PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

MoonlightUmbreon
September 22nd, 2007, 02:49 AM
Awesome. lol

I think this game is amazing. You're an inspiration to my own project Zel. If possible, why don't you change the in battle music to a better version of Johto's? Just a suggestion, it would sorta add to the "Johto" experience if you know what I mean. This game is awesome, I've gotten hooked on this more than the real Crystal when it first came out!

~Paul.Addicted~
September 22nd, 2007, 05:10 AM
This hack looks great, i love the graphics, its awesome. Paul gives you a thumbs up, (Don't feel Special, he hardly ever does that)

Apple Inc.
September 22nd, 2007, 05:44 AM
Honestly, i think zel should edit the tilesets and use the ones from goldenrod and use that radio tower, i did that and everything stayed the same but the Pokemon tower turned into a tile disaster, which is for the radio tower

coolcobra77
September 22nd, 2007, 09:54 AM
i waited awhile to come back and the thread is still here yay!

Still is a great game... just one ? : how do i get Celebi... the guides you posted didin't tell me :(

SilencedShooter
September 22nd, 2007, 10:06 AM
This hack looks great, i love the graphics, its awesome. Paul gives you a thumbs up, (Don't feel Special, he hardly ever does that)

Wait a second, crazy 12 year old who thinks there Paul, if he hardly does that, shouldn't you feel special then?

bobmarleypeople
September 22nd, 2007, 10:20 AM
i waited awhile to come back and the thread is still here yay!

Still is a great game... just one ? : how do i get Celebi... the guides you posted didin't tell me :(

The guide on the first post already tells you how, but I'll give you the general idea:

When you first go to kanto, you will get the GS ball. Later, you will get a call from Prof Elm. The SS Aqua II will be in Virmillian now. Take it back and take the ball to Elm. He says "take it to kurt". Go to Kurt and he will take a look. Go round and do whatever for a few minutes. Then come back and Kurt will notice the forest acting strange. Go to the forest and put the ball in the shrine and Celebi will appear.

I'm so generous. I'm not like other people who will say
OMGWTFBBQ111 LOOK AT THE FIRST POST!!!!
or something. I'm kind ^_^

zel 2.0
September 22nd, 2007, 10:45 AM
The radio tower in Lavender.., I see Rocket grunts...
Hmm.., are they up to no good again? Eheheh... The usual Rocket life...

Not just the common grunts, but our friends J&J. Will we battle them? I don't know... (Well, I know, but won't tell XD)

It's a huge amount of stuff to be explained. It will take its time. I surely won't forget about it. :-P

No worries. We don't have anything better to do, we can wait :laugh:

Awesome. lol

I think this game is amazing. You're an inspiration to my own project Zel. If possible, why don't you change the in battle music to a better version of Johto's? Just a suggestion, it would sorta add to the "Johto" experience if you know what I mean. This game is awesome, I've gotten hooked on this more than the real Crystal when it first came out!

birthofdna is taking care of that, so direct your suggestions to him (I'll just insert what he sends me, trying to make it sound as close as what he originally makes)

Honestly, i think zel should edit the tilesets and use the ones from goldenrod and use that radio tower, i did that and everything stayed the same but the Pokemon tower turned into a tile disaster, which is for the radio tower

But, I want to keep the violet colored houses originally from FR, so I have to use that tileset, and deal with it the best I can.
In the end, it's just graphical stuff, so it really doesn't matter that much.

Well, finally finished the Trick House, seems to work fine, and I made a few nice puzzles, so I hope to at least, make the game a bit longer in gameplay :)
What's next. I need to see if there's more stuff to insert before progressing to the next Routes/Cities.

~*Pikafan*~
September 22nd, 2007, 10:48 AM
Awesome, Zel, you've got another thing done! Can't wait for Beta 5, but I will! :P

Lady Berlitz
September 22nd, 2007, 11:11 AM
Yes, none of us can wait.
But we are, and the line is still holding.

Black_Dragon
September 22nd, 2007, 11:15 AM
i found this thing when u go into the goldenrod coin place with ur bike u don't get off. has anyone reported this?

Lady Berlitz
September 22nd, 2007, 11:25 AM
Good observation.
I'm not sure if anyone's reported this, though...

Zowayix
September 22nd, 2007, 11:31 AM
Yes. It's been reported multiple times. Please read the first post next time before posting a glitch.

Pkmn-Master
September 22nd, 2007, 12:31 PM
speaking of going um... well... going fast in buildings, can you make it so that you can run anywhere? Like in D/P?

PokemonSlave
September 22nd, 2007, 12:38 PM
W00t! Good job for sticking it through and making an awesome game Zel. A year is a long time and a lot of people would have quit by now, so thank you very much in advance for making this sweet ROM! ^____^ I'm going to wait to permentally play the ROM until it's fully complete, it's making me just as excited and anxious like when I was waiting for D/P to come out! :P

Pieandcowz
September 22nd, 2007, 12:57 PM
its funny how the ghost tower thing looks like a modern day sky scraper but not as big... lol

Lady Berlitz
September 22nd, 2007, 01:05 PM
speaking of going um... well... going fast in buildings, can you make it so that you can run anywhere? Like in D/P?I'm not sure about that one. I think it's impossible...
But I also thought it was impossible to add a Phone Booth with every single detail.
So, we'll never know until Zel tells us :P

ball2000
September 22nd, 2007, 01:11 PM
i like the phones they relly look like a phone booth to me :D

dirk123
September 22nd, 2007, 02:45 PM
I started over once again and started gambling at the Game Corner.
I had a lot of coins, so I traded my earned coins for a Dratini. The Dratini which I got was poisoned o.o
It only happened once thus far

destinedjagold
September 22nd, 2007, 02:50 PM
Not just the common grunts, but our friends J&J. Will we battle them? I don't know... (Well, I know, but won't tell XD)

Heheh... Sounds exciting, zel... The old Team Rocket that never get's old (or do they...?)...

Well, best of luck, zel!

I'm not sure about that one. I think it's impossible...
But I also thought it was impossible to add a Phone Booth with every single detail.
So, we'll never know until Zel tells us :P

It's not impossible, though. In fact, it's very simple to do... I just use A-Map and the jb's done! Eheheh...

Alistair
September 23rd, 2007, 12:19 AM
For the Radio Tower, in the other screenshot, I couldn't see the top, which, to me, made it looks a bit big.

And Zel, I did mean the Pokemon Cemetary. I just couldn't think of the name at the moment.

bobmarleypeople
September 23rd, 2007, 03:41 AM
Question: Why are the unfinished cities so glitchy anyways? Surely they'd be the same as they were in the untouched firered game, or am I missing something?

(No Airplane "don't call me Shirley" jokes please)

pokemon1.0
September 23rd, 2007, 03:52 AM
Question: Why are the unfinished cities so glitchy anyways? Surely they'd be the same as they were in the untouched firered game, or am I missing something?

(No Airplane "don't call me Shirley" jokes please)

they're not the same because tile borders and the order of tiling was changed so in a result it messes up the towns 'look'

ive been away so i have a few questions..

will the item sprites for items like the mystery egg etc. be added into B5?

will we see new sprites (reposes/revamps) for the existing 386 pokemon in the hack?

o yeah and i suscribed to you on youtube, i love the new music you added to SG!, and i wish you the best, if you need revamps/sprites in general just ask! il always be here to help you or anyone else if they need it XD

shinygoldash
September 23rd, 2007, 04:25 AM
can someone tell me where i get an english advance map plz.
i really hope that that jirachi will be good.i love jirachis and weaviles lol.

Apple Inc.
September 23rd, 2007, 05:56 AM
they're not the same because tile borders and the order of tiling was changed so in a result it messes up the towns 'look'

will we see new sprites (reposes/revamps) for the existing 386 pokemon in the hack?

o yeah and i suscribed to you on youtube, i love the new music you added to SG!, and i wish you the best, if you need revamps/sprites in general just ask! il always be here to help you or anyone else if they need it XD

Probably not, he will do that when he thinks he needs to, besides thats not the most important thing, i dont even look at them

Definitely not because you dont need that in Shinygold, the sprites are fine just the way they are and that is unnessacary time wasted, the only sprites that need to be done are, Gold, Cystal, silver and a second red

shadoweevee
September 23rd, 2007, 06:50 AM
Probably not, he will do that when he thinks he needs to, besides thats not the most important thing, i dont even look at them

Definitely not because you dont need that in Shinygold, the sprites are fine just the way they are and that is unnessacary time wasted, the only sprites that need to be done are, Gold, Cystal, silver and a second red

I remember something about zel saying he would fix that in beta five

Pokemon_X
September 23rd, 2007, 07:16 AM
It's not impossible, though. In fact, it's very simple to do... I just use A-Map and the jb's done! Eheheh...
actually it should be impossiple, because using A-map would result in that you also can ride your bike anywhere(as far as I know)

Midnight Beat
September 23rd, 2007, 07:19 AM
actually it should be impossiple, because using A-map would result in that you also can ride your bike anywhere(as far as I know)

I might be wrong here but I've never seen anything on A-map for riding the bike. I think that's a scripting thing.

shadoweevee
September 23rd, 2007, 07:41 AM
I might be wrong here but I've never seen anything on A-map for riding the bike. I think that's a scripting thing.

I've seen a hack and all they did was make it so you could run and ride your bike inside
Edit this was on ruby btw

Midnight Beat
September 23rd, 2007, 07:45 AM
I've seen a hack and all they did was make it so you could run and ride your bike inside
Edit this was on ruby btw

Your probably right I was just taking a wild guess, but it would be the same for ruby and fire red because fire red was built off ruby.

Anyway, Zel those screens of Lavender look amazing!!!11!1!one!eleven I can't wait to see more of what you've done to kanto.

zel 2.0
September 23rd, 2007, 09:20 AM
Let's answer the questions first, and maybe later in another post I'll put more screenshots... I have to slow down from now on with my screenshot release madness, 'cause still there's some more stuff to do...

speaking of going um... well... going fast in buildings, can you make it so that you can run anywhere? Like in D/P?

I can try to play with AdvanceMap, I don't know if there was any map in which you could run and not use Bike/EscapeRope/etc
If there isn't well, bad luck, it's not like walking hurts THAT much... -_-

I had a lot of coins, so I traded my earned coins for a Dratini. The Dratini which I got was poisoned o.o

Are you sure it was poisoned and not with the "Pokérus"? :o

'Cause of the tile changes (that's what happens when you start putting new tiles without being too careful), with the new releases the cities will start looking better, as I will be fixing them.

I'm not that good spriter to sprite new items, if anyone who considers himself/herself good at spriting items, drop me a PM.
I also remember there was a list of items at the old thread, maybe? Well, the problem is that I don't want to use the stuff Platinum made for their game (unless permission could be gotten), or the stuff from serebiinet, 'cause I don't know how to do it (getting permission, or something like that, I'm kinda confused at what I'm writing at this moment, sorry)

About Pokemon reposes, that's something Marnic knows (he told me last time he made a few Pokes, though I don't remember which right now), so expect a few more for B5.

hi sir tomato my password is syvniti
September 23rd, 2007, 09:26 AM
Hopefully Fotos, Later, but not to much later, bacause i will go to bed soon, You Rock Zel....
By the way, i just found shiny gold beta 4 in denmark,,, tha pretty weird we dont got diamond and peal jet.....

thundermew
September 23rd, 2007, 10:22 AM
I have a good idea for the new legendary dogs event

How about, you go into the Burned Tower as usual, release the dogs as usual, but then they're sent to three new places, sort of like the Regis in R/S/E

~*Pikafan*~
September 23rd, 2007, 10:28 AM
Awesome, screenies soon. Yay.

