PDA

View Full Version : Do you like Pikachu?

-Sonic~Boom-
August 19th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Say what you think about the yellow mouse.

WarHawk
August 19th, 2007, 01:48 PM
I think this belongs in Pokemon General.
Anyways i like it it.It's so cute.
Here's a picture of it

http://img.qj.net/uploads/articles_module2/77495/Pikachu_qjpreviewth.jpg

Sweet Candace
August 19th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Not to mini-mod here, but there is a club where you can talk about Pikachu (and Pachirisu, too !)

The Pikachu and Pachirisu Fan Club ! (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=83062) (created by - Flavaquil -)

GrayLuna
August 19th, 2007, 03:00 PM
i think hes alright i don't completely love him but i don't hate him neither and its is cute so i cant hate him =)

Anti
August 19th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Ash needs to pick a new pokemon. Pikachu, it's okay I guess. Raichu is better!

GrayLuna
August 19th, 2007, 03:29 PM

but it just wouldn't be the same it would be like trading your best friend for another one

AztecSunshine
August 19th, 2007, 03:34 PM
oh god, it's the ugly yellow mouse from hell! i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate! if there is one pokemon that i wish it was not made, it well be hell mouse >:O

The Fallen
August 19th, 2007, 03:44 PM
I think Pikachu is majorly overrated. I think people grow and it and claim it to be their favorite pokemon simply because the main protagonist of the show picked it in the first episode and has been around ever since.

Also, it is made to be more powerful that it really is. Like when Ash was in the Orange Islands League and Pikachu took down a Dragonite. Now if it were realistic, that would never happen.

I down necessarily dislike Pikachu, I just think it is terribly overrated.

♥~*Abby*~♥
August 19th, 2007, 03:58 PM
no... DIE PIKACHU DIE! DIE PIKACHU DIE! I HATE U! SCREW PIKACHU! EVOLVE NOW OR DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *points gun to Pikachu's head* DIE YOU STUPID YELLOW RAT DIE!!!!!!!!

Crystal Clair
August 19th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Not to mini-mod here, but there is a club where you can talk about Pikachu (and Pachirisu, too !)
This is a thread asking people's opinions of a Pokemon, not one talking about it. Besides with clubs, there cant be any negative posts.

As for me, after becoming in love with Pichu, Plusle and Minun, Pikachu is just not too cute anymore.

Pikachu is embarrassing, very 1st generation, and only looks decent in DP when the animation makes it look lighter
And it's a merchandise hog. When we could be finding t-shirts with MukuGOD on them, we find tshirts with the cliche yellow rat
MukuGOD>Pikachu

Apathetic_Yen
August 19th, 2007, 08:55 PM
I hate him. Unless it's my Pikachu though, because I would make him cool, and he would eventually evolve into a Raichu. I wouldn't spend my time making love with it and actually train it instead.

Shiraishi
August 19th, 2007, 09:03 PM
..Maybe, Pikachu was walkin around one day and found a light ball. he doesn't have any pockets so he shoved it up his....

Well that would explain Ash's maniac pikachu. Gotta love light ball.

Tr@ce
August 19th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Well, to tell you the truth, I'm sick of seeing Pikachu in every one of the episodes. If you ask me, he should get another main Pokemon, or at least one to accompany Pikachu.

Houndour2005
August 20th, 2007, 12:45 AM
I'm still in love with Pikachu.

Spinda
August 20th, 2007, 01:40 AM
Hate, hate, hate.

I'll explain.
About 8 years ago they used to sell these little Pokeballs with figures in them. Our mum used to buy them for us and we got to pick one. Every single time I always had a Pikachu!
So by the end of it, while my sisters had Bulbasaurs and Charmeleons, I was stuck with six ugly looking Pikachus.

Another reason. He's in every almost single episode! I loved the oldie episodes, but now that yellow rodent is annoying me. It leaves lack of creativity on Team Rockets schemes which just makes the show in all very laborious.

We now take the micky out of Pikachu by imagining what it sound like with a german accent. Sorry Pikachu lovers, I just hate it. Simple.

Leon K. Fox
August 20th, 2007, 02:02 AM
I love 'em ^^ I dunno how anyone could hate 'em, he's a classic Pokemon from the old days in the Kanto Reigon, one of the most noteable and...yeah.

Sweet Candace
August 20th, 2007, 04:44 AM
You know, if Pikachu gets removed, the show is done like dinner, so everyone who said you hate him, I wonder what would happen if you could never watch the anime. Personally, I like Pikachu, but I think he deserves a new owner. Ash is just so klutsy, and makes so many mistakes. You wouldn't except a Trainer like Ash to make those types of mistakes. Maybe from a rookie just starting out, but a Trainer like Ash

Shiraishi
August 20th, 2007, 05:07 AM
Satoshi isn't clumsy, hes rash. Like if pikachu fell off a cliff he would actually dive to try save pikachu and probably end up killing them both instead of just pikachu.

Nuke
August 20th, 2007, 05:09 AM
I'd like him alot but sadly I get annoyed how they always to try to make Pikachu the popular and everyone goes with it.

Raichu rules over it. :D

Leon K. Fox
August 20th, 2007, 05:17 AM
Satoshi isn't clumsy, hes rash. Like if pikachu fell off a cliff he would actually dive to try save pikachu and probably end up killing them both instead of just pikachu.

Yeah, that's how I see it. Besides, I like Ash...

Nuke
August 20th, 2007, 05:20 AM
You know, if Pikachu gets removed, the show is done like dinner, so everyone who said you hate him, I wonder what would happen if you could never watch the anime. Personally, I like Pikachu, but I think he deserves a new owner. Ash is just so klutsy, and makes so many mistakes. You wouldn't except a Trainer like Ash to make those types of mistakes. Maybe from a rookie just starting out, but a Trainer like Ash

I cant watch the anime anyway.

Its only cartoon network or them over channels like that which I dont have. :(

Kyaru-san
August 20th, 2007, 05:40 AM
well O like the yellow mouse my opinions is because he make pokemon worth to watch back in the day; Kanto-Johto. And I like how pikachu can be clever and smarter than Ash (scratch that he is smarter than Ash). Well it's easy to say this b'cuz I am an electric pokemon fan and pika-well no Raichu is my no.1 Pikachu is my 2nd favorite. But I really Ash need to give Pikachu a break because I know Pikachu is tired of adventure and fighting and majority of time he'll lose and get capture by Team Rocket who need a life and a brain to see why they still tryin to catch him and you can just go to a wood and find one.........Wow um so I picked I love it.
I love it but he need a break and like Aeon said it's too overrated

Me2UJus4Free
August 20th, 2007, 07:10 AM
Also, it is made to be more powerful that it really is. Like when Ash was in the Orange Islands League and Pikachu took down a Dragonite. Now if it were realistic, that would never happen.

I defeated a Dragonite with my Pikachu. =P

I feel neutral about Pikachu.

ピクシー
August 20th, 2007, 08:17 AM
I don't really like Pikachu, let's replace Pikachu with Cleffa. Cleffa ftw.

But yea, he was cute to begin with but now I think he is annoying.

BassFace
August 20th, 2007, 11:14 AM
I don't mind training a Pikachu in the games. I am training one in my Fire Red game, and it's now a Level 50-something Raichu. Also, in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, I have a Pikachu as my partner.

Now Ash's Pikachu is a different story. Maybe it's because of Ash (note: I am not an Ash fan...), maybe it's because Pikachu is so darn popular, but Ash's Pikachu really ticks me off sometimes. I agree with everyone who stated that Pikachu was great back in the old Kanto days... I loved those old shows, and I didn't even mind Ash's Pikachu that much. But now that Pikachu's been kicking around for several seasons, he's getting a bit... how do I say it... old. I'm kind of tired of seeing him.

So basically, I like Pikachu, but I don't really like Ash's Pikachu (or Ash, for that matter... no offense to Ash fans).

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 22nd, 2007, 01:37 PM
I really don't like Pikachu because its so annoying at times. Its everywhere

:t354:TG

innuendo
August 22nd, 2007, 03:02 PM
I don't like him.
I chose 3 option.

