PDA

View Full Version : [Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Maruno
June 20th, 2010, 07:22 AM
Oh, and can anyone help me with my "noob-ish" question?
" Is it possible to remove the battle system from Essentials and use it on a default RMXP project? I remember seeing "Pokémon Battle System" on www.upokecenter.com (http://www.upokecenter.com) but that's no longer downloadable since it's incorporated with Essentials."
Of course it's possible - it was written into an RPG Maker XP game, after all - but it's almost certainly a huge hassle to find all the required classes and defs to copy across.

Hey pll,

I wondered.. how can I fix that annoying text within the ability description? It happens on a fresh unpacked starterkit..

http://i48.tinypic.com/jfgk6d.png

http://i45.tinypic.com/245y69l.png
The ability descriptions come from the Gen 4 games (which are a bit longer than the Gen 3 ones), while the summary screens mimic the Gen 3 screens.

Either rewrite the descriptions to make them shorter, or edit the screen to include a larger space for the description.

XD003
June 21st, 2010, 12:46 AM
So, I'm having another problem. I'm trying to use Waterfall, but I keep getting an error

---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
Exception: ArgumentError

PokemonHiddenMoves:334:in `pbFacingTerrainTag'

PokemonHiddenMoves:334:in `pbAscendWaterfall'

PokemonHiddenMoves:375:in `pbWaterfall'

PokemonHiddenMoves:576

PokemonHiddenMoves:573:in `call'

PBEvent:58:in `trigger'

PBEvent:52:in `each'

PBEvent:52:in `trigger'

Scene_Map:165:in `update'

Scene_Map:63:in `main'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\Andrew\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

I'd assume it has something to do with the scripts, but if it does I have no clue what to mess with, even if I had the ability to mess with it. So yeah, does anyone know why?

venom12
June 21st, 2010, 01:37 AM
How can i make HM RockClimb?

EDIT: NEvermind i get it to work :D

Gregora
June 21st, 2010, 09:24 AM
So there's no fix to the odd time system bug? Also- is there a way to make a switch that once on, turns off when it's a new day?

Maruno
June 21st, 2010, 10:48 AM
So there's no fix to the odd time system bug? Also- is there a way to make a switch that once on, turns off when it's a new day?
The wiki (http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Time-sensitive_events) has a page devoted to time. I don't think there's currently a way to make a "turn off at midnight" thing, but it can't be too difficult to create it.

Go into Game_Event_ and find the def expired?. Copy and paste it, with a few modifications (i.e. return false if the current time is a different day to the variable's day). I'm not entirely sure how you'd do that (perhaps just check the weekday, and include a mention that returns false if the current time is over 100,000 seconds further on than the variable's time). Perhaps erase the variable while you're at it. I don't know. It's a start. If you figure something out, please mention it on the wiki - it saves someone else having to figure it out and put it up anyway.

Jlev12
June 21st, 2010, 11:14 PM
Take a look at this code and tell me what's wrong. Attatched picture is the code.

The error message i get is :
Pokemon Garnet
Exception: RuntimeError

Message: Script error within event 1, map 5 (Startingvillagehouses):

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'undefined method `pokegear=' for nil:NilClass

***Full script:

$Trainer.pokegear=true
$PokemonGlobal.runningShoes=true

Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1652:in `eval'

Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1652:in `command_355'

Interpreter:496:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:190:in `update'

Interpreter:104:in `loop'

Interpreter:195:in `update'

Scene_Map:100:in `update'

Scene_Map:98:in `loop'

Interpreter:279:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1652:in `command_355'

Interpreter:496:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:190:in `update'

Interpreter:195:in `update'

Scene_Map:100:in `update'

Scene_Map:98:in `loop'

Scene_Map:111:in `update'

Scene_Map:67:in `main'

thepsynergist
June 21st, 2010, 11:30 PM
Did you try to call the scripts seperately, rather than both at once?

mackoo
June 22nd, 2010, 05:57 AM
Does really nobody had the same problem as me? I can't save a game on freshly downloaded starter kit. Well, I can, but the game doesn't create the save data file so after restertating it, i have only New Game option again.
I'm using Windows 7 64-bit. I tried running as Administrator, giving all permissions, coping to pulpit and my documents, but nothing helped. But other downloaded games like Pokemon Raptor or Pokemon Metalic silver have no prolems with saving game and creating save file in the folder.

JakeClowd
June 22nd, 2010, 11:45 AM
OK, I don't know if this is all ready posted yet (being there are 300 pages and I don't want to read all of them) But can someone help me.

I need a way to connect the cities on my map to the areas they relate to. I find it kind of akward the you made the map a separate script instead of a map in the game. Please help me.

Basicly, I want to fly to a place when I click that on the map.

Maruno
June 22nd, 2010, 01:22 PM
OK, I don't know if this is all ready posted yet (being there are 300 pages and I don't want to read all of them) But can someone help me.

I need a way to connect the cities on my map to the areas they relate to. I find it kind of akward the you made the map a separate script instead of a map in the game. Please help me.

Basicly, I want to fly to a place when I click that on the map.
You mean you want to relate the game maps (the ones you walk around and talk to NPCs in) to the region map (which shows all the routes and towns in a single screen, plus a bobbing head showing where the player currently is)?

There are two parts to this. The first is setting Fly destinations. These are called healing spots in Essentials for some unknown reason. Information can be found on the wiki (http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Region_map).

The second part is setting each map's metadata such that the player's current position is shown properly when you look at the Town Map. This is called the MapPosition, and again, there's information on the wiki (http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Maps) about it. Note that a map intended to cover multiple squares in the Town Map (e.g. long routes, big cities) are still only allowed one position, so you'll just need to pick the best one (or split all your maps up and have "Goldenrod City North"-type messages pop up every so often - you can disable those for specific map transitions, but it's a bit tricky).

That's all there is to it, as surprising as it is.

XD003
June 22nd, 2010, 02:08 PM
Okay, so, I don't know how to get Waterfall or Fly working out of battle. Anyone have a clue as to why? Also, if anyone has a clue how to make those work, can it be put up on the Wiki? I couldn't find anything there either.

Jlev12
June 22nd, 2010, 04:36 PM
Still havent found help for my problem, look a few posts up.

thepsynergist
June 22nd, 2010, 05:48 PM
Still havent found help for my problem, look a few posts up.

The error is telling you the the Pokegear script either doesn't exist, or it isn't being called or handled properly.

I may know what the problem is, just not how to fix it.

Peeky Chew
June 23rd, 2010, 03:25 AM
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/5967/errorma.png
Ok, this is pretty hard to explain. At the top I've set these two maps to connect because they use different tile sets. The one at the bottom has a fog but the one at the top doesn't, because when they both do the fogs over lap.
In the screens below you can see that on the top map, when you walk up to that point the fog dissappears. Why?

KingCharizard
June 23rd, 2010, 06:54 AM
My only answer is the fog graphic isn't big enough...

Colbex
June 23rd, 2010, 08:50 AM
I suppose you could try increasing the zoom a little bit. That might fix the problem.

Maruno
June 23rd, 2010, 09:49 AM
Okay, so, I don't know how to get Waterfall or Fly working out of battle. Anyone have a clue as to why? Also, if anyone has a clue how to make those work, can it be put up on the Wiki? I couldn't find anything there either.
In what way don't they work? Are they just saying "you can't use this here", or is there an error message, or can you simply not trigger their use whatever you do?

These two moves are quite unique, in that they use properties and information in particular ways. Waterfall uses certain terrain tags to determine whether the player is at the top or bottom of a waterfall (or otherwise), and Fly uses destination points defined in the PBS file townmap.txt.

I have no experience of using Waterfall, so I can't help with that. As for Fly, make sure the Healing Spots (http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Region_map) are recorded in regionmap.txt. There's not much more I can suggest with such vague information.

Oh, and make sure one of your Pokémon knows the move, and that you have the right Gym Badge for it.

XD003
June 23rd, 2010, 01:44 PM
In what way don't they work? Are they just saying "you can't use this here", or is there an error message, or can you simply not trigger their use whatever you do?

These two moves are quite unique, in that they use properties and information in particular ways. Waterfall uses certain terrain tags to determine whether the player is at the top or bottom of a waterfall (or otherwise), and Fly uses destination points defined in the PBS file townmap.txt.

I have no experience of using Waterfall, so I can't help with that. As for Fly, make sure the Healing Spots (http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Region_map) are recorded in regionmap.txt. There's not much more I can suggest with such vague information.

Oh, and make sure one of your Pokémon knows the move, and that you have the right Gym Badge for it.

Error messages for both. I posted the waterfall one here before. I'll repost it at the bottom. As for Fly, I had a Pokemon with fly, and I flew back to the test map to see if Fly would work. It gave me an error, like Waterfall did.

Pokemon Essentials

OK

Maruno
June 23rd, 2010, 02:07 PM
Error messages for both. I posted the waterfall one here before. I'll repost it at the bottom. As for Fly, I had a Pokemon with fly, and I flew back to the test map to see if Fly would work. It gave me an error, like Waterfall did.

Pokemon Essentials

OK
To fix the waterfall thing, look in PokemonHiddenMoves for two instances of the following line:

terrain=Kernel.pbFacingTerrainTag(nil,event)They should be at lines 334 and 353, in waterfall-looking defs. Remove the red bit from each of them.

I'm not sure what poccil was trying to do there, but clearly he didn't follow through with it.

I can't see why Fly doesn't work. Not having the actual error message is a hindrance. It could be a problem with the example maps - perhaps the fly data is wrong or missing (although I kinda doubt that). There's no easy way to tell what's going on with Fly. Give us the actual error message, and I might be able to tell something from it.

This is why people should learn to read the error messages.

Steevie88
June 23rd, 2010, 02:26 PM
Hi, how can I make an animated Title screen?
I want a Title screen like the old gold and silver version ... with a flying pokémon animation (endless animation) and if i press enter it goes to the main menu.
I am helpless :/

XD003
June 23rd, 2010, 02:45 PM
To fix the waterfall thing, look in PokemonHiddenMoves for two instances of the following line:

terrain=Kernel.pbFacingTerrainTag(nil,event)They should be at lines 334 and 353, in waterfall-looking defs. Remove the red bit from each of them.

I'm not sure what poccil was trying to do there, but clearly he didn't follow through with it.

I can't see why Fly doesn't work. Not having the actual error message is a hindrance. It could be a problem with the example maps - perhaps the fly data is wrong or missing (although I kinda doubt that). There's no easy way to tell what's going on with Fly. Give us the actual error message, and I might be able to tell something from it.

This is why people should learn to read the error messages.

I do read the error messages, it's just I have serious problems understanding it. Also, for some reason, Fly IS working now. When I first tried it, for some reason it didn't work. I tried it again, and it is now. Dunno why. I'll try the Waterfall script out and see if it works. Also, Waterfall is now working. Thanks x.x

Colbex
June 23rd, 2010, 07:46 PM
Alright so I've had this issue for awhile now and for the likes of me I can't can't comprehend what's going on. The Em, R/S, and FRLG fonts work perfectly. However, my DP font ignores spacing on any screen. I was planning on using the DP as the default and removing the RS and Em fonts too, as they cause some of the dex entries to run off the page. I checked the font file itself and compared it to another version where the problem didn't exist and the font files are identical(aside from one being named Power Clear and the other being the original Pokemon DP). Anyway, I replaced the newer version with the older forcing me to edit a line or two (just a piece in options and in sprite window) and I still had the same problem.
Here's a comparison. Images on the left are of the FRLG font, while those on the right are of the DP.
http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt125/SupaTai/capture005-3.jpghttp://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt125/SupaTai/capture002-1.jpg
http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt125/SupaTai/capture003-3.jpghttp://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt125/SupaTai/capture000-3.jpg

thepsynergist
June 23rd, 2010, 09:00 PM
Your Pokedex is cool.

On another note, I've never been able to get the DP fonts to work, I just had Emerald by default.

Zadow
June 24th, 2010, 01:41 AM
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/3006/capture104.png
Okay so really simple question, and I'd appreciate it if someone could help me, shouldn't take more than a few minutes to tell me :)
as you can see I'm messing with the designs of the HP bars and Text boxes and stuff, I want to change the font colour, at least on the HP boxes, because obviously isn't very clear right now. I want to change it to a white-ish colour, or just something more visible, I'm almost certain there is a colour setting in the script somewhere I just want to know where. :] any help is appreaciated.

Cilerba
June 24th, 2010, 04:05 AM
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/3006/capture104.png
Okay so really simple question, and I'd appreciate it if someone could help me, shouldn't take more than a few minutes to tell me :)
as you can see I'm messing with the designs of the HP bars and Text boxes and stuff, I want to change the font colour, at least on the HP boxes, because obviously isn't very clear right now. I want to change it to a white-ish colour, or just something more visible, I'm almost certain there is a colour setting in the script somewhere I just want to know where. :] any help is appreaciated.

That's easy peasy. Go to the script PokeBattle_ActualScene.
At lines 1001 and 1002, you should see:
BOXTEXTBASECOLOR=Color.new(64,64,64)
BOXTEXTSHADOWCOLOR=Color.new(216,208,176)

Replace those two lines with

BOXTEXTBASECOLOR=Color.new(248,248,248)
BOXTEXTSHADOWCOLOR=Color.new(104,88,112)

Zadow
June 24th, 2010, 07:36 PM
That's easy peasy. Go to the script PokeBattle_ActualScene.
At lines 1001 and 1002, you should see:
BOXTEXTBASECOLOR=Color.new(64,64,64)
BOXTEXTSHADOWCOLOR=Color.new(216,208,176)Replace those two lines with

BOXTEXTBASECOLOR=Color.new(248,248,248)
BOXTEXTSHADOWCOLOR=Color.new(104,88,112)

Thank you very much :cer_boogie:
I knew it was something like that, I just wasn't sure exactly where it was -_-;
Okay, I've got one more question, and then I promise I'll go away :p
This one may not be so straight forward, and this time I've got no clue how to do it.
Okay so, when the player walks through grass, it shows a little grass puft animation, with it moving, what I want to know is how I could impliment like the original grass animation the one that stays over the player when standing still on the grass? I've seen many other games do it in a similar way, but I'm not sure how :S
Thanks for reading.

Lets just borrow a screenshot from Pokemon Uraniam, made be ~JV~. (I'm sorry if this bothers you, I needed an example) Below you'll see OWs Standing in the grass, covering their feet, this is a good example of what I mean.
http://i41.tinypic.com/2u5yu1e.png
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/8452/capture127.png
and here is an example of my game with the character, creepily standing on the grass and not in it.

Colbex
June 24th, 2010, 08:18 PM
In the database, under the tilesets tab, beneath the priority button, you should see bush flag. Select bush flag, now select any tiles you want to have this effect. In your case and in most for that matter, this would be grass.

Cilerba
June 24th, 2010, 08:28 PM
In the database, under the tilesets tab, beneath the priority button, you should see bush flag. Select bush flag, now select any tiles you want to have this effect. In your case and in most for that matter, this would be grass.

He also needs to set the Terrain tag to 2 for the leaf effect.

Zadow
June 24th, 2010, 08:37 PM

Thank you! :O
That's exactly what I was asking about ^.^
It works! :cer_boogie:

@Cilerba
Yes, I already knew about the terrain tags, :p and I'm a girl.

Thank you very much for all your help :cer_wink:

Cilerba
June 24th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Thank you! :O
That's exactly what I was asking about ^.^
It works! :cer_boogie:

@Cilerba
Yes, I already knew about the terrain tags, :p and I'm a girl.

Thank you very much for all your help :cer_wink:

Y'know, I had that in mind while I was typing
"Hmm, maybe I shouldn't put 'he'."
Sorry about that :/

Zadow
June 24th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Y'know, I had that in mind while I was typing
"Hmm, maybe I shouldn't put 'he'."
Sorry about that :/

Nah it's okay :p I'm use to it over the internet, everyone thinks Zadow sounds so much like a guy's nickname. Anyways
I know I said I'd go away, but I've got another question *Pouts* Okay, so...Is there a reason why the bag in essentials is all messed up?
Details, right, uhm, Several pockets are missing images and Items going in the wrong pockets and the inability to alocate items for the last few pockets via PBS data? I'm not sure what version of essentials I'm using. Does the latest version have this problem? (I think the latest is 7th of something)
Sorry for all the questions but I asume here is the place to ask all these kinds of questions.

Cilerba
June 24th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Nah it's okay :p I'm use to it over the internet, everyone thinks Zadow sounds so much like a guy's nickname. Anyways
I know I said I'd go away, but I've got another question *Pouts* Okay, so...Is there a reason why the bag in essentials is all messed up?
Details, right, uhm, Several pockets are missing images and Items going in the wrong pockets and the inability to alocate items for the last few pockets via PBS data? I'm not sure what version of essentials I'm using. Does the latest version have this problem? (I think the latest is 7th of something)
Sorry for all the questions but I asume here is the place to ask all these kinds of questions.

Well, would you mind showing us a screenshot of what's happening?
And have you changed anything script-wise? (Besides the HP text in the battle system)

Colbex
June 24th, 2010, 09:03 PM
The missing images is because Poccil's updated the bag screen to have multiple pockets similar to the 4th generation games. (Items, Berries, Medicine, Battle Items, PokeBalls, ect) while the game images themself come straight from emerald. There's no images for those pockets because those new pockets didn't exist in the 3rd generation. I'm using the April 12th version so I can't really help you that much more. The items may be going in the right pockets for the 4th generation though.

Nodddy
June 24th, 2010, 09:08 PM
I haven't had any luck getting any other variation of Mode07 to work with this (MGCaladTogel's would have been ideal) so I'm just going to use the one included, however I can't seem to get things to stand up in 3D.

I've called setMapView(2) and it's all fine, but with other Mode07's I've been able to set terrain tags to make certain tiles 3D. Anything similar in this one?

Zadow
June 24th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Urgh, maybe, I let my older brother fiddle with some map and screen size related scripts but I don't think he reverted everything, but I doubt that would affect it, other than that, the only other script wise would be inserting Carmaniacs Menu script.

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/963/capture129png.pnghttp://img130.imageshack.us/img130/8320/capture130png.png

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/999/capture131png.pnghttp://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6388/capture132png.png

So is this problem unquie to me, should I just try and put my maps and data on a clean essentials or is this fixable some other way?
I can also probably produce to error upon startup I get by trying to allocate them to the right pocket by number of pockets in the PBS, because it just doesn't seem to think they exist but the berries in the TM case give me the options a TM does, and the Key items in the Berries Pocket give me the options Berries do :/

EDIT : Oh, well, I understand the image problem, with not having the images but, I don't get why it's put them in the wrong pockets, and not letting me alocate them to pockets beyond the original amount of pockets.

Cilerba
June 24th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Urgh, maybe, I let my older brother fiddle with some map and screen size related scripts but I don't think he reverted everything, but I doubt that would affect it, other than that, the only other script wise would be inserting Carmaniacs Menu script.

