PDA

View Full Version : [Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

?Alistair?
September 7th, 2008, 03:14 AM
Ok, that half worked...and i am grateful. Editor now works, but I still can't test play the game. Should I pm you about this, rather than posting in this thread?

Ali

Wichu
September 7th, 2008, 04:21 AM
The Japanese translated version is illegal, though. You might want to get the real English version.

?Alistair?
September 7th, 2008, 05:56 AM
The Japanese translated version is illegal, though. You might want to get the real English version.

Tbh, i'm not that fussed. I bought it off amazon for £2.75, and i'm happy with it. I was pretty unaware that it was illegal, and i dont' currently have the cash to replace it.

yaoimutt
September 7th, 2008, 06:05 AM
how do you check to see if a veriable is equal to any number in a set of numbers (meaning, i want to see if veriable whatever is equal to 3,11,25, or 35)

PoKéMaKeR
September 7th, 2008, 07:43 AM
how do you check to see if a veriable is equal to any number in a set of numbers (meaning, i want to see if veriable whatever is equal to 3,11,25, or 35)

use a conditional branch;)
so that variable i.e 25 = equal to 3, 11 ,25 or 35 (this will probably need 4 conditional branches 1 for each number;))
Hope i helped!

PoKéMaKeR

Kyoshiro
September 7th, 2008, 10:08 AM
SWEET THANKS I use the starter kit and now im all done with the mapping and all i need to do is make the story line

poccil
September 7th, 2008, 10:13 AM
That's because the number "025" in Ruby is read differently from "25", in this case, as the number 21. No leading zeros are allowed in numbers, when in doubt.

?Alistair?
September 7th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Tbh, i'm not that fussed. I bought it off amazon for £2.75, and i'm happy with it. I was pretty unaware that it was illegal, and i dont' currently have the cash to replace it.

Can I have help? unsure as to who Poccil aimed his last comment at/

yaoimutt
September 7th, 2008, 11:10 AM
use a conditional branch;)
so that variable i.e 25 = equal to 3, 11 ,25 or 35 (this will probably need 4 conditional branches 1 for each number;))
Hope i helped!

PoKéMaKeR

i know that i could do it with a bunch of condition branches, but i'm eventing a slot machine, and all i have left to do is the payouts, (as i said before, i suck at scripting, but i am a master eventer, all i have to do is event out the PAYOUTS, if i do a diffrent conditional branch for each numbet, i would end up with a billion conditional branches, and that would be hard to edit.

partyghoul2000
September 7th, 2008, 12:12 PM
thanks for using my suggestion poccil, at least the unown forms are done and i might be able to work off of that to get the rest of the other forms goin. i do have a small question though. i was looking through the new additions and the script on a whole and i don't believe the new addition of the unown forms are linked to their counterpart icons in the script yet. truth or am i completely not seeing it? >_>

?Alistair?
September 7th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Ok. I bought the full legal English version. When i try and test play, I get this error message.

Exception: Errno::ENOENT
Game_Map*:33:in `load_data'
Game_Map*:33:in `setup'
PokemonMap:639:in `setup'
PokemonMap:609:in `initialize'
PokemonLoad:288:in `new'
PokemonLoad:288:in `pbStartLoadScreen'
PokemonLoad:263:in `loop'
PokemonLoad:365:in `pbStartLoadScreen'
Scene_Intro:133:in `to_title_update'
Scene_Intro:62:in `main'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.

Please can someone help me.

PokemonOI
September 7th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Does anyone know how to change the highest level? I need to change the highest level from 100 to something higher. If you know please comment.

poccil
September 7th, 2008, 05:12 PM
PokemonOI:

Changing the maximum level is not supported. Even if it were possible, the game's balance might be affected above level 100, or there might be similar other problems.

?Alistair?:

That's probably because no starting position was set in the map editor. Set the player's starting position to the map named Intro.

PokemonOI
September 7th, 2008, 05:14 PM
alright ok I was just wondering.

Nero9121
September 7th, 2008, 07:36 PM
where is all the character info saved when you register on server?

Champio30
September 8th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Question:
How do you setup a server.
I did what the Server.html thing said, but it said i had to copy some thing to the server.txt thing,
HELP

?Alistair?
September 8th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Quick error question, probably nooby.

When i'm walking around in the tall grass, and ecounter a Pokémon. Before the battle properly begins a little message appears and says:

BGB File not found, game will continue playing
File: dpbattle.mid

Is this a sound file?

fudgy
September 8th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Quick error question, probably nooby.

When i'm walking around in the tall grass, and ecounter a Pokémon. Before the battle properly begins a little message appears and says:

BGB File not found, game will continue playing
File: dpbattle.mid

Is this a sound file?

yes it is a sound file, make sure you put the file in the correct spot.

?Alistair?
September 8th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Another thing. I'm making a new Pokémon. I've edited the Pokémon txt file and the tm txt file with the pokémon's data. but I don't know what to do with the sprite. How do I assign the sprites to that pokémon?

Nero9121
September 8th, 2008, 02:24 PM
How exactly do you use the server and give it to other people? If other people played it, how could we be on same server?

fudgy
September 8th, 2008, 02:32 PM
How exactly do you use the server and give it to other people? If other people played it, how could we be on same server?

i am not sure but i am guessing you publish your game, then setup the server for your game, then who ever downloads your game, can go online with others (you, the server hoster have to be online though)

----------------

Another thing. I'm making a new Pokémon. I've edited the Pokémon txt file and the tm txt file with the pokémon's data. but I don't know what to do with the sprite. How do I assign the sprites to that pokémon?

this shows you in the notes.html file included in the document, you must make a whole new pokemon data for your new pokemon that you are inserting, just look in the notes.html and look for "adding a new pokemon" or something simular

poccil
September 8th, 2008, 03:13 PM
I have recently changed the server used by Pokemon Essentials. In the most recent notes document, under "Configuring the Server (http://upokecenter.com/projects/pokestarter/notes.html#header139)", I give the necessary instructions for setting up and publishing the server.

Jaydin Knight
September 8th, 2008, 03:18 PM
I'm not really sure what I did wrong but...

Anyway, right after the intro, it's supposed to transfer to a map I just made, but it just goes all black and stays that way...

How do I fix this?

fudgy
September 8th, 2008, 03:27 PM
I'm not really sure what I did wrong but...

Anyway, right after the intro, it's supposed to transfer to a map I just made, but it just goes all black and stays that way...

How do I fix this?

1)go to the intro mpa (the intro map must be first).
2)click the little event box on the intro map.
3)near the end the event should be "transfer player" click that and change it to your map.
if their is no "transfer player" near the end (after all the intro,etc) add the transfer player function.

Nero9121
September 8th, 2008, 04:48 PM
are the usernames and passwords stored anywhere for server? and...is there a message system out for this or no...id guess no

Jaydin Knight
September 8th, 2008, 05:06 PM
1)go to the intro mpa (the intro map must be first).
2)click the little event box on the intro map.
3)near the end the event should be "transfer player" click that and change it to your map.
if their is no "transfer player" near the end (after all the intro,etc) add the transfer player function.

I did - the script says 'Transfer Player:[024 Downstairs at Home], (010,009), Down but the screen still goes black after the intro...Thanks for answering, by the way.

yaoimutt
September 8th, 2008, 05:26 PM
I did - the script says 'Transfer Player:[024 Downstairs at Home], (010,009), Down but the screen still goes black after the intro...Thanks for answering, by the way.

do you have a change "screen color tone" event before the player transfer? if you do, make sure you have one after the transfer that puts the screen color back to normal

Nero9121
September 8th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Then go into the merged project and make an event and make it control switches. Then copy all of your switches from your game to the merged project.

It says that in the how to update files thing in "notes"...I do not get the part about make it controld switches and copying over switches...

spudkiddo
September 9th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Haiii~
I just downloaded your starter kit. But I hate RMXP's resolution.
How can I make my game look like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4amT1yfKH58&feature=related
but maybe without the Pokemon, uh, whatever it is.
With is also fine, I just hate the big resolution.
Thanks~!

Wichu
September 9th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Go to the Options menu in-game, and change it. Save the game afterwards.

?Alistair?
September 9th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Me again. Ok so i added a new pokémon to the game (editing the Pokémon txt file and importing the sprites. On my test map when the character chooses the pokéball which has the pokémon in it; I get the following message:

---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
Exception: SyntaxError
(eval):2: syntax error
Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1623:in `eval'
Interpreter:1623:in `command_355'
Interpreter:467:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:190:in `update'
Interpreter:104:in `loop'
Interpreter:195:in `update'
Scene_Map:100:in `update'
Scene_Map:98:in `loop'

Thanks.

EDIT: Damn those funny Teddiursa faces, it should be a colon and a 2 there.

shinylugia249
September 9th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Ok, Does anyone know how add more terrain tags because i want to have more battle screens like the snow, dark cave, etc... but i need the terrain tags to make them work.
Any help?

Nero9121
September 9th, 2008, 04:28 PM
what is the link to see all your projects? i cant find it on ur website poccil

and is there a way i can add a message system to it so players can message eachother in game?

Pokehero22
September 9th, 2008, 05:55 PM
I have a question!

How can I change the "Pokeball" pocket name, to "Cards"?

partyghoul2000
September 9th, 2008, 07:56 PM
I have a question!

How can I change the "Pokeball" pocket name, to "Cards"?

this is a very simple change and will literally take seconds. :P right-click on any of the scripts and click find. and in that space put:
_INTL("Pokeballs")
click start search and that will take you straight to the pocket names. :D

Pokehero22
September 9th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Thanks Partygoul!

But, I have another problem...

Well, 2.

Anyways,
1. How can I change the animation from the rolling side by side, to a vibrating sprite?
2. How can I change the badges to ribbons if I turn a switch on?

Thanx in advance! :D

yaoimutt
September 9th, 2008, 09:32 PM
does anyone have an item creation script that works with okemon essentials? or any other scripts for that mater (i'm starting to think we need to start making a "pokemon essentials script snippets data bank")

Pokehero22
September 9th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Well, yaoimutt, there is no item making script, you just head over to the items txt book in the PBS folder, and just edit an item you want to add.

yaoimutt
September 9th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Well, yaoimutt, there is no item making script, you just head over to the items txt book in the PBS folder, and just edit an item you want to add.

... that doesn't even answer my question, i asked if there was a item creation script, not how do you add a new item.

Pokehero22
September 9th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Oh, well there isn't one.

At least, I think there isn't...

yaoimutt
September 9th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Oh, well there isn't one.

