PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

hi sir tomato my password is syvniti
January 2nd, 2008, 11:19 PM
I have the GS Ball but Kurt won't take it. Do I have to do something?
Just keep walking for a while outside of his house and dont talk with any berry tree, after a while go back and he'll be there so you can do the rest of the event.Zel said that to me about one page ago.

LastHand
January 2nd, 2008, 11:21 PM
hey..,may i ask you what im going to do to go to cianwood city?there are rocks that surrounds olivine city so i cant go further...i cant also enter olivine lighthouse

You my friend are running an old beta download the most recent one.

EDIT: This says it better. READ THE FAQ!!!

Q: Why can't I go into the Lighthouse? (C)
A: Because you are playing a really old Beta. Probably, if you are playing a bought version, that means you got the "pirate" version, and so, I cannot be responsible for that (if you can, get a refund). The latest releases are meant only to work on PCs, without spending money on them (and they reach further than the pirate versions). Get the rom and my patch in order to play.

mach8822
January 2nd, 2008, 11:22 PM
HUZZAH! The thread is re-opened and the new Beta is out :D FINNALY!

destinedjagold
January 2nd, 2008, 11:38 PM
Forgive me if it has been asked, but I just reset-ed my game and started a new game. The hack's amazing, don't get me wrong there! :D

Anyways, here are my questions/list of bugs...
1. There were two trainers battling in in the route above Cherrygrove, and the trainer saids "Go, SPEAROW!"... Later, after giving back the EGG, I challenged him and wow, a RATTATA.., so what happened to his SPEAROW..?
2. While reading PROF. ELM's message after beating the Flying GYM, some of his lines were cut... "...discover..."then next line. But nah~ Small error, easy to fix and ignore. :D
3. Why can't I run around the outside areas of Ruins of Alph? :\
4. An Igglibuff in the ruins? :\

Enjoying the game~

Dio
January 3rd, 2008, 12:04 AM
There is a BIG bug :(

I am on the road to go to E4,when you surf east from New Bark Town,pass the waterfall cave,battle 2-3 trainers (after the trainer that has 2 starmies lvl 31 and a Nidoking/nidoqueen i dont remember well) and in the road there is a spot that when you step or surf on it the game RESETS itself.I can't continue because wherever i step, the game resets.Does it happen to someone else?Can it be fixed somehow?

Btw the game rocks.It is awesome keep up the good work.Too bad i can't continue :(

foullump
January 3rd, 2008, 12:14 AM
Originally Posted by pkmnmaster69 View Post
Im sorry if im not suspose to post this bug here though but when i lost to carlos after beating the eructuk city gym leader all the trainer battle music is the carlos one can anyone help me out how to get rid of it
That's incredibly weird! This post would probably have blended in with all the other posts, but I gotta say that this is very unusual.

Actually, it's extremely common. This will happen every time you lose to carlos. This is because the setvar 0x7030/7033 command changes all the common music to the carlos/elitefour/champion/anything music. Therefore, this is a glitch that can be fixed by a change in scripting, and it will happen every time you lose to carlos.

Sorry if this has already been resolved; I haven't been on in a while.

Night_Blue
January 3rd, 2008, 01:49 AM
the tile sends me down and freezes the sprite(it doesnt freeze the game)

nice hack

Nicolas
January 3rd, 2008, 01:50 AM
Forgive me if it has been asked, but I just reset-ed my game and started a new game. The hack's amazing, don't get me wrong there! :D

1. There were two trainers battling in in the route above Cherrygrove, and the trainer saids "Go, SPEAROW!"... Later, after giving back the EGG, I challenged him and wow, a RATTATA.., so what happened to his SPEAROW..?

Well my friend, the Igglybuff is pretty common around here to question.... pls. read the 1st post...
But it seemes that the Spearow thing is true, when the youngster is battling, the "Go Spearow" line comes in..... like the youngster was using a Spearow but when you battled him his Spearow disappears.....
Must be a common mistake on Zel or in "PKMN GOld" so neh......

I must say the game really rock w/ the phone booths and some other thingees, the game rock keep up the good work there zel!

pizzakoe
January 3rd, 2008, 03:18 AM
Uhm, I know this isn't really the place to ask, but eh..
In the trickhouse, after finishing the gymmatch with Pryce in Mahoganytown, I can't find the scroll! haven't you finished it yet, cause I've tried every tile, and I haven't found it. Please tell me: Is this one finished, or not?

Thanks..

D_Force
January 3rd, 2008, 04:28 AM
can someone PM me with the solution to the whirlpool level of the trickhouse? thanks!

shinygoldash
January 3rd, 2008, 04:48 AM
Why doesn't Zel just use any pokemon center script for the nurse like the cerulean nurse.
It would fix the "Killing Pokemon Center"!

bomeister
January 3rd, 2008, 05:02 AM
Zel, I like your hack, but can someone PM me the solution for the trickhouse maze after beating Pryce

zel 2.0
January 3rd, 2008, 06:24 AM
People, stop asking about the solution of that trick house puzzle. It's not hard. You just need to search carefully. And, in the end, remember where you are "the trick house" so the puzzle is supposed to be... tricky XD

Sometimes trainers just don't battle me.. as if I battled them earlier.
Is an old save ( from b4) could cause it? ( I naturally patched on clean fr rom )

Yes, there was a lot of trainers repointings so if you are using an old beta save then you'll be having a lot of non-battles (because you've already battle them before, even if they were other people)

Is the event with getting tyrouge still in the game?
I usually do that, to geet either hitmontop or hitmonlee.

Yes, it's still there. I'm not gonna remove anything if it was working fine and it was in the original Gold.

The same thing happened to me just I lost in the extra battle in the Azalia Gym, and another musical glich sertan team rocket member cause there special music to play on other traners. And another one, is that on sertan routes the pokemon battle music is wrong meaning it's legandary pkm music.

lastly zel I couden't help myself and opened SG in advanced map and saw a bunch a other maps that I can't seem to find my way too. Like Mt. Steel, and Pureity Forest where are these?

OK, I got it. There's some problems with losing certain battles. We'll have to test things more throughly next time.

Ehhhmmm... Sorry, cannot really tell you here...

Great and amazing hack dude, I'll try to make a little banner or sig for you, ok?

Just take a look at the ones posted at the first post if you want a guide or to know which kind of stuff I like (but remember that I still need to update that first post)

i've heard that the flyposts are messed up for blackthorn and mahogany. how bad is it? is it just that you dont warp to pokecenter or do you get stuck in a wall?

No, they actually work (they'll send you to the proper city... just not in front of the PokeCenter, but they do work)

2. While reading PROF. ELM's message after beating the Flying GYM, some of his lines were cut... "...discover..."then next line. But nah~ Small error, easy to fix and ignore. :D
3. Why can't I run around the outside areas of Ruins of Alph? :\

Enjoying the game~

1.You can guess that there's no Rattata overworld in FR, and since I didnt want to touch overworlds when I started SG, then I just decided to transform it into a Spearow. What could have happened to his Spearow, well, who knows... Maybe he stored it into his PC or traded it with someone for that Rattata (be creative ^^)
2.OK, haven't noticed that.
3.You can't run around a few other areas other than R.Alph, in fact. More stuff needed to be checked.
4.Yes, we've discussed about it. I wanted to give a baby Pokemon early. And it was because I couldn't fill the place with just Unowns (it was freezing my game)

the tile sends me down and freezes the sprite(it doesnt freeze the game)

nice hack

OK.

hey can anyone gimme the order of the undergroud shulttles pls

Simple: Just read the walkthroughs whenever you first have a gameplay question (this goes for everyone else)

Why doesn't Zel just use any pokemon center script for the nurse like the cerulean nurse.
It would fix the "Killing Pokemon Center"!

Because I have used it, in fact. And that's the thing that's causing the mess, because there must be an incompatibility between an original script and the fact that the PokeCenter has been made from scratch.

martauros
January 3rd, 2008, 07:25 AM
Zel, I found a bug Mahogany in TeamR base: When are you going through the pannels with wild pkmns in gold you can't escape frrom it, here you can

jon1992
January 3rd, 2008, 09:46 AM
hey for me this is a big tile error i dont know if its a bug or its just a bad rom but if anybody else gets this tell me or anybodyelse.!!!!

Lady Berlitz
January 3rd, 2008, 09:47 AM
Wow, that's actually a pretty big tile error. But it's a connection problem, so maybe Zel can set it right. Or maybe the Patch you downloaded is messed up. -_-

Went
January 3rd, 2008, 10:03 AM
It's easier to make that little path unwalkable :P
Actually it's a problem of the map itself, which causes the weird border, since in Ad. Map everything looks alright, but later in the game...

Elekible
January 3rd, 2008, 10:26 AM
I just noticed a little glitch (not sure if it has been noted before, but meh), whenver you pick a berry you can't pick another berry from any other tree until you enter then exit a building, is this meant to be like that or...

Lady Berlitz
January 3rd, 2008, 10:35 AM
I just noticed a little glitch (not sure if it has been noted before, but meh), whenver you pick a berry you can't pick another berry from any other tree until you enter then exit a building, is this meant to be like that or...That's weird too... I'm not sure about this, Zel, there are a lot of glitches that I have no idea how to fix.

Hope YOU know how, 'cause I don't. -_-

bobmarleypeople
January 3rd, 2008, 10:52 AM
I just noticed a little glitch (not sure if it has been noted before, but meh), whenver you pick a berry you can't pick another berry from any other tree until you enter then exit a building, is this meant to be like that or...

in order to get all these events working, you have to wait a couple of minutes before the event resets. Example: wait a few minutes between picking berries, between giving kurt an apricorn and picking up a ball, various events like that and they're all interchangeable so you'd have to wait a few minutes between giving kurt an apricorn and being able to pick a berry. stuff like that.

Alitus
January 3rd, 2008, 11:52 AM
I found a small map error in the Team Rocket hideout at Mahogany Town. The OW sprite overlaps the tile. It doesn't really matter, but I thought you would like to know Zel.

Anyways, great work on Shiny Gold. Can't wait to see what other new things you create and put in.

Zowayix
January 3rd, 2008, 12:04 PM
@bobmarleypeople

I don't think Elekible meant that.
I'm pretty sure that the berry events, etc. are set by # of steps.
For example, suppose that you need to take 700 steps to be able to pick another berry.
I think that Elekible means that if you take, say, 800 steps, it STILL won't respawn until you enter or exit a building.

Tuskin
January 3rd, 2008, 12:22 PM
I'm lost, I got the Ghostbuster, but I can seem to use it against the ghost.

Apple Inc.
January 3rd, 2008, 01:17 PM
I'm lost, I got the Ghostbuster, but I can seem to use it against the ghost.

Gp tp ecruteak city and go into the burned tower and go to where the dogs were and talk to Morty, he will battle you and fix your Ghostbuster

Tuskin
January 3rd, 2008, 01:23 PM
Gp tp ecruteak city and go into the burned tower and go to where the dogs were and talk to Morty, he will battle you and fix your Ghostbuster

Thank you. I found a big tile error at the bottom of Fuchsia City, anyone else seen it?

tphi
January 3rd, 2008, 01:25 PM
Well, zel hasn't mapped this section, so, well, it's completly bugged

Tuskin
January 3rd, 2008, 01:28 PM
Hey Zel I like how you had

Jessie and Jamie at the Celadon City Game Cornor trying to find the old hideout. And you in the Mansion, very funny lines you say if you keep speaking to your self

bakayaroo
January 3rd, 2008, 01:35 PM
why arent Gary replaced with Silver at the introduction :S?

Tuskin
January 3rd, 2008, 01:37 PM
I seem to have a ghost Rare Candy, I open my bag its there, I close it open it again its gone, repeate and its back again, I use it, it comes back after a bit. It even has a "x0" beside it.

DarthSenorQueso
January 3rd, 2008, 01:52 PM
well dont use it it probebly is a bad egg gllitch...

Went
January 3rd, 2008, 02:03 PM

I think that Elekible means that if you take, say, 800 steps, it STILL won't respawn until you enter or exit a building.

That's fake.
I tried it in route 36 (where sudowoodo is) with the tree of aspear berries and I didn't had to enter any building after walking enough steps.

By the way, a magical rare candy, eh? Another one to the list of mythical bugs. Do you remember where you got it?

+Sneasel™
January 3rd, 2008, 02:08 PM
I don't know why this happened, but the phone booth got all messed up.
After i beat Morty, i called my mom(for fun) and it said "mem not availiable" or whatever it says when you don't have the person

After i beat Olivine gym it was fine.

Kasekopf
January 3rd, 2008, 04:04 PM
Wow, Beta 5 looks great!
I've resolved myself to wait for the X version, so I have to wait a bit longer. :'(

Note to self- make sure save files work before I start this beta >_<

Xtrude
January 3rd, 2008, 04:28 PM
zel ur a god bcus would neva b able to do this thanks for all u hav done!!!

by the way how do u get trainer sprites into game without corruption bcus when i do it it says its too big and then when i play its weird colour, the image is indexed!

ChrisG14
January 3rd, 2008, 05:27 PM
Wow Zel, I'm glad SG's back! I'm sure you don't remeber me (no one does XD), but I helped with the text walkthrough with dirk123. Once I get some free time, I'll help update that walkthrough with Dirk so it goes with Beta 5.

zel 2.0
January 3rd, 2008, 06:50 PM
OK people, let me remind you that there's always two things you need to do before posting questions on the thread.
The First: Read the FAQs in the first post
The Second: If you will have gameplay questions, you may want to check out the walkthroughs posted in the first post as well (under the section I called "Tourist Center")

Please, do that before posting in the thread, because you are starting to make questions that have been already asked, or gameplay stuff that it can be found in the walkthroughs, or stuff that simply cannot be revealed that easily on this thread.

