• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
Years
Zel,
You're doing a great job with your hack.
You truly are a great inspiration to many of the begginer hackers.
I think at least 1/3 of all Hackers, always say to me, "Yeah, I started hacking after I played Shiny Gold."

Keep up the great work.
I personally, HAVE NOT, played your hack yet.
But that's because I'm waiting until it's finished, and I'm SURE I'll love it.
:)

-EarthsVisitor

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2010
zel a thing 4 the spearow script, i already tried talking with the guy next to the berry tree (the tired one) and nothing... i tried again now and nothing again... rom problem?

and some problem entering mahogany town from route 42, the old man appears from nothing, dunno if it's normal.

Last edited:

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
Years
zel a thing 4 the spearow script, i already tried talking with the guy next to the berry tree (the tired one) and nothing... i tried again now and nothing again... rom problem?

and some problem entering mahogany town from route 42, the old man appears from nothing, dunno if it's normal.

That's happened to me before the Old man isn't there then I take a step and BAM he appears out of nowhere. It's pretty mind-boggling.

yoshikiller995

Any thing but slow
Years

You must take th mail off of the spearow, then it should work, I had the same problem.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Please, people, read the first post before posting, I have counted 8 questions in the two last pages whose answer is there.

I have been checking the bug list and I have found two things:
1- Ihe Slowpoke girl in Cerulean is fake, I only found her using the WTW code.
2- Truly there is a level in Mt. Mortar without water/fishing pokes (= missingno): map 2.49 (it also has two weird tiles).

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2007
Hello, My first post On Pokecomminity, i recently found out about this and have been playing it for about 2 days its a really good hack :D but i noticed the "home made" battle sprites could use some work and i was wondering if you are willing to accept Re-vamps of the Originals, i have experiance in Pokemon Games Spriting in the Overworld sprites area and Re-vamps on a Game called Pokemon Online (quite a big project) if you need help in Re-vamps, i am willing to help

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2010
You must take th mail off of the spearow, then it should work, I had the same problem.

yeah, that's true. i did it and it works now. thx guy, and 4 zel, keep note ^^

btw, i don't care too much 4 the town map, but the fact that it's linked to the fly map is a real problem. it's something improvable?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Probably I'll be skipping one or two posts, so sorry if I did that (unintentionally). Basically, I'd say to hold on for offering help. I have already a spriter, so I don't have problems in that area (althoug if you want to show me your work, just PM it to me) And, absolutely NO scripting help. That's the thing I most enjoy doing myself of the hack, so I want it all for me ;)

Gosh... 16 PMs... Guess I'll read them tonight... :knockedou

Anyways, are you going to make anything after Mt. Silver? Or are you going to make that bit 100% like Gold?

Yes, there are a few extra areas planned after Mt.Silver, 'cause the game is pretty boring if it just ends there (besides, after Mt.Silver the rest of the legendary events will become available... Gotta catch'em all... :D)

Well zel, I didn't post on the last topic of ShinyGold, but the game still is great. I only have one question, if the beta5 comes out, is it possible to patch it over the beta4 ROM without losing my current game?

~Cya, UnitRico

My reply on the FAQs

I have a two questions.

1. Will mewtwo be added into the game after you collect all badges.
2. Will you add any extra maps if you have some leftovers? :P

You probably had a patching/rom problem with Kurt's event.
1. Yes, but in reality, the event (that rock that blocks your way to the Mistery Ruins) will disappear as soon as you reach Pallet... meaning... Beta6...

That helped, even if I'm not Rei.
I can't be believe you remembered Cal!
A question from me, how far will B5 go?

I wrote it in the Progress Report Section, check it out!

Well, I PMed dirk, and he said that you can go ahead and update the walkthrough. We'll keep trying to make it better though.

OK, then. I hope you two can work on it together then (PM me when you have changes)
I'll upload it on my first post later.

can someone tell me where to find a bagon in it also a swablu.

