PDA

View Full Version : FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

zel 2.0
February 1st, 2008, 06:16 AM
Hi. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but when I put my vba on and play sg, it only goes at half the speed. It only does it for that game and no other (the rest run at 100%)

...I don't know... To me it works 100%. Try patching again into a clean rom, perhaps something failed before.

heys ever thought of using the trainer tower scripts for the virdian house? Since you threw the tower away on a lone island, might as well make use of it

I'm currently checking FR guides to find out the cool events to investigate in the game. Perhaps I'll find something. As I said before, if not, it'll be as it was in the original.

All right, this is probably the best hack i've ever seen around here. And that means a lot, because there are quite a few awesome hacks around.
Anyway, I want to make a question, Zel, you're an awesome hacker, so, I assume you can answer that: Why aren't the battles harder?
I mean, the Elite4 is extremelly easy, most of the times at least. I've beaten it in the X version with only 4 different pokemons, and they didn't even covered all the disadvantages and all that. So, why don't we see trainers using strategies? Is pretty stupid the fact that Koga is a member of the Elite 4, a.k.a. the best trainers of the whole continent using crappy teams that can be sweeped by only one Alakazam. It's annoying actually...
Is it that hard to put some trainers with Baton Passers, SkarmBlissers and all that? Or at least trainers that can switch the pokemons correctly? Is stupid to fight an grass pokemon with an water one, but that happens all the time. People fighting with Magikarps... And well...

Well, to begin with, the E4 has two rounds, so in the next the things are gonna be harder.
Then, there's the thing that I cannot throw their styles by the roof, and give let's say a super Blissey to Koga. If they want to have crappy Pokemon, then that's their problem. I just try to do what I can and give them the movesets I think can work (usually I give'em two attacks, one annoyer and if it's possible a healing move or a status inflicting move, I think that's balancing the movesets). Of course, once you dedicate to train only one or a bunch of Pokemon, or when you overtrain them, the rest will become pretty easy (that's mid opinion mid fact), and it wont matter what movesets I give them, anyway.

But, I really dont want to go too much deeper than that. Because in fact, the only way you can get competetive battles is on the DS and online. Even if I were to make super competetive Pokemon, then I'm sure the AI would mess everything... XD

@NomadSPG: I've taken note of the bugs mentioned (though it's more like tile problems, and the Ice Path untouched cave), and about the Trick House puzzle, I know there's a chance you may get stuck at that puzzle, I'm not sure if you may be refering to that (as it was said, try again, I just hope you are not getting stuck)

---

Well, not too much to say, but, as February starts, I have to start studying (if you want more info I've updated the Zel's Status section in the first post), which gives me less time for the hack (and I really want to approve early so I get more free time later), so well, I'll have less updates for the next two weeks (oh, but still, there'll be updates ;P)

hi sir tomato my password is syvniti
February 1st, 2008, 06:49 AM
.... If they want to have crappy Pokemon, then that's their problem....
Damn you made me laugf there!:laugh: Or JeJe a you say?
Can i ask some thing? How much of the intro are you gonna change?

Keyrin
February 1st, 2008, 08:17 AM
Yes, good question. The title screen is very good! No problem, I can say that. But, it gets a little boring with no animation.
I think you all know what I mean. To make Beta 6 better, you can make there be animations. Whether it be the Ho-Oh flapping it's wings, or just letting the clouds move to the "beat" of the wind.

Good luck, Zel.

jeffhardyrocks632
February 1st, 2008, 10:46 AM
thanks so much zel your brilliant could i prehaps put this on you tube?

Superjub
February 1st, 2008, 02:14 PM
Good to see this hack is stil doing well :bandit:.
Wierd bandit, lol.
Anyway, I also agree that there should be an animation on the title like fire red and leaf green but its your choice zel.

Anyway keep up the good work.
And well done and good luck ;)

ajg.dude
February 1st, 2008, 02:34 PM
I have a suggestion, zel..
what really bugged my in G/S/C was that you have to wait until you get all the way to cerulean to get a leaf/water/fire/thunder stone.
It would lower irritation levels quite a bit if there were some alternate access to the stones sometime before the E4.

+Sneasel™
February 1st, 2008, 02:50 PM
what really bugged my in G/S/C was that you have to wait until you get all the way to cerulean to get a leaf/water/fire/thunder stone.
It would lower irritation levels quite a bit if there were some alternate access to the stones sometime before the E4.

well, its a remake, there is no need to change things like that.

NomadSPG
February 1st, 2008, 02:54 PM
@NomadSPG:[/b] I've taken note of the bugs mentioned (though it's more like tile problems, and the Ice Path untouched cave), and about the Trick House puzzle, I know there's a chance you may get stuck at that puzzle, I'm not sure if you may be refering to that (as it was said, try again, I just hope you are not getting stuck)
)

I saved the data before I started this puzzle quest.
Don't remember about correct the volume of added music, Zel.

Crosell
February 1st, 2008, 03:18 PM
Personally: i dont really liek the titlescreen, the ho-oh sprite is a bit badly sprited :P thats just my opinion, it looks good though!!
but this game isn't done yet, so maybe it will be remade haha :P

dude120
February 1st, 2008, 04:11 PM
well, its a remake, there is no need to change things like that.

Well its not an exact remake there are many differences in Shiny Gold versus Gold/silver etc. I think that shiny gold is way better personally, especially B5x.

heys ever thought of using the trainer tower scripts for the virdian house? Since you threw the tower away on a lone island, might as well make use of it

I dunno about that, you wouldn't get EXP points with the trainer tower script right?

Maruno
February 1st, 2008, 04:46 PM
Hi. My first post. And firstly, I love this remake.

Now, I haven't read the whole thread, but I'll point out a quirk in the game. Just north of Cianwood City (the one you surf to) there are some smashable rocks. There are some hidden items in those rocks, namely a Revive and a Max Ether (both useful items, of course). Now, I smash those rocks, and then pick up the hidden item. The quirk comes when you walk over the square it occupied, and then try to walk over it again, or even just approach it from a different direction. You won't be able to walk through it (a feature of at least most hidden items, I think - Is that intentional?), and you'll be able to pick up another one. This carries on indefinitely, meaning you can get as many Revives and Max Ethers as you want. I don't know if it happens for every hidden item, or just those two (I've tried on the hidden Rare Candy on the west of Route 34 that you surf to, and that has no problems). Flying elsewhere, doing other things and coming back doesn't change anything.

Also, you can't fly to Cherrygrove City, but I'm sure that's been mentioned already.

Otherwise, great game! I really like the multiple rivals that show up from time to time.

JohtoMaster
February 1st, 2008, 04:52 PM
Zel, I want to point out that if you're going to make a second wave for the Elite Four, don't give any of the Elite Four's Pokemon "Protect" and "Detect" because abusing it all the time can get irritating. No offense, but none of the Elite Fours from FrLg have a Pokemon with those moves, besides Prima's Cloyster for the first time only. ;)

PKMN Hacker Souls1996
February 1st, 2008, 04:53 PM
ZEL YOU REALLY OUT DONE YOURSELF THIS TIME!
3 Pikachu's Up !
:chu: :chu: :chu:

+Sneasel™
February 1st, 2008, 05:03 PM
Zel, I want to point out that if you're going to make a second wave for the Elite Four, don't give any of the Elite Four's Pokemon "Protect" and "Detect" because abusing it all the time can get irritating. No offense, but none of the Elite Fours from FrLg have a Pokemon with those moves, besides Prima's Cloyster for the first time only. ;)

what don't people understand...its a remake!
he made it like it was in G/S/C
So its not his fault...

NOw, he's going to make another elite four, part of his ideas.

JohtoMaster
February 1st, 2008, 07:57 PM
What you don't understand is... those moves are annoying!

Bruno uses Detect rarely on GSC, but in the remake, he abuses it. DUH

+Sneasel™
February 1st, 2008, 08:20 PM
zel can't control what the AI is doing at every move!
It does what it wants to use.
If it uses detect, then your move is blocked.
Is it that big of a problem?

Archer
February 1st, 2008, 08:54 PM
What you don't understand is... those moves are annoying!

Bruno uses Detect rarely on GSC, but in the remake, he abuses it. DUH

Yeah, and lets make pokeballs never miss, because thats annoying too. [/sarcasm]

Zel said in his last post that he gives pokemon at least one support move. They are decent moves, the pokemon have them, so why not let them use the moves?

Streamlining takes most of the fun out of a game.

dude120
February 1st, 2008, 09:36 PM

I think that adding detect and protect would be a good idea. It is a challenge and since these pokemon are high-level, it make it that much harder/more fun to play(in my opinion of course).

destinedjagold
February 1st, 2008, 11:23 PM
those moves are putting the battle more of a challenge. If you are annoyed by those, then I guess don't post about the matter at all. besides, one against a million will be impossible to win.

Went
February 2nd, 2008, 12:18 AM

Actually in Dragon's Den you can get one of the stones even before getting the 8th badge by beating the three trainers there.

Where can i find the site with beta 5 on it i searched a bit already but can only find version 4

Uhhh... try the first post of this thread? (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=100537)

Pooke-Faan
February 2nd, 2008, 02:14 AM
I found a missingno in cerulean gym, by fishing with super rod :O

EDIT:In SGX version

Zeikku™
February 2nd, 2008, 05:15 AM
it's been a while since i've been on this thread :D I see your hard at work as usual, hope to see some cool new features in the new beta, i loved the sprites you inserted into this in beta 5, they game a great new feel to the game, keep it up my friend :D

+Sneasel™
February 2nd, 2008, 05:20 AM
I found a missingno in cerulean gym, by fishing with super rod :O

EDIT:In SGX version

i did too, he probably forgot to make the pokemon inside it.

Imakuni?
February 2nd, 2008, 06:02 AM
This is a great hack. I must say that I'm incredibly impressed at the amount of effort you've put into this. Aside from 1 or two small glitches (mostly just text), the game seems to be a great remake. I didnt like FRLG too much, but I must say, if this were an official game, I would buy it. I cant wait for more GSC music as for the simple fact that FRLG's music drove me up a wall. Keep up the good work.

ajg.dude
February 2nd, 2008, 07:56 AM
Actually in Dragon's Den you can get one of the stones even before getting the 8th badge by beating the three trainers there.

ohh, really?
how? does the last trainer you beat just give it to you?

Yoshimi
February 2nd, 2008, 12:13 PM
Well i haven't played it yet because i hacked all my firered roms(Just mapping) but it looks great and those flowers with the white and red are from d/p in case you haven't noticed.

And why do people whine about every little problem in the game?
Instead of telling zel about it why dont you just deal with it?
If you don't like the problems then just ignore it!
Its not that hard.
Anyways sorry for double posting zel but these guys won't get it through there thick skulls.

Superjub
February 2nd, 2008, 01:55 PM
To Ajg.dude, there are 3 dragon tamers. Depending on what order you battle them you get a certain stone (i think Water, Fire and thunder/leaf stone). You get the stone from the last one you battle.

Hope I helped :bandit: :) ;)

uglyduckling
February 2nd, 2008, 04:23 PM
I must be doing something wrong because I can't get the game to work. The screen just flashes red to black to white and back to red. I applied the patch to what I assume was a clean rom (I can't really tell) and followed the directions posted. Can someone help please? I am also using a mac which I'm guessing is probably the issue.

Team Rocket Valen
February 2nd, 2008, 06:52 PM
Wowie. I can't wait to try it out. XD

And.. Maybe a suggestion..

Perhaps if you ever get spare time, you could add an option to be part of Tearm Rocket? I know in some of teh games they ask you and if you say yes, they say you're lying.. That's what really gets me.

What if we want to be in Team Rocket? It could be an optional thing, and if you click yes you'll be an automatic Leader (as pertaining to what is said in Leaf Green/Fire Red, that with that fighting you'd be a top leader).

For all the conflicts with Team Rocket, lets say you rub them the wrong way with becoming a leader as soon as you joined.

Of course, at the end, it could be that you quit team rocket.

... :P And if you don't take this suggestion, I'll attempt to make a Team Rocket-themed hack. XD

Apple Inc.
February 2nd, 2008, 07:09 PM

Perhaps if you ever get spare time, you could add an option to be part of Tearm Rocket? I know in some of teh games they ask you and if you say yes, they say you're lying.. That's what really gets me.

What if we want to be in Team Rocket? It could be an optional thing, and if you click yes you'll be an automatic Leader (as pertaining to what is said in Leaf Green/Fire Red, that with that fighting you'd be a top leader).

For all the conflicts with Team Rocket, lets say you rub them the wrong way with becoming a leader as soon as you joined.

... :P And if you don't take this suggestion, I'll attempt to make a Team Rocket-themed hack. XD

There is already a hack like that called Pokemon Rocket's Revenge. And zel would never do that in this game as it is supposed to be a Gold Remake. However zel may do something like that in kis next hack which i am not expecting to see until like October.