At least, I think there isn't...

i know there isn't one in the game, but there are people that have put "cooking" games into there pokemon essentials game. so that means that there is one SOMEWHERE out that. Maybe we'll get lucking and someone will be nice enough to post the script, :3, it would be cool to be able to have item creations in the game. don't you think?

anyway,

Champio30
September 10th, 2008, 03:42 AM
i know there isn't one in the game, but there are people that have put "cooking" games into there pokemon essentials game. so that means that there is one SOMEWHERE out that. Maybe we'll get lucking and someone will be nice enough to post the script, :3, it would be cool to be able to have item creations in the game. don't you think?

anyway,
[/URL][URL="http://Here"] http://www.upokecenter.com/projects/pokestarter/notes.html#header72 (http://www.upokecenter.com/projects/pokestarter/notes.html#header72)

yaoimutt
September 10th, 2008, 05:11 AM
[/URL][URL="http://Here"] http://www.upokecenter.com/projects/pokestarter/notes.html#header72 (http://www.upokecenter.com/projects/pokestarter/notes.html#header72)

you so so clearly did not read my question. if you look, it says that i am not talking about adding new items, but more like a cooking mini game thing.

Luke128th
September 10th, 2008, 06:35 AM
Try RPG RPG Revolution. That's where I go for some of my scripts. They do have some scripts on cooking mini-games, and other things. Maybe they have what your looking for. Just google RPG RPG Revolution.

yaoimutt
September 10th, 2008, 06:43 AM
Try RPG RPG Revolution. That's where I go for some of my scripts. They do have some scripts on cooking mini-games, and other things. Maybe they have what your looking for. Just google RPG RPG Revolution.

yeah, but are they pokemon essentials compatible?

partyghoul2000
September 10th, 2008, 07:07 AM
Thanks Partygoul!

But, I have another problem...

Well, 2.

Anyways,
1. How can I change the animation from the rolling side by side, to a vibrating sprite?
2. How can I change the badges to ribbons if I turn a switch on?

Thanx in advance! :D

well, for number two all you'd have to do is change edit the badges.png under Graphics\Pictures and it'll show up as ribbons on the trainer card. as for the rolling animation go to find and put in:
def pokeballThrow
and that will take you to where to you need to edit. as to how to edit it though, i have no clue.

Luke128th
September 10th, 2008, 08:45 AM
yeah, but are they pokemon essentials compatible?

I think so. It may or may not. I've never tried it with Pokemon Essentials.

?Alistair?
September 10th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Me again. Ok so i added a new pokémon to the game (editing the Pokémon txt file and importing the sprites. On my test map when the character chooses the pokéball which has the pokémon in it; I get the following message:

Pokemon Essentials
Exception: SyntaxError
(eval):2: syntax error
Interpreter:1623:in `eval'

Thanks.

EDIT: Damn those funny Teddiursa faces, it should be a colon and a 2 there.

Can I have help please?

yaoimutt
September 10th, 2008, 08:20 PM
can you show us the script that you used to give the pokemon? because it's saying that there was an error when it tride to run it. (i think)

Soul.//Silver
September 10th, 2008, 10:08 PM
Does anyone have a moves.txt for PBS that has all of the Pokemon D/P/P moves in it and if so can they please upload it, because I just noticed that the moves.txt in PBS doesn't have D/P/P moves in it, only 1st-3rd Gen moves.
All credit will go to whoever uploads it if they want credit. (Name in the Credits of my game).

?Alistair?
September 10th, 2008, 10:15 PM
can you show us the script that you used to give the pokemon? because it's saying that there was an error when it tride to run it. (i think)

It's alright now thanks, there was just a space in the script command.

New questions (eventually i'll stop)

1. When the hero whites out, where do i change where he goes - or does he automatically go to a pokémon centre/somewhere that can heal his pokémon?

2. This is just a simple rpg xp question but, when choosing the starter I want a picture of the pokémon to appear above the pokéball. I realise that i use the show/erase pictures commands. But when I try to positiong it it jut appears in the top left corner.

Thanks

poccil
September 10th, 2008, 10:27 PM
1: The point where the player goes after losing a battle is set for each Pokemon Center, as well as the metadata setting called "Home" (set it in the editor, under "Set Metadata", then "Global").

Though this approach is rarely necessary, you can also change the position within an event, by putting a Script event command consisting of the text "Kernel.pbSetPokemonCenter" within that event, which sets it to the player's current position. If you use this approach, there must be another event page on that event with an Autorun trigger and the condition "Switch '0005: Starting Over' is ON". That event page must heal all Pokemon (use the event command "Recover All: Entire Party") and set the switch '0005: Starting Over' to OFF. For an example, see the event for any Pokemon Center receptionist.

2: In the "Show Picture" event command, click "Center" under "The Origin", to make a picture appear centered on the desired point. Also, change "X" and "Y" to specify the pixel coordinates of the picture.

Pokehero22
September 10th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Hey Poccil, I have a question.

Have you already implanted a Contest script in the next version of the Kit?

Or could you give me a Contest script?

venom12
September 11th, 2008, 03:17 AM
I have Problem, if i move on one map i have this error
TilemapXP:868:in `refresh'
TilemapXP:164:in `update'
TilemapLoader:57:in `update'
Spriteset_Map:227:in `_animationSprite_update'
AnimationSprite:92:in `update'
Scene_Map:51:in `updateSpritesets'
Scene_Map:45:in `each'
Scene_Map:45:in `updateSpritesets'
Scene_Map:112:in `update'
Scene_Map:67:in `main'

PoKéMaKeR
September 11th, 2008, 03:25 AM
I have Problem, if i move on one map i have this error
Spriteset_Map:227:in `_animationSprite_update'

Is it a connected map, cause if so you need to make sure every event page with the "erase this event" command has to be "player touch"
I hope this helped!

PoKéMaKeR

poccil
September 11th, 2008, 10:53 AM
venom12:

That happened because of a bug. In the script section TilemapXP, in two places
starting at lines 847 and 867, replace this:

if !@priotilesrect || !@priotilesfast ||
@priorect[0]!=minX ||
@priorect[1]!=minY ||
@priorect[2]!=maxX ||
@priorect[3]!=maxY

with this:

if !@priotilesrect || !@priotilesfast ||
@priotilesrect[0]!=minX ||
@priotilesrect[1]!=minY ||
@priotilesrect[2]!=maxX ||
@priotilesrect[3]!=maxY

And in line 858, change this line:

@priorect=[minX,minY,maxX,maxY]

to this:

@priotilesrect=[minX,minY,maxX,maxY]

shinylugia249
September 11th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Ok, Does anyone know how add more terrain tags because i want to have more battle screens like the snow, dark cave, etc... but i need the terrain tags to make them work.
Any help?
Can anyone answer my question?

poccil
September 11th, 2008, 12:22 PM
shinylugia249:

The documentation already mentions how more terrain tags can be added: "RPGXP's tileset editor only supports seven terrain tags. That's why Pokemon Essentials contains a built-in terrain tag editor. It can be accessed by choosing "Edit Terrain Tags" from the "Debug" option in the game menu, or from the Pokemon Essentials Editor
(editor.exe)."

shinylugia249
September 11th, 2008, 12:25 PM
oh sorry, that wasn't in the notes tha lst time I checked.

Champio30
September 11th, 2008, 12:41 PM
what is the gif plugin, can you like put gif animations in

Nero9121
September 11th, 2008, 02:57 PM
for the server that comes with it...do the players play in game with each other or is it only a server that allows them to trade with each other?

Trace
September 11th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Quick question...
What script edits the resolution? I know there is the "Resolution*" script, but what line do I edit?
<_O
Thanks.

partyghoul2000
September 11th, 2008, 09:32 PM
would there be a script that would stop wild encounters or change the encounter rates? maybe with variables and switches?

Pokehero22
September 11th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Could you answer my question a few posts back?

My game has Contests, could you put in a contest script?

Champio30
September 12th, 2008, 05:46 AM
what is the gif plugin, can you like put gif animations in
answer please help me please

?Alistair?
September 12th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Ok. You know the switch 'Starting Over'? Well that was annoying me, so i deleted the test map that it was on, but now if i lose a battle i get the error info telling me that it's really bad. How do i change this?

PoKéMaKeR
September 12th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Ok. You know the switch 'Starting Over'? Well that was annoying me, so i deleted the test map that it was on, but now if i lose a battle i get the error info telling me that it's really bad. How do i change this?

what do you think about putting that switch back in..

?Alistair?
September 12th, 2008, 12:39 PM
what do you think about putting that switch back in..

I woul, but I don't know what it does or how to alter where it sends the character.

PoKéMaKeR
September 12th, 2008, 01:01 PM
I woul, but I don't know what it does or how to alter where it sends the character.

The switch it self has nothing to do with where to put the character, if you lose in a battle the switch will be turned on and you're player will be teleported either to home or a Pokecenter (depends on the fact you've been in a PC before) and then your party will be healed (if you use the "demo- nurse joy event in the starter kit) and the switch will be turned off afterwards..

Oh and next time, if you're not knowing what you do, I advice you not to go and just delete random things..

PoKéMaKeR

?Alistair?
September 12th, 2008, 01:19 PM
The switch it self has nothing to do with where to put the character, if you lose in a battle the switch will be turned on and you're player will be teleported either to home or a Pokecenter (depends on the fact you've been in a PC before) and then your party will be healed (if you use the "demo- nurse joy event in the starter kit) and the switch will be turned off afterwards..

Oh and next time, if you're not knowing what you do, I advice you not to go and just delete random things..

PoKéMaKeR

yeah sorry. I'm usually much more careful than that, but tbh i was clearing out the test maps anyway.

PoKéMaKeR
September 12th, 2008, 01:43 PM
yeah sorry. I'm usually much more careful than that, but tbh i was clearing out the test maps anyway.

It's Ok i'm not mad :P

Did it work out?

PoKéMaKeR

?Alistair?
September 12th, 2008, 01:50 PM
It's Ok i'm not mad :P

Did it work out?

PoKéMaKeR

Yeah it did, a lot. Thanks mate (Y)

Nero9121
September 12th, 2008, 03:46 PM
OK...I have a question for everyone thats making a game. I am 80% done with PokeWorld Online. It is based on Ruby game and I am using all of the 1st generation pokemon in it.

IS THERE ANYONE THAT IS MAKING A GAME THAT ONLY HAS 2ND GENERATION OR 3RD GENEERATION POKEMON THAT WOULD LIKE TO SET UP OUR SERVERS TOGETHER THAT THAT PLAYERS HAVE TO TRADE WITH PLAYERS FROM THE OTHER GAME IN ORDER TO GET ALL POKEMON?

I am pretty sure you should be able to do this, and if not let me know...but...IF YOU ARE INTERESTED PM ME A DESCRIPTION OF YOUR GAME AND WHAT % DONE WITH IT YOU ARE

partyghoul2000
September 12th, 2008, 09:09 PM
okay, with the new unown script, i was able to insert the rest of the unown and i noticed three errors, one being incredibly minor. okay, here's what i've found:
1) whenever you enter wild encounter or select the caught unown, there is a small pop-up window that shows a number. im guessing this number is what the unown is numbered. what i don't understand is why it's being shown in-game, in a pop-up window. this should be taken out, because it'd be kinda weird to see this in a finished game. >.>
2) like i asked/said earlier, i looked for a script that connects the new unowns to their respective icons and found nothing. this was found to be true in-game also. any unown icon was shown as unown A.
3) now, i know this is incredibly minor, but for OCD ppl like me, it bugs the heck outta me and probably can't be fixed. the first unown you catch, no matter what it is, it shows up as unown A in the pokedex decription. very minor, i know. but if it can't be fixed, no problem.

well, bug report...reported. :P
hope it helps evolve this script even more. :D

poccil
September 12th, 2008, 09:29 PM
partyghoul2000:

The debugging message verifies whether the script is working correctly. It does in this case. The documentation already mentions the format of each Unown bitmap:

Graphics/Battlers/201_00.png - Unown 'A'
Graphics/Battlers/201_01.png - Unown 'B'
etc.