J.M.
August 22nd, 2007, 03:58 PM
I think he's alright... not my favourite Pokemon but certainly not the worst

Besides, it would be hard to imagine the TV show without him

QuizMaster
August 22nd, 2007, 04:39 PM
Pikachu is just the cutest little Pokemon. Many he is a little cliched by now, but so what? He's also very loyal and brave.

J-Rad
August 22nd, 2007, 04:55 PM
I don't really like pikachu. It is a lot better as raichu and I hate how in yellow u couldn't evolve it.

Sweet Candace
August 22nd, 2007, 05:19 PM
Some people are just jealous that Pikachu's one of the main fixtures in the anime IMO

Shiraishi
August 22nd, 2007, 06:11 PM
Some people are just jealous that Pikachu's one of the main fixtures in the anime IMO

Thats because people want a more bad-arse pokemon as the "main character" I mean personally like it if Satoshi got a Salamence :x

Sweet Candace
August 23rd, 2007, 06:30 AM
Thats because people want a more bad-arse pokemon as the "main character" I mean personally like it if Satoshi got a Salamence :x

That would seriously mess up the anime, if Pikachu didn't exist, the anime wouldn't exist, cakekun, I don't care about Salamnece, beacuse Ash doesn't deserve one

PoisonOwnzYou
August 23rd, 2007, 06:53 AM
OK..the anime makes Ash look like a total idiot.

1.He's had 3 chances to let Pikachu evolve, and he doesn't, because a little yellow rat told him not to.

2.There is a reason why on 2 occasions, a Raichu overcame Pikachu..BECAUSE RAICHU IS A BETTER POKEMON!

Shiraishi
August 23rd, 2007, 07:00 AM
The anime could exist. They kill off this story after sinnoh and make a new more mature with a plot(by they I mean nintendo)Will they make money? HELL YES.

Sweet Candace
August 23rd, 2007, 07:05 AM
OK..the anime makes Ash look like a total idiot.

1.He's had 3 chances to let Pikachu evolve, and he doesn't, because a little yellow rat told him not to.

2.There is a reason why on 2 occasions, a Raichu overcame Pikachu..BECAUSE RAICHU IS A BETTER POKEMON!

Not excatly, remeber, we don't know their levels
The anime could exist. They kill off this story after sinnoh and make a new more mature with a plot(by they I mean nintendo)Will they make money? HELL YES.

How about this, NO !

sims796
August 23rd, 2007, 07:15 AM
Meh, its alright, I guess. I don't like Ash's GODLY Pikachu. Can take out a Dragonite, but can't fight a measily Elekid? And how many times can he lose Pika to Team Rocket, because he can't see though their stupid disguises. Seriously, they aren't even trying to wear a disguise, but he can't see A TALKING MEOTH, A GUY WITH THE SAME VOICE, AND THAT DAMN LOOONG RED HAIR?!?!

♥~*Abby*~♥
August 23rd, 2007, 02:07 PM

IM UR BIGGEST FAN NOW! :D

oh god, it's the ugly yellow mouse from hell! i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate! if there is one pokemon that i wish it was not made, it well be hell mouse >:O

SAME WITH YOU! :D

..Maybe, Pikachu was walkin around one day and found a light ball. he doesn't have any pockets so he shoved it up his....

Well that would explain Ash's maniac pikachu. Gotta love light ball.

???

Well, to tell you the truth, I'm sick of seeing Pikachu in every one of the episodes. If you ask me, he should get another main Pokemon, or at least one to accompany Pikachu.

WE SHOULD B FRIENDS!

Hate, hate, hate.

I'll explain.
About 8 years ago they used to sell these little Pokeballs with figures in them. Our mum used to buy them for us and we got to pick one. Every single time I always had a Pikachu!
So by the end of it, while my sisters had Bulbasaurs and Charmeleons, I was stuck with six ugly looking Pikachus.

Another reason. He's in every almost single episode! I loved the oldie episodes, but now that yellow rodent is annoying me. It leaves lack of creativity on Team Rockets schemes which just makes the show in all very laborious.

We now take the micky out of Pikachu by imagining what it sound like with a german accent. Sorry Pikachu lovers, I just hate it. Simple.

yay. (german accent, FUNNY! i like pple w/ german accents! yeh, thats rite, im talkin 2 u ben and max! (twins in my math class w/ german acccents!) :)

I love 'em ^^ I dunno how anyone could hate 'em, he's a classic Pokemon from the old days in the Kanto Reigon, one of the most noteable and...yeah.

please tell me u didn't mean that! > (

the ash part is good, but pikachu made me hate him, and ALMOST made me stop watching the animes. and 2 answer ur question, his pikachu evolving would NESSISARLY b the end of the anime, ya no. i think they should make a seperate anime were the main charactor is a girl and starts out w/ eevee or clefairy. ne1 agree w/ me?

IM THE QUOTE MASTER! peace out, dawgs! <3

Rainfall
August 23rd, 2007, 02:09 PM
He's okay, I guess...Raichu is better, in my opinion.

Omerta
August 23rd, 2007, 03:11 PM
It's alright, not my fav, but it's ok.

The Overlord
August 23rd, 2007, 06:21 PM
Although I don't specifically Hate any Pokemon, Pikachu is on the least likeable with Luvdisc.x3

Akon
August 23rd, 2007, 08:36 PM
pikachus cool man. hands down.

I think he's alright... not my favourite Pokemon but certainly not the worst

Besides, it would be hard to imagine the TV show without him

yeah i know, life of the partay if ya know what i mean.

♥~*Abby*~♥
August 24th, 2007, 01:11 PM
He's okay, I guess...Raichu is better, in my opinion.

can we b friends? u like raichu more than pikachu, and u were 1 of the few who gave me sympathy when i told my suicide story. neways, besides the point...

I HATE PIKACHU!!! :badsmile:

Sweet Candace
August 24th, 2007, 01:31 PM
How would Pikachu react to being with a Trainer like:

Brock ?
Dawn ?
May ?
Max ?

Please answer this question, beacuse Ash doesn't deserve Pikachu !

♥~*Abby*~♥
August 24th, 2007, 01:44 PM
mayb max should have him as his 1st pokemon. then, pikachu can evolve.

LYKE, MAJOR YAY!

Sweet Candace
August 24th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Probably Pika won't let Max evolve it, and he'll keep Pika the same. The same result will happen if Pikachu was Brock's, Dawn's or May's. Pikachu doesn't want to evovle beacuse it wants to prove a Pikachu can be a very powerful Pokemon !

♥~*Abby*~♥
August 24th, 2007, 02:25 PM
and then, when it relized it just cant prove that, itll evolve, and me and lt. surge (<3) will have a party! :D

Scarlet Weather
August 24th, 2007, 02:51 PM
the ash part is good, but pikachu made me hate him, and ALMOST made me stop watching the animes. and 2 answer ur question, his pikachu evolving would NESSISARLY b the end of the anime, ya no. i think they should make a seperate anime were the main charactor is a girl and starts out w/ eevee or clefairy. ne1 agree w/ me?

IM THE QUOTE MASTER! peace out, dawgs! <3

No, you aren't. The Quote Master is somebody much older then you are who reviews fanfics on occasion. You aren't worthy to learn his name. *Snerk*

Yes, Raichuchika, we have established the fact that you hate Pikachu. *sighs* Really, people, do you have to bad-mouth him just because you don't like him?

Pikachu evolving wouldn't necessarily end the anime, but it would be a major blow to it. If Pikachu, somebody who is just as much a main character as Ash is, were to be cut out of the show at this point it would change the entire direction of the series and the themes it embodies. The anime would no longer be "Pokemon" as we know it now. I say that if we're going to do that, let's just make a spin-off series with a completely different main character and end it there. Ash and Pikachu are going to be around for a while, and like it or not, there's nothing we can do about it.

