PDA

View Full Version : [Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Wichu
May 21st, 2008, 08:43 AM
I have another question. How do you create new POKEMON types and moves? I found one of the fun game with new POKEMON type "Light" and "Virus" but don't know how these were added into the game.

If you want to know, here's the list of the different hex codes, on poccil's website: RS Attack Functions (http://upokecenter.com/games/rs/guides/attacks.html).

If you want to have DP or custom move effects, you'll have to learn to script.

Hall Of Famer
May 21st, 2008, 01:34 PM
for the moves, go to the moves.txt file, and put it in there, the note.html file tells you how, also, there is a hex number (which are actually letters like ab, ac,ad) that go with the move, now go to the PokeBattle_move file in the script editor, and put in PokeBattle_Move_?? (where ?? is the new moves hex number). and walla. you have a new move.

for the type: in the script editor go to PBTypes, it says how to do it there, all you really do is add a new type number, a new type coll, and a new type row, it tells you how to in the file, so if you get confused just read the comment lines, and if that doesn't work, ask us here :D , and i THINK you have to add a new type block in the image file fore it. (that just means adding a picture), it's really easy to edit this one, and when your done with that, TODA! new type.

Thank you for this help, I do appreciate it very much. However, I know nothing about how to add that picture and I wonder if the game will crush if I don't add a block picture. Can you please tell me how to make that picture?

Rageman
May 21st, 2008, 04:13 PM
EDIT: It stopped doing it. Thanks.
Now, one more dumbarse question:
How do I set up an event for starter Pokemon?

Atomic Reactor
May 21st, 2008, 04:31 PM
please read the notes. it's very simple.
set up an event.
last page is script
do that one.
then type in pbAddPokemon(X,Y)
X= pokemon number
Y= its level

Rageman
May 21st, 2008, 04:48 PM
please read the notes. it's very simple.
set up an event.
last page is script
do that one.
then type in pbAddPokemon(X,Y)
X= pokemon number
Y= its level
Thanks.

Checked the notes, this wasn't there:
---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
Exception: ArgumentError

PokeBattle_Battle:352:in `initialize'

PokemonField:382:in `new'

PokemonField:382:in `pbWildBattle'

PokemonField:688:in `pbOnStepTaken'

Game_Player*:623:in `update_old'

Walk/Run:57:in `update'

Scene_Map:100:in `update'

Scene_Map:97:in `loop'

Scene_Map:110:in `update'

Scene_Map:66:in `main'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

This is before I can even exit my house. How do I fix it?

Atomic Reactor
May 21st, 2008, 05:10 PM
that's cause that's an error.
it's saying that you can't battle a pokemon cuz you dont have any.
so that error will disappear once you get a pokemon.
( that should only happen in the grass)

EDIT: i jsut read that bottom part. go edit the encounters text in the pbs folder. then whatever that map is should be deleted.

Rageman
May 21st, 2008, 05:17 PM
that's cause that's an error.
it's saying that you can't battle a pokemon cuz you dont have any.
so that error will disappear once you get a pokemon.
( that should only happen in the grass)

EDIT: i jsut read that bottom part. go edit the encounters text in the pbs folder. then whatever that map is should be deleted.

So, do I wipe that document clean then?

Atomic Reactor
May 21st, 2008, 05:23 PM
no no no.
ok. find out what the name of that map is.
then go to the encounter notepad in PBS folder.
find that name of the map and delete that section of it.

Rageman
May 21st, 2008, 05:28 PM
no no no.
ok. find out what the name of that map is.
then go to the encounter notepad in PBS folder.
find that name of the map and delete that section of it.

Okay, it works. Thanks! :)

Atomic Reactor
May 21st, 2008, 05:34 PM
yep no problem ^_^

Is there a way to bring up a naming screen for a rival?

Jirbytaylor
May 21st, 2008, 06:33 PM
yep no problem ^_^

Is there a way to bring up a naming screen for a rival?

I'm looking into that now myself. I tried something similar to what is said in the readme:
$game_variables[26] = pbEnterText("Gary",1,7)

But I got an error. I'm experimenting now as to another way.

On a side note "pbEnterText("Gary",1,7)" alone brings up a naming screen but I don't think you can then access the "Gary" variable when it's called "Gary".

pbEnterText($game_variables[26],1,7) causes an error if you're thinking of using that.

EDIT: See this post. [address]showthread.php?p=3287519&highlight=rival#post3287519
dang you 15 psot limit. i_i

Atomic Reactor
May 21st, 2008, 06:41 PM
well, i havn't really taken a look at the notes so i can't say much..

Jirbytaylor
May 21st, 2008, 06:54 PM
Recheck my post. Post wasn't posting until I de-URLed the link. :V

yaoimutt
May 21st, 2008, 08:01 PM
Thank you for this help, I do appreciate it very much. However, I know nothing about how to add that picture and I wonder if the game will crush if I don't add a block picture. Can you please tell me how to make that picture?

it's actually easy, open the image that has the types on it (it's all one image) make it a little bigger so that it can fit a new type bar in it, copy a type bar into that spot, and edit it, if you still can't do it, then pm me with the new types (and there numbers) and i will do it for you (and send you the image file)

poccil
May 21st, 2008, 11:12 PM
AtomicReactor, Jirbytaylor:

It came to my attention that the example in the documentation is wrong. It should read:

$game_variables[25]=
pbEnterText(_INTL("Rival's name?"),1,7,"RIVAL")

In addition, the error is caused by a bug in the name entry system if "OK" is selected when no text was entered. I have just fixed that bug.

Hall Of Famer
May 22nd, 2008, 01:17 AM
it's actually easy, open the image that has the types on it (it's all one image) make it a little bigger so that it can fit a new type bar in it, copy a type bar into that spot, and edit it, if you still can't do it, then pm me with the new types (and there numbers) and i will do it for you (and send you the image file)

I appreciate your help very much. I already sent a pm to you about the description of the three new types. Have a good day, man!

Minorthreat0987
May 22nd, 2008, 02:37 PM
If anyone could possible tell me how to move the position of a trainers pokemon in the battle system, because I have successfully moved the players pokemon and wild pokemon to look appropriate in my resized screen size but for some reason trainers pokemon did not move along with the wild pokemon as I had hoped. So if anyone could tell me the line of script where the position numbers are found that would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance.

Jirbytaylor
May 22nd, 2008, 05:29 PM
Are there any advantages to using Map Connecting over creating a copy of part of a map and using normal player transfer to make the maps seem connected?
I'd assume there'd be more lag with Map Connecting than the other method, especially once you have many overworld areas.

Also has anyone else noticed (or believe to have noticed) that when adding Town Map locations, some of them disappear? Is there a limit to map points?

Atomic Reactor
May 22nd, 2008, 05:39 PM
yeah, map connections are a lot easier... trust me <_<
i tried that a long time ago. it sucked.
do you have the latest version of the SK?

Jirbytaylor
May 22nd, 2008, 05:54 PM
Yes I do, I tried it just now and no lag. :o Just will have to wait until I have like 7 maps linked up to see if it begins to lag I guess.

Atomic Reactor
May 22nd, 2008, 06:06 PM
yeah, doing connections is a lot easier. as far as i kno they're shouldnt be a limit to how many maps connect.

Jirbytaylor
May 22nd, 2008, 08:35 PM
I've noticed that "What will [active] do?" is actually more to the left than other battle messages. Where is the x position of the window containing this text?

Also, where does the day/night system access the system time? I want to set this to a variable so I can freely control time of day via events/progression in story.

Lastly how can I check the player's gender to create different dialogues? Specifically for referencing the player as he/she/boy/girl...

Once you get your head around it thing get easier. :D I'm loving this kit even more now!
Now I just got to keep motivated. ^^;

imtheomega
May 22nd, 2008, 10:27 PM
I've noticed that "What will [active] do?" is actually more to the left than other battle messages. Where is the x position of the window containing this text?

Also, where does the day/night system access the system time? I want to set this to a variable so I can freely control time of day via events/progression in story.

Lastly how can I check the player's gender to create different dialogues? Specifically for referencing the player as he/she/boy/girl...

Once you get your head around it thing get easier. :D I'm loving this kit even more now!

At the beginning of the game, there is a pbChangePlayer(id) where the id is equal to 0 if the hero is a boy and 1 if it is a girl. U can do different messages for both sexes by using $PokemonGlobal.playerID.

For example :

Condition : if script : $PokemonGlobal.playerID==0
Boy Message: I would like a male nidoran.
else
Girl Message : I would like a female nidoran.
end

yaoimutt
May 23rd, 2008, 08:20 AM
Are there any advantages to using Map Connecting over creating a copy of part of a map and using normal player transfer to make the maps seem connected?
I'd assume there'd be more lag with Map Connecting than the other method, especially once you have many overworld areas.

Also has anyone else noticed (or believe to have noticed) that when adding Town Map locations, some of them disappear? Is there a limit to map points?

map connections are bette, and, you don't have to worry about the corner of the map, because now you can have the player move to more then just 2 map this way. :D

Yes I do, I tried it just now and no lag. :o Just will have to wait until I have like 7 maps linked up to see if it begins to lag I guess.

don't worry, there wont be, the system only uses the events on the map that you are on, the others arn't even being read, so they don't cause lag :3

when the player set their gender at the beginning (in the intro) set a condition switch to on (like if they are male, then no switch is turned on, but if they are female then switch 37:female is on. that's what i did)

imtheomega
May 23rd, 2008, 09:00 AM
when the player set their gender at the beginning (in the intro) set a condition switch to on (like if they are male, then no switch is turned on, but if they are female then switch 37:female is on. that's what i did)

Personnaly, I prefer when we dont have to set a switch, that's why i gave the $PokemonGlobal.playerID thing ;).

yaoimutt
May 23rd, 2008, 02:18 PM
Personnaly, I prefer when we dont have to set a switch, that's why i gave the $PokemonGlobal.playerID thing ;).

*turns invisible* ... *sidles away sheepishly*

Jirbytaylor
May 23rd, 2008, 02:28 PM
Thanks, it works. ^^

Ah that reminds me. There appear to be 4 possible Players according to the metadata. It's obvious the first are boy and girl, but is the third necessarily the rival? What about the fourth?
If I use yaoimutt's switch suggestion, could I use the next two Player entries as alternate outfits? As I said above, must the third be rival or not?

Atomic Reactor
May 23rd, 2008, 02:37 PM
the 4 trainer id things can be anything. you can make it so you have a choice of 4 guys.
it's anything you want

Jirbytaylor
May 23rd, 2008, 04:58 PM
Ah, cool.

My post: "Also has anyone else noticed (or believe to have noticed) that when adding Town Map locations, some of them disappear? Is there a limit to map points?"

The problem here was that I need to Compile Data after making the changes. ^^;

Now that that is out of the way... back to tedious spriting. D:

BTW: There was minor lag in one of my maps that was connected to three others, but I think it was more to do with it's length rather than the connection.

yaoimutt
May 23rd, 2008, 06:43 PM
How do you force a player to get on to the bike and also how do you force them to get off the bike? would i use the Kernel.pbCancelVehicles to get them off the bike?

ali madan
May 23rd, 2008, 09:17 PM
Hey guys, there's a proble in the editor:

Exception: NoMethodError
SpriteWindow:17:in `pbGetDecisionSE'
SpriteWindow:1477:in `update'
SpriteWindow:1665:in `update'
SpriteWindow:2408:in `update'
EditorMain:28:in `pbEditorMenu'
EditorMain:27:in `loop'
EditorMain:39:in `pbEditorMenu'
EditorMain:26:in `loop'
EditorMain:94:in `pbEditorMenu'
EditorMain:101

imtheomega
May 23rd, 2008, 09:23 PM
How do you force a player to get on to the bike and also how do you force them to get off the bike? would i use the Kernel.pbCancelVehicles to get them off the bike?

U can use the functions Kernel.pbMountBike and Kernel.pbDismountBike.

Jirbytaylor
May 23rd, 2008, 09:53 PM
How can I change the text/shadow colour in the scripts? I know it's easy enough with the stats and messages in PokeBattle_ActualScene because the RGB variables are specified there... but what about the Pokedex? Some the colour is not specified nor does it indicate anything like "normal_color" as with RMXP's default systems.
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/1776/issueqf4.jpg
As you can see some of the text is hard to read. This is why I want to change the colour. (I also want to do the same to the control specifications in the main part of the dex, I suspect it's using the same "text cloning" method used for most text...)

I'm also still awaiting an answer to my time/system clock question. :>

poccil
May 23rd, 2008, 10:13 PM
For all message boxes and command windows in the game system (which derive from Window_SimpleTextPokemon and Window_CommandPokemon), the text uses two colors: the base color and the shadow color). Examples of setting these colors:

window.baseColor=Color.new(96,96,96)
window.shadowColor=Color.new(192,192,192)

I don't know exactly what you mean by "text cloning", though.

Also, the game system uses the function pbSetDayNightTone (in PokemonUtilities) to set the screen's time of day. Specifically, it uses the hour and minute to calculate the appropriate color tone.

yaoimutt
May 23rd, 2008, 10:24 PM
U can use the functions Kernel.pbMountBike and Kernel.pbDismountBike.

thank you! that was all i wanted to know. :D

ali madan
May 23rd, 2008, 10:34 PM
And guys, there's another problem when any body wants to fight the player...

Exception: RuntimeError
Section067:352:in `initialize'Party 1 has no Pokemon.
Section019:238:in `pbExecuteScript'
Section089:414:in `new'
Section089:414:in `pbTrainerBattle'
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'
Section019:753:in `eval'
Section019:753:in `command_111'
Section019:292:in `execute_command'
Section019:190:in `update'
Section019:104:in `loop'

Interpreter:249:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:753:in `command_111'
Interpreter:292:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:190:in `update'
Interpreter:104:in `loop'
Interpreter:195:in `update'
Scene_Map:99:in `update'

Jirbytaylor
May 23rd, 2008, 11:14 PM
I don't know exactly what you mean by "text cloning", though.

For the "controls box" in the Pokedex screen, this line is used:
@sprites["infowindow"].text=_ISPRINTF("\bSEEN: {1:d}\r\nOWN: {2:d}\r\nZ: MENU\r\nF5: SEARCH",$Trainer.pokedexSeen,$Trainer.pokedexOwned)

I searched for "_ISPRINTF" to try and figure out how to change the colours, and I found this:
def _ISPRINTF(*arg)
string=MessageTypes.getFromMapHash(0,arg[0])
string=string.clone
for i in 1...arg.length
string.gsub!(/\{#{i}\:([^\}]+?)\}/){|m|
next sprintf("%"+$1,arg[i])
}
end
return string
end

I understood this as cloning the text and displaying the clone slightly off, to generate a shadow.

poccil
May 24th, 2008, 12:25 AM
Actually, that has a totally different purpose. The _ISPRINTF function is designed to replace the text given in the code with a localized (translated) version of the text. It also replaces the placeholders "{1}", "{2}", and so on, with variables given as extra parameters to that function.

To learn how to apply text colors, see my previous post.

AJ™
May 24th, 2008, 07:06 AM
Um. whenever i go from Map ID: 005, to Map ID: 006, it says it not possible and i need ID: 007.

Why? o-o

Hall Of Famer
May 24th, 2008, 08:59 AM
I have a request for the starterkit maker. I checked the moves from Pokemon D/P in Bulbapedia and they're really good. I don't know whether it's possible for you to add the new moves from Pokemon D/P to PBS system. Anyway, I'd appreciate it very much if you do add those moves.

yaoimutt
May 24th, 2008, 08:59 AM
And guys, there's another problem when any body wants to fight the player...

Section067:352:in `initialize'Party 1 has no Pokemon.
Section089:414:in `new'
Section089:414:in `pbTrainerBattle'
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'

it's saying that the player has no pokemon, and if it does have pokemon, check to see if the trainer your battling has pokemon, because it's one or the other :D

Um. whenever i go from Map ID: 005, to Map ID: 006, it says it not possible and i need ID: 007.

Why? o-o

hm.... did you get rid of the coding for all the maps in connections and replace it with the ones you want? becasue it seems to me that you are trying to walk onto a map that doesn't exist. though i could be wrong, can you post the error message?