StrickeN
February 2nd, 2008, 10:50 PM
The attack sets are just fine, I don't see any problem... even in G/S/C if u used fly on hitmontop he'd detect next turn to stop it (smart AI imo :p)

I can't wait for b6 and i can't wait to figure out damn celebi :p

but my first poke hit level 100! say congratz to my beast of beasts salamence :o

(yes he was very hard trained :p) you got no idea how hard it is to get a salamence fast xD
i beat e4 atleast 104 times xp
all in good fun

gl with next release!

every 1 stop *****in ;p

ajg.dude
February 3rd, 2008, 05:20 AM
errr I am having a problem with beta 5.. I patched it onto a completely clean fire red rom, but when I am in the game, whenever I press the start button, it crashes. And I can't really play a pokemon game without the start button..

Archer
February 3rd, 2008, 05:51 AM
errr I am having a problem with beta 5.. I patched it onto a completely clean fire red rom, but when I am in the game, whenever I press the start button, it crashes. And I can't really play a pokemon game without the start button..

Finally, someone that read HS's patching guide!
Do you get this issue on any other games? if not, then find another rom.

ajg.dude
February 3rd, 2008, 06:25 AM
Finally, someone that read HS's patching guide!
Do you get this issue on any other games? if not, then find another rom.
no, i dont, however..
i made a copy of the fire red rom just in case something went wrong with the patch, and after I realized the start button error, i tried fire red out, and on there the start button works fine.
there is only an error when the patch is applied..

Virtual Chatot
February 3rd, 2008, 07:03 AM
Try the Auto Patch option in VBA, it usually works pretty well without glitching, and it is removed whenever you take the .ips out of the game's folder.

uglyduckling
February 3rd, 2008, 07:37 AM
Try the Auto Patch option in VBA, it usually works pretty well without glitching, and it is removed whenever you take the .ips out of the game's folder.

Thanks, that worked. I am so happy

zel 2.0
February 3rd, 2008, 08:21 AM
Can i ask some thing? How much of the intro are you gonna change?

The titlescreen, or the one with the battle between Nido and Gengar?

Well, for the latter, I dont really want to touch that -_- (too much work for something that 9 of 10 times is skipped...)
About the titlescreen, remember that it was done by Neos, not by me. And he said that he couldn't keep the animation and the new titlescreen's layout at the same time, so I had to deal with that since then, and you'll have to do it as well. It could be possible to change the Ho-oh on the titlescreen, though. You can expect a change if you really want it.

thanks so much zel your brilliant could i prehaps put this on you tube?

Do it if you want, you dont really have to ask me for permission. There's a lot of other people who have been doing it, anyway :P

Hi. My first post. And firstly, I love this remake.

Now, I haven't read the whole thread, but I'll point out a quirk in the game. Just north of Cianwood City (the one you surf to) there are some smashable rocks. There are some hidden items in those rocks, namely a Revive and a Max Ether (both useful items, of course). Now, I smash those rocks, and then pick up the hidden item. The quirk comes when you walk over the square it occupied, and then try to walk over it again, or even just approach it from a different direction. You won't be able to walk through it (a feature of at least most hidden items, I think - Is that intentional?), and you'll be able to pick up another one. This carries on indefinitely, meaning you can get as many Revives and Max Ethers as you want. I don't know if it happens for every hidden item, or just those two (I've tried on the hidden Rare Candy on the west of Route 34 that you surf to, and that has no problems). Flying elsewhere, doing other things and coming back doesn't change anything.

Hmmm... OK, I'll see that part (probably I forgot giving those items an ID so they dont reappear). Thanks.

Well, I've read the discussion and I dont have anything else to add. Those moves will stay, because you dont have to forget my most important premise (for the X and for my extra trainers): "I want the battles to be long, even if that means annoying the player"

Well i haven't played it yet because i hacked all my firered roms(Just mapping) but it looks great and those flowers with the white and red are from d/p in case you haven't noticed.

And why do people whine about every little problem in the game?
Instead of telling zel about it why dont you just deal with it?
If you don't like the problems then just ignore it!
Its not that hard.
Anyways sorry for double posting zel but these guys won't get it through there thick skulls.

Let's let people to express their opinions and complains if they want to. In the end, everyone must remember that I am a very stubborn person, and most of the time I do things my own way and rarely I change of opinion :badsmile:

To begin with there's only one problem: that on my, Carlos', Silver's (and probably the heroes', though they wont tell it) point of view, Team Rocket is just a gang of losers, so, why would you like to join a gang of losers? :laugh:

Jokes aside, there's other people working on a TR-oriented hack, so I dont really have to step into someone else's work. And I dont like TR, except for Jessie and James...

OK, I'm still digging the game for useful stuff, and, too bad that the FR's Trainer Tower scripts are so long, complicated and they hang my scripters... ToT
Because I really want to see if I can learn something from the trainer tower, specially that thing that the trainers always have their pokes at the same level as the highest of yours, they don't give EXP and money, and some even have shinies, all of that sounds so tempting to manipulate :)
I'll keep researching some more today, and I'll start progressing once again into the adventure from this Monday (as long as I'm not studying, of course)

Well, that's all!

Krobelus
February 3rd, 2008, 08:28 AM
Good hack Zel, looking great as always!

And about the lag, that the other person mentioned, you have to patch the actual rom. When I just named them both the same and had Visual Boy Advance patch automatically, I got barely 50% speed. When I patched it after downloading LIPS, it now speeded up to about 90-100%, which actually allows me to finally enjoy it!

And I dont like TR, except for Jessie and James...

From, "your" point of view, aren't they referred to as Jess and Jamie? =P

-Krobe

rishter
February 3rd, 2008, 08:46 AM
Amazing hack Zel, just one question.
Are you planning to add Eusine into Shinygold?
I know he was only in Crystal, but I still think it'd be cool to have him in the game.

Keyrin
February 3rd, 2008, 09:52 AM
Great idea. If you're planning on having Suicune, you can have Eusine, "the Suicune Hunter" in the game.

Good luck, Zel.
Hope you consider that idea!

Giovanni Boss
February 3rd, 2008, 01:16 PM
Zel, I wanted to do a suggestion: Moon Stones and Sun stones are obtainable in wild pokémon, and Sun is also obtainable in the Bug-catching Contest, but there are a very limited number of other stones. I suggest you to make a font of these, like making someone trade them for an amount of heart scales, stardusts or other items obtainable through thief.
Instead, you could make something similar to battle tower in Viridian's Trainer House, but with a random TM/Stone as a prize, after, let's say, 10 battles, to make it harder. Unbuyable TMs as thunderbolt, flamethrower, ice beam and aerial ace[if you kept it] and fire, water, leaf and thunder stones.
Otherwise, you could make a battle points system to the battle tower.
By the way, I always get water stone in Dragon's Den[not a glitch, always defeat them in the same order], so, if I only use stones on the ones which evolutions aren't findable in the wild, I believe I still need: one leaf stone, one fire stone and one water stone to complete the pokédex[only considering the obtainable pokémon I listed].

bobpickle
February 3rd, 2008, 02:25 PM
Is the VS Seeker still functional in Beta 5
I know its been replaced with the phone card
but is there a way to rebattle old trainers

Virtual Chatot
February 3rd, 2008, 02:33 PM
Is the VS Seeker still functional in Beta 5
I know its been replaced with the phone card
but is there a way to rebattle old trainers

That is the entire point of the Phone Card, no?

bobpickle
February 3rd, 2008, 02:39 PM
That is the entire point of the Phone Card, no?

So you cant rebattle previous trainers then?

Virtual Chatot
February 3rd, 2008, 02:40 PM
What? No you can use the phone card to rebattle people...

bobpickle
February 3rd, 2008, 02:44 PM
How?
I call them using the phone booth thing, and I get some 'Hi, I almost caught a Weedle' kind of message, then when I go talk to them in person, they ask remove my # from your phone card?

Virtual Chatot
February 3rd, 2008, 02:49 PM
If you remember the original gold and silver, they called you for a battle. :3

piotrkol1
February 3rd, 2008, 05:12 PM
I'm having a problem getting shiny gold to work. I did everything I was supposed to do but when I try to start the game the screen turns yellow with some sort of glitchy letters across it and then it fades to black and nothing happens after that. Any ideas what I'm doin wrong?

Virtual Chatot
February 3rd, 2008, 05:14 PM
Are you sure you're using a Pokemon Firered Rom? Are you sure its brand new? and finally are you sure that it is the same language rom?

piotrkol1
February 3rd, 2008, 05:23 PM
Yes because before I patched the shiny gold into it i tried playin the regular firered and it worked fine and it was in english. Then it stopped working when I patched the shiny gold to it.

Virtual Chatot
February 3rd, 2008, 05:26 PM
Yes because before I patched the shiny gold into it i tried playin the regular firered and it worked fine and it was in english. Then it stopped working when I patched the shiny gold to it.

Even though its in English, you might have a European ROM rather than an American

piotrkol1
February 3rd, 2008, 06:00 PM
Ok I got it to work, now is there any way I can make the text scroll faster in game when people are talking?

Imakuni?
February 3rd, 2008, 06:04 PM
Even though its in English, you might have a European ROM rather than an American

I patched an EU rom and it worked just fine...

Virtual Chatot
February 3rd, 2008, 06:06 PM
Ok I got it to work, now is there any way I can make the text scroll faster in game when people are talking?

If you're using VBA, you could search the options for the Turbo option.

Imakuni?
February 3rd, 2008, 06:13 PM
This game plays REALLY well on my PSP using gPSP.

Also, is anyone having the issue of the Pokecenter before UnionCave glitching?

shadoweevee
February 3rd, 2008, 06:33 PM
How do you download and get shiny gold to work? I was told that you need to download pokemon fire red and than patch shiny gold to it to make it work. How do you do that?

This game plays REALLY well on my PSP using gPSP.

Also, is anyone having the issue of the Pokecenter before UnionCave glitching?

yes, It's the route 32 killing pc

Imakuni?
February 3rd, 2008, 06:36 PM

Gotcha. It crashed my emulator, so I thought it might have just been my specific emulator. Thanks for explaining this.

shadoweevee
February 3rd, 2008, 07:56 PM
Gotcha. It crashed my emulator, so I thought it might have just been my specific emulator. Thanks for explaining this.

No it's a bug in the game and it affects everyone, I never experienced myself until yesterday while I was playing shinygold on my psp. Good thing I saved recently beforehand

dotFallen
February 4th, 2008, 03:42 AM
the bug is the pc will crash if that s the first pc you go to when you restart. However within the same game session you go to violet then route 32 pc youll be fine.

But yeah the psp is really good with this. Have 3 badges no problems so far.

dude120
February 4th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Yeah theres also a killing Pokemon Center in Lavender Town.

zel 2.0
February 4th, 2008, 08:23 PM
From, "your" point of view, aren't they referred to as Jess and Jamie? =P

-Krobe

It was a reference to the Rockets of the official anime/game, just that (and my J&J are a tribute to the real ones, so... it was kinda the same thing ^^)

Amazing hack Zel, just one question.
Are you planning to add Eusine into Shinygold?
I know he was only in Crystal, but I still think it'd be cool to have him in the game.

Nope. And there are two reasons: The first is that this is a remake of Gold, not Crystal. But, the most important reason is that Suicune's event has already been implemented in the game, and, considering the event is closely related to the other two beast's event, I cannot modify the script anymore. That's why it'll remain as it is. Without Eusine (the only thing I liked about Eusine was his BGM theme, anyway -_-)

Zel, I wanted to do a suggestion: Moon Stones and Sun stones are obtainable in wild pokémon, and Sun is also obtainable in the Bug-catching Contest, but there are a very limited number of other stones. I suggest you to make a font of these, like making someone trade them for an amount of heart scales, stardusts or other items obtainable through thief.
Instead, you could make something similar to battle tower in Viridian's Trainer House, but with a random TM/Stone as a prize, after, let's say, 10 battles, to make it harder. Unbuyable TMs as thunderbolt, flamethrower, ice beam and aerial ace[if you kept it] and fire, water, leaf and thunder stones.
Otherwise, you could make a battle points system to the battle tower.
By the way, I always get water stone in Dragon's Den[not a glitch, always defeat them in the same order], so, if I only use stones on the ones which evolutions aren't findable in the wild, I believe I still need: one leaf stone, one fire stone and one water stone to complete the pokédex[only considering the obtainable pokémon I listed].

Well, there's one of each that you can get from Bill's granpa. Then one that can be gotten in the Dragon's Den. Then there are a few others at the Safari Zone. For now I think you have all that you could be needing during your normal play. If you were to need others it would be for collecting reasons, and that kind of quests can wait till the last parts of the game.
So, there's no need to rush it yet. It's fine for now in my opinion.

About the points and that thing, I have something like that already planned but for those islands things you saw before. So, I have to do something else on the T.House (but, more of that will be posted about at the end of this post)

I already mentioned the places where elemental stones could be found, I think that you'll get all that you've been looking for.

How?
I call them using the phone booth thing, and I get some 'Hi, I almost caught a Weedle' kind of message, then when I go talk to them in person, they ask remove my # from your phone card?

