PDA

View Full Version : so many noobs

latioslegends
August 16th, 2007, 09:06 PM
I swear everytime I play I run into a team of all legeneds but the funny thing is it is so easy to beat them all my evs win but anyway anyone else use legends often?

Pocky
August 16th, 2007, 09:13 PM
I only use them when I have to. Like to beat the elite four on my pkmn games. I prefer to use my evolved pokemon.

Shiraishi
August 16th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Lol, Latios is one of my fav pokemon but hes uber with soul dew >_> I plan on using togekiss to put the nubers in their place.

Jack 7
August 16th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Thats why most people use ubers,they don't understand how to use normal pokemon (or even their ubers) correctly. Kind of sad really.

Cross
August 16th, 2007, 10:45 PM
I can't wait for you to admit you use a Rayquaza every battle.

And you can't really call them noobs, just SUU. Stupid Uber Users.

Palkia Owns
August 16th, 2007, 11:08 PM
I love PBR. I got it like 3 weeks ago. It's very fun. I wan't to battle some people soemtime. I hate noobs on PBR!

latioslegends
August 17th, 2007, 02:47 PM
yeah but still I use some legends sometimes but still it is more better to do it with out legends.

Xoo
August 17th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Well, I have one Legendary in my team. One. So don't bash me.

latioslegends
August 17th, 2007, 05:39 PM
I am not saying one or two is bad I mean like a whole team of legends.

TwilightBlade
August 17th, 2007, 06:09 PM
Lol that's probably the reason why I unplugged my Wii and threw it in the closet. XD They aren't stronger though; it's just annoying to sit there and wait until Blissey finally kills them since the rest of my team gets pwned easily by ubers. So the "SUU" end up running away from me after killing 30 minutes of my time. >O

fearow23
August 17th, 2007, 06:18 PM
My bro is only four so I let him use Ubers when we battle together. But some people on WiFi use moves he wouldn't even use! Using like one or two doesn't make it too bad but too many ubers and it gets tiring every battle.

Ichida
August 17th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Well, I have one Legendary in my team. One. So don't bash me.

*bashes you once lightly* Come on. If we competitive players disapprove of the use of legendaries, why would it be justifiable to use less of them?

Tri-Force X
August 18th, 2007, 09:31 AM
I will never use Ubers in a battle unless it's the E4...

It's Just Fufu
August 18th, 2007, 01:09 PM
There's this thing called the Uber Metagame.

~Mithos~
August 18th, 2007, 02:26 PM
I don't and probably never will use ubers, they don't make very much sense to me. Ubers are used for In-Game battles like the elite four, but not for wi-fi play. Legends aren't exactly a bad thing, but using Ubers kind of says that your too lazy to train a team of your own.

TheReignOverhead
August 18th, 2007, 03:10 PM
I have one legendary, but don't use it in competitive battles. I use Blaziken.
I use the legendary to bust the gym leaders a**es in the game

Forest Grovyle
August 18th, 2007, 03:59 PM
awesomeman500, don't use words that are blocked by PC's word filter. There are always alternatives you can use, and some of the members here are quite young. Please keep this in mind when you post.

--FG

Shiraishi
August 18th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Lol @ Blaziken. Using 1 is still bad =_= Thats like someone having a gun without a license,"No no no its ok I only have 1"

Ichida
August 18th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Using 1 is still bad =_= Thats like someone having a gun without a license,"No no no its ok I only have 1"

Another nice simile, XDD.

sims796
August 18th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Sorry Ichida. I have to take that award away. Cakekun wins the award for best off-the-top response. Although I'll still put yours on my sig, if you don't mind.

Midnight Beat
August 18th, 2007, 08:37 PM
It's funny, my current PBR team isn't EV trained and I still destroy all the uber users on wii-fi. XD

ChrisG14
August 18th, 2007, 10:37 PM
PBR is just like D/P. Except pwning n00bs in 3D. I only played my cousin's, used my EV trained team. BPjask to Sporeloom for the wins. Too meh for me, but it is fun watching n00bs try Thunderbolt Swapret. :laugh:

Smarties-chan
August 19th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Why does everyone keep talking about legendaries and Ubers as if they were the same thing? They're two completely different things and should never be mixed up.
There's this thing called the Uber Metagame.
This post = auto win. And I'm sure many people use Ubers in PBR just so they can stand a chance against other players there. It's an endless cycle. Let's say 30% (just a random number I used as an example) of the PBR players were random 7 year old kids who used Ubers because they look cool. Then people who didn't know about EVs but used regular Pokémon got fed up with getting their butt kicked by Ubers all the time, so they decided they'll use Ubers as well so now 70% (just a random number again) of all players use Ubers. If 7 year old kids would have been banned from PBR we might have less Ubers there.

Melody
August 19th, 2007, 04:35 AM
Why does everyone keep talking about legendaries and Ubers as if they were the same thing? They're two completely different things and should never be mixed up.

This post = auto win. And I'm sure many people use Ubers in PBR just so they can stand a chance against other players there. It's an endless cycle. Let's say 30% (just a random number I used as an example) of the PBR players were random 7 year old kids who used Ubers because they look cool. Then people who didn't know about EVs but used regular Pokémon got fed up with getting their butt kicked by Ubers all the time, so they decided they'll use Ubers as well so now 70% (just a random number again) of all players use Ubers. If 7 year old kids would have been banned from PBR we might have less Ubers there.
Yeah, that's true. If it werent for Ubers being used ny noobs then they would be less common. But I do belive that Ubers are decent pokemon too and should not be excluded from the standard metagame. Ubers are strong. No doubt about that. But they all have one crucial flaw that can be exploited. They have weaknesses and all as well. I feel that if people would balance the standards with ubers when party building that the game wouldnt be so bad.
Yes, when properly trained ubers can be 'titans' and unbeatable by stadard pokemon. But you must realize that most noobs wielding ubers know NOTHING of EVs and the like and do not train them properly. When that occurs the uber is simply as strong as any regular EV trained standard pokemon when it comes to their naturally strong stat(s).
I keep ubers in my team to efficiently counter noob's Ubers and as a back up when all else fails. My ubers arent well trained either. I dont bother EV training them too much because I know their stats will be fine.
To be honest I grow tired of people blaming ubers for ruined battles. They arent much diiferent from the rest and they are only as good as the trainer behind them.

Allen K.
August 19th, 2007, 04:46 AM
I'm planning to use 2 uber pokemon (Mewtwo and Kyogre).

Sure, a team of ubber EV trained, with chosen nature and good IV is so owning.

Mew2coo4schooL
August 20th, 2007, 10:51 PM
i'm sorry but I'm a noob. SOrry! i cant help it...

Tamaki
August 20th, 2007, 11:17 PM
everyones a noob at some point. im one too ^^

Leon K. Fox
August 21st, 2007, 06:17 AM
I love Legendaries as much as the next person, but yeah I do agree, having a whole team doesn't make you an uber Pokemon trainer on ANY of the games.

mage825
August 21st, 2007, 08:05 AM
hey dudes this sucks man........

J-Rad
August 21st, 2007, 10:09 AM
hahahah man that's funny. I'm a noob but I don't use legends. I only use em as HM slaaves in-game.

Sean Kingston
August 23rd, 2007, 08:41 PM
sorry noob here :{

lol im not too noobish though lol..

Akon
August 23rd, 2007, 08:59 PM
I swear everytime I play I run into a team of all legeneds but the funny thing is it is so easy to beat them all my evs win but anyway anyone else use legends often?

yea, i have dat same problem in mario kart ds. every1 cant touch da man behind da plan! 'cept those japanese folk. they hardcore. man.

The Overlord
August 23rd, 2007, 09:17 PM
What's the purpose of dissing someone for using a Pokemon that's coded in the game and made sprites art for so you can enjoy yourself, it's for noobs? If they are you say you can win anyway so I don't really care who uses Ubers or not it's all about using what Pokemon you want and like and battling.x3

Horizon
August 24th, 2007, 01:22 AM
What's the purpose of dissing someone for using a Pokemon that's coded in the game and made sprites art for so you can enjoy yourself, it's for noobs? If they are you say you can win anyway so I don't really care who uses Ubers or not it's all about using what Pokemon you want and like and battling.x3

Hear, hear.

And Uber users are vastly stereotyped anyway. Saying that anyone who uses Ubers are n00bs is a common stereotype I see on Pokémon boards. What baffles me is that people say they give themselves an unfair advantage if they use Ubers, but can beat them. What's to complain about then? Younger fans who don't understand the complexity of IVs and EVs etc will use Ubers, because, naturally, they think they are the strongest. Many OU Pokémon can defeat EV trained Ubers when used in the right way. Shadow Ball from a Choice Scarf Alakazam on Mewtwo, anyone?

Voltagenic
August 24th, 2007, 03:15 AM
Incidentally, there are more people complaining about n00bs than there are n00bs to begin with.