AJ™
May 24th, 2008, 11:16 AM
it's saying that the player has no pokemon, and if it does have pokemon, check to see if the trainer your battling has pokemon, because it's one or the other :D

hm.... did you get rid of the coding for all the maps in connections and replace it with the ones you want? becasue it seems to me that you are trying to walk onto a map that doesn't exist. though i could be wrong, can you post the error message?

ohhh! i forgot about connections!
thank you!

Mike2494
May 24th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Hello. Well I have been using this great Starter Kit for some time now and I have some questions:
1. How can I make my character run?
2. Is it possible to make an event reappear after like 5 minutes, but only if something happened, like this:

You beat the pokemon or catch it: Pokemon disappears and comes back after 5 minutes
You flee, Pokemon stays there...

imtheomega
May 24th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Hello. Well I have been using this great Starter Kit for some time now and I have some questions:
1. How can I make my character run?
2. Is it possible to make an event reappear after like 5 minutes, but only if something happened, like this:

You beat the pokemon or catch it: Pokemon disappears and comes back after 5 minutes
You flee, Pokemon stays there...

1.Press shift and u will be able to run. U can also change the speed of the character during an event by using the script $game_player.move_speed ($game_player.move_speed=4.8 for example).

2. I think u can use time dependent events to make it come back every 5 minutes. Take a look at it in the notes.

.houndoomed
May 24th, 2008, 12:55 PM
I've got 2 problems. The first is that when you don't have the running shoes and you use the shift button, the player uses the running animation but has the same speed as walking.

The second is that when you go into the menu system and press shift, it shows the running animation. Anyone know how to fix these? I have a different animation for the walking and running charsets, if you were wondering.

imtheomega
May 24th, 2008, 01:31 PM
I've got 2 problems. The first is that when you don't have the running shoes and you use the shift button, the player uses the running animation but has the same speed as walking.

The second is that when you go into the menu system and press shift, it shows the running animation. Anyone know how to fix these? I have a different animation for the walking and running charsets, if you were wondering.

For the first one, replace the line 36 in Walk/Run
if meta[5] && meta[5]!="" && Input.press?(Input::A) && Input.dir4!=0
by
if meta[5] && meta[5]!="" && Input.press?(Input::A) && Input.dir4!=0 && $PokemonGlobal.runningShoes. It will solve your problem.

And for the second one, I dont understand why u have this bug... I dont have it... I must move to make the running animation appear. If i'm looking in the menu and that I press shift, it does nothing....

Jirbytaylor
May 24th, 2008, 05:34 PM
There is something really off about the music in the system, I think it's to do with the rewritten Audio.dll.

1. I ran from a town into a route which had long grass quite early (think Pallet Town), I entered a battle just as the music was fading in, and this caused the route music to play in battle. After the battle the music didn't play.
2. Sometimes MIDIs don't play certain instruments making the music sound really flat.
3. Sometimes the music cracks and pops.
4. Sometimes it plays twice at the same time causing it to echo.

I think the last three are probably hard to fix, the fixing the first one would be great.

Also where can I change the position of reflections?
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/7043/issuegb9.jpg
First arrow shows that when surfing the reflection looks odd, so I want to cut off and move up reflections.
Second arrow show that if the reflection is tall enough, the reflection appears on land. The reflection appears when I move forward a square, but it doesn't there.

I need to stop posting here because I feel naggy. ._.;

imtheomega
May 24th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Well, the problem is not the position of the relection itself, it is to make it end at the bank of the water... I've already reported this bug to Poccil 2 days ago, I hope he will have a solution.

.houndoomed
May 25th, 2008, 05:10 AM
For the first one, replace the line 36 in Walk/Run
if meta[5] && meta[5]!="" && Input.press?(Input::A) && Input.dir4!=0
by
if meta[5] && meta[5]!="" && Input.press?(Input::A) && Input.dir4!=0 && $PokemonGlobal.runningShoes. It will solve your problem.

And for the second one, I dont understand why u have this bug... I dont have it... I must move to make the running animation appear. If i'm looking in the menu and that I press shift, it does nothing....

Thank you, works perfectly :)
It should fix the 2nd problem as well.

AJ™
May 25th, 2008, 06:29 AM
I think to fix the water thing, you'd have to change the Grass terrain tag, wouldn't you?

Mike2494
May 25th, 2008, 06:52 AM
Well, you could make the tile, where the water touches the land make the terrain tag 1 and therefore nothing would be reflecting there.

victorspvl
May 25th, 2008, 07:41 AM
i have 2 questions: Please anybody answer!!!

How do i make a trainer with a shiny Pokémon???

And how i create new atacks, and HMs(like whirpool from G/S/C)???

PLEASE ANSWER
I need much this!

Hall Of Famer
May 25th, 2008, 08:41 AM
I have a question to ask... How can I set a shiny wild Pokemon battle like that Red Gyarados of Pokemon G/S/C? I followed the instruction " create a new script section that contains the following", but there's always error occurred.
Events.onWildPokemonCreate+=proc {|sender,e|
pokemon=e[0]
if $game_switches[50]
pokemon.makeShiny
end
}I added the script to the script editor for once and even add it directly to the wild battle event, but it failed for both times. What can I do to enable the shiny wild Pokemon battle? Besides, the starterkit I'm currently using is still the Feb, 19th version, so is it impossible to use the shiny Pokemon event if I use this version? I'd appreciate it very much if you can help.

yaoimutt
May 25th, 2008, 09:50 AM
i have 2 questions: Please anybody answer!!!

How do i make a trainer with a shiny Pokémon???

And how i create new atacks, and HMs(like whirpool from G/S/C)???

PLEASE ANSWER
I need much this!

for the new attacks, they are referred to as "moves" in the note file, (which for some reason only half explains how to add a new move, so most people assume that it takes some knowledge of ruby, when it doesn't)

Now, go to the pbs folder, click on moves, when it opens, go to the bottom of the page, and add a new line. (i always copy a move that does something similar to what i want the move to do, then edit it so that it is exactly like i want it)

there is a code that you will need to give it on line four, this page: http://upokecenter.com/games/rs/guides/attacks.html tells you what the hexal codes do.

i also want to point out that all of this is on page 81, which is only 2 pages ahead of this one, so next time please search first.

and sorry, but i don't think that HM's are editable. Sorry :(

I have a question to ask... How can I set a shiny wild Pokemon battle like that Red Gyarados of Pokemon G/S/C? I followed the instruction " create a new script section that contains the following", but there's always error occurred.
Events.onWildPokemonCreate+=proc {|sender,e|
pokemon=e[0]
if $game_switches[50]
pokemon.makeShiny
end
}I added the script to the script editor for once and even add it directly to the wild battle event, but it failed for both times. What can I do to enable the shiny wild Pokemon battle? Besides, the starterkit I'm currently using is still the Feb, 19th version, so is it impossible to use the shiny Pokemon event if I use this version? I'd appreciate it very much if you can help.

lol, i did that too. :D nice to know i'm not the only one that sometimes doesn't read the whole thing. :3, i usually only read the first part then ask people questions. T-T (sorry for those of you that have had to answer my many thousands of questions.

ok, put that parte in to the scripts, and put this part:

Control Switches: [0050: Shiny] = ON
Script: pbWildBattle(::PBSpecies::GYARADOS,30,1)
Control Switches: [0050: Shiny] = OFF

in an event for the garadose thing, .

AJ™
May 25th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Uh.
When i lose a battle,
it sends me to Map025,
how to i change it?

imtheomega
May 25th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Uh.
When i lose a battle,
it sends me to Map025,
how to i change it?

U have to use the script : Kernel.pbSetPokemonCenter when u enter a pokemon center. That will put that pokemon center as a respawn point.

U could search in the topic, it has been explained previously :

That part of the script is not ready yet, actually.

Now, I have seen some people use the Healing Spot metadata setting other than intended; namely to say that a map has a Pokemon Center, rather than to say where the entrance to a Pokemon Center's map is. I have updated the description of the Healing Spot setting accordingly:

HealingSpot: If this setting is present, this map is a healing spot (such as a Pokemon Center), and this setting indicates this healing spot's entrance. This setting consists of three numbers, separated by
commas, that indicate the map ID and the X and Y coordinates of the entrance. When this map is entered, the location that the player goes with Teleport will be set to the point identified by this setting. This setting is not to be confused with the point that the player goes after he or she loses a battle; that point is set using a Script event command consisting of the text "pbSetPokemonCenter" (which sets it to the player's current location; see also "Home").

AJ™
May 25th, 2008, 02:42 PM
I did a search but nothing came up.

That doesn't make sense to me though.

Edit: Figured it out :) thanks.

NEW QUESTION: how come i can use my mach bike in Map: 004,
(Which happens to be indoors, and apparently, it changes from day to night?)
but not anywhere else?

yaoimutt
May 25th, 2008, 04:08 PM
I did a search but nothing came up.

That doesn't make sense to me though.

Edit: Figured it out :) thanks.

NEW QUESTION: how come i can use my mach bike in Map: 004,
(Which happens to be indoors, and apparently, it changes from day to night?)
but not anywhere else?

that is stated in the note.html file (which you should read before posting here)

there is a statment in the meta file (which is in the pbs folder) that says weather or not a map can have the bike in it.

AJ™
May 25th, 2008, 04:14 PM
D:
the notes are so confusing...

yaoimutt
May 25th, 2008, 04:33 PM
D:
the notes are so confusing...

what's so confusing about it? where do you need help?

AJ™
May 25th, 2008, 04:38 PM
I actually found it when you said meta,
but some of the things in the notes aren't explained well.

And if someone picks a girl at start.
Its a boy in battle...
why?!

Jirbytaylor
May 25th, 2008, 06:32 PM
I actually found it when you said meta,
but some of the things in the notes aren't explained well.

And if someone picks a girl at start.
Its a boy in battle...
why?!

Check the trback001 file, you'll need to edit that to be of your female character.

AJ™
May 25th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Yeah.
but then when people pick they guy, it'd be a girl.

Jirbytaylor
May 25th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Yeah.
but then when people pick they guy, it'd be a girl.

Nonono... trback000 is the guy.

EDIT:
Okay, the battle backgrounds 0-9 are controlled by terrain and the Outside metadata, but what about backs 10-14? These would be useful to access as not all inside-building battles have the same background. Going through the Elite Four easily shows this. How do you change a map, or a specific battles' background/terrain/whatever?

Also how do you specify what gender a trainer's Pokemon is? If you have two instances of your rival you can't have one where their Pokemon changes gender. so you need to be able to make sure that the gender is preset so two trainers' Pokemon are reinforced as being the "same one".

Minorthreat0987
May 25th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Does anyone know where the script that controls the box that shows the map name as you are transfered to a new map is located, if you could please let me know that would be greatly appriciated.

.:EDIT:.
Okay so I found the answer to my first question, its line 814 for anyone who would like to know.

No I have two more small questions

1. Does anyone know how to make a window have a specific windowskin no matter what the player has selected in the Options menu?

2. And also does anyone know how to center/move the text, not the window, that is called using this script function

def initialize(name)
@window=Window_SimpleTextPokemon.new(name)
@window.width=248
[email protected](name,Graphics.width)
@window.x=4
@window.y=[email protected]
@window.z=99999
@currentmap=$game_map.map_id
@frames=0
Thanks
Minorthreat

poccil
May 25th, 2008, 11:29 PM
To answer your second question, use this code to initialize the window (though I don't know whether it will work in the version you have:

@window=Window_AdvancedTextPokemon.new("<ac>"+name)

The class Window_AdvancedTextPokemon accepts a variety of formatting for the text. Details can be found in the script section DrawText.

To change the windowskin, use code like the following:

@window.windowskin=RPG::Cache.windowskin("mywindowskin.png")

The battle background is chosen in the method "pbBackdrop" in the script section PokeBattle_ActualScene. The local variable "id" stores the ID of the background to use.

AJ™
May 26th, 2008, 06:45 AM
So...
How do i make a girl trainerback, and a guy trainerback both work.
cause right now, the girl trainer, has a guy trainerback.

Minorthreat0987
May 26th, 2008, 07:09 AM
One last question how do I alter the final y position of the location box that shows up, without altering the speed at which it moves.

Thank you
Minorthreat

Also Poccil I don't know if you already know or not, but the audio playing system in the kit it real screwy, it only plays parts of MIDIs and it sometimes cuts out when you transfer to a map that has different music than the previous map.

Hall Of Famer
May 26th, 2008, 11:50 AM
lol, i did that too. :D nice to know i'm not the only one that sometimes doesn't read the whole thing. :3, i usually only read the first part then ask people questions. T-T (sorry for those of you that have had to answer my many thousands of questions.

ok, put that parte in to the scripts, and put this part:

Control Switches: [0050: Shiny] = ON
Script: pbWildBattle(::PBSpecies::GYARADOS,30,1)
Control Switches: [0050: Shiny] = OFF

in an event for the garadose thing, .

I'm sorry it doesn't work out for me. I got this error when placing the codes you provide above:
Exception: SyntaxError
(eval):2: syntax error
{|sender,e|
^
(eval):7: syntax error
Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1614:in `eval'
Interpreter:1614:in `command_355'
Interpreter:466:in `execute_command'
Scene_Map:98:in `update'
Scene_Map:96:in `loop'

yaoimutt
May 26th, 2008, 11:57 AM
So...
How do i make a girl trainerback, and a guy trainerback both work.
cause right now, the girl trainer, has a guy trainerback.

... dude, Jirbytaylor already answered this for you. EDIT THE trback001. it will not change the boy graphic. the boy graphic is trback000. they just look exactly alike.

I'm sorry it doesn't work out for me. I got this error when placing the codes you provide above:
Exception: SyntaxError
{|sender,e|
^
(eval):7: syntax error
Interpreter:1614:in `eval'

o.0 your right, i could have sworn it worked before.

AJ™
May 26th, 2008, 02:51 PM
OH!
I understand now,
i didn't realize there were 2 trbacks :p

Jirbytaylor
May 27th, 2008, 12:43 AM
I'm trying to get my game to start in a map so I can event an opening.
I've achieved that, but I get an error when starting a new game:
PokemonMessages:21:in `updatemini'
PokemonMessages:67:in `pbUpdateSceneMap'
PokemonMessages:886:in `pbDisplayMessageFancy'
PokemonMessages:587:in `pbMessage'
PokemonMessages:278:in `command_101'
Interpreter:276:in `execute_command'

My "Main":
def pbCallTitle
return Scene_Intro.new('Pic_2')
end

def mainFunction
return pbCriticalCode {
Graphics.frame_count = 0
$game_system=Game_System.new
$game_temp = Game_Temp.new
$game_switches = Game_Switches.new
$game_variables = Game_Variables.new
$game_self_switches = Game_SelfSwitches.new
$game_screen = Game_Screen.new
$game_player = Game_Player.new
$ItemData=readItemList("Data/items.dat")
$PokemonMap=PokemonMapMetadata.new
$PokemonGlobal=PokemonGlobalMetadata.new
$PokemonStorage=PokemonStorage.new
$PokemonEncounters=PokemonEncounters.new
$data_common_events = load_data("Data/CommonEvents.rxdata")
$data_tilesets = load_data("Data/Tilesets.rxdata")
$data_animations = load_data("Data/Animations.rxdata")
$data_system = load_data("Data/System.rxdata")
$MapFactory=PokemonMapFactory.new(5)
$game_player.moveto(0, 0)
setScreenBorderName("border.png")
Graphics.update
Graphics.freeze
# Refresh player
$game_player.refresh
# Run automatic change for BGM and BGS set with map
$game_map.autoplay
# Update map (run parallel process event)
$game_map.update
$scene = Scene_Map.new
#$scene = pbCallTitle
while $scene != nil
$scene.main
end
Graphics.transition(20)

}
end

loop do
retval=mainFunction
if retval==0 # failed
loop do
Graphics.update
end
elsif retval==1 # ended successfully
break
end
end

How I "start" the game after the title:
@> Script:
Audio.bgm_stop
sscene=PokemonLoadScene.new
sscreen=PokemonLoad.new(sscene)
sscreen.pbStartLoadScreen

I only get this error when starting a new game, but when selecting continue the map just "appears" rather than the normal fade in before I altered the Main script. :/

Youji
May 27th, 2008, 03:27 AM
I have a question. Especially to Wichu and/or poccil or anyone wlse who knows much about the scripts of Essentials.