Also, Zel, I think I know how to allow you to run indoors. Do you want me to tell you what I think?

shadoweevee
September 23rd, 2007, 12:49 PM
I have a good idea for the new legendary dogs event

How about, you go into the Burned Tower as usual, release the dogs as usual, but then they're sent to three new places, sort of like the Regis in R/S/E

Zel has already chosen the places where the legendarys go (but he won't tell because he doesn't to spoil it)

Zowayix
September 23rd, 2007, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by dirk123

Reply by Zel
Are you sure it was poisoned and not with the "Pokérus"? :o

Actually, Pokérus is connected to a running clock, meaning that it is impossible to get Pokérus in FR/LG unless you trade a pkmn from RSE over that has it, and if you do trade one over, it won't wear off like in RSE.
By the way, I was google searching some stuff earlier, and I found a few glitch reports in FireRed (the game cartridge) where a person would walk out of Diglett's Cave and one of their pkmn would be poisoned or something...
There was also a glitch report of someone having a poisoned pkmn and they exited Viridian Forest and the poison was healed...

Supreme Dirt
September 23rd, 2007, 01:52 PM
REALLY awesome hack.

The Sea Cavern when the boat sinks was one of the most awesome parts. The Lv 60 Aggron was pretty unexpected.

Anyways, will the Pokemon have new movesets at some point? As well, in the Dragon's Den, the rock that says only a true Dragon Master may pass (or something to that effect), will that be where Rayquaza will be found? Just taking a wild guess, but it seems a pretty good spot...

Apple Inc.
September 23rd, 2007, 02:56 PM
REALLY awesome hack.

The Sea Cavern when the boat sinks was one of the most awesome parts. The Lv 60 Aggron was pretty unexpected.

Anyways, will the Pokemon have new movesets at some point? As well, in the Dragon's Den, the rock that says only a true Dragon Master may pass (or something to that effect), will that be where Rayquaza will be found? Just taking a wild guess, but it seems a pretty good spot...

Well...... [This contains some info that u may not wanna know, proceed with caution] From what zel told me, that is Rayquaza's home so thats where hes found, SHHH

Lady Berlitz
September 23rd, 2007, 03:57 PM
Oh, that sounds interesting...
I'll pay attention to that.

Ho-oh arabia
September 23rd, 2007, 04:35 PM
can't find my post so i'll ask again. can the original music from Gold version be implemented in the remake please?

Midnight Beat
September 23rd, 2007, 04:41 PM
can't find my post so i'll ask again. can the original music from Gold version be implemented in the remake please?

I think Zel decided to use revamped Gold music.

Zet
September 23rd, 2007, 05:48 PM
I can't beat that damn slowpoke at the start, it always uses yawn than curse a lot than yawn again, curse a few more times, yawn one last time than takes me out with a few tackle attacks

zel 2.0
September 23rd, 2007, 06:46 PM
Awesome, screenies soon. Yay.

Also, Zel, I think I know how to allow you to run indoors. Do you want me to tell you what I think?

With a PM, yes.

Anyways, will the Pokemon have new movesets at some point?

No, let's stick to what Nintendo gave us originally so we don't play this game as if it were just a cheat.

I can't beat that damn slowpoke at the start, it always uses yawn than curse a lot than yawn again, curse a few more times, yawn one last time than takes me out with a few tackle attacks

Keep trying, in the end, it'll make a few mistakes, and you'll defeat it (did you remember to bring the Potion stored in your PC?) Welcome to SGX, by the way! :P

Well, since the rest of the Radio Tower's screenshots are really not that impressive, I'll post them, and you'll have to wait till I show the rest going now to Celadon.

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/2876/image024fq6.png http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/1066/image025mv1.png http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/8311/image026bi3.png

A few comments about all this are: The first and second screenshots difference is that in the first I still haven't resolved the problem at the Plant (so that's what you'd find if you try to get the Expansion Card without solving the problem there)
Another thing to comment is, that despite the lack of usefulness of the Radio Visio, it's still needed in order to receive the Expansion Card (which... in the end is the same old Pokéflute... meh... XD)

Nothing much to comment, being a bit lazy today really... -_-

Binary
September 24th, 2007, 08:44 AM
WOW!! Thoase screens are awesome dude,
Dont know how you do it

shinygoldash
September 24th, 2007, 10:40 AM
hey i played beta 2(on a proper shiny gold rom) and there was only two glitches lol.how cool

SSJ4 Furanki
September 24th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Your probably right I was just taking a wild guess, but it would be the same for ruby and fire red because fire red was built off ruby.

Let's answer the questions first, and maybe later in another post I'll put more screenshots... I have to slow down from now on with my screenshot release madness, 'cause still there's some more stuff to do...

I can try to play with AdvanceMap, I don't know if there was any map in which you could run and not use Bike/EscapeRope/etc
If there isn't well, bad luck, it's not like walking hurts THAT much... -_-

I know how you can run and bike through buildings, In Advance Map where it says Type under that says house change that to Route, Town or City, you'll be able to run in buildings, hope this helps.

Oh can't wait for the next beta, It's gonna rock.

dirk123
September 24th, 2007, 12:21 PM
No it wasn't pokerus, it was poisoned.
Could be a bug though, since it only happened once.
I went to "pokemon" in the menu and it had POISON status under his name.

Dr.Garchomp
September 24th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Keep trying, in the end, it'll make a few mistakes, and you'll defeat it (did you remember to bring the Potion stored in your PC?) Welcome to SGX, by the way! :P
Speaking of SGX, do you have to add the same maps and scripts to SGX like the original SG? It seems like a lot work.

shadoweevee
September 24th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Speaking of SGX, do you have to add the same maps and scripts to SGX like the original SG? It seems like a lot work.

I think he makes one version and copies it and edits that copy to be harder.

Apple Inc.
September 24th, 2007, 01:52 PM

No he doesn't, when he is done he makes a second game and boosts the levels with pet

shinyraichu
September 24th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Zel, about trainer sprites such as the Gym Leaders', did you make them, somebody else make them, rip them from the game, basically, how did you get them.

davibepor
September 24th, 2007, 02:37 PM
i just finished beta 4 x version, and it's amazing!
great work zel. i was wondering if the next shiny gold is gonna be a new beta or the complete final version, what do you say zel?
;p

shinyraichu
September 24th, 2007, 02:52 PM
It will be Beta 5. There will be 7 Betas.

Ho-oh arabia
September 24th, 2007, 03:38 PM
i didn't think so. I remeber him saying that in one post. sorry. BTW, if u have permission from Zel, get the advance map application and map inside of the ROM. I did that and I changed wild pokes too. great tool. made my own "legendary tower" where u could catch every legend. every level has its legend.

Prince Vaati
September 24th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Will the pokemon in MT.Silver be the same as on GSC, or will you change them around abit to make `em different?

destinedjagold
September 24th, 2007, 11:02 PM
Don't open the spoiler if you don't wanna know what I saw today...

Drat! I saw a Shiny Gold sale in the mall and the token PKMN was a Moltres! I hate salespeople these days!

Anyways, zel, I am too excited to play Beta 5.

Best of luck and always keep it up! ;)

bobmarleypeople
September 25th, 2007, 12:06 PM
[B][COLOR="Green"]Don't open the spoiler if you don't wanna know what I saw today...

Drat! I saw a Shiny Gold sale in the mall and the token PKMN was a Moltres! I hate salespeople these days!

YOU SAW WHAT?????????? Ooooh, Zel ain't gonna be happy.

spoiler in reply to destinedjagold's spoiler
I saw one on ebay the other day but it was removed when I went back to report it XD

EDIT: addition to spoiler above EVIL EBAY AUCTION (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/21-Pokemon-Games-on-your-PC-Ruby-Mystery-Dungeon-DBZ_W0QQitemZ130156403624QQihZ003QQcategoryZ112698QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) they're selling a load of games (including several hacks on this forum) for profit on CD. I don't have an ebay account so everyone get him owned. Thanks

EDIT 2: and another one (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pokemon-Collection-10-games-for-GBA-UK-Seller-No-reserv_W0QQitemZ250168423119QQihZ015QQcategoryZ112698QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting)

EDIT 3: Wow. there's loads. I'm just gonna make a new e-mail address and report them all. It's my duty to society!

stbplayer1P
September 25th, 2007, 03:55 PM
I'm guessing you're referring to the RSE pokemon available in the game. Well, since Firered and Leafgreen are technically before RSE, but they can support RSE pokemon, this is like them in that it can support ALL pokemon from RSE, FR/LG and GSC. This is like the ULTIMATE pokemon game!!!

That is not what I ment! I ment that the trick master haden't left his house yet to go on his adventure. So the event wouldn't be in the right order.

Dr.Garchomp
September 25th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Will the pokemon in MT.Silver be the same as on GSC, or will you change them around abit to make `em different?

Zel's pretty much changed the pokemon in all the dungeons, so yes, there will probably be hoenn pokemon in Mt.Silver.

Apple Inc.
September 25th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Trust me here, I will not neglect Shiny Gold or forget about it with Pokemon Shiny Silver having a thread

deepbluemew
September 25th, 2007, 07:46 PM
benn playing this hack up to violet city and itz good hoewver my pc died... lol :/

SSJ4 Furanki
September 26th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Well, zel your not gonna like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BNIB-GAMEBOY-ADVANCE-GAME-POKEMON-SHINYGOLD-VERSION_W0QQitemZ260162837635QQihZ016QQcategoryZ112698QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Another Pirated Shiny Gold Game on eBay

Well, anyways this is looking great, I have 2 questions:

1. Is Mewtwo going to be catchable? Cause I don't remember you saying if it was.

In case zel doesn't want people to know:
2. Did you end up using some of the Hoenn Pokemon Graphics I sent via PM?

Midnight Beat
September 26th, 2007, 05:00 PM
1. Is Mewtwo going to be catchable? Cause I don't remember you saying if it was.

Yup, all 386 pokemon will be catchable, even legendaries.

Alright, everyone listen!!! Zel is fully aware that Shiny Gold is being sold on eBay and in most smaller countries, it has been going on since beta 2. Hence the "Say no to pirates" slogan. There is nothing that any of us can do about it and no matter how many times you report it to eBay the best thing that can happen is that it will be taken off eBay. It will still be sold on all of those smaller countries. So, there is no reason to keep this conversation going, it's just spamming up the thread.

-end rant

SSJ4 Furanki
September 26th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Yup, all 386 pokemon will be catchable, even legendaries.

