Porygon
June 9th, 2004, 12:22 PM
Lol. Digital! Porygon's element!

Hey, I know you, Pokglitch, lol!

PokeGlitch
June 9th, 2004, 05:29 PM
lol, yea.....how???
actually digital woulb be a good type!
(do you know me from PokeGlitch Forums??)

Eliana
June 9th, 2004, 05:43 PM
How about......
Angel type! there is dragon so why not angel?

AJHalliwell
June 9th, 2004, 06:13 PM
um- wood is way to similar to grass type. Light is a good type, sound is eh~ Digital is good to. But I don't think there are many angel-type pokemon. and wind would definatly be flying.
I can't really think of any other types- a majority of them have been used.
...However, a female present suggests a "love" type. Like Skitty, and Jigglypuff, the cute ones. I would like to publicly disagree now...

jynx
June 10th, 2004, 01:39 AM
Love! <--!? (BL!? Hentai!? XDDDD)

Right! All those kisses move to this element! XD
(THere are far to many normal type attacks!)

PokeGlitch
June 10th, 2004, 05:17 PM
here are some sound type attacks *not I did NOT make all of them, they were gottom from serebiiforums*

GLASSBREAKER
Type: Sound
PP: 10
Acc: 99
Power: 90
All barrier moves like Light Screen, Barrier and Reflect are destroyed.
A high-pitched cry that shatters glass.

AMPLIFIERS
PP: 5
Acc: 100
Power: 0
All Sound-type moves used do double the damage. Pokmon cannot fall asleep. The attack lasts from 2-5 turns or until another field-affecting move is used.
Amplifiers make the battle extremely loud

SOUND BARRIER
PP: 15
Acc: 100 (unless used many times in a row)
Acts like Light Screen, Barrier, Reflect, ect.

DEAD SILENCE
All Sound-type moves in both the user and opponents move lists are disabled. There is also a 30% chance for each Pokmon on each turn that they might not hear their trainers and use a randomly chosen attack. Attack lasts for 2-5 turns or until another field-affecting move is used.
An implacable silence falls on the arena.

SONIC WAVE
PP: 20
Power: 60
Never fails.
A wave of sonic power that strikes everywhere.

SONICBARRIER
PP: 25
Acc: 90
Every time the users SPEED rises, its DEFENSE rises one point too. This effect lasts for the rest of the battle.
Build up speed to raise a sonic barrier around you

GIGAWAVE
PP:10
Power: 150
Requires charging, attacks on second turn.

SONAR
Acc: 95
Lowers foe's DEFENSE and SP.DEF 1 level each.

BELLOW
Acc: 80
Power: 120
May cause flinching, confuses user if used with less than half remaining HP.

HARMONY
Opposing Pokemon may not attack for the next 2-5 turns; instead it may be enjoying the music.

ECHO
Acc: Varies
Power: Varies
User uses the move that the opponent just used. (may not work many times in a row)

PIERCING SCREAM
Power: 80
User screams as loud as possible, 35% change of confusing opponent

FREQUENCY (1,2,3,4 or 5)
Power: 25 times (1,2,3,4 or 5)
Attack can be anywhere from Frequency 1 to Frequency 5. 30% chance of it being 1, 30% change of it being 2, 20% chance of it being 3, 15% chance of it being 4, 5% chance of it being 5.
Similar to Magnitude

Frostweaver
June 10th, 2004, 05:31 PM
*actually agrees for once that a new type can be added*

After tweaking those moves a bit, sound types sound quite reasonable ot have... it'll reduce the amount of all those normal types out there ^_^; Guess that the sound element should be physical, but I cant' think of some reasonable weakness/resistances yet at the moment to make a "fake type" actually balanced for once.

jynx
June 11th, 2004, 07:27 AM
here are some sound type attacks *not I did NOT make all of them, they were gottom from serebiiforums*

GLASSBREAKER
Acc: 99
Power: 90
All barrier moves like Light Screen, Barrier and Reflect are destroyed.
A high-pitched cry that shatters glass.

AMPLIFIERS
All Sound-type moves used do double the damage. Pokmon cannot fall asleep. The attack lasts from 2-5 turns or until another field-affecting move is used.
Amplifiers make the battle extremely loud

SOUND BARRIER
Acc: 100 (unless used many times in a row)
Acts like Light Screen, Barrier, Reflect, ect.

DEAD SILENCE
All Sound-type moves in both the user and opponents move lists are disabled. There is also a 30% chance for each Pokmon on each turn that they might not hear their trainers and use a randomly chosen attack. Attack lasts for 2-5 turns or until another field-affecting move is used.
An implacable silence falls on the arena.

SONIC WAVE
Power: 60
Never fails.
A wave of sonic power that strikes everywhere.