Dawnfanboy, I take it that you're one of those people who rants at Ash for the reason that you think he's some sort of idiot. He isn't. Ash is a stereotypic shonen hero, his main virtues being the value of friendship, courage, and a determination to win no matter what the odds. He's a stereotype, yes, but he's a time-honored one who often appears in shonen anime. (Naruto and Dragon Ball immediately spring to mind). With that in mind, there's no reason why he shouldn't "deserve" Pikachu. And Ash and Pikachu are best friends at this point. If Pikachu ended up with another character for an extended period, he'd tolerate it but given the choice he'd always return to Ash. (Let's not forget about Viridian Forest)

I'm going to say it once: I like Pikachu because to me he represents innocence, but also a determination to fight for those around him's safety. He's a strong, very vivid character and, let's face it, he's cute as the dickens.

And you all who hate him do so why? Because he's marketable? Because Raichu looks cooler? Because he won't evolve? Blame that on the writing staff, not the character! Pikachu is innocent of all wrongdoing in these circumstances. So other Pokemon are cooler. BIG DEAL. Just because you like Raichu better doesn't mean that Pikachu is automatically the antichrist.

Okay, I think I'm done ranting now.

Edit: And to all you people who've made obscene and/or offensive statements thus far in this thread which nobody really needs to be filling their minds with: Get your heads out of the gutter.

♥~*Abby*~♥
August 24th, 2007, 03:02 PM
No, you aren't. The Quote Master is somebody much older then you are who reviews fanfics on occasion. You aren't worthy to learn his name. *Snerk*

Yes, Raichuchika, we have established the fact that you hate Pikachu. *sighs* Really, people, do you have to bad-mouth him just because you don't like him?

Pikachu evolving wouldn't necessarily end the anime, but it would be a major blow to it. If Pikachu, somebody who is just as much a main character as Ash is, were to be cut out of the show at this point it would change the entire direction of the series and the themes it embodies. The anime would no longer be "Pokemon" as we know it now. I say that if we're going to do that, let's just make a spin-off series with a completely different main character and end it there. Ash and Pikachu are going to be around for a while, and like it or not, there's nothing we can do about it.

Dawnfanboy, I take it that you're one of those people who rants at Ash for the reason that you think he's some sort of idiot. He isn't. Ash is a stereotypic shonen hero, his main virtues being the value of friendship, courage, and a determination to win no matter what the odds. He's a stereotype, yes, but he's a time-honored one who often appears in shonen anime. (Naruto and Dragon Ball immediately spring to mind). With that in mind, there's no reason why he shouldn't "deserve" Pikachu. And Ash and Pikachu are best friends at this point. If Pikachu ended up with another character for an extended period, he'd tolerate it but given the choice he'd always return to Ash. (Let's not forget about Viridian Forest)

I'm going to say it once: I like Pikachu because to me he represents innocence, but also a determination to fight for those around him's safety. He's a strong, very vivid character and, let's face it, he's cute as the dickens.

And you all who hate him do so why? Because he's marketable? Because Raichu looks cooler? Because he won't evolve? Blame that on the writing staff, not the character! Pikachu is innocent of all wrongdoing in these circumstances. So other Pokemon are cooler. BIG DEAL. Just because you like Raichu better doesn't mean that Pikachu is automatically the antichrist.

Okay, I think I'm done ranting now.

Edit: And to all you people who've made obscene and/or offensive statements thus far in this thread which nobody really needs to be filling their minds with: Get your heads out of the gutter.

u make me want 2 cry. :*( neway, the answer 2 the question is still no. but u have a point art critic cubone. it is the riting pple. now i hate them 4 evur creating ash in the 1st place! but still, u make me want 2 cry.

Apathetic_Yen
August 24th, 2007, 03:10 PM

Maybe if they based the anime off the manga, it would definately be the cooliest. I mean come on, in the manga Lance destroys Vermillion with a hyper beam in front of everyone and walks off. How cool is that?!

♥~*Abby*~♥
August 24th, 2007, 03:25 PM
pretty damn cool if u ask me. but i cant go w/o saying dis.

PIKACHU STINX! RAICHU RULEZ ALL!

The Real AAA
August 24th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Pikachu is Awesome! I voted on "He's alright..." cuz I'm not that obsessed with that little pkmn but I am just a fan I guess

♥~*Abby*~♥
August 24th, 2007, 03:36 PM
tsk tsk tsk... have ur own opinion i guess.

I HATE PIKACHU! RAICHU OWNZ U! in fact, in my fire red i occiosionally go 2 the power plant armed w/ thunderstones and leave with none. this is quite an enjoyable experience 4 my charizard, flame, and me. im trying 2 get all the pikachus in the pokemon world 2 evovle. i no i never will but oh well its worth a shot.

Sweet Candace
August 24th, 2007, 03:53 PM
You can't evovle all of them, beacuse there will always be more

Kyaru-san
August 25th, 2007, 01:24 AM
Well Like I said Pikachu is too Overrated and Tiresome, well Ash's Pikachu. But If Pikachu ever thinking about evolving;
1.) That will make my day Because Raichu is My #1 favorite pokemon of the whole pokemon world
2.) At last, we can see the new impression of Team Rocket faces..
3.) FINALLY PIKACHU EVOLVED!!

Thank You

Scarlet Weather
August 25th, 2007, 04:23 AM
I know I said "I'm only going to say it once", but that was on my reasons for loving Pikachu. Raichuchika, it's ironic that I make you want to cry, because your senseless bashing of Pikachu without justification makes me want to scream. Why does Pikachu "suck"? Do you like Raichu better? Really, that doesn't mean you need to hate Pikachu. The question isn't "which is better" or "do you like Raichu", it's "Do you like Pikachu?" (And for the love of all that is crunchy and tastes good with ketchup, do yourself a favor and use some proper grammar. I can't take you seriously if you keep typing in chatspeak like you are right now.)

Come on, people, give it a rest. (Brocklee, for the record I don't want them to replace the current anime but I'd definitely enjoy a spin-off series that takes a darker tone. A Pokemon Adventures based anime would probably be quite enjoyable.)

I don't hate Pikachu for being marketable, I hate Nintendo for over-marketing him. He's not useful as a competitive Pokemon, he's not the cutest being in existence anymore, he's not even the only Pokemon that travels outside of its Pokeball at this point in the series, but he is a very interesting character, and one that I would probably stop watching the show without.

For the record? I've always evolved my in-game Pikachu, but I've never really liked Raichu all that much. I don't know why, I just think that it doesn't have as much personality as Pikachu does. And you'll notice that in order for your Raichu to be any good, you have to wait until your Pikachu finishes learning a good few of its level-up moves before evolving. *snerk'd*

Sorry people, Pikachu ain't evolving. As long as the anime airs, he will continue to be a central character. Personally, I'd rather have him then a couple of other characters who've been making appearances in the show. (Cough, MAX, cough...)

Alter Ego
August 25th, 2007, 04:59 AM
Ehh...I'm a bit mixed on Pikachu. On one hand, I absolutely loathe its deus ex machina-ness in the anime, not to mention the way every clueless N00B out there is crazy about it (Because Ash has one and he aims for the horn HOMGHOMGHOMG!! =O) and it's consequently ridiculously overrated, but on the other...Red's Pikachu in the manga is awesome. (Plus, I like its design there better. It looks cuter that way, imo. :3) So...I'm an in-between guy. The way it's brandished in connection with anything and everything even vaguely related to pokémon sickens me, but I don't have the heart to completely detest the poor thing just because the morons in marketing and on the anime writing staff chose to make it the unofficial god of pokémon. So yeah. ^^ When it comes to battles, I prefer Raichu though. :3

Scarlet Weather
August 25th, 2007, 06:22 AM
Ehh...I'm a bit mixed on Pikachu. On one hand, I absolutely loathe its deus ex machina-ness in the anime, not to mention the way every clueless N00B out there is crazy about it (Because Ash has one and he aims for the horn HOMGHOMGHOMG!! =O) and it's consequently ridiculously overrated, but on the other...Red's Pikachu in the manga is awesome. (Plus, I like its design there better. It looks cuter that way, imo. :3) So...I'm an in-between guy. The way it's brandished in connection with anything and everything even vaguely related to pokémon sickens me, but I don't have the heart to completely detest the poor thing just because the morons in marketing and on the anime writing staff chose to make it the unofficial god of pokémon. So yeah. ^^ When it comes to battles, I prefer Raichu though. :3

Blame that on Ash. He's the one pulling the Deus Ex Machina with the poor bugger. And yes, Pika is awesome, even if his nickname is generic. Finally, someone remembers that Ash isn't the only main character to use Pikachu. And not every clueless n00b is crazy about Pikachu. I know of at least one or two who hate it. I really don't understand people who say they don't like Pikachu just because it's marketable. For me, I'd say that's a plus. Sure, it doesn't mean that I'm going to be the only one liking it but I'm not out there for that. Officially, I never use any Pikachu evolutions or Pikachu itself in competitive battling. (Okay, so I had one on a joke Ash team for Netbattle once, but that isn't the point.) Why? As far as it goes, there are better choices out there for the OU metagame. I like Pikachu because he's an interesting character, and even if he's Dea Ex Machina'd that doesn't mean that his character itself is a problem. (His powers, on the other hand, are broken. And in all fairness, "Aim for the Horn" is pretty much a thing of the past.)

spam
August 25th, 2007, 06:49 AM
Pikachu can just die for all I care. Nintendo loves overmarketing the stupid, yellow........thingy. And it's really annoying that they like to come out with Pikachu wannabees in just about EVERY passing generation.

