PDA

View Full Version : Which Starter Generation do you prefer?

-Sonic~Boom-
August 21st, 2007, 02:58 AM
Choose which generation to like the best!

Tutwiglup
August 21st, 2007, 03:08 AM
Kanto starters are obviously the best. Just look at charizard, Blastoise and Venasaur, loads bettr than fighting chikens and a little green dinosaur

Pokefan2008
August 21st, 2007, 03:09 AM
i like the shinoh starters best and please dont criticize,everone has there own opninon

Tutwiglup
August 21st, 2007, 03:27 AM
Sorry you do have a point. i love my Infernape

Although I didnt ctually critisize the Sinnoh starters

Sweet Candace
August 21st, 2007, 05:32 AM
Sinnoh's were the best

Johto and Kanto, the WORST !

Ho-oh arabia
August 21st, 2007, 05:43 AM
johto,sinnoh,kanto,and the most horrible of all,hoenn.

Shiraishi
August 21st, 2007, 05:49 AM
johto,sinnoh,kanto,and the most horrible of all,hoenn.

UR KIDDING. Swampert is the most useful starter ever tied with Infernape (According to smogon)

Blaziken was a major fail but he can destroy a lot of physical walls(steels much?) and even sweepers if hes running choice scarf. Sceptile can physical sweep/special sweep/sub seed..But sinnoh's starters were the best. Wouldve been hoenn if it wasn't for blaziken.

J-Rad
August 21st, 2007, 06:03 AM
Jhoto starters rock ur socks!

Sweet Candace
August 21st, 2007, 06:06 AM
Sinnoh starters rock YOUR socks !

Leon K. Fox
August 21st, 2007, 06:12 AM
Sinnoh's were the best

Johto and Kanto, the WORST !

BLASPHEMY!!! j/k :P

Kanto and Sinnoh are the best IMO though

Azonic
August 21st, 2007, 06:24 AM
Sinnoh since they had Piplup! horray for Penguins!

Ho-oh arabia
August 21st, 2007, 06:25 AM
JOHTO ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kotowari
August 21st, 2007, 07:01 AM
Johto, probably the only game where I wanted to use all Pokémon.
Typhlosion was one of the few strong Fire Pokémon in G/S/C - Flame Wheel is one of my favourite moves- , Meganium is a strong Grass type and Feraligatr is an awesome water type. I think Totodile was the first one I chose. Then it was Cyndaquil. The Johto starters are special to me for Silver was my first game. ^^

Otherwise: Hoenn
Grovyle's Leaf Blade is another one of my favourite moves, along with Blaziken's Blaze Kick. I don't care what you say about Blaziken, he wàs good. =O Plus the combination of Fire and Fighting was original. I never train Fighting Pokemon, so it was nice to have one for a change. ^^
Same goes for Swampert, but for a Ground Pokémon.

Kanto and Sinnoh are my least favourites. Charizard and Blastoise are awesome Pokémon, but I'm not really a fan of Venusaur. And Sinnoh, I guess I only like Turtwig. ^^"

Grovyle42(Griff8416)
August 21st, 2007, 07:07 AM
Hoenn is my favorite, closely followed by Kanto

Rebellious Treecko
August 21st, 2007, 07:07 AM
Treecko, Grovyle, and Sceptile are the best starter Pokemon to exist, in my opinion.
They're one of the reasons why Hoenn is my favorite region of all.

Ho-oh arabia
August 21st, 2007, 07:16 AM
as i said before,JOHTO ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shiraishi
August 21st, 2007, 07:27 AM
Johto fails. Meganium=UU wall >_> Typhlosion=Good stats, crappy movepool Feraligator=Good movesets,OHKOd by T-bolt.(it survives thunderpunch I think)

Sweet Candace
August 21st, 2007, 07:40 AM
Cakekun's right, Johto's the JV region, all the other surpass it by a country mile

JV=Junior Varisty

Ho-oh arabia
August 21st, 2007, 07:59 AM
sure, compare it to hoenn,it seems like heaven.

Sweet Candace
August 21st, 2007, 08:11 AM
Stop saying Johto was the best, beacuse it was the worst, every other generation was better and always will be !

Me2UJus4Free
August 21st, 2007, 09:21 AM
Heonn gave birth to the ridiculous duel types, and anyone who says Sinnoh's the best are player haters. Hoenn started the Fire/Fighting starter. Water/Ground, FTW!

I don't care what you say about Blaziken, he wàs good.

You just turned the word "was" French...