Alright, everyone listen!!! Zel is fully aware that Shiny Gold is being sold on eBay and in most smaller countries, it has been going on since beta 2. Hence the "Say no to pirates" slogan. There is nothing that any of us can do about it and no matter how many times you report it to eBay the best thing that can happen is that it will be taken off eBay. It will still be sold on all of those smaller countries. So, there is no reason to keep this conversation going, it's just spamming up the thread.

-end rant

Yeah, your right.

Well thanks for answering my first question.

Shiun Enshidia
September 27th, 2007, 06:29 AM
Its a shame that people steal your work but their is a non obvious upside. People consider your work so good, they steal it and make money from it. Its because your work is good enough to make money...that's a stupid thing to say.

I have a few questions. Are you going to increase the levels in the Kanto's Gym Leaders Pokemon?
Are you going to do anything with the museum? It was closed in Gold but you could always have an event there...it'd be a good way to make the other fossil pokemon avaliable I suppose...

Sorry if these have been answered.

Maxim
September 27th, 2007, 06:35 AM
Well, zel your not gonna like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BNIB-GAMEBOY-ADVANCE-GAME-POKEMON-SHINYGOLD-VERSION_W0QQitemZ260162837635QQihZ016QQcategoryZ112698QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Another Pirated Shiny Gold Game on eBay

In case zel doesn't want people to know:
2. Did you end up using some of the Hoenn Pokemon Graphics I sent via PM?

There are lots of Shiny Gold Pirates. We say no to all pirates. So, just ignore them. You won't stop the China.

About 386 Pokemon - I'm not really a big fan of this. Do you guys REALLY play a Gold Remake to catch lots of Pokemon? I think that kills the enjoyment of the hack, you focus on Pokemon instead of enjoying the hack. Original games are for catching. The only hacks where catching actually makes sense are hacks with Fakemon. Only!

Teh Baro
September 27th, 2007, 07:11 AM
There are lots of Shiny Gold Pirates. We say no to all pirates. So, just ignore them. You won't stop the China.

About 386 Pokemon - I'm not really a big fan of this. Do you guys REALLY play a Gold Remake to catch lots of Pokemon? I think that kills the enjoyment of the hack, you focus on Pokemon instead of enjoying the hack. Original games are for catching. The only hacks where catching actually makes sense are hacks with Fakemon. Only!

100% agree, but think it this way: it's also a challenge for the hacker to hide all the pokémon in a relatively small space.

Erimgard
September 27th, 2007, 07:43 AM
yeah I think zel's done a great job of putting a lot of 3rd gens in without making it overcrowded. keeps the original feel of the game with some added fun. it'll be interesting to see how he fits all the legendaries in

born2hack
September 27th, 2007, 07:46 AM
Man this game is awesome jus played it. Keep up the good work.

Ardee
September 27th, 2007, 11:09 AM
Awesome!!!!!!! I know everybody knows that but i'm a newb at pokemon hacking and I got all giddy playing this. That sounded wrong:embarrass

hi sir tomato my password is syvniti
September 27th, 2007, 11:11 AM
I know that the post from before got delete, which is okay, But i never got a answer about is carlos gonna get you team Zel?

zel 2.0
September 27th, 2007, 11:59 AM
No he doesn't, when he is done he makes a second game and boosts the levels with pet

Yes, that's what I do, though those are some boring long nights of PET-editing X_X

Zel, about trainer sprites such as the Gym Leaders', did you make them, somebody else make them, rip them from the game, basically, how did you get them.

So far, I still have some made by me. Some (a good number) made by Enrico Marini. And I think Jasmine's from Kike-Scott, if I remember correctly.

The normal GSC Pokemon will remain as in the original. With obviously the added two Hoenn Pokemon as everywhere else.

The first was answered, and for the second, Marnic has the priority there, sorry. I still haven't inserted any new graphics, though.

I have a few questions. Are you going to increase the levels in the Kanto's Gym Leaders Pokemon?
Are you going to do anything with the museum? It was closed in Gold but you could always have an event there...it'd be a good way to make the other fossil pokemon avaliable I suppose...

Sorry if these have been answered.

In the Normal SG: No. In the X Version: Yes.

About the museum, it's also a good opportunity to let J&J do their evil stuff with the fossils, as you said, so it'll be open, maybe with a chance to resurrect the fossils there? (since Cinnabar's destroyed, the resurrection machine or whatever must be located somewhere)

I know that the post from before got delete, which is okay, But i never got a answer about is carlos gonna get you team Zel?

Yes, I'm gonna be trying this new team on both versions (though it'll be my final team, which means I'm gonna keep having different Pokes depending the version till I start building my final team slowly on both games) Obviously, Kingdra's still there... <3

There were also two discussions that I cannot quote, but I'll drop a few lines anyway...

The Pirates Thing: You all know what I think about them, basically the same that all of you. You also know what to do about it "Don't buy them and tell your friends, and they to theirs and so on to NEVER buy anything that's not from Nintendo" (meh, hate when I sound like a Nintendo staffer... -_-)

The Gotta Catch'em All Thing: The chance to finally get all of them (just for collecting reasons) is one of the things I always wanted to have in a Pokemon game made by Nintendo, but since they never do things the easy way, someone has to do it (yay, now I didn't sound like a Nintendo staffer... XD), besides finding the Hoenn Pokemon is something just for the people dedicated into it, you'd probably play the game normally and find only about a 30% of the Hoenn Pokemon around, so it really doesn't affect gameplay.
Just a matter of opinions, really. But it's my hack, so my opinion is supreme on this aspect :P

Well, gotta post more screenshots before keep checking the threads, let's see... It's Celadon time!

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/8465/image027ts6.png http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/5457/image028pw7.png http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/1016/image029fa6.png http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9744/image030jg7.png

News? I'm gonna try Baro's guide to Level Scripts to see if my idea 'bout the Legendary <something> trio would turn out more easy than I thought. And I'm gonna be repracticing some music inserting as well.

Corona
September 27th, 2007, 12:01 PM
Yes, that's what I do, though those are some boring long nights of PET-editing X_X

So far, I still have some made by me. Some (a good number) made by Enrico Marini. And I think Jasmine's from Kike-Scott, if I remember correctly.

The normal GSC Pokemon will remain as in the original. With obviously the added two Hoenn Pokemon as everywhere else.

The first was answered, and for the second, Marnic has the priority there, sorry. I still haven't inserted any new graphics, though.

In the Normal SG: No. In the X Version: Yes.

About the museum, it's also a good opportunity to let J&J do their evil stuff with the fossils, as you said, so it'll be open, maybe with a chance to resurrect the fossils there? (since Cinnabar's destroyed, the resurrection machine or whatever must be located somewhere)

Yes, I'm gonna be trying this new team on both versions (though it'll be my final team, which means I'm gonna keep having different Pokes depending the version till I start building my final team slowly on both games) Obviously, Kingdra's still there... <3

There were also two discussions that I cannot quote, but I'll drop a few lines anyway...

The Pirates Thing: You all know what I think about them, basically the same that all of you. You also know what to do about it "Don't buy them and tell your friends, and they to theirs and so on to NEVER buy anything that's not from Nintendo" (meh, hate when I sound like a Nintendo staffer... -_-)

The Gotta Catch'em All Thing: The chance to finally get all of them (just for collecting reasons) is one of the things I always wanted to have in a Pokemon game made by Nintendo, but since they never do things the easy way, someone has to do it (yay, now I didn't sound like a Nintendo staffer... XD), besides finding the Hoenn Pokemon is something just for the people dedicated into it, you'd probably play the game normally and find only about a 30% of the Hoenn Pokemon around, so it really doesn't affect gameplay.
Just a matter of opinions, really. But it's my hack, so my opinion is supreme on this aspect :P

Well, gotta post more screenshots before keep checking the threads, let's see... It's Celadon time!

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/8465/image027ts6.png http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/5457/image028pw7.png http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/1016/image029fa6.png http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9744/image030jg7.png

News? I'm gonna try Baro's guide to Level Scripts to see if my idea 'bout the Legendary <something> trio would turn out more easy than I thought. And I'm gonna be repracticing some music inserting as well.
2 tile set errors in the last screen

And 1 in the second

kq_jai
September 27th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Not sure if they are bugs or not.
1. HOHO cant be catch because it always say its already been capture by someone.(i Got it down to less than 10 hp with paralyzed.I tried with 30+ pokemon balls 4 ultra balls)
2. The fly tm can only fly to the towns where gym 4 and 6 is.
3. Also i think one of my pokemon got some lvls boost after the new 4V xbeta. 10 lvls i guess

ryan123456789019
September 27th, 2007, 12:39 PM
no they are not it is possible to catch ho-oh i dont now about the fyl or the other one maybe it is rom it might not be clean

Jvg
September 27th, 2007, 12:44 PM
I never posted but I always looked to the new stuff and I am really impressed! Great screens, The only G/S/C remake I like is this one because it was the firt one I knew. I started Playing the beta but I never came far, but this time I will! Your doing a really great job Zel, Go On!

koji_234
September 27th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Wow Zel, this looks amazing,I can't wait to play beta 5, and... Your'e almost 1000 posts!!! Good luck for the rest of the hack!!!

destinedjagold
September 28th, 2007, 02:44 AM
eheheh... oh well... Hey zel, congrats and keep it up!!!

Lady Berlitz
September 28th, 2007, 04:11 AM
Yep... amazing hack.
Just keep it up, Zel. Hope you make it to Beta 5 and until the end of the game, which is probably going to beat the "farthest game anyone's ever worked until" since he made it so close to the end of Johto and eventually Kanto.

Keep it up!

~stock23~
September 28th, 2007, 06:30 AM
WTF! These hack is very pretty^^ how have you done the cool trees?

destinedjagold
September 28th, 2007, 06:33 AM

I guess you're new around here...

^^ Well, zel has made lot's of work for this hack to be simply amazing for years now!

Yeah, zel is amazing, also his team that helps him make this possible.

Veng3anc3
September 28th, 2007, 10:07 AM
wow, celedon finally looks differant (good way) after 3 generations of playing it :P

Dr.Garchomp
September 28th, 2007, 02:58 PM
Wow, the towns are coming right along. Each time I see new screenshots I am more and more impressed.^^ I hope beta 5 comes soon!

Apple Inc.
September 28th, 2007, 04:13 PM
the thing about making the x version is it is like over a hundred trainers to boost with hundreds of pokemon to boost and i must say im dissapointed because zel didnt post today, probably because there was nothing to say or answer

Midnight Beat
September 28th, 2007, 04:44 PM
WHEN WILL THEY GET BETA 5 OUT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is the worlds most perfect example of SPAM I have ever seen. However I will humor you; Zel doesn't give release dates but I assure you, it's gonna be a while.

... i must say im dissapointed because zel didnt post today, probably because there was nothing to say or answer

You know I have seen him post at like....12 am so....yeah. And who cares if he didn't post today, for all you know he could be working on something big. Or he's really busy with school. Or he dosen't want to post cause he just relesed some screens yesterday. OR (This is the last one, I swear) He's so wrapped up on working on SG that he doesn't want to post.

