PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter Club!!!!

Phoenix Boy
May 25th, 2004, 09:43 AM
Heyn welcome this is the harry potter club where we can chat all things HP please join and start chatting

Just to get it started who is your fav charecter? mine is hermione then harry and ron

asher_son_of_ash
May 25th, 2004, 10:22 AM
o.O; Wee... I'm joining. I happen to be a big HP fan. =P And my fav HP character would be... Ron. o.O; Who resembles Ash in some way...

Phoenix Boy
May 25th, 2004, 10:28 AM
Yay a memeber
*gives you a choco phoenix*
do you have another topic?

asher_son_of_ash
May 25th, 2004, 10:41 AM
:D How 'bout HP clues for the next two books?

Phoenix Boy
May 25th, 2004, 10:44 AM
i havent got many as im still reading the 3rd one

Skye
May 25th, 2004, 01:03 PM
Oh may I join! My favorite character would have to be Nelville I think. I really think he will find his place in the next two books! He's so adorable!

And by the by...this is an excellent source for Harry Potter:

http://www.hp-lexicon.org/index-2.html

It's so full of information!

Deoxys55
May 25th, 2004, 01:05 PM
Me Join! **Has read all the books except for #5!**

asher_son_of_ash
May 26th, 2004, 08:47 AM
^_^ Yay. More members. O_o; You should start reading book 4 and 5. They're really exciting.

Yami's Girl
May 26th, 2004, 09:07 AM
Me join me join! Where do I find the books and my fav hp characters are Harry and Herminone

Phoenix Boy
May 26th, 2004, 11:55 AM
You can find the books in your local library

Yami's Girl
May 26th, 2004, 12:49 PM
Oh I thought they were online books for fun or sumthin. Ive read em all! My fav is #4! The hogsmede is so cool!

Skye
May 26th, 2004, 12:53 PM
Hogsmeade is really cool. In fact, I would have to say all the places in Harry Potter are indeed fantastic! Do you think there will be some new places in the next two books, or do you think she will just stick to what she has now?

Legendary_Pokegirl
May 26th, 2004, 12:55 PM
I will join this! ^_^

My favorite character is Hermione, Fred, George, and Ron!

Anna-chan
May 26th, 2004, 01:15 PM
I'm gonna join! I love Hermione and Harry!!!! Books 2 and 4 are my faves.... Herminone and Ron forever!!!!

shining_light
May 26th, 2004, 01:16 PM
i wanna join! my fav cahracter would hafta be hermione or sirus. then ginny or lily. what do ya guys think bout snpae and umbridge :( i think they are idiotic fools! but thats just me...

Anna-chan
May 26th, 2004, 01:21 PM
*curses snape and umbridge* There is my opinion on those two!

shining_light
May 26th, 2004, 01:23 PM
oh yay someone agrees with me! *put ginny's bat-boget hex on umbridge* DIE!!!!!

~*Silent Tattsu*~
May 26th, 2004, 01:33 PM
Heyn welcome this is the harry potter club where we can chat all things HP please join and start chatting

Just to get it started who is your fav charecter? mine is hermione then harry and ron

Uhhhh? *Sweatdrops* I never thought i'd see the day when you PB makes a HP Club when only half a year ago you did'nt like it XD *Tatt wishes she had made this Club before PB* hehehe....
----

Yay! I'd love to join ^__^ *Jumps up and down* I am a huge Harry Potter fan. I have read all the books and i'm as obsessed with HP as Pokemon. I'm real glad there seems to be other fans here =D My favourite Book so far is ''Prisoner Of Azkaban'' and my favourite Characters are Harry, Ron, Fred & George, Ginny and Sirius.
Oh and my favourite House is Gryfinndor n.n()() And Keyblade, i guess your a HermxRon shipper? Me too, i love them two! I am a huge supporter, if you haven't visited this Website yet , i suggest you do :D http://www.ronandhermione.org/wnl/

And talking of Snape and Umbridge....grrrrrr....I hate them! Umbridge made me so angry, she was pure evil. Snape is just slimy and he has it in for Harry so bad ><

Ryoutarou
May 26th, 2004, 01:37 PM
Shure i''l join! got all 5 books and the 2 movie's...

ryan
May 26th, 2004, 03:36 PM
wow! harry potter!
i love harry potter. actually, the character's sort of a jerk.
i like ron a lot though.
i'm probably one of the biggest harry potter fans at my school. i have every harry potter lego set ever, and have all the books, and the tapes, and the movies, and i'm gonna see #3 the day it comes out

ryan
May 26th, 2004, 03:40 PM
i think snape's gonna end up being a bad guy in the end. but then again, i have a feeling harry'll die in the next book... so i don't know if my impulses can be trusted...

Greed
May 26th, 2004, 03:47 PM
I have all and read all the five books! Hermione's cute and smart, Ron's cute and funny! They both should be together *thinks*

*dies*

ryan
May 26th, 2004, 04:45 PM
trivia! true or false:
HARRY POTTER is freakin' awesome?

Skye
May 26th, 2004, 06:25 PM
i wanna join! my fav cahracter would hafta be hermione or sirus. then ginny or lily. what do ya guys think bout snpae and umbridge :( i think they are idiotic fools! but thats just me...

I am interested to see some more of Snape's past experiences unfold...I dunno. To me he seems a little deeper than most give him credit for. I think he has a reason to be the way he is...and trust me, I'm not saying he is a nice guy. However, Harry is pretty tough partially because of him. Negative energy does inspire courage in the righteous.... I'll be interested in seeing what JKR makes of him in the next couple of books...

As for Umbridge.....ack...don't even get me started!

asher_son_of_ash
May 26th, 2004, 11:03 PM
Yes. ^_^ Snape isn't bad. He just has a bad background and upset past. o.O; Kidding.

However, Harry is pretty tough partially because of him. Negative energy does inspire courage in the righteous.

I'll have to agree with the first sentence. Since I didn't get the second. XD;
And Umbridge... hmm... can't think of anything to say there... -curses fly through head- Or maybe there is.

shining_light
May 27th, 2004, 06:22 AM
i'm gonna see #3 the day it comes out
same here. i'm getting reserve tickets, though. have you gone and seen shrek 2? over here it was packed. i have a feeling it's gonna be more packed for HP3...have a feeling that i'm going to have to get there 1 hour early...joy huh?

Skye
May 27th, 2004, 06:32 AM
[QUOTE=I'll have to agree with the first sentence. Since I didn't get the second.[/QUOTE]

I meant that Snape's negative attitude towards him has encouraged Harry's courage. Hey, there has to be a Snape in every book so the main character can reach their full potential. Besides, what about the fact that he saved Harry? He was casting a counter curse when Quirrel was trying to kill Harry at the Quiddich match, and there was another time too, but I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't read the books. (I am assuming everyone has read/seen #1)

Yami's Girl
May 27th, 2004, 06:47 AM
Umbridge! Shes a *beep* in idiot! Sorry for the languge but she had all these rules! Snape isnt bad but he sould award points for other houses I think.

shining_light
May 27th, 2004, 07:08 AM
why does umbridge hate gryfinndor so much? anyone no?

Yami's Girl
May 27th, 2004, 09:58 AM
Mabye it has sumthin to do with The Minitry of Magic? Probably because they dont think Harry is telling the truth that he saw Voldamort or sumthin like that.

ash_misty4ever
May 27th, 2004, 12:43 PM
HECK YEAH! Sign me up! I am a huge fan of HP and can't wait till the Prizoner of Azkaban comes out!! JUNE 4 BOOYAH!!!!!!!!

Yami's Girl
May 27th, 2004, 01:34 PM
Ok ok tone it down a bit. Yeah but I cant wait til #3 comes out either. HARRY POTTER RULES! oops! sorry!

ashley03
May 27th, 2004, 01:53 PM
can u plz also sign me up?!!!!!!!!?i LOVE HP(also can't wait till next friday)

Skye
May 27th, 2004, 02:13 PM
Umbridge doesn't like Hogwarts or Harry because the Ministry of Magic toned down the whole Voldermort thing. They were too afraid to confront it head on, unlike Harry, who was ready and willing to face Voldermort. It was all an issue of keeping the Voldermort thing quiet...it's too bad it took something, like his actual appearance (spoiler...sorry!) to make them realize....

But, to put it short and sweet, Umbridge is/was ignorant, and I cannot stand her!

~*Silent Tattsu*~
May 27th, 2004, 02:29 PM
I think you have a very good point about Snape, Skye *nod nod* n.n()()
I agree with all of that. Even though i think Snape is a cold person by heart, i have a feeling that the reason Snape is so vile towards Harry is because of what Lupin, James and Sirius did to him when they were students at Hogwarts. James, alike his son Harry, had a brave and confident personality with a never back down attitude. I think James was the ring leader in his School days. So i think maybe Snape is not as bad as he looks.

Weeeeeeeeeee! *Jumps around and waves Poa flag* Prisoner Of Azkaban is coming to Cinemas this Monday! wOOt ! ^____^ We have pre-booked tickets for the Tuesday since Monday was full up ._. Oh well, there will still be the HPish feeling in the air and the cinemas bound to be packed! ;D I just can't wait! This is going to be the best yet hopefully. *Tatt jumps around some more*

JoWood
May 27th, 2004, 02:54 PM
I'll join!

