PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Virtual Chatot
January 16th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Man these pesky glitches really do the oddest of things. I remember when I was testing a script of mine, I had a ? appear with my Pokemon that was holding 99x Lava Cookies. The script was only a follow me script, but I had it go through two different maps, and somehow it screwed up everything. ( Once you took the Lava Cookies, the game froze )

I've completely finished Shiny Gold now. I've gone through everything that I know is there, and nothing else is happening. I still have to catch Entei though.

Zel, I have to say Bravo for everything. Waiting for Beta 6 :D

How can I evolve my haunter?
You have to trade between two VBA's. Google it.

Heart's Soul
January 16th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Man these pesky glitches really do the oddest of things. I remember when I was testing a script of mine, I had a ? appear with my Pokemon that was holding 99x Lava Cookies. The script was only a follow me script, but I had it go through two different maps, and somehow it screwed up everything. ( Once you took the Lava Cookies, the game froze )

I've completely finished Shiny Gold now. I've gone through everything that I know is there, and nothing else is happening. I still have to catch Entei though.

Zel, I have to say Bravo for everything. Waiting for Beta 6 :D

Yes, it is true glitches do happen when making scripts, but everybody learns that. Hope in Beta 6 there'll be no glitches, but what's a game without glitches, huh?

Unrelated to that: My 150th post!

Virtual Chatot
January 16th, 2008, 06:45 PM
The fact is, its impossible for a game to have absolutely no glitches.

Giovanni Boss
January 16th, 2008, 06:57 PM
How can I evolve my haunter?

Train it to level 40. That's all.

knobe
January 16th, 2008, 07:04 PM
God bless you Zel, god bless you

Giovanni Boss
January 16th, 2008, 08:35 PM
I guess I'll never discover by myself the Jirachi event... I can't even find Wesley of Wednesday...
By the way, have you put all seven brothers in the game, Zel?

darkvoider
January 16th, 2008, 08:46 PM
If you wanted to Evolve Haunter then Yes at lvl 42.

Ive been playing shinygold ever since Beta 3 and its been a good remake so far. I can write this ultimate walkthough with pictures and all. But i need to make sure not many changes will happen in the already made areas i know Beta 6 from what ive herd you are fixing numerous glitches and i can help find them. My friend who loves hunting glitches can find them while i report them to you. The walkthough will be obtainable when i make it from My Freewebs or Give it to Zel to look at then post it here. And sorry peoples if i work out how to get Jirachi I can't put it in the walkthough. Also there will be a separate one for the X version

Also that ice cave with room empty by the waterfall i guess you would be putting Articuno or Regice in there.

That Ho-oh Glitch getting a masterball ive never had it. I always got a sacred ash.

We could use a Guide telling what Route we are on. Makes getting dogs easy. So far caught Entei.

The Trick House is better then RSE it made me think on that whirlpool.

Glad to help if this helps zel with these Glitches.

/Circa
January 16th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Okay, i've got one glitch, never teleport from Mahogany to Blackthord and then back, this is what happens:

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/3879/glitchsm3.png

Also, heres my hall of fame team:

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/2391/halloffamesn1.png

I also have one problem, I've beaten the league, got the SS Ticket but I cant get to Kanto it say's the boat will come shortly >.> What do i do?

Pokemon_X
January 16th, 2008, 10:24 PM
you run around a little, maybe train? it, comes after some time

darkvoider
January 16th, 2008, 10:55 PM
According to Zel the boat is a timed event ok. Just train or walk for a while ok!!! And that Glitch good sighting

EDIT: Ok that Glitch is fake you must of used Cheat Codes i did and nothing happened so you could of used a walkthough walls cheat

/Circa
January 17th, 2008, 12:05 AM
No, I didn't use any cheat codes, just an abra with teleport a couple of times and he endud up there, maybe it just happens to some people?

Naruto Namikaze
January 17th, 2008, 12:42 AM
is it true zels planning on adding a 3rd regen if so it would probly be the best saying that zels a master puzzle maker at least to me he is

Vuallum
January 17th, 2008, 02:00 AM
No, I didn't use any cheat codes, just an abra with teleport a couple of times and he endud up there, maybe it just happens to some people?

It's known that Teleport can cause some Odd warps, Zel noted this in the bugs section of the first post.

StrickeN
January 17th, 2008, 04:20 AM
This is a cool game I'm hunting down all the hoenn poke's. What I was wondering is where can I find a snorunt and a electrike? I want manetric bad :S

LiquidR
January 17th, 2008, 04:26 AM
You have to trade between two VBA's. Google it.

That's not true. Haunter evolves at some level (I think it's around level 40).

Zel got rid of the trade evolutions and the special events evolution (Golbat to Crobat at level 31)

Edit: Sorry, it was already answerd

zel 2.0
January 17th, 2008, 04:36 AM
By the way, have you put all seven brothers in the game, Zel?

Yes, yes, they are in. I have changed a bit how they work. So, the idea is you will only be able to find Monica at first (search around, it's easy to find her), once you talk to her, she'll enable you to see Tuscany and so on.
But I've really hid them (some more, some less), so you'll have to waste some time to find them all (Remember there are clues in that book at Route26)

Okay, i've got one glitch, never teleport from Mahogany to Blackthord and then back, this is what happens:

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/3879/glitchsm3.png

JOJO! >.<
Well, at least Teleport doesnt send you to Kanto's R4, as it happened time ago (yay for possitive thinking!), I really dont like that particular move, I wish or think to do something to destroy it :badsmile:, I'll think a bit more about that.

This is a cool game I'm hunting down all the hoenn poke's. What I was wondering is where can I find a snorunt and a electrike? I want manetric bad :S

It's pretty obvious where you can find a Snorunt, you should remember that I like to put Pokemon on locations that fit their nature (ask yourself "where would a Snorunt love to live?", there, you got your answer) About Electrike, it was around the routes between Ecruteak and Olivine (as always, if I remember correctly)

StrickeN
January 17th, 2008, 05:00 AM
Thanks it's been a while xD I played shiny gold b4 but this is my first venture on b5 :S and thanks I should have remembered snorunt (ice cavern xD) and electrike :o

I'm hunting down lots of rarities does any 1 know where torchic is? :)

Spikeron
January 17th, 2008, 06:41 AM
that great Zel
I hope you change field Gymleader and Elite 4 graphic in next beta or final release

and i find field Gymleader and Elite 4 graphic web
pokesho.com/anime_dot.html

i hope you see it

WaterSplash
January 17th, 2008, 08:03 AM
This is a great game. The DP-like buildings are great. Can't wait until the next Beta.

Batonelli
January 17th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Thanks it's been a while xD I played shiny gold b4 but this is my first venture on b5 :S and thanks I should have remembered snorunt (ice cavern xD) and electrike :o

I'm hunting down lots of rarities does any 1 know where torchic is? :)

Please find your answer in the SG Help thread! Ask for more unknown Pokémon locations =)
Click (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=123140)

Giovanni Boss
January 17th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Yes, yes, they are in. I have changed a bit how they work. So, the idea is you will only be able to find Monica at first (search around, it's easy to find her), once you talk to her, she'll enable you to see Tuscany and so on.
But I've really hid them (some more, some less), so you'll have to waste some time to find them all (Remember there are clues in that book at Route26)

I imagined you did that way. That's why I'm so crazy. I've read the clues but can't find Wesley... Well, the others I've got an idea.
Just for asking, Zel: Carlos said, on the league confront, that the pokémon he had were caught in Johto, so, it made me think: is Beldum catchable in Johto?
Ah, another thing: why had you kept Dragon Scale in the game? It's only purpose it's evolving Seadra, right? As it evolves by level now, does it really have an use?
Just for saying: Sealeo is catchable, but Spheal not, according to the pokédex. Not an error, but it's something curious.

Gerri Shin
January 17th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Ah, another thing: why had you kept Dragon Scale in the game? It's only purpose it's evolving Seadra, right? As it evolves by level now, does it really have an use?
well if I remember correctly the Dragon scale also helps pump up dragon or water moves or something like that
Zel I must say Congrats on the Jirachi event, it was a stroke of pure genius. it really makes people think. I tip my Hat to you.

msdmario
January 17th, 2008, 10:07 AM
well if I remember correctly the Dragon scale also helps pump up dragon or water moves or something like that.

No, you're confusing that item with Dragon Fang. That is the item that increases the power of Dragon moves. Dragon Scale has no use in this game since Seadra doesn't need it to evolve.

Heart's Soul
January 17th, 2008, 03:05 PM
No, you're confusing that item with Dragon Fang. That is the item that increases the power of Dragon moves. Dragon Scale has no use in this game since Seadra doesn't need it to evolve.

You can get about $100 for it, but that's just a few pennies. :cool:

Giovanni Boss
January 17th, 2008, 04:41 PM

Maybe it'll have use on the Rayquaza event, that's the only thing I can think.

+Sneasel™
January 17th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Maybe it wont have any use, its jsut there because its a remake.
But, a raquaza event with it would be cool!

zel 2.0
January 17th, 2008, 05:19 PM
that great Zel
I hope you change field Gymleader and Elite 4 graphic in next beta or final release

and i find field Gymleader and Elite 4 graphic web
pokesho.com/anime_dot.html

i hope you see it

I have checked the link, and I must say some of their work looks good, and some other sucks pretty much XD

In any case, they have owerworlds but they just have the front image (and knowing people I bet everyone will try to talk to them from the sides XP), but, they could be used as a base. Well, you know that I dont like touching overworlds, though I've read some guide where you can expand the ammount of overworlds (by Peyi, at WAH), I'd have to try it first by myself. It could be possible that the next I'd try to do something with them, but I wont promise anything.

Just for asking, Zel: Carlos said, on the league confront, that the pokémon he had were caught in Johto, so, it made me think: is Beldum catchable in Johto?
Just for saying: Sealeo is catchable, but Spheal not, according to the pokédex. Not an error, but it's something curious.

To the Carlos thing, he tends to talk too much, but dont forget he was a Pokemon Trainer some time before you and he comes from a different region, so we dont exactly know much about his past. Or... It could be he's more lucky? (or a cheater? >:O)

About that Dragon Scale discussion you had, this reply goes more for what I could say...
Maybe it wont have any use, its jsut there because its a remake.
So, yes, it's more like some useless junk which is there, just because it was there in the original, and, with the touched evos, it's like it's pointless to have it... Let me think about if I want to replace it with something else.
Oh, and the thing about Rayq's event. Nope, the scale doesn't have anything to do with that. The clues the masters tell you are enough. But, dont discuss about that since the event is not implemented yet, anyway.

And remember the Pokedex is not really useful (that's why a human-made Pokedex would be needed), there are some locations that dont show up in the Pokedex, so Pokemon located there wont show up :(

Zel I must say Congrats on the Jirachi event, it was a stroke of pure genius. it really makes people think. I tip my Hat to you.

Cool. I'm glad there's people who like to investigate their games :D

With a bit of luck, tomorrow I'll be able to proceed. I had a pretty weird day today, so I couldn't make a thing today. Keep in touch!

Short Range
January 17th, 2008, 05:24 PM
OH EM GEE! Maybe the new region will be Carlos' home region? >:D

+Sneasel™
January 17th, 2008, 05:26 PM

I don't think he can do that.
He already used up both, jhoto over the sevii islands and kanto as is.
I don't think he can add another region.
Maybe a town where he lived though.

Oh and to Zel, Good luck with the rest of the hack!

Giovanni Boss
January 17th, 2008, 05:34 PM

If he can or not do it, I don't know, but he will, as I read before.
And thanks for the answers, Zel.
About the Jirachi event: is there any hint for it in-game? Or we just have to think on our own and hope our minds and eyes will find the answer?

