PDA

View Full Version : Weakest Legendary... and the winner is!?

vizforte
August 15th, 2007, 07:08 AM
OK this is a Poll type deal ya'll. I have been playing Leaf Green, of which my kid played first, im playing his file. He only lvled his Charizard, and managed to catch all three birds.. I tried to beat the game with them and his Charizard... yeah not so possible. But I noticed an interesting difference between the three birds... Only ONE was useable for my play style. Articuno.. Zapdos was just lame, he had no electric type attacks, and was only lvl 51, so he didn't lose anything. Had drill peck which is nice, but basically made him a really old hyped up Fearow. lol

SO makes me wonder which is the weakest Legendary pokemon? The options will only be up to 3rd gen. And only the catchable legendary. I havent got DP so, I won't put them in. But feel free to say if they are weaker. I'll addin an option like Yeah but DP legends.. omg lame. lol.

I voted for Zapdos btw. lol

Craig²
August 15th, 2007, 07:11 AM
Zapados/Moltres and the regis are the weakest.

vizforte
August 15th, 2007, 07:12 AM
LMAO, d00d, your fast, I JUST got the poll up and the thread shown with your comment. LOL, quick finger McGee we got. w00t. lol vote away. ^^

Me2UJus4Free
August 15th, 2007, 07:46 AM
Well, if you've going by base stats totals than...

Articuno: 705 points
Zapdos: 705 points
Moltres: 705 points
Mewtwo: 834 points
Mew: 700 points

Suicune: 580 points
Raikou: 580 points
Entei: 580 points
Lugia: 680 points
Ho-Oh: 680 points
Celebi: 700 points

Regirock: 580 points
Regiice: 580 points
Registeel: 580 points
Kyogre: 670 points
Groudon: 670 points
Rayquaza: 680 points
Lotias: 600 points
Latios: 600 points
Jarichi: 700 points
Deoxys: 550 (In it's basic form.)

I'm not doing the D/P legendaries, because there are too many. The original trio has the highest total base stats for a trio, so you're kinda wrong about them being the weakest.

I say that Deoxys is the weakest. 550 points? And it's an uber???

Azonic
August 15th, 2007, 07:52 AM
Is there Rotom? Rotom is by far the weakest...

vizforte
August 15th, 2007, 08:01 AM
Is there Rotom? Rotom is by far the weakest...

Rotom would be in DP, and also from what I read hes not a Legendary. As he breeds. Or so I read. Legendary can't breed, Manaphy is barely legendary, except for the fact it can't breed itself. Only Phione.

Random
August 15th, 2007, 08:16 AM
I have to say Entei and Raikou, are the weakest by how their base stats are organized.

Me2UJus4Free
August 15th, 2007, 08:38 AM
I have to say Entei and Raikou, are the weakest by how their base stats are organized.

The Regies and the Fairies have the same total base stats, too.

Continuation from last post...

Uxie: 580 points
Mesprit: 580 points
Azelf: 580 points

Dialga: 680 points
Palkia: 680 points

Giratina: 680 points
Regigigas: 670 points
Heatran: 600 points
Cresslia: 600 points
Manaphy: 700 points
Phione: 560 points
Shaymin: 700 points

Darkrai: 600
Arceus: 840 points

Random
August 15th, 2007, 08:43 AM
The Regies and the Fairies have the same total base stats, too.

Continuation from last post...

Uxie: 580 points
Mesprit: 580 points
Azelf: 580 points

Dialga: 680 points
Palkia: 680 points

Giratina: 680 points
Regigigas: 670 points
Heatran: 600 points
Cresslia: 600 points
Manaphy: 700 points
Phione: 560 points
Shaymin: 700 points

Darkrai: 600
Arceus: 840 points

I dont need your posts to change my opinion. I said it was the way it was organized, not the total points for it.
(filler)

Me2UJus4Free
August 15th, 2007, 08:53 AM
I dont need your posts to change my opinion. I said it was the way it was organized, not the total points for it.
(filler)

Who says I was trying to change your opinion? I'm not a Nazi or a Missionary. And the way you came up with your decision is heavily flawed. If that's how you make up your mind, than that's a shame.