Specially, I'm getting quite annoyed with the "where can I find X pokemon?", "where's Jirachi?" or "how does the GS Ball, Kurt, Celebi event work?". You really need to act more like gamers, and investigate the game you are playing.
The Jirachi thing is something pretty strange to do, and until someone else comes up with an idea, all your complains about not finding it wont be answered (specially from me, since the Beta was released just four days ago), and they'll just generate spam, so, wait till someone discovers it, or try to discover it for yourself.

Well, please, dont just pust stuff without thinking. Can you do that for me? Thanks ;)

Zel, I found a bug Mahogany in TeamR base: When are you going through the pannels with wild pkmns in gold you can't escape frrom it, here you can

They made everything that way (dont know why), on FR you can escape from ANY wild battle, even from Mewtwo, so there's no way to avoid it. Unless I ask Mastermind_X... :P

I am on the road to go to E4,when you surf east from New Bark Town,pass the waterfall cave,battle 2-3 trainers (after the trainer that has 2 starmies lvl 31 and a Nidoking/nidoqueen i dont remember well) and in the road there is a spot that when you step or surf on it the game RESETS itself.I can't continue because wherever i step, the game resets.Does it happen to someone else?Can it be fixed somehow?

Btw the game rocks.It is awesome keep up the good work.Too bad i can't continue :(

You are having a big problem which nobody has. It sounds as a patching problem, or maybe using an older beta save. BUT, if you could post a screenshot, somehow (since you are new around here, it'd be hard) I'd be able to help... I cannot say anything till then.

This is in the FAQs. You then said that even after walking 10 minutes outside he still doesn't want the GS Ball. Maybe that could mean you didn't talk with Elm first? If you have, then you are activating another timed event somewhere else, there are a few around (even the trip from Kanto to Johto is a timed event), it should work after some time.

why arent Gary replaced with Silver at the introduction :S?

Simply, I dont have a sprite to replace it with, yet XD

I seem to have a ghost Rare Candy, I open my bag its there, I close it open it again its gone, repeate and its back again, I use it, it comes back after a bit. It even has a "x0" beside it.

Sigh... Even more weirdness... No idea...

I don't know why this happened, but the phone booth got all messed up.
After i beat Morty, i called my mom(for fun) and it said "mem not availiable" or whatever it says when you don't have the person

After i beat Olivine gym it was fine.

Can anyone else confirm about this?

Wow Zel, I'm glad SG's back! I'm sure you don't remeber me (no one does XD), but I helped with the text walkthrough with dirk123. Once I get some free time, I'll help update that walkthrough with Dirk so it goes with Beta 5.

Ah, PLEASE! It's quite urgent an update on the walkthrough, so we can start getting less questions about gameplay stuff.

I'll repeat it...
The First: Read the FAQs in the first post
The Second: If you will have gameplay questions, you may want to check out the walkthroughs posted in the first post as well (under the section I called "Tourist Center")

Now that that's done, I'll say that I'll be releasing the X version tomorrow Friday.

shadoweevee
January 3rd, 2008, 07:37 PM
Yes I've been waiting for the x version I'm going to trade my old pokemon from beta four to beta five and play with them. Woohoo shinygold is back and better than ever! :cool:

shinygoldash
January 4th, 2008, 01:47 AM
I haven't found the "so-called" lv10 no obay glitch.
Maybe it was just the rom.

Maybe ZEL could do a switch for Beta 6

So The rival sprite is moved to Blue's slot and Blue's OW(It should be revamped)
is where the Silver OW originally was.

zel 2.0
January 4th, 2008, 07:07 AM
Hey everyone, I just uploaded the "X" version of Shiny Gold, so now you can download it from the first post, as always!

It'll have the same bugs and stuff than the normal version so dont have high hopes of fixes there.

So, with that, now I'll start working on updating the list of bugs and maybe give the first post some redisignment or something (on the weekend)

Hope you have some fun with the X (at least more than me, since I just suffer on that version... -_-)

Lady Berlitz
January 4th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Great to see the X version finally out, Zel! I'll play it as soon as I... well, get ready. 'Cause I have to get ready to play your awesome hack, Zel!
Good luck, and I hope to see some progress on the next release... :D

wizzard
January 4th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Nice Work zel. i like your pokemon hack! thumbup

bakayaroo
January 4th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Simply, I dont have a sprite to replace it with, yet XD

aha, i see, but cant you choose one of those sprites from serebiis fanart sprites section?

martauros
January 4th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Zel, in dragon den when you pick up the dragon fang from the left side, clair doesn't come, she is at the end of this island, and when you talk to her, the game freezes.

Went
January 4th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Zel, in dragon den when you pick up the dragon fang from the left side, clair doesn't come, she is at the end of this island, and when you talk to her, the game freezes.

Ok, this bug has happened before. I played that part several times to make sure, and I didn't have any problem. Did you use any cheat or something? Because if you access the cave the correct way, Clair should disappear and there should not be any problem. I just checked it entering the cave normally and I didn't have any problem. So, please, give more information.

union-jake
January 4th, 2008, 12:54 PM
this game is brilliant. Gold and silver were always my favourite games and the fact that they have been re-made is great. I highly recomend this too anybody who might download it.

GeorgeLama
January 4th, 2008, 02:47 PM
just reached the misty part, thats the end of beta5 isnt it? and when i use the walk through walls code everything after celurean city turns odd.. i also arrived at "Pallet Town" and found myself at NewBark town lol

black_cat
January 4th, 2008, 02:50 PM
um nooooooo..... you can get to the power plant. the bata's end is fucha city

D_Force
January 4th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Just completed the beta... was great, cant wait til this is finished!

Har D Har
January 4th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Great job Zel! I just finished doing everything there is to do, so I am honored by the glory of this beta.

Dio
January 4th, 2008, 11:37 PM

I am on the road to go to E4,when you surf east from New Bark Town,pass the waterfall cave,battle 2-3 trainers (after the trainer that has 2 starmies lvl 31 and a Nidoking/nidoqueen i dont remember well) and in the road there is a spot that when you step or surf on it the game RESETS itself

EDIT: I somehow tried to patch again the beta 5 on another fire red ROM and it worked because the character moved normally on the spot that was resetting the game,without resetting it.But the next trainer has a level 65 Feebas (!!) and the trainer after him has 3 pokemons and the first one has a level 51 Whiscash (and of course i cant win him).All my pokemon are from lvl 35-45.Is it supposed to be so hard or is a problem that I only have, again? What's happening?? :S

ShyRayq
January 4th, 2008, 11:41 PM
lv65 Feebas?
isn't Milotic
anyway that has to be X version

Dio
January 4th, 2008, 11:52 PM
lv65 Feebas?
isn't Milotic
anyway that has to be X version

OH am sorry.Yes i meant Milotic.So the X version is supposed to be very hard?
I tried now to patch the beta 5 (not the X) and it worked but know the trainer has a level 55 Feebas and the next one only a level 30 qwilfish.Ok now i think the problem is fixed.Thx for the help everyone!!! :D

clonex25
January 5th, 2008, 12:11 AM
Finally, Beta5 is released. I hope that it has some good music there. I also hope that the looping thingy will be at the next releases.

I feel sad about being Shiny Gold is only second place, but at least it reached the Top 3, not bad at all.

zel 2.0
January 5th, 2008, 03:46 AM
So The rival sprite is moved to Blue's slot and Blue's OW(It should be revamped)
is where the Silver OW originally was.

I guess if I do that, in the rival naming screen, you'd get Gary's OW being displayed there. So, I guess the way it is now is the way it should stay.

aha, i see, but cant you choose one of those sprites from serebiis fanart sprites section?

Well, thing is I already have the help from a good spriter, so he should be the one having the priority in the sprites' topic.

just reached the misty part, thats the end of beta5 isnt it? and when i use the walk through walls code everything after celurean city turns odd.. i also arrived at "Pallet Town" and found myself at NewBark town lol

The end of the Beta5 is not that clear this time, mainly because you can play Kanto more freely and less linearly than Johto. You could say it's over once you've done all the events at all the cities except Pewter, Viridian, Pallet and Cinnabar (as those places are out of reach)

EDIT: I somehow tried to patch again the beta 5 on another fire red ROM and it worked because the character moved normally on the spot that was resetting the game,without resetting it.But the next trainer has a level 65 Feebas (!!) and the trainer after him has 3 pokemons and the first one has a level 51 Whiscash (and of course i cant win him).All my pokemon are from lvl 35-45.Is it supposed to be so hard or is a problem that I only have, again? What's happening?? :S

So, I guess it must be a patching problem, then? By the way, are you patching over already patched versions? Because that'll just give a hell lot of problems (Shuri-x demonstrated it on the older thread). Remember to always patch over a CLEAN FR(U) rom.

A Feebas? He's supposed to have a Milotic on both versions...

But, yeah. The X version is only for the people who wants a challenge, the levels are pretty high and the special trainers use better battling techniques, that's the only difference, actually. If you were playing the normal version and then you patched the X version over it, well, you'll be in big troubles XD

Finally, Beta5 is released. I hope that it has some good music there. I also hope that the looping thingy will be at the next releases.

I feel sad about being Shiny Gold is only second place, but at least it reached the Top 3, not bad at all.

The loop has been added for the tracks I inserted. The only problem currently is the volume, too high and it makes some static noises. We have to keep working on that, clonex ;)

carter756978
January 5th, 2008, 04:13 AM
Im sorry if you dont want me to post this but i noticed that if you lose against silver the first time you battle him then youll rush home to your mum but come out of the pokemon centre. Just pointing out something that i noticed, im not trying to say your rubbish

~*Pikafan*~
January 5th, 2008, 05:00 AM
Zel, there are 2 bugs that I found in the game. They both involve the trick house.

When you get up to the spinning arrows map, if you go to the tile that points you down near the entrance, the game doesn't allow you to move. I saw that posted here before too, but you didn't answer him/her.

And when you have 7 maps left in the Trick House, even after beating the game, he doesn't let you go into the room anymore, but he still says there are 7 more you need to do. Did you stop it there on purpose or is it a bug?

And there's another thing that doesn't have to do with the game but with the front post. Just saying, when you're editing it, you put the Missingno. in Mt. Mortar Glitch twice, and I think the bike stuff twice too.

@mach8822: He said after the Shiny Gold X Version is released you can, and it has been. So I think you can.

DarthSenorQueso
January 5th, 2008, 05:16 AM
I have a bug where icant look at my tm bag it looke all glitch then in my normal bag it has ?????? and?43n master balls when i go out it transports me int a glitchy place a all water and slightly dark place or my screen goes black....

wizzard
January 5th, 2008, 05:37 AM
i found too a bug with a screenshot(i cant show it now i need more then 15 posts >_< i give you a pm with screenshot zel.)

if you will show the mystery egg prof. elm go back of him and when he go back he stand on you!

EDIT:sry for my english ^^

D_Force
January 5th, 2008, 06:14 AM
Btw zel, you probably know this but it is possible to remain completely trapped in one of the trick house levels (that has boulders, rock smash rocks and cut trees). So you may need to edit that level to stop that happening

Cold Rock
January 5th, 2008, 06:21 AM
Hi, where can i find stones (fire/water/etc) in the Shiny Gold (first continent) to evolve pokemon (ex:Staryu to Starmie and Growlithe to Arcanine)

Thanks

dirk123
January 5th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Hi, where can i find stones (fire/water/etc) in the Shiny Gold (first continent) to evolve pokemon (ex:Staryu to Starmie and Growlithe to Arcanine)

Thanks

You can only get 2 Evolution Stones in Johto:
- Sun Stone (by winning the Bug Catching Contest)
- 1 of 4 elemental stones (fire/grass/thunder/water) in the Dragon's Den at Blackthorn City (Which elemental stone you get depends in which order you defeat the 3 or 4 trainers).

All the other elemental evolution stones are in Kanto, gotten from Bill's Grampa by showing certain pokemon to him.

avion48
January 5th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Is Mudkip supposed to be that rare?
I am in the Union Cave and I battled around 60 pokemon and still no Mudkip.
In the last beta I found Mudkip as the first pokemon in the Union Cave.

Went
January 5th, 2008, 07:59 AM
if you will show the mystery egg prof. elm go back of him and when he go back he stand on you!

Known.

I have a bug where icant look at my tm bag it looke all glitch then in my normal bag it has ?????? and?43n master balls when i go out it transports me int a glitchy place a all water and slightly dark place or my screen goes black....

So you had the "Name change" glitch and problems with the bag... Try another rom, I think that's the main cause.

Is Mudkip supposed to be that rare?
I am in the Union Cave and I battled around 60 pokemon and still no Mudkip.
In the last beta I found Mudkip as the first pokemon in the Union Cave.

Yes, it's supposed to be that rare, don't worry. It's just that you were luckier last time.

Mr. X
January 5th, 2008, 10:39 AM

if you look at the maps with advanced map you will see that their are 2 diffrent new bark town maps. One finished and one uncompleted which the uncompleted one if most likely the pallet town map (I also know this because i can see parts of the pallet town map that connect it to cansasbar island.)

Green Charizard
January 5th, 2008, 10:42 AM
I finally got round to playing some of beta 5. Very good job, the graphics are a great improvement. The Phone System works really well and your scripting is, as usual, impeccable. There's a couple of maps that could be improved a bit, such as the New Bark one. But what can I say, sheer awesomeness! xD

Anyway, I was thinking, it'd be cool to see a new house and lab tiles in New Bark as it gets visited that often. VERY nice work zel, I look forward to seeing more. And seriously, well done!

