PDA

View Full Version : [Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

BlazingLink
March 9th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Hey, I was wondering.

Like in Platinum, how you had the Platinum Orb, is there any way I can make an item that can change a Pokemon between normal and shiny?

Thanks in advance

Ty 101
March 10th, 2009, 12:25 PM
How come when I use
$Trainer.party.delete_at(0)
$Trainer.party.delete_at(1)
$Trainer.party.delete_at(2)
The pokemon in the second slot of the party is still there?

No one answered and I really need an answer.

Can somebody help me with this?

I would remake the in game trade by yourself.

Wichu
March 10th, 2009, 01:09 PM
No one answered and I really need an answer.

It's because it does them in order, not all at the same time. After deleting the first party member, the second one becomes the new first one, so deleting the second will actually delete the old third member. If you wanted to delete the first 3 Pokémon, use this:
3.times do
end
Hope this helps!

Ty 101
March 10th, 2009, 01:33 PM
It's because it does them in order, not all at the same time. After deleting the first party member, the second one becomes the new first one, so deleting the second will actually delete the old third member. If you wanted to delete the first 3 Pokémon, use this:
3.times do
endHope this helps!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SpawnHyuuga
March 10th, 2009, 04:27 PM
2 Problems:

1.) Can I modify the 'Chatter' script so it can ask the player if they would ike tochange it back to the default sound, he would use when going back into battle or when using the move.

2.) I made an animation for Chatter, and named it Move:CHATTER, but for whatever reason it still shows the Tackle anim, when using it. Do I have to redo my save game?

Syrex
March 10th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Thanks so much for this!

This has come very much in handy!

RMXPUser462
March 10th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Noob question here, I know it's possible but how do you change the maximum level a pokemon can grow to? Like instead of the max level being 100, maybe making it 200?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found out how, for those interested, look for PBExperience in the script editor, and go to line 67 where it says...

MAXLEVEL=100

change that 100 to the desired maximum level

Aqua Mudkip
March 10th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Aqua Mudkip: Am I late in posting this? Please read HERE (Yes click HERE) (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164158) to see how you can have ANY Pokemon Cries at the start... Am I the only one looking up at the tutorials?

Pokemon 3000
March 11th, 2009, 06:17 AM
I would remake the in game trade by yourself.
I attempt to changing the Script, but it doasn't work. I'm sorry.
I have allready another Question.
How can i edit the Pokemon Sprite Position?
I changed ''BattlerEnemyY'' and other things in the Actual_Scene script, but there's no change.
Can anyone help me?

Trikeboy
March 11th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Noob question here, I know it's possible but how do you change the maximum level a pokemon can grow to? Like instead of the max level being 100, maybe making it 200?

Go to PBExperience in the scripts and it should be on line 66 after all the red numbers.

Waudby
March 11th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Go to PBExperience in the scripts and it should be on line 66 after all the red numbers.

Be careful doing this as you will also need extra things to the experience table as well, as the kit uses a lookup table to calculate the values of the next level's experience.

Wichu
March 11th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Actually, after level 100, it automatically switches to using a formula instead of tables.

ddensu_pda
March 11th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Hello
I need help to put 2 Pokédex in my game
Anyone know how to do that? xD
Thanx anyway :)

Trikeboy
March 11th, 2009, 11:00 AM
It looks wierd actually. My level 2000 Mewtwo has these stats: HP 6250, Attack 5087, Defence 3625, S Attack 6165, S Defence 3985, Speed 4738. Wouldn't want to fight that. Also, if the stats go into four digits, the numbers will go out of the picture field.

Atomic Reactor
March 11th, 2009, 11:14 AM
then edit the position of the text. or edit the graphic.

Waudby
March 11th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Actually, after level 100, it automatically switches to using a formula instead of tables.

Ah fair enough I wasn't sure, even the official games just use a table because the time to recalculate everything on the fly seems to be to large.

Trikeboy
March 11th, 2009, 11:23 AM
then edit the position of the text. or edit the graphic.

Yeah, I knew that. It's just extra work.

marfil92
March 11th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Hello
I need help to put 2 Pokédex in my game
Anyone know how to do that? xD
Thanx anyway :)

Please anyone know it???

Help!!!!

~JV~
March 11th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Please anyone know it???

Help!!!!

what about reading the notes that come with the kit? All you need to do is to edit the pokemon.txt file on the PBS folder. It's easy to do it.

SpawnHyuuga
March 11th, 2009, 04:42 PM
2 Problems:

1.) Can I modify the 'Chatter' script so it can ask the player if they would like to change it back to the default sound, he would use when going back into battle or when using the move.

2.) I made an animation for Chatter, and named it Move:CHATTER, but for whatever reason it still shows the Tackle anim, when using it. Do I have to redo my save game?

No answers, but for whatever reason #2 is solved.

EDIT: Why is my bedroom appearing out Route 1? Let me get a pic.

I was also thinking about one of my past questions, with the animated sprites, if I made them animated in animation shop but replaced the battlers, wouldn't it just make the battler animate the entire battle?

EDIT: Picture tomorrow, but any thesises? Photobucket is being stupid. T.T

Ty 101
March 11th, 2009, 04:58 PM
I want to know how to make it always nighttime on a map.
This is for a thick forest.
I do not want to have to use flash.

Atomic Reactor
March 11th, 2009, 06:07 PM
new event > change screen color tone

delyemerald2
March 11th, 2009, 11:23 PM
I still have the same question about Triple Triad:

What are the parameters and how could you make a defined battle that if you lose the event stops and if you win you will get a certain amount added to a variable?

Novus
March 12th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Okay, I've started using this starter kit for my new game and I looked through the notes and can't seem to find how to put in the starting position when you leave Prof Oak talking and go onto the first map. Sorry if this has been asked before but I got about page 4 before I grew tired of reading posts.

Flameguru
March 12th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Okay, I've started using this starter kit for my new game and I looked through the notes and can't seem to find how to put in the starting position when you leave Prof Oak talking and go onto the first map. Sorry if this has been asked before but I got about page 4 before I grew tired of reading posts.

At the end of the Intro Event, use Transfer Player (Insert, Page 2, Very first option).

Novus
March 12th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Where do I find Intro Event and how exactly do I use Transfer Player?
Sorry, but as I said I've only just started using this.
Also, I don't understand what's in the brackets.

blueguy
March 12th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Where do I find Intro Event and how exactly do I use Transfer Player?
Sorry, but as I said I've only just started using this.
Also, I don't understand what's in the brackets.

This is one of the main problems with the people in this forum, getting way too ahead of themselves. You need to familiarize yourself with the very basics of RPG Maker XP before you go about starting threads and crap like that. If you don't understand how to transfer a player, using an event... I think you should play around in RPG Maker XP and read some tutorials.

Some of these questions are just (no offense) dumb, and have nothing to do with Pokémon Essentials, but simply complete/total inexperience with RPG Maker, which is a very straight-forward program.

SpawnHyuuga
March 12th, 2009, 04:01 PM
new event > change screen color tone

Sorry, but if you access the menu and leave it then returns to normal view.

Some details on my problem:

Details: RMXP crahed while trying to save, my bedroom was open at the time could this have something to do with it?
Also, when using the Visual Editor both maps always appear open, with the bedroom on top, could this be something?

Picture: http://whitegold.wikidot.com/glitches

Please be careful, lots of broken links right now and some pages just don't make sense. I haven't editted it much yet.

Flameguru
March 12th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Sorry, but if you access the menu and leave it then returns to normal view.

Some details on my problem:

Details: RMXP crahed while trying to save, my bedroom was open at the time could this have something to do with it?
Also, when using the Visual Editor both maps always appear open, with the bedroom on top, could this be something?

Picture: http://whitegold.wikidot.com/glitches

Please be careful, lots of broken links right now and some pages just don't make sense. I haven't editted it much yet.

Did you change the default linked maps? If not, that's why they are showing next to each other.

SpawnHyuuga
March 13th, 2009, 12:37 PM
They're not next to each other, one overlaps the other. I'll check and see if that works though.

EDIT: You're right. My bad, ehh... I just looked at he document Route 1 and "My Room" right next to each other. lright problem fixed, thank.

Novus
March 13th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Hi, I have a map which I want to go to after Prof Oak's speech at the beginning and I (I think) successfully did the transfer player command but when I go to playtest it, after I press new game, I get this:
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/3825/screenhunter01feb062308.gif
And the game shuts down. What have I done wrong?

<~F.M.P~>
March 13th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Hi, I have a map which I want to go to after Prof Oak's speech at the beginning and I (I think) successfully did the transfer player command but when I go to playtest it, after I press new game, I get this:
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/3825/screenhunter01feb062308.gif
And the game shuts down. What have I done wrong?

It says that because you don't have an autotile named Black in the autotiles folder...Try making one then putting it in there...Also...I don't believe you need an auto tile for a player transfer event.

look in the notes for info on how to make it.

Novus
March 13th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Ok, I figured out what was wrong. As Flood said it was because I didn't have the black tileset and it couldn't load without it becase it needs it for the opening speech but everything's fixed now and thanks Flood.

Darkgoalie
March 14th, 2009, 07:14 AM
This is my errolog please help
Exception: TypeError
BitmapCache:171:in `+'
BitmapCache:171:in `load_bitmap'
BitmapCache:235:in `character'
Sprite_Character:62:in `update_or'
PerspectiveTilemap:408:in `shadow_update'
Shadow:169:in `update'
PerspectiveTilemap:404:in `shadow_initialize'
Shadow:145:in `initialize'
Spriteset_Map:31:in `new'
Spriteset_Map:31:in `_animationSprite_initialize'

Ty 101
March 15th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Why doesn't this event work.

Wichu
March 15th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Firstly, you should use the extendtext.exe tool to fit the whole script into one line.
Secondly, you've got variable scope wrong. The 'results' variable can only be accessed from the script call you created it in. You'll need to use a global variable, or better yet, one of RMXP's game variables. For example, instead of using 'results', use $game_variables[1].
Thirdly, the '=' operator is for assignment. To compare two values, you need to use '=='.
Finally, a string must be quoted. Your conditional branch is looking to compare the 'results' variable with a variable named 'none', not the string 'none'. A string must always be surrounded by either single or double quotes.
So, you need to use something like
$game_variables[1]=='none'
in your conditional branch.

Pokemon 3000
March 15th, 2009, 11:30 AM
I attempt to changing the Script, but it doasn't work. I'm sorry.
I have allready another Question.
How can i edit the Pokemon Sprite Position?
I changed ''BattlerEnemyY'' and other things in the Actual_Scene script, but there's no change.
Can anyone help me?
Can't anybody help me?

Ty 101
March 16th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Firstly, you should use the extendtext.exe tool to fit the whole script into one line.
Secondly, you've got variable scope wrong. The 'results' variable can only be accessed from the script call you created it in. You'll need to use a global variable, or better yet, one of RMXP's game variables. For example, instead of using 'results', use $game_variables[1].
Thirdly, the '=' operator is for assignment. To compare two values, you need to use '=='.
Finally, a string must be quoted. Your conditional branch is looking to compare the 'results' variable with a variable named 'none', not the string 'none'. A string must always be surrounded by either single or double quotes.
So, you need to use something like
$game_variables[1]=='none'in your conditional branch.

I am still having problems.
I am assuming that $game_variables is referring to the variables list in the game.
I hope I do not sound to dumb.
Thanks for helping the first time.
Here is 2 more pictures of the updated event and the error message.
The web page was not changed.

Wichu
March 16th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Are you using the newest version of Essentials? You shouldn't be getting that error...

Pika Storm
March 16th, 2009, 01:05 PM
I have a question about altering the game mechanics, is it possible to make the maximun level a pokemon can be a level twenty. and if so, then how. I also have two more question: what is the script to make the maximum number of pokemon able to be stored in a pc box fiften, and then how do you make only one box in the pc? And my last question: what is the script to take away all the pokemon in the pc, and your team and replace it with only a few pokemon in your team?

Oh, and I remembered another question, is it possible to reduce the number of pokemon you can take around with ou from six to three?

If you are wondering why I would want to reduce everything it is because I am in the planning stages of a game that is a reduced version of all the games together, it's mostly for people just learning about pokemon

Ty 101
March 16th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Are you using the newest version of Essentials? You shouldn't be getting that error...

I just updated to the newest version of essentials and I still get the error message.

