PDA

View Full Version : [Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Pitaelitmaster
September 16th, 2009, 04:36 AM
How do you create your own switch?
Like for ex. I want to create a second badge switch so that you cant get inside a cave until you have the second badge.Like the first badge switch or the Got Pokemon switch.
Or if its even possible to create one yourself i dont know.

P.S Im using RPGXP

Birdybot
September 16th, 2009, 08:28 PM
I know a lot of people probably ask for this, but I really need the caterpillar script, the one which lets you select any Pokémon from your party to follow you around. I have overworlds of every Pokémon, so I just need the script. I'd like more than just someone pasting it, too, I'd like to know where to put it and where to put the overworlds and so on.

O.G. Duke
September 16th, 2009, 10:53 PM
@Maruno: Well, I can't figure out which part of the script control the sprite to slide out of the window. If possible, please, point it out for me. Thanks a lot!

Jefelin
September 17th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Hey guys, i´m spanish so sorry for my English.
I´m developing a Pokémon project but when better i had, it going and I get this error:

---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
Exception: NameError

PokemonMap:574:in `mapInRangeById?'

PokemonMap:847:in `setMapsInRange'

PokemonMap:842:in `each'

PokemonMap:842:in `setMapsInRange'

Resolution_:13:in `display_x='

Game_Map_:50:in `setup'

PokemonMap:643:in `setup'

Scene_Map:214:in `transfer_player'

Scene_Map:107:in `update'

Scene_Map:98:in `loop'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
Aceptar

I don´t know cause of this error, I tried to modify some scripts, but as I don´t know much about scripting it worse more.
This error appears only when I go from one map to another.
If I put this message here because I think in this community are serious and professional people who are familiar with the maker.
Please if anyone knows the origin of this problem to help me I don´t know what to do.
Thanks

Mistic Maril
September 17th, 2009, 11:31 AM
I've learned you can add and edit existing pokemon, but how do you remove a pokemon from the game? I think I should delete all the files involving that pokemon, but I may mess it up.

I think the wrong thing are the red arrows, you know, the ones that moves... the "AnimatedBitmap"
I think this is because you have no items in your bag. This happens to me all the time. get at least one item, save it, and it should fix ur problem.

Maruno
September 17th, 2009, 11:45 AM
@Maruno: Well, I can't figure out which part of the script control the sprite to slide out of the window. If possible, please, point it out for me. Thanks a lot!
PokeBattle_ActualScene, class TrainerFadeAnimation, lines 980-981 (for opponent).

PokeBattle_ActualScene, class PlayerFadeAnimation, lines 1040/1042 (for player).

Note that these also dictate what happens during a double battle. You'll want to edit several things in these classes significantly so that the trainers in double battles stand at the sides the way you want them to (presumably closer together than when they first appear in the battle, because they're being squashed off by the pokémon).

Note also that the trainer sprites are erased when they go off screen (as I thought they might be). I imagine quoting out the "if" statement beginning at line 1820 (see below) would go some way to fixing that.

if @showingplayer
@showingplayer=false
pbDisposeSprite(@sprites,"player")
pbDisposeSprite(@sprites,"partybase2")
for i in 0...6
pbDisposeSprite(@sprites,"player#{i}")
end
end

I've learned you can add and edit existing pokemon, but how do you remove a pokemon from the game? I think I should delete all the files involving that pokemon, but I may mess it up.

The PBS file pokemon.txt contains all the pokémon in the game. Delete whichever ones you want, then renumber the remaining ones so that there aren't any missing numbers, and rename/delete the corresponding sprites/icons/cries files to match. That should do it.

kamakazinazi
September 17th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Can anybody tell me if there is a way to get the game working online without having to run the NetServer.exe?

1ninjadude1701
September 18th, 2009, 01:36 PM
how do i make a script an event like have a xcript in script editro become active in a event.

Ziebart23
September 19th, 2009, 03:24 AM
Hello everyone, I am Ziebart, and I am making a Pokemon Game. I have downloaded this starter kit, but it is in 3rd Gen style. I was wondering when and if you were going to upgrade to 4th Gen, and/or the dual-screen system?

kuubara23
September 19th, 2009, 06:49 AM
um i need help with this i hav some errors and im a beginer :P...

when i test play i get to the title screne but when i try to new game all these errors come up :

Exception:NoMethodError
Audio:136:in 'Audio_bgm_play'
Audio:303:in 'bgm_pay'
Game_Sytem:37:in 'aduioBgmPlay'
Game_Sytem:58:in 'bgm_play_ex'
Game_Sytem:71:in 'bgm_play'
intrpreter:1486:in 'comand_241'
intrpreter:in 'execute_command'
intrpreter:190"in 'update'
intrpreter:104:in 'loop'
intrpreter:195:in 'update'

-----------------------------------------------------

can some one help mme pz.. i didn't do anything to the game...)';

all help is a priceated :D

taimao
September 19th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Okay, I guess cancel my request for a hint in the coding area. I finally was able make Castform change forms in battle after adding and/or changing code in PokeBattle_Battler, PokeBattle_ActualScene and PokemonUttilities. However, I am pretty sure someone else could have done better at coding. All it does is a update the sprite no fancy transition.

Fraot
September 19th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Ok guys, i didn't want to ask any more questions here but i have one more. You'll see, I'm making my own move effects and I got this error:

Pokémon Topaz Gem
Message: (eval):1:in `pbFromPBMove'uninitialized constant PokeBattle_Move::PokeBattle_Move_115

PokeBattle_Move:888:in `pbFromPBMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:204:in `eval'
PokeBattle_Battler:204:in `pbInitPokemon'
PokeBattle_Battler:396:in `pbInitialize'
PokeBattle_Battle:707:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:563:in `pbStartBattle'
PokemonField:485:in `pbWildBattle'
PokemonField:484:in `pbSceneStandby'
PokemonField:486:in `pbWildBattle'

Ok

So, this thing is telling me that I didn't initialize the constant PokeBattle_Move::PokeBattle_Move_115.
I added it to the move effects sript and also on the AI, but it still tells me that this is wrong, so how can I initialize that constant?

This move is suposed to call a Fog weather... yes ALL the Fog weather lines are already on the scripts, I have also an ability named "Foggy Sky" that allows you to call it, like Drizzle calls Rain, but I wanna call it from a move named "Fog Rise" too, and the index 115 is suposed to be the next after the 114(Charge Beam's effect).

Buffalo
September 20th, 2009, 02:40 AM
When i tried to start my pokemon game it comes up with this
Exception: NoMethodError
Audio:136:in `Audio_bgm_play'
Audio:303:in `bgm_play'
Game_System:37:in `audioBgmPlay'
Game_System:58:in `bgm_play_ex'
Game_System:71:in `bgm_play'
Interpreter:1486:in `command_241'
Interpreter:414:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:190:in `update'
Interpreter:104:in `loop'
Interpreter:195:in `update'

Please Helpppppp

Wildspark
September 20th, 2009, 09:36 AM
To Buffalo and Kuubara23: You can get the latest Pokémon Essentials starter kit working by removing the "Audio.dll" file from inside the main folder. I don't know why... And unfortunately, that doesn't get the "Editor.exe" working (At least, it's not working for me - I don't know about you guys).

Here's a little question from me, just for balance: Anybody know how to make the "Exit" option in the PokemonMenu (The menu that pops up when you press "X" when in the main game) close the game and return to the desktop? Usually I'd use $scene=nil but that doesn't seem to want to work here...

Anyhoo, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alexandre
September 20th, 2009, 10:44 AM
To Buffalo and Kuubara23: You can get the latest Pokémon Essentials starter kit working by removing the "Audio.dll" file from inside the main folder. I don't know why... And unfortunately, that doesn't get the "Editor.exe" working (At least, it's not working for me - I don't know about you guys).

Here's a little question from me, just for balance: Anybody know how to make the "Exit" option in the PokemonMenu (The menu that pops up when you press "X" when in the main game) close the game and return to the desktop? Usually I'd use $scene=nil but that doesn't seem to want to work here...

Anyhoo, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Usually having "exit" or "exit!" in your script closes Game.exe

DarkDragonn
September 20th, 2009, 11:45 AM
I have a problem, whenever I lose a battle, the game sends me to the map Test map 2 because of the switch "starting over", how can I change the location in which I appear?

I have a problem, whenever I lose a battle when testing the game, the game sends me to the map Test map 2 because of the switch "Starting Over", my question is, how to change the place in which the game teleports you when losing a battle?

(I repeat the question because I realize it was easier to understand the second one than the first one)

Wildspark
September 20th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Alexandre: Ah, works like a charm! I'm both highly grateful to you and slightly embarrassed at the ease of the solution. Thanks!

DarkDragonn: From the notes.html that Poccil provides with the game, I find this:

The point where the player goes after losing a battle depends on the last Pokémon Center visited. If no such Pokémon Center was visited, the player goes to the point defined in the metadata setting called "Home" (set it in the editor, under "Set Metadata", then "Global").

Though this approach is rarely necessary, you can also change the position within an event, by putting a Script event command consisting of the text "Kernel.pbSetPokemonCenter" within that event, which sets it to the player's current position. If you use this approach, there must be another event page on that event with an Autorun trigger and the condition "Switch '0005: Starting Over' is ON". That event page must heal all Pokémon (use the event command "Recover All: Entire Party") and set the switch '0005: Starting Over' to OFF. For an example, see the event for any Pokémon Center receptionist.
I would guess that you're being sent to Test Map 2 because you haven't yet visited a Pokémon Center. Not sure if that's true or not, but it seems to answer your difficulties.

Hope that solves your problem.

DarkDragonn
September 20th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Alexandre: Ah, works like a charm! I'm both highly grateful to you and slightly embarrassed at the ease of the solution. Thanks!

DarkDragonn: From the notes.html that Poccil provides with the game, I find this:
I would guess that you're being sent to Test Map 2 because you haven't yet visited a Pokémon Center. Not sure if that's true or not, but it seems to answer your difficulties.

Hope that solves your problem.

Thanks for the advice, it really helped

Buffalo
September 20th, 2009, 03:36 PM
[QUOTE=Wildspark;5135939]To Buffalo and Kuubara23: You can get the latest Pokémon Essentials starter kit working by removing the "Audio.dll" file from inside the main folder. I don't know why... And unfortunately, that doesn't get the "Editor.exe" working (At least, it's not working for me - I don't know about you guys).]

thanks man yeah my editor doesnt work dont know why

does anyone know how to get the editor to work for pokemon essentials it comes up with this

script ' RTPAndRegistry' line 423: syntaxerror occured

OblivionMew
September 21st, 2009, 10:08 AM
I've got the editor working!!

What you need to do is:

Copy Scripts.rxdata in the Data folder

Delete the original Scripts.rxdata

Rename EditorScripts.rxdata to Scripts.rxdata

Open up your project in RMXP

Press F11 to open the script editor

Go to RTPAndRegistry

Press CTRL+G and type in 423

At line 423 type in end

Save and exit RMXP

Rename Scripts.rxdata back to Editor.rxdata

Rename Copy of Scripts.rxdata back to Script.rxdata

And load up your Editor XD

Wildspark
September 21st, 2009, 12:15 PM
DarkDragonn: You're welcome - good luck in your project!

OblivionMew: Outstanding! Just tried your method myself, and it works perfectly! To beat the rush, I think I'll start building a shrine to you now - before everyone starts doing it and it becomes "cool" ;)

Seriously, thanks a lot. I never would have figured that out myself.

Makes you wonder if Poccil ever actually tests his stuff before releasing it, though, doesn't it? How does the fact that neither your game nor your editor actually work pass you by?

Curt200718
September 21st, 2009, 12:21 PM
Poccil is a great coder and i really wouldn't doubt his methods...

Im sure it was just typo on his part, no one is perfect.

Wildspark
September 21st, 2009, 12:56 PM
Curt200718: I'm not doubting Poccil's abilities as a coder - he's far and away the best RMXP scripter I've seen yet. I am confused by his utter lack of basic testing, though - the first thing you do before putting your work online is to make sure that your basic program at least starts up okay. It's an extremely rookie mistake and it surprised me to see it in someone so obviously good at what he does.

Incidentally, I've hit another problem with this latest release; whenever you catch a wild Pokémon the game crashes out with the following error:

Message: undefined method `rect' for #<AnimatedBitmap:0x4006f20>
PokemonPokedex:568:in `pbChangeToDexEntry'
PokemonPokedex:588:in `pbStartDexEntryScene'
PokemonPokedex:867:in `pbDexEntry'
PokeBattle_ActualScene:2328:in `pbShowPokedex'
PokeBattle_ActualScene:2325:in `pbFadeOutIn'
PokeBattle_ActualScene:2325:in `pbShowPokedex'
PokeBattle_Battle:163:in `pbThrowPokeBall'
PokeBattle_Battle:1640:in `pbRegisterItem'
PokeBattle_Battle:2440:in `pbCommandPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:2399:in `loop'OblivionMew, I believe this is your department. ;)

Edit: Apparently, if you go into the Scripts database, go to "PokemonPokedex", and replace line 564

pkmnbitmap=AnimatedBitmap.new(pbPokemonBitmapFile(species,false))with this, from my old (fully-functioning) version:

pkmnbitmap=BitmapCache.load_bitmap(pbPokemonBitmapFile(species,false))Then the Pokedex works fine. But I'm not happy with having to replace the "AnimatedBitmap" thing, since it sounds cool :P So if anyone can devise a better solution - one that doesn't involve downgrading, like mine - then I'd be very happy to know about it.

Alexandre
September 21st, 2009, 08:42 PM
Hehe, I see what Ol' Poccil is up to. He's attempting to do animated pokemon. I think he put that there on purpose, whether it works or not, for the future.

The Smell
September 21st, 2009, 11:49 PM
Weird, I don't have the "RTPandRegistry" section in the scripts. Any help?

Rassalon
September 22nd, 2009, 08:17 AM
In the box you can release pokemon.
But what i want is that on the pokemon party screen when you select a pokemon and brings up that little one that says: Summary,<HM Moves>, Switch, Close. You Know what i mean?
Is it possible so that it can be changed to Summary, <HM Moves>, Release, Switch, Close. But Release litterally releases the pokemon like the box. Possible?

Fraot
September 22nd, 2009, 09:07 AM
So is it impossible to initialize that thing I wrote about?

O.G. Duke
September 22nd, 2009, 04:38 PM
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r266/OmegaGroudon/Bug.png
See, my battle sprite automatically cut off once I attack with my Pokemon. Any idea on how to fix it?

RMXPUser462
September 22nd, 2009, 05:58 PM
so quick question...

I want to create a new type of pokeball, so I go to the PBS/items and add a pokeball, give it the right properties, etc. so I go in game and I use it. It works fine, but that's not what I want to know. What I want to know is where I go to edit like it's catch rate or something of that sort. Any help appreciated :)

thepsynergist
September 22nd, 2009, 06:01 PM
@Omega Groudon: Make sure the sprite size is 128 x 128.

Also, I have 2 questions.

1.) How do you make it so that when you stand on a tile of ice, it cracks, then when you stand on it a second time, it teleports you to another room. I know how to create a teleport event when you stand on a tile, but I want to make one that only works after you step on a cracked ice tile. How would you go about doing that?

2.) How can you store all of the pokemon that you have in your party to a variable (a.k.a bug catching contest) so that you have no pokemon in your party, and you can call them back by using another script command or something. I want to have my character go into the past, and have no pokemon in his party that he had in the future, just so you can get the right idea. Maybe Maruno or OblivionMew can help me with this...?

Fraot
September 22nd, 2009, 06:55 PM
1.) How do you make it so that when you stand on a tile of ice, it cracks, then when you stand on it a second time, it teleports you to another room. I know how to create a teleport event when you stand on a tile, but I want to make one that only works after you step on a cracked ice tile. How would you go about doing that?

I'm not very sure but you can try going to the "PokemonField" script and then do your 'magics'. Or press Ctrl+F to search in all sections: "tag" or something related, then you can make your own terrain tags. Sorry if I don't help too much.

thepsynergist
September 22nd, 2009, 07:26 PM
I'm not very sure but you can try going to the "PokemonField" script and then do your 'magics'. Or press Ctrl+F to search in all sections: "tag" or something related, then you can make your own terrain tags. Sorry if I don't help too much.

I don't see how a terrian tag will help me with this...I want to make an event, and I can't set a terrain tag as a condition on a conditional branch. Maybe through script, but I don't know how I can change a terrian tag on the fly...

