PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Zowayix
September 6th, 2007, 02:26 AM
ACtually, I think the glitch is triggered by losing to the red gyarados.

tImE
September 6th, 2007, 06:29 AM
...and then catching it/or defeating it right?

Teh Baro
September 6th, 2007, 07:34 AM
I have a question is it just as rare to find a shiny in Shiny Gold as it is in Fire or Red Leaf Green because I caught a shiny hoppip after only 2 hours of gameplay is that just luck or or is there a higher chance of finding one?

It's just luck, it doesn't matter if you play 2 hours. I once battled a shiny poochyena in ruby... yeah, the poochyena that attacks birch.

john55
September 6th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Not the S.S. Anne but the S.S. Aqua is there to take you back and forth to Jhoto.

What I meant is since S.S. Anne was in Fire Red, would there be a chance that the ship would revisit Vermillion city in the future or maybe even olivine port which could possibly give you more battles or something like that cosidering that the S.S Anne wasn't in the original gold but is in Fire Red. I suppose it'd be a waste other wise of some maps/dungeon you could say of sorts to not use it. That is if zel didn't write over it it or something like that. I just thought it was an interesting idea...

Gerri Shin
September 6th, 2007, 11:36 AM
What I meant is since S.S. Anne was in Fire Red, would there be a chance that the ship would revisit Vermillion city in the future or maybe even olivine port which could possibly give you more battles or something like that cosidering that the S.S Anne wasn't in the original gold but is in Fire Red. I suppose it'd be a waste other wise of some maps/dungeon you could say of sorts to not use it. That is if zel didn't write over it it or something like that. I just thought it was an interesting idea...

I'm pretty sure Zel wrote over the S.S. Anne maps for the S.S. aqua maps. so I don't think that the S.S. Anne will be making any comebacks

Lord Xyron
September 6th, 2007, 12:02 PM
Hi. I downloaded the patch for Shiny Gold X and got as far as the Sprout tower, when my game crashed. I was wondering if it was because i was using FireRed386. I really like this hack, so please help me!

Went
September 6th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Hi. I downloaded the patch for Shiny Gold X and got as far as the Sprout tower, when my game crashed. I was wondering if it was because i was using FireRed386. I really like this hack, so please help me!

It's possible. As the ROM you are using has already been modified, you can find some problems with the patch. Try another ROM.

TheSilenceOfNoOne
September 6th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Ah, gotcha, thanks.

Another glitch... I went to the 3 legendary dogs and they all ran away, right? So i walk down to get to the stairs and whever dog goes down is still sitting there -.-

Then i leave and the Cool Couple are back and I cant get through. O_o

Apple Inc.
September 6th, 2007, 05:02 PM
Ah, gotcha, thanks.

Another glitch... I went to the 3 legendary dogs and they all ran away, right? So i walk down to get to the stairs and whever dog goes down is still sitting there -.-

Then i leave and the Cool Couple are back and I cant get through. O_o

I always hate to tell people this but it's gotta be said, you may have patched to a bad rom or had a cheat on in the emulator that you forgot to turn off. also something i noticed is that if you are west of the cut tree near Mr. Pokemon's house it is not there but if you walk up to the east it is, if you walk over it still isn't there but if you go in and out of his house it will be there.

koji_234
September 6th, 2007, 06:24 PM
I'm guessing you should get a new ROM, but, the bright side is you could get lot's of experience points with the cooltrainer couple!

zel 2.0
September 6th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Um...does this mean that you won't be able to continue from your beta4 save, because you would still have the vs. seeker and that would cause problems?

I'll repoint many Johto and Pokemon Center maps (the PC because it's something I'm doing to fix one of the causes of the shiny glitch), so it'll be better to play the next Beta from the start...
...Don't get too attached to your Pokémon, as I always say ;)

and Zel hasnt been on in a while. Is there maybe a paper or big project?

In fact, it's just that my Uni has taken over my Tuesdays and Wednesdays fully, so I'm not able to connect those two days. Just wait for me the other days (I'll update with this information in my "Zel's Status" section, anyway)

By any chance will there be a return of the S.S. Anne possibly in vermillion or olivine?

Well, Aqua is the one taking place in the world of Gold, so that's the one you'll be seeing in SG also. But, oh, I was thinking of spoiling something, but better not... :P

I have a question is it just as rare to find a shiny in Shiny Gold as it is in Fire or Red Leaf Green because I caught a shiny hoppip after only 2 hours of gameplay is that just luck or or is there a higher chance of finding one?

You got pretty lucky, though in the older thread I think someone found a shiny right as the first wild Pokemon (too bad I've played like a million hours and all I have are two shinies... :( three, but Gyarados really counts? XD)

Uhh hi i heard by looking at past forums that you can get every pokemon in this game, if so dose anyone know how to get bulbsuar see it's my favprote pokemon(next to crobat) and i would really like to get one so if anyone knows how that would be great....

You heard semi-correctly. You WILL be able to get every Pokemon, but, since the game is not complete yet, you cannot obtain all of them just yet. But, for your information...
Yes, Bulba's gonna be in the next one! :D

HI, about the shiny pokemon glitch,
After I caught the Red Gyarados (female gender) , every Pokemon becomes shiny including trainer's pokemon, wild pokemon becomes shiny and female.. i hate this glitch so is there a way to remove it? i tried to load my previous game and catch it again but still pokemon became shiny... i tried to release it but it didnt change.. pls help me i hate everything shiny... btw i caught gyarados i didnt lose...

I think the real reason for the shiny glitch (outside of the losing case) was residing in the warp command taking place in order to "erase" the Gyarados from the Lake (I found that if you pressed a button in the middle of the warp moment, that truncated the rest of the script and the callasm command didn't get executed). So, since I removed the warp I think everything will be better now (it's more crappy without the warp in my opinion, but if it fixes the problem, who cares, right?)

By the way, pressing buttons in the middle of an event warp is pretty baaaad... If anyone knows if there's a way to disable the use of buttons during a warp, PM me (meanwhile, avoid pressing buttons like mad if there's a warp getting executed)

I'm pretty sure Zel wrote over the S.S. Anne maps for the S.S. aqua maps. so I don't think that the S.S. Anne will be making any comebacks

Yes, that's right.

I always hate to tell people this but it's gotta be said, you may have patched to a bad rom or had a cheat on in the emulator that you forgot to turn off. also something i noticed is that if you are west of the cut tree near Mr. Pokemon's house it is not there but if you walk up to the east it is, if you walk over it still isn't there but if you go in and out of his house it will be there.

Yes, I knew about it already, but thanks anyway.

Well, I'm a bit short of time, but I've finished a big part of the phone booth script (the one where you talk with your contacts, except Mom and Elm, since they tell lots of stuff depending on the moment, but they are easier to script, because all they do is checking a flag, and saying something. It won't take long) I must now modify each rematch trainers' scripts, because they'll no longer need to check if the vs-seeker is getting used. I think it'll be shorter than the phone's script.
Meanwhile, I'll be making a video to show how you can talk with the other trainers, but I'll be doing that tomorrow.

That's all I had. Yep.

TheSilenceOfNoOne
September 6th, 2007, 07:32 PM

Ok i tried 3 different ones, still no luck. Probably one of the pokemon i caught.

Dialga_753
September 7th, 2007, 05:57 AM
I'm now looking forward to b5 coming out. Great work zel, keep it up!

PIKACHUER
September 7th, 2007, 06:01 AM
nice hack,i cant wait for beta 5

Binary
September 7th, 2007, 07:49 AM
Good work!!
Cant wait for beta 5
Keep it up

ultimfire
September 7th, 2007, 08:33 AM
so umm...when beta 5 is coming out...cant wait to play sg beta XD very nice hack... and any1 noes whr to get torchic???

Mothernot
September 7th, 2007, 10:11 AM
^You can't get Torchic yet.

Beta 5 should come out end of September/Early October!(Let's hope so...)

zel 2.0
September 7th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Here, I finished the video of the Phone Booth, just remember I still need to do that part of talking with Mom and Elm, I'll be working on that for the rest of the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvRS5WViYAE

More information on how the trainers' scripts will be affected now with the Phone Booth will come as soon as I finish working on their scripts.

Erimgard
September 7th, 2007, 10:44 AM
that looks great Zel! I can hardly wait to try it out!

LastHand
September 7th, 2007, 12:06 PM
uhhh.... Zel the phone memory goes from 4 to 7??? 8S

Went
September 7th, 2007, 12:15 PM
uhhh.... Zel the phone memory goes from 4 to 7??? 8S
O.o It's true. XD

A question: will you change the 1/trainer now for the phone trainers or you will leave then until the final release?

Amazing work, man.

zel 2.0
September 7th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Oops, yeah. It should go from 3 to 6 (the first part), 'cause 1 and 2 are the ones for Mom and Elm respectively. Thanks for noticing that.

And about the trainers thing, I think I'll still leave it like that, though probably it's not necessary (but It'll help me to get less confused when dealing with PET)

Midnight Beat
September 7th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Looks awesome Zel!!! I can't wait to try it out myself.

Katalyst
September 7th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Looks awesome Zel!!! I can't wait to try it out myself.

Me too, Zel! The Phone Booth is an excellent add-on!

trevor813
September 7th, 2007, 02:59 PM
so cool big improvement ^_^

Team Rocket Boss Giovanni
September 7th, 2007, 06:39 PM
I got an idea for the phone booth. you can call a taxi to go to towns that you have been to.

john55
September 7th, 2007, 07:31 PM
I got an idea for the phone booth. you can call a taxi to go to towns that you have been to.

Isn't thats what fly is for?....-_-

Scytheteen
September 7th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Isn't thats what fly is for?....-_-

Xd yeah your right. a taxi would have basiclly no use

Short Range
September 7th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Well Duh. He means until Fly is able to be used from the glitchy maps. What did you think?

Anyway, I could never make a hack like this. My Pokemon Revolution just got screwed up. I'm so cut...

Apple Inc.
September 7th, 2007, 08:24 PM
This is looking better every time i come back to check. An idea would be to make it so you need to put in 25 whatever they ares into the phonebooth. I am in 8th grade now and i might only get to the forums as little as 5 minutes a day.

Shiun Enshidia
September 8th, 2007, 06:12 AM
Not being able to Fly is a little bit of a hassle for players, but it makes the game a lot longer, ergo a lot more enjoyable.
If its possible...why not use the SS Aqua? I mean...most of the Cities (except Mahognany, Ecrutrek and Blackthorn) are on the water, so whats not to stop using a pier there? Of course thats only an idea.

Went
September 8th, 2007, 06:23 AM
Well, people, Mastermind_X found a way to change the world map, incuiding the fly spots, so it's only matter of time. Don't worry about it too much.

Apple Inc.
September 8th, 2007, 08:19 AM
Well, people, Mastermind_X found a way to change the world map, incuiding the fly spots, so it's only matter of time. Don't worry about it too much.

Speaking of Mastermindx he returns from holiday/vacation tomorrow so hell probably have the tutorial up tomorrow. I hope itll be in the next beta and wont be too hard for me and my hack

milton
September 8th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Where Can I find Rock Smash to pokemon shiny gold?Please help me

Krobelus
September 8th, 2007, 09:34 AM
Where Can I find Rock Smash to pokemon shiny gold?Please help me

Your not.. supposed to ask that here as far as I know.

Anyways, Zel! I didn't know you made a new thread! I guess you had to.. but I still didn't know! I was waiting for it to appear on my User CP, then I found it sometime later exploring PC. Darn you Zel! =P

Anyway, if I start playing again, I'm sure I'll have as much fun as I did on the first beta! Good luck, and nice to see that you haven't quit.

Later
-Krobe

milton
September 8th, 2007, 09:38 AM
Your not.. supposed to ask that here as far as I know.

Anyways, Zel! I didn't know you made a new thread! I guess you had to.. but I still didn't know! I was waiting for it to appear on my User CP, then I found it sometime later exploring PC. Darn you Zel! =P

Anyway, if I start playing again, I'm sure I'll have as much fun as I did on the first beta! Good luck, and nice to see that you haven't quit.

Later
-Krobe

???I can't find it???Why?