Ryousha
January 17th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Masterballs...

it never drop when i fought Ho-oh :O.

also in B3 a long time ago. if u teleport next to icepath u teleport to route 4. o_O. it was funny how I can fight everyone over again even though some sprites of the palletes changed :P.

darkvoider
January 17th, 2008, 08:55 PM
If i was givin a small hint i would of found it due to i know my way around all the pokemon versions i study my areas.

Giovanni Boss
January 17th, 2008, 09:33 PM
I found something weird: there's a piece of rock in that part near mt moon taht acts like a sign saying that's the entrance of Mt. Moon.
That's all.

LastHand
January 17th, 2008, 09:45 PM

Zel has confirmed a new region of his own. If you look around there is a glich that is thought to be a leak of the area.

/Circa
January 18th, 2008, 02:26 AM
.. Theres nothing wrong with Vista, it's probably your settings.
Infact, I use Vista.

Anyways, I beleive i've found a solution to the teleporting glitch which makes you stuck on a mountain at Mahogany. Here it is:

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/3125/teleport1we6.png

kebbles
January 18th, 2008, 02:53 AM
Anyways, I beleive i've found a solution to the teleporting glitch which makes you stuck on a mountain at Mahogany. Here it is:

Oh good find!

There wouldn't be many glitches left in the game, I don't think.
Well compared to other games anyway.

willow
January 18th, 2008, 05:34 AM
Hi, i'm new here, but i play Shiny Gold since the second beta, and i really greateful to zel for having done a remake of the best game pokemon.
I have a question, it's possible to find a feebas in the game? If yes, evolve by level up or with a stone? Or does not evolve yet?!!

Thanks!

jeeminwoo
January 18th, 2008, 06:04 AM
The Whirlpool Part of the trick house desn't have a code...

TheKingofKings
January 18th, 2008, 06:43 AM
I've been playing this, and I caught my Original Pokemon from the Real Gold. I currently have Typhlosion, Crobat, Golduck, Cloyster, Sandslash and Pidgeot.

Thanks Zel, for the Wonderful Hack, and your Tips.

DarthSenorQueso
January 18th, 2008, 07:14 AM
heh just go back i beat the elite 4 with only a level 55 Typhlosion and i never traindXD

Went
January 18th, 2008, 07:59 AM
The Name Rater's house is really troublesome...

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii98/Went22/bici.jpg

Quickster
January 18th, 2008, 08:21 AM
where do you get experience share at?

DarthSenorQueso
January 18th, 2008, 08:33 AM
found a good walkthru http://pic2.piczo.com/shinygoldfaq/?g=25904706&cr=2

Giovanni Boss
January 18th, 2008, 10:40 AM
where do you get experience share at?

Trade with Mr. Pokémon for the Red Gyarados Scale.

Teh Baro
January 18th, 2008, 11:19 AM

But sevii islands have three maps, so it's actually possible.
In fact, in marble I'm putting 4 regions.

jeeminwoo
January 18th, 2008, 05:47 PM
You can't fly to Cherrygrove city.

and...

Where do you buy tinymushrooms and bigmushrooms and stuff?(for the move Relearner thingy)

dude120
January 18th, 2008, 06:13 PM
You can't fly to Cherrygrove city.

and...

Where do you buy tinymushrooms and bigmushrooms and stuff?(for the move Relearner thingy)
Maybe catch a paras or parasect. I think that you can get tinymushroooms that way.

Giovanni Boss
January 18th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Maybe catch a paras or parasect. I think that you can get tinymushroooms that way.

Before defeating Team Rocket at Mahogany, you can buy from them Tiny Mushrooms, otherwise, just catching the above mentioned Paras and Parasect.

/Circa
January 18th, 2008, 07:49 PM
I still have encountered Celebi..
aren't I supposed to get a call from Prof Elm?
I've got all the kanto badges.

Also, when will Carlos vs me, everyone keeps saying he's looking for me, or something bad is going to happen ... What am I supposed to do?

Events i've done:

• Radio
• Train Pass
• Kangaskahn Saving
• Diglett Saving
• Power Plant
• Silph Company
• Misty and Ash
• Beaten the gyms

Any help?

Midnight Beat
January 18th, 2008, 09:15 PM
I still have encountered Celebi..
aren't I supposed to get a call from Prof Elm?
I've got all the kanto badges.

Also, when will Carlos vs me, everyone keeps saying he's looking for me, or something bad is going to happen ... What am I supposed to do?

Events i've done:

• Radio
• Train Pass
• Kangaskahn Saving
• Diglett Saving
• Power Plant
• Silph Company
• Misty and Ash
• Beaten the gyms

Any help?
This actually stumped me as well. You have to call Prof. Elm and he'll ask to see the GS ball, then just do what he says.

LastHand
January 18th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Zel said you have to call Elm about the GS ball on the payphone.

jeeminwoo
January 18th, 2008, 09:22 PM
OK, I know how to get a tinymushroom now. How about the other mushroom?

Giovanni Boss
January 18th, 2008, 09:57 PM
OK, I know how to get a tinymushroom now. How about the other mushroom?

I'm pretty sure it can come also with paras/parasect. But you don't need both. To relearn moves is necessary OR a Big Mushroom OR two Tiny Mushrooms.

natedoggy
January 18th, 2008, 10:49 PM
I've got kind of a problem while playing the game and I was wondering if anyone could help me. Everything works fine up untill the start menu. It says press start so I hit enter and the start screen with Ho-oh goes away and then some text appears and it says to that A is next so I hit A and it goes to the next screen but when I hit A again but nothing changes and it wont move on.

Whats wrong?

thanks

jeeminwoo
January 18th, 2008, 11:53 PM
Something like that happened to me too.

Just keep on pressing A till you cn play the game. It works.

Oh, and found another glitch.

If you surf to the right from your house, You meet the fat guy (And he says that you are in Kanto). If you fly back to your home from there, it looks crazy. Grass are all over th place and stuff.

/Circa
January 19th, 2008, 12:54 AM

If you surf to the right from your house, You meet the fat guy (And he says that you are in Kanto). If you fly back to your home from there, it looks crazy. Grass are all over th place and stuff.

You flew to Pallet Town.. He hasn't changed it so it is Identical to New Bark, Palett town isn't in this beta so your not supposed to access it. It's an oddity, no really a glitch.

Archer
January 19th, 2008, 01:34 AM
Its been a long time since I was active in this thread. I have chosen not to play Shiny Gold until the Final Beta/Release, due to having to restart each time, but I hope your efforts are rewarding.

Just an Idea, so others can see what Other Members are Doing in there Game etc.

The only helpful thing there would be to post a Generic Save file that was up to where the last beta ended, to avoid replaying half the game. Otherwise this would just use up room and reward the lazy people who just join for the game and leave.

red fan 1000
January 19th, 2008, 06:10 AM
shiny gold rules:).But I need help with finding growlithe

gbhero
January 19th, 2008, 06:13 AM
shiny gold rules:).But I need help with finding growlithe

its all over the northern grasses of goldenrod, between saffron and lavender/celadon and alot more...

Lucario rocks
January 19th, 2008, 06:56 AM
zel tell me when beta 6 come out ?? muz hav mt silver and muz hav that thingy that help me find my pokemon back

thungy, you can't just ask for the release , you have to WAIT for Beta 6 like everyone on this thread

demonmike
January 19th, 2008, 07:51 AM

Do you mean teleport rather than fly? I just tried verifying this glitch and you cannot fly home from that spot.

Actually just done it, i tried revisiting the area, did not work, it started to work once I collected the rare candy thats just after the surf area to the south of tohjo falls and south east of the guy welcome you to Kanto. I dont think its a curable glitch either, as Pallet town is the real home town.

natedoggy
January 19th, 2008, 10:55 AM
I've got kind of a problem while playing the game and I was wondering if anyone could help me. Everything works fine up untill the start menu. It says press start so I hit enter and the start screen with Ho-oh goes away and then some text appears and it says to that A is next so I hit A and it goes to the next screen but when I hit A again but nothing changes and it wont move on.

Whats wrong?

thanks

I have tried just pressing A for like 5 minutes and nothing happens please someone help me

DarthSenorQueso
January 19th, 2008, 11:51 AM
I found a glitch if tou fish in mistys gym you battle a missingno and you can catch the ghost that you cant identify....

Erick
January 19th, 2008, 12:15 PM
how do you get Radio Card in Kanto?

And how do you catch Jirachi

+Sneasel™
January 19th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Please, just use the help thread in the scrapbox.

And, don't ask where jirachi is, Zel wants to keep it a secret.

DarthSenorQueso
January 19th, 2008, 12:36 PM
The sailer is telling me the boats not in and kurts saying hes working when i did not give him anything....

Superjub
January 19th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Its because all the events are link (e.g: you get a berry so you cant get lapras until you walk a certain amount of steps or you get a berry so you cant go on the boat until you walk a ertain amount of steps.)

Hope I helped.

DarthSenorQueso
January 19th, 2008, 01:00 PM
yes ok thanks alot!!!!!!~!!!!!!!!

Superjub
January 19th, 2008, 01:01 PM
No problem, I dont mind helping people:)

DarthSenorQueso
January 19th, 2008, 01:15 PM
how do the dogs come??????

Superjub
January 19th, 2008, 01:24 PM
In every or most outdoor routes in Johto you will randomly see the sprite of the dog.
Press A on the dog and you'll battle the dog.
Hope I helped.

ShyRayq
January 19th, 2008, 01:27 PM
um you release the dogs in the tower then you find a raikou/entei/suicune sprite in the grass then click on it and you battle raikou/entei/suicune so yeah

Superjub
January 19th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Oh yeah I forgot to mention the releasing the dogs from the burnt tower part.
Thanks Dragoon.

ShyRayq
January 19th, 2008, 01:48 PM
no problem man i always help but i don't when i'm playing a hack

demonmike
January 19th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Glitch: Minor

Okay, this is pretty much VERY minor because I doubt it'l happen to alot of people, but its exploitable.

After going through Dragons Den, I got to the end and picked up the Dragon Fang. Now, by absolute dumb luck, I had a full bag, so I wasnt able to pick it up, but the script continued any way as if I picked it up, got the badge and the reward TM. Now, after dropping an item I no longer needed, I proceeded to pick up the Dragon Fang, once picked up, the same script happend but the character did not appear, I was talking to a ghost and getting the badge again and ANOTHER Dragonbreath TM.

Just figured I'd say just incase you wanted to do anything about it.

Superjub
January 19th, 2008, 02:41 PM
oh yeah.
That happened to me.
I had like loads of dragonbreath's lol.

+Sneasel™
January 19th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Thats not really a minor glitch, but it can be easily fixed.

jeeminwoo
January 19th, 2008, 03:03 PM
when figthing Dragonair (me) VS Dratini (A guy in the eight gym in Jhoto)....

How come Dragon rage isn't super effective, but twister is?

They're the same dragon type moves.

+Sneasel™
January 19th, 2008, 03:04 PM
when figthing Dragonair (me) VS Dratini (A guy in the eight gym in Jhoto)....

How come Dragon rage isn't super effective, but twister is?

They're the same dragon type moves.

dragon rage always does 40HP damage, so it wouldn't matter.

Zowayix
January 19th, 2008, 04:40 PM
I have tried just pressing A for like 5 minutes and nothing happens please someone help me

In VBA, the default controls are:
Z --> A
X --> B
A --> L
S --> R

To change these controls go to Options, Joypad, Configure, 1...
Hope this helps.

Kapuxa_Blaziken
January 19th, 2008, 04:41 PM
I found a secret passage and a old man gave me a Magby Egg! not very interesting tho... i though i had found jirachi!Can u at leats give me a hint if it is on the Johto or kanto side? :p thanks

pm_41
January 19th, 2008, 05:23 PM
It won't load in Vista. All I get is a white screen with a loud beeping noise when I load the patched ROM.

hibryd
January 19th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Great hack, Zel. Really good job.

