PDA

View Full Version : [Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

marfil92
January 19th, 2009, 07:42 AM
How I can translate the lenguage???
I have the INTL translate but now I don't know what do...

Thanks

Please I need help please!!!

Thanks!

Atomic Reactor
January 19th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Something got messed up with my game...
So uh, how do you make it so tht you can talk to nurse joy from behind the counter?
cause now i have to put the event on the counter instead of behind it, how would i fix this?

PoKéMaKeR
January 19th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Something got messed up with my game...
So uh, how do you make it so tht you can talk to nurse joy from behind the counter?
cause now i have to put the event on the counter instead of behind it, how would i fix this?

You have to do this in the tileset thingy from rmxp..
Go to the tilesets tab in database, there you see the counter tab
click that and click the tile you want to use as the counter, the dot will change in a diamond.
now you can put the nurse joy behind the counter!

Hope this helps!

PoKéMaKeR

Mrchewy
January 19th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Alternatively, you could just put a blank event on the counter and use that. Another alternative is giving Nurse Joy an event name of "Counter(1)". Any three of these things all work the same.

Forever Forbidden
January 19th, 2009, 12:24 PM
How do i change the appearance rates on a map? I have a map i want 12 pokemon to have a 20% chance of appearing, but i don't know how to add more than the default amount allowed using the Editor.exe.

PoKéMaKeR
January 19th, 2009, 12:32 PM
How do i change the appearance rates on a map? I have a map i want 12 pokemon to have a 20% chance of appearing, but i don't know how to add more than the default amount allowed using the Editor.exe.

I think you can do it with the encounter.txt file and then change the green text, not sure though

008 # Route 101
Land
ZIGZAGOON,3
PIDGEY,3
ZIGZAGOON,2
HOOTHOOT,3
ODDISH,2
ZIGZAGOON,4

Good luck with trying
And I hope this helps!

PoKéMaKeR

Mrchewy
January 19th, 2009, 12:52 PM
This is for the benefit of everyone, really, so I thought I'd post it to all who're interested.

By default, Essentials has a wild Pokémon encounter rate that is slightly higher then it should be. Anyway, I found a quick and easy way to change this. Look at line 111 in Pokémon encounters. The intial multiplication value is 16, but this is a bit too high. Changing it to about 12 or 10 will reduce the amount of encounters you have.

I don't think this is the best way to do it, and not sure how things work out in caves, but it seems to work so far.

Forever Forbidden
January 19th, 2009, 12:57 PM
I don't really want to change the amount of times they some up, but rather, change the amound of pokemon that can appear with the same encounter rate... I'll understand if you don't get me, i hardly understand myself.

PoKéMaKeR
January 19th, 2009, 01:06 PM
I don't really want to change the amount of times they some up, but rather, change the amound of pokemon that can appear with the same encounter rate... I'll understand if you don't get me, i hardly understand myself.

I know what you mean, show me the encounter.txt, then I can maybe come up with an idea..!

PoKéMaKeR

Mrchewy
January 19th, 2009, 01:20 PM
I know Jonny, you just reminded me of doing something similar. I'm not actually sure how to achieve what you're asking, unfortunately.

~JV~
January 19th, 2009, 03:00 PM
It's just impossible to make 12 pokemon show up with 20% chance, that would sum up 240% while the max should be 100%, but in case you want that those 12 pokemon have the same chance to show up, just put 8% for each one which is something impossible without script editing...

Atomic Reactor
January 19th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the help. i figured it had to do with the tileset settings.

Mrchewy, i tried doing that Counter(1) thing, but it didnt work.
:P

Is there something wrong with the way music plays on maps? cause when i play, its all weird and such :[

Mrchewy
January 19th, 2009, 05:18 PM
RMXP processes MIDIs very strangely - nothing to do with Essentials. This can often lead to instruments sounding off-key and generally bad sounding music.

Looping Oggs are the way to go ^^.

Edit: Try Counter(2), presuming this is the latest Essentials version.

~JV~
January 19th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the help. i figured it had to do with the tileset settings.

Mrchewy, i tried doing that Counter(1) thing, but it didnt work.
:P

Is there something wrong with the way music plays on maps? cause when i play, its all weird and such :[

The problem is that the file audio.dll that poccil did still has some bugs like that. To solve that just rename it to anything else.

Atomic Reactor
January 19th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Lol, i already fixed meh problem.
but ill try that later, thanks Mrchewy :P

What exactly do you mean jv?
renaming the file will make it so music plays fine?

Mrchewy
January 19th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Essentials comes with it's own, customised audio engine. The main draw to this new engine is that it can pause and resume music - something that RMXP by default cannot do. The downside is that the rest of the system is very buggy.

By renaming/deleting audio.dll, the standard engine will be used. In terms of actual sound quality, however, you won't see any difference.

~JV~
January 20th, 2009, 02:44 AM
Essentials comes with it's own, customised audio engine. The main draw to this new engine is that it can pause and resume music - something that RMXP by default cannot do. The downside is that the rest of the system is very buggy.

By renaming/deleting audio.dll, the standard engine will be used. In terms of actual sound quality, however, you won't see any difference.

Thanks for explaining for me ^^.

Can someone help me on how to make the bridge over water thing work? Ive tried a few times but I couldn't do it...

Forever Forbidden
January 20th, 2009, 08:30 AM
I know what you mean, show me the encounter.txt, then I can maybe come up with an idea..!

PoKéMaKeR

I know Jonny, you just reminded me of doing something similar. I'm not actually sure how to achieve what you're asking, unfortunately.

I thank you both, but i've yet to actually set encounters on a map due to this problem, if you could find a way to do it, could you tell me. The Encounters.exe is the default one.

Hall Of Famer
January 20th, 2009, 09:25 AM
I have a question to ask... Is it possible to have multiple save files like the way Final Fantasy series do rather than one single save file in Pokemon series?

PoKéMaKeR
January 20th, 2009, 09:28 AM
I have a question to ask... Is it possible to have multiple save files like the way Final Fantasy series do rather than one single save file in Pokemon series?

You need to either change the script or, rename the game file (the one with the blue dragon as icon) and with this you can get as many save files as you want, although only the original (game) will be able for loading

PoKéMaKeR

Forever Forbidden
January 20th, 2009, 11:11 AM
I've seen on the notes about side stairs - stairs on a rock face going sideways, but I'm having trouble making it not sent you all the way up and down.

i also need help with bridges; i want an up/down bridge and bridges that are 3 passable tiles wide, how do i do this?

marfil92
January 20th, 2009, 12:23 PM

Thanks

Anuhrima
January 20th, 2009, 01:27 PM
How do i set a starting point please

Mrchewy
January 20th, 2009, 01:48 PM
@Anuhrima: As in, the player's starting point? Right click anywhere on the Intro map and click "Player's Starting Position".

Wichu
January 20th, 2009, 01:49 PM
You'd have to edit the PokemonSave and PokemonLoad scripts, adding another window for save file selection. I can't really help with that, though...
Have you extracted the text using the Debug menu, translated it, and compiled it again?
If so, add the new .dat file to the Data folder, renaming it if necessary. Then, in PokemonSystem, edit the LANGUAGES array to include the new language (just uncomment one of the arrays and change the name and filename).
This will add another option to the title screen ("Language"), allowing you to change the language.
How do i set a starting point please

Event layer -> Right click -> "Set starting point".

Anuhrima
January 20th, 2009, 02:15 PM
script'Pokemon Chatter' line 29: Name Error occured.

uninitialized constant HiddenMoveHandlers.

Can someone Help me

Wichu
January 20th, 2009, 02:23 PM

Can someone Help me

Did you update all the scripts? The HiddenMoveHandlers module is initialized in PokemonField.

Anuhrima
January 20th, 2009, 02:35 PM
I got the newest update, that is all i know

ultron90
January 21st, 2009, 04:30 AM
how do make the move GROWL play the sound of the pokemon using it?

~JV~
January 21st, 2009, 10:37 AM
Is there any way to use flashes on the battle animations?

PoKéMaKeR
January 21st, 2009, 11:38 AM
Is there any way to use flashes on the battle animations?

Yeah there is, I have to look for that in my rmxp though and I can't look there right now so I'll have to come back on this one :P

PoKéMaKeR

~JV~
January 21st, 2009, 11:46 AM
Yeah there is, I have to look for that in my rmxp though and I can't look there right now so I'll have to come back on this one :P

PoKéMaKeR

I think you didnt get what I meant, I know I can set flashs in the rmxp animatior editor, but whenever they are converted to essentials format, they lose the flashs.

marfil92
January 21st, 2009, 01:16 PM
You'd have to edit the PokemonSave and PokemonLoad scripts, adding another window for save file selection. I can't really help with that, though...

Have you extracted the text using the Debug menu, translated it, and compiled it again?
If so, add the new .dat file to the Data folder, renaming it if necessary. Then, in PokemonSystem, edit the LANGUAGES array to include the new language (just uncomment one of the arrays and change the name and filename).
This will add another option to the title screen ("Language"), allowing you to change the language.

Event layer -> Right click -> "Set starting point".

How I do it?? I don't know scripting...

Thanks

Atomic Reactor
January 21st, 2009, 01:42 PM
so if i get rid of the audio.dll file, will the music for battles still play and stuff?
Like will i lose anything by getting rid of it :/

~JV~
January 21st, 2009, 01:48 PM
so if i get rid of the audio.dll file, will the music for battles still play and stuff?
Like will i lose anything by getting rid of it :/

just rename it to anything like audioX, audioNOTUSE etc. You dont have to delete it. Ohh.. the music will still play everywhere.

Atomic Reactor
January 21st, 2009, 01:50 PM
alright. thanks for the help JV and Mrchewy ;)

just wanted to make sure there wouldnt be any dire consequences ^_^

victorspvl
January 21st, 2009, 02:33 PM
I like to do one event this:

When the switch 100 is on, the pokémon number 01 untill 250 go to the box.

And the Torchic(if i have) go to the party.

and, if possible, when the switch 100 is on, the pokémons 01 untill 250 don't be withdraw from the box.

Please answer, I need much this!!!

~JV~
January 21st, 2009, 02:43 PM
Does anyone (or Poccil) knows how many steps/actions I have to do to a registered trainer phone me asking for a battle? I found out how to configure it but still didnt get the math on the script/ time that takes to that happen...

ForeverRed
January 23rd, 2009, 12:41 AM
I'm wondering because I'm not american how can i edit the pokemon's height and weight?

Hall Of Famer
January 23rd, 2009, 05:20 PM
I don't know if this question has been asked before, but how come the message "processing Maps No.xxx" appears everytime I playtest my game, even if I didn't make any changes to my maps? I remember there wasn't this kind of disgusting thing in previous Pokemon Essentials releases so can you please remove this feature? Thanks.

Mrchewy
January 24th, 2009, 03:18 PM
@Hall of Famer: I'm not quite sure what you mean. Are you referring to the time it takes the game to load? If so, than I think it's always been that way.

Now I've got a question ^^. Would anyone have an idea on how to change the tint of the grass animation according to the time of day?

rodascesar
January 24th, 2009, 03:56 PM
I really need help.. I got the new version of pokemon essentials a few days ago and found aout about dependent events.. I wanna know two things.. is there any way to make it possible to surf while having partners.. or something of that sort.. and the second thing is that I want to know if there is any way to fix the way people move when you have 2-plus dependent events.. thanks! I also tried doing it manually by events and putting one person to follow you and everything.. the thing is the second person cant tell when you go into water and it follows you but then it gets stuck inside.. I would apreciate a solution to this last one very much since the movement of the people following you becomes lots more natural.. thank you..

Krazy_Meerkat
January 24th, 2009, 04:13 PM
I'm having trouble merging an 8-way movement script. Collision detection works fine with everything except ledges, they work normally in the standard four directions but the player just walks foward one step (into the ledge) when I try diagonal movement.. I am pretty sure this is due to the method pbLedge(x,x), I just don't know where it's defined (I have looked everywhere logical and only found calls).. I have tried modifying the direction cases to include ledge-checking but it hasn't worked..
Oh and just one more thing, the Scene_Movie script which was included with the starterkit only plays videos at half the screen size and positions the video in the top left of the screen (leaving an ugly black L-shape). I was wondering if anyone knows a way to stretch the video to the size of the window or position the video in the centre of the screen.. I figure it would be something to do with viewports (I think this has some effect on screen size/position but I'm not sure if it's only for sprites.. I think it is only for sprites :/) or it could be the call "movie.call("play FILE",0,0,0)", I figure that is the right call to modify to change the upper left position but I can see no definitions in the script..

Hall Of Famer
January 25th, 2009, 03:21 AM
I have another question to ask. I mean, is it possible to set various shiny pokemon encounter rates for different routes and regions? For instance, I'd like to have my Pinkan Island with 100 percent shiny pokemon(which will be recolored so they will all look like Pink Pokemon!), while the other maps have normal encounter rate for Shiny pokemon. Is it possible to do so in Pokemon essentials? Please help.

Maruno
January 25th, 2009, 07:38 AM
I have another question to ask. I mean, is it possible to set various shiny pokemon encounter rates for different routes and regions? For instance, I'd like to have my Pinkan Island with 100 percent shiny pokemon(which will be recolored so they will all look like Pink Pokemon!), while the other maps have normal encounter rate for Shiny pokemon. Is it possible to do so in Pokemon essentials? Please help.
Quite probably. Go look in PokeBattle_Pokemon, and scroll down to about line 280. You'll see this def:

def isShiny?
a=@personalID^@trainerID
b=a&0xFFFF
c=(a>>16)&0xFFFF
d=b^c
return (d<8)
end

To do what you want, you'll need to put in an "if/else" statement.

def isShiny?
if map.map_id==98 || map.map_id==99
return true
else
a=@personalID^@trainerID
b=a&0xFFFF
c=(a>>16)&0xFFFF
d=b^c
return (d<8)
end
end

Now, I'm not sure about the code that finds out which map you're currently on (i.e. the "map.map_id==98"), but I think the rest should work fine.

The important point is that the check for which map you're on comes before the regular calculation to see if it should be shiny. In this example, maps 98 and 99 are Pinkan Island, although you can expand upon this to include more (or fewer) maps, and perhaps even use "greater than"/"less than" commands if the island's maps' IDs are all grouped together (it would save on programming them all in separately).

