PDA

View Full Version : FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Godot
October 7th, 2007, 08:22 AM
Just to be safe, did you use any kind of cheat code? I think those things usually do evil stuff to hacked games. If not, oh well, it's not that bad the error, right? :laugh:

lol no i didnt use a code, i just noticed it when i went to buy some potions after losing to carlos in the violet city gym and it said "you have no room for these" and i looked and i had that many potions and looked at my money and had 999999 O_o lol

EDIT: 1000th reply! and 1001th post! yey :)

shinygoldash
October 7th, 2007, 10:46 AM
i'm not gonna be playing shiny gold for a while but i know that it will take a long time.

(to the 1000th post addicts)it's just a number of posts not any thing special.good luck zel
i'll pm u some screenies of what an island with mew could look like.

ljdontplay
October 7th, 2007, 10:47 AM
hey zel! i can see that shinygold is still doin great after all this time! yea man, i just checked out of the hospital, hope shin y gold always does graet!!!

Symbol
October 7th, 2007, 01:50 PM
I'm not gonna play the game until the next version comes out. It will be better.

destinedjagold
October 7th, 2007, 02:35 PM
i agree.

ehehheh.

anyways, best of luck, zel. ;)

Dr.Garchomp
October 7th, 2007, 03:04 PM
I've seen the legendary dog video, and it looks pretty good:) BTW, is the hoenn battle music just temporary?

Light_Lugia
October 7th, 2007, 03:40 PM
This hack is really cool... but I'm waiting for the next Beta until I start playing it. Good work! No, GREAT work!

SSJ4 Furanki
October 7th, 2007, 05:36 PM
I have a question zel, about how that Ruby and Sapphire, Oak thing. Will you have to do a sidequest?

Nicolas
October 8th, 2007, 01:49 AM
hi zel, I'm now spriting the new key items in shiny gold beta 5!
well good luck on it.
And there's more, I noticed that all th=e trainers in the game that can be registered in the phone are the trainers whos names are:

ex.
11/trainer/2

gotron228
October 8th, 2007, 02:50 AM
Go Zel! I love the way you do ur hacks!

Martin Yiu
October 8th, 2007, 03:06 AM
Hi Carlos, it has been a long time since I came to this thread last time. Mainly because I have many things to do :D

Anyways, I am here to offer you help when making rado system. I did a base of the so-called radio system in Semele's hack Liquid Ocean, but I didn't finish it as we split up and each one have project to do (no one knows about mine because I still didn't post it here).

About the system: I was planning to connect all the radios with a bunch of flags and using a few practically similar scripts and just cycling the programmes on air, maybe adding some special ones when doing some task, giving some hints depending on the flag activated in the script of the task and so on. If you want, feel free to tell me. I am really happy that you are making this progresss ;)

I have a n00b-type question: Will you put any G/S beta maps into SG? As you said it doesn't have to be exact copy of G/S/C, maybe some beta maps might be revamped and some events added, and the places will open after beating E4 or so... But I think the answer will be no :D

(For everyone loving GSC beta maps wait for my new project which will include FR revamps of GSC beta maps :D No offense to this hack, really)

Anyways, good luck and see ya!

~Martin

DarthSenorQueso
October 8th, 2007, 08:53 AM
well he is adding trainer tower he said that but not the hill....

Symbol
October 8th, 2007, 08:55 AM
Man....I just cant wait for beta 5, its going to RULE!

DarthSenorQueso
October 8th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Or the final Relese!!!looks awesome so far.

Gerri Shin
October 8th, 2007, 08:59 AM
well he is adding trainer tower he said that but not the hill....

umm just to point something out the Trainer Hill from emerald and the trainer tower from FR are the exact same thing, just different names for different versions. Zel said he is going to ad the Battle Tower, but hasn't said anything about the other. either way he can do as he likes it's his game.
(and it totally Rules!!!)
Ehem sorry about that outburst it was unbecoming of me

DarthSenorQueso
October 8th, 2007, 09:00 AM
I ment battle tower.Sorry

Symbol
October 8th, 2007, 09:03 AM
I just really want him to add that payphone thing, it seems cool.

DarthSenorQueso
October 8th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Well he is if you read he already did the script.

Symbol
October 8th, 2007, 09:08 AM
yeah, I know he'll add it, but like...I just cant wait for the next beta to release...who know how long it'll be till its out:\

zel 2.0
October 8th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Alright, people, easy, easy...

Hey, things really change while I'm busy writing a post (thanks to whoever is paying attention to spammy posts, probably Semele)

I sure am liking how the game is going.
Now I just need to find something to ask which hasn't already been answered...thats hard considering your getting close.
Oh their is something small, although its about the spelling of Fuscia City's Gym Leader. In Gold it was Janine or something, in FR it was Charine or something like that. Which one will you use? (I seriously need to find something better to ask then that)

Oh yeah.
Will you be adding additional, harder, Silver battles? I mean, the last one (canon anyway) is at Mt. Moon. Seeing as how theirs going to be another area, would you add anymore. I mean, theirs already 2 other rivals who will most likely get new battles but will Silver?

I used Janine, because that's how she's called at Gold (I do remeber her being called Charine, but when you have to compare: Janine > Charine)

And for additional Silver battles I don't think I'm gonna do that, mainly because he's an original character from Gold and I want to stick with what they (Nintendo) did with him (I can do anything I want with my extra trainers, though)

Zel: Trainer Hill was in Pokemon Emerald and is the same as the Trainer Tower in Firered, in case you aren't sure what it is, you have to scale 5-8 floors each with battles on each one and when you got to the top you got a prize. In Emerald each floor had a puzzle and double battles on each floor and i believe only 5 floors. In Firered you decided if you want double or single and the difficulty level, there are no puzzles. There was an occasional Shiny in Firered and everytime you battled that trainer that Pokemon would be Shiny. Also in Emerald some trainers had legendaries and unique Pokemon like Unown, Entei and Articuno. You were also allowed to use any Pokemon you wanted

Interesting, well, thanks for informing me about it. I haven't used FR's Trainer Tower, so it's still available if I decide to put it somewhere after Red's defeat.

I've seen the legendary dog video, and it looks pretty good:) BTW, is the hoenn battle music just temporary?

Yes, it is.

I have a question zel, about how that Ruby and Sapphire, Oak thing. Will you have to do a sidequest?

No, you don't really need the Ruby and Sapphire because it's all related to a certain flag to be setted on. So, the only thing you need to do in order to activate it will be to reach Pallet and talk with Oak (which means it won't be available on B5)

And there's more, I noticed that all th=e trainers in the game that can be registered in the phone are the trainers whos names are:

ex.
11/trainer/2

Yes, by the way, regarding the rematch trainers I have something else to ask to everyone at the end of this post.

Hi Carlos, it has been a long time since I came to this thread last time. Mainly because I have many things to do :D

Anyways, I am here to offer you help when making rado system. I did a base of the so-called radio system in Semele's hack Liquid Ocean, but I didn't finish it as we split up and each one have project to do (no one knows about mine because I still didn't post it here).

About the system: I was planning to connect all the radios with a bunch of flags and using a few practically similar scripts and just cycling the programmes on air, maybe adding some special ones when doing some task, giving some hints depending on the flag activated in the script of the task and so on. If you want, feel free to tell me. I am really happy that you are making this progresss ;)

I have a n00b-type question: Will you put any G/S beta maps into SG? As you said it doesn't have to be exact copy of G/S/C, maybe some beta maps might be revamped and some events added, and the places will open after beating E4 or so... But I think the answer will be no :D

(For everyone loving GSC beta maps wait for my new project which will include FR revamps of GSC beta maps :D No offense to this hack, really)

Anyways, good luck and see ya!

~Martin

About the radio system, it's still something that I'm not worried about at least for the next Beta, and most likely, I'll do it myself 'cause it's a funny event to script XP

About your question, I was suggested to add that Safari Zone map, and I put it in. The other Beta maps were from locations that were fixed on Gold, so I'll only remake the "fixed" versions, and not the Beta ones (doesn't make too much sense), but who knows, maybe there could be extra locations with a certain resemblance to those Beta maps.

OK, I'll ask this again (I think this'll be the last time). If anyone wants to help me with a full list of the rematch trainers lineups (you know, they increase their pokes levels and ammounts, so I need a full list of all those changes), please I need that to keep improving the Phone Booth and Rematch Trainers scripts. I could do it myself, but then that would take a LOT of my time that I could use to do more important stuff. I hope that someone's up to such tedious task (I'm not, for sure... But if I have to, I'd do it, wasting lots of time, though), credits will be given obviously.

DarthSenorQueso
October 8th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Um........on mine farfetcch wennt into the trees

Went
October 8th, 2007, 10:14 AM

Give as much information as you can, please. Where did you talk to it? Did you save (start-save) before that? Did you use any cheat? That glitch is really old and has been bugging me for several months!

DarthSenorQueso
October 8th, 2007, 10:18 AM
no cheats um.. no save and secod talk um below it.

shinygoldash
October 8th, 2007, 10:19 AM

that has already been posted.you just try making him go a different direction or look at the guide.if there is too many posts like this then this thread goes bye bye.

love the hack zel. i can't wait for b5. also, the map for mew.you could play an emerald rom when ur not doing this or whatever and see what the faraway island is like.is the battle tower gonna be west of olivine cuz u could make an area north of the miltank farm and have it like the battle area in DIAMOND.

onwards and upwards

SGash

DarthSenorQueso
October 8th, 2007, 10:20 AM
Well went just asked me so I told him.
And it is not spam telling him that the hack is good is spam telling him about glitches is the whole point of this forum!

Samuel.Olu
October 8th, 2007, 10:52 AM
i'll just like to say, Zel i love your hack, i'm not normally a Rom-Hacker but when i saw this i was Awestruck i absolutley loved the Grahpics its was AWESOME! good luck with the rst of the hack ;):)

DarthSenorQueso
October 8th, 2007, 11:38 AM
WEll I hope mt moon is bigger here.

Zanacross
October 8th, 2007, 11:40 AM
I think it will be

or i hope it will be seen as their might be an event there

~Dai-kun~
October 8th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Umm..okay that was strange anyways Zel you are indeed a great hack remaker so take as much time as you possibly can because I know there are some impatient ones out there. So just wait peoples! Anyways keep it up Zel and let this heave of courage get you to Mt. Silver.

aznsparky
October 9th, 2007, 11:02 AM
i dont wanna be a dick and all is beta 5 out yet?
and if i get beta 5 does it restart my beta 4?

Erimgard
October 9th, 2007, 11:06 AM
read the first post. Beta 5 is not out yet
if you get beta 5, you'll want to start over because some things have been changed and using old save states on a new beta is never a good idea

DarthSenorQueso
October 9th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Well i am going tokeep all betas from 4 to final ...

Wickedshadow
October 9th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Every time i open my Tm Case to learn cut it like shows cut and flash but it shows like letters all together and it freezes my game :S can any 1 hlp me?

DarthSenorQueso
October 9th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Probebly a bad rom um get a differnt one and download latest beta.

Wickedshadow
October 9th, 2007, 11:32 AM
yea i have Beta 4 i think its the rom

MsBroccoli
October 9th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Is it okay to make an article on Wikihow on how to do certain things in Shiny Gold?

msdmario
October 15th, 2007, 06:59 PM
OK, I'll ask this again (I think this'll be the last time). If anyone wants to help me with a full list of the rematch trainers lineups (you know, they increase their pokes levels and ammounts, so I need a full list of all those changes), please I need that to keep improving the Phone Booth and Rematch Trainers scripts. I could do it myself, but then that would take a LOT of my time that I could use to do more important stuff. I hope that someone's up to such tedious task (I'm not, for sure... But if I have to, I'd do it, wasting lots of time, though), credits will be given obviously.