HP is tight. I've read All 5 Books. I hear Dumbledore may die in the 6th book. Then you know who would come out of hiding.

ryan
May 27th, 2004, 06:07 PM
i think snape'll be bad... it just seems like it would be a really cool twist to throw in at the end. at least i think so. i may not be thinking entirely rationaly, but i think snape's a jerk thuroughly. *blind to the fact that albus trusts him and is always right*

Skye
May 27th, 2004, 06:34 PM
I can't wait til the third movie come out too! Though I do wish they would make them more true to the books, and put more in the films. It is generated towards a younger audience, who tend to have smaller attention spans...but I dunno. I'd like to see more material in the films...I think I made my point...lol

(Random thought: I think I will make a Hogwarts school uniform for Hallow's Eve this year!)

ryan
May 27th, 2004, 07:20 PM
awesome, make me an outfit too. and ya... so far the movies have been a disapointment to some degree, but they're just movies, they don't take anything away from our books!

Skye
May 27th, 2004, 07:46 PM
That's true...they don't take away at all...however, I would think it would be cool if they were more epic like the LOTR movies. But again, the attention span problem....but you know...the kids had the patience to sit down and read the books.....gah...I dunno.

JoWood
May 28th, 2004, 03:38 AM
Thats true skye. I think they put into the LOTR movies because those arent so much as focused on younger people. BTW I read all LOTR books.

Phoenix Boy
May 28th, 2004, 11:41 PM
Yes you can all join im so happy we have al these members
By the way Tatt is co managar i felt that i needed a female to run it with me its only fair

~*Silent Tattsu*~
May 29th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Yes you can all join im so happy we have al these members
By the way Tatt is co managar i felt that i needed a female to run it with me its only fair

Weeeee! *Puts lil Gryffindor prefect badge on* :P Thankyu for letting me be Co-Owner PB, it is a pleasure ^__^

I can't wait til the third movie come out too! Though I do wish they would make them more true to the books, and put more in the films. It is generated towards a younger audience, who tend to have smaller attention spans...but I dunno. I'd like to see more material in the films...I think I made my point...lol

(Random thought: I think I will make a Hogwarts school uniform for Hallow's Eve this year!)

Same here Skye! *nod nod* I agree with you on the Films...its completely true how if younger Kids have the attention span to read the books, then they should be able to cope with a more complicated and longer film ._. lOl I suppose its because the makers of the films want it to be popular on a wide age group, and they don't want problems arising with the age rating of the film. We all know HP could be much darker and gory in the Films, but they won't do that.

I have a feeling that now Cris Columbus has stopped directing and someone different did poa, the Films might me better. People are saying the new director has made it more dark and HP like. Poa looks awesome! ^____^ I am satisfied with the movies, just. Hopefully this is a new begining for them!

Miyu-chan
May 29th, 2004, 03:27 PM
Can I join? n_n I just *adore* Harry Potter. =3 I love Hermione and Ginny and Hagrid, he's so funny. xD;

~*Silent Tattsu*~
May 29th, 2004, 03:31 PM
Can I join? n_n I just *adore* Harry Potter. =3 I love Hermione and Ginny and Hagrid, he's so funny. xD;

Sure Miyu-chan! ^__^ Welcome!

Hagrid sure is funny XD I love his obsession with dangerous creatures and the way he says things. He cracks me up!

JoWood
May 29th, 2004, 04:39 PM
How about a Yule Ball roleplay? Just for this club? BTW the Yule Ball is a like a prom for 4th years.(For people who didnt read that one.)

ryan
May 29th, 2004, 04:56 PM
sounds like a fun thing to do (the yule ball) except of course for the undeniable fact that it's... almost june. so we'd have to wait a while before it could be "yule"
or we could do a dueling club!
*casts alohamora on JoWood!* nothing happened... dammmm
and about LOTR... i couldn't read the books (they lost me in rivendelle or however you spell it) and the movies bored me to tears... so long!
with wussy little frodo falling apart ever 5 minutes.... grr...
but guess what?....
HARRY POTTER!

Hikaru's Twin
May 29th, 2004, 05:06 PM
Would it be all right if i joined? ^^ I'm a HP Fan too and own all the books and movies so far. My favourite characters are Severus Snape and Hermione Granger. I can't wait until the movie comes out over here on May 31st...definitely going to see it!

Miyu-chan
May 29th, 2004, 09:36 PM
I wonder if there's people here who read HP fanfiction? n_n; I was extreamly surprised of the amount of Harry/Snape Father/Son fanfictions.... xD; Well... it *is* a possibilty... right? n_n;
I can't wait until the movie comes out over here on May 31st...definitely going to see it! You're so lucky~ =x The movie comes out here at June 4th. xD; But I can't even see it *that* early, seeing that I have finals... (Grrrr!) >=x

asher_son_of_ash
May 29th, 2004, 10:24 PM
>.< AHHH! No, Yule ball. =P O.o; I don't like 'em.
Hey, I'll five everyone a quiz:

Q. Which of the characters in the books Harry Potter are you mostly like?

For me I like Ron. o.o; Except I'm not a chess wizard. XD;

Phoenix Boy
May 30th, 2004, 01:26 AM
i dont think i like any off them

Im just wondering if we sorted our selfs into houses who wouldnt be in grifindor?

asher_son_of_ash
May 30th, 2004, 01:37 AM
I would be in Ravenclaw. =/ I tend to hate much of the population of Gyriffindor. Justa bit.

Phoenix Boy
May 30th, 2004, 01:43 AM
i would be in grifindor as i would be able to to wear the cool scarf!!!!!!!

Hikaru's Twin
May 30th, 2004, 01:50 AM
i dont think i like any off them

Im just wondering if we sorted our selfs into houses who wouldnt be in grifindor?

I wouldn't be in Gyrffindor, i'd be in Slytherin. Not all Slytherins' are completely evil. :p

Phoenix Boy
May 30th, 2004, 02:05 AM
i couldnt go in Slytherin its too green lol

Hikaru's Twin
May 30th, 2004, 02:12 AM
i couldnt go in Slytherin its too green lol

Yes, but Snape's head of Slytherin House! :p Lol.

Phoenix Boy
May 30th, 2004, 02:19 AM
i prefer Mgonical (grifindor leader) i think snape is kinda evil *hides*

asher_son_of_ash
May 30th, 2004, 02:20 AM
Nothing rong with being green. Bulbsaur is green too but you still like it. :D

Phoenix Boy
May 30th, 2004, 02:21 AM
Yeah but bulbasaur isnt evil and nasty

Skye
May 30th, 2004, 12:41 PM
Hmmm...if I were sorted into a house, I suppose I would be in Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff, depending on how good I would be at wizzardry.

I think that I am most like a cross between Hermione and Neville...a wierd combo I know...but I'm told I am really smart, and I can accomplish many things, but I really am not cinfident in my abilities....

Aggron91
May 30th, 2004, 12:47 PM
can i join ive read all the books 10 times ova, i own the first two films and im seeing the third 2morrow, cya l8r

ryan
May 30th, 2004, 01:17 PM
hufflepuff... definatly. that house's so cool. best characteristics belong there. or the most important anyway.

Greed
May 30th, 2004, 06:36 PM
Slytherin rawks! All the evil wizards come from there! XD The guy who acts as Snape is HOT! XD

*dies*

ryan
May 31st, 2004, 06:51 AM
alan rickman is not hot... he's a monotone old man.
proffesor flitwick on the other hand...

Legendary_Pokegirl
May 31st, 2004, 07:10 AM
Hmmmm....I would want to be sorted into Gryffindor.

Ew....that dude who plays Snape is not hot. He is ugly!

~*Silent Tattsu*~
May 31st, 2004, 07:17 AM
can i join ive read all the books 10 times ova, i own the first two films and im seeing the third 2morrow, cya l8r

Sure you can join Aggron91, welcome! :)

*Jumps around* Tommorow i'm going to see poa! Yessssss! ^o^ I just can't wait.
I have a feeling poa will be better than the rest so far. I mean it is my favourite HP Book.

Heh..good question PB n.n What House would we like/be sorted into?
I think i'd be in Gryffindor, simple really XD Cause my personality is confident, i am loyal, i love having Friends, i hate evil people and most of all i'm adventurous!

I have a good question for you guys - If you could have any animal as your School Wizard pet in Hogwarts, what would it be? I would love a Minute owl like Ron's Pigwidgeon ^__^ A tiny silver one. Or i'd love a snow Fox or a Phoenix.

Ew....that dude who plays Snape is not hot. He is ugly!
Totally LP! XD Snap is not hot....he's slimy! Some people think he's sexy *Cough* o.o If theres anyone thats Hot in HP....its Harry A.K.A the actor that plays him, Dan :P Honestly i do like him he is so cute! *Glomps*

Legendary_Pokegirl
May 31st, 2004, 07:19 AM
If I couldnt be sorted into Gryffindor, then deffinatly RavenClaw. I love that name!

~*Silent Tattsu*~
May 31st, 2004, 07:23 AM
If I couldnt be sorted into Gryffindor, then deffinatly RavenClaw. I love that name!