I set that it only resizes sprites bigger than 160x160. Now the Pokémon are not the problem but the trainers. I wanted to know if it is possible to set the y-value of a trainer's position like the y-value of a Pokémon's position? Because the trainers are in the stausbar of my Pokés and i want them to be on the enemy base. I also checked if the sprites would be too big anyways but they would actually fit if I could set the y-value of the trainers.

Thx.

poccil
May 27th, 2008, 03:45 AM
The problem was that the game tried to load a scene in the middle of another scene. To help fix the problem somewhat, add this after line 42 of the script section Scene_Map (the one that reads "def updateSpritesets"):

@spritesets={} if !@spritesets

However, the first text message in the intro event (after selecting "New Game") may strangely repeat. This is because the game creates a new map interpreter and the intro event is still run in the old map interpreter. To prevent this, make sure the following script is the last event command in the event.

@main=false
self.setup(nil,0)

Jirbytaylor
May 27th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Ah thanks! It works now.

Man so much editing, not much of it can be put in an Edits page without copying a lot... I hope the next release isn't to hard to find and replace the fixes. o_o;

EDIT: Poccil do you think you could maybe post the fix for being able to select empty slots in party menu in battle? Or even specify what definitions you've edited in the next release so it's easier for people like me who add random edits everywhere... <D
BTW are you going to add ball effects sometime? e.g Pokeball has white/orange confetti things, Master Ball has stars...

Trace
May 28th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Does anyone have a sample Gym Leader event that works and I may modify? I can't seem to get it right.

Youji
May 29th, 2008, 02:19 AM
Does anyone have a sample Gym Leader event that works and I may modify? I can't seem to get it right.

There is one in the notes.html

I quote it for you:

Text: I challenge you!
Conditional Branch: Script: pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::LEADER_Roxanne,"Roxanne",_I("Excellent. You have earned the Stone Badge."))
-- here you can add event commands to be run when the player wins, but this is not necessary
Script: [[Badges|$Trainer.badges[0]=true]]
Text: \PN received the Stone Badge!
Text: The Stone Badge proves you can succeed in the Pokemon League.
Control Self Switch: A =ON
Branch End

Vampire://Krimm
May 29th, 2008, 02:39 AM
Hey, the Starter Kit is amazing and saved endless amounts of time, however I have a quick question:

I understand the use of terrain tags however no matter what I do for some reason what the tag is supposed to do does nothing in the game, such as the water reflections, the footprints in the sand, etc.

Any help? o.o

yaoimutt
May 29th, 2008, 03:24 AM
Hey, the Starter Kit is amazing and saved endless amounts of time, however I have a quick question:

I understand the use of terrain tags however no matter what I do for some reason what the tag is supposed to do does nothing in the game, such as the water reflections, the footprints in the sand, etc.

Any help? o.o

only the flat water reflects (meaning not the animated stuff), and there is lots of stuff that looks like sand, but is not (also, the water only reflects if your north of it, so make sure you check that as well)

if possible, post a screen shot of what type of water and sand you are trying to get these effects on. check to make sure they are the right terrain tags (i know your post says you already know this, but i sometimes mark the wrong terrain, so it's possible that you might do the same thing.)

Trace
May 29th, 2008, 08:10 AM
There is one in the notes.html

I quote it for you:
Well, I've read that through many times, so I just deleted a few parts of the script, and it works! Thanks much!

May 29th, 2008, 02:01 PM
only the flat water reflects (meaning not the animated stuff), and there is lots of stuff that looks like sand, but is not (also, the water only reflects if your north of it, so make sure you check that as well)

if possible, post a screen shot of what type of water and sand you are trying to get these effects on. check to make sure they are the right terrain tags (i know your post says you already know this, but i sometimes mark the wrong terrain, so it's possible that you might do the same thing.)

Alright, here's what you asked for. Basically, the sand won't work on either the beach sand or the pathway sand. And for the reflection, it is only on the still water however still doesn't reflect.

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/3048/helpkp8.png

and I noticed maybe that the bottom part of the wooden bridge might mess up the reflection, but it doesn't work anywhere xP

yaoimutt
May 29th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Alright, here's what you asked for. Basically, the sand won't work on either the beach sand or the pathway sand. And for the reflection, it is only on the still water however still doesn't reflect.

and I noticed maybe that the bottom part of the wooden bridge might mess up the reflection, but it doesn't work anywhere xP

for the water thing, i see the problem, the 2 water tiles you have shown, one is marked 0 (which is the animated one, it should be marked 7 so that it actually gets to be water) and the other is marked 7 (which is the flat one, it should be marked 6 to get reflections)

as for the sand, if you are using the sand in the top row, then it's because it is marked as 0. change it to 3

and lastly, nice sign, i take it you are making your own tileset? and also, where on earth did you get the ash sprite? O.o i've been searching and can't find one. i've resulted to spriting my own stuff now (i have already sprited a team rocket, but i used the colors of the ones in pokemon orange)

rubyrulez
May 29th, 2008, 06:17 PM
I've got an interesting question. I'd like to deactivate skipped gym trainers after the gym leader is defeated. I've tried setting them to a switch, "DefeatedLeader01" to no avail. How would I do this?

yaoimutt
May 29th, 2008, 07:19 PM
I've got an interesting question. I'd like to deactivate skipped gym trainers after the gym leader is defeated. I've tried setting them to a switch, "DefeatedLeader01" to no avail. How would I do this?

what do you mean by deactivate the skipped gym leader?

rubyrulez
May 29th, 2008, 07:32 PM
what do you mean by deactivate the skipped gym leader?
I meant to deactivate the gyms trainers. Normally, if you skip the trainers in a gym and beat the gym leader, then you don't have to battle the trainers.

Hikari Swordsman
May 29th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Herhm...I'm sorry, but I don't know this: how could you change the sprite from the male and female trainers.

I'm sorry if it doesn't sound nice...

yaoimutt
May 29th, 2008, 07:56 PM
I meant to deactivate the gyms trainers. Normally, if you skip the trainers in a gym and beat the gym leader, then you don't have to battle the trainers.

well, the switch thing should work, did you remember to set the switch to on at the end of the battle?

yaoimutt
May 29th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Now for my own question, how do you set weather a tree is high density or low density?

rubyrulez
May 29th, 2008, 08:19 PM
well, the switch thing should work, did you remember to set the switch to on at the end of the battle?
Yes, I have set the switch to on, and it still does not work.

yaoimutt
May 29th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Yes, I have set the switch to on, and it still does not work.

do you think you could screenshot the gym leader event and the battlers events (the pages where the switch is set)

imtheomega
May 29th, 2008, 10:28 PM

Well, are u sure u have made the part with the still water with one of the autotiles? There is still water inside the tilsets. U have to check if it has a number of tag of 6 or 7.

poccil
May 30th, 2008, 12:23 AM
That is simply because I have not implemented footprints in the sand. However, that is easy to implement. Look for the function "pbFieldMovementOnStepTaken" in the script section PokemonField. I would have implemented it, it's just that I don't have any sand footprint animations available.

Also, I have fixed a bug where surfing can end in the middle of a map. That's because the terrain tag was determined for the wrong tile. Replace "getFacingTile" method in the script section PokemonMap with the following;

def getFacingTile(direction=nil)
x=$game_player.x
y=$game_player.y
id=$game_map.map_id
direction=$game_player.direction if direction==nil
case direction
when 2
y+=1
when 4
x-=1
when 6
x+=1
when 8
y-=1
else
return [$game_map.map_id,x,y]
end
if $game_map.valid?(x,y)
end
conns=MapFactoryHelper.getMapConnections
for conn in conns
if conn[0]==id
newX=(x+conn[4]-conn[1])
newY=(y+conn[5]-conn[2])
next if newX<0 || newY<0
dims=MapFactoryHelper.getMapDims(conn[3])
next if x>=dims[0] || y>=dims[1]
return [conn[3],newX,newY]
elsif conn[3]==id
newX=(x+conn[1]-conn[4])
newY=(y+conn[2]-conn[5])
next if newX<0 || newY<0
dims=MapFactoryHelper.getMapDims(conn[0])
next if newX>=dims[0] || newY>=dims[1]
return [conn[0],newX,newY]
end
end
return nil
end

ali madan
May 30th, 2008, 12:37 AM
Hey guys, I need help please. I Need a sprite of the the trainerback for poccils starter kit. ( I need this trainerback)

http://i29.tinypic.com/291g8xt.png

And I need the diving charset too...

Dolev12
May 30th, 2008, 02:22 AM
hi,im use the pokestarter a while...
how can I change the teleport?(I mean like Abra's teleport)
I want that the teleport send me to the closest pokemons center,not to the testing map.
oh,and how can I make that when you used fly it take you to the pokecenter of the city you've choose(the map.html didnt do anything,I can't press ok or wach the map after I've change her)

May 30th, 2008, 02:28 AM
for the water thing, i see the problem, the 2 water tiles you have shown, one is marked 0 (which is the animated one, it should be marked 7 so that it actually gets to be water) and the other is marked 7 (which is the flat one, it should be marked 6 to get reflections)

as for the sand, if you are using the sand in the top row, then it's because it is marked as 0. change it to 3

and lastly, nice sign, i take it you are making your own tileset? and also, where on earth did you get the ash sprite? O.o i've been searching and can't find one. i've resulted to spriting my own stuff now (i have already sprited a team rocket, but i used the colors of the ones in pokemon orange)

Heh, thanks. I'll see what I can do ^_^

And thanks again. The signs are actually credited to Kyledove's Sinnoh Tileset, which are purely amazing. A few tiles of mine or custom, but those belong to him. As for the Overworld, it's not Ash, just regularly a new Character XD Not sure who sprited but the guy it was made for is letting me use it.

yaoimutt
May 30th, 2008, 03:34 AM
That is simply because I have not implemented footprints in the sand. However, that is easy to implement. Look for the function "pbFieldMovementOnStepTaken" in the script section PokemonField. I would have implemented it, it's just that I don't have any sand footprint animations available.

Also, I have fixed a bug where surfing can end in the middle of a map. That's because the terrain tag was determined for the wrong tile. Replace "getFacingTile" method in the script section PokemonMap with the following;

x=$game_player.x
y=$game_player.y
id=$game_map.map_id
case direction
when 2
y+=1
when 4
x-=1
when 6
x+=1
when 8
y-=1
else
end
if $game_map.valid?(x,y)
end
for conn in conns
if conn[0]==id
newX=(x+conn[4]-conn[1])
newY=(y+conn[5]-conn[2])
next if newX<0 || newY<0
elsif conn[3]==id
newX=(x+conn[1]-conn[4])
newY=(y+conn[2]-conn[5])
next if newX<0 || newY<0
end
end
return nil
end

would you like for me to rip the foot print animations for you?

Heh, thanks. I'll see what I can do ^_^

And thanks again. The signs are actually credited to Kyledove's Sinnoh Tileset, which are purely amazing. A few tiles of mine or custom, but those belong to him. As for the Overworld, it's not Ash, just regularly a new Character XD Not sure who sprited but the guy it was made for is letting me use it.

oh, lol, i thought it was ash, looks kind of like him. :3. and cool, i didn't even know there was a sinnnoh tileset (o.0 that would be hard to make, because sinnoh was in 3d. o.o) do you have a link to the page with the tileset?

hi,im use the pokestarter a while...
how can I change the teleport?(I mean like Abra's teleport)
I want that the teleport send me to the closest pokemons center,not to the testing map.
oh,and how can I make that when you used fly it take you to the pokecenter of the city you've choose(the map.html didnt do anything,I can't press ok or wach the map after I've change her)

the teleport thing is in the note.html file, as for the fly thing, i have no idea. o.0

Hey guys, I need help please. I Need a sprite of the the trainerback for poccils starter kit. ( I need this trainerback)

http://i29.tinypic.com/291g8xt.png

And I need the diving charset too...

try to look in the reasourses part of the forum. it might be there, and just so you know next time, you're not supposed to ask for people to make stuff for you here. but if you post a toppic asking, usually people will pop up and help you. :D but sense i'm so nice, i'll give you a link to a site with the graphics:

go here: http://www.spriters-resource.com/nintendo/pokemon/customs/display.php?file=dp_gschero.png

Wichu
May 30th, 2008, 04:10 AM
oh, lol, i thought it was ash, looks kind of like him. :3. and cool, i didn't even know there was a sinnnoh tileset (o.0 that would be hard to make, because sinnoh was in 3d. o.o) do you have a link to the page with the tileset?

Here's the post: Kyledove's Sinnoh Tileset (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=3544014&postcount=40). You'll have to do a bit of copy and pasting to put it together in RMXP's format, though.

Youji
May 30th, 2008, 04:20 AM
With the GYM Leader thing, you have to add the switch to all Trainers and have to add a new page to them where Switch:Leader01defeated = On and have to add the sprite to this event page again and maybe a text what they're saying when pressing the "A" (Enter)-Button.

rubyrulez
May 30th, 2008, 06:25 AM
With the GYM Leader thing, you have to add the switch to all Trainers and have to add a new page to them where Switch:Leader01defeated = On and have to add the sprite to this event page again and maybe a text what they're saying when pressing the "A" (Enter)-Button.
Thanks so much for your help, I've fixed the problem.

poccil, you've made an excellent starter kit.

yaoimutt
May 30th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Here's the post: Kyledove's Sinnoh Tileset (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=3544014&postcount=40). You'll have to do a bit of copy and pasting to put it together in RMXP's format, though.

cool, thanks, :D i really appreciates it!

Jirbytaylor
May 30th, 2008, 04:47 PM
EDIT: Poccil do you think you could maybe post the fix for being able to select empty slots in party menu in battle? Or even specify what definitions you've edited in the next release so it's easier for people like me who add random edits everywhere... <D
BTW are you going to add ball effects sometime? e.g Pokeball has white/orange confetti things, Master Ball has stars...

Quote'd to repost.

Also to rephrase my earlier question about time of day.
How does the system access Windows (XP/VX)'s time? How can I make it instead access a variable, so I can use that variable to control time of day through events?

Exiled~Shadow
May 30th, 2008, 10:55 PM
hi guyz, iv'e been using the starter kit but when i do the playtest i get this error:
Pokemon Essentials

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

and when i try to use the editor i get this error:

Pokemon Essentials

OK

could u please tel me how to fix this.... i deleted all ur maps accept the intro so that could be it..... plz help!!!!

:'(:'(:'(

Wichu
May 31st, 2008, 01:07 AM
JT: Try this script (insert in a new script section above Main):class Time
def hour
return $game_variables[30]%24 #Replace 30 with the variable number
end
end
I'm not sure if it will work, but give it a go. Keep in mind this will only work for scripts using Time#hour, for example the Day/Night script. But you should be able to add to it if you need to.

JJM: Just delete everything in the file PBS/Encounters.txt.

Exiled~Shadow
May 31st, 2008, 03:30 AM
Thanks but it still didn't fix the editor...

P.S. can some1 make me a script so i can take photos in my game and then they can be published in a newspaper, witch gets deliverd to your house daily!

~EDIT~

OMG 1 ERROR AFTER ANOTHER!!! now i get this error after i teleport from the intro...

Pokemon Essentials
Exception: Errno::ENOENT

Game_Map*:52:in `load_data'

Game_Map*:52:in `setup'

PokemonMap:710:in `getMap'

PokemonMap:837:in `setMapsInRange'

PokemonMap:831:in `each'

PokemonMap:831:in `setMapsInRange'

Resolution*:17:in `display_x='

Resolution*:9:in `center'

Game_Player*:410:in `moveto'

Scene_Map:216:in `transfer_player'

OK

Wichu
May 31st, 2008, 05:31 AM
Edit the intro event. It's in the top left corner of Map001.

tokinini
May 31st, 2008, 05:52 AM
How do you edit the text in the battle system?

Wichu
May 31st, 2008, 06:12 AM
In the script sections starting with PokeBattle. General text is found in PokeBattle_Battle and PokeBattle_ActualScene, while move-specific text is found in PokeBattle_MoveEffects. Use the search function (press CTRL+F).

