PDA

View Full Version : whats your fave pokemon and why

scizor_the_armoured_bug
June 13th, 2004, 11:02 PM
mine is tropius because i like grass pokemon and it is really cool looking it learns alright attacks aswell.

laterz from scizor the armoured bug

Da_Green_Teddy
June 14th, 2004, 09:29 AM
My favorite pokemon would have to be Espeon. My reasons are the fact that he is a psychic pokemon, and he has a regal yet tough look to him.

Mew9
June 14th, 2004, 10:02 AM
Hmmmm............ I've had favs in different games. Up until R/S, its been Mew. I dunno y, i just liked him (not for the legendary status, i just liked the way he looked). In R/S, i think it'd hav 2 be Latias. She ruled in my first file. O yeah, in every game i have had an Oddish in my party and he was my favorite 'mon for the longest time (longer than Mew). When people say they hate Oddish, i get mad. And wat makes me madder is when people feel that Oddish NEEDS to be evovled *cough* Frostweaver *cough*. I think Oddish is the coolest looking of all his evovled stages and he rules. Hail to Oddish.

Porygon
June 14th, 2004, 10:38 AM
You mean from the R/S available Pokmon only? Hmmm Shedinja, probably. Useless against some opponents, but invincible against most others XD

Linksocc
June 15th, 2004, 06:12 PM
It has to be Alakazam b/c of his really high special attack.

Skrin
June 15th, 2004, 07:21 PM
Well, if I had to choose my favorite pokemon, it'd be...

BLAZIKEN!! :knockedou

I mean, who wouldn't like a wingless phoinex who evolves from an explodeing chicken? :P

*Spots army of torchic-loving blaziken haters*

Uh-oh. G2G *Runs off* :bandit:

mewruler
June 15th, 2004, 11:12 PM
Mine Would have to be mew.It would have to be because he can learn all TMs. Also Because Hes Psychic and i love psychic.

Ninetales
June 16th, 2004, 12:59 AM
I have lots of favorites, and here's explanations for some of them...

Ninetales: That's where I got my username here at Pokecommunity! I like Ninetales because of its powerful flame and mysteriousness. I was drawn towards it by the Pokemon episode where Ash and friends visited a fake mansion created by Ninetales's illusions (forgot episode name). And it's a Fire-type, my third favorite type.

Gardevoir: I fell in love with Gardevoir ever since I got it in Sapphire. I love the way it looks, and it's a good Pokemon to have in the game (after you painfully evolve it from a Ralts and a Kirlia...). Sort of like Alakazam, with higher Special Defense! And Gardevoir wouldn't be a bad Pokemon to have around--especially if it would risk its life to protect its trainer...

Banette: It was my sadistic nature that drew me towards this Pokemon. I fell in love with it ever since I used it in a fanfic, where this old woman named Celia used it to constantly curse her great-granddaughter Kelsey. But other than that, I don't know why I like Banette so much...

Alakazam: I totally agree with Linksocc. Alakazam is a cool Pokemon, but I like it for more than its special attack. Alakazam would be useful for getting to places quickly because it can teleport. It's also the smartest Pokemon there is--another reason why I like it... (5000's pretty darn high for an IQ!) And it's the best Pokemon of Sabrina, my favorite trainer! And it's a Psychic-type, my favorite type! Hmmm...

Bellossom: Bellossom is so cute! And it's a good dancer too! That's why I like Bellossom, even though I don't think it's a really good Pokemon in the game because of its lousy speed and not much else...

Xatu: I like Xatu because it can predict the future, but also because of its daily routines. Wake up, stare at the sun, meditate, peek into the past and future... all day long... Huh, wish I could do that... Meditite would have also been my favorite Pokemon, but there's something about Xatu I like better. It has a better appearance, better attacks, and it's a bird and I like birds...

Hypno: I fell in love with Hypno when I got it as my best Pokemon in Yellow. Without it, I couldn't have beaten the Elite 4! I also like Hypno for its hypnotic abilities, far superior to that of any other Pokemon I know of... I kind of got mad when I heard that Hypno is not a good Pokemon in the game because of its lousy speed, but who cares? And it doesn't appear in Ruby/Sapphire... Darn! Oh well, I always liked Hypno anyways!

