PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

simplynaruto
April 25th, 2008, 12:02 AM
This threads over 2000! (vegeta refrence to its over 9000!)

Anyweh new ow, new music I cant wiatfor beta 6 but the longer you wait for th meal and the longer you salivate for it the tastier it gets. In other words the beta will rock

clonex25
April 25th, 2008, 03:49 AM
Hey, zel. I have an idea to maximze the music slots in FireRed.

Instead of using three songs in the Intro Message part of the game, use only one, and I am suggesting the GSC Menu Theme for that.

LiquidR
April 25th, 2008, 04:08 AM
Zel, I'm glad that you're back with your hack. I really enjoyed your previous BETA games.

I hope that this hack will be finished soon.

Good luck

super onii chan
April 25th, 2008, 04:10 AM
i cant get my shiny gold rom to work..i got the gba emulator wats happening?

yoni159
April 25th, 2008, 05:10 AM
try setting it to 128K flash

XD001234
April 25th, 2008, 07:18 AM
mate? where have you been? sometimes u need to realize that zel works quite hard and has been working a long time on this hack, u seem an intelligent person however, so i'll make this blunt.

The hack is clearly a hit already and he is giving it his all. And there is no sight of "Official" 2nd gen remakes from nintendo. Believe me mate, I keep tabs on all things gaming and nintendo will most likely remake them someday but there isn't any signs atm
no sight you have to be kidding me you havent heard about the region programming diamond or any of the other evidence like the name copyrighting

zel 2.0
April 25th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Will the new Region be released in one Beta or will it be like anywhere else and split up into two or three?

Are you intending to have anymore anime influence? I've noticed small ammounts (eg. Ashley, Team Rocket) but I was curious whether there would be anymore.

Keep Hacking :)

After the B6 which leads to Mt.Silver, the next release, which is the final, will contain this new region (dont hope for much, if you remember it was just two islands, well, the next release only uses one of the two islands)

About anime references, maybe, maybe not, it'll depend on the moment, that's the thing/problem of not having everything planned as if it were a movie script (which is something I'll do next hack), it may also depend on the location.
But, in terms of new rivals, there wont be any more anime references.

Hey, zel. I have an idea to maximze the music slots in FireRed.

Instead of using three songs in the Intro Message part of the game, use only one, and I am suggesting the GSC Menu Theme for that.

But, still, the game would play the tracks that are replaced there instead, so when you press the button to start the Oak intro, that changed music would start to sound briefly before switching to Oak (changing that gives me the impression of requiring ASM)
But I think there are more slots, somewhere. Lets not worry about that for now, once I get stuck we'll see...

jeffrey222233
April 25th, 2008, 08:06 PM
i cant w8 to play the b6..gud work bro..

RayquazaLord
April 26th, 2008, 08:21 AM
i cant get my shiny gold rom to work..i got the gba emulator wats happening?

The Shiny Gold file isn't a ROM. It's a patch. You need an original FireRed ROM to use the patch. There's a link in the first post of this thread that tells you how to get it to work.

DarkReborn
April 26th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Hi to all, this is my first post in these forums, but actually I'm an Admiral in terms of Forums :D

First, I would like to congratulate Zel for this incredible hack. I've played a lot hacks (going back to that excellent Pokémon Red hack, Pokémon Brown I think it was named), and this is, by far, one of the best ones. G/S/C is one of my favourite Pokémon generations (My favourite feature overall was travelling from Jotho to Kanto, in the same game and seeing how much, or how much little, has changed all). You (and the people who helped you) have done a great work here, translating the G/S/C feeling to the new R/S/E/RF/GL Engine + adding some new things that spice up the already great game experience. Even if it still is an incomplete beta, it's a great work. I'm really looking forward the next beta and finally beating up Red's ass.

Sorry if I'm going a bit fanboy here, but this is a great work and I encourage you to continue it, while of course, paying more attention to your studies/personal life, that's far more important.

Lady Berlitz
April 26th, 2008, 01:00 PM
First, I would like to congratulate Zel for this incredible hack. I've played a lot hacks (going back to that excellent Pokémon Red hack, Pokémon Brown I think it was named), and this is, by far, one of the best ones. G/S/C is one of my favourite Pokémon generations (My favourite feature overall was travelling from Jotho to Kanto, in the same game and seeing how much, or how much little, has changed all). You (and the people who helped you) have done a great work here, translating the G/S/C feeling to the new R/S/E/RF/GL Engine + adding some new things that spice up the already great game experience. Even if it still is an incomplete beta, it's a great work. I'm really looking forward the next beta and finally beating up Red's ass.Heh, not to ruin your long post with a short one, but everyone that has stayed at this forum for a while knows that. This is probably one of the best hacks out there. Zel has added many new graphics, new scripts, and new features.

I think Zel is aware that most people think what you've just said. :x

NidoodiN
April 26th, 2008, 04:48 PM
In trick puzzle IX, I found a way to get stuck forever...except I haven't played that part in awhile so I forgot how it works exactly. I think it involves using the warp tiles so that you can't backtrack because there's a cuttable tree in the way of a pushing boulder that you'd need to cross to get back, or something like that. Anyone else ever run into such a situation?

Also, I notice there was a way to cut half the Victory Road short; when you reach the area where you'd normally fight the rival (and should go south and down the ladder on the first trip), instead you push the right boulder up and break the rock, then push the left boulder back left far enough until the right boulder's position resets; the rock will still remain broken, however. Then push the right boulder to the right and then reach the exit.

Chuck's Poliwrath in the X version also seems kind of low levelled compared to the rest of the opponents you fight.

Shiun Enshidia
April 27th, 2008, 03:29 AM
It's fantastic. Shiny Gold is back. Perhaps the only reason I'm still here.
Please continue to work. At the moment, your the only one who will answer the dogs of fans screaming for an updated G/S.

nxt gen trainer
April 27th, 2008, 07:05 AM
hey zel something happened to the tm/hm case when i checked it in azalea town........there are lots of "?" marks and wierd stuff........then when i try to exit the bag the whole game goes crazy and random things appear........please help me find a solution

tImE
April 27th, 2008, 09:32 AM
hey zel something happened to the tm/hm case when i checked it in azalea town........there are lots of "?" marks and wierd stuff........then when i try to exit the bag the whole game goes crazy and random things appear........please help me find a solution

Actually, this is often caused
by Gamesharking/Action Replaying in
Firered Hacks, At least it has happened
to me some times :P

The updates are looking great Zel,
The first 5 Betas, were great and I expect
as much from the 6th (that is coming soon I hope)
Keep up the good work ;)

//44tim44

JJK
April 27th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Suberb, it must be said. (ups, sorry drake)

Just some questions:
1-Although u dont need 2 trade 2 evolve, CAN we trade from FR\LG\R\S\E or even SG to SG ?

2-Can it be played in vbagx?

3-Can it be said the all 386 r present if we cant get them (mew & jirachi dont count as answers)?

4-zel could u put a "POKE SLOWPOKE WITH STICK" attack in the starters? plz?

5-I know this takes time but will we be able to play the final version as boredom killer in the new school year (plz my grades need decreasing)?

RED ULL BURN IN... ahhhh... GOLD! SHINY GOLD! YEAH THATS RIGHT! DONT CRY! (sorry...)

shinygoldash
April 27th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Are we gonna see any legendary events linked with a rival or whatever( townsperson.)

Are we gonna see hyrdo cannon for the starters.e.t.c

^^
1- Not rse until b6.

2- I dunno.

3-I think so.

4-Zel's just gonna have normal attacks.

5- Real life is more important.

JJK
April 27th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Are we gonna see any legendary events linked with a rival or whatever( townsperson.)

Are we gonna see hyrdo cannon for the starters.e.t.c

^^
1- Not rse until b6.

2- I dunno.

3-I think so.

4-Zel's just gonna have normal attacks.

5- Real life is more important.

just joking... but now really i know its hard 2 predict but can we have the final v in august?

i tried it in vbagx (wichby the way its a emu for mobiles) it runs but doesnt save
zel since u stated that ure going thru the game with save states ONLY can u make it possible to go thru the ENTIRE game that way?

Platinum Lucario
April 27th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Maybe someone might make an in game clock editor for fire red.

Ripper
April 27th, 2008, 03:50 PM
just joking... but now really i know its hard 2 predict but can we have the final v in august?

i tried it in vbagx (wichby the way its a emu for mobiles) it runs but doesnt save
zel since u stated that ure going thru the game with save states ONLY can u make it possible to go thru the ENTIRE game that way?

No, you can't beat the E4 unless you have the ability to use normal saves. The final beta will almost certainly no be ready in August. Also, try to refrain from asking for release dates, you'll never get them

Espreon
April 27th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Also, try to refrain from asking for release dates, you'll never get them

True.

I wish people would stop asking for them, the reason why lots of products are so shoddy like Windows Vista (it had an enormous amount of bugs) and similar things is probably due to the fact they give release dates. Thus they have to rush to meet the release date, heck Kraid could have been in Metroid Prime (he was planned to be in it) but there wasn't enough time; probably because they gave a release date. Without release dates products are a lot better, besides even if this principle was all false release dates can't be given for hacks and open source projects because the authors do these things on their own spare time and not for a living.

pyroboi3290
April 27th, 2008, 07:38 PM
you sir a god to me right now i have been wanting a gsc remake so badly glad i took the 20 in or so to find everything and get it set up im off to lvl mah cyndayquil

Percival
April 28th, 2008, 12:00 AM
I hope you got and read my pm Zel, and not just discarded it as a 'fan mail'

anyway I would like to offer my help in mapping and spriting...so whatever you need, I can facilitate...

the hack looks nice, but I see several (minor) errors, when I can post images Ill show them

JJK
April 28th, 2008, 02:20 AM
No, you can't beat the E4 unless you have the ability to use normal saves. The final beta will almost certainly no be ready in August. Also, try to refrain from asking for release dates, you'll never get them
Seriously i know how hard it is to predict if u cant\dont want to give no problem i agree there should be no rush to finish this it was just if u COULD give it
Anyway it would be great if zel could test it on a VBagX 1.20(its a symbian emu for mobiles) and to allow it to save there (no problems in vba)
The strangest of all is that R\S\E\FR\LG run smoothly (well, no earthquake or magnitude animation but whatever) and they save as well

Teh Baro
April 28th, 2008, 03:10 AM
Seriously i know how hard it is to predict if u cant\dont want to give no problem i agree there should be no rush to finish this it was just if u COULD give it
Anyway it would be great if zel could test it on a VBagX 1.20(its a symbian emu for mobiles) and to allow it to save there (no problems in vba)
The strangest of all is that R\S\E\FR\LG run smoothly (well, no earthquake or magnitude animation but whatever) and they save as well
It all depends on the save type you use, you have to set flash 128 BEFORE playing the game.
Actually most gba games work on 128, although some require 64.

zel 2.0
April 28th, 2008, 06:57 AM
In trick puzzle IX, I found a way to get stuck forever...except I haven't played that part in awhile so I forgot how it works exactly. I think it involves using the warp tiles so that you can't backtrack because there's a cuttable tree in the way of a pushing boulder that you'd need to cross to get back, or something like that. Anyone else ever run into such a situation?

Also, I notice there was a way to cut half the Victory Road short; when you reach the area where you'd normally fight the rival (and should go south and down the ladder on the first trip), instead you push the right boulder up and break the rock, then push the left boulder back left far enough until the right boulder's position resets; the rock will still remain broken, however. Then push the right boulder to the right and then reach the exit.

Chuck's Poliwrath in the X version also seems kind of low levelled compared to the rest of the opponents you fight.

I know that there are at least two stucking paths on one of the Trick House puzzles (the one you mention), and there's another one on Victory Road (jumping down a ledge and not having Strength), and probably there are some more. That's why if anyone finds any other, just let me know. It's not easy to think on non-trapping puzzles, seriously.

About the shortcut, I'll see how that can be avoided (most likely, making so that you cannot push the boulder to the left too far)

Hmmm... I dont know about Chuck's Poliwrath... Looking back, maybe you're right.

I always say, I never use any kind of cheat codes, and I rarely use the ingame save function (unless it's the auto saving on the E4), maybe that's the safest way to play the hack. If not, then it's probably rom-patching problems.

Just some questions:

Well, your questions were already answered, I just wanted to confirm you that ;P
(But, I dont know about that vbagx, so... Anyway, who's crazy enough to be playing a hack on his cell phone? :laugh:)

Maybe someone might make an in game clock editor for fire red.

I doubt it...

I hope you got and read my pm Zel, and not just discarded it as a 'fan mail'

anyway I would like to offer my help in mapping and spriting...so whatever you need, I can facilitate...

the hack looks nice, but I see several (minor) errors, when I can post images Ill show them

First, I dont have any PM in my box currently, so I havent received anything from you (send it again, because I always read everything that comes, and most of the time I reply to everything if I have some time)

In any case, I still dont need spriting help, because spriting is currently not a priority. I'm sure it will in the future though. So we'll see by then.

Yeah, I know it has errors, in fact, just check that long list in the first post and you'll realize how many it has O.o

It all depends on the save type you use, you have to set flash 128 BEFORE playing the game.

True. I still wonder why they dont set it to 128 by default, if most require it -_-

Anyway. If I have some more free time today, I'll start to write a little something about one of the mini-games, just to give you some kind of update (I cannot leave Linux till I make something work, so that means I cannot take screenshots :()

JJK
April 28th, 2008, 11:33 AM

I know thats why its strange i use both the vba (in the pc) and the vbagx (in my n70)
The first time i ran any Generation 3 poke on my vba it required me to put the save to 128kbs flash i switched it and now i have all of them AND shiny gold x running smoothly
With the vbagx i didnt even had to set it to 128 (mainly because it doesnt have that option :D ) , they all worked fine , but with shiny gold x it automaticly shuts when i try to save in-game (odd...)
I even deleted the FR rom and saves from the n70... nothing
I guess all i can do is to try the regular shiny gold

zel there are 2 reasons to use a mobile emu
1-i cant be in my pc everytime i want, even at home (PARENTS...)
2-PSP's ARE EXPENSIVE (yeah i klnow im just a cheap guy :D )

jozkoz
April 28th, 2008, 08:42 PM
I know thats why its strange i use both the vba (in the pc) and the vbagx (in my n70)
The first time i ran any Generation 3 poke on my vba it required me to put the save to 128kbs flash i switched it and now i have all of them AND shiny gold x running smoothly
With the vbagx i didnt even had to set it to 128 (mainly because it doesnt have that option :D ) , they all worked fine , but with shiny gold x it automaticly shuts when i try to save in-game (odd...)
I even deleted the FR rom and saves from the n70... nothing
I guess all i can do is to try the regular shiny gold

zel there are 2 reasons to use a mobile emu
1-i cant be in my pc everytime i want, even at home (PARENTS...)
2-PSP's ARE EXPENSIVE (yeah i klnow im just a cheap guy :D )yeah i want to play it on my mobile..same problem as you have..when i try to save the game on in-game save the emulator shuting down.i tried shinygoldb5 and shinygold X.plss zel make shiny gold playable on our mobile emulator..thx sorry from my bad english

jrtpaul
April 29th, 2008, 01:54 AM
Hey zel fantastic work its awesome!

i just have a problem where it wont save on my flash card.

if anyone has a thingy like goomba or pogoshell that will be able to make save states for a gba rom played on a flash card on a gba, or any other solution to my problem please tell em any help is appreciated =]

thanks

JJK
April 29th, 2008, 03:14 AM
okay the regular shiny gold didnt worked either
i even tried to patch it directly on the n70... nothing
one thing i noticed when i try to patch it i go to my roms file and there no rom appears with "roms and programs", i have to put it to "all files" , is this normal?
theres one last thing ill try that is i only tried to save from the menu ill use save states until i reach somewer with automatic save e.g. COM center ill tell if it works

choatix
April 29th, 2008, 04:54 AM
Great Hack Zel!

