• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
Zel made him up, if you look carefully, Carlos is actually a scratch of Noland, is what I believe.

Your mostly right his sprite is almost the same as Noland however Carlos himself is accually Zel if I rember right.

XxOblivion77

All-Around Gamer
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2014
Hey Zel, if there's anything I can do to make the final version come faster, let me know.

I unfortunately have no hacking abilities and don't have the time to learn.

Oh yeah, one very important request:

MAKE A FLY SPOT FOR BLACKTHORN CITY

Well good luck on the hack and try and get a map so we can use Fly better.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
hey, didn't zel say in his old thread that he would do something about talking with prof. oak in pallet town and then being able to trade with RSE?

Correct. That idea is still on. So, once in Pallet you'll be able to trade to RSE (remember the idea wasn't to trade, that's why so later in the game)

Well, I know that won't work, b/c I tried it already, but I'll figure it out, b/c like you said, other people may know this better than you.

Good luck with the 5th Beta Zel.

Well, if it wasn't a Sun Stone, it may have been a Water Stone... I know it was a Stone 'cause I have a Slowking in my party ^.^

Some pokemon level issues I found in Shiny Gold X while you were on break:

-When you fight J&J at Silph Co., their arbok is only level 40 while the rest of their pokemon are level 52
-When you fight that Rocket who stole the machine part, his Golbat is only level 30 or something, a bit low compared to the rest of the game

I also noticed that most high level trainers seem to like using Double Team with their pokemon. Is it just a coincidence?

The levels issues, well, yes, they are problems. Though it really doesn't matter because with each release I need to edit all the trainers once again.

And Double Team is a common defensive strategy for most trainers... Mainly to annoy... :P

In most guides you pick up for Pokemon games, you get these route maps, cave maps, city maps, etc.. Would you be okay with my going though and screencapping a bunch of stuff like that for my guide.. thing?

Well, as you wish... But, try not to spoil the fun with showing the maps, or at least put the maps as an option.

Hey zel i want to play the game but i dont want to have to get a new file for the next release 3rd problem is that i dont want to miss any important scripts or really cool changes so how far can i play whilst still eluding the phantom restart (grammatical disaster lol :laugh:)

The thing is that I think I'll have to repoint most maps for the next release, meaning anywhere could not be safe (and as I always say... playing an older Beta save will lead to problems, the only safe bet is to start the game from the beginning)

Anyway, now every release takes more time than before, so most likely, it'll be funnier to start the game from the beginning, but that's just my opinion...

ps: what's the beta's lenghth

I wanna suppose in gameplay length... That depends on how fast you are... I cannot say how much time I have in my current game 'cause I need to be checking stuff a lot of time.

If it was how far the game goes, well, read the first post.

Now I need to finish the important maps of Celadon: Dept.Store, Game Corner and Gym... sigh...

StupidKid27

Slightly Mad
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2008
Hello there,

Two quick glitches, everything else worked fine for me but for some reason the boat won't go to Kanto the second time. I'm on the boat and the sailor keeps saying they'll make an announcement. I've talked to everyone on the boat I could find and nothing seems to happen. Is there something I'm supposed to trigger? Same with the Celebi event, I go into union cave but nothing happens and Kurt doesn't react to the GS Ball at all.

Great hack so far.

I tried both of your solutions for both problems and neither of them worked. It might just be a fluke in my rom or something but the problem is still there.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Well, zel can't wait to see the next update. :D

(I'm putting Shiny Gold and my Hack on to my Flash Card)

a2h

ENJOY YOUR CONFICKER C
Years
This is an awesome hack.

The only problem is that due to the mix of K/J/H PKMN all together, I managed to fill 5/6 slots in the route between the first-second cities!

Hoenn PKMN is probably OK, but Kanto PKMN? Why not just go to Kanto and get them? I met a Pidgey...

Amazing how much work you put into something free (albiet a patch of a commercial game)

EDIT: Just remembered - D/P Pokemon centres, marts and gyms? Where'd that idea come from? O_o

Last edited:

martauros

Now I'm back!. HG&SS&SGforever
Years
The only problem is that due to the mix of K/J/H PKMN all together, I managed to fill 5/6 slots in the route between the first-second cities!

Hoenn PKMN is probably OK, but Kanto PKMN? Why not just go to Kanto and get them? I met a Pidgey...

Well, when i was playing orginal gold, I had 5/6 pokemon too( Sentret, pidgey, spearow, hoothoot, totodil) and kanto pkmn were in gold!Zel add only hoenn.

a2h

ENJOY YOUR CONFICKER C
Years
Ahh OK, my memory must have gone slightly haywire...

I'm only 13!

Well I haven't played Crystal in a long time so...

Yeah, I take that back.

But Hoenn... wait a moment, my box was being used before I reached the city with the first gym...