Wichu
January 25th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Quite probably. Go look in PokeBattle_Pokemon, and scroll down to about line 280. You'll see this def:

def isShiny?
a=@personalID^@trainerID
b=a&0xFFFF
c=(a>>16)&0xFFFF
d=b^c
return (d<8)
end

To do what you want, you'll need to put in an "if/else" statement.

def isShiny?
if map.map_id==98 || map.map_id==99
return true
else
a=@personalID^@trainerID
b=a&0xFFFF
c=(a>>16)&0xFFFF
d=b^c
return (d<8)
end
end

Now, I'm not sure about the code that finds out which map you're currently on (i.e. the "map.map_id==98"), but I think the rest should work fine.

The important point is that the check for which map you're on comes before the regular calculation to see if it should be shiny. In this example, maps 98 and 99 are Pinkan Island, although you can expand upon this to include more (or fewer) maps, and perhaps even use "greater than"/"less than" commands if the island's maps' IDs are all grouped together (it would save on programming them all in separately).
That wouldn't work; the isShiny? method only decides whether the Pokémon appears shiny based on its stats. Using that would make it so when you're on maps 98 and 99, every Pokémon you see (including your own, previously non-shiny ones) would be shiny. Catching one of these 'shiny' Pokémon and taking it to a different map would make it non-shiny again.
A better method would be: at the bottom of the initialize method of PokeBattle_Pokemon, addmakeShiny if $game_map.map_id==98 || $game_map.map_id==99. This would keep it shiny after changing maps, as it changes the Pokémon's stats to always appear shiny, no matter which map you're on.
I don't know if this question has been asked before, but how come the message "processing Maps No.xxx" appears everytime I playtest my game, even if I didn't make any changes to my maps? I remember there wasn't this kind of disgusting thing in previous Pokemon Essentials releases so can you please remove this feature? Thanks.
I'm not too keen on your use of the word 'disgusting'; how would you like it if I called a feature in your game 'disgusting'?
Anyway, the thing is, it's always been there. You wouldn't have noticed it before, since it's only just been updated to actually give an indication of what it's doing.
Anyway, it just shows that it's running the script which converts the comments in trainer events into actual event commands, and other similar event conversions.
I'm having trouble merging an 8-way movement script. Collision detection works fine with everything except ledges, they work normally in the standard four directions but the player just walks foward one step (into the ledge) when I try diagonal movement.. I am pretty sure this is due to the method pbLedge(x,x), I just don't know where it's defined (I have looked everywhere logical and only found calls).. I have tried modifying the direction cases to include ledge-checking but it hasn't worked..
Oh and just one more thing, the Scene_Movie script which was included with the starterkit only plays videos at half the screen size and positions the video in the top left of the screen (leaving an ugly black L-shape). I was wondering if anyone knows a way to stretch the video to the size of the window or position the video in the centre of the screen.. I figure it would be something to do with viewports (I think this has some effect on screen size/position but I'm not sure if it's only for sprites.. I think it is only for sprites :/) or it could be the call "movie.call("play FILE",0,0,0)", I figure that is the right call to modify to change the upper left position but I can see no definitions in the script..
Try using the global search function (Ctrl+Shift+F), and search for def pbLedge.
As for your other question, I know that it appears at half size because you're playing the game at the lower resolution. I have no idea on how to change it, though, as I'm not using that script in my project.

Hall Of Famer
January 25th, 2009, 10:41 AM
That wouldn't work; the isShiny? method only decides whether the Pokémon appears shiny based on its stats. Using that would make it so when you're on maps 98 and 99, every Pokémon you see (including your own, previously non-shiny ones) would be shiny. Catching one of these 'shiny' Pokémon and taking it to a different map would make it non-shiny again.

A better method would be: at the bottom of the initialize method of PokeBattle_Pokemon, addmakeShiny if $game_map.map_id==98 || $game_map.map_id==99. This would keep it shiny after changing maps, as it changes the Pokémon's stats to always appear shiny, no matter which map you're on.Thanks a lot Wichu, I will try it in my game when I have pink Pokemon sprites and hopefully it will make a huge difference.

I'm not too keen on your use of the word 'disgusting'; how would you like it if I called a feature in your game 'disgusting'?

Anyway, the thing is, it's always been there. You wouldn't have noticed it before, since it's only just been updated to actually give an indication of what it's doing.
Anyway, it just shows that it's running the script which converts the comments in trainer events into actual event commands, and other similar event conversions.

Well the issue is that I have like 400 maps so sometimes it takes 5 mins to finish the "map processing", which force me to use game.ext instead of playtest feature to test my game. I'm sure it's not contained in the last version of Pokemon essentials but guess there must be a reason that Pocci add it to the starterkit...

Atomic Reactor
January 25th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Ok, after testing the game withough the audio.dll file... it didnt work.
The music specified for the map wouldnt play. neither would battle music.
then i put it back in... better.

the music will start, then the volume gets low until you can barely hear it.
Battle music wont play. Map music doesnt play after battles.
Is their a script i have to edit to get this stuff to work :[

~JV~
January 25th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Ok, after testing the game withough the audio.dll file... it didnt work.
The music specified for the map wouldnt play. neither would battle music.
then i put it back in... better.

the music will start, then the volume gets low until you can barely hear it.
Battle music wont play. Map music doesnt play after battles.
Is their a script i have to edit to get this stuff to work :[

Really, my game is without it and everything is working fine... Maybe youre using an old essentials version idk...

rhevarhe_duh
January 25th, 2009, 10:12 PM
I need help. How to change the screen resolution into 256 x 192?
Thanks in advance.

blueguy
January 26th, 2009, 03:00 AM
I'm trying to create proper lighting for the houses at night-time, but it's proving impossible! XD The windows look so dead!

1) Can I create and use more than one light effect?
2) Can I increase the intensity of the light effects?

Krazy_Meerkat
January 26th, 2009, 04:29 AM
Try using the global search function (Ctrl+Shift+F), and search for def pbLedge.
As for your other question, I know that it appears at half size because you're playing the game at the lower resolution. I have no idea on how to change it, though, as I'm not using that script in my project.

Ahh yes, thanks Wichu :).. Erm.. I have diagonal jumping working except I don't know where the part is which determines which side of the ledge to jump and which side to block (the player can jump diagonally from either side of the ledge), seeing as I can only find references to tile types and jump locations, I am going to have to request some help..
I think unless Poccil comes back to this thread, I will be unable to fix this :(

~JV~
January 26th, 2009, 04:32 AM
Ahh yes, thanks Wichu :).. Erm.. I have diagonal jumping working except I don't know where the part is which determines which side of the ledge to jump and which side to block (the player can jump diagonally from either side of the ledge), seeing as I can only find references to tile types and jump locations, I am going to have to request some help..
I think unless Poccil comes back to this thread, I will be unable to fix this :(

It sets where to jump or block at the database on the tileset tab, just click on the passage(4 dir) option there.

Krazy_Meerkat
January 26th, 2009, 04:40 AM
I've managed to fix the ledges but I'd still appreciate some help displaying this graphic..

blueguy
January 26th, 2009, 09:48 PM
I'm having trouble implementing a dependent event, and I'm not sure why. Here is the error message.

Interpreter:250:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:754:in `command_111'
Interpreter:293:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:190:in `update'
Interpreter:104:in `loop'
Interpreter:195:in `update'
Scene_Map:100:in `update'
Scene_Map:98:in `loop'
Scene_Map:111:in `update'
Scene_Map:67:in `main'
Exception: RuntimeError
Message: Script error within event 14, map 27 (PERIWINKLE TOWN):
(eval):1 :in `pbExecuteScript'undefined method `pbAddDependency2' for Kernel:Module
Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1615:in `eval'
Interpreter:1615:in `command_355'
Interpreter:467:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:250:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1615:in `command_355'
Interpreter:467:in `execute_command'

Luka S.J.
January 27th, 2009, 07:56 AM
I need help. How to change the screen resolution into 256 x 192?
Thanks in advance.

Go to SpriteResizer script and to this section:
module Graphics
@@width=480
@@height=320
Change the width and height to the size you want. Be careful though...it might alter the positions of sprites for other scripts such as the "Pokemon Selection" (in other words you will need to alter other scripts to match your desired position of your used sprites).

Hope it helped

I'm trying to create proper lighting for the houses at night-time, but it's proving impossible! XD The windows look so dead!

1) Can I create and use more than one light effect?
2) Can I increase the intensity of the light effects?

To make proper lighting for the windows you could use the light effect that is included in the kit and just copy it and ajust it to fit the window. This can be done by drawing an image for every window and making a separate script (in the PokemonField section) that would determine the light intensity and the name file of both the event and the picture used for the effect.

1) Yes you can create more than one light effect
2) You can increase the light intensity by doing the following
go to the section in PokemonField (go to line 934)
class LightEffect_DayNight < LightEffect
def initialize(event,map=nil)
super
@opacities=[
]
end
def update
return if !@light || !@event
super
@light.opacity = @opacities[Time.now.hour]
if @light.opacity>0
@light.ox=32
@light.oy=48
@light.x = ScreenPosHelper.pbScreenX(@event)
@light.y = ScreenPosHelper.pbScreenY(@event)
@light.zoom_x = ScreenPosHelper.pbScreenZoomX(@event)
@light.zoom_y = ScreenPosHelper.pbScreenZoomY(@event)
@light.tone.set(
$game_screen.tone.red,
$game_screen.tone.green,
$game_screen.tone.blue,
$game_screen.tone.gray)
end
end
end

At the part "@opacities" change the numbers from 255 to 0 to alter the opacity, the first opacity (180) is the opacity for the time 00:00 AM, all the others are always for one hour later. To increase the light intensity for 06:00 AM go to 7th entry (in this case 25) and change it to the intensity you want.

If you want to create more than one light effect, you need to copy this script but in the class name replace "LightEffect" with the name you want. Then go to
for i in map.events.keys
if map.events.name=="OutdoorLight"
spriteset.addUserSprite(LightEffect_DayNight.new(map.events[i],map))
elsif map.events[i].name=="Light"
spriteset.addUserSprite(LightEffect_Basic.new(map.events[i],map))
end
end
spriteset.addUserSprite(Particle_Engine.new(viewport,map))
}
and copy this too. Replace the "OutdoorLight" in if map.events[i].name=="[I]OutdoorLight" with the name of the copied script name for the part above. Then all you have to do is name an event in the same way that you have named the scripts.

Ty 101
January 27th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Does the starter kit have ev's
and
Is there a way to make a pokemon follow you like in yellow?

blueguy
January 27th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Thanks so much! I think I've got the hang of it now. ^_^ I'm so excited. XD

Luka S.J.
January 28th, 2009, 05:37 AM
Thanks so much! I think I've got the hang of it now. ^_^ I'm so excited. XD

Creating those games can be fun, but there is a lot of hard work required.

Krazy_Meerkat
January 28th, 2009, 02:05 PM
I've managed to fix the ledges but I'd still appreciate some help displaying this graphic..
I'm just trying to display the pokeball which the current pokemon was caught by in battle, next to the hp bar.. I took the code right out of the pokedex's 1st or 2nd page.. I modified the PokemonDataBox class of Pokemon_ActualScene:
if (@battler.index&1)==0 # if player's Pokemon
@spritebaseX=16
@pokeball=sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/ball%02d_0.png",(@battler.pokemon.ballused))
else
@spritebaseX=0
@pokeball=BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/pokeball.png")
end
It says that the ballused method is undefined and I have no idea why.. it is displayed with this:

pbCopyBitmap(self.bitmap,@pokeball,@spritebaseX+5,@spritebaseY+25) if $Trainer.owned[battler.species]
Can anyone give me an idea of what I'm doing wrong? I have been using java and delphi for a long time and I forget some language-specific rules over time.. But this seems like it should work, unless sprintf displays gfx a different way, i assumed it was just to insert vars into the filename before loading.. Maybe I can't call it from that script :/

blueguy
January 28th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Creating those games can be fun, but there is a lot of hard work required.

Oh, I know. ;D I've been working on my project for a while now. While, I might not be an expert at coding or scripting, poccil's Starter Kit has really given a creative person like me the opportunity to put my ideas and other talents to use. It is work, but it's also fun.

Grifstar
January 28th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Okay, I need help on like a hundred things. Some of them are stuff I even asked for in the past that I don't think ever got answered.

1. Trying to change the battle interface to look like DPP. I have most of the rips I need(unless I want to switch over to Platinum instead), but nothing is lining up to where it needs to be. I don't really know where to edit that.
2. How do you change the speed of how fast the scrolling is at the start of every battle(with the enemy sprite starting at the left and goes to the right, and the 'you' going from the left over to the right). I tried clocking it and it's even slower than the how it was in the GBA games, and it just drives me nuts x_x

3. Shinies!

def makeShiny
rnd=rand(65536)
rnd|=(rnd<<16)
rnd|=rand(8)
@personalID=rnd^@trainerID
calcStats
end

I was so so happy when I found this. I just want to know, if I just wanted to change the ratio to something like 1/1000 or so, could I change the 65536 number and just delete everything else? I don't really care about ID numbers or personality values since I probably won't have trading at all. Also I'm hoping to make a second set of shinies, which I know requires some copy and pasting of all the shiny scripts and editing them, but I'm not sure where all the scripts even are(there seriously needs to be a search function in that thing >.>). And probably just need help differentiating the two anyway. x_x

... There's some other stuff too, but I'll just leave it at for now.

ddensu_pda
January 28th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Help u.u
I want to know...
If happinness, happines day, happiness night, atk greater, etc, that types of evolution really works, because i don't know, how that types of evolution works...
please help me XD

(sorry for my noob english)

and, how i can put shiny to appear 1 on 1000 in every map.

thanxs

blueguy
January 28th, 2009, 09:03 PM
1. Trying to change the battle interface to look like DPP. I have most of the rips I need(unless I want to switch over to Platinum instead), but nothing is lining up to where it needs to be. I don't really know where to edit that.