Dolev12
May 31st, 2008, 07:47 AM
the teleport thing is in the note.html file, as for the fly thing, i have no idea. o.0
But the teleport has the same problem like with the fly,im need to do the same thing to fix it,but I can't(I says why in my other post)

DamianLeonhart
May 31st, 2008, 01:59 PM

x=$game_player.x
y=$game_player.y
id=$game_map.map_id
case direction
when 2
y+=1
when 4
x-=1
when 6
x+=1
when 8
y-=1
else
end
if $game_map.valid?(x,y)
end
for conn in conns
if conn[0]==id
newX=(x+conn[4]-conn[1])
newY=(y+conn[5]-conn[2])
next if newX<0 || newY<0
elsif conn[3]==id
newX=(x+conn[1]-conn[4])
newY=(y+conn[2]-conn[5])
next if newX<0 || newY<0
end
end
return nil
end

I had some unique results with this script. It did not work for me going from left to right. But if i was on the right map it let me go left but once i got beyond the point where I could not see the map on the right it was gone when I tried going back.

yaoimutt
May 31st, 2008, 05:51 PM
hi guyz, iv'e been using the starter kit but when i do the playtest i get this error:
Pokemon Essentials

OK

and when i try to use the editor i get this error:

Pokemon Essentials

OK

could u please tel me how to fix this.... i deleted all ur maps accept the intro so that could be it..... plz help!!!!

:'(:'(:'(

for the first problem, edit the encounter.txt file, because you are walking around on a map that has a cave function in it, and you have no pokemon, the cave function is making you get into pokemon battles, and not having any pokemon while getting into battles is what is causing your problem.

Thanks but it still didn't fix the editor...

P.S. can some1 make me a script so i can take photos in my game and then they can be published in a newspaper, witch gets deliverd to your house daily!

~EDIT~

OMG 1 ERROR AFTER ANOTHER!!! now i get this error after i teleport from the intro...

Pokemon Essentials
Exception: Errno::ENOENT

Game_Map*:52:in `load_data'

Game_Map*:52:in `setup'

PokemonMap:710:in `getMap'

PokemonMap:837:in `setMapsInRange'

PokemonMap:831:in `each'

PokemonMap:831:in `setMapsInRange'

Resolution*:17:in `display_x='

Resolution*:9:in `center'

Game_Player*:410:in `moveto'

Scene_Map:216:in `transfer_player'

OK

firstly, please don't ask for custom scripts, and secondly, O.0 why do you want to put a picture in the newspaper of your game, you know that cost money right?

and lastly/thirdly, edited the "connections.txt" file. the error is saying that you have a connection from one map to another and yet one of those maps don't exist.

Guardian1239
May 31st, 2008, 06:14 PM
I've been working on my game for a couple of days, and everything was working good. Then, after I changed a the Pokemon file and added the events to give the player the starter Pokemon, I got an error when I tried playing the game I was working on:
File PBS/pokemon.txt, section 4, key Moves
2,TACKLE,3,CHARM,6,TAILWHIP,10,BUBBLE,15,SLAM,21,WATERGUN

Compiler:173:in `csvPosInt!'
Compiler:2180:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
Compiler:2165:in `each'
Compiler:2165:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
Compiler:2163:in `loop'
Compiler:2237:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
Compiler:2152:in `each'
Compiler:2152:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
Compiler:2151:in `each'
Compiler:2151:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
Exception: Errno::ENOENTSo I looked at the file and it seemed OK. I closed it and tried again, but got this:
SpriteWindow:585:in `load_data'
SpriteWindow:585:in `pbRgssOpen'
Compiler:309:in `readItemList'
PokemonLoad:240:in `pbStartLoadScreen'
PokemonLoad:228:in `loop'
PokemonLoad:300:in `pbStartLoadScreen'
Scene_Intro:133:in `to_title_update'
Scene_Intro:62:in `main'
Main:33:in `mainFunction'
Main:22:in `pbCriticalCode'I checked to make sure the file Data/items.dat is still there, and everything seems in order. Any idea what's wrong?

Glitchfinder
May 31st, 2008, 06:33 PM
Well, I just downloaded the latest version, because I wanted to see the new changes. I found out that everything looked OK, and was better than expected. I realized that the program was running exceptionally slow for the map I was on, and decided to take a look at the scripts. All I can say it, you need to fix them, Poccil.

The scripts for Pokemon Essentials are, in total, the biggest mess I have ever seen. Not only is everything disorganized, uncommented, and abbreviated, the scripts are so tangled that the processor is jumping from script to script like a hot potato from hand to hand. My recommendation is to start up a new project, and rework the scripts from scratch, using the current ones as an idea, but not as a base. Not only that, but I'm almost certain that contained within is also a rat's warren of now defunct, unused scripting that should be removed.

Yes, the scripts work, but they are nowhere near perfect. The jumping from place to place slows down a processor like a map full of events, (including on a half-a-year-old machine), and the lack of comments or intelligible command names creates a daunting task for editors, even for you to edit, Poccil. (Yes, I can tell what most of the commands are, but they could do without the constant prefix "PB" and the unnecessary names) Overall, I thing that although the scripting is functional, it needs a lot of work.

I don't mean to be harsh, but I'm just pointing out that these scripts create obvious porblems. They slow down computers, they're half-legible, and they make no sense in their structure or format.

Also, i finally found the clock script that was one of the reasons I downloaded the game. Is it OK if I take an edited version of that script and use it (with credit) in a kit I'm making? (If you need to know what I'm doing with it, just PM me, Poccil)

As always, thanks for the great kit. I'm just saying that it could be a better, faster kit.

yaoimutt
May 31st, 2008, 06:52 PM
Well, I just downloaded the latest version, because I wanted to see the new changes. I found out that everything looked OK, and was better than expected. I realized that the program was running exceptionally slow for the map I was on, and decided to take a look at the scripts. All I can say it, you need to fix them, Poccil.

The scripts for Pokemon Essentials are, in total, the biggest mess I have ever seen. Not only is everything disorganized, uncommented, and abbreviated, the scripts are so tangled that the processor is jumping from script to script like a hot potato from hand to hand. My recommendation is to start up a new project, and rework the scripts from scratch, using the current ones as an idea, but not as a base. Not only that, but I'm almost certain that contained within is also a rat's warren of now defunct, unused scripting that should be removed.

Yes, the scripts work, but they are nowhere near perfect. The jumping from place to place slows down a processor like a map full of events, (including on a half-a-year-old machine), and the lack of comments or intelligible command names creates a daunting task for editors, even for you to edit, Poccil. (Yes, I can tell what most of the commands are, but they could do without the constant prefix "PB" and the unnecessary names) Overall, I thing that although the scripting is functional, it needs a lot of work.

I don't mean to be harsh, but I'm just pointing out that these scripts create obvious porblems. They slow down computers, they're half-legible, and they make no sense in their structure or format.

Also, i finally found the clock script that was one of the reasons I downloaded the game. Is it OK if I take an edited version of that script and use it (with credit) in a kit I'm making? (If you need to know what I'm doing with it, just PM me, Poccil)

As always, thanks for the great kit. I'm just saying that it could be a better, faster kit.

i have a 3 and a half year old pc, and the starter kit doesn't run slow on it. o.0

Guardian1239
May 31st, 2008, 07:11 PM
You can dismiss my problem. I had to change a few things within the files and I had an extra "," in the Pokemon file.

Jirbytaylor
May 31st, 2008, 08:43 PM
@Glitchfinder: I don't find the system to run slow at all, only on a large map (100+ tiles).
But I do agree the scripts are a horrible mess. It's no wonder I can't find things in them and have to ask here. Organising the images to places more than just the Pictures/ folder is a good idea too.
In addition, several Picture/ files are not used at all.
If you sort out these two problems, I'm sure both the professionals and RM-newbs will be happy. As well as the professionals trying to push through the newbs to get their complex and non-simple questions through. [/end RM-newb-idiocy rant]

I now have a problem. In my other RMXP projects, I can create translucent water just fine. Not so with this kit:
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/2774/weirdwaterac3.png
Top is in game, bottom is in editor. I don't know what you did, but semi transparency seems to get laid over a lot until it's opaque again. At least, that's what I expect is happening.

On a good note, thanks Poccil and Wichu for the help. Now specific time-of-day scenes and Fable-like bed-time-change-system shall be gett-n~

Exiled~Shadow
June 1st, 2008, 12:02 AM
for the first problem, edit the encounter.txt file, because you are walking around on a map that has a cave function in it, and you have no pokemon, the cave function is making you get into pokemon battles, and not having any pokemon while getting into battles is what is causing your problem.

firstly, please don't ask for custom scripts, and secondly, O.0 why do you want to put a picture in the newspaper of your game, you know that cost money right?

and lastly/thirdly, edited the "connections.txt" file. the error is saying that you have a connection from one map to another and yet one of those maps don't exist.

Thanks but what i ment by the newspaper thing is to have an in-game newspaper that you get deliverd to your in-game mail box!!! and you take pictures with ur In-game camera and if their good they can get published into the !!!IN-GAME!!! newspaper!

anywayz... i need a program that you can use to make your own tileset. like the graph is allready set out for you so you just import the pics and put em in place and with the graph you can put them in place accurately. is their such a program???!!!

DamianLeonhart
June 1st, 2008, 05:33 AM

I have to agree with you about the slowness of Pokemon Essentials. I have a brand new computer (less than two weeks old) with a quad core processor and 8GB of RAM and i have a map that runs very sluggishly. I was quite surprised to notice that since it has no events on it, just some water(about 1/5 of the map). I wish I could tell you what I think about the scripts but I don't have a clue how to code in RMXP.

Edited because:
I hope you meant 8GB of RAM, not MB.

Guardian1239
June 1st, 2008, 06:56 AM
I made a character for a door to a Pokemon Center/Mart. No credit is necessary if you use it. I just want to help people out. And poccil, you should stick it in the next update. ;)

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/7209/door2rl7.png (http://imageshack.us)

partyghoul2000
June 1st, 2008, 08:12 AM
@Guardian1239 - you missed a frame
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j76/partyghoul2000/Spritesheets/doorslide.png
i also ripped the double sliding door animation ;)
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j76/partyghoul2000/Spritesheets/doorslidedouble.png

feel free to use them

Glitchfinder
June 1st, 2008, 08:20 AM
I have to agree with you about the slowness of Pokemon Essentials. I have a brand new computer (less than two weeks old) with a quad core processor and 8MB of RAM and i have a map that runs very sluggishly. I was quite surprised to notice that since it has no events on it, just some water(about 1/5 of the map). I wish I could tell you what I think about the scripts but I don't have a clue how to code in RMXP.

One question: Is that new computer a Vista? If it is, Vista has been proven to be slower at doing everything. (Except copying files from one part of a hard drive to another, for some reason) That could be a part of the issue for you. Also, I hope you meant 8GB of RAM, not MB. (Which would make your computer a 64-bit operating system)

Atomic Reactor
June 1st, 2008, 11:35 AM
why don't you guys put those in the Game Dev. Resources thread?
that would be more appropriate..

yaoimutt
June 1st, 2008, 01:35 PM
Thanks but what i ment by the newspaper thing is to have an in-game newspaper that you get deliverd to your in-game mail box!!! and you take pictures with ur In-game camera and if their good they can get published into the !!!IN-GAME!!! newspaper!

anywayz... i need a program that you can use to make your own tileset. like the graph is allready set out for you so you just import the pics and put em in place and with the graph you can put them in place accurately. is their such a program???!!!

Oh, that sounds cool, but kind of hard...

anyway, yes, there is a program to make tilesets, it's called tileset maker (there are 4 diffrent programs with this name, 1) allows you to draw your own tileset and shows you how they look, 2) 1 allows for you to take tiles from other tilesets and put them into your own to make a new tileset. 3) alows you to make tilesets out of pictures 4) well, it's kind of like GIMP, with pre set pictures for you to choose from and edit at your will.

sorry, i don't have any links, i haven't used those programs in so long. O.o

I have to agree with you about the slowness of Pokemon Essentials. I have a brand new computer (less than two weeks old) with a quad core processor and 8MB of RAM and i have a map that runs very sluggishly. I was quite surprised to notice that since it has no events on it, just some water(about 1/5 of the map). I wish I could tell you what I think about the scripts but I don't have a clue how to code in RMXP.

with only 8 rams i would think that you couldn't run word on it. can you take a look and tell us what the actual ram is? becuase i would be amased if it was under 500MB for a new pc. considering 500MB ram is average.

Rageman
June 1st, 2008, 03:58 PM
lolwtf?
This is strange. How do I make it stop raining in the LAB?!
http://www.instantimagehosting.com/storage/rainlab.PNG

DamianLeonhart
June 1st, 2008, 04:49 PM
One question: Is that new computer a Vista? If it is, Vista has been proven to be slower at doing everything. (Except copying files from one part of a hard drive to another, for some reason) That could be a part of the issue for you. Also, I hope you meant 8GB of RAM, not MB. (Which would make your computer a 64-bit operating system)

lol yeah 8 GB of RAM. Your correct to make the 64-bit operating system as well. Vista is considered slow if you put it on a machine that was intended for XP. Vista does seem to be a resource hog for a computer, it's actually very well put together though. Things can be disabled easily from what I have encountered. In idle the OS only uses 500MB RAM and not even 2 percent total from the cpu. Running 54 processes im only at 35% memory usage and max of 19% CPU usage. I don't know if its just a thing with RMXP but that may be the issue either way.

Thanks for the correction too, imma go change that.

with only 8 rams i would think that you couldn't run word on it. can you take a look and tell us what the actual ram is? becuase i would be amased if it was under 500MB for a new pc. considering 500MB ram is average.

Yeah as stated above it's a tiny typo, :p. New pcs should have no less than 2GB out of box now. Vista can hardly run on 1 GB of RAM and operate. I use Adobe Fireworks on both my laptop and my desktop the laptop is Vista with 2GB of memory and if its the only program running along side Vista it takes about a min to even begin showing that it is loading the program. On this desktop though its fully loaded and ready to go in seconds.

But yeah just a typo. Before anyone asks this isn't a store bought computer its one I put together.

yaoimutt
June 1st, 2008, 04:54 PM
lolwtf?
This is strange. How do I make it stop raining in the LAB?!
http://www.instantimagehosting.com/storage/rainlab.PNG

edit the metadata.txt file. it has a weather effect setting in it for each map, you made the new maps, but didn't edit the metadata file :D (it gets real fun when you don't edit the encounter file, you wind up getting errors all over the place.)

Rageman
June 1st, 2008, 05:57 PM
edit the metadata.txt file. it has a weather effect setting in it for each map, you made the new maps, but didn't edit the metadata file :D (it gets real fun when you don't edit the encounter file, you wind up getting errors all over the place.)

Thanks. It's working now.

yaoimutt
June 1st, 2008, 07:33 PM
Ok, i know this has been asked before, but i couldn't find a solution. if i wanted to change the the time setting so that it was twice as fast, (two days in one) how would i do that?

Exiled~Shadow
June 1st, 2008, 09:05 PM
Oh, that sounds cool, but kind of hard...

anyway, yes, there is a program to make tilesets, it's called tileset maker (there are 4 diffrent programs with this name, 1) allows you to draw your
own tileset and shows you how they look, 2) 1 allows for you to take tiles from other tilesets and put them into your own to make a new tileset. 3) alows you to make tilesets out of pictures 4) well, it's kind of like GIMP, with pre set pictures for you to choose from and edit at your will.

sorry, i don't have any links, i haven't used those programs in so long. O.o

I searched for hours and couldn't find anything like what i need... so if any1 has a good 1 or 1 made 4 rmxp plz post link.

And dose any1 have a tutorial on how to use poccils kit. like how to add trainers and what to remove if ur making ur own maps.

Aslo, i need to know how to make it so you can make ur character do stuff like walk bhind the roof of a buildin and be under the bed sheats and stuff
like in the R/S pokemon games...

this is what happens:
Srry 4 loss of quality i had 2 save as GIF.

aslso how do you make a tag to go in ur sig. i wanna use 1 to promote a pokemon game i'm working on

last but not least dose any1 have a overworld sprite of officer jenny and also one of officer jenny on a motorbike

yaoimutt
June 1st, 2008, 09:44 PM
I searched for hours and couldn't find anything like what i need... so if any1 has a good 1 or 1 made 4 rmxp plz post link.

