PDA

View Full Version : Animal -> Pokemon?

KingOfClubs
August 28th, 2007, 04:52 PM
It pokemon world, pokemon are pretty well animals. Like people fish for magikarp, and bug catchers catch butterfree. I realized that Johto covered most of the common animals, and Hoenn did the rest. Sinnoh didn't really cover any... Except for Penguin I guess, but delibird is like a penguin. Can you guys think of any COMMON animals that haven't been made into a pokemon. I don't mean specific pokemon, so don't say like, the Eurasian Speckle-Bellied Goose (Made up animal...).

Concorde
August 28th, 2007, 11:42 PM
A moose wasn't turned into a pokemon yet (yeah, we have Stantler, but it's a deer, and that's a difference xP), I haven't seen also any gryphons (I don't know what about Lati, they are more fusions of a swan and a plane, or whatever else).

Me2UJus4Free
August 29th, 2007, 12:08 AM
Um... I don't think there are any Pokemon based on Eurasian Lynxes.

Gold Tom
August 29th, 2007, 12:28 AM
What about the humble Zebra?

Apathetic_Yen
August 29th, 2007, 12:34 AM
No dolphins, no Gorillas I think, no Bandicoots, no wolverines I think, no Centipedes, no squid, and not much extinct dinosaur pokemon.

Me2UJus4Free
August 29th, 2007, 01:02 AM
No dolphins, no Gorillas I think, no Bandicoots, no wolverines I think, no Centipedes, no squid, and not much extinct dinosaur pokemon.

I think Slacking is somewhat based on gorillas. And a Pokemon based on wolverines is a really bad idea.

~Strawberry Vulpix~
August 29th, 2007, 06:38 AM
How about a guinea pig? The squid and dolphin I agree with too. Or a humming bird?
~:t037: ~

star6phoenix9
August 29th, 2007, 06:49 AM
There's no Pokemon based on the common house fly. I want a maggot Pokemon that evolves into a fly Pokemon! They could be called Magby and Flygon! Oh, wait...

Cosmic Tyrant
August 29th, 2007, 07:28 AM
I like the Moose Idea. But I say Anteaters, Vultures, and Koalas need a run in the pokemon world.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 29th, 2007, 08:23 AM
certain types of Testudines (those are Turtles and Tortoise) well I dont even think of the list I was looking at look nothing like a Squirlte

:t354:TG

Espeon Master
August 29th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Isn't Gorebyss a dolphin? ...Maybe not..another one would still be nice

No Leopard, Meerkat, Turkey, Flamingo.

And I know this one isn't a common animal, but a bombardier beetle Pokemon would be awesome

coachwhipneoship
August 29th, 2007, 10:54 AM

And I know this one isn't a common animal, but a bombardier beetle Pokemon would be awesome

Gorebyss is more like an eel, IMO.
Edit: Checked Bulbapedia real fast. Yep, Gorebyss could be sorta like a Hagfish, like Barboach, but more like a Narrownose Chimaera. Sort of eel-ish type animals.

Hmm...that's a really hard question actually. I was going to say maybe a catfish, but no, there's Whiscash...
what about a sea urchin or something? O.o I dunno, I'm thinking along the lines of sea creatures because I feel like land creatures might be kind of exhausted, but there's always some kind of bizarre thing living in the ocean that maybe hasn't really been done yet in some way, shape, or form. XD

August 29th, 2007, 12:46 PM
isn't Cradily and Lileep kind of like Sea creatures?

coachwhipneoship
August 29th, 2007, 01:02 PM
:sigh: Good point...Cradily and Lileep are sorta like urchin-type creatures...
I'm kinda stumped. They've pokified almost everything, or there's some pokemon comparable to most other things I'm thinking of.

nosferatu
August 30th, 2007, 03:25 AM
really there is heaps of animal there havent done you know what there should do they should make a parascite type and the you could have fleas lice and then thtere is normal animals koalas lions tigers zebras lemings (lol) polar bears and heaps more

Concorde
August 30th, 2007, 06:23 AM
isn't Cradily and Lileep kind of like Sea creatures?