Anyway, Zel, those screens look awesome! I must say you have come a long way since I first stumbled along this thread in December of last year.

porkplan
September 28th, 2007, 05:15 PM
1. HOHO cant be catch because it always say its already been capture by someone.(i Got it down to less than 10 hp with paralyzed.I tried with 30+ pokemon balls 4 ultra balls)

I think you're talking about "it appeared to be caught", that doestn't mean it is captured by someone else...

also i have a question...

how do i beat Carlos after going through lance and the elite4 without using my sacred fire?? it's really hard to do that, i must have defeated him if only i knew that he was there so i could have prepared... so what do i do now T-T, my only plan is to lose to him anyway the whiteout money im going to give is less than what i've earned....

Pieandcowz
September 28th, 2007, 06:54 PM
Hey Zel,

I think you should add some really awesome music for the tv/radio thing. it would be pretty neat.

MegaTailzChao
September 28th, 2007, 07:15 PM
I must say, Celadon is looking very impressive. In the original game, it was bare and boring, but they was you've represented it makes it look like a completely new and fun town. Keep up the good work!

Dark tyranitar
September 28th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Very good your hacks Zel;) I always say it in SP, single lacks the translation to Spanish who hare I =P

Lupe
September 28th, 2007, 08:28 PM
just curious , what's next after mt.silver?

Midnight Beat
September 28th, 2007, 08:31 PM
just curious , what's next after mt.silver?

Zel said he would be adding some extra events to keep us entertained. Ex: side quests and legendaries.

zel 2.0
September 28th, 2007, 09:11 PM
2 tile set errors in the last screen

And 1 in the second

Can you specify where are them? 'cause I think I'm really going blind or something...

2. The fly tm can only fly to the towns where gym 4 and 6 is.
3. Also i think one of my pokemon got some lvls boost after the new 4V xbeta. 10 lvls i guess

Basically, I think this could be a problem of double-patching (well, I'm judging how you wrote the 3. so, that leads me to think of a double-patching)

Well, I keep trying and trying till I get the best rip and edition from DP. I still want to get a better DP-esque tall grass, 'cause the one I currently have... well...

and i must say im dissapointed because zel didnt post today, probably because there was nothing to say or answer

Well, I have my own business, as you can imagine. Besides it's not like I should ALWAYS reply to the thread.
And, well... I checked the forums while being offline and things were really heated so that took the motivation to come and keep posting :'(

also i have a question...

how do i beat Carlos after going through lance and the elite4 without using my sacred fire?? it's really hard to do that, i must have defeated him if only i knew that he was there so i could have prepared... so what do i do now T-T, my only plan is to lose to him anyway the whiteout money im going to give is less than what i've earned....

Most likely you already took the decision of losing, and retry again. One lose is not the end of the world, anyway (Besides losing against me is something not to worry about XD)

Hey Zel,

I think you should add some really awesome music for the tv/radio thing. it would be pretty neat.

The idea in the first place should be to have everything as it was in the original, but, you can expect some changes as things won't be exactly as in the original (due to incompatibility stuff)

...So, I finished learning everything about modifying the Level Scripts, so I put that information (thanks again Baro, this saves me the trouble of adding a lot of Script Events around!!!) to good use and now I am able to handle almost all the Johto exterior maps (except Ruins of Alph and Lake of Rage 'cause I was lazy). With that, I have the first part of the legendary dogs (well, I'm gonna call them that if you don't care), the part where they are able to show up in any Johto Map (dealing with a good number of variables), but now they have to be visible using the random function. Yes, you will be able to see and interact with them, not finding them as wild pokemon in the grass. But, with the randomization, it's kinda the same effect in the end.
Hope you understand something about what I just said. If not, I'm gonna make a video about it as soon as I finish the whole event, anyway.

shadoweevee
September 28th, 2007, 09:15 PM
...So, I finished learning everything about modifying the Level Scripts, so I put that information (thanks again Baro, this saves me the trouble of adding a lot of Script Events around!!!) to good use and now I am able to handle almost all the Johto exterior maps (except Ruins of Alph and Lake of Rage 'cause I was lazy). With that, I have the first part of the legendary dogs (well, I'm gonna call them that if you don't care), the part where they are able to show up in any Johto Map (dealing with a good number of variables), but now they have to be visible using the random function. Yes, you will be able to see and interact with them, not finding them as wild pokemon in the grass. But, with the randomization, it's kinda the same effect in the end.
Hope you understand something about what I just said. If not, I'm gonna make a video about it as soon as I finish the whole event, anyway.

I think That is even better! I like that idea a lot I think that is awesome! congrats Zel on coming up with an idea that nobody has thought of before.

Veng3anc3
September 29th, 2007, 01:01 AM
a bit like teh crystal version, where you see them in random places, except they dont run away this time :D

bobmarleypeople
September 29th, 2007, 01:22 AM
a bit like teh crystal version, where you see them in random places, except they dont run away this time :D

Since crystal was all about Suicune, you see him "in map" in various places PRE-SET in the code. The other dogs are running round the place as normal.

In SG, it seems that Zel wants to take this "in map" idea, but randomise it, i.e. not pre-set (sounds really hard, but I have faith). Go Zel!!!

shinygoldash
September 29th, 2007, 02:50 AM
i've almost finished beta 4 but i need waterfall could someone tell me where it is/i have a lvl 55 typhlosion at thojo falls.woo hoo!

Scorp Con
September 29th, 2007, 02:56 AM
Your Hack gone be a Hack of the year 2007!I really like your Hack!Good Luck!

Zowayix
September 29th, 2007, 02:56 AM
To shinygoldash:

please read the walkthrough if you have a question on actually playing the game.

Anyway, HM07 Waterfall is in the Ice Path.

Smauli
September 29th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Oh boy, this game is good, gooodddd:D

zel 2.0
September 29th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Well, I made a Beta video about the whole legendary beasts event. You can see how the randomization works.

Video: Meeting the Legendary Beasts (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDiqIY8dQHo&v3)

They still do run away, if they manage to pull a Roar on you (though, I wonder why Nintendo didn't give Roar to Suicune :\, since I don't want to mess up its moveset, I guess you'll have an easier time catching it), and the randomization also gives them the chance of being visible, but just when you are about to get them... zoom! They flee (there's also a little surprise regarding that ;))

That's all I'm gonna be working this weekend. I should start paying a bit more attention to the assignments I have, but I'll come check out the threads and maybe post some news if I manage to have a bit of time.

shadoweevee
September 29th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Well, I made a Beta video about the whole legendary beasts event. You can see how the randomization works.

Video: Meeting the Legendary Beasts (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDiqIY8dQHo&v3)

They still do run away, if they manage to pull a Roar on you (though, I wonder why Nintendo didn't give Roar to Suicune :\, since I don't want to mess up its moveset, I guess you'll have an easier time catching it), and the randomization also gives them the chance of being visible, but just when you are about to get them... zoom! They flee (there's also a little surprise regarding that ;))

That's all I'm gonna be working this weekend. I should start paying a bit more attention to the assignments I have, but I'll come check out the threads and maybe post some news if I manage to have a bit of time.

What happens if YOU run away? Do they still appear on the map or do they disappear like the other legendarys?
EDIT: and one more Question are you going to let them run around in kanto too?

OMNIPOTENT
September 29th, 2007, 01:20 PM
whoa! Hurray for the beasts!

just some question:
1-the pokemon will run away only if they use roar right? no way to make them run away more often? :P (yes, i like to suffer)
2-my impression or this kind of scripts can't remember the "already been damaged/poisoned/altered status" like in the original games? not that this is a problem, imho if a legendary run away, it has all the time to recover...
3-the 3 dogs are all in a script or are 3 differents? it's possible to meet two/three of them at the same time?

Vincent11998
September 29th, 2007, 02:38 PM
i was wondering,what will happen when you patch shiny gold v.4 to v.3 with a .sav file?

zel 2.0
September 29th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Okay, let's be more specific about the beasts event then...

1-They will disappear automatically in the case they Roar you, or you run away from them. And it's obvious that when that happens they will go somewhere else, meaning to search again (they will only disappear forever if you make them faint or catch them, so... only one of each kind, as it's supposed to be, be careful as always)
2-They will only run through Johto, as in the original (only on Routes maps)
3-They switch of map every time you enter a new Route or City/Town map, as it was in the original as well (not when you enter a building, or maze, so the only way to "manipulate" them is by switching between cities or routes)
4-They don't show up in the Dex for obvious reasons... (which will make finding them something only luck-involved)
5-They don't "run away" when in-battle unless they use Roar. However, they may run away before engaging the battle (just to leave you cursing at them :badsmile:)
6-No way to "remember" their status from the previous battle, for obvious reasons too.
7-Only one legendary per map at a time, just to make things harder (which? that depends on the random value, so you never know if you'll find one, another, or none)

[EDIT]: By the way, you can imagine I had to repoint all the Johto maps, so most likely you'll find problems (maybe freezing) if you use older Beta saves. You know how this Beta stuff works, right?

DarthSenorQueso
September 29th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Do you have to listen to them speak?

Vincent11998
September 29th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Zel, I have no Idea how these beta stuff works

DarthSenorQueso
September 29th, 2007, 03:13 PM
:PWell technecily niether do I. (It's a wonder I got it to work.)

Apple Inc.
September 29th, 2007, 04:06 PM

Apparently u are new to this, if you don't know how to get it running read Hiroshi Sotomura's Sticky thread Before playing a hack, it is at the top of every page of the hacks showcase. If you dont know what a beta is, it is an unfinished version of the game that u can play to see how far the hack has gotten

DarthSenorQueso
September 29th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Yeah but wait until b5 sure will be soon.

Midnight Beat
September 29th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Yeah but wait until b5 sure will be soon.

I wouldn't get your hopes up on that.

Espreon
September 29th, 2007, 04:16 PM
I love ShinyGold and have been playing it for 2 weeks. But maybe bring back the temple in the Dragon's Den, you know where the Extreme Speed Dratini is obtained (even though said temple was in Crystal)

DarthSenorQueso
September 29th, 2007, 04:23 PM
At least in 2 months thats nothing compared to how long I've been reading your'e posts here on pc Iwasn't a member then.So b5 going out soon.Cool way to do the phones too.no :pirate: 's allowed

~CyberKitsune09~
September 29th, 2007, 06:17 PM
-Beta 4 note-

You can ride your bike in the Goldenrod City Game Corner

-CpuDuDe11

Nicolas
September 29th, 2007, 06:34 PM
-Beta 4 note-

You can ride your bike in the Goldenrod City Game Corner

-CpuDuDe11

perhaps ur a begginer here, pls read the first post 1st....

Hiidoran
September 29th, 2007, 06:53 PM
I can't believe in the greatness of this hack! I've basically followed it since it's release and I've seen nothing but the best. You're an inspiration to us all Zel.
Ps. The updates are looking great!

Dr.Garchomp
September 29th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Will the legendary dogs be coming with legendary music as well? Perhaps you could try to get a remix of the crystal version of the legendary dog music onto shiny gold. (although I understand you're trying to pertain to gold more than anything else)

Barker
September 29th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Wow, every update brings something more and more impressive. I can see why you're such an inspiration to other hackers. Keep it up, man.

thethethethe
September 29th, 2007, 08:53 PM
I just watched the video, and it was good, but I have a problem with it, won't that message that comes up over those tiles make it easy to find all the dogs quickly. You found them all too quickly.

