PDA

View Full Version : I can`t beat brock!!!!

Mudkip84
June 13th, 2004, 08:59 AM
I can`t beat brock! I`m very mad...
I have A charmander.. lv. 15

Jolty-kun
June 13th, 2004, 09:00 AM
Get a mankey that knows double chop, or more than one would be better!, just a tip!, that's how i beat him!. Good luck

Fox_Die
June 13th, 2004, 09:05 AM
Get the charmander up one more level, and it will evolve into charmeleon! The you should be able to win

DragonTrainer
June 13th, 2004, 09:06 AM
A wise choice would be a butterfree, it learns confusion a few levels after it evolves, I think, and since brock's pokemon don't have the best special defense, then confusion would be effective. Mankey always works as well

~DragonTrainer:dragonite

Fox_Die
June 13th, 2004, 09:12 AM
butterfree learns confusion as soon as it evolves. so you should catch a caterpie and raise it to level 10+

Jolty-kun
June 13th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Yeah thats a good idea DragonTrainer!, u 2 surge!

Mudkip84
June 13th, 2004, 09:17 AM
While I was offline a few minutes ago i started over my game with squirtle...

Since I don`t know Japenese I used Dragon claw or metal claw idont know which one all I know it`s (Something) claw that was super effective when I had charmander. I started over with squirtle because I thought he was supe effective.. I should have kept chamander to save for erica and surge..

Fox_Die
June 13th, 2004, 09:25 AM
it does't matter, you can catch a geodude to use against surge, and then catch a graowithe or buy a fire stone and use it on the eevee that you get later in the game

jynx
June 13th, 2004, 09:27 AM
You can't beat Brock?

Oh well...I got mine started with a Squirtle...

Jess
June 13th, 2004, 09:35 AM
Ok use any attack on Onix ACCEPT Scratch.. Scratch does less than anything..God at least Growl will lessen it`s attack.

Fox_Die
June 13th, 2004, 09:37 AM
Ok use any attack on Onix ACCEPT Scratch.. Scratch does less than anything..God at least Growl will lessen it`s attack.

he doesn't need to, he can use bubble on it now

Jess
June 13th, 2004, 09:39 AM
Bubble w/ a Charmander? XD Or did he restart?

Fox_Die
June 13th, 2004, 09:42 AM
While I was offline a few minutes ago i started over my game with squirtle...

Since I don`t know Japenese I used Dragon claw or metal claw idont know which one all I know it`s (Something) claw that was super effective when I had charmander. I started over with squirtle because I thought he was supe effective.. I should have kept chamander to save for erica and surge..

he started again before you posted

Shadow
June 13th, 2004, 09:46 AM
He said he restarted earlier in the topic Jess.

And with Charmander, even though he know learns Metal Claw at level 13, the best thing to do is to catch a Mankey (level it up to level 9 for Low Kick which is great against Onix since he is so heavy) or Butterfree (as said, level 10 it gets Confusion and Brock's Pokemon have bas special defense).

jynx
June 13th, 2004, 09:52 AM
Ya! Get a few in Viridian Forest.

(PS: can you catch Oddish in Viridian Forest?)

Fox_Die
June 13th, 2004, 09:55 AM
Im not sure, but I know that you can catch them in the grass near victory bridge

Gardy
June 13th, 2004, 10:20 AM
I thought fr/lg doesn't come out untill sept. well whatever Butterfree would have worked. So u didn't need to restart. *off topic* Do the grafics (spelling) look better?

jynx
June 13th, 2004, 10:23 AM
Maybe he's playing Japanese version.

I remember catching an Oddish to beat Misty in Blue...don't know if you can get one in Viridian Forest.

Philbro
June 13th, 2004, 10:31 AM
Get a pikachu in the forest for misty for Lt surge get a geodude. or if you are daring to take a trip into dark cake for a sec with no light or if you got flasgh catch a hi level onix. For erika use a growlith or your charmander. For koga use a kadabra or a hypno or maybe a mr mime if you got one. for sabrina use a dark pokemon. A good but daring one would be golbat but maybe if u make eevee haoppy fast get a umbreon it happened with me. For blane just catch a water pokemon and thrash him. For givane its the same water pokemon really and use psychic. The elite four lorea loves ice so thunder and fighting is good. NOT WATER ATTACKS ON LAPRAS. Then we have bruno use a combo of water and psychic. Then we have Agatha use a zubat and psychic again (psychic very good) Then for lance use ice or dragon if feeling lucky and for your rival no help there just use a mix. If you did not need that info just ignore it

^^NICK^^ v.3.0
June 13th, 2004, 11:32 AM
What i always do on my Yellow Version is try to get a Butterfree because it knows confusion. You only need to about 2 times. If that fails, and I have Charmander, I get it to learn ember.

Jolty-kun
June 13th, 2004, 11:37 AM
Beat it yet?, good luck lol, what game?, blue?, i lost my blue

Philbro
June 13th, 2004, 11:42 AM
I think this game is easy to beat i like elite four secound time round they have johto pokemon which is cool.

stewie&rupert
June 13th, 2004, 02:59 PM
I can`t beat brock! I`m very mad...
I have A charmander.. lv. 15

it shouldnt be hard to beat brock at all. they fix the game so that all 3 starters can beat him easily.
bulbasaur:vine whip
squirtle:bubbles
charmander:they gave it freaken metal claw just for brock.