Yes, it is - it's a sea lily. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_lily

And I haven't seen any Pegasus too...

August 30th, 2007, 10:50 AM
it would be great to see a Pegasus type looking Pokemon and make it Normal/Flying or Psychic/Flying

KingOfClubs
August 30th, 2007, 10:53 AM
lol nice guys! I thought this thread just died :P. BTW, Typhlosion is a wolverine/weasel.

Pikachu2007
August 30th, 2007, 12:52 PM

Gorebyss is actually a sea dragon. I haven't seen a peafowl Pokemon yet, but it'd be nice to have one. I'd like at least some more elephants, too. But I'd like to see some clownfish, sea anomones, water bears, and some more snakes ccould be cool, and if there is a new snake coming soon, I don't want it to be a part Poison type because only 10% of snake species are venomous.

KingOfClubs
August 30th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Sentret furret and linoone are kind of liek meercats...

Darkjagwar
August 31st, 2007, 07:44 PM
Kangaskhan is supposed to be kangaroo-ish but come on, like anyone will believe that's a kangaroo. srsly. no Lion pokémon. no sponge pokémon either. the only birds they've covered are pidgeons (really big pidgeons), sparrows, owls, phoenixes, chickens, and whatever skarmory is supposed to be. we want some eagles and falcons!!! yea!!!

AztecSunshine
August 31st, 2007, 08:29 PM
Kangaskhan is supposed to be kangaroo-ish but come on, like anyone will believe that's a kangaroo. srsly. no Lion pokémon. no sponge pokémon either. the only birds they've covered are pidgeons (really big pidgeons), sparrows, owls, phoenixes, chickens, and whatever skarmory is supposed to be. we want some eagles and falcons!!! yea!!!

not realy, they are many more birds that are coverd here is the list of ALL the birds i can think of:
ducks
owls
sparrows
bidgeons
chickins
phoenixes
parrots
Ostrichs
crows
cranes(skarmory is a crane)
seagulls
pelicans
barn swallows

those are takin from http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Category:Flying-type_Pok%C3%A9mon

Portujesus
August 31st, 2007, 08:40 PM
An elephant :D
That would rule.

brotlov
August 31st, 2007, 08:49 PM
An elephant :D
That would rule.

They have a wooly mammoth
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa473.png
That's kind of like an Elephant

Pikachu2007
August 31st, 2007, 09:01 PM
And Phanpy and Donphan, too!

brotlov
August 31st, 2007, 09:11 PM
And Phanpy and Donphan, too!

That's right, i forgot about those 2

star6phoenix9
September 1st, 2007, 05:08 PM
no Lion pokémon.

Shinx, Luxio, and Luxray anyone?

melod.ii ous demyx~♪
September 1st, 2007, 05:22 PM
There's no Pokemon based on the common house fly. I want a maggot Pokemon that evolves into a fly Pokemon! They could be called Magby and Flygon! Oh, wait...

That's hilarious really~ xD;

Anyways, I'd love a tiger Pokemon. A cute little guy~ (not like Raikou... even though I guess that's what it is, in a way)

Awe, and a swordfish or a shrimp would be cool too!

A Hedgehog for sure! cute~

Espeon Master
September 1st, 2007, 05:52 PM
Ah, a swordfish would be awesome!

brotlov
September 1st, 2007, 07:02 PM
Ah, a swordfish would be awesome!

they already have one, see:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa368.pngGorebyss

KingOfClubs
September 1st, 2007, 07:52 PM
and hedgehog is Shaymin...

Ichikool
September 1st, 2007, 08:01 PM
I agree, desu, we do need some dolphin Pokemon.

Pikachu2007
September 2nd, 2007, 03:59 PM
Yeah, we do.

