PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever noticed?

Obito.
August 28th, 2007, 04:09 PM
All the Professors in pokemon (except Namba) are named after trees!

Azonic
August 28th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Ya just noticed that?

All the professors were named after trees

All the cities in Kanto are named after colors(except Pallet, which is the Paint Pallet)

Snowpoint City is shaped like a snowflake.

all that jazz

Obito.
August 29th, 2007, 01:26 AM
Pallet isnt a city. its a town!

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 29th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Yea I noticed that like a long time ago. Pretty much everyone did as well

:t354:TG

J.M.
August 29th, 2007, 09:29 AM
Yes you are a bit late ^_^

Never realised the Kanto cities though

Sweet Candace
August 29th, 2007, 11:15 AM
New Bark, Magohany, Blackthorn, Littleroot, and Fortree are all named after trees, too

Kotowari
August 29th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Johto's towns are plants/trees. ^_^

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 29th, 2007, 12:39 PM
Mahogany Town, Violet City, Blackthorn, goldenrod City have something to do with colors

:t354:TG

Seremiya
August 29th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Yep, I noticed. It's pretty much old news now. ^^ Anyone figure out the pattern for D/P yet? I haven't played it in so long...

brotlov
August 29th, 2007, 02:07 PM
I think that D/P are just random, unless somone can think of somthing that Pastoria City and Snowpoint City have in common, then it's just random

waveguidebuizel
August 29th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Ecruteak and Cianwood are combinations of a color and a type of wood, but Olivine is a gem...

Sweet Candace
August 29th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Olivine was probably named from Olive Oil

Scarlet Weather
August 30th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Olivine isn't olive oil, it's an olive tree. All towns in G/S/C are tree/plant references, similar to the proffessors. (In the original Japanese, the professors are all named after flowers, btw. Or at least, Oak is Orchid-Hakase.) Anyway, the I think the pattern for D/P and R/S/E is objects found in or references to nature. Of course, Jubilife City flies right in my face and slaps it silly after this statement, so maybe they've decided to break up the pattern, or at least make it harder to figure out. :/

Willbey
August 31st, 2007, 09:51 AM
I noticed it, it's weird stuff.

Craig²
September 1st, 2007, 12:51 AM
Heh, you're a bit late, but who am I to talk? I only recently figured out Ash's last name 'Ketchum' was really 'Catch em' in disguise. xD

brotlov
September 1st, 2007, 01:17 AM
Heh, you're a bit late, but who am I to talk? I only recently figured out Ash's last name 'Ketchum' was really 'Catch em' in disguise. xD

lol, i figured that out only a year ago, there are probaly a fair amount of things that are linked together, we just need to find them