You mentioned in the old forum that a thing you wanted to fix was the items being hidden? Do you still want them hidden because instead of using "Person Events" use "Signpost Events" in AdvanceMap and then go to 05/06/07 Hidden Item, and obviiusly give every Hidden Item a different Hidden ID and an amount!
I don't know if u knew this, but I'm just saying this because I reralised Hidden Items are still person events in B5. (Doing this will make the Hidden Items hidden, walkable on and ther ItemFinder will work!)

Another glitch I've found is that some bonus (non Gold) trainers like Koga in Fuschia Gym and the Fisherman on Route 27 with the Lv55 Milotic give you items afterwards (PP Max and Choice Band respectively) but I have experienced having a full bag at the time of getting the reward, and then talk to them agian and nothing happens. Also, there's a missing warp in Victory Road, u can fall down holes to there and u cant get out.

Agian, fantastic hack. Can't wait til it's finished?

zel 2.0
April 29th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Well people, I am not sure about how you can make rom hacks work on other emus, cell phones, flashcards, whatever. But one thing is sure, it is definitely not my mission to make it work on all of that stuff, and keeping discussing about it is going to off-topic limits. There's an emulation section, which I think fits better for those kind of discussions.

@choatix: The hidden items will be fixed on the next release (on the next series of bugs fixing) because I know AMap 1.9 can handle them better now, I will need to run a deep search through all the maps.
I always said to make sure to have some slots in your bag for items, because I never got used to check if the bag is full (a problem in my scripting learnage), so now, considering the ammount of items gotten through such kind of events, it sounds a bit unlikely that I'll spend some time to fix all those scripts -_- (but, we'll see, perhaps some time... dont know...)
Are you sure about the missing warp in Victory Road? Isnt that the place where there's a hole to the left and you can walk inside the rocks (making your sprite disappear but still is able to walk), if it isnt that part, show a screenshot.

---

MINI-GAME No.1
The "Feebas Factor"

"One of the most annoying to find Pokemon is back, and as annoying as ever!"

So, I was asked if Feebas will be in, and from B6, Feebas will be catchable (yay!), however, as tradition, getting Feebas was never easy, and this time it wont be an exception.
There's only one location where Feebas will be found, and this time, if you are not careful you may end up stuck without a Feebas. The idea is kinda the same as always, there are 8 or 9 tiles where a Feebas will show up, or not (it will only appear on one only, in a random manner, but, sometimes it wont show up anywhere :badsmile:)
The good thing is that the 8 or 9 tiles are fixed, and you dont need to waste your time fishing for Feebas, just surfing is enough, the problem is to guess if Feebas will show up on that tile or on any of the other. Additionaly, appearance rate is also low, so your patience will be tested greatly with this mini-game.

I'll answer any questions related to it, but as long as it doesnt reveal too much ;P
--Just before you ask, Feebas evolves with happiness ;D

By the way, it's obvious that I cannot take screenshots about the mini-game (much less making a video), you know that when randoms are involved, it may take minutes to hours to get what you want... XP

simplynaruto
April 29th, 2008, 07:48 AM
1. AHa so you pay to get to that area?
2. Is febass shiny rare?
3. Also if febass does indeed have the rareness of a shiny how rare would its shiny be?

Shrike
April 29th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Hey Zel

Your hack looks awesome and I'm thinking of playing your hack sometime in the future. I hope you'll include a way to get the TM's flamethrower, thunderbolt, ice beam, brick break and arial ace (more then once). I never cared about overpowered legendaries, but to have a team with the right moves makes the game a lot more fun.

Cheers, Shrike

Virtual Chatot
April 29th, 2008, 01:07 PM
2. Is febass shiny rare?
3. Also if febass does indeed have the rareness of a shiny how rare would its shiny be?

1. Obviously, that's just a dumb question
2. 1 in every 16,382 battles would result in a shiny Febass

s i m p l e m a t h f o r t h e w i n

Azure-Blue
April 29th, 2008, 01:11 PM
I remember this.
If my mind serves me correctly, this has been going for quite some time.
I used to pop on here to check out new things like a year ago, and this was one of them.

greenozano
April 29th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Your phone booth script is genius how does it work? I wanna break the script down for the menu once I know how you did it I can then learn how hex edit so I can input it with it.

OH and are you gonna add new Islands? Because that would be really cool and have each island exclusively
for other legendaries or sumthing like that.

zel 2.0
April 29th, 2008, 01:57 PM
2. Is febass shiny rare?

1. I dont know why Heatran considered it a dumb question because, knowing how evil I am (mwahahaha!) I could force you to pay in order to access the area. But, anyway, I didn't (meaning in the end that it was probably a dumb question? >.<)
2and3. You are surfing, and finding any Feebas is just like finding any other Pokemon in the wild, but, with less appearance rate due to the use of randoms instead of the wild pokemon showing up on the map (which is also present, making figuring out the spots where Feebas shows up even harder). If it'll be shiny or not is still affected by the usual rate of shinyness... Heatran made the math work for you ;)

Hey Zel

Your hack looks awesome and I'm thinking of playing your hack sometime in the future. I hope you'll include a way to get the TM's flamethrower, thunderbolt, ice beam, brick break and arial ace (more then once). I never cared about overpowered legendaries, but to have a team with the right moves makes the game a lot more fun.

Cheers, Shrike

Well, there'll be probably more TMs as prizes more later in the game (most likely, at the end of the game), because despite that it is fun to have the right moves, struggling to decide who to give the few ones you have is also necessary to increase the challenge.

To greenozano: I'll answer your two questions, but dont double post next time, just use the "Edit" button.

About the phone booth, it's not a big deal, but, it is the longest script you'll ever find, because I even had to split it into three .rbc files...
It's just a whole engineering of use of multi-boxes, variables, randoms and flags, I'm happy that it works properly (at least, I havent got any bug notification)

And, about the islands, if you search a while back, it was posted that there are two islands already inserted in the game, and after the B6 there'll be some more stuff to do there (as well as some more legendaries and some items needed to find others on Kanto or Johto)

greenozano
April 29th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Oh my bad about the double post( I thought that they would combine) but thanks anyway I'll try to learn some script similarity once I learn multi-boxes, randoms and flags to a perfection.
Oh do you know about simple scripter by thethethethe I was looking for it and it is now gone.

UsuBaa
April 29th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Hey I could clean up some of your sprites (like that Ho-Oh on ur title screen) and create some gym leader overworld sprites (since you seem to be recycling ones that you already have from the game). I currently sprite for mugen (idk if you know what that is), so I'm very used to spriting. I could show you some of my works if you're not sure.

ANinyMouse
April 29th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Playing X.

Not sure if this has been addressed, but the first time I went through Union cave, I beat all the trainers, leaving the Firebreather with the Vulpix for last. He burned my Gastly and I defeated it.

Saved after a minute or two and shut it off.

Next day, turned it back on and skipped the summary screens.

I worked my way back towards the Pokemon Center on the Violet City side to heal my pokemon, but when the nurse started to say "thank you for waiting" the text changed from "fast" to "slow" and the next time I hit the "A" button the screen went negative and things shifted wildly.

When I reloaded my save file, I watched the summary screens through. I then used an Escape Rope and was sent to Violet City Pokemon Center. Everything's been peachy since then, but I'm afraid to use that Pokemon Center on Route 32.

Also, is it true that in X there are wild Mudkip in Union Cave? Thanks.

greenozano
April 29th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Playing X.

Not sure if this has been addressed, but the first time I went through Union cave, I beat all the trainers, leaving the Firebreather with the Vulpix for last. He burned my Gastly and I defeated it.

Saved after a minute or two and shut it off.

Next day, turned it back on and skipped the summary screens.

I worked my way back towards the Pokemon Center on the Violet City side to heal my pokemon, but when the nurse started to say "thank you for waiting" the text changed from "fast" to "slow" and the next time I hit the "A" button the screen went negative and things shifted wildly.

When I reloaded my save file, I watched the summary screens through. I then used an Escape Rope and was sent to Violet City Pokemon Center. Everything's been peachy since then, but I'm afraid to use that Pokemon Center on Route 32.

Also, is it true that in X there are wild Mudkip in Union Cave? Thanks.

First get rid of your sav file and then restart your game It will work just fine Oh and yes there are Mudkips in union cave It to 15 minutes to find one for me.

ANinyMouse
April 29th, 2008, 07:10 PM
First get rid of your sav file and then restart your game It will work just fine Oh and yes there are Mudkips in union cave It to 15 minutes to find one for me.

Are they only on one floor or the other? I've been in the basement for 15 minutes walking around already without any luck.

Thanks for the advice, though. Sucks that the traditional .sav files don't work with this hack =\

Oh! Can I save my state, delete my .sav file and then just pick up where I left off? Last time I used an emu was YEARS ago, so...

greenozano
April 29th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Are they only on one floor or the other? I've been in the basement for 15 minutes walking around already without any luck.

Thanks for the advice, though. Sucks that the traditional .sav files don't work with this hack =\

Oh! Can I save my state, delete my .sav file and then just pick up where I left off? Last time I used an emu was YEARS ago, so...

Yeah you can use your state but there would be a less chance of it working properly and you can only find mudkip on the First Floor you warp on.

ANinyMouse
April 29th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Yeah you can use your state but there would be a less chance of it working properly and you can only find mudkip on the First Floor you warp on.

Thanks again! :)

I'll probably drop by as I find bugs and glitches.

shadoweevee
April 29th, 2008, 08:35 PM

if you read the glitch reports it says to save before using the killing route 32 pc. it will work as long as you save before hand. and on a side note you need that .sav file to get past the elite four. so it's best to be able to save. you didn't really need to delete your save file.

@greenozano please make sure you know what your saying before saying it. it really does confuse people into doing the wrong things. I know accidents happen so next time please do your research. Thanks

Radish
April 29th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Hey Zel

I just wanted to voice my respect for you and the 1337 programming you have accomplished making this hack.

and i wanted to ask (since i havent found an explanation for this problem on the first page) why all the unown's look the same. I suppose since this is still a beta there hasnt been time to make proper sprite's for all the letter's of the unown "alphabet".

ANinyMouse
April 30th, 2008, 12:42 AM
if you read the glitch reports it says to save before using the killing route 32 pc. it will work as long as you save before hand. and on a side note you need that .sav file to get past the elite four. so it's best to be able to save. you didn't really need to delete your save file.
My apologies, I had skimmed over the bug reports yesterday, but a lot had happened since then, you see. I just popped in to comment on the Pokemon Center problem. I never actually deleted my .sav file anyway, since I fell asleep searching for a Mudkip soon after I posted, heh.

These 1% encounter rates are killing me...

Shrike
April 30th, 2008, 05:44 AM
Well, there'll be probably more TMs as prizes more later in the game (most likely, at the end of the game), because despite that it is fun to have the right moves, struggling to decide who to give the few ones you have is also necessary to increase the challenge.

I agree that having a limited amount of TMs makes the game more challenging. And so I think it's a great idea to make the powerful TMs available only at the end of the game, since you struggle enough with a limited amount of TMs through the main game (where in lies most of the challenge ofcourse) and get ''rewarded'' with useful, hard to get TMs at the end of the game.

Cheers and good luck with you hack, Shrike

zel 2.0
April 30th, 2008, 06:58 AM
Hey I could clean up some of your sprites (like that Ho-Oh on ur title screen) and create some gym leader overworld sprites (since you seem to be recycling ones that you already have from the game). I currently sprite for mugen (idk if you know what that is), so I'm very used to spriting. I could show you some of my works if you're not sure.

Well, for now, spriting is not really a priority. I'll call on you later if you are still around by then. If you want to show me your work, just PM me whenever you want (Side Note: I know what Mugen is ;))

Hey Zel

I just wanted to voice my respect for you and the 1337 programming you have accomplished making this hack.

and i wanted to ask (since i havent found an explanation for this problem on the first page) why all the unown's look the same. I suppose since this is still a beta there hasnt been time to make proper sprite's for all the letter's of the unown "alphabet".

The Ruins of Alph is something that I never had idea of what to do with it, so I left all related to it quite unfinished. In the end, I'll touch the original FR chambers to make it into the Gold chambers, that way the Unowns should remain appearing with the whole alphabet (since AMap doesnt specify which letter will appear so the first Unown is the only one that appears), of course it'll also mean I'll have to move Ralts and Wynaut somewhere else.
And about the puzzles, although I had an idea about using overworlds for the puzzle blocks, since that failed I have to think on something else. Once I have an idea about it, I'll finish all that is related to Ruins of Alph.

Finally, to ANinyMouse's problem, let me remember that Route32, Route10 and Lavender's Pokemon Centers are not REAL PCs, in the sense they dont work as the "normal" PCs, yes, they heal you, but only if you've used another PC previously during the current play (if you just loaded and you go to one of these PCs, they crash), and, additionaly, if you lose, you wont be sent back to these PCs, but you'll be sent back to the last "real" PC you've used previously.
It's just because FR doesnt have enough PCs as Gold had, we have to live with that problem (unless, for now...)

raynelogens
April 30th, 2008, 08:11 AM
I am using beta 5 but whenever I try to open the menu it crashes, why???

JJK
April 30th, 2008, 01:19 PM
zel you said its not your mission to make it work outside regular emu
true but i found out that it DOES save in my vbagx, only it shuts down when u use the save option in the menu (although i only did this once up to now in the cherrygrove pc COM center, and when i tried to do it again the game just freezes), so i guess i might be able to go trough the game (i heard some guys talk about a autosave between the elite 4 guys, if u did it its a BRILLIANT idea)

only to say that if you could fix that menu problem ill build a shrine for you :D

anyway i have (finnaly!) something to contribute
in aquilae's SGX walkthrough there are several trainers with below-par pokes, being the secondary rivals (jess&jamie (lol) that one couple and amelia) the most proeminant
since the walkthrough only goes up to saffron it could be from a previous beta (most probable) but anyway check it

about that, are u intendig to put (if u put him at all, but u better GRR) Red's pokes at lv100?