Krobelus
September 8th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Spoiler I think..
When you defeat Sudowoodo, go right, and there would be a fat guy. He's by Violet City and he gives it to you. I think...

P.S. Don't keep asking for stuff. There's an unofficial walkthrough on the first page. That was (almost) the whole reason why the last thread was destroyed.

-Krobe

milton
September 8th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Spoiler I think..
When you defeat Sudowoodo, go right, and there would be a fat guy. He's by Violet City and he gives it to you. I think...

P.S. Don't keep asking for stuff. There's an unofficial walkthrough on the first page. That was (almost) the whole reason why the last thread was destroyed.

-Krobe

YES Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!:D

bobmarleypeople
September 8th, 2007, 11:16 AM
I'm not sure if this is the same in all gyms, but in Whitney's Gym, the Gym Trainers are still "active trainers" i.e. they still want battles after you beat the leader. Unless you've beat them before. I'm not complaining really since I can get the experience, but I'm not sure if you wanted it like this or not.

Note: If this has been mentioned before, I have searched and I couldn't find it. If needs must, feel free to delete this post.

Midnight Beat
September 8th, 2007, 11:30 AM
I'm not sure if this is the same in all gyms, but in Whitney's Gym, the Gym Trainers are still "active trainers" i.e. they still want battles after you beat the leader. Unless you've beat them before. I'm not complaining really since I can get the experience, but I'm not sure if you wanted it like this or not.

Note: If this has been mentioned before, I have searched and I couldn't find it. If needs must, feel free to delete this post.

Yeah it has something to due with the script Zel wrote so that you have to talk to that other girl before you can get the badge.

Apple Inc.
September 8th, 2007, 11:49 AM

Yes this in all the gyms. I was surfing out of misty's gym after i beat misty and a swimmer went across the platform and battled me.

Went
September 8th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Well, I think I reported it in the old thread, but zel said that he did it on purpose so we don't lose their experience. Don't worry about it.

Exo-Page
September 8th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Question, is there anyway to get pokemon like Salamance without cheating? And will there be an option that you can evolve pokemon without trading? Like a Haunter evolving into a Gangar at a certain level? That would be pretty cool. I have no idea how to trade using a link, so i'm just asking for myself. :P

shadoweevee
September 8th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Question, is there anyway to get pokemon like Salamance without cheating? And will there be an option that you can evolve pokemon without trading? Like a Haunter evolving into a Gangar at a certain level? That would be pretty cool. I have no idea how to trade using a link, so i'm just asking for myself. :P

Zel said that you could all pokemon in the game. That means you can get Salamance and Ganger without cheat/trading. Just read the first page, it says it all and for what it does not just read the walkthrough (also on the first page or just click my sig)

Captain Arcane
September 8th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Wow Zel, this hack is looking amazing. All that work you've done, and its eye poping. If only other hackers and game makers had your kind of devotion. I still can't get over how much this has become. I remember when this thing first started, and now, its all over youtube, and everything. Great job man, your awsome.

evilcheese
September 8th, 2007, 05:53 PM
There is a glitch that if your on the S.S. Auqua and you dont find that guy who blocks the entrance to the captains room friend he will eventually phase through the wall. oh yeah and when you go back to the S.S. aqua you cant exit i went to bed like 20 times and it never worked. I was forced to use walk through walls cheat.

kiikasi
September 8th, 2007, 06:29 PM
*gasp* garfields in grade 8 as well! Im in 8th grade!.......
does anyone know how to make textures appear in the vector rendering engine? It keeps prosessing the colors but the textures are gone!
(P.S. im not spamming) *ehhem* I cant wait for beta 5! Keep going zel! you rock!

ThaGames0va
September 8th, 2007, 08:29 PM
This hack is awesome. Kudos Zel. To the topic at hand however. Does anyone know where I can find a Torchic or another fire type? Im at Ecruteak City right now. Also Is there a pokemon location list in general?

SerenadeDS
September 8th, 2007, 08:33 PM
This hack is awesome. Kudos Zel. To the topic at hand however. Does anyone know where I can find a Torchic or another fire type? Im at Ecruteak City right now. Also Is there a pokemon location list in general?

#1 - Well, Im sure you could just check out the ShinyGold Walkthough for a list of Pokemon or something of that nature.

#2 - Well, if you want a Fire Pokemon, you can get a Charmander at the Game Corner in Goldenrod City. You need to be good at slots though lol. Thank god the slots arn't that hard for me! XD

zel 2.0
September 8th, 2007, 08:46 PM
TheGamesOva: I'm also not sure if anyone worked on a list of Pokemon locations (though most likely, all you'll find is a list of Pokemon by map, I mean "route x has these pokemon"). I never made a general list, and I don't intend to do one (so, that depends on other people, not me)

Torchic's not in B4 and won't be yet on B5 either.

kiikasi: yes, you were... XD

chimchar59: what? (if anyone has the time to test what he said...)

Exo-Page: obviously, you will not get a Salamence directly, 'cause it's better to train a Bagon (so that's all you'll find, not in B4 or 5 though)

If there is more people with gameplay questions: Make sure to check this thread's first post, the "Tourist Center" section, thanks!

Well, I'm done with the using of the Phone (I've added Mom and Elm's part, but I have to edit the trainers... Guess I'm doing things a little slower, but at least I'm doing them -_-), so, out of that, I don't have anything relevant yet. Stay tuned!

destinedjagold
September 9th, 2007, 02:30 AM
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa154/destinedjagold/Surprised3.jpg AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa154/destinedjagold/Happy2.jpg I love the phonebooth!!!

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa154/destinedjagold/Surprised3.jpg zel's the greatest!!!
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa154/destinedjagold/Smile.jpg Keep it up, zel!!!

a2h
September 9th, 2007, 03:00 AM
The phone booth looks great, can't wait to test it out!

Zowayix
September 9th, 2007, 04:37 AM
Did zel say that once he entirely finished the phone booth, that he would add screenshots?

Went
September 9th, 2007, 06:14 AM
Did zel say that once he entirely finished the phone booth, that he would add screenshots?

He hasn't finished the rematch trainers' scripts, so it isn't entirely finished yet.

I don't remember Zel mapping the routes east and north of Lavender, or Lavender/Rock Tunnel.

Because he mapped them in the three weeks the thread was closed.

bobmarleypeople
September 9th, 2007, 08:08 AM
I know the flying post issues have already been talked about, but I think it'd be worth mentioning that flying to New Bark Town sometimes results in the game thinking that it's in Pallet Town (but the map is still New Bark Town). Thus, the map turns to Kanto. However, fly to Pallet Town again, and it becomes New Bark Town again and back to the islands map. What was interesting though, was that if you fly to New Bark Town and thus turning the map to Kanto, you could fly to route 10 (aka PC by Mt. Moon) except you'd end up in Blackthorn City. I'll be honest here: going round places trying to find the flying post for various places is actually quite fun...until you crash the game that is.

Keep up the good work anyways ^_^

Zowayix
September 9th, 2007, 08:31 AM
zel, you really should fix the warp glitches of newbark/pallet.
I know that there's 2 maps of new bark. one was pallet, the other was sevii isle 1.
lots of problems can happen if you fly to sevii isle 1 and wind up in the "old" bark town.

dirk123
September 9th, 2007, 08:35 AM
zel, you really should fix the warp glitches of newbark/pallet.
I know that there's 2 maps of new bark. one was pallet, the other was sevii isle 1.
lots of problems can happen if you fly to sevii isle 1 and wind up in the "old" bark town.

Zel said the map isn't on his Priority list yet.
So instead of lazy flying, use the bike >>

Lady Berlitz
September 9th, 2007, 04:02 PM
I don't know how or why, but this is a question...
Everyone is saying everything about the phone booths and signposts are awesome, but how do you know they are in the first place?
Could I see a pic?

Keep it up.

Midnight Beat
September 9th, 2007, 04:09 PM
[FONT="Lucida Grande"]I don't know how or why, but this is a question...
Everyone is saying everything about the phone booths and signposts are awesome, but how do you know they are in the first place?
Could I see a pic?

Because Zel posted these 2 posts a few pages back.

Here, I finished the video of the Phone Booth, just remember I still need to do that part of talking with Mom and Elm, I'll be working on that for the rest of the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvRS5WViYAE

More information on how the trainers' scripts will be affected now with the Phone Booth will come as soon as I finish working on their scripts.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/6762/tiletosetclairac7.png

Lady Berlitz
September 9th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Thanks. Sorry for the spam.
Anyways, good luck with the rest of the hacks.

...by the way.
The signpost doesn't go very well with the rest of the tiles. It's good, don't get me wrong.

koji_234
September 9th, 2007, 09:29 PM
The phonebook is so cool...CAn't wait to use it!!! Great work Zel!
One question-On beta 2(want to complete the most of it)the sick miltank, if you give enough oran berries to it, will something happen?

zel 2.0
September 9th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Well, most likely, if there were questions, they were all already answered, so, since I don't have much intention of answering anything right now, I'll just skip to the good part.

Which is a pair of videos showing how the trainers' scripts and the Phone Booth's scripts combine. The first video shows how you register trainers on the Phone Card (as long as there's memory space), while the second video shows how you get rematches (after insisting for a while, you'll need some patience to get a rematch)

Video1 - Registering Trainers on the Phone Card (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T7piAM6CNQ)
Video2 - Getting a Rematch Battle (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcNquWRzBZA)

Yawn... I'll just make my post on the MotM thread and come back after I sleep. I need to do some stuff for my Uni first, but after that, I'll start taking screenshots for my "screenshot release season"

thethethethe
September 9th, 2007, 11:24 PM
I watched the videos, they looked great. I was just wondering about something involving the Phone Booth. Will you be able to register any trainer into it, or only specific trainers, like in gold?

birthofdna
September 10th, 2007, 03:28 AM
I think only specific trainers, plus Mom, Prof. Elm, and Bill.

milton
September 10th, 2007, 03:35 AM
The phone is WONDERFULL:shocked:

Ooka
September 10th, 2007, 04:30 AM
I have a question as well, will items be obtainable from people with stored numbers like in gold.

Went
September 10th, 2007, 06:11 AM
I have a question as well, will items be obtainable from people with stored numbers like in gold.

Wrong, that feature first appeared in Crystal. I guess no.

bobmarleypeople
September 10th, 2007, 09:29 AM
Crystal introduced getting special items from people, but some trainers in gold, silver AND crystal let you know of special "there's loads of XXXXXX swarming in route XX. Come quick and get one". Although that'll be difficult to code in and it's not the most important thing to get coded, although newbies might like it so they know where to get soemthing.

On a slightly negative note, I know the phone booth is really well made and all, but is there any chance the people's names can be programmed to show up cos "mem 4" and "mem 9" aren't exactly memorable if you know what I mean. If it's too hard then no worries. I was the one that hated getting calls from random people saying "HEY PETER! I SAW A PIDGY" or "Hey Peter. My charmander burnt my balls off" or "HEY PETER! I SAW A TREE!!!!!" and so on.

EDIT: also, am I the only one who doesn't like the credits music being used for the johto/kanto route with the guy saying "you took your first step into kanto! check your map". Game is on other PC so I can't check the actual route number, but you know the one.

EDIT 2: Another question sorry. Is it possible, once you get the music thing sorted, to have different music for Johto and Kanto matches like in Gold and Silver? I remember my first Kanto battle. Very random music! But still cool!

john55
September 10th, 2007, 10:46 AM
I was wondering if you could tell us how many songs will be changed in the next beta?
Nice videos by the way though.

Blitzballer
September 10th, 2007, 01:53 PM
WOW! That is simply amazing. Most people wouldn't think it is as big a deal as some of the other changes, but being able to battle your friends again was one of my fav. parts of the original gold =]

~Dai-kun~
September 10th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Man that looks cool but I forgot how to get it up to speed because my VBA acts a little slow when I play SG how do I get it the same speed like in the vids you posted a while back.

shadoweevee
September 10th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Man that looks cool but I forgot how to get it up to speed because my VBA acts a little slow when I play SG how do I get it the same speed like in the vids you posted a while back.

simple, faster computer=faster VBA, but if you don't have a faster computer I guess you could always just change the frame rate I guess (but I may be wrong

~Dai-kun~
September 10th, 2007, 03:10 PM
My comp is fast it's probably the frame frate. Like I said it's just SG.Never mind

Lady Berlitz
September 10th, 2007, 03:54 PM
The "Phone Booth" is a good addition. It gives more originality to the storyline of Gold, Silver and Crystal. Since adding extra rivals and Hoenn Pokemon isn't much, I mean.