I love the name Ravenclaw too LP! For some reason it sounds cool n.n()()

EDIT - wOOt! My 400th Post! ^____^

Legendary_Pokegirl
May 31st, 2004, 07:25 AM
Ya, just the two words put together....its cool.

~*Silent Tattsu*~
May 31st, 2004, 07:36 AM
So what would your Wizarding pet be LP? n.n()() *Points to my 3rd last post*

Legendary_Pokegirl
May 31st, 2004, 07:39 AM
Hmmm.....I would choose a Barn Owl. You said that you would like a Phoenix or a Snow Fox, but I dont think they would allow them! XD

But a owl like Pigwigeon would be so cute!

~*Silent Tattsu*~
May 31st, 2004, 07:44 AM
Hmmm.....I would choose a Barn Owl. You said that you would like a Phoenix or a Snow Fox, but I dont think they would allow them! XD

But a owl like Pigwigeon would be so cute!

Ya have a good point there LP :P I do not think they would allow a Phoenix or Fox XD Put if i could have any Pet i would have a Phoenix or a Snow Fox. But to go with the rules of Hogwarts, i'd have a Silver minute owl ^___^ Pigwidgeon is so cute! *Heart* Ron and him are so hilarious!

Legendary_Pokegirl
May 31st, 2004, 07:46 AM
What kind of Wand would you want Tatt? I would want one with a "single unicorn hair". XD

asher_son_of_ash
May 31st, 2004, 08:01 AM
I have a good question for you guys - If you could have any animal as your School Wizard pet in Hogwarts, what would it be? I would love a Minute owl like Ron's Pigwidgeon ^__^ A tiny silver one. Or i'd love a snow Fox or a Phoenix.

Ehh... I would rather have a wolf as a pet. And if I can't I'll just take a cat. o.O; Which brings me to another thought.

--What is Crookshanks? It's not a real cat according to hp-lexicon.org...

Legendary_Pokegirl
May 31st, 2004, 08:04 AM
Maybe CrookShanks is a ANIMAGUS! I dunno, I cant answer your question. ^_^;

Hikaru's Twin
May 31st, 2004, 08:26 AM
*Sweatdrops* Excuse me while i barge in here. * Barges in* ....*coughs* I just have to say this "Snape is hot!" And i shall not be fazed by others opinions.
Yeah, anyways...i went to see PoA today and it was brilliant, it was so funny...yet pretty scary at parts. I won't say much...as i don't want to spoil anything for those who can't see it yet! :p But you really ought to see what they've done with the Hogwarts uniforms....
Hmm...the pet i'd want would be an Eagle owl...the kind Malfoy has...and no, i'm not a Draco fan...just Hermione and Snape!

~*Silent Tattsu*~
May 31st, 2004, 08:37 AM
*Sweatdrops* Excuse me while i barge in here. * Barges in* ....*coughs* I just have to say this "Snape is hot!" And i shall not be fazed by others opinions.
Yeah, anyways...i went to see PoA today and it was brilliant, it was so funny...yet pretty scary at parts. I won't say much...as i don't want to spoil anything for those who can't see it yet! :p But you really ought to see what they've done with the Hogwarts uniforms....
Hmm...the pet i'd want would be an Eagle owl...the kind Malfoy has...and no, i'm not a Draco fan...just Hermione and Snape!

*Gets bopped on the Head by Hikaru* You think Snape is sexy? I fail ... to .. understand that..... :P But i guess alot of Girls are fans of him in that way, but i'm just a Harry fan at heart ^__~ *Strops* You are soooooo lucky Hikaru! ;_; The tickets for Poa here are sold out for Monday...i am going tommorow evening, luckily we reserved great seats and there should still be loads of people pouring in. Our local big Cinema gets overloaded every time a HP Movie comes out ;P

Legendary_Pokegirl
May 31st, 2004, 08:39 AM
Im going to see the movie on June 8th with my class. Its going to be great!

Hikaru's Twin
May 31st, 2004, 08:49 AM
*Gets bopped on the Head by Hikaru* You think Snape is sexy? I fail ... to .. understand that..... :P But i guess alot of Girls are fans of him in that way, but i'm just a Harry fan at heart ^__~ *Strops* You are soooooo lucky Hikaru! ;_; The tickets for Poa here are sold out for Monday...i am going tommorow evening, luckily we reserved great seats and there should still be loads of people pouring in. Our local big Cinema gets overloaded every time a HP Movie comes out ;P

Aww! The tickets were sold out! Poor Tatt! I feel sorry for you...really......but at least you're seeing it tomorrow! It's great!! People pouring in....yeah...there were eight out of ten screens at our cinema...showing PoA and i know that at least six of them were completely full up! :p

ryan
May 31st, 2004, 09:27 AM
nobody that has a relation with harry potter is attractive, they're all pasty british people. but i've bought tickets for saturday, which is cool. even though i'm not the first to see it...

Hikaru's Twin
May 31st, 2004, 09:33 AM
nobody that has a relation with harry potter is attractive, they're all pasty british people. but i've bought tickets for saturday, which is cool. even though i'm not the first to see it...

Whether you find them attractive or not is your own opinion, *hugs Severus* but that wasn't a very nice thing to say! I happen to be British. o.o

Skye
May 31st, 2004, 09:44 AM
...I think British people are cool....and I personally don't find Snape attractive (will he PLEASE wash his hair!!X_x) but I give him more credit than most HP fans. I'm really excited to see his past unwraveled, as I have said before...

It made me sad to know that Harry's dad picked on Snape. (Randomish thought)

The PoA does not come out here until this weekend, and even then i don't know if I will be able to see it! So don't put any spoilers!

Also, I am very sad the Hermione punches Malfoy in the face. (Saw it on the previews) I would have thought she would have done something a little more witty.

Okay...I will stop babbling now.

Legendary_Pokegirl
May 31st, 2004, 09:52 AM
...I think British people are cool....and I personally don't find Snape attractive (will he PLEASE wash his hair!!X_x) but I give him more credit than most HP fans. I'm really excited to see his past unwraveled, as I have said before...

It made me sad to know that Harry's dad picked on Snape. (Randomish thought)

The PoA does not come out here until this weekend, and even then i don't know if I will be able to see it! So don't put any spoilers!

Also, I am very sad the Hermione punches Malfoy in the face. (Saw it on the previews) I would have thought she would have done something a little more witty.

Okay...I will stop babbling now.

Im Britsh! ^_^ Well....a little. I have an accent in some of my words. But Im a British decendent.

Im rather glad Hermione punches Malfoy in the face. But she could have done something better to add, like a good kick in the shin!

Phoenix Boy
May 31st, 2004, 10:25 AM
Yay members *jumps happily*

I would like an owl or a hipplegriff rember what i said tatt?

a Phoenix would be cool too.

Skye
May 31st, 2004, 10:29 AM
Hmmm...if I could have ANY animal at Hogwarts I would probably choose something creepy, like a Gremlin. Not the scary, man-eating Gremlins, like what happens when they eat at midnight and get in water and stuff, but the cute little ones BEFORE the transformation. Like Magwi!!!

~*Silent Tattsu*~
May 31st, 2004, 10:32 AM

Trys to control anger* I happen to be British too rsgh5... O.O And if i were you, i would not bash any country because bashing is not alowed. You think anybody that has any relation with HP is a pasty Brit? Well in other words i think you're saying "HP Fans are all British losers" So why on earth i you going to see Poa may i ask? Please don't come into a Club and start sticking your nose in by bashing. That was harsh, and i thought i'd say to you that there are HP Fans ALL around the world. Not just in the U.K

Aww! The tickets were sold out! Poor Tatt! I feel sorry for you...really......but at least you're seeing it tomorrow! It's great!! People pouring in....yeah...there were eight out of ten screens at our cinema...showing PoA and i know that at least six of them were completely full up! :p

Awww ^^ Thanks Hikaru *Huggles* I'll get over it! Only 24 hours to go! *Jumps around* Well, i am going tommorow evening at 7oclock infact XD I really can not wait, it looks HP Awesome :D Have you seen any interviews on the T.V in England recently Hikaru? I watched one this morning.

Legendary_Pokegirl
May 31st, 2004, 10:32 AM
Ya, those Grimlens are so cute! But the big green ones totally freaked me out though!

ryan
May 31st, 2004, 10:35 AM
i was simply saying that i don't think that cast is attractive. and that's not going to stop me from seeing an awesome movie. and i'm sorry, that was a rude generalization. i shouldn't have said that.