Midnight Beat
September 29th, 2007, 08:56 PM
I just watched the video, and it was good, but I have a problem with it, won't that message that comes up over those tiles make it easy to find all the dogs quickly. You found them all too quickly.

That was just a beta version of how the event is gonna work.

shinygoldash
September 30th, 2007, 12:33 AM
i had to start again so i lost my lvl 79 typhlosion.sigh.but at least the save thing works .i really can't wait for kanto.also.if u extract a different fire red rom u just end up where u left off but as the fire red character.just saying.

Lupe
September 30th, 2007, 12:58 AM
cool i hope b5 will be out soon

shinygoldash
September 30th, 2007, 01:40 AM
where can i get exp.share. it takes me forever just to get spinarak to get to lvl 15.also what lvl does spinarak evole at.

thethethethe
September 30th, 2007, 02:02 AM
where can i get exp.share. it takes me forever just to get spinarak to get to lvl 15.also what lvl does spinarak evole at.

Could you just read the walkthrough? OR on simple things like that you can look at a Pokemon Gold walkthrough, that's right Pokemon Gold. Zel hasn't changed any of the levels that pokemon evolve except for the pokemon that evolve through trades.

pkmnmaster69
September 30th, 2007, 02:10 AM
to shinygolddash: when u catch/kill the red gyradous u will recieve the red scale once uve recieved that trade it with mr.pokemon and he will give u the exp.share and spinarak evoles at lvl 22

shinygoldash
September 30th, 2007, 04:54 AM
thnx pkmn master 69 that will really help me beat the league and get my pokemon strong for b5.(i really hope beta 5 is worth the wait.lol)

DarthSenorQueso
September 30th, 2007, 05:07 AM
i hope so too.I cant belive that this going so quickly.

Nicolas
September 30th, 2007, 05:07 AM
hi zel! got a problem in SG and a question i'll give you the screenshot later because I still don't have 15 posts yet so i'll tell you those by words.....

-In cianwood where a kid gives you his shuckle, when you enter his house your sprite will become messed up or something(the male sprite looks different like the male sprite on FR but in messed up colors or something like that)

-when will you fix the flying sprite because the same sprite appears when your flying trainer sprite appears in the game.....

phew hope u understand that zel...

-can make a newly revampted ruins of alph puzzle...

for now this is the longest post I have ever made in this thread 0_o'

hope this hack goes on really well, good luck zel!

DarthSenorQueso
September 30th, 2007, 05:12 AM
The ruins of alph arn't bad and he said no sliding puzzle but trick house makes up for it.But the flying thing is annoying....

Zeikku™
September 30th, 2007, 05:24 AM
how about making an event for the ruins of alph with the trick master...so like he could be there to discover new trick techniques and maybe a battle with him.... then obviously you wont see him till later on..so another final battle with him will be needed.. its a suggestion

it will solve the puzzle situation also is another event is there instead..

im really looking forward to this..

DarthSenorQueso
September 30th, 2007, 06:33 AM
Well getting on subject trickmaster could be another rival always looking for new ideas ....right?

zel 2.0
September 30th, 2007, 06:47 AM
Do you have to listen to them speak?

Huh? What did you mean?

I was mainly saying that with each new release it's best to start the Beta again from the start. Basically, it's as if you all were my Beta testers. Only in the final release you'd really become "players of Shiny Gold", so don't take playing SG so seriously.

I love ShinyGold and have been playing it for 2 weeks. But maybe bring back the temple in the Dragon's Den, you know where the Extreme Speed Dratini is obtained (even though said temple was in Crystal)

Hmmm... No, because there's gonna be a far more important Pokemon there at the D.Den, so an Extreme Speed Dratini is nothing compared to that Pokemon.

Will the legendary dogs be coming with legendary music as well? Perhaps you could try to get a remix of the crystal version of the legendary dog music onto shiny gold. (although I understand you're trying to pertain to gold more than anything else)

I'm giving them that different wildbattle music so we can then change the BGM into something better (maybe Suicune's battle from Crystal? I like that one :))

to shinygolddash: when u catch/kill the red gyradous u will recieve the red scale once uve recieved that trade it with mr.pokemon and he will give u the exp.share and spinarak evoles at lvl 22

And I was just about to say that you couldn't get it. But you are right, which means trust more in the walkthroughs than in what I could reply about gameplay questions -_-

Let's clear things: that weird message only shows up in that testing I was doing, just to know when the random put a legendary without having to go check the location and making the video WAY too long. So, obviously, that message doesn't shows up in the game.

-In cianwood where a kid gives you his shuckle, when you enter his house your sprite will become messed up or something(the male sprite looks different like the male sprite on FR but in messed up colors or something like that)

-when will you fix the flying sprite because the same sprite appears when your flying trainer sprite appears in the game.....

phew hope u understand that zel...

-can make a newly revampted ruins of alph puzzle...

In Cianwood there's a hero's sprite change. That sounds as if you were not playing the last Bugfixed release of the B4 (which is the current uploaded in this new thread)

For the flying sprite, since there's gonna be a whole hero's overworld change, I'll have to ask Marnic about making those sprites too (though inserting the flying sprites is not something that I really like doing because Hackmew's Sprite Editor is not useful with those ones, so Tile Molester for those ones, and it really bores me using TM...)

Not interested in making the Ruins puzzles, not yet, at least...

how about making an event for the ruins of alph with the trick master...so like he could be there to discover new trick techniques and maybe a battle with him.... then obviously you wont see him till later on..so another final battle with him will be needed.. its a suggestion

it will solve the puzzle situation also is another event is there instead..

im really looking forward to this..

Well, what I said in my previous reply. Though all those stuff about mixing the Trick Master and the Ruins of Alph doesn't make too much sense to me...
Battling the T.Master? Maybe that could be something for the puzzles... Hey, that gives me an idea for one of the puzzles for B6! :D

I guess I'm not gonna be putting any other updates in a while, 'cause I'm gonna be concentrated on stuff I have to do (for my Uni), so don't go spamming the thread wondering what I'm doing (remember to check the Zel's Status section before panicking and spamming)

That's all for now. Till next time!

DarthSenorQueso
September 30th, 2007, 06:49 AM
I mean hear the roar.Like in the video.

shadoweevee
September 30th, 2007, 07:21 AM
Well, what I said in my previous reply. Though all those stuff about mixing the Trick Master and the Ruins of Alph doesn't make too much sense to me...
Battling the T.Master? Maybe that could be something for the puzzles... Hey, that gives me an idea for one of the puzzles for B6! :D

I guess I'm not gonna be putting any other updates in a while, 'cause I'm gonna be concentrated on stuff I have to do (for my Uni), so don't go spamming the thread wondering what I'm doing (remember to check the Zel's Status section before panicking and spamming)

That's all for now. Till next time!

Can you make it so after you complete all the puzzles in the game you can visit them again just go through them again (like a repeating puzzle?)

MegaTailzChao
September 30th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Well after watching the video showing how the legendary dog's randomness will work, have you ever considered actually giving us an item that tells us if one of them is nearby when we enter a route?

In my honest opinion, that would make finding them a LOT less annoying. Plus you pretty much already have it programmed in.

Erimgard
September 30th, 2007, 10:31 AM
the legendary beasts system is amazing!

flipboi
September 30th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Hey Zel! Long time no talk.

Just wanted to drop and say What's Up and say your amazing for being this so committed for completing this hack! I love Shiny Gold and come here every now and then to see the updates!

Way to go Zel!

I also subscribed to your videos, I'm fkVkmflipboitamidles

sharkjamez
September 30th, 2007, 12:57 PM
ShinyGold is my favorite hack! The Red Gyarados script was awesome!

Veng3anc3
September 30th, 2007, 10:06 PM
:o the legdenday beast scripts look awsome, but i dont get what the glitchy writing's for :/ any way keep it up zel! r/s/e battle music ftw xD

Short Range
September 30th, 2007, 10:16 PM
The glitch writing won't be there when you play the Beta. Zel said that already. It's just for him to see when Entai appears so the video wont go so long.

Lupe
October 1st, 2007, 02:18 AM
hey zel will you change the sprites of some gym leaders like morty u know to make it more realistic

Ho-oh arabia
October 1st, 2007, 03:47 AM
keep it up Zel.almost every member here at these forums supports you. I really liked battle music from gold version and the music when you fight lance at the end of elite four. is there any chance of implanting those songs again in the next beta?

koolguy7_7
October 1st, 2007, 05:00 AM
We'll have the real G/S/C BGM!!!! woot! the only thing i didnt like about this hack was the music! can't wait for next beta....ZEL OWNZ!!!!

Gerri Shin
October 1st, 2007, 06:49 AM
Woot!this hack keeps getting better and better every time I visit!
Just a thought, Zel, But have you ever given any thought to adding in the Kanto battle frontier form the anime (for possibly beta 6 0r 7) it would be a great side quest after obtaining the 16 original badges.

Went
October 1st, 2007, 08:24 AM
I hope we get to have the ability to get the running shoes in the next beta.

Umm... why would he take it out? We have that ability since B3...

CyberCyndaquil
October 1st, 2007, 10:40 AM
hey.....you are back!!! Great!! that's the only hack i was bothered to play!! keep up the good work!

pizzakoe
October 1st, 2007, 12:07 PM
Umm... why would he take it out? We have that ability since B3...

Huh Strange!
I've Played this game since beta 3, and I never had The Running Shoes :S
But ergh: If you say they are there, well: Where do you get them ?

Just a question!XD
Delete my messege if someone replied!

Pizzakoe

trevor813
October 1st, 2007, 12:43 PM
what about pokerus? for the players pokemon ?? unless this is answered already :S

Ianlivingfire233
October 1st, 2007, 01:23 PM
I was playing Shiny Gold X version, latest beta, and after i captured the red gyrados at lake of rage, every wild pokemon and trainers pokemon ever since has been shiny as well (Not that i'm complaining). Has anyone else exerienced this glitch? Does it have any bad effects?

Midnight Beat
October 1st, 2007, 01:35 PM
I was playing Shiny Gold X version, latest beta, and after i captured the red gyrados at lake of rage, every wild pokemon and trainers pokemon ever since has been shiny as well (Not that i'm complaining). Has anyone else exerienced this glitch? Does it have any bad effects?

Yeah Zel knows about this and I'm pretty sure he's fixed for beta 5. And no, there are no negative side effects.

Ianlivingfire233
October 1st, 2007, 01:56 PM
Yeah Zel knows about this and I'm pretty sure he's fixed for beta 5. And no, there are no negative side effects.

Ok thanks man i had no idea.

shinyraichu
October 1st, 2007, 04:24 PM
If you don't have the running shoes you need to go to your mother. She will give them to you once You come back to elm's lab and show him the egg.

zel 2.0
October 1st, 2007, 06:49 PM
As my Usertitle says I'm a bit overwhelmed with stuff, so I have to be with that before I can start hacking again (you all know, studying > hacking :P), so meanwhile, I'll just answer what I have and wave a goodbye till Thursday or maybe a bit later, don't know.