And dose any1 have a tutorial on how to use poccils kit. like how to add trainers and what to remove if ur making ur own maps.

Aslo, i need to know how to make it so you can make ur character do stuff like walk bhind the roof of a buildin and be under the bed sheats and stuff

this is what happens:

aslso how do you make a tag to go in ur sig. i wanna use 1 to promote a pokemon game i'm working on

last but not least dose any1 have a overworld sprite of officer jenny and also one of officer jenny on a motorbike

o.0 i can see that you have never used rmxp at all before...

ok, in order to make the character walk behind the roofs, go to the editor, click on tilesets, click on the tileset with the rooms in it (overworld) go down until you can see the roof that you want the character to walk behind, click on priority, then keep clicking on the tile of the roof until it's at 1 or above.

Jirbytaylor
June 1st, 2008, 09:52 PM

this is what happens:

No no no this will not do at all.

1. Try reading the notes.htm provided, or even look around for basic RMXP tutorials.
2. Good god have you even used RMXP before? When creating Tilesets set the priorty for certain tiles to have them above events and the player.
3. Not the place to ask.
4. Not the place to ask. Try FRLG rips, I'm sure there are Jenny-ish sprites. You'll have to custom the bike riding sprites.
5. Lern to spel.

*prods Poccil* Why does your system hate my transparent water yah? D:

yaoimutt
June 1st, 2008, 11:47 PM
No no no this will not do at all.

1. Try reading the notes.htm provided, or even look around for basic RMXP tutorials.
2. Good god have you even used RMXP before? When creating Tilesets set the priorty for certain tiles to have them above events and the player.
3. Not the place to ask.
4. Not the place to ask. Try FRLG rips, I'm sure there are Jenny-ish sprites. You'll have to custom the bike riding sprites.
5. Lern to spel.

*prods Poccil* Why does your system hate my transparent water yah? D:

it hates you because your transparent water is animated. if you make every other pixel invisable, then it will work (i did it in my own project, i'm trying to get the pearl effect from the lake, :D ) (also, if you need someone to do the every other pixel thing, i'll do it, i have to much free time on my hands, it would give me something to do.)

Exiled~Shadow
June 2nd, 2008, 12:06 AM
i have used rmxp b4, just not poccils starter kit. and i don't spell right cause i am in a rush. and most of the stuff i do in rmxp is very basic. i have only recently learn't about "Priority's" last, i put that other suff in cause i need it and i thaught i might aswell ask while i thaught of it. srry

Dolev12
June 2nd, 2008, 12:09 AM
From where do you get all this sprites?,Im searching for sprites about month,and I found nothing...
I dont sure thats belong to here,but someone can give me some pokemon sporites for rmxp?,If its dont for here,so im sorry

yaoimutt
June 2nd, 2008, 12:41 AM
From where do you get all this sprites?,Im searching for sprites about month,and I found nothing...
I dont sure thats belong to here,but someone can give me some pokemon sporites for rmxp?,If its dont for here,so im sorry

for pokemon sprites go here:
http:www.spriters-resource.com/

Dolev12
June 2nd, 2008, 02:30 AM
I know this site,but its not for rmxp(rpg maker xp),its more for game maker,i've tried to make it for rm,but it were to small...
tnx anyway

DamianLeonhart
June 2nd, 2008, 09:02 AM
I know this site,but its not for rmxp(rpg maker xp),its more for game maker,i've tried to make it for rm,but it were to small...
tnx anyway

Sine you are in the Pokémon Essentials thread I will direct you to the very first post. In poccil's sig you will find a link to Pokémon Essentials, it is a RMXP file that contians most of what you need. If you are like its also a well done work in progress starter kit.

I decided to add the link to the page: Pokémon Essentials (http://upokecenter.com/projects/pokestarter/)

Dolev12
June 2nd, 2008, 09:08 AM
Tnx,but I got this from the first release,Im asking for the site that he got the sprites from,because im locking for sprites to rmxp about month,and didnt find a thing,so im asking where did he get them,and if someone can give me sprites like those.

Wichu
June 2nd, 2008, 09:28 AM
Why don't you just resize them?

Dolev12
June 2nd, 2008, 11:25 AM
Because when im do it,its seems weird,and when im not,and just make them in the right placec,its too small.

Jirbytaylor
June 2nd, 2008, 01:43 PM
it hates you because your transparent water is animated. if you make every other pixel invisable, then it will work (i did it in my own project, i'm trying to get the pearl effect from the lake, :D ) (also, if you need someone to do the every other pixel thing, i'll do it, i have to much free time on my hands, it would give me something to do.)

Oh no, all the frames of my auto-tile are transparent. It's interesting to note that randomly, while moving past the water it will return to being translucent for a split second. Note the randomly.

yaoimutt
June 2nd, 2008, 08:18 PM
tnx anyway

... OK, you CAN actually use them for rmxp. open them in ms paint (which is a program on almost every pc, they usually come with it on them) then click edit, select all. then pres ctrl and + at the same time (the + on the number pad) then pres ctrl and c, then ctrl and v. and there, they are the right size and have the right look. done.

Oh no, all the frames of my auto-tile are transparent. It's interesting to note that randomly, while moving past the water it will return to being translucent for a split second. Note the randomly.

yes, i know, but as i said, they don't apear to be transparent because they are animated, this is why:

in an animated tile, the system naturally fades from one part of it to another, so if it's transparent, it gets doubled up. (so that it almost never looks translucent, because it has 2 layers on it) it CAN look translucent for a few moments, but that's rare, the best way to fix this is to do an every other pixel invisibility thing. (or at least this is what i've come to understand, and this is the only solution i have found that has actually worked.)

Jirbytaylor
June 2nd, 2008, 09:24 PM
in an animated tile, the system naturally fades from one part of it to another, so if it's transparent, it gets doubled up.

Eeww.. I preferred the original style of RMXP's autotiles. Is there any way to disable this "natural" fading? Looks the same really.

Dolev12
June 2nd, 2008, 09:51 PM
... OK, you CAN actually use them for rmxp. open them in ms paint (which is a program on almost every pc, they usually come with it on them) then click edit, select all. then pres ctrl and + at the same time (the + on the number pad) then pres ctrl and c, then ctrl and v. and there, they are the right size and have the right look. done.

yes, i know, but as i said, they don't apear to be transparent because they are animated, this is why:

in an animated tile, the system naturally fades from one part of it to another, so if it's transparent, it gets doubled up. (so that it almost never looks translucent, because it has 2 layers on it) it CAN look translucent for a few moments, but that's rare, the best way to fix this is to do an every other pixel invisibility thing. (or at least this is what i've come to understand, and this is the only solution i have found that has actually worked.)

tnx. I forget about resize the all picture,I resized it 1 after 1

yaoimutt
June 3rd, 2008, 12:31 AM
Eeww.. I preferred the original style of RMXP's autotiles. Is there any way to disable this "natural" fading? Looks the same really.

not that i know of, as i said, it's what i've come to understand, (meaning i had the same problem and had to have someone else explain it to me T-T) that's why i said, just make every other pixel invisable, it looks like the picture is transparent (which is what you need)

phoenixprime88b5
June 3rd, 2008, 09:48 AM
I had no problem adding trainer battles to my game so far, and using the same names on the trainername.txt and the trainers.txt, I added the trainer to battle and i get this error:

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'uninitialized constant PBTrainers::Kanto_PkMn_Trainer_Ash
Section019:195:in `update'
Section021:98:in `update'
Section021:96:in `loop'

Scene_Map:109:in `update'
Scene_Map:65:in `main'

Does any one know what's wrong?

pkmn.master
June 3rd, 2008, 09:53 AM
Flame Guru and poccil,this is the best toolkit iv ever seen!Keep up the good work!

Hall Of Famer
June 3rd, 2008, 11:43 AM
I have a question to ask. I want to implement the Trade event for my game but the version of Pokemon starterkit I'm currently using is still the one updated in February. I don't know whether it's possible for me to add trade event to my game and if possible, can anyone of you tell me how to edit the script? Thanks a lot!

pkmn.master
June 3rd, 2008, 12:16 PM
How do you use this starter kit effectivly?
And will the scripts work on RPG Maker VX?

Jirbytaylor
June 3rd, 2008, 01:33 PM
The starter kit is built for XP, so it will very likely not work with VX. In fact it's probably impossible because of VX's different tilemap system.

vanguard
June 3rd, 2008, 01:37 PM
I open the editor, it then closes, can someone explain?!?

phoenixprime88b5
June 3rd, 2008, 01:44 PM
How do you use this starter kit effectivly?
And will the scripts work on RPG Maker VX?

Since I have both Xp and Vx, I transfered the scripts to VX and all the required graphics, data and such and the game played through the game.exe but not through the game project where you edit and so on probably as Jirbytaylor mentioned due to the tilemap differences, the scripts should work though since poccil put the RGSS2 Compatibility script in the newer versions of the SK.

partyghoul2000
June 3rd, 2008, 09:17 PM
i've been playing with this starter kit for awhile now and i'm wondering 1) how do you insert the other 27 unown? (it only comes with A) 2) how i go about implementing the arceus factor, meaning the changing of it's type by plates? and 3) how would i put in new pokeballs and items that do specfic things? (i.e., net ball, max repel, cleanse tag) any answers would be greatly apperated. =D

yaoimutt
June 3rd, 2008, 09:35 PM
i've been playing with this starter kit for awhile now and i'm wondering 1) how do you insert the other 27 unown? (it only comes with A) 2) how i go about implementing the arceus factor, meaning the changing of it's type by plates? and 3) how would i put in new pokeballs and items that do specfic things? (i.e., net ball, max repel, cleanse tag) any answers would be greatly apperated. =D

1) poccil has not added the known pokedex yet, but i think you can do it by creating 2 region pokedexs (read note.html to find out how) and just making the unknown unfindable for one dex, and the other dex just have it only find unknown. though i am not sure if this will work.

2) what do you mean changing it's type by plates? what is "it" that you are talking about?

3) please read the note.html file before asking questions here, because that is explained in the items section.

vanguard
June 4th, 2008, 03:58 AM
I got RPG Maker XP, but when I open Editor.exe, it still fails to load. Is there something wrong?!?

Dolev12
June 4th, 2008, 04:15 AM
Maby your computer use the rmvx to open the editor,try to change the "open with",but you dont need to use the editor.exe ,the game has the same options when you open him from the program.
Oh,and I found 2 bugs in the kit:
1. If the both pokemons have the same nikname then they got the same attacks after they get some lvls.
2. When i've made a teleport in the water(but on land),every time im fishing its teleport me to this map (with the same x and y that he was at when he fishing)

pkmn.master
June 4th, 2008, 07:24 AM
The starter kit is built for XP, so it will very likely not work with VX. In fact it's probably impossible because of VX's different tilemap system.

Im talking about the scripts from PBS that are on notepad.Also the tileset system is located in GRAPHICS/SYSTEM ive already imported the tilesets but i dont yet know how to replace them A,B,C,D,E Tileset.So,can i use the scripts from PBS in RPG Maker XP?also, how can i replace A,B,C,D,E with other tilesets on GRAPHICS/SYSTEM?

p.s.i have both rpg maker xp/vx full version but my rpgmaker xp is different from the others.its called RPG MAKER XP POSTALITY KNIGHTS EDITION ENHANCED and the rpg maker xp project that comes with poke starter called "Game" dosnt work "due to incompatability between versions" when i try to open it with my rpg maker xp.

partyghoul2000
June 4th, 2008, 07:32 AM
2) what do you mean changing it's type by plates? what is "it" that you are talking about?

3) please read the note.html file before asking questions here, because that is explained in the items section.

it as in arceus. in d/p, arceus could change it's type depending on the plate it held. (ie., insect plate made it bug type, spooky plate made it ghost type) (more info here (http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/arceus.shtml))

and the note.html file says two different ways to insert new items, to edit the PBS/items.txt and the other says to insert script. just editting the PBS/items.txt doesn't seem to give the new item any special quailities beside being an item in it's designated place. the insert script part doesn't specify if it needs to be input into the scripts section of rpgmxp or input into an event that the game will take care of for you, like a pokemon trainer.

pkmn.master
June 4th, 2008, 07:32 AM
1) 2) what do you mean changing it's type by plates? what is "it" that you are talking about?quote]

hes talking about using the fire plate to turn it into a fire type,the ice plate to turn it into an ice type,ect.

[quote=vanguard;3640374]I open the editor, it then closes, can someone explain?!?

you dont have rtp (run time package) installed

Archayos
June 4th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Alright, so here I am, with another problem. This is rather weird one about picture opacities.

First off, I'm trying to show sunlight strokes on my map. Everything's going good so far, and the system works properly:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk308/Archayos/Weird1.png

Now, this is what happens if I take one step forward from this point:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk308/Archayos/Weird2.png

See the difference?
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk308/Archayos/Weird1.pnghttp://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk308/Archayos/Weird2.png

Weird, yes? It's not an eventing problem, as it's happening on every map of mine. No, I don't have any parallel common events running apart from this one. I think it has something to do with the mid-way point of the map, as it's happening when I cross that point.
Also, if I take a step backward, the image goes back to it's normal opacity.
In short: The image opacity changes as I cross the mid-way point of the map.

PokemonPlatnum
June 4th, 2008, 08:40 AM
How do you get your rival to choose a pokémon then battle you with it?

Wichu
June 4th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Oh,and I found 2 bugs in the kit:
1. If the both pokemons have the same nikname then they got the same attacks after they get some lvls.)

What do you mean? Could you give an example?

Hall Of Famer
June 4th, 2008, 08:53 AM
I have a question to ask. I want to implement the Trade event for my game but the version of Pokemon starterkit I'm currently using is still the one updated in February. I don't know whether it's possible for me to add trade event to my game and if possible, can anyone of you tell me how to edit the script? Thanks a lot!

No one knows how to make it?

.houndoomed
June 4th, 2008, 09:02 AM
I've got a really annoying problem here. It involves the door animation.

Everything goes fine when you are going into a building, but when you are exiting one, the animation never plays.. the player just lands outside the building. What am I doing wrong?

Atomic Reactor
June 4th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Houndoomed: in the tileset, is the spot that they get transfered to an "X" or an "O"
that may be it.
other than that i dont know. make sure it teleports you to on top of the door

Jirbytaylor
June 4th, 2008, 01:38 PM
The other option is to add "Through ON" and "Through OFF" around the Player movement parts of the second page of the door event. Also make sure you're transporting them on top of the door when they exit, not in front of it.

Glitchfinder
June 4th, 2008, 07:16 PM
p.s.i have both rpg maker xp/vx full version but my rpgmaker xp is different from the others.its called RPG MAKER XP POSTALITY KNIGHTS EDITION ENHANCED and the rpg maker xp project that comes with poke starter called "Game" dosnt work "due to incompatability between versions" when i try to open it with my rpg maker xp.

That's because Postality Knight's edition is an illegal free translation of the Japanese version, and is an older version. That's why the default scripts are Japanese, and you can't read the help file. Try downloading the official version of RPG Maker XP and using your RPG Maker VX activation code on it. (They use the same activation system, so it usually works)

yaoimutt
June 4th, 2008, 09:53 PM
it as in arceus. in d/p, arceus could change it's type depending on the plate it held. (ie., insect plate made it bug type, spooky plate made it ghost type) (more info here (http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/arceus.shtml))

and the note.html file says two different ways to insert new items, to edit the PBS/items.txt and the other says to insert script. just editting the PBS/items.txt doesn't seem to give the new item any special quailities beside being an item in it's designated place. the insert script part doesn't specify if it needs to be input into the scripts section of rpgmxp or input into an event that the game will take care of for you, like a pokemon trainer.

ok, sorry, the script part i thought had been fixed (poccil, plan to make it so that people understand it better?) go to the script editor, go down to PokemonItems, then simply find a handler in the page that has a simaler effect as what you want, and insert it. then edit it to fit better.

Archayos
June 5th, 2008, 01:07 AM
Alright, so here I am, with another problem. This is rather weird one about picture opacities.