Because there are two things to remember about Phone Booths: 1-The rematch is a randomized event, so you need to keep insisting if you so much want a rematch (this is to prevent abuse of the rematch system). And 2-Once you get a rematch, a "timed event" is setted so you cant get rematches from other people till an ammount of time (or steps) have passed.
Rematches really require that you have a lot of patience, I really didn't like the abuse the VS.Seeker was getting... In the other hand rematches will surely be better once you get them :)

Back to the updates business, I'm really a bit frustrated because I couldn't make much with the Trainer Tower scripts researching, it's really confusing and I've seen that setvar 0x8004 0xstuff and special 0x194 so many times that I'll dream about them for a few days... That special must be something really special, so I suggest people doing scripting programs to dedicate a lot of time to research it ;P
Anyway, for now I've decided to make the Viridian's Trainer House as it was in the original. But I'll leave that as a "temporary" solution as perhaps something else could be thought about it in the future.
And with that, I'll hopefully finish with Viridian once and... till I have to return for the Gym battle...

Xiros
February 4th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Zel ur hack is great!
I haven´t played the beta 5 because i´m waiting for the final version, but i know it is great ;)
Good luck!

Giovanni Boss
February 4th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Well, I believe I've gotten all stones [but the thunder stone with Bill's grandpa, however, i'm counting with it]. If there's a leaf stone in safari zone, I'm not really sure I've gotten it, so, it still lacks stones in order to complete pokedex. Just for saying it.

Another suggestion: you could use battle tower trainers' AI with Elite 4 and/or Elite 4 round 2. This way they'll surely be better battlers. ^^

About the trainer house, you could put a random battle with Cal, Carlos, Ard, Silver and Amelia, after you have your last battle with them. I don't see Ashlee going to Trainer House, though.
At least this way we could keep seeing them.
Could you tell me more about Ard's history? He's such a mentally perturbed character that makes me want to study his motivations. I'd kind of like battle together with him.
And when he uses Pinsir, Heracross, Scyther and/or Scizor, he's going go be quite devastating.
I'd also like to see Amelia, or even Ard, beating Carlos. Amelia is my favorite rival.
Guess Ard has my simpathy, Amelia my respect, Carlos my pity and Aslee a bit of each.
You've created very interesting characters, Zel.

Went
February 5th, 2008, 07:52 AM
I support GB's idea (mainly because I was thinking on it before coming here ^^"), but Silver is perfectly in the League entrance, I think Ashlee would fit better than him.

Lolwut Kami
February 5th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Hello, I have a friend who told me about Shinygold, and I downloaded it, and began playing. Very fun. :)

Vegeta™
February 5th, 2008, 04:09 PM
how did you mate?
i have ispwin
when i open it theres
"File To Patch" &
"IPS Patch To Use"

so what link do i put in "File to Patch" ?
and "IPS Patch to Use"?
Pleae i have been waiting for almost more than 2 weeks to play

i have visual gba

zel 2.0
February 5th, 2008, 04:13 PM
The battle towers AI for the E4? No, it's not possible, because as I was explaining at another thread, Nintendo made those trainers really different as what we usually know (the way the info is stored is different and I cannot figure it out...), so all I can do is deal with the stuff we know about. Maybe I'll take a look at those guides at Gamefaqs with suggested movesets, so we can see how would they work... But I said it before... I'm sure the AI would randomly pick moves (though it seems to use certain moves better than others, as my experience tells...)

I'm not really excited by the idea of gathering all the trainers at a same place, specially if the place is really small, as Viridian's Trainer House, that's why I have other plans... Which I cannot reveal... ;P

More about Ard? What I have thought about his bios is that he was attacked by a wild Pokemon when he was little, and then a Scyther saved his life... So... Imagine how his fascination over Bug Pokemon started, which makes him stick around the places where bugs gather, and always trying to show everyone how great bugs are.
From the lineup you mentioned, it's kinda divided into the normal and X version (though I like his X's team more, obviously)

According to what I have planned (regarding rivals), there are two battles with Silver (one would be the one at the entrance of Indigo Plateau, and the other at Mt.Moon), then there's another battle with Ard, another with Amelia, and the usual J&J battle. And finally, a critical battle against Carlos (which as I suggested when I made the battle after the E4, dont forget to save! :badsmile:)

Well, I'm gonna go back to mapping the R24. I finally made it to the other side of the door of the pre-V.Road building! :D

CARLOS: WHAT! Some of those losers beating me? Yeah... You wish! Hahaha!

Tyrantrum
February 5th, 2008, 04:13 PM
yea where do you find ipswin i can't find mine.

Vegeta™
February 5th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Will someone help me, so what link do i put in "File to Patch" ?
and "IPS Patch to Use"?

yea where do you find ipswin i can't find mine.
check here
http://zerosoft.zophar.net/ipswin.htm

Tyrantrum
February 5th, 2008, 04:18 PM
The battle towers AI for the E4? No, it's not possible, because as I was explaining at another thread, Nintendo made those trainers really different as what we usually know (the way the info is stored is different and I cannot figure it out...), so all I can do is deal with the stuff we know about. Maybe I'll take a look at those guides at Gamefaqs with suggested movesets, so we can see how would they work... But I said it before... I'm sure the AI would randomly pick moves (though it seems to use certain moves better than others, as my experience tells...)

I'm not really excited by the idea of gathering all the trainers at a same place, specially if the place is really small, as Viridian's Trainer House, that's why I have other plans... Which I cannot reveal... ;P

More about Ard? What I have thought about his bios is that he was attacked by a wild Pokemon when he was little, and then a Scyther saved his life... So... Imagine how his fascination over Bug Pokemon started, which makes him stick around the places where bugs gather, and always trying to show everyone how great bugs are.
From the lineup you mentioned, it's kinda divided into the normal and X version (though I like his X's team more, obviously)

According to what I have planned (regarding rivals), there are two battles with Silver (one would be the one at the entrance of Indigo Plateau, and the other at Mt.Moon), then there's another battle with Ard, another with Amelia, and the usual J&J battle. And finally, a critical battle against Carlos (which as I suggested when I made the battle after the E4, dont forget to save! :badsmile:)

Well, I'm gonna go back to mapping the R24. I finally made it to the other side of the door of the pre-V.Road building! :D

When you face Ard, are you going to make a flashback sequence sequence before he battles you?

Vegeta™
February 5th, 2008, 04:20 PM
I have downloaded Fire Red so
so what link do i put in "File to Patch" ? Fire Red??? Or Shiny Gold
and "IPS Patch to Use"? Fire Red?? Or Shiny Gold

Please help me

Giovanni Boss
February 5th, 2008, 04:30 PM

Actually, I pictured something like: Ard battles Carlos, and is quite crushed, then, amelia comes and proofs that Carlos shouldn't be so self-confident.

I'm still thinking in how you're going to make Beldum obtainable. Guess Amelia is giving us one.

Elainia
February 5th, 2008, 04:30 PM
I have downloaded Fire Red so
so what link do i put in "File to Patch" ? Fire Red??? Or Shiny Gold
and "IPS Patch to Use"? Fire Red?? Or Shiny Gold

Please help me

For "file to patch," put FireRed. For "IPS Patch to Use," put Shiny Gold. Hope this helped!

Vegeta™
February 5th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Yeah thanks but which file do i load up i tried the fire red but it shows blank i try ips shiny gold but it says ips do not work

so what do i do Elainia

dude120
February 5th, 2008, 05:58 PM

Zel you should make a double battle at mt moon with Carlos and Silver against Amelia and Gold. That would be an awesome showdown. Just an idea, it would make for an incredibly tough battle and a fun one too.

adamfauxgluv
February 5th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Zel- I just read Smeargle's Dex entry. You are a comic genius.

Imakuni?
February 5th, 2008, 07:07 PM

What is it? I'm not that far.

Ripper
February 5th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Zel you should make a double battle at mt moon with Carlos and Silver against Amelia and Gold. That would be an awesome showdown. Just an idea, it would make for an incredibly tough battle and a fun one too.

I'm pretty sure it's not possible to create battle like that on a FR Rom, only in Emerald.

Just a quick question... There is going to be a way to get the Starters that you didn't pick, isn't there?

Also, after completing the final game, will there still be a way to have rematches with your Rivals?

One more question... Will you be going to that Secret Area you've created after, or before you beat Red? In SGX won't the Trainers you battle have Level 100 Pokemon? Likewise for Red?

Thanks!

Virtual Chatot
February 6th, 2008, 04:34 AM
I'm pretty sure it's not possible to create battle like that on a FR Rom, only in Emerald.

Just a quick question... There is going to be a way to get the Starters that you didn't pick, isn't there?

Also, after completing the final game, will there still be a way to have rematches with your Rivals?

One more question... Will you be going to that Secret Area you've created after, or before you beat Red? In SGX won't the Trainers you battle have Level 100 Pokemon? Likewise for Red?

Thanks!

Yeah I just tried scripting it, the game just crashes ( I used a clean ROM too )

ryanycg
February 6th, 2008, 05:12 AM
pokemon ShinyGold rockz dude.
Thanks Zel for creating such a very fun game to play.
oh i almost forgot thanks for all the cool new things.

shinygoldash
February 6th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Zel has already planned most of the rival events up to Red.

@ Zel:Couldn't you build a battle tower thing from fresh but with set levels?

Vegeta™
February 6th, 2008, 01:14 PM
how can i play the game someone help me

Virtual Chatot
February 6th, 2008, 01:21 PM
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=2228252#post2228252

Please, in the future ask in the Help and Questions section.

Vegeta™
February 6th, 2008, 01:29 PM
thank you very much, but do you know what is the original rom is for shiny gold?

never mind thank you i figured it out

linkinkid
February 6th, 2008, 02:22 PM
zel you're a great hacker, this rom is awesome and i can't wait for the final release....just 2 questions, are we going to be able to catch pokemon diamond and pearl pokemon(darkrai)?...my other question, in your earlier betas the graphics were great...but now the graphics are looking aged(still great) are you doing this on purpose in order to give the hack a more clasical effect?

+Sneasel™
February 6th, 2008, 02:24 PM
zel you're a great hacker, this rom is awesome and i can't wait for the final release....just 2 questions, are we going to be able to catch pokemon diamond and pearl pokemon(darkrai)?...my other question, in your earlier betas the graphics were great...but now the graphics are looking aged(still great) are you doing this on purpose in order to give the hack a more clasical effect?

1. Zel said no D/P pokemon, sorry!

2. I didn't realize the difference much, i think he just changed palletes...

Vegeta™
February 6th, 2008, 02:33 PM
where do i get hmcut? i just beat the gym leader

February 6th, 2008, 02:37 PM
where do i get hmcut? i just beat the gym leader

in the woods next to azelia town and "herd" the farfetch'd and then talk to the guy and he gives it to u

Vegeta™
February 6th, 2008, 02:38 PM
is that after you been thru the union cave or before that

February 6th, 2008, 02:39 PM
is that after you been thru the union cave or before that

you go there after you get your second badge

Vegeta™
February 6th, 2008, 03:38 PM
so how do i get the water thing that moves sudowoodo? where do i find it

Midnight Beat
February 6th, 2008, 03:40 PM

The squirtbottle, which is used to move Sudowoodo, cannot be obtained until you reach Goldenrod. Once in Goldenrod, defeat the gym leader, Whitney, and then visit the flower shop located in the northeast corner of Goldenrod. There you will find a girl who will give you the squirtbottle.

February 6th, 2008, 03:43 PM

dude just search for a gold walkthrough on GameFAQs or IGN cuz shiny gold isnt that different

Vegeta™
February 6th, 2008, 03:45 PM
wait can i still clone pokemons?

grandpokemonmaster
February 6th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Good Job, Zel, once again, good job on the Kick-Ass Game! XD I know I cursed but it was so dang necessary! Good job on the hack, and hopefully you can do one more thing for it, it needs a tile change in the pokemon centers and marts. I'm going to ask if you can edit the insides of pokemon centers and marts. Because it will be the Hack of the Year: 2008! I'm serious, it will! But you don't have to, so, good luck on Beta6 and Beta7 this year!

Maybe, I didn't do that, but go to youtube and find someone(s) video and it should tell you how. BUT!

!!!WARNING!!!
IT MAY LEAD TO DELETING YOU GAME AND STARTING OVER!
BECAREFUL!

I hope that helps!

Midnight Beat
February 6th, 2008, 04:02 PM

No, the cloning glitch was nothing more than that, it is not something that would be carried over in a remake.