I downloaded and played the X version without realizing it, I thought I had the normal version, lol.

And I had no clue there was a Jirachi event, I just started playing on B5. Can't wait for B6. But will I be able to keep the Pokemon I have now?

Archer
January 19th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Great hack, Zel. Really good job.

I downloaded and played the X version without realizing it, I thought I had the normal version, lol.

And I had no clue there was a Jirachi event, I just started playing on B5. Can't wait for B6. But will I be able to keep the Pokemon I have now?

No. You have to Start a New Game whenever a new Beta comes out. This is to avoid missing flags and other events that have been changed since the last beta.

zel 2.0
January 19th, 2008, 06:38 PM

Regarding the info known about him (not much is known, though), but he comes from another region, not any of the ones known (or that which has been spoiled before)

About the Jirachi event: is there any hint for it in-game? Or we just have to think on our own and hope our minds and eyes will find the answer?

It's something that eventually you'll figure out, dont worry.

I found something weird: there's a piece of rock in that part near mt moon taht acts like a sign saying that's the entrance of Mt. Moon.
That's all.

OK, fixed.

Fixed also (I think, I dont use Teleport)

I have a question, it's possible to find a feebas in the game? If yes, evolve by level up or with a stone? Or does not evolve yet?!!

Thanks!

Not in the B5, but you will in B6 (in a one chance only event), but, regarding how it'll evolve, it's obvious it'll be different, but, I'll not gonna say how.

The Whirlpool Part of the trick house desn't have a code...

Yes, it has. Just check the Help thread in the Scrapbox, I remember seeing it there.

The Name Rater's house is really troublesome...

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii98/Went22/bici.jpg

The bike problem there was posted already.

But sevii islands have three maps, so it's actually possible.
In fact, in marble I'm putting 4 regions.

Problem is with the ammount of locations. Considering the number of locations on Johto and Kanto (big regions), I was left with very few locations to put on the other two maps. I just had a few bunch for that third map, so I'm skipping using the fourth one.
Of course, if it's possible to increase the number of locations (or you dont overuse them on one or two maps, it could be possible to use the four maps without problems.

Those are all references to another event ocurring in the next Beta.

Whats wrong?

thanks

Check Zowayix's answer. Most likely it's a matter of joypad's configuration in your emulator.

I found a glitch if tou fish in mistys gym you battle a missingno and you can catch the ghost that you cant identify....

Hmmm... Oh, yes. Seems I didn't put fish for the S.Rod at Misty's Gym, and that gives us some nice MissingNo. Great...
Well, be on the lookout for more things like that.

Glitch: Minor

Okay, this is pretty much VERY minor because I doubt it'l happen to alot of people, but its exploitable.

After going through Dragons Den, I got to the end and picked up the Dragon Fang. Now, by absolute dumb luck, I had a full bag, so I wasnt able to pick it up, but the script continued any way as if I picked it up, got the badge and the reward TM. Now, after dropping an item I no longer needed, I proceeded to pick up the Dragon Fang, once picked up, the same script happend but the character did not appear, I was talking to a ghost and getting the badge again and ANOTHER Dragonbreath TM.

Just figured I'd say just incase you wanted to do anything about it.
Thats not really a minor glitch, but it can be easily fixed.

It was listed in my bug list as "Always have room for items in your bag" since it was a problem for me to add the jump bagisfull (because of my lazyness... -_-), I never got used to use it, so, if I had to implement it, I'd have to touch 1, 2... a lot of scripts... ToT
Which could be something I could do at the end, if I'm in the mood for it, but meanwhile, just remember to have a free spot, ok?

OK, time for updating. Since I'm recovering the rythm at hacking, now I finished with Pewter's events. Next thing to do is the Lugia event at Whirl Islands (and I'm sure I'll end up fainting the Lugia, as usual... XD)

hibryd
January 19th, 2008, 07:42 PM
No. You have to Start a New Game whenever a new Beta comes out. This is to avoid missing flags and other events that have been changed since the last beta.

Thanks. Guess since I've finished everything but getting Jirachi and the Legendary beasts, I'd better just sit and wait.

BUT I"M FAWNING OVER THAT FREAKIN' PILLAR!!!! ARRRRGHHH!!!!

Team Rocket Boss Giovanni
January 19th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Is there supposed to be Charcoal in the Azela Town Pokemart list? It is the first item on the list.

Lollypop
January 20th, 2008, 01:20 AM
How do you get to misty???

shinygoldash
January 20th, 2008, 02:19 AM
Zel:To kill the killing pcs, you could use one of those mid-route healing people.I mean the route 27/26 healing house script.

zel 2.0
January 20th, 2008, 05:23 AM
Is there supposed to be Charcoal in the Azela Town Pokemart list? It is the first item on the list.

Yes, it was also in the original. I guess they wanted to give the Charcoal in case you miss going back to Azalea after helping with the Farfetch'd event. Maybe?

Zel:To kill the killing pcs, you could use one of those mid-route healing people.I mean the route 27/26 healing house script.

Problem with that is that they are not exactly PCs. They do heal, but that's all, those PCs would still have problems (they wouldn't hang, but if you lose, you'd be sent to some other place), but... If nobody cares about that, I'll try to make them that way, at least for the time being.

And the "how do I make patches work" should be sent to some other thread, thanks.
Hasn't anyone made a thread for that in the scrapbox?

kingofeds
January 20th, 2008, 05:40 AM
I'm curious if this is a computer thing, but whenever I try to download the B5 data, it comes up with me downloading an Internet Explorer file instead of the Shiny Gold patch. Anybody know what to do?

Sho Phoenix
January 20th, 2008, 06:14 AM
Hello, it's a great hack! But I have a problem, Afterwards beaten Clearly, I have just entered Dragon Den, but I cannot go because of typhoon. I do not have HM to abolish typhoon. How to have this HM ?

+Sneasel™
January 20th, 2008, 06:16 AM
Hello, it's a great hack! But I have a problem, Afterwards beaten Clearly, I have just entered Dragon Den, but I cannot go because of typhoon. I do not have HM to abolish typhoon. How to have this HM ?

remember before in the game, when Lance gave you a clampearl? The clampearl knows whirlpool.

zexionnathan12
January 20th, 2008, 06:18 AM
what a awsome game pokemon hacks rock and tired

Sho Phoenix
January 20th, 2008, 06:32 AM
remember before in the game, when Lance gave you a clampearl? The clampearl knows whirlpool.

Ah okay, thank you ^^ ...

hibryd
January 20th, 2008, 11:23 AM
I found a small bug, not very important, but when you go onto Cycling Road without a bike from Fuschia, you walk around without a bike in the area, but as soon as you pass the ledge, it fixes itself.

LiquidR
January 20th, 2008, 12:26 PM
I found a small bug, not very important, but when you go onto Cycling Road without a bike from Fuschia, you walk around without a bike in the area, but as soon as you pass the ledge, it fixes itself.

I think that this was also in the original GSC game. but I'm not sure. I need to check is.

BTW Zel, I love the new pokemon sprites of some of the pokemon. Esspecially Totodile's

DarthSenorQueso
January 20th, 2008, 01:51 PM
You cannot escape buildings like slkiph using teleport dig or escape ropes...

StrickeN
January 20th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Has any one else received this bug....

Well i am in kanto i beat surge and i think sabrina so far. Well I got the ghostbuster was figuring out how to get back to johto so i flew to the e4 and had the guys pigeot fly me.... and when i went to ecruteak city i got all the timed events again like Dante and his girlfriend and i even re-fought my rival and when i went downstairs i saw morty and the dogs @ same time... and when i went the dogs fled "again" and well i beat mortys ass <3 houndoom level 74

Any word on when the next Beta Will be released? a month? a few weeks? :D

Gerri Shin
January 20th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Zel, When you do the Lugia event, are you going to make it the exact same as Gold with its level like 70?
that was one of the things that really irked me abou the origianl is that you could only catch it at lv. 70 after its forgotten its better moves. if possible could you make it like level 40 like Ho-oh or change its move list so that it can still learn its best moves?

YellowPen
January 20th, 2008, 06:05 PM
hey zel i was wondering (if it is even possible) if your going to change the fame checker into a jhoto one

i would be happy to find information about jhoto gymleaders if you need

zel 2.0
January 20th, 2008, 06:15 PM
You cannot escape buildings like slkiph using teleport dig or escape ropes...

Well, Silph is not actually a maze-like building, or even a very tall building where you'd waste a lot of time to get out of the building. That's why I left it untouched.

Well i am in kanto i beat surge and i think sabrina so far. Well I got the ghostbuster was figuring out how to get back to johto so i flew to the e4 and had the guys pigeot fly me.... and when i went to ecruteak city i got all the timed events again like Dante and his girlfriend and i even re-fought my rival and when i went downstairs i saw morty and the dogs @ same time... and when i went the dogs fled "again" and well i beat mortys ass <3 houndoom level 74

Are you sure you aren't playing over an older Beta save? (I haven't had that problem)

Zel, When you do the Lugia event, are you going to make it the exact same as Gold with its level like 70?
that was one of the things that really irked me abou the origianl is that you could only catch it at lv. 70 after its forgotten its better moves. if possible could you make it like level 40 like Ho-oh or change its move list so that it can still learn its best moves?

It must be at Lv70, as it was in the original. But, let's not forget about the existance of the Move Relearner, he'll probably help you giving it the forgotten moves, hopefully (I'm not sure, I haven't used the Move Relearner in any of the original games...)

hey zel i was wondering (if it is even possible) if your going to change the fame checker into a jhoto one

i would be happy to find information about jhoto gymleaders if you need

With the changes of sprites I think that'll only bring more problems than anything else. I dont really need more problems, thanks.

Har D Har
January 20th, 2008, 06:46 PM

I see the problem. You probably didn't see the trio fleee the first time, or even enter the tower and fight the duo. For that reason, when you went 'back' to fight Morty, all the things you should have already see happened for the first time. No big deal dude.

TheKingofKings
January 20th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Just a comment about the Saves, you realize you can Save it both Ways. I sav both ways.

LiquidR
January 21st, 2008, 12:44 AM
Zel, I'm just curious. When I run away from a wild pokemon, the textbox shows 2 things:

1. Got away savely (When TOTODILE is in slot 1)
2. SENTRET (Pokemon in slot 1 of my team)
I'll upload a screen when I have the time.

Does anyone else have this bug?

jeeminwoo
January 21st, 2008, 12:48 AM
I suggest you buy Charmeleon and catch a squirtle, cuz they learn special moves like blastburn, hydro cannon and stuff. Dunno if you can catch a bulbasaur or not.

OMG glitch

Go to the lavender town, heal your pokemon in the pokemon center and the screen will turn into crazy colors and freeze the game.

Lavender town is in Kanto

JohnBoy617
January 21st, 2008, 12:51 AM
Wow Zel, your hack just gets better! Your hacking skills own others. You've got new music and everything. The sprites...

Keep it up! :)

jeeminwoo
January 21st, 2008, 03:43 AM
Uhh... is it just me, or does the bottom of Fuchsia town look strange?

And.. Cleanse tag doesn' work... at least in Kanto I think...

DarthSenorQueso
January 21st, 2008, 06:40 AM
How come there is no pokemon in the water near wish pillar?

Midnight Beat
January 21st, 2008, 08:45 AM
OMG glitch

Go to the lavender town, heal your pokemon in the pokemon center and the screen will turn into crazy colors and freeze the game.