Some water bears would be cool. Here's a pic of one:
http://www.astrographics.com/GalleryPrints/Display/GP2111.jpg

For those of you that don't know, water bears are practically invincible. If thier habitat isn't suitible for them (they live ANYWHERE where there's moss or lichen!) , then they hibernate until it is suitible. When in this state, they lose about 99% of thier body water, retract their legs, and enter a state of suspended animation. While in this state, they can survive tempratures as hot as 300 degrees F and as cold as -450 degrees F, 1000 times more radiation than we can sustain, and even the vacuum of space! What's even more amazing is that they can stay like this for as long as 120 years!

Good idea, no? :)

Azonic
September 2nd, 2007, 05:56 PM
Electric eels, I made a fakemon like that

Ummm... Lobster Pokemon I'd like to see XDD

Poketto Kunoichi
September 2nd, 2007, 06:02 PM
Corphish or Crawdaunt?

I think a platypus Pokemon would be cool. But the duck would be it's base, and it'd be water/ground type. XD

Always and Never
September 2nd, 2007, 07:03 PM
A millipede pokemon. It would be sick to look at, but at least they don't have one yet.

KingOfClubs
September 2nd, 2007, 07:20 PM
drapion is kind of like a millipede, a scorpion I know....

Eternal Nightmare
September 2nd, 2007, 07:29 PM
Let's not forget that not all pokemon are based
of animals (Mr/Mrs. Mime, Jynx).
Their is no Spider pokemon either.

-ChronicNightmare-

Pikachu2007
September 2nd, 2007, 07:58 PM
We have Spinarak and Ariados. :)

How about tarsiers?

PrinceSushi
September 2nd, 2007, 08:11 PM
There needs to be a better toad pokemon.I don't believe politoed or croagunk are toads per say. I want a bumpy/warty pokemn.:cheeky:

Hmm, a frilled dragon would be cool as well.

Eternal Nightmare
September 3rd, 2007, 06:55 AM
We have Spinarak and Ariados. :)

How about tarsiers?

Yikes! I completly forgot about those two.
Well their is no gopher pokemon.

-ChronicNightmare-

Poketto Kunoichi
September 3rd, 2007, 07:48 AM
PrinceSushi, isn't that what Kingdra is =P?

There should be a cute little fuzzball Pokemon who's base stats add up to 550. :D (most small Pokemon are weak, so they should make one that can eat your team alive)

Smarties-chan
September 3rd, 2007, 08:26 AM
What they really need is a llama Pokémon. I'd use it no matte what (*gasp* yes, even if it had sucky base stats and movepool. =O) just because it's a llama. <3 I also agree with whoever said platypus.
no Lion pokémon.
Entei says otherwise and I suppose Luxray is kinda lion-ish as well.

Azonic
September 3rd, 2007, 08:38 AM
Heh, Shinx may be a Sphinx pokemon

But thats what they should really make, a Sphinx pokemon.

Also a futuristic like pokemon, that would be cool.

Znale
September 3rd, 2007, 10:26 AM
There should be Pokemon based on mythical beasts such as a Pegasus, Unicorn or even a some kind of a Genie in a lamp. I also like the platypus, hummingbird and llama suggestions. But as for real animals, my suggestions are kangaroo, goat, tiger and rabbit. There probably already exist some of those but anyway, those are my ideas.

EDIT* Raikou may be a tiger but I'll still stick with that... =))

spam
September 3rd, 2007, 11:35 AM
^ Ummm... I think Buneary/Lopunny take over the rabbits while Kangaskahn is a knagaroo.

Large cats like lions, tigers, and cougars are definitely needed.
Otters, anenomes, and buffalos need to be in the next gen. as well.

Pikachu2007
September 3rd, 2007, 12:56 PM

There should be a cute little fuzzball Pokemon who's base stats add up to 550. :D (most small Pokemon are weak, so they should make one that can eat your team alive)
Kingdra is supposed to be based on sea dragons, which are like sea horses.

We could use some ant Pokemon.