Phoenix Boy
May 31st, 2004, 10:36 AM
Trys to control anger* I happen to be British too rsgh5... O.O And if i were you, i would not bash any country because bashing is not alowed. You think anybody that has any relation with HP is a pasty Brit? Well in other words i think you're saying "HP Fans are all British losers" So why on earth i you going to see Poa may i ask? Please don't come into a Club and start sticking your nose in by bashing. That was harsh, and i thought i'd say to you that there are HP Fans ALL around the world. Not just in the U.K

Awww ^^ Thanks Hikaru *Huggles* I'll get over it! Only 24 hours to go! *Jumps around* Well, i am going tommorow evening at 7oclock infact XD I really can not wait, it looks HP Awesome :D Have you seen any interviews on the T.V in England recently Hikaru? I watched one this morning.

i watched that tatt :P
It was so fab i wanna watcyh it again and as i rember i told you about it tatt i need some thanks

ryan
May 31st, 2004, 10:37 AM
ya, i watched the interview on regis and kelly this morning. too bad they didn't show a longer clip

Phoenix Boy
May 31st, 2004, 10:40 AM
it was only half an hour but it was full of clips and interviews and herminone :embarrass

Hikaru's Twin
May 31st, 2004, 11:21 AM

^_^ *Huggles back* Well no, not really, i've on seen a couple with Daniel Radcliffe and a brief one with Emma when they were at the premiere in London. Being that i live i Scotland though...i don't know if i would've gotten the chance (despite the rare differences in the T.V shedules) to watch them, what channel(s) were they on anyways? ^^;

Miyu-chan
May 31st, 2004, 12:06 PM
Q. Which of the characters in the books Harry Potter are you mostly like? I think that I'm like Ginny the most. n_n; I'm shy, but I can surprise people sometimes. o_O;

I think the person who plays Snape is... okay. :P They changed the uniforms?! Wow... xD;

I'm just curious to know... what subject do you think that you'll be best in if you could go to Hogwarts? n_n
I think that maybe i'll be best in Charms. =3 But according to this quiz... http://www.selectsmart.com/free/select.php?client=hogwartclasses My best is DaDA, second is Transfiguration, 3rd is Ancient Runes. xD;

Hikaru's Twin
May 31st, 2004, 12:24 PM
According to the quiz, my top three subjects were: 1)Ancient Ruins 2)Arithmancy (yeah...right..) and 3) History of Magic
Outwith the quiz...i think i would have been better at DADA or Potions.

Mew13
May 31st, 2004, 01:07 PM
I took that quiz and my top were as follows:

1) Transfiguration
2) Potions
3) Arithmancy

That was a fun quiz! Yeah!!

Hey, can I join the club? I've been reading Harry Potter forever!! I was reading it even before it even became the fad it is now!! Please?

ryan
May 31st, 2004, 03:03 PM
my tops were:
Astrology
Divination
Arithmency
and Flying

Ice demon
May 31st, 2004, 03:25 PM
i love harry potter - each book is better than the last.

Skye
May 31st, 2004, 04:15 PM
My results were as follows: (just the top ones)

Transfiguration
Potions O_o
DADA

Strange......

Legendary_Pokegirl
May 31st, 2004, 04:26 PM
My results are:

1. Transfiguraton
2.Potions
3. Herbology

But I must say that my top three favorite lessons are

Transfiguration, Charms, and Care of Magical Creatures.

ryan
May 31st, 2004, 06:03 PM
my favorite class is dada with umbrige!

asher_son_of_ash
May 31st, 2004, 11:03 PM
I'll list 'em all here.

1.Potions. 2.Transfiguration.

3.Ancient Ruins. 4.Arithmancy .

5.History of Magic. 6. Herbology.

7.Astrology. 8. Care of Magical Creatures.

9. Charms. 10. Divination.

11. Flying. 12. Defense Against the Dark Arts.

13. Muggle studies.

o.O; I still prefer Charms, Transfiguration and Care of Magical creatures though. :|

Phoenix Boy
May 31st, 2004, 11:28 PM
Could you guys tell me what quiz your talking about as i have been asleep

asher_son_of_ash
May 31st, 2004, 11:56 PM
It's this quiz that Miyu-chan gave---http://www.selectsmart.com/free/select.php?client=hogwartclasses there ya go.

Legendary_Pokegirl
June 1st, 2004, 04:30 AM
My number one class was Transfiguration. It would be so cool, to learn how to transform things and stuff like that! ^_^;

ScArLetSkye
June 1st, 2004, 07:15 AM
oO; Ohmygosh..... I can't believe I didn't notice this club! *Cries* *Sniff* Can I *Sniff* Join?

asher_son_of_ash
June 1st, 2004, 07:22 AM
You can -sniff- join. We need a few more -sniff- members. -_-; Okay, that was stupid. =D Anyway, not my place to say it but welcome to the club.

ScArLetSkye
June 1st, 2004, 07:27 AM
Thank you! *Feels loved* ^^

ashley03
June 1st, 2004, 07:29 AM
can i join?plz.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Legendary_Pokegirl
June 1st, 2004, 07:32 AM
Of course you can join! ^_^; Anyone can join I think!

ashley03
June 1st, 2004, 07:38 AM
Yah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

asher_son_of_ash
June 1st, 2004, 07:52 AM
Yah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was SPAM. Next time add a little more to your posts. I won't report it since this was your first time. o.O; Just be a LITTLE more careful next time, alright?

WOOHOO. 400 POSTS. =P

shining_light
June 1st, 2004, 10:24 AM
1. arithmancy
2. potions(yuck! snape's class...)
3. astrology

Phoenix Boy
June 1st, 2004, 10:37 AM
Yay members you can join

i just did the quiz i got potions first *cries*

ScArLetSkye
June 1st, 2004, 10:41 AM
I got:
1-Charms
2-Flying
3-Divinition
I like me results.^_^

Phoenix Boy
June 1st, 2004, 10:46 AM
your too lucky iwanted flying first :(

Legendary_Pokegirl
June 1st, 2004, 10:47 AM
I had Transfiguration first! Its my favorite class!

Miyu-chan
June 1st, 2004, 12:55 PM
I think that flying sounds kinda creepy though... *imagines flyinng 50 feet above the ground with nothing underneith*

.... *shivers* But the risk would be fun though. xD

[EDIT] I think that Potions actually sounds fun. (No, I am not saying that because Snape is hot or something. :P) It sounds like cooking. xD

Legendary_Pokegirl
June 1st, 2004, 01:09 PM
Well, ya. But it wouldnt be my all time favorite subject. Dont tell me you think Snape is hot to! He is uuuuuuuuuuuuugly!

JoWood
June 1st, 2004, 01:32 PM
Flying & Care of Magical Creatures. Those would be the best classes. I've alwayz wanted to fly. Closest thing to it is being on a rollercoaster.

I like animals & Hagrid's a cool teacher. This class would be tight.

Well, ya. But it wouldnt be my all time favorite subject. Dont tell me you think Snape is hot to! He is uuuuuuuuuuuuugly!

Why does everyone hate Snape. I wouldn't be that nice to Harry either if his father wuz a stuck-up popular kid.

Legendary_Pokegirl
June 1st, 2004, 01:53 PM
Flying & Care of Magical Creatures. Those would be the best classes. I've alwayz wanted to fly. Closest thing to it is being on a rollercoaster.

I like animals & Hagrid's a cool teacher. This class would be tight.

Why does everyone hate Snape. I wouldn't be that nice to Harry either if his father wuz a stuck-up popular kid.

Harrys father wasnt a stuck-up popular kid. And he is not just mean to Harry, is mean to all the Gryffindors and all the other houses pretty uch, EXCEPT Slytherin.

Jesus Freak Josh
June 1st, 2004, 01:57 PM
Can I join? I like Harry Potter!
Also, my favourite classes are Charms, Defence Against the Dark Arts, Transfiguration, and Care of Magical Creatures!

ScArLetSkye
June 1st, 2004, 02:15 PM
YES! *Huggles Batesy* You can join! (Sorry if it's not my place to say this.)
Charms... Ah... I would like that....

ryan
June 1st, 2004, 03:38 PM
Harrys father wasnt a stuck-up popular kid. And he is not just mean to Harry, is mean to all the Gryffindors and all the other houses pretty uch, EXCEPT Slytherin.
james was a messed up popular kid, but you're right that snape's mean to everybody aside from slytherins

Miyu-chan
June 1st, 2004, 04:34 PM
lol, I think he's okay. xD But a lot of people seems to think that he's hot. o_O; He's like 30-something! @_@ I thought that James Potter was horrible in the book. I dislike him. Blegh.

Legendary_Pokegirl
June 1st, 2004, 04:39 PM
I admit James was a trouble maker, but we hardly know anything pretty much about him. Im only on the 5th book, so I dont know if anything happened with him there. But I dont think to much of him, or to little of him. If that made sense....XD

Miyu-chan
June 1st, 2004, 04:48 PM
So you haven't read the 5th book yet? =3

ryan
June 1st, 2004, 04:51 PM
it made perfect sense, except for the grammer, which should be "too much" "too little"

Legendary_Pokegirl
June 1st, 2004, 05:34 PM
I am half way through it! ^_^;

Jesus Freak Josh
June 1st, 2004, 06:14 PM
I got it in Australia on the day it came out and finished it two days after.

Skye
June 1st, 2004, 07:08 PM
I spent about five days last summer just power reading through the books, which belong to my youngest sister....someday, when I have some major $$, I am going to get the whole seires in hardcover.....mmmm.....

The fifth book was really awesome! But I won't post anything, because I don't want to spoil it!

Random question....

Does JKR do all her own art for the books?

asher_son_of_ash
June 1st, 2004, 11:01 PM
Well, not the front page arts... but I think she did do the Hogwarts crest, I think. JKR was also supposed to make Chapter art but the publisher of the books decided not to put 'em in. =D

Miyu-chan
June 2nd, 2004, 03:28 PM
She drew the doodles in those two books, Quiditch throughout the ages and Fantastic Beasts. xD;

Skye
June 2nd, 2004, 03:31 PM
Hmmm....how odd that she would be denied to put her chapter pics in the books. She should make a book of her drawings or something. I would be really interested to see them.

ryan
June 2nd, 2004, 06:22 PM
the drawings are pretty cool at the begining of chapters, i didn't realize that she could draw though...