I mean hear the roar.Like in the video.

I'm still confused... They'll be as they are in the video.

Can you make it so after you complete all the puzzles in the game you can visit them again just go through them again (like a repeating puzzle?)

The problem are the flags involved. There's a lot of them, so clearing everything doesn't sound that cool, but, anyway, the original T.House closed after the last puzzle, so it's gonna be the same here (with the difference we'll have a whole lot more puzzles, as SG is a longer game)

Well after watching the video showing how the legendary dog's randomness will work, have you ever considered actually giving us an item that tells us if one of them is nearby when we enter a route?

In my honest opinion, that would make finding them a LOT less annoying. Plus you pretty much already have it programmed in.

Even though I could do something to make the script a little less complicated, I really don't have the intention of doing it (unless it's a massive request)

hey zel will you change the sprites of some gym leaders like morty u know to make it more realistic

Not really necessary to change sprites till the end, we are still in Beta phases so, there's no need to be changing everything so the game is more realistic, at least, not yet.

keep it up Zel.almost every member here at these forums supports you. I really liked battle music from gold version and the music when you fight lance at the end of elite four. is there any chance of implanting those songs again in the next beta?

Remember the problems I have with Lance's Trainer Class, he'll still have that "Elitefour" class, which means no different battle music for him. We'll keep researching.

Woot!this hack keeps getting better and better every time I visit!
Just a thought, Zel, But have you ever given any thought to adding in the Kanto battle frontier form the anime (for possibly beta 6 0r 7) it would be a great side quest after obtaining the 16 original badges.

Answer Spoiler with Spoiler... XD

No, because that's a hell lot of work. With Kanto, Johto, and maybe some minor island(s) here and there, we'll be fine. In the end, we are doing a remake of GS, so the anime doesn't have too much to do here.

what about pokerus? for the players pokemon ?? unless this is answered already :S

What? You want me to manipulate the rus? What for? No, absolutely no manipulation of stuff that could be used for cheating (the Red Gyarados is some kind of exception, but that 'cause it was in the original)

And that concludes this post. ^o^

flipboi
October 1st, 2007, 09:24 PM
Aw man Zel! Your link to Ashlee doesn't work!

Could you send it again or something? The one you sent me is like a broken link or something.

Maxim
October 2nd, 2007, 06:01 AM
Answer Spoiler with Spoiler... XD

No, because that's a hell lot of work. With Kanto, Johto, and maybe some minor island(s) here and there, we'll be fine. In the end, we are doing a remake of GS, so the anime doesn't have too much to do here.

Some minor island here and there?! What is that supposed to mean? Please, don't say you're going to put fanmade location into a GSC remake. Please, don't do it! If you want an extra location, let it be Sevii Islands.

shadoweevee
October 2nd, 2007, 06:21 AM
Some minor island here and there?! What is that supposed to mean? Please, don't say you're going to put fanmade location into a GSC remake. Please, don't do it! If you want an extra location, let it be Sevii Islands.

But he's using the Sevii Islands to BE Johto, so it would be better to use a new island

Gerri Shin
October 2nd, 2007, 06:50 AM

But he's using the Sevii Islands to BE Johto, so it would be better to use a new island

You both do realize that he wrote that to say that he's NOT going to stick anything like that in. I had merely asked if he could include the Kanto battle frontier, and he said that it would be too much work and compared it to inserting a new island. Zel is not going to be inserting any new islands into shiny gold.

DarthSenorQueso
October 2nd, 2007, 10:58 AM
good point.... but they are not big maps to recrate.

palkey1
October 2nd, 2007, 11:01 AM
how long does it take to make a hack because i have other things to do but i want to make a hack?

DarthSenorQueso
October 2nd, 2007, 11:13 AM
A long time i am making one.

Zeikku™
October 2nd, 2007, 11:42 AM
well i like the new video
i think the music should be changed for the legendarys, but not yet as this isnt the most important thing at the moment

ablahblah987
October 2nd, 2007, 11:45 AM
Would it be possible to make Whirlpool into an HM or even a TM so we don't have to use Clamperl? Or is that even desirable? I think that would be a big improvement so I assume that there were technical reasons for not doing that originally.

Zeikku™
October 2nd, 2007, 01:10 PM
Would it be possible to make Whirlpool into an HM or even a TM so we don't have to use Clamperl? Or is that even desirable? I think that would be a big improvement so I assume that there were technical reasons for not doing that originally.

i think zel said he can change TMS into HM's and have moves made into TMS

Ho-oh arabia
October 2nd, 2007, 01:21 PM
tried to make a hack of emerald, failed miserably due to instability. fellow rom hackers, stay away from emerald. friend of mine brought shiny gold to school today and called it his own hack... stupid SOB...

koji_234
October 2nd, 2007, 05:56 PM
ablahblah987, earlier in this post(don't remember who) helpfully posted that if you search enough with the chance for a hoenn pokemon(don't remember where) you can find a Wailmer eventually learning whirlpool if you don't like a clamperl

ablahblah987
October 2nd, 2007, 06:02 PM
Thanks but let's say I would prefer not to use either of those two. I just think the game would be a lot better if we could pick which pokemon we wanted to give it to.

Ooka
October 2nd, 2007, 06:14 PM
tried to make a hack of emerald, failed miserably due to instability. fellow rom hackers, stay away from emerald. friend of mine brought shiny gold to school today and called it his own hack... stupid SOB...

How did he bring it to school? Did he possibly by a Flash cart and download it?

ShyRayq
October 2nd, 2007, 06:34 PM
hey i need help with the underground rocket thing

i dont know how to get to the warehouse please help me!

♠εx
October 2nd, 2007, 07:41 PM
Post above:

If you're talking about the bit where you go through the Underground Pass, it isn't that hard. Beat all the trainers and turn all of the switches on from the right. Thats what I did, it shouldn't take long. You'll get it.

flipboi
October 2nd, 2007, 09:24 PM
Hey fellow Shiny Gold lovers, I created another Trainer Banner.

This time it's your rival, Ashlee and her evil Pikachu!

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/8782/ashleepf4.gif

Here's the code if you want.

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/8782/ashleepf4.gif

suoert
October 3rd, 2007, 07:16 AM
is zel going to put mew in this game?
that would be so cool.

bobmarleypeople
October 3rd, 2007, 07:56 AM
is zel going to put mew in this game?
that would be so cool.

Uguuu~ If you weren't new, and I wasn't so kind, you would've got a whole load of "OMGWTFBBQ111 READ THE BLOODY FIRST POST!!!!" But instead I'll explain.

Zel has said many times throughout the thread that all 386 pokes will be catchable in the game (no diamond and pearl pokes cos they're not programmed into FireRed which this hack is based on).

Aren't I a nice guy ^_^

shinygoldash
October 3rd, 2007, 08:00 AM
yeah that is explainable.well if u wanna know where mew will be he will more likely be on faraway island

tphi
October 3rd, 2007, 08:07 AM
Well zel,

I habve been playing B2 and 3...but i totally stop playing shiny gold during a long time. I decided to try B4 and...wahoo !

Your hack still impressive. Congratulations.

Just a question. If I have correctly understood your "goal" system, in B5, we'll be able to travel across kanto in the red parts. Have I ?

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/1606/kantob5gh7.jpg

And, will be the phone booth or not ?

Thanks,

thibault

(sorry for my english...witch should be as correct as the one of team rocket member in cerulan's gym)

Binary
October 3rd, 2007, 08:40 AM
Ya that would be awesome!!
A mew event sounds interesting.....

shadoweevee
October 3rd, 2007, 01:49 PM
Well zel,

I habve been playing B2 and 3...but i totally stop playing shiny gold during a long time. I decided to try B4 and...wahoo !

Your hack still impressive. Congratulations.

Just a question. If I have correctly understood your "goal" system, in B5, we'll be able to travel across kanto in the red parts. Have I ?

Thanks,

thibault

(sorry for my english...witch should be as correct as the one of team rocket member in cerulan's gym)

as far as I know yes you will be able to go travel across the red parts (don't know about cycling road though)
and there will be the phone booth system too

Ho-oh arabia
October 4th, 2007, 03:56 AM
yeah, flash cart (supercard to be exact). I told him off yesterday.

Binary
October 4th, 2007, 06:48 AM
Ya im really waiting to play the next beta!
Cant wait XD....
And kepp it up

ShinyGold2
October 4th, 2007, 09:28 AM
if i knew id tell ya m8 coz this game rocks and i to want it to be glitch free
YAY Pokemon Shiny Gold! :) :]

suoert
October 4th, 2007, 11:23 AM
is cinnabar going to be exactly the same?
cause i hated it that it was destroyed.
I would really like it if it was revamped.
but as it is a remake i guess that it is going to be the same.

bobmarleypeople
October 4th, 2007, 12:18 PM

Well, it is supposed to be a remake. But I think Zel said something about not being able to turn Seafoam islands into a gym or something. Also, I guess he could use it as part of his additional plot twists. OOOOH! He could make it where we play in Cinibar AS the volcano explodes. It could be Jess and Jamie's fault or something. I dunno but that would be cool ^_^

Hiidoran
October 4th, 2007, 12:26 PM
I agree with suoert, how will Cinnabar Island be? That was always my favorite pokemon town. It would be great to see a new plot twist there, but if not, meh... I liked it in Gold and Silver as well. Please, keep at it!

zel 2.0
October 4th, 2007, 12:35 PM

The thing is that I have something planned for that "extra" HM (something planned to make more field moves available), so, as of now, Clamperl or any other Poke that learns it naturally.

You both do realize that he wrote that to say that he's NOT going to stick anything like that in. I had merely asked if he could include the Kanto battle frontier, and he said that it would be too much work and compared it to inserting a new island. Zel is not going to be inserting any new islands into shiny gold.

I don't really want to stick to locations original from Nintendo, 'cause I'm already sticking to two, and that takes a bit of originality, which is something I want to have, at least for the end of the game, after the battle with Red (so, for the "obsessed gold players", it won't change a bit the original story), so basically this means, yes, a medium-sized island at the end of the normal Gold game (where else can I put a few more legendaries, in the end? XD)

And this was already decided WAY before started working on the hack, so that's something set on my mind.

It's almost close (don't forget about the routes north of Cerulean, which you could go to see Misty and her mysterious date, and Granpa's Pokemon asking event)

The phone booth, the Pokebeeper, the Trick House, the legendary beasts, all of that will be available on B5.

On that I stay on the side of the "obsessed Gold players", which means I'll have Cinnabar as in the original (basically I don't like implementing changes on the exterior geography, you could say) About reasons for it being destroyed, most likely someone originally explained the reasons, so I won't change the story to make J&J explode Cinnabar and that.

I haven't been around for some days, so I'll post a few more screenshots (I've seen that imageshack has some problems, so I'll try with the bucket)

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee187/zelard/image033.png http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee187/zelard/image032.png http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee187/zelard/image031.png

And, since I was asked about changing the grass (and I also didn't like the one I had), I also changed that, so here it is:
(Changed the grass animation to fit the new grass as well :))
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee187/zelard/nuevaHierba.png

But since I took all my screenshots way before changing it, they'll be quite outdated, so forgive me for when I start showing screenshots with the "old" grass.

