PDA

View Full Version : What was the first pokemon you ever got?

SatoshiLuver
August 26th, 2007, 05:08 PM
I posted this thread justto sorta see what the first pokemon people ever got in a game was. That includes starters.
THe very first pokemon i ever got in a game was my Cyndaquil on my pokemon silver version =] Its now a level 98 Typhlosion(i really should train it those last 2 levels). =]

Pokemon#1Fan
August 26th, 2007, 06:13 PM
same here lol. i got a Cyndaquil also. :)

bgt
August 26th, 2007, 07:03 PM
For one, I don't see the point behind this thread, also, furthermore, it belongs in Pokemon General, not other Pokemon Games.

Zulen
August 26th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Excluding starters?

First starter I picked was Charmander in Red Version, because at a young age, naturally, I had an obsession with dinosaurs. The next one I got was a Rattata (I used Tackle over and over to beat Brock's Onix, as I was too young to understand the concept of "elements") and I kept the Raticate throughout the entire game, owning people with it's super-powerful Hyper Fang and Super Fang.

Myoko-chan
August 26th, 2007, 07:22 PM
My Pikachu in Yellow. Those were the good days. Yes.

newjacksm
August 26th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Excluding starters?

First starter I picked was Charmander in Red Version, because at a young age, naturally, I had an obsession with dinosaurs. The next one I got was a Rattata (I used Tackle over and over to beat Brock's Onix, as I was too young to understand the concept of "elements") and I kept the Raticate throughout the entire game, owning people with it's super-powerful Hyper Fang and Super Fang.

Yo same exact thing on Raticate haha Hyperfang and Superfang pwned everyone and everything

I started out with Bulbasaur got a pidgy and rattata and I was set for the whole freakin game!

Crimson Arcanine
August 26th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Charmander on my olde Blue version.

I did know much back then, and I wasn't a huge fan on the starters at all (These days i'm rather fond of Charizard), but it was the second and fourth pokemon I ever used that catapulted me into playing it almost religously. Those pokemon were Rattata and Pikachu.

The Overlord
August 26th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Bulbasaur Blue version 1998.

Dead Pool Avenged
August 26th, 2007, 08:39 PM
The first pokemon i ever got was Charmander.

AztecSunshine
August 26th, 2007, 09:18 PM
a mudkip in my first game sapphire than i cought a ralts right after i reached where i can catch ^_^ those ware good days :3

Bathing Ape
August 26th, 2007, 09:47 PM
my first ever Pokemon was Charmander

the first Pokemon i ever caught was an Abra, i remember it well because i had Charmander and Abra trained up to level 26 each, not had them evolved and i was trying to beat Surge and struggled badly because i was too stubborn to catch an ugly rock pokemon :embarrass

brotlov
August 26th, 2007, 09:48 PM
my first one was a pikachu, way back when yellow was the latest thing

Gold Tom
August 26th, 2007, 11:23 PM
In Red I started with Squirtle, caught a Pikachu in Viridian Forest and then caught no Pokemon until Snorlax.(Yay! Snorlax!)

In Gold I started with Cyndaquil, and then had my friends trade me eggs of the other two. I then only added an Eevee, now an Umbreon.

In Ruby, I started with Treecko, traded in a Torchic and then only ever caught Shiny Zubat afterwards.

Allen K.
August 27th, 2007, 12:00 AM
Charmander and then a Weedle near the viridian forest... When it evolved into Beedril I was so happy x).

RYOUKI
August 27th, 2007, 12:17 AM
I think it was between Mudkip and Torchic...
Oh yeah right, Mudkip!
I couldn't beat May so Yeah, I switched it into Torchic!
And I caught: A Lotad as my first Pokemon in Emerald :<

Kotowari
August 27th, 2007, 01:07 AM
Either Totodile or Cyndaquil on my Silver game. Silver was my first game ever. ^_^
Next Pokemon would probably be Pidgey or Hoothoot.

Django0
August 27th, 2007, 01:27 AM
a charmander on fire red...

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 27th, 2007, 05:42 AM
my Bulbasuar in Pokemon Red

:t354:TG

Concorde
August 27th, 2007, 06:13 AM
First starter: Charmander from Green Version with messed up translation. Lol, wait, there were NO translation, but randomization ._."
First caught: Pidgey or Rattata in the same game.

Leon K. Fox
August 27th, 2007, 06:45 AM
My Pikachu in Pokemon Yellow, god how I miss that game ;_;

Apathetic_Yen
August 27th, 2007, 11:19 AM
My Cyndaquil in Silver and then a Weedle because I wanted the coolest bug pokemon ever, Beedrill.

♥~*Abby*~♥
August 27th, 2007, 11:21 AM
my cyndaquil in gold. now its a level 68 typlosion.