First off, I'm trying to show sunlight strokes on my map. Everything's going good so far, and the system works properly:

See the difference?
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk308/Archayos/Weird1.pnghttp://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk308/Archayos/Weird2.png

Weird, yes? It's not an eventing problem, as it's happening on every map of mine. No, I don't have any parallel common events running apart from this one. I think it has something to do with the mid-way point of the map, as it's happening when I cross that point.

Hate to seem desperate, but this problem is really annoying the life outta me. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

yaoimutt
June 5th, 2008, 03:07 AM

See the difference?

actually the time changed. i think all that happened was that your map has become evening . meaning that it gets a little dark. it's just part of the day night system (i think, because that's what it seems like) anyway, how are you going to make it where there arn't rays of light when it's night?

and on a side note: do not multipost please, it just fills the place up with the same post, so wait a day or 2 in between.

Dolev12
June 5th, 2008, 03:07 AM
What do you mean? Could you give an example?
Ok,I got nidorin(or what his name was) with the nik ninatro,same as doudorio(or how its calls),and they up some lvls,and then nidorin got the same attack like dodorio got.
Oh,and about the second bug(with the fishing),its dosent teleport you to the teleport,its makes the water to land,and all the others to kind of the black area,just in blue,like when you go underwater.

Hall Of Famer
June 5th, 2008, 03:11 AM

Can anyone tell me how to make the trade event if I don't have my starterkit upgraded to the newest version?

Archayos
June 5th, 2008, 03:52 AM
actually the time changed. i think all that happened was that your map has become evening . meaning that it gets a little dark. it's just part of the day night system (i think, because that's what it seems like) anyway, how are you going to make it where there arn't rays of light when it's night?

and on a side note: do not multipost please, it just fills the place up with the same post, so wait a day or 2 in between.

Um... I think I've made myself pretty clear; if I take a step back, the picture opacity changes to what it was in the first the screenshot. If I step in front again, it goes back to becoming denser. Also, I've disabled the day/night system for other reasons. Also, think about it. Why would it become lighter on the top-half of every map and become denser on the bottom-half of every map? You obviously haven't read what I said properly.

I did wait for a day. Check the post dates.

DamianLeonhart
June 5th, 2008, 05:30 AM
Um... I think I've made myself pretty clear; if I take a step back, the picture opacity changes to what it was in the first the screenshot. If I step in front again, it goes back to becoming denser. Also, I've disabled the day/night system for other reasons. Also, think about it. Why would it become lighter on the top-half of every map and become denser on the bottom-half of every map? You obviously haven't read what I said properly.

I don't know how to help you with your problem, but when I look at it it makes me think that the clouds have just moved and its a bit darker and more light is coming through the clouds. I actually like what it is doing.

yaoimutt
June 5th, 2008, 05:31 AM

you're right, sorry,

anyway, can you get a screen shot to show how you have the event set up? because that might help.

I don't know how to help you with your problem, but when I look at it it makes me think that the clouds have just moved and its a bit darker and more light is coming through the clouds. I actually like what it is doing.

.... there are no clouds... o.0

Good news to people: On june 1st, poccil updated the sk (but for some reason you have to look at the notes to find out, the other part of the site doesn't tell you)

and my own question: how do you make an event check to see how many pokemon you have caught?

PokemonPlatnum
June 5th, 2008, 07:26 AM
How do you get your rival to choose a pokémon then battle you with it?
can no one help I need to know.....
Also how do you get a person to check if you have any pokémon.

Aqua Mudkip
June 5th, 2008, 07:28 AM
Aqua Mudkip to [anyone who can answer plz.]: Err... I got a question... how do you like after pressing the start button in the title screen make it play a ME/SE/BGM and then after that do a transition (besides splash) ex: Stripes V, H?

partyghoul2000
June 5th, 2008, 07:44 AM
ok, sorry, the script part i thought had been fixed (poccil, plan to make it so that people understand it better?) go to the script editor, go down to PokemonItems, then simply find a handler in the page that has a simaler effect as what you want, and insert it. then edit it to fit better.

thank you. for new pokeballs would i have to edit and/or insert script anywhere else besides the PokemonItems script?

yaoimutt
June 5th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Also how do you get a person to check if you have any pokémon.

what do you mean? you mean where you choose a pokemon then he has the one that it's week against?

Hall Of Famer
June 5th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Can anyone of you tell me why it's this hard to get any help from this website?

Wichu
June 5th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Also how do you get a person to check if you have any pokémon.Conditional Branch: Script: $Trainer.party.length>0Can anyone tell me how to make the trade event if I don't have my starterkit upgraded to the newest version?Here's the Pokémon trading script:class PokemonTradeScene

def pbRunPictures(pictures,sprites)
loop do
for i in 0...pictures.length
pictures[i].update
end
for i in 0...sprites.length
if sprites[i].is_a?(IconSprite)
setPictureIconSprite(sprites[i],pictures[i])
else
setPictureSprite(sprites[i],pictures[i])
end
end
Graphics.update
Input.update
running=false
running=true if pictures[i].running?
end
break if !running
end
end

def pbStartScreen(pokemon,pokemon2,trader1,trader2)
@sprites={}
@viewport=Viewport.new(0,0,Graphics.width,Graphics.height)
@viewport.z=99999
@pokemon=pokemon
@pokemon2=pokemon2
@trader1=trader1
@trader2=trader2
addBackgroundOrColoredPlane(@sprites,"background","tradebg.png",
Color.new(248,248,248),@viewport)
rsprite1=Sprite.new(@viewport)
rsprite1.bitmap=pbLoadPokemonBitmap(@pokemon,false)
rsprite1.ox=rsprite1.bitmap.width/2
rsprite1.oy=rsprite1.bitmap.height/2
rsprite1.x=Graphics.width/2
rsprite1.y=(Graphics.height-96)*2/3
@sprites["rsprite1"]=rsprite1
rsprite1.bitmap=pbLoadPokemonBitmap(@pokemon2,false)
rsprite1.visible=false
@sprites["rsprite2"]=rsprite1
@sprites["msgwindow"]=Kernel.pbCreateMessageWindow(@viewport)
pbFadeInAndShow(@sprites)
end

def pbScene1
spriteBall=IconSprite.new(0,0,@viewport)
pictureBall=PictureEx.new(0)
picturePoke=PictureEx.new(0)
# Starting position of ball
pictureBall.moveVisible(1,true)
pictureBall.moveName(1,"Graphics/Pictures/ball00_0.png")
pictureBall.moveOrigin(1,PictureOrigin::Center)
pictureBall.moveXY(0,1,Graphics.width/2,48)
# Starting position of sprite
picturePoke.moveVisible(1,true)
picturePoke.moveOrigin(1,PictureOrigin::Center)
rsprite1=@sprites["rsprite1"]
rsprite1.ox=0
rsprite1.oy=0
picturePoke.moveXY(0,1,rsprite1.x,rsprite1.y)
# Change sprite color
delay=picturePoke.totalDuration+4
picturePoke.moveColor(10,delay,Color.new(31*8,22*8,30*8,255))
# Recall
delay=picturePoke.totalDuration
picturePoke.moveSE(delay,"Audio/SE/recall.wav")
pictureBall.moveName(delay,"Graphics/Pictures/ball00_1.png")
pictureBall.moveName(delay+4,"Graphics/Pictures/ball00_2.png")
# Move sprite to ball
picturePoke.moveZoom(15,delay,0)
picturePoke.moveXY(15,delay,Graphics.width/2,48)
picturePoke.moveSE(delay+10,"Audio/SE/jumptoball.wav")
picturePoke.moveVisible(delay+15,false)
pictureBall.moveName(picturePoke.totalDuration+2,"Graphics/Pictures/ball00_0.png")
delay=picturePoke.totalDuration+20
pictureBall.moveXY(12,delay,Graphics.width/2,-32)
pbRunPictures(
[picturePoke,pictureBall],
[@sprites["rsprite1"],spriteBall]
)
spriteBall.dispose
end

def pbScene2
pictureBall.moveXY(0,1,Graphics.width/2,-32)
picturePoke.moveVisible(1,false)
picturePoke.moveZoom(0,1,0)
picturePoke.moveColor(0,1,Color.new(31*8,22*8,30*8,255))
# Dropping ball
y=Graphics.height-96-16
pictureBall.moveXY(15,delay,Graphics.width/2,y)
pictureBall.moveSE(pictureBall.totalDuration,"Audio/SE/balldrop.wav")
pictureBall.moveXY(8,pictureBall.totalDuration+2,Graphics.width/2,y-60)
pictureBall.moveXY(7,pictureBall.totalDuration+2,Graphics.width/2,y)
pictureBall.moveXY(6,pictureBall.totalDuration+2,Graphics.width/2,y-40)
pictureBall.moveXY(5,pictureBall.totalDuration+2,Graphics.width/2,y)
pictureBall.moveXY(4,pictureBall.totalDuration+2,Graphics.width/2,y-20)
pictureBall.moveXY(3,pictureBall.totalDuration+2,Graphics.width/2,y)
picturePoke.moveXY(0,pictureBall.totalDuration,Graphics.width/2,y)
delay=pictureBall.totalDuration+18
y=(Graphics.height-96)*2/3
picturePoke.moveSE(delay,
sprintf("Audio/SE/%03dCry.wav",@pokemon2.species))
pictureBall.moveVisible(delay+10,false)
picturePoke.moveVisible(delay,true)
picturePoke.moveZoom(15,delay,100)
picturePoke.moveXY(15,delay,Graphics.width/2,y)
picturePoke.moveColor(10,delay,Color.new(31*8,22*8,30*8,0))
pbRunPictures(
[@sprites["rsprite2"],spriteBall]
)
spriteBall.dispose
end

def pbEndScreen
Kernel.pbDisposeMessageWindow(@sprites["msgwindow"])
pbFadeOutAndHide(@sprites)
pbDisposeSpriteHash(@sprites)
@viewport.dispose
newspecies=pbTradeCheckEvolution(@pokemon2)
if newspecies>0
evo=PokemonEvolutionScene.new
evo.pbStartScreen(@pokemon2,newspecies)
evo.pbEvolution(false)
evo.pbEndScreen
end
end

def pbTrade
$game_system.bgm_stop
sefile=sprintf("Audio/SE/%03dCry.wav",@pokemon.species)
Audio.se_play(sefile)
speciesname1=PBSpecies.getName(@pokemon.species)
speciesname2=PBSpecies.getName(@pokemon2.species)
Kernel.pbDisplayMessageFancy(@sprites["msgwindow"],
_INTL("{1}\r\nID: {2} OT: {3}",@pokemon.name,
(@pokemon.trainerID&0xFFFF), @pokemon.ot),-1,100)
Audio.se_play("Audio/SE/Choose.wav")
pbScene1
_INTL("For {1}'s {2},\r\n{3} sends {4}.",@trader1,speciesname1,@trader2,speciesname2))
_INTL("{1} bids farewell to {2}.",@trader2,speciesname2))
pbScene2
_INTL("{1}\r\nID: {2} OT: {3}",@pokemon2.name,
(@pokemon2.trainerID&0xFFFF), @pokemon2.ot))
_INTL("Take good care of {1}.",speciesname2))
end

end

def pbStartTrade(pokemonIndex,species,nickname,trainerName)
myPokemon=$Trainer.party[pokemonIndex]
opponent=PokeBattle_Trainer.new(trainerName,0)
opponent.setForeignID($Trainer)
yourPokemon=PokeBattle_Pokemon.new(species,myPokemon.level,opponent)
yourPokemon.name=nickname
pbFadeOutInWithMusic(99999){
evo=PokemonTradeScene.new
evo.pbStartScreen(myPokemon,yourPokemon,$Trainer.name,opponent.name)
evo.pbTrade
evo.pbEndScreen
}
$Trainer.party[pokemonIndex]=yourPokemon
end

def pbMiniCheckEvolutionTrade(pokemon,evonib,level,poke)
case evonib
when 5
return poke
when 6 # Evolves if traded
return poke if pokemon.item==level
end
return -1
end
def pbTradeCheckEvolution(pokemon)
return pbCheckEvolutionEx(pokemon){|pokemon,evonib,level,poke|
next pbMiniCheckEvolutionTrade(pokemon,evonib,level,poke)
}
endCopy and paste into a new script. Then usepbChoosePokemon(1,3)
var=$game_variables[1]
if $Trainer.party[var].species==PBSpecies::BUIZEL
species=PBSpecies::CHATOT
nick="Charrap"
trainer="Norton"
pbStartTrade(var,species,nick,trainer)
endin a script event command. This example is a copy of the first trade event in D/P, so you should edit the Pokémon names, nicknames and OT name.

yaoimutt
June 5th, 2008, 08:25 AM
thank you. for new pokeballs would i have to edit and/or insert script anywhere else besides the PokemonItems script?

ok, go to the editore, then to pokebattle_battle (not pokebattle_battler)
then add the pokeball name to the first list you see (it's at the top) then search (ctrl and f) for PBItems::GREATBALL then copy one of the codings,like this one:

when PBItems::GREATBALL
rareness=(rareness*3/2).floor

Note: the first number is ALWAYS bigger then the second, not inluding the masterball [where the numbers are the same])

or if you want the ball to be better at catching certain types of poke, just copy on of the others and edit it as well, like this one:

when PBItems::NETBALL
rareness*=3 if battler.pbHasType?(PBTypes::BUG) || battler.pbHasType?(PBTypes::WATER)

which is better for bug and water types, (it's only 2 lines, but this box is to small so it looks like 3)

Can anyone of you tell me why it's this hard to get any help from this website?

did you ever think, that people don't know how to answer you question?

Hall Of Famer
June 5th, 2008, 08:34 AM
and by the way, it wont look like a traiding event, but you COULD try to simply have the event check if a pokemon is in the players party, then have them pick from a set of chooices like "trade zubat for gloom" and "don't trade" then simply take there pokemon away and give them the new one.

That's what I've thought about before, but I just can't find the script to delete a Pokemon in the trainer's party in the instruction document. I'd appreciate it very much if you could tell me how to delete a certain Pokemon.

yaoimutt
June 5th, 2008, 08:38 AM
That's what I've thought about before, but I just can't find the script to delete a Pokemon in the trainer's party in the instruction document. I'd appreciate it very much if you could tell me how to delete a certain Pokemon.

read wichu's message, he gave the coding to do a trainer event.

Archayos
June 5th, 2008, 09:00 AM

Heh, yeah, but it's not exactly sweet. It'd look good if it were to fade into the denser opacity, but this is an abrupt change. Looks very weird.

anyway, can you get a screen shot to show how you have the event set up? because that might help.

It's just a Show Picture command in a parallel process. |:
It's happening to every image of mine, so I doubt it's a problem with my event codes...

Hall Of Famer
June 5th, 2008, 09:30 AM
read wichu's message, he gave the coding to do a trainer event.

Thank you very much, dude, this really helps. However, I got an error message stating:
Message: Script error within event 32, map 314 (SHOWBOAT 2F):
Section109:187:in `pbStartTrade'undefined method `pbFadeOutInWithMusic' for #<Interpreter:0x559d878>
(eval):2:in `pbExecuteScript'
Section019:1614:in `eval'
Section019:1614:in `command_355'
Section019:466:in `execute_command'

Scene_Map:65:in `main'

I don't know what's wrong with it and I'd thank you very much if you can help me solve this issue. Besides, can I simply edit the scripter to make it look completely the same with the new pokemon essential to get the same effect as upgrading? Have a good day!

partyghoul2000
June 5th, 2008, 08:06 PM
ok, go to the editore, then to pokebattle_battle (not pokebattle_battler)
then add the pokeball name to the first list you see (it's at the top) then search (ctrl and f) for PBItems::GREATBALL then copy one of the codings,like this one:

when PBItems::GREATBALL
rareness=(rareness*3/2).floor

Note: the first number is ALWAYS bigger then the second, not inluding the masterball [where the numbers are the same])

or if you want the ball to be better at catching certain types of poke, just copy on of the others and edit it as well, like this one:

when PBItems::NETBALL
rareness*=3 if battler.pbHasType?(PBTypes::BUG) || battler.pbHasType?(PBTypes::WATER)

which is better for bug and water types, (it's only 2 lines, but this box is to small so it looks like 3)

omg, thank you, thank you. you have helped loads. :D this kinda stuff should be put into the faq section of note.html or something. >.>

ali madan
June 5th, 2008, 09:31 PM
hey poccil, I have a thing that you have not done. The ice and water pressure. Just like the Ice in pokemon Silver and the the water pressure in Pokemon Rube and Sappire.