As everybody knows... FR/LG don't have Hoenn PKMN in the wild... but then again, Zel is not Nintendo is he xD

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2010
some bugs, hope it helps:

-the town map... whew, look 4 yourself! XD
-at the beginning, when (dun remember who) says take this phone, it gives u the vs seeker. dunno if u already know, and if it's ok 4 u :P i know u'r trying put in the pokegear functions.
-the script that take the spearow with the mail north of goldenrod and says go to route 31 don't work, or, better, can't find anyone that want a spearow ^^ my fault?
-i downloaded the last version: in the burnt tower there's still the smashing rock. in the "old bugs" you said u removed it. what's the truth? :P
-ehr, i met the kurt's evil clone XD
*can't post url to other sites i haven't 15 posts -_-'*
www . zshare . net/image/31818270ced35d/
give him the white apricorn after the slowpoke well, then i came back after HM01 to obtain the charcoal. in this time, i found this. the busy kurtz says go away, the free one if u have apricorns bring them to me, so the ball wasn't ready yet. to you
-dunno how to evolve onix to steelix EEEEEK! (don't care, don't need an answer ^^)
-route 39 (moo-moo farm) can't use the bycicle. just add to the bugged place, i know u already notice this kind of bug.
-maybe u should limit someway the exploration in the cave on route 31, i reached the blackbelt the first time and pokemons at that point are usually lv.10-15 (nosepass lv20). do what u want, if u want to punish the non-flash-yet guys... ^^
-pika pika-pi? YES/NO XD carino!
-can't remember anything else, hope being useful ^^

compliments for ur hack, zel. i named my rival zel in your honor :D so now i fight both CARLOS and ZEL ^^

Gerri Shin

  
Years
Correct me if I'm wrong, but will the Viridian City trainer House be back. Obviously it won't have the luxury of taking the trainer's party from mystery gift, but will it hold a few really good trainers that you can battle over and over? (Cal should make an appearance in there if there is a trainer house. He's the one with the Meganium, Typhlosion, and Feraligatr)
Also, if I remember correctly, in the Celedon Dept. Store you weren't allowed to buy stones, will this change?
Will the Rocket underground hideout under the game corner still be in there?
Will there be a radio tower in lavender or will it still be a memorial tower?.
what will the new building in vermilion be?
anyway if you get a chance and would like to address these questions feel free, if you would rather let us all figure it out in the next beta (released whenever you decide) thats fine too.

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years

-at the beginning, when (dun remember who) says take this phone, it gives u the vs seeker. dunno if u already know, and if it's ok 4 u :P i know u'r trying put in the pokegear functions.
-the script that take the spearow with the mail north of goldenrod and says go to route 31 don't work, or, better, can't find anyone that want a spearow ^^ my fault?
-i downloaded the last version: in the burnt tower there's still the smashing rock. in the "old bugs" you said u removed it. what's the truth? :P
give him the white apricorn after the slowpoke well, then i came back after HM01 to obtain the charcoal. in this time, i found this. the busy kurtz says go away, the free one if u have apricorns bring them to me, so the ball wasn't ready yet. to you
-dunno how to evolve onix to steelix EEEEEK! (don't care, don't need an answer ^^)
-route 39 (moo-moo farm) can't use the bycicle. just add to the bugged place, i know u already notice this kind of bug.
-maybe u should limit someway the exploration in the cave on route 31, i reached the blackbelt the first time and pokemons at that point are usually lv.10-15 (nosepass lv20). do what u want, if u want to punish the non-flash-yet guys... ^^

compliments for ur hack, zel. i named my rival zel in your honor :D so now i fight both CARLOS and ZEL ^^

Old News (look at old topic)

@girafarig: The Lavender Radio Tower will still be there

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
Years
Well, zel can't wait to see the next update. :D

(I'm putting Shiny Gold and my Hack on to my Flash Card)

I'm doing the same thing with my psp!

Most of these are glitches we already know about I think some are new
1. Already known
2. Not a glitch, as of now there is no way to make the phone an item.
3. look at the guy by the berry tree
4. Glitch but I think you just patched your rom wrong (But I may be wrong too)
5. Already known
6. Already known
7 ehr >.>
8. Thats not a glitch
Yay so just read the fist page and you will find all the glitches posted so far.

Edit: Beaten again! Can you believe that?!

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hey zel.., just a question about Shiny Gold...

Are you gonna include the Sevii Islands and Whirl Islands in the game..?

Eheheh... =3

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
Hey zel.., just a question about Shiny Gold...

Are you gonna include the Sevii Islands and Whirl Islands in the game..?

Eheheh... =3

Sevii Islands = no, because Johto uses the Sevii Islands space
Whirl Islands = Yes, because they were in the original gold (which is where Lugia is located)

driger369

Fortitude Creed
Years
I know that there's a tool to put maps in games and places to fly to and one of the hacks around here has the johto map so mabee you could look into that when you release the next beta. Just a suggestion, keep up the fantastic work!

kyogre1940

Ultimate Champion
Years
I have 2 questions. First, there appears to be a glitch in the Dragon's Den. After I get the Dragon Fang, I talk to Claire and it freezes up! Why?! I got the new beta, not cheating, everything! My 2nd question is, why aren't you using my music? :( I'll send you a couple more, but for the most part...

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
I have 2 questions. First, there appears to be a glitch in the Dragon's Den. After I get the Dragon Fang, I talk to Claire and it freezes up! Why?! I got the new beta, not cheating, everything! My 2nd question is, why aren't you using my music? :( I'll send you a couple more, but for the most part...

Remember, the latest beta was created 2-3 months ago.
Zel said that he would input the songs in Beta 5 and further.

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
Years
wow Zel just have to say its getting better and better

this almost looks like it was made from nintendo

hope you reach your goal!!!

Back