Vegeta™
February 6th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Thanks i didnt try to

Anyways i just beat the ghost pokemon gym leader, my pokemons were badly hurt i came out suddenly a trainer came and challenged me and i lost, and now i cant find him, will i challenge him again
it was very suprsing specially my pokemon had 2 hp(Quilava) and he had a wartortal and it was raining.

shadoweevee
February 6th, 2008, 04:14 PM

No, you can not

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1570/6ca775a4abin5.jpg
I'll post any walkthrough (or pics, or whatever helps to avoid getting questions about the current releases gameplay) you want to do
on the game (being it about the whole game or specific parts), since I don't want an "Official" guide, anyone can make his/her own

Guides for the Original Gold game at Gamefaqs: http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbcolor/game/198308.html
Guide to dirk123's walkthrough (with edits by CrisG14: http://www.pkmncommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37737&d=1187216916
Site with Barker's walkthrough:http://www.freewebs.com/shinygoldwalkthrough/
Post with the solution to Farfetch's puzzle (by Shurikenway): http://www.pkmncommunity.com/showpost.php?p=2363558&postcount=1794
Or, try with this video JoyRide made:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRfMVRCScr4
Stop wondering where does this Pokemon can be found! SG-B5 Pokedex by Giovanni Boss (requires Excel or program able to read .xls files): http://www.sendspace.com/file/lwxl38

if you need any more help this should solve your problem

Vegeta™
February 6th, 2008, 04:17 PM
can i catch a groyvile? i seen in a shiny gold youtube vid a person had one

Midnight Beat
February 6th, 2008, 04:22 PM

Yes you can, all available pokemon locations can be found in the pokedex which is located in the help thread.

shadoweevee
February 6th, 2008, 04:23 PM

if you just read my post above you would see something like this:
top wondering where does this Pokemon can be found! SG-B5 Pokedex by Giovanni Boss (requires Excel or program able to read .xls files): http://www.sendspace.com/file/lwxl38
That will tell you where to catch ANY pokemon that can be caught in shinygold.
Next time look around for answers to simple questions you'll be surprised on how easy it is to use the search button.

Vegeta™
February 6th, 2008, 04:26 PM
kay i downloaded it but its a xls file i dont know how to open it
And what medicine does Jasmines pokemon need the amparos one?

Tyrantrum
February 6th, 2008, 04:29 PM
You need to go to CIANWOOD CITY, beat the gym, obviously get fly, and go to the house in the south part of the city and talk to the guy there. First you need surf and strength.

shadoweevee
February 6th, 2008, 04:29 PM

you don't have excel? try seaching excel veiwer on google maybe you can find something.
Edit: btw I see your not looking at my post, if you did you would see the Guide that would tell you where to go.

Midnight Beat
February 6th, 2008, 04:32 PM

As much as I'm willing as I am to help, this is a little much. I strongly suggest you download the walk through and use Excel to open the pokedex. All of your questions and more can be answered by those. Not to mention the help thread. Which can be found here (http://pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=123140&page=11).

SilencedShooter
February 6th, 2008, 04:57 PM
This is turning out great, I can't wait to play the full version. Good luck, Zel!

LiquidR
February 7th, 2008, 12:06 AM
yeah it sure did thank you now i am stuck in the team rocket hide out where there is 3 switchs that turn on, which way is the right order
neever mind i figued it out

knight, not to be rude or anything, but you're getting really annoying. All your questions are answered in the walkthrough, linked on the first page.

If you still have problems with the game, there is a special topic about the gameplay of Shiny Gold.
Shiny Gold Help Thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=123140)

@Zel,
I found some beauty errors in the game.
the statues in the 3rd gym have a wooden floor but the gym has a grass floor.

Are you going to change that later on or are you keeping it that way (not that it is annoying or anything).

The Wave
February 7th, 2008, 08:51 AM
great hack zel, I love it. the story, the remake... nintendo might be pretty suprised of this. wishing you the best luck zel!

Went
February 7th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Ah, reading Coolboyman's rant thread, I found a bug report XD So I went and checked it.
Prof Elm will recognize your Togepi, but not Togetic, so if you evolve it, you won't ever get the everstone.

Pokemaster22
February 7th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Zel is this already mentioned but when you trade Pokemon it doesn't recognize the previous owner and says "apparently met in route 28/Radio Tower? Was this mentioned or did you intentionally do this?

zel 2.0
February 7th, 2008, 06:20 PM
When you face Ard, are you going to make a flashback sequence sequence before he battles you?

I dont think we really need to tell the trainer's pasts in the game. They never told us the past of Silver or Steven, or that kind of thing, so there's no need.

Actually, I pictured something like: Ard battles Carlos, and is quite crushed, then, amelia comes and proofs that Carlos shouldn't be so self-confident.

I'm still thinking in how you're going to make Beldum obtainable. Guess Amelia is giving us one.

That's why the player's here, to kick Carlos' rear and give him that lesson :P

Hmmm... It could be...

I wonder how many times I said that Silver and Carlos are not that compatible. They'd fight between them before battling anyone else.
And dont forget that's something most fit for Emerald.

Nope, I haven't done a thing to the Dex entries, so it's Nintendo stuff (which makes me think... Nintendo makes jokes? :O)

Thanks!

Of course there'll be, at least I'm sure of how giving one of them. The other I'll think about it myself.

Probably not all of them. Give them a rest...

It's not that "secret" anymore, but, around there I want to make things more challenging.

Zel has already planned most of the rival events up to Red.

@ Zel:Couldn't you build a battle tower thing from fresh but with set levels?

As you said, I also have planned the other non-rival events as well, so probably more ideas would not be that useful here. And, I cannot really talk too much about stuff that I'm a bit ahead of. First let's finish Mt.Silver.

my other question, in your earlier betas the graphics were great...but now the graphics are looking aged(still great) are you doing this on purpose in order to give the hack a more clasical effect?

On the first betas the graphics were the FR ones, then I got bored of them and decided to change the palettes into a very sad tone of green (then I got a few complains so I made a mixed sad and not sad tone of green), and now I've retained the palettes for the grass and changed the ones for trees and added some more ripped tiles. I'm trying to get the style I like, and the current one is probably the one that will remain till the end :)

Ah, reading Coolboyman's rant thread, I found a bug report XD So I went and checked it.
Prof Elm will recognize your Togepi, but not Togetic, so if you evolve it, you won't ever get the everstone.

With Togetic it works too? I never knew about it, since Togepi was usually kicked out from my parties as soon as I got the Everstone XP. If that's true, I'll update the script.

Zel is this already mentioned but when you trade Pokemon it doesn't recognize the previous owner and says "apparently met in route 28/Radio Tower? Was this mentioned or did you intentionally do this?

It's something originally from Nintendo, I think they put that on all the traded Pokemon from another game (I guess you traded between two SGs, so it recognizes the SG location but it adds the "apparently" as normally occurs)

Updating, I finished both Routes22 and 1, which means I'm beginning with Pallet (and a few things around there), guess that'll take some time, but I just wanted to keep you informed.

On a side note to knight: Refer to the walkthroughs when you have gameplay questions, and dont get offtopic. Thank you very much.

linkinkid
February 7th, 2008, 06:24 PM
i know that this probably has been asked before but.....can you trade pokemon betwen this hack and pkmn emerald ect.?also before coming to this site i downloaded pokemon shiny gold and it was in spanish, did somebody took the time to translate it or do you speak spanish zel? de donde eres?

Virtual Chatot
February 7th, 2008, 06:24 PM
I just realized something, Zel once you finish the rest of Kanto, is that the completion of Pokemon Shiny Gold? I mean besides glitch fixes and the like.

Ruku
February 7th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Has anyone else gotten the glitch in the violet city PC and pokemart where the tiles are all messed up and you can't move or get out of it? because now I can't get the egg from the prof's aide and the kid on route 32 wont let me by even though I've beaten the gym and gone through sprout tower(another glitch?).

dude120
February 7th, 2008, 06:52 PM
I dont think we really need to tell the trainer's pasts in the game. They never told us the past of Silver or Steven, or that kind of thing, so there's no need.

That's why the player's here, to kick Carlos' rear and give him that lesson :P

Hmmm... It could be...

I wonder how many times I said that Silver and Carlos are not that compatible. They'd fight between them before battling anyone else.
And dont forget that's something most fit for Emerald.

Nope, I haven't done a thing to the Dex entries, so it's Nintendo stuff (which makes me think... Nintendo makes jokes? :O)

Of course there'll be, at least I'm sure of how giving one of them. The other I'll think about it myself.

Probably not all of them. Give them a rest...

It's not that "secret" anymore, but, around there I want to make things more challenging.

As you said, I also have planned the other non-rival events as well, so probably more ideas would not be that useful here. And, I cannot really talk too much about stuff that I'm a bit ahead of. First let's finish Mt.Silver.

On the first betas the graphics were the FR ones, then I got bored of them and decided to change the palettes into a very sad tone of green (then I got a few complains so I made a mixed sad and not sad tone of green), and now I've retained the palettes for the grass and changed the ones for trees and added some more ripped tiles. I'm trying to get the style I like, and the current one is probably the one that will remain till the end :)

With Togetic it works too? I never knew about it, since Togepi was usually kicked out from my parties as soon as I got the Everstone XP. If that's true, I'll update the script.

It's something originally from Nintendo, I think they put that on all the traded Pokemon from another game (I guess you traded between two SGs, so it recognizes the SG location but it adds the "apparently" as normally occurs)

Updating, I finished both Routes22 and 1, which means I'm beginning with Pallet (and a few things around there), guess that'll take some time, but I just wanted to keep you informed.

On a side note to knight: Refer to the walkthroughs when you have gameplay questions, and dont get offtopic. Thank you very much.
Im new to hacking pokemon roms etc so I didn't know. Just thought it would be a good idea.

Flashpoint
February 7th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Delete this Post
I erased the words to get in less trouble

moosk93
February 7th, 2008, 08:50 PM
im playing it and i named that dude with the red hair Zel. lolz. Awesome game. 100000/10

DarthSenorQueso
February 8th, 2008, 09:26 AM
1.Is koga going to be stronger in the elite four second wave than when you face him in the gym (you know 2nd time)
2.Is kanto going to be lonely in the routes youre making now (route 1)
3.Are there gonna be new elite fours
4.Where do you catch jirachi (kidding)
5.is the ss.aqua glitch fixed

1.Yes
2.It is a remake of gold there are people there.
3.No the same as gold.
4. ............
5.Yes!

StrickeN
February 8th, 2008, 11:21 AM
i'd seriously like a clue about celebi other than wishing :> ;p

Zeikku™
February 8th, 2008, 11:24 AM
i'd seriously like a clue about celebi other than wishing :> ;p

check out the shiny gold help thread:D I'm sure the clue will be there :P

Pokemaster22
February 8th, 2008, 01:43 PM
check out the shiny gold help thread:D I'm sure the clue will be there :P

NAH THE BEST PLACE IS THE TUBE owned by Google. (P.S. you've got to know what Google bought last year.)

linkinkid
February 8th, 2008, 02:27 PM
hey everybody i got one question.....if i start playing beta 5 and then beta 6 comes out....do i need to start all over again? or can i transfer my .sev file?i'm using gpsp if it makes a difference.

DarthSenorQueso
February 8th, 2008, 02:40 PM
you can but more glitchs show up..

shinygoldash
February 8th, 2008, 02:52 PM
you can but more glitchs show up..
Mainly tile and game freezes

hey everybody i got one question.....if i start playing beta 5 and then beta 6 comes out....do i need to start all over again? or can i transfer my .sev file?i'm using gpsp if it makes a difference.

I agree with DarthSensorQueso and you may miss out on extra events like i did ,cuz take for example the phone.

DarthSenorQueso
February 8th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Also wierd thngs like instint warping..

linkinkid
February 8th, 2008, 03:27 PM
so it would be better to just wait for the game to be finished so i could start playing it seriously right?and again can i trade pokemon between this hack and an original ROM?

Zeikku™
February 8th, 2008, 03:30 PM
so it would be better to just wait for the game to be finished so i could start playing it seriously right?and again can i trade pokemon between this hack and an original ROM?

yeah, that should work fine dude, even the wireless adapter which comes with fire red would work with this, which makes the experience 10 times better

JohnBoy617
February 9th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Man, I can't wait till the next Beta. I'd be nice if you can get rid of the pokemon center music from the Poke Marts. That's how it was in the original GSC series.

Zelios95
February 9th, 2008, 01:29 PM
I finished BETA 5(awesome),Iknow we're supposed to find'em ourselves but i've been searching everywhere. Zel WERE CAN I FIND CHANSEY!?

ShyRayq
February 9th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Use the Shiny Gold dex.........

EDIT by FG: Dragoon, do not bypass the 25-character limit. There is always something you can add to your post.

ajg.dude
February 9th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Argh, I can't find horsea anywhere..

Keyrin
February 9th, 2008, 02:10 PM
i believe so,yeah....but what you call beta 7 i think would be the full version.

btw:off topic but, is there any way of getting pkmn from D/P into older versions,including SG?Yup, I'm not sure if SG will finish in Beta 6 or Beta 7, but I'm sure it will finish in Beta 7, maybe it will have extra features and maybe end in Mt. Silver? I'm not sure.

Other question: Actually, yes it is. Almost every hack I know has D/P Pokémon in it. -_-

Zelios95
February 9th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Hey Zel I finished BETA 5 and the CELEBI event still hasnt happened yet,why?

ajg.dude
February 9th, 2008, 08:14 PM
he must be busy.
well I already PMed him this question, but seeing as zel is knee-deep in work, I'll ask it here. I am sorry If this is considered spamming, but I don't have excel and can't open the shinygold dex, so:
where can I find a horsea?
EDIT: I got the answer, thanks.

