless.

BlazikenMaster2000
August 30th, 2007, 12:40 PM
can someone just show me a picture please, because i have stepped everywhere and nothing happened?

Exo-Page
August 30th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Hi, i'm new to this community, but I have played this AMAZING HACK, and I have read most of the things posted by you Zel( Well, not most of it, I scrimed through it all, I probably missed alot. ), I just wanted to say, that you have talent, and thanks for making such a great hack of Fire Red. In any case, I'm a little worried about the hack I downloaded, i'm not sure witch beta it is, because I only played the hack at my cousin's house, but I plan to play it at home to, can anyone tell me if the attachment to Zel's first post the latest beta, or the first one? And if it isn't the latest beta, can anyone direct me to it?

-Exo-Page

Zowayix
August 30th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Yes, the beta on zel's first post is the latest beta. Don't worry.

Katalyst
August 31st, 2007, 01:12 AM
It is always the latest beta. When zel releases a new beta, it is on the first post always.

PoisonMaster13
August 31st, 2007, 01:37 PM
uhhh hi zel my username is poison master and i just started this game and i love it and i was watching a video on you tube and one of the guy's said that this game was not completed and it never will be because you stopped making it because your cpu suffered a virus and all the data got deleted but I see that this thread is here and i was wondering was the thing that guy said was true? are you done with the game?

Midnight Beat
August 31st, 2007, 01:43 PM
uhhh hi zel my name is Aaron Shelton and i just started this game and i love it and i was watching a video on you tube and one of the guy's said that this game was not completed and it never will be because you stopped making it because your cpu suffered a virus and all the data got deleted but I see that this thread is here and i was wondering was the thing that guy said was true? are you done with the game?

Zel got a virus a while back but he has since recovered. If he was gonna quit he wouldn't of come this far already.

zel 2.0
August 31st, 2007, 07:57 PM
just going off of ht quote here, I don;t quite think he can include the surf or strength hms in an event, but he could stick in a way to get a free pokemon or rare item for the gold teeth since the script should still be in there.

It's rare that I mantain FR's original scripts, I do my own scripts since that's what gives me more fun. The rarest you'll find at the Safari (besides the Hoenn Pokes) are a few elemental stones, to keep working on the Dex.

What sort of pokemon will you find in the safari zone? Finding lots of hoenn pokemon would be cool ;) Thanks zel amazing hack :D

Well, not lots, but a few of the hard-to-find in other routes Hoenn pokes will be more available at the Safari (by the way, there are a few new Hoenn Pokes there, well, it all depends if you found their earlier stages somewhere else, but...)

And about the hack: I have been wondering about how will we get the other two starters, since, as we will be able to get all the pokemon, there will be some way to get the two starters we didn't pick at the beginning... Have you already planned something?

Yes, I have planned how to get one of the starters in an unexpected way (PM me if you want to know about it :P), and about the other starter, I'm thinking what can I do about it.

Well, the good thing is that Fuchsia is complete now. If I would be taking out events? (I guess you refer "for the next Beta") all the events planned for Fuchsia City are already implemented, all you wouldn't be able to do is go to Fuchsia's Beach (there will be an event with Dante & Rina there, but since that's another route, it won't be on B5)

Maybe, but you never know. I imagin that he is going to change it quite a bit. Heh, its just cool that hes even adding the Safari Zone! Zel has outdone him-self agian!

For what? For editing the existing Safari Zone by remapping it, and dealing with its items? Well, I don't see anything to be praised at, but, it was some work which was needed to be done... XD

You went just as off topic as that guy did by making this post.

Anyways, do the tiles you insert have to be the same color as the ones you replace.

Huh? As you know, if you have questions about "how to do hacking stuff", just PM them to me.

Sigh... I'm tired, now that Uni has officially started I'm having less time to work on the hack (and less energy since I need to get up early and come back pretty tired), but cheer up, I like all this hacking stuff so there's no way I'm quitting this. I'm hacking till I drop! :laugh:

This weekend the Phone Booths and rescripting the rematch trainers.

PS: By the way, if somebody with good knowledge in Gold wants to help me by making me a list with all the rematch trainers' parties, it'd be appreciated.

[EDIT]: If you want to help me with the trainers' parties, just PM me the info, there's no need to use the thread for that. Thanks ^^

XxOblivion77
August 31st, 2007, 10:23 PM
Uh Zel, I don't know if you know this, but they can change at any time.

The parties can start at 14-16 and end at about 48-50

It can all change, so you'd have to decide a set number (unless there's something else you can do)

I'm gonna PM you now >:O

aaronburnsyou
August 31st, 2007, 10:27 PM
Hey Zel, I just noticed something.

