The sky, the trees, the animals, the sea
Why are they so far away from me?
Last, the sea, there's a reflection of me
But there's pollution as far as the eye can see

Everything is far, far away from me
Greatest loss is my self-esteem
Please, nature, come, if you may
Just please, don't stay far away..

I take as much criticism as needed. I want to improve my poetry by a great deal. Personally, my views, are that the repetition can be somewhat bothering and such. The only problem that I have with it.

I will be writing more poems shortly, very much nature related. Also somewhat to myself(the self-esteem part). This is just the first version so far. I will be thinking up additional poems to connect with this one later on.

And be completely honest here, people. I would expect nothing more than your honesty.

Careful With That Axe, Pichu!
September 2nd, 2007, 02:46 PM
The rhythm is well. The rhyme scheme is what bothers me a bit, specifically on the last verses from the first and third stanzas.

Diction, nice; though it feels a bit slow and simple. On the other hand, ironically, the poem flows very naturally, regarding this matter.

Not too much description to eleborate with, neither narration. I guess this is a good poem, really. I liked it, and I believe you do have room to improve.

Zorua
September 2nd, 2007, 03:11 PM
Thanks for that, Steven. The rhyming, although with the "die and cry" makes it too common, and too general. I realize that now.
Note:The upcoming versions will most likely not be relevant to the first. However, they will still be focused on the same thing.

Most likely I won't write a second part to this poem until much later on.