Zel, I'll help you compile a complete list of all those rematch trainers. I already started working on that last week. I was going to let you know about this sooner but PC went down as soon I started the list. If you want, I can PM you the list of the new lineups that I have already recorded.

I only have 4 of them so far since I have only 4 badges in Gold right now. Most of the rematch trainers don't update their roster unless you progress further in the game which I'm working on at the moment.

Binary
October 16th, 2007, 08:02 AM
Owee!!!PC's back and running,
Id like to see updates from ya, zel

Zanacross
October 16th, 2007, 08:04 AM
Im so glad pc is back
Zel you've had 5 days of no updates.
Hope theres more soon.

Went
October 16th, 2007, 08:20 AM
Well, news. According to his channel in Youtube and his other thread in SP (another forum), since PC was off, he decided to stop for a month and dedicate to the uni. So don't expect news too soon :(

Binary
October 16th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Oh thats bad :(
Ohwell hope he gets back to work soon......

bobmarleypeople
October 16th, 2007, 09:12 AM
Oh man. I was worried. I had an outage for longer than 5 days (maybe it felt longer, I dunno).
Glad to see everyone and everything (except my previous post) survived. I hope Zel gets his assignments sorted OK. I don't mind waiting longer for the next BETA, just as long as Zel gets his Uni work done (much more important).

zel 2.0
October 16th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Zel, I'll help you compile a complete list of all those rematch trainers. I already started working on that last week. I was going to let you know about this sooner but PC went down as soon I started the list. If you want, I can PM you the list of the new lineups that I have already recorded.

I only have 4 of them so far since I have only 4 badges in Gold right now. Most of the rematch trainers don't update their roster unless you progress further in the game which I'm working on at the moment.

Oh, that's great, thanks, I really, really need that info! Good luck on it! ^^ (You can catch me on PMs)

Well, yes. What I posted on Youtube. I'm gonna be out of hacking for like a month (since I'm gonna be a lot of my time on a different system... well, Linux, so, tools will be out of reach for quite a while) so that means I'm not gonna be able to post any kind of updates during that time. And since I want to avoid any kind of spammy posts, I'm gonna close the thread, at least during the time I'm doing my stuff.

By the way, don't get confused. I'm still able to visit PC from Linux, but, it's just that I don't have my tools or the hack around, and, anyway, I must be a little more concentrated with my own important stuff during these days, since it's the season when tests and assignments get heavier and longer to finish. But, since I'll be around PC, at least on short intervals, I'll also enable my PMing again (If you'll start PMing me about when I'll open the thread again I'll get mad and disable it, so, patience, please), and if you have questions about hacking, well, maybe a few things I'll be able to answer and maybe some other (considering my tools are out of reach), I won't.

So, in the meantime, I think there are plenty hacks around that should receive more attention (you can all thank me later :P), I'll also be paying more attention on other hacks as well, yay!

Well, that's it. You know where you can find me if you need anything ;)

(Oh, yeah! I'm still wanting to make a release of the B5 this year, let's hope I can manage to do it)

tphi
October 16th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Er...1 month...

It's...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO looooooooong !

But, when you say 1 month..

Did you mean 20-25 days, 31 days or 35-40 days ?

Or do you don't know ?

Please, a date ! When will you come back ?

Erimgard
October 16th, 2007, 10:37 AM
dude, read what he said
He doesn't want spammy/annoying posts/pm's asking when he'll return.
give him some time.

Anyway, Zel, sad to hear the hack is on hold, but school comes first obviously.
Good luck with your university and see ya in a month! :)

shinygoldash
October 16th, 2007, 10:42 AM
silver will be re battable in (not saying) and red will appear in MT SILVER every time u beat the elite 4. i wonder if he will use ash's dp sprite from the anime cuz red is ash.

anyone who wants to know where silver will end up just pm me and i'll tell u.

(edit) if u wanna play yer hack through fire red then shiny gold kanto don't.i tried when i patched over my hack and new bark town became pallet town and when i played my hack i was playing as the sg girl,all the maps were glitchy but... the events were fine.the events can not ever be broken .this proves that u should not use a bad rom.

onwards and upwards

sgash, the creator of pkmn future.

Espreon
October 16th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Just because your not using Window$ does not mean you can't use your hacking tools, on a Linux system if you can install Wine or it has Wine installed, open a terminal and type wine (drag and drop .exe file here), hit enter and the tools should work.

I know this cause I use Linux and am a Linux fanatic.

Godot
October 16th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Take all the time you need, Zel. Youve worked hard for a long time and you deserve a break. We can wait until you get back :) enjoy your break

Apple Inc.
October 16th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Wow, closing you're second thread. I think it may be possible to re-open a thread later and if u can't I don't know what you're gonna name the new thread

em2241992
October 16th, 2007, 01:55 PM
this is a great game, also Zel i like the end of the pokemon league, its different and creative

maggi90w1
October 16th, 2007, 02:42 PM
wow, that has to be one of the best pokemon hacks ever.

Dr.Garchomp
October 16th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Maybe there's the possibilty of the Beta 5 being a Halloween present :P lol, just thought i'd make a little post before the thread closes down for a time. Anywho, hope you can finish the next beta soon!

shinygoldash
October 16th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Maybe there's the possibilty of the Beta 5 being a Halloween present :P lol, just thought i'd make a little post before the thread closes down for a time. Anywho, hope you can finish the next beta soon!

er... it's gonna be on hold so no halloweeen beta.i dont really care when it comes out.i think zel actually needs a break from all the hard work he has done.

Binary
October 17th, 2007, 07:07 AM
Woohoo!
Its good to know your around PC zel,
Ya you should really take a break from
all the hard work you've done,
And iam glad to hear b5 will be released this year (hopefully)

Erimgard
October 17th, 2007, 07:17 AM
temporarily
he has university, so he'll be back to hacking in about a month

persian_17
October 17th, 2007, 08:14 AM
I like the X version its better than normal the normal one...
Will you put D/P pokemons here?

Zeikku™
October 17th, 2007, 08:33 AM
I like the X version its better than normal the normal one...
Will you put D/P pokemons here?

errr no..no DP pokemon, he said he may add some Dp sprites for the 386 pokemon in shiny gold..maybe even custom sprites

shinygoldash
October 17th, 2007, 09:34 AM
i don't actually care if the hack is on hold. i just hope zel is fine and when he comes back the best of luck.

(if anyone ever refer to me, call me sgash)

CelesticYellow
October 17th, 2007, 03:20 PM
This hack's awesome... I didn't post this for awhile now, because I knew that you got enough of those! :3
But, I did anyways... and it feels so good! I might make more comments!

Anyways, keep it up, Zel, and since SG is on hold, we'll be expecting more ideas... plus, I'd love to see new music, tiles, etc. (even though that has already been said before.)

Keep it up, Zel!

light_trainer921
October 18th, 2007, 02:04 AM
You're releasing it this year? I can't wait but I'm really paying attention on other hacks as well as developing my own hack. But I'm really paying attention on watching PMD2 videos on YouTube. Anyway, keep up the good work.

Christos
December 30th, 2007, 10:38 PM
The thread was re-opened by request.

Momoko
December 30th, 2007, 10:40 PM
It's awesome that your opened this thread again Zel! I'll be waiting for updates :D I'll also check the first post to see if there's anything new..till then gud luk :P

destinedjagold
December 30th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Reopened..?
Oh my~ I'm so excited! Maybe zel's about to give us an update! YAY!

Happy New Year~

Sansa Stark
December 30th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Goodness, it's open!
This is astonishing.

I'm interested in finding out what else he did with B5, and if there are any new/good concepts. :<

ShyRayq
December 31st, 2007, 12:57 AM
WHAT! (mouth wide open)
it's open again
well it's say's he's just finishing the Xversion
so just a tiny bit more and i get to play Xversion of beta5!

Random
December 31st, 2007, 01:09 AM
Zomg! I wonder why the thread was re-opened, surely something exciting is about to come. ;)

Happy New Years Eve~

hi sir tomato my password is syvniti
December 31st, 2007, 01:20 AM
If you have been reading zels *Status* it says *Just finishing the X version* And few days ago i said betatestingXD
And I don't even have time to try the new beta right now....

jscalalamoboy
December 31st, 2007, 01:31 AM
yay, zel said he was going to release the new beta. he also said he would release it before 2008. im so excited!

cgnius
December 31st, 2007, 01:48 AM
Hey Zel, You probably don't remember me because I haven't been here since like February, except to download beta4. I've read through the whole of this thread plus pages 135-203 of the old thread (yes I had a lot of time on my hands) and I have so many questions, some that I've forgotten right now so you'll probably have to come back to this post when I can musten up the energy to re-red through this thread and half of your last thread

My main question is one that probably doesn't matter now, but it's just that, I know this is meant to be a remake, but the re-make of Pokemon Red/Blue had changes. The main change I am referring to is that in pokemon Firered you can use the VS Seeker to fight virtually anyone outside caves and buildings, except that there are only a few people whose teams get stronger when you rebattle them, so, before you had put in the phone booths, I was wondering whether you were going to allow us to rebattle practically everyone that was outside a cave or building, except that the trainers that you could rebattle in GSC would improve their teams like in Firered?

Obviously with the addition of phone booths you won't be doing that now, which I think is a shame, but I'm just wondering if, in hindsight, you would have thought about it? (It would make me feel better about not being here to suggest the idea before you added the phone booths if you wouldn;t have)

Some other questions that I can remember off the top of my head:

Will the guy from FR/LG who teaches Blast Burn/Frenzy Plant or (i think it is called) Hydro Cannon be in SG? if so would you be able to teach these moves to your starter, or the kanto starters?

I think I read that the Move re-learner would be in SG (the guy who teaches a pokemon's old moves in exchange for Heart Scales/ Mushrooms) but what about the move tutors from E/FR/LG who teach Body Slam and other such moves?

I was wondering if you planned on doing anything with HM08 Dive? it really annoyed me that you couldn't dive in FR/LG

Also, after you battle Silver for the last time (in Mt Moon I think) would you be able to make it so that you can sometimes re-battle Silver in the Indigo plateau PC in front of the steps leading to the pokemon league, just like in GSC?

Also, if you haven't thought about it, I have an idea for getting the starter that Silver takes: After you battle Silver at Mt Moon, and he realises about love and trust and etc, he could leave his (in my case, since I usually choose Totdile) Meganium at the day care and then the next time you go to day care they could give you a chikorita egg (or whichever starter your rival took)

Like I said, I probably have some more questions that I can't remember right now, which I'll come up with after I re-read your two threads. Anyway, it looks like a great hack. I love the idea about the trick house. Keep up the good work!

Iceshadow1
December 31st, 2007, 01:50 AM
woah man zel you are one talented hacker
cant wait for the hack
happy new years eve every1

Nicolas
December 31st, 2007, 02:33 AM
Hey Zel, You probably don't remember me because I haven't been here since like February, except to download beta4. I've read through the whole of this thread plus pages 135-203 of the old thread (yes I had a lot of time on my hands) and I have so many questions, some that I've forgotten right now so you'll probably have to come back to this post when I can musten up the energy to re-red through this thread and half of your last thread……………………

………

………

Well, I think the VS Seeker is a bit complicated to Zel but I think you're right about that, since Zel actually added the Phone Booth how can he make the trainers PKMN teams get even stronger in FR/LG? but in GSC the PKMN teams of a trainer is still the same level as before when you battle them....
But still I think the teams will be tweaked and changed a bit as they battle you the 2nd or sometime, their PKMN's levels are a bit leveled up or something

Well keep up the good work there Zel and Happy New Year to everybody!

jj_olli
December 31st, 2007, 03:16 AM
Yo, the famous Shiny Gold edition is back! I hope Zel posts the beta soon, I want to catch the legendary dogs xD.