Blayze
September 3rd, 2007, 01:01 PM
I also agree with whoever said platypus
What about Psyduck and Golduck? They look like platypus pokemon to me.
I agree about there needing to be a llama however. That would be sweet!

SilencedShooter
September 3rd, 2007, 01:05 PM
A mountain goat pokemon. Seems like it could be a decent normal type with good attack.

Quidoo
September 3rd, 2007, 01:11 PM
There should be Pokemon based on mythical beasts such as a Pegasus, Unicorn or even a some kind of a Genie in a lamp.

Rapidash is a unicorn! :)

There definitely should be that sea bear thingy. It's amazing!
How about a baboon! with multi-coloured fire breating buttoks! Hmmm, maybe not.

Or a poison type komodo dragon and an echidna! And an american bison thats got loooads of HP and really slow. And they should make a Bigfoot pokemon, that would be cool. But that isn't really an animal, more like the result of when a man and a chimp got too freindly.:S
There should also be a flying squirrel!

Eternal Nightmare
September 3rd, 2007, 03:06 PM
^ Ummm... I think Buneary/Lopunny take over the rabbits while Kangaskahn is a knagaroo.

Large cats like lions, tigers, and cougars are definitely needed.
Otters, anenomes, and buffalos need to be in the next gen. as well.

Otters: Buizel, Floatzel ( I think)
Buffalo: Tauros

-ChronicNightmare-

SilencedShooter
September 3rd, 2007, 03:21 PM
^ Tauros is a bull. Buffalos are different.

Eos Aduro
September 3rd, 2007, 03:28 PM
They dont have Storks yet, or Hummingbirds yes, simple worms, that sort of thing, lots of bugs in fact.

PrinceSushi
September 3rd, 2007, 06:04 PM

Kindra is a sea horse/sea dragon. A frilled dragon is a land lizard. The most common one is the australian frilled dragon.

Google
australian frilled dragon(Chlamydosaurus kingii)

Portujesus
September 4th, 2007, 03:13 AM
Just to say: Trapinch is a ant lol.

How about a Mosquito monster-like thing?

Hawks
September 4th, 2007, 09:28 AM
tiger
swan
polar bear
mole
wolf
frog

and I can't think of any more :P

PrinceSushi
September 4th, 2007, 10:56 AM
tiger
swan
polar bear
mole
wolf
frog

and I can't think of any more :P

Tiger- Raikou(depends on who you are talking to. I stick with dog, not tiger)
Polar Bear- I'd love to see that!!
mole- eh, sandshrew is kind of like a mole.
wolf- Mightyena?
frog-politoed

Hawks
September 4th, 2007, 11:42 AM
Tiger- Raikou(depends on who you are talking to. I stick with dog, not tiger)
Polar Bear- I'd love to see that!!
wolf- Mightyena?
frog-politoed

Ok, back to my research :D

Me2UJus4Free
September 4th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Yeah, we do.

Some water bears would be cool. Here's a pic of one:
http://www.astrographics.com/GalleryPrints/Display/GP2111.jpg

For those of you that don't know, water bears are practically invincible. If thier habitat isn't suitible for them (they live ANYWHERE where there's moss or lichen!) , then they hibernate until it is suitible. When in this state, they lose about 99% of thier body water, retract their legs, and enter a state of suspended animation. While in this state, they can survive tempratures as hot as 300 degrees F and as cold as -450 degrees F, 1000 times more radiation than we can sustain, and even the vacuum of space! What's even more amazing is that they can stay like this for as long as 120 years!

Good idea, no? :)

Oh, lets call Game Freak and send them that idea! Bug/Psychic Pokemon, FTW!

^ Tauros is a bull. Buffalos are different.

Small difference, they belong to the same family, but a buffalo Pokemon would be lame. They need a Sable Antelope (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sable_Antelope) Pokemon.

Charizard-lord
September 4th, 2007, 12:33 PM
A liger would be cool. Or a crocodile, but maybe they've done that. Other than them they should do Tasmanian devils or lemurs.