Shining.Shadows
August 24th, 2007, 01:22 PM
I have to say this, but having legendaries on your team does not make you a noob. Also, NOT having legendaries does not make you a 1337 trainer. So what if the person you're battling has them on? If you complain that they're being noobs, read up...
a) They're clearly one step ahead of you, if they're a noob, what does that make YOU?
b) You're a sore loser.
Just because you only battle with non Legers does not make you the cool kid on the block (after all, is this not Pokémon we are talking about?) No, training your Pokémon up properly so your line-up is built like brick s**t houses and teaching them kickass moves makes you a good trainer, not whether you don't use Legends or not. After all, it's just a game. Get over yourselfs, n00bthrowers. Face the facts, YOU lost to a "n00b" because you suck, not because they have a "cheating" team. If they weren't supposed to have Legers on their team, then they wouldn't be able to. "Sportsmanship" you call it? No, it's a battle of Pokémon.

There's no "sportsmanship" in it, as there is no sport in it, hence the whole virtual aspect of it all. Or have some of you lost your grip on that difference called reality?

Thank you.

Voltagenic
August 24th, 2007, 06:46 PM
I have to say this, but having legendaries on your team does not make you a noob. Also, NOT having legendaries does not make you a 1337 trainer. So what if the person you're battling has them on? If you complain that they're being noobs, read up...
a) They're clearly one step ahead of you, if they're a noob, what does that make YOU?
b) You're a sore loser.
Just because you only battle with non Legers does not make you the cool kid on the block (after all, is this not Pokémon we are talking about?) No, training your Pokémon up properly so your line-up is built like brick s**t houses and teaching them kickass moves makes you a good trainer, not whether you don't use Legends or not. After all, it's just a game. Get over yourselfs, n00bthrowers. Face the facts, YOU lost to a "n00b" because you suck, not because they have a "cheating" team. If they weren't supposed to have Legers on their team, then they wouldn't be able to. "Sportsmanship" you call it? No, it's a battle of Pokémon.

There's no "sportsmanship" in it, as there is no sport in it, hence the whole virtual aspect of it all. Or have some of you lost your grip on that difference called reality?

Thank you.

This post contains immense amounts of win.

Archer
August 24th, 2007, 09:14 PM

Can i point out that your name is Uber...
Do you know why there is uber tier? It has something to do with Base stats and Move pools. I agree that people who use ubers are just lazy. I didnt use any ubers when taking out the elite four. I used my EV trained Torterra and Gyarados. If you think that ubers are just as fair, you probably just cant win without them. How old are you anyway? Ten?

~Mithos~
August 24th, 2007, 09:45 PM
How old are you anyway? Ten?

thats the stupidest insult you can get! whats your IQ, 2? acording to putting 2 as your location it probably is. your name is archer, how creative - the list goes on.

if he doesn't care who uses what he's probably better off the the idiots that go around yelling OMG A UBAR USAR!

if your going to battle, just say no ubers, you don't need to go around flaming people randomly.

anyways i'm an active battler here, and just because there are some people that use ubers, EV trained pokemon can kick thier butt's anyways, although if you are EV training an uber, you've got serious lazyness problems- but thats still no reason to flame over.

Always and Never
August 24th, 2007, 10:54 PM
You guys are saying using Ubers is fair? So, having a pokemon with stats can reach 430 is fair?

Ubers are trophies that remind you when you beat a certain point in the game, and anyone who uses them to compete with the REGULAR competitive battling scene needs that extra boost of handicap because they're either too lazy to play fair, or that they think that winning with Ubers is actually winning.

Hence why Ubers are popular with the newbie scene, since they don't know how to play, but they can still keep up with the veteran players.

Ubers stats are totally cheap, and nothing anybody says in this thread is gonna change their movesets or base stat count.

Horizon
August 25th, 2007, 01:06 AM
b) You're a sore loser.

Thank you.

xXScytherXx, read this please. Thanks. Lol.

Deokishisu
August 25th, 2007, 07:40 AM
I prefer to call people with all uber teams "uber noobs." =)

Actually, I don't think people who use all ubers are noobs, but when I see a moveset that's "Fire Blast, Hydro Pump, Thunder, and Hyper Beam," I pretty much know I'm dealing with a 7-year-old. I've beaten full uber teams before with a lot of ease and sometimes I lose after a hard battle. Does it really matter if people use all ubers as long as you have a good, fun battle playing the game you love?

ChrisG14
August 25th, 2007, 09:12 AM
It's really simple.

If you don't wanr to play with people that use Ubers, just say "No Ubers". It's that simple. Don't accept random battles on Wi-Fi, that can help. And if those "godly" ubers are able to beat your team, and 70% of the time they're not EV trained, then maybe something's wrong with your team. I use BPjask, and I have many options to pass to, or he alone can beat that "Unholy" Mewtwo.

Smarties-chan
August 26th, 2007, 12:31 AM
You guys are saying using Ubers is fair? So, having a pokemon with stats can reach 430 is fair?

Ubers are trophies that remind you when you beat a certain point in the game, and anyone who uses them to compete with the REGULAR competitive battling scene needs that extra boost of handicap because they're either too lazy to play fair, or that they think that winning with Ubers is actually winning.

Hence why Ubers are popular with the newbie scene, since they don't know how to play, but they can still keep up with the veteran players.

Ubers stats are totally cheap, and nothing anybody says in this thread is gonna change their movesets or base stat count.
No, Uber aren't fair, but unless those Ubers are EV trained (most of which aren't), a good player should be able to beat them fairly easily. Most people who play Pokémon are just casual players who don't know anything about natures, IVs, EVs etc and just because we're more knowledgeable of Pokémon than they are doesn't make us smarter than them and it really gives us no right to call them n00bs. (newbies maybe, but not n00bs) If anyone is to blame for this it's Nintendo for not banning Ubers, not the people who are using them.

Actually, I don't think people who use all ubers are noobs, but when I see a moveset that's "Fire Blast, Hydro Pump, Thunder, and Hyper Beam," I pretty much know I'm dealing with a 7-year-old. I've beaten full uber teams before with a lot of ease and sometimes I lose after a hard battle. Does it really matter if people use all ubers as long as you have a good, fun battle playing the game you love?
That post = win. If those people can enjoy playing the game, why can't we?

anemos
August 26th, 2007, 05:25 AM
deokishiu is right, but nintendo should admit to their own forumgoers that there is a battling community that isnt nessissarily run by their anything-unhacked-is-allowed standard.

The Overlord
August 26th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Legendaries are fair because everyone can use them it's a choice to use them or not it's a choice to insult people if they do it's also a choice to just enjoy yourself.

One of the main reasons people use Legendaries is because they look "Cool" compared to most of the other Pokemon.

sims796
August 26th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Legends aren't the problem. Ubers are. They are too strong & unbalanced. However, the majority of uber users are rookies & children. So it doesn't matter.

Zulen
August 26th, 2007, 09:41 PM
b) You're a sore loser.

Thank you.
How dare you use expansive thought to win an argument! Reality is so n00bish!

I'm going to go vent on message boards!!

sims796
August 27th, 2007, 05:04 AM
No, Uber aren't fair, but unless those Ubers are EV trained (most of which aren't), a good player should be able to beat them fairly easily. Most people who play Pokémon are just casual players who don't know anything about natures, IVs, EVs etc and just because we're more knowledgeable of Pokémon than they are doesn't make us smarter than them and it really gives us no right to call them n00bs. (newbies maybe, but not n00bs) If anyone is to blame for this it's Nintendo for not banning Ubers, not the people who are using them.

That post = win. If those people can enjoy playing the game, why can't we?

I've never read a post that made sense as much as this. This says what I feel perfectly. We can sometimes feel that we are superior because we know more about pokemon. Not true.

Shining.Shadows
August 27th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Legendaries are fair because everyone can use them it's a choice to use them or not it's a choice to insult people if they do it's also a choice to just enjoy yourself.

One of the main reasons people use Legendaries is because they look "Cool" compared to most of the other Pokemon.

Amen to that. After all, how is it unfair that they (n00bs) think outside your (moaners) box of normality? Yeah xXscytherXx has a point that they are "trophies" for when you reach a certain point in the game. But, how will my pokemanzzz ever love me if I don't use them, Scyther?

Particular Note: Hahaha ;D @ Zulen. I'm sorry, it's in my nature to argue to the bitter end! Also I notice a few people quoting what I wrote and, well, thank you for the support! I did feel like ranting a tad. I'm not usually listened to much in forums! Now excuse me whilst I go mong to Gorillaz.

Rioku_Zanketa
August 27th, 2007, 04:59 PM
I use every single pokemon at my disposal. (catching the all isn't my priority at all anymore, meaning I don't catch many pokemon, unless I personally like them for whatever reason.) the only people I consider the dorky-arse word "noob" would be those that just simply put too much time into this game in the first place....o.o...just to point that out.

Il Fuoco Pheonix
August 27th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Hi shelter the words, Italian of i, I have game of dis in American, but not there are right words, than what it is a noob?

The Overlord
August 27th, 2007, 09:55 PM
I don't call them Ubers or whatever I call them Legendaries like they were mean't to be called.

Ubers sounds strange.

sims796
August 28th, 2007, 03:03 AM
I use every single pokemon at my disposal. (catching the all isn't my priority at all anymore, meaning I don't catch many pokemon, unless I personally like them for whatever reason.) the only people I consider the dorky-arse word "noob" would be those that just simply put too much time into this game in the first place....o.o...just to point that out.