That's all, I'm gonna keep checking the threads, and doing my stuff after that. Bye!

[EDIT]: OK, If you have a personal problem with the bucket, I'll also post them inside this spoiler through imageshack. I'll give it another try, but I see everyone is having problems with it...
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/8651/image031gz2.png http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/8035/image032rr8.png http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/5484/image033gj0.png http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/5396/nuevahierbasv1.png
The last one is for the new grass

Erimgard
October 4th, 2007, 12:38 PM
looking good Zel!
love the buyable pokemon, and the new grass looks awesome :)

johnlycett
October 4th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Nice grass, it has some pointy long feel.
Anyway i wish you luck even that you don't need it, im looking forward to the final result.

shadoweevee
October 4th, 2007, 01:02 PM
i just want to help .. please, someone tell me how i can put screenshots in my posts .i really want to help if there any glitches..moderators won't let me know who to insert them i just wanna make sure shiny gold is glitch free.(cries)please someone pm me how to insert screenies

(edit)shiny gold beta 5 will have a ot of glitches more likely so be prepared and don't post about glitches unless u pathced it to a clean rom.
don't if u have pathced to a rom that is not clean
just making sure that everyone gets this so that it is not like the old thread(which i missed)

If you are using vba then there is an button to take screenshots if you know how to change button in vba you'll find the button that does that.

I haven't been around for some days, so I'll post a few more screenshots (I've seen that imageshack has some problems, so I'll try with the bucket)

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee187/zelard/image033.png http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee187/zelard/image032.png http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee187/zelard/image031.png

And, since I was asked about changing the grass (and I also didn't like the one I had), I also changed that, so here it is:
(Changed the grass animation to fit the new grass as well :))
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee187/zelard/nuevaHierba.png

But since I took all my screenshots way before changing it, they'll be quite outdated, so forgive me for when I start showing screenshots with the "old" grass.

That's all, I'm gonna keep checking the threads, and doing my stuff after that. Bye!

NO! please don't use the bucket It doesn't work on school computers they have it locked down to not show any photobucket pics
EDIT: Thank you!

Zanacross
October 4th, 2007, 01:06 PM
shiny gold looks better and better every time i see it but would be nice to have cinabar change and have an event.

koji_234
October 4th, 2007, 01:51 PM
The grass looks cute:) I really am excited for beta 5. Also(silly suggestion) even though it's almost like the show thing, will you make any way to befriend a legendary and call upon their assistance in some circumstances?

Midnight Beat
October 4th, 2007, 01:52 PM
The grass looks cute:) I really am excited for beta 5. Also(silly suggestion) even though it's almost like the show thing, will you make any way to befriend a legendary and call upon their assistance in some circumstances?

You mean like in a battle?

koji_234
October 4th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Er, like if you want a scene with them, maybe? Actually, nvm, It'd be kind of difficult, I'm guessing.

destinedjagold
October 4th, 2007, 02:15 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
An update!

nice screenies! And the grass (with their animations) is simply amazing, zel!

Who-hoo! Well, best of luck!

~CyberKitsune09~
October 4th, 2007, 02:35 PM
zel,

This looks GREAT I do hope you get the Radio working (b5?) and well...
NICE job so far

-New to PokeCommuinty CpuDuDe11

Zowayix
October 4th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Um... the new grass looks sort of... odd...
(No offense but I sorta liked the B4 grass better)

Sagiri
October 4th, 2007, 06:04 PM
You hacking fast Zel.
Again Betas get better and better. I only checked her once or twice since the PokeBeeper was announced.
Oh, I have a question for Zel. When did you start hacking ShinyGold?
Well here is a link to the old thread. -> Shiny Gold (http://pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=74447)
I'm guessing it wasn't to far apart from the first post on that thread.
If its September, I'm guessing it was started in August.

Midnight Beat
October 4th, 2007, 06:06 PM

Well here is a link to the old thread. -> Shiny Gold (http://pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=74447)
I'm guessing it wasn't to far apart from the first post on that thread.

Ripper
October 4th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Hmmm... This new grass.. I don't really like it. It appears that the blades are a bit too big and the colour is brighter than what I'm used to with SG... I suppose I'll get used to itthough :P Game's still looking awesome!

Prof. 9
October 5th, 2007, 12:31 AM
The thing is that I have something planned for that "extra" HM (something planned to make more field moves available), so, as of now, Clamperl or any other Poke that learns it naturally.If you're not gonna make it an HM, why not make a re-buyable TM? Or a Move Tutor that teaches Whirlpool over and over again?

Anyway, good luck with your hack =D
I love the new grass =D

Nicolas
October 5th, 2007, 03:03 AM
Hi zel!
I have a question...
are you gonna make the trainer sprites like in D/P?
if you are the sprites will kinda match the game's overworld.

and I love the new overworld changes they are so D/P styled =)

Shiun Enshidia
October 5th, 2007, 04:17 AM
I must admit, the grass is amazing. This is slowly becomming less of a hack and more of the next version of Pokemon...I mean the games have been screaming for a remake, knowing Nintendo, this IS the remake.
Good Luck with whatever is left to do, You have my support.

Nicolas
October 5th, 2007, 04:55 AM
I can't seem to get to the director in goldenrod...=(
can anyone help me? help will be much appreciated....

tImE
October 5th, 2007, 05:25 AM
Hey I've found some tile-errors in one of the screens you posted.

By the way I just love the new grass and palettes.

//44tim44

suoert
October 5th, 2007, 09:02 AM
cool, it's cool that you can buy bagon now. it is one of my favorite pokemon.

palkey1
October 5th, 2007, 09:06 AM
yay babon is the best other than nidoran male

[QUOTE=palkey1;2964333]yay babon is the best other than nidoran male[/QUOTE

slight mistake i meant bagon

shinygoldash
October 5th, 2007, 09:10 AM
if zel hasen't decided about were mew will go maybe he can make
faraway island with the mew event.lol.

palkey1
October 5th, 2007, 09:14 AM

or he could put it in after completeing the pokedex for two regions

the pokemon you get a mew or.... jirachi or celebie

~Areku-San
October 5th, 2007, 09:16 AM
This hack is Awesome, Amazing, etc. Hehe
Good Luck Friend Zel!

shinygoldash
October 5th, 2007, 09:26 AM
celebi and jirachi have been added.. zel said quie a while ago,jirachi will be in route...nt saying but a route in kanto.celebi is in ilex forest with gs ball event.

suoert
October 5th, 2007, 10:23 AM
maybe jirache would be in a event near moont moon, as jirache has strong conection to space and mt.moon too.
it would be logical if jirachi was there

iTeruri
October 5th, 2007, 10:25 AM
I like the new tiles. I like the effort you put in this hack: the phone boothes, the legendairy dogs, Johto and the Kanto region from Gold.

zel 2.0
October 5th, 2007, 07:01 PM
shiny gold looks better and better every time i see it but would be nice to have cinabar change and have an event.

As I said before no. Because I want to please everyone, so I leave a few things as in the original, and a few others I apply some changes. Basically I repeat: I don't like changing the geography.

The idea is not bad, but I have already thought of everything related to the legendaries. Maybe some other hacker can make use of your idea. Doesn't sound that hard to implement, if you are a medium or higher-experienced scripter.

zel,

This looks GREAT I do hope you get the Radio working (b5?) and well...
NICE job so far

-New to PokeCommuinty CpuDuDe11

Sorry, but I have already added many new features in this B5. I want to have a few more for the next one.

Um... the new grass looks sort of... odd...
(No offense but I sorta liked the B4 grass better)

Well, it's a matter of opinion, as you can see, some people have liked it, while some others not. In the end, you know it's all down to my decision, which is: "it stays, 'cause I like it and don't want to change it again"

If its September, I'm guessing it was started in August.

In fact, I posted that thread on September, but I had another thread before that (though very few people would remember now. It was originally destroyed because of a backup made on Pokecommunity, which also destroyed entirely the Documents/Tutorials and the Toolbox sections), and it was posted sometime around August (we were having lots of Database problems back then, and PC was closed for almost a month)

Anyway, I even started my hack WAY before that. I started it on May/June of 2006, so I took a few months till I decided to post it, 'cause you know me, I always like to have a lot of work done before posting it (which is something a lot of hackers could take as advice ;))

Thanks for the nostalgic moment... Nostalgia... (I'm so smart making word games... XP)

If you're not gonna make it an HM, why not make a re-buyable TM? Or a Move Tutor that teaches Whirlpool over and over again?

For the move tutor, remember that I cannot edit the move they taught (but, with so much stuff being discovered lately, I don't doubt it'll be known soon), for the TM, I don't know what to take from the list. I'm reluctanct to touch anything there (anything anywhere, in fact -_-)

Hi zel!
I have a question...
are you gonna make the trainer sprites like in D/P?
if you are the sprites will kinda match the game's overworld.

and I love the new overworld changes they are so D/P styled =)

You mean like, being those "big headed" overworlds? No... I hate them...

I just put a few DP graphics, but that doesn't mean the hack will be DP styled (wait for a DP remake for that)

Hey I've found some tile-errors in one of the screens you posted.

By the way I just love the new grass and palettes.

//44tim44

Oh, minor mapping errors. Thanks, but I prefer such kind of things were not posted. If I start accepting those kind of problems, then a lot of other tiles problems will start getting reported and I prefer to leave that stuff for when I have to make the final release of the game.

I put on my paper something about a new island with Mew, don't know if that means something like Faraway Island or not. Guess I left room for my creativity there ;)

maybe jirache would be in a event near moont moon, as jirache has strong conection to space and mt.moon too.
it would be logical if jirachi was there

Jirachi on Mt.Moon sounds better than what I had implemented, but, meh... I have put it already, and the event is quite surprising, as long as you manage to figure out what to do.

whats the progress zel?...we understand u have university, just keep at it and dont give up XD

Well, a new weekend starts and if I manage to have a break between my Uni Stuff I'll keep practicing more music inserting (getting better results now), and... I don't know... Really... (*A bit confused right now*)

is there a new legendary at b5

You should read a few posts before asking, usually to follow the conversation flow. The new B5 legendaries were mentioned already.

Tired... But happy... :)

Gerri Shin
October 5th, 2007, 08:07 PM
I know you say you want to stick to original gold as much as possible, but I'm just a little curious. are you going to implement the battle tower and trainer hill anywhere. (i also remember you saying that you're NOT sticking in the BF, but seeing as those 2 features were in FR anyway...)

~Ryukaa
October 5th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Good Job Zel, I hope you succeed with the whole hack!! :)

suoert
October 6th, 2007, 12:36 AM
This hack is starting to get really really good, i would say this is better than anything nintendo can do with pokemon.
well, this is not entirely true because if there wasn't any nintendo pokemon games this hack wouldn't be possible

Binary
October 6th, 2007, 01:11 AM
YA LOL.
This hack is better than any original game!!

Bhaal
October 6th, 2007, 02:25 AM
....EVER! this is BY FAR my favourite hack. Awesome work ZEL, AWESOME!