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/963/capture129png.pnghttp://img130.imageshack.us/img130/8320/capture130png.png

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/999/capture131png.pnghttp://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6388/capture132png.png

So is this problem unquie to me, should I just try and put my maps and data on a clean essentials or is this fixable some other way?
I can also probably produce to error upon startup I get by trying to allocate them to the right pocket by number of pockets in the PBS, because it just doesn't seem to think they exist but the berries in the TM case give me the options a TM does, and the Key items in the Berries Pocket give me the options Berries do :/

EDIT : Oh, well, I understand the image problem, with not having the images but, I don't get why it's put them in the wrong pockets, and not letting me alocate them to pockets beyond the original amout of pockets.

I'm not sure. Try and replace PokemonBag with this script:

class Window_PokemonBag < Window_DrawableCommand
attr_reader :pocket
attr_reader :sortIndex
def initialize(bag,pocket,x,y,width,height)
@bag=bag
@pocket=pocket
@sortIndex=-1
@adapter=PokemonMartAdapter.new
super(x,y,width,height)
self.windowskin=nil
end
def pocket=(value)
@pocket=value
thispocket=@bag.pockets[@pocket]
@item_max=thispocket.length+1
self.index=@bag.getChoice(@pocket)
refresh
end
def sortIndex=(value)
@sortIndex=value
refresh
end
def item
thispocket=@bag.pockets[self.pocket]
item=thispocket[self.index]
return item ? item[0] : 0
end
def itemCount
return @bag.pockets[self.pocket].length+1
end
def drawItem(index,count,rect)
textpos=[]
rect=drawCursor(index,rect)
ypos=rect.y
if index==@bag.pockets[self.pocket].length
textpos.push([_INTL("CLOSE BAG"),
rect.x,ypos,false,self.baseColor,self.shadowColor])
else
item=@bag.pockets[self.pocket][index][0]
itemname=@adapter.getDisplayName(item)
qty=_ISPRINTF("x{1: 2d}",@bag.pockets[self.pocket][index][1])
sizeQty=self.contents.text_size(qty).width
xQty=rect.x+rect.width-sizeQty-2
baseColor=(index==@sortIndex) ? Color.new(248,24,24) : self.baseColor
textpos.push([itemname,rect.x,ypos,false,self.baseColor,self.shadowColor])
if $ItemData[item][ITEMPOCKET]!=5
textpos.push([qty,xQty,ypos,false,baseColor,self.shadowColor])
end
end
pbDrawTextPositions(self.contents,textpos)
if index!=@bag.pockets[self.pocket].length
if self.pocket==5 && @bag.registeredItem==@bag.pockets[self.pocket][index][0]
pbDrawImagePositions(self.contents,[
["Graphics/Pictures/regitem",rect.x+rect.width-48,ypos,0,0,-1,-1]
])
end
end
end
end

class Window_PokemonItemStorage < Window_DrawableCommand
attr_reader :bag
attr_reader :pocket
attr_reader :sortIndex
def sortIndex=(value)
@sortIndex=value
refresh
end
def initialize(bag,x,y,width,height)
@bag=bag
@sortIndex=-1
@adapter=PokemonMartAdapter.new
super(x,y,width,height)
self.windowskin=nil
end
def item
item=@bag[self.index]
return item ? item[0] : 0
end
def itemCount
return @bag.length+1
end
def drawItem(index,count,rect)
textpos=[]
rect=drawCursor(index,rect)
ypos=rect.y
if index==@bag.length
textpos.push([_INTL("CANCEL"),
rect.x,ypos,false,self.baseColor,self.shadowColor])
else
item=@bag[index][0]
itemname=@adapter.getDisplayName(item)
qty=_ISPRINTF("x{1: 2d}",@bag[index][1])
sizeQty=self.contents.text_size(qty).width
xQty=rect.x+rect.width-sizeQty-2
baseColor=(index==@sortIndex) ? Color.new(248,24,24) : self.baseColor
textpos.push([itemname,rect.x,ypos,false,self.baseColor,self.shadowColor])
if $ItemData[item][ITEMPOCKET]!=5
textpos.push([qty,xQty,ypos,false,baseColor,self.shadowColor])
end
end
pbDrawTextPositions(self.contents,textpos)
end
end

######################################################

module UIHelper
# Common UI functions used in both the bag and item storage screens.
# Allows the user to choose a number. The window _helpwindow_ will
# display the _helptext_.
def self.pbChooseNumber(helpwindow,helptext,maximum)
oldvisible=helpwindow.visible
helpwindow.visible=true
helpwindow.text=helptext
helpwindow.letterbyletter=false
curnumber=1
ret=0
using(numwindow=Window_UnformattedTextPokemon.new(_INTL("x000"))){
numwindow.viewport=helpwindow.viewport
numwindow.letterbyletter=false
numwindow.text=_ISPRINTF("x{1:03d}",curnumber)
numwindow.resizeToFit(numwindow.text,480)
pbBottomRight(numwindow) # Move number window to the bottom right
helpwindow.resizeHeightToFit(helpwindow.text,480-numwindow.width)
pbBottomLeft(helpwindow) # Move help window to the bottom left
loop do
Graphics.update
Input.update
numwindow.update
block_given? ? yield : helpwindow.update
if Input.repeat?(Input::LEFT)
curnumber-=10
curnumber=1 if curnumber<1
pbPlayCursorSE()
elsif Input.repeat?(Input::RIGHT)
curnumber+=10
curnumber=maximum if curnumber>maximum
pbPlayCursorSE()
elsif Input.repeat?(Input::UP)
curnumber+=1
curnumber=1 if curnumber>maximum
pbPlayCursorSE()
elsif Input.repeat?(Input::DOWN)
curnumber-=1
curnumber=maximum if curnumber<1
pbPlayCursorSE()
elsif Input.trigger?(Input::C)
ret=curnumber
pbPlayDecisionSE()
break
elsif Input.trigger?(Input::B)
ret=0
pbPlayCancelSE()
break
end
end
}
helpwindow.visible=oldvisible
return ret
end

def self.pbDisplayStatic(msgwindow,message)
oldvisible=msgwindow.visible
msgwindow.visible=true
msgwindow.letterbyletter=false
msgwindow.width=Graphics.width
msgwindow.resizeHeightToFit(message,Graphics.width)
msgwindow.text=message
pbBottomRight(msgwindow)
loop do
Graphics.update
Input.update
if Input.trigger?(Input::B)
break
end
if Input.trigger?(Input::C)
break
end
block_given? ? yield : msgwindow.update
end
msgwindow.visible=oldvisible
Input.update
end

# Letter by letter display of the message _msg_
# by the window _helpwindow_.
def self.pbDisplay(helpwindow,msg,brief)
cw=helpwindow
cw.letterbyletter=true
cw.text=msg+"\1"
pbBottomLeftLines(cw,2)
oldvisible=cw.visible
cw.visible=true
loop do
Graphics.update
Input.update
block_given? ? yield : cw.update
if brief && !cw.busy?
cw.visible=oldvisible
return
end
if Input.trigger?(Input::C) && cw.resume && !cw.busy?
cw.visible=oldvisible
return
end
end
end

# Letter by letter display of the message _msg_
# by the window _helpwindow_, used to ask questions.
# Returns true if the user chose yes, false if no.
def self.pbConfirm(helpwindow,msg)
dw=helpwindow
oldvisible=dw.visible
dw.letterbyletter=true
dw.text=msg
dw.visible=true
pbBottomLeftLines(dw,2)
commands=[_INTL("YES"),_INTL("NO")]
cw = Window_CommandPokemon.new(commands)
cw.viewport=helpwindow.viewport
pbBottomRight(cw)
cw.y-=dw.height
cw.index=0
loop do
cw.visible=!dw.busy?
Graphics.update
Input.update
cw.update
block_given? ? yield : dw.update
if Input.trigger?(Input::B) && dw.resume && !dw.busy?
cw.dispose
dw.visible=oldvisible
pbPlayCancelSE()
return false
end
if Input.trigger?(Input::C) && dw.resume && !dw.busy?
cwIndex=cw.index
cw.dispose
dw.visible=oldvisible
pbPlayDecisionSE()
return (cwIndex==0)?true:false
end
end
end

def self.pbShowCommands(helpwindow,helptext,commands)
ret=-1
oldvisible=helpwindow.visible
helpwindow.visible=helptext ? true : false
helpwindow.letterbyletter=false
helpwindow.text=helptext ? helptext : ""
cmdwindow=Window_CommandPokemon.new(commands)
begin
cmdwindow.viewport=helpwindow.viewport
pbBottomRight(cmdwindow)
helpwindow.resizeHeightToFit(helpwindow.text,480-cmdwindow.width)
pbBottomLeft(helpwindow)
loop do
Graphics.update
Input.update
yield
cmdwindow.update
ret=-1
pbPlayCancelSE()
break
end
ret=cmdwindow.index
pbPlayDecisionSE()
break
end
end
ensure
cmdwindow.dispose if cmdwindow
end
helpwindow.visible=oldvisible
return ret
end

end

class PokemonBag_Scene

#################################
## Configuration
ITEMLISTBASECOLOR=Color.new(72,72,72)
ITEMLISTSHADOWCOLOR=Color.new(208,208,208)
ITEMTEXTBASECOLOR=Color.new(31*8,31*8,31*8)
ITEMTEXTSHADOWCOLOR=Color.new(12*8,12*8,12*8)
POCKETNAMEBASECOLOR=Color.new(31*8,31*8,31*8)
POCKETNAMESHADOWCOLOR=Color.new(12*8,12*8,12*8)
ITEMSVISIBLE=6

def update
pbUpdateSpriteHash(@sprites)
end

def pbStartScene(bag)
@viewport=Viewport.new(0,0,Graphics.width,Graphics.height)
@viewport.z=99999
@bag=bag
@sprites={}
lastpocket=@bag.lastpocket
lastitem=@bag.getChoice(lastpocket)
@sprites["background"]=IconSprite.new(0,0,@viewport)
@sprites["background"].setBitmap("Graphics/Pictures/bagscreen2")
@sprites["leftarrow"]=AnimatedSprite.new("Graphics/Pictures/leftarrow",8,40,28,2,@viewport)
@sprites["rightarrow"]=AnimatedSprite.new("Graphics/Pictures/rightarrow",8,40,28,2,@viewport)
@sprites["leftarrow"].play
@sprites["rightarrow"].play
@sprites["bag"]=IconSprite.new(16,72,@viewport)
@sprites["icon"]=IconSprite.new(16,248,@viewport)
@sprites["itemwindow"]=Window_PokemonBag.new(@bag,lastpocket,160,0,304,32+ITEMSVISIBLE*32)
@sprites["itemwindow"].viewport=@viewport
@sprites["itemwindow"].pocket=lastpocket
@sprites["itemwindow"].index=lastitem
@sprites["itemwindow"].baseColor=ITEMLISTBASECOLOR
@sprites["itemwindow"].shadowColor=ITEMLISTSHADOWCOLOR
@sprites["itemwindow"].refresh
@sprites["pocketwindow"]=BitmapSprite.new(176,64,@viewport)
pbSetSystemFont(@sprites["pocketwindow"].bitmap)
@sprites["itemtextwindow"]=Window_UnformattedTextPokemon.new("")
@sprites["itemtextwindow"].x=64
@sprites["itemtextwindow"].y=208
@sprites["itemtextwindow"].width=Graphics.width-64
@sprites["itemtextwindow"].height=128
@sprites["itemtextwindow"].baseColor=ITEMTEXTBASECOLOR
@sprites["itemtextwindow"].shadowColor=ITEMTEXTSHADOWCOLOR
@sprites["itemtextwindow"].visible=true
@sprites["itemtextwindow"].viewport=@viewport
@sprites["itemtextwindow"].windowskin=nil
@sprites["helpwindow"]=Window_UnformattedTextPokemon.new("")
@sprites["helpwindow"].visible=false
@sprites["helpwindow"].viewport=@viewport
@sprites["msgwindow"]=Window_AdvancedTextPokemon.new("")
@sprites["msgwindow"].visible=false
@sprites["msgwindow"].viewport=@viewport
pbBottomLeftLines(@sprites["helpwindow"],1)
pbDeactivateWindows(@sprites)
pbRefresh
pbFadeInAndShow(@sprites)
end

def pbEndScene
pbFadeOutAndHide(@sprites)
pbDisposeSpriteHash(@sprites)
@viewport.dispose
end

def pbChooseNumber(helptext,maximum)
return UIHelper.pbChooseNumber(
@sprites["helpwindow"],helptext,maximum) { update }
end

def pbDisplay(msg,brief=false)
UIHelper.pbDisplay(
@sprites["msgwindow"],msg,brief) { update }
end

def pbConfirm(msg)
UIHelper.pbConfirm(
@sprites["msgwindow"],msg) { update }
end

def pbShowCommands(helptext,commands)
return UIHelper.pbShowCommands(
@sprites["helpwindow"],helptext,commands) { update }
end

def pbRefresh
bm=@sprites["pocketwindow"].bitmap
bm.clear
name=PokemonBag.pocketNames()[@bag.lastpocket]
# Set the bitmap for the currently selected bag
@sprites["bag"].setBitmap("Graphics/Pictures/Bag#{@bag.lastpocket}")
base=POCKETNAMEBASECOLOR
shadow=POCKETNAMESHADOWCOLOR
# Draw the pocket name on the upper left corner
# of the screen
pbDrawTextPositions(bm,[
[name,bm.width/2,16,2,base,shadow]
])
# Reset positions of left/right arrows around the bag
@sprites["leftarrow"].x=-4
@sprites["leftarrow"].y=128
@sprites["rightarrow"].x=124
@sprites["rightarrow"].y=128
itemwindow=@sprites["itemwindow"]
# Set the icon for the currently selected item
filename=sprintf("Graphics/Icons/item%03d",itemwindow.item)
@sprites["icon"].setBitmap(filename)
# Display the item's description
@sprites["itemtextwindow"].text=(itemwindow.item==0) ? _INTL("Close bag.") :
pbGetMessage(MessageTypes::ItemDescriptions,itemwindow.item)
# Refresh the item window
itemwindow.refresh
end

# Called when the item screen wants an item to be chosen
# from the screen
def pbChooseItem
itemwindow.refresh
sorting=false
sortindex=-1
pbActivateWindow(@sprites,"itemwindow"){
loop do
Graphics.update
Input.update
olditem=itemwindow.item
oldindex=itemwindow.index
self.update
if itemwindow.item!=olditem
# Update item icon and description
@sprites["itemtextwindow"].text=(itemwindow.item==0) ? _INTL("Close bag.") :
end
if itemwindow.index!=oldindex
# Update selected item for current pocket
@bag.setChoice(itemwindow.pocket,itemwindow.index)
end
# Change pockets if Left/Right pressed
numpockets=PokemonBag.numPockets
if Input.trigger?(Input::LEFT)
itemwindow.pocket=(itemwindow.pocket==1) ? numpockets : itemwindow.pocket-1
@bag.lastpocket=itemwindow.pocket
pbRefresh
elsif Input.trigger?(Input::RIGHT)
itemwindow.pocket=(itemwindow.pocket==numpockets) ? 1 : itemwindow.pocket+1
@bag.lastpocket=itemwindow.pocket
pbRefresh
end
# Select item for switching if A is pressed
if Input.trigger?(Input::A)
thispocket=@bag.pockets[itemwindow.pocket]
if itemwindow.index<thispocket.length
sortindex=itemwindow.index
sorting=true
@sprites["itemwindow"].sortIndex=sortindex
else
next
end
end
# Cancel switching or cancel the item screen
if sorting
sorting=false
@sprites["itemwindow"].sortIndex=-1
else
return 0
end
end
# Confirm selection or item switch
thispocket=@bag.pockets[itemwindow.pocket]
if itemwindow.index<thispocket.length
if sorting
sorting=false
tmp=thispocket[itemwindow.index]
thispocket[itemwindow.index]=thispocket[sortindex]
thispocket[sortindex]=tmp
@sprites["itemwindow"].sortIndex=-1
next
else
pbRefresh
return thispocket[itemwindow.index][0]
end
else
return 0
end
end
end
}
end

end

class ItemStorageScene

## Configuration
ITEMLISTBASECOLOR=Color.new(72,72,72)
ITEMLISTSHADOWCOLOR=Color.new(208,208,208)
ITEMTEXTBASECOLOR=Color.new(31*8,31*8,31*8)
ITEMTEXTSHADOWCOLOR=Color.new(12*8,12*8,12*8)
TITLEBASECOLOR=Color.new(31*8,31*8,31*8)
TITLESHADOWCOLOR=Color.new(12*8,12*8,12*8)
ITEMSVISIBLE=6

def initialize(title)
@title=title
end

def update
pbUpdateSpriteHash(@sprites)
end

def pbStartScene(bag)
@viewport=Viewport.new(0,0,Graphics.width,Graphics.height)
@viewport.z=99999
@bag=bag
@sprites={}
@sprites["background"]=IconSprite.new(0,0,@viewport)
@sprites["background"].setBitmap("Graphics/Pictures/pcitembg")
@sprites["icon"]=IconSprite.new(16,248,@viewport)
# Item list
@sprites["itemwindow"]=Window_PokemonItemStorage.new(@bag,96,0,304,32+ITEMSVISIBLE*32)
@sprites["itemwindow"].viewport=@viewport
@sprites["itemwindow"].index=0
@sprites["itemwindow"].baseColor=ITEMLISTBASECOLOR
@sprites["itemwindow"].shadowColor=ITEMLISTSHADOWCOLOR
@sprites["itemwindow"].refresh
# Title
@sprites["pocketwindow"]=BitmapSprite.new(88,64,@viewport)
@sprites["pocketwindow"].x=16
@sprites["pocketwindow"].y=16
pbSetNarrowFont(@sprites["pocketwindow"].bitmap)
# Item description
@sprites["itemtextwindow"]=Window_UnformattedTextPokemon.newWithSize("",64,208,480-64,128,@viewport)
@sprites["itemtextwindow"].baseColor=ITEMTEXTBASECOLOR
@sprites["itemtextwindow"].shadowColor=ITEMTEXTSHADOWCOLOR
@sprites["itemtextwindow"].windowskin=nil
@sprites["helpwindow"]=Window_UnformattedTextPokemon.new("")
@sprites["helpwindow"].viewport=@viewport
# Letter-by-letter message window
@sprites["msgwindow"]=Window_AdvancedTextPokemon.new("")
@sprites["msgwindow"].visible=false
@sprites["msgwindow"].viewport=@viewport
pbBottomLeftLines(@sprites["helpwindow"],1)
pbDeactivateWindows(@sprites)
pbRefresh
pbFadeInAndShow(@sprites)
end

def pbEndScene
pbFadeOutAndHide(@sprites)
pbDisposeSpriteHash(@sprites)
@viewport.dispose
end