SONICBARRIER
PP: 25
Every time the users SPEED rises, its DEFENSE rises one point too. This effect lasts for the rest of the battle.
Build up speed to raise a sonic barrier around you

GIGAWAVE
PP:10
Power: 150
Requires charging, attacks on second turn.

SONAR
Acc: 95
Lowers foe's DEFENSE and SP.DEF 1 level each.

BELLOW
Acc: 80
Power: 120
May cause flinching, confuses user if used with less than half remaining HP.

HARMONY
Opposing Pokemon may not attack for the next 2-5 turns; instead it may be enjoying the music.

ECHO
Acc: Varies
Power: Varies
User uses the move that the opponent just used. (may not work many times in a row)

PIERCING SCREAM
Power: 80
User screams as loud as possible, 35% change of confusing opponent

FREQUENCY (1,2,3,4 or 5)
Power: 25 times (1,2,3,4 or 5)
Attack can be anywhere from Frequency 1 to Frequency 5. 30% chance of it being 1, 30% change of it being 2, 20% chance of it being 3, 15% chance of it being 4, 5% chance of it being 5.
Similar to Magnitude
THe power is far too high!
And the moves are too good!

PokeGlitch
June 11th, 2004, 09:19 AM
there will be more attacks
and maybe SOME attacks have a lot of power, but u hafta admit, those are pretty good ideas for attacks...

Eliana
June 11th, 2004, 09:36 AM
How about.....
gold types! that would be so cool!

jynx
June 11th, 2004, 10:36 AM
there will be more attacks
and maybe SOME attacks have a lot of power, but u hafta admit, those are pretty good ideas for attacks...
ya! They are really good ideas...

Gold, Silver...Hey! Why not have Periodic Table? XDDDDD
That's 109 extra types! XDDD

ray
June 11th, 2004, 10:45 AM
nice skills or attacks aah...
But they are fake XD

Porygon
June 11th, 2004, 10:46 AM
lol, yea.....how???
actually digital woulb be a good type!
(do you know me from PokeGlitch Forums??)
Yeppers. Meet LiquidMagnet XD

jynx
June 11th, 2004, 10:53 AM
Actually, since Digimon has stopped the cartoon, that means Pokemon has lost its competitant! So we can step in and use Digimon stuff as if they were ours!

So, I definately think that Digital type is a good idea! Get Digimon buried!

Porygon
June 11th, 2004, 10:59 AM
Lol. Well, Porygon is made of programming code, so a Digital element is like "why in blue heck didn't they think of this when they made it in the first place??!!!??!?!" lol.

Offtopic: Wouldn't it have been great to see Porygon worked into Digimon somehow? And MegaMan? Haha

jynx
June 11th, 2004, 11:06 AM
Pokemon will never get to that stage. Because its non scientific.
S.T. have to consider Biology before creating new Pokemon.

Digital is good!
Butg don't go laughing at S.T. because he's not very good at physics! or IT! XD

PokeGlitch
June 11th, 2004, 11:07 AM
Hey LiquidMagnet!
and gold type may not work, but crystal type would!
and im definitely all in for Digital Type!

jynx
June 11th, 2004, 11:09 AM
Hm....maybe I'll want a type called Virus, or Plankton.
Fungii maybe :P

Eliana
June 11th, 2004, 12:01 PM
How about an Undead type lol

lil' jose
June 11th, 2004, 12:06 PM
I new type should be sand or wood.

PokeGlitch
June 11th, 2004, 01:19 PM
yea, i agree sand and wood are good ideas (i made up some wood attacks, i will post them if u want me too)
undead is like ghost, and plankton, lol

^^NICK^^ v.3.0
June 11th, 2004, 01:41 PM
There should be a nimb type, like faries and stuff. Their secondary type could be flying, grass, fire, water, and electric. They could live in the water, air, and forest. If you know mythology, you know the nymbs or however you spell it.

Frostweaver
June 11th, 2004, 02:32 PM
If you have wood attacks, change the word "wood" to "grass" please. They'll be needed a lot more grass moves. Sand is another word for mud or ground? Like... if there's a new type, dont make it a "duplicate" type O.o; (other example: wind and flying... almost the same. Undead and ghost are no different?)

Fungi/Plankton are fit into the grass category, even though in terms of biology they aren't "plant." However if a gecko is treated as a grass type, then so can mushrooms and parasite (which is already made into Parasect already)

All the minerals can really fit under steel... though I still think that it should be renamed to metal just to add in flexibility.

PokeGlitch
June 11th, 2004, 05:47 PM
actually, wind really isnt like flying
(i found that out the hard way)

Frostweaver
June 11th, 2004, 09:33 PM
I believe that flying types in the japanese version are "wind types." Plus if air cutter is a flying type, then safe to say that they're interchangable in Pokemon terms?

jynx
June 12th, 2004, 01:54 AM
Flying type Pokemon is "Hiuko Pokemon" in Japanese.
Flying Palace is "Hiuko Kon" in Japanese.