JoWood
June 3rd, 2004, 05:45 PM
The 5th books in Europe. Are they different from books here. I hear the Order of The Pheonix has a Fiery Pheonix on the cover . I wuz wonderin if all the books in Europe are different covers from the US ones.

I assume the content is the same but what bout the artwork is that different too?

Phoenix Boy
June 6th, 2004, 12:13 AM
Im currently reading book 4 it ok a bit boring .........

Skye
June 6th, 2004, 08:31 AM
Book four wasn't boring for me at all...just long. Be patient! It'll get better soon! ^^ Book four is one of my favorites!!

Legendary_Pokegirl
June 6th, 2004, 09:06 AM
Book 4 was alright. All the god-good events happen at the end. I think it will be very interesting to watch the movie.

Phoenix Boy
June 6th, 2004, 10:48 AM
book four will be like 4 hours its over double the 3rd one

Mew13
June 6th, 2004, 12:40 PM
I found the fourth book to be my favorite!! I cannot wait for the movie!!

I asked to join quite awhile ago and never got an answer..... so.... may I join!?

Skye
June 6th, 2004, 03:15 PM
I don't see why not, Mew 13, but I think it is Phoenix Boy's call...

Like I said before, I really liked book four. I too will be excited to see the film!

Sakura and Espeon
June 6th, 2004, 04:23 PM
Discription: This is a club that we will discuss about Defence Against the Dark Arts and also go against Professor Umbridge and the Ministry.

Also, you can talk about Harry Potter too.

100marios
June 6th, 2004, 04:50 PM
*walks in and talks like Professor Umbridge*
Hem, hem....
What do you kids think you are doing!?
Hehe....

Um, is this thread really necessary? After all, there is already a Harry Potter club, (I think) so why not do this there?

Jess
June 6th, 2004, 04:51 PM
w00t a Harry Potter CLub.. *joins ^_^*

Sakura and Espeon
June 6th, 2004, 05:08 PM
Ok.... I will merge the topic to the HP Club

Miyu-chan
June 6th, 2004, 06:37 PM
book four will be like 4 hours its over double the 3rd one
I don't think so. n_n; According to a HP forum, its been comfirmed that the 4th movie will be about 2hours long, because WB wants to prevent little children from being impatient, which is rubbish if you ask me. >.>;

Skye
June 6th, 2004, 06:39 PM
I don't think so. n_n; According to a HP forum, its been comfirmed that the 4th movie will be about 2hours long, because WB wants to prevent little children from being impatient, which is rubbish if you ask me. >.>;

Right on! If they read the books, they should be able to sit through the movie! *kicks WB* Owwww....

Phoenix Boy
June 6th, 2004, 10:50 PM
i think the foruth movie will be cut up then if its only two hours as theres loads happening in it

Jesus Freak Josh
June 6th, 2004, 10:55 PM
i think the foruth movie will be cut up then if its only two hours as theres loads happening in it
It is. I read about it!

Phoenix Boy
June 6th, 2004, 11:03 PM
so it will be cut up and shortaned or are you talking about the time

asher_son_of_ash
June 19th, 2004, 04:10 AM

O.o; Little kids? But I thought the ratings for the movies were PG-13 which states out that kids younger than 11 can watch it.

Mew13
June 19th, 2004, 09:47 AM
I'm pretty sure the movies are PG.... for mild launguage and violence.

Jesus Freak Josh
June 19th, 2004, 01:13 PM
O.o; Little kids? But I thought the ratings for the movies were PG-13 which states out that kids younger than 11 can watch it.
Well if it will be 2 hours long, it would suck. According to K-Zone, the 4th movie will be split into two different parts. So that might be where they got two hours from!

nicolelh11
June 19th, 2004, 03:54 PM
I love harry potter. I read all the books that have came out so far. My favorite character is Harry because he's brave, tough.

Phoenix Boy
June 20th, 2004, 09:31 AM
I like hermine best as she come out of her shell so much witch makes her a lot more appeling to boys
Ron is halerios with constant 'bloody ****'
Harry is cool too

(I didnt meant to swear but you know what ron is like)

Skye
June 21st, 2004, 10:49 AM
It is. I read about it!

I just hafta say it, Batesy....yousounded an awful lot like Hermione there!!

Phoenix Boy
June 21st, 2004, 10:57 AM
People call me the male hermione but for some reason i like the boffin look

Mew13
June 21st, 2004, 06:49 PM
Hehe, I'm often compared to Hermione. I love to learn and often sound like I swallowed the dictionary. Ehehehe.

Hey, what did you guys think of the 5th book? I found Harry to be quite the angry child, didn't you?

Phoenix Boy
June 21st, 2004, 10:13 PM
Well i havent read it yet but i guess he would be angry if he didnt have and parents

Skye
June 22nd, 2004, 04:30 AM
Yeah...I wasn't very fond of Harry's attitude in the fifth book. To be honest, he was quite annoying and whiny. Though I suppose he IS and adolescent now, and that's how they are...nothing is ever fair enough, etc. With guardians like the Dursleys, I can see how he ges so mad, but at Hogwarts? I am afraid my favorite will always be Hermione. She seems to always keep a cool head about things.

Phoenix Boy
June 22nd, 2004, 07:46 AM
Yeah Hermione doesnt look much like a boff but does know alot

asher_son_of_ash
June 22nd, 2004, 08:00 AM
Not really. Hermione keeps a cool head when things goes rough in books 2, 3 ,4, 5 but in book one she was all crazy with reading and sometimes she would go starkers when Harry and Ron broke the rules ... o.O; Read, read , read. Well until Ron and Harry made friends with her that is. x_x

~*Silent Tattsu*~
June 22nd, 2004, 09:04 AM
Yeah...I wasn't very fond of Harry's attitude in the fifth book. To be honest, he was quite annoying and whiny. Though I suppose he IS and adolescent now, and that's how they are...nothing is ever fair enough, etc. With guardians like the Dursleys, I can see how he ges so mad, but at Hogwarts? I am afraid my favorite will always be Hermione. She seems to always keep a cool head about things.

*Hops back into thread feeling Ashamed* Ack! I'm not posting in this thread enough! ;)

You got a good point there Skye. Oh yes, Harry certainly turned very Angsty in Book 5. I have to say i didn't particualy like his attitude myself, but you have to ask yourself how would it feel to be in Harry's position. If that was my life, i certainly would not be happy, i mean i think Harry's put on a very brave face and he trys to be happy as much as he can. The darkest and most feared wizard killing your parents and then wanting to kill you, knowing that he's stalking you, having to go live with people like the Dursleys (who basicly abused him) seeing Cedric die in front of his eyes the year before. Having those horrible visions (When Mr Weasely got bitten by the Snake ect.) The embarrasing and awkward relationship he had with Cho. How would all of that feel?

I think there were alot of reasons Harry was so hot tempered and depressed in ootp - Teenage angst, yes i know how it feels, and like i said before J.K had to show it somehow. Thats why Harry ended up having his first kiss that year with Cho i suppose, you know, he's growing up. Umbridge and Dumbledore being taken out of the School, anybody would feel depressed with Umbridge being your Head teacher, Hogwarts was a Home and santcuary for Harry and after Umbridge was in charge he had nowhere to turn to.

Anyhoo i've ranted enough ;D

So, i was just wondering if anybody fancies a Shippy HP topic? Yes? No?
Well, i bet none of you guys know, but i'm a huge Ron and Hermione shipper. I am convinced they'll get together in the end, and i wondered if any of you have noticed the hints between them in the Books.

asher_son_of_ash
June 22nd, 2004, 09:16 AM
XP Shippings, eh? I ship ... Hermione x Draco. [Love-hate relationships. o.O] @_@ But I support Ginny x Harry and Hermione x Ron as well. :p I ship TOO much

Phoenix Boy
June 22nd, 2004, 11:50 AM
i dont think that Hermione x Draco will work as that is too much hate

I also dont think harry will go with ginny they dont match

But *waves flag* Go Hermione and Ron shipping the are so cute and its SO obious

Do you think Hermione and Ron shipping is Wandshipping it cant be potter shipping can it?

Jesus Freak Josh
June 22nd, 2004, 01:09 PM
i dont think that Hermione x Draco will work as that is too much hate

I also dont think harry will go with ginny they dont match

But *waves flag* Go Hermione and Ron shipping the are so cute and its SO obious

Do you think Hermione and Ron shipping is Wandshipping it cant be potter shipping can it?
NOOO!!!!!!!!! Not Hermione and Ron! :( :( :(
Harry and Hermione! :) :) :)

And Ron can just die alone! :) :) :)

Everyone wins!