Good luck with any more extra auditions.

Rob2243
September 10th, 2007, 04:44 PM
zel when can we catch lugia and when are you going to relaese the phones?

Midnight Beat
September 10th, 2007, 04:45 PM
zel when can we catch lugia and when are you going to relaese the phones?

Lugia will be avalible when you get to Pewter City and the phone booths will be in the next beta.

Blitzballer
September 10th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Just wondering if you are going to show what part calling Elm and Mom on the phone booth is like...seeing as calling mom on the other game was different.

zel 2.0
September 10th, 2007, 07:42 PM
I just have answers today...

I watched the videos, they looked great. I was just wondering about something involving the Phone Booth. Will you be able to register any trainer into it, or only specific trainers, like in gold?

Nope, only the ones you'd normally register in the original. It's quite complicated already with just 28 trainers, what do you want? me commiting suicide? XD

As it was told (but I'm just confirming it), you cannot get items from those trainers after battling a certain ammount of times, 'cause that's something from Crystal, and adding such feature would really destroy my already long scripts... (and my head...)

Crystal introduced getting special items from people, but some trainers in gold, silver AND crystal let you know of special "there's loads of XXXXXX swarming in route XX. Come quick and get one". Although that'll be difficult to code in and it's not the most important thing to get coded, although newbies might like it so they know where to get soemthing.

On a slightly negative note, I know the phone booth is really well made and all, but is there any chance the people's names can be programmed to show up cos "mem 4" and "mem 9" aren't exactly memorable if you know what I mean. If it's too hard then no worries. I was the one that hated getting calls from random people saying "HEY PETER! I SAW A PIDGY" or "Hey Peter. My charmander burnt my balls off" or "HEY PETER! I SAW A TREE!!!!!" and so on.

EDIT: also, am I the only one who doesn't like the credits music being used for the johto/kanto route with the guy saying "you took your first step into kanto! check your map". Game is on other PC so I can't check the actual route number, but you know the one.

EDIT 2: Another question sorry. Is it possible, once you get the music thing sorted, to have different music for Johto and Kanto matches like in Gold and Silver? I remember my first Kanto battle. Very random music! But still cool!

To get something well, there are two things: the first is that the registered trainers will be talking about many more pokemon located on their routes than in the original Gold (so you can use them as guides to know which pokemon are where). However, they won't be mentioning the Hoenn pokemon around, because for that...
I think I'm gonna make Oak in the Radio mentioning them in his show

No, there's no chances of modifying what the memory slots say. I'd say it's impossible because you need to think on all the posibble combinations, and the fact that we don't have that number of combinations as the number of textboxes. That's how it's gonna work. So, keep track of who you store where.
By the way, once you register a trainer, it goes automatically into the first free spot, but, once you delete it, that spot will remain free (things won't be updating, moving all the other trainers one slot up... Don't ask me for that many things, because I do what I can)

About the music on Routes 26 and 27, I think they really fit the mood, it's a good track to make you think "we are really close to the Pokemon League", it's just about the rhythm (hope to spell it right this time... Dictionary... Yay, It's correct! XD)

About the wildbattles music, it's something I consulted Mastermind_X for some time ago, and he (obviously) told me it is possible, so, I'd say it can be done, but, since I don't think it's necessary yet (not to mention I still don't have the two new tracks inserted), I'll leave that for later.

I was wondering if you could tell us how many songs will be changed in the next beta?
Nice videos by the way though.

I have like 13, which I know it's not a big number. But I haven't been getting too much info from birthofdna (Magnius PMed me, but they need to work together to make things faster and better), and I was a bit more occupied on scripting anyway. Same goes for the graphical parts.

Just wondering if you are going to show what part calling Elm and Mom on the phone booth is like...seeing as calling mom on the other game was different.

I can't really show it too well. Because they say different stuff depending on the location and the moment in the game. I cannot be making a video with combinations as I did in the Elite4 video, because I don't have the same time. So, I'll leave that for you to discover.

And that's all. Just remember I won't be online this Tuesday and Wednesday!

oli25
September 11th, 2007, 05:40 AM
so what about new trainer ow sprites? you have them already or the guy thta was working on it didnt finished them? will the new trainers ow sprites appear in next beta?

Apple Inc.
September 11th, 2007, 12:27 PM
I think if zel does a little scripting he can make a radio system, its not too hard, you just need to make the tile and a script for text and a music change like the oak radio show with oaks theme and Pokemon sleep channel the jigglypuff thing.

Zowayix
September 11th, 2007, 03:47 PM
Hmmm... in the original GSC, the Lavender Town Radio Director gave you an EXPN Card which had the Poke Flute Channel on it.
I wonder what he will give in ShinyGold?
(Seems a bit weird for a radio director to give a Poke Flute...)

bobmarleypeople
September 12th, 2007, 07:31 AM
Zowayix has a good point. If the actual radio system can't be implemented, then the poke flute will probably be renamed the "poke flute radio". Then again, Zel may yet surprise us with a radio since he said the teachy TV won't be a part of the next BETA or something like that. All we can do now is hope that somewhere inside Zel's grey mushy stuff there is a radio tuner XD

EDIT: for those who don't know, the Teachy TV is given by the radio receptionist instead of the radio die to the lack of a pokegear in Pokemon Fire Red

Dr.Garchomp
September 12th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Not to go too far off topic with the next beta, but are you going to edit HO-OH's moves so that it has sacred fire when you first catch it?

pokenaruto
September 12th, 2007, 03:42 PM
i want to tell you some things i think are bugs:
battling you rival azalia town champion music.
Glitch kanto-you alreadey know that i dont like it.

mother gives you vs seeker insted of pokegear Very Anoying!!!!
Can you fix that in the next Beta?

Erimgard
September 12th, 2007, 03:44 PM

trust me, zel is doing everything he can to fix known glitches.

Apple Inc.
September 12th, 2007, 04:03 PM
i want to tell you some things i think are bugs:
battling you rival azalia town champion music.

mother gives you vs seeker insted of pokegear Very Anoying!!!!

VS seeker is no longer given

Azale rival battle is intentional. He did that so he could maintain a cool bgm

BEFORE POSTING BUGS CHECK THE FIRST POST

shinyraichu
September 12th, 2007, 05:07 PM
I'm not sure if you are aware of any of these or not:

There are various movement permission errors. They are all threw Kanto. View the attached images
In Karen's/Lorelei's/Last Elite 4 Room, upon any pokemon menu command, such as Switching Pokemon, Viewing Stats, or Giving an Item, will all cause you to basically move threw anything. I never checked how to go to kanto using that glitch, so this may it, and therefor would be nothing new. I did however, do this repeatedly quite a few times.
The Copycat, if a Female Sprite was chosen (call me a Beta tester) will copy the Male Sprite instead. Also attached.Also, if you don't mind me asking, how far will the next beta extend. Finally, it has got to be hard for people to figure out how to make the Ghost Buster work, so you might want to clue to it more in the next beta.

SephirothX
September 12th, 2007, 10:09 PM
Whoa, Zel. You just never give up. Last time I bothered to look at this site, you hadn't finished the Ice Path. @__@ Nice progress, this hack is the thin line that keeps me from "growing up." (>_<)
---SephirothX [formerly Dark Lucario ;-)]

Zowayix
September 13th, 2007, 02:37 AM
Shiny Raichu, the last two movement errors in the attachment have already been confirmed by zel to be unable to fix, because the movement permission "able to be stood on normally" is needed for the trainers to battle you once they appear in the gym. This means that if they aren't there, you will be able to stand on that tile.

Went
September 13th, 2007, 05:09 AM
I'm not sure if you are aware of any of these or not:

There are various movement permission errors. They are all threw Kanto. View the attached images
In Karen's/Lorelei's/Last Elite 4 Room, upon any pokemon menu command, such as Switching Pokemon, Viewing Stats, or Giving an Item, will all cause you to basically move threw anything. I never checked how to go to kanto using that glitch, so this may it, and therefor would be nothing new. I did however, do this repeatedly quite a few times.
The Copycat, if a Female Sprite was chosen (call me a Beta tester) will copy the Male Sprite instead. Also attached.Also, if you don't mind me asking, how far will the next beta extend. Finally, it has got to be hard for people to figure out how to make the Ghost Buster work, so you might want to clue to it more in the next beta.

-About the tile problems in the gym, don't worry, there is a soution.
-About the Lorelei's room problem, it is known *coughfirstpostcough* but zel said that it was really impossible to fix for the moment.
-The copycat one was, in fact, noticed during the beta testing :P and, I thought, fixed...
And the next beta will end in Fuchsia (the coast will be blocked, and I suppose Diglett's cave too).

SephirothX
September 13th, 2007, 07:04 AM
Ooh, liking the new tiles (except for the ones ripped from D/P). I can't wait to get home, I need to download the latest beta. (And a GBA emulator for my PSP. ;))

Apple Inc.
September 13th, 2007, 08:02 AM
-About the Lorelei's room problem, it is known *coughfirstpostcough* but zel said that it was really impossible to fix for the moment.
-The copycat one was, in fact, noticed during the beta testing :P and, I thought, fixed...
And the next beta will end in Fuchsia (the coast will be blocked, and I suppose Diglett's cave too).

Actually Diglett's cave is in but you only explore part of route 2

Lady Nicole
September 13th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Zel, you are a genius.
Thank you so much! =)

I wanted to hack but when I downloaded some stuff my computer went all funny and slow and stopped working properly. I got a new computer because the infected file got into the system and was access denied so I couldn't get rid of it. There was no way that I could disable the security on it. I promised myself I'd never download anything like that again.

zel 2.0
September 13th, 2007, 06:54 PM
First thing's first: The Radio thing I commented I think will be implemented for the final version or something like that, because I said before that most of the extra stuff I planned to add them in the last release (but since the Phone Booth seemed to be cool, and I was anxious to do it, I put it for the next release), I know that a lot of weird ideas about it will pop up, but for now, the Phone Booth must remain to be used as the way to simulate the phone function of the defunct Pokegear, just to call Mom, Elm or the Trainers (obviously, not the Box System, there's nobody who can count how many pokes you have in your box, because, after all, once your box is full and catch another poke, it just goes to the next box automatically)

so what about new trainer ow sprites? you have them already or the guy thta was working on it didnt finished them? will the new trainers ow sprites appear in next beta?

I really have weird MSN connection hours now, so it's pretty hard to catch everyone. I must contact him before I can answer that one.

Hmmm... in the original GSC, the Lavender Town Radio Director gave you an EXPN Card which had the Poke Flute Channel on it.
I wonder what he will give in ShinyGold?
(Seems a bit weird for a radio director to give a Poke Flute...)

For now, it gives you the Pokeflute, which I changed the name (not the graphic, though) to be an Expansion Card for the Radio-Visio so it can tune the Pokeflute channel automatically (so, once you talk with Snorlax, with the Expansion Card, the Radio-Visio will "supposedly" tune in the Pokeflute channel)
Something like that... :P

Not to go too far off topic with the next beta, but are you going to edit HO-OH's moves so that it has sacred fire when you first catch it?

Ehhhmmm... You have the Move Relearner, so just get a few Mushrooms (from the wild Paras)

Yes, by the way, the Lorelei problem about messing the script I have fixed, but still, that room is pretty weird, so most likely, in future releases I may end up putting that room in some other map.
Since this time I have reached Kanto with both heroes, this time Copycat will behave correctly (mwahahaha!)
And, Diglett's cave is also available (and you can reach a bit of Route2, but I have blocked most of it with trees, so no Pewter and no Viridian, etc)

Don't go offtopic guys. I'll bring more news tomorrow.