Pikachu has had his time in the spotlight for too long. Now they need to come out with a new mascot like...Wingull or Glameow. Those Pokemon deserve attention too!

Concorde
August 25th, 2007, 07:18 AM
Pikachu was my favourite pokemon when the whole pokemon-mania has started. Now I don't like him much. Of course, Pikachu is alright, but not my favourite monster anymore.

Lo-chan
August 25th, 2007, 07:26 AM
I dont like Pikachu nor do I hate it. I just think its cute xD I don't really care about it =/

Willbey
August 25th, 2007, 07:37 AM
Pikachu is ok, at least he's better than raichu...

NightonEX
August 25th, 2007, 08:21 AM
Pikachu is an annoying, weak, stupid unevolved form of one of my favorite pokemon,(my fav is Snorlax) Raichu.

SNORLAX, GROWLITHE, ARCANINE, and RAICHU FTW!!!!! EDIT:Sorry...Sharpedo before Growlithe (I loves Sharpedo.) (Thanks Art Critic Cubone)

Dead Pool Avenged
August 25th, 2007, 08:43 AM
That little grunt is annoying.

Sweet Candace
August 25th, 2007, 08:46 AM
You're all just jealous, Pikachu has a bigger spotlight in the anime than most other Pokemon, well here's something you can do--SUCK IT UP ! For pete's sake, you're cursing and saying how much you hate a character that doesn't exist ! You all make me sick...

Scarlet Weather
August 25th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Pikachu can just die for all I care. Nintendo loves overmarketing the stupid, yellow........thingy. And it's really annoying that they like to come out with Pikachu wannabees in just about EVERY passing generation.

Pikachu has had his time in the spotlight for too long. Now they need to come out with a new mascot like...Wingull or Glameow. Those Pokemon deserve attention too!

*sighs* Keep dreaming. Pikachu is too recognizable at this point for them to consider dumping him. You don't just randomly change a successful mascot for no reason. And why don't you like Pikachu? Because it's overmarketed? I mean, I can understand not liking it for personal reasons, but because it can be marketed? That's kind of sad.

You're all just jealous, Pikachu has a bigger spotlight in the anime than most other Pokemon, well here's something you can do--SUCK IT UP ! For pete's sake, you're cursing and saying how much you hate a character that doesn't exist ! You all make me sick...

Dawnfanboy, calm down. Don't sink to their level.

That little grunt is annoying.

Justification, please?

Pikachu is an annoying, weak, stupid unevolved form of one of my favorite pokemon,(my fav is Snorlax) Raichu.

Unevolved, certainly. Weak, perhaps. Annoying, I disagree. Stupid? Definitely not. (Dude, lose the huge red font. It makes it hard for me to take you seriously.)

There's no real reason I can see to hate Pikachu. I can see reasons not to love it, but that's all. By rights, a good ninety percent of the people who supposedly "hate" Pikachu should place their votes under "He's Alright" from what I've seen here. Hate is a pretty strong word to apply to the little cutie, after all. Come on, will any of you spell out the reasons you hate him? Overmarketing and use as a dea ex machina may be blamed on the writers/advertisers. Liking another Pokemon better isn't a good excuse. Anyone else? Hmm?

Sweet Candace
August 25th, 2007, 09:36 AM
No, but we need to calm down, before something bad escaltes

Chibaymega12
August 25th, 2007, 10:38 AM
i liked it alot originally, but it's gotten played out, so i just think it's "alright"

Master Exploder
August 25th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Meh. Pikachu is ok, but i don't see what makes it so much more special than most other pokemon.

spyroflameX
August 25th, 2007, 11:04 AM
I really like Pikachu, but it makes a bad impression in the anime. First of all, he should be waaaay higher than lvl. 100 now. =P

Another point is that it always loses to its super-effective opponents, and wins against its not very-effective opponents. The battle with Blaine, for example. He fights a Rhydon with Pikachu, and OHKOs it with Thunderbolt, just because he could hit it on the horn! The horn is supposed to be the lightning rod for the abilty Lightning rod!

Also, in the D/P series, when he fights that Buizel, Pikachu LOSES! It's the D/P series! Pikachu should be lvl. 500+ or something, plus it's super-effective.

Alright, that's enough said from me. xP That's my opinion. =D

Sweet Candace
August 25th, 2007, 11:18 AM
It's beacuse Buziel wanted to be with Dawn, not Ash

♥~*Abby*~♥
August 25th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Pikachu is ok, at least he's better than raichu...

PLZ TELL ME U DIDNT MEAN THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can't evovle all of them, beacuse there will always be more

i thought we were friends... FRIENDS R SUPPOSED 2 ENCOURAGE EACHOTHER!!!! however, u do have a point...

Well Like I said Pikachu is too Overrated and Tiresome, well Ash's Pikachu. But If Pikachu ever thinking about evolving;
1.) That will make my day Because Raichu is My #1 favorite pokemon of the whole pokemon world
2.) At last, we can see the new impression of Team Rocket faces..
3.) FINALLY PIKACHU EVOLVED!!

Thank You

ur my new best friend! :D (howmany times have i said that now?)

and did i mention that at my party that i posted about earlier, my and lt. surge were making out? :D

pikachu can die 4 all i care... unless he evolved.

Anti
August 25th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Wow, what a, uh...interesting...yeha! Interesting post. You sure like Raichu don't you? I don't blame you either since we've seen Ash's crappy pikachu in the anime for years. I actually like Raichu better myself.

TB Pro
August 25th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Well i could care less about pikachu Back when I was like 5 I loved pikachu but now that I figured out that I like strong pokemon i don't like him!I like Raichu tho.cause its alright.

Random
August 25th, 2007, 02:58 PM
I seen pikachu way to many times, so yeah, hes not that interesting to me.

Lone--Wanderer
August 25th, 2007, 02:58 PM
I...dislike it. The design is too simple and rather unoriginal, and the colors hurt my eyes. And it's absolutely horrible in battles. Raichu is nicer; better movepool and stats, darker colors and a rather amusing design.

Argento
August 25th, 2007, 06:39 PM
I always liked Raichu better. Pikachu is too...in your face with the way it acts. I just wish Raichu was stronger!

supermonky543
August 25th, 2007, 06:52 PM
I love pikachu, he is soooooooo cute! I'm a girl so I like most of the really cute pokemon, but pikachu is one of my favs!

Hikari318
August 26th, 2007, 03:01 AM
I think it's cute. So I like it. But I prefer Raichu =D

Gokey Shuckle
August 26th, 2007, 06:38 AM
Do I have to remind some of you guys to not be so cruel? Wishing Pikachu would die is not acceptable, as well as some of your comments. Tone it down or this thread will be locked. I am not locking it now since the question is "Do you like Pikachu?" so a positive or negative (but not harsh) response is expected.

♥~*Abby*~♥
August 26th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Wow, what a, uh...interesting...yeha! Interesting post. You sure like Raichu don't you? I don't blame you either since we've seen Ash's crappy pikachu in the anime for years. I actually like Raichu better myself.

ur kool...

correction. there is ONE pikachu i lyke. ritchies pikachu... probably cauz he is one of da best trainers evur! RITCHIE ROX! (<3) also, drew wouldnt make a bad trainer 4 pika either. DREW ROX! (<3)
and as 4 u art critic cubone...