Skye
June 23rd, 2004, 09:24 AM
Personally, I support Ron x Hermione. Harry will always be a good friend to Hermione, and vice versa, but I think they are too close as friends to be "together." There is also more chemistry between Ron and Hermione, though I suppose if I were in her position, I would have a hard time choosing between the two! (I'll take Harry if Hermione doesn't want him!! ;))

~*Silent Tattsu*~
June 23rd, 2004, 12:44 PM
Personally, I support Ron x Hermione. Harry will always be a good friend to Hermione, and vice versa, but I think they are too close as friends to be "together." There is also more chemistry between Ron and Hermione, though I suppose if I were in her position, I would have a hard time choosing between the two! (I'll take Harry if Hermione doesn't want him!! ;))

Very good post there Skye, some good points! ;)

*lol* I know what you mean, i'd have a very hard time choosing between Ron and Harry ;p They are both gorgeous in their different ways.

No!! Leave Ron to die? You evil boi!! XP

And Batesy, i'm afraid the fate of Herm and Ron is not up to you, its in J.K's hands *Evil grin* :cheeky: And i'm sorry to say that it is very obvious that the two will get together in the end. J.K has hinted towards it herself, and there are plenty of hints in the Books. I mean, no one can deny that Ron does not have a crush on Hermione. IMO, Harry and Hermione are great Friends, but their relationship is very mutual and there's no sexual tension involved.

Heres some R/Hr evidence -

J.K Rowling interview proof -

Q: Is it just me, or was something going on between Ron and Hermione during the last half of Goblet of Fire?

A: "Yes, something's "going on," but Ron doesn't realize it yet. Typical boy." -- J.K. Rowling's response to a fan question

"Harry and Hermione are very platonic friends. But I won't answer for anyone else, nudge, nudge, wink, wink." - J.K Rowling (National Press Club Luncheon, October 1999)
-------------------------

Interview with Katie Couric, June 21st, 2003

JKR: and he, yes, he does have certain adolescent, umm, rites of passage happen to him.

KC: And he's snogging with Hermione?

JKR: Hermione and Harry? Do you think so?

KC: No, I'm kidding.

JKR: Ron and Hermione *smiles and nods*, I would say, have... there's more... tension there.

-----------------------------

Q: Does Hermione like Ron as more than a friend?

A: The answer to that is in Goblet of Fire! -- J.K. Rowling's response to a fan's question during a BBC chat

---------------------

Q: In this movie we've seen the kids develop from the first film, can you tell us about the relationship between Harry, Ron, and Hermione and how that is developing film by film?

JKR: Well I think it is developing in the films as it does in the books, which is to say that they are, they're much stronger together than apart. They're much more aware, in the second film, of their particular strengths. So they're more effective, the children are able to do more complex things, for example the Polyjuice Potion. And also Chris in the second film has kind of foreshadowed what I don't do until the fourth book, which is that you get hints of certain feelings between the three of them, that belong to a sort of slightly more mature person.
--------------

These are all from http://www.ronandhermione.org/wnl/

Jesus Freak Josh
June 23rd, 2004, 01:04 PM
NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hermione's mine and Harry's!!!!!
*Kills Ron*
She's a loony! (J/K)

It will happen... Unless...
*Gets an idea*
I'll write an alternate ending! MUHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

ryan
June 23rd, 2004, 05:09 PM
ah well, you can write book seven, seeing as harry's gonna die in book 6
(it's a rumor i'm trying to spread, it would be cool don't you think?)

asher_son_of_ash
June 23rd, 2004, 09:30 PM
XD; Too bad I ignore rumours. But I think HxG will work as "History repeats itself". o_O; Anyway. WONDERFUL POST ON RxH, Skye. O_o;

~~ o_o; Asher

Jesus Freak Josh
June 23rd, 2004, 09:49 PM
ah well, you can write book seven, seeing as harry's gonna die in book 6
(it's a rumor i'm trying to spread, it would be cool don't you think?)
It would not!
I would be ever so p***** and I would just go over to England and kill J.K!

asher_son_of_ash
June 23rd, 2004, 09:51 PM
Down, Batesy. XD; Don't go crazy. Anyway, I know (At least I think I do) know how HP and Big V. are gonna go down. :P

Mari
June 23rd, 2004, 09:57 PM
Guys, do you mind if I join this club?
Oh, and Batesy, I just have to ask. You mentioned something about K-Zone (I think you did) so I was wondering...where did ya get it?

asher_son_of_ash
June 23rd, 2004, 10:05 PM
O_o; You need to ask to join now? ^_^;;; Anyway, anyone with an interest in Harry Potter books and movies can join. No matter their like for it is small or big, they can join.

ash_misty4ever
June 24th, 2004, 06:47 AM
H&H all the way! Oh I do hope that JK will have Harry be with Hermione. I'm guessing there will be more romance in the 6th book because Cho left Harry. And, the books aren't like the movies so, There's a chance H&H will hook up!

Jesus Freak Josh
June 24th, 2004, 01:23 PM
H&H all the way! Oh I do hope that JK will have Harry be with Hermione. I'm guessing there will be more romance in the 6th book because Cho left Harry. And, the books aren't like the movies so, There's a chance H&H will hook up!
YAY!!!!
Harry and Hermione right?

ash_misty4ever
June 24th, 2004, 03:05 PM
YEP! Harry and Hermione. When they kissed at the end of the 4th book, I knew they were meant 4 eachother! So I have been an H&H supporter for a long time!

Mari
June 24th, 2004, 03:24 PM
I guess I'm a bit different from you guys. I kinda like HPxHGxRW. I just think it's so cute that two people fights for someone's affection (I'm crazy, I know). Or even 'Mione and Draco, I also like love-hate relationships.

Again, I know...I'm crazy!

ash_misty4ever
June 24th, 2004, 03:50 PM
I too like the "love triangle" But I'm an H&H fan more than an H&H&R fan! The only thing I like about the "triangle" is that they go back and forth, wanting to be with Hermione.

Harry was the only one who liked Hermione at the beginning, Ron made fun of her!

Jesus Freak Josh
June 24th, 2004, 09:58 PM
Hermione all the way!
*Gets Rocket Launcher* No one near Emma Watson!

Phoenix Boy
June 25th, 2004, 11:10 AM
Have you noticed that Hermione is in kinda of a tough spot with the boys.....

~*Silent Tattsu*~
June 25th, 2004, 02:04 PM
I too like the "love triangle" But I'm an H&H fan more than an H&H&R fan! The only thing I like about the "triangle" is that they go back and forth, wanting to be with Hermione.

Harry was the only one who liked Hermione at the beginning, Ron made fun of her!

Oh dear.... raving H/Hr fans on the run... :paranoid: *Runs*

Sigh...how to i get you H/Hr supporters to understand that it won't happen?
I mean its right in front of your eyes... J.K Rowling said plainly out loud at a huge interview that Harry and Hermione had a completely mutual relationship.

If you don't belive me yet, read this evidence page -
http://www.ronandhermione.org/wnl/index.php?x=couple/quotesjkr.php

And here, this was Chris Columbus, the old Director of the two first HP films being interviewed -

"It is foreshadowing, yeah. I just love the idea that the two of them, that there's an impending crush. And it's such a real thing for kids at that age. For instance, I asked Emma to hug Dan, and she said, 'No way,' and that was the day she was the most nervous being on the set. She was like, 'I am not going to hug him, no I'm not.' And I said, 'You've been petrified, this is one of your best friends, if not your best friend, you have to hug him,' I said, 'but you won't hug Ron, because that's where the tension is." - Chris Columbus (on being asked at TLC if the handshake between Hr/R was foreshadow of romance)

I'm sorry H/hr fans, but its honestly not going to happen. Even Dan, Rupert and Emma who play Harry Ron and Hermione have agreed that Ron and Hermione are going to get together in the end.

If you want even more proof click here to watch the actual interview -
http://www.sugarquill.net/goodshiprh/goodshipclip.mov

And reffering to your post Ash_misty4ever, you have to realise that Ron and Herm have a relationship simular to that of Ash and Misty. Its simple, its a Hate=Love relationship. Misty was pretty harsh on Ash when they first met, and continued it for quite awhile. Making fun of the person you have feelings for is a way of hiding it. They won't admit it, so their feelings come out in the oppisite way.

Anyhoo, i guess i can't stop you supporting what you want ^^;
Just a lil rant from a R/Hr shipper, sorry for going on like that.

Jesus Freak Josh
June 25th, 2004, 02:05 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*Kills Chris, Rupert and Ron*

ScArLetSkye
June 25th, 2004, 02:22 PM
Ron and Hermione= Yes.
Well, I mean, in the thrid movie- You saw it, didn't you? There was a bit of obvious R/Hr fluff in it. ^^

I also like the supposed love triangles between the three... But, I support RonxHermione more.

Jesus Freak Josh
June 25th, 2004, 02:24 PM
Scarlet how could you do this to me? I used to think you were cool!

ScArLetSkye
June 25th, 2004, 02:32 PM
;_; What?
Okay, okay, to tell the truth, I can't decide between the couples...
Ron and Hermione look cute together, as do Harry and-
What? I'm just saying...
[Cries, and hides]
Eh, sorry, didn't mean to offend you...

asher_son_of_ash
June 25th, 2004, 10:09 PM
... >.> Okay ... anyway. So how do you people think the HP series might end?