Veng3anc3
September 13th, 2007, 10:20 PM
wow.. its amazing CREDS TO ZEL!! xD but i have decided not to play till the last/2nd last relese i want to play all of you're new functions all in 1 :P so ima jus sit and wait
gj with the phone booth and gj with getting this far in a hack dont give up!

bobmarleypeople
September 14th, 2007, 09:42 AM
wow.. its amazing CREDS TO ZEL!! xD but i have decided not to play till the last/2nd last relese i want to play all of you're new functions all in 1 :P so ima jus sit and wait
gj with the phone booth and gj with getting this far in a hack dont give up!

I'll probably do the same. It's really frustrating when you're playing the game, then suddenly you can't go any further, although I may have to give the phone a try on the next BETA.

JOOra
September 14th, 2007, 01:02 PM
ahahaa, I love this hack, but how exactly will we get to kanto without passing through viridian?
that puzzles me.....

bobmarleypeople
September 14th, 2007, 02:09 PM
ahahaa, I love this hack, but how exactly will we get to kanto without passing through viridian?
that puzzles me.....

UGH?????? Have you played Gold/Silver/Crystal? You get to Kanto the first time via the SS Aqua. Then you get the magnet train fixed and whatever. I think you're thinking of that little path at the side of the corridor just before victory road. That opens up when you go in through the "Viridian" side.

No offence mind, you probably just haven't played it in a while. I took apart my Pokemon red to replace the battery in Silver. The internal battery died in my Silver cart and I lost my save game with my shiny red Celebi WHICH I GOT LIGITAMETLY THROUGH A NINTENDO EVENT!!!! CHEATING = BAD!!!!
OK. I'll stop now.
[/rant]

PokeFanatic12698
September 14th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Not to go off-topic or anything, but, How the heck do i play Shinygold on my PSP?!

zel 2.0
September 14th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Such kind of questions should be posted in some thread to be made for that specifically (if there is not one already), instead of here (because a thread specifically for that would be more helpful, I think you can play any GBA game on PSP by the looks of what I've seen. Don't have a PSP, so I can't help)

Alright, let's start the Screenshot Release Season! As you know (if not, you'll learn now), I always start posting a few screenshots of minor fixes and improvments the game had from the previous releases, so probably these are gonna be the boring screenshots...

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/4590/image001nr9.png http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/7507/image002iq5.png http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/8859/image003ci8.png http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/4277/image004vy9.png http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/3047/image005dy9.png http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/5687/image006uy2.png http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/4346/image007tv5.png

You can see the new definitive titlescreen (in case you've forgotten about it), thanks to Neos, as always.
The ones with Mom show the changes due to the appearance of the two Key Items: the Phone Card and the PokéBeeper, which you already know what they go about, but Mom will take care of explaining how they work (just like she did with the Gear back in the old times)
And the ones with Elm show basically two things: the first, and important, that I got rid of the "mysterious pokeball disappearance act" due to using the original scripts, this time I made everything from scratch (just like Kike and Hackmew did), so that is fixed. The other thing is that he will register his number into the Phone Card and he'll also tell you he'll be annoying you with messages on the Beeper.

That's all in this screenshot release, there's one more boring screenshots release for the next time, and after that, I'll take my time with the release of new stuff (because there's still stuff to do for the Beta, not to mention the most important: Testing!)

Well, till next report!

PokeFanatic12698
September 14th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Ok. Anywho, sweet screenies. Te estan quedando muy chido.

Katalyst
September 14th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Great screenies, Zel! And the T-Screen is pretty good too! And I'm glad you got rid of the Pokeball disappearance, that was getting annoying. Well, keep up!

LegendaryUmbreon
September 14th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Great job on the hack, Zel! And the screenies! They rock my socks :P

random-man
September 15th, 2007, 01:26 AM
hey zel, your hack is awesome!!!! One thing I was wandering though is whether you're gonna include the stat boosting berries (salac, starf, ganlon etc) cos since every pokemon will be obtainable i thought it'd b good if all the berries were as well, (maybe one as a trick house reward?) Anyway, keep up the good work!!!

JOOra
September 15th, 2007, 03:14 AM
UGH?????? Have you played Gold/Silver/Crystal? You get to Kanto the first time via the SS Aqua. Then you get the magnet train fixed and whatever. I think you're thinking of that little path at the side of the corridor just before victory road. That opens up when you go in through the "Viridian" side.

No offence mind, you probably just haven't played it in a while. I took apart my Pokemon red to replace the battery in Silver. The internal battery died in my Silver cart and I lost my save game with my shiny red Celebi WHICH I GOT LIGITAMETLY THROUGH A NINTENDO EVENT!!!! CHEATING = BAD!!!!
OK. I'll stop now.
[/rant]
Yeah,sorry, I haven't played gold in years(my battery died and I got older too:p), but this hack has really caught my attention, since u can get every poke and still trade with standard versions ;)
also, I think zel is one of the hardest working hackers in the community, and a great scriter too, keep it up!
Btw, I really love those little fixes(on new bark), those bugs were really annoying :S

shinygoldash
September 15th, 2007, 03:53 AM
hey zel,i was thinking.there could be a small reigion like the sevil islands and have it the the place where carlos comes from. you could also put some of the islands there for pokemon like deoxys

Shiun Enshidia
September 15th, 2007, 04:06 AM
I like the phone idea, with telephone, this is sounding more like Gold everyday.
Did you know there are several places which are actually hidden in Violet City? There is a way to reach them but I'd rather not say as its pretty obvious. If I could get a map of them would you use them? Or are you sticking to what Pokemon Gold has to offer and not what not made the cut?

Apple Inc.
September 15th, 2007, 07:54 AM
hey zel,i was thinking.there could be a small reigion like the sevil islands and have it the the place where carlos comes from. you could also put some of the islands there for pokemon like deoxys

There isnt any more room in the Rom. He made Johto off of the Sevii Islands. I think Carlos came from Kanto because he cut through new bark town to battle you the first time and as you may know the route East of New Bark town is Kanto.

@zel@ Will the Johto map be in the next Beta. Mastermind_x has returned from vacation so the tutorial should be up soon.

shinygoldash
September 15th, 2007, 08:54 AM
then i have an idea for where the other legendaries go:
1.groudon-victory road
2.kyogre-mt.mortor
3.mew-mt.silver
if there isn't much space left how come he's putting extras in like the trick house

hey zel,i was thinking are u gonna keep cerulean cave open.that's pratically the only way to get mewtwo.oh yh in the opening u could put the battle frontier extended opening in it.it's only an idea.good luck zel,yer almost there

Veng3anc3
September 15th, 2007, 09:27 AM
oh-ho screenies! *rubs hands together* looks good like very very good o_o whats this PokeBeeper though i think i missed that (add on to the phone card? o0) keep it up!!

dirk123
September 15th, 2007, 09:29 AM
then i have an idea for where the other legendaries go:
1.groudon-victory road
2.kyogre-mt.mortor
3.mew-mt.silver
if there isn't much space left how come he's putting extras in like the trick house

hey zel,i was thinking are u gonna keep cerulean cave open.that's pratically the only way to get mewtwo.oh yh in the opening u could put the battle frontier extended opening in it.it's only an idea.good luck zel,yer almost there

1. Zel has all the Legendary Locations planned out already.
2. If you played the latest beta, you will notice that the cave entrance of Mewtwo's Cave is moved, although blocked, since it isn't mapped yet.

shinygoldash
September 15th, 2007, 09:45 AM
i'm looking into the future.how will we get him them

thanks mate that helps a lot

OH yh.i can imagine game freak cowering.mwuhahahah!
i can't wait to play the final version.it's gonna be so cool

i wonder if zel will win another award when he is finished with this hack

Barker
September 15th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Just thought I'd poke my head in and tell how awesome I think it is that you've come up with these great ideas to replace the Pokegear. The new title screen looks great. I love the graphics for this game..

Just awesome.

Team Poison
September 15th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Zel you have come along way since the beggining cant wait till the final thing is done!

Rob2243
September 15th, 2007, 09:53 PM
zel were can i get your tiles?

Leadgamer
September 15th, 2007, 11:43 PM
Great Screens :D Love the new Title screen!!!

Crosell
September 16th, 2007, 01:00 AM
I see Progress is going good :D
I'm waiting for a long time to play a finished version of Shiny Gold :P
It takes a while but as i see it now it won't be so long anymore..
Succes on Shiny Gold zel..

porkplan
September 16th, 2007, 02:11 AM
I NEED HELP! i am currently in blackthorn city I just defeated claire and went to dragon's den, i forgot to teach whirlpool to my pokemon so i got clampearl from the pc but it isn't holding any item! help, i am already in blackthorn where do i get whirlpool? do i need to do this thing from the beggining again? noooooooooooo...!!!!!!!

dirk123
September 16th, 2007, 02:23 AM
I NEED HELP! i am currently in blackthorn city I just defeated claire and went to dragon's den, i forgot to teach whirlpool to my pokemon so i got clampearl from the pc but it isn't holding any item! help, i am already in blackthorn where do i get whirlpool? do i need to do this thing from the beggining again? noooooooooooo...!!!!!!!

If you read the Walkthrough on page 1, then you would have known that Clamperl already knows WHIRPOOL.
Next time check the walkthrough

shinygoldash
September 16th, 2007, 04:59 AM
man this game is good.zelyou could make an underground town where carlos lives.it'd be like a batch of secret bases and trainers to take on.it would be so cool.it's only an idea.i've been thinking for ages so tell me if it's a stupid idea if u wanna.

Paultjuuh
September 16th, 2007, 05:04 AM
Hey everyone,

I cant get through victory road: I cant find a way through the ice path to the right

Can anyone help?

shinygoldash
September 16th, 2007, 05:46 AM
what ice path next to victory road.if yer talkin about the ice path that goes to blackthorn you might have a bad rom or beta 3

Paultjuuh
September 16th, 2007, 05:52 AM
i mean when you enter victory road.I cant get through it: when i take the ladder to the right i cant find my way through the ice part. ill always end up in the grass part. is there a walkthrough for the victory road?

Paultjuuh
September 16th, 2007, 06:09 AM
img524.imageshack.us/img524/237/pokemonvictoryroadsh9.png is the url for the picture

heres the link. Im still wondering how you got through victory road then since im pretty sure you have to get through an ice part to the right

anyway thanks for your help

Id give it 8/10!
would be great!!

bobmarleypeople
September 16th, 2007, 06:13 AM
i really hope that zel could try to put the pokemon battle frontier extended opening in.it would be so cool.go on youtube and look at
"pokemon battle frontier opening"and tell me if u think it would be good in shiny gold put it a number out of ten i'd give it 9/10

Uhh...not sure why you want it in cos the opening kinda sucks, unless you mean the fact that CARLOS IS IN THE OPENING!!!

See attachment to understand (not enough posts to link to outside yet)

EDIT: is it just me, or does that background kinda look like that bit from Phoenix Wright where their head moves in and there's the green/blue background XD

Went
September 16th, 2007, 06:21 AM
-Hits his head against a wall- WTF? The battle frontier opening? O.o Why, in the world? Do you know how amazingly impossible would be to insert that into a ROM? And that guy isn't Carlos, is Noland, they look similar but aren't the same person. And the same goes for the underground town or whatever: thre is a limited amount of pokemon you can battle against in a trainer battle. If there is room for more trainers, zel has already planned the Battle Tower in Vermillion, soo...

trevor813
September 16th, 2007, 06:37 AM
i got a question for u zel but ill wait when u done postin ^_^

zel 2.0
September 16th, 2007, 06:45 AM
One thing I was wandering though is whether you're gonna include the stat boosting berries (salac, starf, ganlon etc) cos since every pokemon will be obtainable i thought it'd b good if all the berries were as well, (maybe one as a trick house reward?) Anyway, keep up the good work!!!

We talked recently about putting the Berry Shop around Saffron, I still haven't done it, though.
And, as an early prize of the Trick House, yeah, sounds good to me (seeing as it's hard to decide on extra prizes for extra locations, suggestions are always welcome)

hey zel,i was thinking.there could be a small reigion like the sevil islands and have it the the place where carlos comes from.