I'm pretty sure that setting higher levels for Shiny Gold X isn't really an important task on your list of priorities, but when the time comes, you need to raise the levels of the trainer in the Union Cave extension who has the 3 Eevee-lutions. They were all at Lv22, when everything else at that time is in its early/mid 30s.

Mothernot
September 1st, 2007, 03:23 AM
Some rematches:

Youngster on Route 30:
1st: Rattata Lv.5
2nd: Rattata Lv.15
3rd: Raticate Lv.21

Bug Catcher on Route 31:
1st: CaterpieX3 Lv.2 Weedle Lv.3
2nd: MetapodX3 Lv.9 Kakuna Lv.10
3rd: ButterfreeX3 Lv.14 Beedrill Lv.15

zel 2.0
September 1st, 2007, 06:32 AM
Thanks to Dialga_753 I have figured out what was the problem of getting stuck on the SS.Aqua's trips (probably you did the same as him, so pay attention)

Once you reach Kanto through the Sea Cavern, you are NOT supposed to go back to Johto using the Fly function (because as you know the Fly sucks right now), you MUST stay in Kanto, beating Surge and Sabrina, and then reaching Cerulean (entering through the openings in the city, don't use the walkthroughwalls for that), to receive Elm's call. If you get Elm's call, you'll be setting the flag needed to make the bed work properly, and the sailor will let you go through after resting in bed.

So, that was probably the problem of getting stuck on the trips. I'll add it to my Bugs List now.

Now the only thing that could be bugging me is the event with Clair. I think it works properly if you step on the tile right in front of the entrance (which is enabled to be stepped on after beating Clair), this one:
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/6762/tiletosetclairac7.png
But, if still stepping on that tile doesnt resolves the problem, then something more deep is the problem (as deep as the "getting stuck on the ship" problem)

Scytheteen
September 1st, 2007, 06:33 AM
Thanks to Dialga_753 I have figured out what was the problem of getting stuck on the SS.Aqua's trips (probably you did the same as him, so pay attention)

Once you reach Kanto through the Sea Cavern, you are NOT supposed to go back to Johto using the Fly function (because as you know the Fly sucks right now), you MUST stay in Kanto, beating Surge and Sabrina, and then reaching Cerulean (entering through the openings in the city, don't use the walkthroughwalls for that), to receive Elm's call. If you get Elm's call, you'll be setting the flag needed to make the bed work properly, and the sailor will let you go through after resting in bed.

So, that was probably the problem of getting stuck on the trips. I'll add it to my Bugs List now.

Now the only thing that could be bugging me is the event with Clair. I think it works properly if you step on the tile right in front of the entrance (which is enabled to be stepped on after beating Clair), this one:
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/6762/tiletosetclairac7.png
But, if still stepping on that tile doesnt resolves the problem, then something more deep is the problem (as deep as the "getting stuck on the ship" problem)

wait the tile with the blue arrow is bad? so what happens if i already stepped on it?

Midnight Beat
September 1st, 2007, 06:34 AM
Wow Zel, I really like that new sign tile. It almost looks 3d.

zel 2.0
September 1st, 2007, 06:51 AM
I don't know what you refer with a "blue arrow" (inside the cave, or what?), can you take a screenshot and show me?

Thanks, Zach... Guess where I took it from... (yeah, you guessed right :P)

[EDIT]: (Reply to next post): You must step on the tile I was on that screenshot. That sets the flag to make the Clair at the Den disappear. Once you take the Fang at the Den (doesn't matter from which direction, either left or down), your character moves and the flag is set off so Clair shows up again, and she keeps saying stuff till she gives you the badge.
If you don't enter the Den stepping on that tile, all you'd find is a scriptless Clair thant freezes the game once you talk to her (but the item thingy still works, or it should)

Scytheteen
September 1st, 2007, 07:01 AM
woops i thought the sign was an arrow. so whats the tile? the one he is stepping on? what happens if i stepped on it what happens then?

Mothernot
September 1st, 2007, 07:12 AM
That Sign's from D/P, isn't it?:P

Also, I think this hack might win Hack of the year...

Dr.Garchomp
September 1st, 2007, 07:20 AM
...Wow... your tiles have really come a long way. This looks WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than what I'm doing. Now I'm nearly dying for the beta5 to come out XD (ok, maybe not dying)

Lady Berlitz
September 1st, 2007, 09:40 AM
Just a question, but why aren't there any screenshots that show all of the changes? People talking about the new tiles, new signpost, etc. But I'd like to see them.

If you don't want us to see if we're not the Staff, that's fine, but we won't be as interested since everything is the same as before (besides the Main Thread).

And I'm not sure if you really need screenshots, but I was wondering that, since that's what the rules are. But I would think that you don't need them that badly since you have already have 4 betas.

Anyways, I'd really like to see the new tiles, etc. Once the hack is finished.