Wichu
March 16th, 2009, 02:00 PM
It works for me (although you have to use extendtext.exe and enclose the address in quotes). Check your PokemonNetwork script; there should be a pbDownloadToString method defined there.

thepsynergist
March 16th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Hi, how do you remove a certain species of Pokemon from your party. Thank you for making this awesome starter kit btw.

ultron90
March 16th, 2009, 07:34 PM
how do i make the pokegear use a mouse? i know the script is in pokemon animeditor but i just can't seem to make it work....

can someone help me with this?

sword_war444
March 17th, 2009, 05:01 AM
Hey I have a question. How can It so that when I am in the poke window it only uses the menu icon. I am planning to use a new type of icon (face set) so which part of the script do I need to change. Also could a master ball be used to catch a pokemon who cath rate is 0

venom12
March 17th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Hey someone can help me with making new menu?

Ty 101
March 17th, 2009, 12:39 PM
It works for me (although you have to use extendtext.exe and enclose the address in quotes). Check your PokemonNetwork script; there should be a pbDownloadToString method defined there.

I got it to work, well kind of. Why does the event return as the else. The web page says none. I copied and pasted the new scripts file to the game.

This caused a new problem. The game now skips the title screen and goes straight the continue or new game screen. I tried to copy and paste the old script in there but it still does not work. Other than this the game works fine.

JollyRoger25
March 17th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Okay, I have a need to create a game, but when I click on the link to the site to download the Starter kit, the download link is un-clickable. Any Ideas on how to fix this problem.

blueguy
March 17th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Okay, I have a need to create a game, but when I click on the link to the site to download the Starter kit, the download link is un-clickable. Any Ideas on how to fix this problem.

Try a different browser. There is no reason why it shouldn't be working.

thepsynergist
March 17th, 2009, 10:20 PM
I really need to know how to remove a certain of species of Pokemon from my party using a call script. Can someone please help me out here?

venom12
March 18th, 2009, 06:43 AM
Hey, i made icons to new menu in scripts and the graphics works but someone can help me to add the works commands??

Wichu
March 18th, 2009, 09:03 AM
I got it to work, well kind of. Why does the event return as the else. The web page says none. I copied and pasted the new scripts file to the game.

This caused a new problem. The game now skips the title screen and goes straight the continue or new game screen. I tried to copy and paste the old script in there but it still does not work. Other than this the game works fine.

You've probably got HTML tags which are messing it up; it will return the whole HTML code, not just the body text. You could use a regular expression to get just the body:
string=pbDownloadToString(
'http://home.comcast.net/~tandmmail/none_page.html')
string[/<body>(.*?)<\/body>/]
body=$1.gsub(/[\t\r\n\f]/,"")
$game_variables[38]=body
The first two lines download the website; the third finds the body. Finally, the fourth line removes any new-lines in the body.
An explanation: a string enclosed in forward slashes is what's called a regular expression. A regular expression can include symbols which match several characters; for example, the '.' symbol matches any character. The '*' tells it to match multiple occurrences of it, while the '?' tells it to match the least amount possible (so it doesn't also match the </body> tag). Since the string is enclosed by forward slashes, the forward slash in the tag must have a backslash in front of it; a backslash in front of a symbol tells it to treat it as a normal character (this is called escaping). The brackets allow you to group expressions; however, they also save the contents to the $1 to $9 global variables. This means that the body text is saved to $1 (since it's in the first set of brackets). Since the body text contains new-lines, which are invisible on the website, you need to delete those. Again, a regular expression is used in the gsub (global substitution) method. The square brackets match any character inside the brackets; I've put the symbols for the various new-line characters there.

Ty 101
March 18th, 2009, 01:17 PM
You've probably got HTML tags which are messing it up; it will return the whole HTML code, not just the body text. You could use a regular expression to get just the body:
$game_variables[38]=bodyThe first two lines download the website; the third finds the body. Finally, the fourth line removes any new-lines in the body.
An explanation: a string enclosed in forward slashes is what's called a regular expression. A regular expression can include symbols which match several characters; for example, the '.' symbol matches any character. The '*' tells it to match multiple occurrences of it, while the '?' tells it to match the least amount possible (so it doesn't also match the </body> tag). Since the string is enclosed by forward slashes, the forward slash in the tag must have a backslash in front of it; a backslash in front of a symbol tells it to treat it as a normal character (this is called escaping). The brackets allow you to group expressions; however, they also save the contents to the $1 to $9 global variables. This means that the body text is saved to $1 (since it's in the first set of brackets). Since the body text contains new-lines, which are invisible on the website, you need to delete those. Again, a regular expression is used in the gsub (global substitution) method. The square brackets match any character inside the brackets; I've put the symbols for the various new-line characters there.

Where do I insert my code? Do I have to? I probobly sound completely dumb right now because I am still trying to learn rgss. My knowledge of html is very, very, very small. I tryed copying the text you put in the code into my event.

I figured out that in the new version of essentials the title screen only appears in the game file. At least that is the way mine is.

Thanks for your help so far.

[email protected]
March 18th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Hey I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to add a graphic to the battle system for the four choices: Bag, Run, Fight, Pokemon. I'm just trying to spice up my games interface and it would really help if anyone could help me out. Thanks. :D

Wichu
March 19th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Where do I insert my code? Do I have to? I probobly sound completely dumb right now because I am still trying to learn rgss. My knowledge of html is very, very, very small. I tryed copying the text you put in the code into my event.

I figured out that in the new version of essentials the title screen only appears in the game file. At least that is the way mine is.

Thanks for your help so far.

Just put it in a Script... event command; it works for me. You'll have to use extendtext.exe to fit it all in, though (in your game's folder, there should be a program called extendtext.exe; run it while you have a text or script event input box open, and it will enlarge it).

Ty 101
March 19th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Just put it in a Script... event command; it works for me. You'll have to use extendtext.exe to fit it all in, though (in your game's folder, there should be a program called extendtext.exe; run it while you have a text or script event input box open, and it will enlarge it).
Does IT refer to my code or the code you posted?

Wichu
March 19th, 2009, 02:31 PM
The code I posted. It's basically your code, but with stuff added on to make it work.

Ty 101
March 19th, 2009, 03:47 PM
I copied and pasted the exact code you posted into the script box. After I used extendtext.exe. In total all the code came out to 3 lines. I have added more pictures. The event still does not work.

Wichu
March 20th, 2009, 08:45 AM
You can't delete the new lines from the posted script, because that messes it up. Basically, open a new Script... event command, use extendtext, and finally paste in the script without changing anything.

EDIT: It should look like this:
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/2140/templna.png

Ty 101
March 20th, 2009, 12:25 PM
You can't delete the new lines from the posted script, because that messes it up. Basically, open a new Script... event command, use extendtext, and finally paste in the script without changing anything.

EDIT: It should look like this:
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/2140/templna.png

I changed the variable to 39 because the variable in the event is 39.
Before I changed it nothing happened and after I changed it hte following error came up.

PokemonOI
March 20th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Can someone explain why I get this during leveling up?

Exception: NameError
PokemonItems:11:in `pbTopRightWindow'
PokeBattle_ActualScene:2451:in `pbLevelUp'
PokeBattle_Battle:2174:in `pbGainEXP'
PokeBattle_Battle:2154:in `loop'
PokeBattle_Battle:2190:in `pbGainEXP'
PokeBattle_Battle:2072:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:2072:in `pbGainEXP'
PokeBattle_Battle:2039:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:2039:in `pbGainEXP'
PokeBattle_Battler:1494:in `pbUseMove'

Is there a way to show an animation when the player throws a pokeball out and calls one of their pokemon out. Like when the battle starts the player throws the pokeball then just as the pokemon is released an animation is shown?

has anyone else gotten this error i really need help also can someone tell me what lines to edit to show a animation after the pokeball is thrown

Wichu
March 20th, 2009, 12:53 PM
I changed the variable to 39 because the variable in the event is 39.
Before I changed it nothing happened and after I changed it hte following error came up.

I think you forgot to use extendtext again after changing the variable. Try this:
if $1
$game_variables[39]=body
else
$game_variables[39]=""
end
I changed it a bit again to prevent errors. Remember to use extendtext.

Ty 101
March 20th, 2009, 01:21 PM
I think you forgot to use extendtext again after changing the variable. Try this:
if $1
$game_variables[39]=body
else
$game_variables[39]=""
endI changed it a bit again to prevent errors. Remember to use extendtext.

You were right with the first idea. The event works now. Thanks So Much!

And I want to know how to add money.

I am so happy that the event works.

Trikeboy
March 22nd, 2009, 02:51 AM
You were right with the first idea. The event works now. Thanks So Much!

And I want to know how to add money.

I am so happy that the event works.

I used this for subtracting money in an event:
script:$Trainer.money-=200

I guess changing the minus to a plus would add it.

Wichu
March 22nd, 2009, 03:28 AM
I think poccil modified the 'Change Gold' command to work with the trainer's money.

memyselforwho
March 22nd, 2009, 12:10 PM
How do I modify (or where do I modify) the amount of gold a player receives from certain trainers?

ddensu_pda
March 22nd, 2009, 01:50 PM
Hello
The ''Regional & National Pokedex'' in Starter Kit doesn't works
Anyone can help me?

yaoimutt
March 22nd, 2009, 09:20 PM
1: can someone tell me how to add a 'disclaimer' thing to the start menu. (Where it says new game, continue, options, i want there to be a fourth option that says 'disclaimer' that shows you a picture that takes up the whole screen then the pictures vanishes when you press the x again that way i can have a disclaimer image there)

2: Can someone tell me how to change the resolution of everything and how to change the possition of the graphics?

Fatboy12345236
March 22nd, 2009, 09:36 PM
I don't know if anyone esle is getting this but when I do a playtest or run game.exe the music comes way fast!
Anyone esle having this trouble if so know any ways to fix it?

RMXPUser462
March 23rd, 2009, 11:07 AM
hey i know there is a way to edit items via PBS/Items, but can anyone explain to me how to create a new type of pokeball?

yaoimutt
March 24th, 2009, 01:09 AM
ok, i figured out how to move some things around, and how to resize most things, now the only problem is i don't know how to move the battlers, or the grass things that they stand on. help please

Here's a screenshot of what i have so far:
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/9907/singleplayerbox.th.png (http://img21.imageshack.us/my.php?image=singleplayerbox.png)

Ty 101
March 24th, 2009, 01:37 PM
In what area of what script is the continue / new game screen

partyghoul2000
March 24th, 2009, 05:32 PM
hey i know there is a way to edit items via PBS/Items, but can anyone explain to me how to create a new type of pokeball?

i made a few posts regarding this awhile ago. but basically the pokeball script, i believe is in the PokeBattle_Battle or something like that. (i don't have it open at the moment.) just look at the given pokeballs, copy one of them and tweak and play around with it. have fun! :D

delyemerald2
March 24th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Two questions again:

1. Where or/and how can you edit terain tags?
2. Wich method let you add, divide or equal the varialbes IN the engine script editor?

sword_war444
March 25th, 2009, 04:13 PM
I want to change the battle screen. I want it to look like how it on the picture attachtment.
I think I have to change to change some parts in the scripts but I do not know exactly what I need to change to.

Ty 101
March 26th, 2009, 11:30 AM
In what area of what script is the continue / new game screen
Anyone know?

Two questions again:

1. Where or/and how can you edit terain tags?
2. Wich method let you add, divide or equal the varialbes IN the engine script editor?
1. This is very basic. You should read the notes. You can edit them in the edditor.
2. $game_variables[X] acesses a variable(X is the varable #) Then you can use basic ruby math.

Atomic Reactor
March 26th, 2009, 01:28 PM
What all do I need to include when i upload my game so people can play it?
The orange gear thing... what else? do i need to include like, graphics folders and stuff?
Or like, ugh, what all do i need to put in the folder?

~JV~
March 26th, 2009, 01:42 PM
first, you need to encrypt your game data (go on rmxp file>compress game data>tick encrypt game..) then just leave there the audio folder, audio.dll, rgss102e.dll (so people without rmxp can play), rubyscreen.dll (not sure about that one), rgssad (your encrypted game is there),fonts.. have a check at Uraniums folder:

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss75/JV12345_bucket/help.png

Atomic Reactor
March 26th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Hmm...
I dont seem to have the rgss102e.dll :[
you know where i can download it?

So everything you listed is what i need?
I dont need everything from the picture do i?

~JV~
March 26th, 2009, 02:29 PM
All of them are necessary I think =/, really, just send the game folder to a friend so you can know if it's working or not...

EDIT: google rgss102e.dll and youll find a download link.

Youji
March 27th, 2009, 02:37 AM
Is there an easy ways to change the games script to show the 160x160 sprites without positioning problems?