Reasons y i lyke raichu
1. he rox...
2. he lookz kool
3. hes strong.
4. he kix ass! :D
5. i once beat a GOLEM w/ my raichu... i mean... c'mon! :3
6. i 1ce beat a level 50 pikachu w/ my level 40 raichu.
and last but not least...
7. LT. SURGE OWNZ 1!!!!!!! :D
more reasons 2 come... they go on 4ever.

reasons y i HATE pikachu.
1. hes weak...
2. hes pathetic looking.
3. the anime makes him seem strong, but he isnt.
4. hes overrated.
5. partially cauz ash ownz 1, even tho its pikachu that made me hate ash, 4 the most part...
6. i 1ce give pikachu a 2nd chance, and a level 36 pikachu got whooped by a level 28 grimer. and my pikachu had good moves and everything.
7. he is UNCOOL!
8. hes popular (i tend 2 hate a majority of popular charactors in games. same reason 4 hating piplup...)
9. whoever callz him a mouse is giving him 2 much credit. hes a RAT.
10. and many other reasons that would b technacly b inappropreate 4 children under 14 2 view, so i wont post them. :D

-Sonic~Boom-
August 26th, 2007, 12:27 PM
ur kool...

correction. there is ONE pikachu i lyke. ritchies pikachu... probably cauz he is one of da best trainers evur! RITCHIE ROX! (<3) also, drew wouldnt make a bad trainer 4 pika either. DREW ROX! (<3)
and as 4 u art critic cubone...

Reasons y i lyke raichu
1. he rox...
2. he lookz kool
3. hes strong.
4. he kix ass! :D
5. i once beat a GOLEM w/ my raichu... i mean... c'mon! :3
6. i 1ce beat a level 50 pikachu w/ my level 40 raichu.
and last but not least...
7. LT. SURGE OWNZ 1!!!!!!! :D
more reasons 2 come... they go on 4ever.

1. hes weak...
2. hes pathetic looking.
4. hes overrated.
5. partially cauz ash ownz 1, even tho its pikachu that made me hate ash, 4 the most part...
6. i 1ce give pikachu a 2nd chance, and a level 36 pikachu got whooped by a level 28 grimer. and my pikachu had good moves and everything.
7. he is UNCOOL!
8. hes popular (i tend 2 hate a majority of popular charactors in games. same reason 4 hating piplup...)
10. and many other reasons that would b technacly b inappropreate 4 children under 14 2 view, so i wont post them. :D

Thats alotttttttt of reasons... :shocked:

MV
August 26th, 2007, 12:59 PM
nah not really, weak electric mouse

spam
August 26th, 2007, 01:39 PM
I think i took my post a bit too far there. I apologise. I just hate the little yellow mouse. It's been in the spotlight for far too long and it's created tons of spinoffs that really aren't needed AT ALL!

Yeah it sells, but there are so many better Pokemon out there that should be in the spotlight.

Sweet Candace
August 26th, 2007, 01:46 PM
You people who hate Pikachu (except Raichuchika, she's my pal) are JEALOUS !

Scarlet Weather
August 26th, 2007, 02:45 PM

*sweatdrops* Dawnfanboy, let me tell you about something called "diplomacy". It's when you respect other people and then fairly argue your views in such a way that they become inclined to agree with you. Calling other people jealous really doesn't help your standpoint much. In fact, it probably hurts it. :/

Unoriginal design? Meh, I wouldn't know. Can anyone tell me anything that looks remotely like Pikachu that is not a) connected with the Pokemon franchise in some way or b) a parody of Pikachu? I'd say that his design is pretty original.

1. hes weak...
2. hes pathetic looking.
4. hes overrated.
7. he is UNCOOL!
10. and many other reasons that would b technacly b inappropreate 4 children under 14 2 view, so i wont post them.

You'll pardon me if I don't immediately begin hating Pikachu now. That really didn't convince me of anything other then the fact that you don't really grasp the art of diplomacy either. Pikachu isn't all that weak, not in comparison to some other Pokemon. (*cough*Magikarp, All caterpillar Pokemon, All cocoon Pokemon, Combee*cough*) Especially not with a light ball boost. (You can seriously wipe out a level one hundred Groudon without EVs using an EV-trained Pikachu with a light ball and either Hidden Power (grass) or surf. I wiped out some n00b's team on Netbattle with one, so I know this for a fact. 0_o) I'd never reccomend Pikachu as a competitive Pokemon, however. Pikachu is, however, the first of the massive "Pikachu-look-alike" line that Nintendo has come out with, and as I've stated it is my favorite character in the anime. (He's also the only Pokemon who generates this much controversy within the fandom.) Pikachu isn't pathetic looking. I mean, Raichu's design ain't all that great either. As I've said, if you don't like Pikachu being so powerful in the anime, take it up with the writing staff. Pikachu is not to blame here. It's a made-up monster, for heaven's sakes, how can it be Pikachu's fault? Define "Overrated". Define "Uncool". I can understand not liking something because multiple people are into it, but you don't have to be lone wolf. Raichuchika, post that moveset here and tell me what happened with that Grimer, because you give me serious reason to wonder whether your statement about "Good moves and everything" is to be trusted. Pikachu is not a rat. Rattata is a rat. Either way, I happen to like domesticated rats better then mice, so that's not a problem for me. And if you have reasons that people below fourteen shouldn't view, I'm wondering how a twelve-year-old acquired them. What could they be, anyway? That statement has no logic behind it whatsoever.

I always liked Raichu better. Pikachu is too...in your face with the way it acts. I just wish Raichu was stronger!

Fair enough.

Astinus
August 26th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Raichu is nicer; better movepool and stats
But when Pikachu evolves into Raichu, it can't learn any more attacks. It's best to leave your Pikachu unevolved until level 26 at least, because that's when it learns Thunderbolt naturally. Otherwise, you would just be wasting a TM to teach your evolved-too-early Raichu an attack it could have learned another way.

That said, I love the little rodent. It's adorable. It's easily recognizable. Little kids (Pokemon's target audience) can't get enough of it. It's just a cute little companion.

For all those who wish Pikachu wasn't on the anime? Blame the Japanese population who voted to have it on the show. They are the ones that the Japanese writers (who actually create the episodes) cater for. They like Pikachu; they want Pikachu to stay; they get what they want.

The one reason why I get annoyed at all the products with Pikachu on them is because I want more Meowth. :| But I don't wish to have Pikachu suffer a horrible fate such as death.

Really, you people and all your hate towards a little anime rodent. *shakes head* The thing isn't hurting you in any way.

Ichikool
August 26th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Pika is okay. Really kawaii, but he's all overated and stuff. ^^;\
Course, nothing is wrong with that, but the little mouse seems to be misunderstood sometimes. ._. I mean by 'haters.'

blndsk4
August 26th, 2007, 07:37 PM
I hated him in yellow version. He wouldn't evolve. >:(

Zulen
August 26th, 2007, 07:50 PM
It's humorous to note to all the people saying Pikachu is uncool, they're also playing a game that America largely considers to be idiotic and childish, and only played by pedo's and losers (Shame, really).

Do I like Pikachu? The only people I can see hating Pikachu are the one's who watch the show for consistency. When my Mewtwo starts to have sophisticated converse with me as seen in the movie, you can start complaining about inconsistency between the games and the show. When the S.S Anne gets shipwrecked and the trainer abandoned on an island full of giant robotic counterparts of familiar species, you can start complaining about inconsistency. They're not trying to have the two flow in a parallel manner of story-telling. If that were the case, the fanbase wouldn't even be this ridiculously large.

Pikachu's not bugging anyone. Don't like him, don't use him. He doesn't even have any spoken lines save for the afore-mentioned episode where they crashed on that island full of robotic Pokemon, and even then, all he was saying was "Pika Pikachu". I fail to see how any of you can accuse Pikachu. It's almost like you expect intense plot and character development among him as the series' progresses, and then get pissed when he doesn't deliver.