def pbRefresh
bm=@sprites["pocketwindow"].bitmap
# Draw title at upper left corner ("Toss Item/Withdraw Item")
drawTextEx(bm,0,0,bm.width,2,@title,
TITLEBASECOLOR,
TITLESHADOWCOLOR
)
@sprites["itemtextwindow"].text=(itemwindow.item==0) ? _INTL("Close storage.") :
itemwindow.refresh
end

def pbChooseItem
itemwindow.refresh
pbActivateWindow(@sprites,"itemwindow"){
loop do
Graphics.update
Input.update
olditem=itemwindow.item
self.update
if itemwindow.item!=olditem
self.pbRefresh
end
return 0
end
if itemwindow.index<@bag.length
pbRefresh
return @bag[itemwindow.index][0]
else
return 0
end
end
end
}
end
def pbChooseNumber(helptext,maximum)
return UIHelper.pbChooseNumber(
@sprites["helpwindow"],helptext,maximum) { update }
end

def pbDisplay(msg,brief=false)
UIHelper.pbDisplay(
@sprites["msgwindow"],msg,brief) { update }
end

def pbConfirm(msg)
UIHelper.pbConfirm(
@sprites["msgwindow"],msg) { update }
end

def pbShowCommands(helptext,commands)
return UIHelper.pbShowCommands(
@sprites["helpwindow"],helptext,commands) { update }
end

end

class WithdrawItemScene < ItemStorageScene
def initialize
super(_INTL("WITHDRAW\nITEM"))
end
end

class TossItemScene < ItemStorageScene
def initialize
super(_INTL("TOSS\nITEM"))
end
end

class PokemonBag
attr_reader :registeredItem
attr_accessor :lastpocket
attr_reader :pockets
def self.pocketNames()
return ["",
_INTL("Items"),_INTL("Pokeballs"),
_INTL("TMs & HMs"),_INTL("Berries"),
_INTL("Key Items")
]
end
def self.numPockets()
return self.pocketNames().length-1
end
MAXPERSLOT=99 # Maximum number of items per item slot
MAXPOCKETSIZE=[0,256,-1,-1,-1,-1] # Maximum size per pocket
def initialize
@lastpocket=1
@pockets=[]
@choices=[]
# Initialize each pocket of the array
for i in 0..PokemonBag.numPockets
@pockets[i]=[]
@choices[i]=0
end
@registeredItem=0
end
# Gets the index of the current selected item in the pocket
def getChoice(pocket)
if pocket<=0 || pocket>PokemonBag.numPockets
raise ArgumentError.new(_INTL("Invalid pocket: {1}",pocket.inspect))
end
return @choices[pocket] || 0
end
# Clears the entire bag
def clear
for pocket in @pockets
pocket.clear
end
end
# Sets the index of the current selected item in the pocket
def setChoice(pocket,value)
if pocket<=0 || pocket>PokemonBag.numPockets
raise ArgumentError.new(_INTL("Invalid pocket: {1}",pocket.inspect))
end
if value<@pockets[pocket].length
@choices[pocket]=value
end
end
# Registers the item as a key item. Can be retrieved with $PokemonBag.registeredItem
def pbRegisterKeyItem(item)
if item!=@registeredItem
@registeredItem=item
else
@registeredItem=0
end
end
def pbQuantity(item)
pocket=$ItemData[item][ITEMPOCKET]
maxsize=MAXPOCKETSIZE[pocket]
maxsize=@pockets[pocket].length if maxsize<0
return ItemStorageHelper.pbQuantity(
@pockets[pocket],maxsize,item)
end
def pbDeleteItem(item,qty=1)
maxsize=@pockets[pocket].length if maxsize<0
ret=ItemStorageHelper.pbDeleteItem(
@pockets[pocket],maxsize,item,qty)
if ret
@registeredItem=0 if @registeredItem==item
end
return ret
end
def pbCanStore?(item,qty=1)
maxsize=@pockets[pocket].length+1 if maxsize<0
return ItemStorageHelper.pbCanStore?(
@pockets[pocket],maxsize,MAXPERSLOT,item,qty)
end
def pbStoreItem(item,qty=1)
maxsize=@pockets[pocket].length+1 if maxsize<0
return ItemStorageHelper.pbStoreItem(
@pockets[pocket],maxsize,MAXPERSLOT,item,qty)
end
end

class PCItemStorage
MAXSIZE=50
MAXPERSLOT=999
def initialize
@items=[]
# Start storage with a Potion
if hasConst?(PBItems,:POTION)
ItemStorageHelper.pbStoreItem(
@items,MAXSIZE,MAXPERSLOT,getConst(PBItems,:POTION),1)
end
end
def empty?
return @items.length==0
end
def length
@items.length
end
def [](i)
@items[i]
end
def getItem(index)
if index<0 || index>=@items.length
return 0
else
return @items[index][0]
end
end
def getCount(index)
if index<0 || index>=@items.length
return 0
else
return @items[index][1]
end
end
def pbQuantity(item)
return ItemStorageHelper.pbQuantity(
@items,MAXSIZE,item)
end
def pbDeleteItem(item,qty=1)
return ItemStorageHelper.pbDeleteItem(
@items,MAXSIZE,item,qty)
end
def pbCanStore?(item,qty=1)
return ItemStorageHelper.pbCanStore?(
@items,MAXSIZE,MAXPERSLOT,item,qty)
end
def pbStoreItem(item,qty=1)
return ItemStorageHelper.pbStoreItem(
@items,MAXSIZE,MAXPERSLOT,item,qty)
end
end

class PokemonBagScreen
def initialize(scene,bag)
@bag=bag
@scene=scene
end
def pbDisplay(text)
@scene.pbDisplay(text)
end
def pbConfirm(text)
return @scene.pbConfirm(text)
end
# UI logic for the item screen when an item is to be held by a Pokémon.
def pbGiveItemScreen
@scene.pbStartScene(@bag)
item=0
loop do
item=@scene.pbChooseItem
break if item==0
itemname=PBItems.getName(item)
# Key items and hidden machines can't be held
if pbIsImportantItem?(item)
@scene.pbDisplay(_INTL("The {1} can't be held.",itemname))
next
else
break
end
end
@scene.pbEndScene
return item
end
# UI logic for the item screen for choosing a Berry
def pbChooseBerryScreen
oldlastpocket=@bag.lastpocket
@bag.lastpocket=4
item=0
loop do
item=@scene.pbChooseItem
break if item==0
if $ItemData[item][ITEMPOCKET]!=4
@scene.pbDisplay(_INTL("That's not a Berry.",itemname))
next
else
break
end
end
@scene.pbEndScene
@bag.lastpocket=oldlastpocket
return item
end
# UI logic for tossing an item in the item screen.
def pbTossItemScreen
if !$PokemonGlobal.pcItemStorage
$PokemonGlobal.pcItemStorage=PCItemStorage.new
end
storage=$PokemonGlobal.pcItemStorage
@scene.pbStartScene(storage)
loop do
item=@scene.pbChooseItem
break if item==0
if pbIsImportantItem?(item)
@scene.pbDisplay(_INTL("That's too important to toss out!"))
next
end
qty=storage.pbQuantity(item)
if qty>1
qty=@scene.pbChooseNumber(_INTL("Toss out how many {1}(s)?",itemname),qty)
end
if qty>0
if pbConfirm(_INTL("Is it OK to throw away {1} {2}(s)?",qty,itemname))
if !storage.pbDeleteItem(item,qty)
raise "Can't delete items from storage"
end
pbDisplay(_INTL("Threw away {1} {2}(s).",qty,itemname))
end
end
end
@scene.pbEndScene
end
# UI logic for withdrawing an item in the item screen.
def pbWithdrawItemScreen
end
@scene.pbStartScene(storage)
loop do
item=@scene.pbChooseItem
break if item==0
commands=[_INTL("WITHDRAW"),_INTL("GIVE"),_INTL("CANCEL")]
command=@scene.pbShowCommands(_INTL("{1} is selected.",itemname),commands)
if command==0
qty=storage.pbQuantity(item)
if qty>1
qty=@scene.pbChooseNumber(_INTL("How many do you want to withdraw?"),qty)
end
if qty>0
if !@bag.pbCanStore?(item,qty)
pbDisplay(_INTL("There's no more room in the Bag."))
else
pbDisplay(_INTL("Withdrew {1} {2}(s).",qty,itemname))
if !storage.pbDeleteItem(item,qty)
raise "Can't delete items from storage"
end
if !@bag.pbStoreItem(item,qty)
raise "Can't withdraw items from storage"
end
end
end
elsif command==1 # Give
if $Trainer.pokemonCount==0
@scene.pbDisplay(_INTL("There is no Pokémon."))
return 0
elsif pbIsImportantItem?(item)
else
pbFadeOutIn(99999){
sscene=PokemonScreen_Scene.new
sscreen=PokemonScreen.new(sscene,$Trainer.party)
if sscreen.pbPokemonGiveScreen(item)
# If the item was held, delete the item from storage
if !storage.pbDeleteItem(item,1)
raise "Can't delete item from storage"
end
end
@scene.pbRefresh
}
end
end
end
@scene.pbEndScene
end
# UI logic for depositing an item in the item screen.
def pbDepositItemScreen
end
item=0
loop do
item=@scene.pbChooseItem
break if item==0
qty=@bag.pbQuantity(item)
if qty>1
qty=@scene.pbChooseNumber(_INTL("How many do you want to deposit?"),qty)
end
if qty>0
if !storage.pbCanStore?(item,qty)
pbDisplay(_INTL("There's no room to store items."))
else
pbDisplay(_INTL("Deposited {1} {2}(s).",qty,itemname))
if !@bag.pbDeleteItem(item,qty)
raise "Can't delete items from bag"
end
if !storage.pbStoreItem(item,qty)
raise "Can't deposit items to storage"
end
end
end
end
@scene.pbEndScene
end
def pbStartScreen
item=0
loop do
item=@scene.pbChooseItem
break if item==0
cmdUse=-1
cmdTag=-1
cmdRegister=-1
cmdGive=-1
cmdToss=-1
cmdCheck=-1
commands=[]
# Generate command list depending on current pocket
case pocket
when 1 # Items
if pbIsMail?(item)
commands[cmdCheck=commands.length]=_INTL("CHECK")
commands[cmdGive=commands.length]=_INTL("GIVE") if $Trainer.party.length>0
commands[cmdToss=commands.length]=_INTL("TOSS")
commands[commands.length]=_INTL("CANCEL")
else
commands[cmdUse=commands.length]=_INTL("USE")
end
when 2 # Balls
when 3 # Machines
when 4 # Berries
commands[cmdTag=commands.length]=_INTL("CHECK TAG")
when 5 # Key Items
if @bag.registeredItem==item
commands[cmdRegister=commands.length]=_INTL("DESELECT")
else
commands[cmdRegister=commands.length]=_INTL("REGISTER")
end
end
# Show commands generated above
itemname=PBItems.getName(item) # Get item name
command=@scene.pbShowCommands(_INTL("{1} is selected.",itemname),commands)
if cmdUse>=0 && command==cmdUse
ret=pbUseItem(@bag,item)
# ret==0: Item wasn't used; ret==1: Item was used
if ret==2 # End screen
break
end
@scene.pbRefresh
next
elsif cmdCheck>=0 && command==cmdCheck
pbFadeOutIn(99999){
pbDisplayMail(PokemonMail.new(item,"",""))
}
elsif cmdTag>=0 && command==cmdTag # Berry tag
elsif cmdRegister>=0 && command==cmdRegister # Register key item
@bag.pbRegisterKeyItem(item)
@scene.pbRefresh
elsif cmdGive>=0 && command==cmdGive # Give item to Pokémon
if $Trainer.pokemonCount==0
@scene.pbDisplay(_INTL("There is no Pokémon."))
elsif pbIsImportantItem?(item)
else
# Give item to a Pokémon
pbFadeOutIn(99999){
sscene=PokemonScreen_Scene.new
sscreen=PokemonScreen.new(sscene,$Trainer.party)
sscreen.pbPokemonGiveScreen(item)
@scene.pbRefresh
}
end
elsif cmdToss>=0 && command==cmdToss
qty=@bag.pbQuantity(item)
helptext=_INTL("Toss out how many {1}(s)?",itemname)
qty=@scene.pbChooseNumber(helptext,qty)
if qty>0
if pbConfirm(_INTL("Is it OK to throw away {1} {2}(s)?",qty,itemname))
pbDisplay(_INTL("Threw away {1} {2}(s).",qty,itemname))
qty.times { @bag.pbDeleteItem(item) }
end
end
end
end
@scene.pbEndScene
return item
end
end

Zadow
June 24th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Right, so this is the old bag?
Well, it works perfectly fine, and I've no complaints, don't need extra pockets really... :p
Thank you for the help Cilerba and Colbex ^.^
:cer_wink:
Oh I'm just full of questions aren't I? I promise I'll reward you *Shows you cookies*
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/3640/capture129.png
Okay, this isn't really from the base of essentials problem, it's just with Carmaniac's script
Everytime I'm near the edge of a map connection and I open this menu, the map next to it turns black, and when I close it, reverts to normal, any idea why? I could show you the script, but I'd prefer it was via PM I'd rather I didn't randomly have anyone steal it.
I understand perfectly if you can't help me with this one.

Colbex
June 24th, 2010, 09:28 PM
I have no clue, but considering it is Carmaniac's the best thing to do is to probably ask him. x_X

Zadow
June 24th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Yeah I guess -_-; he's not around too much, or let alone my time zone :/
Thank you very much for all the help on all the questions ^.^
*Dissapears to do things*

Cilerba
June 24th, 2010, 09:43 PM
Right, so this is the old bag?
Well, it works perfectly fine, and I've no complaints, don't need extra pockets really... :p
Thank you for the help Cilerba and Colbex ^.^
:cer_wink:
Oh I'm just full of questions aren't I? I promise I'll reward you *Shows you cookies*
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/3640/capture129.png
Okay, this isn't really from the base of essentials problem, it's just with Carmaniac's script
Everytime I'm near the edge of a map connection and I open this menu, the map next to it turns black, and when I close it, reverts to normal, any idea why? I could show you the script, but I'd prefer it was via PM I'd rather I didn't randomly have anyone steal it.
I understand perfectly if you can't help me with this one.

I'll add you on MSN and we can chat there. Right now, we're cluttering the thread.

Pokeman298
June 25th, 2010, 08:27 AM
Ummm... Hello. I need 3 things that would be helpful.

1. Could someone tell me how to make an animated intro like all the other pokemon games? (The intro before the title.)

2.Could someone give me hg/ss and dpp sprites (character tile sets)?
I'm new to spriting and I don't know how, so if someone could help me, that would be great.

3.I want to put the move graphics, but I don't know how.

I know that this is a lot to ask for, but If someone could help me, I'd be very thankful.

Cilerba
June 25th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Ummm... Hello. I need 3 things that would be helpful.

1. Could someone tell me how to make an animated intro like all the other pokemon games? (The intro before the title.)

2.Could someone give me hg/ss and dpp sprites (character tile sets)?
I'm new to spriting and I don't know how, so if someone could help me, that would be great.

3.I want to put the move graphics, but I don't know how.

I know that this is a lot to ask for, but If someone could help me, I'd be very thankful.

1) Read the notes.
2) Check the resource section.
3) I have no idea what you're talking about.

Pokeman298
June 25th, 2010, 02:10 PM
1) Read the notes.
forget number 3, thank you for the help man!

Fraot
June 25th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Bah, nobody helped. I'll forget about my doubt for now.
BUT, I have another issue: On the notes.html file, I read about the regional numbers of pokémon, which were a comma-separated list of numbers.
Like this:
RegionalNumbers=1,200,400
I guessed I could put them like that, since the first value is 0(which is the first region) and the second one is 1, and blah blah blah.
The problem is that when I go to another region and open the pokedex, an error pops up. I have not the exact stuff, but it's about the imposibility to compare a string with a number or something. So, is it impossible to have different numbers for each pokémon?
And also, my other question is: Is there any way to change the pokédex from National to Regional and viceversa with a buton? Like the one from the official games.

mackoo
June 25th, 2010, 11:24 PM
I can't find it in notes so i guess i'll ask here.
When I make animation for attack using animation editor made by poccil (not the one from RMXP), how do i chose which attack would use this animation?

Peeky Chew
June 26th, 2010, 01:07 AM
Reposting since no one knew the answer.
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/5967/errorma.png
Ok, this is pretty hard to explain. At the top I've set these two maps to connect because they use different tile sets. The one at the bottom has a fog but the one at the top doesn't, because when they both do the fogs over lap.
In the screens below you can see that on the top map, when you walk up to that point the fog dissappears. Why?

thepsynergist
June 26th, 2010, 01:46 AM
The same thing happened to me Peeky, only it was a little different.

When I have connected maps, the tiles that have priority are ignored when I am too close to the connected edges. Let's say 12 tiles near the edge of the map...

My advise is, unless someone knows how to fix this (that'd be awesome), to only use a fog on a non-connected map.

Maruno
June 26th, 2010, 03:38 AM
Bah, nobody helped. I'll forget about my doubt for now.
BUT, I have another issue: On the notes.html file, I read about the regional numbers of pokémon, which were a comma-separated list of numbers.
Like this:
RegionalNumbers=1,200,400
I guessed I could put them like that, since the first value is 0(which is the first region) and the second one is 1, and blah blah blah.
The problem is that when I go to another region and open the pokedex, an error pops up. I have not the exact stuff, but it's about the imposibility to compare a string with a number or something. So, is it impossible to have different numbers for each pokémon?
And also, my other question is: Is there any way to change the pokédex from National to Regional and viceversa with a buton? Like the one from the official games.
1. Get the error message and show it to us. The error sounds like it might be poccil's fault, but I'm not going to spend forever trawling through the scripts if your error message has the problem line number in it.

2. Yes. It involves changing pbGetCurrentRegion to depend on a game variable (0=National, 1=Region 1, etc.), and then to change that variable elsewhere quite simply. It's up to you to add the "Change region" option wherever you want it.

Pokeman298
June 26th, 2010, 05:14 AM
1) Read the notes.
I tried looking at the notes, but all it showed was the simple script for the title. I know It seems like I'm being lazy, but I desperately need help.

carmaniac
June 26th, 2010, 05:24 AM
I tried looking at the notes, but all it showed was the simple script for the title. I know It seems like I'm being lazy, but I desperately need help.

There's many ways to do it, the short simple one is to use a gif animator to create a short animation and save the animation as Pic_1.png .

Pokeman298
June 26th, 2010, 05:32 AM
There's many ways to do it, the short simple one is to use a gif animator to create a short animation and save the animation as Pic_1.png .
thnx, that helped alot..................................