Crazyninjaguy
March 27th, 2009, 03:00 AM
Does anyone know how to find the x and y coordinates of a picture?
I'm working on a remote pokemon storage system, but can't find the ccordinates of a picture.
I've searched around on google for a while, but i can't seem to find anything.
Can anyone help?

sword_war444
March 27th, 2009, 06:26 AM
I want to change the battle screen. I want it to look like how it on the picture attachtment.
I think I have to change to change some parts in the scripts but I do not know exactly what I need to change to.
can some please help me with this.

mad.array
March 27th, 2009, 11:51 AM
@Crazyninjaguy: Is it a picture that forms part of one of the menus or is it a picture that you've put in yourself? If it's a menu picture then the best way is to look in the graphics/pictures folder for the file you're looking for, then go into the scripts menu by hitting F11 in RMXP and doing a search (CTRL + SHIFT + F) for the picture file. You'll need to find the X and Y coordinates in the code but that should be fairly simple. It may require a bit of hunting but you should come across it. Just make sure that if you want to change all instances of it that you find out if it is set in more than one section of code.

Hope this helps.

tImE
March 28th, 2009, 06:34 AM
Hi, I need help,
How do you change the color of the in-battle fonts?

(If you don't know what I mean, check the attachment)

Thank you.

Maruno
March 29th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Is there a way to refresh the item description in the Bag after you toss all of an item? The list changes, obviously, and highlights the item below the one you just tossed (which is now in the same spot), but the description and icon don't change.

Of course, once you start moving around the list, everything refreshes itself. But not everything refreshes when you haven't changed the item number but the item itself has changed.

I would mimic the way the list is updated to make the description/icon update as well, but I can't find how the list is told to update in the first place.

ultron90
March 30th, 2009, 03:55 AM
how do i make the pokegear use a mouse? i know the script is in pokemon animeditor but i just can't seem to make it work.... please help me

Crazyninjaguy
March 30th, 2009, 04:50 AM
@Lokiferne No it's one i'm putting in myself.
Sorry for the confusion lol

Wichu
March 30th, 2009, 07:43 AM
Does anyone know how to find the x and y coordinates of a picture?
I'm working on a remote pokemon storage system, but can't find the ccordinates of a picture.
I've searched around on google for a while, but i can't seem to find anything.
Can anyone help?

Is this from a Show Picture event command, or a Sprite object in a script?

~JV~
March 30th, 2009, 07:48 AM
does anyone has any idea on how to change the two column window on pokebattle_actualscene script to just one column? I already tried to set @max_columns==1 there also tried editing the window spritebase script...

sword_war444
March 30th, 2009, 02:08 PM

Crazyninjaguy
March 31st, 2009, 01:29 AM
@Wichu
A sprite object in script, the script that i'm editing/adding to, i need to find out the x and y cordinates for cursors and things

Wichu
March 31st, 2009, 07:22 AM
In that case, just use Sprite.x and Sprite.y (replacing 'Sprite' with the identifier of your object). For example, if you see '@sprites["cursor"]' being referred to, use '@sprites["cursor"].x' and '@sprites["cursor"].y' for its coordinates.

Crazyninjaguy
March 31st, 2009, 12:05 PM
Ahhh ok thanks!
Now i can get this thing looking nice :P
Thanks again!

Ty 101
March 31st, 2009, 01:08 PM
I have not gotten an answer:
What script is the new game and continue screen in.

Is it possible to call a common event from a script and if yes how?

partyghoul2000
March 31st, 2009, 06:18 PM
I have not gotten an answer:
What script is the new game and continue screen in.

Is it possible to call a common event from a script and if yes how?

it's contained in PokemonLoad, i believe. as for calling a common event, im not too sure.

ddensu_pda
March 31st, 2009, 07:45 PM
Hello
The ''Regional & National Pokedex'' in Starter Kit doesn't works
Anyone can help me?

crzyone9584
April 1st, 2009, 10:23 AM
What has the $game_party.actors[actor_id] change to in the starter kit? Is there another way to call it?

Soul.//Silver
April 2nd, 2009, 01:22 AM
Just a quick question. I have a waterfall autotile but I can't edit its terrain tag in the Debug Terrain Tag Editor cause it isn't part of any tileset. So what my question is, how do I use it as an actual waterfall if I can't edit its terrain tag? (the terrain tag for it is above 7, so I can't edit it in RPGXP)

~JV~
April 2nd, 2009, 05:35 AM
Just a quick question. I have a waterfall autotile but I can't edit its terrain tag in the Debug Terrain Tag Editor cause it isn't part of any tileset. So what my question is, how do I use it as an actual waterfall if I can't edit its terrain tag? (the terrain tag for it is above 7, so I can't edit it in RPGXP)

I have an idea that may work. set a blank tile (any) terrain tag as it was the waterfall one and on the map editor, put it on a layer above your waterfall tileset one.

ultron90
April 2nd, 2009, 05:39 AM
how do i make the pokegear use a mouse? i know the script is in pokemon animeditor but i just can't seem to make it work.... please help me can anyone help me? i'm trying to make a touch screen

Soul.//Silver
April 2nd, 2009, 02:01 PM
I have an idea that may work. set a blank tile (any) terrain tag as it was the waterfall one and on the map editor, put it on a layer above your waterfall tileset one.

Thanks, I'll try it and post back here if it doesn't work.

Lucario_XP
April 2nd, 2009, 04:55 PM
Hi, I don't know how to have the menu of this style (See my signature) , to show images in menu. Thanks!

Atomic Reactor
April 2nd, 2009, 05:29 PM
It requires scripting.

You know the screen that comes up right before the title screen?
Which script, and where in it, would i edit it to make it so it sticks around for a wee bit longer?

crzyone9584
April 2nd, 2009, 07:13 PM
Is it possible to edit the timing script. so that about 10 mintues = one day and so forth? if so what script in the package.

Trikeboy
April 3rd, 2009, 05:10 AM
I have added a Pokemon and set it as no. 494 temporarily. The Pokemon works perfectly but there is one little problem, icon494.png is the graphic for an egg on the Pokemon summary screen. I have tried looking through the scripts to find where I can alter the egg image to point to a different file name eg. icon540.png but can't find it. Does anybody know where I can alter this? BTW I do know that I can just change the file name but when I have an egg it looks like my new Pokemon.

Wichu
April 3rd, 2009, 09:09 AM
The egg shouldn't look like your new Pokémon, as it loads iconEgg.png in the Pictures folder. Just delete icon494.png, and rename your file.

RulerZero
April 3rd, 2009, 09:33 AM
o...k.....ummm good job....

Armando
April 4th, 2009, 03:56 PM
i have just 1 question....please answer...

have/had anyone translate his starterkit in german??..
i need it very much pls answer thanks.. i hope this isn't offtopic

mfg armandoo

ultron90
April 5th, 2009, 05:04 AM
how do i make the pokegear use a mouse? i know the script is in pokemon animeditor but i just can't seem to make it work.... please help me

can anyone atleast tell me which part of the script to edit?

PokemonOI
April 5th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Um...I'm having a major problem that may end my project if I dont fix it, but Its where when I edit something through the editor it doesnt save the changes. It asks me do I want to save then when I say yes it asks do you want to exit editor. So now I cant save things in the editor like trainers and connected maps.

~JV~
April 5th, 2009, 04:16 PM
did you change anything on the scripts? Things like that dont happen all of sudden also, you can still edit everything you want through the pbs notepad files.

PokemonOI
April 5th, 2009, 04:20 PM
did you change anything on the scripts? Things like that dont happen all of sudden also, you can still edit everything you want through the pbs notepad files.
Nope didnt touch the scripts and I thought I did too so. I downloaded starter kit again and still got the same problem. I can edit with towns/cities are connected through the files? dont think I can.

Atomic Reactor
April 5th, 2009, 04:28 PM
yeah you can edit them through the files..
That's how you had to do it in the earlier versions , before you did it through the visual editor.
Unfortunately, I don't know how. But it can be done.

~JV~
April 5th, 2009, 04:28 PM
yes, you can, check connections.txt for it. Perhaps your computer is infected with a virus? Sometimes some of the pc functions stop working before others. When my pc got infected the first thing that stopped working was the rgss-player so I couldn't test my game or anything =0.

crzyone9584
April 5th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Is it possible to edit the timing script. so that about 10 mintues = one day and so forth? if so what script in the package.

Wichu
April 6th, 2009, 02:27 AM

You could redefine the Time.now method. For example (add this to a new script section above Main):
def Time.now
totalsec=(Graphics.frame_count*144)/Graphics.frame_rate # Edit the 144 to change the speed of the clock.
weekday=totalsec/86400%7
hour=totalsec/3600%24
min=totalsec/60%60
sec=totalsec%60
return Time.gm(2000,1,weekday+1,hour,min,sec)
end

crzyone9584
April 6th, 2009, 07:46 AM
thanks for the help wichu. when i get home later tonight ill throw it in and see if i can not make it about 20 minutes per day. thanks agian

Wichu
April 6th, 2009, 08:07 AM
For 20 minutes per day, you'd use 72 instead of 144.

crzyone9584
April 6th, 2009, 08:21 AM
lol thanks again. now to get my event to work with the timing. ^_^ go hunger and fatigue system lol.

PokeMaster Marin
April 6th, 2009, 08:29 AM
lol thanks again. now to get my event to work with the timing. ^_^ go hunger and fatigue system lol.

So you're making the Hygene system using events? When making the common event do you go just for scripts and how do you trigger the common event because it only lets me trigger it by using a defined switch and for that I can't do the timer script because it is just too large.

crzyone9584
April 6th, 2009, 08:48 AM
So you're making the Hygene system using events? When making the common event do you go just for scripts and how do you trigger the common event because it only lets me trigger it by using a defined switch and for that I can't do the timer script because it is just too large.

I don't know anything about scripts. I'm using a common event for my hunger system. It goes by the frame rate. every x amount of frames hunger goes down by 1 or how many i set it at. The scripting will come into play when i want to add food to the poke mart that will replenish your hunger so your not hungry any more.

Ill send my common event when i get home tonight or tomorrow afternoon sometime. I just found one and edited to get it to work with the Pokemon starter kit.

Also Wichu while looking at your little script you posted. the higher the number is the faster the day goes correct?

T3h Kaiser
April 6th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Okay, n00b question time. What the heck does this mean? D:

Exception: RuntimeError
BitmapCache:195:in `load_bitmap'
Shadow:167:in `update'
Sprite_Character:6:in `perspectivetilemap_initialize'
Shadow:143:in `initialize'
BitmapCache:195:in `load_bitmap'

yarrrrrrr, everything is where it should be so I dunno why it would be giving me this error nonsense. >_<

PokemonOI
April 6th, 2009, 04:36 PM
This is startin to bug me but does someone know why i get this?

Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `nextBattleBack' for #<PokemonGlobalMetadata:0x52d8fb8>
PokeBattle_ActualScene:1382:in `pbBackdrop'
PokeBattle_ActualScene:1486:in `pbStartBattle'
PokeBattle_Battle:570:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:542:in `pbStartBattle'
PokemonField:342:in `pbWildBattle'
PokemonField:341:in `pbSceneStandby'
PokemonField:343:in `pbWildBattle'
PokemonField:340:in `pbBattleAnimation'
PokemonField:340:in `pbWildBattle'
PokemonField:646:in `pbOnStepTaken'

thepsynergist
April 6th, 2009, 06:57 PM
How do you make a pokemon evolve when it's happyness is = to 0? I want to have my eevee evolve when its sad, but what do I put in the PokeEvolutions script to have it do so?

Ozzlander
April 6th, 2009, 08:51 PM
you are aswome at what you

Kamaran
April 6th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Hey there.
I trying to make a Pokémon disappear when you talk to some guy (longer story)
And i wondered, is there any other way than the following, that will delete a certain Pokémon in the party and not a Pokémon in a certain location (x).

Here is the normal script:
$Trainer.party.delete_at(X) where X is the Pokémon's position (starting at 0).

What i am looking for i something that "looks like";
$Trainer.party.delete_at(CATERPIE) for an example.

@World
April 6th, 2009, 11:37 PM
@T3h Caiser: You are missing the character graphic labeled 11, try taking another character and name him 11, and see if it works, until U figure what character that is.
@PokemonOI: you messed with the scripts, try reverting the scipt you last edited.
@Kamaran: Read the notes.html it should be explained there

crzyone9584
April 7th, 2009, 12:01 AM
Okay, n00b question time. What the heck does this mean? D:

yarrrrrrr, everything is where it should be so I dunno why it would be giving me this error nonsense. >_<

I had the same problem when i deleted the intro when you choose a new came to jsut go directly to the map. I you edited the intro event just it back to what it was orginally and shoule work just fine.

