PDA

View Full Version : Any pokemon fans in your area?

robyextreme
June 12th, 2004, 08:41 PM
Just wondering are there any pokemon fans in your area cuz... where i live i feel like the only one :(

Timbjerr
June 12th, 2004, 08:59 PM
I only know a few pokfans where I live, and all of them are the stereotypical annoying 10 y/o kind that don't realize how horribly inaccurate the show is by showing Pikachu to be super strong.

I live in a big city however, and I do know of a couple of PC members that live in the same city as me. It may be obscurely possible for me to meet pokfans my age in my hometown.

robyextreme
June 12th, 2004, 09:09 PM
Not here lol

i live in a big city at vancouver but still .. there all yugioh freaks

fudge01
June 12th, 2004, 09:12 PM
XD heaps of pokemon fans here XD i like yugioh it is pro but i don't like the pokemon card game i like the yugioh one but i like to collect the Pokmon

lil' jose
June 12th, 2004, 09:33 PM
Yes there are at my school, they all sit at the same table and always bring the guides to each game! Dorks, but i do like pokemon.

robyextreme
June 12th, 2004, 09:45 PM
i think alot of people do just not as much as 5 years ago..

there was not a kid who didint love it

Blitz~2005
June 12th, 2004, 09:50 PM
yeah i know a pokfan he lives with me his name is fudge01 :P that beats knowing pc members in your city :P

robyextreme
June 12th, 2004, 10:14 PM
If he lives in Richmond then i might know him since i lived here long enough to know everyone

^^NICK^^ v.3.0
June 12th, 2004, 10:23 PM
Yeah, some. My neighbor always asks to borrow my Sapphire version, and to my surprise, my friend was playing Red on Friday. Me and my other neighbor/ classmate would play ruby together on his staircase. I think there are more fans than I know of.

Blitz~2005
June 12th, 2004, 10:57 PM
yeah a lot of ppl are inbaressed i prob know most pokefans in my grade but dont know there pokefans :P

jynx
June 13th, 2004, 02:30 AM
Don't think there is any PokeFans in Northern England :P

Jeikobu
June 13th, 2004, 08:36 AM
Unfortunately I don't know any fans in my area besides my brother and sister (my sister likes it alot and my brother thinks it ok and is playing Ruby alot ^^).

Kayleigh
June 13th, 2004, 08:45 AM
Well, my friend likes it, she just doesn't really know anything about it. (I can have a better discussion about Pokemon with my 3 year-old neighbor, lol.) My brother likes it too, and fortunately, he knows almost as much as me. His friends and my cousin like it too, so I'm not completely alone! XD It's just... that the ones who know a lot about it are all little boys. Oh well.

Chairman Kaga
June 13th, 2004, 09:28 AM
I don't know of any others where I'm at. There used to be a couple people who played the TCG, but they converted to Yu-Gi-Oh when it came out. So did I, but I still retained my partiality to pokemon, unlike them. I convinced an old friend to buy Ruby for his GBA the other day, and he actually did it. I'm sort of proud of myself ^_^ He called me on the phone the other day just to talk about pokemon, which was interesing since he hadn't done that since we were in the 7th grade. He didn't even know that R/S existed :P But besides him, there's no one at all. Maybe in grade school, but not in my high school.

Latias10
June 13th, 2004, 09:39 AM
Well there is my friend who got me into pokemon. Some kids in my class. And deffintly some in my school. So there is queit a few pokemon fans here.

Cherrim
June 13th, 2004, 09:40 AM
All my little brother's friends like Pokemon. @_@;; But whenever I try to talk to them about it, they disregard everything I say as untrue or stupid since I'm older than they are and I'm a girl. Little do they know I probably know more about PKMN than they ever will. =\ Stupid kids. <_<

And... I do know a few people who like Pokemon who are my age. ^_^; Lol, I got a couple of my friends back into Pokemon last year when Ru/Sa came out, and then a few more in high school.. but most people make fun of me for liking Pokemon. (Not like I care, but.. XP)

Hinoshi-chan
June 13th, 2004, 09:43 AM
Its poke' mad
There are to many pokemon fans here....most of them 36 big, fat, scary, old men ...who do scare me alot ..down the road this man is wearing a pikachu t-shirt p.q
If you want to go anywere that has pokemon fans. go to Camberidge XD I love that place ^_^

jynx
June 13th, 2004, 10:17 AM
Cambridge!? In England? Near Londond?