And guys, Every time I try to fly I just can't. When I go to the map and I press on the place nothing happen. My Map Data:

Filename=map.png
Point=9,13,ٍShimori Town,,33,11,14,30

yaoimutt
June 5th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Heh, yeah, but it's not exactly sweet. It'd look good if it were to fade into the denser opacity, but this is an abrupt change. Looks very weird.

It's just a Show Picture command in a parallel process. |:
It's happening to every image of mine, so I doubt it's a problem with my event codes...

o.0 have you tride as a fog?

and poccil, i noticed something very odd about the trainer events, they don't let you have more then 2 pages, ( Trainer(0) not included for some reason)

Hall Of Famer
June 5th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Pokémon trading script:class PokemonTradeScene

def pbRunPictures(pictures,sprites)
loop do
pictures[i].update
end
for i in 0...sprites.length
if sprites[i].is_a?(IconSprite)
setPictureIconSprite(sprites[i],pictures[i])
else
setPictureSprite(sprites[i],pictures[i])
end
end
Graphics.update
Input.update
running=false
running=true if pictures[i].running?
end
break if !running
end
end

def pbStartScreen(pokemon,pokemon2,trader1,trader2)
@sprites={}
@viewport=Viewport.new(0,0,Graphics.width,Graphics.height)
@viewport.z=99999
@pokemon=pokemon
@pokemon2=pokemon2
@trader1=trader1
@trader2=trader2
addBackgroundOrColoredPlane(@sprites,"background","tradebg.png",
Color.new(248,248,248),@viewport)
rsprite1.bitmap=pbLoadPokemonBitmap(@pokemon,false)
@sprites["rsprite1"]=rsprite1
rsprite1.bitmap=pbLoadPokemonBitmap(@pokemon2,false)
rsprite1.visible=false
@sprites["rsprite2"]=rsprite1
@sprites["msgwindow"]=Kernel.pbCreateMessageWindow(@viewport)
pbFadeInAndShow(@sprites)
end

def pbScene1
pictureBall.moveXY(0,1,Graphics.width/2,48)
picturePoke.moveVisible(1,true)
rsprite1=@sprites["rsprite1"]
rsprite1.ox=0
rsprite1.oy=0
picturePoke.moveXY(0,1,rsprite1.x,rsprite1.y)
# Change sprite color
picturePoke.moveColor(10,delay,Color.new(31*8,22*8,30*8,255))
# Recall
# Move sprite to ball
picturePoke.moveZoom(15,delay,0)
picturePoke.moveXY(15,delay,Graphics.width/2,48)
picturePoke.moveSE(delay+10,"Audio/SE/jumptoball.wav")
picturePoke.moveVisible(delay+15,false)
pictureBall.moveName(picturePoke.totalDuration+2,"Graphics/Pictures/ball00_0.png")
delay=picturePoke.totalDuration+20
pictureBall.moveXY(12,delay,Graphics.width/2,-32)
pbRunPictures(
[@sprites["rsprite1"],spriteBall]
)
spriteBall.dispose
end

def pbScene2
pictureBall.moveXY(0,1,Graphics.width/2,-32)
picturePoke.moveVisible(1,false)
picturePoke.moveZoom(0,1,0)
picturePoke.moveColor(0,1,Color.new(31*8,22*8,30*8,255))
# Dropping ball
y=Graphics.height-96-16
pictureBall.moveXY(15,delay,Graphics.width/2,y)
pictureBall.moveXY(8,pictureBall.totalDuration+2,Graphics.width/2,y-60)
pictureBall.moveXY(7,pictureBall.totalDuration+2,Graphics.width/2,y)
pictureBall.moveXY(6,pictureBall.totalDuration+2,Graphics.width/2,y-40)
pictureBall.moveXY(5,pictureBall.totalDuration+2,Graphics.width/2,y)
pictureBall.moveXY(4,pictureBall.totalDuration+2,Graphics.width/2,y-20)
pictureBall.moveXY(3,pictureBall.totalDuration+2,Graphics.width/2,y)
picturePoke.moveXY(0,pictureBall.totalDuration,Graphics.width/2,y)
delay=pictureBall.totalDuration+18
y=(Graphics.height-96)*2/3
picturePoke.moveSE(delay,
sprintf("Audio/SE/%03dCry.wav",@pokemon2.species))
pictureBall.moveVisible(delay+10,false)
picturePoke.moveVisible(delay,true)
picturePoke.moveZoom(15,delay,100)
picturePoke.moveXY(15,delay,Graphics.width/2,y)
picturePoke.moveColor(10,delay,Color.new(31*8,22*8,30*8,0))
pbRunPictures(
[@sprites["rsprite2"],spriteBall]
)
spriteBall.dispose
end

def pbEndScreen
Kernel.pbDisposeMessageWindow(@sprites["msgwindow"])
pbFadeOutAndHide(@sprites)
pbDisposeSpriteHash(@sprites)
@viewport.dispose
newspecies=pbTradeCheckEvolution(@pokemon2)
if newspecies>0
evo=PokemonEvolutionScene.new
evo.pbStartScreen(@pokemon2,newspecies)
evo.pbEvolution(false)
evo.pbEndScreen
end
end

def pbTrade
$game_system.bgm_stop
sefile=sprintf("Audio/SE/%03dCry.wav",@pokemon.species)
Audio.se_play(sefile)
speciesname1=PBSpecies.getName(@pokemon.species)
speciesname2=PBSpecies.getName(@pokemon2.species)
_INTL("{1}\r\nID: {2} OT: {3}",@pokemon.name,
(@pokemon.trainerID&0xFFFF), @pokemon.ot),-1,100)
Audio.se_play("Audio/SE/Choose.wav")
pbScene1
_INTL("For {1}'s {2},\r\n{3} sends {4}.",@trader1,speciesname1,@trader2,speciesname2))
_INTL("{1} bids farewell to {2}.",@trader2,speciesname2))
pbScene2
_INTL("{1}\r\nID: {2} OT: {3}",@pokemon2.name,
(@pokemon2.trainerID&0xFFFF), @pokemon2.ot))
_INTL("Take good care of {1}.",speciesname2))
end

end

def pbStartTrade(pokemonIndex,species,nickname,trainerName)
myPokemon=$Trainer.party[pokemonIndex]
opponent=PokeBattle_Trainer.new(trainerName,0)
opponent.setForeignID($Trainer)
yourPokemon=PokeBattle_Pokemon.new(species,myPokemon.level,opponent)
yourPokemon.name=nickname
pbFadeOutInWithMusic(99999){
evo=PokemonTradeScene.new
evo.pbStartScreen(myPokemon,yourPokemon,$Trainer.name,opponent.name)
evo.pbTrade
evo.pbEndScreen
}
$Trainer.party[pokemonIndex]=yourPokemon
end

def pbMiniCheckEvolutionTrade(pokemon,evonib,level,poke)
case evonib
when 5
return poke
when 6 # Evolves if traded
return poke if pokemon.item==level
end
return -1
end
def pbTradeCheckEvolution(pokemon)
return pbCheckEvolutionEx(pokemon){|pokemon,evonib,level,poke|
next pbMiniCheckEvolutionTrade(pokemon,evonib,level,poke)
}
endCopy and paste into a new script. Then usepbChoosePokemon(1,3)
var=$game_variables[1]
if $Trainer.party[var].species==PBSpecies::BUIZEL
species=PBSpecies::CHATOT
nick="Charrap"
trainer="Norton"
pbStartTrade(var,species,nick,trainer)
endin a script event command. This example is a copy of the first trade event in D/P, so you should edit the Pokémon names, nicknames and OT name.

Thank you very much for this. The trading event is fairly important for my game and I'm looking forward to getting it done. Besides, I still get an error like this:
Section109:187:in `pbStartTrade'undefined method `pbFadeOutInWithMusic' for #<Interpreter:0x559d878>

Scene_Map:65:in `main'I'd appreciate it very much if you can help me solve this issue. Besides, I don't really know how to upgrade the version of pokemon essentials at all but can I just simply copy and replace all the scripts from the scripter in the newest version to my game to get the same effect as upgrading? Please give me an answer and thanks again1

yaoimutt
June 6th, 2008, 04:15 AM
Thank you very much for this. The trading event is fairly important for my game and I'm looking forward to getting it done. Besides, I still get an error like this:

Scene_Map:65:in `main'I'd appreciate it very much if you can help me solve this issue. Besides, I don't really know how to upgrade the version of pokemon essentials at all but can I just simply copy and replace all the scripts from the scripter in the newest version to my game to get the same effect as upgrading? Please give me an answer and thanks again1

by the way, i've been wandering, why don't you just upgrade you're sk?

Hall Of Famer
June 6th, 2008, 05:00 AM
by the way, i've been wandering, why don't you just upgrade you're sk?

Well, it's fairly risky to follow the instructions in the note.html of creating a merged project since there're just too much modified scripts, pics and even audios in my game(I tried once and the game collapsed). In this way, I'd prefer simply modifying the scripter to add the new features into the game (Unless someone claims to upgrade the game for me but I don't expect this to happen).

yaoimutt
June 6th, 2008, 05:22 AM
Well, it's fairly risky to follow the instructions in the note.html of creating a merged project since there're just too much modified scripts, pics and even audios in my game(I tried once and the game collapsed). In this way, I'd prefer simply modifying the scripter to add the new features into the game (Unless someone claims to upgrade the game for me but I don't expect this to happen).

yeah, that would suck. >.< what all did you modify? do you know off hand? because if you do then i MIGHT (heavy on the might) be able to help.

now for my own problem that is REALLY starting to get on my nerves,

i made a trainer event. and saved, then i played the game, and found out that i needed to change the spelling of some words on the second page of the event, so i went and edited them. BUT for some reason, no matter how many times i try, the game will not esept the changes, it keeps the original text on the second page, but in the editor, it has the new text, what's going on? and how do i fix this?

Hall Of Famer
June 6th, 2008, 06:19 AM
yeah, that would suck. >.< what all did you modify? do you know off hand? because if you do then i MIGHT (heavy on the might) be able to help.

I don't know about this but I did add the Pbtrading script and copy the codes from this webpage to the scripter: http://upokecenter.com/projects/pokestarter/changed-2008-05-02.txt

Now all I want to ask is that if I replace all the original scripts with those newly modified codes from this link, will my game be completely upgraded to the newest version? Or I have to follow the instruction in the note.html file(I might have to seek for help if it only works this way)? I'd appreciate it very much if you can tell me about it.

Wichu
June 6th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Depends on how old your current version is. And that's not the latest one anyway. You'll have to do that with all the update dates since your version, up to http://upokecenter.com/projects/pokestarter/changed-2008-05-26.txt.

Hall Of Famer
June 6th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Depends on how old your current version is. And that's not the latest one anyway. You'll have to do that with all the update dates since your version, up to http://upokecenter.com/projects/pokestarter/changed-2008-05-26.txt.

I see. Thank you very much for this. So all I need to do is to replace the original scripts with these codes from your link, right?

Do anyone know it?

sHiZ-NaX
June 6th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Just a quick question, Does anyone know how i could modify the sqripts to make the resolution of the game 288X216? and also get rid of the option to change the resolution?
Thanks

pkmn.master
June 6th, 2008, 09:16 AM
That's because Postality Knight's edition is an illegal free translation of the Japanese version, and is an older version. That's why the default scripts are Japanese, and you can't read the help file. Try downloading the official version of RPG Maker XP and using your RPG Maker VX activation code on it. (They use the same activation system, so it usually works)....................yes it worked.thanx glitch finder=)

Wichu
June 6th, 2008, 09:19 AM
The screen size is specified in the script section SpriteResizer. But you'll need to double your numbers, as the RMXP engine, as you know, uses double the Pokémon resolution. So you should set it as 576x432. In the script PokemonMap, find @screensize=1 and change it to @screensize=0. You'll have to edit PokemonOption to stop the player resizing it.

sHiZ-NaX
June 6th, 2008, 09:23 AM
The screen size is specified in the script section SpriteResizer. But you'll need to double your numbers, as the RMXP engine, as you know, uses double the Pokémon resolution. So you should set it as 576x432. In the script PokemonMap, find @screensize=1 and change it to @screensize=0. You'll have to edit PokemonOption to stop the player resizing it.

Thanks work out perfectly

imtheomega
June 6th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Hi,

I need some help. I've modified a script to put a shadow for the player. I usually use it during sunny days, but I would like to use it during rainstorm, when there is a flash. Does someone know how to check if there is a flash?
I thought about putting something like

def self.pbFlash?
return true if rnd<4
return false
end
in PokemonWeather.
But obviously it doesn't work when I try to call it, because rnd is not defined in def self.pbFlash?

Does somebody have a solution to my problem?

Exiled~Shadow
June 6th, 2008, 05:13 PM
cool idea but no sorry, im not very good with script's

partyghoul2000
June 6th, 2008, 06:15 PM
i would like to add another pocket or two to the item bag. how would one go about doing this?

Exiled~Shadow
June 6th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Ok, i'm having a problem with the editor, when ever i try to go up or down the list i get this error:

Pokemon Essentials

OK

but it dosnt happen when i press enter to use the SET TERRAIN TAGS...
it is realy stopping my process in advancing with my game. any solutions??

also, i REALY NEED A PROGRAM TO MAKE TILESET'S WITH!!! if any1 has one or know's where to find one either,

Post a quote in this thread

PM me (Prefferd)

or E-mail me at: [email protected]

all help is appreciated!

June 6th, 2008, 06:38 PM
DDD:

Alright, so I asked previously about Terrain Tags and the reflecting water, which was fixed.

Now I'm trying to get footprints left in sand to work. I'm using the generic yellow sand (not an autotile for me) and the terrain tag is 3, but it's still not leaving footprints behind. Any help?

Jirbytaylor
June 6th, 2008, 10:59 PM
To anyone who asks about making tilesets:
MSPaint.

No need to thank me. But if you use this please give credit. :D *shot*

To Archayos:
Try having the sunbeams under a different Picture ID. If that fixes it, there may be a script that uses that position for some reason. If that doesn't fix it, Poccil has probably tampered with something causing as much bust as me with the transparent water. :<

yaoimutt
June 6th, 2008, 11:14 PM
I don't know about this but I did add the Pbtrading script and copy the codes from this webpage to the scripter: http://upokecenter.com/projects/pokestarter/changed-2008-05-02.txt

Now all I want to ask is that if I replace all the original scripts with those newly modified codes from this link, will my game be completely upgraded to the newest version? Or I have to follow the instruction in the note.html file(I might have to seek for help if it only works this way)? I'd appreciate it very much if you can tell me about it.

well, that depends, how long has it been sence you last upgraded/got your sk?

Exiled~Shadow
June 7th, 2008, 12:26 AM
haha very funny Jirbytaylor. BUT I STILL NEED HELP WITH THE EDITOR!!!!

Hall Of Famer
June 7th, 2008, 12:34 AM
well, that depends, how long has it been since you last upgraded/got your sk?

Well, I got my starterkit in Early March and never ever upgraded it before(I was expecting to run some .exe file to upgrade but now I know I might have to do everything manually).

Wichu
June 7th, 2008, 01:52 AM
JJM: I think the editor only works when you already have a saved game.

Exiled~Shadow
June 7th, 2008, 02:26 AM
but i have a seved game... AND IT STILL DOSN'T WORK!!!