Hiuko means Flying.
Kaze means wind.

PokeGlitch
June 12th, 2004, 10:26 AM
the only reason Air Cutter is a Flying Type ie because there is no wind type.

Ice demon
June 12th, 2004, 11:36 AM
Light has 2 be the most plausible out of the lot - i think that should be one

Jirachi
June 13th, 2004, 02:11 AM
Generally, we need a Cosmic type to cover up the mistake they did by making all Pokemon from space "psychic."
Pokemon that should become Cosmic type and replacing Psychic:
Beldum
Jirachi
Solrock
Lunatone

Pokemon that should add on the Cosmic type:
Cleffa
Deoxys

Once you have the Cosmic type, think of the things you can do!
For example, we can make Cosmic Power and Meteor Mash cosmic type,
and have new moves such as Star Attack or Pulsar Beam or Black Hole or Asteroid Crush or Dimatic Blast or Supernova or just about anything!

PokeGlitch
June 13th, 2004, 05:37 AM
yea! that definitely could work! i like!

Frostweaver
June 13th, 2004, 01:44 PM
and steel attacks are in trash without meteor mash to back them up... psychic attacks will run out of ideas even quicker. Psychic does mean any form of supernatural powers, including astrological related junk. =p

Really no point of inventing a type with just like 6 attacks... current types need a lot more moves... psychic, grass and steel, to name a few...

Iveechan
June 13th, 2004, 02:10 PM
Why do Psychic types need more moves? They already get Psychic universally from a tm.

While I am normally anti-new type, I like the idea of sound the best *hugs Exploud*. Many existing attacks fall under sound; roar, growl, supersonic, uproar, grass whistle, hyper voice, snore, and some others. Just add in some physical attacks and you have a well-rounded type. The only thing put into question are the type's weaknesses and resistances (I think Grass should be strong to Sound because I said so and Grass needs a boost).

Frostweaver
June 13th, 2004, 02:34 PM
And how come I forgot to mention the desperate need for more bug moves...

Yes even though there's hte universal Psychic, but there's like... no moves other than Confusion/Psybeam/Future Sight/Psychic... I still prefer a type to have some weak moves for early part ingame, some midpowered moves with side effect, and then the flamethrower/ice beam/psychic rank moves... err... I'm not making sense now.

PokeGlitch
June 13th, 2004, 03:50 PM
Why do Psychic types need more moves? They already get Psychic universally from a tm.

While I am normally anti-new type, I like the idea of sound the best *hugs Exploud*. Many existing attacks fall under sound; roar, growl, supersonic, uproar, grass whistle, hyper voice, snore, and some others. Just add in some physical attacks and you have a well-rounded type. The only thing put into question are the type's weaknesses and resistances (I think Grass should be strong to Sound because I said so and Grass needs a boost).
lol, yea. and it has to be strong against psychic because thats too strong.

Frostweaver
June 13th, 2004, 08:42 PM
Psychic is currently messed up by dark majorly... in fact dark was made just to kill psychic. However, there is more to it than that... you'll have to compare the chart a lot... Grass is automatically strong against sound though because grass needs any form of illogical boost it can get =p

Porygon
June 14th, 2004, 08:45 AM
Hmmm… I agree about the need for more Bug moves. Especially since most Bug types that learn Bug moves, can't make good use for them, as they generally are also Poison types [Beedrill, for instance]. Also, Heracross, who is the only bug [that i know of], that learns Megahorn, is also at a disadvantage to Psychic power…

Jacob Madrox
June 14th, 2004, 09:17 AM
I agree with the cosmic type, that sounds real good! and uh, I got a new one, light type.

Porygon
June 14th, 2004, 10:01 AM
How many times has Light Element been mentioned already?

Frostweaver
June 14th, 2004, 02:13 PM
First of all, heracross can easily destroy any non-legendary psychic type... has a high sp.def, and endure+salac > psychics.

Personally I HATE having light types. I do have reasons... Pokemon is always directed as a KIDS GAME. So leave the good vs evil junk for english class or Final Fantasy. Also, look at what are the "dark" moves... they aren't "EVIL". As evil as "dark" moves get is probably pursuit which is just chasing people... so let's not draw a "light" type to make it "evil vs good"... don't draw such a parallel. Perhaps a much needed re-wording is needed to the word "light" to make it less "holy."

Eliana
June 14th, 2004, 05:01 PM
How about a mutant type? lol or maybe hybrid!

jynx
June 15th, 2004, 09:21 AM
Egg type! XDDDD

Come on! Unhatched eggs! Attack!

Porygon
June 15th, 2004, 10:34 AM
Lol, that would be neat to see XD

Greed
June 15th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Hmm.. Isn't wind and flying basically the same? Oo;

Anyways, maybe there should be a Jewelry type or sumthing like that? If ye catch a jewel type pokemon, yall can sell it for millions XP

*dies*

Iveechan
June 15th, 2004, 02:21 PM
Just wondering; why do we have both Ground and Rock types? This came to mind when it was mentioned that Wind and Flying are similar. And Dark should have been called Night type or soemthing. Wait, then people would argue for a Day type. Hrm...