Lavender town is in Kanto
Since everyone decided to just.....ignore you, I'll give you an answer. The reason why this is, is that Zel had to create a few Pokemon Center scripts from scratch. And for some reason they're still a little buggy. If you want more infomation on this, it's glitch number forty five on Zel's list on the first page.

PiplupLover
January 21st, 2008, 10:39 AM
I luv this hack! How did you ever get that Cyrus battle music in the game? (when battling to carlos)

Superjub
January 21st, 2008, 11:50 AM
Jeeminwoo, is'nt it a charmander you buy and...

You can get Bulbasaur in this beta, in the safari zone. Hope I helped ;)

TheKingofKings
January 21st, 2008, 12:01 PM
Anyone know where I can find a Victory Road Walkthrough.

Midnight Beat
January 21st, 2008, 12:15 PM
Anyone know where I can find a Victory Road Walkthrough.

I believe the walkthrough on the first post covers victory road.

TheKingofKings
January 21st, 2008, 01:16 PM
Thanks, I just followed a Youtube Walkthrough.

Currently versing Karen.

zel 2.0
January 21st, 2008, 01:30 PM
Zel, I'm just curious. When I run away from a wild pokemon, the textbox shows 2 things:

...???

lol It's a bit confusing the way you say it. So, I hope you manage to post a screenshot or something, because I didn't understand.

How come there is no pokemon in the water near wish pillar?

That's intentional. There are no water Pokemon in that little pond (I didn't need to put more Pokemon there, actually)

Currently at Mt.Moon, I need to map and then make the scripts around there (with that Gift Shop, and the battle against Silver)
If you remember the info from the older thread, I said I was gonna make an event with J&J and Clefairies, but there's a J&J event close by, so I had to put that down... Hehe...

Heart's Soul
January 21st, 2008, 01:35 PM
Perfect job on the hack! I would play it, but I'm working on my own hack.
Anyway, what is mostly the strangest/most complicated glitch in the game? Just asking.

Pokemaster22
January 21st, 2008, 01:45 PM
great hack but when will the Pokedex have an accurate location system soon? I've always hated guessing which parts you overwrote for which cities ^.^

Heart's Soul
January 21st, 2008, 02:34 PM
I love this hack! *off-topic* Can someone PM me the music!?????
*back on-topic*
Anyway, several glitches, but the crazy button glitch doesn't work... so, it's bad in my game. 1 less glitch to discover.

dude120
January 21st, 2008, 05:51 PM
What are the chances of catching a shiny Ho-oH? I caught one in B5 and when B6 comes out i want to know if i can find it again.

Midnight Beat
January 21st, 2008, 05:53 PM
What are the chances of catching a shiny Ho-oH? I caught one in B5 and when B6 comes out i want to know if i can find it again.

The same as in any Pokemon game. I think it something like 1/1862.

dude120
January 21st, 2008, 05:55 PM
The same as in any Pokemon game. I think it something like 1/1862.

That stinks, thanks for the quick reply. Its going hard to catch another shiny Ho-oH.

defdef2
January 21st, 2008, 05:56 PM
It won't load in Vista. All I get is a white scrEEEEEeen with a loud beeping noise when I load the patched ROM.

GET A DIFFERANT ROM. MINE DID IT AT FIRST TOO.

Mr. Sanders
January 21st, 2008, 06:06 PM
Hi Zel, I bought your SHINYGOLD Game in 2007 on a GBA game pack, some chinese person had burnt it on and was selling it for $20 (Giving No credit to you I might add) Anyway, the game was unfinished on the pack so I could never complete it. WAAAAA! So, I was wondering, could you post a link to download it as a .gba file? PLEASE? PLEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Yours faithfully,
Mr. Sanders

~*Pikafan*~
January 21st, 2008, 06:23 PM
Mr. Sanders, Zel HATES people who make pirated versions of the game, and I think he doesn't like it when people post about the bought version in the thread. And posting the .gba file is against the forum rules.

*Gets back to reason why he posted here*

Zel, beta 5 was awesome! I didn't like that the title screen stopped being animated though. Was that on purpose?

Anyways, keep it up and good luck!

Mr. Sanders
January 21st, 2008, 06:33 PM
Sorry, didn't know about the restrictions on .gba files. woops. That explains why I could never find one here! And I know that Zel hates people who do pirated versions of games. (I saw the Say no to pirates thing at the start of the game) But when I bought it I didn't know it was a pirate, I only found out after some research... O.k can somebody tell me how to play the beta files I can't work it out!

Yours faithfully,
Mr. Sanders

shadoweevee
January 21st, 2008, 07:24 PM

1. Got away safely (When TOTODILE is in slot 1)

...???

lol It's a bit confusing the way you say it. So, I hope you manage to post a screenshot or something, because I didn't understand.

He's saying when totodile is in slot 1 the game says the normal thing when you run away, but when there's a different pokemon in slot 1 it says something else

TheKingofKings
January 21st, 2008, 07:50 PM
I patched to Shiny Gold Beta 5 perfectly. No Glitches.

Just caught Celebi, with an Ultra Ball.

Red1530
January 21st, 2008, 09:17 PM
Zel, when are you going to give all of the trainers in the game proper names. For example the first trainer you encounter on Route 30 doesn't have a real name.

ShyRayq
January 21st, 2008, 09:24 PM
Zel, when are you going to give all of the trainers in the game proper names. For example the first trainer you encounter on Route 30 doesn't have a real name.

that's normal he made them "wierd names" because they are REMATCH trainers and the ones with exclemation marks at the end are so he can tell the firered ones from the shnygold ones i think

BassFace
January 21st, 2008, 10:06 PM

Is it just happening to Sentret, or every Pokemon besides Totodile? I'm going to make a guess at this - it may have to do with the fact that Sentret can have the "Run Away" ability. When a Pokemon with this ability runs from battle, a different message than usual comes up:

Normal Escape Scene:
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d93/Ratiasu_0380/Route29Pokemon.png

Using Run Away:
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d93/Ratiasu_0380/Route29Pokemon2.png

Maybe something in the game is causing the rest of Sentret's escape message (everything after its name) to be cut off. I caught a Sentret to test this out, and the bug didn't happen to me, so I can't say for sure what's happening.

YellowPen
January 22nd, 2008, 12:43 AM
Originally Posted by BassFace
Is it just happening to Sentret, or every Pokemon besides Totodile? I'm going to make a guess at this - it may have to do with the fact that Sentret can have the "Run Away" ability. When a Pokemon with this ability runs from battle, a different message than usual comes up:

Normal Escape Scene:

Using Run Away:

Maybe something in the game is causing the rest of Sentret's escape message (everything after its name) to be cut off. I caught a Sentret to test this out, and the bug didn't happen to me, so I can't say for sure what's happening.

umm thats cause Sentrets ability is Run Away. With Run Away sentret can run away from any pokemon and it comes up "Sentet fled using run away".

This is all okay and normal to firered, nothing to do shiny gold

Vuallum
January 22nd, 2008, 01:47 AM
umm thats cause Sentrets ability is Run Away. With Run Away sentret can run away from any pokemon and it comes up "Sentet fled using run away".

This is all okay and normal to firered, nothing to do shiny gold

Not to mention Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Leaf Green... Probably Diamond and Pearl too.

The usual running method without the ability "run away" may cause a "cannot escape!" message (especially with higher speed pokes). However, in theory, a newly hatched Eevee (always born with 'Run Away') can run from a level 100 speed deoxys.

gbhero
January 22nd, 2008, 07:08 AM
hey zel just a suggestion. Many Youtube users do well for their GSC remixes..Ask them for help?Maybe?

TreeckoLv.100
January 22nd, 2008, 08:12 AM
Hey zel, long time bud. Shiny Gold is getting better and better man. Love what you've done, this is one heck of a hack. Wish I had more to say or ask, but what haven't already been said in your thread right?

LastHand
January 22nd, 2008, 11:28 AM
Why would you need to run away from something? Just go right though it and kill it...lol. Any Ideas on the legends we will see in the next beta?

Silent Storm
January 22nd, 2008, 12:12 PM
I have got around to playing this hack on my psp.

I have probably said this before, but the only issues I have with this hack is the mapping issues on towns and routes and the changing of the dungeons. Apart from that it is okay.

Maybe when the hack is complete, I can fix up some maps, what do you say zel.

TheKingofKings
January 22nd, 2008, 03:08 PM
lol, Team Rocket stole my Pokemon. How do I get them back?

DarthSenorQueso
January 22nd, 2008, 03:13 PM
First off please post it in the help secction and second go to the bottem cut tree talk to it a few times and koga will help you.

+Sneasel™
January 22nd, 2008, 03:13 PM

This question gets asked a lot, check some of the older posts.
Or ask it in the thread in the scapbox.

I think this is what you do though (i forgot, but i remember the other posts)
Go to a tree and press A twice (am i right, it was something like that?) I think it was a cut tree... Sorry if i'm wrong.

Heart's Soul
January 22nd, 2008, 03:17 PM

I think it says on the Shiny Gold Help thread how to get your pokes back.

Apple Inc.
January 22nd, 2008, 06:21 PM
Wow, It took just one Ultra Ball to get Celebi. and it took 45 to get HO-OH plus a timer ball after 60 turns and a luxury ball. Oh and there is a thing with the Koga rematch in Fuschia. He doesnt face you when you talk to him. http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/1809/pokemonfireredgba01fa4.png

Gary93
January 22nd, 2008, 06:33 PM
Oh, very good zel, the beta 5 is very interesting, Continue this way!

Giovanni Boss
January 22nd, 2008, 06:52 PM
Zel, could you send me a Pm [or put it here] with all pokémons findable in each floor of tin tower? I can just find the first, the roof [no pokémon] and the second, in A-map. If all other floors have the same pokémons as the sacond, it'd be pratical just to say. Otherwise, please send me the list, as i need it to do the SGdex.

AntiRellik
January 23rd, 2008, 03:45 PM
this hack is indeed great... I am surprised how RSE/FRLG hacking has advanced...
I havent touched a rom in years lol. There were only 2 or 3 pokemon GBA hacks that had a lot of GFX hacked before... and none had music edits either ;)
Your hack has made me see how much more I could do with a Fire Red rom.
Good luck with the hack!

master brodie
January 23rd, 2008, 07:04 PM
I can't believe that Sg has gotten this far!! way 2 go Zel

Matt Silver
January 23rd, 2008, 07:45 PM
Why the hell did this not win Hack Of The Year! It's so fracking awesome.
Good job with B5 zel! Keep it up!

zel 2.0
January 23rd, 2008, 08:28 PM
Woohoo! No words... Just reply...! O.o

Anyway, what is mostly the strangest/most complicated glitch in the game? Just asking.

If I were to pick, the "killing R32 PC" is by the far the strangest (with all the flashing colors and freezing, it's pretty strange to see :P)
But about the most complicated, I'd say it's the thing on fixing the Pokedex locations, because most likely, I'm gonna be needing M_X's help there (if it's even possible to fix it in some way...), about the rest, most of them could be fixed with a bit of effort in scripting (sometimes I'm lazy on fixing some...)

great hack but when will the Pokedex have an accurate location system soon? I've always hated guessing which parts you overwrote for which cities ^.^

Not too long ago, you were all cursing me for not having the Johto's world map implemented. And now that that's fixed, there's a new problem coming... Sigh... I now know how Nintendo must feel... XD

Hi Zel, I bought your SHINYGOLD Game in 2007 on a GBA game pack, some chinese person had burnt it on and was selling it for $20 (Giving No credit to you I might add) Anyway, the game was unfinished on the pack so I could never complete it. WAAAAA! So, I was wondering, could you post a link to download it as a .gba file? PLEASE? PLEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Yours faithfully,
Mr. Sanders

As it was explained, roms are not allowed to be posted. So, with the patch at the first post, and with this thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=73966) you'll do fine, if not, just PM me.