Could you be a little more specific? In order to change the interface, you just have to replace their graphics in the Pictures folder. If they are not lined up in the position you want, I believe you can edit the x and y values in the PokeBattle_ActualScene section of your scripts. Not sure if that helps!

Luka S.J.
January 28th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Okay, I need help on like a hundred things. Some of them are stuff I even asked for in the past that I don't think ever got answered.

You can edit the battle scene look in the script "PokeBattle_ActualScene". If you scroll through the script, you will go to referencess that are labelled in purple such as:
@databox=BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/singlePlayerBox.png")
@spriteX=256
@spriteY=149+yoffset
@showhp=true
@showexp=true
@statusCX=40
@statusY=44
Here you need to change the X and Y offsets to determine the positions of the sprite. Also line 1074 you will find this:
# Position of HP gauge
HPGAUGE_X=75
HPGAUGE_Y=35
# Position of EXP gauge
EXPGAUGE_X=47
EXPGAUGE_Y=67
Here also change the X and Y values to change to position of the gauges.

Grifstar
January 28th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Drago:
Thankyouthankyou~ ;o; I knew it had to be in that section somewhere, I just didn't see it for some reason.

Oh yeah, how you do change the font too? I want something besides the R/S/E text(or whichever game that is...)

EDIT: How do you change the thickness of the EXP and HP bars too? As well as adjusting the location of the enemy/wild Pokemon.

blueguy
January 29th, 2009, 03:12 AM
I've recently upgraded to a newer release of Pokémon Essentials, and now, a number of areas will not display the text they are supposed to, such as Pokémon names, item names, Pokémon moves/abilities etc. Basically... everything.

For example, if I receive a Pokémon it says "Player received !" and there is a blank space. Same goes for items.

What is causing this?

ddensu_pda
January 29th, 2009, 12:03 PM
PLEASE HELP!! u.u
I want to know...
If happinness, happines day, happiness night, atk greater, etc, that types of evolution really works, because i don't know, how that types of evolution works...
please help me XD

thanxs

Wichu
January 29th, 2009, 12:22 PM
PLEASE HELP!! u.u
I want to know...
please help me XD

thanxs
All evolution methods, except for Shedinja (?), Milotic (Beauty isn't implemented) and ones using new things introduced in D/P (e.g. Dusk Stone or Mt. Coronet), should work.
As for the shiny question, in PokeBattle_Pokemon, find these lines:
def isShiny?
a=@personalID^@trainerID
b=a&0xFFFF
c=(a>>16)&0xFFFF
d=b^c
return (d<8)
end

def makeShiny
rnd=rand(65536)
rnd|=(rnd<<16)
rnd|=rand(8)
@personalID=rnd^@trainerID
calcStats
end
Change the 8s in those lines to 66s, for a 1/993 chance (you won't be able to get any closer; 65 would give 1/1008).
I've recently upgraded to a newer release of Pokémon Essentials, and now, a number of areas will not display the text they are supposed to, such as Pokémon names, item names, Pokémon moves/abilities etc. Basically... everything.

For example, if I receive a Pokémon it says "Player received !" and there is a blank space. Same goes for items.

What is causing this?
Try compiling the data again (through the Debug menu, or by holding CTRL while starting up the playtest). They work perfectly in my game...

mastermudkip
January 29th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Nice Good Game its Realy good and nice

Anuhrima
January 29th, 2009, 01:22 PM

Can someone Help me
umm can someone gelp me with the problem

Grifstar
January 29th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Well, I was still having some issues with the exp bar still(when it finally levels up), but I just found the problem a few minutes ago XD *feels pathetically victorious*

But yeah,
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/8894/damnparassz8.png

How do I change the location for the Paras? (ignore the other errors, I just haven't gotten around to editing those yet)

EDIT: Now I'm having bad issues with the summary page. It looks fine when I first select a Pokemon to look at, but when I use the up/down key to view another one the sprites shift, despite changing the "pbGoToPrevious" and "pbGoToNext" scripts to have the same sprite xy coordinates. I even tried refreshing the entire script with an unedited one(just in case maybe I screwed something up elsewhere, for some odd reason) but it's still doing it...

Also, I'm not sure where the script is to move the "What will ___ do?" text in battle.

ddensu_pda
January 30th, 2009, 03:31 PM
PLEASEEEEE XD HELP!!
How i can put animations for the Shiny Pokémon? (that animations when Shiny Pokémons appears)
Please, I want an answer u.u

rodascesar
January 30th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Hey I read somewhere around here that you can play videos on a pokemon essentials game.. I need that.. if anyone knows can they please tell me how to do it.. I looked all over the notes to see if I could find it there.. was it removed? or did I not see it? or is it there at all? well thanks to anyone who responds.. !

Hall Of Famer
January 30th, 2009, 07:58 PM
I edited both the commandbox.png and fightbox.png into the picture below:
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll94/pokemonhalloffame/fightbox.png

However, the battle screen still appears to be like this:
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll94/pokemonhalloffame/oldcommandbox.png

What did I do wrong?

Grifstar
January 30th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Hall of Fame:
I noticed that too when tweaking with the battle script for lord knows how long. The box uses the windowskin folder. Basically, whatever skin you're set to view windows with is what shows up there.

I don't know how to fix or change it.

Forever Forbidden
January 31st, 2009, 10:34 AM
I unhappy now, do you know what i do when unhappy, i get more unhappy.
to make me happy, please tell me how to;
i)set a rival
ii) make a north/south facing bridge 3 tiles wide.

?Alistair?
January 31st, 2009, 10:39 AM
In the PokeBattle_ActualScene area of the script, i added

if @outdoor
pbDayNightTint(@sprites["battlebg"])
pbDayNightTint(@sprites["enemybase"])
pbDayNightTint(@sprites["playerbase"])
end

to the end of the pbBackdrop section, but when it's night the background doesn't change. Am I missing something blindingly obvious, because this is one of my first time adding bits to the script.

Ty 101
January 31st, 2009, 11:26 AM
i)set a rival

For the first one, I am still trying to find a way to do this.
For the second one, You just need to find tile of a bridge that fits your needs.

Hey I read somewhere around here that you can play videos on a pokemon essentials game.. I need that.. if anyone knows can they please tell me how to do it.. I looked all over the notes to see if I could find it there.. was it removed? or did I not see it? or is it there at all? well thanks to anyone who responds.. !

I do not think it is in the notes. Go to the script Scene_Movie and read the comment titled instructions.

Mikel88
January 31st, 2009, 12:29 PM
Why didn't work this file for the fishing animation?

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/1260/fishing000ac1.png

blueguy
January 31st, 2009, 12:53 PM
i)set a rival

lol I laughing now. I laughing more.

Grifstar
January 31st, 2009, 12:55 PM
i)set a rival

Care to explain the rival one a little more? You mean have a trainer that took the opposite starter than you? If that's the case, just make a switch for each starter you have, like if you take a Charmander it will turn on the "Charmander" switch. Then when the rival shows up, make a different scenario for each switch. (So if the Charmander switch is on, then the player will battle the one that has the Squirtle, etc)

Mikel88:
First of all it's not lined up correctly(the top row is for the sprites facing down). Secondly, you might need to rename it to whatever the previous fishing animation was called.

rodascesar
January 31st, 2009, 02:07 PM
hey thanks a lot ty 101 but I still need help.. I did what you said and then I did what the game told me to do.. but when I try to play the movie either nothing happens.. or you just hear the sound of the movie play under the map's bgm.. so if you have done this before or anyone else.. plz help me.. I have actually tried 3 different types of .avi files..
1. normal avi- results nothing
2. windows avi- sound
3.windows divx- sound
so.. please help me! thanks actually I dont think they are different types of avi.. since avi is a type itself.. I just put what the website I was using gave me xD

blueguy
January 31st, 2009, 07:08 PM
Try compiling the data again (through the Debug menu, or by holding CTRL while starting up the playtest). They work perfectly in my game...

This fixes it, although I have to hold CTRL for every playtest now, which is strange. Thanks. : P Also, the game now skips my title screen. Not sure why. :/

Ty 101
February 1st, 2009, 08:49 AM
hey thanks a lot ty 101 but I still need help.. I did what you said and then I did what the game told me to do.. but when I try to play the movie either nothing happens.. or you just hear the sound of the movie play under the map's bgm.. so if you have done this before or anyone else.. plz help me.. I have actually tried 3 different types of .avi files..
1. normal avi- results nothing
2. windows avi- sound
3.windows divx- sound
so.. please help me! thanks actually I dont think they are different types of avi.. since avi is a type itself.. I just put what the website I was using gave me xD

I have not actually tried it. I recommend pming poccil.

InMooseWeTrust
February 1st, 2009, 09:46 AM
How do you disable the perspective view in the game? That's where it tries to simulate a 3D look by messing with the angle of how the floor is viewed.

ddensu_pda
February 1st, 2009, 10:57 AM
PLEASEEEEE XD HELP!!
How i can put animations for the Shiny Pokémon? (that animations when Shiny Pokémons appears)

~JV~
February 1st, 2009, 11:01 AM
PLEASEEEEE XD HELP!!

Cmon if everyone spent sometime reading the notes, the question counter here would be cut by half (I copied that from the notes.html):

"Battle Animations
There are several rules to keep in mind when making battle animations in RPG Maker XP.

Battle animations for moves must be named Move:XXX, where XXX is the internal name of the move as defined in PBS/moves.txt. For instance, the animation for Fire Punch will be named Move:FIREPUNCH.
When creating animations that involve an attacker and an opponent, the point at (-160,80) is considered to be the attacker, and the point at (160,-80) is considered to be the opponent. The animation must have a "position" of "Screen." As a guide, you can use the file battlers.png (under "[ED] Battler...").
The next time you run the game from RPG Maker XP, the game will convert any animations here to a different format so that they will display properly in the battle system.
Certain animations are commonly used and have special names for them:
Common:Shiny - When a shiny Pokemon enters battle.
Common:StatUp - When a Pokemon's stat was raised.
Common:StatDown - When a Pokemon's stat was lowered.
Common:Frozen - When a Pokemon is frozen.
Common:Burn - When a Pokemon is burned.
Common:Sleep - When a Pokemon is asleep.
Common:Paralysis - When a Pokemon is paralyzed.
Common:Confusion - When a Pokemon is confused. "

Blazing Charizard
February 1st, 2009, 12:51 PM
I have a question:
How can I give Triad cards to the player?
I have this guy who sells Triad cards, and if you're there for the first time, he'll give you 5 cards to play a game. How to add those 5 cards? I can't find it in the notes...

EDIT:: Nevermind, tried something out, and it worked.
for the ones who need to know: $PokemonGlobal.triads.pbStoreItem(item,quantity) where item = Pokemon number (1 for bulbasaur etc.) and quantity the... quantity.

ddensu_pda
February 1st, 2009, 01:26 PM
Thanks!
for the info! :D

But now, i want to know how fishing animation works (when the player use the rod)
anyone can help me?

Blazing Charizard
February 1st, 2009, 02:01 PM
the fishing animation:

The fishing animation is a five-frame animation. It resembles the 16-frame character sprites, but only the first five frames are used. Its filename must be Graphics/Characters/fishingXXX.png, where XXX is a trainer type's ID. Example: fishing000.png. See below for the layout of the frames.

http://upokecenter.com/projects/pokestarter/notes.html#fishinganimation
Just search through the notes, there's many things in there!:P

Aqua Mudkip
February 1st, 2009, 07:57 PM
Aqua Mudkip: "How can you edit the PERSPECTIVE option in Pokemon Essentials? Cause there's already a new Mode07 script. (It has camera rotation, autotile support and priority support)

Forever Forbidden
February 2nd, 2009, 11:21 AM
Apparently, i need to explain;
i want to set a rival, like in the pokemon games, simple, no?
i aslo would like to make a bridge that is 3 walkable tiles wide, and a bridge that is north/south facing.

blueguy
February 2nd, 2009, 04:35 PM
Apparently, i need to explain;
i want to set a rival, like in the pokemon games, simple, no?
i aslo would like to make a bridge that is 3 walkable tiles wide, and a bridge that is north/south facing.

1) To "set" a rival, you can give them a player-supplied name. Check the Notes. Then, just create the Trainer. I don't know why that's confusing?
2) Why aren't you able to do this? You just use the tiles and do it. I don't get what your issue is?

Luka S.J.
February 4th, 2009, 07:02 AM
I edited both the commandbox.png and fightbox.png into the picture below:
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll94/pokemonhalloffame/fightbox.png

However, the battle screen still appears to be like this:
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll94/pokemonhalloffame/oldcommandbox.png

What did I do wrong?

Go to the script PokeBattle_ActualScene and go to line 1053
USECOMMANDBOX=false # If true, expects a file named Graphics/Pictures/commandbox.png
USEFIGHTBOX=false # If true, expects a file named Graphics/Pictures/fightbox.png
Change the two "false" to true and the files should be named "commandbox" and "fightbox" as said in the notes next to the code.
It's really straight forward

PokemonOI
February 4th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Hw may I add more frames to the title screen? Like have a more animated title screen than just Pic_1 and Pic_2?

Blazing Charizard
February 4th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Hw may I add more frames to the title screen? Like have a more animated title screen than just Pic_1 and Pic_2?

In the script 'Main', find line 25:
return Scene_Intro.new(['Pic_1'], 'Pic_2')

And add the filenames of your intro frames like this:

return Scene_Intro.new(['Pic_1','Pic_3','Pic_4'], 'Pic_2')

I haven't tried it out yet but I think it should work.

PokemonOI
February 4th, 2009, 08:08 AM
In the script 'Main', find line 25:
return Scene_Intro.new(['Pic_1'], 'Pic_2')

And add the filenames of your intro frames like this:

return Scene_Intro.new(['Pic_1','Pic_3','Pic_4'], 'Pic_2')

I haven't tried it out yet but I think it should work.
Well I did it and now I get a syntax error.....whats that?

Blazing Charizard
February 4th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Well I did it and now I get a syntax error.....whats that?