Mr. X
January 5th, 2008, 10:55 AM
ja i've noticed a few things about the phone system that is kinda... odd.

First... when you add someone new besides mom, and elm) it still says memsomething. Well it remain this way or do you plan to change it?

Also in the caladon game center the pokesticker machine is using the list for the phone thing. will the machine be removed or will it's script be changed?

Gouki113
January 5th, 2008, 03:18 PM
awsome job so far, i just beat whitney, the final ver is gonna be awsome

SDODC13
January 5th, 2008, 04:44 PM
I got one question are you keeping the gym and leader's music the same for an example or are you doing over all the music. Plus a few side comments. One why are the rocket admin and grunt musics the same? Just kinda curious as to whether you'll make seprate musics or keep it the same and secondly great job on the hack so far and the new added touches are awesome.

Mr. X
January 5th, 2008, 04:52 PM
I'm having audio issues with the latest copy. I've not had these problems in the past; it's hard to expalin what the problem is. It's kind of like it's playing multiple audio parts at once... there's like this looping cymbal sound in the background in the second city, for example.

If your ROM is working, would someone please check the md5 value of it and post it so I can see if I've done something wrong?

Patched US release with Lunar IPS.

Here's a tool you can use to find the md5 sum:

ftp://ftp6.nero.com/NeroMD5Verifier.zip

Just run the executable and open the ROM. It gives you a checksum, which is a value specific to that file.

Meh zel added new music (d/p music) The music won't play too very well right now so thats why the sound sounds like crud.

Volsfan91
January 5th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Oh, I see. I'm sure he'll get it working great in no time. I wonder if maybe the later parts of the game have better sound than the earlier parts?

NidoodiN
January 5th, 2008, 06:33 PM
This playthrough I'm writing down every trainer name + pokemon used while going through the Shiny Gold X version. Now I understand all the "#TRAINER/1" are the phone booth people.

I did notice two Sage Pings in the Ecruteak Gym, though (one named PING!, the other named PING).

Also, fighting the rival for the first time with Totodile as your starter is hard as hell, since the rival's Chikorita knows Razor Leaf. As if the first battle with Carlos' Slowpoke wasn't luck-based enough...

zel 2.0
January 5th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Im sorry if you dont want me to post this but i noticed that if you lose against silver the first time you battle him then youll rush home to your mum but come out of the pokemon centre. Just pointing out something that i noticed, im not trying to say your rubbish

It was like that in the original (well, not like I remember it too clearly right now), so when you lose while coming back from Mr.Pokemon's house (or at Silver's battle) you were sent to Cherrygrove's Pokemon Center by default (even if you didn't go there previously), instead of your house (if I sent you to your house, then you could avoid Silver's battle if you lose before reaching Cherrygrove), so that thing you noticed was something intentional to avoid a bug, and not a bug itself (I cant avoid the 1sec where you are at mom's house... :()

Zel, there are 2 bugs that I found in the game. They both involve the trick house.

When you get up to the spinning arrows map, if you go to the tile that points you down near the entrance, the game doesn't allow you to move. I saw that posted here before too, but you didn't answer him/her.

And when you have 7 maps left in the Trick House, even after beating the game, he doesn't let you go into the room anymore, but he still says there are 7 more you need to do. Did you stop it there on purpose or is it a bug?

And there's another thing that doesn't have to do with the game but with the front post. Just saying, when you're editing it, you put the Missingno. in Mt. Mortar Glitch twice, and I think the bike stuff twice too.

@mach8822: He said after the Shiny Gold X Version is released you can, and it has been. So I think you can.

The arrows thing was posted before, so I am aware of that. I dont really have to reply to all the bugs posts, because I know it'd make me crazy as before.

If he says there's 7 more tricks, then it must be that there are 7 more tricks. Problem is, you still haven't progressed more in the adventure (because the Beta doesn't let you to progress more)

Whatever, as you know, that list of bugs will be taken care of soon.

Btw zel, you probably know this but it is possible to remain completely trapped in one of the trick house levels (that has boulders, rock smash rocks and cut trees). So you may need to edit that level to stop that happening

I think I spotted it when I was editting the trainers in the X version. Additionaly, I think if you are around the V.Road without Strength, you could get stuck in the "hot room" if you jump down the ledge.
Well, it's really hard thinking the puzzles... Improvments coming!

I finally got round to playing some of beta 5. Very good job, the graphics are a great improvement. The Phone System works really well and your scripting is, as usual, impeccable. There's a couple of maps that could be improved a bit, such as the New Bark one. But what can I say, sheer awesomeness! xD

Anyway, I was thinking, it'd be cool to see a new house and lab tiles in New Bark as it gets visited that often. VERY nice work zel, I look forward to seeing more. And seriously, well done!

New Bark is pretty small, so I wouldn't know what to add there. But, well, you know me. I prefer that the game is actually entertaining rather than being graphically astounding (that's why my fascination with scripting)

Sure thing, but I'm not a tiler, that's a problem (and I dont think I know of a good game to rip tiles from...)

ja i've noticed a few things about the phone system that is kinda... odd.

First... when you add someone new besides mom, and elm) it still says memsomething. Well it remain this way or do you plan to change it?

Also in the caladon game center the pokesticker machine is using the list for the phone thing. will the machine be removed or will it's script be changed?

Remember that I cannot change the stuff said in the multi boxes of the Phone Booth. Do not insist with that, 'cause it's gonna stay like that (paper and pen will be your friends there)

Ah, so I guess that's where the multi box I used came from... That sucks... Guess the machine will be out, then ('cause we need to replace something for adding something, as we cannot create multiboxes out of nothing)

I got one question are you keeping the gym and leader's music the same for an example or are you doing over all the music. Plus a few side comments. One why are the rocket admin and grunt musics the same? Just kinda curious as to whether you'll make seprate musics or keep it the same and secondly great job on the hack so far and the new added touches are awesome.

Musical changes are to be expected in the future Betas. For now I'm just leaving everything ready for when I have their corresponding GSC remixes.

The rockets and admins had the same music in the original, didn't they? (I just gave them the Magma theme, since I dont have that GSC music currently)

I did notice two Sage Pings in the Ecruteak Gym, though (one named PING!, the other named PING).

Two PINGs? (Imagine all the bad jokes I could be thinking right now XD), hmmm... weird, that must mean one is the real and the other is the fake, and the one that should be changed (or maybe I just did a mistake on the ID of the battler)

thungyx
January 5th, 2008, 09:08 PM
how to get the pkmn stole by jess and jamie back zel?

Thrace
January 5th, 2008, 09:23 PM
I can't seem to get the ticket from the girl, what do you need to do to get it?

Gamewhale
January 5th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Awesome, it's good to see ShinyGold back. I'm lovin' the new beta, especially the Phone Booths. ^.^ I haven't got very far yet, but I'm getting there. I was just wondering, at what level does Graveler evolve into Golem?

Thanks.

poring24
January 5th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Alright, I guess I've gone too far...my apologies.

I was pissed ok. I might return to the game when the game's completed.
And oh, it's my opinion, I never said anyone had to agree with it

destinedjagold
January 5th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Awesome, it's good to see ShinyGold back. I'm lovin' the new beta, especially the Phone Booths. ^.^ I haven't got very far yet, but I'm getting there. I was just wondering, at what level does Graveler evolve into Golem?

Thanks.

Here's your answer... It was on page 49, so read the previous pages, k? :)

Haunter evolves into Gengar at level 42
Onix evolves into Steelix at level 40
Kadabra evolves into Alakazam at level 40
Machoke evolves into Machamp at level 45
Gravler evolves into Golem at level 42
Seadra evolves into Kingdra at level 50
Scyter evolves into Scizor with a Moon Stone
Eevee evolves into Espeon with a Sun Stone
Eevee evolves into Umbreon with a Moon Stone
Porygon evolves into Porygon2 at level 40
Clamperl evolves into Huntail with a Moon Stone
Clamperl evolves into Gorebyss with a Sun Stone
Slowbro evolves into Slowking with a Water Stone

Known evolution of trade pokemon....Click if you dare

axlefoley
January 6th, 2008, 12:34 AM
Hey Zel I dunno if you are aware of this but Clamperl still needs to be traded to evolve

Cold Rock
January 6th, 2008, 12:35 AM
@dirk123
Thanks a lot man ;D
--
Ok, my last question and i dont bother u guys more (^^) is Skarmory and Sneasel avaible like wild pokemon (to catch)?

And, in Beta5 have wild shiny pokemons? I know the Red Gyarados but i refeer to other wild... like Pikachu, Ditto, etc. Can we catch them? (Wild Shiny)

?

Thanks ;)

cgnius
January 6th, 2008, 12:51 AM
Hey Zel, I'm midway through the X version of the beta and I noticed that you can't fly to the lake of rage. I guess it would be tough to implement, but in the original I think you could Fly to the lake of Rage.

destinedjagold
January 6th, 2008, 12:53 AM
Hey Zel I dunno if you are aware of this but Clamperl still needs to be traded to evolve

I know not if you have seen my post just above this page.., post number 1333...
Clampearl needs not be traded to evolve.

jojaekyung
January 6th, 2008, 01:08 AM
Can anyone help me? I have just started on Shinygold X beta 5. and im at the powerplant by the cerulean city. when i enter the gym theres no one there and as i remembered in beta 4 there was a rocket but he wasnt here anymore. the machine part isnt there either. plz help me.. I use a clean fire red ROM and using vba(the newest edition) to play this game.

carter756978
January 6th, 2008, 01:58 AM
When your in jasmines gym (after youve got the secret potion for ampharos) carlos talks to you and says youve already got 5 badges when youve only got 4

axlefoley
January 6th, 2008, 02:03 AM
In lavender town there is a girl above Mr. Fuji's Funeral house thing that resembles wathisface's niece but when I talked to her the game froze and sucked to coz I had forgot to save (I usually save before every town just in case) but I think the last time I saved was just after I got the GS ball :s

could someone lend me a save from just before you hit lavender town please?

Lupe
January 6th, 2008, 02:46 AM
the beta ends in fuschia right so does that mean that we cant get back the pokemon that the rockets stole?sorry if it has been asked,oh and by the way zel can you give us a hint on how to catch jiracji?

Went
January 6th, 2008, 03:18 AM
Hey Zel, I'm midway through the X version of the beta and I noticed that you can't fly to the lake of rage. I guess it would be tough to implement, but in the original I think you could Fly to the lake of Rage.

There aren't enough fly posts available. That's why, as example, you can't fly to Cherrygrove or Lavender.

Can anyone help me? I have just started on Shinygold X beta 5. and im at the powerplant by the cerulean city. when i enter the gym theres no one there and as i remembered in beta 4 there was a rocket but he wasnt here anymore. the machine part isnt there either. plz help me.. I use a clean fire red ROM and using vba(the newest edition) to play this game.

You need to go first to the Power Plant, and then the rocket will appear.

When your in jasmines gym (after youve got the secret potion for ampharos) carlos talks to you and says youve already got 5 badges when youve only got 4

Known.

In lavender town there is a girl above Mr. Fuji's Funeral house thing that resembles wathisface's niece but when I talked to her the game froze and sucked to coz I had forgot to save (I usually save before every town just in case) but I think the last time I saved was just after I got the GS ball :s

could someone lend me a save from just before you hit lavender town please?

Known. You entered Lavender by the south route, right?

the beta ends in fuschia right so does that mean that we cant get back the pokemon that the rockets stole?sorry if it has been asked,oh and by the way zel can you give us a hint on how to catch jiracji?

¬_¬ Keep searching in both questions. There are ways to get everything if you investigate a little.

el lloydie
January 6th, 2008, 04:11 AM
Excellent work. I'm just wondering how you plan to include all the other legendaries.

axlefoley
January 6th, 2008, 05:45 AM
Known. You entered Lavender by the south route, right?

I wasn't reporting it because I thought I had read about it somewhere I was just wondering how to fix it thats all and obviously I have to come from the west route right?

PokeFanatic12698
January 6th, 2008, 06:27 AM
Just browsing with the wii, the hack looks great hope you don't give up!!

evaN35
January 6th, 2008, 10:34 AM
i cannot play the game that is v5 x and v5 Beta .. I couldnt play .. But i played with v4 ... and finished it .. When i tried to start game , the game is crashing. .. ( After the Click New Game Screen ) .. The screen is become black ... Nothing to see .. What can i do ?

January 6th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Bad patch i gues? The game you pachete is not clean?

chaoscreater
January 6th, 2008, 11:11 AM
hi u guys probably won't read this since there're so many pages, i just wanna say keep up the good work!

and i have this problem, i DO know how to patch the rom, had no problem with any of the hacks i got from here, except after applying the beta 5 patch the game kinda, deteriorates? I.e when u start the game, the Ho-oh doesn't fly or animate and the colours look blurred, and also am i suppose to start a new game for this patch or can i load of my old one from Version 4? Cuz i'm just at jhoto right now, the jhoto fall bit when u encounter Amelia, i opened up my menu and it looks screwed up, i see the "retire" option which is for Safari Zone, i haven't even got up to there yet but if u click it i teleport to Safari Zone entrance, lol wtf??

Another problem with the menu is i get duplicated options, there are 2 blank spaces on the top of the menu but if u click them it's actually pokedex and pokemon, and at the bottom i see the option pokedex and it opens the pokedex up like normal but this is duplicated, i see the save button but it opens up option instead, basically either it's duplicated or it doesn't do wat it says.......