SilencedShooter
August 15th, 2007, 08:56 AM
I gotta say...the dogs never really did anything for me.

Entei, Raikou and Suicine...all kinda suck.

Random
August 15th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Who says I was trying to change your opinion? I'm not a Nazi or a Missionary. And the way you came up with your decision is heavily flawed. If that's how you make up your mind, than that's a shame.

1) i never called you a nazi, get that straight in your head(sheez now i know how your mind thinks)
2) i dont care if others think if mine our "heavily flawed", its just an opinion, not a fact.
3) When i assume you brought up your previous post up, which wasn't necessary, you try to change people to get them to think like you.

when will you get over it?

And again vizforte sorry for both of our spamming, i think both of legendary dogs are weak, nuff said.

vizforte
August 15th, 2007, 10:34 AM
roflmao..

No worries Shuriken, I know it happens sometimes. Checkout my vent on Cat VS Dog sometime. LOL...

I didn't like the dogs for the simple reason they were annoying to catch. lol.

I personally went with learn set and stats when caught, Not at lvl 100. Why would I wanna get an Abra to lvl 100. Same thing with a Zapdos for me. lol.

Kotowari
August 15th, 2007, 10:50 AM
I have been playing Leaf Green, of which my kid played first, im playing his file. He only lvled his Charizard, and managed to catch all three birds.. I tried to beat the game with them and his Charizard... yeah not so possible. But I noticed an interesting difference between the three birds... Only ONE was useable for my play style. Articuno.. Zapdos was just lame, he had no electric type attacks, and was only lvl 51, so he didn't lose anything. Had drill peck which is nice, but basically made him a really old hyped up Fearow. lol
I voted for Zapdos btw. lol

I have something to say about that. Zapdos is weak when caught, I agree with that. But I learned it Thunder right before I started the Pokemon league. After beating the pokemonleague I continued taining my Charizard, Lapras and Zapdos. With those three Pokemon I could beat the Elite four, even when there levels were higher.
Zapdos is an awesome Pokémon when trained. =|

I vote for the Regi's.
1)They're annoying
2)are really not that special
3)have nothing to do with real legends of the Pokémonworld.

^^"

vizforte
August 15th, 2007, 11:11 AM
I have something to say about that. Zapdos is weak when caught, I agree with that. But I learned it Thunder right before I started the Pokemon league. After beating the pokemonleague I continued taining my Charizard, Lapras and Zapdos. With those three Pokemon I could beat the Elite four, even when there levels were higher.
Zapdos is an awesome Pokémon when trained. =|

I vote for the Regi's.
1)They're annoying
2)are really not that special
3)have nothing to do with real legends of the Pokémonworld.

^^"

All the legends have potential to be uber via training. But, I don't have the patience to play that much of a game where all the TMs have been used on doduos, Sandshrews. Lvl a lvl 13 Vileplume, 5 Wigglytuff... lol... yeah the kid hasn't figured out how to .. um... play the game yet.. heh. Hes good at it, but its a little painful playing his saves. I wouldnt mind grabbing a couple of the pokemon he has. lol. Can't trade them with RSE, until E4 are beaten. heh.

Kotowari
August 15th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Well, yeah, that's true. ^^

I don't know why, but I never/rarely use my TM's. Only Thunder for Zapdos. ^^"

vizforte
August 15th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Well, yeah, that's true. ^^

Im with you, I try to breed them around. Generally the pokemon in the Ground Egg group, get to learn them.... Male members, as they can pass them on genetically. I do teach my battle pokemon TMs, to oppose their types weakness. But otherwise I generally don't.

My kid now.... he has a Blaziken in Ruby, that has Rock Smash, Strength, another HM and Overheat... /sigh.. He made one of the most uber starters a holder. heh.. He will get it eventually.

Ausaudriel
August 15th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Wha? Why? o.o TMs are super useful. @_@

As for the weakest legendary.. if we count D/P, probably Shaymin, but it's absolute adorable-ness makes it awesome anyway. xD

SilencedShooter
August 15th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Your son's just a beginner right? We all used to suck, like back when I'd play pokemon for 20 minutes, and only level up one pokemon, lol.