As a matter of fact, he comes from an unknown region (I called this region TAO when I was doing a Pokemon project for RPG Maker). But it is known that he has been wandering around other regions before reaching Johto, and he's kinda like the Ash, leaving his pokes on his PC whenever he switches regions, which means you never know when he'll go to his PC and bring something different next time.
All this talk about Carlos reminded me that I have switched his base party for the "normal" version of SG, I want to see how well this new party will do against all of you.

Did you know there are several places which are actually hidden in Violet City? There is a way to reach them but I'd rather not say as its pretty obvious. If I could get a map of them would you use them? Or are you sticking to what Pokemon Gold has to offer and not what not made the cut?

Hmmm... Are you meaning in the original Gold, or in my hack? And, if you need to use a cheat in order to reach those places, then I'm not interested.

@zel@ Will the Johto map be in the next Beta. Mastermind_x has returned from vacation so the tutorial should be up soon.

We have some time before the next release, so if he posts it, or lets me know, I'll try to see what I come up with, if I fail, I'll leave it as it is for B5 and retry later for B6 (I doubt I'll fail, though... *overconfident*)

zel were can i get your tiles?

Just PM me.

i mean when you enter victory road.I cant get through it: when i take the ladder to the right i cant find my way through the ice part. ill always end up in the grass part. is there a walkthrough for the victory road?

Well, that ladder actually just leads to a section where all you'll be able to find is an item. Try one of the other ladders in the main chamber.

i really hope that zel could try to put the pokemon battle frontier extended opening in.it would be so cool.go on youtube and look at
"pokemon battle frontier opening"and tell me if u think it would be good in shiny gold put it a number out of ten i'd give it 9/10
Uhh...not sure why you want it in cos the opening kinda sucks, unless you mean the fact that CARLOS IS IN THE OPENING!!!

See attachment to understand (not enough posts to link to outside yet)

Well, I got a bit confused on all of this "opening" you were talking about. But, somehow, you got me laughing for a while (I don't really know why... but... :laugh:)

Alright, here's the last bunch of fixes' screenshots. Not too much to see (mainly some tiles, calling Mom and Elm on the Phone Booth, receiving a PokéBeeper message (too bad I can't show how it makes "beep") and a little script fixing on the old guy at Cherrygrove), so next time there'll be more interesting and new stuff...
There are more fixes than that, but I didn't want to proceed that much into the game to show them, or it's not that easy to show them in a screenshot...

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/8810/image008kg2.png http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/1707/image009ov3.png http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/8855/image010ep1.png http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/6452/image011bl2.png http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/9403/image012ph6.png http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/8636/image013vk5.png http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/8509/image014ry1.png

Corona
September 16th, 2007, 06:50 AM
We talked recently about putting the Berry Shop around Saffron, I still haven't done it, though.
And, as an early prize of the Trick House, yeah, sounds good to me (seeing as it's hard to decide on extra prizes for extra locations, suggestions are always welcome)

As a matter of fact, he comes from an unknown region (I called this region TAO when I was doing a Pokemon project for RPG Maker). But it is known that he has been wandering around other regions before reaching Johto, and he's kinda like the Ash, leaving his pokes on his PC whenever he switches regions, which means you never know when he'll go to his PC and bring something different next time.
All this talk about Carlos reminded me that I have switched his base party for the "normal" version of SG, I want to see how well this new party will do against all of you.

Hmmm... Are you meaning in the original Gold, or in my hack? And, if you need to use a cheat in order to reach those places, then I'm not interested.

We have some time before the next release, so if he posts it, or lets me know, I'll try to see what I come up with, if I fail, I'll leave it as it is for B5 and retry later for B6 (I doubt I'll fail, though... *overconfident*)

Just PM me.

Well, that ladder actually just leads to a section where all you'll be able to find is an item. Try one of the other ladders in the main chamber.

Well, I got a bit confused on all of this "opening" you were talking about. But, somehow, you got me laughing for a while (I don't really know why... but... :laugh:)

Alright, here's the last bunch of fixes' screenshots. Not too much to see (mainly some tiles, calling Mom and Elm on the Phone Booth, receiving a PokéBeeper message (too bad I can't show how it makes "beep") and a little script fixing on the old guy at Cherrygrove), so next time there'll be more interesting and new stuff...
There are more fixes than that, but I didn't want to proceed that much into the game to show them, or it's not that easy to show them in a screenshot...

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/8810/image008kg2.png http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/1707/image009ov3.png http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/8855/image010ep1.png http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/6452/image011bl2.png http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/9403/image012ph6.png http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/8636/image013vk5.png http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/8509/image014ry1.png

Those are awesome

Is that a new grass tile I see?

Dr.Garchomp
September 16th, 2007, 06:52 AM
Wow, I love the lamposts and all the other diamond and pearl tiles. Do you plan on changing all of the tiles to be like ones from D/P?

Went
September 16th, 2007, 06:54 AM
Nice bushes and the streetlamps are really nice. I noticed you also changed the railroad. The game looks better and better! But... the rock in the beach still has a problem :P (just above Gold's head)

once in a blue mew
September 16th, 2007, 06:55 AM

I love the Phone Booth. The sign box looks a lot like the text box from D/P And you might as well put all D/P Tiles while you're at it, because I'm noticing a lot of D/P tiles, like the gym, trees, PC's, and PM's. I love the hack, please don't quit. And another little question, when will Beta 5 be released? And PokeBeeper?

trevor813
September 16th, 2007, 06:56 AM
nice screenies ^_^ so where the battle tower is right in where surge is how is the battle tower gonna work???

Binary
September 16th, 2007, 07:24 AM
Wow the pictures are great!!!
I dont have words.
Keep it up

zel 2.0
September 16th, 2007, 07:24 AM
JoyRide: Don't know which grass are you refering about... I think all the grassy stuff has already been shown in the thread.

Dr.Garchomp: No, the idea still is to make the hack a "mix" of generations, with some tiles from Gold, some from FR and some from DP (It would have all the DP tiles if this were a remake of DP, which is not)

Went: No, it's the rock's shadow... >.< (Nah, I'm just joking... I didn't really made a correct tile for that, I know, I know, tile changing stuff... -_-)

once in a blue mew: And I still want to improve my PC and Mart tiles (not my Gym, I'm happy with it ^^)
Funny... I haven't touched the textboxes... :P
No releasing dates asking, thanks. It'll come out when I feel it's time.

trevor813: I'm still not implementing that area (I guess once I finish the next Beta, I'll have a good guess of how many trainers I can take advantage from... But, just a little spoiler...)
Phantom Trainers... OoO (What do I mean with that? Hmmmm)

shinygoldash(which is kinda funny to see members with Shiny Gold as their usernames XD): But, the intro has Pokemon fighting and all that stuff... I don't really want to change the intro, as there are more important stuff to work on, if you were refering about modifying the intro.
And about the Trick House, it is available since the beginning, so there's no need for keys for enabling anything. It follows the basic idea of the Trick House: Whenever you beat a Gym, the puzzles change in order to use the new skills gotten.

JOOra
September 16th, 2007, 07:46 AM
I'm liking the phone booth ideia, but isn't it a bit too much two in the same screen?
I think only one per city would be enough, but it's ur hack....
Keep it up!

bobmarleypeople
September 16th, 2007, 08:00 AM
trick house????? O_O **loads up VBA to find it**

shinygoldash
September 16th, 2007, 08:03 AM
the trick house will be in beta 5
i wonder when it'll come out.i know it's soon

zel is the best hacker i have ever heard of.

Midnight Beat
September 16th, 2007, 08:11 AM
trick house????? O_O **loads up VBA to find it**

Don't waste your time, it wont be there until beta 4.

hi sir tomato my password is syvniti
September 16th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Great hack zel, i relly cant belive that i have been reading like the 175 last pages of shiny golds forum, Shiny gold is the reason to i join this plase, so keep up, and your new tiltle i locking great!!!

shadoweevee
September 16th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Don't waste your time, it wont be there until beta 4.

you mean beta five right?

Paultjuuh
September 16th, 2007, 09:03 AM
@shinygoldash: there is no way to get to the boulder in that area, im pretty sure. also the other ladders wont get me further :S anyway this game is super and i hope to get further :)

Vincent11998
September 16th, 2007, 09:09 AM
When I went to Goldenrod City,my name changed from VINCENT to VINNT. Is this a glitch?

martauros
September 16th, 2007, 09:39 AM
When I went to Goldenrod City,my name changed from VINCENT to VINNT. Is this a glitch?

Yes, the same problem happens to me! Zel, maby when you'll enter 6 or 7 letters name, the game will cut it (makes 2 letters shorter). I had Marcin, and when I saved and load the game, it cuts it to "marn":\

pizzakoe
September 16th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Hya Zel!!

Has Mastermind_X already send you the tutorial to edit the Map?
I really hope so!

O jeah! Also:
I was Thinking, Could'nt you change The Rivals Script to a "just-a-trainer" script?
I mean just like you did with Bugcatcher Ard and Carlos!
Because if you do that you can give Lance the Champion Title,
(and also: If you save your game and start it again, there is the text:"you beated the Champion" If you only won a random battle to it :S! If you Give him the Normal trainer status, this wont happen)

Pizzakoe

Went
September 16th, 2007, 09:40 AM

Yes,it's one of the legendary glitches no one knows how it happens. Can you give some information of what you did before?

Midnight Beat
September 16th, 2007, 10:03 AM
you mean beta five right?

Oh, yeah yeah yeah....beta 5 not 4.

Vincent11998
September 16th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Yes,it's one of the legendary glitches no one knows how it happens. Can you give some information of what you did before?
When this glitch happened,I went to Goldenrod City and talked to this Pokemon Name Rater and than my name changed.

shinygoldash
September 16th, 2007, 10:06 AM
is carlos going to be at the battle tower cuz u could have a room where u can face all yer rivals.i heard that in the original u could face the rival(you choose the name)in pallet town once u had all 16 badges .are u going to do that or have him at the battle tower.
YOU'RE THE BEST ZEL! if u want me to give u the maps for mt silver just pm me

cool name change!i wonder what name won't get glitched........i have it.the name that won't be glitched..........ZEL(lol)

shadoweevee
September 16th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Hya Zel!!

Has Mastermind_X already send you the tutorial to edit the Map?
I really hope so!

O jeah! Also:
I was Thinking, Could'nt you change The Rivals Script to a "just-a-trainer" script?
(and also: If you save your game and start it again, there is the text:"you beated the Champion" If you only won a random battle to it :S! If you Give him the Normal trainer status, this wont happen)
is carlos going to be at the battle tower cuz u could have a room where u can face all yer rivals.i heard that in the original u could face the rival(you choose the name)in pallet town once u had all 16 badges .are u going to do that or have him at the battle tower.

cool name change!i wonder what name won't get glitched........i have it.the name that won't be glitched..........ZEL(lol)

Is there even going to be a battle tower in shinygold?

Pizzakoe
Or maybe he could make a new just-a-trainer script and for the music on the script would a clone of the champion music (I don't know if you can do that or not just making a suggestion)

Went
September 16th, 2007, 10:55 AM

Pizzakoe

Or maybe he could make a new just-a-trainer script and for the music on the script would a clone of the champion music (I don't know if you can do that or not just making a suggestion)

The problem of giving someone the champion title is that that person will automatically get the rival's name. Knowing it, he gave him that title, changed it to "rival", and now, since that music can't affect anyone more, he will change it for the GSC rival music. If he uses a random title, changes it for "champion" and changes its music for the G/S/C champion music, he would be changing all the music of all the normal battles! Up to date, there isn't any other solution.

And what do you mean with the "just-a-trainer" script?

Pokemon_X
September 16th, 2007, 12:50 PM

actually the place you fought your rival in g/s/c was when you tried to enter the E4 he sometimes showed up and challenged you the trainer in viridian was either a trainer with a lv. 50 of each of the johto starters or the last person you gave a mystery gift(i don't remember if there was anything in pallet (except Oak who gave you the permision to enter mt. silver) though)

trevor813
September 16th, 2007, 12:56 PM
i see well do what u gotta do zel ;)

shadoweevee
September 16th, 2007, 01:02 PM
The problem of giving someone the champion title is that that person will automatically get the rival's name. Knowing it, he gave him that title, changed it to "rival", and now, since that music can't affect anyone more, he will change it for the GSC rival music. If he uses a random title, changes it for "champion" and changes its music for the G/S/C champion music, he would be changing all the music of all the normal battles! Up to date, there isn't any other solution.

regular trainers, I'm talking about just making another trainer class and assigning a clone of the champion music to that new trainer class. (if you can do that at all)

Zowayix
September 16th, 2007, 04:08 PM
hmm... strange about all the name changing, but my name in ShinyGold is "Zowayix" and it hasn't changed at all...