And here's the screwed up bit, there're now 2 patches, version5 and the newer one, V5 X patch, i applied the version 5 patch and everything is normal, well not really but it's normal compare to the X patch which is newer, here's a problem with the trainers at jhoto fall:

When you fight Amelia, her mobs are like lvl 35 average, when u get out the cave i fought only 3 trainers and all their mobs are average around 35 as well, but after applying the betaV5 X patch, the next trainer i fought had lvl 50 mobs, same with the next few, so i was like wtf lvl 35 average mobs and suddenly lvl 50?? Is this suppose to happen??

so what do i do with the X patch? I tried patching it over the beta 5 patch but same thing happens, if the X patch is newer y is this happening? Wat do i do with it then??

+Sneasel™
January 6th, 2008, 11:43 AM
All i can say is get a new rom...
Shiny gold works fine noramlly.

chaoscreater
January 6th, 2008, 11:47 AM
i do have a clean rom, i had no problem using the version 4 patch but now using the version 5 patch this happens.......and i didn't patch it over the version 4 patch either, i patched it over a clean firered version........

and just then i tried starting a new game, i opened up the menu and see nothing, this is weird......

and wat do i do with the X patch? Do u guys have any problems with it? Did u patch it over a clean version or patch it over the version 5 one like an update? Cuz i tried both and only the X patch gives me the problem with the lvl 50 mobs at Route 27 i think, the bit just after u fight Amelia and get out the jhoto fall cave.......cuz normally the mobs there should be lvl 35, not the wild ones but the ones from the trainers........this doesn't happen if i just use the Version5 patch tho, but if i use the X patch, either overpatch version 5 or patched it on a clean version of firered, the same problem occurs.

FrostFlame
January 6th, 2008, 04:22 PM
I was just about to give up on ShinyGold because I couldn't use cut with all my pokemon stolen, until I discovered the solution by accident! I won't tell you how to solve the problem, unless you ask, because it's not my job. Still, it's good what you've done, Zel!

Mr. X
January 6th, 2008, 05:59 PM
meh for those that are having problems with the team rocket encounter in the safari zone this is what you do.

Get to a cut tree (I think its the one that is by the pokemart) and press a like you are going to cut it. now repeat. you might need to repeat again but after the 2nd time koga should show up and cut the tree down for you. After that he will find team rocket and get your pokemon back for you

cgnius
January 7th, 2008, 02:54 AM
Hey Zel. I just wanted t let you know that, after you beat the mahogany gym, and you exit it, if you fly away without taking a further step (like I did) you won't get the pokebeeper message from Prof. Elm about Team Rocket. It took me a while to work out why the Rockets weren't in Goldenrod, so I flew back to mahogany and stepped on the relevant tile. I'm guessing you can't sort this, but you should let people know about it in the first post in case they ask why the Rockets aren't in goldenrod after getting the 7th badge

Went
January 7th, 2008, 03:19 AM
Hey Zel. I just wanted t let you know that, after you beat the mahogany gym, and you exit it, if you fly away without taking a further step (like I did) you won't get the pokebeeper message from Prof. Elm about Team Rocket. It took me a while to work out why the Rockets weren't in Goldenrod, so I flew back to mahogany and stepped on the relevant tile. I'm guessing you can't sort this, but you should let people know about it in the first post in case they ask why the Rockets aren't in goldenrod after getting the 7th badge

This bug is known, and this problem also happens in Olivine and Cianwood. Zel said that he's not going to fix it until he starts working on level scripts for all the events like these (such as the master ball call, the various events in Kanto, etc.). Wait until he posts the bug list before submitting any, please.

Dio
January 7th, 2008, 06:10 AM
Why is page 55 deleted?There were posts in there..

Anw.Can someone help me pls.The game can't save even when i change the save type to flash 128K.It says "save error,please exchange the backup memory".Pls tell me what to do because when i win the E4 the game restarts because it doesn't save
Thx!

warxend_1989
January 7th, 2008, 06:28 AM
what are bad eggs cause i found 2 in my computer

p.s: im a new player (please dont delete this )

Twinx
January 7th, 2008, 07:02 AM

p.s: im a new player (please dont delete this )

Bad eggs are caused by gameshark codes most of the time.

yackm
January 7th, 2008, 07:29 AM
hey guys

I used no$gba as it runs at 400% (can't stand VBA, i just can't seem to throttle up)

The new beta will not allow me to open up the options part, were u can save, pick pokemon etc etc. It will just say no$gba - fatal. Rom - image has crashed :S
However it does seem to work on VBA

any ideas?

btw fantastic hack zel.

747Jason747
January 7th, 2008, 07:38 AM
Why is page 55 deleted?There were posts in there..

Anw.Can someone help me pls.The game can't save even when i change the save type to flash 128K.It says "save error,please exchange the backup memory".Pls tell me what to do because when i win the E4 the game restarts because it doesn't save
Thx!
When I begin a New Game i always Check at the beginning if it can save.You have to Start over if you want to Save :(

Teh Baro
January 7th, 2008, 07:38 AM
hey guys

I used no$gba as it runs at 400% (can't stand VBA, i just can't seem to throttle up)

The new beta will not allow me to open up the options part, were u can save, pick pokemon etc etc. It will just say no$gba - fatal. Rom - image has crashed :S
However it does seem to work on VBA

any ideas?

btw fantastic hack zel.

Summary:

Doesn't work in no$gba
Works in VBA
What do I do?
Answer: use VBA (and logic) ^_^. If it runs too fast, change some video options,

yackm
January 7th, 2008, 07:47 AM
i was aware of that, however beta 4 worked perfectly for me

My problem for VBA is that its toooo slow

When i use a button for speed it just becomes jumpy :S

I'm not knowledgable about any of the settings in vba and on how to improve the general speed.

Dio
January 7th, 2008, 07:52 AM
When I begin a New Game i always Check at the beginning if it can save.You have to Start over if you want to Save :(

Are you serious?? :S:S Everytime i was downloading the new beta it was always saying the same thing,but i never went to E4 to have this problem.What is the backup memory?? And why is there a problem with that?

747Jason747
January 7th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Hi Guys this a Suggestion how about we start a Shiny gold trading Tread or something Cause on this program Hamachi u can trade or battle over the net,me and my Friends used it to battle and Trade on FR and LF on our Computers we live a couple of Kilometers away from each other.I wonder if u Can use it for Shiny gold?

Went
January 7th, 2008, 08:05 AM

Incidentally, I had the same exact problem (two bad eggs in box 6) and I never used any gameshark code. Do you have any idea of when you first spotted them? Because it may be caused by a script...

About clamperl, I evolved it the two possible ways without problem. I think that was a fake report or a rom problem (or maybe he tried using a water stone or something).

And about the Ping thing, it's easy to see who they are: the only two male sages on Morty's gym.

zel 2.0
January 7th, 2008, 11:24 AM

Because I always assume that you've gotten the badges till Ecruteak AND the badge at Cianwood (5 badges), but, well, you can mess up my calculations pretty easily, as you could not battle Chuck before Jasmine. Or you could even go to Mahogany and then battle Chuck, and that way you'd gotten 6 instead of 5... Sigh... Continuity problems are really troublesome, as it involves people doing stuff I wouldn't do... :P

Excellent work. I'm just wondering how you plan to include all the other legendaries.

With events, of course. But it's still a bit early to talk about them. Just know that in B6 there'll be 4 more legendaries (one is Lugia, obviously)

I wasn't reporting it because I thought I had read about it somewhere I was just wondering how to fix it thats all and obviously I have to come from the west route right?

When you come from the north or the west there are some tiles with scripts to remove Amelia's sprite. However, again, I forgot that you could take the long way and come from Fuchsia and, in the south there are no scripts to remove her sprite... Who'd take that way? XD

Hi Guys this a Suggestion how about we start a Shiny gold trading Tread or something Cause on this program Hamachi u can trade or battle over the net,me and my Friends used it to battle and Trade on FR and LF on our Computers we live a couple of Kilometers away from each other.I wonder if u Can use it for Shiny gold?

I guess that, since SG is a FR hack, anything would be able to work on it... But just do your thread opening if you want and talk about that there, not here.

And that's what I had. Went has taken care of the rest :D
So now I can dedicate to my PMs

January 7th, 2008, 11:37 AM
With events, of course. But it's still a bit early to talk about them. Just know that in B6 there'll be 4 more legendaries (one is Lugia, obviously)

You think you might be able to say some other names? It coult be like you woult be giving a name out evey update? Nahh, Then you coult only make 3 updates more:( But then coult you not just tell about the coolest legend?

Short Range
January 7th, 2008, 11:38 AM
@ Dio
You have to change the save type on the emulator to 128 Flash. Atleast I think you do. =P

@[email protected]
They might be from a gameshark or cheat device you might of used. Or maybe they just showed up. Whatever they are they're bad.

EDIT: Oh man. I didn't check for a second page. xD
Sorry everyone. Carry on around my idiocy. xP

thealexsite
January 7th, 2008, 01:17 PM
You all probably know that Shiny Gold is available on cartridge. On my holidays to Spain I went to a market in a busy town only to find copies of Shiny Gold and several other games been sold for £25 / $40. I am fluent In spanish so I got talking to one of store owners and he said that he had download from this very website! Since I knew it was a fake he let me have it for free! It came in a professionally designed box and a instruction book that matches the quality of real pokemon games. Proper labels were even attached to the cartridges.

Anyways, I looked at the screenshots and I knew instantly I was Beta 2 because there was frequent screenshots at every part of the game until the Olive City where the book ends. If you can get to Olive can you advance east from Ecruteak City to Route 42 and Mahogany Town.

With anyone who is having problems saving on their Shiny Gold cartridges you can either wash the connectors in alcohol or it requiring replacing components which is much more advanced.

Ice Lightning
January 7th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Hello there :),

I'm making a hack of firered aswell, and I must say this is an awesome hack! And one of the things I most liked was the tilesets, were did you get them? Thanks in advance :)

pkmnmaster69
January 7th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Well zel i played B5 and it was a good game
it was quite intresting when jess and jamie stealed and your pokemon
I finally caught bulbasaur but not much luck on the legendary dogs and jirachi
well other then that good luck with the hack.

Volsfan91
January 7th, 2008, 01:47 PM
You all probably know that Shiny Gold is available on cartridge. On my holidays to Spain I went to a market in a busy town only to find copies of Shiny Gold and several other games been sold for £25 / $40. I am fluent In spanish so I got talking to one of store owners and he said that he had download from this very website! Since I knew it was a fake he let me have it for free! It came in a professionally designed box and a instruction book that matches the quality of real pokemon games. Proper labels were even attached to the cartridges.

That's upsetting. Seriously, what leeches.

shaqattacks
January 7th, 2008, 01:49 PM
I've just beat the elite 4 and it was awesome. This game is amazing Zel but i have two quick questions: 1 Where did the music when you battle Carlos come from and 2 is their anyway to download the music from beta 5?

Lady Berlitz
January 7th, 2008, 01:50 PM
I've just beat the elite 4 and it was awesome. This game is amazing Zel but i have two quick questions: 1 Where did the music when you battle Carlos come from and 2 is their anyway to download the music from beta 5?1. Okay, the music from the Carlos battle came from... well, it came from instruments. :P

2. No, why would you want to do that?

Heart's Soul
January 7th, 2008, 01:57 PM
2. No, why would you want to do that?

Okay, some people want the music from games for other things like... listening on a CD/DVD/Mp3/Mp4/File. People do want this stuff.

axlefoley
January 7th, 2008, 02:53 PM

Anyways, I looked at the screenshots and I knew instantly I was Beta 2 because there was frequent screenshots at every part of the game until the Olive City where the book ends. If you can get to Olive can you advance east from Ecruteak City to Route 42 and Mahogany Town.

With anyone who is having problems saving on their Shiny Gold cartridges you can either wash the connectors in alcohol or it requiring replacing components which is much more advanced.

What idiots if they are going to sell a hack at least wait till it is finished:shocked:

shaqattacks
January 7th, 2008, 02:57 PM
I was only wondering if there was anyway to download the music so i could listen to it and the carlos battle in the elite 4 i've never heard from any of the other pokemon games.

+Sneasel™
January 7th, 2008, 03:50 PM
What idiots if they are going to sell a hack at least wait till it is finished:shocked:

Well, they don't care if it's not finished.
They all just want money, and usually trick
people into buying their game, claiming
it's the real thing.

Elainia
January 7th, 2008, 04:57 PM
I was only wondering if there was anyway to download the music so i could listen to it and the carlos battle in the elite 4 i've never heard from any of the other pokemon games.

For the record, the Carlos battle music comes from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. It's the Galactic Leader Cyrus music.

Ice Lightning
January 7th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Hello there :),

I'm making a hack of firered aswell, and I must say this is an awesome hack! And one of the things I most liked was the tilesets, were did you get them? Thanks in advance :)

*Ehem?* Please reply to this someone? Thanks in advance.

warxend_1989
January 7th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Incidentally, I had the same exact problem (two bad eggs in box 6) and I never used any gameshark code. Do you have any idea of when you first spotted them? Because it may be caused by a script...

same as me. i first spotted them in the computer of cherrygrove when i was jumping boxes. i released them and now every time i use the computer i check box 6 i now have 4 more then before. im still at cherrygrove about to head to violet city btw

p.s: i dont use gameshark at all

Thrace
January 7th, 2008, 06:57 PM
*Ehem?* Please reply to this someone? Thanks in advance.