Midnight Beat
April 30th, 2008, 06:58 PM
about that, are u intendig to put (if u put him at all, but u better GRR) Red's pokes at lv100?
Yes, Red will be in the game due to the fact that it is a Gold remake, and Red was in Gold. ._.
But, his pokemon will not be a Lv.100, that would just be a pain in the butt. And I think Zel wants to make trainers harder than Red on the extra areas. :\

Short Range
April 30th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Hey there Zel, I have a quick thing I just want to clear up.
Is there going to be a third region? I might of heard it somewhere before but I can't be sure.
And if that's a secret then I understand. ;D
Thanks, keep up the awesome work. You're inspiring me. xD

ManaphyLv100
April 30th, 2008, 11:05 PM
There's a problem with Clair... If you have a full bag, and talk to the Dragon Fang, she still comes up and gives you everything. after that, if you talk to it again, you get another TM and another badge, and so on indefinitely.

JJK
May 1st, 2008, 03:57 AM
Yes, Red will be in the game due to the fact that it is a Gold remake, and Red was in Gold. ._.
But, his pokemon will not be a Lv.100, that would just be a pain in the butt. And I think Zel wants to make trainers harder than Red on the extra areas. :\

... well the intire x version is intended to be a pain in the butt so if janine's pokes are around the 70's (with she being the weakest kanto gym leader in the original gold, guess not this time) 3 gym leaders to go and the elite 4 (and everything until there), carlos and the mt. silver by itself, i think they could go right up to the 95's

Sylvanis
May 1st, 2008, 06:28 AM
true but i found out that it DOES save in my vbagx, only it shuts down when u use the save option in the menu (although i only did this once up to now in the cherrygrove pc COM center, and when i tried to do it again the game just freezes), so i guess i might be able to go trough the game (i heard some guys talk about a autosave between the elite 4 guys, if u did it its a BRILLIANT idea)

The save option works fine on my vBagX, doesn't crash. I'm using v1.25 btw.

JJK
May 1st, 2008, 07:13 AM
The save option works fine on my vBagX, doesn't crash. I'm using v1.25 btw.

lucky s60v3 guy... i have to use the 1.20 version because my phone is a n70, or is there now a 1.25v for s60v2?

yoni159
May 1st, 2008, 07:26 AM
well, I had a little Question. why does scyter evolves with moon stone?
I think that the best is leaf stone(as in cards he's grass).
but you're doing the hard work i couldn't and very well, good luck in finishing it.

evaN35
May 1st, 2008, 07:30 AM
im waiting for the next patch !! =)

Congratulations bro ..!! awesome game !!

zel 2.0
May 1st, 2008, 07:50 AM
I am using beta 5 but whenever I try to open the menu it crashes, why???

Probably rom or patching problem. Have you checked about setting the Flash128k before loading the rom for the first time? If not, close the emu, delete any .sav or .sa1 generated for the game, open emu, check the option and then load the game.

only to say that if you could fix that menu problem ill build a shrine for you :D

anyway i have (finnaly!) something to contribute
in aquilae's SGX walkthrough there are several trainers with below-par pokes, being the secondary rivals (jess&jamie (lol) that one couple and amelia) the most proeminant
since the walkthrough only goes up to saffron it could be from a previous beta (most probable) but anyway check it

As I said before, as long as it works in VBA I'm done, because I'm sure that you would have the same problem with any rom that requires saving (or the F128 saving), and I doubt they'd do something to fix it. My advice is: "Play it at home, and keep concentrated on your real life when not in home" ;P

Again, I dont want to hear about discussions about emulators or how to make them work in this thread. Start a thread in the Emulation section for that, because next time I'm gonna be reporting such posts for going offtopic.

"below-pars" means that I changed levels a bit on a newer Beta and he still has outdated levels? Well, I cant do much about that, since I havent spoken with him since I got the link (and you have seen it before, I confused another person with him... lol)

Nope (at least, not sure), surely when you battle him at Mt.Silver his Pokemon wont be on Lv100. But I cannot guarantee that because in terms of trainer's pokemon levels I'm still somewhat undecided.

Hey there Zel, I have a quick thing I just want to clear up.
Is there going to be a third region? I might of heard it somewhere before but I can't be sure.
And if that's a secret then I understand. ;D
Thanks, keep up the awesome work. You're inspiring me. xD

Yes, there'll be one after the B6, there was a screenshot of it in the past of this thread so you may want to check on that, but I dont want to show it or talk much about it because I'll do it after the B6 gets released.

There's a problem with Clair... If you have a full bag, and talk to the Dragon Fang, she still comes up and gives you everything. after that, if you talk to it again, you get another TM and another badge, and so on indefinitely.

And I always say to have room for items all the time.

well, I had a little Question. why does scyter evolves with moon stone?
I think that the best is leaf stone(as in cards he's grass).
but you're doing the hard work i couldn't and very well, good luck in finishing it.

I guess a Leaf Stone didnt sound too logical to me (and since I dont play the cards, I couldnt imagine Scyther being asociated with grass -_-), and it would be harder for the player to figure out he could evolve Scyther with a Moon Stone (of course, then, everything was spoiled, so whaaaatever!)

---

clonex just uploaded two videos of the Johto BGMs he's been inserting on his rom, so, listen to them and comment and be serious, if there's anything that you'd think it could be fixed, then do it, in the end, you'll be the ones who'll be hearing the themes for a lot of hours >.<

clonex's Johto magical journey - Part1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b5Kd-e8Q2M
clonex's Johto magical journey - Part2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNqjNmTRdoA

Went
May 1st, 2008, 08:35 AM
About the musics, just to say that I love all of them, I think they are very good remixes, save for a few things: the starting of Ecruteak's theme (it sounds low, when in the original sounded higher, but, well, it's not very important), the starting of the "wild poke" battle, which has a lot of percussion, and, well, Cherrygrove's theme sounds even worse with all the other remixes around XD

Can't wait for more. Good job, clonex.

JJK
May 1st, 2008, 08:43 AM
about the sounds...
although this IS a gold remake why not inserting some new (although the one is kinda old) sounds?the best one suited for this i ever heard was the sound for the 4 grandmasters in the old pokemon tgc game for game boy
you should listen it (if i didnt played it yet)

pokemon tgc grandmaster rod ----> youtube it (since i cant put urls yet uahhhhhh)

linkinkid
May 1st, 2008, 12:49 PM
hey zel this is just an idea.....but i would really like for you to add a really strong kind of dark trainer...who would have legendary pokemons in lv100......i think this would be a good idea because it would give everybody an alternative way to train high level pokemon, instead of just beating the elite four over and over......

Superjub
May 1st, 2008, 01:01 PM
Well wouldn't that be a bit hard with a dark trainer with level 100's...
I think it would be to hard and if he has level 100's on the normal version what level pokemon would he have on X? Also I think Zel has plans already for the 'strongest' trainer :)

Klex
May 1st, 2008, 02:01 PM
Nice hack keep up the hard work

clonex25
May 1st, 2008, 06:51 PM
About the musics, just to say that I love all of them, I think they are very good remixes, save for a few things: the starting of Ecruteak's theme (it sounds low, when in the original sounded higher, but, well, it's not very important), the starting of the "wild poke" battle, which has a lot of percussion, and, well, Cherrygrove's theme sounds even worse with all the other remixes around XD

Can't wait for more. Good job, clonex.

About the Ecruteak: I made it in pattern with the RSE Ending/Credits so it sounds just like that (low pitch). I imagine Ecruteak City as calm but heavenly, so I did it that way. But I'm open for suggestions (anyone?).

The Wild Pokemon Battle: Maybe I just made the volume for the percussion a bit louder (by 100, the FR/LG Wild Poke Battle also has percussion if you mute Channel 4 in your emu).

I think zel has adjusted the volume for the Cherrygrove Theme (by birthofdna or Magnius, only zel knows who's who) so expect it to be fine in B6.

Zellbeast
May 1st, 2008, 08:48 PM
Odd glitch... I save state and it slows down.

Jran Sakarra
May 1st, 2008, 09:04 PM
Hey Zel I love your work on this hack.
Keep up the good work.
I can't wait to see the final hack.
Nintendo's got nothing on you.

Aquilae
May 2nd, 2008, 02:37 AM
A bit of a progress report on my walkthrough. At the moment I'm kinda busy with school so I can't update the walkthrough much. I'll have holidays around June so I'll update it then.
The levels are accurate as far as B5 goes, I stopped at Saffron partly because noone was going to read my site, and I can't really update it right now.
The levels and movesets are accurate, I doublechecked with PET. If I have something wrong feel free to drop me a PM and I'll try to fix the issue.

Zel, I feel that even SGX is too easy <--- kill me
From around Goldenrod onwards, everything just seemed like a cakewalk for me. Even some of the Kanto trainers with level ~75 pokemon could be beaten by my team around level 60. I would support an increase in levels, preferably reaching 100 around the end of the game.

bobpickle
May 2nd, 2008, 07:45 AM
Hey I lurk alot of this forum, just wanted to say thanks to Zel, I have played and enjoyed all of the betas for this hack and am officially hooked!

Cant wait for the next beta, you are doing such a great job on it

linkinkid
May 2nd, 2008, 01:10 PM
Well wouldn't that be a bit hard with a dark trainer with level 100's...
I think it would be to hard and if he has level 100's on the normal version what level pokemon would he have on X? Also I think Zel has plans already for the 'strongest' trainer :)

yeah, i know...but there's just a certain point where you have all of these legendaries around lv70's and it's just really boring to train them by just beating the elite four over and over,besides you'll have legendaries of your own,so i think it'll be fair.i was thinking of this battle of being optional, and only after you have unlocked certain things.

UsuBaa
May 2nd, 2008, 05:04 PM
Zel, I'll wait till you need me. Im kinda a graphics-♥♥♥♥♥, so I need the full visual experience when I'm playing. However, this is, after all, a beta, so I shouldn't complain. Since I'm bored, i'll make a Falkner and Morty overworld sprite.

Edit: I can use ANY colors as long as it's 16 colors total?

~Gary
May 2nd, 2008, 06:35 PM
Fence, the videoes are incredible, every time better this one the hack, it(he,she) follows(continues) this way that I am sure that the thread 6 is going to be brilliant
I wait for images, luck
bye!

sanny the hedgehog
May 2nd, 2008, 06:45 PM
all right! pokemon shiny gold is comin back that game was awesome!:laugh:

AngryCroconaw
May 2nd, 2008, 06:54 PM
Bug report: I hatched the togepi egg after beating all 8 gyms and then I showed it too elm and he doesn't do aything about it :O

Mew of Friendship
May 2nd, 2008, 07:45 PM
It is not a bug... from what I know.

Mitchman
May 3rd, 2008, 12:50 AM
Its open again?! Wow my ban kept me back. Anyway I like th new champion music.

choatix
May 3rd, 2008, 01:02 AM
More questions:
What remixes have you got, and what remixes are going to be in B6?
Where are you up to?
What pokemon are going to unobtainable as of B6?

Sarcastic Prince
May 3rd, 2008, 02:16 AM
More questions:
What remixes have you got, and what remixes are going to be in B6?
Where are you up to?
What pokemon are going to unobtainable as of B6?

Please look at the Progress Section for where Zel is up to in SG before asking stupid questions.

cetje
May 3rd, 2008, 09:17 AM
I just bought the M3 DS real perfect pakage and I have been running everything fine. I have one problem with one GBA game.
I am trying to place Pokemon Shiny Gold (Firred hack) on the M3, but it loads up to the GBA screen and freezes(where it says GB and the nintendo is blurred like when u have a dirty game in the GBA). I've played 3 other hacks and many other games with no problem, but I just have a problems with this one, Any Ideas on how to fix this?

~CyberKitsune09~
May 3rd, 2008, 10:59 AM
I just bought the M3 DS real perfect pakage and I have been running everything fine. I have one problem with one GBA game.
I am trying to place Pokemon Shiny Gold (Firred hack) on the M3, but it loads up to the GBA screen and freezes(where it says GB and the nintendo is blurred like when u have a dirty game in the GBA). I've played 3 other hacks and many other games with no problem, but I just have a problems with this one, Any Ideas on how to fix this?

You need to fix the rom's header in order for the BIOS to boot it, google "GBA Header fix" For more info.

Also, Hackers (Like Zel) Should download a GBA BIOS To test if it boots or not before making a IPS.... Sometimes after alot of hacking, the header will become corrupt, leaving the Rom Un-Bootable on a device without a header fix. So people (Like Zel) Should check if the Header need a fix or not before relasing the IPS patch.

Good Luck!
-~cpuDuDe08~-

smballer23
May 3rd, 2008, 12:50 PM
i cant tell u how fun shiny gold is. i managed to get shiny gold on my emulator which I have on my Sony PSP....so now it's on the go

Sylvanis
May 3rd, 2008, 01:19 PM
lucky s60v3 guy... i have to use the 1.20 version because my phone is a n70, or is there now a 1.25v for s60v2?
Yeah, as I heard. Check DotSis. ^^

zel 2.0
May 3rd, 2008, 03:16 PM
about the sounds...
although this IS a gold remake why not inserting some new (although the one is kinda old) sounds?the best one suited for this i ever heard was the sound for the 4 grandmasters in the old pokemon tgc game for game boy
you should listen it (if i didnt played it yet)

pokemon tgc grandmaster rod ----> youtube it (since i cant put urls yet uahhhhhh)

I dont want to go too away from what the game is supposed to have (the remixed tracks), extra BGMs would depend on if we have spare slots to use. Gold's original tracks are the priority here.

hey zel this is just an idea.....but i would really like for you to add a really strong kind of dark trainer...who would have legendary pokemons in lv100......i think this would be a good idea because it would give everybody an alternative way to train high level pokemon, instead of just beating the elite four over and over......

...I cannot say too much about posted ideas because I also have my own. But, remember that there's a second round of the E4, more powerful and smart (perhaps), so, it'll be better to train.

I think zel has adjusted the volume for the Cherrygrove Theme (by birthofdna or Magnius, only zel knows who's who) so expect it to be fine in B6.

Not yet -_-
Once the musical phase starts I'll start to get involved with that (and there we will insert all the tracks clonex has)

A bit of a progress report on my walkthrough. At the moment I'm kinda busy with school so I can't update the walkthrough much. I'll have holidays around June so I'll update it then.
The levels are accurate as far as B5 goes, I stopped at Saffron partly because noone was going to read my site, and I can't really update it right now.
The levels and movesets are accurate, I doublechecked with PET. If I have something wrong feel free to drop me a PM and I'll try to fix the issue.