Graphics/Battlers/201s_00.png - Shiny Unown 'A'
Graphics/Battlers/201s_01.png - Shiny Unown 'B'
etc.

If those files are not found, the game falls back to its previous behavior.

See "Pokemon Graphics and Icons" in the documentation for more information.

yaoimutt
September 12th, 2008, 11:00 PM
answer please help me please

sorry, but we don't understand the question.

Wichu
September 13th, 2008, 01:54 AM
Just wanted to say that I now have multiple form Pokémon working properly.

However, I'm missing their back sprites.

If someone could find the backsprites of:FR Deoxys (Not the DP sprite, the FR one)
LG Deoxys (Not the DP sprite, the LG one)
E Deoxys (Not the DP sprite, the Emerald one)
Burmy (Sandy Cloak)
Burmy (Trash Cloak)
Wormadam (Sandy Cloak)
Wormadam (Trash Cloak)
Shellos (East Sea)
Gastrodon (East Sea)
Rotom (Frost Forme)
Rotom (Spin Forme)
Rotom (Wash Forme)
Rotom (Cut Forme)
Rotom (Heat Forme)
Giratina (Origin Forme)
Shaymin (Sky Forme)then it could be implemented in Essentials.

Here's Giratina's forms in-game (obviously, the sprites will be redone in Advance style in the future):
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj197/projectamethyst/Screenshots/Screenshot157.pnghttp://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj197/projectamethyst/Screenshots/Screenshot160.png
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj197/projectamethyst/Screenshots/Screenshot158.pnghttp://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj197/projectamethyst/Screenshots/Screenshot159.png
They have the same dex number etc. but different stats and abilities, just like in Platinum.

yaoimutt
September 13th, 2008, 06:16 AM

If someone could find the backsprites of:then it could be implemented in Essentials.

Here's Giratina's forms in-game (obviously, the sprites will be redone in Advance style in the future):
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj197/projectamethyst/Screenshots/Screenshot157.pnghttp://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj197/projectamethyst/Screenshots/Screenshot160.png
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj197/projectamethyst/Screenshots/Screenshot158.pnghttp://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj197/projectamethyst/Screenshots/Screenshot159.png
They have the same dex number etc. but different stats and abilities, just like in Platinum.

how did you get this to work for pokemon other than known? and how did you get it to give the 2 diffrent stats?

AJ™
September 13th, 2008, 06:49 AM
I would assume they were two different Pokemon.

partyghoul2000
September 13th, 2008, 08:30 AM
partyghoul2000:

The debugging message verifies whether the script is working correctly. It does in this case. The documentation already mentions the format of each Unown bitmap:

Graphics/Battlers/201_00.png - Unown 'A'
Graphics/Battlers/201_01.png - Unown 'B'
etc.

Graphics/Battlers/201s_00.png - Shiny Unown 'A'
Graphics/Battlers/201s_01.png - Shiny Unown 'B'
etc.

If those files are not found, the game falls back to its previous behavior.

See "Pokemon Graphics and Icons" in the documentation for more information.

alright thanks. personally, i thought the icons would have been named the same way. my mistake. :P my bad on not reading the updated notes.html.

If someone could find the backsprites of:then it could be implemented in Essentials.

i image all the sprites (except for Platinum) could be found on serebii.net or the spriter's resource. finding any REAL platinum are extremely hard to find currently, due to the game just being released in japan the other day. they'll show up eventually, until then you could always leave it a blank .png or a .png with text saying what it's supposed to be. but that's just my thoughts on it.

Pokehero22
September 13th, 2008, 08:42 AM
I have a question...

How can I make a Pokemon have alternate forms?

I want to put all the Platinum Fourms in...

And, could someone fix this script up for me? I just need it edited so I can make something follow you

end

end

class Game_Event
include Train_Actor::Game_Event_Module
end

# Game_Party_Actor.rb
#==============================================================================
# ■ Game_Party_Actor
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Caterpillar movement of actor is carried out on map
#==============================================================================

module Train_Actor

class Game_Party_Actor < Game_Player
attr_writer :move_speed
attr_writer :step_anime

def initialize
super()
@through = true
end
def setup(actor)
# The file name and hue of the character are set
if actor != nil and (not actor.dead?) # When dead, it is erased for the time being...
@character_name = actor.character_name
@character_hue = actor.character_hue
else
@character_name = ""
@character_hue = 0
end
# Opacity and blending method are initialized
@opacity = 255
@blend_type = 0
end
def screen_z(height = 0)
if $game_player.x == @x and $game_player.y == @y
return $game_player.screen_z(height) - 1
end
super(height)
end
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# ● Move down
# turn_enabled : Flag that permits direction change on the spot
def move_down(turn_enabled = true)
# Face down
if turn_enabled
turn_down
end
# When possible to pass
if passable?(@x, @y, Input::DOWN)
# Face down
turn_down
# Update coordinates
@y += 1
end
end
# ● Move left
def move_left(turn_enabled = true)
# Face left
if turn_enabled
turn_left
end
# When possible to pass
if passable?(@x, @y, Input::LEFT)
# Face left
turn_left
# Update coordinates
@x -= 1
end
end
# ● Move right
def move_right(turn_enabled = true)
# Face right
if turn_enabled
turn_right
end
# When possible to pass
if passable?(@x, @y, Input::RIGHT)
# Face right
turn_right
# Update coordinates
@x += 1
end
end
# ● Move up
def move_up(turn_enabled = true)
# Face up
if turn_enabled
turn_up
end
# When possible to pass
if passable?(@x, @y, Input::UP)
# Face up
turn_up
# Update coordinates
@y -= 1
end
end
# ● Move lower left
def move_lower_left
# When no direction fixation
unless @direction_fix
# Turn left when facing right, turn down when facing up
@direction = (@direction == Input::RIGHT ? Input::LEFT : @direction == Input::UP ? Input::DOWN : @direction)
end
# When possible to move from down→left or from left→down
if (passable?(@x, @y, Input::DOWN) and passable?(@x, @y + 1, Input::LEFT)) or
(passable?(@x, @y, Input::LEFT) and passable?(@x - 1, @y, Input::DOWN))
# Update coordinates
@x -= 1
@y += 1
end
end
# ● Move lower right
def move_lower_right
unless @direction_fix
# Turn right when facing left, turn down when facing up
@direction = (@direction == Input::LEFT ? Input::RIGHT : @direction == Input::UP ? Input::DOWN : @direction)
end
# When possible to move from down→right or from right→down
if (passable?(@x, @y, Input::DOWN) and passable?(@x, @y + 1, Input::RIGHT)) or
(passable?(@x, @y, Input::RIGHT) and passable?(@x + 1, @y, Input::DOWN))
# Update coordinates
@x += 1
@y += 1
end
end
# ● move upper left
def move_upper_left
unless @direction_fix
# Turn left when facing right, turn up when facing down
@direction = (@direction == Input::RIGHT ? Input::LEFT : @direction == Input::DOWN ? Input::UP : @direction)
end
# When possible to move from up→left or from left→up
if (passable?(@x, @y, Input::UP) and passable?(@x, @y - 1, Input::LEFT)) or
(passable?(@x, @y, Input::LEFT) and passable?(@x - 1, @y, Input::UP))
# Update coordinates
@x -= 1
@y -= 1
end
end
# ● move upper right
def move_upper_right
unless @direction_fix
# Turn right when facing left, turn up when facing down
@direction = (@direction == Input::LEFT ? Input::RIGHT : @direction == Input::DOWN ? Input::UP : @direction)
end
# When possible to move from up→right or from right→up
if (passable?(@x, @y, Input::UP) and passable?(@x, @y - 1, Input::RIGHT)) or
(passable?(@x, @y, Input::RIGHT) and passable?(@x + 1, @y, Input::UP))
# Update coordinates
@x += 1
@y -= 1
end
end
end

end

Soul.//Silver
September 13th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Does anyone have a moves.txt for PBS that has all of the Pokemon D/P/P moves in it and if so can they please upload it, because I just noticed that the moves.txt in PBS doesn't have D/P/P moves in it, only 1st-3rd Gen moves.
All credit will go to whoever uploads it if they want credit. (Name in the Credits of my game).

Can someone please answer me. (And why do so many questions get ignored?)

Atomic Reactor
September 13th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Can someone please answer me. (And why do so many questions get ignored?)

Questions like that get ignored, because a lot of people dont have the answer.
The few people that do have those moves had to script to get them.
They're not just going to hand it over. You're going to have to learn how to script if you want to have DPP moves.

partyghoul2000
September 13th, 2008, 07:59 PM

are you also able to insert castform and arceus? i believe those are the only multiple form pokemon that you missed.

Nero9121
September 13th, 2008, 08:07 PM
OK...I have a question for everyone thats making a game. I am 80% done with PokeWorld Online. It is based on Ruby game and I am using all of the 1st generation pokemon in it.

IS THERE ANYONE THAT IS MAKING A GAME THAT ONLY HAS 2ND GENERATION OR 3RD GENEERATION POKEMON THAT WOULD LIKE TO SET UP OUR SERVERS TOGETHER THAT THAT PLAYERS HAVE TO TRADE WITH PLAYERS FROM THE OTHER GAME IN ORDER TO GET ALL POKEMON?

I am pretty sure you should be able to do this, and if not let me know...but...IF YOU ARE INTERESTED PM ME A DESCRIPTION OF YOUR GAME AND WHAT % DONE WITH IT YOU ARE

Is anyone interested in doing this or no? let me know

Wichu
September 13th, 2008, 10:09 PM
I didn't count Castform and Arceus, as their forms are due to their ability, and therefore do not need additional coding. I may look into having Castform's sprite change, though.

yaoimutt
September 13th, 2008, 10:44 PM
are you also able to insert castform and arceus? i believe those are the only multiple form pokemon that you missed.

i think what he means is the same thing i put before, as in 2 diffrent forms of pikachu, or any other pokemon like that.

Soul.//Silver
September 14th, 2008, 12:35 AM
What do this error mean and can someone please tell me how to fix it.
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee226/jirachi2808/Error1.png

PokemonOI
September 14th, 2008, 06:10 AM
Does anyone know how to make the trading pokemon system work?

Nero9121
September 14th, 2008, 08:09 AM
What do this error mean and can someone please tell me how to fix it.
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee226/jirachi2808/Error1.png

how did you change the colors of the borders like that?