Besides', Ash's Pikachu's level in game would easily be off the charts.

Lily
August 26th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Pikachu isn't bad. I don't hate or love it. It's simply...too infamous.

I prefer Pichu, anyway.

Scarlet Weather
August 27th, 2007, 04:15 AM
Pikachu isn't bad. I don't hate or love it. It's simply...too infamous.

I prefer Pichu, anyway.

You say that like it's a bad thing. XD

It's humorous to note to all the people saying Pikachu is uncool, they're also playing a game that America largely considers to be idiotic and childish, and only played by pedo's and losers (Shame, really).

And many other countries. Don't forget that we're on the internet here, and many of the people you run into might not be from America. (Alright, I'm American, but that doesn't mean everyone is.

That being said, I definitely agree with you. Wow... and I thought I was going to be the only one who likes Pikachu/thinks it's okay to begin writing out a huge argument on its behalf. :3

But when Pikachu evolves into Raichu, it can't learn any more attacks. It's best to leave your Pikachu unevolved until level 26 at least, because that's when it learns Thunderbolt naturally. Otherwise, you would just be wasting a TM to teach your evolved-too-early Raichu an attack it could have learned another way.

That said, I love the little rodent. It's adorable. It's easily recognizable. Little kids (Pokemon's target audience) can't get enough of it. It's just a cute little companion.

For all those who wish Pikachu wasn't on the anime? Blame the Japanese population who voted to have it on the show. They are the ones that the Japanese writers (who actually create the episodes) cater for. They like Pikachu; they want Pikachu to stay; they get what they want.

The one reason why I get annoyed at all the products with Pikachu on them is because I want more Meowth. :| But I don't wish to have Pikachu suffer a horrible fate such as death.

Really, you people and all your hate towards a little anime rodent. *shakes head* The thing isn't hurting you in any way.

All hail Hanako_Tabris: lover of the Police, queen of fanfic reviews, and defender of anime rodents. That sound good as a title? XD

Alright. As for you people who have said that you can't evolve the Yellow Version Pikachu, why on earth were you playing Yellow anyway? The point of that game is so it'll match up more smoothly with the anime while still following the basic plot of a Pokemon game. Why would you play it if you weren't already a fan of the anime? (Besides getting all three starters, I mean.) Anime fans probably wouldn't want to evolve their Pikachu, anyway.

Leon K. Fox
August 27th, 2007, 04:48 AM
I think some people are over-reacing to Pikachu's popularity tbh, yes he is the most merchandised Pokemon....so?

PikaPi123
August 27th, 2007, 05:34 AM
Woot! I love Pikachu. That's one of my favorite Pokemon! I also like Raichu too!

♥~*Abby*~♥
August 27th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Thats alotttttttt of reasons... :shocked:

thanx, i try. and that isn't even all of em' :3

:D

And oh yeah, Art_Critic_Cubone, My Pikachu's move pool was.... (I had the TM cheat) shock wave, focus punch, iron tail, and attract. THERE. I SPOKE IN PROPER ENGLISH WHEN TALKING TO YOU. HAPPY? I HOPE SO. Yes, I KNOW there are quite a few Pokemon weaker than Pikachu... key word, A FEW. Get rid of them and Pikachu would be one of the weakest Pokemon in history. And I battled a freakin' Golem that was 10 levels higher than my Raichu and I STILL beat it. Would Pikachu be able to do that? I think not. And if you're wondering why I have reasons people under 14 shouldn't view, and I'm 12, it's because I have a SICK mind. *~* (failed attempt at a smiley) And oh yeah, if you're callin' me an idiot for thinking he's pathetic looking, you're callin' my father one too. He thinks Pikachu looks like a wimp too. He thinks Raichu looks tough and cool, just like me. I love my daddy. :D

Marsh-Stomp
August 27th, 2007, 09:35 AM
He's Alright.
I don't love him, but i don't wanna Hate him either.

LtFielding
August 27th, 2007, 09:41 AM
Real life Pikachus are so funny thats why I like Pikachu.

♥~*Abby*~♥
August 27th, 2007, 10:03 AM
ritchies pikachu rox. i think sparky would b cooler if he evolved, but im fine if he doesnt. as 4 all other pikachu's... i think the are, well... STUPID.

Lie Ren
August 27th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Of course I do.
Pika is my luff.
Oh how I love my Pika. <3

xp
Its always been my favorite Pokemon, and will always be.
& I have enough Pikachu related things in my room to amuse an entire army to prove it.

Power Ram
August 28th, 2007, 04:26 AM
i love him! the best pokemon ever!

Seremiya
August 28th, 2007, 06:33 AM

Hope you're talking about plushies there. Or else we'll have to throw into the basket with all the other fruitcakes. :P

I wouldn't use a Pikachu in the game. Strategy wise, it's not a preferable pokemon for me. Ash's Pikachu is a cute addition to the anime though and I totally love him. :D

Me2UJus4Free
August 28th, 2007, 07:00 AM

Unless someone is out there shooting mice up with electricity and painting them yellow, I don't think there are real Pikachus...

I don't get why people hate Pikachu so much. It's just a cartoon character, people!

angelfire9110
August 28th, 2007, 07:06 AM
Heck yeah! Love the little yellow furball. xD And, from the looks of it, Pikachu has sort of become a sort of icon for Pokemon...

~Dai-kun~
August 28th, 2007, 07:50 AM
I like Pikachu cause on the anime sometimes he can really show off especially the Quick Attack+Volt Tackle Combo.

Always and Never
August 28th, 2007, 08:01 AM
EW. I've always hated the disgusting rat. Ever since it came out of that pokeball that Professor Oak had, I've despised it. I mean it's been with Ash for like 4 years, and still is the same level and loses to Paul's Elekid. And it's too scared to evolve.

What is it even, a girl or a boy? Probably both.

Ariel
August 28th, 2007, 08:04 AM
I don't see why he's so hated, tbh.
He's THE icon for Pokemon when Nintendo choose to advertise.

Game-wise, he's not so useful...but I do heart Pikachu.<3
He's also kick-ass in SSBM. =P

~Dai-kun~
August 28th, 2007, 08:07 AM
Ariel that is true because I ace at beating level 9 people but when I use Mewtwo against Pikachu he beat me. I even used Capt. Falcon.

RYOUKI
August 28th, 2007, 08:14 AM
He's Alright, I guess.....
Pikachu's Cute as a Plush toy so yeah, I don't get people hate him...

Leon K. Fox
August 28th, 2007, 08:29 AM
I don't see why he's so hated, tbh.
He's THE icon for Pokemon when Nintendo choose to advertise.

Game-wise, he's not so useful...but I do heart Pikachu.<3
He's also kick-ass in SSBM. =P

Thank you :)

Pikachu isn't my absoulte fave Pokemon, but it doesn't deserve to be hated just because it's popular and a key part of the anime, that's pretty weak IMO

Scarlet Weather
August 28th, 2007, 10:25 AM
And oh yeah, Art_Critic_Cubone, My Pikachu's move pool was.... (I had the TM cheat) shock wave, focus punch, iron tail, and attract. THERE. I SPOKE IN PROPER ENGLISH WHEN TALKING TO YOU. HAPPY? I HOPE SO. Yes, I KNOW there are quite a few Pokemon weaker than Pikachu... key word, A FEW. Get rid of them and Pikachu would be one of the weakest Pokemon in history. And I battled a freakin' Golem that was 10 levels higher than my Raichu and I STILL beat it. Would Pikachu be able to do that? I think not. And if you're wondering why I have reasons people under 14 shouldn't view, and I'm 12, it's because I have a SICK mind. *~* (failed attempt at a smiley) And oh yeah, if you're callin' me an idiot for thinking he's pathetic looking, you're callin' my father one too. He thinks Pikachu looks like a wimp too. He thinks Raichu looks tough and cool, just like me. I love my daddy.