I use the word rookie. Noob sounds stupid. But even if people spends a year on the game, so what? They bought it, right? If they can pay for it themselves, who are we to say they can't play it?

Shining.Shadows
August 28th, 2007, 03:56 AM
I use the word rookie. Noob sounds stupid. But even if people spends a year on the game, so what? They bought it, right? If they can pay for it themselves, who are we to say they can't play it?

Amen to that. Alas, it seems that some individuals feel they have a right to say what other people do with their own games.

Jimmyray
August 28th, 2007, 03:57 AM
Most of the time, ubers are actually so much easier to beat than some none ubers. I always find Togekiss a problem along with Defensive Vaporeons and Bronzongs. When someone with Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, Mewtwo, Kyogre and Rayquaza appears, I can usually take them out with my Feraligatr single handedly.

Smarties-chan
August 28th, 2007, 04:42 AM
I don't call them Ubers or whatever I call them Legendaries like they were mean't to be called.

Ubers sounds strange.
But the thing is that ubers and legendaries aren't the same thing. Normal legendaries aren't superior to normal Pokémon in any way, whereas ubers are. Of course most ubers are legendaries as well, but there's a clear difference between an uber and a legendary.

Power Ram
August 28th, 2007, 04:45 AM
yeah its fun pwning the n00bs.

mdarkcecil
August 28th, 2007, 08:06 AM
But the thing is that ubers and legendaries aren't the same thing. Normal legendaries aren't superior to normal Pokémon in any way, whereas ubers are. Of course most ubers are legendaries as well, but there's a clear difference between an uber and a legendary.

Ubers are pokemon that have a base stat total of 600 or more. Legendaries have a base stat total of 600 or more and are one of a kind. Rare pokemon are limited in a game and have a base stat total lower than 600. Not many people realize that

Ariel
August 28th, 2007, 08:31 AM
b) You're a sore loser.

Thank you.

My God.
I can't get over that post.
XD

The following Pokémon are considered 'Uber' and are banned from standard play:
Mewtwo, Mew, Ho-oh, Lugia, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Deoxys (all forms), Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Darkrai, Arceus & Wobbuffet.

Just in case anybody didn't know.

The Overlord
August 28th, 2007, 09:04 AM
What i'm saying is that Nintendo calls them Legendaries not Ubers, Ubers is online slang.

sims796
August 28th, 2007, 09:05 AM
Thank you SO much Ariel. That post you quoted makes very little sense.

Ariel
August 28th, 2007, 09:49 AM
Thank you SO much Ariel. That post you quoted makes very little sense.

I take it you think I was in support of that "rant" of his, as he called it. I merely thought it was somewhat humorous. Hence part of the reason as to why I quoted.
I can see his point, and we should be able to use Legendaries more freely without "OMG N00B" being screamed at us. Which is the the other reason why I quoted it. But I can also see the competitive player's point of view as in to that to hold a decent enjoyable battle that, they should be kept from standard play, kept in battles exclusive to them. >_<

Smarties-chan
August 28th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Ubers are pokemon that have a base stat total of 600 or more. Legendaries have a base stat total of 600 or more and are one of a kind. Rare pokemon are limited in a game and have a base stat total lower than 600. Not many people realize that
That is incorrect. Not all Pokémon with a base stat total of 600 are ubers and not all legendaries have a base stat total of 600 or more. The trios only have a base stat total of 580 and ability, typing and movepool also play a big part in what's uber and what's not. If anyone can seriously say they think Celebi, Jirachi, Cresselia, Heatran, Slaking, Shaymin, Garchomp, Tyranitar, Salemence and Dragonite are ubers they have a lot to learn about Pokémon.

sims796
August 28th, 2007, 09:57 AM
I take it you think I was in support of that "rant" of his, as he called it. I merely thought it was somewhat humorous. Hence part of the reason as to why I quoted.
I can see his point, and we should be able to use Legendaries more freely without "OMG N00B" being screamed at us. Which is the the other reason why I quoted it. But I can also see the competitive player's point of view as in to that to hold a decent enjoyable battle that, they should be kept from standard play, kept in battles exclusive to them. >_<

No I didn't. I thought you were against the parts that were vastly incorrect. Ranting without proper knowledge (the thread you quoted, not you) is never a good idea, despite how right you are.

I agree, ubers are used all too common, but they are often used by casual players & kids, making them no real treat. My 8 year old cousin uses them, cause they "look cool" and, according to him, are "unbeatable". Cute. Should he not use them for our sakes? Do you know his set for Dailgia? The same one you get when you catch it. Is he a threat? Not at all. So whats the problem?

EDIT: Now that I read Ariel's post, I sounded sarcastic. I wasn't aimming for that. I was pay you a compliment. My bad.

sims796
August 28th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Ooo. Burn.

I agree with Yoshi. This quote explains why.

I agree, ubers are used all too common, but they are often used by casual players & kids, making them no real treat. My 8 year old cousin uses them, cause they "look cool" and, according to him, are "unbeatable". Cute. Should he not use them for our sakes? Do you know his set for Dailgia? The same one you get when you catch it. Is he a threat? Not at all. So whats the problem?

But I see why some people are mad. Ubers are unfair, but not when used by unknowledgable kids & casual players.

Always and Never
August 28th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Yes, but little 8 year old kids aren't in competitive battling, so it's not much of a threat like you said.

Ubers are all right to play in the game, not in the metagame.

sims796
August 28th, 2007, 07:21 PM
What? I said they are no threat! Where in my post does it say they are threatening?

Always and Never
August 28th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Jeez, I didn't mean it to be flame bait. I just mean, as long as people don't use it on online play I'll be fine with it. Because it is their game, and people should be allowed to use Ubers if they want, as long as they don't use them in the metagame.

sims796
August 28th, 2007, 07:27 PM
Oh, my bad. Thought you were insulting, by ignoring what I posted. But then again, kids doesn't know anything on ubers. They hardly have knowledge on the word "metagame".

Ichida
August 28th, 2007, 08:17 PM
b) You're a sore loser.

Thank you.

a. Someone who isn't a lazy, dependent, immature n00b.
b. I've never lost to an uber user. They're lazy and dependent and they don't know sh*t about how to train Pokemon.
c. As if we give a flying f*ck if anyone thinks we're cool. We're competitors. We're here to win, and if someone like you can't appreciate that, then leave.
d. There is an element of sportsmanship in Pokemon. Any game has ettiquette to it, and this is how we play this game. Learn to play or leave. That's the reality.

Just because people use ubers do not make them lazy.

In case you forgot, not everyone understands EV's or knows how to EV train. There is nothing wrong with ubers, you just get pissed that people beat you with them.

But they are lazy because they are unwilling to learn how to play in the competitive scene, which does not involve legendaries, whom are nothing more than trophies for beating the game. They are not to be used in competitive play, and anyone who does is using them as a crutch in place of proper training. And don't say I'm pissed about losing, because I've beaten plenty of uber teams. I've even beaten a shiny hacked Regigigas without Slow Start that was using Sacred Fire. I know I can beat ubers, but that doesn't mean I'll condone them.

What's deplorable, is not the n00bish kids who don't know better, but the truly lazyass people who know full well but don't want to take the time required to raise a real team. At least the kids can be taught.

Ársa
August 29th, 2007, 04:03 AM
Still waiting for PBR in Australia.......:(

~M51

Smarties-chan
August 29th, 2007, 04:56 AM
What's deplorable, is not the n00bish kids who don't know better, but the truly lazyass people who know full well but don't want to take the time required to raise a real team. At least the kids can be taught.
Ahem... since when have uber teams not been real teams? Ubers have their own metagame and as long as you don't use ubers outside it, there's nothing wrong with using them. Obtaining a good IVd uber with a good nature is far from easy and raising them is just as hard as raising any other useful Pokémon. I also lol at the fact that you call people who use ubers lazy because they're supposedly easier to raise when you've also openly admitted you use an exp-boosting code to level up your Pokémon. It's pretty sad that you call others lazy after that. =\

sims796
August 29th, 2007, 05:25 AM
Willingness to learn? I disagree with that spot. You're right, some people does not care about EV's & the like. We competitors didn't make the game. If they wanna play casually, who are we to tell them otherwise? Time required to make a team? Maybe they don't care about the game like we do to bother with EV's, IV's, & the like. They have full right to play wi fi, & PBR. The game wasn't made "reserved for hardcore gamers", it was made for whoever can fork over $50, which, unfortunately, rookies can buy.

I also don't really like that "n00bish kids" comment. I don't know, seems wrong.

But I completely agree with that sportsmanship comment. Everything that has even a thin slip of competition has a layer of sportsmanship that should always be respected. From Basketball, right down to staring contest.

Voltagenic
August 29th, 2007, 05:59 AM
They are not to be used in competitive play.

..And this is the point where I stopped reading the post.

I'd like to know just specifically WHO said ubers are not for competitive play?

EDIT: And by the way, Smarties-chan just burned you to the ground.

Silent Storm
August 29th, 2007, 06:30 AM
Sometimes I wonder why there are people in the pokemon community that would take someone using the pokemon they enjoy using adding to the fact that they can use whatever they want so seriously to go as far as to calling them an immature noob, it is really sad.