And I just saw that Poccil released a new updated starter kit...what changes did you make?

yaoimutt
September 14th, 2008, 11:08 PM
how did you change the colors of the borders like that?

And I just saw that Poccil released a new updated starter kit...what changes did you make?

lol, the boarder isn't the game it's self, it's the theme of his pc (most people have the normal blue theme, he must have downloaded a new one or something) so it has nothing to do with the game :D, anyway, thanks for the info on the sk update :3 (goes off to download)

poccil
September 14th, 2008, 11:17 PM
These are the changes from the previous version:

* Added support for animated panoramas and fogs
* Allowed GIF files to be used as pictures in event commands
* Added documentation regarding publishing the server
* Fixed bug in tilemap for certain maps
* Added mechanism for changing the battle background for
a single battle (see documentation for details)

In addition, all information about graphics and resources are now in a single place in the documentation: the "Resource Specifications" section. This will prove useful for those who want to create new resources for their games.

Wichu
September 15th, 2008, 08:31 AM
I've added all the Unown forms to an archive. Download it here (http://www.2shared.com/file/3934744/93838e6d/Unowns.html). Took me a while to resize and rename 150-ish sprites.

(Actually, I made a script to do it for me :P)

EDIT: Poccil: If you want, add them to the SK.

partyghoul2000
September 15th, 2008, 07:46 PM
I've added all the Unown forms to an archive. Download it here (http://www.2shared.com/file/3934744/93838e6d/Unowns.html). Took me a while to resize and rename 150-ish sprites.

(Actually, I made a script to do it for me :P)

EDIT: Poccil: If you want, add them to the SK.

bah, you beat me to it :P

herojelly
September 16th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Hey, I have a problem... with a outdated Essentials, that is. :P

Anyways, I was editing the text box, and it looks pretty... stupid... Can someone help me?

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm159/gregoryjerian/MaArgument.png

As you can see, when I play it, the text box looks like that. You can see the edited text box to the side in Paint.NET.

Anywho, this might be about the black space, but it was like that with the old text box too, and it worked. So... if anybody could help, it would be much appreciated.

yaoimutt
September 16th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Hey, I have a problem... with a outdated Essentials, that is. :P

Anyways, I was editing the text box, and it looks pretty... stupid... Can someone help me?

As you can see, when I play it, the text box looks like that. You can see the edited text box to the side in Paint.NET.

Anywho, this might be about the black space, but it was like that with the old text box too, and it worked. So... if anybody could help, it would be much appreciated.

it wasn't like that in the old one, because of the way the old one was saved, if you looked at it outside of the game, sometimes it would look like that, it has everything to do with the images information, in fact, i'm sure that poccil fixed that in the past few updates (i don't know if poccil MEANT to fix that, i just know that it isn't a problem anymore) just edit the WHOLE box image to look like what you want, and it should work.

(ps, next time you have a big image, link to it or put it in something that will hide it so that it doesn't worp that page, :D)

partyghoul2000
September 16th, 2008, 09:55 PM
considering adding pockets is a huge pain to try to put in, would it be possible to make an item that holds other certain items? like a berry pouch for example. i was also curious if it was possible to permently change the player's appearence (current sprite) into something else without changing what meta player is being used? any help would be awesome. :D

SpawnHyuuga
September 17th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Sorry for being noobish, but why is it taking so long to compile? I don't know if its supposed to take forever, and I certainly know this has had a lot of hard work put into it.

(The thing like never starts.)

Also another question, is there a way to add my own types of pokemon. I'm not saying like Dark or Psychic, but like Shiny, Normal kind of thing. Like maybe I want to add Golds or Shadows (Spec. Shadow Lugia :D)

Wichu
September 17th, 2008, 12:20 PM
It does take a while to compile. Don't switch windows while it compiles, as it will stop compiling if you do.

I'm planning to include support for alternate sprites when I release my forms script. You might need some basic scripting knowledge to successfully use them.
If you give a detailed description of how you want them to work (for example, shininess is dependent on the Pokémon's personality and ID), I might be able to help.

Atomic Reactor
September 17th, 2008, 12:44 PM
What if you don't want shinys?
Can you just delete all the shiny sprites?
or will that mess things up?

Should i edit some part of the script?

PokemonOI
September 17th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Is there a way to make the pokemon trading work?

poccil
September 17th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Atomic_Reactor:

You can add the following in a new section in the script editor:

class PokeBattle_Pokemon
def isShiny?
return false # No Pokemon are shiny
end
end

Then it should be safe to remove all shiny Pokemon sprites.

PokemonOI:

An example of a Pokemon trade is found near the Pokemon Center's receptionist in the demo.
Just inspect the event, and you'll see how it works.

To set up the online trade system, please read the sections "Configuring the Server"
and "Publishing the Server" in the documentation for Pokemon Essentials.

Krobelus
September 18th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Hey Poccil I'm glad to see you still updating this kit! Especially since Platinum recently came out I say new features are in order :D

I have a couple questions however:

1. I named one of my animations "Common:Shiny" but it still doesn't play the Shiny animation when I encounter a shiny, how come?

2. I've looked about (in the script editor) that there is a new script entitled, "PokemonTriad" and I was wondering what that was? Is it a Pokemon version of the infamous Triple Triad from Final Fantasy 8?

3. How would I go about editing what bonus items you get when buying a certain amount of an Item? For example you buy 10 Pokeballs you get a Premier Ball, but what if you wanted more like if you bought 10 Potions you get a Super Potion (or something similar)?
[Edit] I seen in the Script Editor how it works out and I'm gonna fool around with it to see if I can get what I want out of it.

I think that's all for now,
-Krobe

SpawnHyuuga
September 18th, 2008, 11:36 AM
What I mean is like if you've played TPPCRPG, you can catch a Poke'mon in Normal, Shiny, Dark, and sometimes Golden. I want to be able to make multiple forms of Poke'mon for the player to catch.

Wichu
September 18th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Well, if you give the approximate rarities of each kind (shiny is 1/8192), I think I could help with this.

Champio30
September 18th, 2008, 04:59 PM
question
how do u add a trainer to ur pokegear

Grifstar
September 18th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Well, if you give the approximate rarities of each kind (shiny is 1/8192), I think I could help with this.

Actually, is there a way to lower(or raise, I dunno which counts XD) the rarity for shinies? As in, where in the script does it tell that?

Hardy Har Har
September 18th, 2008, 10:19 PM
I wonder how the alternate forms are implemented? And how to add new environments, like the Elite Four rooms in RSE-FRLG?

SpawnHyuuga
September 19th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Could you please explain how I could do this myself? I don't mean to be rude, but some of them I want to be wild and others I want to make events, and etc. The point about it is I just want to be able to control when they pop-up. Kind of like Shiny Gyarados (I'm thinking Shadow Lugia), or would there be a way to control it if I give you the variables? I appreciate your help anyways.

Anyways here: ( I randomly generated them :) )
Shadow ("Mind Control"): 1/1678
Dark: 1/672
Golden: 1/9561

That's all I can think of right now anyways.

Pokehero22
September 19th, 2008, 02:17 PM
I have a simple question.

How do I change backgrounds and stuff for a battle.

Like, a gym battle or something?

Grifstar
September 19th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Whee, time to throw more questions at people XD (although, I'm wondering about the form thing too, maybe it's not programmed yet D: )

How do you also make a Pokemon that can't be captured in a particular wild encounter? A battle exactly like that Marowak that was in the Pokemon Tower in R/B/FR/LG.. There's a few legendary battles that I want to be more like boss fights, but not let players capture them right away. (There will be a time later on where you can rebattle it and capture it then)

Secondly.. STILL getting ahead of myself >.>; Can I make new/multiple "allow lists" for Battle Tower-like tournaments? Because what I really want to do is set up one for each kind of type (a tournament where you can only use fires, another where you can only use waters, etc)

And finally two more.. that probably sound really n00b-ish... How do you make a new Pokemon type(preferably how do you set up it's resistances/weaknesses.. the rest I kind of know how to do)? And how do you make it so that if you get a new badge, it shows up on you're information page?

EDIT: pffft, screw the type question.. found it.. *feels really stupid now* >.>;

poccil
September 19th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Pokehero22:

Changing battle backgrounds is a new feature in Pokemon Essentials. See the documentation under "Battle Backgrounds (http://upokecenter.com/projects/pokestarter/notes.html#battlebackgrounds)" for details.

Grifstar:

There are currently no mechanisms for enabling the two features you mention. The closest possible to getting the functionality of the second feature is below:

Edit the "blacklist" at the top of the script section "PokemonOrgBattle", a list of
species that are never allowed to participate in a battle.

On line 532 of PokemonOrgBattle, there is a check determining whether a Pokemon is eligible for a certain battle, in this case by checking its level against a maximum:

elsif pokemon.level<=maxlevel
eligibility.push(1) # ineligible

Change that to the following:

elsif pokemon.level<=maxlevel && pbIsEligible?(pokemon)
eligibility.push(1) # ineligible

That adds a function call to a not-yet-defined function, "pbIsEligible?", which will determine a Pokemon's eligibility. The function pbIsEligible? could be defined like this (put it at the bottom of the script section PokemonOrgBattle):

def pbIsEligible?(pokemon)
# If variable 30 is set to 1
if $game_variables[30]==1
# Only water types are eligible
if pokemon.type1==PBTypes::WATER || pokemon.type2==PBTypes::WATER
return true
end
return false
end
# If variable 30 is set to 2
if $game_variables[30]==2
# Only fire types are eligible
if pokemon.type1==PBTypes::FIRE || pokemon.type2==PBTypes::FIRE
return true
end
return false
end
# Variable wasn't set, assume Pokemon is eligible
return true
end

The eligibility of the Pokemon depends on the current value of variable number 30. Before letting the player choose a Pokemon, you set the variable to the appropriate value depending on the type of battle (1 for water types, 2 for fire types, 3 for all Pokemon).

I hope this helps.

partyghoul2000
September 19th, 2008, 06:19 PM
considering adding pockets is a huge pain to try to put in, would it be possible to make an item that holds other certain items? like a berry pouch for example. i was also curious if it was possible to permently change the player's appearence (current sprite) into something else without changing what meta player is being used? any help would be awesome. :D

i hate having to request this again, but could anybody give an answer or some insight for this?

Grifstar
September 19th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Poccil:

I suppose that would work, but it won't affect pokemon that are dual type though right? Because originally I was just thought about making a new banned list (I thought making a list of ones that would be allowed, but just now noticed it wouldn't work as well) for each one.. But I didn't know if the script would like it or not.

But... Alright. It's still a while before I need to use any of these, so maybe it'll all be fixed by then.

Ultimo Spriter
September 19th, 2008, 09:30 PM
i need alot of help with ur starter kit because the help thingo isnt helping and the editor thingo wont work

Ravecat
September 19th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Can anyone tell me if the in-battle images can be larger?