Misdreavus: I like Misdreavus because of its mischievous personality and its cute and mysterious appearance. I sort of wish Misdreavus would have better attacks in the game, but... I immediately fell in love with it when I saw it in Pokemon Stadium 2. And it's a Ghost-type, my second favorite type!

Dragonair: This is my only favorite Pokemon that isn't fully evolved. That's because I like Dragonair's appearance more than Dragonite's... Dragonair looks more mysterious, and I like mysterious Pokemon. It's a Dragon-type, my fourth favorite type! I also like the way it moves when it flies--it just floats in the air. The spheres on its neck and tail must be awfully pretty too... Dragonite seems too much of a "musclehead" to me anyways, and well, too stereotypical... Sorry if I offended you Dragonite lovers... :disappoin

I like those Pokemon so much that I put them all in my new Pokedex (except for Banette), and I even created evolved forms for some of them!

Mew9
June 16th, 2004, 08:25 AM
Hey, w/ not evolving Draginair, i'm da same. My friends say i'm a freak for not usin Dragonite, but i'm not alone. In red i used the my unlimited rare candies 2 get dragonair up from level 31 to 100, pressing b every time. that was annoying.

Kabutops
June 17th, 2004, 09:43 PM
My favorate pokemon is obvious... Kabutops :) he/she is my fave cause it has the "mess with me and u'll need a new face/head" type of look :) and its got cool scythes for hands... :P

Simon
June 17th, 2004, 11:07 PM
Erm...I dunno. Probably Alakazam? It's got super high Sp. Atk., very fast, and can learn all Elemental Punches.

pokejungle
June 18th, 2004, 09:08 AM
My favorite Pokemon is probably....

SHIFTRY!!

I love shiftry...learns AWESOME moves, is dark AND grass.....what Poke could stand against it?

flygonruler1
June 18th, 2004, 09:12 AM
I whould Say.....hmmmmmm FLYGON!
Because of its looks,and stats
think about have you ever had one in your party?They rock!

pokejungle
June 18th, 2004, 09:18 AM
I had a flygon in my team and it sucked. I like how they look though! And they are unbeatable with their wide range of attacks!

Iveechan
June 18th, 2004, 09:35 AM
*pulles out faves list* wow, mostly humanshapes.

Hitmonchan- the Pokemon I'm associated with, so he's like my trade mark. It's a long story I've told countless times on how he became my fave so I don't feel like telling it again. I just have this emotional bond to him. And I hate when people say he looks like a girl. People say that Hitmonlee is superior because of higher attack and speed, but I still love Hitmonchan even if he doesn't have the most eye popping stats.

Machoke- cute Fighting type even though the anime tends to bastardize it. I hate when people insist that females need breasts. Even when unevolved, Machoke is still pretty good and has decent staying power for a middle guy. I tend to call mine female when I draw them.

Electabuzz- it's just so so cool and has an original design. I like drawing Electabuzz my own way with pinky white paws and more fluffiness. And in game it's a great special sweeper. Like Machoke I tend to associate Electabuzz as being female

Hariyama- yet another humanshape Pokemon I like to draw and associate with being a female. Ingame that amazing HP and attack make it formidable (fake out, ooooh), but Hariyama is also fun to draw. My ingame one is female and adamant.

Medicham- this is a Pokemon I just very recently started liking and drawing. It's neat having a Fighting type who is light and acrobatic and it reminds me of my Hitmonchik. I don't like Meditite though. I trained Medicham only once when I was doing the mono type challenge using fighting types.

Jynx- love her or hate her, Jynx is frelling awesome. She has an interesting type combo and a solid sleep move. Even though her special attack was improved in GSC, I feel Jynx was better in RBY when Psychic was strong anyway and Ice was good against common ground, flying, and grass types and Dragonite.

Exploud- it took me awhile to warm up to it, but Exploud has a very neat design and almost has a ceratopsian look to it. It's not amazingly strong but solid in the game. The design makes me think of Electabuzz, Magmar, and Nidoking, so Exploud has that nostalgic appeal to it also.