And I think that there seem to be too many phone booths in Goldenrod City.

Is it possible to add an extra trainer BGM to the game, that is, to add another trainer BGM without overwriting an existing one?

Pieandcowz
September 16th, 2007, 05:28 PM
great game but my save file got corrupted and i had to start all over....

pokebreederzero
September 16th, 2007, 05:43 PM
I started working on a Locations Pokedex for this game yesterday. I wonder if Zel will let me post it if it ever gets finished, or if he wants to keep the location of rare Hoenn Pokemon a secret? I've only found 4 different ones so far (Poochyena, Wingull, Nincada, and Zigzagoon) but I intend to keep trying until I find them all.

shadoweevee
September 16th, 2007, 05:55 PM
I started working on a Locations Pokedex for this game yesterday. I wonder if Zel will let me post it if it ever gets finished, or if he wants to keep the location of rare Hoenn Pokemon a secret? I've only found 4 different ones so far (Poochyena, Wingull, Nincada, and Zigzagoon) but I intend to keep trying until I find them all.

you'll have to pm him for that

zel 2.0
September 16th, 2007, 07:19 PM
I'm liking the phone booth ideia, but isn't it a bit too much two in the same screen?
I think only one per city would be enough, but it's ur hack....
Keep it up!

Well, Goldenrod is a big city, don't you think it would be reasonable to have more than one phone booth there? (yeah, all of them have the same effect, anyway)

sorry zel. i got a bit carried away.can i help u.i have played every game so i could tell u some ideas through pm ing. could u tell me if u would like to have me as a helper.shiny gold rocks

SHINY GOLD RULES!

No, I don't need any help for now. I'll ask when I do.

Great hack zel, i relly cant belive that i have been reading like the 175 last pages of shiny golds forum, Shiny gold is the reason to i join this plase, so keep up, and your new tiltle i locking great!!!

175 pages... Hmmm... Close to the >200 that I had to read for the FAQs in this thread's first post :P

Yes, the same problem happens to me! Zel, maby when you'll enter 6 or 7 letters name, the game will cut it (makes 2 letters shorter). I had Marcin, and when I saved and load the game, it cuts it to "marn":\

I'm sure that it must be some problem in the rom you are using, but... who knows? It's still a mystery to me...

When this glitch happened,I went to Goldenrod City and talked to this Pokemon Name Rater and than my name changed.

Name Rater causes the problem...? Confirmations Anyone?

Yeah, if you want to do it, go ahead and give me a link when you are finished.

Well, for the "Trainer Class" assignation to Silver, remember, it's related to the BGM for him. If it's possible to change the BGM that will be played for the trainer to be battled (most likely ASM would be needed), then I'll fix that.

Okay, these will be the beginning of the screenshots of new stuff!
And we start with Rock Tunnel.

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/9156/image015bc0.png http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/9379/image016pa8.png http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/7668/image017nj2.png

That's all. Don't think I'll be posting new screenshots every day, it's gonna be a little slower this time ;)

[EDIT]: Oops... I forgot to tell that I am working on the Trick House's maps. So far I have 8 out of 11 maps available for the next Beta.

Yellow Magikoopa
September 16th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Oh, so you're hacking Kanto now? Awesome job!

SerenadeDS
September 16th, 2007, 07:27 PM
Yes! It's the season for Screenies! ^^ I cant wait to see what you have to offer.. Good Luck Zel!

Pieandcowz
September 16th, 2007, 08:03 PM
this game is so awesome hacked XD

shadoweevee
September 16th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Well, Goldenrod is a big city, don't you think it would be reasonable to have more than one phone booth there? (yeah, all of them have the same effect, anyway)

[EDIT]: Oops... I forgot to tell that I am working on the Trick House's maps. So far I have 8 out of 11 maps available for the next Beta.

I still think it's a bit too many but its your hack so do what you what (as long as it stays so cool)

Awesome! I want to see more pics of the trick house (or know where it's located at)

Edit: Zel your almost at 1000 posts! that's a lot! way more than my puny 68. Congrats

Yellow Magikoopa
September 16th, 2007, 08:19 PM
I JUST now saw your youtube video. Seems like a good and original idea to add phone booths.

Barker
September 16th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Awesome, Rock Tunnel.

Just seeing those few screens has me pumped.

Kazan22
September 16th, 2007, 08:33 PM
I gotta say nice work Zel! This is one of the best hacks I've seen thus far.
I've read all these pages and one thing I've been wondering: why are people so worked up over the BGM? ya music can set the mood but is it really that important that people have to act like they're gonna die if it's not fixed or implemented? I personally jsut shut off the sound on the game so I can use the speed button and I listen to my own music but that's jsut me.
but nevertheless; keep up the good work!

Shiun Enshidia
September 16th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Re: Other maps
I see. For the record, in the original Gold, if one used *insert unacceptable method* to walk through walls from the East Ruins of Alph entrance, if you walked north, you would find a house with 2 signs and a mountain and if you walked south...you would find a cave with some water, neither led anywhere. Sorry to waste time, I was trying to find SOMETHING to help with...

Veng3anc3
September 16th, 2007, 09:57 PM
:o rock tunnel :o missing kangaskhan :ooo >_> cool screens keep it up zel!
i wonder wut this trick hopuse is gone be like ;O

thethethethe
September 17th, 2007, 12:32 AM
I still think it's a bit too many but its your hack so do what you what (as long as it stays so cool)

Awesome! I want to see more pics of the trick house (or know where it's located at)

Edit: Zel your almost at 1000 posts! that's a lot! way more than my puny 68. Congrats

Wasn't a pic posted about 10 or so pages ago, showing that the trickhouse was in the route above the ruins of alph, in the route as the guy who gives you rock smash. If not, maybe I'm imagining things.

Ripper
September 17th, 2007, 12:47 AM
Nope, you're spot on... Unless it's been moved sine?

birthofdna
September 17th, 2007, 04:14 AM
Wow. Rock Tunnel looks way different (and so much sweeter) than it did in FR/LG.

Gamewhale
September 17th, 2007, 07:02 AM
Haven't been on PC for a while.

So Zel, are there gonna be any more battles with Carlos in the next Beta?

zel 2.0
September 17th, 2007, 07:20 AM

As it was told, it's located at Route36, a good spot in my opinion, because you'll be wandering around that route many times.

I gotta say nice work Zel! This is one of the best hacks I've seen thus far.
I've read all these pages and one thing I've been wondering: why are people so worked up over the BGM? ya music can set the mood but is it really that important that people have to act like they're gonna die if it's not fixed or implemented? I personally jsut shut off the sound on the game so I can use the speed button and I listen to my own music but that's jsut me.
but nevertheless; keep up the good work!

Well, still, changing the BGMs is a good additional touch to make it look a bit more like Gold. But, of course, it's hard to replace all the BGMs so it'll take some time.

So Zel, are there gonna be any more battles with Carlos in the next Beta?

Let's see... Nope, there are a few battles with Ash&Pika and Jess&Jamie this time. Carlos will be around Pallet next time (with an important event for you)

Oh, well. Since I won't be online again till next Thursday (and that's why I'll disable my PMing again), I better show the rest of the Rock Tunnel screenshots:

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/5391/image018so1.png http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/4536/image020qs6.png http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/518/image021at5.png

By the way, that old guy is Fuji, good thing I haven't overwritten his OW :P
Yeah, another blocked area... Wonder what's inside? :laugh:
I think I will need a baby Kangaskhan OW sometime, but there's no rush for it yet.

Milanor
September 17th, 2007, 07:23 AM
http://pkmncommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67
But you have to post 4 or more screens of your hack, but you cant post urls without having 15 or more posts.

Binary
September 17th, 2007, 07:32 AM
Wow nice screens zel.
You rock dude!!
Cant wait for the next beta

Milanor
September 17th, 2007, 07:35 AM
From Here? (http://www.lu-ho.ch.vu/)
Btw, Zel i love your hack ^^.

pizzakoe
September 17th, 2007, 08:09 AM

What I mean with the "just-a-trainer" script is show him as just a random trainer which are everywhere in the game, but then Edit theyre script so you can encounter them more times (Just like he did with Carlos and the Bugcatcher guy)
And:

If zel gives Your Rival the title of RandomTrainer(like Carlos and Bugcatcher ard)
Then Zel is able to Give Lance the title of: Champion.

Do you Finaly understand what I mean?!:P

Went
September 17th, 2007, 08:32 AM
What I mean with the "just-a-trainer" script is show him as just a random trainer which are everywhere in the game, but then Edit theyre script so you can encounter them more times (Just like he did with Carlos and the Bugcatcher guy)
And:

If zel gives Your Rival the title of RandomTrainer(like Carlos and Bugcatcher ard)
Then Zel is able to Give Lance the title of: Champion.

Do you Finaly understand what I mean?!:P

Umm... yes. I think I understand. And what do you think the Rival scripts are? It's just a trainer which is programmed to appear in several places, like the other trainers. Like Carlos. The only difference is that he has a special music. And I repeat: if you call someone "Champion" in the game, he will take the rival's name, like Gary in Fire Red (in R/S/E that wouldn't happen). I guess he could pick another category, kill other random music and, via ASM, make that category have the Champion theme, but I don't know if that can be done, and that's not too vital for the game.

Kronos1000
September 17th, 2007, 08:54 AM
A question, in the original Gold you don't have to pass the Rock Tunnel, but that would mean you can skip this event, or will you do something so you really have to get through the Tunnel?

bobmarleypeople
September 17th, 2007, 09:21 AM
I have a feeling the route safron-lavender will be blocked off somehow, thus forcing us through the tunnel. What I'd like to request, nay, PLEAD to Zel, is to not use HM "flash" for several reasons:

1) It's awquered
2) I hate teaching it to a pokemon because I have to overwrite a usually good move unless I spend ages trying to find a pokemon that works with flash and I don't mind killing a move.

Other than that, the hack's really coming on well. Those random ghosts are a cool touch as well. This hack has already suppassed the original games (and if Zel somehow managed to make day/night in the game, he would be a hacking GOD!!!)

zel 2.0
September 17th, 2007, 09:24 AM
The Champion thing has already been confirmed, basically what Went said is correct.

And, Kronos1000, as you said, it's not absolutely necessary to go through the Rock Tunnel (though you may lose the event and a few items), because now I have opened the blocked gates to the Route to Lavender and the Route to Celadon from Saffron, so you can reach Lavender skipping the Tunnel now.
You cannot enter the Tunnel from Lavender, unless you've done the event with A&P in the Tunnel (and for that you can only do it entering from R10's entrance)

[EDIT]: And, answering to bobmarleypeople. Flash is still needed (sorry, if the original had it, then...) but only in one of the floors of the Rock Tunnel (the bottom one), you may end up surviving that floor without actually needing to use it, but, I don't know.

mackoo
September 17th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Flash is still needed
You are wrong - he could choose in VBA - Options -> Video -> Disable SFX :P

bobmarleypeople
September 17th, 2007, 10:35 AM

O_O didn't know that!!! Thanks. All hail emulation :P

pizzakoe
September 17th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Umm... yes. I think I understand. And what do you think the Rival scripts are? It's just a trainer which is programmed to appear in several places, like the other trainers. Like Carlos. The only difference is that he has a special music. And I repeat: if you call someone "Champion" in the game, he will take the rival's name, like Gary in Fire Red (in R/S/E that wouldn't happen). I guess he could pick another category, kill other random music and, via ASM, make that category have the Champion theme, but I don't know if that can be done, and that's not too vital for the game.

Yeah! I Finally Got it, thanks, And Sorry for me being so dumb:p!! (Where was I whith my mind..)