Not at my pc so I can't check.. :l

poccil
September 19th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Grifstar:

The code above allows species that have the specified type, including those with two types.

Emerald Ex:

Though the recommended size of each Pokemon image is 128x128, each image can actually be larger or smaller.

partyghoul2000:

You can make an item call another screen within its item handler. Here's
an example. Assume the item is a key item and has an internal name of MYITEM:

ItemHandlers.addUseInField(:MYITEM, proc {
pbFadeOutIn(99999){ # Optional
scene=MyScene.new # Create the scene
screen=MyScreen.new(scene) # Create the screen
screen.pbStartScreen # Initialize the scene
} # Optional
})

ItemHandlers.addUseFromBag(:MYITEM, proc {
pbFadeOutIn(99999){ # Optional
scene=MyScene.new # Create the scene
screen=MyScreen.new(scene) # Create the screen
screen.pbStartScreen # Initialize the scene
} # Optional
next 1 # item was used
})

See the advanced documentation, under "Scenes in Pokemon Essentials",
for more details.

An update to Pokemon Essentials will make it possible to just implement
the "addUseInField" item handler in this situation.

Ravecat
September 19th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Oh that's good, thankyou.

SpawnHyuuga
September 20th, 2008, 06:52 AM
I still have my question posted, I'm wondering if it can be done. If it can be done I would appreciate knowing. Otherwise could someone direct me to a kit that can do that?

Pokehero22
September 20th, 2008, 07:35 AM
Hey Poccil. You know how you have that follow script in Pokemon Essentials?

Could you change that into a caterpillar script? So that it'd be easy to apply it?

Ravecat
September 20th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Grifstar:
Emerald Ex:

Though the recommended size of each Pokemon image is 128x128, each image can actually be larger or smaller.

Oh, I see what you mean.

I was going to make them all DP sprites, but yeah, that doesn't work.

Grifstar
September 20th, 2008, 05:28 PM
You can get DP pokemon sprites to work (and even Platinum ones too, I wanna change a couple to that now myself).

If you have Photoshop for Adobe, all you need to do is paste the sprite you want to use as a PSD file. Make sure it's transparent, then go into into Image Size and change it's size to 128x128. Then just save it as a PNG and over the file that's in the battler folder right now. It'll be a little blurred but it still looks better than the sprites in it right now.

You can't enlarge the image while it's still in PNG format or else it'll have that weird problem with the lines, like all the 4th gen pokemon in the starter kit right now.

I suggest only doing the changes to the Pokemon you have in your game right now... Unless you want to do the process over 493 times (and that's not counting back sprites and shinies)

Ravecat
September 20th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Yeah, see, I'm all or nothing.

I'll either use perfect quality/size DP sprites or just stick with the current ones.
(If there's a way to lower where the in-battle image is rendered, it's still possible... and I imagine one of the scripts has control of that, right? The image fits easily but the problem is the pokemon has to be standing on the top half of the image, the bottom half is useless.)

I can't handle blurred pixels.

Thanks for the tip though.

Grifstar
September 20th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Well, I've gotten used to the blur, so it doesn't bother me anymore XD

The other ways I've tried have been making the canvas size bigger(the sprite stays the same, but the area around is increases), that way it's placeholder is right.. but then they look way too small. And then I tried increasing the the sprite to 200% but then it looks waaaay too big on the screen >.>;

But if you are going to play with it more, use Lugia. His DP sprite takes up all four sides (wings to feet are exactly 80 pixels, and head to tail is 80 too.. which 80x80 is the max size for DP), so ideally he's as big as you need to get. There's probably a few other pokemon that are like that too but that's the only one I know of.

Hall Of Famer
September 20th, 2008, 07:54 PM
Hopefully some D/P sprites and other graphics will be included in the next release...

Flameguru
September 20th, 2008, 08:28 PM
To make everyone happy, Poccil should include a DP Resolution because a lot of people here want DP Sprites.

Personally, I don't but a lot of people do.

Poccil will probably be posting an update soon, because currently there is a glitch in encrypted games.

Wichu
September 20th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Would anyone be interested if I asked Mastermind_X for permission to use the Platinum sprites he ripped? I'd resize and rename them all; I could make have both high-quality 160x160 versions, and lower-quality 128x128 versions.

Ravecat
September 20th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Yes, the high quality ones would be amazingly helpful.

I'd still need a way to implement them though. :l

Geeked
September 21st, 2008, 07:28 AM
Yes, I discovered the glitch while trying to beta test Metallic Silver, it happens when you encrypt the games, and try to play them.. Hopefully poccil will fix the problem soon :)

Edit: If I may can I request a way to trigger a phone call, not sure if its possible, I've looked throught the notes.html and advanced.html...

Shikamaru88
September 22nd, 2008, 07:32 PM
may i ask why is everybody asking Poccil to do all the work why dont you scriot these features into your game yourself and make your game unique

partyghoul2000
September 24th, 2008, 08:13 AM
may i ask why is everybody asking Poccil to do all the work why dont you scriot these features into your game yourself and make your game unique

well, he is asking for donations for his education. i find that to be a worthy cause to raise some money for learning, it's like a win win situation...unless nobody donates of course.

Ashje
September 24th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Hey poccil I have the walls of a house set to X in the Terrain tags but it still lets me walk on them... Help? Also the black isn't working either. You can walk on some of it but the rest stops you. How do I get rid of that some?

poccil
September 24th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Terrain tags do not control whether the player can walk on tiles. Use the passage settings instead (in the Tilesets tab of the Database). The black on some rooms is not really black, it's just that the walls were accidentally not drawn black.

partyghoul2000
September 24th, 2008, 07:43 PM
could this method be explained a bit more?
pbDownloadToString(url)
what type of file should it be and would you use it to turn switches on and off and change variables?

poccil
September 24th, 2008, 08:33 PM
That function returns a string containing downloaded content from a URL. If the download fails, it returns an empty string. The resource specified by the URL should be a plain text file.

The example offered in the demo (on the far left of the first row of computers in the map "Test Map 2") shows how the function can be used to set a variable and display it as text. Of course, the function can also be used in the script editor, in advanced situations where the game must connect to the Internet.

Pokehero22
September 24th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Hey poccil, I have a really small question.

How would I go about making a contest?

or, could you script one in?

poccil
September 24th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Xray:

There is generally no need to trigger a phone call specially, since such calls normally occur at a predetermined time in the game.

Pokehero22:

Contests are not supported. I have no plans to add support for them.

partyghoul2000
September 24th, 2008, 09:09 PM
That function returns a string containing downloaded content from a URL. If the download fails, it returns an empty string. The resource specified by the URL should be a plain text file.

The example offered in the demo (on the far left of the first row of computers in the map "Test Map 2") shows how the function can be used to set a variable and display it as text. Of course, the function can also be used in the script editor, in advanced situations where the game must connect to the Internet.

but with one of the three pbDownload etc, would it be possible to change switches and variables?

Krobelus
September 24th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Hey Poccil I'm glad to see you still updating this kit! Especially since Platinum recently came out I say new features are in order :D

I have a couple questions however:

1. I named one of my animations "Common:Shiny" but it still doesn't play the Shiny animation when I encounter a shiny, how come?

2. I've looked about (in the script editor) that there is a new script entitled, "PokemonTriad" and I was wondering what that was? Is it a Pokemon version of the infamous Triple Triad from Final Fantasy 8?

3. How would I go about editing what bonus items you get when buying a certain amount of an Item? For example you buy 10 Pokeballs you get a Premier Ball, but what if you wanted more like if you bought 10 Potions you get a Super Potion (or something similar)?
[Edit] I seen in the Script Editor how it works out and I'm gonna fool around with it to see if I can get what I want out of it.

I think that's all for now,
-Krobe

Okay I`m quoting myself from the previous page in hopes that someone will answer the questions.

Also I`m not sure if this bug is fixed, but Poccil there was a problem when an event was in the middle of running and if you save and shut off the game and reload it, the event will be moved back at the spot but still in the middle of the event.

It`s hard to explain, but basically when I was test playing this fan game, You would be in the middle of choosing your Pokemon from Prof. Oak, and once you chose your Pokemon your Rival would as well. At that point I saved and turned the game off. I came back later to find the Rival in his original spot in front of Oak but he would still be in the state of which before he would battle you when you attempt to leave. Therefore leading to a glitch where he would walk into the wall.

If you still don`t understand I`ll try to clarify further unless it`s been fixed already.

-Krobe

poccil
September 24th, 2008, 09:19 PM
partyghoul2000:

Those functions cannot be used by themselves to change switches and variables. Please look at the event in the demo (on the far left of the first row of computers in the map "Test Map 2") for an example of how the result of the download functions, in this case a string, can be used to set a variable. That variable would then store that string. It also shows how such a variable can be displayed in a text box.

Krobelus:

To answer number 1, I've tested it and it works fine for me.

To answer number 2, yes, the game is based on "Triple Triad" from Final Fantasy 8. The Pokemon theme adapted here astonishingly well.

I don't see how the problem you have could happen. I need to look at the map where the problem occurred (just the map file, that's all).

partyghoul2000
September 24th, 2008, 09:28 PM
partyghoul2000:

Those functions cannot be used by themselves to change switches and variables. Please look at the event in the demo (on the far left of the first row of computers in the map "Test Map 2") for an example of how the result of the download functions, in this case a string, can be used to set a variable. That variable would then store that string. It also shows how such a variable can be displayed in a text box.

Krobelus:

To answer number 2, yes, the game is based on "Triple Triad" from Final Fantasy 8. The Pokemon theme adapted here astonishingly well.

ah...alright, follow me here. so if i make the text file say bacon and make a small script that basically says if string=bacon, it would turn on switch. would that work?

poccil
September 24th, 2008, 09:43 PM
partyghoul2000:

Yes, the situation would work as you describe it. Next time, please use private messaging for questions like this.

partyghoul2000
September 24th, 2008, 09:45 PM
partyghoul2000:

Yes, the situation would work as you describe it. Next time, please use private messaging for questions like this.

w00t! thanks poccil!
sorry, i'll keep that in mind next time.

Ravecat
September 25th, 2008, 02:11 AM
You plan to fix the HM-use when you don't have an adequate Pokemon, right?

Sorry if it's been asked before but it's the only major problem I've got.

PoKéMaKeR
September 25th, 2008, 02:19 AM
You plan to fix the HM-use when you don't have an adequate Pokemon, right?

Sorry if it's been asked before but it's the only major problem I've got.

Instead of test play, open the game.exe file of your game and play it that way..

Ravecat
September 25th, 2008, 02:24 AM
I didn't realise that was part of debug mode.

my mistake.

PoKéMaKeR
September 25th, 2008, 02:28 AM
I didn't realise that was part of debug mode.

my mistake.

Haha, that's alright altough I think it's mentioned somewhere in the Notes.html file!

PoKéMaKeR

Krobelus
September 25th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Krobelus:

I don't see how the problem you have could happen. I need to look at the map where the problem occurred (just the map file, that's all).