It says in the credits that they are from Gridiron and Fanking Omega. You can get ones that look just like it a WAH

Dio
January 7th, 2008, 10:14 PM
@ Dio
You have to change the save type on the emulator to 128 Flash. Atleast I think you do. =P

I did.And nothing works.I checked all the save types.It is always saying the same thing. "Please axchange the backup memory".PLS someone help me to fix it.I would never be able to finish shiny gold if it doesnt save.Pls help :(

thungyx
January 7th, 2008, 10:18 PM
how to get the pkmn back stole from jess and jamie

Twinx
January 7th, 2008, 10:31 PM
I did.And nothing works.I checked all the save types.It is always saying the same thing. "Please axchange the backup memory".PLS someone help me to fix it.I would never be able to finish shiny gold if it doesnt save.Pls help :(

You have to restart your game to be able to save, as hard as that may seem.

Dio
January 7th, 2008, 10:41 PM
You have to restart your game to be able to save, as hard as that may seem.

The prob was from the beginning.It never actually saved.I check the saving always before i play the game but this prob was from always so i was saving the game from the emulator and load it as .sgm .Isn't there a solution for this?? :(

Twinx
January 7th, 2008, 10:51 PM
The prob was from the beginning.It never actually saved.I check the saving always before i play the game but this prob was from always so i was saving the game from the emulator and load it as .sgm .Isn't there a solution for this?? :(

delete the existing savefile and start from zero, that fixes everything!
This isn't really the place to be complaining about your problem though.
If it still doesn't work, drop me a PM.

demonmike
January 9th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Every town, some routes, alot in goldenrod.
They aren't too hard to find lol
Okay, this is really confusing me, I've patched my rom with the 5th beta of Shiny Gold X, I presumed it patched okay because the logo at the beggining has 2008 written instead of 2007, but im seeing no phone boxes..

Also could some one help with the world map? I cant seem to fly properly..

edit: after repatching, all the problems have been resolved, thanks for the info peeps =)

+Sneasel™
January 9th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Okay, this is really confusing me, I've patched my rom with the 5th beta of Shiny Gold X, I presumed it patched okay because the logo at the beggining has 2008 written instead of 2007, but im seeing no phone boxes..

Also could some one help with the world map? I cant seem to fly properly..

????
Are you sure you downloaded the correct Beta?
I think you downloaded beta 4.
Try the normal Shiny gold version, i odn't think he's done with the X yet.

Heart's Soul
January 9th, 2008, 01:31 PM
same as me. i first spotted them in the computer of cherrygrove when i was jumping boxes. i released them and now every time i use the computer i check box 6 i now have 4 more then before. im still at cherrygrove about to head to violet city btw

Really? I wonder, is it Beta 5 or 4? Oh well, to me Box 6 is the hacking utensil. Still, zel - hope you noticed that in your boxes. If it's beta 4, sorry to trouble you people.

Vuallum
January 9th, 2008, 01:44 PM
how to get the pkmn back stole from jess and jamie

I believe you have to talk to a tree to get your pokemon back, I haven't got to that stage so I don't know which tree.
Edit: I see alot of "how to" questions... When "how to" without a question mark looks like an explanation. Drop me a PM if you notice that.

hey where can you catch a trapinch, aron, corphish, or a swablu?
someone help me

Just try searching for them, it's not as fun getting told how to get everything.

Apple Inc.
January 9th, 2008, 02:59 PM
I have taken some screenshots. Here they are:
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff305/garfieldlover94/Pokemon-FireRedGBA_04.png http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff305/garfieldlover94/Pokemon-FireRedGBA_02.png http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff305/garfieldlover94/Pokemon-FireRedGBA_03.png http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff305/garfieldlover94/Pokemon-FireRedGBA_06.png http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff305/garfieldlover94/Pokemon-FireRedGBA_05.png http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff305/garfieldlover94/Pokemon-FireRedGBA_07.png http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff305/garfieldlover94/Pokemon-FireRedGBA_08.png

ShyRayq
January 9th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Hey Zel i found a glitch
when you are in lavender town i accitentily went to the house next to the place where people "pray"
i went in a old man said,"what do you want with me?
i battled him he was way hard i bet him he wanted to show me his special place or something then the game froze
there the glitch

warxend_1989
January 9th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by TheX
Really? I wonder, is it Beta 5 or 4? Oh well, to me Box 6 is the hacking utensil. Still, zel - hope you noticed that in your boxes. If it's beta 4, sorry to trouble you people.

its beta 5 and i realised the reason i had so many. it was cause i was moving them to box 14. box 6 just kept puting new ones into box 6 one at a time. so i deleted the ones in box 14 and now i just have the two in box 6 and no more have been added.

P.S: sorry bout this zel

Krobelus
January 9th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Hey Zel i found a glitch
when you are in lavender town i accitentily went to the house next to the place where people "pray"
i battled him he was way hard i bet him he wanted to show me his special place or something then the game froze
there the glitch

O.o, that's weird, I'll check it out.

P.S. Your signature is really long... you might wanna think of putting your trainer cards in spoiler tags.

-Krobe

zel 2.0
January 10th, 2008, 05:20 AM
You think you might be able to say some other names? It coult be like you woult be giving a name out evey update? Nahh, Then you coult only make 3 updates more:( But then coult you not just tell about the coolest legend?

Nope, the only thing I'll say is that not necessarily it means you'll be able to get all 4 of them... And that's as far as I'll go...

And one of the things I most liked was the tilesets, were did you get them? Thanks in advance :)

By ripping them off from another game (I dont really want to say which) and some from DP, and some others with the help from Green Charizard, and then inserting all of them into the game, under SG's palettes.

I've just beat the elite 4 and it was awesome. This game is amazing Zel but i have two quick questions: 1 Where did the music when you battle Carlos come from and 2 is their anyway to download the music from beta 5?

If you've managed to reach the E4, then you should know Carlos has two different battle musics (yeah, I so love myself XD), the "common" one is, as it was said, the Cyrus battle from DP. And then, the "special" one is from... If there are Final Fantasy fans, then... where does it come from, guys? ;)

Hey Zel i found a glitch
there the glitch

I'll be checking both things. Unfortunately, if the box thing is true, I wont be able to do anything there... Because I never did anything related to the box, and doesn't sound as something that someone could fix.
About the old man on Lavender, that sounds really weird... Not that much, because I once thought about making a hidden dungeon on Lavender's Cemetary with ghosts and all that, but then I rejected that idea, I doubt I could have implemented something related that, though.

I'm gonna check and see what happens.

[EDIT1]: Seems the thing about Box6 is true... There's something there which turns out into a bad egg once you put it into your party... But I just wonder where does the problem was originated to begin with. However, it wasn't a bad egg directly in my case, it was just some spriteless thing (named bad egg once put in the party). But, anyway, I guess problems will occur differently for different people. I released this bad thing and box 6 is clear now. I don't know...

[EDIT2]: About the Lavender thing, that's fake. Because there's nothing like an old man who wants to battle and show you a special place. Unless you try to provide a screenshot as proof.

edit: after repatching, all the problems have been resolved, thanks for the info peeps =)

I just wanted to quote that, whenever there's something not working properly, don't panic and post at the thread. Just try to patch again on a clean FR rom (and you could also get a backup rom from another site just in case), and maybe it'll work.

Went
January 10th, 2008, 07:57 AM
I can confirm one thing about the bad egg thingie: it's contagious.

I checked box 6 in a new file and I found that shapeless thing. But, in my advanced file, I found another one in Box 7, plus two in box 6. I rechecked the old file and I had none in box 7.

Edit: ZOMG Necron battle! (took a day to notice...)

demonmike
January 10th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Hmm, just thought I'd check about this.

Okay, the new music thats been put into Shiny Gold, for some reason, the Maho town and Carlos common theme are very low in quality and have crackles.

I just thought I'd check whether this is a problem on my end, or its actually something to do with the game.

Heart's Soul
January 10th, 2008, 02:13 PM

Okay, the new music thats been put into Shiny Gold, for some reason, the Maho town and Carlos common theme are very low in quality and have crackles.

I just thought I'd check whether this is a problem on my end, or its actually something to do with the game.

Change your sound - did you try that? (on the Emulator only!)

demonmike
January 10th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Change your sound - did you try that? (on the Emulator only!)
Im playing through a cartridge in my DS, so its impossible to change, I may try mono and see what happens. (Presuming mono is in the advance titles)

Edit: Just beat Carlos outside Ice Cave in Shiny Gold X, jeez Zel, tough much? =\ Better train some more

someonewhobelieves
January 10th, 2008, 07:22 PM
I thought I'd add to your known evolution chain:
And I found something strange, I dont know if anyone else did so I'm leaving it in a spoiler.

Poliwhirl evolves into Politoed at Level 31
Golbat evolves into Crobat at Level 31

Anyone know where to find a Pikachu?
If you talk to the upper left tile on your house (from behind) there is a weird message about Pikachu.

Krobelus
January 10th, 2008, 08:07 PM
And I found something strange, I dont know if anyone else did so I'm leaving it in a spoiler.

Poliwhirl evolves into Politoed at Level 31
Golbat evolves into Crobat at Level 31

Anyone know where to find a Pikachu?
If you talk to the upper left tile on your house (from behind) there is a weird message about Pikachu.

Okay, I'll answer in spoilers =P

They are supposed to evolve like that, (I think...).
Pikachu, I believe, is behind your house (For some reason), and when you talk to it, it joins your party.

someonewhobelieves
January 10th, 2008, 08:15 PM
I knew those evolutions were correct. It was the rest that confused me. My problem was that my party was full. I feel like a fool.

darkvoider
January 10th, 2008, 09:17 PM
This is good zel ive played ever since beta 2 and ive been waiting for the complete version just take your time man. Im so looking forward to the full version

Adammac
January 11th, 2008, 07:30 AM
I have a problem. I can't find the book with secret code in trick house (whirlpool maze). Can you help me?

Gendo Ikari
January 11th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Nice hack you've got going on here Zel, pretty awesome remake, as well.

Kronos1000
January 11th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Hey Zel i found a glitch
there the glitch

I can ensure you, Zel that this bug is real I have experienced it to, though it's not in the house where people pray, but in this one:

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/2413/pokemonshinygoldum3.png

Now some screenies of the event:

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/6401/pokemonshinygold1dd5.png

Before the battle:

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/2963/pokemonshinygold2xz6.png

He has a lv 75 HITMONLEE with very wierd moves and a lv 73 STEELIX

After the battle:

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/1713/pokemonshinygold3rf2.png

Last screen before the game crashes:

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/5865/pokemonshinygold4zx5.png

Thes images are not edited I can ensure this is real!

pkmnmaster69
January 11th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Well ive found another bug is well

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/6223/sgglitchnf9.th.png (http://img80.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sgglitchnf9.png)

EDIT:It was in a house in lavender town it was the name raters house btw.

Zeikku™
January 11th, 2008, 12:52 PM
this is a small glitch but the red headed rival walks through a youngster (depending on where the youngster walks) after you talk to him at olivine.

B5 is great i love the new music trick house and tiles, the add a whole new effect to the game, keep it up :D

Zowayix
January 11th, 2008, 02:29 PM
that "bug" event seems to be actually an event from FR's lost cave on sevii isle 5.
He even says the same things.
I have no idea why he is a blackbelt.
in FR she was lady selphy(i think) who would give you something if you found her and battled her. She would then warp both of you to her home and give you something (i think)

Lady Berlitz
January 11th, 2008, 02:37 PM
That is a very weird glitch... "Black Belt -Editg-"?

TB Pro
January 11th, 2008, 02:48 PM
that "bug" event seems to be actually an event from FR's lost cave on sevii isle 5.
in FR she was lady selphy(i think) who would give you something if you found her and battled her. She would then warp both of you to her home and give you something (i think)

No.
Lady Selphy Is a lady on Treasure beach.
She is in her house,
The only one on Treasure Beach..
And you go in and talk to her,
She says she wants to see a random pokemon,
Then if you show her one she gives you a prize.

~*Pikafan*~
January 11th, 2008, 03:47 PM
There's no one on Treasure Beach. Treasure Beach is below One Island. Maybe he had a script planned and a level script got in the way. Zel, did you see this glitch?

Batonelli
January 11th, 2008, 05:12 PM

Ah, you mean the girl in the weird cave where you get stuck whole the time. Then at the end, there is this girl who first wants to battle and then wants to go with you out of the cave..

rups284
January 11th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Hey Zel, regarding Jirachi, do you need a specific Pokemon in your party to get him? And can I ask if Jirachi is located near the Pillar of Wishes?? Thanks!

zel 2.0
January 11th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Yes but i need to save if i defeat the E4 if i cant save i can't go further..
I tried downloading a new emulator didnt work.. putting my flash on 128 doesn't work, like 20 fire red roms all didnt work ..
god hates me

Do you remember that as long as you have a .sav or .sa1 generated before making the change on VBA, the problem will persist no matter the rom. The thing is: close the emu (this'll generate a wrong save file), then delete the .sav or .sa1 of the rom. Then open the emulator again, make sure the Flash128 option is enabled before loading the game. If all is well, then proceed with loading the game. That should work. If not, man, you really have a problem with something in your emulator.

They are not good quality music, like Nintendo does. It'll be improved some more, but anyway, I want you people to remember that this is a hack, not an official game made by a big company, so if you want something with top quality everything, you'll be making a mistake with SG (besides, I hope you remember this is my first hack... :P)

The thing is both evolve by happiness, the lv is something irrelevant.

I can ensure you, Zel that this bug is real I have experienced it to, though it's not in the house where people pray, but in this one:

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/2413/pokemonshinygoldum3.png

Now some screenies of the event:

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/6401/pokemonshinygold1dd5.png

Before the battle:

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/2963/pokemonshinygold2xz6.png

He has a lv 75 HITMONLEE with very wierd moves and a lv 73 STEELIX

After the battle:

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/1713/pokemonshinygold3rf2.png

Last screen before the game crashes:

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/5865/pokemonshinygold4zx5.png

Thes images are not edited I can ensure this is real!