It works fine with me :S can you post the line you use? (btw, the names don't have too be called Pic_x. Also, the pic you're using must be placed in Graphics/Titles)

PokemonOI
February 4th, 2009, 09:03 AM
It works fine with me :S can you post the line you use? (btw, the names don't have too be called Pic_x. Also, the pic you're using must be placed in Graphics/Titles)
I know I just prefer to name them that but here is what I had.

return Scene_Intro.new(['Pic_1'], 'Pic_2', 'Pic_3', 'Pic_4',)

Forever Forbidden
February 4th, 2009, 09:52 AM
1) To "set" a rival, you can give them a player-supplied name. Check the Notes. Then, just create the Trainer. I don't know why that's confusing?
2) Why aren't you able to do this? You just use the tiles and do it. I don't get what your issue is?

1) Thank you so much XD
2) I tried 'pbBridgeUp' AND 'pbBridgeFoward' and neither worked, plus, you need 2 blank event to set the limits of the bridge, but if I place them 3 tiles away from each other; massive glitches occur.

blueguy
February 4th, 2009, 10:02 AM
1) Thank you so much XD
2) I tried 'pbBridgeUp' AND 'pbBridgeFoward' and neither worked, plus, you need 2 blank event to set the limits of the bridge, but if I place them 3 tiles away from each other; massive glitches occur.

As far as I know, there are no specific scripts to create bridges. There don't really need to be any. ;D All you do is place bridge tiles over the water and voila.

Forever Forbidden
February 4th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Ah, but its not over water and thats the problem. If i post a screenie, would it help?

Blazing Charizard
February 4th, 2009, 10:07 AM
I know I just prefer to name them that but here is what I had.

return Scene_Intro.new(['Pic_1'], 'Pic_2', 'Pic_3', 'Pic_4',)

Ah ok, Well change your line to this:
return Scene_Intro.new(['Pic_1','Pic_2','Pic_3'], 'Pic_4',)

I guess it should work like this...

PokemonOI
February 4th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Ah ok, Well change your line to this:
return Scene_Intro.new(['Pic_1','Pic_2','Pic_3'], 'Pic_4',)

I guess it should work like this...
Well it still didnt work but I'll figure it out. I think we may have to different versions because your line 25 is line 18 in mine.

Florio
February 4th, 2009, 12:56 PM
I have a question.
How can I set a regional dex? I checked the notes and I really couldn't find anything that could help me. I want to set only about 200 pokemon in my Regional Dex before the national and I'm not 100% sure how to do it. This is what I tried in my pokemon.txt folder.

[152]
Name=CHIKORITA
InternalName=CHIKORITA
Kind=LEAF
RegionalNumbers=1
Pokedex=It waves its leaf around to keep foes at bay. However, a sweet fragrance also wafts from the leaf, creating a friendly atmosphere that becalms the battlers.
Type1=GRASS
BaseStats=45,49,65,45,49,65
Rareness=45
BaseEXP=64
Happiness=70
GrowthRate=Fluctuating
StepsToHatch=5120
Color=Green
Habitat=Grassland
EffortPoints=0,0,0,0,0,1
Abilities=OVERGROW
WildItemCommon=LUMBERRY
WildItemRare=LUMBERRY
Compatibility=1,7
Height=0.9
Weight=6.4
GenderRate=FemaleOneEighth
Moves=1,TACKLE,1,GROWL,8,RAZORLEAF,12,REFLECT,15,POISONPOWDER,22,SYNTHESIS,29,BODYSLAM,36,LIGHTSCREEN,43,SAFEGUARD,50,SOLARBEAM
EggMoves=VINEWHIP,LEECHSEED,COUNTER,ANCIENTPOWER,FLAIL,NATUREPOWER,INGRAIN,GRASSWHISTLE
Evolutions=BAYLEEF,Level,16
BattlerPlayerY=10
BattlerEnemyY=13
BattlerAltitude=0
But when I added the pokedex it still came up as 151. Any help?

blueguy
February 4th, 2009, 08:29 PM
I have a question.
How can I set a regional dex?

This is actually something I've wondered too. I hope the answer isn't glaringly obvious or I'll feel really dumb. XD

Ah, but its not over water and thats the problem. If i post a screenie, would it help?

What you need to do is on the first layer, use the water tiles. Then, use the next layer to place the bridge tiles over the water. In RPG Maker XP your map has three layers. The first layer is all solid. The next two are used for tiles with transparency etc.

Forever Forbidden
February 5th, 2009, 06:27 AM
I know how it works, but i want it to be over walkable ground, not water, but thanks for the help.

mad.array
February 5th, 2009, 01:44 PM
As far as the regional Pokédex goes, it seems as if you have to define the maps as belonging to a region. This is done through the metadata.txt and townmap.txt files in the pbs folder. I haven't looked thoroughly into it, but once you've defined the regions in those two sections and put the entries into the pokemon.txt file then they should show up in both dexes.

If you have pokemon in more than one regional dex then you have to separate the numbers defined in the RegionalNumbers entry with commas. If it doesn't appear in a specific dex then put a 0. As far as I'm aware that should do it!

Krazy_Meerkat
February 6th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Can someone please help me with this problem? I'm trying to display the pokeball which the current pokemon was caught by in battle (eg. master ball), next to the hp bar.. I took the code right out of the pokedex's 2nd page.. I modified the PokemonDataBox class of Pokemon_ActualScene:
@spritebaseX=16
@pokeball=sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/ball%02d_0.png",(@battler.pokemon.ballused))
else
@spritebaseX=0
end
It says that the ballused method is undefined and I have no idea why.. it is displayed with this:

pbCopyBitmap(self.bitmap,@pokeball,@spritebaseX+5,@spritebaseY+25) if $Trainer.owned[battler.species]
I would really appreciate any help offered

Wichu
February 7th, 2009, 12:28 AM
Can someone please help me with this problem? I'm trying to display the pokeball which the current pokemon was caught by in battle (eg. master ball), next to the hp bar.. I took the code right out of the pokedex's 2nd page.. I modified the PokemonDataBox class of Pokemon_ActualScene:

I would really appreciate any help offered

Could you post the actual error message? I'm not sure what the problem here is; the whole message might help clarify it.

Hardy Har Har
February 7th, 2009, 02:59 AM
I wish hopefully that alternate formes(Deoxys, Giratina), and making Castform and Cherrim transform are on the next release...

Kamaran
February 7th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Hey. I am having fun with the RPG maker xp (Pokemon Essential), and when my pokemon is low on HP, i will of couse go to the Pokemon Center. Here comes the problem; The lovely miss will do what she does but when i get my Pokemons back they are not healed.

The code is currently;

Script: Kernel.pbSetPokemonCenter
Text: RANDOM
Show Choices: Yes, No
When [Yes]
Recover All: Entiry Party
Set Move Route: This event
: $>Turn Left
Wait for move's completion
Script: $game_Variables[43]=$Trainer.party.length
: $game_map.need_refresh=true
Wait: 40 frame(s)
Control Variables: [0043: Reserved - Pokemon Count] = 0
Set Move Route: This Event
: $>Turn Down
Text: Random

When [No]

Branch End

Ty 101
February 7th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Hey. I am having fun with the RPG maker xp (Pokemon Essential), and when my pokemon is low on HP, i will of couse go to the Pokemon Center. Here comes the problem; The lovely miss will do what she does but when i get my Pokemons back they are not healed.

The code is currently;

Script: Kernel.pbSetPokemonCenter
Text: RANDOM
Show Choices: Yes, No
When [Yes]
Recover All: Entiry Party
Set Move Route: This event
: $>Turn Left
Wait for move's completion
Script: $game_Variables[43]=$Trainer.party.length
: $game_map.need_refresh=true
Wait: 40 frame(s)
Control Variables: [0043: Reserved - Pokemon Count] = 0
Set Move Route: This Event
: $>Turn Down

When [No]

Branch End

Copy and paste the nurse out of the sample game.

poccil
February 7th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Kamaran:

That was a bug in a recent version of Pokemon Essentials. Please re-download the Pokemon Essentials kit, which contains a fix to that problem.

Kamaran
February 7th, 2009, 01:43 PM
thx m8...
Is it possible you can help me with;
---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
(eval):2:in `pbExecuteScript'compile error
(eval):2: syntax error
***Full script:
Kernel.pbReceiveItem(PBItems::MOONSTON
E)

Interpreter:258:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1652:in `command_355'
Interpreter:496:in `execute_command'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.
Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

Krazy_Meerkat
February 7th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Pokemon Essentials
Exception: NoMethodError

PokeBattle_ActualScene:485:in `initialize'

PokeBattle_ActualScene:1528:in `new'

PokeBattle_ActualScene:1528:in `pbStartBattle'

PokeBattle_Battle:570:in `pbStartBattleCore'

PokeBattle_Battle:542:in `pbStartBattle'

PokemonField:414:in `pbWildBattle'

PokemonField:413:in `pbSceneStandby'

PokemonField:415:in `pbWildBattle'

PokemonField:412:in `pbBattleAnimation'

PokemonField:412:in `pbWildBattle'

If it helps, here is the block of code and modified parts shown
class PokemonDataBox < SpriteWrapper
attr_reader :battler
attr_accessor :selected
attr_accessor :appearing
attr_reader :animatingHP
attr_reader :animatingEXP
def initialize(battler,doublebattle,viewport=nil)
super(viewport)
@explevel=0
@battler=battler
@spritebaseY=0
@selected=0
@frame=0
@showhp=false
@showexp=false
@appearing=false
@animatingHP=false
@currenthp=0
@endhp=0
@expflash=0
@statusCX=64
@statusY=28

@spritebaseX=16
else
@spritebaseX=0
end
yoffset=(Graphics.height-320)
if doublebattle
case @battler.index
when 0
@databox=BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/doublePlayerBox.png")
@spriteX=256
@spriteY=124+yoffset
when 1
@databox=BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/doubleEnemyBox.png")
@spriteX=26
@spriteY=10+yoffset
@spritebaseX=0
@spritebaseY=0
when 2
@databox=BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/doublePlayerBox.png")
@spriteX=280
@spriteY=174+yoffset
when 3
@databox=BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/doubleEnemyBox.png")
@spriteX=2
@spriteY=60+yoffset
end
else
case @battler.index
when 0
@databox=BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/singlePlayerBox.png")
@spriteX=254
@spriteY=148+yoffset
@showhp=true
@showexp=true
@statusCX=40
@statusY=44
when 1
@databox=BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/singleEnemyBox.png")
@spriteX=26
@spriteY=32+yoffset
end
end
@statuses=BitmapCache.load_bitmap(_INTL("Graphics/Pictures/boxstatuses.png"))
@contents=Bitmap.new(@databox.width,@databox.height)
self.bitmap=@contents
self.visible=false
self.z=2
refreshExpLevel
refresh
end
def dispose
@statuses.dispose
@databox.dispose
@contents.dispose
super
end
def refreshExpLevel
if !@battler.pokemon
@explevel=0
else
growthrate=@battler.pokemon.growthrate
startexp=PBExperience.pbGetStartExperience(@battler.pokemon.level,growthrate)
endexp=PBExperience.pbGetStartExperience(@battler.pokemon.level+1,growthrate)
if startexp==endexp
@explevel=0
else
@explevel=(@battler.pokemon.exp-startexp)*PokeBattle_Scene::EXPGAUGESIZE/(endexp-startexp)
end
end
end
def exp
return @animatingEXP ? @currentexp : @explevel
end
def hp
return @animatingHP ? @currenthp : @battler.hp
end
def animateHP(oldhp,newhp)
@currenthp=oldhp
@endhp=newhp
@animatingHP=true
end
def animateEXP(oldexp,newexp)
@currentexp=oldexp
@endexp=newexp
@animatingEXP=true
end
def appear
refreshExpLevel
refresh
self.visible=true
self.opacity=255
self.x=@spriteX+320
else
self.x=@spriteX-320
end
self.y=@spriteY
@appearing=true
end
def refresh
self.bitmap.clear
return if !@battler.pokemon
self.bitmap.blt(0,0,@databox,Rect.new(0,0,@databox.width,@databox.height))
pbSetSmallFont(self.bitmap)
hpstring=_ISPRINTF("{1: 2d}/{2: 2d}",self.hp,@battler.totalhp)
textpos=[]
base=PokeBattle_Scene::BOXTEXTBASECOLOR
shadow=PokeBattle_Scene::BOXTEXTSHADOWCOLOR
genderX=self.bitmap.text_size(@battler.name).width
genderX+=@spritebaseX+14
textpos.push([@battler.name,@spritebaseX+14,@spritebaseY+6,false,base,shadow])
if @battler.gender==0 # Male
textpos.push([_INTL("♂"),genderX,@spritebaseY+6,false,Color.new(8*8,25*8,31*8),shadow])
elsif @battler.gender==1 # Female
textpos.push([_INTL("♀"),genderX,@spritebaseY+6,false,Color.new(31*8,19*8,18*8),shadow])
end
textpos.push([_INTL("Lv{1}",@battler.level),@spritebaseX+170,@spritebaseY+6,true,base,shadow])
if @showhp
textpos.push([hpstring,@spritebaseX+170,@spritebaseY+40,true,base,shadow])
end
pbDrawTextPositions(self.bitmap,textpos)
if @battler.status>0
self.bitmap.blt(@spritebaseX+14,@spritebaseY+@statusY,@statuses,
Rect.new(0,(@battler.status-1)*16,@statusCX,16))
end
hpGaugeSize=PokeBattle_Scene::HPGAUGESIZE
hpgauge=@battler.totalhp==0 ? 0 : (self.hp*hpGaugeSize/@battler.totalhp)
hpgauge=1 if hpgauge==0 && self.hp>0
hpzone=0
hpzone=1 if self.hp<=(@battler.totalhp/2).floor
hpzone=2 if self.hp<=(@battler.totalhp/4).floor
hpcolors=[
PokeBattle_Scene::HPCOLORSHADOW1,
PokeBattle_Scene::HPCOLORBASE1,
PokeBattle_Scene::HPCOLORSHADOW2,
PokeBattle_Scene::HPCOLORBASE2,
PokeBattle_Scene::HPCOLORSHADOW3,
PokeBattle_Scene::HPCOLORBASE3
]
# fill with HP color
hpGaugeX=PokeBattle_Scene::HPGAUGE_X
hpGaugeY=PokeBattle_Scene::HPGAUGE_Y
expGaugeX=PokeBattle_Scene::EXPGAUGE_X
expGaugeY=PokeBattle_Scene::EXPGAUGE_Y
self.bitmap.fill_rect(@spritebaseX+hpGaugeX,@spritebaseY+hpGaugeY,hpgauge,2,hpcolors[hpzone*2])
self.bitmap.fill_rect(@spritebaseX+hpGaugeX,@spritebaseY+hpGaugeY+2,hpgauge,2,hpcolors[hpzone*2+1])
# fill with black
self.bitmap.fill_rect(@spritebaseX+hpGaugeX+hpgauge,@spritebaseY+hpGaugeY,hpGaugeSize-hpgauge,2,PokeBattle_Scene::HPCOLORSHADOW4)
self.bitmap.fill_rect(@spritebaseX+hpGaugeX+hpgauge,@spritebaseY+hpGaugeY+2,hpGaugeSize-hpgauge,2,PokeBattle_Scene::HPCOLORBASE4)
if @showexp
# fill with EXP color
self.bitmap.fill_rect(@spritebaseX+expGaugeX,@spritebaseY+expGaugeY,self.exp,4,PokeBattle_Scene::EXPCOLOR)
end
end
It displays a standard pokeball with just this part:
@pokeball=BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/pokeball.png") but the thing I am trying to display doesn't work :(

Forever Forbidden
February 8th, 2009, 07:09 AM
A few things i would now like, but i think they will involve heavy script edits, but whatever;

I'd like to play an intro movie before the title screen.

i'd also like to set the number of saves allowed.

anyone want to helps?