Urablur
August 29th, 2007, 07:08 AM
I agree with Silent Storm.
Yes, ubers are overpowered but if, you know, someone uses ubers, leave them to it and just don't battle them.

sims796
August 29th, 2007, 07:36 AM
Yeah, but the problem is on PBR, it's random who you fight, uber or not.

We have to remember that ubers are too powerful to use in standard play. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. However, the majority of uber users are young children or casual players. They can't use ubers too well enough to be a threat at all.

Shining.Shadows
August 29th, 2007, 08:24 AM
My God.
I can't get over that post.
XD

The following Pokémon are considered 'Uber' and are banned from standard play:
Mewtwo, Mew, Ho-oh, Lugia, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Deoxys (all forms), Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Darkrai, Arceus & Wobbuffet.

Just in case anybody didn't know.

Wait, I know I don't play Pokémon THAT much, but Wobbuffet an Uber? Did I miss something somewhere...?

Most of the time, ubers are actually so much easier to beat than some none ubers. I always find Togekiss a problem along with Defensive Vaporeons and Bronzongs. When someone with Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, Mewtwo, Kyogre and Rayquaza appears, I can usually take them out with my Feraligatr single handedly.

Yeah, Feraligatr rocks muchos! Anything that has evolution levels like Feraligatr's must be great. If anyone tried to use Arceus in a battle against me I'd laugh and "hax" them, so their game somehow crashed and they lost the Arceus (along with the others). Not really, but it would be entertaining. And thank you Ariel, ranting is good for the ol' blood pressure...

sims796
August 29th, 2007, 08:46 AM
Yes, Wobbo is. Read the general wi-fi battling rules thread on Battle Stadium forum. They have a long discussion why.

Wobbufet has the HP to survive an attack, and then wipe out rhe attacker with a retalitory move. Then there's Destiny Bond, so either way, two of you're pokes are going down. It wouldn't be so bad without it's ability, Shadow Tag. And imagine if two Wobbufet happen to meet.

Always and Never
August 29th, 2007, 09:16 AM
It's not that hard to imagine what would happen if to Wobbo's met. They'd keep using Struggle, until one of them died.

But seriously, Ichida had some valid points you guys didn't address. Using Ubers is not about catching up with the normal competitive battling scene, it's about keeping them away from the normal competitive battling scene.

Frankly, I don't even see why there is a discussion about this. Use Ubers in the Uber tier, use OU in their tier. Simple as that.

laronde
August 29th, 2007, 09:27 AM
I honestly hae no problem with ubers and the complaint of tiers, aslong as you use ubers because they're your favorites and not using them because you want to win (abusing a team of ubers...just like in GameStop tournament...how the mighty have fallen), I don't mind.

sims796
August 29th, 2007, 09:32 AM
It's not that hard to imagine what would happen if to Wobbo's met. They'd keep using Struggle, until one of them died.

But seriously, Ichida had some valid points you guys didn't address. Using Ubers is not about catching up with the normal competitive battling scene, it's about keeping them away from the normal competitive battling scene.

Frankly, I don't even see why there is a discussion about this. Use Ubers in the Uber tier, use OU in their tier. Simple as that.

Never said hard to imagine. Just said imaging.

I agree with you, I really do. But try telling that to casual players & kids who use ubers. If PBR had an uber setting, similar to original Pokemon Stadium, it would be perfect for you guys. Unfortunatley, until that happens, you'll just keep seeing them, & smacking them down.

Ichida
August 29th, 2007, 11:00 AM
@ last few posts of pg. 3:

Fighting with ubers is like bowling with bumpers blocking the gutters. Fighting with ubers is like playing an FPS with unlimited ammo. Fighting with ubers is like playing an MMO with EXP rates in the thousand multiples. Fighting with ubers is like playing T-ball with... T-ball. Fighting with ubers is like playing a Pokemon game with ubers. :P I'd think up more examples, but I believe my point is established. Also note the quote that's been in my sig for the last few weeks. :P

~Mithos~
August 29th, 2007, 11:10 AM
hmm isn't runescape an MMO that qualifies to that? I used to play that a ton.

anyways is cresselia considered an uber? I can't ever tell.

The Overlord
August 29th, 2007, 11:17 AM

Fighting with ubers is like bowling with bumpers blocking the gutters. Fighting with ubers is like playing an FPS with unlimited ammo. Fighting with ubers is like playing an MMO with EXP rates in the thousand multiples. Fighting with ubers is like playing T-ball with... T-ball. Fighting with ubers is like playing a Pokemon game with ubers. :P I'd think up more examples, but I believe my point is established. Also note the quote that's been in my sig for the last few weeks. :P
Really making this forum safe for kids.x3

sims796
August 29th, 2007, 11:38 AM

Exactly, Ichida, exactly. If casual players need that crutch to be a challenge to compettitors, then so be it.

You have just been fighting for that trophy, have you? You win. Those were some awesome similies.

Ichida
August 29th, 2007, 12:01 PM
hmm isn't runescape an MMO that qualifies to that? I used to play that a ton.

anyways is cresselia considered an uber? I can't ever tell.

Yes, and yes. I actually had Ragnarok Online in mind when I wrote that.

You win. Those were some awesome similies.

*bow* Thank you. I spent ten minutes on that post trying to think more similes up. :P

Always and Never
August 29th, 2007, 12:23 PM
People who engage in uber battles are like alcoholics who drink together. They think that just because they both do it, it's publicly acceptable.
This is still truely the best one. My favorite, anyways.

~Mithos~
August 29th, 2007, 12:52 PM
I didn't see a problem in playing runescape... -_=

anyways on topic.

Ubers are bad, but I don't believe cresselia is one =/

sims796
August 29th, 2007, 12:53 PM
This is my favorite simile of Ichhida.

It's like a fight in Dragon Ball. It's explosive, doesn't require effort to weave together, and it pisses nearby people off.

But on topic, these post just about sums up my feeling on uber users. CASUAL uber users.

I prefer to call people with all uber teams "uber noobs." =)

Always and Never
August 29th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Cresselia is considered an Uber to me. I mean, it's typing rocks, and it has all those healing moves.

Ichida
August 29th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Not to mention defenses like a magical steel wall.

sims796
August 29th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Oh thank God SOMEONE agrees with me on that. Call me what you like, but it's been so hard for me to take that down.

Ichida
August 29th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Cresselia's the new Lugia, with more healing moves, while Lugia's got more attack moves. Sky Attack's monstrous base power makes up for its low offensive stats, and it's got the defenses to take a hit from almost anything while it prepares the attack. >.<

sims796
August 29th, 2007, 02:48 PM
I suppose her "pitiful" offensees offesets her from being uber, if you call it that. Such as Slaking's Truant ability knocks it down a notch.

Always and Never
August 29th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Whatever. She's cheap, I mean people can't say that it isn't. I mean great moveset, great typing, and great stats.

I don't see why people don't put it in the Uber tier.

sims796
August 29th, 2007, 06:23 PM
I'm not disagreeing. I think she should be uber. But I'm at least trying to see the point of view of those who thinks its not an uber. Although I did a lousy job. I don't like Cressila, & Lunar Dance (cool name) to me just makes it harder. I waste three pokes trying to take it out, it uses Lunar Dance & brings back my weakness? Unfair. But thats the way the cookie crumbles.

Dior
August 29th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Your internet-toughness just went up by one point 8D.

Voltagenic
August 30th, 2007, 04:35 AM
Why are you guys getting so hyped up over a kid's game?

If you guys get THAT serious over people getting easy wins, then you guys need to find something else to do.

Smarties-chan
August 30th, 2007, 05:51 AM
Cresselia isn't uber for one good reason; it can't deal damage to save its life. Pure Psychic isn't a great typing, either. Bug, Dark and Ghost moves have all become extremely popular in D/P and Cresselia's defenses aren't that hard to break through. Cresselia is just asking for Tyranitar to come in on it and set up and a Choice Specs Gengar should also be able to scare it away unless it uses Psychic over Ice Beam, which is isn't really that common. Swords Dance Weavile also has a heck of a time with Cresselia and Bronzong, Blissey and friends can easily outstall it. Sharpedo (although it isn't that common in standard play) is also an example of a Pokémon that can easily beat Cresselia and the list just goes on.

Cresselia's great offensive capabilities are close to nothing and it really isn't capable of doing anything else than taking damage.

sims796
August 30th, 2007, 05:58 AM
Thanks for clearing that up. Still hate it.

BusterHarvey
August 30th, 2007, 06:33 AM
Never doubt a small cute pokemon, I had a level 56 pilup named pippin, and he destroyed the darkrai i gave to my friend what was on level 97!

Monkey In Rehab
August 30th, 2007, 07:50 AM
Cresselia isn't uber for one good reason; it can't deal damage to save its life. Pure Psychic isn't a great typing, either. Bug, Dark and Ghost moves have all become extremely popular in D/P and Cresselia's defenses aren't that hard to break through. Cresselia is just asking for Tyranitar to come in on it and set up and a Choice Specs Gengar should also be able to scare it away unless it uses Psychic over Ice Beam, which is isn't really that common. Swords Dance Weavile also has a heck of a time with Cresselia and Bronzong, Blissey and friends can easily outstall it. Sharpedo (although it isn't that common in standard play) is also an example of a Pokémon that can easily beat Cresselia and the list just goes on.