Zel, beta 5 was awesome! I didn't like that the title screen stopped being animated though. Was that on purpose?

Anyways, keep it up and good luck!

It was the result of Neos' touch on the titlescreen. Unfortunately, he couldn't keep the animated clouds (which remember they were confused with smoke, anyway :laugh:), so, we'll have to stick with what we have.

I'm pretty sure that if I change them, I'll confuse them with the people I still have available to edit, so, to avoid some confusions, I'm gonna keep them like that till the last release (or till it's at a good point)

It was discussed already. I'm just glad it wasn't another bug. But... It was strange... That is a thing well known in the Pokemon world... :o

Hey zel, long time bud. Shiny Gold is getting better and better man. Love what you've done, this is one heck of a hack. Wish I had more to say or ask, but what haven't already been said in your thread right?

Well, thanks for showing up around for a while, T100! I'm always happy when I see people from the "old times" :D

Any Ideas on the legends we will see in the next beta?

The only that I can talk about is Lugia (which is the obvious one), but the other three I cannot reveal... Just think they have some cool events ;)

I'm going to post my opinion up.

I'm sorry, but, I think this post was posted on the wrong thread. It was more like something that should go into one of the threads at the Rom Hacking section (maybe the Graphics vs Gameplay one?), and not at a specific hack's thread. Debating about rom hacking's not the idea of this thread.

I have got around to playing this hack on my psp.

I have probably said this before, but the only issues I have with this hack is the mapping issues on towns and routes and the changing of the dungeons. Apart from that it is okay.

Maybe when the hack is complete, I can fix up some maps, what do you say zel.

Well, I like doing some changes (and the tile problems will be fixed in the future), but, as I said some time ago, once the final version is released, and after some months, I will allow to use the hack as you want, so you could fix anything you want.

Oh and there is a thing with the Koga rematch in Fuschia. He doesnt face you when you talk to him. http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/1809/pokemonfireredgba01fa4.png

I see, well, I'm gonna fix that.

Zel, could you send me a Pm [or put it here] with all pokémons findable in each floor of tin tower? I can just find the first, the roof [no pokémon] and the second, in A-map. If all other floors have the same pokémons as the sacond, it'd be pratical just to say. Otherwise, please send me the list, as i need it to do the SGdex.

The 2nd and upper floors are in the same map, so they share the same Pokemon.

Where on earth is our friend zel

Do you remember what I think about such kind of posts? D:

This is all spam. Read the FAQ for stuff like the difference between regular and X. For patching read H. Sotomura's thread to find that stuff out. If you are on a mac follow the 1st set of instructions for patching..

Yeah, I was also getting tired of the whole Vista-patching-Emus talk which doesn't belong in here, it goes in the Emulation section, people!, I'll PM a mod for a little cleaning there.

Your wron he doesn't want us to tell HOW but i think it's proper to discuss a part of the game? so long as it doesn't get to informative

Hmmm... Better not discuss about that on this thread, I'm sure a lot of spam will come out of it, and we want to avoid that.

*faints* ...Phew... That was a lot, but meh...
On updating thing I really wanted to post when I finished Mt.Moon, but I've been a bit busy these last days, so all I have is the mapping finished and I was starting to script there, so I guess tomorrow Mt.Moon's gonna be finished (I so much want to reach Pallet...! >.<)

destinedjagold
January 23rd, 2008, 08:48 PM
Eheheheh... Just take it easy, zel, nice and slow, yet sure. ;)

Don't rush things. :)
Wishing ya the best of luck~

wow_wow
January 24th, 2008, 03:46 AM
After get A Badge from Fuchsia City, what should I do ?

LiquidR
January 24th, 2008, 04:03 AM
Zel, are you going to put the revamped Overworld sprites of the gymleaders in the game? 'Cause it looks really strange that the Overworld of Koga is in the place of Falkner?

chevychan
January 24th, 2008, 06:05 AM
Where can I get Whirlpool ??

I need to destroy the whirlpool in the Dragon's Den

747Jason747
January 24th, 2008, 06:49 AM
Where can I get Whirlpool ??

I need to destroy the whirlpool in the Dragon's Den
Lance gives u a Clampearl which knows whirlpool after u help in the rocket hide out.
But Questions like this Belong in the Shiny gold help thread in Scrapbox

DarkCronus
January 24th, 2008, 09:00 AM
WSF!??

My Egg it broke and it came this O.O

img175.imageshack.us/img175/1668/pokemonshinygold01za1.png

shinygoldash
January 24th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Looks like you're making good progress with beta6...

I can't wait to take down Red.

Are you using the Elite 4 level up flag thing in beta 6 for the updated elite4?

Ho-oh arabia
January 24th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Johto's map got fixed!?!? W00000000000000000000000000000000T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DarkCronus
January 24th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Hey Zel!!
I found img of all 493 pokemons, for battle...
if you want send me one e-mail,
why img's that I found, pokemos are very beautiful
and in perfect state for for in the game, ^^

the e-mail is: [email protected]

Bye =D

shadoweevee
January 24th, 2008, 02:48 PM
The only that I can talk about is Lugia (which is the obvious one), but the other three I cannot reveal... Just think they have some cool events ;)

I smell a mew and mewtwo somewhere

Scorp Con
January 24th, 2008, 03:11 PM
@up
I smell some no0b spaming...

Can't wait to play full version. Do you think you can fix all bugs?

TheKingofKings
January 24th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Who is the Rival Ashlee, I think she has a Pikachu

DarkCronus
January 24th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Hey Zel!!
Lock in my signature the new sprit of pokemons and shiny pokemons...
you like, I can do new shinys of all pokemos

=D

SaniOKh
January 24th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Hi, Zel.
I know that noone knows me here, but I've been following some of the hacks for... what, five or six months.
Anyways, I downloaded the fifth beta, and had a great fun with it. But, if you don't mind, I only have some suggestions (I hope I won't be bashed :P ):

I think Lance giving you a Clamperl instead of a HM is a risky move, because, potentially, you can keep the player from finishing the game, if he/she releases or trades the Clamperl. If I were you (which, of course, I'm not ^^), I would alter some of the maps to replace whirlpools with breakable rocks, so that it would work with a HM (Lance then would give the HM and the guy giving the HM would give a TM). It sure will differ from what happens in real Gold Version, but then, it would be safer, I guess.
Effectively, as it was stated earlier in this thread, you could replace the Union Cave Pokémon Center with a house where someone heals your Pokémon if you don't manage to get it to work, because at that point, after a route full of trainers and a cave ahead, it would be nice to be able to heal Pokémon.
If it's possible, it would be nice to get rid of first person views (as opposed to watch wrong first person views when entering locations, or even as opposed to watch them at all)

Otherwise... well, I'm almost speechless. The hack made my... day? No, week. No, month. Yeah, month.

Good luck with it, keep up the great work. Cheers.

Short Range
January 24th, 2008, 03:47 PM
@up

Can't wait to play full version. Do you think you can fix all bugs?

I don't. Even if someone does spam I think you should just report it.

+Sneasel™
January 24th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Well, you can get other whirlpool HM's (i forgot where, i think Zel said it before)

Also, that house idea woudn't work becasue its a remake, and theres a pokemon center there in teh original.

TheKingofKings
January 24th, 2008, 04:29 PM
I really want to know where you can get Whirlpool without Clampearl.

Ripper
January 24th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Wailmer learn it. These can be caught outside (Fighting Gym) Island. Try and ask questions like these in the SG Help thread... Hey Zel, now that you know how to edit TMs, isn't it possible to make at that he gives you a TM for Whirlpool? Maybe TM 51 or something. That would give the game the same ammount of TMs/HMs as the original, the only difference being swaping a Whirpool HM for a Whirpool TM. It's just an idea, and then you could be able to buy the TM in Celdaon City, or swap something for it somewhere else.

chaoscreater
January 24th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Why the hell did this not win Hack Of The Year! It's so fracking awesome.
Good job with B5 zel! Keep it up!

honestly, no offence to pokemon prism but i totally agree with u. This is like, teh best hack in the game, just IMO....

piotr_mil
January 24th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Zel, I've found quite strange bug: when you travel from Saffron to Goldenrod via Magnet train, with and UP Arrow key pressed, you get out of the train from the other side, you may see the train animation and cannot get out of the building. Travelling from Goldenrod to Saffron seems ok.

shadoweevee
January 24th, 2008, 06:45 PM
@up

yeah you

I don't. Even if someone does spam I think you should just report it.

It's always great to have someone on you side :D

Zel, I've found quite strange bug: when you travel from Saffron to Goldenrod via Magnet train, with and UP Arrow key pressed, you get out of the train from the other side, you may see the train animation and cannot get out of the building. Travelling from Goldenrod to Saffron seems ok.
can you post a picture? there's a screen capture option in vba you can use that to get the picture
EDIT: I see you don't have 15 posts yet if you want you can pm it to me and I'll post it for you.

dude120
January 24th, 2008, 06:54 PM
I smell a mew and mewtwo somewhere

That would be awesome. I'd bet that he'd probably implement Mewtwo. After all there is that rock on top of the Unkown Dungeon/Cerulean Cave. (The rock like the one in the dragons den). Either way it would be awesome to have either one. Can' wait till B6 !

Giovanni Boss
January 24th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Zel said the random baby egg hatches into one out of four babies.
I know three of them: Pichu, Elekid and Magby.
Which is the other one? Smoochum? Cleffa? Igglybuff?
I'd bet Smochum, but I have to be sure. Can anyone confirm?

shadoweevee
January 24th, 2008, 07:25 PM
That would be awesome. I'd bet that he'd probably implement Mewtwo. After all there is that rock on top of the Unkown Dungeon/Cerulean Cave. (The rock like the one in the dragons den). Either way it would be awesome to have either one. Can' wait till B6 !

That's why I said I smell a mewtwo

I think igglybuff can be caught in the wild at the unown ruins

4 screenshots in one; the train in the left-bottom picture is actually a part of animation; And it IS possible to get out of this place if you get back to the train doors (then your character will start walking on its own).
http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/8594/b5kc9.th.png (http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?image=b5kc9.png)
Thanks for posting this screenshot for me!

As promised

zel 2.0
January 24th, 2008, 07:46 PM
After get A Badge from Fuchsia City, what should I do ?

If you've gotten the badges on the other available cities, then that means you've probably finished the Beta5 (have you done all the tricks at the Trick House yet?), now, to wait...

Zel, are you going to put the revamped Overworld sprites of the gymleaders in the game? 'Cause it looks really strange that the Overworld of Koga is in the place of Falkner?

When I get sprites for them, of course!

WSF!??

My Egg it broke and it came this O.O

img175.imageshack.us/img175/1668/pokemonshinygold01za1.png

First time I ever seen that. Is that the egg from Violet, right? Or maybe a breed? Because I heard a few times of people having problems when breeding, but, since it's not a common thing, I currently assume to a problem in the rom or the patching process.

Are you using the Elite 4 level up flag thing in beta 6 for the updated elite4?

Yes, too bad that they dont show up in PET, so I'll have to edit them by hand with hex -_-

Hey Zel!!
I found img of all 493 pokemons, for battle...
if you want send me one e-mail,
why img's that I found, pokemos are very beautiful
and in perfect state for for in the game, ^^

I already have Marnic helping me in that matter.

Do you think you can fix all bugs?

Over the time I'm sure most of them (the goal is that all) will be fixed. I'm not sure if it's really possible. Time will tell.

Who is the Rival Ashlee, I think she has a Pikachu

She's a Pokemon Thief. Her background goes in that she was an orphan adopted by a group of bandits, and then she was given her Pikachu. After a few years, the gang broke and she decided to become the greatest thief ever, with the help of her partner, Pika.