Wichu
February 8th, 2009, 09:49 AM
If it helps, here is the block of code and modified parts shown

It displays a standard pokeball with just this part:
@pokeball=BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/pokeball.png") but the thing I am trying to display doesn't work :(

It appears that the battler hasn't got an attached Pokémon object; from the error message, you can see that it says the method is undefined for NilClass. Try adding 'if @battler.pokemon' after the line which gets the type of ball to use.

Ty 101
February 8th, 2009, 10:10 AM
A few things i would now like, but i think they will involve heavy script edits, but whatever;

I'd like to play an intro movie before the title screen.

i'd also like to set the number of saves allowed.

anyone want to helps?

I am working on figuring out a way to play an intro movie.

I do not know how to different saves except for switching between different game data.

ultron90
February 9th, 2009, 04:48 AM
which part of the script that i have edit to make the pokemon play it's cry during GROWL/ROAR?

PoKéMaKeR
February 9th, 2009, 06:50 AM
thx m8...
Is it possible you can help me with;
Pokemon Essentials
(eval):2:in `pbExecuteScript'compile error
(eval):2: syntax error
***Full script:
E)

Interpreter:258:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1652:in `command_355'
Interpreter:496:in `execute_command'

OK

Don't know if anyone answered yet but your problem is this:

E)

Where it should be Kernel.pbReceiveItem(PBItems::MOONSTONE)
Or this Kernel.pbReceiveItem(
PBItems::MOONSTONE)
(you see, all of coding needs to be on the same line)
Then it'll work I guess

Good luck!

PoKéMaKeR

SL1MSHADY
February 9th, 2009, 12:24 PM
does anyone know how to edit the screen where the options to continue, start a new game, and options are?

SpawnHyuuga
February 9th, 2009, 02:31 PM
How do I incorporate the Platinum sprites into my game, I figure everything will place just about right except for the female differentials. How do I make the females look different, and this frame 1, frame 2 stuff, how do I take this into my own hands?

Maruno
February 9th, 2009, 03:44 PM
How do I incorporate the Platinum sprites into my game, I figure everything will place just about right except for the female differentials. How do I make the females look different, and this frame 1, frame 2 stuff, how do I take this into my own hands?
The 4th Gen sprites are a different (larger) size than what Essentials is using (which is the 3rd Gen sprite size). You'll need to change the size of your Platinum sprites, but then it's a simple case of replacing the current sprites with your new ones.

Making a different sprite be shown depending on gender would require a little bit of scripting, although as far as I can imagine it would only be a couple of lines (at most) added into the scripts wherever it says to show the sprite (in battle and in the party screen, possibly in the Dex as well if you're doing something fancy).

To have the battlers animate at the start of a battle would require more complex scripting.

EDIT: Quick question - which file are the scripts saved in? I recently messed up a script I was working on, and now I've decided I want to keep backups (I was only playing around with them, to see what I could do, so it's no big loss). I'm guessing it's "Data/Scripts.rxdata", but call me pedantic, I want to be sure before I start fiddling around again.

Forever Forbidden
February 10th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Something is wrong with the DP skins provided; it pushes the text to the right, and also shortens the window capacity to hold text in the menu, can you combat this?

Also, how can i display Icons before the words in the start menu?

SpawnHyuuga
February 10th, 2009, 02:41 PM
I'll have to see if anyone can make that script. As far as I know Essentials Sprite Size is 128 x 128, and the Platinum sprites I have are 128 x 128.

EDIT: Need someone who knows a lot of scripting, PM me please. (2 Scripts - I know nothing about RGSS)

Likewise
February 10th, 2009, 08:20 PM
does anyone know how to edit the screen where the options to continue, start a new game, and options are?You need to edit the pokemon load script so that it renders the menu skin invisible and so that it has a background picture which you customize.

Krazy_Meerkat
February 10th, 2009, 11:16 PM
It appears that the battler hasn't got an attached Pokémon object; from the error message, you can see that it says the method is undefined for NilClass. Try adding 'if @battler.pokemon' after the line which gets the type of ball to use.

Thanks Wichu, I was able to find the real problems and solve them due to your help :)
I am slowly remembering how to use rgss, cheers m8.

ddensu_pda
February 13th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Hello, i need help :B

I want to know if in pokemon starter kit exists a variable that stores the number of owned and seen pokemon.

Anyone can help me on this? D:

Wichu
February 14th, 2009, 02:26 AM
$Trainer.pokedexSeen and $Trainer.pokedexOwned will do the trick.
If you want to use it in a conditional branch, you should use the Script condition. For example:
Conditional Branch: Script: $Trainer.pokedexOwned>=40
will check if the player has owned greater than or equal to (i.e. at least) 40 Pokémon.

Forever Forbidden
February 14th, 2009, 04:40 AM
I think this will be more of a new script, but i would like a mew move;

its ??? type, so it effects all
its called Banish.
Basically, it only has 1 pp, can only be restored at a pokemon centre, and it kills the enemy's pokemon without fail. also, the fainted pokemon can ONLY be restored at a pokemon cente.
can you help?

SpawnHyuuga
February 14th, 2009, 10:30 AM
As far as I know you would't need a script, you would just have to edit the PBS text files and add your moves, give it the same effect value as Horn Drill or Fissure, and make the accuracy 100% (Or Higher to ensure hit).

Shun
February 14th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Small Question to ask, How do I change the Play Screen Resolution from whatever it is to width of 680 and hieght of 500?

PokemonOI
February 14th, 2009, 11:23 AM
How Do I make it to where that when I put my D/P Battlebacks for the pokemon in the game they dont mess up during battle animations.

Maruno
February 14th, 2009, 06:52 PM
I think this will be more of a new script, but i would like a mew move;

its ??? type, so it effects all
its called Banish.
Basically, it only has 1 pp, can only be restored at a pokemon centre, and it kills the enemy's pokemon without fail. also, the fainted pokemon can ONLY be restored at a pokemon cente.
can you help?

As far as I know you would't need a script, you would just have to edit the PBS text files and add your moves, give it the same effect value as Horn Drill or Fissure, and make the accuracy 100% (Or Higher to ensure hit).
Here's your answer, for the most part. The effect that lets the dead pokémon only be revived at a Pokémon Centre requires some scripting, however. Off the top of my head, you'd need to create a new value attached to each pokémon, and set it as something (1, true, etc.) when this move is used. Then you'd need to edit the parts of the scripts where revival items or other non_Pokémon Centre revival effects work, to include a check of this value and only work on a pokémon when its value is not whatever this move sets it to. You wouldn't need to change the Pokémon Centre healing script.

Small Question to ask, How do I change the Play Screen Resolution from whatever it is to width of 680 and hieght of 500?
You don't. The limit is 640x480. Anything more than that causes graphical errors, and you don't want that.

To change the default resolution of the window, go into SpriteResizer and look around line 12. Those are the numbers you should change. Note, however, that changing the screen resolution in-game by the Options menu will overwrite this default, and you'll never get your desired resolution back. Your best bet would be to disable that particular option from the Options menu. It's easy enough to do.

How Do I make it to where that when I put my D/P Battlebacks for the pokemon in the game they dont mess up during battle animations.
Details? Screenshots? Only you know how they're "messing up" at the moment, so we can't exactly help you. Also mention the dimensions of your battlebacks, and what kinds of script changes you've been making.

delyemerald2
February 15th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Hi, I've some problems with these two functions:

pbRegisterPartner
pbAddForeignPokemon

I even tried the full examples but they didn't work.

rodascesar
February 15th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Hey I have a problem of my owns that I need help with.
the problem is that I want to send the player to a map full of black tiles(so nothing can seen), make him invisible and then play a sequence of pictures.. after I want the player to become visible and send to another map..
but this problem shows up everytime I test play it..
http://i44.tinypic.com/2q1cil0.png'

thanks to anyone that helps out..

ddensu_pda
February 15th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Hello... :(
Sorry for being a noob
But i want to know how i can put day-night tinting in the battle screen, because i want to put it in my game...
please :)

(Sorry for my noob english)

blueguy
February 15th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Hi, I've some problems with these two functions:

pbRegisterPartner
pbAddForeignPokemon

I even tried the full examples but they didn't work.

Are you sure you have the latest version?

Hall Of Famer
February 15th, 2009, 03:22 PM
I'm using this script for Pokemon battle event so is it possible to make the pokemon uncatchable?

pbWildBattle(
::PBSpecies::GYARADOS,15,1)

Btw, it seems that the game can't proceed if the player loses a wild pokemon battle like this, and I'd like to know if there is a way to fix this issue. Thx.

<~F.M.P~>
February 15th, 2009, 05:19 PM
I'm using this script for Pokemon battle event so is it possible to make the pokemon uncatchable?

pbWildBattle(
::PBSpecies::GYARADOS,15,1)Btw, it seems that the game can't proceed if the player loses a wild pokemon battle like this, and I'd like to know if there is a way to fix this issue. Thx.

I believe your event should resemble something like this.

@>Conditional Branch : Script: pbWildBattle(: PBSpecies::GYARADOS,15,1),false,0,true)
@>Control Self Switch: A=ON
@>(Insert what happens if or when the player wins the battle)
: Else
(Insert what happens if or when the player loses the battle)
: Branch End

I hope that helps.

TB Pro
February 15th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Hello all, I am new to the Game Making scene, so I don't know all THAT much. I recently inserted some tiles and autotiles into the Pokémon Essentials, and I playtested it. I cannot move in any direction, and I checked the Passage, and it is correct. I'm not sure if it was my fault, or what's wrong. Thanks for helping!

tImE
February 16th, 2009, 04:10 AM
I've searcehd the thread and I didn't find anything, so I'll
ask it myself.

Is there a way to make a Pokémon only obey while a certain switch/var is on, and to never obey
when the switch/var is off?

//44tim44

Ty 101
February 16th, 2009, 02:37 PM
does anyone know how to edit the screen where the options to continue, start a new game, and options are?

You need to edit the pokemon load script so that it renders the menu skin invisible and so that it has a background picture which you customize.

Could someone tell me which script to edit and which part of that script to edit.
I am trying to add a mystery gift function when my mystery gift switch is on.

ddensu_pda
February 16th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Sorry for being a noob
But i want to know how i can put day-night tinting in the battle screen, because i want to put it in my game...

SpawnHyuuga
February 16th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Could someone tell me which script to edit and which part of that script to edit.
I am trying to add a mystery gift function when my mystery gift switch is on.

I would make it an in-game NPC you have to see where you do a random check like thing. See if this makes any sense...

[First this event only happens when your switch is on.]
Control Variable: Mystery Gift = Random No. (0...124) [Whereas 124 is the total number of maximum rewards.
Conditional Branch: Variable Mystery Gift == 1
@> (Give item event here)

It requires a huge event but its the easiest way I can think of not involving scripting.

-------------------------------------

EDIT: I think I may have come up an eventing way to add dolls and stuff to the game. Let me check it out and see what I can find I'll post my findings later. We may save ourselves a script or two.

ddensu_pda
February 16th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Sorry for being a noob

Forever Forbidden
February 17th, 2009, 04:33 AM
My map for the region is too big, is there a way i can scroll it using the direction keys?

PoKéMaKeR
February 17th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Sorry for being a noob

Look in the script PokemonField, there you have to search this: Time.now.hour
And then change the Opacities you see under it..
I don´t know it for sure, but you can atleast give it a try (don´t you think?)
Be sure to make a backup though..

My map for the region is too big, is there a way i can scroll it using the direction keys?

I'm not sure about this one, but I'd think it has something to do with some kind of script in the starterkit, an other option is to just shrink your region map..

PoKéMaKeR

ddensu_pda
February 17th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Look in the script PokemonField, there you have to search this: Time.now.hour
And then change the Opacities you see under it..
I don´t know it for sure, but you can atleast give it a try (don´t you think?)
Be sure to make a backup though..

I'm not sure about this one, but I'd think it has something to do with some kind of script in the starterkit, an other option is to just shrink your region map..

PoKéMaKeR

Nope, don't result...
because i want to put the night/day tinting in the battle screen, nop in the field.

PoKéMaKeR
February 17th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Nope, don't result...
because i want to put the night/day tinting in the battle screen, nop in the field.

Whoops my mistake :P, misread it:P

Uhm that should be possible too, but for that you have to script something extra, in the battle script..

PoKéMaKeR

Forever Forbidden
February 17th, 2009, 08:19 AM

PoKéMaKeR

Meh, i can't really shrink it, as it would kill quality.

delyemerald2
February 17th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Are you sure you have the latest version?

Still, isn't working. It says it can't find the method.

Ty 101
February 17th, 2009, 12:34 PM
I would make it an in-game NPC you have to see where you do a random check like thing. See if this makes any sense...