^_^;;; I made this theory up in January: According to Dumbledore, he said that Harry Potter was the one and only to defeat Voldemort. So, Harry goes up in some battle ground late in book seven. Harry and Voldemort become the eye of attention as Harry dodges, Voldemort attacks, and Harry jumps up and uses a spell. But one thing is, I don't know if Voldemort would use "wandless magic" or not. If not, then he would use another source. The other source, however, might break up and kill Harry and Voldemort in the proccess of exploding. Everyone looks and they see nothing but ... dead bodies. Then things go all like what happened in Harry's past. When his mom came up and protected him from Voldemort. Love saved Harry. Love of the ghosts, his friends, family. o_O; The End.

Jesus Freak Josh
June 25th, 2004, 10:40 PM
That's sad! :(
Then Harry and Hermione can't get married...
I noticed a mistake in HP! In book 3, it said that Cedric was in 5th grade, then in book 4, he is in 7th!

ScArLetSkye
June 25th, 2004, 10:52 PM
OO; Odd, isn't it?...
I'll have to check over it again later (It is 1:51 am here) today... (It feels weird saying that, since I usally don't stay up this late. X3)

Gyaradical
June 25th, 2004, 11:00 PM
Ehh ... I'm joining. ^_^; Anywho, I think I can make a banner here sometim july. So ... am I welcome? O_o;

Sankari
June 26th, 2004, 09:16 AM
What!? There's a Harry Potter club and I never even found it!? LET ME IN!

~*Silent Tattsu*~
June 26th, 2004, 09:50 AM
Sure you can join Gyaradical & SPon11! Welcome to this awesome Club ;)

I noticed a mistake in HP! In book 3, it said that Cedric was in 5th grade, then in book 4, he is in 7th!

Wow... o.o; I never even noticed that Batesy! *sweatdrops* I'll have to check myself. Thats quite a big mistake isn't it? Cedric suddenly skipped two years :P

Oh! And i forgot, on the subject of shipping... i also support Harry x Ginny (Or in the short version H/G) Now Batesy will be sure to kill me :p *Runs*
J.K Rowling has also hinted towards them getting together in the end.
I remeber reading something about a interview - it when like this, if i remember:

Fan: Do you think Harry will ever notice poor rejected Ginny?
J.K: You'll see.....*There's a pause*

Okay, so its not the best proof but it still has some meaning ^~

Sankari
June 26th, 2004, 10:09 AM
You know what? Someone said that I could be the next J.K. Rowling! I actually believe them...I read a good couple of biographies on her and she's almost exactly like me...she even wore glasses! The only difference in us is that she lives in Britain and her name isn't Haley...

~*Silent Tattsu*~
June 27th, 2004, 11:27 AM
Oh, i'd love to be such a good Author as J.K ^////^
She's gifted ;)

So! *Stops my Minute Owl, Silver from flying round my head* Anybody got a topic?
I'm really in a HP mood!

Fox_Die
June 27th, 2004, 11:32 AM
Oh, i'd love to be such a good Author as J.K ^////^
She's gifted ;)

So! *Stops my Minute Owl, Silver from flying round my head* Anybody got a topic?
I'm really in a HP mood!

W O W, I didn't even know there was a Harry Potter fan club here, could I join?

ScArLetSkye
June 27th, 2004, 11:32 AM
Well.... I'm trying to get a record for seeing HP 3?
As in, going to see HP3 again today... XD

Skye
June 27th, 2004, 11:38 AM
Ron and Hermione= Yes.
Well, I mean, in the thrid movie- You saw it, didn't you? There was a bit of obvious R/Hr fluff in it. ^^

I also like the supposed love triangles between the three... But, I support RonxHermione more.

I'd have to agree that there was a lot of R?Hr stuff in movie three, but there was a lot going H/Hr too! (When they went back in time, etc.) I think the director was trying to please both classes of shippers myself.

(And thanks to you all who complimented my earlier post about the shippings. :))

~*Silent Tattsu*~
June 27th, 2004, 12:38 PM
W O W, I didn't even know there was a Harry Potter fan club here, could I join?

*Opens magical Door to Lt. Surge* Course you can join Lt.! Welcome! ;)

Oh, i have a topic guys =D Well, i was wondering on peoples thoughts of Poa. I saw it the second day of its release (Couldn't get tickets for the first day x.x) and i have to admit, i was pretty dissapointed with it ;_;
***** Warning Poa Spoilers Ahead *****

Okay, so i can't complain too much, but what are your thoughts? What bit were you most upset about not being included? The Hogwarts Quidditch Cup match, the story behind the Marauders Map not being included, ect.
I'd love to see what you guys thought of it. I'll rant later ;)

Oh, i filled out the survey on poa at Mugglenet - http://www.mugglenet.com/poathoughts.php

Fox_Die
June 27th, 2004, 12:41 PM
I liked it where Hermanie slaps Malfoy

lolz

Yeah, The quiditch match would have been good,

Skye
June 27th, 2004, 12:46 PM
I was disappointed that Harry didn't see the Grim more, like he did in the book. Alas, the films will probably never live up to the books. I think the only reason I go to see them is because I like to see some of the stuff from the book acted out. It just helps bring the book out more, flushing out the details and so on.

Also, wasn't book three when Harry learns about his father and how he treated Snape? I can't remember....read all the books last summer.

Fox_Die
June 27th, 2004, 12:50 PM
Yeah, in the book he finds out that snape was almost killed by lupin, and that his father was the one who saved snape's life

Jesus Freak Josh
June 27th, 2004, 01:14 PM
Who reckons the dog looked more like a wolf! According to one of my classmates, the were wolf looks more like her dog! :D
But I suppose since it's a bit human...

I like alot of quotes in the movie.
Like the wolf cry.
Harry: What about us?
Hermione: I didn't think of that!

~*Silent Tattsu*~
June 29th, 2004, 02:42 AM
I was disappointed that Harry didn't see the Grim more, like he did in the book. Alas, the films will probably never live up to the books.
*Sigh* Although i hate to admit it, i have to agree with you Skye.
I would have loved the Films to be able to live up to the Books, but that is just not possible, J.K's works are too deep and detailed. You could never put the magic into the movies like you can in the Books. Not that the Movies are that bad, they have done a great job on them really =D

What i can't stand is the fact that they have to cut so much out of the movie, i was really dissapointed that some of my favourite bits weren't included. They only include the big important bits of the story, the smaller details are removed.

Well heres my review on the Movie -

- My god, Lupin a BALD Werewolf! I don't mean to sound as if i expected Lupin to change into a beautiful, noble Wolf...but at least something with hair! In Ootp isn't it mentioned that one identifying sign of a werewolf is a tufted tail? How can it have a tufted tail if it's BALD?! O_O

- It could've been longer. I mean, POA is a longer book than the first two, and yet they're longer movies. I wouldn't have minded an extra half an hour in the theatre, and we would've been able to see some scenes from the book that weren't in there. If you can read the books, which are very long and detailed, you can sit through a 3 hour movie. ><

- Please, don't tell me i'm the only one who wanted to strut into the movie and rip that horrible, ugly mustache off of Lupin! Anyone else?

- No Cedric Diggory, Cho Chang, Oliver Wood, Peeves or Sir Cadogan.. (I loved Cadogan, he was hilarious) I didn't even notice them!

- No Hogwarts Quidditch Cup.....no Harry winning it for them...no awkward but funny moment on the pitch between Harry and Cho...i mean how could they remove the Cup match?! It was one of my favourite parts!

- No explanation of Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs! No explenation on the story behind the Marauder's Map! I LOVED that part.

- I found the Shrieking Shack scene rather silly and corny IMO. I never remember Sirius and Lupin going biserk and Harry mistaking them for saying that they'd kill Harry, not Wormtail together. It was all so hysterical, and Lupin was calm and collected in the book, he did'nt act like a raving lunatic in that scene.

- The freeze frame ending and the whole fact that Harry GOT the Firebolt at the end bugged me slightly, i mean he recived the Firebolt in the middle of the book, i can't belive they put the scene at the end.

- Hermione was slightly out of character. I mean, no big bushy brown Hair, no bossyness, no ranting about Homework. She didn't act 100% right IMO.

- Ron, having his most famous (And might i add, the best one he had in the movie) line in Poa, in the Shrieking Shack scene, when he stands up bravely with his broken leg and says 'If you want to kill Harry, you'll have to kill us too'
I don't understand why Hermione had to have that line ><

- I was dissapointed that the whole story behind Lupin, his calm and kind personality and the great lessons he made for the students was rushed. But i guess they just couldn't fit it all in :/
------------------------
Now here's the positive side ^^; -

- The Ron/Hermione hints, i was very happy with them ;) *Squee* <3

- Buckbeak looked BRILLIANT. I imagined him alot like that, he was beautifully animated and i was really satisfied.

- Dan, Emma and Rupert have really improved as actors. They are getting much better. Dan was awesome, he's really getting into Harry's character. Rejoice!

- It really was a much darker film, and i was really happy about it, because it had that real HP feeling, because HP is not a light hearted book, it is dark and gory at times. But that's a good thing *Grins*

- Gary Oldman was very good as Sirius! He can really play his role, and he looks just like him.

- The Dementors were satisfyingly scary and they lived up to their description. I have to admit that even though i knew Harry and the group would be okay, i was still slightly scared.

- The Time Turner sequence was done very well.

