PDA

View Full Version : Do I need the DS Lite?

Flame Claw
August 31st, 2007, 10:38 PM
Well my brother said that I need a DS Lite instead of a normal chunkey DS for it to go to PBR, although he's probably lying. Is this true?

The Overlord
August 31st, 2007, 11:05 PM
Not true the DS and the DSlite have the same wireless function.

Flame Claw
September 1st, 2007, 12:30 AM
Thanks Overlord :)

I don't know where he got the idea from.

Ryu Hoshi
September 1st, 2007, 02:33 AM
mabey he thought because of the diffrent size that it would some how work diffrently as well.regardless.this thread should probally be closed now

Voltagenic
September 1st, 2007, 03:48 AM
Stick with your old DS.

Those Lites ARE NOT durable at all.

Ichida
September 1st, 2007, 06:58 AM
That's why they sell armor for them with those l33t graphical inserts. The DSlite has a better battery, more clearly defined screen, four backlight settings, and a much more compact design. There's a reason they're calling the old one the "DS fatty."

The Real AAA
September 1st, 2007, 07:18 AM
Yeah stick with your old DS because it works on PBR
If you have enough money then you should by a DS Lite.

Ichida
September 1st, 2007, 07:27 AM
Just make sure you transfer your configuration settings if you do step up your gear.

Tri-Force X
September 1st, 2007, 08:12 PM
They are practically the same but I have the ds lite. and you don't need a ds lite. same pretty much.

Flame Claw
September 8th, 2007, 11:16 PM
Guys, I'm KEEPING my old DS. It's pretty pointless wasting money on something I already have

Twilight Itachi X
September 9th, 2007, 02:26 AM
Yeah, it is pointless. My old DS works fine for PBR.

kiler
September 9th, 2007, 04:00 AM
Yeah, it is pointless. My old DS works fine for PBR.

sorry, but it is not useless.

kiler in da crib

Black Ice
September 16th, 2007, 06:52 AM
sorry, but it is not useless.

kiler in da crib

He said pointless, not useless. Stop twisting words around. Their meanings aren't even similar. =/

And how is it not pointless? You used ~$100 for a DS, which has almost everything the DS Lite has. Would you want to waste ANOTHER $130 just for a slightly brighter and more 'clearly defined' screen?

Gachaking
September 17th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Stick with your old DS.

Not to mention, on my DSLite, the touch screen went berserk, and now I can't bake poffins(not like this matters to me, but anyway) or play Ranger, as when I attempt to circle, it usually comes out in some bizarre shape looking like a zigzag appearing nowhere near where I was circling. Not like this matters either, as I've already transferred over my Manaphy, but still..

So yeah, the normal DS for the win!

sims796
September 17th, 2007, 05:08 PM
I'll give my two cents. First of all, they are the same price. Second, I have a lite, and I'm lovin' it (sorry, Mcdonald is on). It is brighter, and the mic is placed properly. However, if you own the original, there is no point in buying the lite.

Shiraishi
September 17th, 2007, 06:01 PM
The Original is fragile D:< I think my top screen is about to break off. But Gamestop doesn't know that >=D

~NeonFire~
September 18th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Stick with your old DS.

Actually, I prefer the DS Lite. It seems fairly durable to me.

spike6958
September 18th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Not to mention, on my DSLite, the touch screen went berserk, and now I can't bake poffins(not like this matters to me, but anyway) or play Ranger, as when I attempt to circle, it usually comes out in some bizarre shape looking like a zigzag appearing nowhere near where I was circling. Not like this matters either, as I've already transferred over my Manaphy, but still..

So yeah, the normal DS for the win!

The screen on my normal ds stopped working completely, the ds lite is much better.

Dymin
September 18th, 2007, 05:19 PM
I have both the original DS and DS Lite they work completely fine. How did the screens get messed up?

Gachaking
September 18th, 2007, 05:40 PM
I dunno, I just can't seem to draw loops on it(it comes out as a zigzag about 3 inches away from where I was circling 99% of the time) unless I shove the styler about ten times against the touch screen, at which point the Pokemon I'm trying to capture(if we're speaking of Pokemon Ranger that is) either runs away or eats away completely at my HP(and I've got almost 50 of 'em) or my Poffin burns..about 5 times!

Jack_Maddocks
September 18th, 2007, 11:10 PM
There are differences but its a waste of money to have both

Hiroshi Sotomura
September 18th, 2007, 11:47 PM
Has this thread been going a little farfetched.

If you want to argue about the DS Lite, go to the Other Games forum.