The Smell
September 22nd, 2009, 08:42 PM
I don't see how a terrian tag will help me with this...I want to make an event, and I can't set a terrain tag as a condition on a conditional branch. Maybe through script, but I don't know how I can change a terrian tag on the fly...

Try making a self switch, so that when you stand on it once, Self Switch A = ON, and then when you next step on it, make the new Event page have Self Switch A as the switch, and make it teleport. I can post screenies if you want help.

thepsynergist
September 22nd, 2009, 08:48 PM
The prob is, when I use it like that, they both activate at once. Because, I "continue" to step on it. I want it to let me step, step off, step on to activate the teleport.

O.G. Duke
September 22nd, 2009, 10:10 PM
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r266/OmegaGroudon/Bug.png
See, my battle sprite automatically cut off once I attack with my Pokemon. Any idea on how to fix it?

Well, I've inserted 160x160 Platinum sprite. And I want to make compatible with those sprite. Any idea?

thepsynergist
September 22nd, 2009, 11:00 PM
Well, I've inserted 160x160 Platinum sprite. And I want to make compatible with those sprite. Any idea?

I said, to change the sprite size to 128x128.

Wichu
September 23rd, 2009, 05:01 AM

I'm pretty sure I already fixed that bug... I hope you didn't delete my script fixes >:(

Wildspark
September 23rd, 2009, 07:04 AM
Psynergist: In regards to this question:

1.) How do you make it so that when you stand on a tile of ice, it cracks, then when you stand on it a second time, it teleports you to another room. I know how to create a teleport event when you stand on a tile, but I want to make one that only works after you step on a cracked ice tile. How would you go about doing that?The Smell is right - create an event with the graphic you want (standard ice) and set it to "Player Touch". Inside the command list, put "Control Self Switch A = ON". Then create a new event page, set the graphic to cracked ice, activate the "Conditions -> Self Switch A is ON", set it to "Player Touch" and put the "Transfer Player" command in the command list. I just did it myself right now and it works perfectly.

A question of my own, now... I've got everything in the latest Pokémon Essentials release (Sept. 13) working, EXCEPT that when my Pokémon evolve it gets to the end of the evolving-whirling-graphics and then freezes. After a minute it says that the script is taking too long, saves my game, and crashes to the desktop.

I can only assume it has something to do with metaplayer1 and metaplayer2, but I'm not sure how to fix the problem. And my usual trick of substituting the new code with old, stable code, doesn't seem to be working. Any thoughts?

Luka S.J.
September 23rd, 2009, 09:41 AM
Long since I've last posted here...anyways...I've been trying to solve this for about 2 days now, and I'm just going insane. Now I'm driving myself crazy and can't find even a trace of the script I could edit to fix my problem.
Now onto my problem. I've recently changed my game resolution to full dual screen NDS resolution (which is 512x784). Now whenever i try to start a battle, the black that moves away for the appearence of the battle keeps going away but stops at a certain point. The image below, I hope will show more details about my problem.
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/7479/capture003h.png
And that's it. The black just stops and doesnt go away.

Fraot
September 23rd, 2009, 09:53 AM

Are you serious? I mean, for some reason, RMXP lags too much or it's simply badly optimized, so if you make an event for every ice tile like the other guy said... the game will lag too much, i mean TOO MUCH.

@Luka
It seems to be the viewport of the battle... which lines did you edited on the Pokebattle_ActualScene? I had the same problem when trying to make my battle system.

Luka S.J.
September 23rd, 2009, 09:58 AM
Meh....I edited too many to count. But that's not the case. It's something with the new resolution and screen size that blocks fully battle entry.

thepsynergist
September 23rd, 2009, 10:01 AM
Are you serious? I mean, for some reason, RMXP lags too much or it's simply badly optimized, so if you make an event for every ice tile like the other guy said... the game will lag too much, i mean TOO MUCH.

There is only one event running as a parallel process to prevent lag. It checks the X and Y values of the tile the player is standing on. So lag won't be an issue.

But I hope that my 2nd question will be answered, as it is more imperative than the 1st.
http://www.qtl.co.il/img/copy.pnghttp://www.google.com/favicon.ico (http://www.google.com/search?q=%0D%0A%0D%0A@Luka%0D%0AIt%20seems%20to%20be%20the%20viewport%20of%20the%20battle...%20which%20lines%20did%20you%20edited%20on%20the%20Pokebattle_ActualScene?%20I%20had%20the%20same%20problem%20when%20trying%20to%20make%20my%20battle%20system.)http://www.babylon.com/favicon.ico

blackspike
September 23rd, 2009, 12:43 PM
hey,
l wanted to try out the starter kid and l downloaded the latest version.
well, l cant start the editor it says: Script 'RtpAndRegistry' line 423: SyntaxError

Can someone give me an older version, or tell me how to fix it?

Thanks.

thepsynergist
September 23rd, 2009, 04:28 PM
hey,
l wanted to try out the starter kid and l downloaded the latest version.
well, l cant start the editor it says: Script 'RtpAndRegistry' line 423: SyntaxError

Can someone give me an older version, or tell me how to fix it?

Thanks.

I believe that you can fix this by opening your script editor within RPG Maker and going to the RtpAndRegistry tab and going to line 423, and adding the word, "end", without quotes. That might fix it.

Fraot
September 23rd, 2009, 05:46 PM
Meh....I edited too many to count. But that's not the case. It's something with the new resolution and screen size that blocks fully battle entry.

I have no idea, but I can give you my script, it's based on your new resolution, which is 512x384 not 784 lol; whatever, if you want it, PM me then. I'm not having that problem anymore, so... I don't think you have too many different lines from mine. If you want my script, you can compare both.

Ziebart23
September 23rd, 2009, 06:35 PM
Interpreter:1486:in `command'

All I did was remove the part that says to refer to the clipboard, and this appeared, can someone help? I plan on using this permanently, but the music is messing it up...

Short Range
September 23rd, 2009, 08:29 PM

All I did was remove the part that says to refer to the clipboard, and this appeared, can someone help? I plan on using this permanently, but the music is messing it up...

I'm having this problem too, but only with the latest version. Has something been changed?
On a side note, thank you to whoever is working on this now. It's been a while since I've checked this project out so I'm not sure if Poccil is still working on it. If so, how's your education funding going? I hope it's all well. :laugh:

thepsynergist
September 23rd, 2009, 09:29 PM
Can someone help me figure out how to temporarily remove all of the pokemon in my party and store them in a variable and call them back with a script command plz? I really need to know how to do this...plz help me.

blackspike
September 24th, 2009, 02:02 AM

delete the audio.dll :)

I believe that you can fix this by opening your script editor within RPG Maker and going to the RtpAndRegistry tab and going to line 423, and adding the word, "end", without quotes. That might fix it.

umm, l dunno how to/cant open the editor.exe. And in the Game.exe it isnt.

The Smell
September 24th, 2009, 03:02 AM
OK, which trback graphic is the one that is used ingame? :o

And can I change the size of each graphic? I need the backsprite of the trainer to be bigger.

Ziebart23
September 24th, 2009, 03:11 AM
delete the audio.dll :)

Like I said, I am new to this, and I do not know what the audio.dll is...

blackspike
September 24th, 2009, 03:23 AM
Like I said, I am new to this, and I do not know what the audio.dll is...

you can find it inside of your game folder.

lx_theo
September 24th, 2009, 03:39 AM
OK, which trback graphic is the one that is used ingame? :o

And can I change the size of each graphic? I need the backsprite of the trainer to be bigger.

The ones with the numbers in the name that correspond with the trainer type used for that player character are the ones used.

As for different size, its a matter of just changing the size of the file and possibly editting the script.

Vaskituh
September 24th, 2009, 04:14 AM
Could someone help me, i basically want the Pokemon that is number one on the Trainers Party to follow the Trainer (Using the Rips from HGSS for the Pokemons) ?

The Smell
September 24th, 2009, 04:47 AM
Could someone help me, i basically want the Pokemon that is number one on the Trainers Party to follow the Trainer (Using the Rips from HGSS for the Pokemons) ?

That is extremely difficult, no-one has done it yet. You will either have to script it yourself, or wait for others to release a script that they complete.

Wichu
September 24th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Long since I've last posted here...anyways...I've been trying to solve this for about 2 days now, and I'm just going insane. Now I'm driving myself crazy and can't find even a trace of the script I could edit to fix my problem.
Now onto my problem. I've recently changed my game resolution to full dual screen NDS resolution (which is 512x784). Now whenever i try to start a battle, the black that moves away for the appearence of the battle keeps going away but stops at a certain point. The image below, I hope will show more details about my problem.
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/7479/capture003h.png
And that's it. The black just stops and doesnt go away.

The viewport's height only increases while the enemy base is scrolling to the right. Since you doubled the screen height, you'll want to double the speed at which the viewport's height increases. Try finding and changing these lines in PokeBattle_ActualScene:

if @viewport.rect.y>Graphics.height/4
@viewport.rect.y-=2
@viewport.rect.height+=4
elsif @viewport.rect.y>0
@viewport.rect.y-=4
@viewport.rect.height+=8
end

ryu3000
September 24th, 2009, 09:33 AM
I wanted to make it so that in order to pass certain areas all pokemon had to be at a certain level, (that way you can't just easily use only one pokemon to defeat the gyms, elite 4, and champion). I tried using $Trainer.party.level ,but I can't seem to use it right, I don't know what I'm doing wrong or if that can even help prevent using just one or two pokemon. If that doesn't help is there a way I can do that?

StormRuler
September 24th, 2009, 11:08 AM
For some reason it says one or more fonts don't exist on the system.

Luka S.J.
September 24th, 2009, 11:26 AM
The viewport's height only increases while the enemy base is scrolling to the right. Since you doubled the screen height, you'll want to double the speed at which the viewport's height increases. Try finding and changing these lines in PokeBattle_ActualScene:

if @viewport.rect.y>Graphics.height/4
@viewport.rect.y-=2
@viewport.rect.height+=4
elsif @viewport.rect.y>0
@viewport.rect.y-=4
@viewport.rect.height+=8
end

You, sir, are a genious...and I bow down to you. Thank you so much!:D This error has been driving me crazy.

Ziebart23
September 24th, 2009, 01:00 PM
you can find it inside of your game folder.
Thanks, that helped a lot. I can now continue through the game...

Quilava's Master
September 24th, 2009, 02:30 PM
how do i add a person to the pokegear...

thepsynergist
September 24th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Wichu, or anyone skilled in Pkmn Essentials, can someone help me with my problem.

I want to temporary remove the pokemon in my party and be able to call them back with a script command. Just like in the bug catching contest, Can someone please help me? I can't progress in my game if I don't have this info.

Soul.//Silver
September 24th, 2009, 03:14 PM
New problem, I keep getting a syntax error at line 2498 and I have no idea why. I tried deleting a few "ends" but I still kept getting the error.
2483 def pbThrowAndDeflect(ball,targetBattler)
2484 end
2485 def pbThrow(ball,shakes,targetBattler)
2486 @briefmessage=false
2487 pokeballThrow(ball,shakes,targetBattler)
2488 end
2489 def pbThrowSuccess
2490 if !@opponent
2491 @briefmessage=false
2492 $game_system.bgm_play("../ME/PkmRS-Caught.mid")
2493 frames=(3.5*Graphics.frame_rate).to_i
2494 frames.times do
2495 pbGraphicsUpdate
2496 pbInputUpdate
2497 end
2498 end
Any help will be appreciated.

Maruno
September 24th, 2009, 03:23 PM
2.) How can you store all of the pokemon that you have in your party to a variable (a.k.a bug catching contest) so that you have no pokemon in your party, and you can call them back by using another script command or something. I want to have my character go into the past, and have no pokemon in his party that he had in the future, just so you can get the right idea. Maybe Maruno or OblivionMew can help me with this...?
2) I presume you want the player to pick up and use new pokémon after he's (temporarily) lost his old team. Now, looking at the Bug Catching scripts, this catches my eye:

@otherparty=[]
chosenpkmn=$Trainer.party[@chosenPokemon]

for i in 0...$Trainer.party.length
if i!=@chosenPokemon
@otherparty.push($Trainer.party[i])
end
end

$Trainer.party=[chosenpkmn]
The "chosenpkmn" is whichever one you chose to use before you entered the Contest. The "if" statement copies all the information about all the non-chosen pokémon to an array called "@otherparty" (defined as blank at the beginning). Finally, the trainer's party is redefined to be only the chosen pokémon. At the end of the Contest, the rest of the party is added back.

So that sounds simple enough. Create an array called "@futurepkmn", and when you time travel, do the "if" statement stuff to copy all the party pokémon into it, then say "$Trainer.party=[]" to make it blank.

The recovery part of the script (that gives you your pokémon back) is equally simple, but you can look for that yourself (hint: search for "@otherparty"). Do (a variation of) that when you want to get your future pokémon back. You can do other things with that array instead, if you want (and can imagine).

I wanted to make it so that in order to pass certain areas all pokemon had to be at a certain level, (that way you can't just easily use only one pokemon to defeat the gyms, elite 4, and champion). I tried using $Trainer.party.level ,but I can't seem to use it right, I don't know what I'm doing wrong or if that can even help prevent using just one or two pokemon. If that doesn't help is there a way I can do that?
$Trainer.party[0].level

That is the level of the leading pokémon in your party (the party pokémon are numbered 0-5 inclusive). After a quick bit of imagining, I came up with the following:

tempvar=0
for i in 0...$Trainer.party.length-1
if $Trainer.party[i].level>=42
tempvar+=1
end
end
if $Trainer.party.length==tempvar
You may pass.
else
You cannot pass.
end

Make sure you're happy with figuring out what's going on. If you want a walkthrough of it, ask me in a PM - I'm feeling nice.

ryu3000
September 24th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Ah thank you. I'll use that. That makes sense.

taimao
September 24th, 2009, 09:00 PM
New problem, I keep getting a syntax error at line 2498 and I have no idea why. I tried deleting a few "ends" but I still kept getting the error.
2484 end
2486 @briefmessage=false
2488 end
2489 def pbThrowSuccess
2490 if !@opponent
2491 @briefmessage=false
2494 frames.times do
2495 pbGraphicsUpdate
2496 pbInputUpdate
2497 end
2498 end
Any help will be appreciated.

Looks to me like you might need one more "end" after line 2498; however, I'm new at this so I don't know for sure.

thepsynergist
September 24th, 2009, 10:23 PM
2) I presume you want the player to pick up and use new pokémon after he's (temporarily) lost his old team. Now, looking at the Bug Catching scripts, this catches my eye:

@otherparty=[]
chosenpkmn=$Trainer.party[@chosenPokemon]

for i in 0...$Trainer.party.length
if i!=@chosenPokemon
@otherparty.push($Trainer.party[i])
end
end

$Trainer.party=[chosenpkmn]
The "chosenpkmn" is whichever one you chose to use before you entered the Contest. The "if" statement copies all the information about all the non-chosen pokémon to an array called "@otherparty" (defined as blank at the beginning). Finally, the trainer's party is redefined to be only the chosen pokémon. At the end of the Contest, the rest of the party is added back.

So that sounds simple enough. Create an array called "@futurepkmn", and when you time travel, do the "if" statement stuff to copy all the party pokémon into it, then say "$Trainer.party=[]" to make it blank.

The recovery part of the script (that gives you your pokémon back) is equally simple, but you can look for that yourself (hint: search for "@otherparty"). Do (a variation of) that when you want to get your future pokémon back. You can do other things with that array instead, if you want (and can imagine).

You Maruno are a life saver, that was racking my brain for about a week now, Thx a bunch.

Wildspark
September 25th, 2009, 01:34 AM
Anyone found a workaround yet for the issue with the latest Pokémon Essentials release - that crashes every time a Pokémon evolves?

I assume it's not just me that's having this problem... :P

Ziebart23
September 25th, 2009, 03:43 AM
Anyone found a workaround yet for the issue with the latest Pokémon Essentials release - that crashes every time a Pokémon evolves?

I assume it's not just me that's having this problem... :P
Well, I haven't gotten that far into my game, but I bet that will be a problem, so can someone help us out?

Vaskituh
September 25th, 2009, 07:04 AM
Would it be that hard to make a Caterpillar system close to the Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver one ?

The Smell
September 25th, 2009, 07:08 AM
Would it be that hard to make a Caterpillar system close to the Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver one ?