Zel, I feel that even SGX is too easy <--- kill me
From around Goldenrod onwards, everything just seemed like a cakewalk for me. Even some of the Kanto trainers with level ~75 pokemon could be beaten by my team around level 60. I would support an increase in levels, preferably reaching 100 around the end of the game.

Ah, there you were! :P

Anyway, it's not like I want it to be extremely hard (dont forget Kanto is not the last region with trainers, there's the islands ahead, that's why I cannot increase levels too much yet)

Zel, I'll wait till you need me. Im kinda a graphics-♥♥♥♥♥, so I need the full visual experience when I'm playing. However, this is, after all, a beta, so I shouldn't complain. Since I'm bored, i'll make a Falkner and Morty overworld sprite.

Edit: I can use ANY colors as long as it's 16 colors total?

It'd be better if you respect the palettes the original overworlds have. Because I will not be able to do any more palette changing for overworlds.

Bug report: I hatched the togepi egg after beating all 8 gyms and then I showed it too elm and he doesn't do aything about it :O

I dont remember what happened in the original, but I dont think it's really a bug (most of the time I forgot about the whole thing or I showed him the Togepy before progressing further)

You need to fix the rom's header in order for the BIOS to boot it, google "GBA Header fix" For more info.

Also, Hackers (Like Zel) Should download a GBA BIOS To test if it boots or not before making a IPS.... Sometimes after alot of hacking, the header will become corrupt, leaving the Rom Un-Bootable on a device without a header fix. So people (Like Zel) Should check if the Header need a fix or not before relasing the IPS patch.

Good Luck!
-~cpuDuDe08~-

I guess that if the header were corrupt, I wouldnt even be able to open it on the tools, or on my VBA. And, since I am able to do it, then it's probably not my problem. It's just that each emu has its own business...

----

I have inserted all the legendaries, so tomorrow I may take a screenshot or two to show them (but, it's not like they are any different than Mystery Dungeon). But I forgot that I should hex edit a bit more to leave some slots for the Johto Gym leaders' overworlds '^^

So, that's it for now.

destinedjagold
May 3rd, 2008, 06:01 PM
hm... I see. I am excited to see them then. :P

by the way, zel...
I played Shiny Gold yesterday, and I stopped after I defeated the Rockets in Mahogany Town, yet, here's my little report...
1. In Mahogany Town, some pipz where refering to my character as a male, whereas I'm playing as a female hero in the game... :\
2. Lance, in the secret base of the Rockets in Mahogany, has no Dragonite... :\
3. Mahogany Town's music is kinda loud (sorry zel, I have sensitive hearing -_-)... :\
4. Jasmine, the steel-type gym leader, I think it's best if you give her Steelix a Dig attack or remove it's Sunny Day technique, since it made her Steelix an easy opponent to defeat with my lvl 24 Quilava. :\

I think that's all. Keep up the great work, zel. :classic:

XxOblivion77
May 3rd, 2008, 07:17 PM
Beta 5 is amazing dude, thanks!

Also, there's a bug. I went into the sprout tower and it played the Carlos music (aka cyrus music) for all the sages. Then, I accidentally closed VBA and had to restart from before then.

When I went back in the tower, the music was just the regular trainer music.

Also, I'm dissapointed with no GS trainer battle music. D:

Zel, your hack is amazing, keep up the amazing work and DON'T QUIT.

EDIT: Can you mind telling me what those little humps are I see now and then?

EDIT2: I'm playing the X version (which is awesome, seriously, give it a shot)

shadoweagle89
May 3rd, 2008, 09:25 PM
Is there any way to make it so that I can take Shiny Gold X with me on the go? Preferably with the DS/GBA...

XxOblivion77
May 3rd, 2008, 09:39 PM
A Flash Card would do it.

shadoweagle89
May 3rd, 2008, 10:27 PM
A Flash Card would do it.

Care to elaborate?
And would it then be possible to trade from SGX to FR/LG or R/S/E?

Callydude™
May 3rd, 2008, 10:43 PM
It is said to be possible to trade FR<->SG. Don't know if it is true.

Firepulse
May 3rd, 2008, 10:49 PM
Hi guys i've reached the wishing rock east of Saffron... But i dun understand how to trigger the Jirachi event (Which i believe is supposed to take place here)... Apparently the guides/walkthroughs Zel provided in first post doesn't reach here yet.... So can anyone who'd done/triggered the event pls tell me... Thx in advance

maisa
May 3rd, 2008, 11:26 PM
It is said to be possible to trade FR<->SG. Don't know if it is true.It's true, I've done it a few times. It might take a few attempts to work though.

Ripper
May 3rd, 2008, 11:48 PM
Hi guys i've reached the wishing rock east of Saffron... But i dun understand how to trigger the Jirachi event (Which i believe is supposed to take place here)... Apparently the guides/walkthroughs Zel provided in first post doesn't reach here yet.... So can anyone who'd done/triggered the event pls tell me... Thx in advance

Can't let you do that StarFox.

Zel has asked that no one reveals the secret of Jirachi. If you must, go PM someone, I'm not sure who though...

Maximusje
May 4th, 2008, 12:44 AM
A few headbut trees in route 1 make a pinging sound.

8th Wonder™
May 4th, 2008, 01:31 AM
Good work zel! Keep it up you're almost done with this hack!

Mr Snrub
May 4th, 2008, 03:38 AM
Hey Zel, remember me? Haha I haven't been on in a while :)

Well yesterday I decided to play Shiny Gold (I admit I never played it until then, mainly because I was waiting for lots of progress :))

Found a new bug (I doubt this one is fixable)

After the bug-catching contest, all of my Pokemon have the 'traded' status and my name (:S) has changed from JAKE to JAK (woah)

Snrub

DragonFir3
May 4th, 2008, 03:50 AM
Zel, I really have only one word for you... THE BEST. I`m playing ShinyGold since it`s first beta release. And I guarante, that you are making a lot better game, then original Nintendo`s. The storyline is from GS, but the quality of game itself. I really enjoy playing ShinyGold, the best Pokemon hack and GS remake ever.

Thank you, Zel.

Firepulse
May 4th, 2008, 05:44 AM
Can't let you do that StarFox.

Zel has asked that no one reveals the secret of Jirachi. If you must, go PM someone, I'm not sure who though...

Ah well.... Looks like I'll have to do some self-investigation then... Maybe I will.... Next week -.- Mid-years currently on the go....

Anyway Zel some graphical errors south of Fuschia...

Keep it up =) SGX FTW!

darkrai28
May 4th, 2008, 05:46 AM
This hack is awesome!! Even though I didn't play in months,

Rimoch
May 4th, 2008, 06:14 AM
Hmm, I dunno why, but my pokemons stop learning attacks after lv 30 / 31

Virtual Chatot
May 4th, 2008, 06:18 AM
Hmm, I dunno why, but my pokemons stop learning attacks after lv 30 / 31

Which Pokemon? and what level are they?

Rimoch
May 4th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Which Pokemon? and what level are they?
Ampharos 45, Typhlosion 50 and Pidgeot 44 .
Didn't learn any move since 31.
I'm checking my swampert to see if he'll learn moves after 31, he's 38 now o_O

Heart's Soul
May 4th, 2008, 07:06 AM
This is actually a major glitch, but I didn't find it. Heatran, did you?

Virtual Chatot
May 4th, 2008, 07:35 AM

Well, that is a major glitch o_o

Have you used any cheat codes?

JJK
May 4th, 2008, 09:12 AM
k ppl been away for the weekend (ALGARVE!!!) partying 'till 5:00, then sgx 'till 8:00 (:D)
i got some bugs here (and some text corrections) for zel, might have been posted before because they're quite obvious, but ill post them anyway (sorry i cant post screenshots - only by my 15th post)

1.-"He'll (guide gent) put a TOWN MAP on your BAG" (OPPRESSED POKEGEAR SCREAMING FOR HELP No.1) - seriously in dont think the poke gear is necessary here, just edit that

2.- Dark Cave 1st section (lacking screenshot) - in that boulder you need to get around to get to the topmost part of that section (around the ledge), on the 1st upper tile from the right on that boulder, if you look downwards, you'll see a exit arrow (like in every building), but obviosly you cant exit there

3.- I think someone has mention this in a general way, but ill narrow it. The 1st person view when entering the dark cave its the rockets hideout from FR. I think that view would be most suited for the radio tower. By the way the 1st person view of the radio tower is.. a cave.

4.-(OPPRESSED POKEGEAR SCREAMING FOR HELP No.2) There's a chick in the 2nd floor of the radio tower who actually mentions the pokegear when talking to her (forgot what she says) - another text edit

5.-When u check the area of a poke in your pokedex it actually shows a kanto map with some smalls maps around it (might be sevii islands maps, idont know because i havent played FR till the elite 4)

6.- In the so-called early trip to kanto, when the guy tells u to check your map, it does show the kanto map, but your face is out of any road, some 4 squares above Indigo Plateau (for a split second i thought i had become a extreme hiker)

after this, just two questions:

1.- zel, you said you overwrote the seviis with jotho, but as you start in there, didn't you really wrote jotho over kanto and then kanto over the seviis?

2.- As im still in Olivine, and not caring about spoiler ads, :
-are we able to get all the starters and all the eeveelutions without trading in B5? if not, in B6 or final?
-and are all legendaries (except jirachi; as you WISH (lol) , ill find it out by myself) alredy present in B5, (or the main history photo-finish in B6) or will you include some in the extra areas you'll include in the final version?

great, GREAT game
(just dont make me waste 3 hours headbutting just to find carterpie's family and spearows...)

Maxim
May 4th, 2008, 09:25 AM
clonex just uploaded two videos of the Johto BGMs he's been inserting on his rom, so, listen to them and comment and be serious, if there's anything that you'd think it could be fixed, then do it, in the end, you'll be the ones who'll be hearing the themes for a lot of hours >.<

clonex's Johto magical journey - Part1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b5Kd-e8Q2M
clonex's Johto magical journey - Part2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNqjNmTRdoA

Those BGMs sound awesome. However, I think the beggining of Route 37 theme needs to be redone a little bit. Too many melody lines at the same time. It sounds a bit off.

And it's nice to hear Route 26/27 theme. I totally love this theme.

Virtual Chatot
May 4th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Those BGMs sound awesome. However, I think the beggining of Route 37 theme needs to be redone a little bit. Too many melody lines at the same time. It sounds a bit off.

I agree ^3^

I love Ecruteak City's Music, it brings back such fond memories...

yoni159
May 4th, 2008, 09:33 AM
to JJK:
1:no. he used done it on the sevii(check with advance map).
2:Zel already told that groudon and kyogre will be only in beta 6 or later.

good luck Zel.

Mew of Friendship
May 4th, 2008, 11:23 AM
I just re-downloaded this (I had to delete all my hacks, downloaded and made by myself). Its been a long time since I've played this. I can't wait 'till Beta 6!

Rimoch
May 4th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Well, that is a major glitch o_o

Have you used any cheat codes?
Haven't use anything.
It's weird.

goolim
May 4th, 2008, 12:08 PM
it's an awesome game.
but I can't pass to Kanto part....
affter the E4 my game returns to the start of the game.
what to do?

shinygoldash
May 4th, 2008, 12:21 PM
I think the trainer music starts of like the fr gym leaders but faster.
I can't wait for a rocket grunt remix. That is a classic.And the elite 4 and both kind of gym leaders.

Are you still gonna do the healing house idea for the dead pcs?

spaceboy827
May 4th, 2008, 12:49 PM
finally the thread re-opened :)
cant wait till B6 comes out
great job zel

spikethedevil
May 4th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Do we know when Beta 6 will be out?

spaceboy827
May 4th, 2008, 01:13 PM
zel said it would b soon, prob. in like a month or less

JJK
May 4th, 2008, 01:55 PM
the musics are really great...
rembers me the ol' 4th grade times when me and 9 other guys joined and entered the routes to hear those bips in chorus... my gb speakers actually stop working
didnt matter, my skarmory\magneton\forretress\2x steelix\scizor blew the all... 1st steve in history :D

anyway IS B6 comin out in june? great news!!!
well zel himself tells us not to grow attached to our pokes so... :)
(but its HARD to do that...)

zel 2.0
May 4th, 2008, 04:19 PM
I'll try to do my best to do some replies, but to tell you the truth I got a bit lost... -_-

hm... I see. I am excited to see them then. :P

by the way, zel...
I played Shiny Gold yesterday, and I stopped after I defeated the Rockets in Mahogany Town, yet, here's my little report...
1. In Mahogany Town, some pipz where refering to my character as a male, whereas I'm playing as a female hero in the game... :\
2. Lance, in the secret base of the Rockets in Mahogany, has no Dragonite... :\
3. Mahogany Town's music is kinda loud (sorry zel, I have sensitive hearing -_-)... :\
4. Jasmine, the steel-type gym leader, I think it's best if you give her Steelix a Dig attack or remove it's Sunny Day technique, since it made her Steelix an easy opponent to defeat with my lvl 24 Quilava. :\

I think that's all. Keep up the great work, zel. :classic:

1.I'll try to remember about checking about that during the next fixing phase.
2.Now I have inserted a MD Dragonite sprite so that wont be a problem next time :D
3.I know, I know
4.Maybe for the X, have I changed her moves a bit...? *Checks* Nope, OK, I'll give it something else.

It is said to be possible to trade FR<->SG. Don't know if it is true.

SG is FR in the end, so trading between FR and FR is possible. The only thing that cannot be done inmediately is trading between SG and RSE, but you know that for that you'll need to reach Pallet.

A few headbut trees in route 1 make a pinging sound.

That's because there's a script there looking for the "Headbutt" movement. That sound will guide you to know which trees are headbutteable so I dont think it's bad.

Hey Zel, remember me? Haha I haven't been on in a while :)

Well yesterday I decided to play Shiny Gold (I admit I never played it until then, mainly because I was waiting for lots of progress :))

Found a new bug (I doubt this one is fixable)

After the bug-catching contest, all of my Pokemon have the 'traded' status and my name (:S) has changed from JAKE to JAK (woah)

Snrub

Hey, long time!

Anyway, about the name changing it's the "name changing mystery". I think other people get the same problem but on other places, not after the Bug Catching Contest (it is probable that the problem could be generated there, though, considering how many variables and switches I have used there... :\)

Sounds fishy, I have used Ampharos and Pidgeot many times and I think that they learned moves. Maybe you are using a different FR rom. Dont forget that this is a hack of Fire Red(U)

k ppl been away for the weekend (ALGARVE!!!) partying 'till 5:00, then sgx 'till 8:00 (:D)
i got some bugs here (and some text corrections) for zel, might have been posted before because they're quite obvious, but ill post them anyway (sorry i cant post screenshots - only by my 15th post)

1.-"He'll (guide gent) put a TOWN MAP on your BAG" (OPPRESSED POKEGEAR SCREAMING FOR HELP No.1) - seriously in dont think the poke gear is necessary here, just edit that

2.- Dark Cave 1st section (lacking screenshot) - in that boulder you need to get around to get to the topmost part of that section (around the ledge), on the 1st upper tile from the right on that boulder, if you look downwards, you'll see a exit arrow (like in every building), but obviosly you cant exit there

3.- I think someone has mention this in a general way, but ill narrow it. The 1st person view when entering the dark cave its the rockets hideout from FR. I think that view would be most suited for the radio tower. By the way the 1st person view of the radio tower is.. a cave.