I'll check on the Shiny thing again, I'm not sure what could be wrong though..

Oooh Pokemon Triple Triad.. sounds fun! Is it complete or do you still have to work on it some more? And I'm pretty sure you know this, but SephirothSpawn made a Triple Triad script in-case you wanted to refer to something.

I'll send you the map file through PM.

Thanks,
-Krobe

Ashje
September 25th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Terrain tags do not control whether the player can walk on tiles. Use the passage settings instead (in the Tilesets tab of the Database). The black on some rooms is not really black, it's just that the walls were accidentally not drawn black.

Sorry, Passage Tags are what I meant. The ones with the X's and O's. The black tiles are set on X but I can still walk on them. A table is set on X but I can still walk on it. The wall that I used in other rooms which can't be walked on in those rooms is set on X but I can still walk on it. In other rooms it works fine. In these rooms it is weird. Help please. Thanks. ^^

Wichu
September 26th, 2008, 08:17 AM
Check layers 2 and 3 - make sure you're only erasing with the tile in the very top-left.

partyghoul2000
September 26th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Contests are not supported. I have no plans to add support for them.

contests not supported...ah poop. are pokeblocks gonna be implemented?

Ravecat
September 26th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Most of the stuff like that isn't really Pokemon as much as it is minigames, which I suppose is why he's leaving it to you to program.

Wichu
September 26th, 2008, 11:51 PM
Well, here's all the new Platinum sprites. Give credit to Aeonos and Mastermind_X, since they spent hours ripping them. I just renamed and resized them into Essentials format.
Frame 1 (128x128) (http://www.2shared.com/file/3997689/184060a4/128A.html)
Frame 2 (128x128) (http://www.2shared.com/file/3997717/2ff89cdd/128B.html)
Frame 1 (160x160) (http://www.2shared.com/file/3997732/6da40ad0/160A.html)
Frame 2 (160x160) (http://www.2shared.com/file/3997747/528f6898/160B.html)
EDIT: Frame 2 done.
EDIT 2: Frame 1 (160x160) done.
EDIT 3: Finished all Platinum sprites.
EDIT 4: As a bonus, here's the different forms of Arceus (http://www.2shared.com/file/3997765/8eb76b36/Arceus.html).

Soul.//Silver
September 27th, 2008, 12:21 AM
How do I make an event erase itself only if a certan event has been done. Example: in Pokemon G/S/C this person stopped you from going into Route 29 before you received your Pokemon and then after you got your Pokemon the "person stopping you" event was erased. I just need to know how I would do this sort of thing.

Thanks,
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee226/jirachi2808/DestinedSignatureforPosts.png

Wichu
September 27th, 2008, 12:24 AM
Create a new event page in the event you want to erase, leaving it blank. Set its condition to a switch. Then, when you want to erase the event, turn that switch on. This will make the last page activate. Since it's blank, this effectively deletes the event.

Soul.//Silver
September 27th, 2008, 01:19 AM
I'm a bit confused lol.
Ok, I need the events circled in red to get erased after the script in the second screenshot is activated. Could you maybe post a screenshot of the settings of each events second page?
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee226/jirachi2808/HelpwithEventErasing1.png
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee226/jirachi2808/HelpwithEventErasing2.png

Wichu
September 27th, 2008, 03:19 AM
At the end of the event, turn a switch on (for example, switch 35). Then, on each of the events you want to delete, add this page.
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/6350/tempse3.png
using the same switch you turned on earlier.

Soul.//Silver
September 27th, 2008, 03:28 AM
Thanks for that Wichu, now I know how to control switches.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee226/jirachi2808/DestinedSignatureforPosts.png

SpawnHyuuga
September 27th, 2008, 06:18 AM
A couple questions...

1.) Like I've asked before (I've got plenty of time it seems this isn't a finished script package so I may wait till its done to make a project) but is it possible to add forms of Pokemon? Not like Arceus, etc. but lke Shadow, Dark, Shiny etc.

2.) Is this for XP or VX?

3.) How longs does it take the Editor.exe to finish its job and what is its purpose?

Hardy Har Har
September 27th, 2008, 07:02 PM
How can I make the banner to appear when a Gym Leader is battled(like in Platinum, that the "VS. [Gym Leader]" will appear, together with the gym leader's image?)

Atomic Reactor
September 27th, 2008, 07:05 PM
do a show picture command perhaps?

Flameguru
September 27th, 2008, 07:34 PM
A couple questions...

1.) Like I've asked before (I've got plenty of time it seems this isn't a finished script package so I may wait till its done to make a project) but is it possible to add forms of Pokemon? Not like Arceus, etc. but lke Shadow, Dark, Shiny etc.

2.) Is this for XP or VX?

3.) How longs does it take the Editor.exe to finish its job and what is its purpose?

1) Yes.
2) XP
3) Make Animations, dunno, never used it.

SpawnHyuuga
September 28th, 2008, 05:56 AM
1) Yes.
2) XP
3) Make Animations, dunno, never used it.

In response:

1.) Alright could someone help me script or do whatever to make multiple forms or colors available?

2.) Alright that could've been a give me I just got lost cause I have XP and VX.

3.) Alright, I don't know but I swear I've ran this three times for hours on end and nothing ever happens, it just stays black. No it's not minimized.

Wichu
September 28th, 2008, 06:04 AM
Running Editor.exe is the same as using the Visual Editor command in the debug menu.

Olimar72
September 28th, 2008, 08:58 AM
I tried downloading the 7/1/08 version of pokemon essentials. I'm pretty sure that's correct file to open up is game.rxproj right? When I open it up it gives me an error saying "Failed to Load Actor Data". I'm not sure why this is, or if it's just the wrong file. Also, I'm using Windows Vista if that might effect it, i'm not sure. By the way, yes, I do have RMXP. I'm trying to open up the file basically so I just want to know how to access it.

Lorem Ipsum
September 28th, 2008, 09:08 AM
You have to run as administrator in Vista.

Olimar72
September 28th, 2008, 09:14 AM
You have to run as administrator in Vista.
What, What do you mean? Do I have to save and open it in hp_administrator?

Lorem Ipsum
September 28th, 2008, 12:35 PM
This should help. (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=115394)

Olimar72
September 28th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Thanks that helped but I couldn't do steps 5 or 7 for some reason... So I need to figure out why it's not working.

crzyone9584
September 28th, 2008, 06:34 PM
im using the fr and lg sound that partyghoul2000 submitted int eh resources post and they are mp3. the title (logo/title screen) load midi ad i was wondering if i could get it to load mp'3s

partyghoul2000
September 28th, 2008, 07:55 PM
im using the fr and lg sound that partyghoul2000 submitted int eh resources post and they are mp3. the title (logo/title screen) load midi ad i was wondering if i could get it to load mp'3s

okay, go to the database, go to the system tab and choose your mp3 of choice under Title BGM

crzyone9584
September 28th, 2008, 08:41 PM
okay, go to the database, go to the system tab and choose your mp3 of choice under Title BGM

lol i feel stupid i was looking through the scene_intro script on how to change it lol.

partyghoul2000
September 28th, 2008, 09:28 PM
lol i feel stupid i was looking through the scene_intro script on how to change it lol.

that's alright, everyone's got stupid questions every so often, including myself. :P

Pokehero22
September 28th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Hey I asked this question a while ago, but the answer wasn't REALLY what I meant.

I want there to be a switch turned on, and the badge page, changes into a different Page. I mean, the graphic changes.

How would I do this?

apolloman
September 29th, 2008, 04:55 AM
I wonder if anyone can help me, is it possible to set up a trainer battle where the player must have a specific pokemon to battle the oponent. I dont if this has already been answered, ive looked but 128 Pages is Alot!!

PS: Pop 2 Poccil for this awesome kit,You truly are a GOD

delyemerald2
September 29th, 2008, 08:08 AM
1. How can you add more badges?
2. How can you show them?
3. Wich way of scripting is need making an minigame?

crzyone9584
September 29th, 2008, 08:56 AM
I wonder if anyone can help me, is it possible to set up a trainer battle where the player must have a specific pokemon to battle the oponent. I dont if this has already been answered, ive looked but 128 Pages is Alot!!

PS: Pop 2 Poccil for this awesome kit,You truly are a GOD

i think you can pull this off with a condtional branch then using pbhaspokemon: and then initiate the trianer battle then for the else statment just ext the event.

apolloman
September 29th, 2008, 12:16 PM
cizyone9584 thanx for the help but i tried it and no look i think i have the script in the right order lyk you said. the battle still goes ahead as normal regardless of wether i have the said pokemon or not.

Budgie_boy
September 29th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Hi guys, I've just a quick go on the program, really well done. the most solid game maker game I've seen - EVER!

Keep up the good work guys...I'm going to be using my own...hopefully...

crzyone9584
September 29th, 2008, 01:19 PM
cizyone9584 thanx for the help but i tried it and no look i think i have the script in the right order lyk you said. the battle still goes ahead as normal regardless of wether i have the said pokemon or not.

when i have more time i'll look into it a little bit more.

also ive seen it before but how do u make like an intro for the game. how in some games the character is running in a field then riding a bike. how would i do that?

Crazyninjaguy
September 30th, 2008, 06:45 AM
heya, i have one problem, when i try to use a movie in my project with the script provided, it comes up with syntax error, anyone know why?
I would post the exact thing i type, but rmxp is on my other pc :/

crzyone9584
September 30th, 2008, 08:17 AM
would it be possible to add like a script from rxmp to the starter kit?

SpawnHyuuga
September 30th, 2008, 02:16 PM
would it be possible to add like a script from rxmp to the starter kit?

I would believe so as long as they don't interfere with each other. (Probably highly unlikely) since this kit overwrites just about everything.

crzyone9584
September 30th, 2008, 03:25 PM
I would believe so as long as they don't interfere with each other. (Probably highly unlikely) since this kit overwrites just about everything.

so its baiscally trial and error. thought id ask before i screw it up and have to restart working on it.

PokettoMonsuta
October 1st, 2008, 03:47 AM
So i heard this supports GIF pics?? Does that mean the pokemon can be GIF also???

AtlantianTokRa
October 2nd, 2008, 08:23 AM
is there a way to have it so there are several possible title screen which are shown randomly
i.e. the game starts up and the title screen has, say, either a charmander, a charmeleon or a charizard on it

Budgie_boy
October 2nd, 2008, 03:59 PM
is there a way to have it so there are several possible title screen which are shown randomly
i.e. the game starts up and the title screen has, say, either a charmander, a charmeleon or a charizard on it

yes through scripting and or event processing (what ever way you decide to have it)

PokemonOI
October 3rd, 2008, 06:22 AM
How do I go about assigning a battle background to a terrain tag? and how do I assign a new region map to a new region like when Your in kanto the kanto map is used but when your in johto the johto map is used?