Paultjuuh
September 17th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Hey everybody! I finished Johto pokemon league and I dont know how to start kanto.. because the game starts automatically out of itself all over again.. Can anyone help me?

ChrisG14
September 17th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Hey everybody! I finished Johto pokemon league and I dont know how to start kanto.. because the game starts automatically out of itself all over again.. Can anyone help me?

Well, before you even started the game, you should have went to VBA Options --> Emulator --> Save Type --> Flash 64K.

Pieandcowz
September 17th, 2007, 02:31 PM
do you need help with any sprites? If you have aim or yahoo messenger pm me with it cause I can help you with a lot of stuff for the game.

Midnight Beat
September 17th, 2007, 02:31 PM

Um he didn't mean the flash 128k option on VBA he ment the HM flash, you know, like in the game.o_O

BurstX
September 17th, 2007, 02:56 PM
zel i love this hack the phone booth is a great idea and i love the new screenies, cant wait for beta 5

Zowayix
September 17th, 2007, 03:00 PM
note to bobmarleypeople: just catch an abra anywhere, it only knows teleport and it can learn HM05 flash.

Wonder what's going to happen with the baby kangaskhan...
Can't wait for beta5!

Apple Inc.
September 17th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Well, before you even started the game, you should have went to VBA Options --> Emulator --> Save Type --> Flash 64K.

its suppost to be changed to 128k

T.Guy
September 17th, 2007, 04:07 PM
This hack is impressive. I have been waiting for so long to play a Gold remake (which I can put my Johto pokemon on from my Fire Red, if that's possible) and explore in an advanced Johto. This hack is awesome, well done. I can't wait to buy a flash cart, so I can play it on the move (I hardly use the PC nowadays).

shadoweevee
September 17th, 2007, 04:27 PM

Um he didn't mean the flash 128k option on VBA he ment the HM flash, you know, like in the game.o_O

What I think he's talking about disables special effects in the game (ie flash) not using the flash move (I may be wrong but...)

thundermew
September 18th, 2007, 07:35 AM
This is definitely my favourite hack, I've been playing it for quite a while

GSC was the best out of the series so a remake is awesome

Sergio--
September 18th, 2007, 07:45 AM
Yeah.
Well Zel, I like to think that these days you're not only remaking but CREATING in the deep way.
This is sooo great, a remake is always good but... what you're doing now is better. It had got already new things but not like now.
Hey, could you spoil any of the new trick house's tricks?

pizzakoe
September 18th, 2007, 08:19 AM
Hya!

Say Zel, It sounds Kinda Weird and I don't no why you should do this but: Are you Going to change/remix the musics from Kanto, Also?

I repeat:
I don't no why you should, but maybe it will be better!!

Pizzakoe

shinygoldash
September 18th, 2007, 08:56 AM
u know.there could be a pikachu or lapras isle which has a pikachu beach where u can get shiny pichus in an egg and u could get a baby lapras from lapras river.zel,if u like the idea i'll pm u a map.

well next week,i'll send it onto here as well.bye

Pieandcowz
September 18th, 2007, 02:18 PM
I wonder if he will make cheats and then sell them secretly. Hehe

Katalyst
September 18th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Hey Zel, will you do the Trick House much trickier than R/S/E? I (and many others) would like if it is much trickier than before XD. Well, keep up!

Congrats for going over the 700 posts!

XD003
September 18th, 2007, 02:38 PM

that would be evil.... I love it :badsmile:

Ice Lightning
September 18th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Shiny Gold has been on my computer's favorite list for a long time, this is my favorite hack, hope ya keep up the good work. (P.S. if you need any one to scratch any pokemon I'm your guy :D)

Gerri Shin
September 18th, 2007, 03:49 PM

I wonder if he will make cheats and then sell them secretly. Hehethat would be evil.... I love it :badsmile:

Umm you both realize that zel said in an earlier post (I can't remember if it was on this thread or the old one) but since the base rom of SG is FR, FR cheats will work, but its pointless to use cheats as they remove the challenge (aka fun) of the game.

By the way, will the Pokemon research lab (formerly located on cinnibar) make a comeback, and if so will the player be able to recieve the old amber in pewter? (or possibly other fossils elsewhere)
thanks
awesome hack!

Pieandcowz
September 18th, 2007, 05:02 PM
will there be the trading thing ability for this hack? if so that would be awesome. Also will all the area's be put together other than looking like separate islands cause it really annoys the heck out of me.. One more thing. how do you get past those whirlpools in the water?

Zowayix
September 18th, 2007, 05:18 PM
@girafarig: in the original gold, you could get aerodactyl from an in-game trade, don't know if zel's going to keep that or something..

@Pieandcowz: Once you beat the Mahogany Town rocket hideout, Lance gives you a Clamperl that knows Whirlpool. Alternatively, you could try surfing for a LONG time on Routes 40/41 between Olivine and Cianwood, as there is a 1% chance of finding a Wailmer (which can learn Whirlpool) on those routes while surfing.

Midnight Beat
September 18th, 2007, 06:50 PM
will there be the trading thing ability for this hack? if so that would be awesome. Also will all the area's be put together other than looking like separate islands cause it really annoys the heck out of me.. One more thing. how do you get past those whirlpools in the water?

You can trade with other FR and LG roms (Or hacks of those roms) via VBA link, but I think Zel said that once we reach Pallet town we will be able to trade with Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald aswell.

milton
September 19th, 2007, 04:55 AM
I saw the pictures of next Beta.What Do you mean ''Baby kangashan''preEvo?

pizzakoe
September 19th, 2007, 05:53 AM
I saw the pictures of next Beta.What Do you mean ''Baby kangaskhan''preEvo?

NO he means Just a Little (Bluecoloured)Kangaskhan, If you look to a kagasjan picture, they are carying a baby, just like Kangaroo's do(hey!? KANGAroo KANGAskhan.. Hm..)

Heres a Picture: http://www.serebii.net/potw/Kangaskhan.jpg

Veng3anc3
September 19th, 2007, 05:55 AM
Noo, i think he means a small kangashkan like a baby? a small kangashkan im sure zel said some where he dosnt like making/adding fakemon's (eg. a pre evo kanga)
EDIT:Poo pizzakoe beat me to it -.-

Pieandcowz
September 19th, 2007, 02:09 PM
fire red cheats work for the game :) but the only ones i use are encounter less pokemon thing. where can i find a dragon pokemon to go to the 7th gymleader in that one cave...

shinyraichu
September 19th, 2007, 06:08 PM
I'm not sure if it was already asked, but do you plan anything for the Clefairy event in the next beta or any other beta? I mean the one just beyond Mt. Moon. It would be cool, but would require proper timing, something hard to find in a FR hack. Anyway, keep it up. Hopefully Beta 5 will be done before the new year.

shadoweevee
September 19th, 2007, 07:47 PM
I'm not sure if it was already asked, but do you plan anything for the Clefairy event in the next beta or any other beta? I mean the one just beyond Mt. Moon. It would be cool, but would require proper timing, something hard to find in a FR hack. Anyway, keep it up. Hopefully Beta 5 will be done before the new year.

If it was in the original gold it should be in shinygold

Edit: 70th Post! yay!

Short Range
September 20th, 2007, 12:57 AM
NO he means Just a Little (Bluecoloured)Kangaskhan, If you look to a kagasjan picture, they are carying a baby, just like Kangaroo's do(hey!? KANGAroo KANGAskhan.. Hm..)

Heres a Picture: http://www.serebii.net/potw/Kangaskhan.jpg

Lol, I think his name came from Genkis Kahn or something. He was a king or somethin' like that.

September 20th, 2007, 04:55 AM
Zel which legends is gonna be in the bete5? only celebi and ho-oh, bacause it woult be cool if there were one more... like it coult be tha we woult be able to go and get mewtwo, og moltres in some cave, or latias, and latios is in the leagaucave, that woult be so much much more cool, and shure make me start all over the game, so use your fantasy and a lagend, bacause why do it all need to be ind the end of the game?, some kind of sideqvis in the midle of a game woult make a lot more cool!!!!

seanmorely
September 20th, 2007, 04:58 AM
Lol, I think his name came from Genkis Kahn or something. He was a king or somethin' like that.

He was just the biggest conqueror of all time, nothing really important right? Both of you are correct. It ressembles a Kangeroo, but the used the name of Genghis Khan aswell.

Anyway, on topic. I'm really glad with the progress this hack is making and how innovative Zel is with scripting. The way you implemented the Phone and the Red Gyarados is quite amazing. If you manage to create the Free Roam for the 3 dogs, this hack will pretty much be Gold, but with newer graphics, more battles and new innovative storylines.

I don't really like starting all over, so I'm waiting for the final release version. I'm very curious how you'll implement all the legendary events, as we've gathered about 20 (?) legendaries over the first 3 generations. Will all be with new scripts and events, because starting off those things from scratch, would take an enourmous amount of time ...

Nicolas
September 20th, 2007, 05:15 AM
Zel which legends is gonna be in the bete5? only celebi and ho-oh, bacause it woult be cool if there were one more... like it coult be tha we woult be able to go and get mewtwo, og moltres in some cave, or latias, and latios is in the leagaucave, that woult be so much much more cool, and shure make me start all over the game, so use your fantasy and a lagend, bacause why do it all need to be ind the end of the game?, some kind of sideqvis in the midle of a game woult make a lot more cool!!!!

all pkmn are catchable in shinygold and in the future betas...
no only celebi and ho-oh, zel is currently working on mewtwo's lair beside bill's house on cerulean city...

Veng3anc3
September 20th, 2007, 05:59 AM
pretty stupid question (for zel) but do you want me to have a shot at a elm OW or are you getting one made in the future.. or what? :O

bobmarleypeople
September 20th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Zel is online, something wonderful is happening....maybe....I hope...XD

Ice Lightning
September 20th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Shiny Gold has been on my computer's favorite list for a long time, this is my favorite hack, hope ya keep up the good work. (P.S. if you need any one to scratch any pokemon I'm your guy :D)

Will any one ever listen to me?

Erimgard
September 20th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Zel probably won't need your help, and if you're interested in helping others, PM them or ask in their threads. don't spam this one please

zel 2.0
September 20th, 2007, 01:01 PM
No, sorry. No screenshots today, because this will be (as you can imagine) a pretty big Multi-Quote post. That's what happens when you are two days away :P

Well, I had to laugh at that one! :laugh:

do you need help with any sprites? If you have aim or yahoo messenger pm me with it cause I can help you with a lot of stuff for the game.

No, thanks. No need for help for now.

Wonder what's going to happen with the baby kangaskhan...
Can't wait for beta5!

I don't know why people started to believe you'd battle the Baby as a new Pokemon. You guys already know that I won't be inserting a new Pokemon, cause that makes you lose some "compatibility" with the other games. Besides, there's people already doing "new pokemon hacks", so you have to play those hacks if you want new pokemon.

Hey, could you spoil any of the new trick house's tricks?

Spoiling puzzles may do things a bit boring when you play the game, don't you think Sergio? I don't think I'll spoil them, but maybe I'll take a screenshot or two if it doesn't spoil too much.

Are you Going to change/remix the musics from Kanto, Also?

Plans are to change all the BGMs. This includes Kanto as well.

u know.there could be a pikachu or lapras isle which has a pikachu beach where u can get shiny pichus in an egg and u could get a baby lapras from lapras river.zel,if u like the idea i'll pm u a map.

well next week,i'll send it onto here as well.bye

I have tried giving a shiny pokemon egg some time ago. Unfortunately, the ASM code for the shiny thing doesn't work on eggs (it should be on when it hatches, I guess. But, who knows when will the egg hatch? You could be anywhere)

Three things: 1-I don't like cheats. 2-Making money out of a cheat is even more evil than making money out of a rom hack. 3-And, I'm not a :pirate:

Hey Zel, will you do the Trick House much trickier than R/S/E? I (and many others) would like if it is much trickier than before XD. Well, keep up!

Well, I'm having a hard time thinking wicked stuff to put in the puzzles. If they'll be trickier, that's something you'll have to judge when the time comes :)

where can i find a dragon pokemon to go to the 7th gymleader in that one cave...