4.-(OPPRESSED POKEGEAR SCREAMING FOR HELP No.2) There's a chick in the 2nd floor of the radio tower who actually mentions the pokegear when talking to her (forgot what she says) - another text edit

5.-When u check the area of a poke in your pokedex it actually shows a kanto map with some smalls maps around it (might be sevii islands maps, idont know because i havent played FR till the elite 4)

6.- In the so-called early trip to kanto, when the guy tells u to check your map, it does show the kanto map, but your face is out of any road, some 4 squares above Indigo Plateau (for a split second i thought i had become a extreme hiker)

after this, just two questions:

1.- zel, you said you overwrote the seviis with jotho, but as you start in there, didn't you really wrote jotho over kanto and then kanto over the seviis?

2.- As im still in Olivine, and not caring about spoiler ads, :
-are we able to get all the starters and all the eeveelutions without trading in B5? if not, in B6 or final?
-and are all legendaries (except jirachi; as you WISH (lol) , ill find it out by myself) alredy present in B5, (or the main history photo-finish in B6) or will you include some in the extra areas you'll include in the final version?

great, GREAT game
(just dont make me waste 3 hours headbutting just to find carterpie's family and spearows...)

Well, a bunch are stuff that I (or my testers) would find during the next Beta testing, while others (like the "put my head on the map correctly") I cannot fix (or I'm just lazy to fix because fixing it would consume a lot of time)

About your questions:

1-It's just as I said, Sevii is the replacement for Johto. Why would I make everything crazier and replace Kanto for Johto when I'd know that I'd need Kanto later?

2-Except the other two Johto starters, you can get all the 1st and 3rd gen starters as of B5.
B5 has Celebi, Ho-oh, Suicune, Entei, Raikou and Jirachi as legendaries. The next release will have a few more. And the final release will have them all, either as part of the storyline, or as sidequests.

Are you still gonna do the healing house idea for the dead pcs?

Temporarily for the next Beta, yes. I'd like them to work as real PCs, but I'm not so sure if that can be done.

So, I could take this screenshots about the legendaries with the savestates I had with me. I dont really want to spend more time playing the game just to reach a part with another legendary -_-

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/4015/battlevshooheo4.png http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/4807/battlevslugiazl1.png http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/350/blockingsnorlaxnu2.png http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/3729/runningdogsmn8.png
NOTE1: I think Ho-oh's wings' tips are green, but I just didnt have a green close, so blue they will be.
NOTE2: Snorlax is eating a bit of the tree, yeah, I think I just need to fix the tile with the Block Editor, so it's not a big problem (BTW, it's funny 'cause I made Snorlax look as if he's sleeping... ^^)
NOTE3: Dont wonder what that guy is doing around the dogs, it's just that I warped myself there and the flag that removed him wasn't activated :P
NOTE4: Meh, I noticed I could use another sprite for when the dogs escape... -_- ... -_- ... -_-

Nikkie.
May 4th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Surprise!
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg76/drevlg/250.png
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg76/drevlg/249.png
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg76/drevlg/Suicune.png
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg76/drevlg/244.png
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg76/drevlg/243-1.png

I know where you got them from.

You might need this:

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg76/drevlg/385.png

GL

Platinum Lucario
May 4th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Surprise!
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg76/drevlg/250.png
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg76/drevlg/249.png
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg76/drevlg/Suicune.png
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg76/drevlg/244.png
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg76/drevlg/243-1.png

I know where you got them from.

You might need this:

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg76/drevlg/385.png

GL
Yes, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games, they do look bigger
then the normal sprites! :)

spaceboy827
May 4th, 2008, 04:48 PM
wow, those new legendary sprites look pretty good. i guess this means i will have to restart my file to see these new changes from B5. ah well. its only the 4th time ive had to do it XP

sirboulevard
May 4th, 2008, 04:58 PM
I love the MD sprites for the game. It does seem better. Lugia looks a little off though. I think it needs to have the base of its feet and wings look like they are touching the water and have it's reflection shown in the water (it just doesnt seem right for Crystal to be reflected but the Lugia 5 times her size isn't). Otherwise they look absolutely great.

shadoweevee
May 4th, 2008, 07:30 PM
So, I could take this screenshots about the legendaries with the savestates I had with me. I dont really want to spend more time playing the game just to reach a part with another legendary -_-

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/4015/battlevshooheo4.png http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/4807/battlevslugiazl1.png http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/350/blockingsnorlaxnu2.png http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/3729/runningdogsmn8.png
NOTE1: I think Ho-oh's wings' tips are green, but I just didnt have a green close, so blue they will be.
NOTE2: Snorlax is eating a bit of the tree, yeah, I think I just need to fix the tile with the Block Editor, so it's not a big problem (BTW, it's funny 'cause I made Snorlax look as if he's sleeping... ^^)
NOTE3: Dont wonder what that guy is doing around the dogs, it's just that I warped myself there and the flag that removed him wasn't activated :P
NOTE4: Meh, I noticed I could use another sprite for when the dogs escape... -_- ... -_- ... -_-
I like all of them except snorlax. I think snorlax should be facing the player instead of it's side facing the player.

100th post!

zel 2.0
May 4th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Yes, yes, when I said "I inserted all of the Pokemon that I had to", then that includes all the ones that are massive looking, or the ones that are legendaries. I cannot show everything because I really cant be wasting some time till I reach those areas.
From all the Pokemon I am allowed to say, I inserted: the three dogs, Ho-oh, Lugia, Celebi, the red Gyarados, Dragonite, Kangaskhan (and the original one will be its baby XP), Snorlax, and the rest, but I cannot say...

I'm gonna need to touch a few scripts, now that I've inserted these new overworlds (for example, since now I have a Dragonite for Lance, there will be some fixes on Mahogany's event), but I'll probably do all those touches when I restart my game in the bug fixing.

sirboulevard: I'll consider your suggestion about Lugia, it's true that it looks a bit off.

drevilm: I cant say why (you'd know if you played the game), but Jirachi's OW is not needed :P

shadoweevee: That is its sleeping sprite, cause, it's sleeping (it even shows it breathing while asleep :)), when you use the Pokeflute, it'll change into its stand up sprite (and attack in a bad mood...)

Tyrantrum
May 4th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Hey zel, r u gonna use PMD Mewtwo sprite or Gamefreak's Mewtwo sprite?

Erick
May 4th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Hey zel!

OMGWTFFTWBBQ!

lol.

Hahaha. Awesome work on those OW. I just love this project. Can't wait to see them in action :O.

Best of Luck in the hack and in the Uni too. XD

See you.

P.S. By the way, how did you insert those?
:O
Did you repoint the OW size?
Are they various OWs formed with different frames?
Or you can't tell? xD

Ryousha
May 4th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Zel,
You need to change the backpack sprite when opening it for the boy and female...

numbers in UnLZ 106 and 107.

shadoweevee
May 4th, 2008, 09:07 PM
shadoweevee: That is its sleeping sprite, cause, it's sleeping (it even shows it breathing while asleep :)), when you use the Pokeflute, it'll change into its stand up sprite (and attack in a bad mood...)

Oh ok then that sounds better then just a sleeping sprite

Shiun Enshidia
May 5th, 2008, 12:17 AM
Hmm...
I love the music themes. They are so well done, stay true to the original but sound fresh at the same time.
However, when using Mystery Dungeon Sprites for the actual legendaries...I'm sorry but they look really, REALLY bad. It looks like an old N64 graphic plastered over the top.
Still, it's your hack so do what you will.

NidoodiN
May 5th, 2008, 03:13 AM
Some issues I just remembered:

1st attached screenshot: Talking to the side of the door in the Mahogany Rocket Hideout acts like you're looking at a computer.

2nd and 3rd screenshots: I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but with Jess and Jamie, was Jess supposed to be the male and Jamie the female? If so, it seems that their names/genders switched during the S.S. Aqua segment. There may have been more examples than the screens I attached.

JJK
May 5th, 2008, 03:15 AM
ok my bad (mispelling) :p

zel when i asked about the starters and the evolutions i didn't want to ask about the starers evolutions (that would be dumb :p ), i wanted to ask about EEVEElutions, the 5 evolutions of EEVEE. Are they all obtainable in B5 (in the same game of course)?
BTW will the other johto starters be available in the game in later versions (like pkmn yellow)?
And fossil pokes?

oli25
May 5th, 2008, 04:07 AM
wow, sprites looks just amazing. Snorlax has animation?(I bet you were inspired by Pokemon Naranja event with Snorlax ^^ )
Do you mean that dogs would stand with normal sprites but when they are aweken and starts to escape they have other sprites (from md of course)? It would just rox. Maybe before they are aweken you will make their sprites grey (since they are statues) ? When jumping you would use different sprites (the ones where they are angry) with colors.
What about that Amph in lighthouse ? He also should be changed since he is taller than humans. And I agree that Lugia OW could be improved (reflection in water)...

ksunwoo6
May 5th, 2008, 04:39 AM

Wow. I like all the sprites... Except the Ho-Oh and Lugia... I don't think it;s a good idea because well, first of all, it's too big, and dosen't fit, and if you really want to put the big - sprite, you might need to put the walking sprite... because it'll be weird if it just moves,,, and stuff...

Anyways. You always inspired me.
Well, I'm not that good at hacking, actually. I tried to script. I really did everything, everything right. But I just dunno what to do when I'm activating the script in Advance Map. Ah well, anyway. Good Luck.

Nicolas
May 5th, 2008, 07:15 AM
was Jess supposed to be the male and Jamie the female?

Nope... Jess is the female and Jamie is the Male... It seems appropriate that their names are like that, its more suitable... anyway nice sprites there Zel! Keep it up!^^

XxOblivion77
May 5th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Hey, what's best way to make money in this game?

I need some more Full Restores and Revives. ._.

zel 2.0
May 5th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Hey zel!

OMGWTFFTWBBQ!

lol.

Hahaha. Awesome work on those OW. I just love this project. Can't wait to see them in action :O.

Best of Luck in the hack and in the Uni too. XD

See you.

P.S. By the way, how did you insert those?
:O
Did you repoint the OW size?
Are they various OWs formed with different frames?
Or you can't tell? xD

Ah, now that reminds me that all that stuff of the OW changing (specially the matter of resizing) was thanks to a tutorial posted by Peyi on WAH. There was something that I had to figure out on my own at the end, but it's really helpful. You probably know about it, but if someone doesnt know and want to check it out it's this one: http://wah.studiopokemon.com/manualeshr/minis-agrandar.php, since the tutorial is in Spanish you may need to translate it to your language.

Now, to answer the question, I had repointed the new sprites (with their new sizes) to empty zones, so expect the next ips patch to be a bit bigger than usual :P

Zel,
You need to change the backpack sprite when opening it for the boy and female...

numbers in UnLZ 106 and 107.

Is that really necessary? -_-
What do the rest of the people think?

Hmm...
I love the music themes. They are so well done, stay true to the original but sound fresh at the same time.
However, when using Mystery Dungeon Sprites for the actual legendaries...I'm sorry but they look really, REALLY bad. It looks like an old N64 graphic plastered over the top.
Still, it's your hack so do what you will.

Yeah, but I guess most of the comments about that were possitive so I'm sticking with them. Just a matter of opinions, probably.

ok my bad (mispelling) :p

zel when i asked about the starters and the evolutions i didn't want to ask about the starers evolutions (that would be dumb :p ), i wanted to ask about EEVEElutions, the 5 evolutions of EEVEE. Are they all obtainable in B5 (in the same game of course)?
BTW will the other johto starters be available in the game in later versions (like pkmn yellow)?
And fossil pokes?

Yeah, I think Espeon and Umbreon are the earliest to get. The others may take a while as the basic Elemental Stones are not easy to find. All of the five can be gotten in B5.

As I always say, all of the Pokemon will be obtainable at the end of the game, and that includes the starters you left behind. And fossils as well, but for that, there'll be a mini-game I'll talk about another day.

wow, sprites looks just amazing. Snorlax has animation?(I bet you were inspired by Pokemon Naranja event with Snorlax ^^ )

Do you mean that dogs would stand with normal sprites but when they are aweken and starts to escape they have other sprites (from md of course)? It would just rox. Maybe before they are aweken you will make their sprites grey (since they are statues) ? When jumping you would use different sprites (the ones where they are angry) with colors.
What about that Amph in lighthouse ? He also should be changed since he is taller than humans. And I agree that Lugia OW could be improved (reflection in water)...

I meant that I could have used the side sprite for Suicune and Raikou, but since I'm so cheap, I've just inserted their front sprite (as Nintendo did, by the way :P), but I guess I can insert their side sprites as well, even if they'll never be used again.

Ehhhmmm... Maybe I could make them look as statues, it's not hard to do, but well, I'll think about it.

About Ampharos, I didnt change it because, I took a liking to the sprite I drew on my own... ^o^

Wow. I like all the sprites... Except the Ho-Oh and Lugia... I don't think it;s a good idea because well, first of all, it's too big, and dosen't fit, and if you really want to put the big - sprite, you might need to put the walking sprite... because it'll be weird if it just moves,,, and stuff...

Well, Ho-oh and Lugia are pretty big compared in size against humans, so, it's not like they look that bad in my opinion. And since Lugia doesnt really move in GSC, it doesnt need another sprite, while Ho-oh does, and that's why I inserted the sprite where it moves its wings (but since it's just a screenshot, I cannot show the movement)

Hey, what's best way to make money in this game?

I need some more Full Restores and Revives. ._.

It's weird because I'm not used to have monetary problems, but that must be because I tend to not buy anything and use PCs often :P

Probably the best is to get rematches, the better and harder the rematch, the higher the prize, I think. Though this way may not be the fastest way. My advice for you is to not waste your money during the game, save it for when you really need it.
By the way, in the X version trainers give higher ammounts of money.

Mitchman
May 5th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Hey zel looks like its up again. Beta 6 looks like one hell of a thing to wait for and I luv you. I mean the hack I love the hack. Not you. Anywho looks like you added new sprites. Also I found jirachi. WOOOOOHOOOOOO!

shinygoldash
May 5th, 2008, 10:39 AM
1. Ho-oh could be gliding in the air.
2. Lugia don't move.

Zel, are ya gonna tell them about the red sprite?
Pika -> :chu: say yes

Mitchman
May 5th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Also zel guess what? This plays way better on no$gba then vba. Just so you know.