All the trainers have some kind of background story I thought (it's not really long stories, but it's necessary that all of them have something, so they can be more realistic and help me define their personalities), if you want to know more about them, just ask me.

Hi, Zel.
I know that noone knows me here, but I've been following some of the hacks for... what, five or six months.
Anyways, I downloaded the fifth beta, and had a great fun with it. But, if you don't mind, I only have some suggestions (I hope I won't be bashed :P ):

I think Lance giving you a Clamperl instead of a HM is a risky move, because, potentially, you can keep the player from finishing the game, if he/she releases or trades the Clamperl. If I were you (which, of course, I'm not ^^), I would alter some of the maps to replace whirlpools with breakable rocks, so that it would work with a HM (Lance then would give the HM and the guy giving the HM would give a TM). It sure will differ from what happens in real Gold Version, but then, it would be safer, I guess.
Effectively, as it was stated earlier in this thread, you could replace the Union Cave Pokémon Center with a house where someone heals your Pokémon if you don't manage to get it to work, because at that point, after a route full of trainers and a cave ahead, it would be nice to be able to heal Pokémon.
If it's possible, it would be nice to get rid of first person views (as opposed to watch wrong first person views when entering locations, or even as opposed to watch them at all)

Otherwise... well, I'm almost speechless. The hack made my... day? No, week. No, month. Yeah, month.

Good luck with it, keep up the great work. Cheers.

I wanted to retain the extra HM in FR for something in the future, and to avoid having to touch all the pokes learnable moves again...

That's why I kept the Whirlpool as a move with the Clamperl, at that time I thought it was a good idea, killing two birds with the same stone, as I'd be giving the move AND a Hoenn Pokemon at the same time.

Over the course of the days, I've been getting more negative feedback about this decision, so I guess I'll have to think some more about that. I may change my mind and make Whirlpool an HM (after all, I could still implement what I had planned, but, without an HM as I planned)

The PC on R32 actually heals as long as you have used another PC before (which I guess most of the time must happen, so that's why I didn't bother much about that)

And the first person views, something else controls that (something internal in the game out of my reach), all I could think about that is putting a black screen instead of that, but that's all as of now.

Hey Zel, now that you know how to edit TMs, isn't it possible to make at that he gives you a TM for Whirlpool? Maybe TM 51 or something. That would give the game the same ammount of TMs/HMs as the original, the only difference being swaping a Whirpool HM for a Whirpool TM. It's just an idea, and then you could be able to buy the TM in Celdaon City, or swap something for it somewhere else.

Increasing the list of TMs sounds... I dont know... Something that can't be done (though I know there are no impossibles, but for me it is...), as I said a moment ago, I'll think if I make Whirlpool an HM.

It was already informed to me in a PM some time ago. And it's one of those events that I said would be messed if you press something during the time a warp event is getting executed. I already knew about that one (and I received a PM that maybe it'll fix it... I cant try it as I'm not fixing stuff yet, only trying to progress more)

Smoochum, yes (it was quite obvious)

SaniOKh
January 24th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Also, that house idea woudn't work becasue its a remake, and theres a pokemon center there in teh original.
Like Carlos, Ashlee and Amelia were in the original. ;)
I mean, I don't care if it's a Pokémon Center or a healing house as long as it heals. OK, the Pokémon Center has a computer and stuff, but if Zel doesn't manage to get the Pokémon Center to work, a healing house wouldn't be a bad thing, cause it's better to have a working healing house, than a non-working Pokémon Center. I didn't suggest to replace it just like "It resembles the Gold Version too much change that, that and that":laugh:.

Well, you can get other whirlpool HM's (i forgot where, i think Zel said it before)
OK, so just forget my first suggestion if it's the case. My guess is I have to explore the hack better... :\

EDIT: OK, I was too slow with the answer. Thanks for answering to my post, Zel ;)

Giovanni Boss
January 24th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Thanks, Zel, now I'm almost done with the Shiny Gold dex list.
Tomorrow it'll be ready, so I'll try uploading it, although I don't know how to do it, yet. xD
Well, that's it. ^^

Mrchewy
January 24th, 2008, 09:52 PM
This project is truly wonderful. Keep up the great work, Zel ;) ! The tiles are absolutely amazing; better then the official ones for sure!

Archer
January 25th, 2008, 03:31 AM
...it may be your first hack but it will definitly be your best ...

Are you saying the rest (maybe) will be of a lesser quality? jks.

Zel, If you don't want to Add an HM/TM for Whirlpool, then an unlimited move tutor in Mahogany (unlocked after the Lance Event) is a possibility, no?

As for the killing PC, you could add in a tiny event before that, forcing the player to "try out" a PC. Like someone in Azalea PokeCenter giving you a tutorial/intro for a PC.

Just suggestions, of course...

~ARCHER~

pokegamefreak
January 25th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Zel, i have an idea,

Maby you can put the region Fiore into the game for beta 7.
(Fiore from the game pokemon ranger)
It has not to many routes and city's

destinedjagold
January 25th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Zel, i have a idea,

Why dont you put the region Fiore into the game for beta 7.

zel won't be doing so.
he already stated to have Kanto and Johot only.

Btw zel, I love the hack so far. Keep it up!

pokegamefreak
January 25th, 2008, 09:06 AM
zel won't be doing so.
he already stated to have Kanto and Johot only.

Btw zel, I love the hack so far. Keep it up!

But Zel said that he put another region into beta 7

Gerri Shin
January 25th, 2008, 09:27 AM
I didnt mean that his other hacks would have less quality what i meant was if he ever makes other hacks this one will be tops unless he plans to make another Johto-based game not to be offensive or anything also i just beat the elite four as well do i get a ticket to go ride a boat from olivine or ride the magnet train and in the future once it is in its final version could you possibly upload the rom as a whole instead of having to download the rom & patch seperately just a thought and are you going to open the museum in pewter city?

In response to the upload of the ROM as a whole, the answer is indefinitly no.

Illegally tampered copyrighted software may not be posted or linked to.
Including ROMs, “warez” or cracks, no software that has been illegally tampered with, or distributed outside its legal means, should be linked to. This includes original BIOS or firmware files for any gaming platform. ROMs are copyrighted materials, and the distribution of them without any copyright holding is prohibited.

After you defaet the Elite 4 you should recieve a ticket from Prof. Elm to ride the boat from Olivine. you still have to solve the magnet train problems before you can ride it.

erict
January 25th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Heya All!

Ok... I just finished the Pokemon league and after the credits my game starts from the very beginning and it says "The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed." Can anyone help me with this? I have it saved on 128K

Gerri Shin
January 25th, 2008, 09:33 AM
I do believe the fix for the 1M circuit board is to apply a save patch. I think one comes with Elitemap, but I'm not possitive about that.

unknownboi
January 25th, 2008, 10:35 AM
does the Trick House finish all tricks because right now he says hes thinking of more tricks
and in the he said the 7th from beating him or something like that

Gerri Shin
January 25th, 2008, 11:37 AM
the trick house is triggered by gaining badges, every time you get a new one. a new trick will be available. at least thats how it is in RSE.

also most of these type questions can be answered in the Shiny Gold help thread in the ScrapBox forum.

JordanB500
January 25th, 2008, 12:52 PM
first of i only asked about the rom as a whole thing most likely it was going to be a no anyways and i didnt get a ticket when i saved then restarted with a jumbled text bar it said that the save file was corruopted with the last things in my quest was beating the elite four and saving at new bark town so where do i get it

Apple Inc.
January 25th, 2008, 01:07 PM
first of i only asked about the rom as a whole thing most likely it was going to be a no anyways and i didnt get a ticket when i saved then restarted with a jumbled text bar it said that the save file was corruopted with the last things in my quest was beating the elite four and saving at new bark town so where do i get it

You get it from Professor Elm

shinygoldash
January 25th, 2008, 01:19 PM
@ Zel:I found the entei with the berry in the route left of Violet City.
This was before the evennt.
When doing the bug-fix, you really should check the scripts.

shadoweevee
January 25th, 2008, 03:05 PM
You can't ask for the date of a beta, its against the rules!

i can't find entei/suicune/raikou anywhere, i heard they weren't found in teh wild grass, but then i heard they were.

Someone told me there are OW aroudn the place random.
Which one is right?

Did you release them from the tower?

Red1530
January 25th, 2008, 03:09 PM
I found a rom hacking wiki that features Shiny Gold. http://datacrystal.org/wiki/Pokemon_Shiny_Gold

Zowayix
January 25th, 2008, 04:38 PM
idea for whirlpool:

Since Wailmer has an encounter rate of only 1%, I think you should make it higher or something, like 5% or even 10%...maybe...?

Flashpoint
January 25th, 2008, 10:36 PM
how come my brother,when he beats trainers,theres the ''beating the gym leader' song
like when he beats trainers,it sounds like he beated a gym leader
idk maybe because he beated the elite four too many times(it happened when he beated the elitefour)
Ill put a video about it

edit:he reset the vba it and it works fine now -_-

this is true,but like a rare error

loratus
January 26th, 2008, 03:51 AM
this is the best rom hack i've seen and played, your really doing a great job zel keep on going :)
i cant wait for the game to be finished and get all of the pokemon :D

greets loratus

Gleipnir
January 26th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Great hack! It's also great to see such progress on B6 already.

Just one thing I noticed: if you go to Route 14 from Route 15, the cut tree that blocks the path to the Phychic trainer on Route 15 isn't there. However, if you go to Route 14 from 13, it is there... I guess it's nothing big, though.

SonicBlazePlatinum
January 26th, 2008, 12:29 PM
I got done wiith both Beta 5 and Beta 5-X.B 5-X was hard and it took me awhile to finish. My Feraligatr is at lvel 90! Well see you Zel!

lanroxas
January 26th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Legends I think will appear and how:
Rayquaza:
Dragon's Den Tells it all.
(I love how he's going to do the Rayquaza event)
Lugia:
Same as Gold(old guy in Pewter and stuff).
Mewtwo and Mew:
There is a rock at where was supposed to be the Unknown Dungeon and another at Rock Tunnel(spell?)
Deoxys:
Still thinking about this one... but I'm sure its going to be in-game.

PS: I've tried it all to do the Jirachi event... just one thing... are the "Week Brothers" related to it? I'm trying to find them...

Pokemaster22
January 26th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Rayquaza:
Lugia:
Mewtwo and Mew:
There is a rock at where was supposed to be the Unknown Dungeon and another at Rock Tunnel(spell?)
Deoxys:

PS: I've tried it all to do the Jirachi event... just one thing... are the "Week Brothers" related to it? I'm trying to find them...

I agree with yout legendaries hypothesis but do you think Bagon or the egg from the old guy south of Lavender is related?

[_DarkDragon_]
January 26th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Humm, I got a bug. I got to Cherrygrove, talked to the old guy and got the map, then I entered the pokecenter and healed my cyndaquil. When I left the pokecenter the game crashed, the screen went black (I'm playing it on my DS with my Supercard SD) and it started making weird noises.

I tried it again and same thing happened.

StrickeN
January 26th, 2008, 09:53 PM
I have been dying to find out what is beyond the cave in dragons den (and if u notice the steps right above exit of the ice cavern in blackthorn? :)

I have a gut feeling there is gonna be something a bit more "sufficient" in the Rock Tunnel. I was assuming Groudon (the Earth type legendary) but who knows? It's quite a mystery to all the legends and it eats me away to think of what will be next.

I hope to see the new version here in a few weeks!

Btw version X is quite difficult. Now my team is levels 90+ generally and their all quite powerful. Props on making it difficult!

przemo107
January 27th, 2008, 04:50 AM
Why I can't save game ?? when I click save then yes/yes i have error : Pleasw exchange the backup memory!