Frostweaver
June 15th, 2004, 09:46 PM
Well if there's a day/night type, then all Pokemon will fall into either one and such a description is too broad... ^_^;

Personally I find rock/ground to be the same in terms of logic... really rock type is lacking in movepools (okay so we got ancientpower and rock slide... rock throw as the ingame rock move... there's the useless TM Rock tomb... err... whatelse?), and afterall rock becomes sand which is part of ground eventually... However, too late to take it out now as it has established itself as part of the metagame already...

Pine
June 15th, 2004, 10:43 PM
Oh frostweaver, trying to sort out the endless list of impossible suggestions...I'll try to help too. But first I must tell you (all of you in fact) this:

Light type should exist because it is the opposite of dark, and darkness cannot exist without light, because everything that can be described as an adjetive must have an opposite. Also, many *cough*idiots*cough* in the distant past who were afraid of the dark ended up labeling it 'evil', when it's just as bad or good as light. It's just that we are afraid when we can't see (which makes me wonder about dark having an advantage over psychic, when phychic is the mind stuff which is actually calmed and increased by silence and darkness, but I guess the reality of it now is also to blame on those idiots from the past) or understand something, so we end up saying it's bad. Then it gets blown out of proportion with all kinds of stuff. Finally, I would like to say that it really shouldn't be good vs evil, when evil is one of those 'extremes' when good is...well...not extreme. It's more like good vs bad and holy vs evil (and holy is not a religious word, it's just used a lot in religion because it basically means pure and flawless), but those idiots (again? they're messing up the world, man :P) wanted to make the 'fight' cooler so they made the bad more intense by making it evil.

So, here are my favorite new ones:
Light (obviously)
Crystal (doubting a bit, I must admit)
and Space

And frostweaver, psychic is actually powers of the mind, as I might have already mentioned, so space is an open category.

Cosmic doesn't work either, and here's why:
Defenition. The other part of the defenition is that it also means 'peaceful and harmonious,' which is almost the complete opposite of what goes on in space.

Off topic-Frostweaver, tell me if I'm wrong but...your avatar...is that a pheonix from the Age of Mythology game?

Frostweaver
June 15th, 2004, 11:17 PM
my avatar: warcraft 3 phoenix summon... it is a phoenix, but not from AoM ;p

well let's start with the simpler arguments first...

regarding dark being strong against psychic... I guess that they must be thinking that their minds are so "dark" that it's "unclear" (dark isn't evil... it just means mysterious in this case) that even Pokemon with psychic powers can't detect their thoughts, thus resulting in the advantage... but then again, as if bug being strong against psychic made sense anyway... or psychic against poison...

Psychic is "originally" (and according to literla definition) power of the mind... but then the invention of cosmic power certainly linked Psychic types to be in control of any mysterious powers. And how does running faster (agility) part of the 'mind?' Agility sounds to be very physically related to me... yet it's psychic o.o;

Now the dark vs light thing...

First of all, holy IS are religious terms, as no one is ever flawless and perfect unless it's a higher deity of some sort. The term "holy" is sometimes used to describe a person only in the sense that "as if a higher deity is guarding this human being." Holy is quite strictly religion related only. Not that this relates to Pokemon or anything, but I just want to point that out.

Dark is not the opposite of light. It is a very confusing matter, and what you say does seem to be true, except one scenario is forgotton. We always say that darkness is the absense of light, where light is the absense of dark. It seems that they define one another, and therefore, must be opposite, like "good vs bad, righteousness vs evilness and etc." However, try lighting up a match in a dark room, then you see both light and dark... Light has a strange property that "darkness" do not have. Light can exist in a room of darkness. In a dark room, you will see light even if the light is dim. However, in a room of complete darkness, you cannot possibly have "darkness" without removing the source of light. Therefore, from this simple scenario, we solve the impression that light doesn't "equal" to darkness in every way, as light has different properties compare to darkness in some special cases. So, just because one exist, the other one doesn't necessary have to exist, because not all the time do they share the exact properties the other one processes.

Another example: your eyes. In a room of "darkness," sometimes you cannot see anything... however, after awhile your eyes will adjust, and will pick up the faint and dim amount of light in the room and you can still see something at the end. There are of course cases of truly complete darkness, but the point is: what appears to be complete darkness, still has pieces of light within. However, in a room filled with light, you cannot possibly find darkness except darkness is hiding... so another example where they do not share the same properties.

Light and Dark = "Good vs Evil?"