All of that means one thing: The map I used for Lavender's Name Rater house is that cave map in the sevii isles, and just with my evil luck, I picked the one that has a level script that messes the game. The only weird thing is that it still doesn't happen to me, so I guess it's just that I haven't triggered something on my game and some of you did. Well, I'll remember to disable the level script there. Thanks.

rups284: Well, I guess it's ok to say that you need a free slot in your party to receive it. However, that's not all there is to it.

Black Charizard.
January 11th, 2008, 09:25 PM
nice to see such progreson shiny gold keep it up this is 1 of the 2 best g/s/c remakes only i suggest 1 thing
you cant enter trick house before you beet the 2nd gym a lvl.8 against a lvl.16 is a bit to high don't you think.

poring24
January 12th, 2008, 04:27 AM
Is there a way to import your save from b4 to b5? When i patched it i had to start all over from the beginning again.

demonmike
January 12th, 2008, 07:08 AM
They are not good quality music, like Nintendo does. It'll be improved some more, but anyway, I want you people to remember that this is a hack, not an official game made by a big company, so if you want something with top quality everything, you'll be making a mistake with SG (besides, I hope you remember this is my first hack... :P)

Oh I wasnt criticizing the music, I just thought I'd check because my DS is relatively new and I havent used it much, and I was hearing crackles at random areas, it was more of a precaution for me incase I needed to return it.

Some area's of new music though are sounding great however.

Olumuyiwa
January 12th, 2008, 07:34 AM
Oh I wasnt criticizing the music, I just thought I'd check because my DS is relatively new and I havent used it much, and I was hearing crackles at random areas, it was more of a precaution for me incase I needed to return it.

Some area's of new music though are sounding great however.
Please don't tell me you bought this on your ds, because if you did then it's a fake
-Olumuyiwa-

Heart's Soul
January 12th, 2008, 07:56 AM

It's a fake, download B5!

Sagiri
January 12th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Hes talking about returning his DS. I think what hes saying is he put it on a Flash Card and played it on his DS. Once he heard the cackling, he thought his DS was messing up, so to find out if he needed to return it, he was asking about the music.
Thats what I get anyway.

Heart's Soul
January 12th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Hes talking about returning his DS. I think what hes saying is he put it on a Flash Card and played it on his DS. Once he heard the cackling, he thought his DS was messing up, so to find out if he needed to return it, he was asking about the music.
Thats what I get anyway.

Oh... I guess that's okay with me then. It ain't your DS pal, use another card.

thealexsite
January 12th, 2008, 12:13 PM
I have Shiny Gold Beta 2 on cartridge. I know you get into Olive City with the exception of the lighthouse. What I need to know is can you advance east from Ecruteck and head for Route 42 and Mount Morter. If you can how far can you get before something stops you.

Also has anyone had trouble saving when playing Shiny Gold on cartridge?

P.S. Does anyone know where I can find an old walkthrough for Shiny Gold that only goes up to Beta 2.

Dio
January 12th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Sorry if it has posted before-i want to ask some things.
1.Firstly i have won all 4 gyms after the E4,in Johto, but when i look on dirk123's walkthrough he says that prof.elm will call me when i get to cerulean and the ship will go in vermilion,but nothing has happened.I went to cerulean,won the guy in front of the gym and there's nothing in it.I searched all cerulean but prof.elm never called me.
2.Also i got the ghostbuster but the ghosts dont go away
3.In Fuschia if you go to the safari zone Team Rocket steals your pokemon and i cant find a way to get them back.i searched all the "reachable" area that you can go without pokemon.
Why are these things happening?I can't do anything else on beta...

Heart's Soul
January 12th, 2008, 02:15 PM

Somebody will fix it in Johto, there's an earlier post regarding that.

Dio
January 12th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Can you PLS tell me the post or the person that fixes it?Is very difficult to find the post in 57 pages.Thx!

+Sneasel™
January 12th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Can you PLS tell me the post or the person that fixes it?Is very difficult to find the post in 57 pages.Thx!

Go to ecrueak city and find Morty (i think he;s in teh tower) and beat him, he will then fix your ghost thing (i think, i did it awhile ago

Dio
January 12th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Thank you very much :D If you know how to fix the other problems too tell me. Thx :D

chaoscreater
January 12th, 2008, 05:23 PM
ok so i decided to switch back to version 5 again even tho i've had problems with it, i think it was just the menu problem but i guess it's fine now, i just have a few questions......

1. How do u get misty to return to her gym? i can't find out how and i haven't played my actual gold version in ages, i only played pokemon again cuz of this hack and plus i play it on my fone rather than using PC......

2. i know u can find mudkip in the cave at azalea town, i forgot wat it's called but it's the one where u find lapras, but i've spent almost a full hour there and couldn't find it, do u surf on water or fish?? and wat part of the cave cuz i've tried everywhere.....

3. so i got the GS ball after arriving at vemeleon city, do i give it to kurt? Well i tried but he's always busy making the pokeball, i never got to get him to make me a 2nd one cuz he's always stuck at making the first one.........i want a Celebi :( that's the only pokemon i don't have in the actual Gold version i own......

4. How do u get to power plant? There's a ghost there, and i can't get that ghost identifier thing, silch co or something??

Thank you very much :D If you know how to fix the other problems too tell me. Thx :D

oh as for ur problem in Fuscia where team rocket steals ur pokemon, just go to the very bottom tree and just keep clicking on it and then koga will show up and cut it down for u.

as for the ghost, i'm not sure which one ur talking about, as u can see above i'm having the one in Cerulean city, the one where u have to go right to reach the power plant......

and about ur professor elm thing.....i don't quite get it, wat was it??

+Sneasel™
January 12th, 2008, 05:32 PM
1. To get misty to return to her gym, go to bills house on teh cape brink

2. Keep looking, i found mudkip a lot sooner than an hour

3. I can't answer that one, it worked for me

4. Look at my previous post to find out how.

Apple Inc.
January 12th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Sorry if it has posted before-i want to ask some things.
1.Firstly i have won all 4 gyms after the E4,in Johto, but when i look on dirk123's walkthrough he says that prof.elm will call me when i get to cerulean and the ship will go in vermilion,but nothing has happened.I went to cerulean,won the guy in front of the gym and there's nothing in it.I searched all cerulean but prof.elm never called me.
3.In Fuschia if you go to the safari zone Team Rocket steals your pokemon and i cant find a way to get them back.i searched all the "reachable" area that you can go without pokemon.
Why are these things happening?I can't do anything else on beta...

1. Go to a phone booth and call Elm
2. Go to Ecruteak and talk to Morty in Burned tower
3. Talk to bottom tree a few times

jeeminwoo
January 13th, 2008, 02:42 AM
I tried catching a bulbasaur, but the map of the pokedex and the map in my bag is different! And also, in the map of the pokedex, what are the additional 3 maps in the left of the biggest map?

Dio
January 13th, 2008, 02:45 AM
I would like to say again that Zel you have an awesome hack,one of the bests ever.I congratulate you.Keep up the good work :)

jeeminwoo
January 13th, 2008, 04:51 AM
Oh, and I also found another glitch, I think...

I didn't get the third badge. I know,you have to talk to Whitney twice to get it, but in the Character menu thing, only the picture of the third badge is left out. Rock Smash doesn't work,either.

zel 2.0
January 13th, 2008, 04:57 AM
nice to see such progreson shiny gold keep it up this is 1 of the 2 best g/s/c remakes only i suggest 1 thing
you cant enter trick house before you beet the 2nd gym a lvl.8 against a lvl.16 is a bit to high don't you think.

I guess you refer to the X version... Because in the normal I think the levels at the first puzzle were somewhere at around Lv12... If that's the case, then you already know what's the deal with the X, it's supposed to be a challenge.

In the end, it's not really a big problem, you should be aware that some decitions must be taken by the player... And they not always should take the right decitions... -_-

I have Shiny Gold Beta 2 on cartridge. I know you get into Olive City with the exception of the lighthouse. What I need to know is can you advance east from Ecruteck and head for Route 42 and Mount Morter. If you can how far can you get before something stops you.

Also has anyone had trouble saving when playing Shiny Gold on cartridge?

P.S. Does anyone know where I can find an old walkthrough for Shiny Gold that only goes up to Beta 2.

Nope, the B2 didn't have anything else after Olivine, and you couldn't reach Route42, Mahogany and the rest, so it ends at Olivine (you can surf at some areas, and that's as far as it gets)

Probably the pirates didn't care about making the save function work, so...

Any walkthrough (even the ones posted in the first post, on the Tourist section) will work on the previous Betas, as there haven't been that many changes in the game. Or you can also consult any of the original Gold guides (at Gamefaqs, if you want), because I try to stick as close as I can to the original game.

And as we always say: "SAY NO TO PIRATES!" (I recommend you to play the Beta from here, it'll be better)

ok so i decided to switch back to version 5 again even tho i've had problems with it, i think it was just the menu problem but i guess it's fine now, i just have a few questions......

1. How do u get misty to return to her gym? i can't find out how and i haven't played my actual gold version in ages, i only played pokemon again cuz of this hack and plus i play it on my fone rather than using PC......

2. i know u can find mudkip in the cave at azalea town, i forgot wat it's called but it's the one where u find lapras, but i've spent almost a full hour there and couldn't find it, do u surf on water or fish?? and wat part of the cave cuz i've tried everywhere.....

3. so i got the GS ball after arriving at vemeleon city, do i give it to kurt? Well i tried but he's always busy making the pokeball, i never got to get him to make me a 2nd one cuz he's always stuck at making the first one.........i want a Celebi :( that's the only pokemon i don't have in the actual Gold version i own......

4. How do u get to power plant? There's a ghost there, and i can't get that ghost identifier thing, silch co or something??

Most of the gameplay questions can be answered by reading the walkthroughs (as I said before, for some parts, even the ones for the original game work)

And don't forget, Kurt's pokeball making is a "timed event", and it's chained with the other "timed events" (like the berry trees, the trip on the ship, and many others), so just walk around for some minutes and then, if you haven't touched anything else, he'll be sitting in his usual position and he'll interact with you (obviously, you need to do the whole beating Vermilion and Saffron gyms and calling Elm to be able to travel by ship to Kanto event first)

Just to point out that some parts of the walkthrough need an update, guys ;)

I tried catching a bulbasaur, but the map of the pokedex and the map in my bag is different! And also, in the map of the pokedex, what are the additional 3 maps in the left of the biggest map?

It's obvious that they are different. We've gone through a lot of pain just to have the world map how it looks now, so the Pokedex stuff may take (a bit or a lot of) time to be changed (and it's not like it's in my list of priorities, anyway.
All the additional maps are from the different Sevii islands.

I suggest to the walkthrough people to start trying to make a SG Pokedex, I know that'll be really helpful (and when you need my help, though I prefer that you do the search yourself, I'll help)

----

Well, since I'm finally getting more motivated, and I see there are less questions and less PMs, I can now start working without problems on the next release.
I'll leave all the bug fixing pending for the last part, as I really want to progress further. So... Pewter, here we go!

kebbles
January 13th, 2008, 05:05 AM
Just want to say this would have to be the best hack on this site!
Good to see someone made a good re-make of gold seeing nintendo didn't lol.

Sarcastic Prince
January 13th, 2008, 05:22 AM
Since your strong point is scriping, why won't you script the Johto Gym Leaders OW sprites(If you do that, your hack will be perfect for me.)?

January 13th, 2008, 05:30 AM
I suggest to the walkthrough people to start trying to make a SG Pokedex, I know that'll be really helpful
Im Not one of the *walktrhough peaple, But i made a pokedex one time... I do a lot of them, Mainly for my self to remeber there... I can put a nice layout for it, And then post it?

Since your strong point is scriping, why won't you script the Johto Gym Leaders OW sprites(If you do that, your hack will be perfect for me.)?

How do you script a sprite? XD

Maxim
January 13th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Hey, zel.

I just got an idea. You may or may not like it.

After you complete the Shiny Gold, what about making an alternate version of it? The more exact version of Shiny Gold, without additional places, events, characters, team changes and remapped dungeons. If Shiny Gold had two versions: Normal (with your changes) and Classic (without your changes), you would satisfy both tradition lovers and innovation lovers.

Would it be too much of work? I dunno... It's just some deletions and minor script changes. The biggest problem would be remapping dungeons back to their GS State.

Anyway, keep up your current work. You should focus on what you're doing now. You don't have to like my idea at all.

+Sneasel™
January 13th, 2008, 07:56 AM
I don't think zel is even going to consider that.
besides, an exact remake is boring, and zel made it fun.

Maxim
January 13th, 2008, 08:07 AM
I don't think zel is even going to consider that.
besides, an exact remake is boring, and zel made it fun.

It's your point of view.

I don't want Zel to abolish current Shiny Gold version.

I say AFTER COMPLETING.

If he does that, everyone will have a CHOICE between Classic and Innovated versions of Gold Remake.

Can you read?

January 13th, 2008, 08:11 AM
It's your point of view.

I don't want Zel to abolish current Shiny Gold version.

I say AFTER COMPLETING.

If he does that, everyone will have a CHOICE between Classic and Innovated versions of Gold Remake.

Can you read?
I can of don't like the idea, But there is some peaple there like *Allremake* So for them maybe?

And when zel i done white this he's gonna say *puuuh* But then he's gonna mis us and shiny gold! And then i coult do it?

Cold Rock
January 13th, 2008, 08:48 AM
I'm playing Shiny Gold X Beta 4.... have pkm shiny in this beta?
i mean... poke wild...