It'd be a matter of adding a Script that grabs the Pokedex number of the Pokemon that is first in your party, then uses it's Pokedex number to grab a charset and attach to an event that repeats the moves that you do. Then you could script extra stuff so that when you talk to the Pokemon, it does it's cry or something. :)

Vaskituh
September 25th, 2009, 08:11 AM
It'd be a matter of adding a Script that grabs the Pokedex number of the Pokemon that is first in your party, then uses it's Pokedex number to grab a charset and attach to an event that repeats the moves that you do. Then you could script extra stuff so that when you talk to the Pokemon, it does it's cry or something. :)

That sounds.. perfect.

The thing is, i don't know how to script though :(

But i do have the Pokemon OverWorlds for all the Pokemons, and the only thing that really interested me would be the Pokemon following the Trainer.

Here is a Script made by a friend for Pokemon to follow the Trainer, but even i am having some problems understanding it. Can you guys understand it ?

TRAIN_ACTOR_TRANSPARENT_SWITCH = false
TRAIN_ACTOR_TRANSPARENT_SWITCH = true

TRAIN_ACTOR_TRANSPARENT_SWITCHES_INDEX = 20

DOWN_LEFT = 1
DOWN_RIGHT = 3
UP_LEFT = 7
UP_RIGHT = 9
JUMP = 5

class Game_Party_Actor > Game_Character
def initialize
super()
@through = true
end
def setup(actor)
if actor != nil
@character_name = actor.character_name
@character_hue = actor.character_hue
else
@character_name = ""
@character_hue = 0
end
@opacity = 255
@blend_type = 0
end
def screen_z(height = 0)
if $game_player.x == @x and $game_player.y == @y
return $game_player.screen_z(height) - 1
end
super(height)
end
def move_down(turn_enabled = true)
if turn_enabled
turn_down
end
if passable?(@x, @y, Input:: DOWN)
turn_down
@y += 1
end
end
def move_left(turn_enabled = true)
# ×ó¤òÏò¤¯
if turn_enabled
turn_left
end
if passable?(@x, @y, Input::LEFT)
turn_left
@x -= 1
end
end
def move_right(turn_enabled = true)
if turn_enabled
turn_right
end

if passable?(@x, @y, Input::RIGHT)
turn_right
@x += 1
end
end
def move_up(turn_enabled = true)
if turn_enabled
turn_up
end
if passable?(@x, @y, Input::UP)
turn_up
@y -= 1
end
end
def move_lower_left
unless @direction_fix
@direction = (@direction == Input::RIGHT ? Input::LEFT : @direction == Input::UP ? Input:: DOWN : @direction)
end
if (passable?(@x, @y, Input:: DOWN) and passable?(@x, @y + 1, Input::LEFT)) or
(passable?(@x, @y, Input::LEFT) and passable?(@x - 1, @y, Input:: DOWN))
@x -= 1
@y += 1
end
end
def move_lower_right
unless @direction_fix
@direction = (@direction == Input::LEFT ? Input::RIGHT : @direction == Input::UP ? Input:: DOWN : @direction)
end
if (passable?(@x, @y, Input:: DOWN) and passable?(@x, @y + 1, Input::RIGHT)) or
(passable?(@x, @y, Input::RIGHT) and passable?(@x + 1, @y, Input:: DOWN))
@x += 1
@y += 1
end
end
def move_upper_left
unless @direction_fix
@direction = (@direction == Input::RIGHT ? Input::LEFT : @direction == Input:: DOWN ? Input::UP : @direction)
end
if (passable?(@x, @y, Input::UP) and passable?(@x, @y - 1, Input::LEFT)) or
(passable?(@x, @y, Input::LEFT) and passable?(@x - 1, @y, Input::UP))
@x -= 1
@y -= 1
end
end
def move_upper_right
unless @direction_fix
@direction = (@direction == Input::LEFT ? Input::RIGHT : @direction == Input:: DOWN ? Input::UP : @direction)
end
if (passable?(@x, @y, Input::UP) and passable?(@x, @y - 1, Input::RIGHT)) or
(passable?(@x, @y, Input::RIGHT) and passable?(@x + 1, @y, Input::UP))
@x += 1
@y -= 1
end
end

def set_move_speed(move_speed)
@move_speed = move_speed
end
end

class Spriteset_Map
def setup_actor_character_sprites?
return @setup_actor_character_sprites_flag != nil
end
def setup_actor_character_sprites(characters)
if !setup_actor_character_sprites?
index_game_player = 0
@character_sprites.each_index do |i|
if @character_sprites[i].character.instance_of?(Game_Player)
index_game_player = i
break
end
end
for character in characters.reverse
@character_sprites.unshift(
Sprite_Character.new(@viewport1, character)
)
end
@setup_actor_character_sprites_flag = true
end
end
end

class Scene_Map
def setup_actor_character_sprites(characters)
@spriteset.setup_actor_character_sprites(characters)
end
end

class Game_Party
def set_transparent_actors(transparent)
@transparent = transparent
end
def setup_actor_character_sprites
if @characters == nil
@characters = []
for i in 1 .. 4
@characters.push(Game_Party_Actor.new)
end
end
if @actors_chach == nil
@actors_chach = []
end
if @actors_chach != @actors
@actors_chach = @actors.clone
for i in 1 .. 4
@characters[i - 1].setup(actors[i])
end
end
if $scene.instance_of?(Scene_Map)
$scene.setup_actor_character_sprites(@characters)
end
end
def update_party_actors
setup_actor_character_sprites
transparent = $game_player.transparent
if transparent == false
if TRAIN_ACTOR_TRANSPARENT_SWITCH
transparent = $game_switches[TRAIN_ACTOR_TRANSPARENT_SWITCHES_INDEX]
else
transparent = $game_player.transparent
end
end
for character in @characters
character.transparent = transparent
character.set_move_speed($game_player.get_move_speed)
character.update
end
end
def moveto_party_actors( x, y )
setup_actor_character_sprites
for character in @characters
character.moveto( x, y )
end
if @move_list == nil
@move_list = []
end
for i in 0 .. 10
@move_list[i] = nil
end
end
def move_party_actors
if @move_list == nil
@move_list = []
for i in 0 .. 10
@move_list[i] = nil
end
end
@move_list.each_index do |i|
if @characters[i] != nil
case @move_list[i].type
when Input:: DOWN
@characters[i].move_down(@move_list[i].args[0])
when Input::LEFT
@characters[i].move_left(@move_list[i].args[0])
when Input::RIGHT
@characters[i].move_right(@move_list[i].args[0])
when Input::UP
@characters[i].move_up(@move_list[i].args[0])
when DOWN_LEFT
@characters[i].move_lower_left
when DOWN_RIGHT
@characters[i].move_lower_right
when UP_LEFT
@characters[i].move_upper_left
when UP_RIGHT
@characters[i].move_upper_right
when JUMP
@characters[i].jump(@move_list[i].args[0],@move_list[i].args[1])
end
end
end
end
class Move_List_Element
def initialize(type,args)
@type = type
@args = args
end
def type() return @type end
def args() return @args end
end
def add_move_list(type,*args)
@move_list.unshift(Move_List_Element.new(type,args)).pop
end
def move_down_party_actors(turn_enabled = true)
move_party_actors
add_move_list(Input:: DOWN,turn_enabled)
end
def move_left_party_actors(turn_enabled = true)
move_party_actors
add_move_list(Input::LEFT,turn_enabled)
end
def move_right_party_actors(turn_enabled = true)
move_party_actors
add_move_list(Input::RIGHT,turn_enabled)
end
def move_up_party_actors(turn_enabled = true)
move_party_actors
add_move_list(Input::UP,turn_enabled)
end
def move_lower_left_party_actors
move_party_actors
add_move_list(DOWN_LEFT)
end
def move_lower_right_party_actors
move_party_actors
add_move_list(DOWN_RIGHT)
end
def move_upper_left_party_actors
move_party_actors
add_move_list(UP_LEFT)
end
def move_upper_right_party_actors
move_party_actors
add_move_list(UP_RIGHT)
end
def jump_party_actors(x_plus, y_plus)
move_party_actors
add_move_list(JUMP,x_plus, y_plus)
end
end

module Game_Player_Module
def update
$game_party.update_party_actors
super
end
def moveto( x, y )
super
$game_party.moveto_party_actors( x, y )
end
def move_down(turn_enabled = true)
if passable?(@x, @y, Input:: DOWN)
$game_party.move_down_party_actors(turn_enabled)
end
super(turn_enabled)
end
def move_left(turn_enabled = true)
if passable?(@x, @y, Input::LEFT)
$game_party.move_left_party_actors(turn_enabled)
end
super(turn_enabled)
end
def move_right(turn_enabled = true)
if passable?(@x, @y, Input::RIGHT)
$game_party.move_right_party_actors(turn_enabled)
end
super(turn_enabled)
end
def move_up(turn_enabled = true)
if passable?(@x, @y, Input::UP)
$game_party.move_up_party_actors(turn_enabled)
end
super(turn_enabled)
end
def move_lower_left
if (passable?(@x, @y, Input:: DOWN) and passable?(@x, @y + 1, Input::LEFT)) or
(passable?(@x, @y, Input::LEFT) and passable?(@x - 1, @y, Input:: DOWN))
$game_party.move_lower_left_party_actors
end
super
end
def move_lower_right
if (passable?(@x, @y, Input:: DOWN) and passable?(@x, @y + 1, Input::RIGHT)) or
(passable?(@x, @y, Input::RIGHT) and passable?(@x + 1, @y, Input:: DOWN))
$game_party.move_lower_right_party_actors
end
super
end
def move_upper_left
if (passable?(@x, @y, Input::UP) and passable?(@x, @y - 1, Input::LEFT)) or
(passable?(@x, @y, Input::LEFT) and passable?(@x - 1, @y, Input::UP))
$game_party.move_upper_left_party_actors
end
super
end
def move_upper_right
if (passable?(@x, @y, Input::UP) and passable?(@x, @y - 1, Input::RIGHT)) or
(passable?(@x, @y, Input::RIGHT) and passable?(@x + 1, @y, Input::UP))
$game_party.move_upper_right_party_actors
end
super
end
def jump(x_plus, y_plus)
new_x = @x + x_plus
new_y = @y + y_plus
if (x_plus == 0 and y_plus == 0) or passable?(new_x, new_y, 0)
$game_party.jump_party_actors(x_plus, y_plus)
end
super(x_plus, y_plus)
end

def get_move_speed
return @move_speed
end
end

#End of Script.

class Game_Player
include Game_Player_Module
end

Soul.//Silver
September 25th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Looks to me like you might need one more "end" after line 2498; however, I'm new at this so I don't know for sure.

I've tried adding and deleting "end's" but it still gives me the same error. Strange considering its either a blank line or an "end" line that is doing it. Both at the very end of the script.

Maruno
September 25th, 2009, 04:30 PM
2484 end
2486 @briefmessage=false
2488 end
2489 def pbThrowSuccess
2490 if !@opponent
2491 @briefmessage=false
2494 frames.times do
2495 pbGraphicsUpdate
2496 pbInputUpdate
2497 end
2498 end
2499Any help will be appreciated.
That looks like it's at the very end of PokeBattle_ActualScene (at least, it is in mine, give or take a few lines). I have 4 "end"s in a row at the end of mine (your quoted bit has 2, for comparison).

I believe I had this problem a while back, and it turned out the problem was either a missing or an extra "end" much earlier in the class. That missing/extra "end" meant the rest of the defs weren't being read properly, which for some reason translates to a syntax error at the end of the class.

Look at whatever you've changed in PokeBattle_ActualScene and see if the number of "end"s match up. I assume you've added something because your line numbering is 30 ahead of mine (February release, unedited).

Vaskituh
September 26th, 2009, 12:13 AM
Someone knows how to help me ?

Short Range
September 26th, 2009, 01:11 AM
In the servers.txt file, it's safe to delete "127.0.0.1:4000,fdsfdsfd" and replace it with your own server, right? ^_^;

The Smell
September 26th, 2009, 01:45 AM
OK, so in the Intro section there is the script:
pbShowPicture(2,pbGetPlayerGraphic,1,230,160)

I want it to show the graphic, but how can I make it disappear, because when I go into the first Map, the picture stays there...

NOTE: I did edit the Intro text and stuff.

EDIT: Oops, I realized it makes it count as Picture 2... Never mind guys!

Pier
September 26th, 2009, 01:55 AM
When starting a playtest, i recieve the following massage:

Pokémon: Digital invasion
Script 'PokeBattle_MoveEffects' line 5049: NameError occurred.

undefined local variable or method `element' for PokeBattle_Move_F5::PokeBattle_Move_11C:Class
OK

What's wrong with my script (posted below)?

class PokeBattle_Move_11C < PokeBattle_Move # Aurvandil's Arrow
def pbType(type,attacker,opponent)
element=@battle.pbRandom(20)+1
type=0
case element
when 1
type=PBTypes::NORMAL
when 2
type=PBTypes::FIGHTING
when 3
type=PBTypes::FLYING
when 4
type=PBTypes::POISON
when 5
type=PBTypes::GROUND
when 6
type=PBTypes::ROCK
when 7
type=PBTypes::BUG
when 8
type=PBTypes::GHOST
when 9
type=PBTypes::STEEL
when 10
type=PBTypes::FIRE
when 11
type=PBTypes::WATER
when 12
type=PBTypes::GRASS
when 13
type=PBTypes::ELECTRIC
when 14
type=PBTypes::PSYCHIC
when 15
type=PBTypes::ICE
when 16
type=PBTypes::DRAGON
when 17
type=PBTypes::DARK
when 18
type=PBTypes::LIGHT
when 19
type=PBTypes::SPACE
when 20
type=PBTypes::WOOD
end
@battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("The arrow was of the {1} element!",type.pbThis))
end
if element==1 || element==3
def pbBaseDamage(basedmg,attacker,opponent)
return basedmg=75
end
elsif element==2 || element==9 || element==16 || element==20
return basedmg=125
end
elsif element==4
return basedmg=75
end
def pbAdditionalEffect(attacker,opponent)
if !opponent.pbCanPoison?(false)
return false
end
opponent.pbPoison(attacker)
@battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} became poisoned!",opponent.pbThis))
return true
end
elsif element==5 || element==6 ||element==11 || element==18
return basedmg=100
end
elsif element==7
return basedmg=75
end
if !opponent.pbTooLow?(PBStats::SPEED)
opponent.stages[PBStats::SPEED]-=1
@battle.pbCommonAnimation("StatDown",opponent,nil)
@battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1}'s Speed fell!",opponent.pbThis))
end
end
elsif element==8
return basedmg=attacker.level
end
elsif element==10
return basedmg=75
end
if !opponent.pbCanBurn?(false)
return false
end
opponent.pbBurn(attacker)
@battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} was burned!",opponent.pbThis))
return true
end
elsif element==12
return basedmg=75
end
if opponent.pbCanSleep?(true)
@battle.pbAnimation(@id,attacker,opponent)
opponent.pbSleep
@battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} went to sleep!",opponent.pbThis))
return 0
end
return -1
end
elsif element==13
return basedmg=75
end
if !opponent.pbCanParalyze?(false)
return false
end
opponent.pbParalyze(attacker)
@battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} was paralyzed!",opponent.pbThis))
return true
end
elsif element==14
return basedmg=75
end
def pbAdditionaleffect(attacker,opponent)
if opponent.pbCanConfuse?(true)
@battle.pbAnimation(@id,attacker,opponent)
opponent.effects[PBEffects::Confusion]=[email protected](4)
@battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} became confused!",opponent.pbThis))
return 0
end
return -1
end
elsif element==15
return basedmg=75
end
if !opponent.pbCanFreeze?(false)
return false
end
opponent.pbFreeze(attacker)
@battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} was frozen solid!",opponent.pbThis))
return true
end
elsif element==17
return basedmg=75
end
if opponent.ability!=PBAbilities::INNERFOCUS && opponent.effects[PBEffects::Substitute]==0
opponent.effects[PBEffects::Flinch]=true
end
end
elsif element==19
return basedmg=75
end
if !opponent.pbTooLow?(PBStats::SPATK)
opponent.stages[PBStats::SPATK]-=1
@battle.pbCommonAnimation("StatDown",opponent,nil) if !haveanim; haveanim=true
@battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1}'s Special Attack fell!",opponent.pbThis))
end
if !opponent.pbTooLow?(PBStats::SPDEF)
opponent.stages[PBStats::SPDEF]-=1
@battle.pbCommonAnimation("StatDown",opponent,nil) if !haveanim; haveanim=true
@battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1}'s Special Defense fell!",opponent.pbThis))
end
end
end
end

Ziebart23
September 26th, 2009, 03:19 AM
Well, I guess that I should ask this now: How do I get certain Pokémon to appear in the grass? Let me still tell everyone that I am no expert in this yet, but I will be once I finish my game.