MasterWGS
September 4th, 2007, 01:08 PM
More dinosaur based. I know we have the ancient ones, but let's get a stegosaurus or T-rex in there. I'd be happy with a raptor (the dino, not the bird) Pokemon as well!

As for today's animals, I think a poodle of some sort would be good. I also read llama somewhere on here, which would be cool.

Do you think Doduo/Dodrio count as ostriches/emus?

Eternal Nightmare
September 4th, 2007, 01:10 PM

I could be wrong, but isn't Vibrava a mosquito.

A liger would be cool. Or a crocodile, but maybe they've done that. Other than them they should do Tasmanian devils or lemurs.

A lemur pokemon would be awesome maybe a ground/thunder combination.

-ChronicNightmare-

Tabbloza
September 4th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Crocodile - Totodile, Croconaw, and Feralgatr.

A lemur would be cool though, I don't think they've done that. :D

Me2UJus4Free
September 4th, 2007, 01:53 PM

There should be a questoion at the end of your sentence, young man. Anyway, Vibtava is based on the adult form of an Antlion.

spam
September 4th, 2007, 01:57 PM
I believe Vibrava is a dragonfly.

Otters: Buizel, Floatzel ( I think)
Buizel/Floatsel aren't otters, They're weasels. Heck! Their names consist of the words Bouy+Weasel and Float+Weasel.

wolf- Mightyena?Sandshrew is actually a mouse, but Diglett and Dugtrio are moles. Mightyena is actually a heyena. Its name consists of the words Mighty+Heyena.

Me2UJus4Free
September 4th, 2007, 02:10 PM
I believe Vibrava is a dragonfly.

It's an antlion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antlion).

Buizel/Floatsel aren't otters, They're weasels. Heck! Their names consist of the words Bouy+Weasel and Float+Weasel.Otters are just weasels that swim, you know.

Sandshrew is actually a mouse, but Diglett and Dugtrio are moles. Mightyena is actually a heyena. Its name consists of the words Mighty+Heyena.Sandshrews are pangolins (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pangolin). A think the -Shrew part was a dead give away seeing as they are both in the same superorder of launrasiatheria (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laurasiatheria). Digletts are based on Dosojin (http://www.youkaimura.org/dosojin.htm), a friendly road god.

Pikachu2007
September 4th, 2007, 02:43 PM

Trapinch is an antlion larvae. Those things eat ants for breakfeast!

How about some porcupine Pokemon?

Eternal Nightmare
September 4th, 2007, 03:45 PM
There should be a questoion at the end of your sentence, young man. Anyway, Vibtava is based on the adult form of an Antlion.

Sorry mom! Oh! questoion=question. >.<

Um! What about more humanshape pokemon.
What, not all pokemon can be animals.

-chronicNightmare-

Me2UJus4Free
September 4th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Um! What about more humanshape pokemon.
What, not all pokemon can be animals.

Oooh, I know! A monk Pokemon! =D

PrinceSushi
September 5th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Mightyena is actually a heyena. Its name consists of the words Mighty+Heyena.

Thats only its English name. You have to remember it was first called "Guraena" which has nothing to do with hyenas. Even so, it has characteristics of wild canines, the hyena is related to cats/felines and live very different lives compared to canines.

Rivvon
September 5th, 2007, 01:51 PM
I'd really like to see a hummingbird Pokemon, and one based off of a pegasus. Or even a tengu! We need more mythological-animal based Pokemon...

SilencedShooter
September 5th, 2007, 03:00 PM
A griffon pokemon would be pretty cool.

Phazon
September 5th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Aren't Growlithe and Arcanine lions?

waveguidebuizel
September 5th, 2007, 03:23 PM
I'd really like to see a hummingbird Pokemon, and one based off of a pegasus. Or even a tengu! We need more mythological-animal based Pokemon...

Shiftry is based off a tengu.

I agree with the hummingbird idea. That would be cool!

There should be one based off a koala or a panda that's actually black and white.