Pokemon I also like but don't feel like making paragraphs about: Flygon, Bayleef, Bulbasaur, Electrike, Houndoom, Rapidash, Golduck, Mr. Mime, Shiftry, Ludicolo, Blaziken, Breloom, Lapras, Granbull, Exeggutor

Frostweaver
June 18th, 2004, 09:37 AM
My favorite Pokemon is probably....

SHIFTRY!!

I love shiftry...learns AWESOME moves, is dark AND grass.....what Poke could stand against it?
Classical Unmentionable-S, and its brother the Unmentionable-W?

Regarding Flygon, it's a hard Pokemon to use, but if it's used well it's still very powerful due to high stats, and levitate = sweet.

katty
June 18th, 2004, 06:08 PM
in the 2nd and 1st gen(charmander)my very first starter in blue, dont know why, guess its one of ash's starters xD
3rd gen(pelipper) pelipper has always been on my side, although its not that strong but i trained it since it was level 3.

Hunnuli
June 18th, 2004, 06:45 PM
My favorite pokemon are:

Meganium- First pokemon game i played was crystal and well i had seen my bro play before me, and he used the typhlosion series and i wanted something different, and.... well chikorita was just cute :P
Anyways i just thought she was cool until i got later in the game, then i ended up relying on here defense stats heavily. Namely the ice gym.... i dunno why, but the only fire type i had was an underlvled growlithe, and the rest were ground/rock types and such.... all mine were weak vs ice except my poliwhirl... and he wasn't any help, meganium saved the day, and she was even lower lvl i think lol.

Paras/Parasect- I have always loved these guys for no particular reason...... makes me mad that shroomish can now learn his exclusive move which had always been my reason for justifying his use to others.... now they tell me to go use shroomish :(

Growlithe/Arcanine- well i am a dog trainer afterall :P aside from that growlithe is so cute.... and Arcanine looks cool :)

Shindja(sp?)- well i am sure ya'll know who i am talking about, none other then mister wonderguard :), amazing, i really like him lol. Anyways, i just wonder at the power wonderguard would have on someone like marshtop :)

Tauros- He is fast strong ,and looks really cool :P. Other then that he has always been a help to my team, and well, he can have a nasty moveset, the one i seen was to reflect/lightscreen with another pokemon and bring him out moveset of : rest/sleep talk/horn drill/fissure. you either will miss till death or really hurt the other guys party :P

Umbreon- Coolest looking evee evolution, in crystal only decent dark type, and well, she can be quite the annoyer :P

well those are my top favorite pokemon other pokemon i like are: ninetales(looks awesome),Feraligatr(who doesn't like a 7'7" tall 196 lb aligator?), Blaziken(he looks neat, but i wish he was fighting/flying instead of fire/fighting), Electabuzz is cool but i don't get to use him alot.

Iveechan
June 18th, 2004, 06:50 PM
Forgot to mention, I also like Lunatone and Nidoking.

Frostweaver
June 18th, 2004, 09:33 PM
In crystal there's Tyranitar and Houndoom already... and they can sweep like crazy O.o; Umby isn't the only decent dark types back then...

Parasect is still quite good. It still has spore, and now it got aromatherapy too. ^^;

agree @ Chikorita ^^ Meganium is the UU version of Sceptile in terms of battling though.

Arcanine is always famous and darn well usable with extremespeed and some good stats at its disposal... flamethrower and crunch helps a lot too, and intimidate is one of the best ability in the game.

Power of wonderguard > Sandstream... blah!

And thank goodness that Fish-Tauros is gone already... but now Tauros can attack by itself on its own. Good attack, good speed with intimidate.

Lunatone... one of the 6 Pokemon I actually trained in the game o.o; It's easy to handle as it can't have a gender, and the moveset is written in stone... lol

Nidoking and its megahorn bought back some popularity, but sadly it's still a UU of the metagame.