Cresselia's great offensive capabilities are close to nothing and it really isn't capable of doing anything else than taking damage.

You have a very good point here. I would never use Cresselia in a fight between bug/dark/ghost.

Always and Never
August 30th, 2007, 08:30 AM
Yeah, Cresselia is still cheap. If any tier list goes up here, Cresselia better be on the Uber list.

~Mithos~
August 30th, 2007, 10:07 AM
okay so unlike you guys breeding a couple times for the perfect nature and perfect IV's I get to catch ONE cresselia, it doesn't get to be rebred for natures or IV's you take what you get.

It takes the same ammount of time to EV train it.

and on top of that it's psychic type! it can be easily knocked out with a crunch or something.

it's base stats aren't higher then any other pokemon's, infact there they are the EXACT SAME total ammount as many other you use such as skarmory and blissey.

If using a cresselia is uncreative breeding for IV's and natures is even more uncreative.

eh it's from earlier thats my view on cresselia/all non uber legends.

although that was last night, so parts of it not make sense.

Smarties-chan
August 30th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Yeah, Cresselia is still cheap. If any tier list goes up here, Cresselia better be on the Uber list.
Since when has anything that can only hope to damage something if it happens to be weak to your attack and can't even Pressurestall ever hope to become an uber? Cresselia isn't cheap, it's just annoying, but provides a perfect opportunity for many Pokémon to set up a sweep. Blissey is a pain in the neck to take down, but that doesn't make it uber, does it?

~Mithos~
August 30th, 2007, 10:29 AM
even if you train a cresselia in sp. def and defence (which is not what you should do) it'll still end up easier to defeat then chansey unless the chansey is being attacked by a choice banded dugtrio.

cresselia is about the opposite of uber infact she's pretty easy to defeat.

Always and Never
August 30th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Since when has anything that can only hope to damage something if it happens to be weak to your attack and can't even Pressurestall ever hope to become an uber? Cresselia isn't cheap, it's just annoying, but provides a perfect opportunity for many Pokémon to set up a sweep. Blissey is a pain in the neck to take down, but that doesn't make it uber, does it?

Yeah, last time I checked, I still think it's cheap.

Shining.Shadows
August 31st, 2007, 06:20 AM
Why are you guys getting so hyped up over a kid's game?

If you guys get THAT serious over people getting easy wins, then you guys need to find something else to do.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha (I could go on forever here). Anyway, yeah. I mean, if people like luigi and scyther get so wound up by it, maybe they should invest their time in something a little more constructive, if that is, they hope to get something out of their invested time. iRespect is not gained from a battle of Pokémon. Far from it, fellow beans.

sims796
August 31st, 2007, 07:01 AM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha (I could go on forever here). Anyway, yeah. I mean, if people like luigi and scyther get so wound up by it, maybe they should invest their time in something a little more constructive, if that is, they hope to get something out of their invested time. iRespect is not gained from a battle of Pokémon. Far from it, fellow beans.

Excuse me? Did you read ANY of my post? Watch who you insult. I said I don't care, because the ubers that are faced are used by casual users, making them no real threat. Before you start telling people what to do with their lives, think & read. If thats how you feel, you're on the wrong forum. Just cause I feel strong on a subject does NOT mean you get to tell me "do something constuctive".

If you & Yoshimitsu feel it such a kids game, then you're on the wrong forum. Seriously, its a pokemon fan forum.

Always and Never
August 31st, 2007, 08:04 AM
Ha ha. Luigi's right, if you're going to be bashing people for liking pokemon, then why are you on a pokemon fan forum, posting in pokemon themed threads? The reason I get "hyped" up is because Pokemon is my hobby, and has been since it first came out and I hate to see it become a one-sided game. Sorry I'm not, "cool" like you guys.

sims796
August 31st, 2007, 08:11 AM
Me & xXscytherXx don't agree on much, but we both find it very much annoying when you insult someone over a hobby. Video games in general are mine. But I have a liking to pokemon, so I play it.

Why does everyone calls me Luigi? I really gotta change my banner! :D

Always and Never
August 31st, 2007, 08:25 AM
Oops, I didn't mean to call you luigi. It's just cause he did XDD Plus you have Luigi tatooed all over your signature. >.<

You wanna know what I'm tired of hearing? The word n00b. It sounds disgusting.

sims796
August 31st, 2007, 08:27 AM
Oh my God, you are right. That word is so...nerdish. No offense to anyone who uses it. Why not rookie? Or even newbie sounds better than n00b.

Urablur
August 31st, 2007, 03:35 PM
Noob sounds like a house object.
I'm not sure how the word newbie got convulsed into this... I blame WoW. >.>

sims796
August 31st, 2007, 03:38 PM
The word newbie came because I just mentioned it. It wasn't random, if that's what you mean. n00b (seriously, who types like thats?) seems pretty foolish to me.

Voltagenic
August 31st, 2007, 06:55 PM
If you & Yoshimitsu feel it such a kids game, then you're on the wrong forum. Seriously, its a pokemon fan forum.

I never said I didn't like pokemon. I'm just stating that the game is geared toward kids, and you guys calling people idiots just because they play the game is unethical.

Ha ha. Luigi's right, if you're going to be bashing people for liking pokemon, then why are you on a pokemon fan forum, posting in pokemon themed threads? The reason I get "hyped" up is because Pokemon is my hobby, and has been since it first came out and I hate to see it become a one-sided game. Sorry I'm not, "cool" like you guys.

We're not bashing anyone, first of all. If we were bashing you for liking pokemon, we'd be banned. I understand that Pokemon is a hobby for you, but you are taking it way too seriously. Just because kids don't know the game inside and out does not justify you guys calling them n00bs. Also, we're not trying to be cool. Don't try to make us the bad guys. We're not doing anything wrong.

sims796
August 31st, 2007, 07:30 PM
Have you been reading ANY of my post AT ALL? Or have you just seen my name alot, & made assumtions? Here, I'll quote one:

Willingness to learn? I disagree with that spot. You're right, some people does not care about EV's & the like. We competitors didn't make the game. If they wanna play casually, who are we to tell them otherwise? Time required to make a team? Maybe they don't care about the game like we do to bother with EV's, IV's, & the like. They have full right to play wi fi, & PBR. The game wasn't made "reserved for hardcore gamers", it was made for whoever can fork over $50, which, unfortunately, rookies can buy.

But I completely agree with that sportsmanship comment. Everything that has even a thin slip of competition has a layer of sportsmanship that should always be respected. From Basketball, right down to staring contest.

This should clear things up. And before you say we get hyped over a kids game, remember that it's complicated for adults as well. But before you react to this one sentence, read my ENTIRE post first.

EDIT: Now that I read Ariel's post, I sounded sarcastic. I wasn't aimming for that. I was pay you a compliment. My bad.

Here is another post stating how I feel. Understand yet?

Voltagenic
August 31st, 2007, 07:35 PM
Have you been reading ANY of my post AT ALL? Or have you just seen my name alot, & made assumtions? Here, I'll quote one:

This should clear things up. And before you say we get hyped over a kids game, remember that it's complicated for adults as well. But before you react to this one sentence, read my ENTIRE post first.

Here is another post stating how I feel. Understand yet?

Don't talk to me like I'm a retard.

Starway
August 31st, 2007, 07:39 PM
I would use my legendaries when:
1.At the battle tower (yes i know u can't use all but you can use some)
2.Battling over wifi
3.Just for showing off while I trade someone over wifi

sims796
August 31st, 2007, 07:40 PM
I never said I didn't like pokemon. I'm just stating that the game is geared toward kids, and you guys calling people idiots just because they play the game is unethical.

You included me in that comment, despite the fact that I said the opposite of that. I was saying DON'T call people idiots, yet you & Shining said I was. That is very annoying.

Voltagenic
August 31st, 2007, 07:42 PM
You included me in that comment, despite the fact that I said the opposite of that. I was saying DON'T call people idiots, yet you & Shining said I was. That is very annoying.

I wasn't necessarily attacking you. I mean to attack those that do call uber-users idiots.

Starway
August 31st, 2007, 07:45 PM
I think what you two are arguing about is considered spam so try taking somewhere else (my opinion to you two)

sims796
August 31st, 2007, 07:46 PM
I am not one of those people at all whatsoever. Shining Shadows should have never said my name with those who do call uber users idiots, (which is where I think this mess came from) as my post shouldn't have been used.

Voltagenic
August 31st, 2007, 07:48 PM
I think what you two are arguing about is considered spam so try taking somewhere else (my opinion to you two)

No, it isn't, it's quite relevant to the topic.

I am not one of those people at all whatsoever. Shining Shadows should have never said my name with those who do calluber users idiots, as my post shouldn't have been used.

Well, I guess it's a misunderstanding then.

sims796
August 31st, 2007, 07:50 PM
Yes, it is. Seeing as it is that, lets forgive n' forget.

Starway
August 31st, 2007, 07:51 PM
i leave you two alone for now *leaves*

Voltagenic
August 31st, 2007, 07:53 PM
FORGIVING AND FORGETTING COMMENCED!!