JJK
May 5th, 2008, 11:08 AM
well zel about the legends pics (what a freakin policy of no urls or pics til 15 posts, EVEN IN QUOTES!)

-well the dogs look GREAT the only thing keeping them from perfection would be to them extremespeed themselves out of the tower nstead of bunny hopping
-with ho-oh just use that mystery dungeon sprite
-ah.. unless i forgot what a head is, i dont think snorlax is EATING the tree, instead it looks like he's "realesing body pressure" on it
-and lugia... i gotta be honest, it loooks like the great snow man... (and in R\S\E its eyebrows are black, not blue)

i got another suggestion to make... well its not mine its from a friend of mine who plays diamond, but i think its acceptable (sort of, i never played any DS game :p he'll kill me if i dont ask this)
D\P pokes will NOT be inserted, but as you said you have some extra slots for pokes, how about 4th generations pookes DIRECTLY linked to the other present ones e.g. mantyke? (BTW how many slots are there left just curiosity? 14 to make 400?)

XxOblivion77
May 5th, 2008, 12:14 PM
I have a question...

Is it possible to move the rock in the Dragon's Den and the one by the Whirl Islands?
Also, what legendaries are obtainable in beta 5?

Shwicked
May 5th, 2008, 01:04 PM
I have a question...

Is it possible to move the rock in the Dragon's Den and the one by the Whirl Islands?
Also, what legendaries are obtainable in beta 5?

1.If you mean the huge rock, then you can't move it. (Don't even use a cheat code to get through)
2. Ho-oh, Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Celebi, and Jirachi. (I think that's all of them)

spaceboy827
May 5th, 2008, 02:33 PM
hey zel, random question that may be a lil' selfish
r u going to sell the final version or is it already patened by nintendo?
and i think the opening male and female pics or w/e r fine

bruom
May 5th, 2008, 02:38 PM
just look at his sig: say no to pirates. sell games with copyright is being pirate..

also, it clearly states many times things like this: this is a hack, a fake game, so ask refund if you have bought it... like this

XxOblivion77
May 5th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Hey, I can never seem to see the dogs. I used the method you used in your video, except I checked on my own. So, how come they never show up? Is there something more I have to do after the burned tower?

I beat the league already.

This is the X version.

shadoweevee
May 5th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Is that really necessary? -_-
What do the rest of the people think?

Yes, to me it's one of those thing that make the game nice

Probably the best is to get rematches, the better and harder the rematch, the higher the prize, I think. Though this way may not be the fastest way. My advice for you is to not waste your money during the game, save it for when you really need it.
By the way, in the X version trainers give higher ammounts of money.
Sweet, now I don't have to worry about money at all

XxOblivion77
May 5th, 2008, 03:49 PM
loooool.

Another Rock in the rock tunnel.

When will we be able to get past them?

bruom
May 5th, 2008, 03:51 PM
there are many of these rocks... i know 2: one in cerulean and one in the dragons den
actually theres nothing behind them... hope they are used in another beta/final release

dude120
May 5th, 2008, 04:30 PM
there are many of these rocks... i know 2: one in cerulean and one in the dragons den
actually theres nothing behind them... hope they are used in another beta/final release

If you think about it, the one in the Dragon's Den could be a certain green dragon pokemon...but thats just my speculation. I like all of the OW's except the snorlax, but its completely up to you what you put in your game, Zel. Anyways great job, the OW's with the exception of snorlax are awesome. :chu:

XxOblivion77
May 5th, 2008, 04:45 PM
I've explored almost every square inch of the game and I've foun these rocks:

Dragon's Den Rock
Whirl Islands Rock (On the route)
Cerulean Route Area Rock
Rock Tunnel Rock

My theory:

Dragon's Den = Rayquaza
Whirl Islands = Kyogre
Cerulean = ? Maybe Groudon or Mewtwo
Rock Tunnel = Regis

XD001234
May 5th, 2008, 04:55 PM
I've explored almost every square inch of the game and I've foun these rocks:

Dragon's Den Rock
Whirl Islands Rock (On the route)
Cerulean Route Area Rock
Rock Tunnel Rock

My theory:

Dragon's Den = Rayquaza
Whirl Islands = Kyogre
Cerulean = ? Maybe Groudon or Mewtwo
Rock Tunnel = Regis

cerulean is definitely mewtwo im pretty sure zel even sated that earlier in the thread but i have a hunch that groudon will be on cinnibar

clonex25
May 5th, 2008, 05:18 PM

Hmmm... I think I have to adjust the volume of that "rondalla effect" on the Route 36/37 theme (Route 42/44 theme also has it but unnoticeable due to its volume). But thank you anyway.

dude120
May 5th, 2008, 05:41 PM
cerulean is definitely mewtwo im pretty sure zel even sated that earlier in the thread but i have a hunch that groudon will be on cinnibar

That would make perfect sense. I'd bet the tunnel in between Mahogany Town and Black Thorn City may have Regice in the next beta.

clonex25
May 5th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Yes, it is on Sappy, but on R/S/E, not in FireRed or LeafGreen.
In any case it should be ported. It isn't remixed either, it's using the same instruments, it just sounds different because the sound engines in GBC and GBA are different.
In my opinion, that track sucks... it only has 3 Channels and its the same as in Crystal GBC. Other tracks in Pokemon GBA roms can have up to 10 Channels. Just imagine the difference of having 3 instruments compared to 8,9 or 10. Plus it wouldn't fit overall between other tracks.

Yes, it's true. Pokemon GBA music can have up to 10 tracks, but if you observe while playing, some tracks go OFF when another plays. That's because they have to limit the DirectSound tracks to 5 (for town/route themes) or 4 (for battle themes).

Gerri Shin
May 5th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Great job so far Zel I really like the new features now that I've finally gotten a chance to play through B5. Keep it up man!

Dr Gregory House
May 5th, 2008, 11:47 PM
hey,
shiny gold is possibly...no wait...the best fan game ever made.
along the lines of emulation, i am getting an m3ds real and a gba memory expansion soon, if there is anything i need to do in advance before i can play shiny gold on it, please let me know...cus wat's the point of a really awesome game...without the console to play it on? am i right?

The new legendary sprites are totally awesome, even if they are from MD, still cool.

totally support the game, all the way,

sirwillis

yoni159
May 6th, 2008, 07:05 AM
Zel I think there is a problem in Ilex-Forest. if you cut the grass and walk where you have cutted the grass you might run into a psyduck lvl16(checking with Advance Map made me think it's water wild). hope you'll finish the game soon.

EDIT: it's actually psyduck LVL12,14 or 16.
EDIT2: also 15 and 11

insectduel
May 6th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Hey, Zel. It's good to see you again.

I recently played BETA 5 of your hack and it was good. However, I've just getting started with the game so I already earned 2 badges on the first run.

It's good to play Pokemon Hacks again after a year of a damaged Hard-drive.

spaceboy827
May 6th, 2008, 12:47 PM
sry, i forgot bout the pirates thing and does anyone no if you can still do the teleport thing to get to kanto on the route after mahogany?

Ryousha
May 6th, 2008, 01:42 PM
@Zel:
Sheesh, Red in the... you know what in Shiny Gold... saw some picture glitch battle
that shows RIVAL CARLOS then it shows a picture of RED instead..(it looks like ASH for some reason.)

ajg.dude
May 6th, 2008, 06:15 PM
I'd just like to compliment clonex on the wonderful job he's done with some of the tracks. The music from SGC was probably some of my favourites from the series, and listening to the tracks bring back so many great memories, but is also sort of new and updated, so great job!

Aura Guardian Zach
May 6th, 2008, 09:05 PM
About the grass in Ilex Forest. I know how to fix it. It's simple: Open up Advance Map 1.9, then go to the map, then go to Block Editor, click on the tile and on the far right, you will see some drop menus, change the first one from 02 (Grass Animation (Pokemon)) to 08. (08 is the same as the cave tiles)
The bottom one is a bit hard for me to explain but I think you already know.
Oh yeah! The stairs and teleport pads in Tin Tower can warp without Scripts, I just forgot the numbers...

Sorry if you already knew this, I just wanted to help fix some glitches...

AngryCroconaw
May 6th, 2008, 09:52 PM
omg I cant waith until beta 6 comes out, I wanna see what the mt. silver looks like! :D

smballer23
May 6th, 2008, 10:23 PM
if Nintendo is going to make a new pokemon version, it will be a third game for diamond and pearl, so its actually a good thing Shiny Gold is not dead yet. What do u guys think?

Dialga_753
May 6th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Shiny Gold is NOT, and never will be, dead. It's too good a game.

JJK
May 7th, 2008, 02:06 AM
Shiny Gold is NOT, and never will be, dead. It's too good a game.
Of course, and whoever wants it dead will have a pissed off tyranitar at their door by tomorrow

Dr Gregory House
May 7th, 2008, 02:40 AM
yeh, i agreez
and know wat else? even if they do release their duskgold and their dawnsilver... shiny gold will forever be out of their league...it came first, it owned first, it had 250 000 thread views!
=]

yoni159
May 7th, 2008, 03:05 AM
yeh, i agreez
and know wat else? even if they do release their duskgold and their dawnsilver... shiny gold will forever be out of their league...it came first, it owned first, it had 250 000 thread views!
=]

you're not really right.
first, Zel done his work based on Nintendo's game.
second, Zel's hack will never be perfect, as it won't have a pokenav.
third, ShinyGold is for GBA which for Nintendo is a dead game. if you ask me soon the GBA will be as the GB and the GBC.
and 4th: it's a HACK so actually Nintendo can blame him for hacking there game. still this hack is still very good and I support it in 100%.

[.εternity]
May 7th, 2008, 03:19 AM
you're not really right.
third, ShinyGold is for GBA which for Nintendo is a dead game. if you ask me soon the GBA will be as the GB and the GBC.
and 4th: it's a HACK so actually Nintendo can blame him for hacking there game. still this hack is still very good and I support it in 100%.
First,Zel changed every thing from tilesets to trainers to music to pokemon poses and locations.Would you even know that this is firered version if you didn't play it before downloading Shiny Gold?
Second,it has replacements for the pokenav,like the telephone poles.In the final release it will also have radio,and no need for a world map incorporated when you have one in bag.
Third,being for GBA doesn't make a game suck.Have you seen Pokemon Prism?It is for GBC and it is still played by people and is very popular.
Fourth,Nintendo said people can hack those games as long as they don't take fees/taxes/etc.So Nintendo would blame the whole community that hacks games/make games using Pokemon,but you know what?They don't!
End of rant.
Also,I can't wait for beta 6,all those new overworlds look promising,I can't wait to see them in-game!Also good job clonex the route 29 remix is magnificent!
~Rapidash~

Epsilon
May 7th, 2008, 06:52 AM
Zel,

it would be cool if you insert al the new evo's en pre-evo's from generation IV.
I know that you said that it's hard with the trading, but you can make a simple script that you can't trade them. It would be really cool having a magmortar in my party :P

zel 2.0
May 7th, 2008, 07:05 AM
Also zel guess what? This plays way better on no$gba then vba. Just so you know.

Weird, because I heard some other times that they were having problems playing it on NO$GBA, meh, as you can see each emu is alive and does whatever it wants XP

well zel about the legends pics (what a freakin policy of no urls or pics til 15 posts, EVEN IN QUOTES!)

-well the dogs look GREAT the only thing keeping them from perfection would be to them extremespeed themselves out of the tower nstead of bunny hopping
-with ho-oh just use that mystery dungeon sprite
-ah.. unless i forgot what a head is, i dont think snorlax is EATING the tree, instead it looks like he's "realesing body pressure" on it
-and lugia... i gotta be honest, it loooks like the great snow man... (and in R\S\E its eyebrows are black, not blue)

i got another suggestion to make... well its not mine its from a friend of mine who plays diamond, but i think its acceptable (sort of, i never played any DS game :p he'll kill me if i dont ask this)
D\P pokes will NOT be inserted, but as you said you have some extra slots for pokes, how about 4th generations pookes DIRECTLY linked to the other present ones e.g. mantyke? (BTW how many slots are there left just curiosity? 14 to make 400?)

About the dogs, I wanted to make it as it was in the original (they just bunny hopped out of the tower, and I though that was funny, so, why not? :P)
In one of the Notes I wrote below the screenshots, I stated that it was probably a problem with the tile, which I'll have to fix later, it's not a big deal.
It's not like it's much of a difference, or is it? Oh well, I'll see if I have some black tones in the palette I used for Lugia, if I have I'll change its eyebrows.

About the DP, the answer is still a no. The main problem adding DP Poke is that they ruin the whole trading system, and add problems to the Pokedex, and a lot of other stuff (and, the most important one, adding new Pokemon implies a lot of work that I do not see interesting -_-)
There are plenty hacks with DP Pokemon added in (recommend Ruby Destiny for that ;P)
I think that there are the same quantity as the ammount of letters, according to Baro's theory they were probably planning to use a slot for each Unown.

or is it already patened by nintendo?

I just wanted to quote this because it made me laugh a few minutes :laugh:

Hey, I can never seem to see the dogs. I used the method you used in your video, except I checked on my own. So, how come they never show up? Is there something more I have to do after the burned tower?

I beat the league already.

This is the X version.

There are a bunch of randoms acting, so, till the random reaches the point where it decides to put a dog's sprite on the route, it'll take a while (on the video I've reduced the ammount of random chances so that's why they showed up more often ;))
Keep trying!

Zel I think there is a problem in Ilex-Forest. if you cut the grass and walk where you have cutted the grass you might run into a psyduck lvl16(checking with Advance Map made me think it's water wild). hope you'll finish the game soon.

EDIT: it's actually psyduck LVL12,14 or 16.
EDIT2: also 15 and 11
About the grass in Ilex Forest. I know how to fix it. It's simple: Open up Advance Map 1.9, then go to the map, then go to Block Editor, click on the tile and on the far right, you will see some drop menus, change the first one from 02 (Grass Animation (Pokemon)) to 08. (08 is the same as the cave tiles)
The bottom one is a bit hard for me to explain but I think you already know.
Oh yeah! The stairs and teleport pads in Tin Tower can warp without Scripts, I just forgot the numbers...

Sorry if you already knew this, I just wanted to help fix some glitches...

Yeah, I know that in tile-related problems I'll have to go to AMap 1.9, but as of now, I'm still using the 1.82 (I see it more stable for now), so maybe I'll fix some errors for the next Beta, and the rest for the final release.
Thanks for the explanation, though, Shadow Zach.

sry, i forgot bout the pirates thing and does anyone no if you can still do the teleport thing to get to kanto on the route after mahogany?

As far as I know, I think it doesnt lead you to Kanto anymore (maybe it'll probably send you to Blackthorn, as I've used R4's PC as Blackthorn's PC)

@Zel:
Sheesh, Red in the... you know what in Shiny Gold... saw some picture glitch battle
that shows RIVAL CARLOS then it shows a picture of RED instead..(it looks like ASH for some reason.)