What I must to do??

I from Poland!

help

lanroxas
January 27th, 2008, 06:07 AM
I dont really think so... Bagon is related to Rayquaza...
What I got from the dragon masters was that going to the Dragon's Den with some strong dragons(Altaria, Flygon and Salamence) would make Rayquaza appear but of course, only in Beta 6(its needed Explosion) so the Bagon wont be connected to the Rayquaza event.

The old man MAY be connected to Jirachi as he says something about 20 years in that cave or something... The Egg he gives you isn't Jirachi nor something connected to it... I still think that the "Week Brothers" have something to do with Jirachi since the movie was supposed to be called "The Wishing Star of 7 Nights" and Jirachi only appears (as stated in the Anime) for 7 Days(a week). So I suppose I'm following a good clue...

piotr_mil
January 27th, 2008, 06:53 AM
I have been dying to find out what is beyond the cave in dragons den (and if u notice the steps right above exit of the ice cavern in blackthorn? :)

I have a gut feeling there is gonna be something a bit more "sufficient" in the Rock Tunnel. I was assuming Groudon (the Earth type legendary) but who knows? It's quite a mystery to all the legends and it eats me away to think of what will be next.

Well, in my opinion the rock tunnel extra cave is a home to Zapdos (it's nearby the power Plant which was its home) or Regirock (Groundon is too powerful in my opinion to be in Kanto). But that's only a guess.

[_DarkDragon_]
January 27th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Oh yeah, in addition to the crash when exiting the pokecenter, I can't save in-game either (I have to use real-time save, which works) - I'm playing version X btw.

Ryo
January 27th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Has anyone made a location guide for Shiny Gold?

I can't find Mareep. =/
And I'd like to know where Mudkip is.

Edit: Found Mareep right after I posted this. XP

Tyrantrum
January 27th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Well, Mudkip is in Union Cave.
It says it on the first post.

gamecubeboyz
January 27th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Well I just started playing and I really liked the music that played when you fight Carlos at the very beginning. What song was that from!?

Tony the Awesome
January 27th, 2008, 09:08 PM
Well I just started playing and I really liked the music that played when you fight Carlos at the very beginning. What song was that from!?

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl: Cyrus/Akagi Battle Music

chris0326
January 27th, 2008, 10:16 PM
From what i have seen this hack is quite amazing. I can't for some reason, get pasted the begining screens. After i press enter to get out of the title screen, it goes straight to the tutorial for the buttons. I press "A" once and then it goes to a HELP screen where it explains the L and R buttons for FR and LG. The problem is that i can't get passed that point. Can anyone help me out here?

From what i have seen on youtube, the music sounds great and the mapping is amazing.

JordanB500
January 27th, 2008, 11:26 PM
about the music it is but since it cannot go through the proper channels then its audio quality will be really sucky and you can hear cracks and pops throught it also what music is used in the fight with carlos at the elite 4

[.εternity]
January 28th, 2008, 05:01 AM
Just to let you know,the tourist center,progress report etc. on the first page are now saying that you exceeded the bandwith limit.Better go to imageshack!

zel 2.0
January 28th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Zel, If you don't want to Add an HM/TM for Whirlpool, then an unlimited move tutor in Mahogany (unlocked after the Lance Event) is a possibility, no?

As for the killing PC, you could add in a tiny event before that, forcing the player to "try out" a PC. Like someone in Azalea PokeCenter giving you a tutorial/intro for a PC.

Just suggestions, of course...

~ARCHER~

Most likely it'll end up as an HM so, I guess there's no more need to discuss about that. And, about the PC, yes, healing is not the problem, and I guess I'll have to stick with a simple healing thing and that's it (I'll try to see what each command on Nurse Joy's script does, that, when the bug fixing begins)

Zel, i have an idea,

Maby you can put the region Fiore into the game for beta 7.

No, there's already a third semi-region (not really a regions, just two islands), so there's no more space or ideas for other regions.

does the Trick House finish all tricks because right now he says hes thinking of more tricks
and in the he said the 7th from beating him or something like that

The last trick is the one with the Mimic trainers. If you have done that, then that's as far as you'll get in the Beta5, but there'll be more on the next Betas, that's why the guy says he needs to think more.

@ Zel:I found the entei with the berry in the route left of Violet City.
This was before the evennt.
When doing the bug-fix, you really should check the scripts.

I'll check it, but, I doubt I'll find something strange there (to those who want to test, please check that part deeply... That goes to my Beta testers as well ;P)

I found a rom hacking wiki that features Shiny Gold. http://datacrystal.org/wiki/Pokemon_Shiny_Gold

I knew about that since a lot of time ago. I really never payed it too much attention. It basically has the same I have here.

how come my brother,when he beats trainers,theres the ''beating the gym leader' song
like when he beats trainers,it sounds like he beated a gym leader
idk maybe because he beated the elite four too many times(it happened when he beated the elitefour)
I'll put a screenshot if it happens to me

edit:he reset the vba it and it works fine now -_-

That is because someone lost in one of the key battles (I think Carlos or the rockets cause the problem), and something happens there, I think. I knew from the beginning that the changing BGMs would cause me make some mistakes, so we have to spot where they are.

And, as you said, after reloading the game it's fixed, as the variables are cleared.

Just one thing I noticed: if you go to Route 14 from Route 15, the cut tree that blocks the path to the Phychic trainer on Route 15 isn't there. However, if you go to Route 14 from 13, it is there... I guess it's nothing big, though.

I think I have taken care of that in a little fixing I did recently, but thanks anyway.

Rayquaza:
Lugia:
Mewtwo and Mew:
Deoxys:

about those of the legends, of course, all of the three generations will be. But that doesnt mean they'll all be on the next Beta (I said a while back that you'll only interact with four of them, and not exactly catch all of them... But... From your list, you have two right, and one is obviously Lugia)

About the Jirachi, there's no other event related to it. You just need to meet the requirments, and that's it.

;3282896']Humm, I got a bug. I got to Cherrygrove, talked to the old guy and got the map, then I entered the pokecenter and healed my cyndaquil. When I left the pokecenter the game crashed, the screen went black (I'm playing it on my DS with my Supercard SD) and it started making weird noises.

I tried it again and same thing happened.

It's obviously something that occured at the process of having the game on the DS, as the game behaves properly as a rom on the emu (unless it's a bad patching story) I cannot be of help to you, sorry.

From what i have seen this hack is quite amazing. I can't for some reason, get pasted the begining screens. After i press enter to get out of the title screen, it goes straight to the tutorial for the buttons. I press "A" once and then it goes to a HELP screen where it explains the L and R buttons for FR and LG. The problem is that i can't get passed that point. Can anyone help me out here?

Just take a quick look at your emulator's Joypad Configuration and you'll fix it by changing the buttons.

what music is used in the fight with carlos at the elite 4

I dont exactly remember what's it called, but it's from the last battle at FF9 (remember that I'm a FF fan XD)

Just to let you know,the tourist center,progress report etc. on the first page are now saying that you exceeded the bandwith limit.Better go to imageshack!

I'll check it out, thanks for reporting it! (Maybe it's already fixed... let's see...)

Oh, by the way, I'm trying to fix some of my mapping, so I'm changing some houses, fixing some tiles (not too much >.<), and then I'll start with Viridian. Though the last days I've been more playing the last released hacks, so I haven't progressed as much as you could expect (oh well, it's the thing of being a rom hacker and a gamer at the same time :P), but I just have to finish Prism and I'll retake the work. That's all I had!

JordanB500
January 28th, 2008, 08:59 AM
if it hasnt been noticed it should be easily noticable when you go to cherrygrove and then go back your rival will be there also i noticed trainers that have the same sprites as the main character other than at the trick house and copycat, so what is that for also what exacty are the two islands and whats with the ghosts.

Hope that is not too many questions.

Ishtastic
January 28th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Well i love this game *ive only played it a bit* ive had a problem though, i play this game on my ipod and im having a problem where i press the start button and it crashes, i dont know if its a faulty fire red rom, a problem with the emulator, or a bad bios. Have any of you guys had this problem before?

kennyj92
January 28th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Well i love this game *ive only played it a bit* ive had a problem though, i play this game on my ipod and im having a problem where i press the start button and it crashes, i dont know if its a faulty fire red rom, a problem with the emulator, or a bad bios. Have any of you guys had this problem before?

I'm having the exact same problem so I'm just playing beta 4 on my iPod for now so I guess thats all we can do

Ishtastic
January 28th, 2008, 01:57 PM
sweet, thanks for replying. i thought it was just a problem on my end. im gonna go play beta 4 :D

Tyrantrum
January 28th, 2008, 02:53 PM

From what i have seen on youtube, the music sounds great and the mapping is amazing.

Did you use the actual "a" button,
here's the keys:
A=L
S=R
Z=A
X=B
ENTER/RETURN=START
BACKSPACE=SELECT

when u start ur game,
go to option->help->LR

FR and LG only
hope i cleared it up for u.

grandpokemonmaster
January 28th, 2008, 02:57 PM
I really like the hack Zel! Good job and keep working! I really can't wait for the next beta! I'm guessing Beta6 won't be out until summer break from school and beta7 will be out during the winter while in school again, maybe next year! Anyways good work!

dude120
January 28th, 2008, 06:11 PM
I sure hope it comes out sooner, this has to be the best hack ever made. (In my opinion) Glad to see that hes progressing really fast. It looks like hes making this hack really quickly. Anyways good job Zel.

Giovanni Boss
January 28th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Someone asked about the dex list. I've made one.
Can someone teach me how to upload, so everyone can have it?

zel 2.0
January 28th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Don't worry G.Boss, I'l take care of that...

Done! The Shiny Gold (Beta5) Pokedex has been uploaded and the link to the download site is at the first post, on the Tourist Center section with all the other guides for the game.

gunit9
January 28th, 2008, 07:26 PM
good! u are really good at scripting, and i am pleased to see that the fly and map problem is fixed. this is a good game, and i hope to see more! tiling is somewhat of a strength of mine, maybe a remake of yellow version would be appealing to a lot of people. The Pikachu following u around, the chance to get all three starters, i believe that would and should be your next "project" after shinygold, (with all due respect to your time, lol)
Keep up the good work!

Ripper
January 28th, 2008, 08:28 PM
I was just wondering... Maybe there'll be a Legendary in the Tohjo Falls... Kyogre anyone?

shadoweevee
January 28th, 2008, 09:31 PM
I was just wondering... Maybe there'll be a Legendary in the Tohjo Falls... Kyogre anyone?

that would be cool but zel said that he has all the legendaries spots chosen already.
EDIT: dang didn't make the 70th page
EDIT 2: WHOHOO my 90TH post!

Ripper
January 28th, 2008, 10:22 PM
I was thinking that maybe Zel had planned to have a Legendary in Tohjo Falls :P I wasn't asking for one.

Also, I was wondering whether or not you (zel) had worked out if you could create a Wild Pokemon battle with Deoxys and Mew without using the old events. I know that if you use action replay or one of those hacking things and you put Mew/Deoxys in the wild and you catch them they do not obey you. I wasn't sure if this was the same when you make them catchable in the Wild using AMap. Otherwise you might have to keep the same events and just move them for Deoxys and Mew.

teddymanneke
January 29th, 2008, 06:03 AM
I found the Rocket guy in the Cerulean Gym but I don't know what to do right now.
Can anyone help me?
Grtz

JordanB500
January 29th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Wow 70 pages i was wondering how the kanto gym badges will look with them being filled already with johto badges or will they just switch like in the original and i hope the johto badges get changed to work in the proper order im sure if you cant switch slots you could just recolor the icons to their proper places just a suggestion.

shadoweevee
January 29th, 2008, 07:27 AM
Wow 70 pages i was wondering how the kanto gym badges will look with them being filled already with johto badges or will they just switch like in the original and i hope the johto badges get changed to work in the proper order im sure if you cant switch slots you could just recolor the icons to their proper places just a suggestion.

the order of the badges have to do with the order of when you get the hm's you can't change them

Giovanni Boss
January 29th, 2008, 09:00 AM
Don't worry G.Boss, I'l take care of that...