OK, but still though. I never really saw what was completely wrong with ubers. Besides high stats, they're just regular pokes..

Always and Never
August 31st, 2007, 07:54 PM
When did I call anyone an idiot? I already know I didn't, so why are you telling me I did?

Starway
August 31st, 2007, 07:54 PM
*comes back* what were you 2 arguing about anyway?

Voltagenic
August 31st, 2007, 07:58 PM
When did I call anyone an idiot? I already know I didn't, so why are you telling me I did?

And you would just kickstart the argument RIGHT after it ended.

sims796
August 31st, 2007, 07:59 PM
Star, it doesn't matter. We forgave, we forgot. Let's leave it at that.

xXscytherXx also never used the word idiot at all. But I leave that between you two.

FORGIVING AND FORGETTING COMMENCED!!

OK, but still though. I never really saw what was completely wrong with ubers. Besides high stats, they're just regular pokes..

No they aren't. When used correctly, they are so powerful, it makes the game unbalanced.

If this post is late, my bad.

Always and Never
August 31st, 2007, 08:05 PM
I'm not arguing. I'm just wondering why just because I post in here saying legendaries are cheap my words get turned around into me calling somebody an idiot. ._.

Starway
August 31st, 2007, 08:06 PM
man i'm getting tired I should get soem sleep G'night evr'y one!

Voltagenic
August 31st, 2007, 08:17 PM
No they aren't. When used correctly, they are so powerful, it makes the game unbalanced.

But a lot of kids don't know how to use them correctly.

Why are they still called n00bs by some people? (NOT SCYTHER, I SAID SOME PEOPLE)

Always and Never
August 31st, 2007, 08:32 PM
;) There you go. It's because when you use Ubers on a normal competitive team, it means you need that extra boost to catch up with everybody else.

Starway
August 31st, 2007, 08:35 PM
i have no idea what you just said but i'll agree(no lol jk i know what u said)

Voltagenic
August 31st, 2007, 08:36 PM
;) There you go. It's because when you use Ubers on a normal competitive team, it means you need that extra boost to catch up with everybody else.

I get what you're talking about, but I'm still confused.

Always and Never
August 31st, 2007, 09:32 PM
Let's just say, people who aren't good need Ubers to be just as good as everybody else.

Bishopk
September 1st, 2007, 05:07 AM
Why are they still called n00bs by some people?

Because they're generally inexperienced. What separates them from newbies? Newbies generally try to learn and improve. "A Lanturn's outspeeding my Groudon, and Thundering my Rayquasa and Kyogre? Maybe I should try something different, like Flygon."

As opposed to n00bs: "u haked ur lantern, it cn't beet a kyorge groundun and ryqasa!!!!11! im stil beter!1!"

sims796
September 1st, 2007, 05:37 AM
Because they're generally inexperienced. What separates them from newbies? Newbies generally try to learn and improve. "A Lanturn's outspeeding my Groudon, and Thundering my Rayquasa and Kyogre? Maybe I should try something different, like Flygon."

As opposed to n00bs: "u haked ur lantern, it cn't beet a kyorge groundun and ryqasa!!!!11! im stil beter!1!"

Thank you for clearing that up.

Always and Never
September 1st, 2007, 07:00 AM
Another serious n00b quality is saying you're better battler than everyone else. I mean I was just looking through that Battle Stadium and I just think that it is incredibly stubborn and jerky to qualify yourself as greatness. Talk about conceited jerks.

Ichida
September 1st, 2007, 07:03 AM
Yeah, what annoys me most about the Battle Stadium section is how so many people are posting battle threads and calling them gyms. Me? I prefer to prove I'm a better battler, then say so afterwards. :P

Bishopk
September 1st, 2007, 07:05 AM
Hmm, maybe a Gym where anyone who beats the Leader becomes the new leader?
But this isn't the right forum to suggest that, is it?

Ichida
September 1st, 2007, 07:08 AM
I would assume not, lol. :P

The Real AAA
September 1st, 2007, 07:15 AM
Some people aren't noobs in PBR but there just Uber Users!
I remembered the last time I played online I fought a team of full EV trained ubers!!!

Bishopk
September 1st, 2007, 07:17 AM
Some people aren't noobs in PBR but there just Uber Users!

Yup yup, there are those who use Ubers AND know what they're doing. I'm not calling them n00bs.

peabobo's sexy legs
September 1st, 2007, 07:20 AM
You know, there is something called the Uber Metagame. It's designed for people who WANT to play with ubers. There's also an OU Metagame, a BL one, a UU one and an NU one. Get over it.

Ichida
September 1st, 2007, 07:27 AM
In response to that, I point you to the quote at the bottom of my signature.

Always and Never
September 1st, 2007, 07:27 AM
Who didn't know that? When those things fuse is when n00bs start to pop up.

GOD! I HATE PEOPLE WHO SAY THEY ARE BETTER.

Lil MuDkiP849
September 2nd, 2007, 12:07 AM
to be honest i dont know what the big argument is...
u see an ev trained uber guy and he beats u...who cares? everyone here has already been saying alot it proves they suck, so...so what?? its jus a game...no one needs to prove anything

sims796
September 2nd, 2007, 12:46 AM
Because the game becomes one sided. Like that jerkarse that tends to use Rocket Launchers on Halo 2. The game becomes one way (with EV trained ubers) and now to suceed, I must now use an uber myself. Thats corney.

Lil MuDkiP849
September 2nd, 2007, 12:51 AM
Because the game becomes one sided. Like that jerkarse that tends to use Rocket Launchers on Halo 2. The game becomes one way (with EV trained ubers) and now to suceed, I must now use an uber myself. Thats corney.

so the basic argument is to balance how the game is?
i mean ive battled with ubers before on wifi and it seemed like a normal battle to me, sure their strong but like sims said corny so you'd know what to do.

i think it's like starapter in some ways...it kills un-prepped teams.

sims796
September 2nd, 2007, 01:00 AM
Exactly. It can ruin the balance of the game. However, since the majority of uber users are kids & casual players, they pose no threat.

This thread, I believed, was started because latioslegends was laughing at how easy noob uber users are to beat.

Lil MuDkiP849
September 2nd, 2007, 01:06 AM
Exactly. It can ruin the balance of the game. However, since the majority of uber users are kids & casual players, they pose no threat.

This thread, I believed, was started because latioslegends was laughing at how easy noob uber users are to beat.

go-figure really.
the only ubers n stuff i dis-like to see online are shaymin/arceus/darkrai for obvious reasons....
mostly darkrai in doubles battle, even when it DOES get released that dark void move is just way too strong....

sims796
September 2nd, 2007, 01:08 AM
Yup. Now, the only way to beat (Arceus, WTF?!) is to use another uber. No fun at all.

Lil MuDkiP849
September 2nd, 2007, 01:10 AM
well to be honest you dont HAVE to use another uber to beat arceus, i beat a couple of his forms lotsa times (no easy task unfortunately =/)
i'd say his dragon form is hardest to beat just for the sake of his judgement, it's draco meteor only consecutive and more powerful =(

sims796
September 2nd, 2007, 01:11 AM
Jerks. I wanna Arceus. For bragging rights.

Lil MuDkiP849
September 2nd, 2007, 01:13 AM
same here brother...same here =(

Ársa
September 2nd, 2007, 01:36 AM
I've got one if one of you wants it. lol. It's easy to defeat really, as long as it isn't ev trained.

~M51

Always and Never
September 2nd, 2007, 08:04 AM
Ok, Mr. I Hack Arceus. Arceus shouldn't have been made. Stupid Judgment ALWAYS getting STAB.

sims796
September 2nd, 2007, 08:28 AM
Ok, Mr. I Hack Arceus. Arceus shouldn't have been made. Stupid Judgment ALWAYS getting STAB.

I KNOW! The power of Hyper Beam (any type) without any of the drawbacks. A Choice Specs, 252 HP 252 SP.ATK Arceus can eliminate ANYTHING, as far as my knowledge goes. I could be wrong.

Always and Never
September 2nd, 2007, 09:33 AM
Well, if I were to have an Arceus, I'd give it a dread plate. Since almost have of the other ubers are weak against it, it would be worthwile. Plus it's dreadfully purple / black/ blue, or w.e.

Poketto Kunoichi
September 2nd, 2007, 09:46 AM
T_T Ubers on WiFi? I have trouble with Regigigas's STOMP... Is it an uber?

Legendaries are fine, but ubers get on my nerves... v.v

Always and Never
September 2nd, 2007, 06:46 PM
Regigigigigigigigigigigigigas isn't a problem. IT's the "I'm 4 c00l D4rkr41 137 m3 pu7 y0u 45l33p!!!1!1!" That really gets on my nerves.

Lil MuDkiP849
September 3rd, 2007, 03:20 AM
to be honest i dont have a problem with darkrai, i actuallly have a problem with suicune and raikou, morly raikou cuz whenever im pitted up against it its some japanese nerd dude who wasted his life to get a good natured one with HP dragon....awesome right??