Pokemaster22
February 9th, 2008, 08:37 PM
he must be busy.
well I already PMed him this question, but seeing as zel is knee-deep in work, I'll ask it here. I am sorry If this is considered spamming, but I don't have excel and can't open the shinygold dex, so:
where can I find a horsea?

its in the Whirl Islands fishing or surfing.

Why don't you just open up the rom in advancemap and look for yourself?

Doesn't Advance Map have some viruses stored in it..................

zel 2.0
February 9th, 2008, 09:36 PM
i know that this probably has been asked before but.....can you trade pokemon betwen this hack and pkmn emerald ect.?also before coming to this site i downloaded pokemon shiny gold and it was in spanish, did somebody took the time to translate it or do you speak spanish zel? de donde eres?

You cannot yet, as I need to activate a flag in order to allow you to trade with the non FR/LG versions. Since trading is not really necessary, I'll be doing it at Oak's Lab, in Pallet.
And I'm from Argentina, so yes, I speak spanish, but no, that version was translated by a friend. After that, nobody wanted to take the tedious work of translating the newer versions (anyone's free to do translations to other languages if they want, by the way) I'm not working on translations because I prefer to work more on the game than delaying myself with translating.

I just realized something, Zel once you finish the rest of Kanto, is that the completion of Pokemon Shiny Gold? I mean besides glitch fixes and the like.

After Kanto and Mt.Silver there's a little extension of the adventure, and mainly the rest of the legendaries. But the next Beta only will reach Mt.Silver.

Has anyone else gotten the glitch in the violet city PC and pokemart where the tiles are all messed up and you can't move or get out of it? because now I can't get the egg from the prof's aide and the kid on route 32 wont let me by even though I've beaten the gym and gone through sprout tower(another glitch?).

Too many mistakes lead me to think in a patching or bad rom problem. Try getting a different rom and try patching again.

wait, so the entire game will be finished in beta 6?
and then polished up in beta 7, right?
also, is there a walkthrough up for beta 5?

I dont think there are walkthroughs updated with the B5 yet. Maybe there's people working on it. But, dont forget the usual Gold guides still work (with the exception for dungeons' directions)

---

So, I have finished a big part of the Pallet's event, but I still have to improve everything a little more. After that, I have to fix the Pallet's interiors and that stuff (finally I fixed that "fake" New Bark lol)

Oh, and it'd be appreciated if, from now on, you can let me answering the questions about the game myself, I think people would prefer a reply from the game's author, dont you think? :P
If it's a gameplay question, make sure to check the walkthroughs and then the Help thread before making the question, as always!
-Thanks!

Coolboyman
February 9th, 2008, 11:54 PM
Hey Zel, I got an idea. If you're going to keep the Cinnibar Island Volcano, maybe you can make it so players can enter it an explore a new cave. I think that would be fun.

Darthatron
February 9th, 2008, 11:58 PM
Hey Zel, I got an idea. If you're going to keep the Cinnibar Island Volcano, maybe you can make it so players can enter it an explore a new cave. I think that would be fun.

Yeah, thats not a bad idea at all. Perhaps a good place for a certain Fire Bird to be found?

Well zel, glad to see you are making so much progress. I hope you get the new BETA out, I'm dying a little inside everyday until it is released. :P Anyway, keep it up bro. :D Peace.

Mikey D
February 10th, 2008, 02:14 AM
Im Not askin where but what legendarys are in SG? i saw a vid on youtube saying if u get 30 hoen pokes a cave opens up in the park above goldenrod where you can catch deoxys, is this true?

Virtual Chatot
February 10th, 2008, 05:47 AM
Im Not askin where but what legendarys are in SG? i saw a vid on youtube saying if u get 30 hoen pokes a cave opens up in the park above goldenrod where you can catch deoxys, is this true?

How can that be true...When there isn't even a mountain range in Goldenrod?!

Hehe...Golden.rod

Zowayix
February 10th, 2008, 06:44 AM
I saw that video too but it is obviously fake.
The legendaries you can get in B5 are Ho-oh, Celebi, and the 3 Legendary Dogs/Cats/whatever.

+Sneasel™
February 10th, 2008, 06:50 AM
I saw that video too but it is obviously fake.
The legendaries you can get in B5 are Ho-oh, Celebi, and the 3 Legendary Dogs/Cats/whatever.

cats?
You can also get jirachi!
I'm not sure, but i think you can get lugia...i forgot though...

DarthSenorQueso
February 10th, 2008, 08:00 AM
You can also get jirachi!
not lugia thats b6!

Virtual Chatot
February 10th, 2008, 08:03 AM
Yeah, Since you can't get to Pewter in B5, you can't reach the old man and have him give you a Silverwing

+Sneasel™
February 10th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Yeah, Since you can't get to Pewter in B5, you can't reach the old man and have him give you a Silverwing

oh yeah, i forgot about that!

Oh yeah, i never finished the pokemon league, so i have a question: is lance still there, or did he make carlos it?

Kikue
February 10th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Is there a way you can learn water pulse? I can't find the tm. So is there a move tutor?

XD001234
February 10th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Zel im am a huge fan of your hack and i have seen your legendary beast battle video and there is a song that i think would suit the battle better than the one you used for their battles(not to sound like a know it all) it was a remix Nintendo made but never used in sapphire of their original theme in crystal just search suicune ruby on youtube it is the first video sorry i couldn't have been more help

poo__
February 10th, 2008, 11:41 AM
asum hack zel keep up the good work

leyth10
February 10th, 2008, 12:43 PM
where can is find strength the hm in the new beta

Virtual Chatot
February 10th, 2008, 12:53 PM
where can is find strength the hm in the new beta

If its like the way it is in Gold Version, it'll be in the restaurant in Olivine

shinygoldash
February 10th, 2008, 01:04 PM
oh yeah, i forgot about that!

Oh yeah, i never finished the pokemon league, so i have a question: is lance still there, or did he make carlos it?

No it's lance then carlos challenging you for the title.

Zel im am a huge fan of your hack and i have seen your legendary beast battle video and there is a song that i think would suit the battle better than the one you used for their battles(not to sound like a know it all) it was a remix Nintendo made but never used in sapphire of their original theme in crystal just search suicune ruby on youtube it is the first video sorry i couldn't have been more help

Zel could just look on sappy.

kevinmaster
February 10th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Hello you guys. Im new in this forum.I like that game very much.I found pokemon shiny gold is a great game.

Shwicked
February 10th, 2008, 05:06 PM
o.0 Haven't posted in here for a while...

Anyways, I finished Beta 5, and I must say that I'm very impressed. The rivals, trick house, remixed G/S/C music, and the phone booths are just awesome. I can't wait to play Beta 6! :D

AntiRellik
February 10th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Zel could just look on sappy.

Yes, it is on Sappy, but on R/S/E, not in FireRed or LeafGreen.
In any case it should be ported. It isn't remixed either, it's using the same instruments, it just sounds different because the sound engines in GBC and GBA are different.
In my opinion, that track sucks... it only has 3 Channels and its the same as in Crystal GBC. Other tracks in Pokemon GBA roms can have up to 10 Channels. Just imagine the difference of having 3 instruments compared to 8,9 or 10. Plus it wouldn't fit overall between other tracks.
Anyway, unless you completely port the track from RSE, Zel would have to change the instruments on the track to use the ones from another existent voicegroup (in other words, remix it) or either create a new voicegroup for a newly imported MIDI...

Anyways Zel, be sure to re-check the Cherrygrove song, the volume is too high and sounds like it stands out too much from the rest of the tracks of the game. To my taste, the instruments don't blend much.
It's just my opinion. I completely played Beta 4, but not Beta 5, so I don't know if you've re-inserted other tracks XD Great work though.

AntiRellik
February 10th, 2008, 06:58 PM
It's kinda spamming...
Zel himself will understand it, and so will others.
And there is nobody in this forum that doesn't speak english.
Plus... using net translator sucks. It doesn't translate it well.
Specially that part that translated "That track sucks..."
The translated part sounded a little bit porno o_O lmao

Yoshimi
February 10th, 2008, 09:42 PM
hey zel i see that you still didn't change the apricorn sprites yet.
Are you going to do that in the next beta?

Zellbeast
February 10th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Cool Hack I have bin playing this game for a while now. Sweat but can you tell use something about evolving pokemon you normally have to trade to evolve?

Hey you changed some of the sprites for the starter Pokemon. Heh, nice.

Hehe I just remembered that if you save state right before you pick the pokeball, you can try over and over without the risk of the wild pokemon healing, or dieing from poison, it's cool. Don't fix it please.

O and you have to load and save state over and over. Here it is step by step. 1 save state when you are in the poke balls pocket. 2 pick poke ball. 3 if you don't catch the pokemon load state and repeat till you catch the pokemon. saves money and poke balls.

oviedolax
February 11th, 2008, 03:17 AM
if you play beta 5 can you update it without having to restart?

kevinmaster
February 11th, 2008, 05:47 AM
if you play beta 5 can you update it without having to restart?
No. I dont think it.You have to restart the game.You cant continue in beta 5, what your began in beta 4

Da Man
February 11th, 2008, 06:30 AM
Whats the best program to view the shiny gold dex? I tried Excel 2003 but I'm having problems with it.

Heart's Soul
February 11th, 2008, 07:38 AM
I use Excel 2003 and it works fine. Just click the up button or Ctrl+F and find which pokemon you want...

Crosell
February 11th, 2008, 09:25 AM
I know you guys know the pokedex aint working, but did someone made a pokedex to see locations for some pokemon ? or do i need to ask it ?

Tenzou
February 11th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Hey there Zel! Ive been playing your hack and I must say it's something that no other rom hacker ever done. Well, I came over to say Hi and a lot of good luck for the hack. Until now, I have no things to add or criticize, so keep it up!

Giovanni Boss
February 11th, 2008, 10:18 AM
I know you guys know the pokedex aint working, but did someone made a pokedex to see locations for some pokemon ? or do i need to ask it ?

Look in the first post, I believe it's in the tourist center. It's an excel file with all locations.
By the way, there's an small correction I'd like to make: I forgot to expecify the Wingull locations. It's like this:
Route 32, Safari Zone, south, west areas.
It should be this way:
Route 32. Surf: Safari Zone, south, west areas.
Not anything big, but i'm really perfectionist. xD

shinygoldash
February 11th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Don't expect updates very soon because of zel's exams.

You have to be patient and wait while zel does his exams for beta 6.

Zel is going to make beta 6 as good as he can with a few new certain pokemon to be found...

Da Man
February 11th, 2008, 11:04 AM
I use Excel 2003 and it works fine. Just click the up button or Ctrl+F and find which pokemon you want...

Thats not the problem. Every time I open the excel file up I keep getting a error and it shuts down. Its too complex to explain clearly.

Is there another program that can open xls files?

Virtual Chatot
February 11th, 2008, 01:17 PM
this game was a challenge hope you make another version

I hope he takes a looong break once he's finished with this xD

Maybe he'll do the smart thing, and forget about hacking until after he's through college and has a steady job.

loserful
February 11th, 2008, 03:36 PM
During the part when Team Rocket invades Goldenrod`s Radio Tower , after you beat the fake director at the very top floor , & obtain the basement key , are the two pairs of people that were blocking the undergrounds suppose to leave ?
Because I got the key , but they`re not leaving , so I can`t get to the underground . D:
Help would be appreciated . :x I don`t know what to do .

AntiRellik
February 11th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Another problem I found is that I got to Mahogany Town before getting to Cianwood xD and I talked to this girl.. named AMELIA, and I was like, what the ?? who are you?Then after I beat Chuck and all that story, I understood the Amelia part XD

February 11th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Another problem I found is that I got to Mahogany Town before getting to Cianwood xD and I talked to this girl.. named AMELIA, and I was like, what the ?? who are you?Then after I beat Chuck and all that story, I understood the Amelia part XD
I may be new but even I know that that has been said hundreds of times. Ah, if only the powers of searching were widely used. Well I would like to say they besides from a few things this hack by far is better than the rest. Keep up the good work Zel.

linkinkid
February 11th, 2008, 05:27 PM
I may be new but even I know that that has been said hundreds of times. Ah, if only the powers of searching were widely used. Well I would like to say they besides from a few things this hack by far is better than the rest. Keep up the good work Zel.

yeah in my opinion the only flaw i find with this hack is that it doesn't include D/P pkmn(not even legendaries) but asides from that this hack is awesome,zel just wanted to let you know that i love the new palettes from beta 5.

Virtual Chatot
February 11th, 2008, 05:32 PM
yeah in my opinion the only flaw i find with this hack is that it doesn't include D/P pkmn(not even legendaries) but asides from that this hack is awesome,zel just wanted to let you know that i love the new palettes from beta 5.

What? That's not a flaw -_-
There are fewer than 15 hacks that actually include DP Pokemon!

linkinkid
February 11th, 2008, 06:28 PM
What? That's not a flaw -_-
There are fewer than 15 hacks that actually include DP Pokemon!