Valora17
June 26th, 2010, 05:38 AM
Is there a way to "mix" the scripts of Essentials with something like the "capture" scripts of PMD? O.O;

Cilerba
June 26th, 2010, 07:05 AM
Is there a way to "mix" the scripts of Essentials with something like the "capture" scripts of PMD? O.O;

Unless you understand RGSS, then you can't.

Nikorasu
June 26th, 2010, 07:48 AM
I really want to create my own game.. But really dont understand anything to do with rmxp O_O

Img onna download and see if this is any easier for me to use :P

Geni-Ssoso
June 27th, 2010, 12:48 PM
How to set up a trainer player? I really want to know!! Plz give good answers

Maruno
June 27th, 2010, 01:01 PM
How to set up a trainer player? I really want to know!! Plz give good answers
I've already answered this:

That's Pokémon-related, so it's an Essentials question (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=105731). Also, the answer's in the notes and the wiki. Go do some research first.

Cilerba
June 27th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Would it be possible to extend the number of alternate colored Pokemon? For example, have a normal colored Bulbasaur, shiny Bulbasaur, another Bulbasaur, and another Bulbasaur?

If it is possible, how could it be done?

Geni-Ssoso
June 28th, 2010, 12:47 AM
Sorry @ Maruno... Now I know what you mean with wiki... sorry...

Steevie88
June 28th, 2010, 03:47 AM
abload.de/img/capture01629cj.png
How can I change the Base and shadow color?

And how can i add an own favicon for the game?

Maruno
June 28th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Would it be possible to extend the number of alternate colored Pokemon? For example, have a normal colored Bulbasaur, shiny Bulbasaur, another Bulbasaur, and another Bulbasaur?

If it is possible, how could it be done?
Alternate forms, although there are a few tweaks to be done depending on what you want out of it.

The simplest options are to either have Black Bulbasaur (for example) be a one-of-a-kind Pokémon (so you can set that one Bulbasaur's form number during the event), or to have different types of Bulbasaur live exclusively in different maps (like Shellos/Gastrodon). You could also have the form be entirely random, or in different proportions (e.g. 80% Bulbasaur, 15% Red Bulbasaur, 5% Black Bulbasaur). You could mix that with the Shellos method, to have different proportions of each kind on each map.

One thing to note is that alternate forms can have shiny variants. A cheap "not quite fix" would be to make a shiny Black Bulbasaur look exactly the same as a regular Black Bulbasaur, but you'd still get the sparkles in battle and the stars in the summary. To remove those, go into PokeBattle_Pokemon and find the def isShiny? and make it return false if it's a Black Bulbasaur (etc.).

Note that the wiki can NOT help you with alternate forms, as the article needs updating.

1ninjadude1701
June 28th, 2010, 12:12 PM
whats this error mean?
Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `map_interpreter' for Game_System:Class
PokemonMessages:114:in `pbMapInterpreter'
Compiler:2784:in `pbTrainerTypeCheck'
Compiler:2795:in `pbTrainerBattleCheck'
Compiler:3729:in `pbConvertToTrainerEvent'
Compiler:2838:in `pbCompileTrainerEvents'
Compiler:2833:in `each'
Compiler:2833:in `pbCompileTrainerEvents'
Compiler:2828:in `each'
Compiler:2828:in `pbCompileTrainerEvents'
Compiler:3938:in `pbCompileAllData'

and how do i fix.

ashthebest10
June 28th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Anybody using Luka's animated pokemon (Christmas Present)? I know this may not be the place to ask but Iv'e posted several other places and got no response so I figured this forum gets checked the most so maybe I could get the help i need here. I can't get the tainer or player pokemon to work, I get a error message that says can't convert Animated bitmap into bitmap. Also I can't get the transparency to work on the battler graphics when I import them. The first and second frame graphics have the same name and may be causing the problem but they have to have the same name. Anyway if anybody knows what I'm talking about and can help me I would appreciate it soooo much. Thanks!

thepsynergist
June 28th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Me and Luca posted a bunch in his Merry Christmas thread, check there, I got it to work eventually. Although, I'm not bothering with animated trainers.

Cilerba
June 28th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Alternate forms, although there are a few tweaks to be done depending on what you want out of it.

The simplest options are to either have Black Bulbasaur (for example) be a one-of-a-kind Pokémon (so you can set that one Bulbasaur's form number during the event), or to have different types of Bulbasaur live exclusively in different maps (like Shellos/Gastrodon). You could also have the form be entirely random, or in different proportions (e.g. 80% Bulbasaur, 15% Red Bulbasaur, 5% Black Bulbasaur). You could mix that with the Shellos method, to have different proportions of each kind on each map.

One thing to note is that alternate forms can have shiny variants. A cheap "not quite fix" would be to make a shiny Black Bulbasaur look exactly the same as a regular Black Bulbasaur, but you'd still get the sparkles in battle and the stars in the summary. To remove those, go into PokeBattle_Pokemon and find the def isShiny? and make it return false if it's a Black Bulbasaur (etc.).

Note that the wiki can NOT help you with alternate forms, as the article needs updating.

I thought about adding a whole new "species" for each Pokémon, but then again when the player gets their national dex, there will be 100-200 duplicates of the Pokémon that are in my region.

Also, I would probably need to end up having about 100-200 return false codes if there is 100-200 seperate colored Pokémon, right?

Well, thanks for the help.

Fraot
June 28th, 2010, 07:54 PM
1. Get the error message and show it to us. The error sounds like it might be poccil's fault, but I'm not going to spend forever trawling through the scripts if your error message has the problem line number in it.

2. Yes. It involves changing pbGetCurrentRegion to depend on a game variable (0=National, 1=Region 1, etc.), and then to change that variable elsewhere quite simply. It's up to you to add the "Change region" option wherever you want it.

Well, it will be later. I can´t find the line on the errolog.txt, and I can´t use rpg maker on this computer, since it's public(from a café internet).

Geni-Ssoso
June 29th, 2010, 01:21 AM
If I want to set up a trainer player I have to find the map: Intro, but where can I find that map?

Cilerba
June 29th, 2010, 04:07 AM
If I want to set up a trainer player I have to find the map: Intro, but where can I find that map?

If it wasn't deleted, then it should be the first map on the bottom-left of RMXP.

thepsynergist
June 29th, 2010, 04:12 AM
Is there a reason that the AVI script doesn't support XVid encoded AVI Files? This is really frustrating because it will add a lot of unnecessary file space if I can't encode my AVI files. Any idea what can be done to solve this issue? Any help would be great...

Maruno
June 29th, 2010, 09:38 AM
I thought about adding a whole new "species" for each Pokémon, but then again when the player gets their national dex, there will be 100-200 duplicates of the Pokémon that are in my region.

Also, I would probably need to end up having about 100-200 return false codes if there is 100-200 seperate colored Pokémon, right?

Well, thanks for the help.
Adding species is a bad way to go about it. I mean really bad.

I told you you can use alternate forms.

What you can do to alleviate the dozens of "return false" lines is to put all the species that will have further alternate forms (that won't be shiny) into an array, and then write a few lines of code that checks through that array and returns true/false depending on if there's a match.

Alternatively, a much easier way would be to look at the form number itself. If it's not zero (i.e. it's an alternate form) then return false (i.e. there's no shiny version of it). You can then make exceptions for Giratina and Wormadam and so on, which can have shiny alternate forms - there's only about a dozen species with alternate forms, so it's easy enough to do.

1ninjadude1701
June 29th, 2010, 12:49 PM
how do if ix this error

Interpreter:274:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1583:in `command_355'
Interpreter:492:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:191:in `update'
Interpreter:196:in `update'
Scene_Map:96:in `update'
Scene_Map:94:in `loop'
Scene_Map:107:in `update'
Message: Section069:523:in `pbSetSeen'undefined method `true' for false:FalseClass
***Full script:
pbWildBattle(PBSpecies::PIDGEY,2)

Interpreter:239:in `pbExecuteScript'
PokeBattle_Battle:638:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:549:in `pbStartBattle'
PokemonField:753:in `pbWildBattle'
PokemonField:752:in `pbSceneStandby'
PokemonField:754:in `pbWildBattle'
PokemonField:751:in `pbBattleAnimation'
PokemonField:751:in `pbWildBattle'
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1583:in `eval'

ashthebest10
June 29th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Me and Luca posted a bunch in his Merry Christmas thread, check there, I got it to work eventually. Although, I'm not bothering with animated trainers.

I did check there. Actually I just figured out everything exept the transparency? I don't get it. no matter how I import the graphics, they still have the colored backround. I tried to change the color, nothing. The first and second frame have the same names and I don't know if that is causing the problem but I don't see how you can change it. Idk. If you can tell me how you got the transparency of you battler graphics to work, I would be greatfull.

thepsynergist
June 29th, 2010, 03:13 PM
I did check there. Actually I just figured out everything exept the transparency? I don't get it. no matter how I import the graphics, they still have the colored backround. I tried to change the color, nothing. The first and second frame have the same names and I don't know if that is causing the problem but I don't see how you can change it. Idk. If you can tell me how you got the transparency of you battler graphics to work, I would be greatfull.

Download Paint.NET. Open your graphics in there, and use the magic wand tool to delete the colored background. Save as a PNG and it should save the transparency.

ashthebest10
June 29th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Download Paint.NET. Open your graphics in there, and use the magic wand tool to delete the colored background. Save as a PNG and it should save the transparency.
I have paint. Thats how I make my graphics. I havent tried to use a white backround if thats what your saying but I'll try it.

thepsynergist
June 29th, 2010, 03:41 PM
I have paint. Thats how I make my graphics. I havent tried to use a white backround if thats what your saying but I'll try it.

No, I said, "Paint.NET". It's a completely different program.

It's like a free version of Photoshop. Just use the magic wand tool to select the background you wanted to be transparent, delete it, and save the whole thing as a PNG.

Fraot
June 29th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Well... this is weird. I installed RPG Maker XP on this public ocmputer and nothing is wrong with the pokédex this time. I went to the second region of mine (since I have two regions)and then the pokédex showed up good. Nothing was wrong. I don't know why, though.
Could the problem be my computer?

thepsynergist
June 29th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Well... this is weird. I installed RPG Maker XP on this public ocmputer and nothing is wrong with the pokédex this time. I went to the second region of mine (since I have two regions)and then the pokédex showed up good. Nothing was wrong. I don't know why, though.
Could the problem be my computer?

Pokemon Essentials is very fickle. Once, I fixed a problem just by copy-pasting my whole project to another folder...

cesa
June 29th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Pretty Nice Starter Kit for RMXP!

I may try it ^_^

mackoo
June 29th, 2010, 10:38 PM
Mine Pokemon Essentials is also weird.
It saves game in C\Users\<MyUserName>\Saved Games, not in folder of the game. But on other PC's it works normal...

ashthebest10
June 30th, 2010, 07:46 AM
No, I said, "Paint.NET". It's a completely different program.

It's like a free version of Photoshop. Just use the magic wand tool to select the background you wanted to be transparent, delete it, and save the whole thing as a PNG.
Oh, ok. Sorry. Thanks! I have a hard time paying attention sometimes. Thanks for the help.

thepsynergist
June 30th, 2010, 08:57 AM
Oh, ok. Sorry. Thanks! I have a hard time paying attention sometimes. Thanks for the help.

It's okay, I forgive you :P. Hope it works out for you.

Pokeman298
June 30th, 2010, 11:34 AM
How do you get the hg/ss menu for your menu in the game?

carmaniac
June 30th, 2010, 11:57 AM
How do you get the hg/ss menu for your menu in the game?

Obvious answer, you script it yourself after learning how to script.

Pokeman298
June 30th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Obvious answer, you script it yourself after learning how to script.
thnx, i think i'll get started.

Valora17
June 30th, 2010, 01:54 PM
So I am trying to check the tileset in Playtest but I get this error:

Game_Map_:34:in `setup'
PokemonMap:662:in `getMap'
PokemonMap:882:in `setMapsInRange'
PokemonMap:867:in `each'
PokemonMap:867:in `setMapsInRange'
Resolution_:19:in `display_x='
Game_Map_:49:in `setup'
PokemonMap:573:in `setup'
Scene_Map:212:in `transfer_player'
PokemonDebug:343:in `pbDebugMenu'

Is it something having to do with the tileset? That's pretty much the only thing that makes sense to me..

Meowth
June 30th, 2010, 11:34 PM
Having a bit of trouble here... I'm using a blank base of the starter kit for this because I don't want to mess anything up in my game... but here's the problem.

I resized my screen to a desired size, and things like the bag, battle screen, etc etc are all in weird positions. Now, I can do CSS positioning with numbers, but I can't find where to position anything with these.

http://i45.tinypic.com/qnrcw2.jpg

Can anyone lead me to the script where I can reposition things?

XD003
July 2nd, 2010, 05:56 PM
I am curious to know. Is it worth it to make backups of an RPG Maker project? I dunno what the worst could happen is (Besides total hard drive wipe out), and I'd rather not experience it and lose all my work.

jim42
July 2nd, 2010, 11:01 PM
I am curious to know. Is it worth it to make backups of an RPG Maker project? I dunno what the worst could happen is (Besides total hard drive wipe out), and I'd rather not experience it and lose all my work.

It's worth making backups of everything, especially if you have a lot of work, you never know what might happen. I used to be like you in that i never made backups but two weeks ago my computer got severely infected by a virus and my last system restore was from april - i.e. i would have lost everything i have.
luckily for me it was able to be removed without losing my data, but to make a long story short, yes you should make backups. preferably on a seperate device to your hard drive, say a memory stick, in case something happens to it. now that i think of it i should do it now.

XD003
July 2nd, 2010, 11:12 PM
It's worth making backups of everything, especially if you have a lot of work, you never know what might happen. I used to be like you in that i never made backups but two weeks ago my computer got severely infected by a virus and my last system restore was from april - i.e. i would have lost everything i have.
luckily for me it was able to be removed without losing my data, but to make a long story short, yes you should make backups. preferably on a seperate device to your hard drive, say a memory stick, in case something happens to it. now that i think of it i should do it now.

Alright. Mostly was curious because I got an 8 gig Mem. stick, and I put it on there so I could do work on other computers. And yeah, I know what its like to not make backups. Thats how most of my hacking projects ended. Total corruption of the rom and no backup of it. Thanks for the clarification, and I'll be sure to create backups.

Peeky Chew
July 3rd, 2010, 12:20 AM
So I've made an animated title screen, and pasted it into the titles part:
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h5/jippily/Error-1.png
But when I go into the game, it isn't animated.
Help!

carmaniac
July 3rd, 2010, 04:12 AM
So I've made an animated title screen, and pasted it into the titles part:
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h5/jippily/Error-1.png
But when I go into the game, it isn't animated.
Help!

I believe pasting the graphic does not work as I've done this before. The only thing you have to do is save your animation as a .png into the titles folder instead of copying it to there.

Peeky Chew
July 3rd, 2010, 04:28 AM
I believe pasting the graphic does not work as I've done this before. The only thing you have to do is save your animation as a .png into the titles folder instead of copying it to there.It's a animation, it can't be .png.

venom12
July 3rd, 2010, 04:58 AM
Maybe try using scene_intro from new version of starter kit.

carmaniac
July 3rd, 2010, 05:12 AM
It's a animation, it can't be .png.
It can otherwise I wouldn't of done it lol. I should've mentioned that I use U-lead to do the animations and it has the option to save as .png or when you save just put the .png extension on the end.

brian1666
July 3rd, 2010, 06:31 AM
Does someone knows how to make a meteor for Deoxys that let's his form change? I tried a few things but it doesn't work!

XD003
July 3rd, 2010, 05:36 PM
I have a compatibility related question. I hear that RPG Maker XP can support .mp3 files. Is there any reason why mine is unable to play them - In-Game and in RPG Maker? Also, aside from OGG, Wav, MP3, and Midi, what other sound filetypes can be used in RPG Maker?

Lucario_XP
July 3rd, 2010, 09:37 PM
hi guys:
Look, I have a problem with alternative forms of Deoxys.
I tried to call script:
pokemon.form = form_number
but I get error. I do not know if I did well.
if anyone knows what it is, put it with the example of Deoxys.
thank you very much.

Dave.
July 4th, 2010, 06:06 AM
Night time encounters aren't working, at night it just uses the "Land" encounters and not "LandNight", . Have no idea what is wrong since it's not throwing any errors. Has anyone noticed this and/or have a fix? I tried it on an unaltered copy of the starter kit and same issue. I haven't tested morning encounters but I would guess it's the same.

EDIT:
LandNight and LandMorning don't appear in the Set Encounters menu of the debugger either...

I had this problem too, but have just managed to fix it.

In the PokemonEncounters script, you need to replace the lines defining encounters (from line 83) with this:

def pbEncounterType
if $PokemonGlobal && $PokemonGlobal.surfing
return EncounterTypes::Water
elsif self.isCave?
return EncounterTypes::Cave
elsif self.isGrass?
if (Time.now.hour<6||Time.now.hour>=20)
return EncounterTypes::LandNight
elsif (Time.now.hour>6||Time.now.hour<=12)
return EncounterTypes::LandDay
elsif (Time.now.hour>12||Time.now.hour<=20)
return EncounterTypes::LandMorning
elsif pbInBugContest?
if self.hasEncounter?(EncounterTypes::BugContest)
enctype=EncounterTypes::BugContest
end
end

It should be fairly straightforward to see where it goes.

Dave.
July 5th, 2010, 02:49 AM
I'm sure I'm not the only one, but the 'bump' noise as the character walks into the wall is really starting to annoy me, since it plays on loop FAR too quickly. Is there any way to reduce the frequency of it being played?

I think it's something to do with the Game_Player_ script, but I'm not sure how to implement time delays.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

mad.array
July 5th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Hi guys,

I've been trying to change the grass animation so that you can tint it with the day/night tint (which seems to go back to 0,0,0 for midnight). Does anyone know how this is done? I believe that the RPG::Animation class has the tone attribute but I'm not having any luck!

Dave: If you go to this link you should find a script replacement for Game_Player. I don't know which versions of Essentials it will work with so make sure you have a back up of the script first:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=4797796&highlight=number+interval+bump+sounds#post4797796

victorspvl
July 5th, 2010, 04:02 PM
I'm getting this error when I teleport for some outside map(in last version of Pokémon Essentials)

PokemonUtilities:289:in `getRoughLatLon'
PokemonUtilities:386:in `getLatLong'
PokemonUtilities:586:in `getToneInternal'
PokemonUtilities:584:in `each'
PokemonUtilities:584:in `getToneInternal'
PokemonUtilities:353:in `getTone'
PokemonUtilities:2095:in `pbDayNightTint'
Sprite_Character:124:in `update_or'
PerspectiveTilemap:408:in `shadow_update'
Shadow:179:in `update'

Why?Please somebody help me.

KitsuneKouta
July 5th, 2010, 04:50 PM
I'm sure I'm not the only one, but the 'bump' noise as the character walks into the wall is really starting to annoy me, since it plays on loop FAR too quickly. Is there any way to reduce the frequency of it being played?

I think it's something to do with the Game_Player_ script, but I'm not sure how to implement time delays.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.The bump annoyed me too, so I just got rid of it completely. In Game_Player, there are 4 lines that say "pbSEPlay("bump")," removing those lines will remove the sound. You could probably try something more creative with the pbWait(insert # here) command.

thepsynergist
July 5th, 2010, 06:05 PM
The bump annoyed me too, so I just got rid of it completely. In Game_Player, there are 4 lines that say "pbSEPlay("bump")," removing those lines will remove the sound. You could probably try something more creative with the pbWait(insert # here) command.

I'd say one every .75 seconds or even per half second.

Dave.
July 6th, 2010, 02:09 AM
The bump annoyed me too, so I just got rid of it completely. In Game_Player, there are 4 lines that say "pbSEPlay("bump")," removing those lines will remove the sound. You could probably try something more creative with the pbWait(insert # here) command.

Yeah I saw the "pbSEPlay("bump")" for each direction, and assumed that was the noise. I thought about removing them, but it was the slight time delay I really wanted. Thanks for telling me how to do that!

KitsuneKouta
July 6th, 2010, 09:18 AM
can anyone explain how to give your player pokemon to start off with? It would be much appreciated. Today if possible please :)You mean having the pokemon from the very beginning (no professor)? Somewhere in the intro event, put this command:
Kernel.pbAddPokemonSilent(PBSpecies::BULBASAUR,5)
It will add the pokemon without a message. If you want the message, remove the word silent.

Pokemistrz
July 6th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Script "RPG__SPRITE" line 112 : NoMethodError occurred
undefined method > for nil : NilClass
HELP!

Himalama
July 6th, 2010, 10:57 AM
I like your starter kit. I've got one question, though.
A friend of mine told me you can only add 64x64 sprites and there is a hard way to make more room. Is it true? If so, could you please show me a way to insert 80x80 sprites? (all my fakemon are 80x80)

thepsynergist
July 6th, 2010, 11:02 AM
I like your starter kit. I've got one question, though.
A friend of mine told me you can only add 64x64 sprites and there is a hard way to make more room. Is it true? If so, could you please show me a way to insert 80x80 sprites? (all my fakemon are 80x80)

Just replace your 64x64 with 80x80. Most likely you won't have to do anything. If you do, all you'd have to do was reposition your sprites.

Himalama
July 6th, 2010, 11:10 AM
Just replace your 64x64 with 80x80. Most likely you won't have to do anything. If you do, all you'd have to do was reposition your sprites.

Thanks so much! I'll try.

KitsuneKouta
July 6th, 2010, 07:54 PM
thank you very much i really appreciate it! :) so to be sure, i right click to setup an event and i go to script?

Soz for the edit but i put in what you told me to put and it didnt accept it when i run it is there an alternative perhaps?Here's an example that I just tested, which worked:
Kernel.pbAddPokemonSilent(PBSpecies::BUBLASAUR,20)
I'm assuming that when you pasted it, it looked something like this:
Kernel.pbAddPokemonSilent
(PBSpecies::BULBASAUR,20)
Doing that give a syntax error, so move the parenthesis up to the previous line, so that it looks like this:
Kernel.pbAddPokemonSilent(
PBSpecies::BULBASAUR,20)
That should be all you have to do to fix it (and I'm sure the error message said as much).

thepsynergist
July 6th, 2010, 10:53 PM
I'm curious about the rate that Pokerus is encountered in the wild. I swear I get one every 10 wild battles in my tests. Is it just good RNG, or what? I thought that the rate was 1/65535?

Dave.
July 7th, 2010, 06:51 AM
Could anybody tell me whereabouts I would place (and what name I would give to) a surfing sprite? As in when the player surfs on water.

Ziebart23
July 7th, 2010, 07:31 AM
For my game, I want to implement a whole entirely new type, but I have looked through some things and I can't find where to do that. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Dave.
July 7th, 2010, 07:52 AM
For my game, I want to implement a whole entirely new type, but I have looked through some things and I can't find where to do that. Can someone point me in the right direction?

In the PBS folder, there is a file called 'types.txt'
Here you can add or change types, including names, weaknesses, strengths etc. Then using the 'moves.txt' file, you can add new moves of that type. Just use the same syntax original entries are in, and if you get confused, the Notes for Pokémon Essentials are very helpful.

And now a question from me: (Damn new pages...)

Could anybody tell me whereabouts I would place (and what name I would give to) a surfing sprite? As in when the player surfs on water.

Maruno
July 7th, 2010, 09:10 AM
I'm curious about the rate that Pokerus is encountered in the wild. I swear I get one every 10 wild battles in my tests. Is it just good RNG, or what? I thought that the rate was 1/65535?
It's calculated the same as the proper games, in which the rate is 1/8192. It just seems to be a remarkable fluke.

Wait more than an hour and a half before reposting your question. It's not lost to the ages just because it's not on the last page - people still have to read the new posts, and will still reply (if they can) even if it's a page over.

The surfing graphic can be named whatever you want, so long as the file's name is put in the PBS file metadata.txt in the right place. See the wiki (http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Player) for more information (specifically the global metadata lines "PlayerA", etc.).

Colbex
July 7th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Ok, so still working on the battle screen, which part of the script control where the enemy trainer stands at the beginning and end of the battle. I, for the life of me, can't figure out which parts edit what piece of the battle since everything is named the same stuff, ect. x_X I just wanna move the trainer a little to the left and more upward, I've figured out what controls the sliding of the image. o.o

XD003
July 7th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Is it possible to make a folder inside the BGM folder filled with music and RPG maker will read it? I don't want to make everything be unorganized.

thepsynergist
July 7th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Is it possible to make a folder inside the BGM folder filled with music and RPG maker will read it? I don't want to make everything be unorganized.

It's possible, but you'd have to redefine the BGM folder path. I don't think that i'd be worth it. What are you doing it for?

Meowth
July 7th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Having a bit of trouble here... I'm using a blank base of the starter kit for this because I don't want to mess anything up in my game... but here's the problem.

I resized my screen to a desired size, and things like the bag, battle screen, etc etc are all in weird positions. Now, I can do CSS positioning with numbers, but I can't find where to position anything with these.

Still having trouble... can anyone help me?

XD003
July 7th, 2010, 10:47 PM
It's possible, but you'd have to redefine the BGM folder path. I don't think that i'd be worth it. What are you doing it for?

Wanted to keep the files organized so I didn't have to dig through all sorts of BGM's to find the one I want. But, eh.

Maruno
July 8th, 2010, 09:50 AM

The battle screen is horrible to fiddle with. It's all in PokeBattle_ActualScene.

One thing you can do is look for terms like "yoffset" and things that refer to "Graphics.height"/"Graphics.width". yoffset is zero with the default screen size, and it's positive (i.e. pushes things down the screen) for larger screen sizes.

The data box coordinates are handled near the top of class PokemonDataBox. That's simple enough.

pbBackdrop has the coordinates for the bases (the grey circles below the Pokémon in your picture).

pbStartBattle contains lots of other positionings. Note that they're positioned before everything starts sliding across the screen at the start of the battle, which is why the sprites are off the edges of the screen.

Also have a tentative look at adjustBattleSpriteYEx in PokemonSprite. This repositions the Pokémon sprites in battle depending on some values in pokemon.txt which are typically used to make some Pokémon look airborne. There's a "Graphics.height" bit in here, so change that.

I'm sure there are other things elsewhere that I've missed, and complex relations between numbers that I haven't mentioned (such as exactly where off-screen the sprites should be placed such that they'll end up in the right place).

As I said, it's horrible to do. You're much better off finding someone who knows what they're doing and persuade them to do it for you.

pnharlan
July 8th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Does anyone know how to remove shiny pokemon permanently? I tried following the provided guide, but I couldn't find out how to edit it in the script editor. Thanks!

Pokeman298
July 8th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Umm.. I put on some new sinnoh tilesets in the database , then i tried to make it exactly like the overworld one. But whenever a wild pokemon encounter pops up, i get this.

Exception: No Method Error
PokeBattle_Battle:523:in 'pbSetSeen'
PokeBattle_Battle:638:in 'pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:549:in 'pbStartBattle'
PokeField:753:in 'pbWildBattle'
PokeField:752:in 'pbSceneStandby'
PokeField:754:in 'pbWildBattle'
PokeField:751:in 'pbBattleAnimation'
PokeField:751:in 'pbWildBattle'
PokeField:1069:in 'pbBattleOnStepTaken'
PokeField:1092:in 'pbOnStepTaken'

could some1 help plz

Maruno
July 9th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Does anyone know how to remove shiny pokemon permanently? I tried following the provided guide, but I couldn't find out how to edit it in the script editor. Thanks!
PokeBattle_Pokemon, def isShiny?. Replace the 5 lines in there with "return false".

Meowth
July 9th, 2010, 09:59 AM
The battle screen is horrible to fiddle with. It's all in PokeBattle_ActualScene.

One thing you can do is look for terms like "yoffset" and things that refer to "Graphics.height"/"Graphics.width". yoffset is zero with the default screen size, and it's positive (i.e. pushes things down the screen) for larger screen sizes.

The data box coordinates are handled near the top of class PokemonDataBox. That's simple enough.

pbBackdrop has the coordinates for the bases (the grey circles below the Pokémon in your picture).

pbStartBattle contains lots of other positionings. Note that they're positioned before everything starts sliding across the screen at the start of the battle, which is why the sprites are off the edges of the screen.

Also have a tentative look at adjustBattleSpriteYEx in PokemonSprite. This repositions the Pokémon sprites in battle depending on some values in pokemon.txt which are typically used to make some Pokémon look airborne. There's a "Graphics.height" bit in here, so change that.

I'm sure there are other things elsewhere that I've missed, and complex relations between numbers that I haven't mentioned (such as exactly where off-screen the sprites should be placed such that they'll end up in the right place).

As I said, it's horrible to do. You're much better off finding someone who knows what they're doing and persuade them to do it for you.

Gaaaah D; Can't Poccil make a way to place these in the editor.exe in a future release?

Darksun
July 9th, 2010, 10:05 AM
How can I change the default screen size/resolution from 480x320 (or so) to 240x160?

And where can I get HGSS textbox/windowskin?

Cilerba
July 9th, 2010, 11:23 AM
How can I change the default screen size/resolution from 480x320 (or so) to 240x160?

And where can I get HGSS textbox/windowskin?

You can't. When you start up your game, go to options and change it, then save.

Easy, make your own ;)

thepsynergist
July 9th, 2010, 12:40 PM
You can't. When you start up your game, go to options and change it, then save.

Not so, you can go into PokemonOption in your script, set it to which option of res you want, and delete the option that allows the player change it. That's what I did, and it helped a lot.

Cilerba
July 9th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Ah. I thought he meant to change the actual resolution of Essentials.

Valora17
July 9th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Is there a way to put an image inside of the text box SOMETIMES? Like if a specific character (Ie: an important NPC) were to speak, would it be possible to have their Mugshot/VS Sprite appear within the textbox?

EDIT: Also, I am currently having trouble running an event in which two other events move. Is this because the other events are activated on a switch, or am I just failing at eventing? NOTE: They move a little bit, like one step in the way I want them to, but they then stop there.

pokefan012
July 10th, 2010, 02:12 AM
Im new and i need some help with this starter kit, its great and everything but when i try to create a forced wild pokemon encounter, for example, a legendary pokemon i recieve this errors saying:
Exception: SyntaxError
(eval):2: syntax error
(PBSpecies::SPEAROW,20,3)
^
***Line '(PBSpecies::SPEAROW,20,3)' shouldnt begin with '(', try putting '(' at
the end of the last line

***Full script:
pbWildBattle

Interpreter:247:in 'pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1583:in 'command_355'
Interpreter:492:in 'execute_command'
Interpreter:191:in 'update'
Interpreter:104:in 'loop'
Interpreter:196:in 'update'
Scene_map:96:in 'update'
Scene_map:94:in 'loop'
Scene_map:107:in 'update'
Scene_map:63:in 'main'

Please help with this.

thepsynergist
July 10th, 2010, 02:27 AM
Im new and i need some help with this starter kit, its great and everything but when i try to create a forced wild pokemon encounter, for example, a legendary pokemon i recieve this errors saying:
^
the end of the last line

***Full script:
pbWildBattle

Please help with this.
Try a different syntax. Such as this.

pbWildBattle(251,15,4,true)

This summons a Level 15 Celebi to battle, and shows a conditional branch if its captured. Just change the 251 to the ID number of Spearow, and the 15 to what level you want it at. The number 4 is the variable that the value of the battle is stored. Just make another conditional branch defining the value of the encounter. Also, be sure to put this inside a conditional branch, or it won't work. Also, check the notes that came with Pokemon Essentials for more help.

The error in question lies within event #9 on your Pokemon Lab map.

DarkShadow21
July 10th, 2010, 04:46 AM
how do i set the screen to automatically resize like how the makers of Pokemon Uranium or Pokemon Ryen?

Pokeman298
July 10th, 2010, 07:29 AM
Hey, i've tried to make a trainer battle, and i keep getting this,

Interpreter:785:in `command_111'
Interpreter:318:in `execute_command'
Message: Section069:523:in `pbSetSeen'undefined method `true' for false:FalseClass
***Full script:
pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::YOUNGSTER,"JIMMY",_I("Hey, you're strong!"),false,0)
PokeBattle_Battle:718:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:549:in `pbStartBattle'
PokemonTrainers:411:in `pbTrainerBattle'
PokemonTrainers:410:in `pbSceneStandby'
PokemonTrainers:412:in `pbTrainerBattle'
PokemonTrainers:409:in `pbBattleAnimation'
PokemonTrainers:409:in `pbTrainerBattle'
Interpreter:785:in `eval'

could someone help me with this?

Maruno
July 10th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Is there a way to put an image inside of the text box SOMETIMES? Like if a specific character (Ie: an important NPC) were to speak, would it be possible to have their Mugshot/VS Sprite appear within the textbox?

EDIT: Also, I am currently having trouble running an event in which two other events move. Is this because the other events are activated on a switch, or am I just failing at eventing? NOTE: They move a little bit, like one step in the way I want them to, but they then stop there.

1) I don't know.

2) We really can't answer that unless we can see what the events look like.

^
the end of the last line

***Full script:
pbWildBattle

Please help with this.
Learn to read.

KitsuneKouta
July 10th, 2010, 10:52 AM

There's one way I know of to do it, but it will require significant extra work on your part. Use the Show Picture command just before every Show Text command to display the image in the bottom left corner (or wherever) of the character's face, then erase/replace it with another after that block of text is over. I'm not sure how you have your text boxes configured, since by default it looks like an image would overlap the text unless the image was above the text box. It's an idea though.

Valora17
July 10th, 2010, 11:50 AM
@KitsuneKouta: That makes sense. Though right now my text boxes are the default style... so maybe if I altered where the text started?

legato
July 10th, 2010, 03:09 PM
hey i tried to add three new pokemon to my game and i copied charmander as a base for them but when i tried to play test the game to see if they came up i got this

File PBS/pokemon.txt, section 493, key WildItemRare

Compiler:1536:in `pbEachFileSectionEx'

Compiler:1519:in `each_line'

Compiler:1519:in `pbEachFileSectionEx'

Compiler:1557:in `pbEachFileSection'

Compiler:2052:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:2050:in `open'

Compiler:2050:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:3778:in `pbCompileAllData'

Compiler:3897

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

i know the error has came up before in this thread but i didnt find the answer to it

Colbex
July 10th, 2010, 03:23 PM
I've started adding trainer events into my game, and I've came across an odd error. This error only happens for trainer classes that I made as "alternate versions." For example the PSYCHIC trainer event has no issues, but the female counterpart PSYCHICf comes up with a syntax problem. As does RANGERf, aka female ranger. I've tried renaming the trainer types to something similar (this means I edited it in Trainers.txt, trainernames.txt, and the event itself. But I still get this error:
Message: Script error within event 9, map 40 (Sepia Forest):
Message: Section067:1603:in `pbStartBattle'undefined method `x' for nil:NilClass
***Full script:
pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::RANGERf,"Starlisa",_I("You appear to be a responsible and young trainer."),false,0)
PokeBattle_ActualScene+++:1591:in `loop'
PokeBattle_ActualScene+++:1614:in `pbStartBattle'
PokeBattle_Battle+:734:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle+:567:in `pbStartBattle'
PokemonTrainers+++:405:in `pbTrainerBattle'
PokemonTrainers+++:404:in `pbSceneStandby'
PokemonTrainers+++:406:in `pbTrainerBattle'
PokemonTrainers+++:403:in `pbBattleAnimation'
PokemonTrainers+++:403:in `pbTrainerBattle'

Scene_Map:63:in `main'And as I said before, this only happens to these types of trainers. I have a LASS, TWINS, and several BUGCATCHER and YOUNGSTER trainer events, that are made exactly the same way that come up with no error what-so-ever. I took a look at the mentioned scripts, but nothing seems wrong. And I also don't know what this "`x' " is.

EDIT: Nevermind. For some reason, any newly added trainers aren't working irregardless of trainer class. I added in a new Bug Catcher and he worked, but all trainers after that did not. I honestly don't have an idea what's going on.

Valora17
July 10th, 2010, 03:35 PM
hey i tried to add three new pokemon to my game and i copied charmander as a base for them but when i tried to play test the game to see if they came up i got this

File PBS/pokemon.txt, section 493, key WildItemRare

Compiler:1536:in `pbEachFileSectionEx'
Compiler:1519:in `each_line'
Compiler:1519:in `pbEachFileSectionEx'
Compiler:1557:in `pbEachFileSection'
Compiler:2052:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
Compiler:2050:in `open'
Compiler:2050:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
Compiler:3778:in `pbCompileAllData'
Compiler:3897

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

i know the error has came up before in this thread but i didnt find the answer to it

I had this error a while back. I can't remember the EXACT way I fixed it, but if the new pokemon you are trying to add has a unique ability you need to add that to PBS/abilities or it wont work. If you did that already or if it doesn't HAVE a custom ability, then check PBS/moves to see if the attacks you have on the pokemon's movelist are there, PokeStarter (as far as I know) doesn't come with all the moves and that may be the problem too.

... yeah >> Has no relevance to the error it SAYS you have as far as I can see, but that's what fixed it for me. :] Hope it works for ya.

KitsuneKouta
July 10th, 2010, 05:00 PM
@KitsuneKouta: That makes sense. Though right now my text boxes are the default style... so maybe if I altered where the text started?Yeah, although I don't know how to do it. It may have something to do with the txt files that correspond to the text skins, but I've never messed with them much. Although, it may require it to be permanently spaced over, meaning that you'd always need an image to fill the space. If you want to be cheap about it, you could just use spaces so that you could still have text without images selectively.

thepsynergist
July 10th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Yeah, although I don't know how to do it. It may have something to do with the txt files that correspond to the text skins, but I've never messed with them much. Although, it may require it to be permanently spaced over, meaning that you'd always need an image to fill the space. If you want to be cheap about it, you could just use spaces so that you could still have text without images selectively.

Too bad you can't just use the RPG Maker 2003 Face option...

pokefan012
July 11th, 2010, 05:56 AM
1) I don't know.

2) We really can't answer that unless we can see what the events look like.

Learn to read.

You think i didnt try that, jesus :S

Also thank you thepsynergist, your advice worked :)

Maruno
July 11th, 2010, 06:37 AM
Yeah, although I don't know how to do it. It may have something to do with the txt files that correspond to the text skins, but I've never messed with them much. Although, it may require it to be permanently spaced over, meaning that you'd always need an image to fill the space. If you want to be cheap about it, you could just use spaces so that you could still have text without images selectively.
There's a message command \f[xxx] that displays a picture along with the message. It's a start.

From here, I would remove the message border that appears around the picture, edit pbPositionNearMsgWindow in PokemonMessages such that the picture is displayed in the message box rather than just above it, and edit the positioning of the text such that the picture won't overlap it (only when there's a picture).

That's all very complicated, though. I don't think even I'd be able to do it.

I've started adding trainer events into my game, and I've came across an odd error. This error only happens for trainer classes that I made as "alternate versions." For example the PSYCHIC trainer event has no issues, but the female counterpart PSYCHICf comes up with a syntax problem. As does RANGERf, aka female ranger. I've tried renaming the trainer types to something similar (this means I edited it in Trainers.txt, trainernames.txt, and the event itself. But I still get this error:
Message: Script error within event 9, map 40 (Sepia Forest):
Message: Section067:1603:in `pbStartBattle'undefined method `x' for nil:NilClass
***Full script:
pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::RANGERf,"Starlisa",_I("You appear to be a responsible and young trainer."),false,0)
PokeBattle_ActualScene+++:1591:in `loop'
PokeBattle_ActualScene+++:1614:in `pbStartBattle'
PokeBattle_Battle+:734:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle+:567:in `pbStartBattle'
PokemonTrainers+++:405:in `pbTrainerBattle'
PokemonTrainers+++:404:in `pbSceneStandby'
PokemonTrainers+++:406:in `pbTrainerBattle'
PokemonTrainers+++:403:in `pbBattleAnimation'
PokemonTrainers+++:403:in `pbTrainerBattle'

Scene_Map:63:in `main'And as I said before, this only happens to these types of trainers. I have a LASS, TWINS, and several BUGCATCHER and YOUNGSTER trainer events, that are made exactly the same way that come up with no error what-so-ever. I took a look at the mentioned scripts, but nothing seems wrong. And I also don't know what this "`x' " is.

EDIT: Nevermind. For some reason, any newly added trainers aren't working irregardless of trainer class. I added in a new Bug Catcher and he worked, but all trainers after that did not. I honestly don't have an idea what's going on.
What do the lines mentioned in the error message (the ones in red) look like? You've been modifying your scripts, so I can't tell what's supposed to be happening.

Cadeath
July 11th, 2010, 08:47 AM

where do the game get their time?
window slider?

Pokemistrz
July 11th, 2010, 10:21 AM
HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Colbex
July 11th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Oh, thanks Maruno but I figured out what was wrong. Turns out a small bit of script I had been playing with in PokeBattle_ActualScene caused random trainer events to work while others didn't. The thing about it though was that it had to do with editing the bg's based on the environment. Which leads to the following question. o.o

in pbBackdrop, the battle id's are determined based on the environment. PBEnvironment Cave is automatically set if an area has cave encounters, right? So I've been trying to change it to where if the player is surfing in water while in a cave the id will be different. (Essentially, same BG, different player/enemy bases) So that way when you, for example, battle a Lapras, the poor guys not situated on a rocky platform. I tried setting it up to where if the player's in the cave and is on a terrain tag for normal water but that didn't do anything. Then I thought if I reversed the order it would work. I got a syntax stating terrain is undefined. SO, well... explaining this in text takes too long. ._. Here's my multiple attempts, all of which failed.
Attempt One: (Please note I'm not that great/skilled at scripting, but I do comment things out so I can always reverse a bad attempt. o.o)
case @battle.environment
when PBEnvironment::Cave
id=8
when PBEnvironment::Cave || terrain==PBTerrain::Water
id=1 #ID for testing purposesAttempt Two:
when terrain==PBTerrain::Water || PBEnvironment::Cave
id=1
id=8Attempt Three:
id=8
terrain=$game_player.terrain_tag
if terrain==PBTerrain::Water || PBEnvironment::Cave
return id=1
endErr... it had been something like that. ._.
and finally, attempt 4, which gave me no errors, but caused my random trainer problem.
case @battle.environment
=begin
when PBEnvironment::Grass || (Time.now.hour<6||Time.now.hour>=20)
id=1+"n"
when PBEnvironment::Grass || (Time.now.hour>17||Time.now.hour<=20)
id=1+"e"
when PBEnvironment::Grass || (Time.now.hour>6||Time.now.hour<=17)
id=1
=end
when PBEnvironment::Grass
id=1
when PBEnvironment::TallGrass
id=2
when PBEnvironment::MovingWater
id=3
when PBEnvironment::StillWater
id=4
when PBEnvironment::Underwater
id=5
when PBEnvironment::Rock
id=7
id=8
when PBEnvironment::Sand
id=9
when PBEnvironment::Snow
id=10
when PBEnvironment::MtnSide
id=11
when PBEnvironment::Marsh
id=12
else
id=(outdoor) ? 0 : 6
return id=2
end
end
if $PokemonGlobal && $PokemonGlobal.nextBattleBack
id=$PokemonGlobal.nextBattleBack
elsif $game_map
back=pbGetMetadata($game_map.map_id,MetadataBattleBack)
if back && back!=""
id=pbGetMetadata($game_map.map_id,MetadataBattleBack)
end
endNote: It never fixed the problem either. I'm thinking that maybe I'll have to make some edits in PokemonField rather than actual scene, but I'm not sure... And my competence in scripting is rather questionable. o.o;

Ben.
July 11th, 2010, 11:52 AM
How do I change the shiny encounter rate?
It's set by default, to 8126 or something, how would I change it to 300?
Thanks

Conan Edogawa
July 11th, 2010, 03:18 PM
I searched the thread and couldn't find anything on this subject, and please don't laugh at my stupid questions but:

1. How do I add new tile sets? I put them in the tile set folder, and tried importing them while in RMXP but it didn't work correctly.

2. How do I add new Over World sprite sheets? And is there any certain format the sheet needs to be in?

KitsuneKouta
July 11th, 2010, 04:51 PM
I searched the thread and couldn't find anything on this subject, and please don't laugh at my stupid questions but:

1. How do I add new tile sets? I put them in the tile set folder, and tried importing them while in RMXP but it didn't work correctly.

2. How do I add new Over World sprite sheets? And is there any certain format the sheet needs to be in?
1. Open the database after you import the tileset, go to the tilesets tab, and make a new entry with the desired tileset set as the Tileset Graphic. You'll have to do all of the passability and priority after setting it up there.

2. The sheets don't have a specific size, but must be 4 rows by 4 columns. like this:

X X X X
X X X X
X X X X
X X X X

You import them like any other graphics (to the characters folder), and they're ready to use.

poccil
July 12th, 2010, 02:17 AM
I'm sorry to say this, but I am in particular need of donations. My site was suspended for payment reasons. If anyone can donate any amount I would appreciate it. The link is in my signature.

mackoo
July 12th, 2010, 04:27 AM
Pokemon Essentials notes say that titles support .gif files. But when I try to import a gif file via materialbase, I don't see it. I tried changing extensions to .png but it didn't help. When I just pasted my animation file (named Pic_1.png) to a Titles folder, its not animated :/
Can anyone help me please?

legato
July 12th, 2010, 08:53 AM
I had this error a while back. I can't remember the EXACT way I fixed it, but if the new pokemon you are trying to add has a unique ability you need to add that to PBS/abilities or it wont work. If you did that already or if it doesn't HAVE a custom ability, then check PBS/moves to see if the attacks you have on the pokemon's movelist are there, PokeStarter (as far as I know) doesn't come with all the moves and that may be the problem too.

... yeah >> Has no relevance to the error it SAYS you have as far as I can see, but that's what fixed it for me. :] Hope it works for ya.

all the moves happen to be in the pbs file same with its ability it still isn't working

carmaniac
July 12th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Pokemon Essentials notes say that titles support .gif files. But when I try to import a gif file via materialbase, I don't see it. I tried changing extensions to .png but it didn't help. When I just pasted my animation file (named Pic_1.png) to a Titles folder, its not animated :/
Can anyone help me please?

Dont paste it, somehow it can make a difference if you save it there directly. Not sure why.

mackoo
July 12th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Dont paste it, somehow it can make a difference if you save it there directly. Not sure why.

Still didn't work :/
Maybe I'm using wrong program to make gif images. Have anyone tested someting and proved it works with essentials?

carmaniac
July 12th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Still didn't work :/
Maybe I'm using wrong program to make gif images. Have anyone tested someting and proved it works with essentials?

There's always the choice of U-lead gif animator. It's quite good at saving them as a png format.

thepsynergist
July 12th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Does anyone know what's up with the day and night system in Pokemon Essentials?

I've an older one, but maybe that's the issue. For some reason, its getting dark way too early, like 5pm its night time, but the lights don't come on yet. They do that at the normal time. Anyone have a working day and night system?

Maruno
July 12th, 2010, 02:59 PM
in pbBackdrop, the battle id's are determined based on the environment. PBEnvironment Cave is automatically set if an area has cave encounters, right? So I've been trying to change it to where if the player is surfing in water while in a cave the id will be different. (Essentially, same BG, different player/enemy bases) So that way when you, for example, battle a Lapras, the poor guys not situated on a rocky platform. I tried setting it up to where if the player's in the cave and is on a terrain tag for normal water but that didn't do anything. Then I thought if I reversed the order it would work. I got a syntax stating terrain is undefined. SO, well... explaining this in text takes too long. ._. Here's my multiple attempts, all of which failed.
Attempt One: (Please note I'm not that great/skilled at scripting, but I do comment things out so I can always reverse a bad attempt. o.o)
case @battle.environment
id=8
when PBEnvironment::Cave || terrain==PBTerrain::Water
id=1 #ID for testing purposesAttempt Two:
when terrain==PBTerrain::Water || PBEnvironment::Cave
id=1
id=8Attempt Three:
id=8
return id=1
endErr... it had been something like that. ._.
and finally, attempt 4, which gave me no errors, but caused my random trainer problem.
case @battle.environment
=begin
when PBEnvironment::Grass || (Time.now.hour<6||Time.now.hour>=20)
id=1+"n"
when PBEnvironment::Grass || (Time.now.hour>17||Time.now.hour<=20)
id=1+"e"
when PBEnvironment::Grass || (Time.now.hour>6||Time.now.hour<=17)
id=1
=end
when PBEnvironment::Grass
id=1
when PBEnvironment::TallGrass
id=2
when PBEnvironment::MovingWater
id=3
when PBEnvironment::StillWater
id=4
when PBEnvironment::Underwater
id=5
id=7
id=8
id=9
when PBEnvironment::Snow
id=10
when PBEnvironment::MtnSide
id=11
when PBEnvironment::Marsh
id=12
else
id=(outdoor) ? 0 : 6
return id=2
end
end
if $PokemonGlobal && $PokemonGlobal.nextBattleBack
id=$PokemonGlobal.nextBattleBack
elsif $game_map
back=pbGetMetadata($game_map.map_id,MetadataBattleBack)
if back && back!=""
id=pbGetMetadata($game_map.map_id,MetadataBattleBack)
end
endNote: It never fixed the problem either. I'm thinking that maybe I'll have to make some edits in PokemonField rather than actual scene, but I'm not sure... And my competence in scripting is rather questionable. o.o;
That's all quite nasty (and wrong, as you know). The first two attempts failed because "case" statements don't work like "if" clauses. The third attempt might have worked (if you'd removed the "|| PBEnvironment::Cave" because it's already assumed that you're in a cave), except you shouldn't be returning anything - nowhere else in pbBackdrop is anything returned. The fourth attempt would never have been looked at (you're in a cave, therefore the "else" part of the "case" statement never would be looked at), and once again you're trying to return something.

Another problem you have, aside from the lack of scripting knowledge, is that "||" means "OR", and you wanted to use "&&" which means "AND". If your attempts somehow worked, you would be using your new backdrop both when you were in a cave OR when you were surfing (regardless of whether you were surfing inside or outside). You want the backdrop to be used only when you were in a cave AND surfing.

Think for a moment what you want. You want to change what backdrop is used while the player is in a cave depending on whether or not the player is surfing. You cant to figure out when the player is surfing or not. Conveniently, $PokemonGlobal.surfing contains just such a piece of information.

id=7
id=8
id=12 if $PokemonGlobal.surfing
id=9

Have a go with that. Nice and simple, and it works.

Note, however, that this will be overwritten if there has been a "nextbattleback" defined (usually used for event encounters), or if the map you're on has a battleback specifically defined to be used on that map (usually used for, say, cemeteries or old warehouse or Distorted World backgrounds - special ones that are only used on certain maps, and which don't depend on the terrain).

Normally, this shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure you don't want to use the surf-cave background in a place where you also want to use a crystal-cave background (or whatever - something special).

Thanks
PokeBattle_Pokemon, def isShiny?. There's a "d<8" in there - that 8 divided by 65536 is the odds of having a shiny Pokémon (=1/8192). Make "8" bigger to make them more common. For a (nearly) 1 in 300 chance, change "8" to 218.

Yuegen
July 12th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Can someone help me with castform's alternate forms? I have a good start. I put this code at the top of pbforecast:

MultipleForms.register(:CASTFORM,{
"getForm"=>proc{|pokemon|
weather=@battle.pbWeather
if weather==PBWeather::SUNNYDAY
next 1
elsif weather==PBWeather::RAINDANCE
next 2
elsif weather==PBWeather::HAIL
next 3
elsif (weather==0 || weather==PBWeather::SANDSTORM)
next 0
end
}
})
The problem is that the battlers do not change during the battle. But if I go to the pokemon's summary page the graphic changed correctly. And also after the battle is over, castform does not change back to the original form. What am I doing wrong? Or am I going in the wrong direction, lol. Thanks :)

Vociferocity
July 12th, 2010, 11:38 PM
okay so in my game, there's this whole side plot revolving around the character hatching eggs - you get a random egg, hatch it, get another random egg, hatch it, etc etc, and the eggs are of like, specific pokemon. I'm using an array to store the types of pokemon you can get from the eggs, and delete the eggs you get, so there's no chance of getting the same pokemon twice, because that would sort of ruin this whole side plot haha

unfortunately, the array seems to reset (as in it's possible to get the eggs that you've already hatched once before) after you save the game, exit, and get back into your saved game, and I have no idea why/how to fix it :(

I won't paste the whole egg generatey code I'm using because it's kind of long, but I made a way shorter test version that works (and resets) in exactly the same way:

$testpokemon = [
PBSpecies::ELEKID,
PBSpecies::SMOOCHUM,
]

def pbTestPokemon
tpnumber = rand($testpokemon.length)
pbAddPokemon($testpokemon[tpnumber],25)
$testpokemon.delete($testpokemon[tpnumber])
end

mackoo
July 13th, 2010, 12:27 AM
Oh, I've also got question about Day/Night system. Do i have to call any script or something to make it active, or it works already in freshly downloaded starter kit?

thepsynergist
July 13th, 2010, 01:40 AM
Oh, I've also got question about Day/Night system. Do i have to call any script or something to make it active, or it works already in freshly downloaded starter kit?

It works automattically but for some reason, mother nature can't seem to decide what time it is in my game...

Cadeath
July 13th, 2010, 03:02 AM
Help me on my error...
I guess this is related to the time
ty

where do the game get their time?
window slider?

KitsuneKouta
July 13th, 2010, 05:36 AM
$testpokemon = [
PBSpecies::ELEKID,
PBSpecies::SMOOCHUM,
]

def pbTestPokemon
tpnumber = rand($testpokemon.length)
pbAddPokemon($testpokemon[tpnumber],25)
end Try replacing this line:
with this one:
$testpokemon[tpnumber]=nil
This makes the array element blank. I guess delete isn't a valid array command, but I'm not entirely sure.

Vociferocity
July 13th, 2010, 06:08 AM
Try replacing this line:
with this one:
$testpokemon[tpnumber]=nil
This makes the array element blank. I guess delete isn't a valid array command, but I'm not entirely sure.

it's just...it works perfectly - that is, you can't get the same egg/pokemon/whatever twice - but if you save and exit, and then come back into the game, it's like those array elements were never deleted - you can get the egg/pokemon/whatever again.

$testpokemon[tpnumber]=nil seems to have the same problem :/

argh, this is so frustrating! I totally thought this part of my game worked perfectly

Yuegen
July 13th, 2010, 07:32 AM
If all else fails you could use switches. just turn a switch on after you recieve each egg and that switch could activate the next egg event after checking if the previous egg hatched.

Maruno
July 13th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Can someone help me with castform's alternate forms? I have a good start. I put this code at the top of pbforecast:

"getForm"=>proc{|pokemon|
next 1
next 2
next 3
elsif (weather==0 || weather==PBWeather::SANDSTORM)
next 0
end
}
})The problem is that the battlers do not change during the battle. But if I go to the pokemon's summary page the graphic changed correctly. And also after the battle is over, castform does not change back to the original form. What am I doing wrong? Or am I going in the wrong direction, lol. Thanks :)
That's the wrong kind of code to use for this (i.e. don't use the "register" part), but it's in the right place. What you want is a bit of code that decides what the in-battle weather is (you already have this), and then refresh the appropriate sprite.

I would suggest you have a look at Transform, because that does mostly the same thing, but I don't think Transform changes the sprite either.

it's just...it works perfectly - that is, you can't get the same egg/pokemon/whatever twice - but if you save and exit, and then come back into the game, it's like those array elements were never deleted - you can get the egg/pokemon/whatever again.

$testpokemon[tpnumber]=nil seems to have the same problem :/

argh, this is so frustrating! I totally thought this part of my game worked perfectly
I'm reminded of the Pokédex counts, which do stay the same after saving/loading. They, and other things, are part of $Trainer, which is something that's saved. You can use an array called $Trainer.eggsHad instead. You'll also need to initialise it at the bottom of PokeBattle_Trainer.

Alternatively, PokemonSave, pbSave. Add a new line in there for your array. Then edit the bottom of pbStartLoadScreen in PokemonLoad.

Ben.
July 13th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Thanks
I just want to repost, I didn't get a response, and It's on the next page.

thepsynergist
July 13th, 2010, 11:07 AM
I just want to repost, I didn't get a response, and It's on the next page.