Ty 101
September 26th, 2009, 06:05 AM
I want to display a animated gif sprite.
I have never done this before and so I put in this code.
What did I do wrong.

setBitmap("Graphics/Pictures")
GifSprite.new(Male Character)
update

Here is the error:

Pokemon Sandstone Version
Exception: RuntimeError

Message: Script error within event 25, map 1 (Seaside Village):

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'undefined method `setBitmap' for #<Interpreter:0x4ff6148>

Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1623:in `eval'

Interpreter:1623:in `command_355'

Interpreter:467:in `execute_command'

Scene_Map:100:in `update'

Interpreter:250:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1623:in `command_355'

Interpreter:467:in `execute_command'

Scene_Map:111:in `update'

Scene_Map:67:in `main'

OK

Pitaelitmaster
September 26th, 2009, 06:06 AM
Well, I guess that I should ask this now: How do I get certain Pokémon to appear in the grass? Let me still tell everyone that I am no expert in this yet, but I will be once I finish my game.

1.Open editor.exe
2.Go to set encounters
3.Then choose new dentisy and choose land
4.After that you click on land and you will see pokemons where you can edit which one you want and what level and how often they will appear.

I think thats about it.

Fraot
September 26th, 2009, 09:46 AM
So...
In other words, how do I initialize a move effect? Do you remember my post? did anyone at least read my post? What script should I modify to have my own effects, I never tested them before and I'm having problems at the time I want to test them in battle.

Maruno
September 26th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Ok guys, i didn't want to ask any more questions here but i have one more. You'll see, I'm making my own move effects and I got this error:

Pokémon Topaz Gem
Message: (eval):1:in `pbFromPBMove'uninitialized constant PokeBattle_Move::PokeBattle_Move_115

PokeBattle_Battler:204:in `eval'
PokeBattle_Battler:204:in `pbInitPokemon'
PokeBattle_Battler:396:in `pbInitialize'
PokeBattle_Battle:707:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:563:in `pbStartBattle'
PokemonField:485:in `pbWildBattle'
PokemonField:484:in `pbSceneStandby'
PokemonField:486:in `pbWildBattle'

Ok
So, this thing is telling me that I didn't initialize the constant PokeBattle_Move::PokeBattle_Move_115.
I added it to the move effects sript and also on the AI, but it still tells me that this is wrong, so how can I initialize that constant?

This move is suposed to call a Fog weather... yes ALL the Fog weather lines are already on the scripts, I have also an ability named "Foggy Sky" that allows you to call it, like Drizzle calls Rain, but I wanna call it from a move named "Fog Rise" too, and the index 115 is suposed to be the next after the 114(Charge Beam's effect).
Those line numbers don't match up with whatever's in my scripts, so I can't analyse much of what may be going on. However, I'll have a guess.

PokeBattle_MoveEffects contains all the different move effects in the game (as you know). Each different effect is a different class, called PokeBattle_Move_XX, where "XX" is a hexadecimal number (from 00 to FF, missing a few because there aren't 256 different move effects in the game).

The correct class, I think, is called by the following line:

return eval(sprintf("PokeBattle_Move_%02X.new(battle,move)",movedata.function))
Now it looks to me like this only allows for a 2 digit hexadecimal number (%02X), but you're trying to call number "115" - that's three digits. I don't know where you're getting that number 115 from, by the way.

Try renaming the class to "D6", fixing the pbs file moves.txt to use "D6" for that move, and try again.

Soul.//Silver
September 26th, 2009, 03:25 PM
That looks like it's at the very end of PokeBattle_ActualScene (at least, it is in mine, give or take a few lines). I have 4 "end"s in a row at the end of mine (your quoted bit has 2, for comparison).

I believe I had this problem a while back, and it turned out the problem was either a missing or an extra "end" much earlier in the class. That missing/extra "end" meant the rest of the defs weren't being read properly, which for some reason translates to a syntax error at the end of the class.

Look at whatever you've changed in PokeBattle_ActualScene and see if the number of "end"s match up. I assume you've added something because your line numbering is 30 ahead of mine (February release, unedited).

Its still giving me the same error no matter how many ends I add or delete. Really frustrating me as I have no idea what is going on.

|Maximus|
September 26th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Hi, probably a noob question, but I have been using ever since it was released, and this problem has never happened to me.

When the main character walks over to the Professor and talks to him, some messages skip, and others repeat themselves. If you need more detail let me know.

Wildspark
September 27th, 2009, 12:59 AM

I assume it's not just me that's having this problem...
Well, I haven't gotten that far into my game, but I bet that will be a problem, so can someone help us out?Honestly, I'm surprised that people haven't been more concerned about this Pokémon-don't-evolve thing. I guess we're the only two using the latest Pokémon Essentials release..?

Anybody who wants to quickly test this, by the way, just has to go outside the starting area, head into the grass, capture a RATTATA and trade it with the guy in the Pokécenter. He gives you a HAUNTER which immediately evolves (Or at least, it's supposed to...)

Obviously, this is completely ruining any possibility of me actually being able to make a game, so help would be greatly appreciated from one of you clever folks.

Failing that, does anyone have an older version of Pokémon Essentials that they could send me? The only old version I have has trouble with the audio (PokemonHealing ME doesn't play) and I can't find any archive lists.

Wichu
September 27th, 2009, 01:33 AM
Those line numbers don't match up with whatever's in my scripts, so I can't analyse much of what may be going on. However, I'll have a guess.

PokeBattle_MoveEffects contains all the different move effects in the game (as you know). Each different effect is a different class, called PokeBattle_Move_XX, where "XX" is a hexadecimal number (from 00 to FF, missing a few because there aren't 256 different move effects in the game).

The correct class, I think, is called by the following line:

return eval(sprintf("PokeBattle_Move_%02X.new(battle,move)",movedata.function))
Now it looks to me like this only allows for a 2 digit hexadecimal number (%02X), but you're trying to call number "115" - that's three digits. I don't know where you're getting that number 115 from, by the way.

Try renaming the class to "D6", fixing the pbs file moves.txt to use "D6" for that move, and try again.

%02X means it formats the number to at least 2 digits, padding with 0s. It works fine with 3 digit numbers.
The problem seems to be with Fraot's script. Fraot: are you sure you spelled the class name correctly? Make sure you didn't put the new move class in the middle of another move class, too.

Pitaelitmaster
September 27th, 2009, 02:52 AM
Hi, probably a noob question, but I have been using ever since it was released, and this problem has never happened to me.

When the main character walks over to the Professor and talks to him, some messages skip, and others repeat themselves. If you need more detail let me know.

I dont really understand the question so a little more detail would be appreciated.

Ziebart23
September 27th, 2009, 03:37 AM
1.Open editor.exe
2.Go to set encounters
3.Then choose new dentisy and choose land
4.After that you click on land and you will see pokemons where you can edit which one you want and what level and how often they will appear.

I think thats about it.

Okay, I found the editor.exe, but whenever I open it, I get this message:
Script 'RTPAndRegistry' Line 423: SyntaxError Occurred.
Then I went looking through the files in the game, and their is no script called 'RTPAndRegistry'. I need help...

|Maximus|
September 27th, 2009, 04:30 AM
When I talk to OAK, in my game. He repeats some of the text that I put in the event box. And I checked it over, and I didn't repeat any of it. Also, sometimes he skips the messages I put in the event box.

Maruno
September 27th, 2009, 05:45 AM
When I talk to OAK, in my game. He repeats some of the text that I put in the event box. And I checked it over, and I didn't repeat any of it. Also, sometimes he skips the messages I put in the event box.
Show us what the event looks like (print screen or something), and we'll have a look.

Quilava's Master
September 27th, 2009, 07:47 AM
how would i make an event disappear depending on if im on a bike. like if im on a bike the event disappears, but when im on foot it reappears

blackspike
September 27th, 2009, 09:29 AM
l still cant use the newest essential version properly.
so can anyone give me an older version with less bugs?

thanks

|Maximus|
September 27th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Show us what the event looks like (print screen or something), and we'll have a look.

Here is the event page:

http://img5.imagebanana.com/img/mt5ai6rg/thumb/OakEvent.PNG (http://img5.imagebanana.com/img/mt5ai6rg/OakEvent.PNG)

Pitaelitmaster
September 27th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Here is the event page:

http://img5.imagebanana.com/img/mt5ai6rg/thumb/OakEvent.PNG (http://img5.imagebanana.com/img/mt5ai6rg/OakEvent.PNG)

You have written the same dialogue twice in this event. Just remove the other one and it should fix the problem.

carmaniac
September 27th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Hey I'm kinda new to doing srcipting and I'm having a problem where when I go into battle view port is not in the main screen where I want it.
Does anyone know how to change it so that it is higher. Thanks in advance.
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/328/screenop.png

|Maximus|
September 27th, 2009, 02:08 PM
You have written the same dialogue twice in this event. Just remove the other one and it should fix the problem.

I feel so stupid. Thanks though anyway haha. Wow, such an idiot I am.

Fraot
September 27th, 2009, 03:06 PM
%02X means it formats the number to at least 2 digits, padding with 0s. It works fine with 3 digit numbers.
The problem seems to be with Fraot's script. Fraot: are you sure you spelled the class name correctly? Make sure you didn't put the new move class in the middle of another move class, too.

Well, lets see what's the problem. I saw the effect no. 114, which is Charge Beam's. So the numbers would continue up to 116, 117, 118, 119, 11A... or something like that? I added that effect on the AI script and on the move effects script so I don't see what's the problem. Just let me check this out again.

djbishybish
September 28th, 2009, 12:48 AM
how would i go about making the pokeball change sprites after a pokemon is caught?

i got the ball to stay there afterwards, but i can't figure out at all how to make it change to a different sprite afterwards (before going to the pokedex)

kuubara23
September 28th, 2009, 05:24 AM
if you guys could help me um.... i cant get editor to work it has the

--------------------------------------------------------------
Script 'RTPAndRegistry' line 423: SyntaxError occured

but when i go to the script RTPAndRegistry isn't there o.o

can someone help me?
all help is apreciated! :)

crisalex
September 28th, 2009, 05:45 AM
peolple im new and i using a pokestarter and i have a error in the game icon and i can't resolve the error

The Smell
September 28th, 2009, 05:50 AM
peolple im new and i using a pokestarter and i have a error in the game icon and i can't resolve the error

In your Pokemon Essentials folder, just delete the "audio.dll" file. ;)

OblivionMew
September 28th, 2009, 07:20 AM

can someone help me?

Why don't you try this, it works!

What you need to do is:

Go to RTPAndRegistry

At line 423 type in end

Save and exit RMXP

Umbreon
September 28th, 2009, 09:35 AM
I have a problem
it says
Pokemon Golden destiny

OK

everytime I start it up.
how do I fix it?

DL27
September 28th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Just read the posts... okay, you must delete audio.dll and it should be fine.

Umbreon
September 28th, 2009, 11:57 AM
kuubara23[/B] http://www.pokecommunity.com/images/templates/pokerev2/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=5165572#post5165572)

can someone help me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OblivionMew http://www.pokecommunity.com/images/templates/pokerev2/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=5139297#post5139297)

What you need to do is:

Go to RTPAndRegistry

At line 423 type in end

Save and exit RMXP

What if it doesn't have the rtpandregistry script in the game because mine doesn't.

ryu3000
September 28th, 2009, 12:24 PM
The flying function isn't working. I made sure I had all badges and I've tried it outside and inside the editor. I also enter the Pokémon Center which has the healing spot right outside the door. I don't think it effects anything, but I also used the Pokémon Center and tried it.

In line 6 of my Pokémon Field Script it has:

BADGEFORFLY=4and starting at 2212 in my Pokémon Field script it has:

def Kernel.pbCanUseHiddenMove?(pkmn,move)
case move
when PBMoves::FLY
if !$DEBUG && !$Trainer.badges[BADGEFORFLY]
Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("Sorry, a new Badge is required."))
return false
end
if $game_player.pbHasDependentEvents?
Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("You can't use that if you have someone with you."))
return false
end
if !pbGetMetadata($game_map.map_id,MetadataOutdoor)
Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("Can't use that here."))
return false
end
return true
when PBMoves::CUT
if !$DEBUG && !$Trainer.badges[BADGEFORCUT]
return false
end
facingEvent=$game_player.pbFacingEvent
if !facingEvent || facingEvent.name!="Tree"
return false
end
return true
when PBMoves::HEADBUTT
if !facingEvent || facingEvent.name!="HeadbuttTree"
return false
end
return true
when PBMoves::SURF
terrain=Kernel.pbFacingTerrainTag
return false
end
if $PokemonGlobal.surfing
Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("You're already surfing."))
return false
end
return false
end
if pbGetMetadata($game_map.map_id,MetadataBicycleAlways)
Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("Let's enjoy cycling!"))
return false
end
if !pbIsWaterTag?(terrain)
Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("No surfing here!"))
return false
end
return true
when PBMoves::STRENGTH
if !$DEBUG && !$Trainer.badges[BADGEFORSTRENGTH]
return false
end
if !facingEvent || facingEvent.name!="Boulder"
return false
end
return true
when PBMoves::ROCKSMASH
if !$DEBUG && !$Trainer.badges[BADGEFORROCKSMASH]
return false
end
if !facingEvent || facingEvent.name!="Rock"
return false
end
return true
when PBMoves::FLASH
if !$DEBUG && !$Trainer.badges[BADGEFORFLASH]
return false
end
if !pbGetMetadata($game_map.map_id,MetadataDarkMap)
return false
end
if $PokemonGlobal.flashUsed
Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("This is in use already."))
return false
end
return true
when PBMoves::WATERFALL
if !$DEBUG && !$Trainer.badges[BADGEFORWATERFALL]
return false
end
if terrain!=PBTerrain::Waterfall
return false
end
return true
when PBMoves::DIVE
if !$DEBUG && !$Trainer.badges[BADGEFORDIVE]
return false
end
if $PokemonGlobal.diving
return true
end
if $game_player.terrain_tag!=PBTerrain::DeepWater
return false
end
if !pbGetMetadata($game_map.map_id,MetadataDiveMap)
return false
end
return true
when PBMoves::TELEPORT
return false
end
return false
end
healing=$PokemonGlobal.healingSpot
if !healing
healing=pbGetMetadata(0,MetadataHome) # Home
end
if healing
mapname=pbGetMapNameFromId(healing[0])
if Kernel.pbConfirmMessage(_INTL("Want to return to the healing spot used last in {1}?",mapname))
return true
end
return false
else
return false
end
when PBMoves::DIG
escape=pbGetMetadata($game_map.map_id,MetadataEscapePoint)
if !escape
return false
end
return false
end
mapname=pbGetMapNameFromId(escape[0])
if Kernel.pbConfirmMessage(_INTL("Want to escape from here and return to {1}?",mapname))
return true
end
return false
when PBMoves::SWEETSCENT
return true
else
return HiddenMoveHandlers.triggerCanUseMove(move,pkmn)
end
return false
enddoesn't anyone know what's going on?

Umbreon
September 28th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Ok I don't have this script
RTPAndRegistry
can someone give me all of the script please?

Maruno
September 28th, 2009, 01:35 PM
The flying function isn't working. I made sure I had all badges and I've tried it outside and inside the editor. I also enter the Pokémon Center which has the healing spot right outside the door. I don't think it effects anything, but I also used the Pokémon Center and tried it.