Kenta-kun
June 13th, 2004, 03:03 PM
Do pikachu exist in the Viridian Forest in this game? I walked around for an hour & didn't find 1...

Philbro
June 13th, 2004, 03:04 PM
then he will need to find a grass or electric for misty so exciting.

stewie&rupert
June 13th, 2004, 04:10 PM
Do pikachu exist in the Viridian Forest in this game? I walked around for an hour & didn't find 1...

yes pikachus do exist in viridian forest but therre really rare... theyre in the grass areas. :P :chu:

pokemon-frlg-fan
June 14th, 2004, 03:46 AM
Where did you get fire red or leaf green?

Mudkip84
June 14th, 2004, 06:27 AM

Yes, I think.....

Also FR - LG fan, I got on thePc. I got the rom for it. Search around And in one the thread I some guy gave me a link to it...

Find it yourself

Shadow
June 14th, 2004, 09:25 AM
Kenta-kun and pokemon-frlg-fan, your posts are off-topic and thereby SPAM.

On-topic: They made Charmander the hardest starter in R/B and now they make it a little easier with Metal Claw at level 13, but whenever I beat Brock, I rarely have any Pokemon above level 10. And it seems like people are still having trouble with him. SO it looks like Gamefreak wasted a move on Charmander...

Porygon
June 14th, 2004, 10:33 AM
Actually, they're promoting an important skill: TRAIN before battling any Gym Leader! Geez how many times I've seen people [mainly myself] not do this and get creamed

Philbro
June 14th, 2004, 10:38 AM
I think traineing is the key to sucess and if you do notm like it find some rare candys.

Mudkip84
June 14th, 2004, 01:34 PM
it shouldnt be hard to beat brock at all. they fix the game so that all 3 starters can beat him easily.
bulbasaur:vine whip
squirtle:bubbles
charmander:they gave it freaken metal claw just for brock.

That Attack was metal claw?
I thought it was Dragon claw.
Wait it learns it Lv.11 right?

robyextreme
June 14th, 2004, 01:36 PM
Do what I did catch caterpies and train them to death since there the fastest envolving pokemon then 0wn brock

runeknightx
June 14th, 2004, 03:02 PM
i caught my pikachu near the left side of viridian forest go to the place where u can pick up a pokeball on the floor and search there i heard it has the highest chance of finding one (i found one everyother time :D)
metal claw owns!! go charmander!!

stewie&rupert
June 14th, 2004, 03:26 PM
onix gives alot of exps points, y would u waste them on a pokemon that u wont even train for the entire game. butterfree and mankey and even diglett for surge.....y wold u do that. just train ur begining team to a hiiigh lv then challenge the gym leader.

Shinin
June 17th, 2004, 03:18 AM
mankey=good
charmeleon=pretty good
pidgey/pidgeotto=not very good
butterfree=good

Kenta-kun
June 17th, 2004, 05:54 AM
Bugs are useful later in the game. I use Beautifly quite often in RS, & Butterfree's probably no less useful. I also suggest grabbing a Pidgey...Pidgeot's an awesum flying type

Iveechan
June 17th, 2004, 06:32 AM
Butterfree is freakin' amazing because compound eyes ebility make the powder moves very accurate. And in the old games I always evolved Charmander and used Ember against Brock. The rock types have low special (defense) and Charmeleon is at a level advantage, so Ember is still relatively strong. The only problem is that Brock has Rock Tomb this time around.

BTW, Squirtle is good because of Bite... great against the Ghost types who levitate now...

Jacob Madrox
June 17th, 2004, 06:47 AM
WHAT!!?? THEY HAVE ROCK TOMB!!?? great, im not getting my charizard... :dead: im sad now.

Iveechan
June 17th, 2004, 08:53 AM
I'm pretty sure that the TM Brock gives out is now Rock Tomb like Roxanne. But I haven't played the game myself. Either way, Charmeleon still has the level advatage and Onix has a measly Attack stat. And it's still just one gym.

Philbro
June 17th, 2004, 09:40 AM
He does and misty gives you water pulse and all that stuff.

Elite Four Lance
November 3rd, 2004, 01:58 AM
Try to get your Charmander up to level 16. Then he should evolve to Charmelon. Use ember on Brocks Pokemon. That attack is more effective on his Pokemon.

Deaths Jaws
November 3rd, 2004, 02:55 AM
dude your so very late with that reply its not funny. check out the posted dates of those posts! they are all in JULY :)

Anarchytekt
November 3rd, 2004, 05:25 AM
Yeah, death jaws is right! U just bumped a topic!

Elite Four Lance
November 3rd, 2004, 05:47 AM
Okay. You can also train a charmander in Viridian Forest. There are som Metapods on level 4 to 6 there.

shark3019875
November 3rd, 2004, 03:21 PM
ok this is just about brock

Elite Four Lance
November 4th, 2004, 01:55 AM
Which game are you playing? Is it Fire Red or Pokemon Red?