Momoko
December 31st, 2007, 03:27 AM
Yea,he will probably post by tommorow, hopefully with the beta 5! Anyways i have a question about the phone booths- sorry if it's been asked but...can u have as many people as u want on it?

Adventure
December 31st, 2007, 03:28 AM
Right.
Now I can't take it anymore, because I don't know whether to post this or where to post this, I just want help, so please don't be mad at me if this post is out of place, just direct me, ok?

Shiny Gold seems like the very best hack, but I can't play it. I know how to patch games, I've played several others. I have tried several different roms. But every time I try Shiny Gold (even tried another hack based of SG!), I can't get out of Gold's room in the beginning. Haven't seen anyone else facing this problem.
There's an invisible wall, like the FAQ said, at the stairs but it's not an ordinary wall. When I walk into it, Gold doesn't even bump like he usually does at a wall. So please.
What is this?

Hiroshi Sotomura
December 31st, 2007, 03:30 AM
HOLD IT!

Okay, small issue here.

I know most of you guys are happy about Shiny Gold being back, and that's fine and dandy, but it's off topic as to the Hacks Showcase being, well, a showcase. Shiny Gold's back, yeah yeah, but, it's strictly back to business from here on in. Having now said that, posts containing "glad you're back" or "happy new year" will be promptly knocked off as SPAM. Ask questions or just keep giving the hack praise or show off some bugs, but any more messages like I've just mentioned? Nope, this thread is back to business. No thread in this forum is made for that.

cgnius
December 31st, 2007, 03:38 AM
Yea,he will probably post by tommorow, hopefully with the beta 5! Anyways i have a question about the phone booths- sorry if it's been asked but...can u have as many people as u want on it?

No, there are only ten slots, two of which are filled by Mom and Prof Elm, as shown in the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvRS5WViYAE

Momoko
December 31st, 2007, 03:51 AM
Oh thank you for clearing that up--I should have checked the video first >.<

fabledawn-this is just out of the blue here but-u tried several different roms- u DO know that Shiny Gold will only work with fire red,right? And if so, it needs to be a clean rom that hasn't been played in at all so--yeah, hope i helped you!

Craznn
December 31st, 2007, 05:05 AM
Quick Suggestion for the Phone booth. Do you think that you can input someone in there, to like help you through the game?-Ex. You're stuck, and don't know where you should go next (Really helpful when going into the Kanto) so you phone the guy, and he gives a little helpful tip like, "Have you been to Celadon yet? I believe it's a very nice place."

Because that way --^ Spoils the game a lot less than a walkthrough :D

(Still say's i've posted only once, although I REMEMBER posting more than 4 times already...)

bobmarleypeople
December 31st, 2007, 05:10 AM
woah! iiits aliiiiiveeee!!!!!!

New year present from Zel! Awesome ^_^

Well, he did say that he hoped he was gonna release it before the new year!

Off topic note: can anyone suggest an emulator that runs on Mac OS X as I got a new computer for Christmas (iMac ^_^). (EDIT: by the way, it's an intel core processor, not a PPC (Power PC) processor)

zel 2.0
December 31st, 2007, 05:29 AM
Cool, finally I'm back on the other side of the desk, acting more like a rom hacker and not as much as a gamer XD

So, I'll be giving you the updates at the end of this post, as usual. But first thing's first, reply with Quotes Woohoo!

WHAT! (mouth wide open)
it's open again
well it's say's he's just finishing the Xversion
so just a tiny bit more and i get to play Xversion of beta5!

Oh, yes, in fact, since you know how much I suck at training at the X, it really takes me a lot of time to advance there... -_-
But read more for the updates.

Hey Zel, You probably don't remember me because I haven't been here since like February, except to download beta4. I've read through the whole of this thread plus pages 135-203 of the old thread (yes I had a lot of time on my hands) and I have so many questions, some that I've forgotten right now so you'll probably have to come back to this post when I can musten up the energy to re-red through this thread and half of your last thread

My main question is one that probably doesn't matter now, but it's just that, I know this is meant to be a remake, but the re-make of Pokemon Red/Blue had changes. The main change I am referring to is that in pokemon Firered you can use the VS Seeker to fight virtually anyone outside caves and buildings, except that there are only a few people whose teams get stronger when you rebattle them, so, before you had put in the phone booths, I was wondering whether you were going to allow us to rebattle practically everyone that was outside a cave or building, except that the trainers that you could rebattle in GSC would improve their teams like in Firered?

Obviously with the addition of phone booths you won't be doing that now, which I think is a shame, but I'm just wondering if, in hindsight, you would have thought about it? (It would make me feel better about not being here to suggest the idea before you added the phone booths if you wouldn;t have)

Some other questions that I can remember off the top of my head:

Will the guy from FR/LG who teaches Blast Burn/Frenzy Plant or (i think it is called) Hydro Cannon be in SG? if so would you be able to teach these moves to your starter, or the kanto starters?

I think I read that the Move re-learner would be in SG (the guy who teaches a pokemon's old moves in exchange for Heart Scales/ Mushrooms) but what about the move tutors from E/FR/LG who teach Body Slam and other such moves?

I was wondering if you planned on doing anything with HM08 Dive? it really annoyed me that you couldn't dive in FR/LG

Also, after you battle Silver for the last time (in Mt Moon I think) would you be able to make it so that you can sometimes re-battle Silver in the Indigo plateau PC in front of the steps leading to the pokemon league, just like in GSC?

Also, if you haven't thought about it, I have an idea for getting the starter that Silver takes: After you battle Silver at Mt Moon, and he realises about love and trust and etc, he could leave his (in my case, since I usually choose Totdile) Meganium at the day care and then the next time you go to day care they could give you a chikorita egg (or whichever starter your rival took)

Like I said, I probably have some more questions that I can't remember right now, which I'll come up with after I re-read your two threads. Anyway, it looks like a great hack. I love the idea about the trick house. Keep up the good work!

Well, first, yes, I remember you. I'm someone with a good memory, so I still remember everyone even from the older thread :)

About the phone booth thing, as we have discussed about it, this feature will replace the VS Seeker, so no more VS Seeker rebattling (and problems attached to it, and no more abuse of the gadget, anyway), because, in the end, I never figured out how the game changed the teams of the trainers, and everyone kept the same team even when you were at Kanto.
So, with the phone booth I have full control of the trainers' teams, I can decide at which moment they would level up and everything (and by the way, on the original they just evolved their lineups up to level 40 or so, and on SG they'll make it up to the 80s (and even to the 100s on the X version :O), so, even when they are gonna be less trainers to rebattle, it'll still be fun :) (and don't forget I even have more ideas to satisfy your battling needs)

Well, I haven't researched about the old woman in that place of the Sevii. In fact, I'd like to change the moves taught by all the move tutors with moves I like, so, till I or someone else figures out how this could be done (because with what I have researched, it doesn't work like changing the TMs/HMs)... A little more patience there is needed, I guess...

Yes, is in my plans to do a semi Dive function on SG (you probably have spotted some dark blue water on certain places for a while, that's the proof XD), but, like all the other moves with field effects, I'll start implementing them (or at least, leave everything ready for the next beta), because I'm kinda slow, and some of the ideas I had have been already implemented on other hacks... :laugh:

Yes, you should be able to battle him on Indigo Plateau, since that happened on GSC (and additionally, you'll find him somewhere else as well, and well... there's more stuff related to him later on the game)

Well, good to know you spent quite a lot of hours reading the threads, it makes me remember when I had to read the old thread for making my extreme FAQ... -_-

------

Okay, about the updates. As you can expect it, Shiny Gold will be released TODAY. Too bad that at this moment I'm still battling and editting trainers at the X, so I guess you X fans will have to wait till tomorrow, or Wednesday (yeah, blame me for my lack of interest of being training, and always being weak... XD), but the normal will be posted on my next post here (which will be in like, 5 or 6 hours)

And, I'm gonna post a quick resume about the features B5 contains on that same post, because this one already is quite big and don't want to extend it much more.

So, avoid the spam (dont start saying "I'm excited, cannot wait", and that usual stuff, because I'm 100% sure you really can wait 5 or 6 hours ;)), because as you know... I really want to keep this thread for a lot of time (mainly, because I'd be lazy to make a new one... -_-)

Well, glad to be back to look again as a rom hacker! :D

And, by the way, the release date I picked was because of one of my usual jokes "I hope I get to release it before this year ends", so... which would be the ideal date? The 31 of December, obviously :laugh:

pizzakoe
December 31st, 2007, 05:37 AM
Whoohoo! I am going to start all over again and put SG on my Flashcard!
Then, I'm going to game the rest of the day! PHONEBOOT! PHONEBOOT!
Sorry, if this is too much spammy, just remove it...

-Pizzakoe-

Shiun Enshidia
December 31st, 2007, 06:00 AM
It's good to see this back (sorry I had to post it)
Now too buisness...
Is there going to be any other tm's which are used for moves (rock smash, headbutt, teleport)? Sorry if that's not a good question but I had to rack my brains really far back.

Kristian
December 31st, 2007, 06:29 AM
Zel, u got a big post there yes :b
Just 1 question, will the X'version be much harder then the original?
and im glad you finally feel lake a rom hacker again! (lol)

Keep it up! ;)

Nicolas
December 31st, 2007, 06:58 AM
Zel, u got a big post there yes :b
Just 1 question, will the X'version be much harder then the original?
and im glad you finally feel lake a rom hacker again! (lol)

Keep it up! ;)

Yes the X version is much harder than the Original....
See the "X"? X means harder...... hope that helped.....

pokegamefreak
December 31st, 2007, 07:18 AM
This hack is great.
I have only yet a question:

Comes there after mt. silver phantasy locations or locations of which Ash also in the series has been?

ssj
December 31st, 2007, 08:31 AM
Zel, is this the final version of shiny gold or isit the next beta?
by the way nice to see you back with your hack :)

Nicolas
December 31st, 2007, 08:35 AM
Zel, is this the final version of shiny gold or isit the next beta?
by the way nice to see you back with your hack :)

Well, I think that there are more betas to come because Zel has to do Pallet Town, Silver Cave, fix other bugs and oddities AND glitches in the game so.....
eh, this isn't the last beta or version if you call it that.....

LastHand
December 31st, 2007, 08:43 AM
Cool RR beta and shiny gold beta in the same day day! Woot! This is like Christmas all over again! Anybody know of a good place to buy a flash card? Any suggestions on what I should buy? :rambo: I wonder what zel secretly added to surprise us? :laugh:

Twinx
December 31st, 2007, 08:51 AM
Glad this is open again... Too bad we're going to have to restart our games...
mine's getting really glitchy anyway.. (I haven't restarted since Beta1)

Just wanted you guys to know that zel now has a fanclub :)
So guys join the club and show zel how many supporters he's got...

check it out :
http://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=121352

Oh.... I've added the banner in my sig, add it in yours if you want.

zel 2.0
December 31st, 2007, 10:24 AM
Well, I'm gonna upload the Beta5 of the normal version of Shiny Gold in my first post, so you know what to do after that (hmmm... just in case for the newcomers, read this guide to help you in the world of patching: How to make patches work, by Hiroshi Sotomura (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=73966))

So, let me do a quick resume of all the stuff B5 has:

Changed graphics- A few things were posted before closing the thread. I have done some more tile and palette changes, and I'll soon reupload the screenshots on the first post to match with the game. Additionaly, you can see a few more Pokemon revamps by Marnic, though the big change will be for the last release.