Hi friend, I come from England too!
(There is a research in H.K., saying that ppl who play Pokemon are generally smarter. I think that's true.)

IceKitten
June 13th, 2004, 12:25 PM
There's one pokfan in my area =/

he's 16 s00n

Eliana
June 13th, 2004, 12:28 PM
*sigh* for me...harldy any....im an outcast... any people likeing it are freaks.... there is only one friend around where i live who does... but she doesnt like to admit it so she hardly does it anymore *sigh* i have to stick with online people :(

robyextreme
June 13th, 2004, 01:18 PM
I was at the pokemon trading card game battles which is every saturday at the mall all i saw was people playing yugioh

i like to call it yugayoh :D

Chairman Kaga
June 13th, 2004, 01:41 PM
Liking pokemon doesn't mean that one can't also like ygo or has to intantly hate it...that's a common misconception among pokemon fans, that ygo is evil and out to destroy pokemon. From my experiences with it, all I've seen is that it's just trying to become a popular and lucrative anime/tcg *shrug*

^^NICK^^ v.3.0
June 13th, 2004, 03:51 PM
My neighbor just asked to borrow my Sapphire version again. Last time he didn't finish so he wants to finish the game this time.

Ice demon
June 13th, 2004, 05:24 PM
Liking pokemon doesn't mean that one can't also like ygo

I agree - look at me i have my pokemon cards in the same space maker as my ygo cards

As for me i the only person i know still into pokemon is my neighbour.

Greed
June 13th, 2004, 05:33 PM
Heck no. O_o;; I dun see anyone around my town playing Pokemon =/

*dies*

ryan
June 13th, 2004, 08:37 PM
i've kinda managed to turn my 2 best friends into pokemon fans, but other than us... there aren't any rabid crazy fans like me... though there are a few casual players at my school, but nobody who can name all the pokemon in order

Porygon
June 14th, 2004, 08:36 AM
I'm not sure, but I've had a few suspicions that there just may XD

IceKitten
June 14th, 2004, 11:04 AM
I can name all 386 off by heart in order o_O

jokestr2004
June 14th, 2004, 11:58 AM
Okay lets count... besides my brother, in my area, I know... ...1 avid Pokemon fan, and he's in the next town. Back in 1st - 4th grade, I had many freinds that liked Pokemon, but they all either moved away or grew out of it o.o

Other than my brother and that one person, all my PokeFriends are here...

TRIFORCE89
June 14th, 2004, 01:12 PM
Lets see, I play it, and I'd consider myself a "fan" but not a great one at that. O.k., there's Lightning, two other girls that we know, and two other guys that we know. Or at least thats what I know, there's probably more.

Sakuyamon
June 15th, 2004, 08:15 AM
In the area I live in, I am the only known pokemon fan there is...that makes me the undefeated pokemon master in my area! there were more pokefans here befor but the most seems to have grown out of it...but I blame nintendo for closing the pokemon leage in sweden and in that way make others lose the interesst in pokemon.

Psyduck
June 15th, 2004, 02:31 PM
I am the only pokemon fan, I know of in my area. There might be more, but its hard for a high school grad. to go around asking people if they like pokemon. I'd love to have a pokemon friend in the area, that we could get together and talk pokemon. I'm 19, Male, and live in Macomb, MI, thats north of detroit. If you live anywhere near and want to do something, just email me.

+el_pal
June 15th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Only me and my friend. Everyone else in my area hates Pokemon (curse you Poke haters!)

Bhati
June 15th, 2004, 03:18 PM
All the people who like Pokemon around here are young, and aren't really worth talking too. My sisters like it too, but they are almost as bad as the other people. So, I guess there are some around me, but I don't talk to them Stupid little kids.