[First this event only happens when your switch is on.]
Control Variable: Mystery Gift = Random No. (0...124) [Whereas 124 is the total number of maximum rewards.
Conditional Branch: Variable Mystery Gift == 1
@> (Give item event here)

It requires a huge event but its the easiest way I can think of not involving scripting.

-------------------------------------

EDIT: I think I may have come up an eventing way to add dolls and stuff to the game. Let me check it out and see what I can find I'll post my findings later. We may save ourselves a script or two.

I do not want it in game. I already have a way to do mystery gift. I just want to know whatt script to edit.

rodascesar
February 17th, 2009, 04:34 PM
I want to know how to make the naming part not necesary.... and to have an automatic name for the player.. can someone teach me how to do that... ? I need that for something..

PoKéMaKeR
February 18th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Uhm I've got a problem..
The intro gives me a problem:

Pokémon Rancher
Exception: NameError
Sprite_Picture:23:in `update'
Spriteset_Map:264:in `_animationSprite_update'
Spriteset_Map:263:in `each'
Spriteset_Map:263:in `_animationSprite_update'
AnimationSprite:92:in `update'
Scene_Map:51:in `updateSpritesets'
Scene_Map:45:in `each'
Scene_Map:45:in `updateSpritesets'
Scene_Map:112:in `update'

OK

But what is it.. and how can I fix this?

Please help!

PoKéMaKeR

EDIT: nevermind I fixed the problem already:)

Ty 101
February 18th, 2009, 01:13 PM
I want to know how to make the naming part not necesary.... and to have an automatic name for the player.. can someone teach me how to do that... ? I need that for something..
Just take out the naming events in the intro and always include the name in the text spoken.

Anuhrima
February 18th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Can someone show me a copy of what the PokemonChatter script is supposed to look like

Ty 101
February 18th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Is there a way to make a pokemon follow you like in yellow.

Maruno
February 18th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Just take out the naming events in the intro and always include the name in the text spoken.
No, that won't work because things like the trainer card in the pause menu checks the name of the player (which isn't defined if you take the naming part (the "pbTrainerName" script) out of the intro event). It's not just about making the in-game people say a particular name. Also the game won't work if you do that.

PokemonUtilities, line 730. Change it to equal whatever name you want (in quotes). Note that you should leave in the "pbTrainerName" script in the intro event (where Prof Oak pops up), because that sets everything up for a new game.

Ty 101
February 18th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Is there a way to make a pokemon follow you like in yellow.

Also, where is the player graphic mentioned in the intro stored and what is it called?

blueguy
February 18th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Also, where is the player graphic mentioned in the intro stored and what is it called?

Make sure you read the notes included with Pokémon Essentials before asking a question. ;D There's a whole section on "dependent events." Have fun.

Luka S.J.
February 19th, 2009, 10:45 AM
dfsjkhgjksfghsdfjkh jkfhgjk shgfh jkhsfjkgh sjkfgh sfgh sfjklghfjksgh jksfh gsf

If you have a decent question ask it. Otherwise leave this topic and stop wasting people's time/

<~F.M.P~>
February 19th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Uhm I've got a problem..

The intro gives me a problem:

Pokémon Rancher
Sprite_Picture:23:in `update'
Spriteset_Map:264:in `_animationSprite_update'
Spriteset_Map:263:in `each'
Spriteset_Map:263:in `_animationSprite_update'
AnimationSprite:92:in `update'
Scene_Map:51:in `updateSpritesets'
Scene_Map:45:in `each'
Scene_Map:45:in `updateSpritesets'
Scene_Map:112:in `update'

OK

But what is it.. and how can I fix this?

Please help!

PoKéMaKeR

EDIT: nevermind I fixed the problem already:)

Would you mind posting the script or PMing it to me and explaining what you were trying to do?

PoKéMaKeR
February 19th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Would you mind posting the script or PMing it to me and explaining what you were trying to do?

Lol didn't you see the Edit :P
It's fixed already, thanks anyways :D

PoKéMaKeR

TB Pro
February 19th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Hello all, I am new to the Game Making scene, so I don't know all THAT much. I recently inserted some tiles and autotiles into the Pokémon Essentials, and I playtested it. I cannot move in any direction, and I checked the Passage, and it is correct. I'm not sure if it was my fault, or what's wrong. Thanks for helping!
Hey guyz, just quoting for emphasis. :)

blueguy
February 19th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Hey guyz, just quoting for emphasis. :)

I think no one's replied because it's confusing! I have absolutely no clue why it wouldn't work. Did you mess around with the Intro sequence at all?

TB Pro
February 19th, 2009, 07:21 PM
I think no one's replied because it's confusing! I have absolutely no clue why it wouldn't work. Did you mess around with the Intro sequence at all?
Oh, haha. I thought that might be it xD Well, no, I didn't touch it at all. Very confusing problem, eh?

blueguy
February 19th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Oh, haha. I thought that might be it xD Well, no, I didn't touch it at all. Very confusing problem, eh?

I say, you should simply delete the Starter Kit and download it again, perhaps. :/

<~F.M.P~>
February 19th, 2009, 07:48 PM
I say, you should simply delete the Starter Kit and download it again, perhaps. :/

Lol good idea but I'll try to help him on msn before he does that. Ipro if your on tomorrow I'll try and help you figure out the problem and if all else fails we'll go with blueguys suggestion. If you don't mind the help that is.

tImE
February 20th, 2009, 01:35 AM

Did you move the starting position to another map than
the "intro" map?

If so, put the starting position in the middle of "intro" again.

Hope this helps ;)

//44tim44

EDIT:
Also, bumping my own question since it was ignored:
I've searcehd the thread and I didn't find anything, so I'll
ask it myself.

Is there a way to make a Pokémon only obey while a certain switch/var is on, and to never obey
when the switch/var is off?

//44tim44

TB Pro
February 20th, 2009, 03:59 AM
Did you move the starting position to another map than
the "intro" map?

If so, put the starting position in the middle of "intro" again.

Hope this helps ;)

Nope, I checked that too:P @Flood - Alright, that sounds good. ;)

ddensu_pda
February 20th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Sorry for being a noob

SpawnHyuuga
February 21st, 2009, 08:32 AM
Does anybody know how to go about making a full-fledged "Gary"-type Pokemon Selection in Oak's Lab? I have it working for the most part you can select your Poke'mon. (There's like 7 starters.) Gary should then choose your weakness right afterward, or so that's what I want to happen but then he needs to battle you, with your opposite. How do I do it? (My game features at least 2 rivals and then all your previous rivals, so this is an important step.) Please tell me I don't have to setup a Gary trainer for each starter.

EDIT
Also how do I change or add a background music effect to cities and such?

EDIT (2nd) to Above Edit:
*self face palm* Problem Solved. *raindrop*

delyemerald2
February 21st, 2009, 02:32 PM
Still with these questions:

1. I can't use the pbRegisterPartner and pbForeignPokemon scriptcommands. And yes, I tried the newest version.

2. I finally almost got the server up. Now's the problem: in game, it keeps saying I don't have made a server in the Sever.txt file but I did do that! Does somebody knows what's wrong?

SpawnHyuuga
February 21st, 2009, 08:18 PM
Ignoring my last questions, can someone make something out of this error:

Interpreter:279:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:789:in `command_111'
Interpreter:322:in `execute_command'
Exception: Hangup
Message: The script is taking too long. The game will restart.
Compiler:3547:in `pbCompileAllData'
Compiler:3636
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'uninitialized constant PBItems::POKEBALL
***Full script:
Kernel.pbReceiveItem(::PBItems::POKEBALL)
Interpreter:789:in `eval'

zelder
February 22nd, 2009, 07:05 PM
Ignoring my last questions, can someone make something out of this error:

Exception: Hangup
Message: The script is taking too long. The game will restart.
Compiler:3547:in `pbCompileAllData'
Compiler:3636
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'uninitialized constant PBItems::POKEBALL

I think your problem is the internal name for a pokeball is POKeBALL. Not POKEBALL like you have it.

Still with these questions:

1. I can't use the pbRegisterPartner and pbForeignPokemon scriptcommands. And yes, I tried the newest version.

2. I finally almost got the server up. Now's the problem: in game, it keeps saying I don't have made a server in the Sever.txt file but I did do that! Does somebody knows what's wrong?

I have no idea why pbRegisterPartner is not working, i have latest release and its working fine. Are the paramiters in the script correct? Example from notes:
pbRegisterPartner(PBTrainers::PkMnTRAINER_Cheryl,"Cheryl",0)

As for your PbForeignPokemon problem, it is spelled incorrect. It should be pbAddForeignPokemon,
but it is not working, a script error comes up.

Also the daycare system is not working, i had 2 level 20 pokemon that are compatable of breeding in for 2days+ and they have not grown 1 level. Also the daycare man says they dont like each other but they are capable of breeding acording to 2 different sites, and yes 1 is male and 1 is female.

SpawnHyuuga
February 23rd, 2009, 01:02 PM
I think your problem is the internal name for a pokeball is POKeBALL. Not POKEBALL like you have it.

I have no idea why pbRegisterPartner is not working, i have latest release and its working fine. Are the paramiters in the script correct? Example from notes:

As for your PbForeignPokemon problem, it is spelled incorrect. It should be pbAddForeignPokemon,

Also the daycare system is not working, i had 2 level 20 pokemon that are compatable of breeding in for 2days+ and they have not grown 1 level. Also the daycare man says they dont like each other but they are capable of breeding acording to 2 different sites, and yes 1 is male and 1 is female.

Levels grown and eggs made generally depend on how many steps you've taken, not necessarily the time that has passed, have you played your game alot taking lots of movement and exploring the area? Or did you just let your game sit for 2 days?

Ty 101
February 23rd, 2009, 01:50 PM
Has anyone tested the day care script. I will if someone can tell me how to use it. I could not find it in the notes.

SpawnHyuuga
February 23rd, 2009, 05:08 PM
It's not in the notes I believe but such an event is found in the "packaged" maps. You may have to get a fresh copy unless someone wants to paste such an event.

Question: Is it possible to trigger a Wild Pokemon Battle where you have to kill it but you cannot catch it? I know how to set up battles I just want to make it so it can't be caught.

zingzags
February 23rd, 2009, 06:55 PM
piccol always outdue himself each time

Maruno
February 23rd, 2009, 06:56 PM
Question: Is it possible to trigger a Wild Pokemon Battle where you have to kill it but you cannot catch it? I know how to set up battles I just want to make it so it can't be caught.
I think that question was asked earlier in this thread. The Search option works amazingly - I suggest words like "capture".

I won't look it up myself, but as I recall it had something to do with rigging a setting immediately before and after the battle to disable/reenable the use of Balls. I can't at all remember what that setting is, though (script/variable).

delyemerald2
February 24th, 2009, 11:29 AM

Tried, didn't work.

I only copied the actual name of it. I have that add with it.

And I too have one new question. I don't understand the parameters off that Triple Triad script but I need to know them.

Ty 101
February 24th, 2009, 02:34 PM
what script can I use to tell how many pokemon are in the party.

Maruno
February 24th, 2009, 04:16 PM
what script can I use to tell how many pokemon are in the party.
It's in the notes (not directly, but there's an example where it's used (http://upokecenter.com/projects/pokestarter/notes.html#modifyingapokemonafteraddingit)).

Script: $Trainer.party.length

ddensu_pda
February 24th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Sorry for being a noob

Maruno
February 24th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Sorry for being a noob

You can either go with the easier method that requires more pictures (i.e. the project takes up more space), or the harder method that uses shading. Let's assume the easier method.

I'm not going to explain this in detail, because frankly, I don't know. This is nothing more than my intuitive guesswork. As far as I know, this would work (although it still requires a half-decent grasp of scripting, and a whole lot of backdrops/grounds).

Find the part of the script (PokeBattle_somethingorother) where the backdrop and ground pictures (the two circles on the ground) are loaded. Expand on those lines to turn them into IF statements depending on the time of day ($time.now.hour or whatever it is - look it up). Set it such that if the time is between x and y o'clock, use picture "bggrassX.png", where you have a bunch of pictures where X is a number, all of the same background but with different tints to them (i.e. darker at night). Remember to cover all the time in the day, so that a picture will always be loaded.

You could have day/night picture, or morning/day/evening/night pictures, or even one picture per hour. It's up to you to decide how many different pictures you want to make and use.

Note that this won't affect the pokémon sprites - they'll always be the same brightness. Unless you try to be clever and create tinting for them as well (in which case make sure the other parts of the game that display pokémon sprites, such as the Pokédex, aren't messed up by what you do here).

I suspect you'll need to change several parts of the scripts the same way, so make sure you find them all.

Ty 101
February 25th, 2009, 01:30 PM
It's in the notes (not directly, but there's an example where it's used (http://upokecenter.com/projects/pokestarter/notes.html#modifyingapokemonafteraddingit)).

Script: $Trainer.party.length

Sorry for asking a question that is in the notes. I did not have this version of the notes.

Maruno
February 25th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Sorry for asking a question that is in the notes. I did not have this version of the notes.
An Internet bookmark works wonders...

Florio
February 25th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Why won't my recover all command work... I just want a Pokemon Center :'(
EDIT: Nvm i fixed it, had to update kit.

PokemonOI
February 26th, 2009, 08:33 AM
What lines do I edit so that D/P pokemon backsprites fit in the game properly without any errors? I cant seem to find the line.

Luka S.J.
February 26th, 2009, 08:49 AM
In Pokemon Essentials, a script can be created to determine a switch in order to show shiny pokemon.
example:
Events.onWildPokemonCreate+=proc {|sender,e|
pokemon=e[0]
if $game_switches[50]
pokemon.makeShiny
end
}
How could I edit this code to make the switch determine which picture (change in Pokemon form) is used for a specific Pokemon (such as origin form for Giratina when the switch is activated)?

Maruno
February 26th, 2009, 09:05 AM
What lines do I edit so that D/P pokemon backsprites fit in the game properly without any errors? I cant seem to find the line.
What do you mean? Do they not work properly at the moment?

If you're talking about the size of the sprites, then it's a bit tougher to fix. Diamond/Pearl sprites are larger than the default sprites, and using them as is (even if you fix their positions) will just result in really large sprites all over the place (in some cases, they simply won't fit where they're supposed to).