PoKéMaKeR
June 7th, 2008, 03:38 AM
I'm sorry if this question is asked already..!
but when I surf from left to right between 2 connected maps, my player stops surfing when he hits the second map...?!
From right to left it's no problem it keeps surfing but from left to right it stops
How can i overcome this problem?
Tanks for helping me
PoKéMaKeR

yaoimutt
June 7th, 2008, 04:17 AM
Well, I got my starterkit in Early March and never ever upgraded it before(I was expecting to run some .exe file to upgrade but now I know I might have to do everything manually).

well, as long as you know what scripts you edited, there are actually 2 ways to upgrade (ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR PROJECT, copy the folder to a new one, that way if the upgrade don't work, you still have your project)

one is in the note.html (which is better, but takes longer >.<) and the other is this (and i do not suggest this one becuase every once in a while, poccil will change something that is not just in the scripts):

download the new one, open 2 rmxps (you can open it twice, i've always loved that feature) open your project in 1, and the new sk in the other, then open the script editor in both, then simply replace all the scripts in the old version, with the new ones. then go to the graphics and copy any new graphics in them. (this way is shorter, and i do it when ever i am sure that poccil has not change anything other then scripts are graphics, and he hasn't change anything but scripts and graphics in a while, but if you don't know if there have been other changes, then follow the directions in the note.html file)

Lorem Ipsum
June 7th, 2008, 04:18 AM
Does Pokémon Essentials still support TMs? Or do you have to add that line to pokemon.txt yourself?

yaoimutt
June 7th, 2008, 04:19 AM
I'm sorry if this question is asked already..!
but when I surf from left to right between 2 connected maps, my player stops surfing when he hits the second map...?!
From right to left it's no problem it keeps surfing but from left to right it stops
How can i overcome this problem?
Tanks for helping me
PoKéMaKeR

it's a bug in the system, just pm poccil with the information on the problem,and he'll fix it in the next release of the game system.

Does Pokémon Essentials still support TMs? Or do you have to add that line to pokemon.txt yourself?

... yes it still supportes them, you should read the note.html before you comment.

sorry for not trying to help before, anyway, what version of the sk are you using?

Hi,

I need some help. I've modified a script to put a shadow for the player. I usually use it during sunny days, but I would like to use it during rainstorm, when there is a flash. Does someone know how to check if there is a flash?
I thought about putting something like

def self.pbFlash?
return true if rnd<4
return false
end
in PokemonWeather.
But obviously it doesn't work when I try to call it, because rnd is not defined in def self.pbFlash?

Does somebody have a solution to my problem?

i would think that all you would have to do is find the thenderstorm script, and put the same new edited script for the shadow where you see the lighting part of the storm script, but i am not sure (so please don't kill me if i'm wrong)

Now for my own question: The fishing animation is a five-frame animation. It resembles the 16-frame character sprites, but only the first five frames are used. It must be placed in Graphics/Characters/ and must have a filename of "fishingXXX.png", where XXX is a trainer type's ID. Example: fishing000.png

i really don't understand the coment above from the note.html, just what are the fishing sprite sheets supposed to look like? (please help,)

Lorem Ipsum
June 7th, 2008, 04:49 AM
... yes it still supportes them, you should read the note.html before you comment.

I did read notes.html before asking the question, and even though it says that it supports TMs, in the pokemon.txt file, the line 'Machines=' isn't there anymore. Hence the question.

Also, two of my events continuously loop. The event will finish, and then start all over again, and I don't know why. Also, in the lab scene, two of the Pokéballs on the table refuse to show up.

yaoimutt
June 7th, 2008, 04:58 AM
I did read notes.html before asking the question, and even though it says that it supports TMs, in the pokemon.txt file, the line 'Machines=' isn't there anymore. Hence the question.

Also, two of my events continuously loop. The event will finish, and then start all over again, and I don't know why. Also, in the lab scene, two of the Pokéballs on the table refuse to show up.

the ball thing is just weird... can you get a snapshot of them?

the loop, do you have the events on auto run or parallel proses? because if you do, they will keep going until you set a switch in them to turn on the next page of the event, just make a new page in the event, and have it set to a switch (like self switch a or something) then put in an "control switch" or "control selfswitch" command at the end of the event on the page that keeps looping.

and the tm's now have there own txt file now, it's called tm (just remember to put the actual tm item in the items.txt file

PokemonPlatnum
June 7th, 2008, 06:15 AM
How do I make my games screen size change to 276x176 this is needed to make my game look a hell of a lot better!

Wichu
June 7th, 2008, 06:19 AM
In SpriteResizer, edit @@width and @@height to 552 and 352 (double 276 and 176). You'll have to change all the graphics though.

PokemonPlatnum
June 7th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Wichu, Is there anyway to make the people look smaller?
And thats it.

Wichu
June 7th, 2008, 07:14 AM
What do you mean by that?

PokemonPlatnum
June 7th, 2008, 07:42 AM
as in the character sprite to look like pokemon raptor's sprite size.

sHiZ-NaX
June 7th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Resize your graphics, using photo shop or paint pokemonplatnium, it might take awhile but thts what is need to be done.

imtheomega
June 7th, 2008, 10:18 AM
i would think that all you would have to do is find the thenderstorm script, and put the same new edited script for the shadow where you see the lighting part of the storm script, but i am not sure (so please don't kill me if i'm wrong)

Not a bad idea, but I've not succeeded to make it work.

Psy-Crow
June 7th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Don't know if anyone asked this yet, but anyway...

I added two new types (Spirit and God). Everything was going fine. I decided to make a move of one of them (a move with the God type) and did everything that was needed, as far as moves and types go (i.e. adding the image block for it in the types graphic, changing the number in PBTypes, adding it and such). I opened the Editor, but it gave me an error.

Message: Undefined value GOD in PBTypes (section File PBS/moves.txt, line 355
GOD,Special,100,10,0,08,0,ef,Tough,"Strikes the foe with world-ending power."
, key )
Compiler:1881:in `checkEnumField'
Compiler:1906:in `csvEnumField!'
Compiler:397:in `pbGetCsvRecord'
Compiler:363:in `each'
Compiler:363:in `pbGetCsvRecord'
Compiler:969:in `pbCompileMoves'
Compiler:968:in `pbCompilerEachPreppedLine'
Compiler:497:in `each_line'
Compiler:497:in `pbCompilerEachPreppedLine'
Compiler:494:in `open'

This is the move itself: 355,RAGNAROK,RAGNAROK,00,100,GOD,Special,100,10,0,08,0,ef,Tough,"Strikes the foe with world-ending power."

I don't understand what went wrong. Anyone got the answer?

Exiled~Shadow
June 7th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by JJMcay View Post
sorry for not trying to help before, anyway, what version of the sk are you using?

to tell you the truth i dont realy know... how can i find out and how can i get the latest 1?

Oh and P.S. I figured out that i can make a graph in jasc paint shop pro 9 so i dont need a tileset maker anymore!

partyghoul2000
June 7th, 2008, 08:56 PM
can anybody tell me what this error message means?

Title Removed
Exception: Errno::EACCES

SpriteResizer:85:in `delete'

SpriteResizer:85:in `snap_to_bitmap'

PokemonField:195:in `pbBattleAnimation'

PokemonSafari:110:in `pbSafariBattle'

PokemonSafari:94

PokemonSafari:88:in `call'

EventScene:566:in `trigger'

EventScene:565:in `each'

EventScene:565:in `trigger'

PokemonField:358:in `pbWildBattle'

OK

it happened while i was testing out a safari zone.

fudgy
June 7th, 2008, 09:10 PM
^^ i am not sure -_- i get the same stupid error.

and can anyone tell me
where to make my own intro? (and how to make the game actually load lol)
and how to input npc,and make them walk to a certain point?, or make them follow? make them talk? and make them go one way, then turn around and the other? (and show expressions on em?)

darkerarceus
June 7th, 2008, 09:36 PM
^^ i am not sure -_- i get the same stupid error.

and can anyone tell me
where to make my own intro? (and how to make the game actually load lol)
and how to input npc,and make them walk to a certain point?, or make them follow? make them talk? and make them go one way, then turn around and the other? (and show expressions on em?)
You ask too much but to make your own intro edit the map named Intro
To input an NPC and Make them walk make the move route custome and make the Thing under it set move route and then input the directions you want
then turn self switch A on then make the sprite then after that make it self switch A
off

fudgy
June 7th, 2008, 10:19 PM
^ uh sorry but im a newb can you clear that up in an easier way?

Hardy Har Har
June 7th, 2008, 10:55 PM
hi, how can i edit the world map and enable the pokegear?

imtheomega
June 7th, 2008, 10:56 PM

For the introduction, like he said, there is a map called Intro. On this one, in the upper left square, there is an event. This is the intro event.
WHen u speak about the intro, if u mean the intro pic with the name of your game, please, read the notes, all is explained there.

For what u want to do with an event, to make it move or follow the player, create an event, there u can define if this player must follow a route like darkerarceus just said u. Another way to do it is to right click on the right part of the event window. There, click on new command and go to the second page of the commands menu. There, u will find a command to move an event.

If u have other questions like that, I recommand u to read tutorials about rpgmaker. Dont ask it here because if u cannot do such things u will never be able to do harder things and the list of your questions will have no end.

So, try to learn how to use rpgmaker. It's not hard to learn the basis. The harder thing to do on rpgmaker is the scripting or doing his own graphics, but using it is not hard.

hi, how can i edit the world map and enable the pokegear?

For the world map, take a look at the pbs folder and read townmap. All his explained there. And for the pokegear u have to create an event with the script $Trainer.pokegear=true . But i think it is explained in the notes, so please, read it before asking.

fudgy
June 7th, 2008, 11:13 PM
..uhh ok what happends if i deleted the intro map :(

imtheomega
June 7th, 2008, 11:19 PM
..uhh ok what happends if i deleted the intro map :(

Download the starter kit and copy and paste the intro map on your game.

Hardy Har Har
June 7th, 2008, 11:25 PM
what about connecting two maps?
Example:
"Hometown"---Route 1

fudgy
June 7th, 2008, 11:33 PM
yeah i just did that, and copied, then pasted hte intro into the map area, but its on the bottom and it needs to load first?

imtheomega
June 8th, 2008, 12:13 AM
Example:
"Hometown"---Route 1

Read the notes, all is explained there!

Hardy Har Har
June 8th, 2008, 12:53 AM
after the intro, the player's sprite does not appear on the starting area. is there something wrong?

Exiled~Shadow
June 8th, 2008, 01:21 AM
Quote:
to tell you the truth i dont realy know... how can i find out and how can i get the latest 1?

I still realy need to kow this... ^^^

Also dose anyone know where i can get this as a font:
All help appreciated

yaoimutt
June 8th, 2008, 02:23 AM
Don't know if anyone asked this yet, but anyway...

I added two new types (Spirit and God). Everything was going fine. I decided to make a move of one of them (a move with the God type) and did everything that was needed, as far as moves and types go (i.e. adding the image block for it in the types graphic, changing the number in PBTypes, adding it and such). I opened the Editor, but it gave me an error.

Message: Undefined value GOD in PBTypes (section File PBS/moves.txt, line 355
GOD,Special,100,10,0,08,0,ef,Tough,"Strikes the foe with world-ending power."
, key )
Compiler:1881:in `checkEnumField'
Compiler:1906:in `csvEnumField!'
Compiler:397:in `pbGetCsvRecord'
Compiler:363:in `each'
Compiler:363:in `pbGetCsvRecord'
Compiler:969:in `pbCompileMoves'
Compiler:968:in `pbCompilerEachPreppedLine'
Compiler:497:in `each_line'
Compiler:497:in `pbCompilerEachPreppedLine'
Compiler:494:in `open'

This is the move itself: 355,RAGNAROK,RAGNAROK,00,100,GOD,Special,100,10,0,08,0,ef,Tough,"Strikes the foe with world-ending power."

I don't understand what went wrong. Anyone got the answer?

when you made the new type god, did you remember to add a new column and row to the scripts?

Oh and P.S. I figured out that i can make a graph in jasc paint shop pro 9 so i dont need a tileset maker anymore!

well, how long ago did you download it (and to get the latest on, go to the first page of this thread, then look at poccils sig, and find the link "pokemon essentials")

.... i don't think there IS an easer way then, click on the "fixed" box in "autonomous movement" and just click the directions you want it to movein.

also, i can see that you are not only new to pokemon essentials but also to rmxp (rpg maker xp), so heres a few links that will help you, but i ask that in the future you read some tutorials on the rmxp basics, or cheat and go to youtube and watch them instead (isn't youtube great?)

npc's tutorial: http://youtube.com/watch?v=kr3xPOsb6Xk

rmxp basics 1: http://youtube.com/watch?v=kr3xPOsb6Xk
rmxp basics 2: http://youtube.com/watch?v=I9teOd4jHeM
rmxp basics 2: http://youtube.com/watch?v=fddsid2Er8Y

a more in depth rmxp tutorial (which i suggest because it keeps you from getting confused later):
rmxp basics 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2Y_W7kD8LU
rmxp basics 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQvWaRLSy80
rmxp basics 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9nt0pPDJQ4
rmxp basics 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQNKStryrbY
rmxp basics 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCF65yAARHs
rmxp basics 6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I76ZAY6mziM

after the intro, the player's sprite does not appear on the starting area. is there something wrong?

did you remember to set he player sprite?

fudgy
June 8th, 2008, 02:45 AM
when you made the new type god, did you remember to add a new column and row to the scripts?

well, how long ago did you download it (and to get the latest on, go to the first page of this thread, then look at poccils sig, and find the link "pokemon essentials")

.... i don't think there IS an easer way then, click on the "fixed" box in "autonomous movement" and just click the directions you want it to movein.

also, i can see that you are not only new to pokemon essentials but also to rmxp (rpg maker xp), so heres a few links that will help you, but i ask that in the future you read some tutorials on the rmxp basics, or cheat and go to youtube and watch them instead (isn't youtube great?)

a more in depth rmxp tutorial (which i suggest because it keeps you from getting confused later):

thank you so much! now i can actually get good, well i already know how to map xD
but i have no clue how to script, n shiz so thank you alot! i :wub: you

yaoimutt
June 8th, 2008, 02:46 AM
Example:
"Hometown"---Route 1

looking through all your questions, i'm starting to see a pattern... please read the note.html file in the folder, it tells you how to do that, as well as some of the other things you've asked.

yeah i just did that, and copied, then pasted hte intro into the map area, but its on the bottom and it needs to load first?

um? what do you mean, "but its on the bottom and it needs to load first?"

thank you so much! now i can actually get good, well i already know how to map xD
but i have no clue how to script, n shiz so thank you alot! i :wub: you

*grabs pepper spray* great another stalker :D

i've been trying to set up the animations for each of the moves, and i suck at it, would anyone mind helping? T-T

Exiled~Shadow
June 8th, 2008, 07:32 AM
yeah got it bout a week ago... but how do i fix the editor..

P.S. How do i change the game name so its not "pokemon essentials"?

yaoimutt
June 8th, 2008, 08:07 AM
yeah got it bout a week ago... but how do i fix the editor..

P.S. How do i change the game name so its not "pokemon essentials"?

i was asking because if it was an old one there was a glitch that made the editor do wierd things, but that was a long time ago.

anyway, to change the name click on game > change title (lol, yeah, it's that easy :D)

for the editor, did you change any of the scripts? and can you get a screen shot of what happens when the error pops up? (i know you really need the help, so sorry that it takes so long, >.< )

Glitchfinder
June 8th, 2008, 09:34 AM

did you remember to set he player sprite?

You know, I don't believe I've ever looked at an "rmxp basics" tutorial. I just downloaded postality knight's edition (not an endorsement, I just didn't know the difference at the time, and this version was free), messed around until I could actually do stuff, then bought the full version. Tutorials may help, but the best way to learn is to teach yourself.

Also, congrats on your Modship at RMXP.org, Poccil!

Rageman
June 8th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Is there anyway I could make an animated title and intro?

imtheomega
June 8th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Is there anyway I could make an animated title and intro?

If u can wait a little, the next time poccil make an update of the starterkit, i will modify it to put an animated introduction/title screen.
The principle is very simple : teleport the player at the very beginning of the game on a special map where the introduction/title screen is made.

fudgy
June 8th, 2008, 02:40 PM
some one deleted my topic about my error. but here is mine from poiccil's starter kit

http://i28.tinypic.com/fp9hg5.jpg

yaoimutt
June 8th, 2008, 03:19 PM
some one deleted my topic about my error. but here is mine from poiccil's starter kit

http://i28.tinypic.com/fp9hg5.jpg

when you edited the intro, did you remember to put the set player part of the event in it?

fudgy
June 8th, 2008, 03:42 PM
i didnt edit the intro...at all.
i just deleted all the other maps, instead of the intro.

Minorthreat0987
June 8th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Does anyone know where the function that controls water reflection is located. Poccil updated water reflection and just want to update that particular function to my file without updating everything. Please help.