I also need to know how to start a new trainer card for a new region after completing another one. like If you finish canto you go to the OI's and the new trainer card will show the Orange island badges.

crzyone9584
October 3rd, 2008, 07:29 AM
How do I go about assigning a battle background to a terrain tag? and how do I assign a new region map to a new region like when Your in kanto the kanto map is used but when your in johto the johto map is used?

I also need to know how to start a new trainer card for a new region after completing another one. like If you finish canto you go to the OI's and the new trainer card will show the Orange island badges.

for the map jsut search trhis thread. i asked a while back and it was answered.

i felt bored so i searched for you. i was answered then i answered some one to. look into the townmap.txt file. its set up there for the two different regions.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=3731213#post3731213

PokemonOI
October 3rd, 2008, 08:55 AM
I cannot find how to make trainer specific battle backgrounds.

I had found it but now i get this:

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'undefined method `nextBattleBack=' for #<PokemonGlobalMetadata:0x5838fa0>
Section019:238:in `pbExecuteScript'
Section019:1614:in `eval'
Section019:238:in `pbExecuteScript'
Section019:1614:in `command_355'
Section019:466:in `execute_command'
Section019:190:in `update'
Section019:104:in `loop'
Section019:195:in `update'
Section021:99:in `update'
Section021:97:in `loop'
Interpreter:249:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1614:in `command_355'
Interpreter:466:in `execute_command'
Scene_Map:99:in `update'
Scene_Map:97:in `loop'
Scene_Map:110:in `update'
Scene_Map:66:in `main'

How do I make new terrain tags and assign Battle Backgrounds to them?

Luke128th
October 3rd, 2008, 10:12 AM
You'd have to go into the script editor for that(I think I saw it there) and even then I don't remember where it was. The Battle BG are already set in the scripts for the different tile types.

Now for my own question. I'm pretty sure this was asked a LONG, long time ago and wasn't answered(Maybe it was???) Is it possible to set up more than just four characters in the game? I looked through the scripts and notes and didn't find anything that said otherwise. I haven't tried it yet, but if it is possible, can you add more than four playable characters in the starter kit?

PokemonOI
October 3rd, 2008, 12:06 PM
Now I get

Exception: RuntimeError
Section059:365:in `load_bitmap'Failed to load bitmap: Graphics/Pictures/battlebgGraphics/Pictures/battlebgXXX.png
PokeBattle_ActualScene:1295:in `pbAddPlane'
PokeBattle_ActualScene:1384:in `pbBackdrop'
PokeBattle_ActualScene:1481:in `pbStartBattle'
PokeBattle_Battle:570:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:542:in `pbStartBattle'
PokemonField:414:in `pbWildBattle'
PokemonField:413:in `pbSceneStandby'
PokemonField:415:in `pbWildBattle'
PokemonField:412:in `pbBattleAnimation'
Interpreter:250:in `pbExecuteScript'
Scene_Map:111:in `update'

poccil
October 3rd, 2008, 01:42 PM
The "XXX" is a placeholder and stands for anything. For example, if you use "Water" for "XXX", then the file names would be "battlebgWater", "playerBaseWater", etc.

PokemonOI
October 3rd, 2008, 01:54 PM
The "XXX" is a placeholder and stands for anything. For example, if you use "Water" for "XXX", then the file names would be "battlebgWater", "playerBaseWater", etc.
alright and how do I edit and add terrain tags?
and which script allows the battle specific background thing?

and now I get
Pokemon Essentials
Exception: RuntimeError
Section059:365:in `load_bitmap'Failed to load bitmap: Graphics/Pictures/battlebgbattleb
g8playerbase3enemybase13.png
PokeBattle_ActualScene:1295:in `pbAddPlane'
PokeBattle_ActualScene:1384:in `pbBackdrop'
PokeBattle_ActualScene:1481:in `pbStartBattle'
PokeBattle_Battle:570:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:542:in `pbStartBattle'
PokemonField:414:in `pbWildBattle'
PokemonField:413:in `pbSceneStandby'
PokemonField:415:in `pbWildBattle'
PokemonField:412:in `pbBattleAnimation'

Interpreter:250:in `pbExecuteScript'
Scene_Map:111:in `update'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.
Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

Pokepal2007
October 3rd, 2008, 02:21 PM
how do you make it so that there is no black gap between each picture in the intro screen?

Crimnor
October 3rd, 2008, 03:00 PM
Hey, I got a question.
How can I use the Dp Battlebacks?

crzyone9584
October 4th, 2008, 03:46 PM
ive been wroking on getting a few scripts i found to work with the starter kit. the only problem ive been having is the Window_base script/scriptlet. I was wondering for those who script witht he starter kit if you new what replaced this script/scriptlet.

poccil
October 4th, 2008, 08:07 PM
crzyone9584:

All windows in Pokemon Essentials are derived from SpriteWindow_Base and SpriteWindow_Selectable instead. In some cases, these two classes are not compatible with the Window_Base classes included in RPG Maker XP.

crzyone9584
October 4th, 2008, 08:22 PM
crzyone9584:

All windows in Pokemon Essentials are derived from SpriteWindow_Base and SpriteWindow_Selectable instead. In some cases, these two classes are not compatible with the Window_Base classes included in RPG Maker XP.

so its pretty much change and pray that it works. ok. so window base is sprite window_base and then window selectable is Spritewindow_selectable.

so far so good. thanks poccil for the help. i just need to resize most of the images that im using so they fit in the window of the game.

Pokehero22
October 5th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Me again :P

How do I change where the Press Start goes?

Ravecat
October 5th, 2008, 11:30 PM
You can do it by making the image bigger.

There's probably a better way in coding though.

crzyone9584
October 6th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Me again :P

How do I change where the Press Start goes?

in the scene_intro i beleive look for @start = sprite new then a line or two down will be numbers the first one is the x axis. change that to what ever you want. Then to move it left or right open the image and move it left or right. gimp will work just fine.

kay3o
October 6th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Hey I've been getting this error when walking near a map I've made, Please help?

Pokemon Essentials
Exception: NoMethodError

Spriteset_Map:225:in `_animationSprite_update'

Kay3o -Thanks

Wichu
October 6th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Pokehero: In the Scene_Intro script, find @start.x= and @start.y= and modify them. X moves it left or right, and y moves it up or down. Increase the numbers to move it down or right, and decrease for up and left.
Kay3o: I'm pretty sure that's been fixed. Try updating to the newest version.

crzyone9584
October 6th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Pokehero: In the Scene_Intro script, find @start.x= and @start.y= and modify them. X moves it left or right, and y moves it up or down. Increase the numbers to move it down or right, and decrease for up and left.
Kay3o: I'm pretty sure that's been fixed. Try updating to the newest version.

the x doesn't work. you need to edit the picture for the left and right. (yes i have the newest version)

Budgie_boy
October 6th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Just a general question:

Do you guys plan on doing the intro screen for pokemon with animated title screen...or keeping the one in place at the moment?

imtheomega
October 6th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Just a general question:

Do you guys plan on doing the intro screen for pokemon with animated title screen...or keeping the one in place at the moment?

Well, you can always add it by yourself...

I've said previously that I had "done" an introduction script wich was very easy to use : u have just to insert images/gifs in an intro event.
But not a lot of people have ask to have it.

@Poccil :

If u come on the topic, I've sent u a private message about an INTL problem.

Here it is :

Hi poccil,

It's to report u a problem with the intl thing.

When u put a line with a \1 at the end, like

To localize the text for a particular language, translate every second line in the file.\1

it is not translated in the game :s.

If u could take a look at it....

crzyone9584
October 6th, 2008, 09:03 PM
is it posible to make stairs going up a cliff on its side?

imtheomega
October 6th, 2008, 09:06 PM
is it posible to make stairs going up a cliff on its side?

Obviously it's possible... U just have to create the stairs tiles :/ .

poccil
October 6th, 2008, 09:22 PM
crzyone9584:

See the section "Side Stairs" in the documentation to learn how.

crzyone9584
October 6th, 2008, 10:31 PM
crzyone9584:

See the section "Side Stairs" in the documentation to learn how.

thought i saw something on it but couldn't find it tonight.

ok. now is there a graphic that creates stairs on a side of the cliff?

apolloman
October 7th, 2008, 05:30 AM
heya, any chance sumone would be able to help me with this script?

yea its for a digimon game. its for a trainer battle that will only happen if the player has the right pokemon. Now the event checks for the pokemon and does everything right wen i dont have the required pokemon, but when i do the battle doesnt start. Im sure im on the right track but i just cant make happen..

crzyone9584
October 7th, 2008, 07:18 AM
heya, any chance sumone would be able to help me with this script?

yea its for a digimon game. its for a trainer battle that will only happen if the player has the right pokemon. Now the event checks for the pokemon and does everything right wen i dont have the required pokemon, but when i do the battle doesnt start. Im sure im on the right track but i just cant make happen..

Conditional Branch: Script: pbHasSpecies?(::PBSpecies::CELEBI)
Comment:Battle: Battle me now!
Comment: Type:traiathlete_FemaleCyclist
Comment: Name Cindy
Comment: End Speech: A very good battle, indeed
Commen: End Battle: Thanks for the battle
Script: pbtrainerIntro(:TRAIATHLETE_FemaleCyclist
Script: Kernel.pbNoticePlayer(get-character(0))
Text Battle me Now
Conditional Branch: Script pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::TRIATHLETE_femaleCyclist, "Cindy",_I("A very good battle, indeed"),false,0)
Else
exit event
Branch End

and edit the things needed so its for your digmon game i jsut did the first example of a battle i could find.
be sure that u have added the trainer/digimon trainer to the trainer.txt with what he has and that you edited the pokemon.txt and added argumon to it. or it will fail

Olimar72
October 7th, 2008, 10:41 AM
tried downloading the october 4 08 version of pokemon essentials. I'm pretty sure that's correct file to open up is game.rxproj right? When I open it up it gives me an error saying "Failed to Load Actor Data". I'm not sure why this is, or if it's just the wrong file. Also, I'm using Windows Vista if that might effect it, i'm not sure. By the way, yes, I do have RMXP. I'm trying to open up the file basically so I just want to know how to access it.

AtlantianTokRa
October 7th, 2008, 11:49 AM
crzyone9584:

See the section "Side Stairs" in the documentation to learn how. and if the cliff was only 1 tile high? i.e (using the same notation as in the instrucions)
......|------
......|------
......A------
......A------
......|------
......|------

PokettoMonsuta
October 7th, 2008, 12:54 PM
can you guys give a lil tutorial on dependable events or w/e, its kinda hard to do.

Yuoaman
October 7th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Okay... I have a problem, I've been trying to make Trainer Events, and they're not working... Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d39/yuoaman/ummmm.png

crzyone9584
October 7th, 2008, 02:40 PM
and if the cliff was only 1 tile high? i.e (using the same notation as in the instrucions)
......|------
......|------
......A------
......A------
......|------
......|------

what if it is about ten or so. thats what im confused .cuz its a high cliff

Geeked
October 7th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Okay... I have a problem, I've been trying to make Trainer Events, and they're not working... Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Cause those are comment lines you put, trainer battles are a script...