Kamaran
April 7th, 2009, 12:28 AM
@World:
Removing a Pokémon

To remove a Pokémon from the party, use the script $Trainer.party.delete_at(X) where X is the Pokémon's position (starting at 0). For example, to remove the first Pokemon in the party, use 0 for X.

That is all what it says.

Wichu
April 7th, 2009, 12:30 AM
Hey there.
I trying to make a Pokémon disappear when you talk to some guy (longer story)
And i wondered, is there any other way than the following, that will delete a certain Pokémon in the party and not a Pokémon in a certain location (x).

Here is the normal script:
$Trainer.party.delete_at(X) where X is the Pokémon's position (starting at 0).

What i am looking for i something that "looks like";
$Trainer.party.delete_at(CATERPIE) for an example.
Try the delete_if method.
$Trainer.party.delete_if {|pkmn|pkmn.species==PBSpecies::CATERPIE}
Also Wichu while looking at your little script you posted. the higher the number is the faster the day goes correct?
Yeah, that's right. Good luck with your hunger and fatigue systems ;)

crzyone9584
April 7th, 2009, 12:33 AM
Yeah, that's right. Good luck with your hunger and fatigue systems ;)

Thanks a lot. Hope fully by this weekend ill have the updated story ready for my game. Along with a few screen shots if i have time. I don't see why i wouldn't as long as i get my final done tomorrow.

Now with yoru little Time.Now modification will it work with having all four seasons? and do to the time being sped up will the timed events still work as they a suppose to.

As if today is tuesday then bug catcher event will be available?

Kamaran
April 7th, 2009, 01:13 AM
To Wichu:

---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
(eval):3:in `pbExecuteScript'compile error
(eval):2: syntax error
{|pkmn|pkmn.species==PBSpecies::CATER
^
(eval):3: syntax error
***Full script:
$Trainer.party.delete_if
{|pkmn|pkmn.species==PBSpecies::CATER
PIE}

Interpreter:258:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1652:in `command_355'
Interpreter:496:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:190:in `update'
Interpreter:104:in `loop'
Interpreter:195:in `update'
Scene_Map:100:in `update'
Scene_Map:98:in `loop'
Scene_Map:111:in `update'
Scene_Map:67:in `main'

Wichu
April 7th, 2009, 02:08 AM
Thanks a lot. Hope fully by this weekend ill have the updated story ready for my game. Along with a few screen shots if i have time. I don't see why i wouldn't as long as i get my final done tomorrow.

Now with yoru little Time.Now modification will it work with having all four seasons? and do to the time being sped up will the timed events still work as they a suppose to.

As if today is tuesday then bug catcher event will be available?
I didn't add seasons; the season would be the current season in real life. Timed events will still work. Also, the day of the week is set to also change (i.e. a week will last 140 minutes). Here's a shorter script which makes the clock completely gameplay-time based:
def Time.now
# Edit the 144 to change the speed of the clock.
return Time.at((Graphics.frame_count*144)/Graphics.frame_rate)
end
To Wichu:

You need to use extendtext.exe to make the script fit on a single line.

Kamaran
April 7th, 2009, 02:25 AM
Alright. That worked some of the way.

Pokemon Essentials
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'uninitialized constant PBSpecies::CATER
***Full script:
$Trainer.party.delete_if{|pkmn|pkmn.species==PBSpecies::CATER
PIE}

Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'
(eval):1:in `delete_if'
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1652:in `eval'

Interpreter:279:in `pbExecuteScript'

However, when i enter the script again, it will be back to the normal size as before i extended it.

Wichu
April 7th, 2009, 02:50 AM
Alright. That worked some of the way.

Pokemon Essentials
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'uninitialized constant PBSpecies::CATER
***Full script:
$Trainer.party.delete_if{|pkmn|pkmn.species==PBSpecies::CATER
PIE}

(eval):1:in `delete_if'
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1652:in `eval'

Interpreter:279:in `pbExecuteScript'

However, when i enter the script again, it will be back to the normal size as before i extended it.

Hmm... In that case, you should probably add a line break. Try:
$Trainer.party.delete_if {|pkmn|
pkmn.species==PBSpecies::CATERPIE}

Kamaran
April 7th, 2009, 03:52 AM
That did not work either.

Pokemon Essentials
(eval):2:in `pbExecuteScript'compile error
(eval):2: syntax error
***Full script:
pkmn.species==PBSpecies::CATERPIE

It is working!

Here is the final answer on how to delete a certain pokemon no matter its location while you have it on you.

pkmn.species==PBSpecies::X}

Where X is the name of the Pokémon.

T3h Kaiser
April 7th, 2009, 03:02 PM
@T3h Caiser: You are missing the character graphic labeled 11, try taking another character and name him 11, and see if it works, until U figure what character that is.

Awesome, that worked as a temporary fix. Thanks! Now instead of Red I'm some green haired chick. Fine for now, I guess! I've always wanted to be a girl for a day. >_>

Wonder why the Red sprite just got lost like that, though... =/

Also interesting to note is that the map camera settings seem to be off; it's showing map that doesn't exist, and it's just black darkness. That's a problem!

crzyone9584
April 7th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Awesome, that worked as a temporary fix. Thanks! Now instead of Red I'm some green haired chick. Fine for now, I guess! I've always wanted to be a girl for a day. >_>

Wonder why the Red sprite just got lost like that, though... =/

Also interesting to note is that the map camera settings seem to be off; it's showing map that doesn't exist, and it's just black darkness. That's a problem!

Ill say again. Did you alter the introduction event. IF so change it back to the original the error will go away and you can delete the green haired chick. and for the map did you change the tileset or the map you wanted to go to after the intro event.

T3h Kaiser
April 7th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Ill say again. Did you alter the introduction event. IF so change it back to the original the error will go away and you can delete the green haired chick. and for the map did you change the tileset or the map you wanted to go to after the intro event.

I removed the introduction event and changed the map, yes. But why would I want to undo that? That would be a step backwards. I'm sure there's a way to fix this without undoing what I did. =/

crzyone9584
April 7th, 2009, 04:38 PM
I removed the introduction event and changed the map, yes. But why would I want to undo that? That would be a step backwards. I'm sure there's a way to fix this without undoing what I did. =/

Yes thats what im working to. i figured out that the error is caused by deleteing the intro event. so just go through and delete little by little and eventually youll find what causes the error.

Maruno
April 7th, 2009, 04:45 PM
The intro event sets two things: your gender (which affects which sprites your character uses) and your name.

You can shorten the intro event to just the gender and name select options, with none of the chatting with Prof. Oak. If not, then create an autorun event on the first map you start on, which set the player's gender and name for them (and remember to make the event switch itself off after that).

If you want the player to choose their own name/gender, but you don't want the chat with the Professor, keep the intro map as is and just get rid of the dialogue. If you don't want the player to choose their own name/gender, they can be set either by an event or in the scripts themselves.

crzyone9584
April 7th, 2009, 04:51 PM
The intro event sets two things: your gender (which affects which sprites your character uses) and your name.

You can shorten the intro event to just the gender and name select options, with none of the chatting with Prof. Oak. If not, then create an autorun event on the first map you start on, which set the player's gender and name for them (and remember to make the event switch itself off after that).

If you want the player to choose their own name/gender, but you don't want the chat with the Professor, keep the intro map as is and just get rid of the dialogue. If you don't want the player to choose their own name/gender, they can be set either by an event or in the scripts themselves.

Thanks Maruno. I knew it had something to do with he intro event. I just didn't what part.

Crosell
April 8th, 2009, 06:15 AM
I've been trying to find a helpful tutorial about this.
It's to difficult for me without some clear information how to use it.

Can someone provide me with some information, just a little bit to get me started.
At this rate it will take me ages to figure out the beginning parts...

Maruno
April 8th, 2009, 09:42 AM
I've been trying to find a helpful tutorial about this.
It's to difficult for me without some clear information how to use it.

Can someone provide me with some information, just a little bit to get me started.
At this rate it will take me ages to figure out the beginning parts...
Well, what do you want to do with it? The Notes and Advanced Notes (http://upokecenter.com/projects/pokestarter/) are good for starters. Otherwise, learn by example and/or ask here about specific issues.

Crosell
April 8th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Well, what do you want to do with it? The Notes and Advanced Notes (http://upokecenter.com/projects/pokestarter/) are good for starters. Otherwise, learn by example and/or ask here about specific issues.

Thanks, I just want to learn how it works.
So I needed something that explains how all that coding/scripting works.
You cant really understand it all by just downloading it, some things really confuse me when I read it.
But your link helps alot thanks!

thepsynergist
April 9th, 2009, 05:28 PM
can someone please tell me how i can evolve a pokemon when it's happiness variable = 0?

Maruno
April 9th, 2009, 05:46 PM
This post is written off the top of my head (which perhaps shows how eay it is, I couldn't say).

can someone please tell me how i can evolve a pokemon when it's happiness variable = 0?
Consider that there's already an evolution method programmed into Essentials for when a pokémon is really happy. What you want is to find the place it's coded in (and it's only in one spot in the scripts), see how they decide when a pokémon is happy, and then copy-paste that code into one of the available slots designated as "extra evolution methods". Change the "greater than or equals 220" to "equals 0" and you're good to go.

Then, in the PBS file pokemon.txt, where the line for the pokémon you want to evolve via hatred has its evolution method, write in "custom1" or whatever the name is of that "extra evolution method" you made above.

You could take this further, of course. The "extra evolution methods" allow for a single variable, which could easily be happiness value. You could make the extra method decide whether the happiness is "less than or equal to the variable", and then go on to create evolutions that occur when the pokémon dislikes you/really dislikes you/hates you/detests you. All using that one same extra evolution method, by changing the variable that goes into pokemon.txt alongside the evolution method name ("custom1" or whatever it is).

It's not that difficult to find and look at the evolution method scripts, even if you absolutely cannot understand them (it's a bad sign if that's true, by the way).

Oh, and remember that it'll only check to see if it can evolve after a level up, not as soon as the pokémon's happiness drops to zero. But that's good enough for everyone's purposes.

Flameguru
April 10th, 2009, 12:25 PM
I've looked through Poccil's Scripts and changed a lot regarding the resolution but I can't seem to find where I can change the enemybase and the enemy's x and y spot. I'm pretty sure it's in PokeBattle_ActualScene somewhere. It's time for some good looking Platinum sprites (not tiles though, unoriginal overused crap), and yes, this means Metallic Silver is back in progress ;)

For example:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b64/Harshboy/Metallic%20Silver/New_Res_2.pnghttp://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b64/Harshboy/Metallic%20Silver/New_Res_2_WISB.png

I'm sure everyone can see what I want (2nd image) and what I have (1st image).

Someone who has looked through the scripts more than me probably knows exactly where I need to change some code so any help would be appreciated, Thanks :)

mad.array
April 10th, 2009, 01:38 PM
@Flameguru: The Y positions are held in the PBS/pokemon.txt file, not in the scripts themselves. If you alter the values in that then that should sort out your sinking Geodude =)

Flameguru
April 10th, 2009, 02:00 PM
@Flaeguru: The Y positions are held in the PBS/pokemon.txt file, not in the scripts themselves. If you alter the values in that then that should sort out your sinking Geodude =)

The positions in the pokemon.txt file are used with some other position which is within the script itself I believe.

I believe something like "DefaultY" + BattlerEnemyY = Y is going on inside the script and all I need to do is change "DefaultY". I note this because there is a value for player side y positions also which are near the same value yet in the battle they could not possibly be the same y-coordinate.

Sure I could go through every Pokemon and change that BattlerEnemyY value but that would take forever.

I also need to move the enemybase.png position too.

mad.array
April 10th, 2009, 02:28 PM
If you look in the PokeBattle_ActualScene for the code 'factor=metrics[1][species]' (minus the quoation makrs) then you'll find the calculations for the Y position, the first entry being for a single battle, the second for a double battle. Not having much time I'm not sure where exactly you would make the changes but it's in that rough area.

The enemybase location is placed on this line (also in PokeBattle_Actualscene):

'pbAddSprite("enemybase",-256,96+@yoffset,enemybase,@viewport) # ends at (224,96)'

So just place it 500 pixels left of where you want it to end up.

~JV~
April 10th, 2009, 02:29 PM
The positions in the pokemon.txt file are used with some other position which is within the script itself I believe.

I believe something like "DefaultY" + BattlerEnemyY = Y is going on inside the script and all I need to do is change "DefaultY". I note this because there is a value for player side y positions also which are near the same value yet in the battle they could not possibly be the same y-coordinate.