SatoshiLuver
August 27th, 2007, 05:27 PM
=D i got bunches of replies. i think the first one i ever caught was sentret... it took me a whole month to get to cherrygrove in my silver version. lol. i was only like...5 at the time ^^' that place was like a freaking maze to me!! by the time i got through my cyndaquil was on an abnormally gigh level for that point in the game XD

Rioku_Zanketa
August 27th, 2007, 05:34 PM
including:Bulbasaur....yeap, the NO.1 pokemon!

excluding: pikachu....very lucky, as he's pretty rare in that forest.

PoisonOwnzYou
August 28th, 2007, 10:51 AM
My very first pokemon was squirtle in red. Then I caught a pidgey and it was my favourite pokemon. And this was when i was like 6 so it was my only pokemon.=P It was lvl 40 at Lt. Surge, then i got gold and forgot about red.

Went
August 28th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Bulbasaur... and then a Pidgey, in my super-used blue. Good old times.

waveguidebuizel
August 29th, 2007, 05:42 PM
The first Pokémon I ever got was Totodile in the Gold version I shared with my brother.

Chaolin
August 29th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Bulbasaur in Blue Version! I still remember his moveset and the hardships we endured to this very day. :)

BassFace
August 29th, 2007, 07:24 PM
My first Pokemon was Charmander on my sister's Red Version. I originally wanted to pick Bulbasaur because I had heard that Bulbasaur was good for beginners, but my sister told me that Bulbasaur was her favourite and I couldn't pick it as long as I was playing her game. So I picked Charmander instead. This was way back in 1998.
I think some of the other Pokemon I trained back in the early game files were, for the most part, basic run-of-the-mill wild Pokemon - i.e. Rattata, Pidgey, Butterfree, Oddish...

Craig²
August 29th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Torchic from Pokemon Ruby. I didn't exactly come in at the start of the series, I was a bit late. But he just..Well, I don't consider him my real first Pokemon for many reasons..

Ayano Katagiri
August 29th, 2007, 11:15 PM
My first was Squritle from Pokemon Blue, which was soon followed by Pidgey. I never really played Pokemon back then though, so that time wasn't really my first "proper" play through until many months later when I picked it back up and had Pikachu in Yellow.

Umi Ryuzaki
August 30th, 2007, 03:56 PM
a torchic from sapphire was my first pokemon

Tamaki
August 30th, 2007, 04:56 PM
my very first pokemon was a totodile in gold version ^^

Sweet Candace
August 30th, 2007, 05:02 PM
Squritle, Pidgey and Pikachu n my Red, those three ruled together along with three others that I changed around

Azonic
August 30th, 2007, 05:33 PM
I picked Treecko on my Ruby Version.

msdmario
August 30th, 2007, 05:54 PM
My first one was Squirtle in my Blue version. When I first started playing Pokemon, the only Pokemon I raised was that Squirtle and I managed to beat the game with it. I had other HM slaves to help me get pass some areas.

Wheelz4speed
August 30th, 2007, 05:56 PM
charmander in pokemon blue
ive played ever since then
i own blue, sapphire, silver, leaf green, diamond, colusium

Ichikool
August 30th, 2007, 06:03 PM
My first game was Silver [I was late with games], and my first starter was Totodile. Three of may favorite Pokemon today are Totodile, Crocinaw, and Feraligatr.
I miss that game so much, desu....

Mr.Person
August 30th, 2007, 06:32 PM
My first was Charmander on the Red version. I got the fire red version to and tranfered the charmander he has the same as the first to he is still with me :)

Jake
August 30th, 2007, 06:57 PM
Pikachu in Yellow version. I traded it to my Brother's Blue and Evolved it. Then I traded it back and trained it to level 100.

AnimeDDR110
August 30th, 2007, 07:40 PM
charmander in red. that was everyone's favorite pokemon back then!

KingOfClubs
August 30th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Bulba, but I caught a nidoran female, and it became my starter in blue. I even eventually ditched the venusaur. My nidoqueen was body slammin, blizzarding, mega kicking. Oh yah, those were the days :P.

Shadow Chaos
August 30th, 2007, 08:29 PM
The first Pokemon I got was Charmander in Red Version! Good ol' days!

~Swish~
August 30th, 2007, 11:50 PM
Pikachu was my first ever Pokemon from the lovely Yellow game! I even remember the first Pokemon I ever caught, a Pidgey! It never left my team and ended up something like a level 80 Pidgeot.