I didnt understand well, where would that happen?

---

So, I'm starting to work on the digging mini-game, which is quite interesting (and it'll be more to show it once it's done), of course, I'm sure all the mini-games will use a lot of variable so that cannot be avoided (unlike Baro, I'm a "variable waster" :P), it'll take a while as the script is quite long and I have my real life knocking the door every five minutes. But whatever, just have some patience and then I'll show screenshots about it.

That's all for today, be good!

shinygoldash
May 7th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Ooooh!

I think dat i know what a few minigames are for.

Man, I cannot wait for screenies!

bobmarleypeople
May 7th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Soup all! I'm back (not that I did much anyways apart from report people selling the game on ebay). It's awesome that things are getting there slowly but surely.

be good!

Do you even need to ask? ;)

Superjub
May 7th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Dont worry, I can wait for the screenies (even though it will be awesome when we see them, the digging mini game sounds great.)
I dont know if I've commented on the md sprites yet but I think some are great like the dogs and Ho-Oh. Though, for some strange reason I think Lugia looks strange (I think he looks too big) but it's probably just me.
Anyway, keep up the nice work and good luck :D

spaceboy827
May 7th, 2008, 12:40 PM
well sigh, at least my stupidity gave u a reason to laugh

JJK
May 7th, 2008, 02:54 PM
you're not really right.
Well there's other four things you have to think about:
1st: There's a lot of ppl who have flash cards and for those this is a must (i have yet to give a good compliment to shiny gold: for what the beta shows, this WILL BE the best GBA game i ever played)
2nd: As far as i know there's still not a decent DS emu (or at least not a stable and tried as VBA)
3rd: There is A LOT of ppl (in wich i include myself) who just dont like the DS
4th: All the above - shiny gold wasn't made to be a commercial game (of course), it was made for ppl who play it in their pc's (or cellphones, as my case :D ) and are not restricted to what nintendo offers us

Anyway, i found another bug: when we talk amelia at mahogany town and she gives us items, she doesn't "go", as she says,she just stays put until we have blown up the rocket hideout, and if we talk to her again she will give us the items again, and again, and again... kind of a nice bug :D

(one tiny question: i think my english is quite good i think, but as im portuguese theres some words i sometimes dont get. So... is "blushing" to have your face red when you're shy? (lol) )

Anyway i was thinking of something else - as in both shiny gold and the original generation II games the rocket executives state that geovanni is away training (although he has simply retired, but i dont buy it :) ), what about giving us the chance of facing him?

dude120
May 7th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Well there's other four things you have to think about:
1st: There's a lot of ppl who have flash cards and for those this is a must (i have yet to give a good compliment to shiny gold: for what the beta shows, this WILL BE the best GBA game i ever played)
2nd: As far as i know there's still not a decent DS emu (or at least not a stable and tried as VBA)
3rd: There is A LOT of ppl (in wich i include myself) who just dont like the DS
4th: All the above - shiny gold wasn't made to be a commercial game (of course), it was made for ppl who play it in their pc's (or cellphones, as my case :D ) and are not restricted to what nintendo offers us

Anyway, i found another bug: when we talk amelia at mahogany town and she gives us items, she doesn't "go", as she says,she just stays put until we have blown up the rocket hideout, and if we talk to her again she will give us the items again, and again, and again... kind of a nice bug :D

(one tiny question: i think my english is quite good i think, but as im portuguese theres some words i sometimes dont get. So... is "blushing" to have your face red when you're shy? (lol) )

Anyway i was thinking of something else - as in both shiny gold and the original generation II games the rocket executives state that geovanni is away training (although he has simply retired, but i dont buy it :) ), what about giving us the chance of facing him?

That would be really cool. Zel, you should seriously use that idea. Maybe that will be some kind of quest to fight Giovanni before you battle red or something.

JUAN7845
May 7th, 2008, 06:45 PM
i never thout that it would get this far this is realy amazing

shinygoldash
May 7th, 2008, 10:22 PM
i never thout that it would get this far this is realy amazing

Yep, it is still going minute by minute.

Zel: I think the legendary dogs bit is kinda scary y'know. cuz big legendaries don't bounce around like they're bunnies. Nintendo did the dogs like that cuz of the sprites. I think if there was a nintendo gsc re-make they would flash the screen. YOU should make them disappear 1 by 1.

The Wave
May 8th, 2008, 12:43 AM
Yep, it is still going minute by minute.

Zel: I think the legendary dogs bit is kinda scary y'know. cuz big legendaries don't bounce around like they're bunnies. Nintendo did the dogs like that cuz of the sprites. I think if there was a nintendo gsc re-make they would flash the screen. YOU should make them disappear 1 by 1.

that's a great idea, though it's still better that they "run" out of the tower, like in the original games. they fled when they saw you. however, I agree that they don't need to bounce around and screen flashing would make it cooler.

oh and zel, great hack, keep it up!

-Neji-
May 8th, 2008, 03:24 AM
i'm just wondering in shiny gold; how do you evolve your evee to umbreon, since there is no night or day in the game .. and can you get lugia in shiny gold?

Kentai
May 8th, 2008, 03:41 AM

You got it quit right^^ blushing means that you get your face all red, normally because of shyness xD (often used in animes... man I love animes....)

er...

to Zel:
Your Hack is the most awsom piece of Pkmn games ever made! I love it, espacially because the G/S/C series was the one I liked most among the Games and the Anime, great thanks for this super grate remake!

destinedjagold
May 8th, 2008, 03:58 AM
i'm just wondering in shiny gold; how do you evolve your evee to umbreon, since there is no night or day in the game .. and can you get lugia in shiny gold?

Eevee to Umbreon with Moon Stone...
Eevee to Espeon with Sun Stone. ;)

And I dunno about Lugia though... :\

-Neji-
May 8th, 2008, 04:23 AM
oh thanks, where do i get the moon stone?

Mitchman
May 8th, 2008, 04:24 AM
DJG no lugia cause well no pewter. Another reason beta 6 is something I am waiting for. And zel I know your planning another hack but could you let some one do some altering and make a shimmery silver version. Not with to many changes just you know make lugia the legendary.

Cid
May 8th, 2008, 04:30 AM
I can't wait for Beta 6 too... I mean, I want to play more of SG...

-Neji-
May 8th, 2008, 04:32 AM
can someone tell me where to get get the moon stone?

pokegamefreak
May 8th, 2008, 05:26 AM
can someone tell me where to get get the moon stone?

i think there is one in the union cave, behind a boulder on the first floor.

Cid
May 8th, 2008, 05:35 AM
It's the first time I heard that there's a Moon Stone in Union Cave... Where in Union Cave is it?

pokegamefreak
May 8th, 2008, 05:53 AM
i think there is one in the union cave, behind a boulder on the first floor.

It's the first time I heard that there's a Moon Stone in Union Cave... Where in Union Cave is it?

on the first floor but maybe it was another evo stone.
( I was pretty soure that there was a moon stone ) sorry

Cid
May 8th, 2008, 06:03 AM
How about a Sun Stone? Where do you get one?

Mitchman
May 8th, 2008, 06:18 AM
I think from the bug contest if my memories of playing silver are correct. And go to the help thread. Doing this here is spam. To me.

zel 2.0
May 8th, 2008, 06:28 AM
I dont know if I've commented on the md sprites yet but I think some are great like the dogs and Ho-Oh. Though, for some strange reason I think Lugia looks strange (I think he looks too big) but it's probably just me.
Anyway, keep up the nice work and good luck :D

Dont know why it looks to you that way, as far as I remember Lugia is quite big in size compared to humans, isnt it?

Source: http://pokemon.marriland.com/diamond_pearl/pokedex/lugia&dexmode=all

About the bug, I have heard about it quite a few other times, but, for some reason, I was never able to reproduce it. I'll bother myself and the testers about it when the testing phase begins.

About Giovanni, I guess I'd say no for now, because we have enough interesting people to battle. But, I may change my mind, I dont really think I'm gonna do it.

I dont really know if making disappear (kinda like when you meet them in the wild and they run away) would be nice.

Well, if I have some time today I'll keep up with that script, as I said before, it's quite long with a few repeatitive parts (which means it's not hard, but still tiring)

[EDIT]: Oh, I was noticed that there were some missing pics in the first post, once I go back to Windows, I'll reupload them foolish imageshack -_-

pizzakoe
May 8th, 2008, 08:15 AM
DJG no lugia cause well no pewter. Another reason beta 6 is something I am waiting for. And zel I know your planning another hack but could you let some one do some altering and make a shimmery silver version. Not with to many changes just you know make lugia the legendary.

Huh? Another Hack? why Am I not informed I always tought Zel said he wouldn't make another hack before he finishes this one!
So is it true Zel? And do you already know what kind of hack it's going to be? (Halfremake like SG, or maybe Diamond and Pearl Hacking? Or a Completely new story connected to Shiny Gold?)

-Pizzakoe-

(I'm sorry for the Off-toppicness...)

shinygoldash
May 8th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Wow Lugia is pretty big. Lugia sprite is practically perfectly suited.
I'm still not sure about Ho-oh... Too freakishly big...

Fossacious
May 8th, 2008, 09:10 AM
well, whenever i go to pallet town, its just new bark with with weird squares around. is that fixed in the bugfix? because i downloaded it and im having problems with the bugfix. whenever i download those files, they appear as an ips file. is there any way i can use these files to effect the game?

Cid
May 8th, 2008, 09:20 AM
You need to patch the IPS file into a clean Ruby ROM... You can use Lunar IPS Patcher for that matter...

GalaxyTurboTwister
May 8th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Hey Zel,
I'm looking forward to seeing those pictures from the mini-games you plan to make. It certainly will be fun to play (at least for me, as Nintendo kindly made mini-games of FR only via wireless adapter......) Have you thought about Secret Bases? I know this ain't RSE but it would be cool to have those secret bases.

pizzakoe
May 8th, 2008, 10:05 AM
You need to patch the IPS file into a clean Ruby ROM... You can use Lunar IPS Patcher for that matter...

That's Fire Red For you ;)

shinygoldash
May 8th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Hey Zel,
I'm looking forward to seeing those pictures from the mini-games you plan to make. It certainly will be fun to play (at least for me, as Nintendo kindly made mini-games of FR only via wireless adapter......) Have you thought about Secret Bases? I don't this ain't RSE but it would be cool to have those secret bases.

Hmmm... more likely gona be like using dig in certain places to find something valuable.

Secret bases: I think zel could just do a room in the new region like in a cave which we could use as a healing place e.t.c

geno421
May 8th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Figured I'd make a banner to add to your collection of support signatures because I love SG so much. :)
(oh and you might want to update the url's on quite a few of those banners)

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/2618/shinygoldsigly3.jpg (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=2754392)

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/2618/shinygoldsigly3.jpg (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=2754392)

-Neji-
May 8th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Just wondering how to get a scizor in shiny gold, cos my scyther is level 38 now

Wow i'm impressed with that geno

When do you think you will be finished with your game? .. i just had a look at it.. seems really impressive!

May 8th, 2008, 08:02 PM
When do you think you will be finished with your game? .. i just had a look at it.. seems really impressive!
you don't need to post 3 posts in a row...Anyways you could go to the Shiny Gold help thread or go to the pokedex in the first post...

dude120
May 8th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Figured I'd make a banner to add to your collection of support signatures because I love SG so much. :)

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/3007/shinygoldsigmf6.jpg (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=2754392)

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/3007/shinygoldsigmf6.jpg (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=2754392)

That is amazing! That is probably the best banner, I've seen!:shocked:

destinedjagold
May 8th, 2008, 09:21 PM
indeed, the banner is awesome, however, the 'G' in Shiny Gold looks more like a letter 'C'.., making it Shiny Cold... :\

Anyways, it's still a lovely banner. :3
I wish zel will add it in the BannerLand in the first post as what he did with FireFlame(my brother)'s banner. :3

geno421
May 8th, 2008, 09:26 PM
aha I noticed that too. I shall attempt to fix that now (should be interesting fixing since I forgot to save a PSD >.> )

EDIT:

There we go...fixed it. Edited it in my original post...

-Neji-
May 8th, 2008, 09:36 PM
sorry for posting so many times, But would you mined pointing me in the right directions to that help pokedex thread?

geno421
May 8th, 2008, 09:41 PM
sorry for posting so many times, But would you mined pointing me in the right directions to that help pokedex thread?

Well they actually said to go to the help thread (scrapbox) or to use the Pokedex located on the first post.

You mixed the two together and got pokedex thread.

Anyways...

Pokedex - http://www.sendspace.com/file/lwxl38

Help Thread - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=123140

AngryCroconaw
May 8th, 2008, 09:42 PM
man, I want beta 6 to come out so that I can battle Red!

Platinum Lucario
May 8th, 2008, 09:48 PM
man, I want beta 6 to come out so that I can battle Red!
Just wait a bit longer...
zel has almost finished it, he just needs to do the mini games...
it should tell you the progress on the first post. ;)

waregreymon
May 8th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Can't wait to play b6 on my psp!

Dialga_753
May 8th, 2008, 11:21 PM
How do you get the game onto the psp anyway?

-Neji-
May 8th, 2008, 11:27 PM
i cant evolve my scyther lol .. its really bugging me

Platinum Lucario
May 8th, 2008, 11:39 PM
Hi zel, maybe for the Kanto Region, you could insert FRLG tilesets
because in Pokémon Gold it had tilesets for both Johto and Kanto Regions,
the Kanto Region tileset in Pokémon Gold had the same tileset
from Pokémon Red. Maybe you could insert them as tileset 1
and then fix the errors on the tileset and ajust the block palettes. ;)

waregreymon
May 8th, 2008, 11:42 PM
How do you get the game onto the psp anyway?

Here's not the place to discuss that. Its very similar to the way you would play it on a pc! Google it!
Anyways i like the remixes gsc music clonex made. Hope to see some in b6! This hack is sure going to keep us busy playing for many hours!

-Neji-
May 8th, 2008, 11:48 PM
ok just found out that you evolve scyther with a moonstone, now where do i get a moonstone lol?

geno421
May 8th, 2008, 11:55 PM
ok just found out that you evolve scyther with a moonstone, now where do i get a moonstone lol?

There are plenty of areas in the game to get one. Try searching around in Mt. Moon. :P

Kinda being lazy not searching.

JJK
May 9th, 2008, 01:20 AM

I really dont like the shiny gold letters but the Ho-Oh is simply AMAZING

Short Range
May 9th, 2008, 01:44 AM

Must you post such awesome things? It made my brain explode. xD

Very nice job there.

evaN35
May 9th, 2008, 02:28 AM
when will you update the game ,zel ?

billi1000
May 9th, 2008, 03:19 AM
so wen will you release the final version, is it before the end of this year? keep up the beautiful work man.