Wow... I'm actually beginning to respect you. A worthy opponent on the opposite side. I will not, however, back down! *draws katana and begins wildly waving fan with rising sun design on it while the sun rises behind me*

'kay, first off Shock Wave=Fail. Pikachu needs thunderbolt. Attract is fail, since it's uber-situational. Focus Punch works with Raichu in competitive battles, but Pikachu in-game fails with it. Iron Tail isn't accurate enough to be useful, and Pika isn't usually a physical sweeper anyway. Besides, Pikachu needs to hit hard and fast because of its crappy defenses, so all of its moves need to either have a hundred-percent chance of inflicting a debilitating status condition on the foe or hit hard with accuracy, since you die if you miss. Double Team is a good choice under certain circumstances in-game, as is Mega Punch if you want to get physical. Plus, Pikachu doesn't fight well against Grimer. Pika is for sweeping water and flying types, plus rock and ground if it has surf or HP grass. Your Dad knows nothing about the coolness of Pikachu. In fact, you don't either. (Well, you like Sparky so maybe there's hope for you yet.) With Pikachu, you either kill quick or get killed. One or the other.

leethepirate
August 28th, 2007, 10:28 AM
hate it!!! it parylizes everytime in battle!!!

Me2UJus4Free
August 28th, 2007, 01:29 PM
hate it!!! it parylizes everytime in battle!!!

All Electric Pokemon have the ability to paralyze their opponent in battle.

♥~*Abby*~♥
August 28th, 2007, 02:08 PM
EW. I've always hated the disgusting rat. Ever since it came out of that pokeball that Professor Oak had, I've despised it. I mean it's been with Ash for like 4 years, and still is the same level and loses to Paul's Elekid. And it's too scared to evolve.

What is it even, a girl or a boy? Probably both.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! :D

yeh, its showed both over da years. but i think its male. key word, I THINK.

Wow... I'm actually beginning to respect you. A worthy opponent on the opposite side. I will not, however, back down! *draws katana and begins wildly waving fan with rising sun design on it while the sun rises behind me*

'kay, first off Shock Wave=Fail. Pikachu needs thunderbolt. Attract is fail, since it's uber-situational. Focus Punch works with Raichu in competitive battles, but Pikachu in-game fails with it. Iron Tail isn't accurate enough to be useful, and Pika isn't usually a physical sweeper anyway. Besides, Pikachu needs to hit hard and fast because of its crappy defenses, so all of its moves need to either have a hundred-percent chance of inflicting a debilitating status condition on the foe or hit hard with accuracy, since you die if you miss. Double Team is a good choice under certain circumstances in-game, as is Mega Punch if you want to get physical. Plus, Pikachu doesn't fight well against Grimer. Pika is for sweeping water and flying types, plus rock and ground if it has surf or HP grass. Your Dad knows nothing about the coolness of Pikachu. In fact, you don't either. (Well, you like Sparky so maybe there's hope for you yet.) With Pikachu, you either kill quick or get killed. One or the other.

i know pikachu's coolness, it has none. repeat, NONE. Except 4 sparky. He's the exception to the rule. but u actually respect me now? thats a day i didnt think would come in a million years. has it been a million years already? my watch must have stoped. :)

Scarlet Weather
August 28th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Okay:

There are no levels in the anime as we know them in-game. They're simply used as a method of saying whether some Pokemon are more powerful then others, such as "That Blaziken is at a very high level", or "Pokemon with a higher level can overcome type disadvantages". They're mostly ignored. Therefore, any Pokemon in the anime can be "as strong as the plot". (i.e., Pikachu is strong enough to win if the writer says he is, and weak enough to lose if the writer says he is.) And Pikachu is confirmed male due to Buneary's crush on him, so that's settled. (Aw... I was hoping he was a girl so I could start a Pikashipping fanbase. Curses, I've been foiled again!)

I respect anyone who can fairly support their views and type using proper grammar. But yes, your watch has stopped. Go wind it. Sparky and Ash's Pikachu aren't the only Pikachu we've seen though. Need I remind you of Pika from the Pokemon Special (Pokemon Adventures in the US) manga? Pika pwns Pikachu's soul. Anyway, who's to say that all Pikachu are like Ash's Pikachu? They might be more like Sparky (or Pika).

♥~*Abby*~♥
August 28th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Good point. But who's to say Buneary isn't male? (dumb question) And Pikachu could be both sexes at once. Even though Pika does not have a heart shape tail, so there's the proof.

Scarlet Weather
August 29th, 2007, 06:12 AM
Exactly. No heart shape=male. Thanks for pointing that out. And Buneary, in the Japanese version at least, is referred to at least three times as a girl, so that settles that. Buneary is female, therefore Pikachu must be male as homosexuality doesn't exist among Pokemon.

star6phoenix9
August 29th, 2007, 06:58 AM
I hate how Pikachu's sprite in Diamond and Pearl looks so haughty. It's just standing there like, "Look at me! I'm cute! Catch me!" It just makes me want to destroy it with Hyper Beam.

Alter Ego
August 29th, 2007, 09:01 AM
Exactly. No heart shape=male. Thanks for pointing that out. And Buneary, in the Japanese version at least, is referred to at least three times as a girl, so that settles that. Buneary is female, therefore Pikachu must be male as homosexuality doesn't exist among Pokemon.

And let's not forget Pikachu's reaction to Giselle's picture way back in "The School of Hard Knocks" (Gawd, I can't believe I still remember the episode name); I'd say that's indisputable scientific evidence that Ash's Pikachu is either a male or a lesbian. x3

♥~*Abby*~♥
August 29th, 2007, 09:11 AM

Not in the Englidh version. At least, I don't think. Anyways, Pika still is at the bottom of my list, and Raichu is still at the top. The day I change my name to Pikachicka is the day the world has gone insane. Let's just say it's not gonna happen. There. Perfect grammer. School's probably gonna whip me into shape as well.

~end of story~

Scarlet Weather
August 29th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Not in the Englidh version. At least, I don't think. Anyways, Pika still is at the bottom of my list, and Raichu is still at the top. The day I change my name to Pikachicka is the day the world has gone insane. Let's just say it's not gonna happen. There. Perfect grammer. School's probably gonna whip me into shape as well.

~end of story~

My goal is to prevent you from hating Pikachu, not liking Raichu better. May I point out that you can't hate Pikachu all that much, since there would be no Raichu if not for Pikachu?

And let's not forget Pikachu's reaction to Giselle's picture way back in "The School of Hard Knocks" (Gawd, I can't believe I still remember the episode name); I'd say that's indisputable scientific evidence that Ash's Pikachu is either a male or a lesbian. x3

Ah, yes... the school of hard knocks. That's got to be my favorite episode of the anime, even today. First appearance of Cubone, gender identification of Pikachu (as Alter Ego has so kindly pointed out), and the famous "We frolicked all night" line from Jessie and James that has a few of the more-we must be careful how we say this- juvenile Rocketshippers screaming at the top of their lungs as confirmation of a relationship between the two. Good times, good times. x3

I hate how Pikachu's sprite in Diamond and Pearl looks so haughty. It's just standing there like, "Look at me! I'm cute! Catch me!" It just makes me want to destroy it with Hyper Beam.

It is cute, therefore it wants you to catch it. Honestly, what did you expect it to say? (And let's not forget that there are multiple other sprites for Pikachu, from the FR/LG and R/S/E ones to the ones from way back in R/B/Y and G/S/C. Nope, Pikachu isn't always that haughty. (But why shouldn't it be? It gets a lot of publicity. XD)

Raichuchika, I regret to inform you that there is no "Englidth" version of Pokemon. The "English", or more formally "PUSA dubbed" version probably doesn't give Buneary a gender either. (Maybe they're afraid that the little kids are going to start smooching each other because of Buneary's obvious crush on Pikachu?)

DarkGreg
August 29th, 2007, 12:44 PM
Pikachu's awesome and soooooooooooooooooooo cute. I wonder if it's a boy or a girl?

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 29th, 2007, 12:45 PM
My goal is to prevent you from hating Pikachu, not liking Raichu better. May I point out that you can't hate Pikachu all that much, since there would be no Raichu if not for Pikachu?

and there will be no Pikachu without a Pichu??? true and no matter how much you talk to someone if they hate something nothing you say can change it its up to them and I agree you can't hate Pikachu that much because that Raichu was once a Pikachu

:t354:TG

Sweet Candace
August 29th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Yeah, Queen Boo hit it right on the nose there. I was going to say something on those lines

Scarlet Weather
August 30th, 2007, 04:31 AM
Pikachu's awesome and soooooooooooooooooooo cute. I wonder if it's a boy or a girl?