In line 6 of my Pokémon Field Script it has:

BADGEFORFLY=4and starting at 2212 in my Pokémon Field script it has:

def Kernel.pbCanUseHiddenMove?(pkmn,move)
case move
when PBMoves::FLY
if !$DEBUG && !$Trainer.badges[BADGEFORFLY]
return false
end
return false
end
return false
end
return true
when PBMoves::CUT
return false
end
if !facingEvent || facingEvent.name!="Tree"
return false
end
return true
when PBMoves::HEADBUTT
if !facingEvent || facingEvent.name!="HeadbuttTree"
return false
end
return true
when PBMoves::SURF
return false
end
if $PokemonGlobal.surfing
Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("You're already surfing."))
return false
end
return false
end
if pbGetMetadata($game_map.map_id,MetadataBicycleAlways)
Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("Let's enjoy cycling!"))
return false
end
if !pbIsWaterTag?(terrain)
Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("No surfing here!"))
return false
end
return true
when PBMoves::STRENGTH
if !$DEBUG && !$Trainer.badges[BADGEFORSTRENGTH]
return false
end
if !facingEvent || facingEvent.name!="Boulder"
return false
end
return true
when PBMoves::ROCKSMASH
if !$DEBUG && !$Trainer.badges[BADGEFORROCKSMASH]
return false
end
if !facingEvent || facingEvent.name!="Rock"
return false
end
return true
when PBMoves::FLASH
if !$DEBUG && !$Trainer.badges[BADGEFORFLASH]
return false
end
if !pbGetMetadata($game_map.map_id,MetadataDarkMap)
return false
end
if $PokemonGlobal.flashUsed
Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("This is in use already."))
return false
end
return true
when PBMoves::WATERFALL
if !$DEBUG && !$Trainer.badges[BADGEFORWATERFALL]
return false
end
if terrain!=PBTerrain::Waterfall
return false
end
return true
when PBMoves::DIVE
if !$DEBUG && !$Trainer.badges[BADGEFORDIVE]
return false
end
if $PokemonGlobal.diving
return true
end
if $game_player.terrain_tag!=PBTerrain::DeepWater
return false
end
if !pbGetMetadata($game_map.map_id,MetadataDiveMap)
return false
end
return true
when PBMoves::TELEPORT
return false
end
return false
end
healing=$PokemonGlobal.healingSpot
if !healing
healing=pbGetMetadata(0,MetadataHome) # Home
end
if healing
mapname=pbGetMapNameFromId(healing[0])
if Kernel.pbConfirmMessage(_INTL("Want to return to the healing spot used last in {1}?",mapname))
return true
end
return false
else
return false
end
when PBMoves::DIG
escape=pbGetMetadata($game_map.map_id,MetadataEscapePoint)
if !escape
return false
end
return false
end
mapname=pbGetMapNameFromId(escape[0])
if Kernel.pbConfirmMessage(_INTL("Want to escape from here and return to {1}?",mapname))
return true
end
return false
when PBMoves::SWEETSCENT
return true
else
return HiddenMoveHandlers.triggerCanUseMove(move,pkmn)
end
return false
enddoesn't anyone know what's going on?
When you say "not working", what happens? Do you get one of those messages ("Sorry, a new Badge is required.", etc.), or does nothing at all happen?

shinylugia249
September 28th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Ok so in Pokemon Ryen the trainer starts out with the pokedex but I need to make it so that it does not record any data until a specific switch is activated. This means until the switch is activated ecountering any pokemon like say a shellder would not even be recorded as seen. Any help?

Maruno
September 28th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Ok so in Pokemon Ryen the trainer starts out with the pokedex but I need to make it so that it does not record any data until a specific switch is activated. This means until the switch is activated ecountering any pokemon like say a shellder would not even be recorded as seen. Any help?
Find the lines in the battle scripts (seen) and pbAddPokemon (seen/owned) that say to record the pokémon as seen/owned, and put an "if $game_switches[42]" after those lines. Oh, and that def that gives you 6 pokémon (used for debug purposes) so it's debug-friendly.

Then you need to turn switch 42 on in order to start recording information. You can turn it back off later to stop adding additional pokémon (and the pokémon you've seen/owned up to that point still remain recorded).

ryu3000
September 28th, 2009, 02:42 PM
When you say "not working", what happens? Do you get one of those messages ("Sorry, a new Badge is required.", etc.), or does nothing at all happen?
Oh, yeah. I forgot to mention that part. It doesn't get an error and it doesn't say "a new badge is required, you can't leave with someone with you, or it doesn't work here". It opens up the map, and when I try to select the place on the map. Nothing happens, the map doesn't close or do anything it just stays open.

Umbreon
September 28th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Can anyone give me the RPTAndRegistry script? I don't have it. So please can someone either A give me the script or B tell me how to fix editor.exe without the script?

ryu3000
September 28th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Oh, yeah. I forgot to mention that part. It doesn't get an error and it doesn't say "a new badge is required, you can't leave with someone with you, or it doesn't work here". It opens up the map, and when I try to select the place on the map. Nothing happens, the map doesn't close or do anything it just stays open.Another weird thing is that I have an original copy of the pokestarter and the flying function in that one is working. I set it up the same way though. The healing spot is set in the Pokécenter's Metadata and the ID is the map that leads to it, with the X and Y coordinates right at the door. I even made sure it was in the right spot by clicking in front of the door in the event layer of the RPGXP editor.

Another weird thing is that I have an original copy of the pokestarter and the flying function in that one is working. I set it up the same way though. The healing spot is set in the Pokécenter's Metadata and the ID is the map that leads to it, with the X and Y coordinates right at the door. I even made sure it was in the right spot by clicking in front of the door in the event layer of the RPGXP editor.Ok, I figured it out. I was only setting the healing spot in the Pokémon Center's metadata (to lead outside), and I didn't set it in the townmap generator. Just one thing though, if I set the healing spot in the town map, it's not accessible by flying until I enter the Pokémon center with that coordinate in it's metadata right? Because I would really hate it if you can go to cities you haven't visited yet.

Another weird thing is that I have an original copy of the pokestarter and the flying function in that one is working. I set it up the same way though. The healing spot is set in the Pokécenter's Metadata and the ID is the map that leads to it, with the X and Y coordinates right at the door. I even made sure it was in the right spot by clicking in front of the door in the event layer of the RPGXP editor.

Ok, I figured it out. I was only setting the healing spot in the Pokémon Center's metadata (to lead outside), and I didn't set it in the townmap generator. Just one thing though, if I set the healing spot in the town map, it's not accessible by flying until I enter the Pokémon center with that coordinate in it's metadata right? Because I would really hate it if you can go to cities you haven't visited yet.Ok, I just discovered you still have to visit, which is good.

|Maximus|
September 29th, 2009, 12:55 PM
I kinda gots a problem with the Visual Editor. I have multiple maps connected to each other and between the first route and they aren't connected. Here is a screenshot:

http://img5.imagebanana.com/img/d72mfmw7/VisualEditor.PNG

Maruno
September 29th, 2009, 01:42 PM
I kinda gots a problem with the Visual Editor. I have multiple maps connected to each other and between the first route and they aren't connected. Here is a screenshot:

http://img5.imagebanana.com/img/d72mfmw7/VisualEditor.PNG
They're not connected, they're overlapped.

As annoying as it is, you have to connect the edge of one map with the edge of the next. It seems you'll have to cut a few tiles off around each of your maps to get your desired layout.

Luke128th
September 29th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Hey, guys. Saw this error posted earlier, and the dude said he fixed it(I think) but I need to find out how. Here's the error:

Message: undefined method `setBitmap' for #<SpriteWrapper:0x41e5628>

PokemonEditor:1084:in `refresh'

PokemonEditor:879:in `pbListScreenBlock'

PokemonEditor:874:in `loop'

PokemonEditor:899:in `pbListScreenBlock'

PokemonEditor:2919:in `pbTrainerTypeEditor'

EditorMain:58:in `pbEditorMenu'

EditorMain:58:in `pbFadeOutIn'

EditorMain:26:in `loop'

EditorMain:97:in `pbEditorMenu'

I checked the scripts for the editor, and everything seems to be in order. What's the problem?

Umbreon
September 29th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Ok, I fixed up editor.exe but a new problem happened
Pokemon Essentials
Message: undefined method `setBitmap' for #<SpriteWrapper:0x477cd20>

OK
That's what happens when I want to either A want to use an existing trainer data or B want to edit the trainer data, can someone please help?

Ziebart23
September 29th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Okay, I found the editor.exe, but whenever I open it, I get this message:
Script 'RTPAndRegistry' Line 423: SyntaxError Occurred.
Then I went looking through the files in the game, and their is no script called 'RTPAndRegistry'. I need help...
Okay, no one has answered this, but I still haven't found out how to do it... Someone please help me...

chrisdurer
September 29th, 2009, 04:28 PM
I keep getting this error wen i start the test game.

Pokemon Essentials

OK
can some one help me

thepsynergist
September 29th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Ok, i found an interesting glitch in Pokemon Essentials.

1.) you select a Pokemon move and your Pokemon goes second.

2.) The defending Pokemon suicides with a move like Curse(if ghost type) or self destruct.

3.) Your pokemon survives and you are asked to switch out. You say yes.

4.) When you switch out, The Pokemon that you switched uses the move the previous move that you selected.

I.E. Your Charmander is about to use Ember, the defending Pokemon dies before you use it. You switch to Totodile. Totodile uses Ember.

Is there anyway to fix this error. It's kind of a big one.

kay3o
September 30th, 2009, 04:01 AM
I keep getting this error wen i start the test game.

Pokemon Essentials

OK
can some one help me

I'm getting the same error, anyone able to help?

Umbreon
September 30th, 2009, 04:22 AM
I'm getting the same error, anyone able to help?
delete audio.dll then it should work.

I have a problem too.
Pokemon Essentials

OK

That's what happens when i want to make a trainer using an existing battle.

Kippstah420
September 30th, 2009, 06:59 AM
Heyy guys,

I was wondering if anybody has yet to figure out how to fix this runtime error I'm getting when I try to add a foreign pokemon to my party using pokemon essentials. Here is the error I'm getting...

Pokemon Essentials

(eval):1:in `pbAddForeignPokemon'wrong number of arguments(3 for 4)

***Full script:

pbAddForeignPokemon(PBSpecies::PIKACHU,100,_I("Prof. Oak"))

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:789:in `eval'

Interpreter:789:in `command_111'

Interpreter:322:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:279:in `pbExecuteScript'

OK

Can anybody fix this problem?? Please, let me know!! Thanks!! Bye!! P.S. The first person who fixes this problem will be in my game as the 8th Gym Leader.... Anyways, thanks again.... bye!!

Trikeboy
September 30th, 2009, 07:19 AM
You haven't used all the fields for the script. Take a look at the example in the notes:

pbAddForeignPokemon(PBSpecies::SHUCKLE,20,_I("MARK"),_I("SHUCKIE"))
You didn't add the nickname for the Pikachu you are trying to add. It should be something like this:

pbAddForeignPokemon(PBSpecies::PIKACHU,100,_I("Prof. Oak"),_I("PIKACHU"))

Kippstah420
September 30th, 2009, 07:26 AM
Same error, still... Any ideas?

The Smell
September 30th, 2009, 07:33 AM
Can Prof. Oak count? I thought there was a 7 character limit. Try Prof Oak instead.

@>Conditional Branch: Script: pbAddForeignPokemon(PBSpecies::PIKACHU,100,_I("Prof Oak"),_I("PIKACHU"))
@>
: Else
@>
: Branch End
@>

Remember to make it a conditional branch?

Kippstah420
September 30th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Still getting the same error, even in a conditional branch.... I think it was coded wrong when the code was written... If I was better at programming, which i am currently learning at ITT Tech. for Computer Networking, I would try and rewrite the script... But, I don't know much, so, I can't... But... Has anybody gotten it to work at all..?? So you guys know, the reason I say it was coded wrong, in my opinion, is because when I looked at the code in PokemonUtilities, it seems to only have an "if" statement, and there is no "then" or "else" statements... For example...

def pbAddForeignPokemon(species,level,ownerName,nickname)
if $Trainer.party.length==6
return false
end

There should be an "else" statement right after the "if" statement, but it just continues on with the code below...

speciesname=PBSpecies.getName(species)
Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} received a Pokémon from {2}.\1",$Trainer.name,ownerName))
pokemon=PokeBattle_Pokemon.new(species,level,$Trainer)
# Set ID and OT name to a foreign one
pokemon.id=$Trainer.getForeignID
pokemon.ot=ownerName
# Set nickname
if nickname
pokemon.name=nickname[0,10]
end
# Recalculate stats
pokemon.calcStats
pbStorePokemon(pokemon)
return true
end

Let me know if you think there should be an "else" statement also.... Another thing is that to me it does not look like "ownerName" is an actual variable, b/c i looked through it, and i can't even find it initalized anywhere... And, variables are supposed to be initalized so that the memory for it doesn't get used by something else that is already initalized....

Trikeboy
September 30th, 2009, 08:14 AM
I have got it to work but you have to disable the part of the code that generates the foreign trainer ID. This means the Pokemon will have your ID. I have tried a few ways to get the foreign ID to work but it isn't cooperating. If you would like to know what I have I will tell you.

Umbreon
September 30th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Heyy guys,

I was wondering if anybody has yet to figure out how to fix this runtime error I'm getting when I try to add a foreign pokemon to my party using pokemon essentials. Here is the error I'm getting...

Pokemon Essentials

(eval):1:in `pbAddForeignPokemon'wrong number of arguments(3 for 4)

***Full script:

pbAddForeignPokemon(PBSpecies::PIKACHU,100,_I("Prof. Oak"))

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'

OK

Can anybody fix this problem?? Please, let me know!! Thanks!! Bye!! P.S. The first person who fixes this problem will be in my game as the 8th Gym Leader.... Anyways, thanks again.... bye!!

Delete audio.dll that's how it's fixed.
Oh wait sorry wrong thing.

ultron90
September 30th, 2009, 09:56 AM
where can i edit the QuickAttack script? i need to fix a problem. similiar to OG's problem which was sprites being cut in battle. can anyone help?

Umbreon
October 1st, 2009, 09:33 AM
Pokemon Essentials

OK
Thats what happens when I want to edit the trainer battles (using existing Graphics) otherwise I can only edit or make new trainer graphics, please help!

Maruno
October 1st, 2009, 11:19 AM
Still getting the same error, even in a conditional branch.... I think it was coded wrong when the code was written... If I was better at programming, which i am currently learning at ITT Tech. for Computer Networking, I would try and rewrite the script... But, I don't know much, so, I can't... But... Has anybody gotten it to work at all..?? So you guys know, the reason I say it was coded wrong, in my opinion, is because when I looked at the code in PokemonUtilities, it seems to only have an "if" statement, and there is no "then" or "else" statements... For example...

def pbAddForeignPokemon(species,level,ownerName,nickname)
if $Trainer.party.length==6
return false
end

There should be an "else" statement right after the "if" statement, but it just continues on with the code below...

speciesname=PBSpecies.getName(species)
Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} received a Pokémon from {2}.\1",$Trainer.name,ownerName))
pokemon=PokeBattle_Pokemon.new(species,level,$Trainer)
# Set ID and OT name to a foreign one
pokemon.id=$Trainer.getForeignID
pokemon.ot=ownerName
# Set nickname
if nickname
pokemon.name=nickname[0,10]
end
# Recalculate stats
pokemon.calcStats
pbStorePokemon(pokemon)
return true
end

Let me know if you think there should be an "else" statement also.... Another thing is that to me it does not look like "ownerName" is an actual variable, b/c i looked through it, and i can't even find it initalized anywhere... And, variables are supposed to be initalized so that the memory for it doesn't get used by something else that is already initalized....
The part at the beginning is fine as it is. If you have a full party, it immediately returns "false" without going on to the rest of the script. If it doesn't return "false" immediately, then you have space in your party and the rest of the script is worked through.

Regarding the "ownerName" thing, see what's been highlighted in red in the quote...

|Maximus|
October 1st, 2009, 12:05 PM
Is there a way to create a light on a lampost without having a shadow cast.

Luke128th
October 1st, 2009, 02:23 PM
I mentioned this problem with the Trainer Types Editor earlier:
Hey, guys. Saw this error posted earlier, and the dude said he fixed it(I think) but I need to find out how. Here's the error:

I checked the scripts for the editor, and everything seems to be in order. What's the problem?

Can someone throw me a bone here?:\

EDIT:
I've also got another problem here! Dang, this is bad... Anyway, I'm trying to create a dependent event, and I set the event to be a parallel process, but I keep getting this:

Pokemon Regions Project

Message: Script error within event 8, map 31 (CHERRYGROVE CITY):

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'compile error
(eval):1: syntax error
Kernel.pbAddDependancy2(009, P, 011)
^

***Full script:

Kernel.pbAddDependancy2(009, P, 011)

Interpreter:258:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1652:in `command_355'

Interpreter:496:in `execute_command'

Game_Event_:230:in `update'

Game_Map_:305:in `update'

Game_Map_:303:in `each'

Game_Map_:303:in `update'

OK

Any ideas?