~Over and out (sorry for all the bolded words, haha).~

Lady Berlitz
September 1st, 2007, 10:02 AM
I don't exactly know what you're talking about, PokeFanatic.

All I know is that he's going to finish the game, haha.

I think you should ask Zel on that one.

PokeFanatic12698
September 1st, 2007, 10:08 AM
Lol. You know all of those event pokemon in RSE? It be cool if he'd release some event pokemon of his own. But i'll ask him once his online. I just cant wait to play the 5th Beta.

Lady Berlitz
September 1st, 2007, 10:16 AM
Oh, event Pokemon. I'm 80% sure that releasing event Pokemon is impossible. If it IS possible, I think it would be illegal, haha.

Corona
September 1st, 2007, 10:19 AM
You do know that all pokemon will be obtained in the game? Including event legends like Jirachi,Mew and Celebi

Mew of Friendship
September 1st, 2007, 11:00 AM
Zel I LOVE this hack so much... do me a favor... never give up... I can't live wirthout this hack D8

dirk123
September 1st, 2007, 11:08 AM
All pokemon will be in.
I wonder how he will deal with the *not obeying* Mew and Deoxys...
Well, they don't obbey when you cheat... Not sure if it also counts if you make your own hack....

Zowayix
September 1st, 2007, 11:11 AM
i'm not sure if i'm allowed to talk about this or not, but:
If you use the gameshark/actionreplay code for catching a wild mew/deoxys, they won't obey. If you use the code for making them appear in your PC, they WILL obey. I'm not sure on this next sentence, but I also think that if you warp code to birth island in FR/LG/E and catch the deoxys there, it will also obey.

UnitRico
September 1st, 2007, 11:50 AM
All pokemon will be in.
Well, they don't obbey when you cheat... Not sure if it also counts if you make your own hack....

Maybe a "legal" way (in a hack, yeah right) that you can get the tickets?

~Cya, UnitRico

Corona
September 1st, 2007, 11:51 AM
All pokemon will be in.
Um they only dont obey when you use a AR to get them

Last time I checked you dont use an AR to make a game on the computer >_>

D-Trogh
September 1st, 2007, 12:59 PM
zel, this is still one of the best hacks @ PC.
But, be aware, as a competitor-hack will come soon! ;)

// This post is probably full of gramMatical errors

pokeguy12
September 1st, 2007, 01:07 PM
you know if you use the space bar to speed stuff up? well does is it the reason i can't get off the ss aqua?

aaronburnsyou
September 1st, 2007, 01:33 PM
you know if you use the space bar to speed stuff up? well does is it the reason i can't get off the ss aqua?

-_- Zel just recently explained why you can't get off.

Apple Inc.
September 1st, 2007, 01:52 PM
if you key Shiny gold into youtube youll see a video with Deoxys. Is that real or bogus.

SerenadeDS
September 1st, 2007, 01:57 PM
if you key Shiny gold into youtube youll see a video with Deoxys. Is that real or bogus.

What do you think? Yes, it is Bogus. Zel will probley add a Dexoys Event, but there is no such thing right now. He probley used a cheat code to get the ticket or something, since this IS FireRed.

Apple Inc.
September 1st, 2007, 02:23 PM
What do you think? Yes, it is Bogus. Zel will probley add a Dexoys Event, but there is no such thing right now. He probley used a cheat code to get the ticket or something, since this IS FireRed.

The person who made it said it appeared after getting 30 hoenn Pokemon but it is fake

SerenadeDS
September 1st, 2007, 02:38 PM
The person who made it said it appeared after getting 30 hoenn Pokemon but it is fake

Shiny Gold Dexoys? (http://youtube.com/watch?v=VYiC1doJSSk)

Hm.. I think it was because of Zel's hacking. I wonder... I wonder if Zel has seen this.

Corona
September 1st, 2007, 03:08 PM
Shiny Gold Dexoys? (http://youtube.com/watch?v=VYiC1doJSSk)

Hm.. I think it was because of Zel's hacking. I wonder... I wonder if Zel has seen this.
that is obviously not Zels work, horrible mapping and not the correct tiles

SerenadeDS
September 1st, 2007, 03:17 PM
that is obviously not Zels work, horrible mapping and not the correct tiles

Yes, I think so too. I think he hacked into ShinyGold and made all of that. Added warps, etc. If you check out his Youtube profile, he used to hack pokemon. And he has some other videos were he has hacked SG.