On top of what Pine said, it is correct... we do associate different things with different images due to the past. However, I wonder why the chances of meeting a theif in the nighttime in a dark alleyway is much greater than meeting a theif in broad daylight in the middle of Wall Street? There are times where those "stereotypes" are drawn quite correctly. Even though over-generalization is involved, I'll rather believe in those stereotypes and not walk around in dark alleyways at night in order to be safe you know? Plus, the fact that "white light" is the absense of all colors, while "black/darkness" is the mixture of all colors are symbolic to this belief too... white light are "pure" as it really reflects all colors, while black/darkness absorbs all which reflects it as a mixture of chaos... this symbolism also supports that by auto-default, dark = "more evil than light", and white/light = "better than dark."

If they don't share the exact properties, then do not try to draw a parallel between them... And if we've come to the agreement that "righteous/good vs evil" shouldn't be involved in Pokemon, then leave light types out of this... or at least, reword "light" type to something else...

*too tired at night... didn't proofread and not sure if this made sense... i'll check... tomorrow*

PokeGlitch
June 16th, 2004, 07:21 AM
wooooooooooooooooooo
anyway, i made a website for my favorite of the fake types
i was helped by the people at serebiiforums.com
www.soundtype.tk

Eliana
June 16th, 2004, 01:56 PM
How about....air type....no not wind! air! lol! and how about shade type and not again not ghost shade! theres a difference!

ocean
June 16th, 2004, 02:32 PM
Crystal definatly crystal I mean if theres Crystal Onyx why not a hole new type

Eliana
June 16th, 2004, 02:38 PM
Yup! I agree! and also thats why it should work that way with gold and crystal types

Pine
June 16th, 2004, 02:40 PM
Pffh, It's okay frostweaver. I only found one spelling error. I still think that it should be good vs bad and not evil, because evil is somewhat extreme.

So the thing about darkness not existing in a room of light...that would mean...have you ever read any of the theories about the rumoured(spelling?) dark matter (you know, darkness that has similar properties to light)? That would mean that IT would be the opposite of light...hmm...It makes sense...in somewhat of a sci-fi way :P

Oh, pokeglitch and eliana, you're also big moment and deep conversation wreckers :P

Hmm...what if there was an insider club on PC for discussions rather than random thoughts...intriguing......

Eliana
June 16th, 2004, 02:43 PM
Lol Pine what do you mean by big-moment wrecker? *gets that a lot* But seriosly- shadow type and air type

Pine
June 16th, 2004, 03:29 PM
Shadow type-dark type
Air type-flying type

Enough said. Now let's think up some realistic ideas (upset because only frostweaver knows what I mean by 'big moment and deep conversation wreckers')

Eliana
June 16th, 2004, 03:37 PM
*Shakes finger* lol i specifically said. Air does not have to be wind but okay :) how about........ paper type? XD

Pine
June 16th, 2004, 03:41 PM
Poo. Poo poo poo. :P (25 Character Restriction)

Eliana
June 16th, 2004, 03:42 PM
Lol. as in "Poo" type pokemon. ew. lol. How about.... lead type!

ocean
June 16th, 2004, 03:47 PM
Plutonium type LOL *keels over laghing*

Eliana
June 16th, 2004, 03:50 PM
Lol good one! XD how about... robot type was that already mentioned?

Pine
June 16th, 2004, 03:50 PM
Okay, it's not funny anymore and we're getting nowhere. Frostweaver, unless you wish to continue the conversation we had earlier, could you please close this thread?

Eliana
June 16th, 2004, 03:52 PM
Well, actually we are. I AM suggesting types aren't I?

Pine
June 16th, 2004, 04:30 PM
That doesn't mean we're getting anywhere...and it's still getting more and more boring and un-funny, if that makes sense.

Eliana
June 16th, 2004, 04:31 PM
Thats a good point. Okay yeah that is.......okay sorry :)

Pine
June 16th, 2004, 04:35 PM
It's okay, but I still think that this topic is getting old. :P

Eliana
June 16th, 2004, 04:39 PM
I completely agree I aint arguing! but we cant exaclty do anything about so im the mean time..... Alien type! that is awesome! :P

Pine
June 16th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Yeah. Just live it up 'til frostweaver closes it :P

Tin Can Type
Lemon Type
Pillow Type

Eliana
June 16th, 2004, 04:47 PM
Oh! *lIghtbulb* Fruit type!

Pine
June 16th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Just plain lightbulb type?

Eliana
June 16th, 2004, 05:14 PM
Noo! fruit type! y'know in cartoons when someone has an idea a lightbulb comes out? thats what i did

Pine
June 16th, 2004, 05:33 PM
Yeah I know. I was doing the 'speaking of which' thing. But I must admit that Fruit Type would be better.