Sure I could go through every Pokemon and change that BattlerEnemyY value but that would take forever.

I also need to move the enemybase.png position too.

I had a hard time figuring that out as well ;p. To change the player pokémon sprite, check around line 899 and 900 on pokebattle_actualscene (on the PokeballPlayerSendOutAnimation class). For the enemy one go to lines 711 and 712 (PokeballSendOutAnimation class). For both, just edit the spritex and spritey value, thats all =p.

Flameguru
April 10th, 2009, 02:58 PM
The enemybase is fixed but even though I changed the spritey it still doesn't move the Pokemon up. Everything should move up 64 pixels basically.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b64/Harshboy/Metallic%20Silver/WIHN.png

Lines 699 to 735:

def initialize(sprite,spritehash,pkmn,doublebattle)
@disposed=false
@pokeballopen=BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/pokeballopen.png")
@pokeballclosed=BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/pokeball.png")
@pokemonsprite=sprite
@pokemonsprite.visible=false
@pokemonsprite.color=Color.new(31*8,22*8,30*8)
@pokeballsprite=Sprite.new(sprite.viewport)
if doublebattle
@spritex=pkmn.index==1 ? 400 : 304
@spritey=pkmn.index==1 ? 96+24 : 96+24
else
@spritex=344
@spritey=186
end
@spritey+=(Graphics.height-384)
@spritehash=spritehash
@pokeballsprite.x=@spritex-8
@pokeballsprite.y=@spritey-8
@pkmn=pkmn
metrics=load_data("Data/metrics.dat")
factor=metrics[1][pkmn.species] # enemy Y
factor-=metrics[2][pkmn.species] # altitude (affects shadows)
halfY=(sprite.bitmap &&
!sprite.bitmap.disposed?) ? sprite.bitmap.height/2 : 64
@endspritey=factor*2+halfY # from center
@endspritey+=(Graphics.height-384)
@shadowY=@spritey+16 # from top
@shadowX=@spritex+32 # from left
@endspritey+=16 if !doublebattle
@endspritey+=16 if doublebattle && pkmn.index==1
@stepspritey=(@spritey-@endspritey)
@zoomstep=(1.0-STARTZOOM)/SPRITESTEPS
@pokeballsprite.bitmap=@pokeballclosed
@animdone=false
@frame=0
end

EDIT: It seems to work only for Trainer Battles and their Pokemon:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b64/Harshboy/Metallic%20Silver/NewResolutionWild.pnghttp://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b64/Harshboy/Metallic%20Silver/NewResolutionTrainer.png

Just need to find out why Wild Battles aren't changing. So close! :P

tImE
April 11th, 2009, 01:15 PM
EDIT: It seems to work only for Trainer Battles and their Pokemon:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b64/Harshboy/Metallic%20Silver/NewResolutionWild.pnghttp://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b64/Harshboy/Metallic%20Silver/NewResolutionTrainer.png

Just need to find out why Wild Battles aren't changing. So close! :P

I've gotten this far too and the reason why it doesn't work in wild battles is because in wild battles the pokemon are not sent out of pokeaballs: PokeballSendOutAnimation class
In wild battles they "scroll" in from the side, right? and because of that, I can't find a proper "deafultX".

I hope you'll figure this out as you are more experienced in spriting than me.

Good luck Flameguru!

~JV~
April 11th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Hmm that may solve your problem Flameguru:

if ((@frame/10).floor&1)==1 && @selected==1 # When choosing commands for this Pokemon
self.x=@spriteX
self.y=@spriteY+2
elsif ((@frame/5).floor&1)==1 && @selected==2 # When targeted or damaged
self.x=@spriteX
self.y=@spriteY+2
else
self.x=@spriteX
self.y=@spriteY
end

Find that around line 867. in all parts that @spritex or y appear, add or subtract the number your pixels you want, example:

if ((@frame/10).floor&1)==1 && @selected==1 # When choosing commands for this Pokemon
self.x=@spriteX+20
self.y=@spriteY+2-50
elsif ((@frame/5).floor&1)==1 && @selected==2 # When targeted or damaged
self.x=@spriteX+20
self.y=@spriteY+2-50
else
self.x=@spriteX+20
self.y=@spriteY-50
end

That one may work I'm not sure, you will also need to change if @appearing part right before it, so the starting animation look alright. Good luck buddy ;p.

Flameguru
April 11th, 2009, 03:48 PM
That code changes the position of the player status box.

EDIT: Progress made (sorta). Lines 386 to 398:

if ((@frame/9).floor&1)==1 && @selected==1 # When choosing commands for this Pokémon
self.x=@spriteX
self.y=@spriteY+2-32
self.visible=@spriteVisible
elsif @selected==2 # When targeted or damaged
self.x=@spriteX
self.y=@spriteY-32
self.visible=(@frame%10<7)
elsif
self.x=@spriteX
self.y=@spriteY-32
self.visible=@spriteVisible
end

Unfortunately, it moves the Player's Pokemon up too. Some Trial and Error will fix this.

crzyone9584
April 11th, 2009, 07:15 PM
So im adding an event which will call to delete an item. I was wondering if i would be able to delete just one if the user has multiple of the same items. so somethink like this but for deleting

$PokemonBag.pbStoreItem(
PBItems::POKeBALL, 5
)

would it work like this?

$PokemonBag.pbDeleteItem(
PBItems::POTION, 1
)

Thanks for the help

Flameguru
April 11th, 2009, 07:47 PM
would it work like this?

$PokemonBag.pbDeleteItem(
PBItems::POTION, 1
)

Yes, but why wouldn't you just try it first and then if it didn't work ask for a way to make it work?

crzyone9584
April 11th, 2009, 08:08 PM

Yes, but why wouldn't you just try it first and then if it didn't work ask for a way to make it work?

Sry. Im not all here today. I was out hiking all day for a class of mine. Thought I'd work when i had a question come up. Didnt really think. Plus i didnt see it int he notes.html so i figured it most likely would give me an error. Thanks for the help Flameguru.

ze1
April 12th, 2009, 12:41 AM
I'm trying to use the animation editor but it doesn't save anything I do, eventhough I use the save option. Why is that?

venom12
April 12th, 2009, 12:47 AM
I don't know why is that, use normal animation editor i program. Itf you will be making new animation use something like that MOVE:TACKLE

ze1
April 12th, 2009, 01:07 AM
I wanted to use the animation editor because I was expecting it to help me making animations that varies according to the pokemon's sprite, but if nobody knows why that happens... =(

ultron90
April 12th, 2009, 02:12 AM
can somebody help me? i want to make an animation before opening the pokegear. what do i have to do and what script do i have to add?

tImE
April 12th, 2009, 05:01 AM

Hey, Flameguru, How did you move the trainer sprite?
Or rather; where in Actual_scene can I find the X/Y coordinates for the trainersprites?
Also, have you solved the problem that, when you use 80x80 instead of 64x64, the sprites get cut at certain parts?
If you have, please tell how!

Thank you in advance,

//44tim44

TCKaos
April 12th, 2009, 06:17 PM
I think this might be an RMXP problem, but I'm not sure.

For some reason, RMXP cannot find the music I have set for the Wild Battle and Trainer Battle. I've selected them in the Metadata (and the music plays there), I re-selected them in the materiabase, but it still can't be found by RMXP. I then just copied the files and put them directly in the BGM folder, but to no avail.

Do you guys have any idea?

crzyone9584
April 12th, 2009, 06:53 PM
I have a few over lapping items in the lock picking system

http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss210/crzyone9584/helpplease.png

Also the 0000000 part is suppose to be under where it says Code and then shows numbers. How would i go about fixing this?

(i know the phone looking thing is huge. im going to fix that later)

this two check the video out youll see what i mean

7jtmlMOJUVM

thepsynergist
April 12th, 2009, 10:16 PM
To TCKaos
I had this prob too, just make sure the music doesn't have spaces in its name. Hope this works. Also if there are any special characters within the name, take them out.

venom12
April 12th, 2009, 11:33 PM
Hey, how i can change battle system to like that?
http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s341/mytree2003/udates/allofem.png

ultron90
April 13th, 2009, 01:36 AM
can somebody help me? i want to make an animation before opening the pokegear. what do i have to do and what script do i have to add?

TCKaos
April 13th, 2009, 03:02 AM
To TCKaos
I had this prob too, just make sure the music doesn't have spaces in its name. Hope this works. Also if there are any special characters within the name, take them out.

Alright, it works! Thanks.

Ty 101
April 13th, 2009, 05:58 AM

Do you mean like in the start menu in d/p/p where there are little animations in front of the choices?

Merovin
April 13th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Hey there.
I've been playing around with Essentials, trying to learn how it all works and such.
Must say, it's amazing.

So after a long while of figuring it all out, I decided to start work on my project, made up to the first Rival battle and I got this error come up. I'm completely stuck. Anyone got any ideas why this is happening?
Thanks in advance.

Error;

Pokemon Essentials

File PBS/metadata.txt, section 0, key PlayerA

PkMnTRAINER_Male,Red,onbike,,Red,Red,Red

Compiler:1984:in `checkEnumField'

Compiler:2009:in `csvEnumField!'

Compiler:418:in `pbGetCsvRecord'

Compiler:368:in `each'

Compiler:368:in `pbGetCsvRecord'

Compiler:682:in `pbCompileMetadata'

Compiler:655:in `pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'

Compiler:501:in `each_line'

Compiler:501:in `pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'

Compiler:498:in `open'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

ultron90
April 13th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Do you mean like in the start menu in d/p/p where there are little animations in front of the choices?
i want to make an animation of the pokegear switching on. do u know how to do that?

tImE
April 13th, 2009, 09:11 PM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b64/Harshboy/Metallic%20Silver/NewResolutionWild.pnghttp://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b64/Harshboy/Metallic%20Silver/NewResolutionTrainer.pngHey, Flameguru, How did you move the trainer sprite?
Or rather; where in Actual_scene can I find the X/Y coordinates for the trainersprites?
Also, have you solved the problem that, when you use 80x80 instead of 64x64, the sprites get cut at certain parts?
If you have, please tell how!

Thank you in advance,

//44tim44
Budew
Umbreon
Murkrow
Phione

Merovin
April 14th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Ignore my previous post, I have fixed the main part of that error.
However, this part still remains:

Pokemon Essentials

Compiler:691:in `pbCompileMetadata'

Compiler:3531:in `pbCompileAllData'

Compiler:3636

OK

Any ideas anyone? Thanks.

venom12
April 14th, 2009, 11:14 AM
You have something wrong in Metadat, maybe or other txt files you look to txt files and find error.

Merovin
April 14th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Yeah, I just can't seem to work out the error.
I'm completely stumped.

TCKaos
April 14th, 2009, 05:29 PM
I've been trying to make a rival event forever, but it's not doing anything.

I tried to create an event switched on by "Got Pokemon," that when it is touched by the player, moves a Gary event that has been activated thanks to "Got Pokemon" up to the player, and commences a battle. Everything I try has failed.

Is there some way to make an event switch to being a trainer? I tried it before, but what happened was that the trainer was always there, regardless of whether or not the switch I wanted was activated.

Much thanks ahead of time.

Trikeboy
April 15th, 2009, 01:13 AM
I managed to recreate the Ash/Gary pokemon choosing event into my game. If you are doing a traditional rival that has type advantage over your starter, you need to create 3 rivals in the code (that's what I did) and create 3 rivals in the editor. You then create the team branches in each rival.

I haven't made more that 15 posts so cant add links so here is a condensed view of what I did. This was in an event the player touches when leaving the lab:

"Condition Branch: Switch [0036:Rival Bulbasaur] == ON
Comment: Battle: Hey, lets check out our Pokemon
Comment: BattleID: 0
Comment: Type: RIVAL
Comment: Name: ????
Comment: EndSpeach: Hmph
Conditional Branch: Script: pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::RIVAL,"????",_I("Hmph."),false,0)
Branch End
Else
Branch End

Condition Branch: Switch [0037:Rival Squirtle] == ON
Comment: Name: ?????
Conditional Branch: Script: pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::RIVAL,"?????",_I("Hmph."),false,0)
Branch End
Else
Branch End

Condition Branch: Switch [0038:Rival Charmander] == ON
Comment: Name: ???
Conditional Branch: Script: pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::RIVAL,"???",_I("Hmph."),false,0)
Branch End
Else
Branch End"

As the notes.html file says I added this into the PokemonTrainers script:

" if trainerid==PBTrainers::RIVAL && trainername=="???"
name=$game_variables[25] # Replace 25 with the variable number for the name
end
if trainerid==PBTrainers::RIVAL && trainername=="????"
end
if trainerid==PBTrainers::RIVAL && trainername=="?????"
end "

The "[0036:Rival Bulbasaur]" etc are the switches that are turned on depending on which starter I have chosen.