You can either resize your Diamond/Pearl sprites or change the dimensions of your game (which would involve changing pretty much every other sprite, assuming you wanted the same relative sizes of things). A tough job either way.

In Pokemon Essentials, a script can be created to determine a switch in order to show shiny pokemon.
example:
Events.onWildPokemonCreate+=proc {|sender,e|
pokemon=e[0]
if $game_switches[50]
pokemon.makeShiny
end
}How could I edit this code to make the switch determine which picture (change in Pokemon form) is used for a specific Pokemon (such as origin form for Giratina when the switch is activated)?
So you want to force all pokémon encountered while the switch is on to be shiny? Or rather, you want to apply this to deciding what Giratina looks like.

It's quite simple, conceptually, and I don't think it should even need the code. All you need to do is turn the switch on and off (in an event), and where it loads the pokémon sprite to display (during battle, in the party screen and maybe some other places), extend it a bit to include something like:

if thispokemon==GIRATINA && switch[96]==TRUE
load Giratina's alternate sprite
else
load regular sprite (this applies to all pokémon sprites, not just Giratina's normal one
end
I'm no code-wizard, but I'd imagine that's the basic idea. This will need to be done in several places (wherever sprites are loaded where you want Giratina's appearance to change - the PokéDex may not need this or a similar change).

Luka S.J.
February 26th, 2009, 09:53 AM
It's quite simple, conceptually, and I don't think it should even need the code. All you need to do is turn the switch on and off (in an event), and where it loads the pokémon sprite to display (during battle, in the party screen and maybe some other places), extend it a bit to include something like:

if thispokemon==GIRATINA && switch[96]==TRUE
load Giratina's alternate sprite
else
load regular sprite (this applies to all pokémon sprites, not just Giratina's normal one
end
I'm no code-wizard, ufff....it takes me days to figure out a certain script...but i'm progressing in learningbut I'd imagine that's the basic idea. This will need to be done in several places (wherever sprites are loaded where you want Giratina's appearance to change - the PokéDex may not need this or a similar change).

I've done that using the pbSpecies function instead of thispokemon and it always returns a syntax error. Basically what I'm trying to do is that when Giratina is outside the torn world, it is in Another Form, but when it's inside it is in Origin Form. I'm only able to do the script of the form changing depending on the values of the pokemon, and it works. But i want to do it with a switch as the main trigger.

PS. Switch 96 is exactly the switch i'm using for the torn world :D

UPDATE: I eddited the script a bit and it loads the image on the script, but loads it as a separate image, it doesn't replace the original one.

PokemonOI
February 26th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Can someone explain why I get this during leveling up?

PokemonItems:11:in `pbTopRightWindow'
PokeBattle_ActualScene:2451:in `pbLevelUp'
PokeBattle_Battle:2174:in `pbGainEXP'
PokeBattle_Battle:2154:in `loop'
PokeBattle_Battle:2190:in `pbGainEXP'
PokeBattle_Battle:2072:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:2072:in `pbGainEXP'
PokeBattle_Battle:2039:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:2039:in `pbGainEXP'
PokeBattle_Battler:1494:in `pbUseMove'

Maruno
February 27th, 2009, 05:53 AM
I've done that using the pbSpecies function instead of thispokemon and it always returns a syntax error. Basically what I'm trying to do is that when Giratina is outside the torn world, it is in Another Form, but when it's inside it is in Origin Form. I'm only able to do the script of the form changing depending on the values of the pokemon, and it works. But i want to do it with a switch as the main trigger.

PS. Switch 96 is exactly the switch i'm using for the torn world :D

UPDATE: I eddited the script a bit and it loads the image on the script, but loads it as a separate image, it doesn't replace the original one.
You have to find all instances of the pokémon sprite being loaded, and replace them. I haven't gotten around to fiddling with the battle scene yet, but I know that the Bag at least loads its pictures twice: once at the start and once whenever it's refreshed (i.e. select a different item/pocket). The Battle scene may do the same thing.

And remember that the battle scripts are spread out in several sections ("PokeBattle_"), so check them all. And you'll want to change the sprite in the Pokémon Summary page too (i.e. in your party).

If all you want is for Giratina to change only while it's in the Torn World, then you can forego having the switch and say something like "if pbSpecies==GIRATINA && map.id==70". This will change the sprite only while you're in map number 70 (or whatever map(s) you've put the Torn World in). This isn't necessarily a better way to do things, though; it's just a different way.

Ty 101
February 27th, 2009, 01:12 PM
If you edit the terrain tags in the editor do you still have to edit them in the database?
How can you delete all of a species from your party?
How can you delete the first one of a species from your party?
How can you delete the last one of a species?

I anyone can answer any of these questions it would be greatly appreciated.

delyemerald2
February 27th, 2009, 02:26 PM
I need information about the parameters of the Triple Triad. Also, how can you make a duel that if you win a variable will increase and if you lose it will decrease or there will happen nothing?

Luka S.J.
February 28th, 2009, 06:04 AM
Thanks for the help Maruno, but I've already figured the script out. I'm posting it for anyone that wants to use it. The script supports shiny Giratina in all forms and changes Giratina back to Another Form if the Torn World switch is deactivated.
Put this script in PokemonUtilities in the def pbLoadSpeciesBitmap
# Giratina form changing script by DragoChamp
elsif isConst?(species,PBSpecies,:GIRATINA)
d=if $game_switches[96]==true
begin
# Load Origin Form bitmap if found
# Rename the Origin Form images to 487origin (normal), 487sorigin (shiny), 487borigin (back), 487sborigin (shiny back)
return BitmapCache.load_bitmap(
sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/%03d%s%sorigin.png",species,
pokemon.isShiny? ? "s" : "",
back ? "b" : "", d)
)
rescue
# Load plain bitmap as usual (see below)
end
end
Change the number in blue to any number to define the control switch used for the event.
I'll be making scripts like this for other Pokemon with forms and will soon make a script which animates pokemon when they are sent out into the battle. I might also do this for trainers but that's not guaranteed.

delyemerald2
February 28th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Good to show the script. With the same script you can make forme changes for other Pokemon as well!

sword_war444
February 28th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Hey I am working on a game, Pokemon Tanzites. In the game a feature called showoff is set to appear. Showoff is a place where breeders can come to showoff their pokemon. I need some help with this script.
It should proably be simple not even show off I need a script.
I am planning on it going like this.
-You walk in and talk to the counter person.,
-The pokemon selection screen comes up, choose a pokemon.
-(Now I assume that beauty is but in, am I right)
- Then each contestant will come up and show off their pokemon.
(new int var, a vaule will be stored each time a vaule is higher than the current one)
(the vaules will be predetermined + rand(5)

So what I need help with is how you choose your pokemon and how to make use the pokemons beauty to be stored in a variable and added with a random number.

Maruno
February 28th, 2009, 10:47 AM
I'm having a bit of trouble with the scripting. I'm trying to change the space between entries in a list to 38 pixels (currently 32), and it's causing a bit of trouble. I'm referring to the PokéDex here, by the way.

My designs work great for nine entries visible at once. And I've changed a bunch of "32"s into "38"s in the scripts so that they appear like in the attached picture. However, it seems the the extra 6 pixels cumulate (to about 50-something), which is enough space for one extra entry. The problem is, it's displayed outside the viewing window (denoted by the big red box) - anything outside the viewing window isn't displayed (I drew in entry number 15 myself to show where it would be if it could be seen).

When scrolling down the list, I get to the bottom visible entry, press down, the invisible entry is selected, I press down again, and the list is bumped.

What I'm saying is, I think the underlying list still thinks each entry is 32 pixels high, and therefore it decides it can fit 10 entries on-screen at once. But because I've changed how it displays the entries (+38 pixels between each entry) only 9 entries can be fit into the viewing window, with the tenth forced to sit outside below it (thus it can't be displayed). Resizing the viewing window doesn't help - there's still that one extra entry below it.

I hope I worded that well enough. Any ideas?

delyemerald2
February 28th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Well, or you should make those slots with the names smaller or you should change the whole widthxlength of the screen.

JollyRoger25
February 28th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Hey, I tried to download the Starter kit, and I can't click on the link, well I can get to the site, but I can't acess the download. Whats up???

serido
March 1st, 2009, 04:15 AM
¿Como poner el nombre del rival y que te aparezca despues en un evento?

Se que se hace con estos scripts

$game_variables[25]=
pbEnterText("Rival's name?",1,7,"Gary")
y poniendo esto en el pokemonTrainers entre la linea 14 y 16

if trainerid==PBTrainers::RIVAL && trainername=="???"
name=$game_variables[25] # Replace 25 with the variable number for the name
end

Pero no me sale algo tengo que estar haciendo mal. Supongo que sera algo de la variable o que veis vosotros

Maruno
March 1st, 2009, 06:28 AM
Well, or you should make those slots with the names smaller or you should change the whole widthxlength of the screen.
I said that if I change the length of the viewport the list is in, there is still an extra entry that goes below it. The problem is because I've added 6 pixels to the height of each entry, and I want to keep it that way if possible.

Hey, I tried to download the Starter kit, and I can't click on the link, well I can get to the site, but I can't acess the download. Whats up???
You're doing it wrong. This is the page you're looking at, right? (http://upokecenter.com/projects/pokestarter/)

PokemonOI
March 1st, 2009, 10:38 AM

^^^^Has anyone else received this error?^^^^^

serido
March 1st, 2009, 10:50 AM
How to put the name of the opponent and then you appear at an event?

It is done with these scripts

$ game_variables [25] =
pbEnterText (Opponent's name? "1.7," Gary ")
and putting it in line pokemonTrainers between 14 and 16

if == PBTrainers drifter:: RIVAL & trainername =="???"
name = $ game_variables [25] # 25 Replace with the name for the variable number
end

But do not leave me I have to be doing something wrong. I guess that will be of variable or something that you see
Edit / Delete Message

blueguy
March 1st, 2009, 04:44 PM
Just a small question: I'm switching the experience points etc. of the Pokémon summary to the first screen a la D/P. I've looked it over and over, but I don't know which part will switch over the blue experience bar. I've switched over the numbers and what have you, but I can't find the coding for the bar.

Trikeboy
March 2nd, 2009, 05:31 AM
Hi,
I am having trouble adding a trainer. I have read through notes.html and added the trainer via the editor and added a graphic in Characters called trainer083.png. I keep getting a prompt saying the trainer doesn't exist ane if I want to add it now.

Here is the entry in trainernames.txt:

83,TEAMROCKET,TEAM ROCKET,40,,,,Mixed

Here is the entry in trainers.txt:

#-------------------
TEAMROCKET
Jessie & James
EKANS,10,10,,WRAP,LEER,POISONSTING
KOFFING,10,10,,POISONGAS,TACKLE,SMOG
MEOWTH,10,10,,SCRATCH,GROWL

This is the code I am trying to use:

Comment: BATTLE: Battle me now!
Comment: Type: TEAMROCKET
Comment: Name: Jessie _James
Comment: EndSpeech: A very good battle, indeed.
Script: pbTrainerIntro(:TEAMROCKET)
Script: Kernal.pbNoticePlayer(get_character(0))
Text: Battle me now!
Script: Kernal.pbTrainerCheck: (PBTrainers::TEAMROCKET,"Jessie _James",5,0)
Script: pbTrainerEnd

Please help me with this.

Ty 101
March 2nd, 2009, 06:35 AM
I know lots of people don't know how to script.
If you learn I guarantee a high payoff.
I have basic knowledge of scripting and it has already helped me.
Learn to script!

If you edit the terrain tags in the editor do you still have to edit them in the database?
How can you delete all of a species from your party?
How can you delete the first one of a species from your party?
How can you delete the last one of a species?

I anyone can answer any of these questions it would be greatly appreciated.

The first question on the top is the most important.

Maruno
March 2nd, 2009, 09:13 AM
Just a small question: I'm switching the experience points etc. of the Pokémon summary to the first screen a la D/P. I've looked it over and over, but I don't know which part will switch over the blue experience bar. I've switched over the numbers and what have you, but I can't find the coding for the bar.
In PokemonSummary there are several defs, importantly one per page. Page 1 is handled by the def starting at line 118, and page two at line 227.

Look at the page 2 def, and find any reference to experience. It's then a simple matter of moving those lines up to the def for page 1. I've had a look, and I found the following lines:

growthrate=pokemon.growthrate
startexp=PBExperience.pbGetStartExperience(pokemon.level,growthrate)
endexp=PBExperience.pbGetStartExperience(pokemon.level+1,growthrate)

[_INTL("EXP. POINTS"),172,224,0,base,shadow],
[_INTL("NEXT LV."),172,256,0,base,shadow],

[_ISPRINTF("{1:d}",pokemon.exp),472,224,1,Color.new(0,0,0),Color.new(208,208,200)],
[_ISPRINTF("{1:d}",endexp-pokemon.exp),472,256,1,Color.new(0,0,0),Color.new(208,208,200)]

[_INTL("EXPERIENCE"),196,202,0,base,shadow],
That's 254-256 (calculates some numbers for EXP), 271-272 (displays the EXP bar using the calculated numbers) and 297 (the heading for the EXP section).

Note that the last 3 lines appear in a "textpos=[" block, so when moving them up remember to put them into their corresponding textpos blocks (order doesn't matter, they all get displayed in the end). And the picture of the box that the EXP bar sits in it part of the background picture, so you'll need to edit the summary1 and summary2 pictures in the Graphics/Pictures folder (but I assume you're editing them anyway).

I've not tried this, but I doubt it'll go wrong. As far as scripting questions go, this is one of the easier ones.

Trikeboy
March 2nd, 2009, 10:25 AM
Never mind. I tinkered a bit and got it working.

blueguy
March 2nd, 2009, 07:01 PM
I've not tried this, but I doubt it'll go wrong. As far as scripting questions go, this is one of the easier ones.

Yes, I know it's a very simple question! XD See, I'm accustomed with all the definitions etc. and how to switch around things, at least with the summary, however, I switched those lines that you talked about (because I knew they related to the experience) and the bar wasn't switched. So, I thought that I had missed something, but I guess I didn't.