Eliana
June 16th, 2004, 05:35 PM
Lol mineral, vitamin, fruits, and bvegetable type pokemon! :D

Pine
June 16th, 2004, 05:47 PM
Oh, the best so far...Goober Type Pokemon

Eliana
June 16th, 2004, 05:51 PM
Lol what IS that type? o_0

Pine
June 16th, 2004, 05:53 PM
My defenition: An annoying goo/booger head; a wierdo who is bothersome
Something that you try to get rid of but sticks around

Eliana
June 16th, 2004, 05:56 PM
Omgd How About A Spam Type Pokemon!

jj984jj
June 16th, 2004, 05:56 PM
Actually, since Digimon has stopped the cartoon, that means Pokemon has lost its competitant! So we can step in and use Digimon stuff as if they were ours!

So, I definately think that Digital type is a good idea! Get Digimon buried!
Offtopic: Actually Bandai Japan has confirmed a new game and series for Digimon in 2005 after so long, the show will be in full 3D this time. I guess it's time to live up to the digital part, but I really don't think a 3D Digimon series is a good idea.

Ontopic: I think Sound and Light would be interesting.

Pine
June 16th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Those japanese noodleheads :P, they keep abusing the 3D stuff, they did it in the 5th movie...it's like they have no self control, so they make cool stuff stupid.

Mewlove
June 16th, 2004, 06:27 PM
noodleheads? Hey, what about string or vine types, natural type, fragrance type, shape type, ball type(attacks as in rollout...) magic type, fairy type or devil type?

OOPS Im not so familiar about this... But giving a suggestion should be ok right?

Frostweaver
June 16th, 2004, 06:34 PM
*brings this back on topic*

Blah... forgot all those space junk... x.x; *arguments shattered*

Anything that I forgot to mention... just what are the "dark" type moves? They aren't "dark" or "evil", just "cheap." Imagine two guys fighting each other and one guy started to suddenly bite the other person... not the most honorable thing to do. Faint attack (I can go on and on about that one, how it's suppose to be feint attack like the TCG but another day) is either a sneak attack, or if it's suppose to be feint attack, then faking out a move and then suddenly attack the opponent with another attack to catch someone off guard... again, not the most honorable thing to do and some considers such action as "cheap." Chasing a lost fighter is also not very heroic, if you compare that to bushido and those japanese stuff... I never studied japanese culture in detail, but I do know that chasing a combattent who already forfeited is not the best thing to do ever... Dark moves are more like "cheap" moves, so... why are we drawing a parallel to "light?" You can say "well if dark moves are actually suppose to be 'cheap,' let's make a 'not-cheap' type!" No... that doesn't work either... because all the other attacks aren't "cheap" in the sense already... well maybe except water spouting Kyogres.

And after thinking about this a little further, I think that rock type should be kept now. A type should be created not because "sounds cool enough to me!" A type is created because...

a) you need something to start with

b) balance of metagame (ex: creation of dark types, to kill psychics)

c) there's too much things in a type already... you need to creat a new type to seperate them so it's not too crowded (ex: ice and water... they're the same thing just in different form: one is solid and the other is liquid. Originally, they should be the same type going under a unified title of either water or ice... however, there's tons of moves for water/ice type then, and there will be too many Pokemon with that element. With so many Pokemon with the same type, then even more Pokemon will become a NU member because someone with the exact same properties/elements will do the job better... so that's why they split up water/ice into 2 different elements... this way, some trainers will consider using Pokemon like Lapras even if Vaporeon is created, because Lapras has the extra ice element while Vaporeon is pure water. The different elements may affect the team.)

Sound type is really the only good suggestions so far... there is already an overflow of normal type Pokemon, and there's tons of moves in the normal type... the new element will create some much needed diversity so that some formerly normal type Pokemon won't be ignored anymore (there's tons of normal type Pokemon overshadowing one another... like how Wigglytuff is barely any different than Clefable... however, with the creation of sound element and changing Wigglytuff to a sound type, then both of those Pokemon maybe used, instead of just "either one or the other"). That's why sound type is a good suggestion...

and btw, I'm only mod over Pokemon RS and Pokemon strategy, so I can't close stuff here even if I want to.

*hoped the above made sense*

Pine
June 16th, 2004, 08:54 PM
Yeah. It made sense.

*Wonders what the heck is wrong with this section's mod and where they are*

Ice demon
June 16th, 2004, 09:09 PM
Makes tons of sense frosty but don't ur hands get tired ^_^
I am still backing light but after frostweavers discourse i may go along with sound as well.

Eliana
June 17th, 2004, 03:06 AM
*thiking* uhhh angel type????? lol

Gyaradical
June 17th, 2004, 03:10 AM
Actually, I think there should be an iron type to rival steel. And by adding one more type called a magnet type my made-up type (Iron) would be weak against it. o.O; But I think that a digital type would suck since there are only two Pokemon made up from a computer.