Thingula
October 1st, 2009, 02:41 PM
How can I disable the header (says the name of cities, for example, in the top left corner) for a map? (I.E. Not have it show when I go inside a house)

thepsynergist
October 1st, 2009, 08:32 PM

2.) The defending Pokemon suicides with a move like Curse(if ghost type) or self destruct.

4.) When you switch out, The Pokemon that you switched uses the move the previous move that you selected.

I.E. Your Charmander is about to use Ember, the defending Pokemon dies before you use it. You switch to Totodile. Totodile uses Ember.

This is a large Pokemon Essentials error that needs fixing, can someone please help me. I'm sure that this problem exists within everyone's current Pokemon Fangame, not just mine.

ryu3000
October 1st, 2009, 09:05 PM
Am I doing this right? To register a partner trainer I used this script command:

pbRegisterPartner(PBTrainers::LEADER1,"SANDY",0)The trainer type is LEADER1 (not the displayed type, I changed that in the
trainer names file), her name is SANDY, and her ID is 0.

It's not working. It just errors and says that
(PBTrainers::LEADER1,"SANDY",0) shouldn't have a "(" at the beginning of it.

Kippstah420
October 2nd, 2009, 05:41 AM
Heyy everybody, I know I don't know much on programming. But here is the code fix for PokemonUtilities... Change the line 260 in PokemonUtilities from Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} recieved a pokemon from {2}.\1",$Trainer.name,ownername)) <-- (Notice the un-camelCased variable?) to
(or just change ownername to ownerName, for experienced programmers they should know of something called camelCase for variables. Basically you lowercase the first word, and then capitalize the first letter of every other word after that in the variable name. This line, origionally, however, was not camelCased, and yet every other instance of the word ownername actually looked like this throughout the code ==> ==> ownerName <== <==)

Then, after that, to get the ForeignID to work correctly, change the part in like 263 from pokemon.id=$Trainer.getForeignID to pokemon.ot=$Trainer.getForeignIDIt worked fully when I tested it... The pokémon even had a different ID number like it is supposed to!!! Yay!! Hope anybody who is/was having a problem with this please with this... I give myself some kudos for this.... lol... Well, have funn... peace...

Am I doing this right? To register a partner trainer I used this script command:

pbRegisterPartner(PBTrainers::LEADER1,"SANDY",0)The trainer type is LEADER1 (not the displayed type, I changed that in the
trainer names file), her name is SANDY, and her ID is 0.

It's not working. It just errors and says that
(PBTrainers::LEADER1,"SANDY",0) shouldn't have a "(" at the beginning of it.

Did you try copying the example from the cave?? Try that and see how it is set up... Then, tell me if you've got any errors and I'll look @ the code and try to debug it... :)

Umbreon
October 2nd, 2009, 09:49 AM
Pokemon Essentials

OK
Thats what happens when I want to edit the trainer battles (using existing Graphics) otherwise I can only edit or make new trainer graphics, please help!

Luke128th
October 2nd, 2009, 12:54 PM
I figured out my second problem, and now I have one more question. What(If there is one) is the script used to check the position of any Pokemon in the trainer's party? i.e. 1st pokemon, 2nd, etc.

twistedfool420
October 2nd, 2009, 01:29 PM
ive been working on this game now for a while and dont want to lose it over a stupid mistake....[using rpg maker xp + pokemon starter kit]

i simply changed the weather effect of a map and it gave me this error message...
(i can no longer use the playtest, editor, or game function)

Pokemon Essentials
Exception: Errno::ENOENT
Compiler:498:in `initialize'
Compiler:498:in `open'
Compiler:498:in `pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'
Compiler:583:in `pbCompileTownMap'
Compiler:3504:in `pbCompileAllData'
Compiler:3636

OK

any help would be really appreciated...

Maruno
October 2nd, 2009, 02:07 PM
Then, after that, to get the ForeignID to work correctly, change the part in like 263 from pokemon.id=$Trainer.getForeignID to pokemon.ot=$Trainer.getForeignIDIt worked fully when I tested it... The pokémon even had a different ID number like it is supposed to!!! Yay!! Hope anybody who is/was having a problem with this please with this... I give myself some kudos for this.... lol... Well, have funn... peace...
This instruction looks wrong to me. "pokemon.ot" is the original trainer's name, not the original trainer's ID number.

No, you need to set "pokemon.trainerID" equals to the getForeignID. That's what works for me.

Thanks for the fix with the other part, though.

The Smell
October 2nd, 2009, 10:24 PM
Hello guys! I just need to know how I can get an event to run as soon as you step on the event, not just touch it. When I do "Player Touch", it doesn't keep walking.

Beam Me Up, Furry Bandit!
October 3rd, 2009, 05:12 AM
I need help badly! I was about to open my project when it came up saying Unexpected File Format...what shall i do??

The Smell
October 3rd, 2009, 05:25 AM
OK, I need some help. I am trying to create a rival system so that the rival picks your weakness. I have stored the name in a variable: $game_variables[27]= "POKEMON" where POKEMON is the starter. When you choose Piplup for example, I use the script $game_variables[27]= "Turtwig". Then the rival will correctly say "I will choose Turtwig." Before the battle, I do a conditional branch to check which starter the rival has in the variable. For instance:

@>Conditional Branch: Script: $game_variables[27]= "Turtwig"
@>Script: pbTrainerIntro(:Rival_Turtwig)
@>Conditional Branch: Script: pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::Rival_Turtwig,"Barry",_I("What are you saying?\nWe ended up losing?"),false,0)
@>
@>Exit Event Processing
@>
@> Script: pbTrainerEnd
@>
@>

I have 3 branches one after the other for each Pokemon. But for some reason, it completely skips all of them. Anyone know why?

Shadow-Lucario
October 3rd, 2009, 05:29 AM
how do i overlap maps i.e. i want route 1 to go straight into pallet town etc?

Thingula
October 3rd, 2009, 11:09 AM
how do i overlap maps i.e. i want route 1 to go straight into pallet town etc?
What I meant is don't put laps on top of each other. it will mess up your game. I just told you how to connect maps

How can I disable the header (says the name of cities, for example, in the top left corner) for a map? (I.E. Not have it show when I go inside a house)

twistedfool420
October 3rd, 2009, 01:18 PM
thanks for the reply :)

but i was just playtesting literaly a second ago, and than i changed the weather effect to sandstorm in 1 map, than it stopped working.. (i didnt compile / extract anything btw... i just saved changes and exited)

but ill try what you said, i have the 2nd essentials downloaded, what do i do with the townmap.txt file??? :S thanks. :)

From what I can understand, you must have deleted or moved the townmap.txt file. Try to find it or download essentials and copy that file.

From what I can understand, you must have deleted or moved the townmap.txt file. Try to find it or download essentials and copy that file.

but i was just playtesting literaly a second ago, and than i changed the weather effect to sandstorm in 1 map, than it stopped working.. (i didnt compile / extract anything btw... i just saved changes and exited)

but ill try what you said, i have the 2nd essentials downloaded, what do i do with the townmap.txt file??? :S thanks. :)
Someone please reply, I really would like to continue working on my game....

Wind Gale
October 3rd, 2009, 01:29 PM
Can someone help me with an error. When I try to open Editor.exe, I get this error.

Script 'RTPAndRegistry' line 423: SytaxError occured.

I have been using VX so I can't change the scripting because I am still learning for XP.

If this problem has been asked before, could someone please redirect me to the answer.

Thanks!

darkerarceus
October 3rd, 2009, 05:41 PM
OK, I need some help. I am trying to create a rival system so that the rival picks your weakness. I have stored the name in a variable: $game_variables[27]= "POKEMON" where POKEMON is the starter. When you choose Piplup for example, I use the script $game_variables[27]= "Turtwig". Then the rival will correctly say "I will choose Turtwig." Before the battle, I do a conditional branch to check which starter the rival has in the variable. For instance:

@>Conditional Branch: Script: $game_variables[27]= "Turtwig"
@>Script: pbTrainerIntro(:Rival_Turtwig)
@>Conditional Branch: Script: pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::Rival_Turtwig,"Barry",_I("What are you saying?\nWe ended up losing?"),false,0)
@>
@>Exit Event Processing
@>
@> Script: pbTrainerEnd
@>
@>

I have 3 branches one after the other for each Pokemon. But for some reason, it completely skips all of them. Anyone know why?

From what I know variables in RMXP can only store numbers.

What I meant is don't put laps on top of each other. it will mess up your game. I just told you how to connect maps

No need, it is like that by default.

Someone please reply, I really would like to continue working on my game....

Copy it over to your game's folder.

EDIT: Weird when I edited the posted to include The Smell's reply instead of save it said "Vote Now" (lol)
It doesn't happen now though. :(

np7261
October 3rd, 2009, 06:42 PM
When I go into the editor.exe and go to trainer types i get this error.
Pokemon Essentials

Message: undefined method `setBitmap' for #<SpriteWrapper:0x8e22e30>

OK

I have not touched the original pokemon essentials folder besides adding trainer sprites 083
and 084. I have checked the editor script and everything is O.K. Please help!!!

darkerarceus
October 3rd, 2009, 10:27 PM
When I go into the editor.exe and go to trainer types i get this error.
Pokemon Essentials

Message: undefined method `setBitmap' for #<SpriteWrapper:0x8e22e30>

OK

I have not touched the original pokemon essentials folder besides adding trainer sprites 083
and 084. I have checked the editor script and everything is O.K. Please help!!!

You haven't set what title the new trainers are.

thepsynergist
October 3rd, 2009, 11:21 PM

I guess a global error such as this one is not important in the eyes of my fellow game makers. Considering I know for a fact that almost everyone that uses Pokemon Essentials has this error, even if they didn't realize it, I thought that there would be a resolution to this by now. I just hope that some progress is being made to this. I understand if people don't have time to find out what's wrong with this, but I just thought that reporting a glitch in the starter kit would be helpful...

The Smell
October 4th, 2009, 12:32 AM
From what I know variables in RMXP can only store numbers.

No, it can do letters through scripts. I worked around this problem.

Another thing. How can I add a SE to play when you click Enter at the title screen? I want to do this in the script "Scene_Intro".

Thanks guys!

<~F.M.P~>
October 4th, 2009, 12:48 AM
Another thing. How can I add a SE to play when you click Enter at the title screen? I want to do this in the script "Scene_Intro".

Thanks guys!

$game_system.bgm_play(RPG::AudioFile.new("(Name of SE)", 100, 100))

You can change the .bgm to .se or any of the other names to the Sound folders in the Audio folder. Just be sure to keep the name lower cased or you'll get an error. The numbers at the end of the script line represent both the Volume and the Pitch. Change them as you please. and last but not least, your best bet would to be to add the line in between the def method and the end syntax...If you need help just let me know. Hope this helps ;)

O.G. Duke
October 4th, 2009, 01:11 AM
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r266/OmegaGroudon/bug-2.png
See, my infernape turned to this when I trained it to Lv47. Anyone met this problem before?
I'm using a very old version of Pokemon Essential kit. This has been bothering me so much. Any idea where to fix it?

The Smell
October 4th, 2009, 01:49 AM
$game_system.bgm_play(RPG::AudioFile.new("(Name of SE)", 100, 100))

You can change the .bgm to .se or any of the other names to the Sound folders in the Audio folder. Just be sure to keep the name lower cased or you'll get an error. The numbers at the end of the script line represent both the Volume and the Pitch. Change them as you please. and last but not least, your best bet would to be to add the line in between the def method and the end syntax...If you need help just let me know. Hope this helps ;)

Weird, I can't get it to work in the places I need it to, and only got it to work in the top part where it sounds straight away. Since I haven't changed the title-screen script at all, can you please copy the Scene_Intro script with the sound effect added. The sound effect is "487Cry" in the SE folder.

Another thing. It seems when I place blank tiles on upper layers, they take priority over the lower layers' objects' passage data. So if I had a blank tile with the "O" passage, and placed it on the top layer so that I could clear some unwanted objects there, but if I did that over a building, it would use the blank tile's "O" instead of the building tile's "X". If anybody gets this, how can I fix it?

Shadow-Lucario
October 4th, 2009, 02:36 AM
can anyone edit sprites ? if so can someone PM me please?

|Maximus|
October 4th, 2009, 06:19 AM
Is there a way to go the Pokemon Screen from the menu, and have the map showing as the background instead of the background that shows on the Pokemon Screen.

Klofkac
October 4th, 2009, 08:31 AM
I created roaming system.

COMMON EVENT - Parralell - Condition: (switch 1)
Script:
@>Control variables: (variable 1) = random No. (0...999) //Random number for match
@>Label: Roam
@>Conditional branch: Script: $game_player.Moving? //Only if player is moving
@>Control variables: (variable 2) = random No. (0.999) //random number
@>Control variables: (variable 3) = Player's Terrain Tag
@>Conditional branch: Variable (variable 2) == 2 //Cheks player if (s)he is in grass
@>Conditional branch: Variable (variable 3) == Variable (variable 1) //Check variables match and then...
(your code as text, cry, etc... before battle)
@>Script: pbWildBattle(
@>: : ::PBSpecies::(species),(level),0,(true, if can flee))
(your code as text, cry, etc... after battle)
@>Control swirches: (switch 1) = OFF
@>
: Branch end
@>
@>
@>Wait: 1 Frame(s)
@>Jump to label: Roam
@>
You can use any number instead of 999. More number is less chance for encounter, and respectively.
Please comment and rate.
Video coming soon.

Wichu
October 4th, 2009, 08:57 AM
ShadowLucario: Simply edit the sprites in the Graphics/Battlers folder. If you're looking for a spriter, try asking in the Help and Requests thread.

Klofkac: There is already a roaming system in the starter kit. Look at the PokemonRoaming script section. Also, your event does not actually make a roaming system - it just adds a rare wild encounter, with optional event commands happening before and after.

Klofkac
October 4th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Klofkac: There is already a roaming system in the starter kit. Look at the PokemonRoaming script section. Also, your event does not actually make a roaming system - it just adds a rare wild encounter, with optional event commands happening before and after.

Thanks for critique, I really thought "Rare encounter", but I named it wrong :\. However, I don't understand the roaming script.

I have one more question, how i can do PkMn evolution, if PkMn levels up in the particular map, like EEVEE to LEAFEON?

Ziebart23
October 4th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Okay, no one has answered this, but I still haven't found out how to do it... Someone please help me...
... is everyone ignoring me? When I try to open the editor.exe, it says an error, so I can't set the wild pokemon encounter for a location because you need the editor.exe, can someone help me this time?

Klofkac
October 4th, 2009, 11:20 AM
... is everyone ignoring me? When I try to open the editor.exe, it says an error, so I can't set the wild pokemon encounter for a location because you need the editor.exe, can someone help me this time?
Try read advanced.htm . There is tutorial, how you can edit encounters without editor.exe .

Ziebart23
October 4th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Try read advanced.htm . There is tutorial, how you can edit encounters without editor.exe .
Thank you, I can finally get on with my game... thanks again.

1ninjadude1701
October 4th, 2009, 11:49 AM
how do i make a script an event like have a script in script editor become active in a event.
has anyone really looked at this anyway i mean like the PokemonRoaming script from the script editro to be a event.

Wind Gale
October 4th, 2009, 02:22 PM
I still can't use editor.exe but now I can't find the debug option anymore. Does anyone know why this happened.

Edit: Wow I feel stupid. I had tested the game from the folder instead of playtesting it.

Still does anyone know how to fix the Editor.exe?

Rashoumon
October 4th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Okay, so I just downloaded Pokemon Essentials and I can't even play the test "game". Joy. Tried from both RPG Maker XP itself and the folder, neither work. I get this error:
Pokemon Essentials

OK

Is there some kind of idiotproofing on this game for people who aren't fluent in Ruby? Or am I just missing something?

Can't open the editor either.

thepsynergist
October 4th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Okay, so I just downloaded Pokemon Essentials and I can't even play the test "game". Joy. Tried from both RPG Maker XP itself and the folder, neither work. I get this error:
Pokemon Essentials

OK

Is there some kind of idiotproofing on this game for people who aren't fluent in Ruby? Or am I just missing something?

Can't open the editor either.

Ok, half of the new posts on this forum are this question. For all further posts read this first.

Just DELETE audio.dll. Problem fixed.

np7261
October 4th, 2009, 11:17 PM
Even without the extra trainer sprites the editor fails to work. I also found out the game chrashes. Anyone with an older version of pokemon essentials please send!!!

darkerarceus
October 4th, 2009, 11:43 PM
Have you deleted Audio.dll yet?