That's alot of stuff to take in but I hope it helps.

AndreasDenAndre
April 15th, 2009, 01:31 AM
Okey, i have this VERY annoying problem!

Everything seems to be fine with my Pokèmon Essentials project, BUT, when you start new game and you have a trainer battle the battleback won't show.
You know, the guy you see from behind (which is your character) before he throws in his Pokémon.

In Graphics/Pictures he is added, it's no spaces in the filename, it's the same filename as always... anyone got any idea? I've added a screenie!

TCKaos
April 15th, 2009, 09:24 AM
I managed to recreate the Ash/Gary pokemon choosing event into my game. If you are doing a traditional rival that has type advantage over your starter, you need to create 3 rivals in the code (that's what I did) and create 3 rivals in the editor. You then create the team branches in each rival.

I haven't made more that 15 posts so cant add links so here is a condensed view of what I did. This was in an event the player touches when leaving the lab:

That's alot of stuff to take in but I hope it helps.

That's pretty cool, but not what I was looking for (although this code doesn't hurt. I was in the middle of doing this, too).

I need a way to make it so that Gary is there only after a switch is activated. For some reason the "Switch=ON" function isn't working.

I'm thinking of stowing him away on the map, and then adding a player touch event that provided I have a switch on will move the Gary event.

And then I need a way for him to walk away when defeated.

I've been trying for a few days now, but nothing works.

Trikeboy
April 15th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Oh ok. I think i see what you mean. You need two events, the rival and an activator. I have shown it below in the attached images. In this example I have created the Oak stopping you from leaving Pallet Town event. Oak is a blank event on the map and there is an event at the exit.

The picture called tutorial.png shows an example of the events on a map. Oak off.png is a blank event for Professor Oak (this would be the blue event) and oak activate.png is the code to make Oak stop you leaving Pallet (this is in the red event). You activate the character and give it a picture then does what the code says. My example makes him walk and talk, if you want it to battle you you just put the code in there. Remember to turn the red event off after the battle or you will always have a battle when you go to that event.

LaRave
April 15th, 2009, 12:03 PM
How do I get hold items such as the Focus Band to work properly? Do I have to implement them in a way similar to the method detailed in the notes for Pokémon Essentials? If so, can someone explain to me how to do this? I'm not very good with scripting...

Hardy Har Har
April 15th, 2009, 07:28 PM
I recommended adding speech frames from Platinum, because anyone might find it useful, especially when making a Platinum-based Pokémon fan game.

chaostres403
April 17th, 2009, 08:28 PM
I was wondering how you could make a partner trainer have a shiny Pokémon.
EDIT: Also, whenever I try to add the partner trainer, I get this error:
Pokémon Sol Version

(eval):4:in `pbExecuteScript'compile error
(eval):4: syntax error

***Full script:

pbAddDependency2(@event_id, "Sola",2)
pbRegisterPartner
PBTrainers::PkMnTRAINER_FEMALE,
"Sola")

OK

Hardy Har Har
April 18th, 2009, 06:35 PM
In my game, when a Pokemon uses the following moves: Double Kick, Double Hit, Fury Swipes, Barrage, Rollout, Rock Blast, or Triple Kick, an error saying "wrong number of arguments" will appear. How can this be fixed?

Panagist
April 19th, 2009, 04:45 AM
Since I couldn't find the answer already in this thread I'll ask it here(A)
I've been trying to map for my pokemon game but when I test I keep running over SOME houses. I really can't seem to find an explanation:S Now I was wondering what's making this happen. I figured layer 1 is can be walked on, layer 2 cant be walked on and you walk under layer 3 but now I'm not entirely sure about that anymore... Does it has to do with the terraintags? If so, what terrain tag should be used for: can be walked on, cant be walked on and walks under? I did erase everything with the upper left 'sprite' and tried again but still no succes...
I'm really sorry if the question/answer actually is already here but I really couldn't find it(A)
Thanks in advance!

Maruno
April 19th, 2009, 05:58 AM
Since I couldn't find the answer already in this thread I'll ask it here(A)
I've been trying to map for my pokemon game but when I test I keep running over SOME houses. I really can't seem to find an explanation:S Now I was wondering what's making this happen. I figured layer 1 is can be walked on, layer 2 cant be walked on and you walk under layer 3 but now I'm not entirely sure about that anymore... Does it has to do with the terraintags? If so, what terrain tag should be used for: can be walked on, cant be walked on and walks under? I did erase everything with the upper left 'sprite' and tried again but still no succes...
I'm really sorry if the question/answer actually is already here but I really couldn't find it(A)
Thanks in advance!
There are two aspects to tiles. The first is which layer you put them on. All this means is that one tile is drawn over another tile (e.g. a fence directly behind a house so the roof partially covers it - in this case the bottom layer would be ground, the second layer would be the fence and the third layer would be the roof). Layers are all about how the map looks, not how the tiles behave.

The second aspect is what the tiles do. You can either walk over them (ground), can't walk through them (boulders) or walk under them (house rooves). To get to the place where you change what the tiles do, press F9 and click on the "Tileset" tab.

The two buttons you need to concern yourself with (on the right) are "Passage" and "Priority". With "Passage", an X on a tile means you can't walk through it, and an O means you can. The "Passage (4 dir)" button is an advanced version of this, used for jumpable ledges. The direction an arrow points in is the direction from which you can walk onto that tile. An arrow pointing up means you can walk south onto the tile, but you can't walk north, east or west onto it. But don't worry yourself too much with it.

"Priority" indicates whether a tile is supposed to appear above or below the player. This is only used when you can walk on (under or over) a tile, and is unimportant for tiles you can't walk on at all (e.g. boulders). A dot on a tile means the player can walk over that tile, and is used for ground/grass/water. Click on a tile and you can change the dot to a star with a number next to it. This number indicates the height, if you will, of the object - the higher in the sky that tile is supposed to be, the bigger the number should be. For example, a tower. The base cannot be walked through, but you can walk behind it. The lowest part of the tower that you can walk behind should be *1, then the next highest level should be *2, and so on until you reach the top.

Note that you can put a tile with a high priority onto a lower layer, and then put a tile with a lower priority onto a higher layer. For example, making a bridge over a forest - the tops of the trees have priority *1 so you can walk behind them and are placed on the lowest/second layer, but the bridge itself has zero priority so you can walk over it, and is placed on the top layer.

Be sure to learn the difference between layers and passage/priority. The former is for making a pretty map, and the latter is explaining how the map works (you can't walk through hedges, etc.). Have a play around.

ultron90
April 19th, 2009, 07:08 AM
i want to make an animation of the pokegear switching on. do u know how to do that?

can someone help me?
please?

Maruno
April 19th, 2009, 09:00 AM
can someone help me?
please?
You have to be more specific. Do you mean a close-up view of the PokéGear appearing on the screen, and lights turning on?

Doing something like this is certainly possible with scripting (the beginning of a pokémon battle is a good example of scripted animation). You just need a lot of pictures for it, and it entirely depends on what you want it to look like and do. No one knows what your PokéGear looks like, so no one can help you.

pokehacker88
April 20th, 2009, 01:17 AM
How can I make that a event follows the player like in the fisrt script of dpp were the rival follwos the player to go to the lake of verity.??

Thanks

ultron90
April 20th, 2009, 04:58 AM
You have to be more specific. Do you mean a close-up view of the PokéGear appearing on the screen, and lights turning on?

Doing something like this is certainly possible with scripting (the beginning of a pokémon battle is a good example of scripted animation). You just need a lot of pictures for it, and it entirely depends on what you want it to look like and do. No one knows what your PokéGear looks like, so no one can help you.

that's exactly what i want to do. i just want to know what script to put and where...

venom12
April 20th, 2009, 05:03 AM
how i can call scenes using conditionals or script call?? i used $scene = Scene_PokemonPokedexScene.new
and it doesnt work

Maruno
April 20th, 2009, 06:03 AM
that's exactly what i want to do. i just want to know what script to put and where...
At a rough guess, check out PokemonMenu, line 148/149 (or thereabouts). That section only contains one command, which is to turn on the PokeGear. My guess is that you need to put a lot of scripting in that "elsif" section that will make various pictures of the PokéGear and flashing lights show up/zoom in/scroll sideways/whatever you want it to do.

For hints on how to do scrolling/appearing/animating, the start of the battle features all this, with trainers gliding around and throwing Poké Balls and all that. If you can use scripts, have a look in there and copy-paste relevant parts and teak until it does what you want it to. It will be difficult, I'd imagine, though.

ultron90
April 20th, 2009, 08:32 AM
At a rough guess, check out PokemonMenu, line 148/149 (or thereabouts). That section only contains one command, which is to turn on the PokeGear. My guess is that you need to put a lot of scripting in that "elsif" section that will make various pictures of the PokéGear and flashing lights show up/zoom in/scroll sideways/whatever you want it to do.

For hints on how to do scrolling/appearing/animating, the start of the battle features all this, with trainers gliding around and throwing Poké Balls and all that. If you can use scripts, have a look in there and copy-paste relevant parts and teak until it does what you want it to. It will be difficult, I'd imagine, though.

i'll try my best.. it's all in the process of trial and error. eventhough i'm not good with ruby , i still can understand it since i know a few about html... thank you by the way

chaostres403
April 20th, 2009, 12:55 PM
How can I make that a event follows the player like in the fisrt script of dpp were the rival follwos the player to go to the lake of verity.??

Thanks

Use the dependant event command, like this:
Kernel.pbAddDependency2(ID, "XXX", COMMONEVENT)
where ID is the event's ID number (use @event_id to refer to the current event; to find out an event's ID number, double-click on the event, and the ID will appear on the dialog box shown), "XXX" is an arbitrary name used to identify the event, and COMMONEVENT is the common event number to call when the player talks to the dependent event.

To remove a dependent event, use this script:

Kernel.pbRemoveDependency2("XXX")
where XXX is the name used in the call to "pbAddDependency2".

Amekage
April 20th, 2009, 04:53 PM
I've started a game, and so far so good, but I can't make a working bridge. I checked the example on MAP010, and copied the events from there to where I need them, but it doesn't work. The problem is that when I try to go off the bridge after walking on it, I'm stuck:

L|BBBBBBBBBB|L
L|BBBBBBBBBB|L

I think it'll sound clearer with the above diagram. When I'm on the edge of B and I want to go to L, I'm stuck instead. Do I need any switches for a proper bridge? How do I fix this problem?

chaostres403
April 20th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Hmmm . . . that's strange. I don't really know. Oh, and the error with the partner trainer fixed itself, but I'd still like to know how to make a partner trainer have a shiny.

Crazyninjaguy
April 21st, 2009, 08:39 AM
Heya, umm i have a baaad problem.
Whenever i edit pokemon.txt i get an error.
This can be even if i just open it and save it, to be honest i don't know why i get it,
but here's the error i get after i compile, after adding the item BERRY to all the scripts and to items.txt.
Hope someone can help soon, it's important :S

File PBS/pokemon.txt, section 39, key WildItemRare
BERRY

Compiler:2042:in `pbEachFileSectionEx'
Compiler:2025:in `each_line'
Compiler:2025:in `pbEachFileSectionEx'
Compiler:2063:in `pbEachFileSection'
Compiler:2264:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
Compiler:2262:in `open'
Compiler:2262:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
Compiler:3519:in `pbCompileAllData'

thepsynergist
April 21st, 2009, 02:32 PM
Heya, umm i have a baaad problem.
Whenever i edit pokemon.txt i get an error.
This can be even if i just open it and save it, to be honest i don't know why i get it,
but here's the error i get after i compile, after adding the item BERRY to all the scripts and to items.txt.
Hope someone can help soon, it's important :S

File PBS/pokemon.txt, section 39, key WildItemRare
BERRY

Compiler:2042:in `pbEachFileSectionEx'
Compiler:2025:in `each_line'
Compiler:2025:in `pbEachFileSectionEx'
Compiler:2063:in `pbEachFileSection'
Compiler:2264:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
Compiler:2262:in `open'
Compiler:2262:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Try placing an = sign inbetween WildItemRare and BERRY.

Also, can anyone link a place that has all of the pokemon attack sound effects from any of the gba pokemon games? thx

partyghoul2000
April 21st, 2009, 07:48 PM
Try placing an = sign inbetween WildItemRare and BERRY.