Done! The Shiny Gold (Beta5) Pokedex has been uploaded and the link to the download site is at the first post, on the Tourist Center section with all the other guides for the game.

Well, thanks Zel. ^^
Now, everyone, enjoy the beta 5 Shiny Gold dex! ^^

DarthSenorQueso
January 29th, 2008, 01:35 PM
great dex boss!it has all th aviable pokemon

Tyrantrum
January 29th, 2008, 02:55 PM
There are certain Pokemon not in the game.
Do you plan on adding the rest?

+Sneasel™
January 29th, 2008, 03:07 PM

Probably on teh last few betas, zel will go back and add some of the currently non obtainable pokemon.

Archer
January 29th, 2008, 03:10 PM
I was thinking that maybe Zel had planned to have a Legendary in Tohjo Falls :P I wasn't asking for one.

Also, I was wondering whether or not you (zel) had worked out if you could create a Wild Pokemon battle with Deoxys and Mew without using the old events. I know that if you use action replay or one of those hacking things and you put Mew/Deoxys in the wild and you catch them they do not obey you. I wasn't sure if this was the same when you make them catchable in the Wild using AMap. Otherwise you might have to keep the same events and just move them for Deoxys and Mew.

There could be two reasons for this and its probably that the trainer just doesn't have enough badges, when they are sharked. They probably get sharked to a high level and people would do it on a save file they don't mind losing if something goes wrong.

Once you are in the battle, It is the same as an Event, except for the music, so they should obey you.

Heart's Soul
January 29th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Beta 5 v.2 just came out! I have a question- can I continue my game? I got 7 badges and killing the Radio Tower, or do I have to restart?

thealexsite
January 30th, 2008, 01:34 PM
TheX, where did you get that from there doesn't seem to be any ajustment in the main post.

Zowayix
January 30th, 2008, 01:37 PM
There could be two reasons for this and its probably that the trainer just doesn't have enough badges, when they are sharked. They probably get sharked to a high level and people would do it on a save file they don't mind losing if something goes wrong.

Once you are in the battle, It is the same as an Event, except for the music, so they should obey you.

actually in FRLGE(DP?) there is a special flag in the data that prevents mew and deoxys from obeying EVER unless obtained thru an event.
This is regardless of badges.

Heart's Soul
January 30th, 2008, 01:41 PM
TheX, where did you get that from there doesn't seem to be any ajustment in the main post.

Oops, sorry. Didn't read that post carefully. Sorry... :(...

zel 2.0
January 30th, 2008, 01:47 PM
maybe a remake of yellow version would be appealing to a lot of people. The Pikachu following u around, the chance to get all three starters, i believe that would and should be your next "project" after shinygold, (with all due respect to your time, lol)
Keep up the good work!

Neh... I want to make something more original for my next project (in fact, there are some ideas on the table right now about what I'll be doing after SG), we already have FR and LG as remakes of the oldies, I dont think making Yellow would be needed.

I found the Rocket guy in the Cerulean Gym but I don't know what to do right now.
Can anyone help me?
Grtz

You need to find the machine part at the Gym (check at the Scrapbox because a screenshot about its location was posted), then go back to the Power Plant to receive a prize. Additionally, you can find Misty at the cape by now.

The game's not prepared to show more than 8 badges, so only the Johto badges will be shown (not like it's a problem, as in the original it was that way also)
About the order of the badges, they need to remain like that because their position on the T.Card and HM that they handle is everything connected.

Obviously, but now that you mention it... Checking the list I found there aren't as many missing Pokemon as I thought... Weird... XP
(Mainly legendaries, which you already know I'm not implementing till the final version)

Beta 5 v.2 just came out! I have a question- can I continue my game? I got 7 badges and killing the Radio Tower, or do I have to restart?

This question is in my FAQs, to keep it short, you can, but sometimes it'll bring you problems with events, so it's not recommended.

Still at Viridian, working with another Ard event, thinking if I'm gonna research a bit to see if something cooler could be done on the Trainer House (if not, it'll be as in the original, with our friend Cal), and then I want to change the tiles at the Gym to make it look with those silly Lego-like blocks :P (I dont need to script there yet, as Green's not present at the Gym till you go to Cinnabar)

Dialga_753
January 31st, 2008, 12:59 AM
Hi. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but when I put my vba on and play sg, it only goes at half the speed. It only does it for that game and no other (the rest run at 100%)

gbhero
January 31st, 2008, 04:48 AM
Still at Viridian, working with another Ard event, thinking if I'm gonna research a bit to see if something cooler could be done on the Trainer House (if not, it'll be as in the original, with our friend Cal), and then I want to change the tiles at the Gym to make it look with those silly Lego-like blocks :P (I dont need to script there yet, as Green's not present at the Gym till you go to Cinnabar)

heys ever thought of using the trainer tower scripts for the virdian house? Since you threw the tower away on a lone island, might as well make use of it

lychnood
January 31st, 2008, 07:35 AM
All right, this is probably the best hack i've ever seen around here. And that means a lot, because there are quite a few awesome hacks around.
Anyway, I want to make a question, Zel, you're an awesome hacker, so, I assume you can answer that: Why aren't the battles harder?
I mean, the Elite4 is extremelly easy, most of the times at least. I've beaten it in the X version with only 4 different pokemons, and they didn't even covered all the disadvantages and all that. So, why don't we see trainers using strategies? Is pretty stupid the fact that Koga is a member of the Elite 4, a.k.a. the best trainers of the whole continent using crappy teams that can be sweeped by only one Alakazam. It's annoying actually...
Is it that hard to put some trainers with Baton Passers, SkarmBlissers and all that? Or at least trainers that can switch the pokemons correctly? Is stupid to fight an grass pokemon with an water one, but that happens all the time. People fighting with Magikarps... And well...

NomadSPG
January 31st, 2008, 07:51 AM
Great new events, Zel!:D I was suprised with GS-Ball script!
I'm still thinkin' about how can I catch Jirachi, but don't tell me B)
I suggest, You should regulate new added music, because i'ts to noisy, especialy in Goldenrod:/ BTW this music sounds great (almost:] ). Is it the option to extract GS music from R/S, and add it to SG? That would be great too:)
The TEAM ROCKET should be have the same intro-music as orginal and the others too, i think.

I was found a few bugs when I played...
1) In this structure of rocks I couldn't reach gym battle with Clair

img85.imageshack.us/img85/5153/pokemonfireredgd4.png
img177.imageshack.us/img177/7559/pokemonfirered2yl7.png

2) I can see the reflection under this rock

img177.imageshack.us/img177/9241/pokemonfirered3dq7.png

3) I can jump on this pokeball

img177.imageshack.us/img177/6223/pokemonfirered4qp5.png

4) There is two bugs... Itemfinder detects something unreachable upside, and when i use SWEET SCENT, i have a battle with MissingNo

img177.imageshack.us/img177/9119/pokemonfirered5bny9.png

5) I can't do next step to forward here

img511.imageshack.us/img511/9568/pokemonfirered6hw1.png

6) I can't leave trick house in this configuration, if i wasn't find a secret code firstly

img511.imageshack.us/img511/1519/pokemonfirered7dc1.png

Went
January 31st, 2008, 08:25 AM
I was found a few bugs when I played...
1) In this structure of rocks I couldn't reach gym battle with Clair

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/5153/pokemonfireredgd4.png
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/7559/pokemonfirered2yl7.png

Try throwing the rock through the other hole X_X

2) I can see the reflection under this rock

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9241/pokemonfirered3dq7.png

Tile fixes will be left for the last beta.

3) I can jump on this pokeball

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/6223/pokemonfirered4qp5.png

>_> Ups.

4) There is two bugs... Itemfinder detects something unreachable upside, and when i use SWEET SCENT, i have a battle with MissingNo

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9119/pokemonfirered5bny9.png

There is an item script somewhere above, and there is no pokémon planned for that map, so if you want to trigger a battle... missingno appears. Why? Because this room will be used for a legendary event later. So he will take care of it then.

5) I can't do next step to forward here

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/9568/pokemonfirered6hw1.png

Ups.

6) I can't leave trick house in this configuration, if i wasn't find a secret code firstly

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/1519/pokemonfirered7dc1.png

Eh... There is a way to get it. Just leave the room through the door you used to enter it and enter again to have another try.

Giovanni Boss
January 31st, 2008, 09:56 AM
NomadSPG:
1) You're just not putting the boulder in the right hole.
2) Yes, there are some wrong reflecting tiles.
3) Guess this is a real bug or something. xD
4) Probably Zel didn't remove the hidden items in this room while editing. And the MissingNo. stuff will happen only with sweet scent, otherwise this room will be only empty. Guess Zel has plans for it.
5) Probably is a hidden item, have you tried pressing the 'A' button?
Ok, I checked, it is a movement permission error.
6) I had no problems in passing this trick house challenge, keep trying. ^^

Guess I was late. xD

el lloydie
January 31st, 2008, 11:54 AM
I'm gonna guess that the 2 of the legendaries for the next beta are Kyogre and Groudon.

Giovanni Boss
January 31st, 2008, 01:03 PM
I'll make my guess about the legenderies.
Lugiai's obviously going to beone of them, ok, so we have three more.
I think we're going to meet mewtwo, but not catch him.
I also think one of them wll be Articuno, as I've already seen it by the binoculars.
So, there's one more. I just can't figure out this one.

pkmnmaster69
January 31st, 2008, 01:16 PM
Um heres what i think about the legends

Im not sure if the dragons den will have raquazza it might have latios and the pokemon that the dragon masters have talked about when they said it likes to play with dragon pokemon, that pokemon might be latias (or the other way round)

And about groundon it might have something to do with the volcano that destroyed Cinnabar island and plus it suits the event of it.

destinedjagold
January 31st, 2008, 01:51 PM
that's what I saw in the mall in the past few days... Man.., are they boring or what...

Anyways, I just arrived at Goldenrod City. love the new music and the new tiles and such.., but I am a little bit confused by the grass animation in Ilex Forest... Oh well...

NomadSPG
January 31st, 2008, 02:00 PM
NomadSPG:
1) You're just not putting the boulder in the right hole.
2) Yes, there are some wrong reflecting tiles.
3) Guess this is a real bug or something. xD
4) Probably Zel didn't remove the hidden items in this room while editing. And the MissingNo. stuff will happen only with sweet scent, otherwise this room will be only empty. Guess Zel has plans for it.
5) Probably is a hidden item, have you tried pressing the 'A' button?
Ok, I checked, it is a movement permission error.
6) I had no problems in passing this trick house challenge, keep trying. ^^

Guess I was late. xD

I hadn't problems with points 1 and 6, but here we have situations, which can stop us forever in game (theoreticaly)

About point 3: I have smilar idea.

stormplayer27
January 31st, 2008, 02:31 PM
when does the beta end? i got to cerulean city and beat misty, but when i try to leave cerulean the ghost apears.
however, i used a walk through walls code and went to the power plant, anyway does the beta end there?

Pokemaster22
January 31st, 2008, 03:28 PM
when does the beta end? i got to cerulean city and beat misty, but when i try to leave cerulean the ghost apears.
however, i used a walk through walls code and went to the power plant, anyway does the beta end there?

Its up to Fuchsia City, Jirachi event and the next beta will cover all of Kanto and Mt. Silver.