Corona
September 1st, 2007, 03:24 PM
Yes, I think so too. I think he hacked into ShinyGold and made all of that. Added warps, etc. If you check out his Youtube profile, he used to hack pokemon. And he has some other videos were he has hacked SG.
Yes and its obviously not a newer version too XD

Gerri Shin
September 1st, 2007, 04:13 PM
I know Zel already comented on this, but if he did leave the safari wardens gold teeth event in there he could lways use that to give the player an in-game 'nintendo event' ticket or something. of course he could always hide the teeth anywhere and make them invisible to make it harder to get, but its just an idea.

kiikasi
September 1st, 2007, 05:15 PM
This is so awsome! Keep working hard zel your amazing!!! I'll make sure you win hack of the year! I'll recomend you to co-work with nintendo on an official pokemon shiny gold! (Ok i dont think thats possable but i got a little carryed away lol :D)

Whew....Deep breaths kiikasi...ok im good now :D

This is by far the best pokemon game ever made! It has everything the other pokemon games (yes even the original gold :p)dont have!
Now for some sudjestions.. When dealing with sprites use an editer and make small details at max zoom, it adds a personal touch to your creations and makes them look cooler! number 2, What do you mean by scripting? Makeing the story or coding? Both? and number 3, That part in the dragons den.. the other cave thing.. Was i saposed to be alowed in after i beat lance or later? Sorry for the LONG post but im just bursting with kiikasiness! :p Thanks zel or anyone that can handle reading this you helped alot!

Ooka
September 1st, 2007, 05:41 PM
This hack is already smashing the other hacks in the ground for hack of the year. I am pretty sure it will win.

Leon Silver
September 1st, 2007, 06:08 PM
well Zel you do your work well

no1 else is finishing their hacks as promised

but you do

and your hack is gr8

ive beaten the pkm league

and hope that the next beta comes out

zel 2.0
September 1st, 2007, 07:34 PM
Just a question, but why aren't there any screenshots that show all of the changes? People talking about the new tiles, new signpost, etc. But I'd like to see them.

If you don't want us to see if we're not the Staff, that's fine, but we won't be as interested since everything is the same as before (besides the Main Thread).

And I'm not sure if you really need screenshots, but I was wondering that, since that's what the rules are. But I would think that you don't need them that badly since you have already have 4 betas.

Anyways, I'd really like to see the new tiles, etc. Once the hack is finished.

~Over and out (sorry for all the bolded words, haha).~

Well, I think there have been a few screenshots with some tiles changes (probably there were a few more at the old thread)

But as you know (if not, I'll remind it to everyone), the hack goes in a series of phases, usually there's a phase of pure development, where I usually get questions and some offtopicness, usually that phase doesn't have any screenshot post (though I may post something if I really want to show something). Then, when I reach my First Goal, I start posting screenshots in almost all my posts (though I doubt this time I'll have that many screenies), just to prepare everything for the release, usually in that phase I get obviously questions about the screenshots I post, meanwhile I keep working to reach my next goal. The next phase is the release of the Beta, during that phase I get lots of posts with glitches and opinions, so during that phase I start to fix almost everything you tell me. And once that phase is done I go back to the first phase, so the next series of screenshots will take a while.

That's how I have decided to do this. It has always been that way since the hack started on last year, and I don't intend to change the way I do it. Only during the screenshots release phase I post lots of screenies, in all the other phases it's rare to see them.

We are in the first phase, and that's why you wont find many screenshots up to now (and I want to make the phone system work, cause that's the first thing I want to show)

I've got a question that has been buggin' me for quite a while. Do you think that once Zel has finished the game, that he will release some events for it? Like Nintendo does?

"Like Nintendo does"... Argh... What a horrible phrase.

Besides doing the splitting of a single game into two games, I also don't like the thing of the events. It always makes me think that I bought an incomplete game (if you don't live close to the places where the events are held, like my case, you are in troubles if you want a complete Pokedex), so, as it was said in one of other peoples' replies, you'll be able to catch all of them through events in the normal play of the game.

We'll see what happens when I script their events. I don't know what will happen either.

zel, this is still one of the best hacks @ PC.
But, be aware, as a competitor-hack will come soon! ;)

Alright! Keep 'em coming!

No, seriously, I don't know what's been going on lately, but I think there's been some tension around these days. If you ask for my opinion, if you win the HotY then cool, if not, meh... To me, it won't change my life a bit if I were to lose it, 'cause all I really want is to finish this project (to add another hack to the scarce list of finished Pokemon hacks), probe myself that I could do it, make many friends, and know that people liked my work (more or less than other hacks, doesn't matter)

Don't forget, this is the first time I ever show something I did myself. So, I'm pretty shy (though I've gained confidence during this year of working on the hack)

I've seen that video, and like everyone else noticed, that was a modification to Shiny Gold, whatever...
...Just know that it's not possible to get Deoxys yet in the original version.