Well you're right i misused the word "flaw",i think it would best be stated as something that is missing, because even though D/P pkmn weren't originally included in Gold(obviously) i still believe that new generation pokemon should've been included in this remake as a bonus feature.The game itself is awesome so i won't complain,this is just my opinion,don't worry too much about it.

Virtual Chatot
February 11th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Well you're right i misused the word "flaw",i think it would best be stated as something that is missing, because even though D/P pkmn weren't originally included in Gold(obviously) i still believe that new generation pokemon should've been included in this remake as a bonus feature.The game itself is awesome so i won't complain,this is just my opinion,don't worry too much about it.

There is limited space in a Firered Rom, Sinnoh Pokemon seem kind of unnecessary

this game is alright but not that good, its too annoying with all the wrong directions when you turn left the shows your all the way to the right, it sucks try again.

What are you talking about? Wrong Directions?

Look if the game isn't acting as it should, its probably your ROM's fault

...and the fact that thousands of others disagree with you about the "sucks" remark

Ripper
February 11th, 2008, 06:58 PM
this game is alright but not that good, its too annoying with all the wrong directions when you turn left the shows your all the way to the right, it sucks try again.

I'm pretty sure you've done something wrong... That doesn't sound like SG...

destinedjagold
February 11th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Hmm... The game is far from interesting, it's great, but to think that you made a comment that way, I considered three facts... (1) This is a wrong thread for your intentions, (2) you acquired a bad ROM and (3) you don't support Shiny Gold.

Anyways, any updates so far, zel? :)
The music.., I can't get it rid off my mind. :D

Virtual Chatot
February 11th, 2008, 07:06 PM
The music.., I can't get it rid off my mind. :D[/COLOR][/B]

Me too, I keep catch myself whistling New Bark Town's music xD

Kikue
February 11th, 2008, 10:40 PM
I'm having problems with my rom. I went to save options and putted it to 128 K, but when I save, it says "Error: Please exchange backup memory." Can somebody help me here?

clonex25
February 12th, 2008, 12:15 AM
Me too, I keep catch myself whistling New Bark Town's music xD

You mean the Mystery Connection theme or the GSC New Bark Town theme? Nice winter-inspired map there, anyway.

I'm having problems with my rom. I went to save options and putted it to 128 K, but when I save, it says "Error: Please exchange backup memory." Can somebody help me here?

Try deleting your current SAV file, or patch to a newer, cleaner ROM (I think they have answered this a million times).
And always remember: Read H.Sotomura's thread about playing Pokemon Hacks!!! ;)

Zellbeast
February 12th, 2008, 12:32 AM

That will happen, but save state. Hold shft and press F1- F12, when you are ready to play again, click on the F you put it on. This works for Virtual Boy Advance.

yoni159
February 12th, 2008, 02:58 AM
to Zel:since a lot of people wants to no the list of hacks i have made one.i want to ask you if I can post it here?

Fendaril
February 12th, 2008, 03:42 AM
it's hilarious how I get every post deleted. W/e. Anyway I think Jagold has a point. Try making a pokemon gold exact remake yourself. It is really tuff.

trevor813
February 12th, 2008, 06:12 AM
well well well long time no see zel man this hack is getting more fun my the moment =) keep it up ;)

zel 2.0
February 12th, 2008, 07:35 AM
Hi everybody, I'm still quite busy studying for those evil exams coming up so, I doubt I'll be around (he... I even doubt I'll turn on my PC for a while... ToT)

Thing is that I really dont want to touch the exterior geography of Kanto and Johto (I like changing the dungeons' interior 'cuz I'm evil >.<), as that'd be like, damaging the remake intentions (and because I try to balance the remake and not-remake postions), but, that's when that third locations shows up (those islands posted a while ago), around there we can make a few cool things, but, considering I have mostly the rest of the game planned, it could mean that it'd have to wait (maybe for the next project? We'll see... :))

Yeah, thats not a bad idea at all. Perhaps a good place for a certain Fire Bird to be found?

Nope, because I planned a different way of obtaining the three birds, in a way that'd be a bit tiring.

False, it was someone hacking a hack... O.o

Is there a way you can learn water pulse? I can't find the tm. So is there a move tutor?

Considering Surf is in the TM/HM list, I didn't find Water Pulse as something interesting to keep on the list. And for now there are no Move Tutors.

The thing with that song is that it sounds as if it lacked some instruments, so it sounds odd (that's why I'd prefer to get a new version), I think the reasons for that oddity are explained in the next post I'm quoting.

Yes, it is on Sappy, but on R/S/E, not in FireRed or LeafGreen.
In any case it should be ported. It isn't remixed either, it's using the same instruments, it just sounds different because the sound engines in GBC and GBA are different.
In my opinion, that track sucks... it only has 3 Channels and its the same as in Crystal GBC. Other tracks in Pokemon GBA roms can have up to 10 Channels. Just imagine the difference of having 3 instruments compared to 8,9 or 10. Plus it wouldn't fit overall between other tracks.
Anyway, unless you completely port the track from RSE, Zel would have to change the instruments on the track to use the ones from another existent voicegroup (in other words, remix it) or either create a new voicegroup for a newly imported MIDI...

Anyways Zel, be sure to re-check the Cherrygrove song, the volume is too high and sounds like it stands out too much from the rest of the tracks of the game. To my taste, the instruments don't blend much.
It's just my opinion. I completely played Beta 4, but not Beta 5, so I don't know if you've re-inserted other tracks XD Great work though.

Well, I'm currently not paying too much attention to the musical part of the game, so that'll have to wait till the rest of the Beta6 is done. Once that is done I'll talk more actively with people helping me with the music tracks. For now I want to be focused on extending the game.

hey zel i see that you still didn't change the apricorn sprites yet.
Are you going to do that in the next beta?

I'm not a spriter, sadly. If anoyone's interested in making the key items' sprites...

I hope he takes a looong break once he's finished with this xD

Maybe he'll do the smart thing, and forget about hacking until after he's through college and has a steady job.

Not exactly, I still have some ideas of a probable next project, so I doubt I'll leave hacking for such a long time (though I guess a break will be needed), most likely I'll still be active helping out some of my favorite hacks, while I keep planning stuff for my next project. But... Let's not forget that I'm still working at SG, so... I gotta keep thinking on this.
If I take a very long break then most likely I'll stop liking this, so it's a bit risky...

During the part when Team Rocket invades Goldenrod`s Radio Tower , after you beat the fake director at the very top floor , & obtain the basement key , are the two pairs of people that were blocking the undergrounds suppose to leave ?
Because I got the key , but they`re not leaving , so I can`t get to the underground . D:
Help would be appreciated . :x I don`t know what to do .

Do you remember that you have to go to the Underground section of Goldenrod (the entrance is at the left of the Name Rater's house. Around there is a locked door and you have the door to unlock it.

Sinnoh Pokemon -> Overused. In fact, with the exception of Palkia and Dialga, I mostly consider the Sinnoh Pokemon not as appealing to me as the previous generations. Besides, adding them ruins the whole trading system, so I'm not gonna be using them in Shiny Gold.

The music.., I can't get it rid off my mind. :D

Maybe because it was too loud? >.<

Sadly, no updates for now. After I finish the exams coming up, there'll be a few more.

to Zel:since a lot of people wants to no the list of hacks i have made one.i want to ask you if I can post it here?

I didn't understand the same thing you sent me on your PM. What's that list of hacks you talk about? I guess it's something that's not related to this hack, so I'd tell you that no. Unless you rephrase yourself and try to write a little better.

it's hilarious how I get every post deleted. W/e. Anyway I think Jagold has a point. Try making a pokemon gold exact remake yourself. It is really tuff.

Remember that I wont do the exact remake, but once the game is released (after a few months) I'll allow anyone to do whatever they please with SG, so if they want to try to make it more exact, then you'd be allowed. My idea is that an exact remake is boring, and you can simply get your GBC and play it if that's what you want ;)

OK, out with the replying business. As you've read, I'm very busy with studying, and having to check PC only distracts me, that's why I'm gonna be closing the thread for a few weeks (at least, till March begins, as that's when my exams end). I'll also disable my PMing again (as many other times, anyway), because I dont really want to faint when I come back and check my PM box.
Well, I'm not sure if I'll do anything during these weeks (probably not, because I guess I wont use the PC for a while to avoid temptations), so, think as if someone pushed the "Pause" button.

Till March, people! Dont forget to check other hacks while I'm gone (and while I'm in as well :laugh:)

Kikue
February 12th, 2008, 07:39 AM
but when I save states, I can't save it properly when I fight against the elite 4.

So does that mean you can't learn brick break? When I fought against Carlos in Shiny Gold X, his Ampharos knows how to use brick break. Grrr... which makes me kinda mad, cuz I was planning to teach that attack to my Ampharos. I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining, but don't you think you made too many rivals? Not that I mind, but sometimes, when one of the rivals come up to me, I would sometimes have trouble remembering which rival was which. It doesn't matter anyway, I just kinda find it amusing to see their reactions when they're defeated in a battle. ^^

Christos
February 12th, 2008, 09:00 AM
The thread will be closed as zel will be busy studying, and will be re-opened whenever zel wants to.

Blazichu
April 22nd, 2008, 04:26 AM
The creator has requested his hack to be opened.

*Unlocks*

destinedjagold
April 22nd, 2008, 04:29 AM
Baka!
zel, the thread's up.
I wish to see some updates soon, okies? =3

And I wish you good luck on SG and in real life. ;)

thethethethe
April 22nd, 2008, 04:58 AM
What the? Didn't see this.
Does this mean the beta's ready or are you just teasing us? :P

Ydroj
April 22nd, 2008, 05:13 AM
super the thread is reopened I can't wait till beta 6

Sarcastic Prince
April 22nd, 2008, 05:20 AM
What the? Didn't see this.
Does this mean the beta's ready or are you just teasing us? :P

I do not think so. Moderators or Zel never play tricks do they?

trevor813
April 22nd, 2008, 05:25 AM
heheheh so it open again huh? heheh interesting ^_^

yoshi12370
April 22nd, 2008, 06:11 AM
This is a great hack! This will hold me till the actual remakes come out.

zel 2.0
April 22nd, 2008, 06:26 AM
Nope, I didnt open it because I have the Beta, mainly I reopened it because:

1-I felt like talking about the game, since a lot of time passed (and maybe other people also wanted to talk about the game)
2-Having it open will put a bit more pressure on my shoulders, and that way I'll be more focused and less distracted (except for when I have to pay more attention to Uni's business)

With that a bit more clear, the second thing to make clear is that:

1-Remember that we have the Help Thread here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=123140, so, all the questions related to gameplay (how do Pokemon evolve, what should I do next, and so on), please make them there.
2-Before we get any kind of questions related when will be the Beta released (although you know it's against the rules), in an estimation it may be around two or three months. Of course, it's merely speculation, because the many variables in life may affect and change everything, you know that.
3-I'll just repeat it the whole process to avoid white screens/problems with saving/progressing after the E4, because it's so common that I'm sure we'll get them here sooner or later. It's inside this spoiler, so please read it if you are having problems:
*If you still havent loaded the game for the first time...
-Just make sure before loading the rom, that in: Options->Emulator->Save Type, the option Flash128k is set on. After that load the rom and the game will save properly and it will continue after the E4.

*If you have already loaded the game without checking the Flash128k option...
-Close the emulator
-Search for any .sav or .sa1 generated for the game
-Open the emu and this time make sure before loading the rom, that in: Options->Emulator->Save Type, the option Flash128k is set on. After that load the rom and the game will save properly and it will continue after the E4.
-Most likely, you were using save states. Do not use those old save states!, else, they'll just load everything back to when the saving problem was. You may start using new save states after you are 100% sure the game saves and loads with the internal save and load menues.

So that's it for this first post. I'll do some update progress report on the next one. But, for now, I'll just update a few things:

1-There's a new walkthrough made by Aquilae, which I'm adding to the Tourist section, here's the link: http://www.freewebs.com/aquilae/shinygoldwalkthrough.htm, note that the lineups and levels are for the "X" version.
2-We'll have a bunch of new GSC music remixes for the next Beta, thanks to clonex25. Right now, here's a sample of the Champion (Lance) music, it's just not inserted on SG so there's still time to get some comments and if there are, critics or something to improve it (we'll read those comments so preferabily do them there if you are signed in youtube): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L1y4qRxyM0
3-And, finally, I'm currently debating myself if I should use the Mystery Dungeon sprites for the legendaries and/or common Pokemon, the problem I have is that, mainly for the common Pokemon, they may be too big in comparation with the humans' sprites. So, I want to hear your opinion as well (maybe I should stick to only use the MD sprites for the bigger Pokemon?)