DarkGreg
August 31st, 2007, 07:10 AM
My squirtle in my Pokemon Blue, we had good times.

spike6958
August 31st, 2007, 08:41 AM
The first Pokemon i ever got was Pikachu in my good old Pokemon Yellow

Incinermyn
August 31st, 2007, 09:10 AM
First Pokemon I ever got was Chikorita in my copy of Silver.

The Infinite Devil Machine
August 31st, 2007, 09:57 AM
My Pikachu in Yellow. I wuvs him. I remember trying to force feed him a thunderstone. Good times...

~Swish~
August 31st, 2007, 10:16 AM
My Pikachu in Yellow. I wuvs him. I remember trying to force feed him a thunderstone. Good times...

Haha didn't we all try that! Yellow brings back gooooood memories.

martauros
August 31st, 2007, 10:48 AM
My firs was totodil in Gold, (now Feraligatr lv.91) First i caught was spearow on route 46.
In emerald Treeko( sceptil lv.78), First I caught was wurmple
In FR charmanter & pidgey
In diamond chimchar & kreeketot(or somehow XD)

Yes first caught brings good memories *take a deeeeeeeeep breath*

Just Darth
August 31st, 2007, 11:37 AM
mine was a toto on gold I sucked at it then for gym 1 I had a pidgeotto lvl 19 and Croiconaw lvl 20 I thought they were good like on the anime

Willbey
September 1st, 2007, 08:57 AM
Charmander, Firered version, Now it's a Lv100 Charizard.

Ichida
September 1st, 2007, 09:01 AM
Um, Squirtle, I guess, back on an old Blue Version ROM.

SilencedShooter
September 1st, 2007, 09:47 AM
Squirtle in my old red version.

rockman X
September 1st, 2007, 09:52 AM
my first pokemon was squirtle...in blue version.

Espeon Master
September 1st, 2007, 10:26 AM
Squirtle in my Blue version.

TwilightBlade
September 1st, 2007, 10:42 AM
Uhh first one was Beachball the Squirtle in Blue... ;D

ellishall123
September 1st, 2007, 11:28 AM
mine was bulby the bulbasaur on pokemon green which got took over by pokemon yellow i think

Obito.
September 1st, 2007, 11:54 AM
it was a charmander in fire red

Jordan
September 1st, 2007, 12:15 PM
Torchic in Pokemon Sapphire. Other than that a Zigzagoon or a Tailow (can't remember which)

Jordan.

Blayze
September 1st, 2007, 12:39 PM
Mine was, Pyre, the Charmander on the original Red version. I still have him, he's a level 100 Charizard now. :classic:

Grovyle42(Griff8416)
September 1st, 2007, 01:59 PM
I'm PRETTY sure that it was Charmander in Pokemon Red. It might have been Squirtle, though.

Mewtwo42
September 1st, 2007, 09:03 PM
It was Pikachu in Yellow Version. I remember, because it was my kindergarden graduation, and I got a Purple-see-thru GBC and Yellow Version. It made me soooo happy that I got it. I never really got too good at it.

Charizard-lord
September 1st, 2007, 11:13 PM
Mine was a Charmander on the original Red, and that's how it all began...

stella
September 2nd, 2007, 09:54 AM
I think the first Pokemon I caught myself was Pikachu.My brother gave me his red version which he had a whole team set up for.Since I really liked Pikachu at the time, I went to go catch it and train it to a high level.I felt cool for playing a Pokemon game for the first time.

pokenutjob
September 2nd, 2007, 12:30 PM
my first was bulbasaur or squirtle i am leaning more toward bulbasaur
for blue version

i still remember my first team. which was raichu, articuno, venasaur, mewtwo, eh.. i want to say lapras and i frogot the last but i use to make mewtwo do 3 amnesias and then use recover and use psychic . it was a one hit knock out. oh to be young again sigh*

Jorah
September 2nd, 2007, 12:47 PM
Mine was Squirtle in Red, I picked it because I liked his cry best. The first one I caught was Pidgey. I didn't like Ratatta so I didn't use it.

Hawks
September 2nd, 2007, 01:52 PM
Aipom.. c'mon! he's a monkey! :D

(Yeah, Tododile was my 1st, but I soon traded Aipom ^^)

kydl
September 2nd, 2007, 02:37 PM
squirtle in blue O.o lvl100 now

7rial 0F Doom
September 3rd, 2007, 02:25 AM
Blue version: Charmander(my very first Pokemon ever)
Yellow: Pikachu
Silver: Totodile
Ruby: Treecko
FireRed: Squirtle
Emerald: Treecko
Diamond: Turtwig

Radikaru
September 3rd, 2007, 09:20 AM
Squirtle in Green, since I imported it. xD

Poke Power
September 3rd, 2007, 09:47 AM
Pikachu! Pokemon Yellow Version was my very first Pokemon game and it was one of my very first video games ever.