Also, can anyone link a place that has all of the pokemon attack sound effects from any of the gba pokemon games? thx

i haven't been able to find any link or archive that has the sfx. the best bet would be to try ripping them. :(

Crazyninjaguy
April 21st, 2009, 11:02 PM
@thepsynergist - There is an = sign between them >.<
I've honestly tried everything i can think of.

Amekage
April 22nd, 2009, 02:51 PM
Nevermind about the bridge problem. I've found a way to fix it.

Instead of making the bridge on the map, I had to make the bridge out of events, each with the bridge piece as the graphic. The event should have two pages; on the second one, I made the switch "007: Bridge" be on. Also, on the first page, "Through" and "Always on Top" are on (but they have to be off for the second page still). Finally, there has to be two event triggers, one that turns on 007: Bridge and the other to turn it off (the one that turns it on should be placed after off, after as in you walk to it after). The event triggers should be placed before you go on the bridge, but after you go under it.

And that's actually all there is to a perfectly-working bridge. Before this, I tried messing with the events on the example map, MAP010. Till now, I've spent about a week on it and never got anywhere. I'm really, REALLY glad I found something that solved my bridge problems, hope it can solve someone else's.

Panagist
April 23rd, 2009, 07:23 AM
Thanks alot Maruno, I solved it and I got to know some more about rpg maker:)
Now I've got some idea of which I'm not sure if it already exists: When you walk behind a building at places where you can't really see what's in front of you(since your character is completely 'covered' by the building), I thought maybe when you walk behind a building, the building(atleast the parts where you can walk behind) gets semi-transparant(like say 50-60%). I'm fairly sure it is possible to do this but I was wondering if I should be looking at terrain tags or an event or something. It should be something similar to still water right?(reflection)
Thanks alot again Maruno and thanks in advance!

Mafi
April 23rd, 2009, 08:13 AM
Hello, I´m making a Pokemon game with RPG Maker XP and I want to add a second screen to use it in battle like in DP and to have the Pokegear in the second screen.
Can anyone help me?

I´m spanish, so my english isn´t good.

Maruno
April 23rd, 2009, 08:37 AM
Thanks alot Maruno, I solved it and I got to know some more about rpg maker:)
Now I've got some idea of which I'm not sure if it already exists: When you walk behind a building at places where you can't really see what's in front of you(since your character is completely 'covered' by the building), I thought maybe when you walk behind a building, the building(atleast the parts where you can walk behind) gets semi-transparant(like say 50-60%). I'm fairly sure it is possible to do this but I was wondering if I should be looking at terrain tags or an event or something. It should be something similar to still water right?(reflection)
Thanks alot again Maruno and thanks in advance!
There's certainly a way to do it. Instead of putting the tops of buildings and trees in as part of the map, put them in as blank events instead. Each event gets two pages, one for "you're not behind it" and one activated by a switch.

Make one switch for each "object" (a whole building, say), and have the switch be turned on when the player steps on one of those events (i.e. behind the roof). That switch corresponds to the "you're behind it" second page of each event, which will have a picture of a semi-transparent bit of roof.

When you step out from behind the building, you want the roof to become solid again, so put a ring of blank events around the roof, which turns the switch for that building off when you step on that event.

It may not be perfect (there's a whole lot of events and switches, and the roofs won't fade to transparency unless you do something clever - they'll instantly jump to being semi-transparent instead). But still, it's a start. Perhaps, as you suggest, someone can invent a terrain tag for tiles that turn semi-transparent when you step on them (i.e. under them), and write a script that makes all connected tiles with that same terrain tag go semi-transparent at the same time.

Hello, I´m making a Pokemon game with RPG Maker XP and I want to add a second screen to use it in battle like in DP and to have the Pokegear in the second screen.
Can anyone help me?

I´m spanish, so my english isn´t good.
That would be... involved. If you wanted the lower screen to behave just like it does in DP, then that would involve a major rewrite of all the scripts.

There's no simple answer to this. If you were at a level where you could fiddle significantly with the scripts, then you wouldn't be asking this question, so very simply, my advice is... forget it. It's too complicated.

pokehacker88
April 24th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Use the dependant event command, like this:
Kernel.pbAddDependency2(ID, "XXX", COMMONEVENT)
where ID is the event's ID number (use @event_id to refer to the current event; to find out an event's ID number, double-click on the event, and the ID will appear on the dialog box shown), "XXX" is an arbitrary name used to identify the event, and COMMONEVENT is the common event number to call when the player talks to the dependent event.

To remove a dependent event, use this script:

Kernel.pbRemoveDependency2("XXX")
where XXX is the name used in the call to "pbAddDependency2".

Thanks, but I dont konw what I should write by COMMONEVENT.?
Can you explain it please

Neo-Dragon
April 24th, 2009, 11:39 AM
A lot of new users don't know what this thread is, so I changed the title. If you want me to change it to something else let me know. I want to keep the fact that it is a Starter Kit in the title if you don't mind.

chaostres403
April 24th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Thanks, but I dont konw what I should write by COMMONEVENT.?
Can you explain it please

Write the id of the common event used when you talk to the event. Go into the common events tab in the database, and make a common event for what it says whenever you talk to it, then use the number to the left of its name in the COMMONEVENT part.

mineowyn
April 25th, 2009, 12:10 AM
Hi I was wondering if someone could explain some of the terms in the Pokemon Utilities code? I understand things like def and stuff..but here are the commands I don't really understand that are highlighted in bold:

def pbChangePlayer(id)
return false if id<0||id>=4
meta=pbGetMetadata(0,MetadataPlayerA+id)
return false if !meta
$game_player.character_name=meta[1]
$game_player.character_hue=0
$PokemonGlobal.playerID=id
end

def pbGetPlayerGraphic
id=$PokemonGlobal.playerID
return "" if id<0||id>=4
return "" if !meta
return sprintf("../Characters/trainer%03d",meta[0])
end

def pbGetPlayerTrainerType
return 0 if id<0||id>=4
return 0 if !meta
return meta[0]
end

def pbGetTrainerTypeGender(trainertype)
ret=2
pbRgssOpen("Data/trainernames.dat","rb"){|f|
trainernames=Marshal.load(f)
if !trainernames[trainertype]
ret=2
else
ret=trainernames[trainertype][7]
ret=2 if !ret
end
}
return ret
end

def pbTrainerName
trname=pbEnterText("Your name?",0,10,"Ashley")
trainertype=pbGetPlayerTrainerType
gender=pbGetTrainerTypeGender(trainertype)
if trname==""
trname=getRandomNameEx(gender,nil,1)
end
$Trainer=PokeBattle_Trainer.new(trname,trainertype)
$PokemonBag=PokemonBag.new
$PokemonTemp.begunNewGame=true
endSorry if this question is irritating or anything. I read a crash course of Ruby programming language but it seems some of the terms and strings are game exclusively defined only.

Wichu
April 25th, 2009, 02:14 AM
Hi I was wondering if someone could explain some of the terms in the Pokemon Utilities code? I understand things like def and stuff..but here are the commands I don't really understand that are highlighted in bold:

def pbChangePlayer(id)
return false if id<0||id>=4
return false if !meta
$game_player.character_name=meta[1]
$game_player.character_hue=0
$PokemonGlobal.playerID=id
end

def pbGetPlayerGraphic
return "" if id<0||id>=4
return "" if !meta
return sprintf("../Characters/trainer%03d",meta[0])
end

def pbGetPlayerTrainerType
return 0 if id<0||id>=4
return 0 if !meta
return meta[0]
end

def pbGetTrainerTypeGender(trainertype)
ret=2
if !trainernames[trainertype]
ret=2
else
ret=2 if !ret
end
}
return ret
end

def pbTrainerName
trname=pbEnterText("Your name?",0,10,"Ashley")
trainertype=pbGetPlayerTrainerType
gender=pbGetTrainerTypeGender(trainertype)
if trname==""
trname=getRandomNameEx(gender,nil,1)
end
$Trainer=PokeBattle_Trainer.new(trname,trainertype)
$PokemonBag=PokemonBag.new
$PokemonTemp.begunNewGame=true
endSorry if this question is irritating or anything. I read a crash course of Ruby programming language but it seems some of the terms and strings are game exclusively defined only.

OK, here goes.
if id<0||id>=4
This means 'if id is less than 0 or id is greater than or equal to 4'.
This evaluates the pbGetMetadata method, and assigns it to the 'meta' local variable. 'MetadataPlayerA' is a constant; in this case, it's a kind of pointer to where the player information is stored. In this case, it's the second entry in the metadata file (for map 0; i.e. global). 'id' is the id number of the desired player type (given as an argument to the method), and is added to the 'pointer' to get data on a specific player ID.
!meta
This means 'not meta'; i.e. it would exit from the method if the 'meta' local variable is nil or false, which would happen if it failed to get the metadata.
$game_player and $PokemonGlobal are global variables (denoted by the $). $game_player is an instance of the Game_Player class, while $PokemonGlobal is likewise an instance of PokemonGlobal.
The sprintf method returns a formatted string. For example, the %03d parameter in the string is replaced by 'meta[0]' (the second argument), with at least 3 digits and padded by zeroes (for example, 003).
I'm not sure why you bolded the method definitions for pbGetPlayerTrainerType and pbGetTrainerTypeGender; care to clarify?
Anyway, pbRgssOpen is a method poccil wrote to be used instead of File.open. This is because File.open doesn't work with files in an RGSS encrypted archive. The first argument is the file to be opened, and the second is how it should be opened ('rb' means it should be opened in binary read mode). '{|f|' starts a block, and assigns the 'f' variable to the file opened. It's a different way to write 'f=pbRgssOpen'; however, when a block is used, the 'f' variable cannot be used outside it unless it's defined first.
Marshal.load is a Ruby method of loading an object from a file; in this case, it loads an Array object. It's the opposite of Marshal.dump.
ret=2 if !ret
This just assigns the ret variable to an element of a two-dimensional array (i.e. an array where each element is another array). If the element doesn't exist, 2 is assigned instead (in this case, 2 means genderless).
getRandomNameEx(gender,nil,1)
This calls the getRandomNameEx method. The arguments for this are (in order) gender, variable to be saved to, and capitalization state. In this case, it would be the player's gender, no variable to be saved to, and first letter capitalized only.

All these are actually available in standard Ruby; the only new classes in RGSS are the ones relating to game-only things (such as Bitmap or Sprite). May I suggest you have a look at this guide (http://www.ruby-doc.org/docs/ProgrammingRuby/)? It has a tutorial, but more importantly, contains information on every class and method in standard Ruby. The RGSS-only classes are documented in RMXP's help file.

simmykrantz
April 25th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Whenever I use the play BGM command, the route BGM overrides the BGM I set it to.
For example, the route BGM is cinnabar.mp3, I set the BGM in a specific scene to Boss04, then it almost instantly changes back to cinnabar.mp3. How do I prevent this?

ultron90
April 26th, 2009, 10:50 PM
how do i make the animation for the intro scene? like the ones with the player riding his bicycle in the real games?

darkerarceus
April 26th, 2009, 11:23 PM
how do i make the animation for the intro scene? like the ones with the player riding his bicycle in the real games?

SIGH Learn to script ruby and script it.

Hall Of Famer
April 26th, 2009, 11:42 PM
Did someone change the title of this thread?

ultron90
April 26th, 2009, 11:44 PM
SIGH Learn to script ruby and script it.
i am... it's kind of confusing... u could've just gave me something to start wth and i'll go on from there... but its okay :|

darkerarceus
April 26th, 2009, 11:52 PM
i am... it's kind of confusing... u could've just gave me something to start wth and i'll go on from there... but its okay :|

Sorry but I can't script ruby either.

Krazy_Meerkat
April 27th, 2009, 12:05 AM
Yeah I thought this thread used to be a help thread for people who are having troubles working with all the different author's code(I wonder how many people thought that when they saw "Pokemon Essentials Help Thread"), but it actually appears to be purely for the starter kit related errors, not modified code. Poccil has actually asked for these errors through pm in the 1st post:
I would like to make a request: Please report all problems and error logs to me through private messaging, rather than to this thread. It's more convenient for me that way.
The community seems to be helping each other solve these very problems in this thread though, it would be a shame to lock it.. As for who changed the name:
A lot of new users don't know what this thread is, so I changed the title. If you want me to change it to something else let me know. I want to keep the fact that it is a Starter Kit in the title if you don't mind.

lezebulon
April 27th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Hi

So I tried to edit some script and got an error for no apparent reason it seems :

Exception: TypeError
PokemonStorage:55:in `[]'
PokemonStorage:55:in `[]'
PokeBattle_Battle:81:in `pbStorePokemon'
PokeBattle_Battle:201:in `pbThrowPokeBall'
PokeBattle_Battle:1677:in `pbRegisterItem'
PokeBattle_Battle:2477:in `pbCommandPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:2436:in `loop'
PokeBattle_Battle:2491:in `pbCommandPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:2425:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:2425:in `pbCommandPhase'

The line 81 that I created was :
boxname=$PokemonStorage[storedbox].name

which is used in others scripts w/o problems

The line 55 in '[]' is from the original script :
def [](x,y=nil)
if y==nil
return (x==-1) ? $Trainer.party : @boxes[x]
else
for i in @boxes
raise _INTL("Box is a Pokémon, not a box") if i.is_a?(PokeBattle_Pokemon)
end
return (x==-1) ? $Trainer.party[y] : @boxes[x][y]
end
end
The concerned line is :
return (x==-1) ? $Trainer.party : @boxes[x]

Any idea why I got that problem ? How can I fix that ?