Django0
April 22nd, 2008, 06:34 AM
the new champion music sounds good

Epsilon
April 22nd, 2008, 06:35 AM

1-I felt like talking about the game, since a lot of time passed (and maybe other people also wanted to talk about the game)
2-Having it open will put a bit more pressure on my shoulders, and that way I'll be more focused and less distracted (except for when I have to pay more attention to Uni's business)

1-Remember that we have the Help Thread here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=123140, so, all the questions related to gameplay (how do Pokemon evolve, what should I do next, and so on), please make them there.
2-Before we get any kind of questions related when will be the Beta released (although you know it's against the rules), in an estimation it may be around two or three months. Of course, it's merely speculation, because the many variables in life may affect and change everything, you know that.
3-I'll just repeat it the whole process to avoid white screens/problems with saving/progressing after the E4, because it's so common that I'm sure we'll get them here sooner or later. It's inside this spoiler, so please read it if you are having problems:
-Just make sure before loading the rom, that in: Options->Emulator->Save Type, the option Flash128k is set on. After that load the rom and the game will save properly and it will continue after the E4.

-Close the emulator
-Open the emu and this time make sure before loading the rom, that in: Options->Emulator->Save Type, the option Flash128k is set on. After that load the rom and the game will save properly and it will continue after the E4.
-Most likely, you were using save states. Do not use those old save states!, else, they'll just load everything back to when the saving problem was. You may start using new save states after you are 100% sure the game saves and loads with the internal save and load menues.

So that's it for this first post. I'll do some update progress report on the next one. But, for now, I'll just update a few things:

1-There's a new walkthrough made by Aquila, which I'm adding to the Tourist section, here's the link: http://www.freewebs.com/aquilae/shinygoldwalkthrough.htm, note that the lineups and levels are for the "X" version.
2-We'll have a bunch of new GSC music remixes for the next Beta, thanks to clonex25. Right now, here's a sample of the Champion (Lance) music, it's just not inserted on SG so there's still time to get some comments and if there are, critics or something to improve it (we'll read those comments so preferabily do them there if you are signed in youtube): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsvSIHS99Co&watch_response
3-And, finally, I'm currently debating myself if I should use the Mystery Dungeon sprites for the legendaries and/or common Pokemon, the problem I have is that, mainly for the common Pokemon, they may be too big in comparation with the humans' sprites. So, I want to hear your opinion as well (maybe I should stick to only use the MD sprites for the bigger Pokemon?)

Well, about the MD sprites,
i think you should use them. The proportions of mini's are never right, i mean look at the ho-oh, lugia and the legendary birds in the game, way to big!

This is just a suggestion, but maybe you can use dp-overoworld people in combination with the md sprites. There is a great guide on WAH that tells you how to 'redimensionar' the sprites, it helpt me understand HEX a bit :). But whenever i use MD sprites, i also find one problem, the colours. There are just a few palettes available for mini's.

Anyway, good luck!

Apple Inc.
April 22nd, 2008, 06:49 AM
Loving the music. The things you do are what separate Shiny Gold and Lustrous Silver.

btw, LS will be making a return soon.

pokegamefreak
April 22nd, 2008, 07:02 AM
Hey Zel,

I have a few questions for you about the game:

1. How many masterballs are there going to be in the game, because there are a lot of legendary pokemon to catch in the game?
2. Are the Hoen legendary pokemon more difficult to find then the other legendary pokemon

anyway, your hack is great

Ps: sorry for my bad english, i'm dutch

Aquila
April 22nd, 2008, 08:10 AM

-Close the emulator

1-There's a new walkthrough made by Aquila, which I'm adding to the Tourist section, here's the link: http://www.freewebs.com/aquilae/shinygoldwalkthrough.htm, note that the lineups and levels are for the "X" version.
2-We'll have a bunch of new GSC music remixes for the next Beta, thanks to clonex25. Right now, here's a sample of the Champion (Lance) music, it's just not inserted on SG so there's still time to get some comments and if there are, critics or something to improve it (we'll read those comments so preferabily do them there if you are signed in youtube): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsvSIHS99Co&watch_response

Thanks for credit, but I think you should give the credit to Aquilae instead of me...

TreeckoLv.100
April 22nd, 2008, 08:51 AM
I think you should just use the MD sprites for the bigger Pokemon. Using the sprites for the small Pokemon would look nicer, but also kinda weird comparing them with the people sprites. That's my opinion bud.

Glad to see ya back man, best wishes to you my friend.

oli25
April 22nd, 2008, 09:03 AM
Zel, why not making a poll about MD sprites ? I would like to see all legendary pokemons with MD sprites. Just look on pokemon movies. Lugi is much bigger than humans. Also Legendary beast would look awesome with MD sprites (raikou has the best one in md). But this way you would have to make arrea where they sleep bigger (I don't see any problem in it :P)...

donks232
April 22nd, 2008, 09:56 AM
is it possible to evolve a pokemon like haunter on this rom? it only evolves from a trade but i was excited about caughting gastly im not going to train if i cant get a gangar

Gerri Shin
April 22nd, 2008, 10:01 AM
yes, Haunter evolves via level. try leveling it up to around 40 or so

donks232
April 22nd, 2008, 11:32 AM
sweet thanks... yeah that will be a loong way away. one more question can i get a charmander on this game?

zel 2.0
April 22nd, 2008, 11:45 AM
Just check the Help thread whenever you have questions about gameplay, here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=123140, or check the Tourist section in the first post of this thread, as there are a few tutorials and the "Shiny Gold Dex" which may help you finding the Pokemon you are looking for.

I'll read the comments and update and all of that when I return tonight.

gameguy23
April 22nd, 2008, 12:57 PM
Dang that champion music is awesome. The thing i was looking forward to the most was wether or not that music would be in it and it sounds amazing. ive been playing the game and have been loving it Zel. Thanks for some great experiences.

sirboulevard
April 22nd, 2008, 01:23 PM
Wow the new Champion remix fits really well. Its going to be a nice addition to the game. As for the MD sprites; I have to say use them for legendaries (like Rayquaza) because the normal sprites just fail to make them appear as massive and epic as they should be. In any case, good luck with both SG and life in general.

Virtual Chatot
April 22nd, 2008, 02:14 PM
How did I notice notice this thread was opened? o.o;

Zel, I'll help around with this thread, since I'm on alot more than you are :D

Craver
April 22nd, 2008, 02:21 PM
CHe! Zel.
That's good to see at least here in CP over these assets, in order, I say that if you come to Green City and there is a disaster mapping, but nope nothing happens ... I think ... But the record that I = CRAVER, I am going to translate into Spanish the Shiny Gold ... Zel in order to say no more luck and I wish you bon voyage ...
We will in any Occasion... Suerte Papà!

dandrew3109
April 22nd, 2008, 02:39 PM
Dude, welcome back. Good luck on your next betas, they've all been awesome so far!

April 22nd, 2008, 03:36 PM
hullo zel nice hack you got there!

XD001234
April 22nd, 2008, 04:55 PM
hey zel is a remix of the team rocket hideout going to be in the next beta i really want to hear that song remixed

destinedjagold
April 22nd, 2008, 05:48 PM
elow there zel.
I was playing beta 5 earlier today, and I noticed this little glitch.
Dunno if it has been reported, but here's the video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkkU94poaD8)... :\

aaronburnsyou
April 22nd, 2008, 07:08 PM
Hey Zel, if you're still thinking about the use of PMD sprites, then here's my suggestion:

I agree with you on the fact that using them for the more common pokemon would make them look highly disproportionate to the people around them, making the only good use of those sprites for legendaries, but maybe you could also use them for the overworld pokemon that are generally already big (i.e. Gyarados, Snorlax, etc.)

Skikes_DuBois
April 22nd, 2008, 07:09 PM
hey, im new 2 the forums... and hacks in general

downloaded shiny gold 2day and havent been able 2 do anything else all day lol

i just realised i was playing an older beta of the game so i patched beta 5, but now when i hit the start button(try 2 open the menu) it crashes.... any ideas? did i patch it wrong.... should i use a fresh rom?

zel 2.0
April 22nd, 2008, 08:19 PM
So, I guess then I must stick with having the MD sprites for the massive Pokemon, then... Would that count Mew and Celebi? (because they are small, but their FR sprite are not that nice, but then, the MD ones may be too big... What would I do there?)

Hey Zel,

I have a few questions for you about the game:

1. How many masterballs are there going to be in the game, because there are a lot of legendary pokemon to catch in the game?
2. Are the Hoen legendary pokemon more difficult to find then the other legendary pokemon

anyway, your hack is great

Ps: sorry for my bad english, i'm dutch

Probably the only real need of a Master Ball would be for Entei and Raikou, as all the rest of the legendaries are not that difficult to catch. Perhaps there will be another in that case.

In my opinion, they'll be the same (in the end, they are all events), but I guess that's just a matter of opinions.

CHe! Zel.
That's good to see at least here in CP over these assets, in order, I say that if you come to Green City and there is a disaster mapping, but nope nothing happens ... I think ... But the record that I = CRAVER, I am going to translate into Spanish the Shiny Gold ... Zel in order to say no more luck and I wish you bon voyage ...
We will in any Occasion... Suerte Papà!

Gah, looked like a horrible Babelfish translation >.<

Nevermind, I know that you will be working on the Spanish translation, so I'm wishing you luck on that!

hey zel is a remix of the team rocket hideout going to be in the next beta i really want to hear that song remixed

clonex25 worked on one (I think he has it on his signature, if I'm not mistaken. If not, care to show it again, clonex?

elow there zel.
I was playing beta 5 earlier today, and I noticed this little glitch.
Dunno if it has been reported, but here's the video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkkU94poaD8)... :\

Sounds like something I wasnt reported yet. Alright, let's put another path blocker (hehehe... -_-)

hey, im new 2 the forums... and hacks in general

downloaded shiny gold 2day and havent been able 2 do anything else all day lol

i just realised i was playing an older beta of the game so i patched beta 5, but now when i hit the start button(try 2 open the menu) it crashes.... any ideas? did i patch it wrong.... should i use a fresh rom?

Yes, use a fresh rom, because patching over already patched roms will surely lead to problems.

Alright, now, in terms of updates, let me do a review about stuff that is finished, stuff that is planned and, and stuff...

*In terms of storyline, all the mapping and scripting is complete. The only thing that is left is touching the levels of the Pokemon for the second round of the Elite4 (I havent taken the game so seriously to have a good idea of which levels should I give them, but most likely, as the second round is supposed to be optional, expect it to be high... no, not lv100!)

*Speaking of the second round, let me tell you that I've read some strategies guides, so I put good moves combinations (some of the elite4 will have some new Pokemon as well), let's hope they wont so stupid of using them wrong. Gah, AI will mess with everything, I'm sure of it >o<

*Reviewing, you'll be able to catch 2 legendary Pokemon (one is the obvious Lugia, the second I cannot tell you), besides, there will be the appearance of two more that cannot be caught yet.

*As you have seen, there will be some more GSC music tracks, I doubt we'll have them all (in fact, I wouldnt want to have them all inserted yet), probably some of the tracks that I inserted on the B5 will be removed.

*I still havent started the Beta testing and the bug fixing, but I want to have less bugs than in B5. Besides, with Advance Map 1.9 (which I'm still not using, as I dont see it too stable yet) some of the bugs can be gotten rid of.

*It's not really important (to me), but there will be the possibility of trading with RSE, after speaking with Oak and letting him register you as a "Professional Trainer" (keep in mind that you may deny and the chance wont be given again)

*And then, there's the stuff that I still have to work on before starting with the Beta testing phase, which are the thinking of two or three more puzzles for the Trick House, and a few mini games to waste some playing time. About the mini games I'll mention more in the future, as I have done some already while some others I have a good idea of how to make them, and there may be one or two that I'm still not sure how to do it, but the idea's there.

Phew... That's all I had for the update report. Now you should wait till I work a bit more and I'll be showing a few screenshots or talking about game's stuff from time to time.

aaronburnsyou
April 22nd, 2008, 09:28 PM
So, I guess then I must stick with having the MD sprites for the massive Pokemon, then... Would that count Mew and Celebi? (because they are small, but their FR sprite are not that nice, but then, the MD ones may be too big... What would I do there?)

After reading this post, I actually took the time to compare the MD sprites of Mew & Celebi with their FR counterparts, and the size of each one are are quite relative to one another, so using those sprites shouldn't be a problem for legendaries like Mew & Celebi.

Well, as far as the rest of the project goes, I bestow upon you any luck that I don't need (meaning pretty much all of it), and I pray that you don't have any heart attacks over the amount of posts you'll likely be getting in this thread.

Cid
April 22nd, 2008, 09:31 PM
This is a really nice hack, Zel! So, do you plan on finishing it?

Dan13x
April 22nd, 2008, 10:41 PM
Hey zel, I love the Champion Battle Music.

And Shiny Gold is so awesome!

sirboulevard
April 22nd, 2008, 10:56 PM
*In terms of storyline, all the mapping and scripting is complete. The only thing that is left is touching the levels of the Pokemon for the second round of the Elite4 (I havent taken the game so seriously to have a good idea of which levels should I give them, but most likely, as the second round is supposed to be optional, expect it to be high... no, not lv100!)

*Speaking of the second round, let me tell you that I've read some strategies guides, so I put good moves combinations (some of the elite4 will have some new Pokemon as well), let's hope they wont so stupid of using them wrong. Gah, AI will mess with everything, I'm sure of it >o<

I think the E4 should have levels 60-high 70s like FireRed's E4 did. Thats not going overboard, Red is still the best challenge in the game and you could try adding a bonus to it like double money or a spare Master Ball.