Now for some sudjestions.. When dealing with sprites use an editer and make small details at max zoom, it adds a personal touch to your creations and makes them look cooler! number 2, What do you mean by scripting? Makeing the story or coding? Both? and number 3, That part in the dragons den.. the other cave thing.. Was i saposed to be alowed in after i beat lance or later? Sorry for the LONG post but im just bursting with kiikasiness! :p Thanks zel or anyone that can handle reading this you helped alot!

Well, Marnic is a cool spriter with great skills so it'll all depend on him on the spriting department.
Scripting is a whole concept: planning how the event will go, coding it, fixing it (and-refixing-it-after-you-release-a-Beta-and-people-find-stuff-you never-found...)
About the Den's blocked entrance, I cannot really say too much, but considering the requirments, you'll be able to go into that entrance after defeating Lance and reaching Kanto

This hack is already smashing the other hacks in the ground for hack of the year. I am pretty sure it will win.

No, please, give some respect to the other hackers' work. Fine that you like what I do, but I think that kind of sentences makes them really start to get angry at me or my work. Let's just wait to see what the future has for us. As I said before: if the hack wins, cool, if not, meh...

Seems like I had some energy to be writing, huh? :D
Well, I'm in the middle of the work of the phone system, it's pretty ugly having to repeat the same code over and over, but there's no other way (and I planned everything to write less lines, but still...)
I even have to search that random stuff the trainers say on the phone: "My <insert poke here> is cool. But I missed a <insert poke here>. Crap!"

Oh well, guess I won't be finishing this tomorrow either. At least I know it will be work the way I want it :)

That's all I'm doing. Don't forget: As soon as I finish the Phone thingy I'll post its screenshots and I'll prepare the set of next screenshots.

Ooka
September 1st, 2007, 07:53 PM
I think we had a little missunderstanding Zel, I was going based on the numbers you had compared to the other hacks. I wasn't giving my opinion, to be honest if I had to vote(which I am not)I would vote for Rocket's Revenge. I have respect for your hack but I don't particularly drool over remakes. Well, like I said I have respect so keep doin what you're doin as good as you do it.:D

flameboy8106
September 1st, 2007, 07:55 PM
this hack is so cool i love it but one question y does my character have that glitchy thing over its head.:\

Apple Inc.
September 1st, 2007, 08:09 PM
this hack is so cool i love it but one question y does my character have that glitchy thing over its head.:\

You may be playing an older beta or you may have a bad rom

pokeguy12
September 2nd, 2007, 04:43 AM
hey i found a weird glitch where you can get a badge and get a new starter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnsUJym7PCo&mode=related&search= (HERE)

Went
September 2nd, 2007, 04:49 AM
hey i found a weird glitch where you can get a badge and get a new starter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnsUJym7PCo&mode=related&search= (HERE)

>> That's the old Kanto Glitch you could perform in B3 due to the weird work of teleport.

pokeguy12
September 2nd, 2007, 05:10 AM
oh ok cool , sorry didn't know it was b3

pizzakoe
September 2nd, 2007, 05:15 AM
Hey Zel! Do you think you can re-script the Pokédex to the original Gold dex? (You know: 001 Cikorita Instead of Bulbasaur, 002 Bayleef instead of ivysaur etc.) And Also a script in the PKdex that will let you change on wich mode you're watching? (Johto order/Numercial order)
It would be really cool!

Dr.Garchomp
September 2nd, 2007, 01:30 PM
Quoted by zel:"No, please, give some respect to the other hackers' work. Fine that you like what I do, but I think that kind of sentences makes them really start to get angry at me or my work. Let's just wait to see what the future has for us. As I said before: if the hack wins, cool, if not, meh..."(lol, I put it in wrong^^; )

You really should give yourself credit zel, this hack is probably the best on all of pokecommunity.(no offense to other rom hackers, including myself) You've done a really great job.
You should be proud of it :)

Midnight Beat
September 2nd, 2007, 03:06 PM
Hey Zel! Do you think you can re-script the Pokédex to the original Gold dex? (You know: 001 Cikorita Instead of Bulbasaur, 002 Bayleef instead of ivysaur etc.) And Also a script in the PKdex that will let you change on wich mode you're watching? (Johto order/Numercial order)
It would be really cool!

It would be cool, but I seem to remeber Zel, or one of the other hackers, saying that it would be insanly difficult.

FEG
September 2nd, 2007, 04:09 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but to redo the Pokedex like that would involve repointing all the name and/or Pokedex pointers, wouldn't it?

Gerri Shin
September 2nd, 2007, 07:20 PM
It would be cool, but I seem to remeber Zel, or one of the other hackers, saying that it would be insanly difficult.

I think I remember Kike Scott saying that it would be extremely difficult and would take wayy too much time to do for it to be truly practical.

zel 2.0
September 2nd, 2007, 08:03 PM
Yeah, and since the Johto Pokemon would still need the National Dex in order to work their evolutions, and the National Dex has all of the pokes listed, then it would be pretty pointless to be changing stuff. Too much work for little results is not a fair trade in my opinion.