SilencedShooter
September 5th, 2007, 03:32 PM
Shiftry is based off a tengu.

I agree with the hummingbird idea. That would be cool!

There should be one based off a koala or a panda that's actually black and white.

No.....they're dogs actually.

waveguidebuizel
September 5th, 2007, 04:04 PM
No.....they're dogs actually.

Huh? What are dogs? Koalas and pandas belong to the bear family, I think, if that's what you mean.

SilencedShooter
September 5th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Huh? What are dogs? Koalas and pandas belong to the bear family, I think, if that's what you mean.

My bad....I meant to quote Phazon.

Radikaru
September 5th, 2007, 04:32 PM

Koalas actually are not in the bear family. ;)
They're marsupials, closer to kangaroos.

That said, anyone mention Girafarig yet?

Eos Aduro
September 5th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Pandas are actually being debated as racoons or bears, I think bears personally. And they haven't done Probocuss Monkies yet!!

Me2UJus4Free
September 5th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Pandas are actually being debated as racoons or bears, I think bears personally. And they haven't done Probocuss Monkies yet!!

Pandas have long been disproven as being raccoons. They are true bears, only they haven't evolved as much as other bears. Red pandas are still being debated over. Speaking of bears, there should be a sun bear Pokemon. Solbear will be it's name.

Also, you spelled proboscis monkey wrong.

dragon 122
September 5th, 2007, 09:56 PM
i think the evee and eevee evolution line are dogs
oh and poochyena too
and wailord is a whale(duh!!!)

Me2UJus4Free
September 5th, 2007, 10:06 PM
i think the evee and eevee evolution line are dogs
oh and poochyena too
and wailord is a whale(duh!!!)

Um, what? We know what those Pokemon are based on, but the thread is about animal that have no Pokemon counterpart.

dragon 122
September 5th, 2007, 10:14 PM
Um, what? We know what those Pokemon are based on, but the thread is about animal that have no Pokemon counterpart.

oh sorry
i dont there is a electric eel pokemon

AztecSunshine
September 5th, 2007, 10:21 PM
oh sorry
i dont there is a electric eel pokemon

isen't huntail a electric eel?

Me2UJus4Free
September 5th, 2007, 11:40 PM
isen't huntail a electric eel?

It's either a gulper eel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulper_eel) or a viper fish (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viperfish).

Jubilation
September 6th, 2007, 12:27 AM
I really want a panda pokemon lol that would be cool

AztecSunshine
September 6th, 2007, 12:29 AM
Omg nobody mentions my favorite animal...

A PANDA!

yay spinda :12: thats a panda

Jubilation
September 6th, 2007, 12:31 AM
I wanted a cudly black and white panda *cries*

Btw a LLAMA!

pikachu90
September 6th, 2007, 12:55 AM
Theit should be more mythcal creatures.Like Gryphons sound cool.More elephants or dolphins too.

♥~*Abby*~♥
September 6th, 2007, 01:46 PM
dolphin, moose, and zebra, i think havent been covered. and a real fox would b nice, not just vulpix, who looks nothing lyke a fox.

Kane
September 6th, 2007, 02:05 PM
An Ant.

We have never had an Ant.

Eos Aduro
September 6th, 2007, 02:08 PM
We also havent had stick bugs, flying squirrels, racoons...

Me2UJus4Free
September 6th, 2007, 06:56 PM
dolphin, moose, and zebra, i think havent been covered. and a real fox would b nice, not just vulpix, who looks nothing lyke a fox.

kno pokemon lookz liek ther ani contrpartz lawlz

nosferatu
September 6th, 2007, 07:33 PM
why not make a guinea pig pokemon?

♥~*Abby*~♥
September 7th, 2007, 10:53 AM
a polor bear would b nice.

BurstX
September 8th, 2007, 04:00 AM
We also havent had stick bugs, flying squirrels, racoons...

zigzagoon is a racoon and they should make a gargoyle pokemon