Virtual Chatot
January 13th, 2008, 08:49 AM
I'm playing Shiny Gold X Beta 4.... have pkm shiny in this beta?
i mean... poke wild...

All Games have Shiny Pokemon in them, they are just hard to find

Nova92
January 13th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Very good job. I think I still have the first beta on my sister's laptop. Once Im not busy I think I download the newer beta.

chaoscreater
January 13th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Hey, zel.

After you complete the Shiny Gold, what about making an alternate version of it? The more exact version of Shiny Gold, without additional places, events, characters, team changes and remapped dungeons. If Shiny Gold had two versions: Normal (with your changes) and Classic (without your changes), you would satisfy both tradition lovers and innovation lovers.

Would it be too much of work? I dunno... It's just some deletions and minor script changes. The biggest problem would be remapping dungeons back to their GS State.

Anyway, keep up your current work. You should focus on what you're doing now. You don't have to like my idea at all.

what's the point or making an exact remake? It's just changing the tiles and stuff, so pretty much all the big changes u see is colour......i'm not an expert in these parts but u know wat i mean, wat else do u expect to see? Shiny Gold is already a whole remake (to me) except with a few added things, there are times when i got a little bit bored since i used to play it so much as a kid but then after seeing some new changes i picked up and played it more, otherwise i wouldn't have at all. Oh i forgot to say great job Zel, i've been asking questions all the time instead of saying thanks........

Lady Berlitz
January 13th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Well, obviously people would love to have a choice between more than 1 hack, even if the scripts, and everything else is the same but some tiles and palettes are different, I would love it too. But it wouldn't be fun if you've already played the original game and have to play it again... I think it's just find leaving it the way it is right now, before OR after he finishes Shiny Gold.

Heart's Soul
January 13th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Well, obviously people would love to have a choice between more than 1 hack, even if the scripts, and everything else is the same but some tiles and palettes are different, I would love it too. But it wouldn't be fun if you've already played the original game and have to play it again... I think it's just find leaving it the way it is right now, before OR after he finishes Shiny Gold.

I'd have fun playing this hack, because I never got my 2nd badge in 4X. Never played plain B4.

zel 2.0
January 13th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Im Not one of the *walktrhough peaple, But i made a pokedex one time... I do a lot of them, Mainly for my self to remeber there... I can put a nice layout for it, And then post it?

You are free to do it ;)

Hey, zel.

Before we get more people posting their opinion, I'll better answer this before any controversy gets generated.

Well, my thinking is pretty simple: "if you want an exact remake, then the only solution is to play the original game", because I find it a bit frustrating not to follow my own deviations of the game (it would not be worth to make everything as in the original), so I'm gonna keep making the game in the way I want.

About making a more close version after finishing the hack, I dont really want to face that. I really want to start something new after finishing SG, but, I think the wisest decision would be to, after a few months after the final release, to allow anyone to do whatever they want with the game. That way, if someone wants a more exact remake, they can just take the rom as a base and try to achieve an exact remake (which is something I doubt it can be done, anyway)

So, that's what I think about it. Hope everything's more clear now for you guys.

+Sneasel™
January 13th, 2008, 01:30 PM
thanks for clearing that up zel! (though i knew you would never want to do make an exact remake).

Virtual Chatot
January 13th, 2008, 02:32 PM
thanks for clearing that up zel! (though i knew you would never want to do make an exact remake).

Yeah, and exact remake would be boring.

Kapuxa_Blaziken
January 13th, 2008, 05:05 PM
The 5th beta was GREAT, loved it...still i was a little disapointed cause there were still no G/S music for wild battles and trainer battles, i supose ill be waiting for the next beta :P
I have 3 question that maybe someone has already asked but here goes...
How can i find the legendary Trio?(ive tryed a lot but they never shoe up :S)
Where does the Jirachi event occur?(cant find it :S)
Is the next beta going to be the last one?
Thanks!

Maxim
January 14th, 2008, 12:10 AM
About making a more close version after finishing the hack, I dont really want to face that. I really want to start something new after finishing SG, but, I think the wisest decision would be to, after a few months after the final release, to allow anyone to do whatever they want with the game. That way, if someone wants a more exact remake, they can just take the rom as a base and try to achieve an exact remake (which is something I doubt it can be done, anyway)

This is just what I expected. When you'll be done with SG, you'd certainly want a looong vacation.

Anuyways, I don't care. Even the best hack in the world can't satisfy me in 100%. It's just sad that Japanese people doesn't make such... movement about GS Remake, like we do. (because Japan doesn't have organised Pokemon fandom like ours). Due to that, there'll never be any chance to get any real Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal remake (unless something enlights Masuda).

And one more thing, zel:

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8323/efektcpaniazelbetupn7.png

Isn't it one of your "variations"? I think it's a lot over the top.

jeeminwoo
January 14th, 2008, 01:09 AM
Noone answered my second question yet... oh well, I'll say it again.

Is it just me or is rock smash not working? I can't get the third badge, too.

/Circa
January 14th, 2008, 01:32 AM
Argh! Whats the legendary dragon pokemon? xd

Also, noticed a Pikachu. It says:

Pika...
Chu?
Pika... Pikachu? [Yes/No]
[yes]Pikachu... :S
[no]Pikachu... :(

It's a bit random xD.

zel 2.0
January 14th, 2008, 05:09 AM
Maxim: Yeah, it is (though I wonder why it looks that bad in the screenshot O.o), but, I really dont want to say much about it, so, if you have some questions about that, just PM me.

jeeminwoo: You need the Badge from Jasmine (Olivine City) to make Rock Smash work.

jeeminwoo
January 14th, 2008, 06:09 AM
Maxim: Yeah, it is (though I wonder why it looks that bad in the screenshot O.o), but, I really dont want to say much about it, so, if you have some questions about that, just PM me.

jeeminwoo: You need the Badge from Jasmine (Olivine City) to make Rock Smash work.

I know that... But then, I can't get it!

+Sneasel™
January 14th, 2008, 08:13 AM
to get rocksmash, talk to the fat guy where sudowoodo used to be

shinygoldash
January 14th, 2008, 08:44 AM
This is just what I expected. When you'll be done with SG, you'd certainly want a looong vacation.

Anuyways, I don't care. Even the best hack in the world can't satisfy me in 100%. It's just sad that Japanese people doesn't make such... movement about GS Remake, like we do. (because Japan doesn't have organised Pokemon fandom like ours). Due to that, there'll never be any chance to get any real Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal remake (unless something enlights Masuda).

And one more thing, zel:

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8323/efektcpaniazelbetupn7.png

Isn't it one of your "variations"? I think it's a lot over the top.

What the hell is that screenie supposed to be?
A glitched Kanto?
No seriously, what is it.

Virtual Chatot
January 14th, 2008, 11:34 AM
A glitched Kanto?

I dunno, maybe its a special region?

-_-

LastHand
January 14th, 2008, 12:18 PM
I dunno, maybe its a special region?

-_-Area leaked early? Didnt zel say he was adding his own stuff?

Virtual Chatot
January 14th, 2008, 12:29 PM
I dunno, maybe its another place that Zel was adding for a future release.

I haven't played Beta 5 in a few days

Elainia
January 14th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Hey, I was just playing the B5, and I noticed something different. Didn't Prof. Elm call you about the GS Ball as soon as you reached Cerulean City (provided you defeated Sabrina and Lt.Surge) in B4? Or is the prerequisite amount of badges different in this beta?

andrewb
January 14th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Where is the first place I can come across a water stone?

+Sneasel™
January 14th, 2008, 04:25 PM
If you show bills grandfather certain pokemon, he gives you certain stones.
I don't think you can get one before that.

Pat Dude
January 14th, 2008, 04:31 PM
A glitched Kanto?

That might be Zel's "Extra Region". He did talk about extra stuff... And I have been screwing around with Amap and SG... Talk about wierd names for that place (No, seriously, open SG in Amap, and look at some of those names. Like, Mt. Steel (From PMD.).).

Espreon
January 14th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Uh, why did the Team Aqua/Magma music replace the E4/Gymleader music while facing the E4? Is it because most of the E4 were ex-TR members or something?!?

+Sneasel™
January 14th, 2008, 05:02 PM
no, i think he just wanted to change the music.

Maxim
January 15th, 2008, 05:03 AM
Who else thinks that adding a full additional region is over the top?

January 15th, 2008, 05:08 AM
Whoult you call me dum if i did ask what over the top means?

If it means it's a good idea, I woult say yes...

If it's means it's bad then im gotta say i don't think it's over the top...

zel 2.0
January 15th, 2008, 05:14 AM
Hey, I was just playing the B5, and I noticed something different. Didn't Prof. Elm call you about the GS Ball as soon as you reached Cerulean City (provided you defeated Sabrina and Lt.Surge) in B4? Or is the prerequisite amount of badges different in this beta?

No, the prerequisites are the same (Vermilion and Saffron), but, with the implementation of the phone booths, I thought it'd be nice to make the event progress by calling Elm on the phone.

Uh, why did the Team Aqua/Magma music replace the E4/Gymleader music while facing the E4? Is it because most of the E4 were ex-TR members or something?!?

The changes are pending, as I dont have the original E4 revamped version, so I just used whatever I had (and I couldn't use the Champion music for the rest of the E4 members, as I wanted to show that they could have different musics)

Here is the link to the help thread.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=3249714#post3249714

As long as that thread helps, and doesn't become a burden here (with people constantly annoying other people by screaming on them "just post in the scrapbox"), then go ahead, and keep that thread.

OK, I'll just remind people this time, if you have gameplay questions, it'll be prefered to post your questions there ;)

Who else thinks that adding a full additional region is over the top?

I guess it's only you :P
As far as I know, people always like when the adventure lasts longer (and, anyway, that's for after Red's battle, anyway, so it doesn't affect Gold's storyline, it just adds AFTER it...)

Maxim
January 15th, 2008, 05:33 AM
I guess it's only you :P
As far as I know, people always like when the adventure lasts longer (and, anyway, that's for after Red's battle, anyway, so it doesn't affect Gold's storyline, it just adds AFTER it...)

I'm not sure about that. You already made the game very long because of increased levels (which means you have to train Pokemon a lot more than in original).

Adding a region is a different thing because it's a pure fanwank in a hack which is supposed to be at least A BIT "official looking". I really can't fit a new region into good ole' Kanto & Johto. I don't see that. They don't come together. What will be next? Fakemons? 4Gens?

And, considering that Kanto Pokemon levels are over 70, I wonder what will be the Pokemon levels in that new region. A land full of Lv. 100 Pokemon? Scary...

I still support you and respect your view of remake, but I can't let you go overboard.

Epsilon
January 15th, 2008, 06:49 AM
To Maxim:

I personaly love the idea of the new region, and dude you don't have to play the new region :P

But imagine that you can actually get to places where you always wanted to go in a pokemon game, like the orange islands or something...

To Zel:

But ofcourse Maxim does have a bit of a point there, i mean lvl 100 wild pokemon would be a bit weird :P
But you can ofcourse make it a mini region like the Sevii islands, or start your journey over again :P

I mean you did make the phone system, so you now how to store information in the rom,
so you can maybe make the game remember which pokemon you had so when you go back to kanto or
johto you can get them back.

Batonelli
January 15th, 2008, 08:28 AM
I could be wrong, but from what I've heard, I'm so far the only one who had an Elekid in the Egg from the old man, instead of a Pichu. Is the Elekid just a bit more rare or are the odds the same?

~Avversione~
January 15th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Just to let ya know Zel... it seems a little weird to see the Legendary Dogs in the wild before even getting the third badge. Yeah, I used codes and caught Raikou while everyone else is in their teens XD.

+Sneasel™
January 15th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Just to let ya know Zel... it seems a little weird to see the Legendary Dogs in the wild before even getting the third badge. Yeah, I used codes and caught Raikou while everyone else is in their teens XD.

I don't mind! (I don't think anyone else does either)
And, why cheat? It totally ruins the game.

Giovanni Boss
January 15th, 2008, 01:57 PM
I could be wrong, but from what I've heard, I'm so far the only one who had an Elekid in the Egg from the old man, instead of a Pichu. Is the Elekid just a bit more rare or are the odds the same?

I also had an Elekid. ^^
That makes us two. xD
Yes, I'm just making the message bigger so I can post it, the important part is just the first line. ^^

94dan
January 15th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Come to think of it... If you wanted to keep with the naming style of LG/FR, you'd call the game something like GoldGold, or GoldShiny, 'cause it's <Noun><Adjective>, not <Adjective><Noun>.

Heehee... GoldGold.

Oh, and I completely support new content. Why dere be all da hatin'?

Virtual Chatot
January 15th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Come to think of it... If you wanted to keep with the naming style of LG/FR, you'd call the game something like GoldGold, or GoldShiny, 'cause it's <Noun><Adjective>, not <Adjective><Noun>.

Heehee... GoldGold.

Oh, and I completely support new content. Why dere be all da hatin'?

Who actually cares if its Shiny Gold or Gold Shiny?

You're getting to technical

Gerri Shin
January 15th, 2008, 02:21 PM
To be quite honest I rather think Shiny Gold sounds better.

now to get back to on topic stuff
Zel I love the Trick house, its wayyyyyy better than the one on RSE. yours makes me think. Good luck, take your time and produce what you're happy with and nothing less. ;)

94dan
January 15th, 2008, 02:35 PM
I know; I wasn't trying to get him to change it to those, I was just saying.

~Avversione~
January 15th, 2008, 03:06 PM
I don't mind! (I don't think anyone else does either)
And, why cheat? It totally ruins the game.