An extended adventure- Pay attention to this one: You'll be able to go through all the center and east of Kanto now. The only places left are Pewter and Mt.Moon, Viridian, Pallet, Cinnabar and the islands there. As always, more extra events are waiting for you, and the rivals are always ready to take some of the boringness of Kanto...

More legendaries- Finally, the dogs will be around after doing their event on Burned Tower. We've discussed about them, they'll run in the wild, and you'll find the overworlds with some luck. And they may or may not want to battle or maybe they'll run away (leaving sometimes an item behind)
Also, Jirachi can be found on the B5, but you'll have to investigate it for yourself how to get it.

Musical changes- I'm still getting used to it, so I need that you have a little more patience. There are a few tracks changes (though I still don't handle the volume well, so dont play it on full volume, you are warned! XD) By the way, thanks to Mastermind_X the battles music for Johto and Kanto will be different (but, as I said, there are still a lot of changes and improvments left in this area)

A new World Map- After a lot of time, we'll be able to fly between the cities around Johto without problems. If you were at Mastermind_X's thread about changing the world map, you should know how SG's map looks now. Still, since there are not many flypost on FR, some places were left without a flypost and you cannot fly there, these cities are Cherrygrove and Lavender (anyway, there's nothing interesting on those places...)

The phone booths- We've talked about them. Register the trainers on the phone card and call them later through the phone booths (remember that we cannot put the names of the registered trainers on the slots, so, please, make some effort and write them on paper yourself ;))
By the way, dont think that rematching them will be easy. They have their lifes, so insist and maybe they'll give you a rematch (this way you cannot abuse the rematch system :P)

The Trick House- Same idea as in RSE, located on Route36, you'll be able to do puzzles, which vary as you progress on the adventure. Once you get into Kanto, the requisites for getting new puzzles will differ a little.

And that's all I remember right now. Remember that the X version will be released either tomorrow or Wednesday (I just defeated the freaking powerful E4... -_-), so just a bit more of patience...

Well... Enjoy it!

(And by the way, hold your bugs till I update my list on my first post after releasing the X!)

Epsilon
December 31st, 2007, 10:30 AM
Great beta,
i really like it.
The new tileset looks great.
I tried the phone system, it works!

Twinx
December 31st, 2007, 10:36 AM
After a long wait, it's time for B5!

Thanks for your hard work zel...

***jumps in joy and downloads the beta

cooley
December 31st, 2007, 10:38 AM
So will savestates be a problem? I'm Playing this on my psp by the way.
Anything interesting happens before the 8th gym, because I'm about to go to Blackthorn and get a badge. ;)

~*Pikafan*~
December 31st, 2007, 10:42 AM
Yes! It's finally been released!

Zel, it looks like you finally accomplished your goal...sorta...

*downloads B5 quickly*

Went
December 31st, 2007, 10:46 AM
@ cooley: Let's see... He has changed the pointers of most of the Johto maps for the dogs event, so I don't suggest reusing savestates ^^"

Shadowz
December 31st, 2007, 10:49 AM
Sweet, Downloads. Love the tileset, is this it for the betas then??

fincs
December 31st, 2007, 10:56 AM
Well,

I have registered for downloading the beta 5 of Shiny Gold, thing that I've waited for downloading it so much. And here it is! Running on the emulator! Good work, Zel!

Horizon
December 31st, 2007, 11:11 AM
Hi Zel, not posted in any of the threads before, but (like most Pokémon fans) I've heard about the quality of your hack, and so I've decided to try it. I've begun playing it, and I have to say I'm impressed. But I have one small question to ask (sorry if it has been answered in the first post; I've checked there but I may have overlooked it :( ). When I go to save the game, it tell me that I need to change the backup memory. Does this mean I need to use savestates to save my game? Again, apologies if this has been answered before.

Keep up the good work :)

erict
December 31st, 2007, 11:19 AM
Hey Zel and everyone else... I'm new to this form.

I really LOVE ur Shiny Gold... it is AMAZING!!!
Thank u for making this.

Just a few questions...
1. I really want a Politoed, how do I evolve my Poliwhirl?
2. I got the Eevee from Bill in Goldenrod City and I want all the Eeveelutions, how do I get more Eevee's and where do I get more evolution stones? (Moon, Sun, Fire, Water, Thunderstone)
3. Is it possible to include Leafeon and Glaceon?
4. I'm still in Jhoto on Beta 4, do I have to start over with Beta 5?

Thank u for everything!!! U r the best!

pizzakoe
December 31st, 2007, 11:22 AM
Wow Zel!
I See you've changed the sprites of the pokemon!
Very beautifull! Revamps I guess?

-Pizzakoe-

Went
December 31st, 2007, 11:31 AM
Just a few questions...
1. I really want a Politoed, how do I evolve my Poliwhirl?

Can't help with this now. Maybe try using a Sun Stone.

2. I got the Eevee from Bill in Goldenrod City and I want all the Eeveelutions, how do I get more Eevee's and where do I get more evolution stones? (Moon, Sun, Fire, Water, Thunderstone)

If you want more eevees, breed it in the day care. There are evolution rocks in some certain places, but you can get one of each kind in Bill's granpa's house in Cerulean (Kanto).

3. Is it possible to include Leafeon and Glaceon?

No Sinnoh pokes, sorry.

4. I'm still in Jhoto on Beta 4, do I have to start over with Beta 5?

I really encourage it.

zel 2.0
December 31st, 2007, 11:38 AM
Hi Zel, not posted in any of the threads before, but (like most Pokémon fans) I've heard about the quality of your hack, and so I've decided to try it. I've begun playing it, and I have to say I'm impressed. But I have one small question to ask (sorry if it has been answered in the first post; I've checked there but I may have overlooked it :( ). When I go to save the game, it tell me that I need to change the backup memory. Does this mean I need to use savestates to save my game? Again, apologies if this has been answered before.

Keep up the good work :)

Well, I guess I'll reply it only once since it's been a while. First thing is: close the emulator, then, go to the folder where the patched rom is, and search for a .sav or .sa1 for the game, then delete it. Once you dont have that (also avoid using savestates for now), open the emulator and go to Options->Emulator->Save Type, and set the Flash128k option.
Once that's done, you can load the rom into the emu again and you'll be able to save.

Hope it helps, remember that this is the last time I reply about this. Sotomura already explained it in his Before Playing a Hack thread.

Wow Zel!
I See you've changed the sprites of the pokemon!
Very beautifull! Revamps I guess?

-Pizzakoe-

Glad you liked them. They are from Marnic. I'd like to have more, but he's an artist, so he needs his time to make more... :)

Mr. X
December 31st, 2007, 11:41 AM
edit - meh i think i'll wait a while until i get some progress made on the walkthrough before a i give out the link to it.

anyway the stuff i would have had might have been useless since we have a new beta now.

oh yah if you got time their are a few things i'd like to ask you. Mostly it will just help me get this walkthrough done quicker. (I've found some stuff on some maps that i would like to know about since its giving me numerous headaches while trying to get them ready to use for the walkthrough)

noah73x
December 31st, 2007, 11:54 AM
Old bugs that i found at Version 4:
-Misty's Gym, you sometimes can keep going into the water and get stuck.
-Dark/Ghost Elite 4 member, if you open you menu infront of her, you sometimes will go automaticly 5-7 steps up and may get stuck in the wall.
-At pokemon center in front of Union Cave, if you make trade between gameboys, after you leave you'll be stuck.

hope you already noticed those thing and fixed them.
ganna try version 5 now :)
your hack is the best one i seen, and the only hack that i entered my pokemon folder... hope you'll keep up with ur good work!

Went
December 31st, 2007, 12:00 PM
Old bugs that i found at Version 4:
-Misty's Gym, you sometimes can keep going into the water and get stuck.
-At pokemon center in front of Union Cave, if you make trade between gameboys, after you leave you'll be stuck.

The Cerulean gym glitch has already been fixed, thanks.
About the trade thing, well, he hasn't done anything about the trade system, and nothing will be done until the last version, soo...

Lucario rocks
December 31st, 2007, 12:30 PM
Zel, Beta 5 is wicked. I just downloaded it.

I like the carlos battle music. It's Cyrus's off team Galactic

bluetiger14
December 31st, 2007, 12:57 PM
Hey zel i was wondering if you added any new starters in B5 such as say torchic.

Mr. X
December 31st, 2007, 01:06 PM
Well i just played through part of it and found a few things that look odd...

first one

If you lose to your rival (Silver or whatever you named him) you will be sent back to the previous pokecenter. at least i think so. i sped through that part but it appears that you were sent back home and then came back out of the cherry grove pokecenter.

also the text you get for losing to silver is "Am i great of what?" i think thats gary's old text... it just dosen't look like something silver would say... i think he would say something along the lines of "weak" or something.

thats about it. the last thing might be a glitch too but i am planning on checking it out a little more before i post it.

Twinx
December 31st, 2007, 01:09 PM
I think zel said we should start posting bugs when the X version is available.
Just make a list guys and keep it 'till wednsday :)

Went
December 31st, 2007, 01:26 PM
Oh, yes, I must say that I love Goldenrod's theme, but Chrrygrove's sounds somewhat strange.

Hey zel i was wondering if you added any new starters in B5 such as say torchic.

All the starters from other gens are available (so, yes, you can find Torchic and Bulbasaur).

TheX: Try here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/hc9cs2

pkmnmaster69
December 31st, 2007, 01:42 PM
I got to admit zel B5 sure is turning out to be awesome i like those custom sprites and the new music the new tiles sure does give me a g/s/c feeling keep it up

Apple Inc.
December 31st, 2007, 01:56 PM
I really like the new music, it just makes it feel more like GSC. The trick house is awesome too. i would just suggest making the scroll a solid tile.

Are the phones in yet?Just wondering.

Yes, the phones are in this Beta. Read the Resume post next time.

Virtual Chatot
December 31st, 2007, 02:18 PM
*Crashes through window*

Awesome, I'm downloading 5 right now. I'm also happy with all the new stuff implemented. I love this hack >3

Apple Inc.
December 31st, 2007, 02:48 PM
The resume post (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=3211350&postcount=1090).

Apparently every battle past the Ekruteak gym has that theme. I'm not sure if that is supposed to happen or not.

The Kanto World Map:
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/2041/screen2sn3.png
The Johto World Map:
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/9072/screen3dv1.png
The little head however is fixed

Midnight Beat
December 31st, 2007, 02:57 PM
Just read this... there is no screenshot of it here though

:D This is where you're wrong. (not that it's a big deal)
Zel posted this (http://pkmncommunity.com/showpost.php?p=3060969&postcount=7) a little while back in Mastermind_X's tutorial.

Anyway, glad to see this thread back up and running, even if it's getting a spammy start. ;-;

I have to tell you Zel, this phone system really impressed me. You've out done yourself on this one. Also, the new music is awesome, I normally get so bored of the same tones that I just mute it, but with SG I enjoy it.

Keep up the good work, Zel, we're all here supporting you till the end.

EDIT: Lol, Garfieldlover beat me to it.

ShyRayq
December 31st, 2007, 03:02 PM
Hey it's wierd?
When i get the pokedex andcatch pokemon
When i go to have a pokemon battle on route 30
i get the message
"Cyndaquil will not obey"
and it says that it's not mine
I called myself "Gold"
but on my trainer card it says "Gol"
and now my pokemon will not obey me because they are over level 10
how can i fix this?

Midnight Beat
December 31st, 2007, 03:12 PM
Hey it's wierd?
When i get the pokedex andcatch pokemon
When i go to have a pokemon battle on route 30
i get the message
"Cyndaquil will not obey"
and it says that it's not mine
I called myself "Gold"
but on my trainer card it says "Gol"
and now my pokemon will not obey me because they are over level 10
how can i fix this?