We just confirmed that it was male, Wudge....

and there will be no Pikachu without a Pichu??? true and no matter how much you talk to someone if they hate something nothing you say can change it its up to them and I agree you can't hate Pikachu that much because that Raichu was once a Pikachu

Yes. I don't like Pichu all that much, but I do like Pikachu, therefore I do not hate Pichu. Besides, hate is usually reserved for total sleazebags, Hitlers, and various slimebags of all varieties. Using it on a cute, made-up monster is just taking things a tad bit too far.

♥~*Abby*~♥
August 31st, 2007, 11:29 AM
I said Englidh, not what you said. AND OH YEAH, GUESS WHAT? RANDOM_FAN ACCEPTED ME! (u should no what i'm talking about)
HAH! (off-topic)
neways, whenever i c a pikachu in d/p, i destroy it. that's what everyone should do.
and oh yeah, they coulda just made Pichu evolve in2 Raichu. It would have raised the pokemon world's coolness by about 100%.

Magnezone
September 1st, 2007, 10:34 AM
Pikachu's overrated.
Remember his sprite in Red/Blue?
That's his true appearance.
The rest is an illusion...

Scarlet Weather
September 1st, 2007, 10:40 AM
And you know this how?

Anyway, overrated or not, there's no reason to go around hatin' on him.

TwilightBlade
September 1st, 2007, 10:40 AM
I think he's cute and okay but nothing to go crazy over and catch one in every game just to be like Ash... |D

DarkGreg
September 1st, 2007, 10:41 AM
Pikachu's awesome, he/she should not be hated by anyone. He/she is too cute to be hated.

Kotowari
September 1st, 2007, 01:12 PM
I do not hate Pikachu. There might be a chance I even love him, although he's not my favourite Pokemon. I prefer Manectric as the Electric Pokemon on my team. =)

But when there's no Manectric/Electrike near (as not in the game), I catch a Pikachu as soon as I see it and train it all the way up to the level where it will learn Thunder. It is hard yes, and it takes long, but isn't that the "joy" of the pokemon games? Training?
Pikachu helped me defeat Lorelei in the league. ^_^

For the Anime-Pikachu: It's impossible for me to imagine the show without that Pikachu. The episodes where Pikachu is the main star (Pikachu's Goodbye, the one where Pikachu suffers from amnesia, and others) were very nice to watch, and I want to see them again.

I like Pikachu. Not love him, nor hate him. Like him.

rayray443
September 1st, 2007, 09:58 PM
hes cool,i wonder who could hate pikachu,0.0

stella
September 2nd, 2007, 09:59 AM
I use to like him when I was younger but after seening him so much on the show, he really wore out his welcome.I don't like him much, but I don't hate him either.

Hawks
September 3rd, 2007, 10:34 AM
no... DIE PIKACHU DIE! DIE PIKACHU DIE! I HATE U! SCREW PIKACHU! EVOLVE NOW OR DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *points gun to Pikachu's head* DIE YOU STUPID YELLOW RAT DIE!!!!!!!!

Couldn't agree more :D it's getting boring.. Ash, get Pikachu to EVOLVE or get an AIPOM!! (Yes, Aipoms own :))

Scarlet Weather
September 3rd, 2007, 04:02 PM
Couldn't agree more :D it's getting boring.. Ash, get Pikachu to EVOLVE or get an AIPOM!! (Yes, Aipoms own :))

He has an Aipom. There's no reason to be mad at Pikachu itself: blame the writing staff.

Tabbloza
September 3rd, 2007, 04:04 PM
I like Pikachu, he's cute. But Raichu is much cuter. :3

brotlov
September 3rd, 2007, 04:09 PM
Pikachu's alright, i just hate the fact that every new pokemon game they make a new Pikachu clone, like Pikachu was good by him self, but then they made Pichu, then they made Plusle and Minun(spelling?) and then that other one(forget it's name)

♥~*Abby*~♥
September 3rd, 2007, 04:16 PM

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 :D u rock. and art_critic_cubone, i no cauz he said.

Me2UJus4Free
September 3rd, 2007, 04:18 PM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 :D u rock. and art_critic_cubone, i no cauz he said.

Just how long did you hold down that poor little "A" key?

Radikaru
September 3rd, 2007, 04:50 PM
Pikachu's adorable and all, and one of my favorites, but I never really did understand its popularity. xD

Yellow Magikoopa
September 3rd, 2007, 05:04 PM
Pikachu's adorable and all, and one of my favorites, but I never really did understand its popularity. xD

It's all Ash's fault. Blame him.

Lanturn
September 4th, 2007, 04:18 AM
I hate pikachu. Ive never liked him, never will. Terribly Overrated, i agree with Aeon. Pikachu got beat up by a ditto ( COME ON!) And took down a dragonite. With only Slam and Thunderbolt ( I think).

Seriously, Anyones pokemon could take it down in real life, even a pokemon with a type disadvantage, like Honchkrow or Blastoise.

XD

Think about it!

♥~*Abby*~♥
September 4th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Just how long did you hold down that poor little "A" key?

a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.
I like Pikachu, he's cute. But Raichu is much cuter. :3

cuter? i dont follow. raichu's cooler tho.

.Vaporeon
September 4th, 2007, 10:20 PM
He's cool for a second evolved pokemon

♥~*Abby*~♥
September 5th, 2007, 11:14 AM
no, he isnt. clefairy wins the contest there.

Endless
September 5th, 2007, 11:26 AM
^ Yeah, clefairy is awesome.
But Charizard is teh awesomest. ^^

I think Pikachu is alright, y'know, as far as weird little yellow mouse things can go. It bugs the hell out of me at times though, and in the anime, it's practically invincible until it gets beaten up by a random weak pokemon.
Craziness... *shakes head*

♥~*Abby*~♥
September 5th, 2007, 11:46 AM
i now hate the writing pple. all because if that...

Jorah
September 5th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Pikachu's cute. I remember when Pokemon first came out, everyone liked it. Most children like it because its the main Pokemon in the anime and that's enough reason to like it for them. I've never thought Clefairy was cute though. Its rather...uh...squarish in shape?

SilencedShooter
September 5th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Game wise: I hate Pikachu.

Anime wise: Holy #!@$ did that thing pass level 100?

bionic808
September 5th, 2007, 07:06 PM
i think pikachu can be adorable at times, and others annoying.

Melody
September 5th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Alright, dont get me wrong. Pikachu is ok. But IMO Pachirisu pwns Pikachu in the cuteness department. That and I never quite saw why Pikachu was so cool.
Besides, It think Raichu is waaay better than Pikachu. Raichu is soooo much cuter. :3
even more cute than Pachirisu. ^^

As for stats and movesets, Pikachu is decent. Raichu is better. Pachy is no better than Pikachu.

All in all I think Raichu is soooooo awesome ^^

♥~*Abby*~♥
September 6th, 2007, 01:27 PM
did u know that u rock? raichu owns u all! mhahaha! :badsmile:

Scarlet Weather
September 7th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Well, as long as we've passed the whole "I hate Pikachu" phase...

By the way, "Hatred" carries a connotation of not just extreme dislike, but getting so angry at the object of your hatred that you are willing to rip it to pieces, disembowel, hang it, disembowel it again, burn it at the stake, and display its head on a post outside the city walls. Why anyone would bear that much of a grudge towards an anime character, I have no idea. 0_o

T.Guy
September 7th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Meh, Pikachu is alright, imo. I have nothing against it.

Marauding Master
September 7th, 2007, 03:47 PM
I don't dislike him, but I wouldn't count it as a favorite Pokémon.

♥~*Abby*~♥
September 7th, 2007, 05:26 PM
we all no my opinion on pikachu. i wish raichu would b remembered. plus, if ash's pikachu were 2 evolve, they have know eachother 4 so long, theyd still b friends.

I DON'T C THE ISSUE!

~Rene~
September 8th, 2007, 04:19 AM
I liked Pikachu because it's my favourite Electric Pokemon.

~Rene~ :t025: