PDA

View Full Version : [Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39

Xx1ncit3xX
February 27th, 2011, 12:34 AM
My RGSS Editor and Game stopped working :( why would this happen when im almost finished lol. does anyone know how to fix it?

Cilerba
February 27th, 2011, 6:53 AM
What exactly do you mean by "it stopped working?"
Did you get some sort of error at all?

FL
February 27th, 2011, 7:50 AM
Does anyone have a DPPt/BW move list, I recently updated my pokemon and they include the newer moves. Was just checking to see if anyone has already release a moves.txt that includes the newer moves. I have begun working on my own and If there are no complete versions I will continue mine and release it when done I guess. Let me know :) thanks in advance.

Just realized the latest version of essentials already has it. Will be upgrading my project hope it all goes well...Do you knows that the news effects need to be manually coded.
And the BW moves won't come with none of essentials versions!

Xx1ncit3xX
February 27th, 2011, 9:06 AM
Its all good. Some data went missing but i fixed it. The problem I'm having now is with my poke center script. I cant figure out what to write in the script so she actually heals my Pokemon and poke balls come up on the thingy. I checked essentials wiki and it doesn't actually tell you the script to put in it only has pics which are hard to read properly, can anyone help me?

FL
February 27th, 2011, 10:07 AM
I found more bugs, I not sure about versions.

List top Glitch
Versions: All
How activate: Press "z" and "List top".
Effect: The cursor goes to the second pokémon, not the first.
How fix: in PokemonPokedex, around line 750 change the 1 to 0 in this line :@sprites["pokedex"].index=1

Parlyz Heal Glitch
How activate: Use Parlyz Heal in battle to cure Paralysis.
Effect: Parlyz Heal won't work in battle, you get back to the menu screen.
How fix: In PokemonDefaultItems, around line 750 change
ItemHandlers::BattleUseOnPokemon.copy(:CHESTOBERRY,:PARLYZHEAL)
to
ItemHandlers::BattleUseOnPokemon.copy(:CHERIBERRY,:PARLYZHEAL)

Burn Glitch
How activate: Use a Special move witch burn status.
Effect: The burn cut the ATK AND SATK in half when its only cut the ATK.
How fix: In PokeBattle_Move, around line 430 delete
# Burns
if attacker.status == PBStatuses::BURN &&
!isConst?(attacker.ability,PBAbilities,:GUTS) && !isConst?(@id,PBMoves,:FACADE)
damage=(damage/2).floor
end
And around 340, below
if isConst?(attacker.ability,PBAbilities,:FLASHFIRE) && attacker.effects[PBEffects::FlashFire] && isConst?(type,PBTypes,:FIRE)
basedmg=(basedmg*1.5).floor
end
Insert:
# Burns Correction
if attacker.status == PBStatuses::BURN &&
!isConst?(attacker.ability,PBAbilities,:GUTS) && !isConst?(@id,PBMoves,:FACADE)
atk=(atk*0.5).floor
end

Move Cursor Glitch
How activate: Have a pokémon with 3/4 moves, press up when selecting a move in top.
Effect: The cursor goes down, but the move selected doesn't change.
How fix: Unknown

I didn't know if is a glitch, but I can jump (using surf) in bridges (or other platform type) to water O__o
This isn't exactly a glitch, but when I go to the below in a 50x300 map, the FPS goes to approximately 10 T__T

Cilerba
February 27th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Its all good. Some data went missing but i fixed it. The problem I'm having now is with my poke center script. I cant figure out what to write in the script so she actually heals my Pokemon and poke balls come up on the thingy. I checked essentials wiki and it doesn't actually tell you the script to put in it only has pics which are hard to read properly, can anyone help me?

Look inside of the map 'Pokemon Center' that's placed under the Test Map. There should be three events, two for the Pokéballs, and one for the nurse. You can edit those and copy them to your map.

FL
February 27th, 2011, 1:27 PM
The Poccil site, http://upokecenter.com/projects/pokestarter/ , returns! Maybe new content for essentials come out.
I think's that this site returns last week.

Xx1ncit3xX
February 27th, 2011, 9:54 PM
Hey i was i wondering if anyone knows how to script the professor so he tells you to pick your pokemon. I copied the one from essentials but when i walk into the lab it goes strait to choosing your starter, no opening text. I scripted in the pokedex but after i choose my starter professor dissapears.

Mrchewy
February 28th, 2011, 12:54 AM
Thanks for the bug reports FL. They're very handy indeed!

I didn't know if is a glitch, but I can jump (using surf) in bridges (or other platform type) to water O__o

Poccil actually implemented a way to fix this - by setting the terrain tag of bridge tiles to 13.

Hey i was i wondering if anyone knows how to script the professor so he tells you to pick your pokemon. I copied the one from essentials but when i walk into the lab it goes strait to choosing your starter, no opening text. I scripted in the pokedex but after i choose my starter professor dissapears.

Most of what you're doing isn't strictly Essentials related, as displaying dialogue, controlling switches, move routes, and so on are core parts of RGXP. Plus I don't really understand what you're asking.

Do you want to know how to add more speech? Easy, use "Show Text". Want to stop the professor from disappearing? Make sure that there's no switch controls on her.

Martinixon
February 28th, 2011, 8:31 PM
I get this error when using the default Battle palace, tower, etc. in my game.
this events work on an untouched kit, and I have edited some scripts, nothing fancy only fixed bugs, if anyone knows how to fix it please help me.
And if someone knows where was the day/night script, I changed it to an old one in my project, but I can't remember/find it now.

Exception: RuntimeError

Message: Script error within event 9, map 79 (Battle Palace):

Exception: NoMethodError

Message: Section117:820:in `hasValidTeam?'undefined method `pbEachCombination' for #<PokemonRuleSet:0x8d4bb98>

***Full script:

!pbHasEligible?(3,100)

Interpreter:239:in `pbExecuteScript'

PokemonOrgBattle:37:in `pbHasEligible?'

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:785:in `eval'

Interpreter:785:in `command_111'

Interpreter:318:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:191:in `update'

Interpreter:104:in `loop'

Interpreter:196:in `update'

Interpreter:274:in `pbExecuteScript'

Scene_Map:96:in `update'

Scene_Map:94:in `loop'

Scene_Map:107:in `update'

Scene_Map:63:in `main'

thepsynergist
February 28th, 2011, 8:54 PM
I get this error when using the default Battle palace, tower, etc. in my game.
this events work on an untouched kit, and I have edited some scripts, nothing fancy only fixed bugs, if anyone knows how to fix it please help me.
And if someone knows where was the day/night script, I changed it to an old one in my project, but I can't remember/find it now.

Message: Script error within event 9, map 79 (Battle Palace):

Message: Section117:820:in `hasValidTeam?'undefined method `pbEachCombination' for #<PokemonRuleSet:0x8d4bb98>

***Full script:

!pbHasEligible?(3,100)

PokemonOrgBattle:37:in `pbHasEligible?'

Telling us what scripts you edited might help us help you out.

Martinixon
March 1st, 2011, 2:11 PM
Telling us what scripts you edited might help us help you out.

I edited Scene_Intro
PokemonStorage
PokemonDayCare
PokemonItems
and the one for the day/night but I can't remember the name (if you can tell me)

Martinixon
March 3rd, 2011, 5:40 PM
I edited Scene_Intro
PokemonStorage
PokemonDayCare
PokemonItems
and the one for the day/night but I can't remember the name (if you can tell me)

Forget about it, I got the cause of this error.

udivision
March 4th, 2011, 7:54 PM
I found more bugs, I not sure about versions.

*Helpful list*

Can we have an official, updated list in a separate thread or something? I feel like there are a bunch of fixes that are lost in the pages of this thread. I'd make and mantain it myself it it meant me popping in every page to look what was posted, but I feel that there are some of you who know fixes that have been mentioned in the past.

Mrchewy
March 5th, 2011, 12:24 AM
Can we have an official, updated list in a separate thread or something? I feel like there are a bunch of fixes that are lost in the pages of this thread. I'd make and mantain it myself it it meant me popping in every page to look what was posted, but I feel that there are some of you who know fixes that have been mentioned in the past.

A lot of these fixes are actually posted on the Wiki, and they're pretty well accounted for. FL has been the only person to actively post bug fixes though, so just search through his post history ; )

udivision
March 5th, 2011, 8:33 AM
Just searched "fix" in the wiki. It seems like even then, the bugs and fixes are scattered about, so you'd only find the fix if you were reading in about a specific feature anyway.

It's been a while sine poccil updated, so I was thinking we could make a "fixed" version of his latest one.

EDIT: Wow, didn't know how extensive the bugs in this were after doing some more digging. I guess I should hold off on doing much with it yet.

FL
March 5th, 2011, 4:42 PM
This isn't exactly a glitch, but when I go to the below in a 50x300 map, the FPS goes to approximately 10 T__TI make more tests and found that this occurs in 2010 April version but, for some reason, not in 2009 November version (even if I disable the Day/Night thing)!

Poccil actually implemented a way to fix this - by setting the terrain tag of bridge tiles to 13.I are USING tag 13 in differents ways, and none works =C

Just searched "fix" in the wiki. It seems like even then, the bugs and fixes are scattered about, so you'd only find the fix if you were reading in about a specific feature anyway.Yeah, I agree that one page with this will be good to the wiki. This thread is rich in information, had a lot of this bugs, some I pick for this list. Maybe one courageous person read at least one big part of this thread and list some bug corrections. I also had some in my PC (like the ItemMale and ItemFemale glitch and no pokedex cry/area Glitch)

Maruno
March 5th, 2011, 5:32 PM
I are USING tag 13 in differents ways, and none works =C
Bridges are fiddly things, and well deserve their own page in the wiki (it's pending creation by anyone who wants to, hint hint).

To solve your problem, I think you need to go into PokemonHiddenMoves, and find the below procedure. Then add in the red part.

Events.onAction+=proc{|sender,e|
terrain=Kernel.pbFacingTerrainTag
if pbIsWaterTag?(terrain) &&
!$PokemonGlobal.surfing &&
!pbGetMetadata($game_map.map_id,MetadataBicycleAlways) &&
!$PokemonMap.bridge
Kernel.pbSurf
return
end
}That should prevent interactions with the water (i.e. to start surfing) while on a bridge. This won't stop the player choosing to use Surf from the party screen, though (although who does that?) - you'll need to edit the CanUseMove hidden move handler for Surf (just above the code quoted above) to add in a "return false if $PokemonMap.bridge" bit (without a message).

Yeah, I agree that one page with this will be good to the wiki. This thread is rich in information, had a lot of this bugs, some I pick for this list. Maybe one courageous person read at least one big part of this thread and list some bug corrections. I also had some in my PC (like the ItemMale and ItemFemale glitch and no pokedex cry/area Glitch)
The wiki intentionally separates the bugs into the various pages, for a number of reasons, including relevance to the rest of the article, not having one huge page that you can get lost in, and less chance of bug repetition.

Having said that, a page listing all articles containing bug fixes would be useful, and would provide a base where people can mention other bugs they've noticed/fixed (the talk page, of course). Actually, I think this can be a category rather than an actual page, with the category talk page a dumping ground for bugs/fixes to be moved into appropriate articles, as well as any other useful links (e.g. to posts in this thread). I'll get on that shortly.

Atomic Reactor
March 7th, 2011, 8:15 PM
I read over the attack animation page on the wiki site, but my question was not answered there. so i decided i will post here.

When doing attack animations, i am using rmxp's editor (the custom one doesn't work)
so when i do attacks like leech seed, or fly, or moves that take multiple animations... what do i do?

Like would i make an animation for leech seed.
then does it use the animation for absorb for the next turn? or how does it exactly work lol.

Sichlor
March 8th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Hey guys,
most of those who have a computer as "slow" as mine might have noticed,
that essentials lags in constant intervals.
Even with ENABLESHADING=false, my version (and any other clean one i've tested with shading disabled) lags exactly every 5 steps.
As that kind of really bugs me, i at least wanna try to fix or improve that code block (or delete it depending on its importance), but I have no idea where i should start looking, or even what exactly i'm looking for.
Does anybody have an idea what causes this lag?
I would really appreciate any help or approach...

Greetings,
Sichlor

xaeroonex
March 8th, 2011, 8:04 PM
i am using rpgmaker xp and pokemon essentials. i have a trainer set up in the beginning of my game right after you select your pokemon, that jumps you and steals the two pokemon that you didnt choose. before he runs away he battles you with the two pokemon. the only problem i am having is making him disapear after the battle. nothing i try is working, self switches, regular switches...nothing. anyone have any tips?

Darkthrone
March 9th, 2011, 9:46 AM
I have the same problem, I want to have trainers throughout the game that after you beat them they just say good battle or such, now when i win and press on them again they do the same thing over and over.

carmaniac
March 9th, 2011, 11:39 AM
did you by any chance make an blank even page that is only active if there is a switch on?
And by the way wrong place to post this question.

Vau
March 9th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Hello. :-)

I have a little problem with the message system:
'Is it possible to set the "beep" sound between two messages to 0 Volume?'
But not permanent, only for one dialogue.

Vau

Maruno
March 10th, 2011, 2:45 PM
I have the same problem, I want to have trainers throughout the game that after you beat them they just say good battle or such, now when i win and press on them again they do the same thing over and over.
When the player wins the battle, you should set the trainer's event's Self Switch A to ON. Then have a page in that event that depends on it being ON, and have whatever random text you want in there.

Using comments to set up trainers will do this automatically. Just look at some existing examples of trainers to see what the event should look like, and build on that.

Darkthrone
March 11th, 2011, 8:27 AM
When the player wins the battle, you should set the trainer's event's Self Switch A to ON. Then have a page in that event that depends on it being ON, and have whatever random text you want in there.

Using comments to set up trainers will do this automatically. Just look at some existing examples of trainers to see what the event should look like, and build on that.

I did this, but still after the conversation is done, the battle starts over again after action buttoning the trainer.

Sichlor
March 11th, 2011, 9:51 AM
I did this, but still after the conversation is done, the battle starts over again after action buttoning the trainer.

You didn't set it up properly then.

It sounds like you forgot to set self switch "A" to ON for the conditional branch returning true and/or you didn't set up the second page properly (you have to put "Self Switch "A" = ON" as a condition).
Just check the example trainers... its all there.

If you still don't get it to work: since the example trainers work, just copy one of them and edit the event to fit your needs.

Maruno
March 11th, 2011, 2:50 PM
Screenshots also help, so we can see what you're doing. Show us each of the trainer event's pages.

Sichlor
March 11th, 2011, 4:37 PM
Screenshots also help, so we can see what you're doing. Show us each of the trainer event's pages.

Yeah, I thought of that, but doesn't he need like 15 posts to to be able to post screenies/links? - so unless he spams, he'll have to wait a little....

(by the way maruno, do you by any chance have a clue regarding the lag-problem i described a few posts above? i guess if anyone knows but poccil, it might be you =D)

Greetings,
Sichlor

thepsynergist
March 11th, 2011, 5:08 PM
So far the only way of fixing it is to go back to an older version. I don't think Poccil has fixed it yet.

kamakazinazi
March 11th, 2011, 9:31 PM
Has anybody figured out how to get the triad minigame working in the current version? It doesn't seem to be adding the cards when you buy them. I don't know if there are any other problems with it because i can't play it without having 5 cards. So far I haven't gotten an error with it, just the game saying that I don't have any cards when I go to battle.

IceGod64
March 12th, 2011, 2:07 AM
Yeah, I thought of that, but doesn't he need like 15 posts to to be able to post screenies/links? - so unless he spams, he'll have to wait a little....

(by the way maruno, do you by any chance have a clue regarding the lag-problem i described a few posts above? i guess if anyone knows but poccil, it might be you =D)

Greetings,
Sichlor
I'm going to make this clear and simple: There is a good chance the lag just isn't fixable. The question is how old is your computer, what model is it? That's the only way anyone can seriously help you with lag. If your computer is garbage, your computer is garbage and nothing can help it. My computer is pretty low end, and I still have no trouble running Essentials.

Sichlor
March 12th, 2011, 2:27 AM
I'm going to make this clear and simple: There is a good chance the lag just isn't fixable. The question is how old is your computer, what model is it? That's the only way anyone can seriously help you with lag. If your computer is garbage, your computer is garbage and nothing can help it. My computer is pretty low end, and I still have no trouble running Essentials.

I wouldn't call it garbage.. its a AMD Athlon 3500+ single core processor with about 2.1 GHz... but it seems you all got faster ones :)
Well, the lag occurs in constant intervals.. its exactly every 5 steps(I'm not sure how many frames that is but its definitely a process that runs every x frames).
The lag lasts for like half a second so the game doesn't run smoothly...

So far the only way of fixing it is to go back to an older version. I don't think Poccil has fixed it yet.
So do you actually have this problem, too?
Do you know which version works?
I've tested older versions but i already had them renamed so i don't know HOW old they were... i'm going to search for the oldest version available and check there...

I'm pretty sure it is some kind of update function that could possibly be run only when it's needed...

EDIT: Ok, it turns out the April 3rd 2010 Version does work a LOT better...
That means its something that was changed from there to the May 7th Version...

FL
March 12th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Has anyone manage to get the bridges working? I can pass for up, but when I try to pass under bridge my characters end surf and got freezie under bridge!

Bridges are fiddly things, and well deserve their own page in the wiki (it's pending creation by anyone who wants to, hint hint).

To solve your problem, I think you need to go into PokemonHiddenMoves, and find the below procedure. Then add in the red part.

Events.onAction+=proc{|sender,e|
terrain=Kernel.pbFacingTerrainTag
if pbIsWaterTag?(terrain) &&
!$PokemonGlobal.surfing &&
!pbGetMetadata($game_map.map_id,MetadataBicycleAlways) &&
!$PokemonMap.bridge
Kernel.pbSurf
return
end
}That should prevent interactions with the water (i.e. to start surfing) while on a bridge. This won't stop the player choosing to use Surf from the party screen, though (although who does that?) - you'll need to edit the CanUseMove hidden move handler for Surf (just above the code quoted above) to add in a "return false if $PokemonMap.bridge" bit (without a message).
I am trying to use $game_map.passable?($game_player.x,$game_player.y,$game_player.direction) and put the bridge up tile impassable, but I think that you solution is the best one.

I did this, but still after the conversation is done, the battle starts over again after action buttoning the trainer.I thinks that I also had the same problem and fix in a very unusual way. I remove all the green comment in events and place 3 pages instead of just 2, but put the middle page blank. I thinks that a Trainer(x) even start on page one and jumps to page two after battle, if you make more pages you cancel this thing.

Hello. :-)

I have a little problem with the message system:
'Is it possible to set the "beep" sound between two messages to 0 Volume?'
But not permanent, only for one dialogue.

Vau
In SpriteWindow change line (aound 850) "pbSEPlay($data_system.decision_se)" to "pbSEPlay($data_system.decision_se) if !$game_switches[97]". If you do it, the SE won't play if the switch 97 is ON (you can change the switch number).

EDIT: Ok, it turns out the April 3rd 2010 Version does work a LOT better...
That means its something that was changed from there to the May 7th Version...I do the same thing

IceGod64
March 12th, 2011, 1:34 PM
I wouldn't call it garbage.. its a AMD Athlon 3500+ single core processor with about 2.1 GHz... but it seems you all got faster ones :)
Well, the lag occurs in constant intervals.. its exactly every 5 steps(I'm not sure how many frames that is but its definitely a process that runs every x frames).
There you go. The difference in our processor is pretty big:
Intel Pentium E5400, 2.7GHz with 2 cores.

With that said, it's odd that from what you say, the lag only occurs every 5 steps or so. Do me a favor, start your game, press F2 so it'll show you your FPS, and walk around for a bit, tell me what FPS you get normally. Pokemon Essentials runs at 40fps by default.

Sichlor
March 12th, 2011, 2:21 PM
There you go. The difference in our processor is pretty big:
Intel Pentium E5400, 2.7GHz with 2 cores.

With that said, it's odd that from what you say, the lag only occurs every 5 steps or so. Do me a favor, start your game, press F2 so it'll show you your FPS, and walk around for a bit, tell me what FPS you get normally. Pokemon Essentials runs at 40fps by default.

Between 45 and 60... and it doesn't even go down during the lags...
i tried to record it, but the frame rate does go down when i'm screen capturing...
well, at least you can somewhat see that its in constant intervals:
http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2wq5yl2&s=7
(due to the capturing its not perfect, but you get the idea)

FL
March 12th, 2011, 3:01 PM
I see this error here several times, but the only fix yet is to use a older version...
Between 45 and 60... and it doesn't even go down during the lags...
i tried to record it, but the frame rate does go down when i'm screen capturing...
well, at least you can somewhat see that its in constant intervals:
http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2wq5yl2&s=7
(due to the capturing its not perfect, but you get the idea)How you get 45 or 60 if the max is 40? But you edited the max? Tell your max.
Anyway, in my computer when I have used the 2010 May version the lag is a little more fast but occurs much more often.

Sichlor
March 12th, 2011, 5:31 PM
I see this error here several times, but the only fix yet is to use a older version...
How you get 45 or 60 if the max is 40? But you edited the max? Tell your max.
Anyway, in my computer when I have used the 2010 May version the lag is a little more fast but occurs much more often.

Actually, I did set it to 75 some time ago and forgot about it... oO :)
When i put it back to 40 its usually around 33-39 but occasionally drops to about 27...
Yeah so i guess that does mean my processor is a little slow after all,
but it still doesn't explain whats causing the constant lag
i guess i have to live with it, get a better computer or somehow find the line(s) by luck...
thanks anyway guys....

Maruno
March 12th, 2011, 6:49 PM
Actually, I did set it to 75 some time ago and forgot about it... oO :)
When i put it back to 40 its usually around 33-39 but occasionally drops to about 27...
Yeah so i guess that does mean my processor is a little slow after all,
but it still doesn't explain whats causing the constant lag
i guess i have to live with it, get a better computer or somehow find the line(s) by luck...
thanks anyway guys....
It's strange that it occurs exactly every so many steps, although it may not necessarily be every X steps that it happens - it might be every X frames instead.

The only things I can think of that might be causing it are the poison checks (every 4 steps), and something to do with the BGM. It may also be due to the day/night system.

Some things to check are: does the lag occur even while you're standing still? Looking at some constantly animated thing (e.g. the fountain in Celadon) would help. Is it always the same number of steps/time, or does it vary?

Also, find a way to compare the scripts to see what's changed, and then see if there's anything that looks like it is called frequently and would take a while to do.

Sichlor
March 13th, 2011, 6:31 AM
It's strange that it occurs exactly every so many steps, although it may not necessarily be every X steps that it happens - it might be every X frames instead.

The only things I can think of that might be causing it are the poison checks (every 4 steps), and something to do with the BGM. It may also be due to the day/night system.

Some things to check are: does the lag occur even while you're standing still? Looking at some constantly animated thing (e.g. the fountain in Celadon) would help. Is it always the same number of steps/time, or does it vary?

Also, find a way to compare the scripts to see what's changed, and then see if there's anything that looks like it is called frequently and would take a while to do.

Its definitely something that occurs every x frames, yes.
(It takes more steps if you run, the fountain lags even if you are standing, etc...)
So i guess that eliminates the poison check (too bad, would probably have been easier :))
[EDIT: and as i did set ENABLESHADING to false the day/night system isnt causing it either, right?]
Leaves us at the bgm thing you mentioned or trying to look at script differences...
As for the first one: what exactly do you mean? which script/method should i look at or what should i be looking for?
And for the second: there are like a hundred scripts... can you eliminate some of them or point out some i should look at, so i don't have to
check ALL of them for changes?

I will start looking anyways,
but that would save me quite some time :)
thanks!

Greetings,
Sichlor

har
March 14th, 2011, 5:56 AM
I have two question to pose for everyone today.

1. Is there any reason why I cannot get event 1 (which is a person) to walk across event 2 (which is a switch when you cross it). It appears that events cannot cross other events, is there a way to get around this?

2. I need to know a solid method for talking to a trainer, fighting, having them make a quick statement after the battle screen, run off, and disappear or if it makes it that much easier we can skip the run off statement and just do a flash screen and make the trainer disappear.

I worked for about 3 or 4 hours trying to perfect my first few beginning areas yesterday and I can get around some stuff such as events crossing events but the one about the trainers has me stumped. Any help is appreciated.

TACHAN
March 14th, 2011, 6:00 AM
Hello! I need help again :sleeping:
How can I do that an event activates if I have a Magikarp level 100 in my team?

"pbHasSpecies?(::PBSpecies::MAGIKARP,level==100)"
and
"pbHasSpecies?(::PBSpecies::MAGIKARP,100)"
don't works...

It is for a Move Tutor that teaches the attack "Final Splash"(250 power :laugh::laugh::laugh:) only to Magikarp level 100.

Sichlor
March 14th, 2011, 7:02 AM
I have two question to pose for everyone today.

1. Is there any reason why I cannot get event 1 (which is a person) to walk across event 2 (which is a switch when you cross it). It appears that events cannot cross other events, is there a way to get around this?

Simply check "Through" in the switch event.

2. I need to know a solid method for talking to a trainer, fighting, having them make a quick statement after the battle screen, run off, and disappear or if it makes it that much easier we can skip the run off statement and just do a flash screen and make the trainer disappear.

Look at the example trainers.
For the Statement and the running off part:
simply put those events into the conditional branch...
put them in front of the "Self Switch "A" = ON"

and
don't works...

It is for a Move Tutor that teaches the attack "Final Splash"(250 power :laugh::laugh::laugh:) only to Magikarp level 100.

I dont know how to put a check for that in one line,
but you could write a method for it:
(its not tested and may contain errors)

def checkpokelevel(species,level)
result=false
for i in 0...$Trainer.party.length
if $Trainer.party[i].species==species && $Trainer.party[i].level==level
result=true
end
end
return result
end
put that into a new script section above MAIN

then just call

checkpokelevel(::PBSpecies::MAGIKARP,100)

carmaniac
March 14th, 2011, 8:07 AM

and
don't works...

Cause of the way essentials works, it needs to be like this with them
pbHasSpecies(
::PBSpecies::MAGIKARP,100)

Sichlor
March 14th, 2011, 9:09 AM
Cause of the way essentials works, it needs to be like this with them
pbHasSpecies(
::PBSpecies::MAGIKARP,100)

That shouldn't work as
this method:

def pbHasSpecies?(species)
for pokemon in $Trainer.party
next if pokemon.egg?
return true if pokemon.species==species
end
return false
end
does not support a level parameter...
it could easily be built in though if one wanted to....

def pbHasSpecies?(species,level=nil)
for pokemon in $Trainer.party
next if pokemon.egg?
if level
return true if pokemon.species==species && pokemon.level==level
else
return true if pokemon.species==species
end
end
return false
end

Killer_Nacho
March 14th, 2011, 9:24 AM
Alright sorry if this may be a noob question but I tried the Wiki & Google and couldn't find anything...

I'm having trouble with the PokemonTriad script. Even in the tutorial maps, it does not appear to be working. When I attempt to "BUY" cards from the store, it shows me all cards I can buy (Pokemon in my Pokedex). It does let me select and buy cards but it DOES NOT seem to add the Cards. It does take my money, though.

Whenever I try to enter a duel or "SELL" cards after buying them, it always says "You have no cards."

Looking at the PokemonTriad script, I cannot see anything that would cause it (but my exp with RPGXP scripts is rather slim). Wondering if anyone had a similar problem and if so how did they fix it?

Thanks for any help

Atomic Reactor
March 14th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Which script do i edit to edit the tinting of the day/night feature?

And how would I go about adding attacks that like... have new effects. Like one that confuses and reduces accuracy. Like, how would I add new kinds of attack effects?

Fraot
March 14th, 2011, 2:28 PM
Which script do i edit to edit the tinting of the day/night feature?

And how would I go about adding attacks that like... have new effects. Like one that confuses and reduces accuracy. Like, how would I add new kinds of attack effects?

Ooooh. You're now messing with the most exciting, yet time-consuming part of the game making!

Ah, before telling you how to edit the move effects... The night tinting is on PokemonUtilities, there, you could find the DayNight module or whatever its name be. You'll find the tinting of many periods of the day, not one per hour. I think there're 16 tints.

Now, for the move effects. Well, that's funny, for me at least. I, first, had troubles on that area, because an error kept showing off telling me that the move effect I was pretending to use in battle didn't existed. But now, I don't have that problem anymore, and I don't remember what I did, but...

The move effects go on hexadecimal values and you must include the hex value on every effect you make. You must take a peek on the advanced.html file. There're pre-defined methods you should use in order to create an effect; like isPhysical? to do a check for a move if it's physical or not. And blah blah blah.

And just to let you down... the quesion mark on the method is not meant to note a question, it's just a way you write a method. Or so I remember.

Remember: "Ctrl+Shift+F" is your BEST friend.

Atomic Reactor
March 14th, 2011, 2:38 PM
Gahhh ok thanks XD

So i took a look at the day/night area of the script... i have no idea what I'm going to do... lol.
"Tone.new(-85,-68,-17,68),"
what does each of those numbers mean?
and do i need to worry about "summer adjustments" and whatnot?

and for the attacks, what script am i looking at?

ChaosLord
March 14th, 2011, 3:10 PM
@Atomic Reactor
I believe that,that is the screen color tone which are:Red,Green,Blue,and Gray.You can check this by making an event,going to the second page,and clicking change screen color tone.

Fraot
March 14th, 2011, 4:38 PM
Gahhh ok thanks XD

So i took a look at the day/night area of the script... i have no idea what I'm going to do... lol.
"Tone.new(-85,-68,-17,68),"
what does each of those numbers mean?
and do i need to worry about "summer adjustments" and whatnot?

and for the attacks, what script am i looking at?

The first three number fields are the RGB and the last one is Aplha... or opacity?

I don't exactly know what does the seasons' tones mean. I've tested changing the PC time & date from month to month and I don't see any difference. Maybe they're not fully implemented yet.

ALSO, the hour tints begin from 1 AM or so I believe. Input the values on any RGB color swatcher or in the from RMXP one at:Tools>Change Background color, in order to see what color is going to be the tint.

And for the Effects... look for them at, ahem, it's obvious:

PokeBattle_MoveEffects. I don't remember the names exactly, since I haven't been programming since many many months.

Watch out for the effects 111, 112 and 113(after the last one on PokeBattle_MoveEffects). I believe they on different scripts, they are the Blitz moves. I actually modified them and used on three COOL moves I created.

Ask your best friend for "Fire Blitz" or something, and he will take you to a comment "Fire Blitz" and the effect value below it.

BTW: Test your game between 12 am(midnight) and 1 am at an outside map and tell me anything weird you see. Change the time on your PC if you want.

Mrchewy
March 14th, 2011, 7:31 PM

Lol, by modern definition, that is indeed garbage. But yes, I don't think your problem is arising from lack of processing power, as I have experienced it myself when fiddling with older versions.

I am almost certain it has something to do with the Day/Night system.

Sichlor
March 15th, 2011, 4:25 AM
Lol, by modern definition, that is indeed garbage. But yes, I don't think your problem is arising from lack of processing power, as I have experienced it myself when fiddling with older versions.

I am almost certain it has something to do with the Day/Night system.

At first: Thanks for you interest :)
But I'm pretty much certain it doesn't since i set ENABLESHADING=false...
means the day/night system is disabled.. (at least i hope so^^)

Atomic Reactor
March 15th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Haha ok thanks fraot, that should help quite a bit!
Now i have a new problem -.-

I'm trying to set up a trainer battle, where it's ok to lose (but really, it's never ok to lose lol) and i was reading over how to set one up where you stay there after losing..
It said put "false" or true (don't remember now) after the trainers id number in the script section of the conditional branch, and then just add an even after it (like control self switch = B, which i did) but nothing happens. Then i tried adding a page with "starting over" as its switch, but im still sent to the pokecenter...
How do i set this up :/

Cilerba
March 15th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Could you post a picture of your event so one of us can try and figure out what's wrong?

Fraot
March 15th, 2011, 1:31 PM
Hey. For anyone wondering about many issues with scripts... Here, take my old scripts. I hope this to be useful for someone. Install it on any RMXP project and copy-paste whatever you want.

I'm lazy to explain things and I think the best way for someone to learn something is by experimenting and seeing how are things done.

I just want to contribute on something for the community, at least on this little thingy, so use anything you want.

Killer_Nacho
March 15th, 2011, 1:48 PM
Alright sorry if this may be a noob question but I tried the Wiki & Google and couldn't find anything...

I'm having trouble with the PokemonTriad script. Even in the tutorial maps, it does not appear to be working. When I attempt to "BUY" cards from the store, it shows me all cards I can buy (Pokemon in my Pokedex). It does let me select and buy cards but it DOES NOT seem to add the Cards. It does take my money, though.

Whenever I try to enter a duel or "SELL" cards after buying them, it always says "You have no cards."

Looking at the PokemonTriad script, I cannot see anything that would cause it (but my exp with RPGXP scripts is rather slim). Wondering if anyone had a similar problem and if so how did they fix it?

Thanks for any help

I'm sorry if I sound impatient, but does no one know what could be wrong? This appears to be an out-of-the-box error for me... I redownloaded Pokemon Essentials with no modifications from the latest version listed on the Wiki and even that version does not want to give me Triad cards. Does anyone have any idea? Sorry for asking twice, but I'd like to at least have some clue how to fix this becuase it really puzzles me... other data stored in $PokemonGlobal variables seem to store fine... for example, the PC works fine.

I could try posting a recording of the issue I'm having if it helps.

AH! Got it, fixed my own problem. If anyone else has this error, it stems on for some reason there being a bug in the code out of the box that reinitializes the triad variable each time it is called... to fix change this line of text:

def triads
@triads=TriadStorage.new
return @triads
end

to this:

def triads
@triads=TriadStorage.new if [email protected]
return @triads
end

Atomic Reactor
March 15th, 2011, 6:45 PM
Could you post a picture of your event so one of us can try and figure out what's wrong?

Well, instead of figuring out what's wrong haha, i just need someone to give me an explination on what's right XD
that way i'll just do whatever they say, and apply it to my event.

So do you know how to do an event like im talking about man? (no doubt you do or anything haha)
just a battle that makes it so you stay in the same spot whether you win or lose.

Oh, and for restarting early in the game (like arriving at your moms when you lose) would i just add the same page to her that the nurses have? for starting over?

thepsynergist
March 15th, 2011, 10:40 PM
I looked on the wiki and wasn't able to figure this one out.

Is there a way to give a move in battle multiple animations?

I was thinking specifically to "charge" type moves, where the user must charge the move, and release it the next turn. I.E. Solar Beam.

Or, moves like Explosion, which just play the animation 2x, one on the user, and one the victim.

Is there a way I can fix it so that moves such as those have 2 animations rather than the default 1?

Atomic Reactor
March 16th, 2011, 3:49 AM
I looked on the wiki and wasn't able to figure this one out.

Is there a way to give a move in battle multiple animations?

I was thinking specifically to "charge" type moves, where the user must charge the move, and release it the next turn. I.E. Solar Beam.

Or, moves like Explosion, which just play the animation 2x, one on the user, and one the victim.

Is there a way I can fix it so that moves such as those have 2 animations rather than the default 1?

If you make an explosion animation with the frames you need, you can make it all one animation.

As for 2 turn attacks, I don't think anyone around here knows yet. I asked Maruno just the other day about it, and he doesn't know :/

TACHAN
March 16th, 2011, 5:41 AM
I dont know how to put a check for that in one line,
but you could write a method for it:
(its not tested and may contain errors)

def checkpokelevel(species,level)
result=false
for i in 0...$Trainer.party.length
if $Trainer.party[i].species==species && $Trainer.party[i].level==level
result=true
end
end
return result
end
put that into a new script section above MAIN

then just call

checkpokelevel(::PBSpecies::MAGIKARP,100)

Thanks you!! :D
It works perfectly with this script.

zingzags
March 16th, 2011, 2:49 PM
So the lag that is hindering the newer version is through X-Frames?, could it be the radius which everything around the player updates?

Sichlor
March 16th, 2011, 3:15 PM
So the lag that is hindering the newer version is through X-Frames?, could it be the radius which everything around the player updates?

I'm glad to hear new ideas, but wouldn't the updating occur only when you are walking, since there's no need to update any surroundings while you are standing still... (so it would be every x steps instead of every x frames)

Did i misunderstand what you were saying?

har
March 17th, 2011, 7:41 AM
Ok, I'm sorry for having to repeat this question but I looked through the examples of the starterkit for how to make a trainer run away and disappear immediately after the battle (similar to a team rocket battle when they will run away) but I wasn't able to find what I think I was looking for. Would someone please show me where I can get a specific example in the pokestarter or put the codes on the thread?

Sichlor
March 17th, 2011, 9:30 AM
Ok, I'm sorry for having to repeat this question but I looked through the examples of the starterkit for how to make a trainer run away and disappear immediately after the battle (similar to a team rocket battle when they will run away) but I wasn't able to find what I think I was looking for. Would someone please show me where I can get a specific example in the pokestarter or put the codes on the thread?

I'll just take a random example trainer from the Test Map to show you what i meant:

First event page:

http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/1171/1300382657316.jpg

(1) Is what your guy says after you beat him
(2) Is where he runs afterward (you might wanna make sure he leaves the screen)

Second event page:

http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/6653/1300382738828.jpg

Make sure to set the Graphic of the Second page to "none", so your trainer really disappears!

har
March 17th, 2011, 10:07 AM
My events look identical to that but after the battle the trainer just sits there. I need the trainer to immediately talk to you. Also when I do talk to the trainer a second time she just stands there, it doesn't go through the move route code and disappear. Any ideas why?

Sichlor
March 17th, 2011, 10:21 AM
My events look identical to that but after the battle the trainer just sits there. I need the trainer to immediately talk to you. Also when I do talk to the trainer a second time she just stands there, it doesn't go through the move route code and disappear. Any ideas why?

Well, actually i got only one idea what could not be working
although i don't think it explains everything you describe..

If you use comments to set up a trainer, you should compile the game once,
then delete the comments and edit the event further.

If you leave the comments, the game will compile the trainer again the next time you start it, and it will mess with your edits.

If that's not the case, and you set everything up just like in my screenshots, i don't really know what could be going wrong...
upload screenshots of your event pages and PM me the links, since you won't be able to write them in here without having 15 posts...

har
March 17th, 2011, 10:37 AM
here's what i have and sorry, the site won't let me do pics yet but here are the links. The second picture is continuation of the first, i couldn't fit all the codes in one pic.
min.us/lmtY0K
min.us/lmpKsS
min.us/ljYkp0

Sichlor
March 17th, 2011, 11:02 AM
here's what i have and sorry, the site won't let me do pics yet but here are the links. The second picture is continuation of the first, i couldn't fit all the codes in one pic.
min.us/lmtY0K
min.us/lmpKsS
min.us/ljYkp0

I can't find any mistakes... try removing the comments as i said above.
maybe that'll change something...

Canderis
March 17th, 2011, 12:28 PM
I have had the same problem as Har, using the method that doesn't use comments. The issue also happens when trying to set conditions after a battle.

Atomic Reactor
March 17th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Since the battle automatically turns self switch A on, i would suggest setting it up on the page.

So make the next page, condition as self switch A being on.
Then have it on the autorun command (instead of talking to the event or touching it, it will happen right away.)
then do the dialogue and move route.
then when all that is done, add "control self switch: B = on"
so then make another page after that, where it requires B to be on. and leave it blank.
does this make sense? haha

har
March 17th, 2011, 7:10 PM
I tried your method and it works... partly. I go through the battle but still have to push the button to talk to the person after the battle even though it's set to autorun. When I talk to the trainer a second time i just get the first message and it ends. After the message she's suppose to run away and she doesn't. It's almost as though the compiler is omitting the last two codes to make her run away and change to the next page of the event.

Atomic Reactor
March 17th, 2011, 7:33 PM
Hmm... that's odd... Is there anything in her way that could be hindering her from moving? Maybe a tile has the wrong properties and is set to impassable?

har
March 17th, 2011, 7:42 PM
Nope, everything is clear, the position that i'm fight her in (wow, that doesn't sound weird) doesn't conflict with the route that she would take to run away and the surrounding tiles that she's walking on are passable.

Sichlor
March 18th, 2011, 2:29 AM
Nope, everything is clear, the position that i'm fight her in (wow, that doesn't sound weird) doesn't conflict with the route that she would take to run away and the surrounding tiles that she's walking on are passable.

Maybe an event, that is invisible, but not set to "Through",
which would not allow another event to walk through it?
But in that case the game would freeze, which you didn't mention...

Well,
to make sure it has nothing to do with the game compiling the trainer from comments, let's try a different approach:

Put that into a new script section:

$BTL_TrType=0
$BTL_Name=""
$BTL_Vspeech=""
$BTL_TrNo=0
$BTL_Bspeech=""

def startTRBattle
$game_system.bgm_memorize
#pbTrainerIntro($BTL_TrType)
Kernel.pbNoticePlayer(get_character(0))
Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1}",$BTL_Bspeech))if $BTL_Bspeech!=""
$game_system.bgm_restore
pbTrainerBattle($BTL_TrType,$BTL_Name,_I($BTL_Vspeech),false,$BTL_TrNo)
end
and just to be sure, make a NEW event like this:
(maybe put it on a test map or something to make sure nothing is interfering)

http://img860.imageshack.us/img860/9351/1300443900006.jpg

Second Event Page is blank with Self Switch "A" = ON as a condition..... just as usual...

the code for the first script:

$BTL_TrType=PBTrainers::SANDORA_004
$BTL_Name="Maggie"
$BTL_Bspeech="You think you have what it takes to stop the Sandora, you're a good joke."
$BTL_TrNo=0 #####[Party Number. 0 in your case]#####
$BTL_Vspeech="How could you defeat me,I'm one of the Sandora!?!"

EDIT: Make sure you use the "expandtext.exe" from your project folder first, so everything fits in the text box :)

har
March 18th, 2011, 9:59 AM
I tried your method just now Sichlor as well as tried it without the comments and I'm still not getting anywhere. Would anyone be willing to try and get a working trainer started and then post the codes for it? What exactly I'm looking for is a trainer who will run up to you, say something, battle, say something, run away, and have the event erased.

Sichlor
March 18th, 2011, 11:52 AM
I tried your method just now Sichlor as well as tried it without the comments and I'm still not getting anywhere. Would anyone be willing to try and get a working trainer started and then post the codes for it? What exactly I'm looking for is a trainer who will run up to you, say something, battle, say something, run away, and have the event erased.

What I posted IS working, i tested it.
Did you do it in a new map with a new event?
What exactly did not work?
Do you get an error?

Fraot
March 18th, 2011, 12:20 PM
The pbTrainerEnd should go after the Battle conditional branch, I think.

har
March 18th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Ok just tried your idea and I think mine is identical with your but when I talk to the character she flips out and the game crashes. Here's what I have:

min.us/jjYmjY.png
min.us/lkc8Ow

Sichlor
March 18th, 2011, 1:21 PM
Ok just tried your idea and I think mine is identical with your but when I talk to the character she flips out and the game crashes. Here's what I have:

min.us/jjYmjY.png
min.us/lkc8Ow

The error is normal if you do one tiny little thing "wrong":
When editing the script in the event,
run "extendtext.exe" from you project folder, so the long text fits into one line :)
the box should be very big now and the text should fit in there without line breaks:

$BTL_Name="Maggie"
$BTL_Bspeech="You think you have what it takes to stop the Sandora, you're a good joke."

har
March 18th, 2011, 1:43 PM
Once again, I think I have what you have but my game continues to crash.

Fraot
March 18th, 2011, 2:02 PM
Hey! WTF?!

It seems I'm a lot outdated, I didn't know about that thing of:

$BTL_Name="Maggie"

I was still with the idea of adding all those lines with normal event comments.

Sichlor
March 18th, 2011, 2:25 PM

How am I supposed to help you with having zero information?
I saw the first error you posted, i know what caused it.
I dont know if you fixed it properly now, i need a screenshot and/or an error message.... its hard to help you if its like pulling teeth....
i need information on how the problem you are experiencing might be caused,
so "it doesn't work" doesn't help me at all...

EDIT:

I was still with the idea of adding all those lines with normal event comments.

Well, since he seems to have a problem that makes no sense to me, i tried to m a new, clean event, that doesnt have the compiler mess with the stuff that's added additionally to the normal trainer event stuff (like running away in the end)

Just my way to get hold of the problem...

Martinixon
March 18th, 2011, 4:49 PM

I did this for my game, you have to talk to him, but in your case I think you can change it to "Trainer(X)" or something like that.

http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h436/Martinixon/Page1.png
http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h436/Martinixon/Page2.png
http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h436/Martinixon/Page3.png

desbrina
March 19th, 2011, 5:38 AM
Can anyone help with the problem i've got adding pokemon as gifts

i'm using
pbAddForeignPokemon(PBSpecies::MAGIKARP,5,_I"GREG",_I"MAGIKARP")
in a conditional branch

the error i'm getting is

Message: Script error within event 4, map 27 (Pokemon Center):
Exception: SyntaxError
(eval):1: syntax errorpbAddForeignPokemon(PBSpecies::MAGIKARP,5,_I"GREG",_I"MAGIKARP") ^
(eval):1: syntax error
pbAddForeignPokemon(PBSpecies::MAGIKARP,20,_I"KIRK",_I"MAGIKARP")
^
***Full script:

har
March 19th, 2011, 9:47 AM
OMG Martinixon, you have just become a god!!! I actually got your method working.

Sorry for being a bit of a... Sichlor, I didn't think about the pics and I know it's irritating dealing with people who help you out as much as I did.

Anyways, thanks for the help everyone, I greatly appreciated it. I spent literally hours trying to get this thing to work...

zingzags
March 19th, 2011, 5:51 PM
How do I modify the Map so I may move on the x, and y on the window itself. Then changing the length, and width.

Maruno
March 19th, 2011, 6:41 PM
Can anyone help with the problem i've got adding pokemon as gifts

i'm using
in a conditional branch

the error i'm getting is
You need brackets around the names, like so:

pbAddForeignPokemon(PBSpecies::MAGIKARP,5,_I("GREG"),_I("MAGIKARP"))You can leave the Pokémon's nickname blank to let it not have a nickname, e.g.

pbAddForeignPokemon(PBSpecies::MAGIKARP,5,_I("GREG"))However, even if you don't give the Pokémon a nickname, it's still a foreign Pokémon and shouldn't be allowed to be renamed (this check is in the Name Rater's event, not a script).

thepsynergist
March 19th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Got another bug.

If you use the move Sunny Day, and you cast Solarbeam right after, you will use Solarbeam first, then you will lose control of your pokemon and it will cast it again. It will only use 1 PP and it will act like the first hit is the charge, when it's actually using it. Is there a way to fix that?

har
March 20th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Got another question for everyone. How would I go about creating a Science Lab similar to what we saw in the RBY and RSE. I want to be able to find a fossil, bring it to the lab, have a script search for the item, and then give you a pokemon based upon that item/fossil. How would I go about doing this?

SL1MSHADY
March 20th, 2011, 1:26 PM
This is a really basic question, but how do you connect two outdoor maps?
For example, I have a town that I want to connect to a route, but i don't want a transition in the playtest. How make the town and route flow together ingame, although they are two separate maps in the editor?

desbrina
March 20th, 2011, 1:33 PM
use the visual editor thats included in the editor

Martinixon
March 20th, 2011, 2:48 PM
Got another question for everyone. How would I go about creating a Science Lab similar to what we saw in the RBY and RSE. I want to be able to find a fossil, bring it to the lab, have a script search for the item, and then give you a pokemon based upon that item/fossil. How would I go about doing this?

Do the fossils as you would do normally use a conditional branch for the lab with this script:

$PokemonBag.pbQuantity(PBItems::FOSSIL_NAME)>0

This checks if it has the fossil, if the player has it, give the player the Pokemon and use this script to delete the fossil from the player.

$PokemonBag.pbDeleteItem(
PBItems::FOSSIL_NAME
)

Make a conditional branch like this for every fossil.

har
March 20th, 2011, 4:03 PM
Thanks chief, it worked without any problems. Also while I'm at it, would there be any reason why when I try to set encounters for a map that the editor program is searching through and old pokemon list rather than the most up-to-date one?

zingzags
March 20th, 2011, 6:02 PM
Thanks chief, it worked without any problems. Also while I'm at it, would there be any reason why when I try to set encounters for a map that the editor program is searching through and old pokemon list rather than the most up-to-date one?

You have to save it then let the game compile, then it should be up-to-date.

har
March 20th, 2011, 7:49 PM
Well that's just it, my game shows the new creatures that I've added but the encounter list won't show the new ones.

gallade234
March 21st, 2011, 11:18 AM
heres the problem i need to know what i did wrong

File PBS/trainers.txt, line 100
Snivy,10,16,,TACKLE,LEER,VINEWHIP,WRAP,false,false

Compiler:1347:in `pbCompileTrainers'
Compiler:1341:in `each'
Compiler:1341:in `pbCompileTrainers'
Compiler:1314:in `loop'
Compiler:1377:in `pbCompileTrainers'
Compiler:3817:in `pbCompileAllData'
Compiler:3939

heres the other thing that causes it please help

CAMPER
Andrew
Snivy,10,16,,TACKLE,LEER,VINEWHIP,WRAP,false,false
AIPOM,13,16,,SCRATCH,TAILWHIP,SANDATTACK,ASTONISH,false,false

Fraot
March 21st, 2011, 1:12 PM
@gallade234:
On the moves Snivy should learn you put two commas in a row. There must be just one comma to separate the data fields.

@Everyone else:
I've seen some problems you have. You SHOULD read what's inside the notes.html file. Some of you are making very very basic questions that are clearly answered on that file.

Btw, I want to have the ability to connect maps on any RMXP game, so I need the script from Essentials, but, I don't know if I should copy the compiler script, since the connections are to be compiled and then displayed on the game. But the hard part is editing the compiler script in order to manipulate it at my will.
How should I start?

gallade234
March 21st, 2011, 2:20 PM
thank you now i've got another problem when i give a pokemon two types and when i test it in game it doesn't show for some reason it shows in pokemon.txt though how do i fix this

Fraot
March 21st, 2011, 5:10 PM
thank now i've got another problem when i give a pokemon two types and when i test it in game it doesn't show for some reason it shows in pokemon.txt though how do i fix this

TRANSLATING... ... ... ... ... 100% COMPLETE WITH SOME POSSIBLE ERRORS.

You are triyng to say that the second type of dual-typed pokémon is not shown on the summary screen or what?

If it's not shown on the summary, I have to say that I dont know what scares me the most: your game behaving so weird; or you, because you do crazy stuff to it. I have never experienced that problem before.

But I'm thinking now... the picture may be showing but overlaped with the other type's one. Check for the 2-Dimensional positions on the screen at the PokemonSummary script over the line that contains:

for i in 0...pokemon.moves.length
if pokemon.moves.id>0
imagepos.push(["Graphics/Pictures/types",224,yPos+0,0,
pokemon.moves.type*28,64,28])

They may not be exactly alike since I've worked with my game and I forgot what I did edit or what I didn't. There must be a problem with that, if not...

Some error with what you wrote on the txt file. And if it is not the problem, I don't know... try with another pokémon.

I was actually about to ask you for your script.rxdata but I wouldn't know where to look at.

[i]Remember: [I]CTRL+SHIFT+F is your BEST friend.

gallade234
March 21st, 2011, 6:23 PM
where would i find the PokemonSummary script what folder
and also how do i make a pokemon you get as a gift shiny could you please put up the script and I've tried looking at the notes both types normal and advanced and i still cant figure it out
also for duel types after i put the second type in it shows the first test play but disappears after the first test play

thepsynergist
March 21st, 2011, 6:59 PM
Got another bug.

If you use the move Sunny Day, and you cast Solarbeam right after, you will use Solarbeam first, then you will lose control of your pokemon and it will cast it again. It will only use 1 PP and it will act like the first hit is the charge, when it's actually using it. Is there a way to fix that?

So, has anyone figured out how I might be able to fix that?

Fraot
March 22nd, 2011, 8:18 AM
So, has anyone figured out how I might be able to fix that?

@thepsynergist:
Well, it could be because of you messed with the battle mechanics script. I altered it months ago and got troubles because of the speed priority, allowing opponent's pokémon to move first always.

You should check that script or ask your best friend for the speed priority.

BTW: Nobody helped me with the problem I posted a year ago. I have an issue with the part of the programming that makes the game count a switch out as a turn and allows the opponent to attack the player after it. My problem is that no matter how many times I switch out, the opponent never attacks me.

@gallade234:
I told you, CTRL+SHIFT+F is your best friend!!! Try pressing that key combination on the scripts window!! There's a script called PokemonSummary or something like that, then, you could look for what I told told you to look for if you didn't ask your best friend.

As for the shiny gift pokémon. You could make a script on a normal map event(last tab, last button called "Script") and put a couple of lines.
I can't give you enough info since I'm not on the computer that has RMXP installed right now.

gallade234
March 22nd, 2011, 3:05 PM
ok i found this

pbDrawTextPositions(overlay,textpos)
drawMarkings(overlay,80,40,72,20,pokemon.markings)
type1rect=Rect.new(0,pokemon.type1*28,64,28)
type2rect=Rect.new(0,pokemon.type2*28,64,28)
overlay.blt(240,98,@typebitmap.bitmap,type1rect)
overlay.blt(320,98,@typebitmap.bitmap,type2rect) if pokemon.type1!=pokemon.type2
end

what would i change here
and also

when i put two types on a pokemon and it works the first playthough but then it changes the first type to the second type example:
Type1=PSYCHIC
Type2=FIRE
stays that way until after i do a test run of the game after the test run it does this
Type1=FIRE
Type2=FIRE
see thats the problem in game it just says FIRE but in pokemon.txt it changes Type1 to Type2 like i put in the example above god im horrible at doing this stuff

thepsynergist
March 22nd, 2011, 3:19 PM
@thepsynergist:
Well, it could be because of you messed with the battle mechanics script. I altered it months ago and got troubles because of the speed priority, allowing opponent's pokémon to move first always.

You should check that script or ask your best friend for the speed priority.

BTW: Nobody helped me with the problem I posted a year ago. I have an issue with the part of the programming that makes the game count a switch out as a turn and allows the opponent to attack the player after it. My problem is that no matter how many times I switch out, the opponent never attacks me.

The only mechanics that I edited were to add new battle items. I added no abilities. Oh well, I guess it isn't too much of an issue, only that its a neat bug. =P

And I'd help you with your issue if I knew how...

Fraot
March 23rd, 2011, 12:21 PM
ok i found this

pbDrawTextPositions(overlay,textpos)
drawMarkings(overlay,80,40,72,20,pokemon.markings)
type1rect=Rect.new(0,pokemon.type1*28,64,28)
type2rect=Rect.new(0,pokemon.type2*28,64,28)
overlay.blt(240,98,@typebitmap.bitmap,type1rect)
overlay.blt(320,98,@typebitmap.bitmap,type2rect) if pokemon.type1!=pokemon.type2
end

what would i change here
and also

when i put two types on a pokemon and it works the first playthough but then it changes the first type to the second type example:
Type1=PSYCHIC
Type2=FIRE
stays that way until after i do a test run of the game after the test run it does this
Type1=FIRE
Type2=FIRE
see thats the problem in game it just says FIRE but in pokemon.txt it changes Type1 to Type2 like i put in the example above god im horrible at doing this stuff

Well, I see that part of the script has not been changed, that annoys me even more. Could it be the compiler what's causing that mess?

And... Wait... I... I think I got a problem like that. I got a WEIRD problem a year ago, it was like the types' graphics were switched after the ??? type I think. So, the Psychic type was changed to Ice; Dark type to Dragon and stuff.

My problem was the compiler, I tried to update my project moving my scripts to another newer version of the starter kit, but the compiler changed a little, so, it compiled some things differently. Also, the type weaknesses were all messed: Hydro Pump was Not very efective againts Charizard, but Frenzy Plant was Super effective by 4 times even though Charizard is Fire/Flying. And nobody helped me with that either ¬¬.
And I had to compile the game's data twice in order to play test rightly (pressing CTRL when loading the game on RPG Maker forces compiling).

But, I could solve my problems after a while. :) So, check the compiler, try another one.

BTW: Have someone played your own games around 12am and 1am? I want to know if it's only me who has a problem with the tinting or not.

thepsynergist
March 23rd, 2011, 10:01 PM
Well, I see that part of the script has not been changed, that annoys me even more. Could it be the compiler what's causing that mess?

And... Wait... I... I think I got a problem like that. I got a WEIRD problem a year ago, it was like the types' graphics were switched after the ??? type I think. So, the Psychic type was changed to Ice; Dark type to Dragon and stuff.

My problem was the compiler, I tried to update my project moving my scripts to another newer version of the starter kit, but the compiler changed a little, so, it compiled some things differently. Also, the type weaknesses were all messed: Hydro Pump was Not very efective againts Charizard, but Frenzy Plant was Super effective by 4 times even though Charizard is Fire/Flying. And nobody helped me with that either ¬¬.
And I had to compile the game's data twice in order to play test rightly (pressing CTRL when loading the game on RPG Maker forces compiling).

But, I could solve my problems after a while. :) So, check the compiler, try another one.

BTW: Have someone played your own games around 12am and 1am? I want to know if it's only me who has a problem with the tinting or not.

It's way too dark to see anything imo. I play test my game at around that time all the time, as I'm a real night owl. I usually go to bed when people in England are having lunch. >.>

Fraot
March 24th, 2011, 8:08 AM
It's way too dark to see anything imo. I play test my game at around that time all the time, as I'm a real night owl. I usually go to bed when people in England are having lunch. >.>

:O

Well, I have a weird problem. At around 12am and 1am, the screen tinting changes to day. And at 1pm, the tinting changes to night. it's weird but doesn't matter to much.

Canderis
March 25th, 2011, 7:30 AM
So i have a weird problem, i don't think it applies to only pokemon essentials though, but rpgmaker in general. I extended my tileset a lot for my game, and when I scroll down it by draging the scroll bar, it will only let me go to slightly past where the original tileset ended, once to that point, it jumps back to the top if I drag it any more. I can still scroll down, using other methods, but that was was the quickest and I would love to fix that. Any idea whats happening?

flamemaster
March 25th, 2011, 8:29 AM
http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy272/flameking_2010/bugscreen.png
does anyone know why this is happening in my game?
flamemaster~

thepsynergist
March 25th, 2011, 6:34 PM
http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy272/flameking_2010/bugscreen.png
does anyone know why this is happening in my game?
flamemaster~

Clearly the background image isn't correct. Instead of calling the battleback with, 001 for example, call it as 1.

Atomic Reactor
March 25th, 2011, 9:41 PM
Ugh, so i tried out the townmap generator.
So it told me to copy and paste the info into the text file.
(so i deleted everything on there and pasted it)
And now i get this error.

File PBS/townmap.txt, line 1
Filename="map.png"

Compiler:589:in `pbCompileTownMap'
Compiler:583:in `pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'
Compiler:501:in `each_line'
Compiler:501:in `pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'
Compiler:498:in `open'
Compiler:498:in `pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'
Compiler:583:in `pbCompileTownMap'
Compiler:3504:in `pbCompileAllData'
Compiler:3636
PokemonRegionMap:192:in `pbMapScene'
PokemonRegionMap:279:in `pbStartScreen'
PokemonUtilities:167:in `pbShowMap'
PokemonUtilities:164:in `pbFadeOutIn'
PokemonUtilities:164:in `pbShowMap'
PokemonItems:220:in `pbUseItemFromBag'
PokemonItems:956:in `pbUseItem'
PokemonBag:1201:in `pbStartScreen'
PokemonBag:1150:in `loop'
PokemonBag:1242:in `pbStartScreen'
File PBS/townmap.txt, line 1
Filename=map.png

Compiler:589:in `pbCompileTownMap'
Compiler:583:in `pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'
Compiler:501:in `each_line'
Compiler:501:in `pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'
Compiler:498:in `open'
Compiler:498:in `pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'
Compiler:583:in `pbCompileTownMap'
Compiler:3504:in `pbCompileAllData'

Any idea how i can fix this :/

Canderis
March 26th, 2011, 5:38 AM
At the very top put
[0]
Should fix it.

Atomic Reactor
March 26th, 2011, 7:59 AM
Haha that worked, thanks man.
How would i make it so that at the bottom left, it says the region name?
And how do i edit the color of the banner at the bottom? Nevermind, Figured that out haha.

EDIT: How do i edit the splash screen (where it says continue,new game, and... exit?) So that it shows something instead of just blue..?

Canderis
March 26th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Haha that worked, thanks man.

NP

How would i make it so that at the bottom left, it says the region name?

I think you make the top of your townmap file say

[0]
Filename=map.png
Name=(region name)

EDIT: How do i edit the splash screen (where it says continue,new game, and... exit?) So that it shows something instead of just blue..?

[/SIZE]

There should be a picture under graphics-pictures that applies to that screen, shouldn't be to hard to figure out what one it is.

KitsuneKouta
March 26th, 2011, 4:51 PM
EDIT: How do i edit the splash screen (where it says continue,new game, and... exit?) So that it shows something instead of just blue..? Last I checked, Essentials doesn't have the image you need by default (i.e. there's no solid blue image that you edit/replace). You'll need to create an image in the Graphics/Pictures directory named loadbg (I think that's the name). Essentials should find it automatically.

Also, the search function could have answered that question. And maybe even the wiki.

Atomic Reactor
March 26th, 2011, 8:14 PM
I did search the thread haha, and i distinctly recall someone having the same question, and i remember their being an answer. But i couldn't find that post.
But i did not check the wiki. I've used the wiki before, and it never seems to have the answers i need :/

Thanks for the help :)

KitsuneKouta
March 26th, 2011, 10:12 PM
I did search the thread haha, and i distinctly recall someone having the same question, and i remember their being an answer. But i couldn't find that post.
But i did not check the wiki. I've used the wiki before, and it never seems to have the answers i need :/

Thanks for the help :)You're very welcome. The wiki can take some getting used to, but when you get a feel for where everything is, you can generally find whatever you need. And google is good about helping you find answers in this forum as well, assuming you choose your keywords right.

Atomic Reactor
March 27th, 2011, 6:00 AM
hahaha that's just it! I knew the answer was somewhere in the thread, i just didn't choose the right keywords XD So after about 20 minutes of searching, i just decided to ask haha.

Oh and thanks for the help from Canderis as well!

Maruno
March 27th, 2011, 10:45 AM

Thanks for the help :)
You are aware that you can always post in the wiki thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=243179) to mention something you'd particularly like to see in the wiki, right? If there's a specific list of "things people really want documenting", there's much more drive to get them done.

You're very welcome. The wiki can take some getting used to, but when you get a feel for where everything is, you can generally find whatever you need. And google is good about helping you find answers in this forum as well, assuming you choose your keywords right.
If you have any comments on the wiki's layout, please post them in the wiki thread. Any and all feedback is welcome, and the whole point of the wiki is that everyone can use it easily (and contribute to it!).

Atomic Reactor
March 27th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Oh really? I'll have to make sure to do that then haha, sorry!

Canderis
March 27th, 2011, 1:13 PM
I get this error after upgrading to the pokemon essentials ds

Message: Script error within event 7, map 3 (Harkrock Cavern):
Exception: NameError
Message: Section066:649:in `pbFromPBMove'(eval):1:in `pbFromPBMove'uninitialized constant PokeBattle_Move::PokeBattle_Move_FE
***Full script:
pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::RIVAL,"Ashley",_I("Wow! Was this your first battle!?!"))
PokeBattle_Battle:269:in `eval'
PokeBattle_Move:649:in `pbFromPBMove'
PokeBattle_Battle:269:in `initialize'
PokemonTrainers:374:in `new'
PokemonTrainers:374:in `pbTrainerBattle'
Heart Gold Soul Silver Menu:131:in `main'
This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

The battle use to work, but no longer does.

Maruno
March 27th, 2011, 2:27 PM
I get this error after upgrading to the pokemon essentials ds

Message: Script error within event 7, map 3 (Harkrock Cavern):
Exception: NameError
Message: Section066:649:in `pbFromPBMove'(eval):1:in `pbFromPBMove'uninitialized constant PokeBattle_Move::PokeBattle_Move_FE
***Full script:
pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::RIVAL,"Ashley",_I("Wow! Was this your first battle!?!"))
PokeBattle_Battle:269:in `eval'
PokeBattle_Move:649:in `pbFromPBMove'
PokeBattle_Battle:269:in `initialize'
PokemonTrainers:374:in `new'
PokemonTrainers:374:in `pbTrainerBattle'
Heart Gold Soul Silver Menu:131:in `main'
This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.The battle use to work, but no longer does.
Reading the error message helps a lot. The problem is a move is not defined in the scripts.

You haven't upgraded properly. In any case, this is a question for the Essentials DS thread, not this one.

TheMarkCrafter
March 29th, 2011, 4:23 AM
Can somebody help?
I was about to test my game. and i walk and it told me this error.
---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials

Message: undefined method `pbEndSurf' for #<Game_Player:0x6d21750>

Game_Player_:47:in `move_left'

Game_Player_:365:in `update_old'

Walk_Run:77:in `update'

Scene_Map:97:in `update'

Scene_Map:60:in `loop'

Scene_Map:67:in `main'

Main:38:in `mainFunctionDebug'

dastandy
March 29th, 2011, 5:16 PM
I have a simple yet curouis question. Is there a way through and event to send players pokemon back to the pokemon box?

mrunderdog
March 30th, 2011, 6:32 AM
Hey guys, I am new to the whole pokestart kit, i was just wondering what is the script to choose 3 different types of pokemon in the balls as i can't figure it out.

Much love

Benjix

carmaniac
March 30th, 2011, 9:25 AM
Anyone know the script for choosing your own starter pokemon?

Have a look at the maps that came with the kit, it has a pokemon lab example with the parts in an event you need for being able to do that.

KitsuneKouta
March 30th, 2011, 4:37 PM
I have a simple yet curouis question. Is there a way through and event to send players pokemon back to the pokemon box?Yes, actually. You'll need to call these two scripts in an event:
$PokemonStorage.pbStoreCaught(
$Trainer.party[0])
$Trainer.party.delete_at(0)The first script call actually stores the pokemon (position 0 is the first spot in the array for your party), and the second gets rid of the duplicate. There's no indicator messages, so you'll have to make one yourself in the event.

Turtwig26
March 31st, 2011, 9:05 AM
Hey guys: I just got the starter kit. I was wondering, can you edit the whole scene with Professer Oak at the beggining? Like make him look diffferent and change the dialogue?

I have another question: Is it possible to customise what the pokemon professor says when you enter the lab? I looked around for an event that I could change but I couldn't find it. I wanted to make the professor to say something about the player's rival but I can't.

carmaniac
March 31st, 2011, 9:28 AM
Hey guys: I just got the starter kit. I was wondering, can you edit the whole scene with Professer Oak at the beggining? Like make him look diffferent and change the dialogue?

I have another question: Is it possible to customise what the pokemon professor says when you enter the lab? I looked around for an event that I could change but I couldn't find it. I wanted to make the professor to say something about the player's rival but I can't.

For first part, yes you can change how he looks and change the dialogue. You simple change his graphic displayed within the event the game runs on the intro map.

Canderis
March 31st, 2011, 3:56 PM
Is it possible to rig a pokemon battle so you have to win? And if so, how?

FL
March 31st, 2011, 4:33 PM
Is it possible to rig a pokemon battle so you have to win? And if so, how?Put an event like:
Conditional Branch: Script: pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::LEADER_Roxanne,"Roxanne",_I("Excellent."),false,0,true)
<Put nothing>
Else
<Put the event Game Over or to go to the title screen>
Branch End

Canderis
March 31st, 2011, 5:04 PM
I think you misunderstood me. I meant rig it so that it is impossible to lose. Sorry for not wording it better.

Sichlor
April 1st, 2011, 8:53 AM
I think you misunderstood me. I meant rig it so that it is impossible to lose. Sorry for not wording it better.

Beforehand: Depending on what exactly you want to do, it could be quite tricky

But if you really need to do it, you will have to specify how.
For example:
Do you want to handle the b-a-t-t-l-e as a win, although all the player's Pokémon fainted? (That would be the easiest way i could imagine)
Or, do you want the oppenent's Pokémon not to inflict any damage to the player's Pokémon?

There are more ways, but you have to explain in detail what you want to do.

Canderis
April 1st, 2011, 9:25 AM
I figured it out. Thanks though.

Martinixon
April 1st, 2011, 5:28 PM
I was testing the safari zone of the starter kit (latest), everything was alright, until I caught a Pokemon, then I got this error:

PokeBattle_Battle:76:in `pbStorePokemon'
PokeBattle_Battle:181:in `pbThrowPokeBall'
PokeBattle_SafariZone:119:in `pbStartBattle'
PokemonSafari:107:in `pbSafariBattle'
PokemonSafari:106:in `pbSceneStandby'
PokemonSafari:108:in `pbSafariBattle'
PokemonSafari:105:in `pbBattleAnimation'
PokemonSafari:105:in `pbSafariBattle'
PokemonSafari:96
PokemonSafari:90:in `call'

It happens after I select "No" when it asks me if I want to give a nickname to the pokemon, it also happens if I choose "yes" and I give it a name.
My knowledge of RGSS is limited, but for what I understand it has to do with the game not being able to tell where to store the caught pokemon...

I would appreciate if someone could help me fixing this.
Thanks for your time.

mrunderdog
April 2nd, 2011, 3:00 AM
Hey Guys,

I got his error message while working on my bag:

Exception: TypeError

SpriteWindow:434:in `blt'

SpriteWindow:434:in `pbCopyBitmap'

PokemonBag:112:in `refresh'

PokemonBag:106:in `each'

PokemonBag:106:in `refresh'

PokemonBag:41:in `initialize'

PokemonBag:453:in `new'

PokemonBag:453:in `pbStartScene'

PokemonBag:1148:in `pbStartScreen'

PokemonMenu:171:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

Just wondering how can i solve it as I can't use the bag option? Been playing with it for about a day now, so any help would be EPIC!

Benjix

fedex_sc_14
April 2nd, 2011, 7:03 AM
Hi, when i use the reposition sprite option in the editor i got this error:

PokemonSpritePos:62:in `refresh'
PokemonSpritePos:181:in `pbSpecies'
PokemonSpritePos:174:in `loop'
PokemonSpritePos:194:in `pbSpecies'
PokemonSpritePos:300:in `pbStart'
PokemonSpritePos:299:in `loop'
PokemonSpritePos:307:in `pbStart'
EditorMain:236:in `pbEditorMenu'
EditorMain:234:in `pbFadeOutIn'
EditorMain:234:in `pbEditorMenu'

Can anyone help me? Sorry for my english i'm argentinian.

Turtwig26
April 2nd, 2011, 1:27 PM
How can I change what the professor says when you walk into her room?

aliboy
April 2nd, 2011, 1:52 PM
flameguru the link to the enchanced starter kit does not work can you put another link please?edit:kitsunekouta I mean the
enchanced starter kit demo flameguru made on pg 4 of the thread it is on the first post on pg 4.

KitsuneKouta
April 2nd, 2011, 4:17 PM
@mrunderdog: I'd recommended getting another unedited kit and copy/paste over the original bag script to return it to the default, and re-attempt editing the bag. I believe the wiki describes how to edit the bag, but it can be incredibly finicky even if you think you've done everything right. And unless you've documented every little edit you made, it's very difficult to figure out just what caused the error.

@fedex_sc_14: I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that certain version(s) of the kit have that problem, so you may want to try a different version.

@Turtwig26: That is a general RMXP question, not a Pokemon Essentials question. You should look for the general help thread for these types of things. Anyways, it's just a matter of editing what's displayed by the text commands in the professor event.

@aliboy: I honestly can't remember how long it's been since flameguru has posted in this particular thread, but it's long enough that I doubt he will ever see that post. And what do you mean "enhanced starter kit?" If you're trying to find a link to download Pokemon Essentials, then check the wiki.

charizard124
April 3rd, 2011, 11:41 AM
Someone knows how to use Mystery Gift, and what script i would need?

carmaniac
April 3rd, 2011, 1:56 PM
Someone knows how to use Mystery Gift, and what script i would need?

You need to make a code that can download a file from a site and turn it into an item or pokemon. Which is advance coding. So my guess would be to try look up a few advance coding classes in RGSS.

charizard124
April 3rd, 2011, 4:32 PM
Did someone know the script?

lx_theo
April 3rd, 2011, 6:56 PM
Did someone know the script?

Any I know of were made for personal use, not public. Don't count on there being one.

suprbulbasaur2010
April 4th, 2011, 8:49 AM
Hey. This may be the wrong thread but I am making a game series called "The Pokemon X Series". I need Scripters and Spriters. I don't need tilesets right now. But I am looking for members. If anyone wants to join, just respond to this post. =)

Fraot
April 4th, 2011, 4:44 PM
Hey. This may be the wrong thread but I am making a game series called "The Pokemon X Series". I need Scripters and Spriters. I don't need tilesets right now. But I am looking for members. If anyone wants to join, just respond to this post. =)

Yes :3.
This is the wrong place. It's on the Team Recruitment section. Buh-bye!

TACHAN
April 6th, 2011, 3:10 AM
Hi!
I need help again!

Why the Rock Head ability don't works?
It should work... :disappoin

class PokeBattle_Move_30 < PokeBattle_Move
def pbEffect(attacker,opponent)
ret=super(attacker,opponent)
if opponent.damagestate.calcdamage>0
if attacker.ability!=PBAbilities::ROCKHEAD || @id==PBMoves::STRUGGLE || attacker.ability!=PBAbilities::MAGICGUARD
attacker.pbReduceHP((opponent.damagestate.hplost/4).floor)
@battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} is hit with recoil!",attacker.pbThis))
end
end
return ret
end
def pbCalcDamage(attacker,opponent)
if @id==PBMoves::STRUGGLE
return super(attacker,opponent,PokeBattle_Move::IGNOREPKMNTYPES)
else
return super
end
end
end
Pokemon with Rock Head used Double-Edge or Struggle.
Pokemon is hit with recoil!

I don't understand. :\

EDIT: OK. I forgot the "||" after the "attacker.ability!=PBAbilities::MAGICGUARD".
Already it works. :)
EDIT2: What does happen now? Now nobody gets hurt for recoil... :\

mrunderdog
April 6th, 2011, 5:42 AM
How do u disable the day and night feature on Essentials?

Benjix

Benjix

Fraot
April 6th, 2011, 8:50 AM
Hi!
I need help again!

Why the Rock Head ability don't works?
It should work... :disappoin

Pokemon with Rock Head used Double-Edge or Struggle.
Pokemon is hit with recoil!

I don't understand. :\

EDIT: OK. I forgot the "||" after the "attacker.ability!=PBAbilities::MAGICGUARD".
Already it works. :)
EDIT2: What does happen now? Now nobody gets hurt for recoil... :\

It also happens to me. I don't know why. I'll check it out, I never gave it too importance since I'm coding some other stuff.

swigpoke
April 6th, 2011, 10:19 AM
I have used the poccil's starter kit for a while, but I stopped making pokemon games. Is there already a starter kit with the Black & White Sprites?

Cya

Swigg

TACHAN
April 6th, 2011, 11:06 AM
I have used the poccil's starter kit for a while, but I stopped making pokemon games. Is there already a starter kit with the Black & White Sprites?

Cya

Swigg

Sprites and Pokemon.txt (Black & White):
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=238068

EpicRob
April 6th, 2011, 11:56 AM
when I ever I try to change tilesets for one map, it always changes the ones for the others as well- why?

Cilerba
April 6th, 2011, 1:31 PM
when I ever I try to change tilesets for one map, it always changes the ones for the others as well- why?

This isn't really an Essentials question.
Anyways, you probably have other maps set to that same tileset. Right click the map and click 'Properties' to change that.

EpicRob
April 7th, 2011, 10:14 AM
does anyone know where I could get some overworld ship sprites for RPG Maker XP for a port town

I heard there was a sprite resource on here but, I can't find it yet

-does anyone know where it is?

-EpicRob

lx_theo
April 7th, 2011, 10:54 AM
does anyone know where I could get some overworld ship sprites for RPG Maker XP for a port town

-EpicRob

Spriter's Rsource is a website, not a feature of PokeCommunity
http://www.spriters-resource.com/

GliscorFan08
April 7th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Pokemon Essentials
File PBS/trainers.txt, line 99
PIKACHU,91,16,LIGHTBALL,THUNDER,AGILITY,THUNDERBOLT,GRASSKNOT,false,false

Compiler:1354:in `pbCompileTrainers'
Compiler:1337:in `loop'
Compiler:1400:in `pbCompileTrainers'
Compiler:3914:in `pbCompileAllData'
Compiler:4034

This exception was logged in
C:\Users\Bruno\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.
OK

Can someone explain me why is this happening?

I change the moves but it says the same thing. Help me plz.

lx_theo
April 7th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Pokemon Essentials
File PBS/trainers.txt, line 99
PIKACHU,91,16,LIGHTBALL,THUNDER,AGILITY,THUNDERBOLT,GRASSKNOT,false,false

C:\Users\Bruno\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.
OK

Can someone explain me why is this happening?

I change the moves but it says the same thing. Help me plz.

I had this problem recently. You trainers.txt is set up wrong.

For each trainer it should be something like this...

Trainer Type Name
Trainer name, trainer ID number
# of Pokemon
Pokemon
So something like this would work

YOUNGSTER
Joe,1
BIDOOF,5,16,,SCRATCH,LEER,,,false,true
Make sure each is set up like that. The editor might set it up incorrectly.

KitsuneKouta
April 7th, 2011, 6:51 PM

-EpicRobActually, there are several: http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196
You'll probably find the majority of the stuff you need by searching through the "Requests" sticky, but there are plenty of other smaller threads in the Resource Center with miscellaneous items of interest.

mysticjoshgaming
April 7th, 2011, 8:48 PM
when i try to put a graphic for the background it goes black.
how can i fix this?

lx_theo
April 7th, 2011, 9:19 PM
when i try to put a graphic for the background it goes black.
how can i fix this?
Well, I use Essentials DS and this problem happened to me (I'm assuming you mean for battles, since thats what happened to me. If not, ignore this and clarify what you mean). I haven't looked in depth at the new versions of Essentials, but I'd assume its similar if not the same.

From my experience, this is because the editor, when setting the background number, does it incorrectly. When you look at the PBS file for metadata and the area for that map, the battleback has the number you put and some sort of rectangle next to it. Simply delete the rectangle and it fixes it.

mysticjoshgaming
April 7th, 2011, 9:59 PM
Well, I use Essentials DS and this problem happened to me (I'm assuming you mean for battles, since thats what happened to me. If not, ignore this and clarify what you mean). I haven't looked in depth at the new versions of Essentials, but I'd assume its similar if not the same.

From my experience, this is because the editor, when setting the background number, does it incorrectly. When you look at the PBS file for metadata and the area for that map, the battleback has the number you put and some sort of rectangle next to it. Simply delete the rectangle and it fixes it.
thanks. i accedentally uploaded the pic in the wrong section

lx_theo
April 7th, 2011, 10:14 PM
thanks. i accedentally uploaded the pic in the wrong section

Well that would do it. Though you may want to look out for that issue when you do battle backgrounds.

mrunderdog
April 8th, 2011, 8:21 AM
I keep on getting this message

PokemonUtilities:289:in `getRoughLatLon'
PokemonUtilities:386:in `getLatLong'
PokemonUtilities:586:in `getToneInternal'
PokemonUtilities:584:in `each'
PokemonUtilities:584:in `getToneInternal'
PokemonUtilities:353:in `getTone'
PokemonUtilities:2095:in `pbDayNightTint'
Sprite_Character:124:in `update_or'
PerspectiveTilemap:408:in `shadow_update'
Shadow:179:in `update'

Now I checked the wiki and it says about disable day and night feature, but can't figure out how to do it, any tips???

Benjix

TheMarkCrafter
April 8th, 2011, 8:42 AM
Hi, when i use the reposition sprite option in the editor i got this error:

Can anyone help me? Sorry for my english i'm argentinian.

Hmmm... Using venom12's kit, huh? if it is true, then go to the thread again, he reuploaded it.

GliscorFan08
April 8th, 2011, 8:59 AM
This is basic and noobish, but what is the code for the NPC's to say the player's custom name? I forgot :P

Martinixon
April 8th, 2011, 9:14 AM
I keep on getting this message

Now I checked the wiki and it says about disable day and night feature, but can't figure out how to do it, any tips???

Benjix

On RMXP go to the scripts editor, it's the icon on top with a paper and a pencil.
Then search for PokemonUtilities on the left side of the window (should be one of the last ones.
Click it, and on the right window, use CTRL + F and search for: ENABLESHADING set it to false and click OK.

This is basic and noobish, but what is the code for the NPC's to say the player's custom name? I forgot

It should be \PN

GliscorFan08
April 8th, 2011, 9:27 AM
Yeah i figured it would. I used /PN and not \PN, so that was the problem :)

Another question: How do shadow pokemon work? And how can Trainers use them? I cheked the wiki but the article is imcomplete :/

Turtwig26
April 8th, 2011, 7:13 PM
Im working on a game now with the starter kit. I just uploaded a new tileset (4th Generation Matt's) to work with. I made a basic transfer event to get into the player's house but when I playtested the game, I got this error:

Interpreter:509:in `command_end'
Interpreter:293:in `execute_command'

Also, for some reason, the player can walk on buildings and fences. How do I fix that?

carmaniac
April 9th, 2011, 3:26 AM
Im working on a game now with the starter kit. I just uploaded a new tileset (4th Generation Matt's) to work with. I made a basic transfer event to get into the player's house but when I playtested the game, I got this error:

Interpreter:509:in `command_end'
Interpreter:293:in `execute_command'

Also, for some reason, the player can walk on buildings and fences. How do I fix that?

Did you check the permissions for all the tiles as that can be the cause as to why you are walking on everything.

Turtwig26
April 9th, 2011, 4:03 AM
Did you check the permissions for all the tiles as that can be the cause as to why you are walking on everything.

I went to the database and X-ed out the fences and building but I can still walk on them.

ChaosLord
April 9th, 2011, 9:47 AM
I went to the database and X-ed out the fences and building but I can still walk on them.

Did you go to Database,then passage and disable the right places with dots? or maybe you should try placing the fences on the 2nd or 3rd layer or the building on the 2nd or 3rd layer.If that doesn't work,try making the size of the map bigger,cover the areas you don't need black,and move the map around and test the game out until you can't touch the fences and buildings.

It probably went like that due to erasing or blacking or something.

FL
April 9th, 2011, 12:44 PM
@fedex_sc_14: I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that certain version(s) of the kit have that problem, so you may want to try a different version.You can also use the "Reposition" in one kit and Copy/Paste the pokemon.txt for other kit.

Benjix

BenjixLine 314 of PokemonUtilities says "ENABLESHADING = true". Make it false instead.

p.claydon
April 9th, 2011, 4:52 PM
ive came accross issues wen making new evo types (such as location+gender or location+item) and some others (basically trying to make as many evo possibilities as i can to allow greater veraiants) but they just done seam to work (doesnt crash or anything it either just doesnt evolve or it only uses one of the criteria)is there a way to fix this

LZ Ravanger
April 10th, 2011, 8:44 AM
I'm getting the same error as someone on page 347.

Testing Alpha
File PBS/trainers.txt, line 6
BULBASAUR,5,10,,TACKLE,GROWL,,,false,false

C:\Users\Robert\Saved Games/Testing Alpha/errorlog.txt.
OK

I tried the solution given to the problem but it doesn't seem to work.

This is my trainers.txt file in the next spoiler.
# See the documentation at notes.html to learn how to edit this file.
#-------------------
RIVAL
#88,0
#-------------------
RIVAL
#88,1
CHARMANDER,5,10,,SCRATCH,GROWL,,,false,false
#-------------------
RIVAL
#88,2
SQUIRTLE,5,10,,TACKLE,TAILWHIP,,,false,false

This is the trainernames.txt file incase it helps, for anything else please ask.
0,PkMnTRAINER_Male,PkMn TRAINER,100,,,,Male
1,PkMnTRAINER_Female,PkMn TRAINER,100,,,,Female
2,LASS,LASS,24,,,,Female
3,YOUNGSTER,YOUNGSTER,24,,,,Male
4,HIKER,HIKER,50,,,,Male
5,BEAUTY,BEAUTY,50,,,,Female
6,FISHERMAN,FISHERMAN,40,,,,Male
7,LADY,LADY,80,,,,Female
8,TRIATHLETE_MaleCyclist,TRIATHLETE,60,,,,Male
9,TEAMAQUA_Male,TEAM AQUA,40,006-Boss02,,,Male
10,TWINS,TWINS,50,,,,Female
11,SWIMMERfE,SWIMMER?,50,,,,Female
12,BUGCATCHER,BUG CATCHER,16,,,,Male
13,SCHOOLKID_Male,SCHOOL KID,20,,,,Male
14,RICHBOY,RICH BOY,80,,,,Male
15,SRANDJR,SR. AND JR.,60,,,,Mixed
16,BLACKBELT,BLACK BELT,65,,,,Male
17,PkMnTRAINER_Wally,PkMn TRAINER,100,,,,Male
18,TEAMAQUA_Female,TEAM AQUA,40,006-Boss02,,,Female
19,TUBER_Female,TUBER,25,,,,Female
20,HEXMANIAC,HEX MANIAC,45,,,,Male
21,PkMnBREEDER_Female,PkMn BREEDER,40,,,,Female
22,TEAMMAGMA_Male,TEAM MAGMA,40,006-Boss02,,,Male
23,TEAMMAGMA_Female,TEAM MAGMA,40,006-Boss02,,,Female
24,INTERVIEWERS,INTERVIEWERS,60,,,,Mixed
25,TUBER_Male,TUBER,25,,,,Male
26,YOUNGCOUPLE,YOUNG COUPLE,80,,,,Mixed
27,GUITARIST,GUITARIST,50,,,,Male
28,GENTLEMAN,GENTLEMAN,75,,,,Male
29,CHAMPION,CHAMPION,100,,,,Male
30,MAGMALEADER,MAGMA LEADER,100,,,,Male
31,TRIATHLETE_FemaleRunner,TRIATHLETE,60,,,,Female
32,TRIATHLETE_MaleRunner,TRIATHLETE,60,,,,Male
33,BATTLEGIRL,BATTLE GIRL,65,,,,Female
34,TRIATHLETE_FemaleCyclist,TRIATHLETE,60,,,,Female
35,SWIMMERmA,SWIMMER?,50,,,,Male
36,POKeFAN_Female,POKéFAN,40,,,,Female
37,EXPERT_Male,EXPERT,80,,,,Male
38,EXPERT_Female,EXPERT,80,,,,Female
39,TRIATHLETE_MaleSwimmer,TRIATHLETE,60,,,,Male
40,TRIATHLETE_FemaleSwimmer,TRIATHLETE,60,,,,Female
41,DRAGONTAMER,DRAGON TAMER,75,,,,Male
42,BIRDKEEPER,BIRD KEEPER,45,,,,Male
43,NINJABOY,NINJA BOY,50,,,,Male
44,PARASOLLADY,PARASOL LADY,50,,,,Female
45,BUGMANIAC,BUG MANIAC,45,,,,Male
46,SAILOR,SAILOR,60,,,,Male
47,COLLECTOR,COLLECTOR,60,,,,Male
48,PkMnBREEDER_Male,PkMn BREEDER,40,,,,Male
49,PkMnRANGER_Male,PkMn RANGER,55,,,,Male
50,PkMnRANGER_Female,PkMn RANGER,55,,,,Female
51,TEAMMAGMA_MaleAlt,TEAM MAGMA,65,006-Boss02,,,Male
52,TEAMMAGMA_FemaleAlt,TEAM MAGMA,65,006-Boss02,,,Female
53,AROMALADY,AROMA LADY,40,,,,Female
54,RUINMANIAC,RUIN MANIAC,55,,,,Male
55,COOLTRAINER_Male,COOLTRAINER,60,,,,Male
56,COOLTRAINER_Female,COOLTRAINER,60,,,,Female
57,POKeMANIAC,POKéMANIAC,60,,,,Male
58,KINDLER,KINDLER,50,,,,Male
59,CAMPER,CAMPER,30,,,,Male
60,PICNICKER,PICNICKER,30,,,,Female
61,PSYCHIC_Male,PSYCHIC,40,,,,Male
62,PSYCHIC_Female,PSYCHIC,40,,,,Female
63,SCHOOLKID_Female,SCHOOL KID,20,,,,Female
64,POKeFAN_Male,POKéFAN,40,,,,Male
65,SISANDBRO,SIS AND BRO,60,,,,Mixed
66,OLDCOUPLE,OLD COUPLE,90,,,,Mixed
67,TEAMAQUA_MaleAlt,TEAM AQUA,60,006-Boss02,,,Male
68,TEAMAQUA_FemaleAlt,TEAM AQUA,60,006-Boss02,,,Male
69,TEAMAQUA_MaleAlt2,TEAM AQUA,60,006-Boss02,,,Male
70,AQUALEADER,AQUA LEADER,100,,,,Male
71,LEADER_Roxanne,LEADER,100,gymleader,,,Female
72,LEADER_Brawly,LEADER,100,gymleader,,,Male
73,LEADER_Wattson,LEADER,100,gymleader,,,Male
74,LEADER_Flannery,LEADER,100,gymleader,,,Female
75,LEADER_Norman,LEADER,100,gymleader,,,Male
76,LEADER_Winona,LEADER,100,gymleader,,,Female
77,LEADERS_LizaTate,LEADERS,100,gymleader,,,Mixed
78,LEADER_Wallace,LEADER,100,gymleader,,,Male
79,ELITEFOUR_Sidney,ELITE FOUR,100,elite,,,Male
80,ELITEFOUR_Phoebe,ELITE FOUR,100,elite,,,Female
81,ELITEFOUR_Glacia,ELITE FOUR,100,elite,,,Female
82,ELITEFOUR_Drake,ELITE FOUR,100,elite,,,Male
83,RIVAL,RIVAL,100,,,,Male

The problem is when I try to fight my rival right after choosing a starter. I made the code and trainers but now the game won't even start.

In the conditional branch is this code for the battle if bulbasaur is chosen.
pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::RIVAL,"#88",_I("I picked the wrong one didn't I."),false,2,true)

Ryoji
April 10th, 2011, 8:51 AM
Thanks, I can finally start my game now lol.

FL
April 10th, 2011, 8:52 AM
I'm getting the same error as someone on page 347.

Testing Alpha
File PBS/trainers.txt, line 6

C:\Users\Robert\Saved Games/Testing Alpha/errorlog.txt.
OK

I tried the solution given to the problem but it doesn't seem to work.

This is my trainers.txt file in the next spoiler.
#-------------------
RIVAL
#88,0
#-------------------
RIVAL
#88,1
CHARMANDER,5,10,,SCRATCH,GROWL,,,false,false
#-------------------
RIVAL
#88,2
SQUIRTLE,5,10,,TACKLE,TAILWHIP,,,false,false

This is the trainernames.txt file incase it helps, for anything else please ask.
0,PkMnTRAINER_Male,PkMn TRAINER,100,,,,Male
1,PkMnTRAINER_Female,PkMn TRAINER,100,,,,Female
2,LASS,LASS,24,,,,Female
3,YOUNGSTER,YOUNGSTER,24,,,,Male
4,HIKER,HIKER,50,,,,Male
5,BEAUTY,BEAUTY,50,,,,Female
6,FISHERMAN,FISHERMAN,40,,,,Male
7,LADY,LADY,80,,,,Female
8,TRIATHLETE_MaleCyclist,TRIATHLETE,60,,,,Male
9,TEAMAQUA_Male,TEAM AQUA,40,006-Boss02,,,Male
10,TWINS,TWINS,50,,,,Female
11,SWIMMERfE,SWIMMER?,50,,,,Female
12,BUGCATCHER,BUG CATCHER,16,,,,Male
13,SCHOOLKID_Male,SCHOOL KID,20,,,,Male
14,RICHBOY,RICH BOY,80,,,,Male
15,SRANDJR,SR. AND JR.,60,,,,Mixed
16,BLACKBELT,BLACK BELT,65,,,,Male
17,PkMnTRAINER_Wally,PkMn TRAINER,100,,,,Male
18,TEAMAQUA_Female,TEAM AQUA,40,006-Boss02,,,Female
19,TUBER_Female,TUBER,25,,,,Female
20,HEXMANIAC,HEX MANIAC,45,,,,Male
21,PkMnBREEDER_Female,PkMn BREEDER,40,,,,Female
22,TEAMMAGMA_Male,TEAM MAGMA,40,006-Boss02,,,Male
23,TEAMMAGMA_Female,TEAM MAGMA,40,006-Boss02,,,Female
24,INTERVIEWERS,INTERVIEWERS,60,,,,Mixed
25,TUBER_Male,TUBER,25,,,,Male
26,YOUNGCOUPLE,YOUNG COUPLE,80,,,,Mixed
27,GUITARIST,GUITARIST,50,,,,Male
28,GENTLEMAN,GENTLEMAN,75,,,,Male
29,CHAMPION,CHAMPION,100,,,,Male
30,MAGMALEADER,MAGMA LEADER,100,,,,Male
31,TRIATHLETE_FemaleRunner,TRIATHLETE,60,,,,Female
32,TRIATHLETE_MaleRunner,TRIATHLETE,60,,,,Male
33,BATTLEGIRL,BATTLE GIRL,65,,,,Female
34,TRIATHLETE_FemaleCyclist,TRIATHLETE,60,,,,Female
35,SWIMMERmA,SWIMMER?,50,,,,Male
36,POKeFAN_Female,POKéFAN,40,,,,Female
37,EXPERT_Male,EXPERT,80,,,,Male
38,EXPERT_Female,EXPERT,80,,,,Female
39,TRIATHLETE_MaleSwimmer,TRIATHLETE,60,,,,Male
40,TRIATHLETE_FemaleSwimmer,TRIATHLETE,60,,,,Female
41,DRAGONTAMER,DRAGON TAMER,75,,,,Male
42,BIRDKEEPER,BIRD KEEPER,45,,,,Male
43,NINJABOY,NINJA BOY,50,,,,Male
44,PARASOLLADY,PARASOL LADY,50,,,,Female
45,BUGMANIAC,BUG MANIAC,45,,,,Male
46,SAILOR,SAILOR,60,,,,Male
47,COLLECTOR,COLLECTOR,60,,,,Male
48,PkMnBREEDER_Male,PkMn BREEDER,40,,,,Male
49,PkMnRANGER_Male,PkMn RANGER,55,,,,Male
50,PkMnRANGER_Female,PkMn RANGER,55,,,,Female
51,TEAMMAGMA_MaleAlt,TEAM MAGMA,65,006-Boss02,,,Male
52,TEAMMAGMA_FemaleAlt,TEAM MAGMA,65,006-Boss02,,,Female
53,AROMALADY,AROMA LADY,40,,,,Female
54,RUINMANIAC,RUIN MANIAC,55,,,,Male
55,COOLTRAINER_Male,COOLTRAINER,60,,,,Male
56,COOLTRAINER_Female,COOLTRAINER,60,,,,Female
57,POKeMANIAC,POKéMANIAC,60,,,,Male
58,KINDLER,KINDLER,50,,,,Male
59,CAMPER,CAMPER,30,,,,Male
60,PICNICKER,PICNICKER,30,,,,Female
61,PSYCHIC_Male,PSYCHIC,40,,,,Male
62,PSYCHIC_Female,PSYCHIC,40,,,,Female
63,SCHOOLKID_Female,SCHOOL KID,20,,,,Female
64,POKeFAN_Male,POKéFAN,40,,,,Male
65,SISANDBRO,SIS AND BRO,60,,,,Mixed
66,OLDCOUPLE,OLD COUPLE,90,,,,Mixed
67,TEAMAQUA_MaleAlt,TEAM AQUA,60,006-Boss02,,,Male
68,TEAMAQUA_FemaleAlt,TEAM AQUA,60,006-Boss02,,,Male
69,TEAMAQUA_MaleAlt2,TEAM AQUA,60,006-Boss02,,,Male
70,AQUALEADER,AQUA LEADER,100,,,,Male
71,LEADER_Roxanne,LEADER,100,gymleader,,,Female
72,LEADER_Brawly,LEADER,100,gymleader,,,Male
73,LEADER_Wattson,LEADER,100,gymleader,,,Male
74,LEADER_Flannery,LEADER,100,gymleader,,,Female
75,LEADER_Norman,LEADER,100,gymleader,,,Male
76,LEADER_Winona,LEADER,100,gymleader,,,Female
77,LEADERS_LizaTate,LEADERS,100,gymleader,,,Mixed
78,LEADER_Wallace,LEADER,100,gymleader,,,Male
79,ELITEFOUR_Sidney,ELITE FOUR,100,elite,,,Male
80,ELITEFOUR_Phoebe,ELITE FOUR,100,elite,,,Female
81,ELITEFOUR_Glacia,ELITE FOUR,100,elite,,,Female
82,ELITEFOUR_Drake,ELITE FOUR,100,elite,,,Male
83,RIVAL,RIVAL,100,,,,Male

The problem is when I try to fight my rival right after choosing a starter. I made the code and trainers but now the game won't even start.

In the conditional branch is this code for the battle if bulbasaur is chosen.
pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::RIVAL,"#88",_I("I picked the wrong one didn't I."),false,2,true)
Put a name for rival like:
RIVAL
Blue
#88,0

TACHAN
April 10th, 2011, 9:56 AM
Hi again!
anyone know if the starter kit have a happiness check script?

To obtain TM Return or Frustration depending on his happiness.

FL
April 10th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Hi again!
anyone know if the starter kit have a happiness check script?

To obtain TM Return or Frustration depending on his happiness.
pbChoosePokemon(1,3)
$game_variables[ZZZ]=
pbGetPokemon(1).happiness
Where ZZZ is the number where you want that value be store. You can also change the "happiness" on code for the other PokeBattle_Pokemon atributes like pokerus, level, exp, item (number), etc... , checks the advanced topics on essentials documentation.

Turtwig26
April 10th, 2011, 5:19 PM
I keep getting this error:

Pokemon DS

SpriteWindow:3539:in `resizeToFitInternal'

SpriteWindow:3562:in `resizeToFit'

SpriteWindow:3509:in `initialize'

PokemonMessages:1048:in `new'

PokemonMessages:1048:in `pbCreateMessageWindow'

PokemonMessages:1000:in `pbMessage'

Compiler:2660:in `pbTrainerTypeCheck'

Compiler:2676:in `pbTrainerBattleCheck'

Compiler:3600:in `pbConvertToTrainerEvent'

Compiler:2715:in `pbCompileTrainerEvents'

TheMarkCrafter
April 11th, 2011, 6:56 AM
I keep getting this error:

Pokemon DS

SpriteWindow:3539:in `resizeToFitInternal'

SpriteWindow:3562:in `resizeToFit'

SpriteWindow:3509:in `initialize'

PokemonMessages:1048:in `new'

PokemonMessages:1048:in `pbCreateMessageWindow'

PokemonMessages:1000:in `pbMessage'

Compiler:2660:in `pbTrainerTypeCheck'

Compiler:2676:in `pbTrainerBattleCheck'

Compiler:3600:in `pbConvertToTrainerEvent'

Compiler:2715:in `pbCompileTrainerEvents'

What happened when that error poped-up?

Turtwig26
April 11th, 2011, 12:24 PM
What happened when that error poped-up?

I had just made a trainer event

LZ Ravanger
April 12th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Put a name for rival like:
RIVAL
Blue
#88,0

the rival's name is #88. what does the #88 you put mean?

flamemaster
April 12th, 2011, 1:09 PM
Clearly the background image isn't correct. Instead of calling the battleback with, 001 for example, call it as 1.
nope, doesnt work, any other ideas?

lx_theo
April 12th, 2011, 1:28 PM
nope, doesnt work, any other ideas?

Ugh, such a long time between that answer and this new post.

The picture you're referring to (I managed to find the post), isn't being shown. Perhaps you can upload it to another site so we can see it now?

LZ Ravanger
April 12th, 2011, 4:23 PM
I finally got the trainer working but for some reason the names don't appear right.

when the battle starts it says rival 1, 2, or 3 wants to battle.

Martinixon
April 12th, 2011, 4:44 PM
I need a little help with this error, it happens after I capture a Pokemon in Safari Zone, when the game is trying to transfer the Pokemon the Box.

PokeBattle_Battle:76:in `pbStorePokemon'
PokeBattle_Battle:181:in `pbThrowPokeBall'
PokeBattle_SafariZone:119:in `pbStartBattle'
PokemonSafari:107:in `pbSafariBattle'
PokemonSafari:106:in `pbSceneStandby'
PokemonSafari:108:in `pbSafariBattle'
PokemonSafari:105:in `pbBattleAnimation'
PokemonSafari:105:in `pbSafariBattle'
PokemonSafari:96
PokemonSafari:90:in `call'

Any help is appreciated.

taimao
April 13th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Hi fellow essentials users, it has been a while since my last post here.

If anyone here has been trying to add pokemon dream world abilities to a project I posted the beginning of a tutorial of how to do it on the Pokemon Essentials Wiki. It's marked incomplete, but it might still help you. After I am done finishing dream world abilities I might post a tutorial on how to get castform to change sprites in battle or maybe just a general tutorial of how to change a pokemon's sprite in battle (I've had it figured out for years now)

Linkey
April 14th, 2011, 4:04 AM
Hello pokecommunity,

while i was trying to make the current Position of the roaming Pokemon visible in the Pokedex, after you seem them first (like the cats in Pokemon G/S/C) i noticed, that the system doesn't work right.

After starting a "testplay" the switches of the roaming Pokemon get turned on. But if I'm checking the current positon with:
p($PokemonGlobal.roamPosition)
it only shows 1-3 different Positions.
e.g. it says, Tropius is on Map 46. After changing the Map it says it is on 44. After changing Map again it says that Tropius is on Map 42. Then it is always on Map 42. And if i'm encouter a Pokemon on Map 42, it isn't Tropius. How could that be?

This is the configuration of the RoamingAreas and Species:

RoamingAreas={
42 => [43, 44],
43 => [42, 44],
44 => [42, 43]
}
RoamingSpecies={
:TROPIUS => [15,100,{
42 => [43, 44],
43 => [42, 44],
44 => [42, 45],
45 => [44, 46],
46 => [44, 45]
}],
:CHARMANDER => [15,101,{
42 => [43, 44],
43 => [42, 44],
44 => [42, 43]
}]
}
end

Edit:
I think the postion of the Pokemon stops changing as soon as it reaches the same map the player is on. But i wonder why the pokemon doesn't appear...

flamemaster
April 14th, 2011, 5:40 AM
Ugh, such a long time between that answer and this new post.

The picture you're referring to (I managed to find the post), isn't being shown. Perhaps you can upload it to another site so we can see it now?
ok here.
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1702/bugscreen.png
i tried changing the thing in the editor to 1, but it did'nt work. this is happening with all my maps no matter what i set them to. plz help.
flamemaster~

lx_theo
April 14th, 2011, 11:55 AM
ok here.
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1702/bugscreen.png
i tried changing the thing in the editor to 1, but it did'nt work. this is happening with all my maps no matter what i set them to. plz help.
flamemaster~

Ah, yes, I've actually answered this question lately

From my experience, this is because the editor, when setting the background number, does it incorrectly. When you look at the PBS file for metadata and the area for that map, the battleback has the number you put and some sort of rectangle or random symbol next to it. Simply delete the rectangle and it fixes it.

------------------------------------------------------------

I finally got the trainer working but for some reason the names don't appear right.

when the battle starts it says rival 1, 2, or 3 wants to battle.

In the line for the name it should be like this...

TrainerType
Name,ID#
# of Pokemon in lineup
... Pokemon
So, like

RIVAL
Blue,3
PIDGEY... (and the rest of this line)
SQUIRTLE... (and the rest of this line)

flamemaster
April 14th, 2011, 2:30 PM
@lx_theo
thank you so much!!!
it works now.
flamemaster~

TheMarkCrafter
April 14th, 2011, 11:53 PM
Can somebody tell me how to set border blocks when in outside places?

Linkey
April 14th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Just change the autotile of the outside Tileset.

Doromyc
April 15th, 2011, 2:39 AM
Can be made this starter kit in French for those of the forum.
Thank you !

Serilei
April 15th, 2011, 3:12 AM
Looks very interesting none-the-less, I am sure this works out alot better than Advance Map no doubts

carmaniac
April 15th, 2011, 3:29 AM

You just put tree's on the boarder of the maps that are at least 7 tiles in width and height. :P

Himalama
April 15th, 2011, 11:01 AM
When I leave 'test map 2', which is connected to my own outdoor map, I get this message:

Pokemon Essentials

This exception was logged in ./errorlog.txt.

OK

It has something to do with the weather, I know. Does anyone know how to turn weather effects off? I never wanted them.

FL
April 15th, 2011, 11:40 AM
the rival's name is #88. what does the #88 you put mean?You can't put the symbol "#" in rival's name.

Hi fellow essentials users, it has been a while since my last post here.

If anyone here has been trying to add pokemon dream world abilities to a project I posted the beginning of a tutorial of how to do it on the Pokemon Essentials Wiki. It's marked incomplete, but it might still help you. After I am done finishing dream world abilities I might post a tutorial on how to get castform to change sprites in battle or maybe just a general tutorial of how to change a pokemon's sprite in battle (I've had it figured out for years now)Very good not only for put these abilities, but for create any new PBS style file!

When I leave 'test map 2', which is connected to my own outdoor map, I get this message:

Pokemon Essentials

OK

It has something to do with the weather, I know. Does anyone know how to turn weather effects off? I never wanted them.Search at least a little before post, this error is the most common one http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Error_messages .
To disable Night and Day System in line 314 of PokemonUtilities says "ENABLESHADING = true". Make it false instead.
------------------------------------------------------------
My turn:

1-
I want to do a old style item PC without Mailbox. But if I call pbPCItemStorage without a Kernel.pbMessage after, the games freeze! Why? There a fix without I need to use Kernel.pbMessage?
I need to put:
command=1
loop do
(command==1 || command==-1) ? pbPCItemStorage : break
command=Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("Exit?"),[_INTL("YES"),_INTL("NO")],-1)
end

2-
Has anyone manage to get the bridges working? I can pass for up, but when I try to pass under bridge my characters end surf and got freezie under bridge!

3-How everyone encrypted the Demos in a way that the PBS got compiled too? Any tips will be appreciated.

4-I didn't know if this is a error or not, but if you create a secret map area and put pokémon encounters in it you can see that area via "Area" pokédex command. Someone had a fix for it?

5-Anyone had any anti-lag tips for maps like don't make them huge or put many events? I had lag trouble.

Himalama
April 16th, 2011, 7:40 AM
I've got a few questions.
Does anyone know how to enlarge the game screen? And how do you replace the standard overworld sprites with bigger ones?
I'd also like to know how to connect maps...

(I'm using RMXP and Poccil's starter kit)

Cilerba
April 16th, 2011, 7:54 AM
I've got a few questions.
Does anyone know how to enlarge the game screen? And how do you replace the standard overworld sprites with bigger ones?
I'd also like to know how to connect maps...

(I'm using RMXP and Poccil's starter kit)

If you mean to have a larger resolution, go to the script 'SpriteResizer' and the replace
@@width=480
@@height=320

with the resolution you want for your game.

What do you mean by 'bigger' charsets?

And to connect maps, go to the 'Editor' in your game folder, go to 'Visual Editor', and you can connect the maps from there.

Himalama
April 16th, 2011, 8:59 AM
If you mean to have a larger resolution, go to the script 'SpriteResizer' and the replace
@@width=480
@@height=320with the resolution you want for your game.

And to connect maps, go to the 'Editor' in your game folder, go to 'Visual Editor', and you can connect the maps from there.

Thank you VERY much for your answers. Really, they've been really helpful.
I meant using bigger overworld trainer sprites. The ones in essentials are (i believe) the sprites from fr/lg/r/s/e, and I want to use sprites as big as the ones from HG/SS.

Oh, I didn't mean resolution. I want to make the screen bigger, but the sprites have to stay the way they are now. I just want to make the 'canvas' bigger.

Also, when I'm setting encounters on a map, I first have to choose bulbasaur. Next I can choose a pokemon myself, but there's always a bulbasaur in my encounters... =S

Linkey
April 16th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Thank you VERY much for your answers. Really, they've been really helpful.
I meant using bigger overworld trainer sprites. The ones in essentials are (i believe) the sprites from fr/lg/r/s/e, and I want to use sprites as big as the ones from HG/SS.

Oh, I didn't mean resolution. I want to make the screen bigger, but the sprites have to stay the way they are now. I just want to make the 'canvas' bigger.

Also, when I'm setting encounters on a map, I first have to choose bulbasaur. Next I can choose a pokemon myself, but there's always a bulbasaur in my encounters... =S

Shouldn't be a problem to use larger charsets. Just import larger charsets o.ô
Resize the charsets of the starterkit (paint / paintshop pro / gimp / whatever) or just use d/p/p/hg/ss charsets and import them to rmxp.

You can change the encounters in the textfile (starterkit/pbs/pbencounter.txt). Should be easy to modify (if you don't understand the textfile, just look it up in the notes.htm).

Himalama
April 16th, 2011, 1:04 PM
Shouldn't be a problem to use larger charsets. Just import larger charsets o.ô
Resize the charsets of the starterkit (paint / paintshop pro / gimp / whatever) or just use d/p/p/hg/ss charsets and import them to rmxp.

You can change the encounters in the textfile (starterkit/pbs/pbencounter.txt). Should be easy to modify (if you don't understand the textfile, just look it up in the notes.htm).

I've found the last one out myself, but thanks anyway :)
About the charsets, isn't there going to be a HUGE error if I just import new charsets?

KitsuneKouta
April 16th, 2011, 1:48 PM
I've found the last one out myself, but thanks anyway :)
About the charsets, isn't there going to be a HUGE error if I just import new charsets?The charsets aren't limited to any exact size. It's proportional. You simply need to make sure that there are 4 tiles vertically and 4 horizontally, and each must be the exact same size. So, if you want chars that are 32x32, you would arrange them 4x4 on a 128x128 sheet. If you want 64x64, you arrange them on a 256x256 sheet. Of course, making excessively large sprites poses problems with collision detection and stuff, but if you're just going for the slightly larger 4th gen size, import a few from somewhere into your project, and you should find that they work perfectly fine.

Himalama
April 16th, 2011, 1:57 PM
The charsets aren't limited to any exact size. It's proportional. You simply need to make sure that there are 4 tiles vertically and 4 horizontally, and each must be the exact same size. So, if you want chars that are 32x32, you would arrange them 4x4 on a 128x128 sheet. If you want 64x64, you arrange them on a 256x256 sheet. Of course, making excessively large sprites poses problems with collision detection and stuff, but if you're just going for the slightly larger 4th gen size, import a few from somewhere into your project, and you should find that they work perfectly fine.

Thank you VERY much :) really helpful

Martinixon
April 16th, 2011, 4:32 PM
Is there any way to make a graphic wait X amount of frames without having to use pbWait.
I just need to make one graphic pause for 30 Frames and then use a graphic.update to change it with another graphic while being able to move through the pokedex summary screen.

Shirayuki Sousetsu
April 16th, 2011, 5:56 PM
Ok, i've searched this thread and i haven't seen what i was wondering about, i apologize if it was there and i missed it, but i'm using RPGMakerXP, i'm adding the animated pokémon to the essentials kit, but that's not the issue, i was wondering if there was a way to script to do like in HGSS and have the first pokémon in the party walk behind the player. If anyone knows please help me out.

Atomic Reactor
April 16th, 2011, 6:54 PM
Ughhh, I added a bunch of Pokemon trainers into the notepad, then put them into the game. But one of my maps won't load and i get this error...
-------------------------------------------------
Exception: TypeError
Compiler:3248:in `+'
Compiler:3248:in `pbConvertToTrainerEvent'
Compiler:2838:in `pbCompileTrainerEvents'
Compiler:2833:in `each'
Compiler:2833:in `pbCompileTrainerEvents'
Compiler:2828:in `each'
Compiler:2828:in `pbCompileTrainerEvents'
Compiler:3548:in `pbCompileAllData'
------------------------------------------------
What does it mean? :/

FL
April 17th, 2011, 4:14 AM
Ok, i've searched this thread and i haven't seen what i was wondering about, i apologize if it was there and i missed it, but i'm using RPGMakerXP, i'm adding the animated pokémon to the essentials kit, but that's not the issue, i was wondering if there was a way to script to do like in HGSS and have the first pokémon in the party walk behind the player. If anyone knows please help me out.In Pokemon Essentials DS (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=239486) you can see this script working, but if you prefer they separately, see here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=202478)

Can someone ask my questions, please?

LZ Ravanger
April 17th, 2011, 5:46 AM
thank you FL, i was messing around with that but it never kicked into my head.

Next question

If I were to release the game after after a certain amount of time and then blockoff paths to other areas like in Shiny Gold, when should I do the first release? after 2, 4, 8 gyms? Also, do I need to add anything to make game saves transferrable to new updated versions. (This may be out of place but I would like it answered.)

P.S. 88 being the name I gave to my rival, its the guaranteed name for the rival. It'll explain itself when the game goes live. The name is still undecided.

FL
April 17th, 2011, 7:21 AM
Someone asks in this threat a month ago or more if is possible to create bridges in ground to pass under, I manage to create but via RPG Maker xP events.
To do this put a bridge and block for step in borders via database. Put two events lines with "Player Touch" trigger circulating the bridge in area that you go to pass under or pass below. In the first line activate an switch and in second desativate. In bridges create an event for every tile with two pages to switch via the switch that you activate and desactivates. In one page mark the box "Always on Top" and "Through" (both in same page).

It's hard to explain and I aren't good at this...

thank you FL, i was messing around with that but it never kicked into my head.

Next question

If I were to release the game after after a certain amount of time and then blockoff paths to other areas like in Shiny Gold, when should I do the first release? after 2, 4, 8 gyms? Also, do I need to add anything to make game saves transferrable to new updated versions. (This may be out of place but I would like it answered.)

P.S. 88 being the name I gave to my rival, its the guaranteed name for the rival. It'll explain itself when the game goes live. The name is still undecided.I recommend that you separate some switches ON. In the news versions create an autoruns commons events with these switches and change things with this. I also recommend that these upgrades only works on certain maps like Pokécenters (if you don't be in theses places the game freeze) and put some switches on game to block downgrade.

I don't know exactly the best GYM count to release a demo, but I think's that 2 be good.

Himalama
April 17th, 2011, 10:58 AM
http://www.plaatjesupload.nl/bekijk/2011/04/17/1303048596-270.png
I keep getting this, no matter what I do. Does anyone know how to fix it?
Also, I'd like to make my game screen a bit bigger. Does anyone know how to do that? Same for changing the start map! I want to start from the player's room, not from test map 02 :(

FL
April 17th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Someone can answer my questions on previous page?
http://www.plaatjesupload.nl/bekijk/2011/04/17/1303048596-270.png
I keep getting this, no matter what I do. Does anyone know how to fix it?
Also, I'd like to make my game screen a bit bigger. Does anyone know how to do that? Same for changing the start map! I want to start from the player's room, not from test map 02 :(Well, I use Essentials DS and this problem happened to me (I'm assuming you mean for battles, since thats what happened to me. If not, ignore this and clarify what you mean). I haven't looked in depth at the new versions of Essentials, but I'd assume its similar if not the same.

@@width=480
@@height=320

with the resolution you want for your game.

To start for other map, simply edit the map "Intro" event, the teleport line.

IceGod64
April 17th, 2011, 6:43 PM
Okay, I'm back again with one really bizarre issue trying to implement the move Magnet Rise. Here's what I have:

Script: PBEffects
Pinch=86
AquaRing=87
MagnetRise=88
MagnetUser=89Script: PokeBattle_MoveEffects
#FC = MAGNET RISE
class PokeBattle_Move_FC < PokeBattle_Move
def pbEffect(attacker,opponent)
if attacker.effects[PBEffects::MagnetRise]>0
@battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("But it failed!"))
return -1
else
@battle.pbAnimation(@id,attacker,nil)
attacker.effects[PBEffects::MagnetRise]=5
attacker.effects[PBEffects::MagnetUser]=attacker.pbThis
@battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} levitated itself on electricity!",attacker.pbThis))
return 0
end
end
end

In Pokebattle_Battler I have a section that actually makes Magnet rise work, but that's not the issue, that works fine, here's the problematic part:
Script: PokeBattle_Battle (Right beneath Safeguard)
#Magnet Rise countdown
for i in priority
if i.effects[PBEffects::MagnetRise]>0
i.effects[PBEffects::MagnetRise]-=1
#pbDisplay(_INTL("Magnet Effect drops one."))
pbDisplay(_INTL("The effects of Magnet Rise on {1} faded!",MagnetUser)) if i.effects[PBEffects::MagnetRise]==0
end
end

The issue: The game doesn't display the message "The effects of Magnet Rise on {1} faded!" when Magnet Rise ends. It does end correctly, and works correctly for the 5 turns it's supposed to, but it doesn't display the notification that magnet rise has ended. If I remove the variable MagnetUser then the line appears like it should, but that won't at all, since it needs to say who the effect has ended for.

Edit: I just realized this is in the wrong thread. I will post in Game Dev help from now on.

Atomic Reactor
April 17th, 2011, 7:55 PM
I solved my last problem.

Now I just have a question.
Which line, and what script, do I have to edit to change how high the opposing pokemon trainer sprite is displayed in battle?

IceGod64
April 17th, 2011, 10:45 PM

Which line, and what script, do I have to edit to change how high the opposing pokemon trainer sprite is displayed in battle?

Pokebattle_Actualscene

As for where, I'm afraid you'll have to hunt that one down, I don't remember just where and can't find my documentation. Good luck.

danko Kordic
April 18th, 2011, 4:20 AM
Hi guys, i was wondering, how can i make my rival get a starter. When i choose a starter, he doesn't pick it up, and after i've chosen Charmander, i can still choose other starter. So my problem is: How can i make other people/rivals get starter pokemon? Pls help.

Atomic Reactor
April 18th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Pokebattle_Actualscene

As for where, I'm afraid you'll have to hunt that one down, I don't remember just where and can't find my documentation. Good luck.

Thanks man, had to try a few lines, but I got it :)

Line 1551 incase anyone cares haha (for my game anyway XD)

Fraot
April 18th, 2011, 12:39 PM

I've been messing with that too. It's at PokeBattle_ActualScene. The pokémon will not show correctly. You have to change EVERY pokémon by hand at the Pokemon.txt file, I think. Because, all the pokémon will look fine at Wild Battles, but when you are at Trainer Battles, the pokémon will be too high ir the screen.

desbrina
April 18th, 2011, 1:24 PM
Anyone know how to sort out the problem where if you use more than one pokemon against an enemy pokemon and defeat it, if one of yours levels up the next ones don't receive exp?

Linkey
April 18th, 2011, 8:54 PM
Hi guys, i was wondering, how can i make my rival get a starter. When i choose a starter, he doesn't pick it up, and after i've chosen Charmander, i can still choose other starter. So my problem is: How can i make other people/rivals get starter pokemon? Pls help.

You just have do use a switch/var after taking one pokemon. Just create a new page on each "starter-event" which has a switch as condition. Turn the switch on after choosing one of them, so the other 2 couldn't be choosen anymore.

You can do it the same way to let the rival pick a starter pokemon. Just read some basic tutorials of rmxp.

KingRazor
April 18th, 2011, 9:18 PM
Still working on the glitch where pokemon other than the last one to battle won't learn new moves when they level up.

Linkey
April 19th, 2011, 3:25 AM
Hello everyone,

just a question about game lag. My game is lagging no matter on which map I am. Even in the Intro Scene (where you have to choose if you want to "play a new game", "continue a game" or "end the game").
It's like the game is freezin every 2-3 seconds. Since it doesn't change anything if I'm turning the day/night system off or not, i would like to ask you, if you know, what else could be the reason for this kind of lag.

Than you :3

Cilerba
April 19th, 2011, 5:27 AM
Essentials usually doesn't lag that much, so, I hate to break it to you, but it's most likely your computer.

Linkey
April 19th, 2011, 5:52 AM
Essentials usually doesn't lag that much, so, I hate to break it to you, but it's most likely your computer.
negative.
I tested it on 2 PCs.
I used an old version of the starterkit before, where it doesn't lag that much. Must be something of the newest Version. ):

IceGod64
April 19th, 2011, 9:57 AM
negative.
I tested it on 2 PCs.

Implying both PC's might not be terrible?

The new version of essentials is a little more resource-intensive, so if you couldn't even play to old version without lag, yes, it's your computer(s) that are at fault. I've said this many times before, but I have never had lag issues and my PC isn't even all that great.

Fraot
April 19th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Implying both PC's might not be terrible?

The new version of essentials is a little more resource-intensive, so if you couldn't even play to old version without lag, yes, it's your computer(s) that are at fault. I've said this many times before, but I have never had lag issues and my PC isn't even all that great.

Actually, the newest Essentials is TOO laggy. Don't say it's my Pc, because it's a Core 2 Duo of 2.8 GHz and 3 GB of RAM. All the Essentials, before the newest one are not too laggy, it has normal lag. But the September 2010, I think, is WAY TOO LAGGY.

BTW: I have tested it on the PC at my office, the one from my house(the Core2Duo with 2.8), with a friend's, and with one I used to use at a 3D Videogame Design company which is like triple the power of the one at my house and it lags.

So, what's wrong with it? Any ideas of how to solve it?

Canderis
April 19th, 2011, 3:39 PM
How would I go about fixing the issue described in the wiki

There is currently no way of manually switching between viewing the Regional Dex and the National Dex (besides going to different maps in different regions).

My idea would be to make a menu appear after the regional dex has been enabled that lets you choose, or something, but i can't script. Would anyone be able to help me with this?

Turtwig26
April 19th, 2011, 4:08 PM
Hey! I use essentials DS and I imported a new tileset. While I was mapping, I made some ledges and I set them to terrain tag 1, but whenever I walk over them, there is no jumping animation or sound

taimao
April 19th, 2011, 8:25 PM
Actually, the newest Essentials is TOO laggy. Don't say it's my Pc, because it's a Core 2 Duo of 2.8 GHz and 3 GB of RAM. All the Essentials, before the newest one are not too laggy, it has normal lag. But the September 2010, I think, is WAY TOO LAGGY.

BTW: I have tested it on the PC at my office, the one from my house(the Core2Duo with 2.8), with a friend's, and with one I used to use at a 3D Videogame Design company which is like triple the power of the one at my house and it lags.

So, what's wrong with it? Any ideas of how to solve it?
I can't speak for everyone obviously, but the only time I experenced lag is when a map had too many events on it (this lag would spread to conected maps as well). Unfortunately, I'm not sure if the version of essentials I have is the newest (Sept. 2010) or the one right before it (May 2010). From the number of computers tested the chances that the computer used is completely to blame are low. There may be an issue within essentials that needs exploring.

Edit:Also if one makes any edits to the coding within essentials the lag may be traced to edits. I know mine has tons of coding that isn't found in a clean version of essentials.

Linkey
April 19th, 2011, 8:55 PM
It's definitely a problem of the newest essential...

I tested the older version and they didn't lag (the older version only lags on my pc while the bgm changes, but this has nothing to do with essential...).

Since the game lags even on the title Screen, it can't be a problem of big maps or too many events.

I've tested the new version on 3 PCs now (1 private pc, 1 private notebook, 1 pc of my office and the worst one of those 3 has 4gb ram & 2x 2,8GHz).

Well i just asked if someone knows something about that issue. I'm trying to identify the problems myself too. So please don't say "it must be the fault of your low pc".

Edit:
PS: I've tested it with the newest (clean) version.

thepsynergist
April 19th, 2011, 8:57 PM
Another thing to notice, its the midi playback that lags, if you use mp3's, they don't lag for some reason.

Linkey
April 19th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Well even if there is no audio file in game folder (and i tested a map without audio as well) it still lags.

danko Kordic
April 20th, 2011, 9:16 AM
Thanks for the help, but i have another problem..

When i walk in my house, where my player lives, wild pokemon appears..-.-
I didn't put wild battles in so wild pokemons shouldn't appear, what is happening? Pls help..:S

I didn't put wild battles in so wild pokemons shouldn't appear, what is happening? Pls help..:S

Martinixon
April 20th, 2011, 11:38 AM

Check the encounters PBS file, maybe you have it set up as a cave.

Samurott20
April 20th, 2011, 6:13 PM
im using pokemon essentials with rpg maker xp, and when i test play the game i created, i cant see my players sprite, it invisible, what is the problem and how can i fix this up?

thanks.

Cilerba
April 20th, 2011, 6:18 PM
Moved into the Essentials thread.

Linkey
April 20th, 2011, 11:49 PM
Anyone knows if the textcompiler is bugged? It always says:
"Failed to compile text: Section Map0 has an odd number of entries (section was recognize as hash because it's first line is not a number)"

Edit:
Oh.. okey, seems there is 1 line missing. So it seems like the Extract-Text method is bugged ;3

Edit²:
Okey, nothing was bugged, but my texteditor :3

danko Kordic
April 21st, 2011, 6:45 AM
Hey guys, maybe this has been answered, but how do i make it so that i encounetr wil pokemons? I mean, i put everything in the encounters.txt, i wrote my map's ID but Pokemons won't attack me in grass. What am i doing wrong?

Here is what i did:
Land
PIDGEY,16
PARAS,16
PARAS,16
RATTATA,17
RATTATA,18
PIDGEY,17
RATTATA,19
RATTATA,18
PIDGEY,19
RATTATA,18
PIDGEY,20
RATTATA,20

i went to editor and did the encounters there on my Route 2 but there is still no encounters, do i need a script or something? pls help

dannyboy601
April 21st, 2011, 10:25 AM
Sometimes (not all the time) when I warp from an indoor map to an outdoor map, or start the game on an outdoor map, this error message appears:

Exception: ArgumentError

PokemonUtilities:288:in `at'

PokemonUtilities:288:in `getToneInternal'

PokemonUtilities:287:in `each'

PokemonUtilities:287:in `getToneInternal'

PokemonUtilities:50:in `getTone'

PokemonUtilities:761:in `pbDayNightTint'

Sprite_Character:33:in `perspectivetilemap_initialize'

Does anybody know why this happens and how to fix it?

thepsynergist
April 21st, 2011, 10:53 AM
Make sure the tiles that you are trying to encounter Pokemon in are of terrain tag 2.

mysticjoshgaming
April 21st, 2011, 11:26 AM
I made a pokemart that sells poke balls, great balls, potions and antidotes but when i talked to the guy this came up:

Pokemon Light and Dark
Exception: SyntaxError
(eval):4: syntax error
PBItems::POKeBALL
^
(eval):6: syntax error
***Full script:
pbPokemonMart([
PBItems::POTION,
PBItems::ANTIDOTE
PBItems::GREATBALL
])

Interpreter:1583:in `command_355'
Interpreter:492:in `execute_command'

OK

thepsynergist
April 21st, 2011, 12:00 PM
You need to have the ]) at the end of your script be on the same line as your Great Ball item. So like this.

pbPokemonMart([
PBItems::POTION,
PBItems::ANTIDOTE
PBItems::GREATBALL])

Turtwig26
April 21st, 2011, 3:30 PM
I'm still having problems. I have a new tileset i'm using but when I walk in the grass, no wild pokemon attack me and when I go over ledges, I don't jump. I used the built in terrain tag editor but that didn't work. How to I get my tileset to be the one that comes up when you edit the terrain tags in the editor?

ProdigyX
April 21st, 2011, 5:31 PM
Can anyone give a brief tutorial on how to make a playable Pokemon main character that aint invisible :D sorry so noob at RPG atm

Starrodkirby86
April 21st, 2011, 5:56 PM
Well, at default, the actor's all blank. For actor data to be there, a script command needs to occur to define what the hero will be (Such as a boy or a girl).

Looking at the intro event in the example game, that function appears to be:

pbChangePlayer(0)

The number goes from 0-3, 0 being PlayerA and 3 being PlayerD

So you need to make a Call Script that does that script command. You can edit specific names and sprites of what that player choice would be by going into Metadata -> Global within Editor.exe.

If all seems lost, just follow what the example game's intro is like.

ProdigyX
April 21st, 2011, 7:40 PM
thanks for your fast reply!
And all i have to say is I love you! hahaha you fixed this annoying problem for me :D
Thanks heaps!

Turtwig26
April 21st, 2011, 7:46 PM
I fixed my other problem, but I just have a question. i was looking at CNG's tutorial for making dual screens and touch screen menues.The dual screen script worked fine, but I'm not sure where the update method part of the script is for you to see the cursor. Also, when I try to make a button, I get an error: Script 'Dual Screen' line 101: NoMethodError orccured. undefinedmethod 'x=' for nil:Nilclass. How do I fix this? Am I just putting the script for the button in the wrong place?(dual screen script)
'

ProdigyX
April 21st, 2011, 8:09 PM
thanks for your fast reply!
And all i have to say is I love you! hahaha you fixed this annoying problem for me :D
Thanks heaps!