This glitch has haunted SG for a long time. And I don't think Zel has figured out what causes it. The only thing he can up with, since it comes up so little, is that you have a bad ROM, you should find a new one an patch it instead. :\

Mr. X
December 31st, 2007, 03:13 PM
simple. get to violet city and beat falkener. either that or pray you get lucky. sometimes they will obey and some times they wont.

also did you patch over a new rom? if you didn't that might be the problem. same thing could happen from using a old save file from a previous beta

Virtual Chatot
December 31st, 2007, 03:23 PM
Also, don't use the old VisualBoy Automatically Patch thing.

Patch manually if you didn't already

DarthSenorQueso
December 31st, 2007, 03:54 PM
Try 4 shared.I did....first one.

Tuskin
December 31st, 2007, 04:25 PM
Beta five is awesome so far. Can I request tho, can someone upload or PM me a save file for when you're already at Kanto? I want to see it. I already got there in the last beta, but I lost my USB drive with it on it.

Edit: What the heck, why Am I on this account lol.

Virtual Chatot
December 31st, 2007, 04:28 PM
Beta five is awesome so far. Can I request tho, can someone upload or PM me a save file for when you're already at Kanto? I want to see it. I already got there in the last beta, but I lost my USB drive with it on it.

Edit: What the heck, why Am I on this account lol.

Wouldn't it be more fun if you played through the game like a normal person?

+Sneasel™
December 31st, 2007, 04:34 PM
Beta 5 so far is great.
I'm at sprout tower right now (I just started)
I like the Carlos battles, and how the rival is named zel.
I would try the X version, but i hate extra training.

Question to Zel:
Will you possibley allow the naming of your rival? Or are you going to keep it Zel?

~*Pikafan*~
December 31st, 2007, 04:36 PM
He's not named Zel. You can choose the name.

Twinx
December 31st, 2007, 04:37 PM
mm you chose the name of the rival in the begining.
When Oak asked you about "gary" you probably named it zel (which is the second option)

Tuskin
December 31st, 2007, 04:42 PM
Wouldn't it be more fun if you played through the game like a normal person?

That is what i'm doing right now, but I've already been through it once already.

But I just had an awesome experiance, I walk into union cave and guess what the first pokemon I run into was? Well I'll let you guess, it was certain water Pokemon from Hoenn.

~*Pikafan*~
December 31st, 2007, 04:48 PM
Mudkip, wasn't it. Yeah, he put those in there, level 1. It was in Beta 4, but very rare.

Tuskin
December 31st, 2007, 04:56 PM
Mudkip, wasn't it. Yeah, he put those in there, level 1. It was in Beta 4, but very rare.

Yeah right now i'm training it using the swaping trick.

Lady Berlitz
December 31st, 2007, 05:06 PM
Glad you released the 5th Beta, Zel. You're hack is getting more and more popular by the... second! The only thing I noticed is the new script you put in to give you the "Phone Card", you are not facing your mom. Unless you did that purposely?

I also noticed in the script of Prof. Elm he says "Mr.Pokémon" instead of "Mr. Pokémon". ;)

Moeteimasu Umi
December 31st, 2007, 05:20 PM
I finally get to play Shiny Gold!

Well so far in Beta 5 I can't complain.

This is an amazing hack.

Tuskin
December 31st, 2007, 05:20 PM
I found a bug in Beta 5, the Ilex Shrine over laps your characters sprite.

kennyj92
December 31st, 2007, 05:29 PM
well I probably won't get help with this but Im playing beta 5 on my iPod touch and when I press that the start button the screen goes back to the menu button each time I press it. I didnt have a problem with this when I played beta 4 on my iPod touch but if anybody has a suggestion it will be appreciated.

Virtual Chatot
December 31st, 2007, 05:31 PM
Not that its really related to Shiny Gold, but you probably changed the settings on your iPod.

waregreymon
December 31st, 2007, 05:37 PM
In beta 5 Game always freezes after healing pokemon in pokemon center on route 32. Does this happen to everyone else. Same thing happens when playing on psp.

Apple Inc.
December 31st, 2007, 06:08 PM
In beta 5 Game always freezes after healing pokemon in pokemon center on route 32. Does this happen to everyone else. Same thing happens when playing on psp.

This is a known glitch in the game. Next time read the 1st post.

I'm not sure what the deal is with that guy in the Radio Tower with the colored ball game. I played it like 20 times and I always got the white ball.

Mr. X
December 31st, 2007, 06:09 PM
route 32 killing pc. zel had to make a pokemon center script from scratch.

you need to heal at another pokecenter first so the game won't crash from healing at the route 32 pc.

edit - to tuskin about the glitch he found

im sure its just a problem with the palletes. zel said he is gong to leave mapping errors in illex forest as they are since he is reluctant to change anything their after all the trouble he had with them.

DarthSenorQueso
December 31st, 2007, 08:16 PM
The new music is a little fuzzy.

Sagiri
December 31st, 2007, 08:29 PM
I deleted my patched Beta 4 Rom and replaced it with a fresh one, and patched that with Beta 5. Because the files had the same name, the Beta 5 could use Beta 4's save. I noticed nothing wrong with it.

Then I just deleted all my .sav files and restarted. It turns out you can use the Phone without the Phone Card! Yay... so that is one thing bad about repatching it. I also was able to keep the Vs. Seeker...

And BTW, Zel, you did not dissapoint with Beta 5.

DarthSenorQueso
December 31st, 2007, 08:33 PM
No he didn't but at level ten my name is gol and my totodile won't obey maybe change the name..

SilentWing
December 31st, 2007, 08:54 PM
I love the G/S cave music, the D/P Carlos battle music, SPROUT TOWER's theme, TRICK HOUSE tune, the new [revamped] G/S City tunes in GOLDENROD and CHERRYGROVE, etc. A little volume adjusting (which you mentioned) and we're all set!

The TOWN MAP seems to be perfect so far. I love the new grass tiles (and their animation).

Some tiny things I noticed (without screenies, sorry):
- Minor grammatical errors. For instance, a person in CHERRYGROVE CITY says "on your bag" instead of "in your bag," there are some missing punctuation marks, etc. If there's a way to send the game's script to me, I can easily fix all these little issues.
- When challenged to a trainer battle, hero's overworld does not orient to face the challenger.
- Upon battling Rival before ILEX FOREST, Rival's icon in the ensuing character bar appears as a question mark (mentioned before, I believe, but no fix possible?).
- Trainer pre-battle "challenge" music is always the sinister theme regardless of the trainer being fought, all the way up to Route 35, where I am now in the game. One exception is when facing a female ROCKET GRUNT in SLOWPOKE WELL, the script of whom was redone after most of the other trainers were completed, and OFFICERs around GOLDENROD. This even applies to TRICK HOUSE trainers.
- GOLDENROD CITY RADIO TOWER plays the Rocket/Evil music even on first time entering (when it is peaceful).
- I believe the SPEAROW given by the guard on ROUTE 35 is nicknamed "KENYA."
- I have also encountered the name truncation bug after saving normally (through the menu) on Route 30, where I first noticed my Pokemon gaining "boosted" EXP points during battle. This is my first time encountering such a bug. No other "bad ROM" bugs whatsoever have ever applied to me with respect to SG or any other FR hack I've played on this forum.

Now with screenies (sorry I couldn't get some for the others):
- Person in GOLDENROD DEPT. STORE still mentions "PokeGear" (perhaps others?):
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/saskura_80211b/pokegear.png

- When moving from one route to another (or from route to city, etc), there is no pull-down indicator informing player of his new location. The indicator does appear only when a map transition is accompanied by fade transitions or scene cuts, such as leaving a house:
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/saskura_80211b/pulldown.png

- Inappropriate scene-cut image when entering certain areas (e.g. Dark Cave):
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/saskura_80211b/darkcave_enter.png

- Item screen image for POKEBEEPER (perhaps other key items) seems wrong:
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/saskura_80211b/pokebeeper.png

Tile Errors
----------
First we have odd-looking iceberg tips: http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/saskura_80211b/Iceberg.png
and water borders interposed against trees: http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/saskura_80211b/Tree_tiles.png
And the ILEX SHRINE seems to overlap the overworld: http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/saskura_80211b/forest_shrine.png
Although I like the idea of a phone-lamp, this one: http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/saskura_80211b/phonelamp.png
looks a bit too chopped off for my taste.

- AIDE in VIOLET CITY Pokemon Center walks through hero's overworld after relinquishing the egg:
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/saskura_80211b/walkthru.png

- It is possible to overshoot SPROUT TOWER stairs, showing the hero moving one tile beyond the stairs in his ascend/descend:
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/saskura_80211b/overshoot.png

- If the train's not in, what's that I see near the top of the station map? Train is visible:
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/saskura_80211b/train.png

As a whole I'm quite highly impressed (I wouldn't have taken the time to write up all of these things if I wasn't).
I'll try to keep you posted with any other bugs and/or oddities I find. Cheers!

Virtual Chatot
December 31st, 2007, 08:57 PM
Well, Zel could replace "hasn't come in" with "is under construction"

SilentWing
December 31st, 2007, 09:10 PM
@Virtual Chatot:
That's a good idea, really. I hope it doesn't interfere with the MAGNET TRAIN plot later on in the storyline.

I also edited my post above for errors, clarity, and so forth.

Gerri Shin
December 31st, 2007, 09:21 PM
I think that BetapokeMaster has got the point.

Now to bring this back on topic whoooo hoooo! new beta!!!!
...... Downloading...... new stuff is sweet. love it Zel. you and Kike always amaze me, keep it up.

Apple Inc.
December 31st, 2007, 09:23 PM
I have encountered a problem. Jess and Jamie took my Pokemon and I can't figure out how to retrieve them. This is in Fuschia City

betapokemaster
December 31st, 2007, 09:24 PM
my cuz iz looking for glitches i found one before he did hehehe
anyway it is on i forgot the name of the town but its that sea port town no not the lighthouse one but u can bike on the water there

sry delete this if you want to but i play pokemoncrater same name but the site seems to be down... for good

and i agree with chatot zel should change it to The train is under construction

Apple Inc.
December 31st, 2007, 09:36 PM
Nevermind. I had to hit something a few times.

Naruto Namikaze
January 1st, 2008, 01:26 AM
i just started playing this 2 weeks ago i herd about it a long time ago i never imagined it would get this far thanx zel for giving us this great game/hack

YellowPen
January 1st, 2008, 02:01 AM
arrrh i cant get hacks working on the mac...i have a chance to play it on a windows so i cant wait. It doesnt really matter though i just wait for the amazing updates zel does :)

Forced
January 1st, 2008, 02:04 AM
mmm, im playing shiny gold right now on my psp.
:)

greatest hack ever.
good work zelly.
keep it up.

Went
January 1st, 2008, 03:22 AM
Oh, a post full of bugs. Let's see how many ones I can explain as tester of the game.

- When challenged to a trainer battle, hero's overworld does not orient to face the challenger.

In Fire Red it doesn't happen too.

- Upon battling Rival before ILEX FOREST, Rival's icon in the ensuing character bar appears as a question mark (mentioned before, I believe, but no fix possible?).

Known, doesn't know if that can be fixed.

- Trainer pre-battle "challenge" music is always the sinister theme regardless of the trainer being fought, all the way up to Route 35, where I am now in the game. One exception is when facing a female ROCKET GRUNT in SLOWPOKE WELL, the script of whom was redone after most of the other trainers were completed, and OFFICERs around GOLDENROD. This even applies to TRICK HOUSE trainers.

Known, Zel thinks it's a problem of the people id. used.