Man, this Phone thing is really long *blames Nintendo for putting so many rematch trainers that talk about so many Pokémon*, if you know a bit of scripting, just imagine I started the whole script at 880D40 and I'm currently at 883120... Even though I'm trying to write as less as I can... Grrr...

Well, as you can see I'm kinda busy with that, so that's all I'll be saying probably this whole week ToT

shadoweevee
September 2nd, 2007, 08:14 PM
Yeah, and since the Johto Pokemon would still need the National Dex in order to work their evolutions, and the National Dex has all of the pokes listed, then it would be pretty pointless to be changing stuff. Too much work for little results is not a fair trade in my opinion.

Man, this Phone thing is really long *blames Nintendo for putting so many rematch trainers that talk about so many Pokémon*, if you know a bit of scripting, just imagine I started the whole script at 880D40 and I'm currently at 883120... Even though I'm trying to write as less as I can... Grrr...

Well, as you can see I'm kinda busy with that, so that's all I'll be saying probably this whole week ToT

Well at least you know how to do it, everybody else doesn't have a clue on most of the stuff you do.

Blitzballer
September 2nd, 2007, 08:21 PM

I agree completely, and if you [Zel] really wanted to justify it, since Oak gives you the pokedex you could have him say "Oh, sorry the Kanto-dex is all I have"

loganmaster123
September 2nd, 2007, 08:45 PM
Woot Woot my first post!!! 12:42 on my journey to look at every hack... Anyway this hack truly is the best hack ever(besides mine of course O.o). Its the first one I had ever seen. It was on ebay :/ .
I bought it of course... Beta 2. It was still cool but not the same D: .

Midnight Beat
September 2nd, 2007, 08:50 PM

Bu bu bu but....no.:'( Shiny Gold is my life.

XD but not really.0_0
Anyway, good luck with the whole scripting the phone booth, I know with the time you're putting into this it really is going to be a great feature.

destinedjagold
September 2nd, 2007, 09:03 PM
Bu bu bu but....no.:'( Shiny Gold is my life.

XD but not really.0_0
Anyway, good luck with the whole scripting the phone booth, I know with the time you're putting into this it really is going to be a great feature.

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa154/destinedjagold/Smile.jpg YUP! If zel can pull the phone booth through, then this would be the greatest hack ever made in history!

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa154/destinedjagold/Happy.jpg Good luck, zel! And happy hacking to all hackers!

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa154/destinedjagold/Surprised3.jpg I can't wait for this hack to be finished! But take your time!!! Good luck again! http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa154/destinedjagold/Smile.jpg

pokemon1412
September 3rd, 2007, 12:00 AM
phone booth will be good idea...

geez...

good luck Zel, I will be waiting for this...

Gerri Shin
September 3rd, 2007, 03:37 AM
concerning the phone booths does that mean you will/are/have already rescripted the mr. pokemon thing will he have a phone both outside his house or will there be a call to mr. pokemon for the player whilst still in the house?

Went
September 3rd, 2007, 04:05 AM
concerning the phone booths does that mean you will/are/have already rescripted the mr. pokemon thing will he have a phone both outside his house or will there be a call to mr. pokemon for the player whilst still in the house?

Oh, well, I think he said that your mother, instead of the VS seeker, would give you a beeper (or pager, or whatever is called), so you can receive calls.

Zowayix
September 3rd, 2007, 04:27 AM
...then where would you get the vs seeker?

(random idea: make one of the phone booths out of order or something so you wont have to do as many scripts?)
Never mind that, bad idea.

Went
September 3rd, 2007, 04:33 AM

Umm... Nowhere?
There are some problems with some people's sprites when using the VS-Seeker, pay no attention to VS-Seeker problems, this item will no longer exist in the next releases

In fact, the only purpose of adding the VS seeker was replacing the telephone (you could only battle with the same trainers than in Gold), and, since he is going to add it in the next beta... what would be its purpose now?

pizzakoe
September 3rd, 2007, 04:44 AM

(random idea: make one of the phone booths out of order or something so you wont have to do as many scripts?)

You know, it kinda SUCKS if you want to have an error in the phonebooth, Zel is a really great hacker and I know He wont do that. Only bad hackers leave things away!

zel 2.0
September 3rd, 2007, 08:52 AM
Basically, it's not like I have to make a script for every single Phone Booth, because all of them share how they work (there's an exception on the script in the part of Mom, because she needs to know where you are calling her from, so that little part makes me need a bit of different scripts for her, but besides that, the rest is a single and giant script that works for any phone booth)
Don't worry, all of the phone boothes will be working then.