Actually, the exp. bar isn't displaying in the summary any more, so I inserted the original script back to see what change I made to do this, but the exp. bar will still not display, so I'm a bit confused! Thanks for your help. I'm trying very earnestly to get better with these things, but I am absolutely clueless as to why the exp. bar is now MIA. XD

Maruno
March 3rd, 2009, 10:40 AM
Yes, I know it's a very simple question! XD See, I'm accustomed with all the definitions etc. and how to switch around things, at least with the summary, however, I switched those lines that you talked about (because I knew they related to the experience) and the bar wasn't switched. So, I thought that I had missed something, but I guess I didn't.

Actually, the exp. bar isn't displaying in the summary any more, so I inserted the original script back to see what change I made to do this, but the exp. bar will still not display, so I'm a bit confused! Thanks for your help. I'm trying very earnestly to get better with these things, but I am absolutely clueless as to why the exp. bar is now MIA. XD
I had a quick look in a fresh copy of Essentials (no modifications), and the EXP bar in the Summary doesn't show. It's a problem with Essentials, not something to do with what you've been doing.

EDIT: There's no code to draw the experience box. The only code there is a bit of calculation and ways to display the text (i.e. the numbers). The blue bar simply isn't part of it. I'm having a look at the battle scene to figure out how to insert the blue bar.

EDIT2: No, I don't know enough coding to handle pictures (or more specifically, how to create filled rectangles). Even more specifically, I don't know how to create a rectangle object (I'm sure I could resize it and fill it in once I have it, though).

pokehacker88
March 3rd, 2009, 12:20 PM
does someone know how i can change textcolors like white or red

Waudby
March 3rd, 2009, 01:38 PM
I had a quick look in a fresh copy of Essentials (no modifications), and the EXP bar in the Summary doesn't show. It's a problem with Essentials, not something to do with what you've been doing.

EDIT: There's no code to draw the experience box. The only code there is a bit of calculation and ways to display the text (i.e. the numbers). The blue bar simply isn't part of it. I'm having a look at the battle scene to figure out how to insert the blue bar.

EDIT2: No, I don't know enough coding to handle pictures (or more specifically, how to create filled rectangles). Even more specifically, I don't know how to create a rectangle object (I'm sure I could resize it and fill it in once I have it, though).

I believe you're looking for this line in the battle system:

self.bitmap.fill_rect(@spritebaseX+expGaugeX,@spritebaseY+expGaugeY,self.exp,4,PokeBattle_Scene::EXPCOLOR)

I'm not very good with RGSS but from what I can tell the base object for the rectangle is;

self.bitmap.fill_rect(x, y, w, h, colour)

I'll leave the rest down to you.

Maruno
March 3rd, 2009, 04:44 PM
I believe you're looking for this line in the battle system:

I'm not very good with RGSS but from what I can tell the base object for the rectangle is;

self.bitmap.fill_rect(x, y, w, h, colour)
I'll leave the rest down to you.
The thing is, I did find that line, and figured out what the numbers meant (that's why I said I could resize the rectangle once I had it, by making w equal the floor of a simple formula that would calculate the length - h=6 here). The problem is that when I tried to implement it, it called "bitmap" an "undefined local variable or method". The line of code you quoted there likely just defines the size/position/colour of the rectangle, but doesn't create the object in the first place. At least, that's my guess (given that the battle version has earlier references to "bitmap").

This'll just be a case of me not knowing object-oriented programming (I only know Fortran95 and IDL at the moment). I'm sure I'll get to figuring it out in time, although help would be appreciated (for no reason other than PokeBattle_ActualScene is rather cluttered, and it'd take a while to figure anything out from it).

Waudby
March 3rd, 2009, 04:51 PM
The thing is, I did find that line, and figured out what the numbers meant (that's why I said I could resize the rectangle once I had it, by making w equal the floor of a simple formula that would calculate the length - h=6 here). The problem is that when I tried to implement it, it called "bitmap" an "undefined local variable or method". The line of code you quoted there likely just defines the size/position/colour of the rectangle, but doesn't create the object in the first place. At least, that's my guess (given that the battle version has earlier references to "bitmap").

This'll just be a case of me not knowing object-oriented programming (I only know Fortran95 and IDL at the moment). I'm sure I'll get to figuring it out in time, although help would be appreciated (for no reason other than PokeBattle_ActualScene is rather cluttered, and it'd take a while to figure anything out from it).

Well I'm not an expert in Ruby, but the best way to find out what bitmap could refer to is to check what function this comes from in the Battle System and find out what is base class is, I imagine that it's some sort of standard drawing system's API. Bitmap will probably be a reference to the screen's image that is sent to the backbuffer.

However I could be wrong.

zingzags
March 3rd, 2009, 05:30 PM
Question how do u make ure own pokedex (regional) in which script and how do you make it upgrade later

JollyRoger25
March 3rd, 2009, 08:09 PM
You're doing it wrong. This is the page you're looking at, right? (http://upokecenter.com/projects/pokestarter/)
I still can't click on the download .zip file, do I need a special browser to download it???

Waudby
March 4th, 2009, 01:09 AM
Okay a small update for people looking for it. To fix blueguy's experience in the summary screen problem paste this code at line 284 for PokemonSummary;

overlay.fill_rect(336,292, (pokemon.exp-startexp)*128/(endexp-startexp), 6, Color.new(64,200,248))

that should now show a working experience bar.

NOTE: the coordinates in that code are for the standard essentials summary screen, if you have your own or are using D/P just replace them with you own coordinates;

overlay.fill_rect(x, y, (pokemon.exp-startexp)*128/(endexp-startexp), 6, Color.new(64,200,248))

Hope this helps...

Ty 101
March 4th, 2009, 01:10 PM
where does pokemon essentials store how hard it is to catch a pokemon.

Wichu
March 4th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Pokemon.txt; it's the Rareness entry. The lower the value, the harder it is to catch. It can be anywhere from 0 (impossible without Master Ball) to 255 (basically 100% catch rate, like most weak Pokémon such as Rattata).

marfil92
March 5th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Pokemon.txt; it's the Rareness entry. The lower the value, the harder it is to catch. It can be anywhere from 0 (impossible without Master Ball) to 255 (basically 100% catch rate, like most weak Pokémon such as Rattata).

And how you can do that in the first the rareness are in 0 and after that you win (for example) the pokemon's league the rareness are 40???

Minorthreat0987
March 5th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Can any one help me add the Type graphics to the move selection screen in the battle system. Like I want to make something sort of like the DP selection, but I don't know how to add the type graphics. Please help. Thank you so much!

Sincerely,
Minor

Florio
March 5th, 2009, 09:53 AM
I have a question about trainer battles.
Do the trainers just randomly select a move or do they pick out of wisdom? I'm just wondering cause it seems like its random to me.

Maruno
March 5th, 2009, 12:28 PM
I have a question about trainer battles.
Do the trainers just randomly select a move or do they pick out of wisdom? I'm just wondering cause it seems like its random to me.
PokeBattle_AI contains a basic AI for the computer trainers. While their choice of move is basically a random decision, the AI provides each of the moves with a use probability, which can depend on various things (e.g. Surf is more likely to be used if the opponent (you) is using Dive, because it'll do more damage). There are probability modifiers for most of the moves.

So it's random, but a controlled kind of random.

Absola
March 6th, 2009, 09:31 AM
does someone know how i can change textcolors like white or red

Just read the notes that goes with Pokemon Essentials. Have a look where it says "Message System".

\[XXXXYYYY] - Displays the text in the base color XXXX and shadow color YYYY. Each color is a hexadecimal 15-bit RGB color. Examples:

* \[043c3aff] - Red
* \[06644bd2] - Green
* \[65467b14] - Blue
* \[318c675a] - Gray

Or you can simply put \r for red and \b for blue text colour. There are also some event examples for this on the Test maps.

~ Absola

marfil92
March 6th, 2009, 10:28 AM
And how you can do that in the first the rareness are in 0 and after that you win (for example) the pokemon's league the rareness are 40???

Help me please!!! I need help!!

PokemonOI
March 6th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Is there a way to show an animation when the player throws a pokeball out and calls one of their pokemon out. Like when the battle starts the player throws the pokeball then just as the pokemon is released an animation is shown?

Florio
March 6th, 2009, 08:30 PM
I'm having a little bit of trouble getting fly to work...
This is what I've editted so far.

Metadata.text
[041]
# TreeSap City
Bicycle=true
MapPosition=0,28,6
Outdoor=true
ShowArea=true
[043]
# Pokemon Center
HealingSpot=41,29,13
townmap.text
Point=28,5,"TreeSap City",,029,013,,
Point=28,6,"TreeSap City",,029,013,,
yet fly still won't work... did i do something wrong?
thanks if you help

~JV~
March 7th, 2009, 04:45 AM
@Florio: You have to setup the healing spot not inside the pokemon center but right at it entrance on your town (ex: TreeSap City).

Pokemon 3000
March 7th, 2009, 05:21 AM
Hello,
first sorry for my bad english, i'm from germany und i learn this language, but it's not so good.
my question is about the ingame trade. When the trade is done, the pokemon from the event hasn't a entry in the pokedex. It's not owned by me, how can i change it?
(I hope you can understand, what i mean)

Ty 101
March 7th, 2009, 08:48 AM
How come when I use
$Trainer.party.delete_at(0)
$Trainer.party.delete_at(1)
$Trainer.party.delete_at(2)
The pokemon in the second slot of the party is still there?

Speedy G32
March 7th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Hello my name is Brian can anyone help me with how to make objects solid my character keeps going through them such as buildings Thanx for the help

blueguy
March 7th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Hello my name is Brian can anyone help me with how to make objects solid my character keeps going through them such as buildings Thanx for the help

You need to go read a tutorial about the basics of RPG Maker.

ultron90
March 7th, 2009, 02:41 PM
how do i make the pokegear use a mouse? i know the script is in pokemon animeditor but i just can't seem to make it work.... please help me

PokemonOI
March 7th, 2009, 03:03 PM

Has anyone else um gotten this error?

marfil92
March 8th, 2009, 02:46 AM

Help me please!!! I need help!!

Somebody can help me please???

blueguy
March 8th, 2009, 03:01 AM
Somebody can help me please???

Your question doesn't make any sense, so you'll have to phrase it differently. :/

marfil92
March 8th, 2009, 04:43 AM
How you can do that the league happens to you pokémon a pokémon is easier to capture?

Maruno
March 8th, 2009, 08:36 AM
How you can do that the league happens to you pokémon a pokémon is easier to capture?
That just made it worse.

Are you asking how to change rarity values of pokémon in-game? The trigger to change them doesn't matter (so ignore the part about leagues). I'm sure it's possible (it's probably something deceptively simple too, like a script in an event), but I don't know how exactly to do it.

marfil92
March 8th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Thanks. And do you know how I can have two pokedex???

Trikeboy
March 8th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Hi,
I've hit a wall. I have decided to add two items to make Eevee evolve into Leafeon and Glaceon. I have added the items into items.txt and updated the pictures for them. I then added this into pokemon.txt in Eevee's evolution tree:

Evolutions=JOLTEON,Item,THUNDERSTONE,VAPOREON,Item,WATERSTONE,FLAREON,Item,FIRESTONE,ESPEON,Happ
inessDay,,UMBREON,HappinessNight,,LEAFEON,Item,MOSSROCK,GLACEON,Item,ICEROCK

You can see I have the items set as MOSSROCK and ICEROCK. These are the internal names I put into items.txt:

99,MOSSROCK,MOSS ROCK,1,2100,"A peculiar stone that makes certain species of POKéMON evolve. It is colored green.",1,0
100,ICEROCK,ICE ROCK,1,2100,"A peculiar stone that makes certain species of POKéMON evolve. It is colored white.",1,0

When I get one of these stones and try and use it on Eevee, you are returned to the item list. Have I missed something?

Also, one other quick question. Is it possible to add a new Pokemon and not have it appear in the Pokedex?

zelder
March 9th, 2009, 03:07 AM
Hi,
I've hit a wall. I have decided to add two items to make Eevee evolve into Leafeon and Glaceon. I have added the items into items.txt and updated the pictures for them. I then added this into pokemon.txt in Eevee's evolution tree:

Evolutions=JOLTEON,Item,THUNDERSTONE,VAPOREON,Item,WATERSTONE,FLAREON,Item,FIRESTONE,ESPEON,Happ
inessDay,,UMBREON,HappinessNight,,LEAFEON,Item,MOSSROCK,GLACEON,Item,ICEROCK

You can see I have the items set as MOSSROCK and ICEROCK. These are the internal names I put into items.txt:

99,MOSSROCK,MOSS ROCK,1,2100,"A peculiar stone that makes certain species of POKéMON evolve. It is colored green.",1,0
100,ICEROCK,ICE ROCK,1,2100,"A peculiar stone that makes certain species of POKéMON evolve. It is colored white.",1,0

When I get one of these stones and try and use it on Eevee, you are returned to the item list. Have I missed something?

Also, one other quick question. Is it possible to add a new Pokemon and not have it appear in the Pokedex?

Did you add the pokemon LEAFEON and GLACEON in pokemon.txt with all the required info like basestats and moves? That is the only problem i see with what you have said.

ultron90
March 9th, 2009, 04:27 AM
how do i make the pokegear use a mouse? i know the script is in pokemon animeditor but i just can't seem to make it work.... please help me

can anyone help me with this?

Trikeboy
March 9th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Did you add the pokemon LEAFEON and GLACEON in pokemon.txt with all the required info like basestats and moves? That is the only problem i see with what you have said.
Thanks for trying to help. That wasn't the problem. I figured it out though. I forgot to add MOSSROCK and ICEROCK in the PokemonItems script. Eevee now evolves.

Does Pokestarter allow demo battles? I want to add a NPC who shows the player how to catch a pokemon like the old man in Viridian City from R/B/G/Y.

Pokemon 3000
March 9th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Hello,
first sorry for my bad english, i'm from germany und i learn this language, but it's not so good.
my question is about the ingame trade. When the trade is done, the pokemon from the event hasn't a entry in the pokedex. It's not owned by me, how can i change it?
(I hope you can understand, what i mean)
Can somebody help me with this?