- GOLDENROD CITY RADIO TOWER plays the Rocket/Evil music even on first time entering (when it is peaceful).

Actually it has the evil theme ALWAYS >.< And I hate it!!! Guess there is no way still to script the music.

- I believe the SPEAROW given by the guard on ROUTE 35 is nicknamed "KENYA."

And it doesn't belong to you, either -you appear as its OT-. But there is still no way to improve the script.

- I have also encountered the name truncation bug after saving normally (through the menu) on Route 30, where I first noticed my Pokemon gaining "boosted" EXP points during battle. This is my first time encountering such a bug. No other "bad ROM" bugs whatsoever have ever applied to me with respect to SG or any other FR hack I've played on this forum.

Mysteries of the game. I found two bad eggs in my PC when in Fuchsia.

- Person in GOLDENROD DEPT. STORE still mentions "PokeGear" (perhaps others?):
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/saskura_80211b/pokegear.png

Ups.

- Inappropriate scene-cut image when entering certain areas (e.g. Dark Cave):
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/saskura_80211b/darkcave_enter.png

Known, no known way to fix it.

Item screen image for POKEBEEPER (perhaps other key items) seems wrong:
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/saskura_80211b/pokebeeper.png

None of the key items images have been modified.

About the three first tile problems, well, zel doesn't care about it until the last release ^^"
But none of them seem too serious, there are other ones much more evident.

- AIDE in VIOLET CITY Pokemon Center walks through hero's overworld after relinquishing the egg:
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/saskura_80211b/walkthru.png

Actually there is a way to fix it, but it's kinda long. I will tell zel and see what does he think.

- It is possible to overshoot SPROUT TOWER stairs, showing the hero moving one tile beyond the stairs in his ascend/descend:
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/saskura_80211b/overshoot.png

Really old, since B1.

The train thing has already been discussed, and the labels in the maps are a complete mystery for me. And the gramatical errors... well, they are easy to fix.

zel 2.0
January 1st, 2008, 06:27 AM
Sigh... So... Many... Posts... Cannot breath... Eyes... Hurt... O.o

Oh well, I will repeat it once more AVOID THE BUGS REPORTS, I know you people are anxious and that, but, since I will ignore them and by the time I post my own list, I'll probably lose your posts, then avoid posting them. Please... OK?

oh yah if you got time their are a few things i'd like to ask you. Mostly it will just help me get this walkthrough done quicker. (I've found some stuff on some maps that i would like to know about since its giving me numerous headaches while trying to get them ready to use for the walkthrough)

Sure thing, whenever you have something to ask me, just PM me ('cause maybe it could be stuff that wouldn't be convenient to ask me posting on the thread)

The new music is a little fuzzy.

I warned everyone! Dont play it on full volume, I'm still not used to changing BGMs... I'll improve with the time ;)

No he didn't but at level ten my name is gol and my totodile won't obey maybe change the name..

Well, I really dont know what could be the cause for this. The "sudden name change" and the "all my TMs dissappeared" are the two biggest mysteries in the game... Really dont know, may be anything...

stuff...

Well, as Went stated, it was a little strange that you had the same name as "the real" Maxim, so, maybe I should PM him about what he thinks about you. Because back then, he did the exact same thing, which is kinda surprising (and it'd be weird if it were him again, because we sorted our differences and even though he may not exactly support them, he understood that my hack's idea is not to strictly copy every aspect of the original Gold... That'd be pretty boring, and, as Sonny X said if you so much want to play Pokemon Gold without changes, the best bet is to play it on your Gameboy Color ;))
By the way, as they were just saying, dont expect Nintendo to give a 100% exact remake if they get to release a remake of Gold for the DS...

But, don't worry. I'll change my attitude, unlike that time, and I'll only reply that if you think this hack is not filling your expectatives, then search others, because, none of your critics will bring, unfortunately since I'm a stubborn person, any changes into Shiny Gold in the future. But still, at least I appreciate that you dedicated some time to write all that (even if a big part was just a copy of the real Maxim's post)

And Zel, I'm only just started B5, but from what I've seen so far, I just love the new tileset. The little imperfections on the ground were perfect.

Well, I hopefully expect for the next Beta to start applying all the new knowledge and maybe the upcoming tools to perfectionate my scripts (I think everyone wants that, even me :D), so as I always like to say: "there's always room for improvment" :laugh:

OK people, I suggest you all to calm down a little, if you want me to keep track of your posts (again, avoid the bugs posts... gimme time to update my really old first post!)

Maxim
January 1st, 2008, 06:47 AM
Zel, this idiot is not me. My english vocabulary is not as rich as his. I believe it's someone from Platinum. But it's not me. Don't worry Zel, the real Maxim supports you.

And if I really was to criticize you, I wouldn't omit the sunken ship idea (one of my least favourite ideas of yours). This guy didn't mention that at all. He even reused the words I used to criticize you. He's either one of my friends playing a joke on me, or a plain shitass (or my clone sent from past/future O_o).

chub1230c
January 1st, 2008, 07:11 AM
I just finished playing B5, it was awesome!!!
thats all i can say~
added many new stories that SGC dont have....^^
hope zel will complete the rest of it soon^^
& add more secret path like the one in the park^^
we support u,zel~

(i think everyone has his/her right to have own opinion~so leave he alone^^)

Mr. X
January 1st, 2008, 07:25 AM
KK. hold the bug reports and pm you about the stuff im wondering about.

i'll take a few more looks at the maps then i'll pm ya the questions i have.

anyway for those that are having problems with the music

perhaps you should change the sound settings to improve the sound? might try changing the khz settings (and for those that use vba try messing around with the echo settings. i havn't tried them yet but it might help)

kennyj92
January 1st, 2008, 08:49 AM
awesome game but I'm not gonna get too attached because I'm gonna have to start over again for the next beta so I hope the final version comes soon! Great job though

DarthSenorQueso
January 1st, 2008, 08:57 AM
that might be awhile since b7 is the last beta then thers still bugfixs...

betapokemaster
January 1st, 2008, 09:38 AM
zel, the game is amazing i cant believe that you made it
anywho my b5 has lots of bugs i forgot which towns though

DarthSenorQueso
January 1st, 2008, 09:39 AM
he said hold it untill X comes out...

zel 2.0
January 1st, 2008, 09:42 AM
EDIT: And I thought you said you were remixing the music,not ripping it grom Gold directly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2weKQewFx0

Hmmm... Have you noticed that on that video the music was inserted OVER the video (you can even listen to a Rattata's cry when entering the battle with the Sudo), you really got confused there... :P

This reminds me that I hope to see birthofdna around here soon... :)

At the first page?
Anyway zel: This is amzing.. i just got my 4 badges, and my team is faligator at level 38 and a chemeleon is at 19! Thats just my dream team so far! Thanks for making it posebel!

Well, I'm not sure if talking about your teams on the game could be considered as spam, but, just in case, don't do it ;)

And before someone starts asking about how many more Betas will be till it's finished, remember that on a B6 you'd reach Mt.Silver (and finish the normal version of Gold), on B7 I'll implement all the remaining legendaries events and add something more of adventure, and after that maybe a few bugfixes till we can officially say that it doesnt have bugs.

betapokemaster
January 1st, 2008, 10:10 AM
hey i was wondering why my b5 wont save
it sais please exchange the backup memory

Mr. X
January 1st, 2008, 10:11 AM
meh i just remembered something...

are we going to be able to trade between sg and r/s/e? that was something that was bothering me... i know that all pokemon will be catchable on sg but... its just that fr/lg can trade with r/s/e with both plates... do you plan to add an event that will enable trading with r/s/e or do you not plan to have the game being able to trade with r/s/e?

Also i've just gotten the stuff i needed to ask you figured out so i'll just finish up in the pm.

edit - to betapokemon master

change the save settings onm the emulator to flash 128k.

heres how you do it

options - emulator- save type - flash 128k

edit2 - to virtual charot

After you beat the e4 the game has to save using the games save function in order to work properly. using the sgm saves won't work for this.

Virtual Chatot
January 1st, 2008, 10:12 AM
hey i was wondering why my b5 wont save
it sais please exchange the backup memory

Just use .sgm

Its better than saving manually

betapokemaster
January 1st, 2008, 10:14 AM
well i do but that will not let you continue onto kanto:\

but wen i didnt go to a pokemon center and died i went to blaine's gym O.o

DarthSenorQueso
January 1st, 2008, 10:20 AM
Well then your in kanto in cinnabar.

betapokemaster
January 1st, 2008, 10:24 AM
yes but no
i cant get out

funguy10
January 1st, 2008, 10:25 AM
Are you going to code the ASM code for the sliding puzzles in the Ruins Of Alph? How about the swaying beam in the Sprout Tower so it actually sways?

betapokemaster
January 1st, 2008, 10:27 AM
Are you going to code the ASM code for the sliding puzzles in the Ruins Of Alph? How about the swaying beam in the Sprout Tower so it actually sways?

stop posting spam if you have a question pm zel

Virtual Chatot
January 1st, 2008, 10:27 AM

Do you actually know how unnecessary hard that would be?

stop posting spam if you have a question pm zel

He wasn't spamming, those are legitimate questions -_-

+Sneasel™
January 1st, 2008, 10:29 AM
When i traded my bellsprout for the guys onix in violet city, the onix won't listen to me. I already beat violet gym and it's at level 13. Is that normal?

betapokemaster
January 1st, 2008, 10:30 AM
unnessecary message at chatot u can delete if u want to
yes chatots r awesome

DarthSenorQueso
January 1st, 2008, 10:38 AM
yes untill you get the third badge traded pokemon dont obey....

+Sneasel™
January 1st, 2008, 10:45 AM
yes untill you get the third badge traded pokemon dont obey....

That sucks:disappoin

Oh, well.
Another question:
I remember catching a mudkip in the last beta. I forgot where though, can someone tell me?

DarthSenorQueso
January 1st, 2008, 10:46 AM
union cave has a mudkip......

Tuskin
January 1st, 2008, 10:50 AM
That sucks:disappoin

Oh, well.
Another question:
I remember catching a mudkip in the last beta. I forgot where though, can someone tell me?

It is in union cave. message too short.

Apple Inc.
January 1st, 2008, 11:15 AM
The labels in the map don't exist because of the Legendary Dogs script. Isn't it possible to change the innappropriate Splash screens in Unlz.gba?

~CyberKitsune09~
January 1st, 2008, 11:28 AM
Guys,

I'm Stuck at the part where Team Rocket take your pokemon at the safari zone, does any1 know how to get them back?

DarthSenorQueso
January 1st, 2008, 11:43 AM
Is there a torchick in B5?

+Sneasel™
January 1st, 2008, 11:44 AM
I can't do the farfetch'd part in ilex forest.
He went into the trees and i can't go in there.

DarthSenorQueso
January 1st, 2008, 11:47 AM
look at the first page theres a guide to the farfetched puzzle.

Went
January 1st, 2008, 11:49 AM
I can't do the farfetch'd part in ilex forest.
He went into the trees and i can't go in there.

OH, NOT AGAIN!!!
Can you give information of where you were before he went into the trees? What did you do, if you saved previously, etc.
If you had a savestate it would be very appreciated.

Godot
January 1st, 2008, 12:07 PM
Ah, I see ShinyGold has returned! And a new beta as well. I'll be starting on it as soon as my new flashcart arrives in the mail.

+Sneasel™
January 1st, 2008, 12:13 PM
Does headbutt still not work in this game?

Apple Inc.
January 1st, 2008, 12:17 PM
Aren't the birds supposed to be in this Beta in Routes 16-18? Where are they?