Likewise
October 7th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Cause those are comment lines you put, trainer battles are a script...
actually no, i've been having the same problem, sorry i dont know how to fix it, for me its pure luck, just keep redoing it xD

anyway, i've been having a problem changing the character graphic to a snowboarding sprite for an event.
can anyone help me?

ryushin5
October 7th, 2008, 06:37 PM
I want to know how to give the hero a shiny pokemon i've check the notes and it only shows how to battle with shiny pokemon and says nothing about how to add shiny pokemon to the hero's party somebody please help me.

Trace
October 7th, 2008, 07:12 PM

Your missing the conditional branch that's a script.
Go look at one of the examples in the demo map if you need reference.

shinylugia249
October 7th, 2008, 07:42 PM
I want to know how to give the hero a shiny pokemon i've check the notes and it only shows how to battle with shiny pokemon and says nothing about how to add shiny pokemon to the hero's party somebody please help me.
I think the way the notes makes shinies make every pokemon a shiny until the switch your using for the shiny is turned off.

AtlantianTokRa
October 7th, 2008, 10:41 PM
what if it is about ten or so. thats what im confused .cuz its a high cliff
oh that's easy, you just do it like the instructions but you put in more [move upper/lower right/left] and you put the stair events at the top and bottom

I think the way the notes makes shinies make every pokemon a shiny until the switch your using for the shiny is turned off.yeah, i think it should but it doesn't work. i keep getting

undefined method `onWildPokemonCreate' for Events:Module

apolloman
October 8th, 2008, 03:17 AM
thanks for the reply crazyone but im having trouble putting that script you did in my game, using 2 conditional branches gives me 2 else statments and only need 1, is there any way i can import this script straight into RMXP.

Ravecat
October 8th, 2008, 03:38 AM
Mine crashes whenever I try to make a conditional branch involving gold.

is this a problem with Essentials or is my RMXP broken?

If the former, how do I fix it?

ryushin5
October 8th, 2008, 04:10 AM
I think the way the notes makes shinies make every pokemon a shiny until the switch your using for the shiny is turned off.

No wait I meant like how the hero is like given a shiny pokemon as like a starter it doesn't tell me how to do that.

AtlantianTokRa
October 8th, 2008, 10:57 AM
No wait I meant like how the hero is like given a shiny pokemon as like a starter it doesn't tell me how to do that. if shinylugia249 is right then to do what you want then you follow the setup for the wild shinies and then on the event that you use to give the shiny you use
Control Switches: [0050: Shiny] = ON
Conditional Branch: Script: pbAddPokemon(1,5)
: Branch End
Control Switches: [0050: Shiny] = OFF
i.e you add those switch commands above the command that adds the pokemon

i think that's right, if it is then woo!!! i'm actually learning something ^_^, if not then oh well, what was wrong. although i can't seem to get the script that makes the pokemon shiny to work

PokettoMonsuta
October 8th, 2008, 11:37 AM
can you guys give a lil tutorial on dependable events or w/e, its kinda hard to do.
ummm.. can someone answer my question

Yuoaman
October 8th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Okay thank you.

Now yet another question:

How do I move the battle graphics around? (Like HP bar, EXP bar, Pokemon name, and Pokemon level)

poccil
October 8th, 2008, 12:17 PM
PokettoMonsuta:

See "Dependent Events" in the documentation for more information.

Yuoaman:

There are several constants defined in the script section PokeBattle_ActualScene, such as MESSAGEBASECOLOR, HPGAUGESIZE, and so on, which allow some parameters of the script to be set.

ryushin5:

Use the following script to make a Pokemon shiny:

$Trainer.party[0].makeShiny

It assumes that the Pokemon is placed first on the party.

AtlantianTokRa:

The steps mentioned in the documentation affect only wild Pokemon battles. It will not affect any other Pokemon, including Pokemon added to the Trainer's party.

CoN~:

Please send me a private message explaining how the game "crashed".

Yuoaman
October 8th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Poccil... there seems to be something wrong with the script, the bars don't seem to be listening to the coordinates I am giving them, they move the opposite to what I say...

AtlantianTokRa
October 8th, 2008, 01:23 PM
ryushin5:

Use the following script to make a Pokemon shiny:

$Trainer.party[0].makeShiny

It assumes that the Pokemon is placed first on the party.

AtlantianTokRa:

The steps mentioned in the documentation affect only wild Pokemon battles. It will not affect any other Pokemon, including Pokemon added to the Trainer's party.
well i was just going on what shinylugia249 said :P and on the shiny note, how can i make a pokemon that is given shiny (when you can't know what slot it will go into) and how do i make a pokemon in a trainer battle shiny?

imtheomega
October 8th, 2008, 11:46 PM
well i was just going on what shinylugia249 said :P and on the shiny note, how can i make a pokemon that is given shiny (when you can't know what slot it will go into) and how do i make a pokemon in a trainer battle shiny?

Do something like that after giving the pokemon to the trainer :

for i in 0...$Trainer.party.length
$Trainer.party[i].makeShiny if $Trainer.party[i].species==pokemonid
end

Replace pokemonid by the id of the pokemon you have given to the player.
The only problem is that the player cannot have another pokemon of the same species in his team, otherwise it will also be changed in a shiny.

PoKéMaKeR
October 9th, 2008, 02:55 AM

this has been asked before, use the search button and look for the word "shiny"
Then you'll get the answer!

AtlantianTokRa
October 9th, 2008, 09:51 AM
this has been asked before, use the search button and look for the word "shiny"
Then you'll get the answer!OK searched. for trainers using shinies - no answer
but for giving shinies to the player i might have found an answer but to test that i need to know.

where do i have to put this:
Events.onWildPokemonCreate+=proc {|sender,e|
pokemon=e[0]
if $game_switches[50]
pokemon.makeShiny
end
} because when i follow the instructions in the notes i get this error every time
Script 'Shiny' line1: NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method 'onWildPokemonCreate' for Events:Module

PoKéMaKeR
October 9th, 2008, 10:25 AM
OK searched. for trainers using shinies - no answer
but for giving shinies to the player i might have found an answer but to test that i need to know.

pokemon=e[0]
if $game_switches[50]
pokemon.makeShiny
end
} because when i follow the instructions in the notes i get this error every time

Just add a new script, make sure the script is above the "main" script (not in the main script, it has to be a new script!)

Wichu
October 9th, 2008, 10:27 AM
As far as I know, there's no easy way to give trainers shiny Pokémon. It can be done by editing the PokemonTrainers script, but only if you know what you're doing.
As for the placement of the shiny script, it needs to be above Main but below everything else.

AtlantianTokRa
October 9th, 2008, 12:02 PM
As far as I know, there's no easy way to give trainers shiny Pokémon. It can be done by editing the PokemonTrainers script, but only if you know what you're doing.
As for the placement of the shiny script, it needs to be above Main but below everything else.
ok... that's where i put it

SpawnHyuuga
October 9th, 2008, 07:54 PM
It's time for really stupid questions. Alright, I apologize if these are n00b questions that are answered somewhere else but can someone please explain in-depth how to add,

1.) More Poke'mon
2.) More Pokemon Colors (Like Shiny, Gold, Dark, Shadow, etc.)

poccil
October 9th, 2008, 08:18 PM
nightmareninja12:

Edit the file "PBS/pokemon.txt" to add new Pokemon species. See the section "PBS/pokemon.txt" in the documentation for more information and see that file for examples.

There is no easy way to add new forms of Pokemon like "gold" or "shadow". The best way is probably to edit the methods "pbLoadPokemonBitmapSpecies" and "pbPokemonIconFile" in the script section PokemonUtilities. Both functions decide which sprite to show for a certain Pokemon.

Pokehero22
October 9th, 2008, 08:29 PM
poccil, how could I add alternate formes?

Would I edit pokemon.txt and do the evolution thing, but go like Item or something?

imtheomega
October 9th, 2008, 10:58 PM
poccil, how could I add alternate formes?

Would I edit pokemon.txt and do the evolution thing, but go like Item or something?

Formes like shadows and gold? He just answered it...

Go in PokemonUtilities, look for def pbLoadPokemonBitmapSpecies(pokemon, species, back=false)
in it, there is
bitmapFileName=sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/%03d%s%s.png",species,
pokemon.isShiny? ? "s" : "",
back ? "b" : "")

If u want to add new formes, u will have to make a method to recognize the form (take a look at how he implemented the shiny's, it should help) and do something like :
bitmapFileName=sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/%03d%s%s.png",species,
pokemon.isShiny? ? "s" : "", pokemon.isGold? ? "g" : "",
back ? "b" : "")

After, u just have to add the images of the gold pokemons, in the example, in the battlers folder with a name like "003g".

The hardest thing is to copy the shiny's method correcly ;).

Ravecat
October 10th, 2008, 12:21 AM
"Formes" refers to things such as Rotom and his extra forms.

Pokehero22
October 10th, 2008, 12:59 AM
"Formes" refers to things such as Rotom and his extra forms.

But, If I have one defined as "A" for like Alternate, that would mean an alternate fourm

AtlantianTokRa
October 10th, 2008, 08:19 AM
OK searched. for trainers using shinies - no answer

pokemon=e[0]
if $game_switches[50]
pokemon.makeShiny
end

Script 'Shiny' line1: NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method 'onWildPokemonCreate' for Events:Module
anyone else got an answer?

tImE
October 10th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Is there anyway to move the sprites of the opponents
and your Pokemon "in-battle" to fix this kinda problem?: (Attachment)

//44tim44

poccil
October 10th, 2008, 01:06 PM
44tim44:

Each Pokemon species in "PBS/pokemon.txt" has three parameters for setting the position of each Pokemon sprite. They are detailed here:

BattlerPlayerY - Specifies the relative position of the back of the sprite on the battle screen. A higher number means the back sprite is placed lower on the screen.
BattlerEnemyY - Specifies the relative position of the front side sprite on the battle screen. A higher number means the front side sprite is placed lower on the screen.
BattlerAltitude - Specifies how far from the ground the front sprite is placed, that is, this value will be higher than 0 if the sprite has the appearance of being suspended in the air. A higher number means the front sprite is placed further from the ground.

AtlantianTokRa:

Check if you see "onWildPokemonCreate" in the script section PokemonField. If you don't, then you must upgrade your Pokemon Essentials version. If you do, I'm afraid I can't help you further.

Geeked
October 10th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Just wondering if there is a way to write an event where it randomly selects a certain thing...
EX: You speak to someone, and he says something random every time..

poccil
October 10th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Xray:

That's easy. Use the Control Variables event command. Here's an example:

@>Control Variables: [0001] = Random No. (0...3)
@>Conditional Branch: Variable [0001] == 0
@>Text: Hello, this is text number 1.
@>
@>Conditional Branch: Variable [0001] == 1
@>Text: Hello, this is text number 2.
@>
@>Conditional Branch: Variable [0001] == 2
@>Text: Hello, this is text number 3.
@>