Klofkac
October 5th, 2009, 04:10 AM
I still can't use editor.exe but now I can't find the debug option anymore. Does anyone know why this happened.

Edit: Wow I feel stupid. I had tested the game from the folder instead of playtesting it.

Still does anyone know how to fix the Editor.exe?

What's wrong with the editor? What error message it says?

Maruno
October 5th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Another thing. It seems when I place blank tiles on upper layers, they take priority over the lower layers' objects' passage data. So if I had a blank tile with the "O" passage, and placed it on the top layer so that I could clear some unwanted objects there, but if I did that over a building, it would use the blank tile's "O" instead of the building tile's "X". If anybody gets this, how can I fix it?
Try using the blank tile that's at the top left of the tileset, next to the autotiles. That one should be truly blank, and not affect passage.

For convenience, it's probably best to mark any blank tiles in a tileset with an X or a squiggle or something, to make sure you don't use them.

Is there a way to go the Pokemon Screen from the menu, and have the map showing as the background instead of the background that shows on the Pokemon Screen.
This question has been asked previously, maybe about a month ago (if my poor memory serves). Do a search in this thread for keywords you think should be used, such as "background" and "menu".

Zig_Zag
October 5th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Heh, first time posting here! Anyway, I'm having trouble with the editor. Whenever I try to start it up I get an error that says "Script 'RTPAndRegistry' line 423 SyntaxError occurred". Anyone know what the problem is? I'd really appreciate any help!

videogamemaster
October 5th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Okay so, whenever my Charmander uses Growl, it doesn't use the graphic that I assigned to the attack Growl! How do I change this?

Ravecat
October 5th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Pokemon Essentials

Message: undefined method `setBitmap' for #<SpriteWrapper:0x40b33c8>

I get this error when I try to run "Trainer Types" in editor.exe.

Klofkac
October 6th, 2009, 05:04 AM
Pokemon Essentials

Message: undefined method `setBitmap' for #<SpriteWrapper:0x40b33c8>

I get this error when I try to run "Trainer Types" in editor.exe.

Me too. I read advanced.txt and created new trainers in PBS/xxx.txt

Luke128th
October 6th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Now this is interesting... I'm trying out a new system that allows you to let a pokemon follow you. Now I'm using a new script that stores the species number in a variable. I'm also using a series of switches that rely on the species. If the species returns true, then the switch specified(one of 493) turns on. Now I don't know what happened, but everything is set up perfectly, but the switch is not turning on. The variables are reading right, and the scripts are going good, but no switches. What might be the problem?

Wind Gale
October 6th, 2009, 01:09 PM
What's wrong with the editor? What error message it says?
It says, 'Script 'RTPndRegistry' line 423: SyntaxError occured.'

Zig_Zag
October 6th, 2009, 06:35 PM
I tried this method, but now when I try running the editor I get a "Failed to load script." error. :/

Any other possible fixes for the 423 error?

Ravecat
October 6th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Me too. I read advanced.txt and created new trainers in PBS/xxx.txt
Ahh! I can't believe I didn't think of that.

Thanks!

Maruno
October 7th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Now this is interesting... I'm trying out a new system that allows you to let a pokemon follow you. Now I'm using a new script that stores the species number in a variable. I'm also using a series of switches that rely on the species. If the species returns true, then the switch specified(one of 493) turns on. Now I don't know what happened, but everything is set up perfectly, but the switch is not turning on. The variables are reading right, and the scripts are going good, but no switches. What might be the problem?
I think the first problem is that we don't know what this "new system" is like. Do you really expect us to be able to help you with something we need to look at and analyse when we can't see it? Okay, you may not want to reveal your secrets, but what you've described is easy to do, so you might as well reveal the part of your script that changes which switch is on depending on the number.

My vague guess is that there's either an error in the code, or that you're not actually running it over and over to make sure the switches are up to date. Both are stupid mistakes, yes, but we can't offer anything better if we don't know what's going on.

As an aside, are the nearly 500 switches really necessary? One variable can have the same result (since it can store any of those numbers), with much less mess. In fact, you're already doing this, so why bother with the switches?

|Maximus|
October 7th, 2009, 05:00 PM
When I playtest my game this error shows up :

"Script 'Audio' line 136: NoMethodError occured.
undefined method `getPlayMusic' for Kernel:Module"

Any help?

thepsynergist
October 7th, 2009, 08:37 PM
When I playtest my game this error shows up :

"Script 'Audio' line 136: NoMethodError occured.
undefined method `getPlayMusic' for Kernel:Module"

Any help?

...read above like less than 10 posts ago...

|Maximus|
October 8th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Okay, I got the audio problem fixed...now I have another problem, when I try to use the editor this error shows up:

Script 'RTPandRegistry' line 423: SyntaxError occurred

Help?

Trikeboy
October 8th, 2009, 12:33 PM
For everybody with the RTPAndRegistry error:

It was missed out in the last update. Download the following txt file. It includes the code and tells you how to include it.

Luke128th
October 8th, 2009, 12:35 PM
I think the first problem is that we don't know what this "new system" is like. Do you really expect us to be able to help you with something we need to look at and analyse when we can't see it? Okay, you may not want to reveal your secrets, but what you've described is easy to do, so you might as well reveal the part of your script that changes which switch is on depending on the number.

My vague guess is that there's either an error in the code, or that you're not actually running it over and over to make sure the switches are up to date. Both are stupid mistakes, yes, but we can't offer anything better if we don't know what's going on.

As an aside, are the nearly 500 switches really necessary? One variable can have the same result (since it can store any of those numbers), with much less mess. In fact, you're already doing this, so why bother with the switches?

Then allow me to elaborate. I added a script in PokemonUtilites to call a variable in the line 1082, after nameVarNumber. The script, specVarNumber, stores the species number in a variable, say 47, then I added a script to line 1098, $game_variables[specVarNumber]=$Trainer.party[chosen].species. I thought this would gather the species number. Then I used the script pbChoosePokemon(Var1,Var2,Var3), where Var1=Party number, Var2=Name, and Var3=Species Number, all in a conditional branch. After that I used the dependency script, yada yada... After the dependency script, and you choose the pokemon in the selection screen, I used a series of switches that turned on according to the variable stored in specVarNumber. If the switch turned on, the Pokemon you chose would appear behind you. This worked for a day, and I didn't change anything with the scripts, switches, or Variables after I opened the project the next day, but none of the switches turned on. What is the problem with this?

|Maximus|
October 8th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Thanks but I still get that error. Any help?

Trikeboy
October 8th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Did the game recompile? If it didn't you can do it via the editor.exe.

|Maximus|
October 8th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Did the game recompile? If it didn't you can do it via the editor.exe.

And by recompile you mean?...

Trikeboy
October 8th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Go into editor.exe and select compile data.

|Maximus|
October 8th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Go into editor.exe and select compile data.

You do know that I can't even use the editor.exe right...-_-

Trikeboy
October 8th, 2009, 01:25 PM
I just downloaded another copy of Pokestarter, did what I said in the txt and it worked. Don't understand why it doesn't for you. You did type the script name correctly and paste in all the lines of code (530) right?

|Maximus|
October 8th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Yeah, and I put it in between "Audio" and "StringIO" or "OI" whatever.

carmaniac
October 8th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Does anyone know what script line it is to change the position of the fightbox to a higher co-ordinate?

Thanks to anyone who says so.

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch
October 8th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Sorry to bug people if this has already been asked - even my attention span can't take over 5000 pages...

Anyway, I'd like to know how to script it so that all Pokémon have a certain pose that they use only during battle, while they use the normal sprites when you look at them in the pokedex or your party - everywhere other than battle.

It's probably fairly simple, but I could be wrong and it's really complicated.

What I mean is that instead of four sprites, each Pokémon would have eight - 000, 000b, 000s, 000sb; then 000f, 000fb, 000fs, and 000fsb - the ones with f being in-battle sprites, and the others the ones you'd see everywhere else.

I want to give the impression that the Pokémon are fierce durng battle, but calm towards the trainer.

Can anybody help with this?

|Maximus|
October 8th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Any help on the editor error?? This is really affecting my game.

Wind Gale
October 8th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Along with the editor problem, I have another question. It is probably a simple question to answer but, where do I put the text from the folder. It says in the control panel ad I have no idea where that is. If I don't solve this, the text in battle will be to long. Could someone help me? Thanks.

Please ignore the text question since I figured it out. I fell stupid for asking it now since it was easy.

Maruno
October 8th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Sorry to bug people if this has already been asked - even my attention span can't take over 5000 pages...

Anyway, I'd like to know how to script it so that all Pokémon have a certain pose that they use only during battle, while they use the normal sprites when you look at them in the pokedex or your party - everywhere other than battle.

It's probably fairly simple, but I could be wrong and it's really complicated.

What I mean is that instead of four sprites, each Pokémon would have eight - 000, 000b, 000s, 000sb; then 000f, 000fb, 000fs, and 000fsb - the ones with f being in-battle sprites, and the others the ones you'd see everywhere else.

I want to give the impression that the Pokémon are fierce durng battle, but calm towards the trainer.

Can anybody help with this?
This is certainly possible, yes, and quite simple. The way I'd do it is copy the def that loads the relevant sprite ("pbLoadPokemonBitmapSpecies" in PokemonUtilities), rename it and reference that wherever it should appear in the PokeBattle_ActualScene section (i.e. during battle). Then edit the copied def and add in the "f" to the filenames.

I answered a very similar question yeaterday/today about alternate forms (specifically Giratina) that was asked in the wrong thread (the Help and Resources one), which may have more information for you to consider.

Note that PokeBattle_ActualScene calls "pbLoadPokemonBitmap" rather than "pbLoadPokemonBitmapSpecies". The called def is 1 line long (as you can see), and the easiest solution is to copy that and rename it as well, and then change the four calls to it in ActualScene to "pbLoadPokemonBitmapBattle", which then calls "pbLoadPokemonBitmapSpeciesBattle" (or whatever you called the copied defs).

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch
October 8th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Okay, thanks for the help. When I'm not busy I'll try it out and see what I can do.

EDIT: I've tried it out; it's going to work, all I have to do is finish getting the temporary sprites named and in place. Thank you again!

Trikeboy
October 8th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Any help on the editor error?? This is really affecting my game.
If it isn't working all I can suggest is downloading Pokestarter again then adding the script. I had a problem with an older version that wouldn't do any scripts or events I added or any changes to the PBS txt files. It was solved by a fresh download.

Koak
October 9th, 2009, 04:02 AM
I get an error while trying to run the game :embarrass
I just downloaded it and it gives me this error:

Script 'Audio' line 136: NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method `getPlayMusic for Kernel:Module

this is line 136:
volume=0 if !getPlayMusic()

1ninjadude1701
October 9th, 2009, 04:08 AM
ShadowLucario: Simply edit the sprites in the Graphics/Battlers folder. If you're looking for a spriter, try asking in the Help and Requests thread.

well how do i enable it wichu i have been trying but just cant seem to get it working?

The Smell
October 9th, 2009, 05:49 AM
Alright, so I'm trying to create a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon style game with the Pokémon battle system. Obviously the first thing I'll need to do is "skip" having the trainer backsprite and just have the first Pokémon in the party. Is this possible?

Maruno
October 9th, 2009, 07:12 AM
Then allow me to elaborate. I added a script in PokemonUtilites to call a variable in the line 1082, after nameVarNumber. The script, specVarNumber, stores the species number in a variable, say 47, then I added a script to line 1098, $game_variables[specVarNumber]=$Trainer.party[chosen].species. I thought this would gather the species number. Then I used the script pbChoosePokemon(Var1,Var2,Var3), where Var1=Party number, Var2=Name, and Var3=Species Number, all in a conditional branch. After that I used the dependency script, yada yada... After the dependency script, and you choose the pokemon in the selection screen, I used a series of switches that turned on according to the variable stored in specVarNumber. If the switch turned on, the Pokemon you chose would appear behind you. This worked for a day, and I didn't change anything with the scripts, switches, or Variables after I opened the project the next day, but none of the switches turned on. What is the problem with this?
I really don't know. I got lost in that description, I don't know anything about dependencies, and still not seeing the code itself doesn't help. Frankly, I can't help you here. Sorry.

I created roaming system.

COMMON EVENT - Parralell - Condition: (switch 1)
Script:
@>Control variables: (variable 1) = random No. (0...999) //Random number for match
@>Label: Roam
@>Conditional branch: Script: $game_player.Moving? //Only if player is moving
@>Control variables: (variable 2) = random No. (0.999) //random number
@>Control variables: (variable 3) = Player's Terrain Tag
@>Conditional branch: Variable (variable 2) == 2 //Cheks player if (s)he is in grass
@>Conditional branch: Variable (variable 3) == Variable (variable 1) //Check variables match and then...
(your code as text, cry, etc... before battle)
@>Script: pbWildBattle(
@>: : ::PBSpecies::(species),(level),0,(true, if can flee))
(your code as text, cry, etc... after battle)
@>Control swirches: (switch 1) = OFF
@>
@>
@>
@>Wait: 1 Frame(s)
@>Jump to label: Roam
@>
You can use any number instead of 999. More number is less chance for encounter, and respectively.
Please comment and rate.
Video coming soon.
Roaming. As mentioned, there's already a roaming system in the game.

Go into PokemonRoaming, and look at the very top of that section. There are two arrays there: RoamingAreas and RoamingSpecies. There are also examples there of how they work. It should be easy enough to set it up.

One option associated with RoamingSpecies is a switch number. If it's on, then that pokémon is roaming. You turn the switch on yourself somewhere in the game.

|Maximus|
October 9th, 2009, 03:00 PM
If it isn't working all I can suggest is downloading Pokestarter again then adding the script. I had a problem with an older version that wouldn't do any scripts or events I added or any changes to the PBS txt files. It was solved by a fresh download.

I did exactly what you just said, and it still didn't work.

Torai
October 9th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Every time I try to use the Poké Radar, it says, "Can't use that here.", even when I'm clearly on grass. Can someone please help me with this?

videogamemaster
October 9th, 2009, 04:17 PM
So any help with my last post? I really have no idea why the attack doesn't make the sound that I set for it...

Time Shift Dialga
October 9th, 2009, 04:32 PM
I get an error while trying to run the game :embarrass
I just downloaded it and it gives me this error:

Script 'Audio' line 136: NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method `getPlayMusic for Kernel:Module

this is line 136:
volume=0 if !getPlayMusic()
I'm having the same problem, to expand your knowledge on the error a bit more:

Would I be right in assuming that there are two other scripts involved in breaking the latest version of this wonderful set of files?

|Maximus|
October 9th, 2009, 04:34 PM

I'm pretty sure you must delete the "audio.dll" file. The same thing happened to me.

Now if anybody can help me on my editor error?

Fraot
October 9th, 2009, 05:48 PM
LOL, I had never tested the evolution script, but... hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! I LOL'd. That script is too funny!! I dunno if this spoils everything to the ones that haven't used that thing yet, but it's very funny to see that your evolving pokémon's sprite begins to do spins on its own axis and the speed increases gradually, then the sprite changes to its evolution and the speed begins to slown down smoothly. I was testing some issues of my game when i decided to use a Rare Candy on my Mankey. Hahahaha, it was so funny for me, I have to say that this is a very original way to show how a pokémon evolves.

Wichu
October 10th, 2009, 01:41 AM
I don't think poccil wanted to code the standard evolution animation, as it's pretty complicated. His version is pretty cool, though :P

Wind Gale
October 10th, 2009, 05:10 AM
Thevolution is cool, there is just one problem. When I evolve a pokemon it says
'Script is taking to long' then restarts. Does anyone know how to solve this?

When I use the pokedex I get this error:
Pokemon Essentials
Message: undefined method `rect' for #<AnimatedBitmap:0x750e690>
PokemonPokedex:603:in `pbDexEntry'
PokemonPokedex:830:in `pbPokedex'
PokemonPokedex:810:in `loop'
PokemonPokedex:849:in `pbPokedex'
PokemonPokedex:874:in `pbStartScreen'
PokemonMenu:145:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
PokemonMenu:142:in `pbFadeOutIn'
PokemonMenu:142:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
PokemonMenu:139:in `loop'

OK

Could someone please help me.

|Maximus|
October 10th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Thevolution is cool, there is just one problem. When I evolve a pokemon it says
'Script is taking to long' then restarts. Does anyone know how to solve this?