Crosell
January 1st, 2008, 12:26 PM
Yoo zel just a Question..
I like to know some places of the hoen pokemon, because they are hard to find, lil chance of finding one..
Maybe a list for those hoen pokemon, of where they can be found..
Probally you won't do it, but it would be alot easier to know where those hoen pokes can be found..
Well that's it :P
Crossel

Tuskin
January 1st, 2008, 12:27 PM
IS there a Bulbasaur in this? Cause I have a Typhlosion and a Swampert, now I was a Grass from the First Genoration.

I like to know some places of the hoen pokemon, because they are hard to find, lil chance of finding one..
Probally you won't do it, but it would be alot easier to know where those hoen pokes can be found..
Crossel

Well I know Mudkip is in Union Cave.

Apple Inc.
January 1st, 2008, 01:10 PM
Guys,

I'm Stuck at the part where Team Rocket take your pokemon at the safari zone, does any1 know how to get them back?

What you do is talk to the bottom tree a few times and you will be helped

+Sneasel™
January 1st, 2008, 01:18 PM
I can't wait to find Jirachi :)

Can you also find Celebi at the ilex forest later in the game?

Twinx
January 1st, 2008, 01:20 PM
guys if you're gonna spoil parts of the game, make sure you use spoilers ;)

ShyRayq
January 1st, 2008, 01:45 PM
Hey
How's it going people
Well i got that damn
"not obeying" glitch destroyed.
anyway I can't beat Koga the 2nd you battle him you know
in Fushia City
yeah Zel put his pokemon level's high..

"DAMN ROSELIA!"

shinygoldash
January 1st, 2008, 02:01 PM
Good to see SG back and B5 has some amazing scripts.
Can't wait to find Jirachi...

I think the stone has something to do with it..

Pokemon_X
January 1st, 2008, 03:19 PM
Hey
How's it going people
Well i got that damn
"not obeying" glitch destroyed.
anyway I can't beat Koga the 2nd you battle him you know
in Fushia City
yeah Zel put his pokemon level's high..

"DAMN ROSELIA!"

would have been nice if you had put the part about koga in a spoiler :(
I liked battling his (daughter / sister don't remember anymore)
EDIT: wait you didn't say it was the gymbattle. my bad

+Sneasel™
January 1st, 2008, 04:10 PM
Well, so far i like:
The phone booths
the carlos battles

what i don't like:
can't use headbutt like in G/S/C (Is that hard to do? If so, then i don't mind it not being there)
Many little tile errors.

kiikasi
January 1st, 2008, 04:17 PM
BETA 5! I just finished pokemon pearl today, and i must say, PERFECT TIMING! :D

~*Pikafan*~
January 1st, 2008, 04:37 PM
Well, so far i like:
The phone booths
the carlos battles

what i don't like:
can't use headbutt like in G/S/C (Is that hard to do? If so, then i don't mind it not being there)
Many little tile errors.

Headbutt is in there. It was in Beta 4. It doesn't do anything if no one knows Headbutt.

+Sneasel™
January 1st, 2008, 04:39 PM
It wont work for me.
I taught togepi headbutt and it doesn't work...

Satoshi Sugimori
January 1st, 2008, 04:39 PM
Wow nice Zel!
Beta 5...
Haven't played it yet (busy busy)
but I hope it will be great!(I think it will be..:))
Nice Done..;)

~*Pikafan*~
January 1st, 2008, 05:06 PM
It's not just you. It's pretty hard to find a pokemon. I did it 10 times before I found a pokemon.

Sagiri
January 1st, 2008, 05:08 PM
I've been playing beta 5 for a few hours with a new save file, and now I have all eight badges and Im in Kanto going to the elite four. Yay. But my Pokémon are severely underleveled. Well, not as bad now, but I've been training.

I have:
Shadow The Umbreon Lv. 35
Celesete The Espeon Lv. 34
MUSCLE The Machamp Lv. 38
Florale The Sunflora Lv. 34
Zires The Quagsire Lv. 36
Ty The Typhlosion Lv. 36

(Yes, MUSCLE is the Machop you can trade for in Goldenrod. And No, I did not cheat too get Umbreon and Espeon.)

I love this games tiles, except for the revamped GS tiles and sprites, but its just because it looks so weird side by side, but thats just me.

zel 2.0
January 1st, 2008, 05:09 PM
meh i just remembered something...

are we going to be able to trade between sg and r/s/e? that was something that was bothering me... i know that all pokemon will be catchable on sg but... its just that fr/lg can trade with r/s/e with both plates... do you plan to add an event that will enable trading with r/s/e or do you not plan to have the game being able to trade with r/s/e?

Remember I said I would make Oak do some modifications so you could trade with the other versions, and unfortunately, Pallet is out of reach on B5 (we know trading is not important, that's why it's so far in the game)

Well, not really my priorities (although the R.of Alph should be, but meh...)

Crossel

Well, it'd be better if you PM me your locations questions (as long as it's not one of the legendaries or the special pokes, I'll reply), that way we would avoid ruining everyone else's fun

Tell me how toget thourgh victory road.....Please

It's easy, there are no maps, but you can find a lot of info regardin the V.Road on youtube (if youtube people know I'm wrong, then post videos about it ASAP :P)

Do you puposely spell things wrong?

The only words that you spelled right were i, all, nice, and up

Learn to speark proper english next time you post, i hardley understood you.

Anyway, i got headbutt working.
Is it just me, or are the pokemon in the headbutt trees really hard to find?

Well, take it easy on him, he's just new ;)

And, yeah, good to know you finally got it working. As you could see, only a bunch of trees are headbutteable (if you were around when we had the "evil trees bugs" then you know how much I suffered with them, so this was the only solution I found), and about the pokemon being there, the chances of finding one are pretty low... And even consider that some exclusive pokemon show up on some areas... It's gonna be a long a tiring search...

Well, on updates thing, my machine has suffered a bit the continuous heat here in my country, so I'm gonna be using it a bit less. Which also means I'll most likely have to delay the release of the X version, however, I doubt I'll have to delay it for too long (I guess it's still coming out this week, I don't have a lot of stuff to do), so well, now you know about it.

Crosell
January 1st, 2008, 05:36 PM
I've been playing beta 5 for a few hours with a new save file, and now I have all eight badges and Im in Kanto going to the elite four. Yay. But my Pokémon are severely underleveled. Well, not as bad now, but I've been training.

I have:
Shadow The Umbreon Lv. 35
Celesete The Espeon Lv. 34
MUSCLE The Machamp Lv. 38
Florale The Sunflora Lv. 34
Zires The Quagsire Lv. 36
Ty The Typhlosion Lv. 36

(Yes, MUSCLE is the Machop you can trade for in Goldenrod. And No, I did not cheat too get Umbreon and Espeon.)

I love this games tiles, except for the revamped GS tiles and sprites, but its just because it looks so weird side by side, but thats just me.

Lol just forgot about making it trough the ELite4 :P
And how did you came on the item's to evolve eevee intoumbreon with, or does eevee evolve just by lvling ?

beckerisgod
January 1st, 2008, 05:40 PM
hello there,im new in this forum but i`ve been readin` here for a while.
i`ve finished beta 5,took me about 8-9 hours..
anyway i still cant find jirachi,but i`ve found a new area and got there a gift (for further details pm me). zel i wonder if the big boulder in rock tunnel is there cause its an unfinished area? or is it accessible somehow? just wanna know if it`s worth my while lookin` into it

Twinx
January 1st, 2008, 05:49 PM
Lol just forgot about making it trough the ELite4 :P
And how did you came on the item's to evolve eevee intoumbreon with, or does eevee evolve just by lvling ?

Espeon -> Sun stone
Umbreon -> Moon stone

zel did this because of the lack of Day/Night in FR.

+Sneasel™
January 1st, 2008, 06:12 PM
Really? moon stone and sun stone evolve espeon and umbreon! SWEET!

Question: i traded bellsprout for onix in violet. Did Zel change it so it will evolve by level?

Sagiri
January 1st, 2008, 06:19 PM
Onix? It doesn't evolve via trading anmore, but I'm not sure if its Level or something else.

Does anyone know how Machamp is actually supposed to evolve in SG? I traded my Machoke to FR and it evolved then, so I didn't know how Machoke evolved in SG.

Twinx
January 1st, 2008, 06:24 PM
Ya onix evolves by level, I once raised a Steelix in B4, but I forgot at what level it evolves.

ShyRayq
January 1st, 2008, 09:05 PM
I think it evolves into Steelix at 50?
Well i liked the game
just finished it while i got stuck in a tunnel to nowhere
hahahaha
well i liked everything in SG
Hey Zel should't you make the twins not a double battle
like in Silver and Gold
where they one pokemon at a time?

LastHand
January 1st, 2008, 09:11 PM
Haunter evolves into Gengar at level 42
Onix evolves into Steelix at level 40
Kadabra evolves into Alakazam at level 40
Machoke evolves into Machamp at level 45
Gravler evolves into Golem at level 42
Seadra evolves into Kingdra at level 50
Scyter evolves into Scizor with a Moon Stone
Eevee evolves into Espeon with a Sun Stone
Eevee evolves into Umbreon with a Moon Stone
Porygon evolves into Porygon2 at level 40
Clamperl evolves into Huntail with a Moon Stone
Clamperl evolves into Gorebyss with a Sun Stone
Slowbro evolves into Slowking with a Water Stone

Known evolution of trade pokemon....Click if you dare

destinedjagold
January 1st, 2008, 09:19 PM
Sweet~
Lovely evolution chains!

I'm loving the beta so far! :D

zel, you're amazing! Keep it up as always~

Kaitsu-Gohan
January 1st, 2008, 11:26 PM
I think it evolves into Steelix at 50?
like in Silver and Gold

Zel did state that this is not just a Gold remake. So I don't think that would be change.

If it were just a remake. Then might as well go play G/S on the Gameboy Color, rather than playing this.

Know what I mean?

Zel's answer may be different, but that's what I think.

Sunyveil
January 2nd, 2008, 01:45 AM
hey zel I got a weird bug... When I go to the goldenrod dept. store and buy tms, all of the TMs in my TM case instantly disappear O_O. Any clue what that is?

747Jason747
January 2nd, 2008, 02:08 AM
Hey Zel Great hack I have been playing since beta 2,just keeps getting beter and beter. Cool just found a Shiny Linoone in Safari zone
Anyone else Find any Shinys execpt The Gyarados in Johto.

shinygoldash
January 2nd, 2008, 02:24 AM
Do the legendary dogs run away the first time you see them without a battle?
Cuz I got a Lum Berry

/Circa
January 2nd, 2008, 02:36 AM
Zel, this new beta amazed me, the tiles and palettes are easy on the eyes and the scripts were amazing. You seemed to have fixed ALOT of glitches. The music was nice but some of it had some static, though it was still nice. I haven't gotten very far (Because I deleted my old SG) and it was just awsome.

Thanks for the awsome play :D.

destinedjagold
January 2nd, 2008, 03:57 AM
Zel did state that this is not just a Gold remake. So I don't think that would be change.

If it were just a remake. Then might as well go play G/S on the Gameboy Color, rather than playing this.

Know what I mean?

Zel's answer may be different, but that's what I think.

zel has changed the evolutions of POKéMON's that requires trading.

whr is the beta 5 walk through can anyone tell me plz tq to those hu reply tqtq

is this the last beta or latest

If you'll strive, you'll survive. ;)

Hey Zel Great hack I have been playing since beta 2,just keeps getting beter and beter. Cool just found a Shiny Linoone in Safari zone

Wow! Nice! :) You're lucky!