This is copy-pasted from Maurno's response on the previous page.

"PokeBattle_Pokemon, def isShiny?. There's a "d<8" in there - that 8 divided by 65536 is the odds of having a shiny Pokémon (=1/8192). Make "8" bigger to make them more common. For a (nearly) 1 in 300 chance, change "8" to 218. "

So, yes, your question was answered.

Ben.
July 13th, 2010, 11:13 AM
This is copy-pasted from Maurno's response on the previous page.

"PokeBattle_Pokemon, def isShiny?. There's a "d<8" in there - that 8 divided by 65536 is the odds of having a shiny Pokémon (=1/8192). Make "8" bigger to make them more common. For a (nearly) 1 in 300 chance, change "8" to 218. "

So, yes, your question was answered.
Silly me, thanks Maurno.
And thanks to you too.

Meowth
July 13th, 2010, 02:10 PM
I'm sorry to say this, but I am in particular need of donations. My site was suspended for payment reasons. If anyone can donate any amount I would appreciate it. The link is in my signature.

I know how that is, my site pokemonmsb.com died recently... I can't pay for it anymore, lost my job.

ashthebest10
July 13th, 2010, 07:52 PM
I am using Luka's tutorial on animated pokemon and trainers. I have posted on the merry christmas forum and nobody has helped.
I did everything as the tutorial says and the wild pokemon work fine but if a trainer or the player sends out a pokemon I get this error:
Exception: TypeError
PokeBattle_ActualScene:1801:in `bitmap='
PokeBattle_ActualScene:1801:in `pbSendOut'
PokeBattle_Battle:2191:in `pbSendOut'
PokeBattle_Battle:702:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:493:in `pbStartBattle'
PokemonField:766:in `pbWildBattle'
PokemonField:765:in `pbSceneStandby'
PokemonField:767:in `pbWildBattle'
PokemonField:764:in `pbBattleAnimation'
PokemonField:764:in `pbWildBattle'

Sombody please help I have tried and tried to figure it out.

A;so I screwed my game up and had to redo the animation scripting. The first time I did it the wild pokemon worked fine but I still had the problem shown above. Now when I did it over again, it the battle still works but the entire sceen is black except for the little curser beside the text. I have no Idea why this is happening but i think it has to do with the @sprites["pokemon1(2)"]=PokemonSprite.new(battle.doublebattle,1,@viewport) line of code you add to the PokeBattle_ActualScene script. Any Ideas whats going on?

Vociferocity
July 13th, 2010, 08:29 PM
I'm reminded of the Pokédex counts, which do stay the same after saving/loading. They, and other things, are part of $Trainer, which is something that's saved. You can use an array called $Trainer.eggsHad instead. You'll also need to initialise it at the bottom of PokeBattle_Trainer.

Alternatively, PokemonSave, pbSave. Add a new line in there for your array. Then edit the bottom of pbStartLoadScreen in PokemonLoad.

I just had a look at pbSave in PokemonSave and uhhhh okay I have no idea what all the marshal.dump stuff means x_x a-also I have no idea how to initialise it at the bottom of PokeBattle_Trainer /so fail

Teej
July 13th, 2010, 10:20 PM
Not sure if anyone is aware of this, but upokecenter.com is gone! I went to download the starter kit, which I worked with a while ago, but never finished my project, and the whole site is one big Error 404!

Any idea what happened, and can someone re-post the starter kit? I need it for a school project now... :$

Erick
July 13th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Can anyone help me with this, please?

http://i27.tinypic.com/am786t.png

Thank you. :3

P.S: That error comes out when I try to go out of the first map.

Cadeath
July 13th, 2010, 11:59 PM
Can anyone help me with this, please?

Thank you. :3

P.S: That error comes out when I try to go out of the first map.

What OS are you using?
I've got a same problem also..

mackoo
July 14th, 2010, 12:30 AM
Not sure if anyone is aware of this, but upokecenter.com is gone! I went to download the starter kit, which I worked with a while ago, but never finished my project, and the whole site is one big Error 404!

Any idea what happened, and can someone re-post the starter kit? I need it for a school project now... :$
Poccil doesn't have money to pay for server so his site is gone. He asked for donations few pages ago.

Yuegen
July 14th, 2010, 01:30 AM
That's the wrong kind of code to use for this (i.e. don't use the "register" part), but it's in the right place. What you want is a bit of code that decides what the in-battle weather is (you already have this), and then refresh the appropriate sprite.

I would suggest you have a look at Transform, because that does mostly the same thing, but I don't think Transform changes the sprite either.

Thanks for the help, and transform does change the sprites after i checked into it. But I can't find the part where transform changes the sprites for my life. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Erick
July 14th, 2010, 05:17 AM
What OS are you using?
I've got a same problem also..

I'm using Windows XP. I did never have that issue the last time I downloaded it.

KitsuneKouta
July 14th, 2010, 05:31 AM
I just had a look at pbSave in PokemonSave and uhhhh okay I have no idea what all the marshal.dump stuff means x_x a-also I have no idea how to initialise it at the bottom of PokeBattle_Trainer /so failIn PokemonLoad, find this line:
$PokemonStorage=Marshal.load(f)
and add this one below it:
$testpokemon=Marshal.load(f)

In PokemonSave, find:
Marshal.dump($PokemonStorage,f)
and add this below it:
Marshal.dump($testpokemon,f)

Just be warned that you have to start a new game (saving might fix it too) or the script will give an error, since the continue command makes it load whatever was saved in the Marshal.dump, which is nothing until you save the game.

ashthebest10
July 14th, 2010, 09:32 AM
I can't get a trainer to walk away and disappear after a battle (like a rival battle or something.) I put all the move event commands in but the game ignors everything except the Comments. Any Idea whats going on?

Maruno
July 14th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the help, and transform does change the sprites after i checked into it. But I can't find the part where transform changes the sprites for my life. Can someone point me in the right direction?
The Transform move effect calls pbAnimation, which is in PokeBattle_ActualScene. This in turn changes the sprite. As far as I can tell, this only works for species, not forms (try using Transform on a Pokémon with a non-default form, e.g. Deoxys, and see what happens - it'll probably always be Deoxys Normal).

Try putting the following at the beginning of pbForecast:

pbAnimation(PBMoves::TRANSFORM,self,PBSpecies::CASTFORM)Then put the following somewhere in PokemonMultipleForms:
"alterBitmap"=>proc{|pokemon|
next 1
next 2
next 3
else
next 0
end
}
})That should use the Transform animation and turn the Pokémon into a Castform (whose form is chosen depending on the in-battle weather as appropriate).

Theoretically. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it didn't work. I haven't done anything like it before.

stbplayer1P
July 14th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Could someone put up a mirror

would be helpful until he can afford to bring the site back....

mackoo
July 14th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Here's mirror for you:
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/23378206/pokestarter.zip

http://www.sendspace.pl/file/3ee75c305914328f1038ca9

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=09BAQK9F

stbplayer1P
July 14th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Here's mirror for you:
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/23378206/pokestarter.zip

Thank You So Much been trying to find!

Gregora
July 14th, 2010, 12:55 PM
I don't know if this has happened to anyone or what, but sometimes the battle themes doesn't play and I don't know why. I set them on metadata a while ago and I've double checked everything...

Yuegen
July 14th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Try putting the following at the beginning of pbForecast:

pbAnimation(PBMoves::TRANSFORM,self,PBSpecies::CASTFORM)Then put the following somewhere in PokemonMultipleForms:
"alterBitmap"=>proc{|pokemon|
next 1
next 2
next 3
else
next 0
end
}
})That should use the Transform animation and turn the Pokémon into a Castform (whose form is chosen depending on the in-battle weather as appropriate).

Theoretically. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it didn't work. I haven't done anything like it before.
Not quite there I get this message everytime just before castform is put into battle and when i bring up the pokemon list from the main menu:

PokemonMultipleForms:380
PokemonMultipleForms:379:in `call'
PokemonUtilities:2561:in `pbLoadPokemonBitmapSpecies'
PokemonUtilities:2560:in `each'
SpriteWindow:794:in `each'
PokemonUtilities:2560:in `pbLoadPokemonBitmapSpecies'
PokemonUtilities:2529:in `pbLoadPokemonBitmap'
PokeBattle_ActualScene:335:in `setPokemonBitmap'
PokeBattle_ActualScene:1730:in `pbSendOut'

ashthebest10
July 14th, 2010, 03:04 PM
I want to make a stone that evolves pokemon that are supposed to be traded to evolve. The notes tell how to make the stone but how do you detemine which pokemon it evolves?

Vociferocity
July 14th, 2010, 05:55 PM
In PokemonLoad, find this line:
$PokemonStorage=Marshal.load(f)
and add this one below it:
$testpokemon=Marshal.load(f)

In PokemonSave, find:
Marshal.dump($PokemonStorage,f)
and add this below it:
Marshal.dump($testpokemon,f)

Just be warned that you have to start a new game (saving might fix it too) or the script will give an error, since the continue command makes it load whatever was saved in the Marshal.dump, which is nothing until you save the game.

yessss thank you (and Maruno, ofc) so much, now it works perfectly! ...ofc, I'm totally kicking myself for not just trying to add it to pokemonsave/load, because in retrospect, it's actually pretty obvious how to do it ughh I probably would have hit on the solution if I hadn't just given up haha

Cadeath
July 15th, 2010, 05:47 AM
I'm using Windows XP. I did never have that issue the last time I downloaded it.

Good for you... but when I tried Vista, it works...
Im worried with the codes regarding the getting of time info in the computer....

Maruno
July 15th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Not quite there I get this message everytime just before castform is put into battle and when i bring up the pokemon list from the main menu:

PokemonMultipleForms:380
PokemonMultipleForms:379:in `call'
PokemonUtilities:2561:in `pbLoadPokemonBitmapSpecies'
PokemonUtilities:2560:in `each'
PokemonUtilities:2560:in `pbLoadPokemonBitmapSpecies'
PokemonUtilities:2529:in `pbLoadPokemonBitmap'
PokeBattle_ActualScene:335:in `setPokemonBitmap'
PokeBattle_ActualScene:1730:in `pbSendOut'
I thought it wouldn't work.

Okay, different tactic. Put copies of the following code in pbForecast, within each of the "if weather==PBWeather::etc." bits:
self.form=1
pbAnimation(PBMoves::TRANSFORM,self,PBSpecies::CASTFORM)Change the form number for each weather type. Also, delete the other bit of code I told you to put in PokemonMultipleForms, because it's rubbish.

Again, I don't know if this will work.

I want to make a stone that evolves pokemon that are supposed to be traded to evolve. The notes tell how to make the stone but how do you detemine which pokemon it evolves?
That is defined in pokemon.txt. Each species can have a line "Evolutions=", which determines the species it evolves into and how.

For your case, use something like:
Evolutions=ALAKAZAM,Item,PSYCHICSTONESee the wiki (http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon#PBS.2Fpokemon.txt) for more information. See also how Gloom/Clefairy evolve, as they work the same way.

Yuegen
July 15th, 2010, 10:16 AM
I thought it wouldn't work.

Okay, different tactic. Put copies of the following code in pbForecast, within each of the "if weather==PBWeather::etc." bits:
self.form=1
pbAnimation(PBMoves::TRANSFORM,self,PBSpecies::CASTFORM)Change the form number for each weather type. Also, delete the other bit of code I told you to put in PokemonMultipleForms, because it's rubbish.

Again, I don't know if this will work.
Thanks again for the help, but it still didn't work. This time when I had castform use rain dance it showed no effect at all and it didn't even give the message "Castform transformed!" When I changed the weather for the map and started the battle I got this message while sending castform out:

Message: undefined method `form=' for #<PokeBattle_Battler:0x9a6c520>
PokeBattle_Battler:575:in `pbForecast'
PokeBattle_Battle:1178:in `pbOnActiveAll'
PokeBattle_Battle:1175:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:1175:in `pbOnActiveAll'
PokeBattle_Battle:717:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:493:in `pbStartBattle'
PokemonField:767:in `pbWildBattle'
PokemonField:766:in `pbSceneStandby'
PokemonField:768:in `pbWildBattle'
PokemonField:765:in `pbBattleAnimation'

Gregora
July 15th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Okay, I've got a question for you guys that's not covered in "notes" or the wiki:

How do I add items to the PC?

Like I have side quests that give items and I was planning on that whenever the player has too many of those items in their bag, the items instead get sent to their PC.

Soul.//Silver
July 15th, 2010, 02:58 PM
How would I go about including the Day/Night script in a different RMXP project? (non-Essentials). I found where the script is, but I just want to know if there are any other scripts I need to copy over (much like the Message system needs a few different scripts to be copied over).

Yuegen
July 15th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Every time i go to retreive an egg from the daycare man I get this error message:

Exception: NameError
Message: Section106:60:in `pbIsDitto?'undefined local variable or method `pokemon1' for #<Interpreter:0x9545fc8>
***Full script:
pbDayCareGenerateEgg
$PokemonGlobal.daycareEgg=0
$PokemonGlobal.daycareEggSteps=0

PokemonDayCare:160:in `pbDayCareGenerateEgg'

Whats wrong?

cesa
July 16th, 2010, 12:05 AM
This Starter Kit is VERY helpful!

Thanks a lot!

koby1
July 16th, 2010, 09:50 AM
Can some 1 help me,
I need a ring menu script and a script so the player change choose thier menu from the default one or the ring menu
I mean ive treid to do the one on like page 180 i think but i get the same error... Please help me

ashthebest10
July 16th, 2010, 11:18 AM
That is defined in pokemon.txt. Each species can have a line "Evolutions=", which determines the species it evolves into and how.

For your case, use something like:
Evolutions=ALAKAZAM,Item,PSYCHICSTONESee the wiki (http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon#PBS.2Fpokemon.txt) for more information. See also how Gloom/Clefairy evolve, as they work the same way.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. So what if I still want say, Kadabra to evolve with the Trade stone and by trading? Is this possible?

(Seperate Question) I can't figure out how to make a trainer do anything but battle and talk. The notes say just enter the event commands (like the rival battle where afterwards he walks away and disappears) and the game ignors everything except the "Comment" commands. Please help.

cesa
July 16th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Hello, want to know how to make the proffessor give the character one pokemon, because in my game, only starter is eevee but don't know how to make proffessor to give it to the character :|

Valora17
July 16th, 2010, 12:12 PM
In my game, there are two rivals. My question is, how do I make it so that Rival A gets the pokemon who has an advantage to the Trainer's Pokemon, and Rival B gets the pokemon with the disadvantage?

I was thinking conditional branch, but I'm not entirely sure if that'd work... any other ideas?

EDIT: Also, is it possible to make it so that you can enter more than 7 characters for a Name/Nickname? O.o

mackoo
July 16th, 2010, 12:29 PM
In my game, there are two rivals. My question is, how do I make it so that Rival A gets the pokemon who has an advantage to the Trainer's Pokemon, and Rival B gets the pokemon with the disadvantage?

I was thinking conditional branch, but I'm not entirely sure if that'd work... any other ideas?

Just make 3 separate trainers with same name and picture but with different pokemon and use conditional branches to decide which one would player battle. I hope you understand, cause I'm not so good at discribing things :/

cesa
July 16th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Every time i go to retreive an egg from the daycare man I get this error message:

Exception: NameError
Message: Section106:60:in `pbIsDitto?'undefined local variable or method `pokemon1' for #<Interpreter:0x9545fc8>
***Full script:
pbDayCareGenerateEgg
$PokemonGlobal.daycareEgg=0
$PokemonGlobal.daycareEggSteps=0

PokemonDayCare:160:in `pbDayCareGenerateEgg'

Whats wrong?

Have you deleted the map where you're supposed to start? If you have, go to the intro map and select the event at the center and edit it, at the end, it says to which map it will transfer when intro is done, so edit where it says where you'll be transfered and put in the map where you want to start.

Yuegen
July 16th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Have you deleted the map where you're supposed to start? If you have, go to the intro map and select the event at the center and edit it, at the end, it says to which map it will transfer when intro is done, so edit where it says where you'll be transfered and put in the map where you want to start.
O.o Did you accidently quote me? That has nothing to do with the error at all, I wouldn't have even gotten that far if that were the case. And I mean no offense by the way. Thanks for replying though :)

legato
July 16th, 2010, 12:50 PM
kinda a dumb question but my friend wants secret bases in the game im making for him how do i set that up...you know use secret power on a certain spot opens up a room where u can move items around and stuff?

Maruno
July 16th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Thanks. So what if I still want say, Kadabra to evolve with the Trade stone and by trading? Is this possible?

(Seperate Question) I can't figure out how to make a trainer do anything but battle and talk. The notes say just enter the event commands (like the rival battle where afterwards he walks away and disappears) and the game ignors everything except the "Comment" commands. Please help.
Evolutions=ALAKAZAM,Trade,TRADESTONE,ALAKAZAM,Item,TRADESTONE

It's fine for a pokémon to evolve into another Pokémon via multiple different methods (e.g. Eevee could evolve into Leafeon via either map-based happy level up or by using the Leaf Stone).

(Separate question) Try deleting the comments. They've served their purpose (they generated the battle/talk event commands when the game was compiled). If there are no commands to compile, maybe they won't overwrite the additional stuff you've put in. You don't strictly need to use the comments at all; they just make it easier to set up a simple trainer.

EDIT: Also, is it possible to make it so that you can enter more than 7 characters for a Name/Nickname? O.o

When you pick a starter, set a game variable to a different number depending on which starter you chose (e.g. 1=Bulbasaur, 2=Charmander, 3=Squirtle).

As mentioned earlier, make three versions of the rival for each encounter, each using a different starter.

When you encounter your rival, make a conditional branch that checks the value of that game variable. If the variable equals 1, then start a battle against the version of the rival that has a Charmander. If 2, the rival has a Squirtle. And so on. Or if it's the other rival, they use the weaker starter instead. It works just the same.

The wiki (http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Rival) explains all of this in detail, including the name length question.

ashthebest10
July 16th, 2010, 01:52 PM
[QUOTE=Maruno;5975203]Evolutions=ALAKAZAM,Trade,TRADESTONE,ALAKAZAM,Item,TRADESTONE

It's fine for a pokémon to evolve into another Pokémon via multiple different methods (e.g. Eevee could evolve into Leafeon via either map-based happy level up or by using the Leaf Stone).

(Separate question) Try deleting the comments. They've served their purpose (they generated the battle/talk event commands when the game was compiled). If there are no commands to compile, maybe they won't overwrite the additional stuff you've put in. You don't strictly need to use the comments at all; they just make it easier to set up a simple trainer.

Thanks man. Appreciate the help.

cesa
July 16th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Hey, have sorted out how to add pokemon, saw it in the wiki but, it says that I have to put pbAddToParty(PBSpecies::species,level) as a conditional branch but, there is no switch named like that, what I do now?