Faceless*
September 3rd, 2007, 04:40 AM

Haha I know, I ran into a person named "ROFLCAKES", and he has 4 Dialgas and 2 Palkias! :D And they ALL used Dragon Claw on me, he use Dragon Claw on my Metagross! Can anyone tell me WHY you can only use 3 Pokemon in single battles?! :\

to be honest i dont have a problem with darkrai, i actuallly have a problem with suicune and raikou, morly raikou cuz whenever im pitted up against it its some japanese nerd dude who wasted his life to get a good natured one with HP dragon....awesome right??

Yep, this is a reason Why I carry a Mewtwo in my team, or packa few Chesto Berries

Ichida
September 3rd, 2007, 09:17 AM
Haha I know, I ran into a person named "ROFLCAKES", and he has 4 Dialgas and 2 Palkias! :D And they ALL used Dragon Claw on me, he use Dragon Claw on my Metagross! Can anyone tell me WHY you can only use 3 Pokemon in single battles?! :\

Wow. He wins the "Stupidest N00b of All Time" award.

Shining.Shadows
September 16th, 2007, 06:04 PM
b. I've never lost to an uber user. They're lazy and dependent and they don't know sh*t about how to train Pokemon.
c. As if we give a flying f*ck if anyone thinks we're cool. We're competitors. We're here to win, and if someone like you can't appreciate that, then leave.
d. There is an element of sportsmanship in Pokemon. Any game has ettiquette to it, and this is how we play this game. Learn to play or leave. That's the reality.

But they are lazy because they are unwilling to learn how to play in the competitive scene, which does not involve legendaries, whom are nothing more than trophies for beating the game. They are not to be used in competitive play, and anyone who does is using them as a crutch in place of proper training. And don't say I'm pissed about losing, because I've beaten plenty of uber teams. I've even beaten a shiny hacked Regigigas without Slow Start that was using Sacred Fire. I know I can beat ubers, but that doesn't mean I'll condone them.

LOL Someone needs to get out more. I mean, a hobby's a hobby but seriously, you either need a girlfriend, or a different hobby, you take this sh*t too seriously.

Star, it doesn't matter. We forgave, we forgot. Let's leave it at that.

xXscytherXx also never used the word idiot at all. But I leave that between you two.

Well duh, using a L5 Magikarp against a L80 Manectric could be considered an unbalanced battle, to which the average sane person would say "don't do it then, make it balanced?"

I am not one of those people at all whatsoever. Shining Shadows should have never said my name with those who do call uber users idiots, (which is where I think this mess came from) as my post shouldn't have been used.

Okay, I apologise, there was obviously a mix up, and to be honest, we don't live long enough to afford eHate. And that stuff that Yoshimitsu said. I haven't even needed to say anything. He's said all I could ever need to. I'm just saying if people wanna use Pokémon stronger than yours, OH NO, deal with it. The matter of the fact is, they won, you didn't, you're a sour grape? If you won and you beat their team... What are you complaining about, you're better than them evidently. *rolls eyes*
If there's sportsmanship in it, then using ubers is like "using drugs". Wanna even the balance? "take drugs" yourself. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em I say.

Ichida
September 16th, 2007, 09:05 PM
LOL Someone needs to get out more. I mean, a hobby's a hobby but seriously, you either need a girlfriend, or a different hobby, you take this sh*t too seriously.

*has a girlfriend who is also an otaku gamer, will be attending Anime North with me in May.* :P

*also has different hobbies as well, such as the reviving sport of Beyblading.*

Zorua
September 16th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Everyone, calm it in here. And stop the swearing and flaming, also. The next drama scene I see here, someone's getting a warning. D:

Espy Psyche
September 16th, 2007, 09:23 PM
This is why I'm pretty much NB/Shoddy only. There, you don't have to waste your life to get a Raikou with the right Hidden Power and Timid nature, you just have to set it in your team. The legendaries issue is easily solved with tier lists. I can just type in http://www.<insertpokemonsitehere>.com/dptiers and that's the end of it. If they want to fight me with their Darkrai, I get my ubers team out. (the insert pokemon site here was to avoid advertising one tier list over another)

Also I'm a college student and don't have 10k+ hours to spend playing D/P. I've got a girlfriend, a fraternity office, and homework. Nor do I have the money to go to the events in New York to get legit copies of Darkrai or Shaymin or any of those other Pokemon.

P.S.: The majority of Darkrai can be countered by Primeape. Vital Spirit blocks Dark Void, Fighting type resists Dark Pulse, and its STAB Fighting moves will take Darkrai down. Unless Darkrai carries Psychic, Primeape can usually counter it.

sims796
September 16th, 2007, 09:38 PM
This thread still alive? Thought it died two weeks ago.

If you don't mind, Mushashi, I'm gonna quote him, but not in a flamming way. But to argue my point about the thread.

Well duh, using a L5 Magikarp against a L80 Manectric could be considered an unbalanced battle, to which the average sane person would say "don't do it then, make it balanced?"
Now, this post is doesn't really make much sense. If anything, it proves my point. Ubers are too strong to be used in standard play. I don't like em, so I shouldn't need to use it to play. They aren't better for using ubers, and we aren't worse for it. Its like having a gun at a boxing match. Or, as you said, a lvl 5 Magikarp vs a lvl 80 Manectric.

Okay, I apologise, there was obviously a mix up, and to be honest, we don't live long enough to afford eHate
I don't really get this...is that eHate bit supposed to be an insult? Rehardless, I accept. Well, the mod said drop it, so I will

If there's sportsmanship in it, then using ubers is like "using drugs". Wanna even the balance? "take drugs" yourself. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em I say.
Thats my point. I cant stand ubers. For a totally different reason. I don't wanna be forced to use em cause everyone else is. I don't wanna have to join em.

The biggest problem isn't that we're sour grapes. And their pokes aren't better. I'll give an example.

Ever played Super Punch Out? If not, there was this chinese kung-fu guy. He leaps around the stage, and kicks you square in the face, resulting in an instant KO. WTF?! Thats not fair. How can he kick me sooooo hard in a boxing match?! Am I being sour that I lost LIKE THAT? But, like most uber users, that cheap shot is sooo easy to deal with, its laughable. I think I made my point. Ubers are unfair, but since [most] uber users are rookies, who cares?

!!SoUlEaTeR!!
September 19th, 2007, 06:26 AM
but you know with the right pokemon you can over come a evd uber...for example like last week some one used three evd raquaza's two evd raikou's and one empleon that was hacked od in def...i just used my porygon-z with choice scarf-evd of course /max spatk/spd...download spatk/ and it knew ice beam/thunderbolt/triatk/psychic, i destroyed him...my point is just because someone over powers you with evd ubers...doesnt mean you cant beat him w/o using a uber....understand...i hate it but to be stornger as a battler you need to learn to over come cheaters and wuss that are afriad to use real pokemon...

sims796
September 19th, 2007, 06:57 AM
Thats a different argument. I'm not saying your wrong, but a tsam of well trained ubers can tear apart even the strongest of battlers. But we read the title, for crap sake, read the title, we'll see that they are all rookie users. Therefor, they are all no threat.

NekoRobin
September 19th, 2007, 07:07 AM
How is using legendarys n00bish?
It isn't in my opinion. Cause every player who have completed the game/went to giveaways have rights to use them, since they got them..I mean if they can't use them then yeah, but everyone does not have to be pro.

sims796
September 19th, 2007, 07:28 AM
Ok, I'm gonna say this one more time...

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN UBERS AND LEGENDS!!!

Now if you wanna know why UBERS are frowned upon, I'll say it one more time...

Ubers are too strong to use normally. A team of them can be unstoppable. They, when used right, are far too powerful, and it's not fair. It doesn't make you any stronger using ubers, like using a gun at a boxing match. People who says "you can use any pokemon you want" seems to completely ignore this fact.

Before you, or anyone else, makes a post like that above me, please read the other post. Don't say "I don't see why people doesn't like them" because we've said it over and over again.

Always and Never
September 19th, 2007, 12:15 PM
No one cares if there's no difference. Everyone looks down upon it.

The Real AAA
September 19th, 2007, 01:50 PM
You made a good point there sims796.
your right it's just like using a gun at a boxing match!

Always and Never
September 19th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Except Pokemon isn't a matter of life and death XDDD

Ichida
September 19th, 2007, 05:30 PM
*Brandishes a well-sharpened partizan.* It is when I'm involved.

NekoRobin
September 21st, 2007, 06:04 AM
Still, like everyone can use ubers..
I mean..Lots of people beat the damn game.

Toothache
September 21st, 2007, 06:23 AM
Ubers aren't the be-all and end-all of Pokemon battles. With the right team, they can be beaten quite easily. Heracross is a prime example of a non-uber that can take down a lot of ubers, with the common Psychic type dominating the uber metagame. After a Salac Berry, Megahorn + Swarm can rip through most ubers, Reversal's great for a low-health Heracross on other non-Psychics like Kyogre/Groudon (Darkrai doesn't like Reversal much either).