- Sirius in is Animagus Dog form was awesome. He was scary as he was meant to be before Harry knew that it was Sirius, but he looked handsome in a way. I guess i love Wolf like Dogs ^.~

- Hermione punching Malfoy, he deserved it. And i loved his expression, the little wimp. It was good they kept that scene, because it really shows that Hermione can kick butt.

Jesus Freak Josh
June 29th, 2004, 02:50 AM
Well they did put in a few amusing bits like the Wolf Cry.
And also, time travel fitted in in the movie while in the book it didn't.

Phoenix Boy
June 30th, 2004, 10:04 AM
*Sigh* Although i hate to admit it, i have to agree with you Skye.
I would have loved the Films to be able to live up to the Books, but that is just not possible, J.K's works are too deep and detailed. You could never put the magic into the movies like you can in the Books. Not that the Movies are that bad, they have done a great job on them really =D

What i can't stand is the fact that they have to cut so much out of the movie, i was really dissapointed that some of my favourite bits weren't included. They only include the big important bits of the story, the smaller details are removed.

Well heres my review on the Movie -

- My god, Lupin a BALD Werewolf! I don't mean to sound as if i expected Lupin to change into a beautiful, noble Wolf...but at least something with hair! In Ootp isn't it mentioned that one identifying sign of a werewolf is a tufted tail? How can it have a tufted tail if it's BALD?! O_O

- It could've been longer. I mean, POA is a longer book than the first two, and yet they're longer movies. I wouldn't have minded an extra half an hour in the theatre, and we would've been able to see some scenes from the book that weren't in there. If you can read the books, which are very long and detailed, you can sit through a 3 hour movie. ><

- Please, don't tell me i'm the only one who wanted to strut into the movie and rip that horrible, ugly mustache off of Lupin! Anyone else?

- No Cedric Diggory, Cho Chang, Oliver Wood, Peeves or Sir Cadogan.. (I loved Cadogan, he was hilarious) I didn't even notice them!

- No Hogwarts Quidditch Cup.....no Harry winning it for them...no awkward but funny moment on the pitch between Harry and Cho...i mean how could they remove the Cup match?! It was one of my favourite parts!

- No explanation of Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs! No explenation on the story behind the Marauder's Map! I LOVED that part.

- I found the Shrieking Shack scene rather silly and corny IMO. I never remember Sirius and Lupin going biserk and Harry mistaking them for saying that they'd kill Harry, not Wormtail together. It was all so hysterical, and Lupin was calm and collected in the book, he did'nt act like a raving lunatic in that scene.

- The freeze frame ending and the whole fact that Harry GOT the Firebolt at the end bugged me slightly, i mean he recived the Firebolt in the middle of the book, i can't belive they put the scene at the end.

- Hermione was slightly out of character. I mean, no big bushy brown Hair, no bossyness, no ranting about Homework. She didn't act 100% right IMO.

- Ron, having his most famous (And might i add, the best one he had in the movie) line in Poa, in the Shrieking Shack scene, when he stands up bravely with his broken leg and says 'If you want to kill Harry, you'll have to kill us too'
I don't understand why Hermione had to have that line ><

- I was dissapointed that the whole story behind Lupin, his calm and kind personality and the great lessons he made for the students was rushed. But i guess they just couldn't fit it all in :/

Well Tatt lots of the charecters you metioned are i the 4th book.

and that iff you gonna kill harry stuff herminie hugged harry from behind it was could look kind if sick if ron did it
and he did have a broken leg as was in the shock about scabbers

Skye
June 30th, 2004, 05:37 PM
Tatt, you've got some really good points, and I agree completely! I was really disappointed about the Quiddich Cup thing. Perhaps they'll stick it in the fourth movie somehow? I mean...how else is Cho going to be introduced? And Celdric, and all the other characters that weren't mentioned.

Somehow, I pictured Sirius as...taller maybe? Maybe he'll look a little better in the fourth movie, when he shaves off his beard and gets a haircut! ^^ Lupin...he looked a little young if you ask me. I dunno...

I thought the third book explained how Harry's dad was mean to Snape? Or was that book four? If it was in the third one...I'm thoroughly disappointed...I mean, that's a really important part!

I also enjoyed how the film was darker than the first two. I think the first two were fine, though, in terms of how dark they were. I meant the kids were 11 and 12 hardly the right age for "dark happenings."

I did enjoy it though. It's always nice to get a clear picture of what everything looks like. I was also excited to see a lot of stuff shot outside. I found the first two films to be a little claustrophobic, as most of the stuff was in the school. It was neat to see many of the scenes shot in the woods.

Okay...that's enough for now! I'm sure you are all tired of hearing me rant!

Zeo
July 1st, 2004, 12:32 AM
I'm not much of a Fan, but when I saw the Movie with the Divination Teachers prediction...god that was creepy. less Satanic than I was hoping for. but they did a good job on the creepyness.

also I don't think the Movie had the same 'feel' of the previous 2. alot of the scenes made it look like a bunch of dirty film making muggles made a whole new set! **** Muggles.

asher_son_of_ash
July 1st, 2004, 05:31 AM
Movie three wasn't quite what I expected. It was horrifying. o.o; But book 3 was still cool.

Delirium
July 1st, 2004, 09:36 AM
You can't compare the third movie and the third book. The book is much, much, much better. The Prisioner of Azkaban is by far one of JK Rowling's best works. The ending is perfect! I mean when you're reading the book, you just can't imagine what's gonna happen next. In the Shrieking Shack chapters, I was so anxious to know what was going on that I turned to the next page just to read a phrase or something and then turned back to where I was reading. Insane suspense! All this atmosphere, however, was lost in the movie because they cut all good dialogues! I have to say I hated the movie for that. Shrieking Shack scene = many chapters in the book = around 5 minutes in the movie. Unforgivable... Lupin looked silly and the werewolf... omg, no comments on that. >.< horrible!

Not to say the actors did a very poor work. Harry/Hermione trying to be sad/crying were ridiculous! I started to laught cause they weren't convincing anyone at all!

Buckbeak was perfect, though! ^_^ the only good thing in the movie.

Skye
July 1st, 2004, 12:52 PM
I'd have to say that the crying scene during Buckbeak's "beheading" wasn't convincing at all.

However, I thought the werewolf was terribly clever. I believe it is based on the Irish version of the werewolf...forgot where I heard that, but...yeah. I mean, JKR takes a rapid spin away from what is stereotypical to us as magical creatures, so I thought the werewolf was actually pretty neat. I expected Lupin's human form to be a little more...hairy I guess. I dunno.

But yeah, the movie wasn't terrible. They had to cut out a lot to make it run on time, and while I would have appreciated a longer more epic film, I understand their reasons for making it not so. I heard the fourth film is supposed to be in two two hour installments though, which should be good.

For me, the films aren't about including everything. They're for getting a clearer picture of what happens in the books.

Jesus Freak Josh
July 1st, 2004, 01:31 PM
Well the 4th is in two parts!
So we'll have to sit tight!

Mew13
July 1st, 2004, 03:57 PM
OMG!! I have just learned the title of the 6th Harry Potter Book!!

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince!!

I have heard nothing on length of release date... but the title was confirmed by two different sources!!!

Skye
July 1st, 2004, 05:23 PM

I have heard nothing on length of release date... but the title was confirmed by two different sources!!!

Right on! I heard something about that too! I'm so excited!

Jesus Freak Josh
July 1st, 2004, 09:50 PM

My brother told me that! :)
Apparantly, the 2nd book has hints in it about the new one!

Mew13
July 2nd, 2004, 04:30 PM
Really? *Dashes to room to read 2nd book* NO ONE IS TO INTERUPT ME UNTIL I HAVE FOUND THESE CLUES!!! (ehehehe)

Jesus Freak Josh
July 2nd, 2004, 04:34 PM
Speaking of Harry Potter, I made a new forum! PM me for the link!

asher_son_of_ash
July 2nd, 2004, 11:43 PM
O.o; Does anyone think the Half-blood Prince might be Voldemort? He's the only half-blood with a well-known record in the books. Could it be that Voldemort might be in a younger form? x_X

Skye
July 3rd, 2004, 07:20 AM
JKR said that it is not Voldermort at all. Maybe he has a son...?

Jesus Freak Josh
July 3rd, 2004, 01:11 PM
Maybe but if he doesn't have a wife, the story might become a bit naughty!

OOT: Skye that avatar is weirding me out!

Sankari
July 4th, 2004, 09:49 AM
Whahoo! I've seen the Harry Potter 3 movie 3 times! June 10, June 25, and June 26! I think I going to see it again with my mom. She's mad because I haven't seen it with her yet and Azkaban is her favorite book.

Skye
July 4th, 2004, 01:39 PM
Maybe but if he doesn't have a wife, the story might become a bit naughty!

OOT: Skye that avatar is weirding me out!

LOL...the avatar was a dare, but my sentence is up and I am now free!!

Cute_Pikachu
July 4th, 2004, 04:49 PM
I think I'm a little too late, but can I join the Harry Potter Club?!^_^

asher_son_of_ash
July 4th, 2004, 11:56 PM
Sure. Anyone can join, Cute_Pikachu! And happy birthday, Batesy!

=P And anyways, I think we'll be getting a new character or someone in the books not often mentioned. =P