Mitchman
May 9th, 2008, 04:25 AM
When he he wants to update he shall update and when he wants to finsh it he shall finish it. We all want it to be finished but we dont spam every so often about betas do we. Rom hacking is considered as a hobby not his life work and people have lives and better things to do then sit on a computer and hack a game. So stop spamming. Anyway beta 6 on the road to being posted soon. Ok so this good. I think.

Adammac
May 9th, 2008, 05:10 AM
This is very good hack, I'm waiting for next beta.
I found glitch: http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l91/Adammac2006/sql-pkfr_02.png

JJK
May 9th, 2008, 06:15 AM
I found glitch: http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l91/Adammac2006/sql-pkfr_02.png
Thats an old bug, the ilex forest grass. I dont know much about hacking but i think it is a hard bug to crack, that one. It appears it will be fixed in B6 (though i still dont know how its possible to, even if by a bug, put grass beneath a cuttable tree)

Another thing zel. Consedering the limitations of the headbutt system, could you fix the appearance rate of Heracross, Shedinja, etc. ? So one doenst spend three hours ramming heads on trees (and, in the real world, walls) to find only Caterpies, Metapods, Butterfrees and Spearows next time...

zel 2.0
May 9th, 2008, 06:27 AM
Huh? Another Hack? why Am I not informed I always tought Zel said he wouldn't make another hack before he finishes this one!
So is it true Zel? And do you already know what kind of hack it's going to be? (Halfremake like SG, or maybe Diamond and Pearl Hacking? Or a Completely new story connected to Shiny Gold?)

-Pizzakoe-

(I'm sorry for the Off-toppicness...)

As you said, I dont like to work on two different things at the same time (or even switching from one project to another sounds confusing), what I am doing is, while I work on SG, I start to think on stuff for another project after SG. But, first things first, we've got to finish SG.

And no, I dont want to reveal anything yet. That's for avoiding regreting about something if it doesnt work.

Wow Lugia is pretty big. Lugia sprite is practically perfectly suited.
I'm still not sure about Ho-oh... Too freakishly big...

They are similar in size, I think.

well, whenever i go to pallet town, its just new bark with with weird squares around. is that fixed in the bugfix? because i downloaded it and im having problems with the bugfix. whenever i download those files, they appear as an ips file. is there any way i can use these files to effect the game?

The thing is that you are not supposed to go to Pallet, and if you do, then you are just going to a bugged version of it. On the B6 I'm working it is fixed so no more tile bugs for you.

Hey Zel,
I'm looking forward to seeing those pictures from the mini-games you plan to make. It certainly will be fun to play (at least for me, as Nintendo kindly made mini-games of FR only via wireless adapter......) Have you thought about Secret Bases? I know this ain't RSE but it would be cool to have those secret bases.

In fact, there's something involving that (though not secret bases, but it is better not to spoil everything... Anyway, that's something that'll come in the final release, but I'll leave some clues in the B6)

I'll upload it to the first post later, now I want to do other stuff. Thanks for the banner ;)

Hi zel, maybe for the Kanto Region, you could insert FRLG tilesets
because in Pokémon Gold it had tilesets for both Johto and Kanto Regions,
the Kanto Region tileset in Pokémon Gold had the same tileset
from Pokémon Red. Maybe you could insert them as tileset 1
and then fix the errors on the tileset and ajust the block palettes. ;)

If there's something I dont like is tile editing. Just in case there's someone here who still doesnt know it. So, the less tile editing I have to take care of, the better it will be, and it'll take less time, give less headaches. And, it's not like it's really necessary, in my opinion.

Yeah, tile errors (see? that's what I was talking about -_-)

Anyway, your post gives me the chance for people to know that Adammac is working on a Polish version of SG, so if you want to know more about it, just look at Adammac's signature.

This also goes for anyone who'd like to translate the game into another language, I dont mind if you want to, as long as you know how to do it. I do not seek official translations, so anyone is allowed to make their own :D

choatix
May 9th, 2008, 07:36 AM
don't you think you're being a bit mean with the game corner prizes?
The pokemon are all at level 5! Even in FR and Gold was not like this, was it?
Can't you change that? Spedning 9999 coins on a porygon and getting it at level 5? Come on...
What are the odds of wilds pokemon? What I mean by this is simply, there are 12 slots of pokemon and what are the odds of each pokemon appearing? For grass, water, tree and fishing.
CXos whatever the case is, you seem to spend FOREVER searching for rare pokemon like Pineco, Heracross, Exeggcute, Aipom, Volbeat, Ninjask, Shedinja, etc.
Does Nincada still create a Shedinja when it evolves?
And, is there a ThunderStone in the game other than the one from Bill's Grandpa? I want Raichu...
What pokemon is Bill's Grandpa after? Oddish first, but whats the star pokemon? I don't lniw if this is the case in B5, but in B4 Staryu or Starmie: it wasn't either. I was waiting for a thunderstone agian...
Can you make sleeping pokemon come out of headbutt trees? I'm gatheruing you can't, but it would be cool.
About Kurt and his custom pokeballs? Well, the Dive and Premier Balls are all the same as pokeballs in this game aren't they? Maybe you can chnage them, or replace them? And, while on that subject, what about this: I know it's Crystal, but can you make Kurt take ALL the apricorns of a colour and turn them all into balls in one time? Eg. if you have 4 Green Apricorns, you can give him all 4 to tyurn them all into Friend Balls. And, if you do not intend on changing them, maybe ask for confirmation before picking them, because accidently picking up a White or Yellow apricorn is annoying because I could just easily battle a trainer and get some money and then buy a pokeball. And maybe, insert the script that buying 10 pokeballs gives a free premier ball?
Do you know the odds of finding these dogs as you enter the maps?
How do you do the Ice Path puzzle in Victory Road? Your Strength rocks and Rock Smash rocks do not seem to stay where they are when you change maps, is that a glitch... it trapped me in the Trick House... but, how do you fget that item down the botom? (ive seen it in A.Map)
You know the guiy that sells Tiny Mushrooms... can't you make TinyMushrooms still be bought in the Maghoney Shop, so we can easily use the move relearner? Or make a place where only Paras and Parasect appear? (maybe Mt. Moon). After all, there was one in FR...
One more thing... I have so mnay things to ask, maybe you can make the rebattle trainers hold items, but the items they would give you before, or juts imple battle items. (like have the schoolboy on Route 36 having his tnagels or what not holding a fire stone (use thief to get it), or use trainers to hold sitrus berries in the E4. PET cannot do this, but trainer-edit can. Use that. D'u think it's a good idea?
pHEW... Thats it, I think... XD
for now.

shinygoldash
May 9th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Zel, will you improve some of the cave tiles cuz they kinda look out-done if you compare it to outside graphics?

pizzakoe
May 9th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Zel, will you improve some of the cave tiles cuz they kinda look out-done if you compare it to outside graphics?

As if you can't answer that by yourself....
If I'm not wrong, Zel Will changes them (Guaranteed), because he doesn't want to leave anything the same as before, but also: Zel HATES to change Tilesets etc. so I think we must not expect it in Bèta 6.
Am I right Zel?

Stalin Malone
May 9th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Can you make the game corner pokemon all come out at level one please?

Dr Gregory House
May 9th, 2008, 05:46 PM
hey zel, just a quickie here,
you know how on the joto map there is a big desert above olivine...if i rememeber correctly...well perhaps that could be a desert sort of place where you get regirock registeel and groudon?
and the ocean part...perhaps kyogre, regice and articuno?
or are you remapping the seafoam islands for articunoand will moltres still be in the islands? or are you redoing that aswell?

just a quick tile error...hope it don't piss you off...but when in caves if your surfing next to a ledge you sometimes appear ontop of it.

cheers, and keep up the good hacking

MeccaPrime
May 9th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Zel,

Beautiful job. This hack is turning out to be a true masterpiece in the making. I remember the greatness of the original G/S and I am glad that someone has taken the initiative to do what Nintendo should have done in the first place. Please do not let this project die like so many other great ones. I believe that the people need a fully complete G/S update like they need air to breathe.

-Neji-
May 9th, 2008, 11:30 PM
Hey, hows everyone? .. i just defeated the 8th gym but there is a big rock blocking the way to an entrance in the dragons den .. and says only dragon masters can enter .. how do i get in?

Torterra DX rox
May 10th, 2008, 12:10 AM
Evey time I try to load it up it comes up with a berry program update for r,s,e and then frezes

S'all good. I got my besterst bro in the whole entire world to fix it. he is smarter than me

JJK
May 10th, 2008, 03:58 AM
wow thank god all this questions arent in paper otherwise zel would sank in it

anyway i found a HUGE bug(ill upload a image when image asap)
i come out of the ice path, i go to the pc at blackthorn and i go right away down the mountain to train
so, before it, i made a quick stop a the mart
ultra balls? nah
hypers? nah
the only thing for sale was this:
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$

???

Blitzballer
May 10th, 2008, 06:28 AM
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w82/Tazkaza/fishyrock.png

Hmm...Whatcha hiding from us this time? Can't wait to find out. [hopefully soon?:paranoid:]
Well, to me, it looks like a perfect spot for Kyogre?

Also, looks like a typo! Tehe.

I just started playing this again and it's incredibly fun. Thanks for bringing Johto back to life (seeing as Nintendo won't!:\).

Apple Inc.
May 10th, 2008, 06:29 AM

i come out of the ice path, i go to the pc at blackthorn and i go right away down the mountain to train
ultra balls? nah
hypers? nah
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$

???

Seems like a patching problem

-Pulls out DS-

every thing is normal for me. Try repatching. did you reuse a save file? If not, patch a CLEAN rom from some place else and rename the .sav to match the name of the rom and place it in the same directory.

I am liking the music, it seems to fit better with the GBA scheme and the new OWs are amazing.

Hmm...Whatcha hiding from us this time? Can't wait to find out. [hopefully soon?:paranoid:]

I just started playing this again and it's incredibly fun. Thanks for bringing Johto back to life (seeing as Nintendo won't!:\).

Whre did you find that rock?

Ryousha
May 10th, 2008, 06:47 AM
That Rock was in the way to the elite 4, surf and go use whirlpool,

the rock is looked beyond by cheating is water an island, and black space.

zel 2.0
May 10th, 2008, 07:20 AM

Sorry I'm quoting you like this, I had the replies written in a Wordpad file, but now I'm not at Windows, so I'll reply to you next time I go back there.

Well, I dont think there's really that much of a difference, but perhaps I'll keep ripping a bit more of DP, and if it looks decent we'll keep things that way. If not, I may leave everything as it is. Dont forget that I want SG to be a mix of all the generations tiles.

Can you make the game corner pokemon all come out at level one please?

While I didnt want them to be higher that Lv5 just to make the training harder, Lv1 is basically a level that I want it to be exclusively for the "starters", kinda as a way to confirm that "they are REALLY starters", so of all the Game Corner Pokemon, only Charmander will remain as the only Lv1

hey zel, just a quickie here,
you know how on the joto map there is a big desert above olivine...if i rememeber correctly...well perhaps that could be a desert sort of place where you get regirock registeel and groudon?
and the ocean part...perhaps kyogre, regice and articuno?
or are you remapping the seafoam islands for articunoand will moltres still be in the islands? or are you redoing that aswell?

just a quick tile error...hope it don't piss you off...but when in caves if your surfing next to a ledge you sometimes appear ontop of it.

cheers, and keep up the good hacking

Well, I dont have planned any desert-like place in Shiny Gold, so forget about that. All of the other legendary Pokemon locations and obtainable ways have been decided already, and it cannot be revealed.

About the tile error, it's because of the water reflection assigned to the surf tile, I know, I know, AMap1.9, AMap1.9, I'll use it a lot when I need to bug fix.

ultra balls? nah
hypers? nah
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$
???????? for 0$

???

And what happens on other marts? Because I never had that problem and it's the first time I ever heard about it.

That rock wont disappear on the next Beta, anyway, so you'll have to keep wondering about it.

jj_olli
May 10th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Long time I haven't replied in this Thread xD, but I see Shiny Gold is getting better and better and as you promised, it looks like it's going to be complete, but I will only play the final version, because I don't want to replay everything or have problems with save Files.
Keep going Zel and rock the Community xP

JJK
May 10th, 2008, 12:58 PM
the other marts are just fine that what makes it strange...and im sure i patched it well

Dr Gregory House
May 10th, 2008, 06:39 PM
hey,

another bug here...not sure if it is actually a bug tho...

i have done all the events except the power plant...why?
that's because even though I have the ghostbuster i can't actually get past the ghosts??
can anyone explain?

another idea, perhaps, if you haven't figured it out...do something else with the credits? like, make it fly over goldenrod and other joto places aswell?

=]

XxOblivion77
May 10th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Hey Zel, can you tell us the following:

What rocks do you plan to remove/make a map for the legendary or event for the next beta?

Also, what do you have planned for the next beta? Mt. Silver perhaps?

Platinum Lucario
May 10th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Also, what do you have planned for the next beta? Mt. Silver perhaps?
The next beta ends after you defeat Red at Mt. Silver

Hey zel, just wondering...
in Pokémon Gold, isn't the name of Mt. Silver called "Silver Cave"?

Ryousha
May 10th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Mt. Silver is actually a giant mountain....

Except with Gold Graphics it seems like you're not even going upper.

But you are actually until you're at the tip of the mountain then fighting RED.

RED'S team is like RED of PokeSpe Manga in GSC saga.

shinygoldash
May 11th, 2008, 12:19 AM
The real upper part was the waterfall thing. That was the only real upper thing cuz mt.silver wasn't that big and they used the black tiles near red to exagerate the height.

The rock is in Johto just to help.

Are there gonna be regi puzles like in emerald to get to them like using fly or wateva?

Platinum Lucario
May 11th, 2008, 12:43 AM
Also Mt. Silver has snow at the top...
but I don't think where you battle Red is the top though, because if it was then there would be a tileset of Ice Path.
Zel, I've got an idea, maybe you could add a peak of Mt. Silver and put something up there. :\

shinygoldash
May 11th, 2008, 12:59 AM
Also Mt. Silver has snow at the top...
but I don't think where you battle Red is the top though, because if it was then there would be a tileset of Ice Path.
Zel, I've got an idea, maybe you could add a peak of Mt. Silver and put something up there. :\

I think a peak is a waste of time.

CresseliaLover
May 11th, 2008, 04:18 AM
is the lv 1 mudkip at union cave a bug?

why at union cave there's no lapras swimming even at friday?

jj_olli
May 11th, 2008, 04:34 AM
Cresselia Lover, please don't double post and the level 1 mudkip is ment to be, and you have to go further into the cave and you have to make sure you don't have activated another time based event (e.g. berries) and please write proper english ;)

CresseliaLover
May 11th, 2008, 04:51 AM
and where to get water stone at shiny gold?