If I'm not mistaken, Trapinch should be at the route south of Blackthorn (I may be mistaken). Or you can catch a Horsea at Whirl Islands and after some hard training it could become the best Pokemon in the whole Pokemon Universe... a Kingdra <3

Yes, it was asked in the old thread, but anyway. It's another Moon Stone, but I think I'll not use the timed-event for that particular event (may be overused and I don't want that). Probably will end up as a one time event getting mixed with J&J)

There are gonna be some legendary optional side-quests in the middle of the game. Cannot be giving too much info, but I think I mentioned who'd be those legendaries, anyway:
Jirachi and the three legendary dogs, though I need to implement and see if my idea works

I don't really like starting all over, so I'm waiting for the final release version. I'm very curious how you'll implement all the legendary events, as we've gathered about 20 (?) legendaries over the first 3 generations. Will all be with new scripts and events, because starting off those things from scratch, would take an enourmous amount of time ...

Yes, that's why I prefer to be dedicated on the game's normal gameplay, and not the legendaries right away. Most of them will be implemented in the final version, where I'll be more concentrated on making their events exclusively.

all pkmn are catchable in shinygold and in the future betas...
no only celebi and ho-oh, zel is currently working on mewtwo's lair beside bill's house on cerulean city...

Wrong. The Unknown Ruins will be available only after the next release. And I haven't started working on them yet, because first I need to reach Pewter.

pretty stupid question (for zel) but do you want me to have a shot at a elm OW or are you getting one made in the future.. or what? :O

I don't really need any spriting help for now (goes to Ice Lightning as well), we'll see in the future.

Gonna check the forums a bit more and then finish the last Trick House map. Don't spam or I'll go into :rambo:-mode, thanks!

destinedjagold
September 20th, 2007, 01:47 PM
zel, you're the best ever! Keep it up!

Pieandcowz
September 20th, 2007, 01:57 PM
I love you Zel............

PokemonSlave
September 20th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Wow, this looks great! Sorry if this has been asked, but do you know when the game will be completely finished? :nervous:
I'm so retarded, the answer's in your first post. *slaps forehead* :cross-eye

Krobelus
September 20th, 2007, 03:23 PM
I love you Zel............

Spam much? o.o

Anyway, Zel, played it, loved it, can't wait for the next beta! I like how you incorporated phone booths into it. Much easier than a Pokegear. Also love the new screenshots.

Good luck with this.

-Krobe

Nicolas
September 20th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Yay! Zel thx for correcting me for that...
By the way good luck on ShinyGold!

Oh yah zel thx for correcting me but then if shinygold will be completed..... all PKMN will be catchable right?

Midnight Beat
September 20th, 2007, 04:40 PM
all PKMN will be catchable right?

All of the 386 GBA pokemon will be catchable just not any Sinnoh PKMN.

Ripper
September 20th, 2007, 05:47 PM
How are certain phone events going to work? For instance, when you leave MR. Pokemon's house will you get a call direct, or will you have to walk over to a phone booth? Thanks!

shadoweevee
September 20th, 2007, 05:52 PM
How are certain phone events going to work? For instance, when you leave MR. Pokemon's house will you get a call direct, or will you have to walk over to a phone booth? Thanks!

I guess the beeper will tell you will have a message then you will go over to the nearest phone booth and answer it

Krobelus
September 20th, 2007, 06:33 PM
I guess the beeper will tell you will have a message then you will go over to the nearest phone booth and answer it

But then... there should (conveniently) be a phone booth in front of Mr. Pokemon's house, otherwise there would be no point in rushing back.

shadoweevee
September 20th, 2007, 06:37 PM
But then... there should (conveniently) be a phone booth in front of his house, otherwise there would be no point in rushing back.

Thats what I would guess would happen

PokemonSlave
September 20th, 2007, 06:44 PM
But then... there should (conveniently) be a phone booth in front of his house, otherwise there would be no point in rushing back.

He was being sarcastic.(I think) The phone events work just fine, I've tried the hack out and when I left Mr. Pokemon's house, I got the call from Prof. Elm.

Krobelus
September 20th, 2007, 06:52 PM
He was being sarcastic.(I think) The phone events work just fine, I've tried the hack out and when I left Mr. Pokemon's house, I got the call from Prof. Elm.

I wasn't.... I suppose you don't understand then. The phone booth is to replace the cell phone. And once you exit Mr. Pokemons house, your "cell phone" rings, but how could one have a cell phone, if there are only 'pay' phones? That's what were talking about.

But I'm sure Zel knows what to do. Perhaps Mr. Pokemon gets a call and tells the hero to hurry back? Just my opinion =P

-Krobe

September 20th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Okay, that is engoh, glad that you was able to read what i wrote.
Keep up you hack lock so pro!!!

bobmarleypeople
September 20th, 2007, 10:48 PM
It's really not hard to understand. At certain points, your beeper goes off with a message. I believe that some beepers can have small messages (kinda like a SMS only phone) so you can get a message of whoever (e.g. Elm after leaving Mr. Pokemon's house) and there will be a message on there. Or something like that...

shadoweevee
September 21st, 2007, 05:04 AM
It's really not hard to understand. At certain points, your beeper goes off with a message. I believe that some beepers can have small messages (kinda like a SMS only phone) so you can get a message of whoever (e.g. Elm after leaving Mr. Pokemon's house) and there will be a message on there. Or something like that...

Yeah I think thats what Zel is going to do.

Mastermind_X
September 21st, 2007, 05:35 AM
Okay, zel, good news. I finished another tutorial today. It's about the shiny hack again. You'll find it on my homepage.

hxxp://sfc.pokemon-inside.net/lesson.php?id=17&lang=en

(replace xx with tt)

zel 2.0
September 21st, 2007, 09:47 AM

What bobmarleypeople answered was the original idea of making a Beeper in-game, to receive text messages (with the same content as the Phone Calls from Elm), some differences show up because now it's a text message, but it still is kinda the same thing.
By the way, this doesn't means he updates whatever he'd be saying if you use a Phone to call him (you saw one of the last messages? I called him and he told me about his Pokemon getting stolen, that's when I just left Mr.Pokemon's house after getting his Beeper Call)

Okay, zel, good news. I finished another tutorial today. It's about the shiny hack again. You'll find it on my homepage.

hxxp://sfc.pokemon-inside.net/lesson.php?id=17&lang=en

(replace xx with tt)

Okay, I'll read it more carefully this weekend. Though if it's for the -all Pokemon Shiny- part, I've manually fixed making sure to call the ASM command whetever you want or not by adding events inside each Pokemon Center. So, I have that part covered in reality.
Though the random part seems interesting. Thanks for telling me and everyone! ^^
(We are waiting for the map thing, also XD)

So, I bring more screenshots. This time it's Lavender, and a bit of the event going on at the Radio (though it's a bit more complex than what you see in the picture, but I'm not revealing the whole event)

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/7792/image0222yw5.png http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/8274/image022el5.png http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1695/image0223ai5.png http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/6071/image023su6.png

Now I've got to script the trainers at the maps of the Trick House, and the items you'll get there as well (And 13 different ways of calling the Trick dude... :laugh:)

Mothernot
September 21st, 2007, 10:00 AM
The next beta will be AWESOME!

The trick house is a good idea Zel.:)

September 21st, 2007, 10:23 AM
Cool lock great, you was talking about skipping the, rock cave, please say what you mean...

Kronos1000
September 21st, 2007, 10:26 AM
He means that you don't need to go through the Rock Tunnel you can also go to Lavender from Saffron.

bobmarleypeople
September 21st, 2007, 11:02 AM
He means that you don't need to go through the Rock Tunnel you can also go to Lavender from Saffron.

But, as mentioned earlier in the thread, doing this will make you lose out on some special bits involving certain people and certain pokemon. Not sure if they're spoilers, but I also can't be bothered typing it out again. So just read back a bit to the bit about kangaskhan (whoops, gave that bit away).

On a slightly off topic note: I watched the original Japanese "ringu" today (Japanese version of the horror movie "the ring"). In my opinion, Japanese version owns the American version. But that's just me.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I found out about the Safari Zone that was originally going to be a part of Gold+Silver. It was never implemented but with a cheat cart (evil I know) you can access the unfinished safari zone (no wild pokemon programmed though). I'm betting that putting a safari zone into the game will be hard, but I guess you could use the current safari zone and edit the maps.

G/S/C Safari zone map (bit glitchy but you get the idea)
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f27/gulzarofgrass/SafariZoneGS.png

Alistair
September 21st, 2007, 11:30 AM
Lavender Town looks excellent, Zel. I do ave 2 things to say, though. One, the radio tower looks way too big. Two, the Pokémon House doesn't really match up with the rest of the town. you might want to change it. Other than that, Lavender town looks awesome. Keep up the awesome work, Zel.

stbplayer1P
September 21st, 2007, 12:21 PM
The Trick house is a grate Idea, there is just one thing isn't GS story before RSE story?

bobmarleypeople
September 21st, 2007, 12:31 PM
The Trick house is a grate Idea, there is just one thing isn't GS story before RSE story?

I'm guessing you're referring to the RSE pokemon available in the game. Well, since Firered and Leafgreen are technically before RSE, but they can support RSE pokemon, this is like them in that it can support ALL pokemon from RSE, FR/LG and GSC. This is like the ULTIMATE pokemon game!!!

Looking forward to the next BETA of course!

Zowayix
September 21st, 2007, 02:28 PM
are you talking about the timeline of the story? if so, then actually
RBY/RSE/FRLG all take place at the same time, which is 3 years before GSC/DP.

zel 2.0
September 21st, 2007, 09:16 PM
EDIT: Oh yeah, I found out about the Safari Zone that was originally going to be a part of Gold+Silver. It was never implemented but with a cheat cart (evil I know) you can access the unfinished safari zone (no wild pokemon programmed though). I'm betting that putting a safari zone into the game will be hard, but I guess you could use the current safari zone and edit the maps.

In fact, I have done that already, because I was already suggested to do that with that extra Safari Zone map (of course I gave my advanced touch to that map, so, it may be hard to notice it's that legendary map :P)
I have a screenshot of that place once I reach the screenshots of Fuchsia.

Lavender Town looks excellent, Zel. I do ave 2 things to say, though. One, the radio tower looks way too big. Two, the Pokémon House doesn't really match up with the rest of the town. you might want to change it. Other than that, Lavender town looks awesome. Keep up the awesome work, Zel.

Well, compare:

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/7190/radio2hs8.png
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/8298/radio1yy0.png http://img470.imageshack.us/img470/646/radio3cc1.png

Kinda the same heigth as the original (in fact, my version is a bit smaller XD)

And, what do you refer with "Pokemon house" (the one violet-colored is the original, which I'm leaving as it is, because I want to show it's more like a future of FR and not Red. If you were refering about the Pokemon Cemetery, where that old dude is looking at, then maybe I'll change. Though I don't know if I have a different kind of building in both tilesets (and that building is kinda like a "filler" when I run out of ideas or tiles)

I keep working. No screenshot release in this post, 'cause I've already released some in my last one. And, I also need to take it easy from now on...

Tony the Awesome
September 21st, 2007, 09:34 PM
This game is awesome
i love it!

destinedjagold
September 21st, 2007, 10:46 PM
Wow zel! I love the way you take each step with perfection!
The hack keeps getting better and better and I get more excited to play it!

The radio tower in Lavender.., I see Rocket grunts...
Hmm.., are they up to no good again? Eheheh... The usual Rocket life...

Anyway, I like it zel! Hope you won't stop (which I know you won't.)

Good luck!

bobmarleypeople
September 22nd, 2007, 01:40 AM
In fact, I have done that already, because I was already suggested to do that with that extra Safari Zone map (of course I gave my advanced touch to that map, so, it may be hard to notice it's that legendary map :P)
I have a screenshot of that place once I reach the screenshots of Fuchsia.

WOAH! You rock man. I didn't expect you to actually put it in at all! I'm sure loads of people are gonna be happy ^_^

Mastermind_X
September 22nd, 2007, 02:40 AM
(We are waiting for the map thing, also XD)

It's a huge amount of stuff to be explained. It will take its time. I surely won't forget about it. :-P