Now I spend hours playing, leveling up pokemon, breeding them and catching them all. (which im very close to...well was, until d/p came out)

And when you do do that, you'll see most legendaries aren't worth using. Some are, most aren't.

Anti
August 15th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Raikou and Suicune are very effective in many cases. Entei is really bad though...It just sucks. Bad movepool...It just sucks.

Kotowari
August 15th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Wha? Why? o.o TMs are super useful. @_@

Heheh, I know. ^^"
But I rather would train my Pokemon to teach him the best moves then teach them a TM and not be able to teach them their natural moves because the TM is "better".

^ I agree with you, Entei's moves are not the best. That's why using Typhlosion in combination with Ampharos/Suicune is great. x3

Ichida
August 15th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Deoxys's Normal form shouldn't be counted, as his other forms are way more powerful. Weakest legendary? Phione, obviously.

Anti
August 15th, 2007, 01:55 PM
I still say Entei. That thing has the wost stat distribution. Many of the D/P legends are...well...pathetic.

SilencedShooter
August 15th, 2007, 02:55 PM
There are just to many legendary pokemon for me to take them seriously anymore.

Waffle-San
August 15th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Zapdos was so disappointing for me. Articuno was my hero and Moltres actually has potential. I'd say eahter Zapdos, Raikou, Entei or a Regi.

J-Rad
August 15th, 2007, 03:48 PM
the regis SUCK. Worst legends EVER.

Can't belive I wasted my time tring to catch those peices of ****

Faceless*
August 15th, 2007, 04:12 PM
How in the world would Zapdos be the weakest? Articuno is the weakest of the trio birds believe it or not. Raikou is isnt too bad, but ill have to agree with everyone on Entei, that thing is just horrible. The weakest legend is known to be Phione/Rotom

And the Regis are no where near horrible, all you have to do is use them correctly

Anti
August 15th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Yeah, the regis are great walls/tanks. They aren't supposed to be attackers, just look at those stats!

Lordblood
August 15th, 2007, 04:45 PM
I say the Regis, really they were pretty much useless in terms of their stats and attack pool.

Anti
August 15th, 2007, 04:48 PM
But the regis are actually very useful. Registeel has 150 base in both defenses. That's like, dusknoir. Their movepools aren't extrordinary, but their tanking ability, especially Regice, is very good.

MegaDitto
August 15th, 2007, 04:49 PM
"The Regis (they are all the same)"

Uh...no, they're not. >__>;

Anti
August 15th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Bleach and Sunshine is right. Regirock and Regice's stats are exactly opposite. The only thing the same about them is their names are similar. Probably a few more things, but you get the idea.

Ausaudriel
August 15th, 2007, 04:55 PM
The weakest legend is known to be Phione/Rotom
Rotom isn't legendary, that's been said MANY times now. :x It can breed.

Faceless*
August 15th, 2007, 05:54 PM
I say the Regis, really they were pretty much useless in terms of their stats and attack pool.

Wrong again... Regice/Regirock both have 100 Sp.atk/Atk power in their main stats. If you shuffle them carefully with Regirock's Stealth Rock in play, and with Regice's BoltBeam capabilities, its pretty darn useful

Shiraishi
August 15th, 2007, 06:03 PM
..wow. Morons bashing the regis..when they're one of the very few wall-like legendaries. I say moltres or entei. If both of them knew flare blitz that would be a different story..

Anti
August 15th, 2007, 06:22 PM
Yeah, Entei. Stat distribution and movepool make it a decent pokemon, not just by legendary standards. Zapdos is the only usable legendary bird competitively IMO.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and anyone who say the regis suck (in terms of battling) don't know what they're talking about. If you just don't like them that's fine. But they are very good battlers.

MegaDitto
August 15th, 2007, 07:32 PM
Bleach and Sunshine is right. Regirock and Regice's stats are exactly opposite. The only thing the same about them is their names are similar. Probably a few more things, but you get the idea.

Along with that. They are different types. Ice and Steel are not the same.