When I use the pokedex I get this error:
Pokemon Essentials
Message: undefined method `rect' for #<AnimatedBitmap:0x750e690>

OK

Could someone please help me.

Yeah I get that same error.

And I also get the error when I try to use the editor. Help Pleease?

EDIT: Oh, I just figured out I could use the "DEBUG" option to edit trainers. When I do that, I get this error:

Message: undefined method `setBitmap' for #<SpriteWrapper:0x3f26950>
PokemonDebug:1021:in `pbDebugMenu'
PokemonDebug:1021:in `pbFadeOutIn'
PokemonDebug:1021:in `pbDebugMenu'
PokemonDebug:812:in `loop'

Fraot
October 10th, 2009, 11:18 AM
That error of yours means that your computer is a crap and the program(RMXP) runs TOO laggy, you need a good computer. That have happened many times to me, my PC is an old one from 2000 or 2001.

EDIT: I'll remain with that evolution code, it's pretty cool and funny. I was thinking about changing it more like the anime but it seems a bit complicated.

Wind Gale
October 10th, 2009, 12:20 PM
My computer is new. It is a Vista, though. It has never done that before.

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch
October 10th, 2009, 01:20 PM
I'm probably asking too much this time, but here goes. Does someone know what all I would have to edit to make a new type of weather, and does anyone know how I would come across problems while doing so?

I'm trying to make a weather type, overworld compatable, which is a poisonous mist. In battle, it poisons any battler that is not poison or steel type. The overworld can just be a light purple screen tint, but it would be nice if it was an image, which would be a png - I have an idea what to do with it.

I'm thinking about using Defog to clear it, but am not sure exactly how to do that, and some of my 4th gen moves - like Defog - don't work in battle because I don't yet know how to program them.

Also, if somebody knows how I would go about making a tile type which is water and hurts the player's first Pokémon at every step, that would also be appreciated. Poison water, you know.

><" Yes, I know I'm asking for game specific things, but... all I hear on my game thread is chirruping Kricketot. Besides, I'm sure somebody could use the general part of any knowledge that would be provided to do something entirely different.

Koak
October 11th, 2009, 01:25 AM

Would I be right in assuming that there are two other scripts involved in breaking the latest version of this wonderful set of files?

Yeah I get that too! :rambo:

Hope someone knows the fix :D

EDIT: temp fix: delete audio.dll

Also, anyone knows how to set a char? :paranoid:

Time Shift Dialga
October 11th, 2009, 03:09 AM
Sorry I keep coming back - I just DESPERATELY want to get started X_X

Point 1 (The Bug)
I try to open the editor, and a few seconds later...

Script 'RTPAndRegistry' line 556: SyntaxError occurred

Unfortuneatly I never found that script in my files and have limited knowledge of Ruby and it's extensions ¬_¬

-----

Point 2 (The Puzzle)
Okay, I sort of want to add a Pokémon that already exists but doesn't (i.e. The Crystal Onix appears as Onix).

Unfortuneately I'm too stupid to work out how to take it of both Pokédexes :(

Any help on either matter is very much appreciated!

|Maximus|
October 11th, 2009, 05:24 AM

Point 1 (The Bug)
I try to open the editor, and a few seconds later...

Script 'RTPAndRegistry' line 556: SyntaxError occurred

Unfortuneatly I never found that script in my files and have limited knowledge of Ruby and it's extensions ¬_¬

-----

Point 2 (The Puzzle)
Okay, I sort of want to add a Pokémon that already exists but doesn't (i.e. The Crystal Onix appears as Onix).

Point one: I get that same error no help there. If somebody could help us?

Point two: Read the 'notes.html' on how to create a pokemon. Look for Pokemon.txt or something like that PBS pokemon I don't know.

Time Shift Dialga
October 11th, 2009, 05:29 AM
Point two: Read the 'notes.html' on how to create a pokemon. Look for Pokemon.txt or something like that PBS pokemon I don't know.

I did look here but I always get an error when I attempt to cancel it's number of the reigonal (or national) dex D=

Thanks for your attempt at help though ;)

venom12
October 11th, 2009, 05:36 AM
Hey, someone can help me with my bug? I got them when i hit enemy or enemy hit me i changed sprites to 160x160
http://i587.photobucket.com/albums/ss319/venom12314/capture000-3.png

maaddogg
October 11th, 2009, 07:02 AM
what script in poccils starter kit handles the text box for when people talk?

|Maximus|
October 11th, 2009, 07:25 AM
what script in poccils starter kit handles the text box for when people talk?

Seriously. There isn't just one script. Read the notes.html, it's I think three scripts that controls it. Plus some graphics.

EDIT: Now I need some help of my own.

FIRST: I get an error when I try to open up the editor, read some of my previous posts.

SECOND: I have tried to create a caterpillar system so that the starter pokemon follow you. It is coming out pretty good but there is an error. Here are the event pages. When I change the Charmander to Charmeleon or Charizard the graphic does't change. It just stays the same.

Event Page 1
http://img5.imagebanana.com/img/n67auibz/EventPage2.PNG

Event Page 2
http://img5.imagebanana.com/img/2ivdcw51/EventPage1.PNG

Event Page 3
http://img5.imagebanana.com/img/s3ddye0/EventPage3.PNG

Event Page 4
http://img5.imagebanana.com/img/avbk7qq0/EventPage4.PNG

Koak
October 11th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Hey Guys, I've got a few small problems again >.<

I modified my 'Outside' tileset, I added 1 row to it but now the transparency is gone! they it's just white now not transparent anymore :(

I don't know how to set the player character :O

I get alot of errors like when I walk into a house it gives me all kind of errors :S

If anyone could help me with one or more of these problems I'd really appreciate it, Thanks

-Simon

The Smell
October 11th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Hey Guys, I've got a few small problems again >.<

I modified my 'Outside' tileset, I added 1 row to it but now the transparency is gone! they it's just white now not transparent anymore :(

I don't know how to set the player character :O

I get alot of errors like when I walk into a house it gives me all kind of errors :S

If anyone could help me with one or more of these problems I'd really appreciate it, Thanks

-Simon

1. Go to the Importer, which is next to the Game Manager, and re-import the image, then right and left click the transparent part. :)

2. Open the Editor, and go to Set Metadata, then go into Global, and choose the PlayerA setting.

3. Odd. I can't help you with that.

Luke128th
October 11th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Seriously. There isn't just one script. Read the notes.html, it's I think three scripts that controls it. Plus some graphics.

EDIT: Now I need some help of my own.

FIRST: I get an error when I try to open up the editor, read some of my previous posts.

SECOND: I have tried to create a caterpillar system so that the starter pokemon follow you. It is coming out pretty good but there is an error. Here are the event pages. When I change the Charmander to Charmeleon or Charizard the graphic does't change. It just stays the same.

I actually tried something out that is similar to this, but I used a new script, and a new set of variables using the number of the species. I failed at that ,too. Check my post about three pages back.

venom12
October 12th, 2009, 05:55 AM
How i can do more battlebgm's for wild pokemons and battle trainers?

Koak
October 12th, 2009, 06:42 AM
1. Go to the Importer, which is next to the Game Manager, and re-import the image, then right and left click the transparent part. :)

2. Open the Editor, and go to Set Metadata, then go into Global, and choose the PlayerA setting.

3. Odd. I can't help you with that.

Hey, I fixed the first problem but now theres a new problem, I added a new row to it and suddenly it screws up, they're 32x32 this is what it looks like

Another problem, I can't open Editor? gives me error:
Script 'RTPAndRegistry' line 556: SyntaxError occurred.

Someone help please? :cheeky:

Thanks, Simon :cool:

Trikeboy
October 12th, 2009, 06:56 AM
Ok, not sure if it is ok to post this but I will (please delete if it shouldn't). I have found an older version of Pokestarter online here: http://www.plunder.com/Poke-starter-download-5f9a127b75.htm. (http://www.plunder.com/Poke-starter-download-5f9a127b75.htm)
This looks like the January release and doesn't contain the problems with the current release. Everything works perfectly except probably the in game trade pokemon that was solved a couple of pages back. This will also sort out the RTP errors.

crzyone9584
October 12th, 2009, 03:20 PM
I may have missed it by reading through. If so I'm sorry. I've been able to start working on my game again and updated to the latest starter kit. But now if i go into the back or check the pokemon, And i have no pokemon and no items int he back (any pocket for this matter) i get this error

Pokemon: The Beginning
Exception: TypeError

SpriteWindow:434:in `blt'

SpriteWindow:434:in `pbCopyBitmap'

PokemonBag:112:in `refresh'

PokemonBag:106:in `each'

PokemonBag:106:in `refresh'

PokemonBag:49:in `pocket='

PokemonBag:576:in `pbChooseItem'

PokemonBag:559:in `loop'

PokemonBag:618:in `pbChooseItem'

PokemonBag:1151:in `pbStartScreen'

OK

Soul.//Silver
October 12th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Whereabouts in Pokebattle_ActualScene do I edit the text positions of Level, Name (of the Pokemon), status (Frz, Prz, Psn, Brn) and also HP (e.g. 35/57) And also, I've been adjusting the HP bar positions, well trying to, of the Player's Pokemon. One problem, the Enemy HP bar moves with the Player HP bar. I also need to know where to change the XY coordinates of the Pokemon Sprites (only the Enemy sprites). Another thing, how do I edit the size of the HP bar? I know how to edit the length but not the actual size. Here is my battle screen so far...showing the Player HP bar problem.
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/423/pokemonbattlepositionsh.png

Time Shift Dialga
October 13th, 2009, 04:26 AM

Point 2 (The Puzzle)
Okay, I sort of want to add a Pokémon that already exists but doesn't (i.e. Gastrodon Green appears as Gastrodon Pink/brown).

I made a slight edit to the post in the quote to make it more understandable - any help please? I'm much better with VX than XP.

Pier
October 13th, 2009, 06:48 AM
When I started a playtest, I recieved the following massage while compiling moves.txt:

Pokémon: Digital invasion
Message: undefined local variable or method `value' for nil:NilClass
Compiler:984:in `pbCheckByte'
Compiler:1076:in `pbCompileMoves'
Compiler:1033:in `pbCompilerEachPreppedLine'
Compiler:515:in `each_line'
Compiler:515:in `pbCompilerEachPreppedLine'
Compiler:512:in `open'
Compiler:512:in `pbCompilerEachPreppedLine'
Compiler:1033:in `pbCompileMoves'
Compiler:3338:in `pbCompileAllData'
Compiler:3463

OK
How can I fix this?

Alont
October 13th, 2009, 07:27 PM
EDIT: Problem #1 Fixed.

How do i make it so that the character cannot walk on houses and trees?

lx_theo
October 13th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Hey everybody,
I recently downloaded RPG Maker XP and the pokemon starter kit, but him having some trouble in the beginning.
I deleted all the pre-made maps (except for the Intro) and i made a few new maps.
When i start the game everything goes smoothly until its time to begin the actual game, when prof. oak says your something or other awaits lets go!, a message comes up that says
Exception: Errno:: ENOENT
Game_Map_:32:in `load_data'
Game_Map_:32:in `setup'
PokemonMap:643:in `setup'
Scene_Map:214:in `transfer_player'
Scene_Map:107:in `update'
Scene_Map:64:in `loop'
Scene_Map:71:in `main'

The map with the ID, 25, is not in existence at the moment. Probably the event that told the game to transfer the player from the intro map to a navigable map is set to what was Map 25 and you need to change where it goes. You can find a map ID by opening the Mp Properties and looking at the top blue bar.

Alont
October 13th, 2009, 07:35 PM
How do i make it so that my player doesn't walk on objects?
And secondly, how do i make it so that when the character walks into his house it says
"(name here)'s house" ?

kay3o
October 14th, 2009, 07:04 AM
So does anyone have a fix for

"Script 'RTPAndRegistry' line 556: SyntaxError occurred."

?, Please say someone does! :3

Trikeboy
October 14th, 2009, 09:52 AM
So does anyone have a fix for

"Script 'RTPAndRegistry' line 556: SyntaxError occurred."

?, Please say someone does! :3

8 posts back (on this page) I posted a link to an older version of Pokemon Essentials. That release does not have the RTPAndRegistry error. Poccil is obviously working on new additions to the kit and this release was posted with a few errors.

Peeky Chew
October 14th, 2009, 10:16 AM
So I downloaded the starter kit and it told me to set a program to open with, I picked rpg maker xp obviously. When I opened it this appeared:
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h5/jippily/STUPIDERRORS.png (http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h5/jippily/STUPIDERRORS.pngs)
After clicking ignore a few times it closes. When I tried opening it after this the black screen comes on for a split second and then just disappears, how do I fix this? I'm running vista btw.

Thanks.

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch
October 14th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Ummmnnnn....

Did you remember to un-zip it before trying to open it in RMXP? XD

Peeky Chew
October 14th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Ummmnnnn....

Did you remember to un-zip it before trying to open it in RMXP? XDErm..............
How do you un-zip it exactly?

Wind Gale
October 14th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Could someone please help me with the Pokedex error. I am sorry if this has been posted before. When I looked through I did not see it. Ther error is:
Pokemon Gale God of the Sky
Message: undefined method `rect' for #<AnimatedBitmap:0x7305620>

OK

The Smell
October 15th, 2009, 03:01 AM
For every basic thing I do, I get errors. I get errors from receiving, getting items, adding Pokémon foreignly, silently and even normally. Why does this happen in this particular game and not any others?

Pokémon: Nature's Gift

Message: Script error within event 1, map 7 (Leafern Nesting):

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'undefined method `party' for nil:NilClass

***Full script:

$Trainer.party.length>=6

Peeky Chew
October 15th, 2009, 05:08 AM
Erm..............
How do you un-zip it exactly?I know you'd usually extract the folder but it doesn't give me that option for some reason. Look:
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h5/jippily/png-4.png

Fraot
October 15th, 2009, 08:59 AM
@Soul.//Silver (http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=62072)
You know what? I learned a bit about RGSS thanx to this starter kit. To look for those things you want, search on all section for the name of the .png file which has the status boxes, you MUST find it on the Graphics/Pictures folder, be a little self-dependant. And for the HP bar... look for line 1048(I think, since my script is edited). Those lines should be:

class PokeBattle_Scene

USECOMMANDBOX=false # If true, expects a file named Graphics/Pictures/commandbox.png
USEFIGHTBOX=false # If true, expects a file named Graphics/Pictures/fightbox.png
MESSAGEBASECOLOR=Color.new(82,82,90)
MESSAGESHADOWCOLOR=Color.new(165,165,173)
MENUBASECOLOR=Color.new(72,72,72)
MENUSHADOWCOLOR=Color.new(208,208,208)
BOXTEXTBASECOLOR=Color.new(240,240,240)
BOXTEXTSHADOWCOLOR=Color.new(37,35,36)
EXPCOLOR=Color.new(64,200,248)
# Green HP color
HPCOLORBASE1=Color.new(115,244,0)
HPCOLORSHADOW1=Color.new(105,223,0)
# Orange HP color
HPCOLORBASE2=Color.new(244,155,0)
HPCOLORSHADOW2=Color.new(220,139,0)
# Red HP color
HPCOLORBASE3=Color.new(244,75,0)
HPCOLORSHADOW3=Color.new(20,68,0)
# Blank HP color
HPCOLORBASE4=Color.new(0,0,0)
HPCOLORSHADOW4=Color.new(0,0,0)
# Position of HP gauge
HPGAUGE_X=129
HPGAUGE_Y=48
On those lines, you can put the X and Y positions of the HP bar and its size... obviously, you can put X and Y positions and of the exp. bar and its size. But they're below.

1ninjadude1701
October 15th, 2009, 02:18 PM
how do i use the pokemon roaming script? and it dosn't say at top like most people say

Maruno
October 15th, 2009, 03:50 PM
how do i use the pokemon roaming script? and it dosn't say at top like most people say
This is what should be very near the top of PokemonRoaming:

module PokemonRoaming
RoamingAreas={
# Keys indicate the Pokémon's current map;
# Values indicate one or more maps that the Pokémon
# will move to
# Example:
# 20 => [21, 22],
# 21 => [22, 20]
}
RoamingSpecies={
# Example:
# (Species, level, switch number)
# PBSpecies::LATIOS => [40,50],
# PBSpecies::LATIAS => [40,51]
}
end
It comes with examples. Just unquote one or more of them and edit them to suit your needs. It really is that easy/obvious.

zephadus
October 16th, 2009, 08:02 AM
nevermind, I figured it out