D_Force
January 2nd, 2008, 04:43 AM
Hey zel, I've been playing through Shiny Gold, absolutely love it :)

Anyway, I wanted to ask - where can I get the elemental stones? (I need to evolve my weepinbell :S)

wow_wow
January 2nd, 2008, 05:09 AM
hey there when I get to Fuchsia city, and go to the safari zone why the TEMA ROCKET has stolen my bag and I can't continue because tree is around and I can't cut it ?!
I have found a shiny golbat :P

batie
January 2nd, 2008, 05:32 AM
I like your new beta havent played it yet but I will when I have time..

pokeguy12
January 2nd, 2008, 05:38 AM
in beta 4 i found a shiny voltorb in the team rocket mahogany base =) , first voltorb ever encountered there. Anyway, in beta 4 ive heard some people have gotten TM aerial ace OR TM mud slap from falkner, which one do you get in beta 5? Because in beta 4 i'd gotten mud slap.

dirk123
January 2nd, 2008, 05:57 AM
I will start playing Beta 5 tomorrow, so that I can update the walkthrough ;)
Too tired now :P

Binary
January 2nd, 2008, 06:53 AM
Wow SG is back and better than ever( sorry I was absent)
Anyways its looking great, zel!

~Celebi

pkmnmaster69
January 2nd, 2008, 06:53 AM
Im sorry if im not suspose to post this bug here though but when i lost to carlos after beating the eructuk city gym leader all the trainer battle music is the carlos one can anyone help me out how to get rid of it

Xgen001
January 2nd, 2008, 06:58 AM
does anyone know how to get the rom saving on a flash card?

i easily know how to get it working on an emulator but on the flashcard it seems to have a different problem. on the flash card, everything works properly except that it doesnt save. it gets a save error and then says something about a 1 minute check up and then eventually says the game can't save but you can continue playing.

when i flash a non-patched fire red rom onto the card however, it all works perfectly fine and saves.

is there something i can do to make it work on a flash card?

D_Force
January 2nd, 2008, 07:29 AM
has anyone completed the whirlpool trick house level? i cant find the code anywhere!

Iceshadow1
January 2nd, 2008, 07:55 AM
oho nice zel just played it
sux tho that carlos music sounds
like its skipping or sumthing
lol everytime i play this hack over i always laugh at the mom sliding to you
great work man

Lady Berlitz
January 2nd, 2008, 08:51 AM
Im sorry if im not suspose to post this bug here though but when i lost to carlos after beating the eructuk city gym leader all the trainer battle music is the carlos one can anyone help me out how to get rid of itThat's incredibly weird! This post would probably have blended in with all the other posts, but I gotta say that this is very unusual.

Pokemon_X
January 2nd, 2008, 09:06 AM
zel has changed the evolutions of POKéMON's that requires trading.
i think he/she meant the doubble battle with the twins

i caught a shiny Scizor (i couldn't believe my luck with this one) and a shiny rattata in beta 4

Went
January 2nd, 2008, 09:12 AM
Im sorry if im not suspose to post this bug here though but when i lost to carlos after beating the eructuk city gym leader all the trainer battle music is the carlos one can anyone help me out how to get rid of it

My guess: due to the lack of trainers with own music, zel used a ASM command to make Carlos' music start playing. Since you lost, the ASM command was never deleted, so the only way to stop that is battling him again and winning. Again, it's just a guess.

mentosman245
January 2nd, 2008, 09:41 AM
in beta 5 the lavender town pokecenter bugs up and freezes

Virtual Chatot
January 2nd, 2008, 09:58 AM

I think that's the one that Zel had to make from scratch

hi sir tomato my password is syvniti
January 2nd, 2008, 11:15 AM
Zel im almost done by playing beta 5, It was so nice! You relly did a good job... I special did like the part there the ship did sink! Im kind of disapointed in some of the grafik... There is also a few of you new tiltes which lock wierd, But the game play whas just amzing! But now im stuck in the house of kurt... Hes all the time saying don't bother me.... I did talk to elm....

zel 2.0
January 2nd, 2008, 11:21 AM
zel i wonder if the big boulder in rock tunnel is there cause its an unfinished area? or is it accessible somehow? just wanna know if it`s worth my while lookin` into it

Whenever you find a giant rock blocking your path it's a sign that something important (and unfinished) will be over there, and maybe in the future it'll be removed or maybe you'd just need to fulfill some requirments.

like in Silver and Gold

Well, I think on FR the twins were a double battle, and since it's a good opportunity to offer the player a double battle (considering it's not usual) I thought it should remain as double (even when we know the bug associated to this, which I need to get rid of for the next Beta if I am to improve my scripting)

Known evolution of trade pokemon....Click if you dare

Just an error there, it's not Slowbro, it's Slowpoke (unless I've made a mistake)

hey zel I got a weird bug... When I go to the goldenrod dept. store and buy tms, all of the TMs in my TM case instantly disappear O_O. Any clue what that is?

Anyone else had the same problem at the same place? 'Cause it just sounds as if this problem happens randomly, which always leads me to think it's a patch or rom problem.

Do the legendary dogs run away the first time you see them without a battle?
Cuz I got a Lum Berry

Not exactly, but the chances of fighting them are really low (you should at least feel proud of seeing them and even getting an item, that's even quite rare), just keep searching, it's a long event to do, as it was in the original (remember that you could have a Pokemon with Mean Look just in case they decide to battle, this doesn't applies to Suicune)

Anyway, I wanted to ask - where can I get the elemental stones? (I need to evolve my weepinbell :S)

The first place is with the Dragon Masters on the Dragon's Den. I dont know which should be the correct order to speak with them (hey, I could be confused and they could not give a Leaf Stone at all, can anyone confirm what I've said) Well, in the end you could also get one from the old man at the north of Cerulean if you show him the Pokemon he wants.

Anyway, in beta 4 ive heard some people have gotten TM aerial ace OR TM mud slap from falkner, which one do you get in beta 5? Because in beta 4 i'd gotten mud slap.

Mud-Slap, I'm not gonna touch the TMs anymore.

It sounds possible. Because we haven't investigated a lot about losing battles (and because my testers dont like to play with the sound on, while I definitely dont like losing battles... >.<)
Then we can make a list of music changes problems, but, just wait till I update my list of bugs.

has anyone completed the whirlpool trick house level? i cant find the code anywhere!

WAIT! Don't reply to him with a post here. If you want to help this guy just send him a PM (and I wont do it, you just need to search carefully)

oho nice zel just played it
sux tho that carlos music sounds
like its skipping or sumthing
lol everytime i play this hack over i always laugh at the mom sliding to you
great work man

It sounds as its skipping or something? Hmmm... Well, in my opinion it was fine (there's a part where there's not good synchronization with one of the tracks but I thought it wasn't important)

As the Route32 and Route10 as well. There are not as many Pokecenters as in Gold, so a few have been remade, and this seems to bring the freezing problem (and the thing that they dont count as a place where you'd be sent if you lose)

sebbe: Just keep walking for a while outside of his house and dont talk with any berry tree, after a while go back and he'll be there so you can do the rest of the event.

Done, replied everything. I guess I'll still have some replying work till all the excitment starts to fade away -_-

kys27
January 2nd, 2008, 02:58 PM

Of course, the code is there, you must look very very thoroughly.
By the way, it takes 5 minutes from my life, but I was satisfied, when I finally found it!
Congratulations, zel. Amazing beta, Mandy really suprised me :cool:
And I have one question..
Sometimes trainers just don't battle me.. as if I battled them earlier.
Is an old save ( from b4) could cause it? ( I naturally patched on clean fr rom )
that's all. good luck with your fantastic hack!

Magnius
January 2nd, 2008, 03:08 PM
It's been a while, but here's a new GSC remix for you guys. This time it's the National Park theme. Tell me how you guys like it or if you don't.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/kmh0sz

D_Force
January 2nd, 2008, 03:17 PM
zel: I spent about an hour searching. I found the little aclove with the ultra ball, but the password has left me completely stumped :P

+Sneasel™
January 2nd, 2008, 03:50 PM
Is the event with getting tyrouge still in the game?
I usually do that, to geet either hitmontop or hitmonlee.

BrainDamage
January 2nd, 2008, 04:00 PM
could anyone tell me where i might find myself a moonstone to evolve my scyther? (just got 8th johto badge)

+Sneasel™
January 2nd, 2008, 04:03 PM
Mt. Moon, inside the cave.
Thats the only place i can think of.

Nicolas
January 2nd, 2008, 04:05 PM
Ummm....
Mt. Moon I think, because of the Clefairy....
The Clefairy Holds them....

duckdavis
January 2nd, 2008, 05:41 PM
I found a bug. When you fly to Blackthorn you end up in front of a rock.
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/8224/shinygoldglitchyt6.png (http://imageshack.us)

Random
January 2nd, 2008, 05:44 PM
I found a bug. When you fly to Blackthorn you end up in front of a rock.
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/8224/shinygoldglitchyt6.png (http://imageshack.us)

Zel already knows that, there is also the same problem with the flypost in Mahogany, so zel doesn't want to hear any of that.

dotFallen
January 2nd, 2008, 05:54 PM
Hey Zel, have been looking at this but waiting for myself to get something portable. Hacked my psp and now playing this. Best hack Ihave seen so far. I was greatly surprised to see the map fully edited and working for johto. Waiting for my PSP to finish charging and play it again. Keep it up!

stbplayer1P
January 2nd, 2008, 06:36 PM

The same thing happened to me just I lost in the extra battle in the Azalia Gym, and another musical glich sertan team rocket member cause there special music to play on other traners. And another one, is that on sertan routes the pokemon battle music is wrong meaning it's legandary pkm music.

lastly zel I couden't help myself and opened SG in advanced map and saw a bunch a other maps that I can't seem to find my way too. Like Mt. Steel, and Pureity Forest where are these?

Mahn r Meh
January 2nd, 2008, 06:38 PM
Great and amazing hack dude, I'll try to make a little banner or sig for you, ok?

Dr.Garchomp
January 2nd, 2008, 06:55 PM
*sniff* so beautiful... I restarted my game to get the full effect, and it looks totally reformed. I see you got rid of that little yellow dot on the pokemart. ;) The music was especially "GSCesqe"(with a little DP). Yeah... basically everything is new and wonderful! It makes for a good New Year's present!

nonemus
January 2nd, 2008, 06:59 PM
Zel, I found a bug

When DOuble Battling Carlos in the Azlea Gym, I only had my croconaw and an egg. When double battling, 2 croconaws appeared. I was suprised so i looked at my part, and switched back to battle veiw. WHen I switched back. 2 oddly colored togepis appeared...

Tuskin
January 2nd, 2008, 07:41 PM
Zel, I found a bug

When DOuble Battling Carlos in the Azlea Gym, I only had my croconaw and an egg. When double battling, 2 croconaws appeared. I was suprised so i looked at my part, and switched back to battle veiw. WHen I switched back. 2 oddly colored togepis appeared...

This bug is knowen. It even says in the first post not to double battle with the egg.

Tuskin
January 2nd, 2008, 09:36 PM
I have the GS Ball but Kurt won't take it. Do I have to do something?

Xgen001
January 2nd, 2008, 10:45 PM
argh. i can't figure out how to get it to save on my flash card. at least i can play it somewhat portably on a gba emulator on my psp XD

good job for getting the johto map. at last i can fly.

i've heard that the flyposts are messed up for blackthorn and mahogany. how bad is it? is it just that you dont warp to pokecenter or do you get stuck in a wall?

LastHand
January 2nd, 2008, 10:57 PM
What are the starters that are now avalible?

Mud kip and treeco are the only ones i know off..

yeye0215
January 2nd, 2008, 11:16 PM
hey..,may i ask you what im going to do to go to cianwood city?there are rocks that surrounds olivine city so i cant go further...i cant also enter olivine lighthouse