And as it was said, you receive a beeper (called "PokéBeeper", too creative, huh?), to make up for the lack of an excuse for receiving calls. So now, instead of calls, you'll receive text messages :D

By the way, the VS.Seeker will not show up starting from the next Beta. With all the new remakes appearing, and using the VS.Seeker as way to substitute the Pokegear, I think I needed something to be different now.

Zowayix
September 3rd, 2007, 09:48 AM
oh, I get it. I didn't see the part on the 1st post about the vs. seeker not being the next betas.

Um...does this mean that you won't be able to continue from your beta4 save, because you would still have the vs. seeker and that would cause problems?

Midnight Beat
September 3rd, 2007, 10:25 AM
Um...does this mean that you won't be able to continue from your beta4 save, because you would still have the vs. seeker and that would cause problems?

Most likely, but using older saves would cause problems anyway.

Lady Berlitz
September 3rd, 2007, 10:58 AM
That's why I usually wait until the end of a hack until I play it.
Unless, I just want to feel the maps and tiles.

Corona
September 3rd, 2007, 11:40 AM
Well if the save file wont work (most likely they will just cause MAJOR problems) I will have to download VBA link again so I can keep my Shiny Tododile and shiny Tentacool XD

Midnight Beat
September 3rd, 2007, 11:42 AM
Well if the save file wont work (most likely they will just cause MAJOR problems)

Exactly, and Zel said w/each beta he changes some offsets, so that would really mess you up.

flameboy8106
September 3rd, 2007, 02:29 PM
This hack is awesome i cant wait for the whole game to come out anyways good luck.

Ooka
September 3rd, 2007, 02:55 PM
Well, I haven't played it recently since I am waiting for the eintire game to be complete to play but have a feeling it will look good.

brotlov
September 3rd, 2007, 03:10 PM
Wow, i fianlly played this hack(i had it on my desktop for 1 month)and this is just like G/S, the maps, Scripts(although, some need some work)and the new features, this is one great hack, keep it up Zel

koji_234
September 4th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Wow, You are amazing Zel, this is my fist ever hack I played and it's left quite an impression on me, I can't wait till it's finished!

TheKingofKings
September 4th, 2007, 10:54 PM
Hey, how do you get passed the Goldenrod City Rocket Underground switches?

Kronos1000
September 5th, 2007, 06:07 AM
Zel has made a new order:

2 - 1 - 3

Midnight Beat
September 5th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Hey, how do you get passed the Goldenrod City Rocket Underground switches?

Please check the walkthrough before posting those kind of questions.

Apple Inc.
September 5th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Zel's Current Status is: "Uni started again. But I think this first or two weeks I'll still be able to do things at a good rythm"

2 things:

rythym is mispelled

and Zel hasnt been on in a while. Is there maybe a paper or big project?

shadoweevee
September 5th, 2007, 05:10 PM
2 things:

rythym is mispelled

and Zel hasnt been on in a while. Is there maybe a paper or big project?

A simple PM would do just tell him he misspelled rhythm. You don't need to go offtopic just to ask him what he's doing in real life. I'm not flaming I just don't want to go offtopic

Ooka
September 5th, 2007, 05:12 PM
A simple PM would do just tell him he misspelled rhythm. You don't need to go offtopic just to ask him what he's doing in real life. I'm not flaming I just don't want to go offtopic

I think he was actually trying to say that Zel hasn't showed up in a while and he's wondering why.

john55
September 5th, 2007, 05:14 PM
By any chance will there be a return of the S.S. Anne possibly in vermillion or olivine?

Metakazam
September 5th, 2007, 05:26 PM
I have a question is it just as rare to find a shiny in Shiny Gold as it is in Fire or Red Leaf Green because I caught a shiny hoppip after only 2 hours of gameplay is that just luck or or is there a higher chance of finding one?

shadoweevee
September 5th, 2007, 05:45 PM
I think he was actually trying to say that Zel hasn't showed up in a while and he's wondering why.

I know, I just don't want (another) huge discussion of what zel has been doing lately

I have a question is it just as rare to find a shiny in Shiny Gold as it is in Fire or Red Leaf Green because I caught a shiny hoppip after only 2 hours of gameplay is that just luck or or is there a higher chance of finding one?

Zel say's it's the same, but a lot of people have had more luck finding shinys in this game than any other (without cheating). It may be due to the fact a lot of people are playing it and more people mean more chances. But that's just my guess.

PoisonMaster13
September 5th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Uhh hi i heard by looking at past forums that you can get every pokemon in this game, if so dose anyone know how to get bulbsuar see it's my favprote pokemon(next to crobat) and i would really like to get one so if anyone knows how that would be great....

Midnight Beat
September 5th, 2007, 07:01 PM

If anybody took the time to read, Zel said that he wouldn't be updating until he finished the scripting of the phone booth.