~Crazy and Lazy,
Gyaradical :17: ~

Shinin
June 17th, 2004, 03:14 AM
i already made a thread like this
here it is (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=9322)
and it was made before this 1

Gyaradical
June 17th, 2004, 03:26 AM
Actually, your thread is a little different from this one as your thread states that you want to MAKE a new type. Here it is just suggested what type of types MIGHT be in the games to come.

~Crazy and lazy,
Gyaradical :17:~

Pine
June 17th, 2004, 08:50 AM
Well, Steel type is just a bad naming of Metal type. The 'steel' type energy card (TCG) says 'Metal' energy, proving my point. But there still remains a type that's weak to steel, there needs to be one...Or maybe not...since pokemon that are steel types also are another type...

Frostweaver
June 17th, 2004, 09:08 AM
Steel type is perfectly balanced... they're super powerful in terms of defenses. Just because steel on the offense sucks doesn't mean that it's unbalanced. Gotta look at the defensive side too.

Grass on the other hand... sucks in both ways x_x;

Pine
June 17th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Heh. Yeah, grass is terrible now that I think about it...:P

jynx
June 18th, 2004, 08:41 AM
noodleheads? Hey, what about string or vine types, natural type, fragrance type, shape type, ball type(attacks as in rollout...) magic type, fairy type or devil type?

OOPS Im not so familiar about this... But giving a suggestion should be ok right?
Noodle heads? Hey, I love noodles!
Japanese people, let me eat you! XD

*No racism is meant in this post*

Anyway, I think 3D would be fun!
--------------------------------------
On topic: new element--3D type <---@_@||||||

PokeGlitch
June 18th, 2004, 08:49 AM
3d element?? i dunno, really only porygon and porygon 2 are 3d
o yea, i made a webpage for sound type.
www.soundtype.tk
please tell me if u like it
and pelase suggest sound type attacks and stuff

jynx
June 18th, 2004, 08:57 AM
Kaa! Don't you think there are too many normal Pokemon?
Time for Porygon line to have a change.

They should divide sea water and fresh water Pokemon too!

swordkirby537
June 18th, 2004, 11:02 AM
I think Plazma type! Thats an element that hasnt been used yet.

Eliana
June 18th, 2004, 11:06 AM
Plazma sounds cooll but what is it exaclty?

PokeGlitch
June 18th, 2004, 11:17 AM
blood is a type of plasma

Eliana
June 18th, 2004, 11:18 AM
*shudders* OH! PLASMA! i think we leanred about that in scince...how woud a pokemon be that though?

PokeGlitch
June 18th, 2004, 03:07 PM
yea..i want to know that too
there really arent any liquid pokemon
and plasma...well its hard to explain, but i dont think that could happen
and..if there was a sound type..which current opkemon would be a sound type pokemon?? (its for my site, i needa update)

Frostweaver
June 18th, 2004, 03:54 PM
and Pokemon needs no reason, logic or science... If Pokemon is so logical, then there will be 50 thousand threads discussing "How do scientists in the Pokemon world measure the weight of Dugtrio so accurately?"

Regarding new types... I'm keeping my stand...

Chubraidermon
June 19th, 2004, 10:20 AM
how about a Rubber type? it would work pretty well against lightning....and be weak against fire.

PokeGlitch
June 19th, 2004, 02:19 PM
what pokes would be rubber?

MysticGrandpaGohan
June 25th, 2004, 07:02 AM
How about Mechanical types? Kind of like Mewtwo with that mechanical suit.
But it's permanent.

Pros:
Never ever dies.

Never Eats.

Never Sleeps.

Cons:

Can't breed.

Can't show emotions.

Must have a grey/gray ish colour.

"Post Script": wheres the spelling mistake in my signature??!

Pine
June 25th, 2004, 03:30 PM
Hey, I'm back!

Oh, and your spelling mistake is the word "centrillion" :P

PokeGlitch
June 27th, 2004, 07:21 PM
hey, what about a soft/hard type????

o yea, u forgot some commas in ur sig.
aha! you also spelt because wrong
Hello, this is my signature. It is pointless. Do not read this unless you are bored out of your skull and have absolutely nothing to do. This signature is a waste of space and time. Please stop reading this because I am wasting your valuable time in which if you had a super jetpack and flew somewhere to buy a lottery ticket you might of won 1 centrillion dollars but you didn't beacuse you don't have a super jetpack and you are wasting your time reading this becuase you are bored out of your skull and have absolutely nothing to do. Now find the spelling mistake I wrote in my signature. I'm sure you'll find nothing that has been mispelled.
booya

Mew13
June 28th, 2004, 03:22 PM
What about Wind types? They could have attacks like Tornado, Whirlwind, Chilly Breeze, Warm Wind, and you could even lump Gust into there!

As for Pokemon that could be wind types..... I'll have to get back to you on that.