Smarties-chan
September 21st, 2007, 06:35 AM
Ubers aren't the be-all and end-all of Pokemon battles. With the right team, they can be beaten quite easily. Heracross is a prime example of a non-uber that can take down a lot of ubers, with the common Psychic type dominating the uber metagame. After a Salac Berry, Megahorn + Swarm can rip through most ubers, Reversal's great for a low-health Heracross on other non-Psychics like Kyogre/Groudon (Darkrai doesn't like Reversal much either).
Except no one uses Salac Berry Heracross anymore when there's Choice Scarf for us to abuse now and Close Combat is far more useful than Reversal because Heracross will have to have taken a pretty bad beating before Reversal gets strong enough to be more useful than Close Combat. I agree, though, Heracross is one of the best uber counters in the game, but it gets outrun by Kyogre (and trust me, Choice Scarf Kyogre is one of the most feared ubers and is therefore quite common) and Giratina just lols at it. Mewtwo can switch in on Close Combat and scare Heracross away while Ho-oh resists both its STAB moves and can safely switch in on everything except Stoned Edge or Rock Slide. So yeah, even though Heracross beats quite a lot of ubers, it also has many uber counters. Unless the team is specifically designed to take on ubers, a well trained OU team can only do decently against a well trained uber team.

Jimmyray
September 21st, 2007, 08:01 AM
Actually Salac Berry on Porygon-Z is pretty good rather than a Choice Scarf. Just thought I'd say that while people are talking about Salac Berries...

Znale
September 22nd, 2007, 10:37 PM

Training Ubers is the same as training regular Pokemon. Unless you're presupposedly just continiously losing to them, then probably you should show us all your will to compete and train Pokemon good enough to beat them. Beating them is hard, but not even close to impossible. I'm rather sceptical against your claim of not losing to ubers, although it's possible. You call people immature when they use ubers, why? They are good but not close to some Ancient Sacred Beasts created by the Gods many millenia ago. That's how you seem to classify them.

Always and Never
September 23rd, 2007, 07:24 AM
Training Ubers is the same as training regular Pokemon. Unless you're presupposedly just continiously losing to them, then probably you should show us all your will to compete and train Pokemon good enough to beat them. Beating them is hard, but not even close to impossible. I'm rather sceptical against your claim of not losing to ubers, although it's possible. You call people immature when they use ubers, why? They are good but not close to some Ancient Sacred Beasts created by the Gods many millenia ago. That's how you seem to classify them.

I'm sorry, but I didn't understand a word you just said. The main point of this thread is... "Ubers have their own tier, when that tier mixes in with the other tiers, pokemon isn't fair anymore."

And it is true.

Ichida
September 23rd, 2007, 08:41 AM
I choose not to face ubers because that's how I play. The competitive scene is for OU Pokemon, that's where most of the better trainers play, and that's where I'm staying. As for being able to defeat ubers... *shakes fist* I still remember barely overcoming that hacked Regigigas, who didn't have Slow Start and was spamming Sacred Fire on me. And that was several teams ago, so I know I can take out ubers.

ryuu yomi
September 23rd, 2007, 03:10 PM
Ubers aren't the be-all and end-all of Pokemon With the right team, they can be beaten

Bishopk
September 23rd, 2007, 04:19 PM
Ubers aren't the be-all and end-all of Pokemon With the right team, they can be beaten

Funny, I've heard that somewhere before.

And that was several teams ago, so I know I can take out ubers.

Znale
September 23rd, 2007, 08:37 PM
I'm sorry, but I didn't understand a word you just said. The main point of this thread is... "Ubers have their own tier, when that tier mixes in with the other tiers, pokemon isn't fair anymore."

And it is true.

Yes, they are called uber for a reason, that I have to admit. But I do not understand why you guys call people immature and lazy when they use ubers.
They're just a bunch of coding inside a game cartridge, nothing to get serious about. And 40% of the uber users do not use ubers because of the strategical matter but because of the "coolness". I'm talking about kids around 8-years old.

sims796
September 23rd, 2007, 08:40 PM
EXACTLY! That's my point right there. And thats why this thread was created, I think. To poke light fun at them.

Bishopk
September 24th, 2007, 04:45 AM
Yes, they are called uber for a reason, that I have to admit. But I do not understand why you guys call people immature and lazy when they use ubers.
Simple: Silly eight year olds make us (me, at least) frustrated when they don't understand that ubers aren't a crutch, they're only a tool.

They're just a bunch of coding inside a game cartridge, nothing to get serious about.
That's true, but we know so much about what works and what doesn't, we want to share our knowledge with the world. And, as I pointed out above, ubers are used with no strategy when a person says, "im so cule, i got r4q4za s0z i pwnx ur 4ever"

And 40% of the uber users do not use ubers because of the strategical matter but because of the "coolness". I'm talking about kids around 8-years old.
Yeah, ubers are cool. And strong. Don't use them as a crutch.

sims796
September 24th, 2007, 05:42 AM
Oh come, I can't believe you said that. This game is aimmed towards kids. One every commercial, there are only kids playing it, not adults. I am no way saying that a 40 year old mancan't enjoy the game, no way. But you can't go about saying that kids must "understand" the game theway we do. My cousin uses Mewtwo, the three birds (their not ubers, I know) and his pride Charizard, with these moves:

Fly
Stregnth
Aerial Ace
Dragon Claw

He is no threat whatsoever, yet he thinks its the best. Granted, he doesn't say that to me, but still. Do I get mad? Do I say "OMG, you didn't even EV train, noob!" No, I smack him down in a match.

I would love the world to play like we do. But we have to remember that we are playing a game aimmed towards them, and while there is nothing wrong with adults playing it, we certainly can't critize them for not playing the game our way.

Znale
September 24th, 2007, 05:58 AM
Oh come, I can't believe you said that. This game is aimmed towards kids. One every commercial, there are only kids playing it, not adults. I am no way saying that a 40 year old mancan't enjoy the game, no way. But you can't go about saying that kids must "understand" the game theway we do. My cousin uses Mewtwo, the three birds (their not ubers, I know) and his pride Charizard, with these moves:

Fly
Stregnth
Aerial Ace
Dragon Claw

He is no threat whatsoever, yet he thinks its the best. Granted, he doesn't say that to me, but still. Do I get mad? Do I say "OMG, you didn't even EV train, noob!" No, I smack him down in a match.

I would love the world to play like we do. But we have to remember that we are playing a game aimmed towards them, and while there is nothing wrong with adults playing it, we certainly can't critize them for not playing the game our way.

You should see my Charizard's moves in Pokemon Blue...

Anyway, I've seen a funny picture in a Finnish Pokemon-magazine, where a man around 45 years old played the TCG. It's the anime that ruined the reputation of Pokemon among teenagers. Just like Smarties-chan said in school today: "Just because you liked Pokemon when you were young, doesn't mean it sucks. You liked Harry Potter when you were young, didn't you. Does that mean it sucks?"

sims796
September 24th, 2007, 06:14 AM
True enough. A grown man should not be disturbed to play the DS in the bus, telling his Nintendog to "Sit!".

Toothache
September 24th, 2007, 12:50 PM
BTW, by the time PBR is released in Europe and Australia, there'll be a new influx of noobs from this continent playing. You got a few months to prepare, most of the rest should have died off or given up by this point.

The Real AAA
September 24th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Anyway, I've seen a funny picture in a Finnish Pokemon-magazine, where a man around 45 years old played the TCG. It's the anime that ruined the reputation of Pokemon among teenagers. Just like Smarties-chan said in school today: "Just because you liked Pokemon when you were young, doesn't mean it sucks. You liked Harry Potter when you were young, didn't you. Does that mean it sucks?"
i wish I had friends from school that are here in the PC^:(

and Toothache what do you meant by that?
do you mean there r going to be more noobs!

Toothache
September 24th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Yeah exactly. Although, that won't happen until December, so you have time to prepare.

Ichida
September 24th, 2007, 02:39 PM
So now that we've successfully debunked the children's theme to the games, let me re-establush that this is a game, this is competition, and serious players like me like to take it seriously. This game is an exhibition of our resourcefulness, our knowledge, our strategy, and our luck.

And 40% of the uber users do not use ubers because of the strategical matter but because of the "coolness". I'm talking about kids around 8-years old.

We call them n00bs. They are to be chortled at when out of earshot, and given a sound thrashing in the game, then another chortling.

True enough. A grown man should not be disturbed to play the DS in the bus, telling his Nintendog to "Sit!".

Even though that is quite an eyebrow raiser...

sims796
September 24th, 2007, 03:07 PM
So now that we've successfully debunked the children's theme to the games, let me re-establush that this is a game, this is competition, and serious players like me like to take it seriously. This game is an exhibition of our resourcefulness, our knowledge, our strategy, and our luck.
Well Put

We call them n00bs. They are to be chortled at when out of earshot, and given a sound thrashing in the game, then another chortling.
Well, out of earshot is fine, but to their face is going too far. Its a damn kids game, and it doesn't make you any bigger making fun of people who doesn't play our way. But to say to yourself "This kid is a noob-he doesn't even EV train!" is fine, thats human nature.

Even though that is quite an eyebrow raiser...
I didn't finish my post. I meant to say that it would be odd...

Well, thats my opinion...

EDIT:Wait, you said out of earshot. Thats fine. I thought it said within earshot. Calling them n00bs to yourself is ok, but making fun of them to their face over a game is pathetic. That God you said out of earshot. ;)