Because I had already beat the game, this is my second time playing. And I don't feel like hunting for Raikou >_>

Elainia
January 15th, 2008, 04:03 PM
No, the prerequisites are the same (Vermilion and Saffron), but, with the implementation of the phone booths, I thought it'd be nice to make the event progress by calling Elm on the phone.

Oh, thanks. I figured that'd be how it is anyway...

cloudstrife
January 15th, 2008, 05:31 PM
When i fought a rocket grunt at slowpoke well, i saw a ?. Afterwards, an ekans lvl. 17 appeared when I battled another rocket grunt.
Does anyone know why this happened?
the game worked perfectly fine before

+Sneasel™
January 15th, 2008, 05:43 PM
When i fought a rocket grunt at slowpoke well, i saw a ?. Afterwards, an ekans lvl. 17 appeared when I battled another rocket grunt.

Theres a thread for this now, and people will answer all your questions. It is located right here:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=123140

Ryousha
January 15th, 2008, 06:07 PM
LOL! they stole my pokemon! THOSE EVIL Characters. How could u zel? :(

Cold Rock
January 15th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Hey! How exactly can I go to Kanto after beat elite four? (my emulator is set to "save type" "automatic" and "flash 128k"), but when I beat Carlos in elite four, after credits, the game goes back to the beginning. Is there any other modifications that must be made so that I can go to Kanto? (I will now start to play V5 X beta and I dont want to stop in the half of the game.... thats why I'm asking...)
Another question.. I have about 30 hours in the V4 X beta version and I just downloaded the V5 X... Will my load game work on this new beta version?

Thanks for the help!!

Ryousha
January 15th, 2008, 07:09 PM
if it said error. re-download the rom and repatch and this time its 128k and will work =).

Giovanni Boss
January 15th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Just reporting: The stairs in Fuschia's Pokémon Center are not working. At least here. xD

/Circa
January 16th, 2008, 03:25 AM
I was thinking the voice of purity was a Chimeco? Or maybe it is a Milotic? Read there descriptions xD.

blackmage856
January 16th, 2008, 04:06 AM
i finally discovered !! that carlos' battle music after defeating lance is
from final fantasy 9 - the final boss necron

zel 2.0
January 16th, 2008, 05:42 AM
I'm not sure about that. You already made the game very long because of increased levels (which means you have to train Pokemon a lot more than in original).

Adding a region is a different thing because it's a pure fanwank in a hack which is supposed to be at least A BIT "official looking". I really can't fit a new region into good ole' Kanto & Johto. I don't see that. They don't come together. What will be next? Fakemons? 4Gens?

And, considering that Kanto Pokemon levels are over 70, I wonder what will be the Pokemon levels in that new region. A land full of Lv. 100 Pokemon? Scary...

I still support you and respect your view of remake, but I can't let you go overboard.

Well, unfortunately, this was thought way before the production of the game had started, so it's impossible to make me change my mind.

In the end, that region is not only for trying to show that I can also be a bit original (while still respecting the remake, as I said, that's for after Red, so it wont affect anything), but it'll also work as an introduction for maybe a second hack taking place around there.

Dont worry, I consider fighting wild pokemon at lv100 as a cheat, and you all know what I think about cheat hacks. It'll be more like a place to add a higher challenge to the player, which is what I always look for on any game I play.

I guess we can drop the topic now. If you want to keep trying, let's keep it with PMs (but, as I said, it'll be impossible to make me change my mind ;))

By the way, Kanto's wild pokemon are on level 70? When did that happen? As far as I know, in the original they rarely go up to lv40 (and in the game here it'll be just a bit up, but nothing more than 50) That was one of the things that pissed me from the original, instead of increasing their levels, they kept lowering them till you had to battle a wild Pikachu on level 5 with your level 60/70 pokemon D:

In fact... There's a random there, so you can get any of four babies, so if you want to manipulate it a bit, save before getting the egg, and then walk till it hatches, if it's not the one you like, load and try again.

Oh, and dont ask me which pokemon are available, 'cause I dont remember at the moment.

Which route have you spotted it/them?
We have tested it deeply and we haven't found them till the event was executed. Anyone else could confirm to spot them before the Burned Tower event?

It could also be the cheat making bad stuff? I don't know...

The "i saw a ?" sounds like a trainer having a MissingNo., which usually means a patching problem. Maybe you should try to patch again on a clean FR(U) rom (maybe get another from a different site, just in case)

Just reporting: The stairs in Fuschia's Pokémon Center are not working. At least here. xD

Oh, I see... Thanks for reporting it!

Since when as the Trainer tower on a small island been there.

Because on Fire Red it was on the Sevii Islands (and now Sevii was replaced for Johto), so I had to move it somewhere within the maps, so I picked that little island (reachable only after Red)

I was thinking the voice of purity was a Chimeco? Or maybe it is a Milotic? Read there descriptions xD.

Dont get confused, the event doesnt have anything to do with its Pokedex description.

Short Range
January 16th, 2008, 06:02 AM
I really wish people wouldn't post game errors when they have been using cheats. T_T

demonmike
January 16th, 2008, 08:12 AM
I really wish people wouldn't post game errors when they have been using cheats. T_T

I agree, anything is possible with cheats, so it isnt a game error, its an error caused by cheating. On the topic of cheating, is there any real point to it? Im pretty sure I wouldnt of liked Pokemon if everything was possible, whats the fun in cheating unless you've already played it fair and square and just intend on finding hidden content?

But I need a little help guys, im currently on my 7th badge ready to fight the last gym, any one know of a good place to train? Considering im playing X, I NEED to train heh.

Zeikku™
January 16th, 2008, 10:26 AM
nice hack zel, great music, what other music tracks will we be hearing in future?

Giovanni Boss
January 16th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Dont get confused, the event doesnt have anything to do with its Pokedex description.

Well, thanks, Zel. I've already tried Altaria, without sucess.
And thank's for the Trick House challenges. It took me twenty minutes to find the code in the whirlpool challenge.
Finally there's something tricky in Trick House. I just love it.
I have one question about the legendary beasts-which-are-supposed-to-be-dogs: Do they 'play' with us like in the original version, or they just randomly appear or not?

darkvoider
January 16th, 2008, 11:23 AM
From what ive seen on Youtube from Zels testing's That they do not play with us but it plays out to be a event. Like you step into a route but u see the Phyical from the your dog. So you just gotta walk up to your dog and press what ever your A is assigned to. Jirachi Still got me im starting to give up.

Oh well when Shiny Gold is finished im going to write up Super Walkthough consisting of everything but how to get Jirachi if i ever find out.

Also why are my posts in this thread dissappearing was it because i guessed Jirachis location but can't be stuffed looking

~Avversione~
January 16th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Which route have you spotted it/them?
We have tested it deeply and we haven't found them till the event was executed. Anyone else could confirm to spot them before the Burned Tower event?

It could also be the cheat making bad stuff? I don't know...

It was an Easy Catch cheat which I used after I saw Raikou. Funny thing is that I haven't seen one other dog yet XD. Anyway, this is what happened and stuff I had.

2 badges, (1st and 2nd). No cheats used ever, I was just exiting Ilex Forest to go to Goldenrod, when I watched the Youtube video about the Legendary Dogs. I went to Route 34 (via the from Ilex) and I saw Raikou's sprite. So I saved and caught it. Hope this helped. (Sorry if it didn't)

And that is the only cheat I used. Which as I said I turned on after seeing Raikou, so people to the people whining about cheaters - don't jump to conclusions, some of us know how and when to use cheats.

Batonelli
January 16th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Zel..., question here about Ho-oh.

I've mentioned this already in the Help thread;
A few people manage to obtain the Sacred Ash from Ho-oh after capturing it, while other people are getting nothing. How come?

Oh, and another, strange thing:

Immediately after I caught Ho-oh, I found a Master Ball. It just came out of nowhere... Went told me this isn't a normal event, so I tried to achieve the same thing again ('cause I saved the game at another slot right before Ho-oh, thanks to the VisualBoy). I came to the conclusion that it even works when you Run away from battle.

Here you can see the screen where Ho-oh will disappear afterwards.
Notice this is right before it flashes black (or actually while it flashes black) and where you'll be standing on the rooftop.
You won't be able to see the full text though, like: "Obtained a Master Ball".

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/5769/hoohglitchlx1.jpg

Strange huh?
Is it some kind of glitch? 0_o

Giovanni Boss
January 16th, 2008, 01:16 PM

A few people manage to obtain the Sacred Ash from Ho-oh after capturing it, while other people are getting nothing. How come?

Immediately after I caught Ho-oh, I found a Master Ball. It just came out of nowhere... Went told me this isn't a normal event, so I tried to achieve the same thing again ('cause I saved the game at another slot right before Ho-oh, thanks to the VisualBoy). I came to the conclusion that it even works when you Run away from battle.

Notice this is right before it flashes black (or actually while it flashes black) and where you'll be standing on the rooftop.

Strange huh?

So that's how I got that Master Ball!
I haven't got Sacred Ash neither.

cloudstrife
January 16th, 2008, 02:28 PM
thanx itman 1234 and zel for your help!:)
yeah, since pokemon shiny gold is such a great game, i really didn't want to start over (especialy since i just played beta 4), but hey
anyway, i really liked the phone booths (more realistic) and the new grapihics (nice grass!)

Willer
January 16th, 2008, 04:06 PM
I love this hack! It's really great. Just like the original but better. But I have a question. I can't save it for some odd reason, it says something a bout a 1m circuit. Anyways it's not an issue now since im using the save states but it'll be an issue when I reach the E4

+Sneasel™
January 16th, 2008, 04:31 PM
I love this hack! It's really great. Just like the original but better. But I have a question. I can't save it for some odd reason, it says something a bout a 1m circuit. Anyways it's not an issue now since im using the save states but it'll be an issue when I reach the E4

Go to emulater, save type, and select 128k

/Circa
January 16th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Go to emulater, save type, and select 128k

unfortunately he has to restart now though.
You have to delete any save files that you have already done, and then go to emulator >> Save type >> Click Automatic >> Click Flash 128k.
Then start a new game and it should work, but check the first page next time, it mentions all saves and problems that might occur..

I have a question, in IceFall cave, when you go up the waterfall there is nothing there, but in A-Map there is a person there with an event, when does this event happen?
I don't want to know what happens, but when in the game xD.

zel 2.0
January 16th, 2008, 05:31 PM
But I need a little help guys, im currently on my 7th badge ready to fight the last gym, any one know of a good place to train? Considering im playing X, I NEED to train heh.

In my opinion, the best training you can get from the rematchs with the registered trainers, since they level up their pokemon, they should be somewhere close to yours, which will give a good boost to their experience.
Other than that, I'm not quite sure. I'm not so used to train, really :P

nice hack zel, great music, what other music tracks will we be hearing in future?

That'll depend on the people helping me with music (Magnius, currently, I haven't seen birthofdna since a while)

I have one question about the legendary beasts-which-are-supposed-to-be-dogs: Do they 'play' with us like in the original version, or they just randomly appear or not?

I'm gonna let a bit more of info about the idea of the whole event. Maybe you'll understand it a bit more.

Each time you reach a new map (city, town or route), a series of randoms take place, this randoms decide (if you haven't defeated/captured the beast) if the beast's sprite will be placed or not, and if it'll run or not, and in case it runs, if it'll give you an item or not. Since it involves a series of randoms, it's pretty hard to actually reach the desirable "battle" against the beast.

In the end, it's just that. Lucky based stuff. Once the series of random have decided, the level script ends and wont get executed again (you can execute any other maps' level scripts, which will enable the one currently disabled in a wicked enabling/disabling game which is something Nintendo must have done or something...)

So, for short: They dont play with us, it's a randomly generated event.

It was an Easy Catch cheat which I used after I saw Raikou. Funny thing is that I haven't seen one other dog yet XD. Anyway, this is what happened and stuff I had.

2 badges, (1st and 2nd). No cheats used ever, I was just exiting Ilex Forest to go to Goldenrod, when I watched the Youtube video about the Legendary Dogs. I went to Route 34 (via the from Ilex) and I saw Raikou's sprite. So I saved and caught it. Hope this helped. (Sorry if it didn't)

And that is the only cheat I used. Which as I said I turned on after seeing Raikou, so people to the people whining about cheaters - don't jump to conclusions, some of us know how and when to use cheats.

So, maybe there's something wrong at R34. Hmmm... I'll try to check the scripts and sprites there, but I never found a problem there (I had one at another route, but that was fixed)
We'll investigate.

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/5769/hoohglitchlx1.jpg

Strange huh?

Well, as most events that execute a warp event (you warp to make Ho-oh's sprite disappear), they apparently have the annoying tendency to mess up stuff (this was one of the causes of the "Shiny glitch" in B4), I used to think that it was related to the player pressing buttons too fast during the warping's fade out secuence (so, you can try avoiding pressing anything and see if the problem still happens)

There are a lot of warp secuences throughout the game, and I'm pretty sure some/most/all of them could generate problematic situations. There's not much I can do on that, but I'll try to research if there's a way to fix that (as warping is a necessity), because, perhaps I'm doing something wrong (it'd be a pain to fix everything, but, if it is to avoid future problems, I'd do it)

In any case, the Sacred Ash is supposed to be held by Ho-oh, it's not like you find this item. So, the only way to get it is by capturing Ho-oh. If you captured it, and it didn't included it, then we are talking about a glitch.

I have a question, in IceFall cave, when you go up the waterfall there is nothing there, but in A-Map there is a person there with an event, when does this event happen?
I don't want to know what happens, but when in the game xD.

Yes, there's an unseen event there, but it's just that I'm reserving a sprite for stuff that can/will happen later in the game. That's all I was allowed to say...

knobe
January 16th, 2008, 06:35 PM
How can I evolve my haunter?