PokeGlitch
June 29th, 2004, 05:51 AM
we already suggested wind type
lol

Daniel
June 29th, 2004, 06:12 AM
What about light? We have dark so why not light? :)

Mew13
June 29th, 2004, 03:21 PM
That's a good idea! I thought about that when they introduced the Dark Type..... perhaps there will be some Light Types in the next wave of Pocket Monsters!

Pine
June 30th, 2004, 06:54 PM
Dang it, read earlier posts to see why frostweaver and I disproved the need of a light type.

Raichu_tamer
June 30th, 2004, 09:39 PM
Um The word spelled incorrectly is "Mispelled", it should be spelled "Misspelled" XD I think that there isn't really much need for new types. Although it would be interesting, it's not one of my main priorities-we wouldn't want them to become unoriginal, right? But since we're on the subject, what about a wood type? (Sorry if it's already been mentioned XD) Like, strong against water, rock, and ground, ,and weak against electric and fire... Kinda like grass, huh? I think the idea of a rubber type was pretty neat to whoever brough that up, to me it seems like a normal pokemon with advantages though XD Maybe there should be sub-types? Like a Grass pokemon with a wood sub-type, so it would be weak against Electric pokemon, not like pure-bred grass pokemon who would be strong against it. Maybe a steel pokemon with a mechanical sub-type, flying with a wind sub-type, etc...

Pine
July 1st, 2004, 05:47 AM
Hmm...no, it should be more elemental. Although they don't all have correct names, flying used to be wind/air and grass used to be nature (like plants and stuff) but they made some last minute descisions (possibly to make it more catchy).

And why is it important to tell us how to spell 'misspelled'?

Raichu_tamer
July 1st, 2004, 10:15 AM
"Post Script": wheres the spelling mistake in my signature??! If the types were elemental, what would the names of the types be? I can only think of...
Bug
Dark-Evil
Dragon
Electric-Thunder/Same
Fighting
Fire-Same
Flying-Wind
Ghost-Spirit
Grass-Nature
Ground/Rock-Earth (what would the other one be called? O.o)
Ice-Same?
Normal
Poison
Psychic-Mind
Steel-Metal
Water-Same

What would the others be called? :confused:

Frostweaver
July 1st, 2004, 02:48 PM
PLEASE do not refer dark to evil and evil to dark... refer to earlier posts as suggested before =/

Dark- "black"
Bug
Dragon
Electric (keep it so it doesn't get confused with the move "Thunder")
Fire
Flying -> Wind (should be renamed, but no need to start a new type called Wind)
Ghost -> Spirit (agree... the term spirit isn't as negative as ghost, and certainly even further away from 'evil')
Grass (keep it as grass because nature will include water and bug and so on)
Ground (Pokemon world is on earth, and to be specific, Japan... so why name an element after the name of the planet)
Rock (rock and ground are different)
Normal
Poison
Psychic (not mind please... tha'ts like saying all the other types that aren't mind types are stupid or something)
Steel -> Metal (even TCG says so... plus steel is a type of metal so what the heck)
Water

All the ones without suggestion should be kept the same to me... only a few can get some rewordings.

Raichu_tamer
July 1st, 2004, 02:51 PM
Very good points Frostweaver! I still don't understand how there could be more types without altering the originality of the game. As-is, the names of the types suit the theme/atmosphere of the series, it would bne pretty neat though to see how pokemon would be if the developers treated it with more "maturity".

Pine
July 1st, 2004, 06:53 PM
Raichu tamer, I told you to refer to the exact same thing earlier, why did you act as if I didn't say anything when you go on with the dark=evil thing?

Raichu_tamer
July 1st, 2004, 07:50 PM
Sorry Pine, I didn’t refer to the previous posts. I don’t post much in this part of the board often, and I wasn’t expecting to come back to the thread, sorry about that.

Pine
July 1st, 2004, 08:18 PM
It's okay, I was just hoping it wasn't voluntary, because some people just don't like listening to me...but let's not get into that...

Frostweaver
July 1st, 2004, 08:32 PM
actually PC is always a bit terrible at reading... our members' average reading level is at most gr.2 because they can't read plenty of things... like sometimes there's this big big red sticky up there saying "codes and cheating device" and they start 10 billion new threads asking info for codes and cheating devices... x_X; we really suck at reading official stuff unless the world "hiring mods" are in it.

just to remind those who didn't join us from the start, the idea of Sound type is still the best so far.

Pine
July 1st, 2004, 08:54 PM
Hmm...I ususally read as much as I can...but maybe that's just me...and probably why it's so annoying to me when others don't...but oh well...

Oh, and frostweaver, noting that we had a good discussion going on earlier about light/dark and all that, I thought you might want to check something I found when doing a bit of hacking, and I thought you'd find interesting...Check my Light White and Space Black (I had Arcanine reopen it from my DC trip) thread and read my last post...

Eliana
July 5th, 2004, 05:11 PM
Omgd i just thought about one: rubber but when i go to this topic lo and behold its the very first post there! :D how about glass?