Also, since trading with R/S/E isnt a priority, is there going to be an event for Groudon and Kyogre that involves Brendan and May? Their sprites are in the game for the Multi-player capacity, but it would be nice for them to show up to help lay the foundation for that event and to battle trainers just beneath or equal to Red's ability (and it wouldn't waste sprites).

clonex25
April 23rd, 2008, 02:35 AM
clonex25 worked on one (I think he has it on his signature, if I'm not mistaken. If not, care to show it again, clonex?

It's still there, zel. Unless I've accidentally removed the file.

To SG guys out there: I'm still working out on the other themes. I'm glad that you've commented in my YouTube vid. This inspires me to have better works. If you want to hear some of my remixes (formally called arrangements), PM me and I'll give you the links.

ErickaVolt
April 23rd, 2008, 02:48 AM
LOL..... I remember removing the stones at the Saffron City, after I got annoyed and can't get passed lol.....

mario (oiram)
April 23rd, 2008, 05:14 AM
hi
i we patched the game with smartIPS an i started it in No$GBA 2.6a
and i can't go downstairs in in the start of the game (my room)
and when i press enter/start button i get an error:
"image room crashed"
plz help me i wan't to play this game

(sry for bad english)

EDIT: can somebody send me a patched version that works plz

Sarcastic Prince
April 23rd, 2008, 06:33 AM
hi
"image room crashed"

(sry for bad english)

Do it in a VBA. And patch with Lips IPS. The results will be better. BTW, this thread is not for asking simple questions like this. *Reports*

Skikes_DuBois
April 23rd, 2008, 06:34 AM
hi
"image room crashed"

(sry for bad english)

i had the same prob when i patched beta 5.... i was using no$gba also, looks like this beta doesnt work with that emulator becus when i tried it on vba it worked fine.

shadoweevee
April 23rd, 2008, 06:39 AM

He's almost done already

I vote you use MD sprites they'll look better

Da Man
April 23rd, 2008, 11:45 AM
Whoa only just found out that the topic re-opened. I like the sound of the new updates, and the music that clonex25 is making :).

oli25
April 23rd, 2008, 01:10 PM
About smal legends. Imho they should stay the way they are in FR. Only bigger legends like: lugia, ho-oh, legendary dogs needs MD sprites. Dunno about legendary birds...

XD001234
April 23rd, 2008, 03:02 PM
thanks for the reply zel cant wait until you finish your hack and why are some of the remixes being removed personally I thought they were great

warxend_1989
April 23rd, 2008, 05:55 PM
yay zel is back. great 2 see you are alive and well. i have just one question though,
will the pre-evolutions and evolutions of pokemon that are in this game but didnt enter the series until diamond and pearl be in this game. E.G : happiny, yanmega, magmortar etc.

if not it doesnt matter but in my oppinion it would make the game more realistic

shadoweagle89
April 23rd, 2008, 07:29 PM
I'm pretty sure there won't be D/P pokemon, considering its a hack of FireRed, and is supposed to be a remake of Gold/Silver.

sirboulevard
April 23rd, 2008, 07:32 PM
Zel, do you still need someone to do sprites for stuff like the Apricorns and the GS Ball? Cause I have sprites for those items (see attached) and Im willing to help with any others you need. Im sorry if the apricorn doesnt quite look right, Im still working on them.

Edit: I've added the Apricorn source material as well (since the only time an apricorn was seen was in the Anime thats what it's based on)

Yoshimi
April 23rd, 2008, 08:05 PM
well don't acorns have little points at the end?
your acorn looks more like an eggplant but it still looks pretty good.
The G.S ball looks great so i can't complain.
but you should've kept the thread closed until there were big updates.
Too many people are starting to spam here now.

Pinky Diaper
April 24th, 2008, 01:43 AM
Wasn't the GS ball event already made? I mean you can get celebi.

I can haz haxburgrz?
April 24th, 2008, 02:17 AM
yes but he is changing it to that of gold/silver not fire red.... :p (at least i think there is one in fire red....) i dunno but hes using gold/silver's gs ball event..

Superjub
April 24th, 2008, 02:52 AM
About the small legends, for celebi I dont know but for mew couldn't you use his emerald sprite?

SpartanMalice
April 24th, 2008, 03:53 AM
I just wanna say i really love this Hack, in fact it's the best one i downloaded off here IMO. Cheers to Zel and everyone who contributed in making it, it's one of the enjoyable games i played. It's so different that you can't really tell its a hack (Not very sure about that), so kudos to you for that. I couldn't comment on this earlier since it was closed. Good luck on the next beta/finishing the game, I'd really like to go farther than Saffron City.

S-PSP N00B
April 24th, 2008, 08:08 AM
Im verry in pressed
You do a nice job
keep up the good work

Its fun to play this game on my psp
with GPSP
Its almost like a GBA

Like I sayd B4 Keeping going
^^ ......

1 Question .....
Whats shiny gold X ?
if I may Ask .......

Sorry that I ask/say
THere is a healing problom @ Lavender town .....
Im am wondering how manny Peeps got that .....

Gerri Shin
April 24th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Shiny gold X is basically the same as the normal Shiny gold except that Zel has gone in and raised the levels of the trainers pokemon to make the game more challenging for those who feel he regular game is too easy.

Zeikku™
April 24th, 2008, 08:36 AM
why are guys posting sprites?
if zel needed them he would ask....

nice to see you back zel, continue your amazing work!

shinygoldash
April 24th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Zel, are we gonna expect a lot of surprises in B6?

Cool Champion music, I can't wait for the Elite 4 music and the gym leaders in both region.

zel 2.0
April 24th, 2008, 10:47 AM
First thing is: Dont worry about item's sprites. It has never been a priority, and it'll be probably one of the last things to change in the last release. So, dont post anything on the thread, and, if you want to show me anything, just do it in a PM.

The second thing (mainly for the new people) is that you should remember there's a FAQs section in the first post, with all that has been commonly asked in the hack's history (imagine a lot of stuff asked and answered there). Reading the FAQs will surely help you getting rid of some of your questions.

If I wouldnt, I'm sure a lot of people will somehow find me and force me to... :P

I think the E4 should have levels 60-high 70s like FireRed's E4 did. Thats not going overboard, Red is still the best challenge in the game and you could try adding a bonus to it like double money or a spare Master Ball.

Also, since trading with R/S/E isnt a priority, is there going to be an event for Groudon and Kyogre that involves Brendan and May? Their sprites are in the game for the Multi-player capacity, but it would be nice for them to show up to help lay the foundation for that event and to battle trainers just beneath or equal to Red's ability (and it wouldn't waste sprites).

70s doesnt sound bad. I guess I'll have to see it. In any case, let's not forget that the members of the E4 (and even Red) will not be the strongest trainers in the game (in the end)
Most likely a Master Ball event will be added as one of the last things to get in the final release (following the Nintendo way: get the best stuff just when the game is over... lol)

About the Groudon and Kyogre, not much cannot be revealed, but, Brendan and May dont have sprites currently (because I replaced them with other sprites, which I think has been a mistake now... I'll have to sacrifice other sprites to make them return... Gah, all of that because of the trading with RSE... Whatever...), anyway, since they dont play any role in the game, the Groudon and Kyogre event will be a bit more different. That's as far as I can tell.

why are some of the remixes being removed personally I thought they were great

I was more like refering to some of the temporary music tracks that I've used from RSE, like, the current BGM Lance has (which is gonna be replaced by the one clonex made), it's not like there are a lot of slots for inserting music. Or maybe... I think not.

yay zel is back. great 2 see you are alive and well. i have just one question though,
will the pre-evolutions and evolutions of pokemon that are in this game but didnt enter the series until diamond and pearl be in this game. E.G : happiny, yanmega, magmortar etc.

if not it doesnt matter but in my oppinion it would make the game more realistic

Nope, because DP Pokes wont be added, no one, at all.

About the small legends, for celebi I dont know but for mew couldn't you use his emerald sprite?

I dont remember how its Emerald sprite looked, but if it looked like the FR one, then it sucked. Anyway, I'll be talking about that at the end of this post.

but you should've kept the thread closed until there were big updates.
Too many people are starting to spam here now.

As I said when I reopened the thread, I wanted to reopen it because I felt like talking, and probably people would want to talk as well, besides I needed it open to feel a bit more of pressure (else, I'll just goofing around). That's why if there's spam, just use the little "Report Post" button and let mods take care of the spam, that's their job, isnt it?

Zel, are we gonna expect a lot of surprises in B6?

Cool Champion music, I can't wait for the Elite 4 music and the gym leaders in both region.

Let's see... Maybe, though most of the good stuff will surely come in the final release (with a whole new region, the catching of the rest of the legendaries, and a few new field moves).
I'll just put most of the stuff I've thought through all this time. Although, probably I should reserve some ideas for the future ;)

So, I just edited some OW palettes and now I will start touching a few overworlds to make room for the legendaries that will show up on the field. All the legendaries will use the MD sprites, even Mew and Celebi (I'll just touch them a bit, removing a few pixels, to make them a bit less big, compared to the hero), so with that, concludes the whole MD thing.

That's all for now. But I'm gonna rewrite my list of stuff to do in the Progress Report section in the first post, check that out to have a small idea of how much I need to before releasing the Beta (just an idea, because I cant tell how much time I'll be busy with that, and with the rest of my life in the middle...)

oli25
April 24th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Any progress in getting hero new sprites (ow and battle ones)? I remember you said someone was working on them.

I can haz haxburgrz?
April 24th, 2008, 01:41 PM
please dont change the hiro sprites i will be appauled!!! infact i will replace them back with the old ones in my personal copy if you do.......*huffs*

Erimgard
April 24th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Glad to see this open again Zel :]
I'd suggest just using the MD sprites for the large/legendary pokemon.

Antwhan
April 24th, 2008, 06:10 PM
mate? where have you been? sometimes u need to realize that zel works quite hard and has been working a long time on this hack, u seem an intelligent person however, so i'll make this blunt.

The hack is clearly a hit already and he is giving it his all. And there is no sight of "Official" 2nd gen remakes from nintendo. Believe me mate, I keep tabs on all things gaming and nintendo will most likely remake them someday but there isn't any signs atm

DarthSenorQueso
April 24th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Well Now i can play again.YAY!

SilentWing
April 24th, 2008, 08:06 PM
The game is already quite a hit, obviously. And zel has addressed the volume issues (right zel?) :)

I do like the Champion music quite a bit, myself.

zel 2.0
April 24th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Yo guys, dont start bashing into other people because they posted their opinion. Because that kind of attitude later makes other people think bad of the supporters of this hack. I have learned to listen to all kinds of critics, so you should as well. I'll reply showing my point of view during this post.

@oli25: I need to catch up with Marnic on msn (I havent been using it often), I'll tell you by then, but in the end, it would be no problem to wait till the final release.

@darfurby: The only problem is in the fact that after allowing everyone to use them, I'm starting to feel like it would be good to change them. Yeah, I know I did them myself and I'm a little proud on them, but still, seeing them on other hacks is enough to still be proud... :P

@Erimgard: Yeah, I'll be using the MD sprites in the end.

@GeorgeLama: Alright, I'll give you my answer to your 3 and 4, and in my opinion it's very logical:

Who says I want to compete against Nintendo?

They are a whole company with hundreds of people dedicated into this, while I'm just a guy (who receives the help of a bunch of people) and does this for a hobby. Who wins in the end? They, of course, as they have the resources and the motivation (money) for doing their work as perfect as it can in order to satisfy the masses. I will keep on doing stuff in my unperfect way, trying to improve, but not getting crazy about perfection. That's my motto.

I hope that with that, 3 and 4 are answered for you. Now, about the other things, I think I said it clearly when I released the Beta: I still dont have enough experience in the musical department to make them sound good. Luckily, clonex does have it, and he'll help me from now on. The music will no longer be a problem.

Whatever about Elm, so far the game is in Beta stage, sprites replacement can wait. That's what Betas are about, incomplete stuff released mainly for testing (and feedback) reasons.

With that covered, please dont fall into discussions about if Nintendo will release a remake or not. It is not the intention of the thread.

I just finished preparing the overworlds for insertion (with just three OW palette changes I covered all the legendaries colors. Weird, huh? but I promise they look as nice as in MD, in terms of colors). Now I need to touch the sizes of some overworlds, and prepare some slots of unused overworlds for the future additions *like Johto Gym Leaders*
It's not much, but that's what I can tell so far for an update. I had to do a few things today, so I couldnt do much, sorry.

Ripper
April 24th, 2008, 09:19 PM
We should challenge Nintendo to a winner-takes-all duel.

*Takes out gloves*

Will the new Region be released in one Beta or will it be like anywhere else and split up into two or three?

Are you intending to have anymore anime influence? I've noticed small ammounts (eg. Ashley, Team Rocket) but I was curious whether there would be anymore.

Keep Hacking :)