Tutwiglup
August 21st, 2007, 09:42 AM
im my very estemed opinion it goes: kanto, sinnoh, johto and then hoenn. Im sorry if anyone disagrees but blaziken spoiled it totaly for me. Sceptile was pretty good though. how can anybody not think that thekanto starters are the best. Fully evolved they are some of the best pokemon in the games.

Ho-oh arabia
August 21st, 2007, 09:59 AM
kanto was good, hoenn STINKS and JOHTO RULEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anti
August 21st, 2007, 10:10 AM
Johto had Croconaw, and Feraligtr, but that's it. I'd give the edge to Kanto, the original and still the best starters.

AztecSunshine
August 21st, 2007, 10:58 AM
kanto was good, hoenn STINKS and JOHTO RULEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is annoying
any way hoenn was the best for me treecko mudkip and torchic are my fav's i like the johto starters to and kanto is my least fav

Joevan
August 21st, 2007, 10:58 AM
Mine's are Hoenn followed by Johto than Kanto and lastly Sinnoh.

Sammi
August 21st, 2007, 11:05 AM
JOHTO ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, that had to be character bypass. 25 characters per post.
as i said before,JOHTO ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why are you repeating yourself? We already know your opinion. ;p

I can't choose. Each region had starters I did like and starers I didn't like. I usually like two and dislike the third (Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil, Treeko, Torterra? God, I forgot its name already). ...I don't seem to like grass starters. ._.;

But my favorite starter ever is Torchic, so maybe Hoenn. XD;

Leon K. Fox
August 21st, 2007, 11:34 AM
Hoen was my least favourite, dunno why, just didn't like the Pokemon it had *shrugs* not just starters but over all

Ho-oh arabia
August 21st, 2007, 02:32 PM
johto rulez,hoenn drools,kanto can snooze,and sinnoh is like booze.

AztecSunshine
August 21st, 2007, 03:33 PM
johto rulez,hoenn drools,kanto can snooze,and sinnoh is like booze.

why are you posting agin? we already know our opnion so stop

Shiraishi
August 21st, 2007, 03:41 PM
A mixape(Mix sweepin infernape) with nasty plot can take the johto starters single handed.

Ho-oh arabia
August 21st, 2007, 03:47 PM
heehee, making my point get across the hard way and BTW,JOHTO RULZ!

Vavavoom ♣
August 21st, 2007, 04:09 PM
The Starter Group that I prefer is the one in the Johto Region. Mainly because of Totodile, that energic beast. ^^'

Ausaudriel
August 21st, 2007, 04:17 PM
Going specifically on looks and the Pokemon its self, I'd say Johto was the best by far.

http://pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa155.pnghttp://pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa152.pnghttp://pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa158.png

I think they're the most varied, while still retaining a semi, I dunno, "connected" appearance. (And the entire Cyndaquil line are some of my favorite Pokemon.)

Least favorite would have to be Kanto. Second favorite, Hoenn, and third Sinnoh.

TotoRitaQuil
August 21st, 2007, 06:03 PM
1st-Jhoto, 2nd Kanto, Third Sinoh, and my least favourite was hoenn

Scytheteen
August 21st, 2007, 06:19 PM
jhoto were the coolest, but in terms of best, it'd have to ne kanto, CHARIZARD AND BLATIOISE JUST PWN

Me2UJus4Free
August 21st, 2007, 07:18 PM
Going specifically on looks and the Pokemon its self, I'd say Johto was the best by far.

http://pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa155.pnghttp://pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa152.pnghttp://pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa158.png

I think they're the most varied, while still retaining a semi, I dunno, "connected" appearance. (And the entire Cyndaquil line are some of my favorite Pokemon.)

Least favorite would have to be Kanto. Second favorite, Hoenn, and third Sinnoh.

Yeah, Cyndaquil was cute and easy! I always go for the easy starter, but going ultimate Cyndaquil was the best time I ever had.

I still like Hoenn and it's duel types. Sky Upper Cut, FTW!

MUSION
August 22nd, 2007, 02:05 AM
Hard to choose, I'm going to say Kanto because I like all 3 starters from that generation.

Johto's good too, I'm just not into Chikorita very much. Treeko and Mudkip are cool but I really dislike Torchic. As for Sinnoh starters, er... lets not go there.

! uvme !
August 22nd, 2007, 02:47 AM
I really like kanto because they work well against chckens and others!

SUICIDALS0ULJA
August 22nd, 2007, 03:15 AM
I liked the hoenn starters the best dunno why though :|

Capin' Keanan
August 22nd, 2007, 04:26 AM
Kanto

Blastoise FTW! - I.E Water pokemon own ;[

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 22nd, 2007, 01:17 PM
its a tie between the 3rd and 1st generation for me. The Worst for me will probably be the 2nd

:t354:TG