Maruno
July 16th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Hey, have sorted out how to add pokemon, saw it in the wiki but, it says that I have to put pbAddToParty(PBSpecies::species,level) as a conditional branch but, there is no switch named like that, what I do now?
It's not a switch, it's code.

When adding a conditional branch to an event, the window that appears allowing you to choose an argument for it actually has four tabs in it. The first one has Switch, Variable, Self Switch and Timer in it. The fourth tab has Script - select that and put the script in the text box there.

cesa
July 16th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Ok, thanks a lot lot, I had some problems with this.

Another question >_<

How can I do to when a event finishes, it never happens again? I mean, with the proffessor, how can I prevent the player just keeps clicking to get the eevee?

Cilerba
July 16th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Ok, thanks a lot lot, I had some problems with this.

Another question >_<

How can I do to when a event finishes, it never happens again? I mean, with the proffessor, how can I prevent the player just keeps clicking to get the eevee?

To do that, you would need to set a self switch at the end of the event, then create a second page and under conditions, check off Self Switch.

Fraot
July 16th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Hey, me again.
I was editing some scripts and I got with something... It's driving me crazy:
First: On the double wild battles, one of the pokémon doesn't appear.
Second: For some... reason(I don't wanna write bad words)the typing is kind of wrong. When Charizard uses Fire Blast on my Venusaur, it is not super effective and the sound "superdamage.wav" is not played but "normaldamage.wav". Then, I use Petal Dance on it and it's super effective!!!(and the superdamage.wav sound is played as well). But when I use Bubblebeam, or any other water move, on it(yes, Venusaur has Bubblebeam and Aqua Jet...) nothing happens, the game skips the moment when Venusaur uses BubbleBeam and then Charizard uses it's move like normal.

That's not very important, is it?
Whatever, if you can help mer with that, I would be happy and thankful.

But the most important thing is to create some method to write text with stroke. I wanted to make my game's font like Black and White's(which looks beautiful) and I need to put stroke on it, instead of shadow.

EDIT:
See the attachment... BTW, that purple thing is Mr. Square, it's my best friend when I'm modifying my scripts. The databoxes don't look cool like that. I need the stroke to do it right.

Valora17
July 16th, 2010, 04:02 PM
@Maruno: Thank you for linking to the rival page :) Though I can't seem to find the page which instructs on changing the amount of characters...

And also, I have another question: Is it possible to define which ability a pokemon has when it is owned by another trainer (IE: Pkmn Trainer Jacob has a Budew with Poison Point instead of a random choice between Poison Point and Natural Cure)

Pokeman298
July 16th, 2010, 04:23 PM
um, im having a problem. when i test play my game, and i try and put the character's name, this happens

Message: Section070:130:in `initialize'undefined method `pbGetLanguage' for #<PokeBattle_Trainer:0xa5116e0 @name="G">
***Full script:
pbTrainerName

PokemonUtilities:1524:in `new'
PokemonUtilities:1524:in `pbTrainerName'

plz help

EDIT
nvm i fixed it...

KitsuneKouta
July 16th, 2010, 05:18 PM
kinda a dumb question but my friend wants secret bases in the game im making for him how do i set that up...you know use secret power on a certain spot opens up a room where u can move items around and stuff?The using secret power thing is pretty easy. You would need to check the trainer's party for the move, so make a small script of some sort and call it in an event (the entrance to the base). The script would be like this (it will probably work, but I won't guarantee it):

def pbSecretPower
Kernel.pbMessage("It looks like a Secret Base can be made here.")
if Kernel.pbConfirmMessage("Would you like to use Secret Power?")
for i in 0...$Trainer.party.length
for j in 0...4
if $Trainer.party[i].moves[j].id==PBMoves::VINEWHIP
hasMove=true
end
end
end
if hasMove==true
Kernel.pbMessage("{1} used Secret Power!",$Trainer.party[i])
return true
else
Kernel.pbMessage("You don't have a Pokemon with Secret Power.")
return false
end
endI'm not entirely sure about the last chunk (under if hasMove==true), but you get the idea. If you have it, it should return true, so you would need a conditional branch like this: Conditional Branch: Script: pbSecretPower==true. Again, I'm not really sure that it will work like that, and you could use a switch instead of return true or return false. As for decorating the base, that is a whole other monster. There's a decorating script that's designed to work with the SDK, but it isn't compatible with essentials (last I checked). If you want to make a secret base system, good luck.

cesa
July 16th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Thanks a lot Cilerba, will do it when I can :D

Cadeath
July 17th, 2010, 12:57 AM
Can anyone assist me on my error...

mackoo
July 17th, 2010, 03:11 AM
I've tried to make event following player. It's not a partner trainer, just event. I did everything like it was explained on the Wiki. Well, at least I guess so :/
Here's my script which i called:
Kernel.pbAddDependency2
'('12,"Alice",15')'
And here's error that I get when this part of event i supposed to proceed:
Pokemon Nephrite

'('12,"Alice",15')'
^

***Full script:

Kernel.pbAddDependency2
'('12,"Alice",15')'

C:\Users\Maćko\Saved Games/errorlog.txt.

OK

Beam Me Up, Furry Bandit!
July 17th, 2010, 06:20 AM
Every time I'm about to teleport from my intro to the my other intro, i get this:

Exception: TypeError
Sprite_Character:93:in `+'
Sprite_Character:93:in `update_or'
Sprite_Character:33:in `perspectivetilemap_initialize'
PerspectiveTilemap:404:in `shadow_initialize'
Shadow:155:in `initialize'
Spriteset_Map:147:in `new'
Spriteset_Map:147:in `_animationSprite_initialize'
AnimationSprite:42:in `shadow_initialize'

Poeman
July 17th, 2010, 07:36 AM
You should know where the correct section is, you've been here long enough <_<

Maruno
July 17th, 2010, 07:49 AM
@Maruno: Thank you for linking to the rival page :) Though I can't seem to find the page which instructs on changing the amount of characters...

And also, I have another question: Is it possible to define which ability a pokemon has when it is owned by another trainer (IE: Pkmn Trainer Jacob has a Budew with Poison Point instead of a random choice between Poison Point and Natural Cure)
The maximum name length is indeed detailed on the Rival page, as I said. Read it properly. Hint: it involves the number 7.

It's a bit fiddly to modify trainers.txt and the scripts to allow you to define a Pokémon's ability (or gender or nickname or etc.). I don't really know how to do it. My advice is that you don't try.

Can anyone assist me on my error...

You're using an old version of Essentials. Upgrade to the latest version.

I've tried to make event following player. It's not a partner trainer, just event. I did everything like it was explained on the Wiki. Well, at least I guess so :/
Here's my script which i called:
Kernel.pbAddDependency2
'('12,"Alice",15')'And here's error that I get when this part of event i supposed to proceed:
Pokemon Nephrite
'('12,"Alice",15')'
^

***Full script:
Kernel.pbAddDependency2
'('12,"Alice",15')'

OK

The script you're using is wrong, because it has random apostrophes in (where did you get those from?). Try this:
Kernel.pbAddDependency2(
12,"Alice",15)

ozumadrew
July 17th, 2010, 07:53 AM
this should be in the essentials thread,Someone lock this please!!

Exorc
July 17th, 2010, 10:31 AM
This occurs when I try to Playtest my game:

Assistance, please?

Black Deoxys
July 17th, 2010, 11:33 AM
How do you change the menu to something like the HGSS menu?

cesa
July 17th, 2010, 11:50 AM
This occurs when I try to Playtest my game:

[quote]This occurs when I try to Playtest my game:

Where exactly is your player starting? I mean, where did you put the starting point for the player?

ashthebest10
July 17th, 2010, 06:26 PM
First of all I'd like to encourage you all to check out my thread "Plug-ins" and see if you may be able to provide some good stuff. Anyway, I just want to issue a challange.
Create a battle system that is exactly like Pokemon Battle Revolution on the Wii for essentials. This seems crazy and may be impossible but it would be awsome! I know this would require alot of scripting and god knows what else but maybe everybodys work togeth can add up to something great. Let's face it, The plain old stand there and watch battle animations hit a stationary pokemon is just old, even the videos of Black and white I've seen arent much of an improvement. I't would be cool to have the same map tiles and all but the battle system need a super-vamp. Really Pokemon XD Gale of darkness was the best one yet. Anyway, if you think you can take the challange, visit the Plug-In's thread and take it from there. I don't want to clog this thread up but I thought I could get the biggest audience here. Good Luck!

xElite
July 17th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Sorry for not looking through all 300 pages, but I'm trying to put Aqua Ring into my game. I'm having some difficulties putting it in. I thought it would be easier than Roost. >.> I got that worked out, if anyone needs to know how.

Anyways, what I did works, it's just that it doesn't stop when the user switches out, and it works twice. I've double checked - I didn't put it in twice.

Here's the coding (I also assigned a value for AquaRing in the PBEffects, and a move effect that activates it):
# Aqua Ring
for i in priority
next if i.hp<=0
if i.effects[PBEffects::AquaRing]
hpgain=(i.totalhp/16).floor
if hpgain=0
hpgain=1
end
i.pbRecoverHP(hpgain)
pbDisplay(_INTL("AQUA RING recovered {1}'s HP a little!",i.pbThis)) if hpgain>0
end
end

Cadeath
July 18th, 2010, 05:40 AM
The maximum name length is indeed detailed on the Rival page, as I said. Read it properly. Hint: it involves the number 7.

It's a bit fiddly to modify trainers.txt and the scripts to allow you to define a Pokémon's ability (or gender or nickname or etc.). I don't really know how to do it. My advice is that you don't try.

You're using an old version of Essentials. Upgrade to the latest version.

The script you're using is wrong, because it has random apostrophes in (where did you get those from?). Try this:
Kernel.pbAddDependency2(
12,"Alice",15)

what version is now?
where can I get the new version? I download it in upokecenter...

Maruno
July 18th, 2010, 06:07 AM
The latest version can be found here (http://upokecenter.com/projects/pokestarter/). The latest version is currently May 7th 2010.

carmaniac
July 18th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Well I don't post here often but I'm asking a very simple question that I can't figure out, well what I think is simple.
I'm wondering if anyone knows how to change the limitations of the map scrolling in the pokegear map. My map goes past the limits and it's rather odd how I can't 'move it down'. Images posted as attatchments.

Colbex
July 18th, 2010, 08:53 AM
oh oh! I think I know the answer to that one. o.o
In PokemonArea near the very top you should see something like this:
class PokemonAreaMapScene

LEFT=0
TOP=0
RIGHT=28
BOTTOM=16Those numbers are what determine how far you can scroll in each direction. it takes a bit of playing around with, but you should figure it out with no problems. o.o

carmaniac
July 18th, 2010, 09:07 AM
oh oh! I think I know the answer to that one. o.o
In PokemonArea near the very top you should see something like this:
class PokemonAreaMapScene

LEFT=0
TOP=0
RIGHT=28
BOTTOM=16Those numbers are what determine how far you can scroll in each direction. it takes a bit of playing around with, but you should figure it out with no problems. o.o
You sir are a genious, I thought it could have been to do with that but didn't think about messing with it.

jm0904
July 18th, 2010, 09:12 AM
SpriteWindow:732:in `chdir'
SpriteWindow:732:in `initialize'
SpriteWindow:201:in `new'
SpriteWindow:201:in `initialize'
SpriteWindow:2911:in `new'
SpriteWindow:2911:in `initialize'
SpriteWindow:3740:in `initialize'
PokemonLoad:13:in `new'
PokemonLoad:13:in `pbStartScene'
PokemonLoad:265:in `pbStartLoadScreen'

help me!... I can't english well..

Colbex
July 18th, 2010, 09:24 AM
You sir are a genious, I thought it could have been to do with that but didn't think about messing with it.

Nah, you should always mess with stuff... o.o It makes it easier. XD Just be sure to comment the stuff out and copy/paste it, then edit.. Else you might mess up something permanently. =x

Anyway, here's my question. I've been playtesting and I discovered something odd. During double battles that occur when two separate trainers notice you at the same time, nothing happens... Well, kinda. The battle will start and kinda work right. Except the only PokéMon capable of doing anything is the first one on your side. It'll just loop you selecting an attack and attacking. While the other trainers pokemon just sit there(along with your second poke) and die. (poor Abra's)

EDIT: @jm0904... Just posting the error won't help.. You should describe what you were doing as to getting to the bottom of why the error happened. On a side note, google translator is useful for speaking different languages... even if it is remotely incorrect it would help get the problems across. =x

jm0904
July 18th, 2010, 09:39 AM

help me!... I can't english well..

Nah, you should always mess with stuff... o.o It makes it easier. XD Just be sure to comment the stuff out and copy/paste it, then edit.. Else you might mess up something permanently. =x

Anyway, here's my question. I've been playtesting and I discovered something odd. During double battles that occur when two separate trainers notice you at the same time, nothing happens... Well, kinda. The battle will start and kinda work right. Except the only PokéMon capable of doing anything is the first one on your side. It'll just loop you selecting an attack and attacking. While the other trainers pokemon just sit there(along with your second poke) and die. (poor Abra's)

EDIT: @jm0904... Just posting the error won't help.. You should describe what you were doing as to getting to the bottom of why the error happened. On a side note, google translator is useful for speaking different languages... even if it is remotely incorrect it would help get the problems across. =x

I downloaded the starter kit was tested after the play. But the error with a message was born. Today is the first I'd like to use starter kit.

maldicion069
July 18th, 2010, 10:21 AM
I need a NEO MODE 7 with compatiblity for POKESTARTER.
I don´t found another NEO MODE 7 that are okay with POKESTARTER.
Sorry, i write in english very bad.
I used the NEO MODE 7 that POKEMON ORIGIN said in it threads, but it doesn´t work in pokestarter.
PLease, i need NEO MODE 7 for do my game.

carmaniac
July 18th, 2010, 10:58 AM
I need a NEO MODE 7 with compatiblity for POKESTARTER.
I don´t found another NEO MODE 7 that are okay with POKESTARTER.
Sorry, i write in english very bad.
I used the NEO MODE 7 that POKEMON ORIGIN said in it threads, but it doesn´t work in pokestarter.
PLease, i need NEO MODE 7 for do my game.
You do realise what people say as a need is just a want.
There is only one version of Neo Mode 7 which is not compatible with the essentials starter kit what so ever unless you have scripting abilities, that's how Pokémon Origin has it because the leader happened to have scripting knowledge and intergrate it into the starter kit. So my best thing to say is learn how to script and see if you can intergrate it.

maldicion069
July 18th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Thank you.
How to created a animated trainer in battle, for example, a leader?

Yuoaman
July 18th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Merged into the Pokemon Essentials thread.

Soul.//Silver
July 18th, 2010, 04:27 PM
How would I go about including the Day/Night script in a different RMXP project? (non-Essentials). I found where the script is, but I just want to know if there are any other scripts I need to copy over (much like the Message system needs a few different scripts to be copied over).

Just a Bump~PM me if needed

xElite
July 18th, 2010, 05:31 PM
I'm trying to put some abilities in that damage the enemy at around the same time as weather damage is done.

Is there any way to differentiate between the two Pokemon on the field? Some of the abilities already in there use "i.ability[PBAbilities::X]" but that doesn't quite help if you want the opponent to the Pokemon that has that ability. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry if this has been answered before. I've only skimmed through this thread (as there's 301 pages), and I'm very new to Ruby (but I want to learn).

jm0904
July 18th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Main:16:in `mainFunction'
Exception: Errno::EINVAL

Starter kit for a test play, you receive an error message.
Please help me. I want to make a new version soon.

incognito322
July 18th, 2010, 05:39 PM
Okay, I have a few things I'd like to sort out...
Is there something that allows you to zoom in slightly? Like for going in/out of houses?
Also, is there something that allows you to raise the player and other characters up a few pixels? So they don't walk a complete step in some instances?
Both features I'd like to add to my game; I just don't know if they've been implemented in Essentials and I've overlooked it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mackoo
July 19th, 2010, 01:22 AM
Looks like I'm cappable of destroying every single event that has call script command...
Here's script: pbAddPokemon("SHINX",5)
It's just like example in notes html, so I have no idea what's wrong this time...
Here's error.

Message: Section130:2261:in `pbAddPokemon'undefined method `species' for "SHINX":String

***Full script:

pbAddPokemon("SHINX",5)

OK

Also thank you Maruno for your help last time.

venom12
July 19th, 2010, 01:27 AM
Mackoo try using this
pbAddPokemon(PBSpecies::SHINX,5)

mackoo
July 19th, 2010, 02:07 AM
Thank you venom12, it works now. I guess notes for Essentials are a little bit outdated...

ashthebest10
July 19th, 2010, 07:23 AM
To everybody who visited the plug ins section and completely shot me down, I would like to appologize for my resoponse and the bad idea. I was trying to make all these average games better. Theres just too many, and alot of people don't have teams of people to help them. Sorry again and I hope to help each other soon. Esspecialy to Luka, I appologize, your the sh... best. LOL

Starrmyt
July 19th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Alright, hopefully I'll get an answer to this: :D

So I was in the middle of programming the first rival battle of my game Pokemon Helio Version, when this happened. http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/7457/selenehead.png

Needless to say, I wasnt very surprised because the system is built for 3rd gen graphics. So I enlarged the box and moved the Selene sprite to the bottom to see if that solved it.
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/8034/hatcutoff.png

So it helped. But I tried it again for a few more pixels, but it wouldnt go any further. This leads me to believe that there is a script which keeps the trainer image box bottom at a certain height on the battle screen. Would there be a way for me to edit this to make the trainer go lower?

mackoo
July 19th, 2010, 07:37 AM
I've got another question (what a surprise...). I can't seem to find on Wiki or in notes instructions for making trainer battle during event (I mean to call some script to start specific trainer battle). I also need to allow player to lose the battle.
I've tried just making conditional branch with script: pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::PkMn Trainer_Alice,"Alice",_I("Excellent."),false,0,true)
But some error pops up. I guess I don't even have to post it, because probally I did everything wrong :(

Exorc
July 19th, 2010, 09:15 AM
Where exactly is your player starting? I mean, where did you put the starting point for the player?

In Pallet Town where Red starts the game, in front of the NES. I decided to put it there to playtest the game, as a temporary point until I add my custom region.

venom12
July 19th, 2010, 09:26 AM
So i got problem when my pokemon using attack uproar i got this error.

PokeBattle_MoveEffects:2406:in `pbEffect'
PokeBattle_Battler:1632:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:1631:in `logonerr'
PokeBattle_Battler:1631:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:1935:in `pbProcessTurn'
PokeBattle_Battler:1934:in `logonerr'
PokeBattle_Battler:1934:in `pbProcessTurn'
PokeBattle_Battle:2908:in `pbAttackPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:2907:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:2907:in `pbAttackPhase'

matrockista06