GEKIRED
April 29th, 2009, 04:15 AM
was there ever an update for the starter kit? (IE: GS Sprites?)

lezebulon
April 30th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Hi, me again

Do you know if there is a way to change the screen size and the number of tiles that appears around the player ? Because when I play I feel like i'm on a GBA screen, whereas we could use much more room.

Has anyone tried to do this, or should I try from scratch ?

thx

Wichu
April 30th, 2009, 09:56 AM
In the SpriteResizer script section, modify the @@width and @@height values. It will make the menus look odd, though (they'll be in a 320x240 area in the top left); you'll have to learn RGSS if you want to fix those.

Magnemite
April 30th, 2009, 01:01 PM
I was just wondering how to make a list of more than 4 choices, like in the editor.

I'm giving the player the choice of over 100 Pokémon, and I want to have them in a list.

Can anyone give me some advice?

lezebulon
May 1st, 2009, 09:17 AM
In the SpriteResizer script section, modify the @@width and @@height values. It will make the menus look odd, though (they'll be in a 320x240 area in the top left); you'll have to learn RGSS if you want to fix those.

Ok thanks ! Still, do you know if there is a quicker way to fix everything than to manually edit the .x and .y values of evrything ?

Hikari Swordsman
May 2nd, 2009, 02:40 PM
Hello, I hope somebody could help me with this.

When I test a battle in my game, the battle stat box font is originally black. ( Where it says: *Name of Pokemon**Male/Female* Lv. *Whatever level* and below that, there is the HP bar.)

I want to know how to change the font color.

Wichu
May 3rd, 2009, 02:30 AM
Ok thanks ! Still, do you know if there is a quicker way to fix everything than to manually edit the .x and .y values of evrything ?

I don't think so, unfortunately. You'll just have to go through the scripts and change everything...

partyghoul2000
May 5th, 2009, 11:15 PM
did anybody make a working love ball yet? there was a snippet for it earlier in the thread, but i believe there's something missing. anyways, here's what i have so far:
when PBItems::LOVEBALL
agender=attacker.gender
ogender=opponent.gender
rareness=(rareness*8).floor if !(agender==2||ogender==2||agender==ogender )
end
anyone help with this?

Crazyninjaguy
May 6th, 2009, 03:26 AM
I wish i could partyghoul2000, I'm still learning RGSS...

I have a question, is there any way that I can make the EXP gain animation go the other way in battle?
Like in the Gold/Silver exp animation?
I've tried everything I can think of but nothing does it...
Hope someone can help :D

Antonisme
May 6th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Hey! I am pretty new in this kind of things, so I am not sue what I am doing. Is it any tutorial for this? I have the kit and RPG Maker XP. And one more thing: Can you make a game that can be online with this? :? Please answer! :3

chaostres403
May 6th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Yes, there is a sort of tutorial for this. It's the notes.html document in the game folder.

Antonisme
May 7th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Well, I have read it, but I don't know anything what it says. I don't know what I am going to use these things with and so on. Anyone know some easier tutorial for beginers (Noobs). Please help =3

partyghoul2000
May 7th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Well, I have read it, but I don't know anything what it says. I don't know what I am going to use these things with and so on. Anyone know some easier tutorial for beginers (Noobs). Please help =3

maybe you should learn to use the program first. by the sounds of it, you could use it. search youtube for some tutorials. there should be a good amount there.

thepsynergist
May 7th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Every time I try to implement a custom evolution. I get this error...

Exception: RunTimeError
File PBS/pokemon.txt, section 5, key Evolutions

Compiler:175:in `csvPosInt!'
Compiler:2412:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
Compiler:2392:in `each'
Compiler:2392:in `pbComplePokemonData'
Compiler:2389:in `each'
Compiler:2389:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Even when I copy/Paste the original script for an already used evolution. All I want is to have a Pokemon evolve when it is night and Unhappy. here is the script i am using.

time=Time.now
return poke if pokemon.happiness>=0 && (time.hour>=20 && time.hour<6)

And in the pokemon.txt I set an evolution as "Custom1" w/out quotes. It doesn't work ... Can someone help me? I really want to use custom evolutions, but no matter how hard I try it won't work... I hope someone can answer my question...

@World
May 7th, 2009, 10:44 PM
@Hikari Swordsman and everyone who wat to know,edit Pokebattle_Actual screen script, this part
BOXTEXTBASECOLOR=Color.new(?,?,?)
BOXTEXTSHADOWCOLOR=Color.new(?,?,?)
replace the values that are replaced with ? here,( original script has rgb values of black but i edited it) wit theRGB color value of your diseried color eg
0,127,70 for dark green

MENUBASECOLOR=Color.new(?,?,?)
MENUSHADOWCOLOR=Color.new(?,?,?
If the upper doesn't get it right, sicne i done it a while ago

Antonisme
May 7th, 2009, 10:46 PM
maybe you should learn to use the program first. by the sounds of it, you could use it. search youtube for some tutorials. there should be a good amount there.
Hey, I found a really good tutorial for this, and it was from someone called Kingcool999 (I think). So, we will se how long it will take to make a game that me and my friends can enjoy.

But, I just have one question:
Can you make this into a online game?

partyghoul2000
May 8th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Hey, I found a really good tutorial for this, and it was from someone called Kingcool999 (I think). So, we will se how long it will take to make a game that me and my friends can enjoy.

But, I just have one question:
Can you make this into a online game?

if you mean like an mmo, then no. the only online part to the starter kit is trading. and last i heard it was still buggy.

Wichu
May 8th, 2009, 08:59 AM

Even when I copy/Paste the original script for an already used evolution. All I want is to have a Pokemon evolve when it is night and Unhappy. here is the script i am using.

time=Time.now

And in the pokemon.txt I set an evolution as "Custom1" w/out quotes. It doesn't work ... Can someone help me? I really want to use custom evolutions, but no matter how hard I try it won't work... I hope someone can answer my question...

You need to add a 0 after the evolution type (e.g. "Custom1,0").

lezebulon
May 8th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Hello, I was wondering : is there a project or a thread somewhere where we could download the battle animations ?
thanks !

partyghoul2000
May 8th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Hello, I was wondering : is there a project or a thread somewhere where we could download the battle animations ?
thanks !

i thought about starting a group to do the battle animations, but i never got the movitation to start one. :P anyways, i have a few animations on my 4shared (link in my sig) for download. just remember to cred me.

*EDIT*
also remember to download the animation resources so the animations look right.

Maruno
May 9th, 2009, 10:00 AM

time=Time.now

Can I also point out that the emboldened part won't work for any number that exists. The phrase checks to see if the number is both greater/equal to 20 and less than 6, and returns true if the number meets both these requirements. That's not going to happen.

You want to use the "or" function instead, which I believe is two vertical pipes (||).

EDIT: I have a question. How does the Regional Dex numbers thing work? I've tried putting the following line (or similar) into pokemon.txt in a handful of the pokémon sections, but when I go to compile I get the error below.

RegionalNumbers=19,2,0

This particular line is supposed to mean there are three regional Dexes, and the pokémon in question is number 19 in region A, number 2 in region B and is not in region C. The notes don't give much information about how to implement Regional Numbers (it doesn't give an example), but from what I can tell multiple Regional Dexes are allowed.

Pokemon Essentials
Message: Regional Pokédex number cannot be 0 (section {2}, PBS/pokemon.txt)
Compiler:2330:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
Compiler:2293:in `each'
Compiler:2293:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
Compiler:2291:in `loop'
Compiler:2362:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
Compiler:2279:in `each'
Compiler:2279:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
Compiler:2278:in `each'
Compiler:2278:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
Compiler:2264:in `pbEachFileSection'

OK
---------------------------Sine it's an optional line, I figured it didn't matter that not all of the pokémon had this line in (which would naturally take me a while to insert; I will do eventually, but at the moment I just want to test it).

Wichu
May 9th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Also, pokemon.happiness>=0 checks for whether the happiness is greater than or equal to zero; i.e. it's always true. You want pokemon.happiness==0 to check for minimum happiness.

lezebulon
May 9th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Hi !

Do you know how it's possible to have a line of tile made so that, everytime you step on them, some character does the -!- reaction, and comes to you, say something, and then get back to its places ? I was able nor to move the guy, nor to find on I can do the -!- reaction.

Thanks !

partyghoul2000
May 9th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Hi !

Do you know how it's possible to have a line of tile made so that, everytime you step on them, some character does the -!- reaction, and comes to you, say something, and then get back to its places ? I was able nor to move the guy, nor to find on I can do the -!- reaction.

Thanks !

if you're talking about a trainer battle, it's explained in the notes.html. if you're talking something like the old man in virdian city who teaches you about catching pokemon, then i believe the best way to be setup events on every one of the tiles in the line.

thepsynergist
May 9th, 2009, 08:18 PM
thanks a bunch wichu and maruno. You see, I am making a custom evolution of eevee(yea, i know, too many right?) called spectreon. Its a ghost type that evolves when its happiness is 0.( Im changing it to less than 5, more reasonable that way). BTW, thanks for your guys's help.

Meowth
May 9th, 2009, 11:02 PM
Ahh! I'm getting this error when I try to go up the stairs in my pokemon center...

Game_Character_1:172:in `screen_z'

Sprite_Character:100:in `update_or'

Spriteset_Map:27:in `new'

Spriteset_Map:27:in `_animationSprite_initialize'

Spriteset_Map:26:in `each'

OK

How do I fix it?

EDIT::::

Nevermind, I just decided to delete the top floor.

lezebulon
May 10th, 2009, 03:58 AM
if you're talking about a trainer battle, it's explained in the notes.html. if you're talking something like the old man in virdian city who teaches you about catching pokemon, then i believe the best way to be setup events on every one of the tiles in the line.

Yeah I guess I had to put events on every tile of the line. But what do I have to had to make the -!- sign appear ?

Luka S.J.
May 10th, 2009, 04:52 AM
Yeah I guess I had to put events on every tile of the line. But what do I have to had to make the -!- sign appear ?

Open the event and add "Show Animation" command. Select animation 017:EM Exclamation and afterwards add the "Wait" command to 9 frames (that's only if you want the next part to appear after the "!").

Maruno
May 10th, 2009, 05:37 AM
Actually, I had a thought and I discovered something a bit easier. You can treat your event as a trainer, but just not include the actual battling part.

That is, rename your event to "Trainer(3)" (where the 3 can be replaced by its range, presumably the entire width of a path) and use the following script:

Kernel.pbNoticePlayer(get_character(0))
This script pops up the "!" bubble and moves the event next to the player. The purpose of the name "Trainer(3)" (without a space) makes the event activate only when the player comes within that range, even if it's not a trainer.

The only downside with this is that, unless you're tricky with other events that can temporarily become blockable, or you always place these events right next to a non-passable object (e.g. house/tree/fence), you can't return the event back to exactly where it started afterwards. But I'm sure you can play around and see what you can come up with.

partyghoul2000
May 10th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Actually, I had a thought and I discovered something a bit easier. You can treat your event as a trainer, but just not include the actual battling part.

That is, rename your event to "Trainer(3)" (where the 3 can be replaced by its range, presumably the entire width of a path) and use the following script:

Kernel.pbNoticePlayer(get_character(0))
This script pops up the "!" bubble and moves the event next to the player. The purpose of the name "Trainer(3)" (without a space) makes the event activate only when the player comes within that range, even if it's not a trainer.

The only downside with this is that, unless you're tricky with other events that can temporarily become blockable, or you always place these events right next to a non-passable object (e.g. house/tree/fence), you can't return the event back to exactly where it started afterwards. But I'm sure you can play around and see what you can come up with.

wow, i can't believe i didn't think of that. kudos Maruno. :D i now have a bit of eventing to fix. :P *goes to change events*