EDIT: Also, i was wondering with all this talk about beta 5, is there a link for that? seeing as there's videos on youtube i thought it might have been released. (mainly as i want to catch the dogs)

Lupe
October 6th, 2007, 03:33 AM
is zel done with b5 if he is wondering why he wont release the beta

Zowayix
October 6th, 2007, 04:34 AM
read the first post PLEASE!

yes, zel has reached the point where he could release beta 5, but it says that he wants to reach up to mt. moon first before releasing the beta.

Katalyst
October 6th, 2007, 07:09 AM
Nice one with the three dogs, Zel! The new grass tiles are cool, too. And Deoxys? Have you already imagined what to do for it? Anyways, this hack keeps getting better and better. Keep up!

Lady Berlitz
October 6th, 2007, 07:17 AM
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee187/zelard/image031.png

Nice... Never thought I'd see that again... the coin-to-Pokemon exchange...
Also can't believe that you can actually get Castform, Mr. Mime, Eevee, Bagon and Poryon, and whatever else there is... keep up the great work Zel...

bary93
October 6th, 2007, 07:17 AM
Hi everyone.
Where i find HM Rock Smash?

Midnight Beat
October 6th, 2007, 07:19 AM
Hi everyone.

Hey I see your new here so let me give you a heads up. For questions like this your gonnna want to check the guide on the first post.

Lady Berlitz
October 6th, 2007, 07:21 AM
Hi everyone.

Hey I see your new here so let me give you a heads up. For questions like this your gonnna want to check the guide on the first post.Or you can just simply PM Zel and wait until he answers you.

....EVER! this is BY FAR my favourite hack. Awesome work ZEL, AWESOME!

EDIT: Also, i was wondering with all this talk about beta 5, is there a link for that? seeing as there's videos on youtube i thought it might have been released. (mainly as i want to catch the dogs)PLEASE READ THE FIRST POST...
It gets annoying, it's common sense, if he's done, he'll give us a link... Please don't bump anymore...
And the whole point of "this whole talk on beta 5" is that we're wondering what it'd be like, etc...

Erimgard
October 6th, 2007, 11:25 AM
zel himself said he doesn't expect to finish it in 2007

Zowayix
October 6th, 2007, 11:33 AM
he said he wouldn't release beta 5 until 2008?
i don't remember him saying that...
Or do you mean finishing the final version?

Erimgard
October 6th, 2007, 11:41 AM
final version. sorry for the confusion...

Zanacross
October 6th, 2007, 01:10 PM
But i want a flash cart so i can play on this all the time.

SerenadeDS
October 6th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Well, it's nice to see that everything is going good! Can't wait till Beta 5.
Well, I bet none of can :P

Great Job on Shiny Gold Zel! You've still got PCs attention! Keep it that way. Good Luck Zel!

MsBroccoli
October 6th, 2007, 01:29 PM
This looks really cool, can't wait for the final product!:snea:

Pieandcowz
October 6th, 2007, 01:57 PM
how do I get past that giant rock thing after i beat the Dragons Den???

Midnight Beat
October 6th, 2007, 01:58 PM
how do I get past that giant rock thing after i beat the Dragons Den???

You can't, that area wont be available until a later version of the game.

Pieandcowz
October 6th, 2007, 02:51 PM
oh... Also can anyone map out victory road for me???

BTW when you beat the elite 4 when it goes to the credits theres a ass load of tile errors

Zowayix
October 6th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Huh? What do you mean? If you mean getting a map of victory road, do this:
open shinygold in advance map and open header 1 (I think) and you will find the victory road maps, hope this helps

Midnight Beat
October 6th, 2007, 04:07 PM
You could do what Zowayix suggested or you could use the strategy guide on the first post.

BTW when you beat the elite 4 when it goes to the credits theres a ass load of tile errors
That's only because Zel hasn't finished remapping Kanto and it got screwed up when he made all the tile changes.

Godot
October 6th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Zel, your hack is amazing! Gold/Silver were my favorite pokemon games and its great to see Gold with gba graphics. Keep up the great work!

But am i supposed to have 999999 poke dollars and ?73 potions? O_o

Short Range
October 6th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Zel, your hack is amazing! Gold/Silver were my favorite pokemon games and its great to see Gold with gba graphics. Keep up the great work!

Are you complaining? XD

No seriously I wouldn't complain about infinate Potions and Max Money. When you run out of Money just sell the potions. XD

Aqua Mudkip
October 6th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Please Zel, don't sell your game. It's piracy... for some people said in some other forum.

SerenadeDS
October 6th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Please Zel, don't sell your game. It's piracy... for some people said in some other forum.

Are you serious!?!? >_> Zel is agianst Pirates!! He has NOTHING to do with his game being sold.
Excpet makeing the game :P

So... Yea...

Apple Inc.
October 6th, 2007, 06:27 PM

Zel isn't behind the selling of this hack. Other Piraters put it on flashcarts and sell it like that, honestly these piraters lose money because the flashcart costs 50-60 dollars and the game is sold for like 20

Aqua Mudkip
October 6th, 2007, 07:05 PM
That's really awful... Those Pirates should go DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN and DOWN! for selling Zel's game. It's not right without permission!

SSJ4 Furanki
October 6th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Hey Zel, this is looking great, I like how you have added the event for Suicune, Entei and Raikou also the Game Corner with the Bagon, can't wait to see more.

zel 2.0
October 6th, 2007, 09:11 PM
I know you say you want to stick to original gold as much as possible, but I'm just a little curious. are you going to implement the battle tower and trainer hill anywhere. (i also remember you saying that you're NOT sticking in the BF, but seeing as those 2 features were in FR anyway...)

The Battle Tower will be, because in fact, it's a place where a few rivals could hang out to battle from time to time. And the trainer hill... What was that? I don't remember...

Nice one with the three dogs, Zel! The new grass tiles are cool, too. And Deoxys? Have you already imagined what to do for it? Anyways, this hack keeps getting better and better. Keep up!

*looks at paper again* yes, I have something wicked and evilish :badsmile: planned for it...

Also can't believe that you can actually get Castform, Mr. Mime, Eevee, Bagon and Poryon, and whatever else there is... keep up the great work Zel...

In fact Mimey, Eevee and Porygon were originally in Gold, so not much to be surprised about there ;)
And Bagon is there just because it will be needed sometime. *closes mouth*

zel himself said he doesn't expect to finish it in 2007

Yeah, ever wondered why the "2006-2008", the idea is that it will be finished sometime around the next year.
And about the Beta5 it should be out this year, but, when, I don't really know yet (and wouldn't tell anyway, you know it'll be posted suddenly when I feel it's time, don't want to mess up giving release dates again)

People around youtube likes to make lots of videos about the game. So, most likely, there is one about how to navigate through Victory Road (if not, I'd be surprised...)

No need of cheating by seeing my maps! lol

Definitely not. But it's the kind of errors due to hacking a game. It's the first time I heard about the problem you mention, but I heard about Bad Eggs showing up and player's name getting truncated.

Just to be safe, did you use any kind of cheat code? I think those things usually do evil stuff to hacked games. If not, oh well, it's not that bad the error, right? :laugh:

Wow... Really tired of dealing with music again. It's simple, but it requires a lot of trial/error/fixing, but I keep learning and improving little by little.
That's all I did on the hack today, and I'll keep on this the next days till I start getting better results (specially when there's the looping involved)

destinedjagold
October 6th, 2007, 10:23 PM
weeeee! keep it up, zel! Best of luck and always reach the stars up high! ;)

johnlycett
October 6th, 2007, 11:14 PM
Nice work!! Not that long now, good work i hate it how people blame the piracy issue on you.

It's not him!!

Shiun Enshidia
October 7th, 2007, 12:12 AM
I sure am liking how the game is going.
Now I just need to find something to ask which hasn't already been answered...thats hard considering your getting close.
Oh their is something small, although its about the spelling of Fuscia City's Gym Leader. In Gold it was Janine or something, in FR it was Charine or something like that. Which one will you use? (I seriously need to find something better to ask then that)

Oh yeah.
Will you be adding additional, harder, Silver battles? I mean, the last one (canon anyway) is at Mt. Moon. Seeing as how theirs going to be another area, would you add anymore. I mean, theirs already 2 other rivals who will most likely get new battles but will Silver?

destinedjagold
October 7th, 2007, 12:58 AM
I think zel stated that he'll add the Battle Tower where the rivals will hang out...

Crosell
October 7th, 2007, 01:31 AM
Nice zel It's working out better and better..
I was thinking about a movie with Jimmy The character G/S/C
If you won't find a way to make the legendary dogs run around Johto,maybe adding an event instead is much more fun..
Like Raikou,you can make the event for him like in that movie ( legend of thunder)
I'm sure you will find a way to make those dogs run around Johto but it's just incase it doesn't work :)
anyway good luck with Shiny Gold hope it get's finished soon ..
XxX Crossel XxX

thethethethe
October 7th, 2007, 01:44 AM
Nice zel It's working out better and better..
I was thinking about a movie with Jimmy The character G/S/C
If you won't find a way to make the legendary dogs run around Johto,maybe adding an event instead is much more fun..
Like Raikou,you can make the event for him like in that movie ( legend of thunder)
I'm sure you will find a way to make those dogs run around Johto but it's just incase it doesn't work :)
anyway good luck with Shiny Gold hope it get's finished soon ..
XxX Crossel XxX

Have you seen the video yet? He already has the dogs running around Johto.

EBAiscool
October 7th, 2007, 06:49 AM
I know a glitch in Beta 4. Its when you find shinies all the time. What you do is after you battle red gyrados, immediately press A and then you will always find shiny Pokemon. I tested it. It works.

Midnight Beat
October 7th, 2007, 07:18 AM
Oh their is something small, although its about the spelling of Fuscia City's Gym Leader. In Gold it was Janine or something, in FR it was Charine or something like that. Which one will you use? (I seriously need to find something better to ask then that)

I think you may be a little confused. In Fire Red the Fuchsia gym leader was Koga, in Gold it was his daughter.

I know a glitch in Beta 4. Its when you find shinies all the time. What you do is after you battle red gyrados, immediately press A and then you will always find shiny Pokemon. I tested it. It works.

Alright, before you post anymore glitches, read the first post. This along with pretty much all the glitches in beta 4 have been found and will be fixed in beta 5.

Geeked
October 7th, 2007, 07:29 AM
ALMOST 1000 POST SHINY GOOD IS AWESOME KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ZEL

Apple Inc.
October 7th, 2007, 08:19 AM
Zel: Trainer Hill was in Pokemon Emerald and is the same as the Trainer Tower in Firered, in case you aren't sure what it is, you have to scale 5-8 floors each with battles on each one and when you got to the top you got a prize. In Emerald each floor had a puzzle and double battles on each floor and i believe only 5 floors. In Firered you decided if you want double or single and the difficulty level, there are no puzzles. There was an occasional Shiny in Firered and everytime you battled that trainer that Pokemon would be Shiny. Also in Emerald some trainers had legendaries and unique Pokemon like Unown, Entei and Articuno. You were also allowed to use any Pokemon you wanted

ShinyGold2
October 7th, 2007, 08:20 AM
1000th post
great hack i love it