PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Mr. Mime?

spyroflameX
August 19th, 2007, 09:36 PM
I just found out that Mr. Mime could be female. Doesn't that break a gender barrier? It's a MISTER Mime for peke's sake. Please feel free to post comments. xD I just find this interesting. >_>

Here's a link that tells you it's 50/50 chance: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/122.shtml

Ausaudriel
August 19th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Move over Mr. Mime, Mrs. Mime needs some space. >:O

Kinda like how people complain about the Roselia evolution, or male Jynx's. :x

Tr@ce
August 19th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Yes, I know, that is strange...

spyroflameX
August 19th, 2007, 09:56 PM
That's so true. =\ Also, there's male Kirlia/Gardevoir. Very spooky indeed. >_>

KoolGamesX
August 19th, 2007, 11:23 PM
It dosen't make sence!I also relizerd that before.....It should just have a different name......

Myoko-chan
August 19th, 2007, 11:46 PM
I think you should blame 4Kids or whatever company dubbbed the first season ofPokemon, the japanese version of mr.mime is way different. I'm sure.

And another thing...
geoDUDE. See? No gender barrier.

Vavavoom ♣
August 20th, 2007, 02:56 AM
I just found out that Mr. Mime could be female. Doesn't that break a gender barrier? It's a MISTER Mime for peke's sake. Please feel free to post comments. xD I just find this interesting. >_>

Here's a link that tells you it's 50/50 chance: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/122.shtml

Yes, so? Just because it has the word " Mr. " in his name it doesn't mean that it has to be a male. As Ausaudriel, some Pokemon has a female appearence.
~
I want to add Roserade and Bellossom to the list. ^^

Sweet Candace
August 20th, 2007, 04:55 AM
In the future, they make a MRS. Mime, and make it female-only, so we can only have MALE Mr. Mime's

Nuke
August 20th, 2007, 05:08 AM
It looks more like a Mrs.Mime anyway.

I found this out recently too I caught one on diamond and noticed it was a girl.

I dont have it anymore though.

Leon K. Fox
August 20th, 2007, 05:28 AM
Okay...I never really thought about that O.O

That is just plain weird... I agree it should be called Mrs Mime or something

just don't go calling Geodude GeodudeTTE *Shudders*

Me2UJus4Free
August 20th, 2007, 07:18 AM
I caught a Female Mr. Mime, I renamed it Mrs. Mime, because I'm prudent like that.

m
August 20th, 2007, 07:40 AM
Also, notice that seaKING can be a female, I dont know what goldeen stands for, but it can certainly be a male. I think its definition means about the underwater princess or something. That whole evolution line is messed up lol.

Sweet Candace
August 20th, 2007, 09:32 AM
They obivously made a mistake putting genders into the game

EDIT: 300th post !

Gunn
August 20th, 2007, 09:39 AM
I wouldn't really identify it as a mistake. "Mr. Mime" was just a stupid name to begin with.

Yeah, I remember this question popped up in Pokémon Magazines when Gold/Silver was announced.

Willbey
August 20th, 2007, 10:19 AM
I think they should change the name of Mr.Mime without Mrs/Mr in it.

The Fallen
August 20th, 2007, 10:25 AM
Although Mr. does usually reference to one being a male I don't think they cared too much about that.

People can also wonder how we get Kangaskhan if there are no males, same with Chansey and Jynx.

I can't think of why there would be a female Mr. Mime, but maybe they didn't want to offend people who choose to be a Mr. that aren't really a Mr.; who knows.

RSL
August 20th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Mr. Mime's Japanese name is Barumime, so it's NoA's problem to begin with.

Ausaudriel
August 20th, 2007, 03:51 PM
In the future, they make a MRS. Mime, and make it female-only, so we can only have MALE Mr. Mime's
I doubt they'll do that. XD

Honestly, I don't really care if I have a female Mr. Mime. I'd just do what Me2UJus4Free did and rename it Mrs. Mime. :3

Jordan
August 20th, 2007, 04:12 PM
I see no justice for Slaking. Like the poster 8 spaces above me, just rename it.

Jordan.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 22nd, 2007, 01:33 PM
its Pokemon being too lazy to not make a female version of a Pokemon thats what it all comes down to. They should have worked on Seaking and Mr. Mimes name when the 3rd generation came because the 1, 2 aren't compatible with the newer versions. But I dont have a problem with Geodude, alot of people call females dude. renaming it Duette will sound weird

:t354:TG

Team Poison
August 22nd, 2007, 03:51 PM
Sabrina in Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal had a female Mr.Mime!

Also other ones to look out for are:
1. Caterpie because I read somewhere caterpillars are male and when they turn into butterflies which are supposed to be female so Butterfree should be female!
2. Slowbro because of it's name Slowbro if has a female counterpart it would look weird being called Slowsis!
3. Miltank because there has to be a male one out there or is Tauros the male counterpart!

Alakazam17
August 22nd, 2007, 06:07 PM
All the gender malfunctions come from the RBY generation, because genders were not introduced until GSC.

I can only really think of 1st Gen examples of Pokemon that have gender specific names, while they are available in both.

EDIT: Slaking comes to mind, after thinking for awhile. But that has nothing to do with him being the king of Sla, XD. It's because he is always seen "slacking." XD

Random
August 22nd, 2007, 08:45 PM
Well as pokemon games come in Japanese first, i wouldn't count out Mr. Mime only being a Male counter part for a new female one from only thought. I think the reason why Mr. Mime can be both genders in the games is because in Japanese *ITS* original name was: Barrierd. (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/122.shtml) So that the name does not confuse with gender at all. Thus making it male and female, but the stupid English translator decided it would be cute to call it a "Mr." Mime in R/B/Y because the way it looks and you know there wasn't to be any gender to be known for its kind, until G/S/C came, thus the creators made it both genders because its name didn't stand for just males. I have to say the same thing with Geodude.

Barboach
August 22nd, 2007, 08:55 PM
Some people and I were disputing about this like 9 months ago. Now that I think about it, pokemon IS a japanese game and things ARE and probably WILL be different once they are americanized.

Rai
August 22nd, 2007, 08:58 PM
There are girl Machop/Machoke/Machamp which I think is pretty weird O__O Especially since Machoke and Machamp wear speedos .__.;

Punishment
August 22nd, 2007, 09:08 PM
Milotic definately should only be female. Same goes with Gyarados who should be male only. They make perfect counterparts anyways.

Ausaudriel
August 22nd, 2007, 10:09 PM
I actually dislike single-gender Pokemon, honestly. :x They just don't make sense.

Team Poison
August 23rd, 2007, 06:02 PM
Hitmonchan is an example aswell because it's a male wearing a dress/skirt type outfit!
http://www.hraj.cz/pokemon/archiv/unseen/hitmonchan.jpg

The Overlord
August 23rd, 2007, 06:16 PM
If Mr.Mime is a "Mime" Why does he say Mr. Mime! all the time? x3

Gunn
August 23rd, 2007, 06:21 PM
Hitmonchan is an example aswell because it's a male wearing a dress/skirt type outfit!

That's not a skirt. It's a tunic.

The Overlord
August 23rd, 2007, 06:22 PM
Although it being Pink doesn't help either.