By any chance will there be a return of the S.S. Anne possibly in vermillion or olivine?

Not the S.S. Anne but the S.S. Aqua is there to take you back and forth to Jhoto.

Uhh hi i heard by looking at past forums that you can get every pokemon in this game, if so dose anyone know how to get bulbsuar see it's my favprote pokemon(next to crobat) and i would really like to get one so if anyone knows how that would be great....

At this point Bulbasaur isn't in the game yet, but he will eventually be obtianable.

porkplan
September 5th, 2007, 07:42 PM
HI, about the shiny pokemon glitch,
After I caught the Red Gyarados (female gender) , every Pokemon becomes shiny including trainer's pokemon, wild pokemon becomes shiny and female.. i hate this glitch so is there a way to remove it? i tried to load my previous game and catch it again but still pokemon became shiny... i tried to release it but it didnt change.. pls help me i hate everything shiny... btw i caught gyarados i didnt lose...

SerenadeDS
September 5th, 2007, 07:55 PM
After I caught the Red Gyarados (female gender) , every Pokemon becomes shiny including trainer's pokemon, wild pokemon becomes shiny and female.. i hate this glitch so is there a way to remove it? i tried to load my previous game and catch it again but still pokemon became shiny... i tried to release it but it didnt change.. pls help me i hate everything shiny... btw i caught gyarados i didnt lose...

0_0 Ive never heard about that before. Thank god someone played that far as a Girl lolz. Hm.. I have no clue what could be causeing that. Better take that up with Zel.

shadoweevee
September 5th, 2007, 08:15 PM
0_0 Ive never heard about that before. Thank god someone played that far as a Girl lolz. Hm.. I have no clue what could be causeing that. Better take that up with Zel.

I think he means he caught a female Gyarados, not his trainer was a female.

SerenadeDS
September 5th, 2007, 08:19 PM
I think he means he caught a female Gyarados, not his trainer was a female.

Oh yea! ^^ Sorry about that.. Nevertheless.. I haven't heard of that glitch/bug before, so I dont know what to tell you... Im not a Big fan of shinys, But that would be intersting though.. Playing though with only Shinys! ^^

porkplan
September 5th, 2007, 09:28 PM

Oh yea! ^^ Sorry about that.. Nevertheless.. I haven't heard of that glitch/bug before, so I dont know what to tell you... Im not a Big fan of shinys, But that would be intersting though.. Playing though with only Shinys! ^^

im not a big fan of shinys either that's why i wanna get rid of that bug... so it didnt happen to you guys??? why is it only me..

also when I found a wild shiny scizor (again female)! is it a glitch or zel really made some wild scizors??? what's going on on my shiny gold!!!! pls help

UnitRico
September 5th, 2007, 09:55 PM
im not a big fan of shinys either that's why i wanna get rid of that bug... so it didnt happen to you guys??? why is it only me..

also when I found a wild shiny scizor (again female)! is it a glitch or zel really made some wild scizors??? what's going on on my shiny gold!!!! pls help

You are able to catch wild Scizors. I caught one too. It's normal ;)

~Cya, UnitRico

porkplan
September 5th, 2007, 09:58 PM

I finaly figured out how to trigger the glitch! I loaded my previous file and tried to catch Gyarados again 1 more time (after a lot of repeating), this time I caught him with Great Ball, the glitch didn't happen anymore, no more all female, all shiny wild (trainer's have some male) pokemons... The glitch occurs when you use the 1st Net Ball that was given to you to capture Red Gyarados, so do that when you want shiny Pokemon's, im not sure if all will be female, maybe it depends on the gender of the Gyarados that you caught, mine was female that's why ... I think that's the reason for the bug... Although im not so sure..
You are able to catch wild Scizors. I caught one too. It's normal ;)

~Cya, UnitRico

Where do I find the wild scizor again? I forgot pls tell me.. thnx

Went
September 6th, 2007, 12:32 AM
The script causes the Gyarados to be red and female always. I'm going to check it. A Net ball?
Ah, Scizor appears in the route between Mahogany and the Lake.

porkplan
September 6th, 2007, 12:42 AM
The script causes the Gyarados to be red and female always. I'm going to check it. A Net ball?
Ah, Scizor appears in the route between Mahogany and the Lake.

yeah i know it's always red but i didnt know it is female always.. I thought I saw a video in youtube with a male red gyarados that is in shiny gold..

Went
September 6th, 2007, 12:50 AM
Ok, I caugth it with the net ball Kurt gave me and... nothing. Everything's normal. WTF? Can someone else try, please?

EDIT: I tried it with a Great ball and an Ultra ball too, and... nothing.

EDIT 2: No, the Gyarados isn't female always... I have female ones in the games where I play with the boy and male ones when I play with the girl O.o