Entei has amazing HP and can be a good wall. It does have a limited movepool but that does not mean it can be good in battle.

Entei @ Leftovers/Life Orb/Choice Scarf
Nature: Jolly
252 HP/200 Spd/56 Atk
-Overheat
-Stone Edge
-Return
-Extrasensory/Roar

-Will-o-wisp
-Roar
-Fire Fang/Overheat
-Stone Edge

It's just a idea of what Entei can do.

~Swish~
August 16th, 2007, 01:39 AM
I voted D/P legendaries. Not because their weak because most of them aren't, its just become a bit of a joke regarding the amount of legendaries. They just aren't as special anymore as there are so many.

Sir Beasty
August 16th, 2007, 02:35 AM
i dont like any of the regis, theyre pretty stupid and they have good defenses and stuff but they have bad typing, theyre weak against everything....

vizforte
August 16th, 2007, 04:12 AM
Your son's just a beginner right? We all used to suck, like back when I'd play pokemon for 20 minutes, and only level up one pokemon, lol.

Now I spend hours playing, leveling up pokemon, breeding them and catching them all. (which im very close to...well was, until d/p came out)

And when you do do that, you'll see most legendaries aren't worth using. Some are, most aren't.

Yeah he is just a beginner, and thats why it doesnt bother me so much. I find it kinda funny. Cuz for like days on end he will go on about his Blaziken knowing the best fire move in the game... Blaze Kick... lol. Its nice, but we all know not the best. Then he deletes it with overheat. Which ok, yeah stronger. But then yells at his Blaziken for killing groundon in one hit. lol.

About the Regis, I like them, and all the ones I got have gone up 20 lvls, while their moveset in RSE is... virtually Identical, they are different in slight ways. Steel has better balanced def, ice has better specdef, rock... hmm... nope lol.. lol

SilencedShooter
August 16th, 2007, 08:01 AM
I just can't take legendary pokemon seriously anymore.

If they made a new set of pokemon, and half of them were legendary, I bet nobody would be surprised.

vizforte
August 16th, 2007, 12:01 PM
Legendaries have gotten out of hand. I personally would like to see in the next couple generations, redos of the old ones. Catchable Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi would be nice. WHy? because I don't give a crap about the ones I have 4 of anymore, and they need to slowup on how many legendaries there should be.

I mean theres like 17 or something. IN Red and Blue there were only 4, and then you had hints of those normal pokemon that were thought to be legendary, IE Arcanine, Rapidash, Magmar. Mostly Fire type, interestingly. But yeah no more legendary, they ran out of mythos in Japan to rip on. lol.

The ones we can only get via events should come around now. Least thats what I think.

Ausaudriel
August 16th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Legendaries have gotten out of hand. I personally would like to see in the next couple generations, redos of the old ones. Catchable Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi would be nice. WHy? because I don't give a crap about the ones I have 4 of anymore, and they need to slowup on how many legendaries there should be.

I mean theres like 17 or something. IN Red and Blue there were only 4, and then you had hints of those normal pokemon that were thought to be legendary, IE Arcanine, Rapidash, Magmar. Mostly Fire type, interestingly. But yeah no more legendary, they ran out of mythos in Japan to rip on. lol.

The ones we can only get via events should come around now. Least thats what I think.
I wouldn't mind having a regular way to get event legendaries, but Nintendo profits from them a lot. By drawing people out to their events, (in the case of Toys R Us ones and places similar) I'm sure Toys R Us/where-ever probably pays them, given that the event is bringing people into their store. For ones at Pokemon Center / Nintendo World, well that's obvious.

And yeah, I agree that there are a few too many of them (legendaries that is), things should slow down a bit. Like in 5th Gen, perhaps leave out the trio AND storyline-ish legendaries, just make them one in the same or get rid of the trio. Like in RSE, there was no need to have the Regis in there, at least Azelf, Uxie, and Mesprit were part of DP's story line, but so were Dialga and Palkia. Either make the trio the main game legendaries, or leave the trio out entirely. So, I guess I go back to my original point: one or the other, Nintendo, slow down on the legendaries. xD