Nowhere yet, but if you need a spoiler...
Spoiler:

I'm scripting all the routes at once (Routes 16,17,18), to kill three birds in one shot! :) (there are no extra events there, so that makes everything easier)

[EDIT]: Merging... Now I have finished the scipting of all those routes! ^^

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Just to straigthen things out for JoyRide, garfieldlover94 and rei173. Read the first Post! You can find where the next Beta will end by reading the Progress Report, and you can guess how close the next release is just by reading that section... I'll do it for you...

Fuchsia City (First Goal, screenshots season starts, Beta ends here)

The Mt.Moon thing only means that the Beta (that ends at Fuchsia) will be posted as soon as I reach Mt.Moon. It is only something to "give you an aproximation to a release date"

Please, if each of you can delete your respective posts I'd appreciate it. And look for the First Post in the future. Thanks! ^^

[EDIT]: If those three posts are deleted this post would look as a double post in my part. I'd also ask to merge it with my previous post, thanks.

Last edited:

a2h

ENJOY YOUR CONFICKER C
Years
It may seem weird but I'm a bit confused about the progress report.

What does -
strikeout
bold
normal

Mean?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Zel, will you be adding in any other areas to the hack?

I don't think zel will add new areas.., since he's just remaking a G/S/C game, but added a little twist and flavor to make the remake/hack more challenging, good, uh.., and lot's of good stuff...

=3

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
I don't think zel will add new areas.., since he's just remaking a G/S/C game, but added a little twist and flavor to make the remake/hack more challenging, good, uh.., and lot's of good stuff...

=3

The extra area's that we know of are a cave in the Dragon's Den and Mewtwo's Cave,
Zel is planning more events after beating Red to make the game longer, so maybe there will be more extra area's.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2010
It may seem weird but I'm a bit confused about the progress report.

What does -
strikeout
bold
normal

Mean?

strikeout -> already done
bold -> current working
normal -> next working

about the kurtz twins glitch, it's gettin' worse. now i was in the victory road, i go back out and went to violet city, the union cave, lapras, slowpoke well, scientist, then kurtz. (just to let u know my process, dunno if it's truly relevant)
i go in with my lone blue apricorn. see around, no kurtz's brother in the house. talk to kurtz, give him the apricorn. take a step right! kurt'z brother has come from under the table and is working!
maybe the bug is always there (not only for me) but you all haven't noticed it cause u need to go one step right to see kurtz's working place? check.

then i've 3 place with tiles problem: 2 solid block that shouldn't be solid (they'r grass and empty space) one in the route north of the first route (coming from the dragon city, in the two camping guys little square, under the headbutt tree), one in the route to victory road (in the big grass area around the weekly family house, in the up-left corner, the two grass tiles partially covered by the tree); and some reflecting rocks tiles in mt mortar (they are rock but there's the water-like reflex). tell me if u need screenshots.

just a thing: the victory road. that's AWESOME. i think i'm gonna cry when i'll finally reach the exit. nice job guy. ;)

EDIT: a thing for the shiny script. if it can help, if u use continue (i didn't, using the emulator's istant saving) it's shot off. if you can't set the flag when losing against the gyarados, maybe some kind of save-and-restart like the E4's one?

P.s. i didn't cry :D but now i'v rescued the girl on s.s.aqua... and i'm gonna cry again XD u'r a f***in genius zel ^^

EDIT2: only for zel (may spoil :P)
Spoiler:

and (i haven't read this in the other bugs) a lot of warps in caverns and likely (special warps and stairs) don't stop you so u'r warped while still walking (just an oddity)

EDIT3: it's normal all those bugged tiles right of the snorlax in the beta? O_O

Last edited:

john55

Meh
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2009
I have a qustion by any chance will you change the pokemart music to R/S/E song or possibly the D/P version of it, becuase if I remember correctly the stores actually had the towns song(the town you happen to be in)in the original game. Becuase so far like firered youve been using the pokecenter song. Just wondering.

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
Years
  • Age 29
  • NY
  • Seen Jan 29, 2014
hey zel, i have shiny gold for gameboy advance (don't ask how) and it won't save, and the map is all messed up.

Gerri Shin

  
Years
Hey, Zel, I was just wondering are you going to make Mt. Moon all one level like in gold or will you keep all three levels and use the lower ones for an event or make one of them into that summit mart thing?

Back