Hunnuli
June 19th, 2004, 03:18 AM
ok frostweaver but i had never seen a tyrantar till i was deep into the game(meaning umby and houndoom were the only ones i saw) adn well houndoom i had only seen a few times... and i thrashed him with meganium....

anyhow umbreon also doesnt' have a second type accompianing her such as rock in tyrantar's case(i tend to dislike pokemon with the rock type slaped on them) and in houndoom's case fire, and while i kinda like fire and such, houndoom just never seems to work for or against me, he is alright, but i'd still prefer umbreon over him, idont' like it when a grass type beats up a fire type(even if he is only part fire, he still had flamethrower*ouch*)

also i am not sure what you mean by UU, i have actually never seen it used before, i thougth at first it meant unused or underused or something but.....

pokejungle
June 19th, 2004, 06:16 PM
Tyranitar rocks!!!

Umbreon is really useful in coleseum with its high defense...

Iveechan
June 19th, 2004, 08:26 PM
Lunatone... one of the 6 Pokemon I actually trained in the game o.o; It's easy to handle as it can't have a gender, and the moveset is written in stone... lol

OMG, BAD PUN ALERT!

Nidoking and its megahorn bought back some popularity, but sadly it's still a UU of the metagame.

Probably because its stats are all around average at best and being Ground/Poison it has common weaknesses (surf, EQ, ice beam, psychic mainly). Nidoking works best ingame methinks where you can load it up with an arsenal of tm moves and blast everybody away. Still cute though.

Toothache
June 20th, 2004, 10:08 AM
Lots of favourites here, but let's go with the main ones...

Skarmory - Ever since playing Gold and Silver I've always liked the Skarmory. It's (then) new Steel type was interesting, took me a while to catch but was worth training one up. I was glad I could get him again in my Sapphire, where he became a valuable member of my squad again (and helped taking out those annoying Psychic gym leaders).

Snorlax - My favourite Normal-type. Period. Not only is Snorlax a damage sponge, give him Leftovers and he becomes even more so... I believe he also has Insomnia in LG/FR which is interesting...

Zapdos - One of the few legendaries I've always admired, mostly cos he's the two types I tend to like most - Electric AND Flying... how cool is that? Was also the hardest one I found to catch in Blue/Red, that just makes him even more worth it...

Venusaur - My very first starter was a Bulbasaur, and he just grew from strength to strength (pun not intended). Yeah, I like Grass types even though they have lots of weaknesses, but who cares... I can leech my health back, and watch out for that Sunny Day/Solarbeam...

Misdreavus - I loved my Haunter back on Blue and Red, but when I caught a new pure Ghost type, I was impressed... still my fave Ghost type, and he looks so sweet on Colosseum :-)

Scizor - I always had a hard time trying to catch a Scyther in the Safari Zone, but I managed it. Then, I got him onto my Silver, and traded to Gold, and lo and behold, he evolved :-) And was so hard... shame I've got to wait for LG/FR to get another... oh well...

Articuno - Yeah, it's another legendary bird, but it's so cool. Ice moves mean hard work for a Dragon type, and I gave him Bubblebeam to deal with any Fire types that may try to burn him down... smart move of mine I thought...

Latias10
June 20th, 2004, 04:30 PM
Intro My favorite Pokemon is Latias. I started liking her when I saw Pokemon Heros. That was this January. I saw the movie today and I love her even more.

Looks
She has s red and white body. She has odd wings. A blue triangle on her belly. She looks alot like a Dragon pokemon. Also very cute.

Stats
She is a Dragon/Psychic Pokemon. With the abilty of Levitate. Her HP and Deffense are okay. She is hast and has a good Attack, SP Attack and SP Deffense. I think she is one of the weakest legendary pokemon.

Latias
A very cute pokemon. She is a Dragon type witch I like. I also like Latios, but he is not the same. Some of her poses are great. She is gental and nice. I would say she would be a nice pokemon to own. A very caring pokemon. A great pokemon. I will always love her.

Wolfman
June 20th, 2004, 04:41 PM
i always liked hitmonlee even though he sux ***
other than him i liked:

Dragonite
salamence
crobat
charizard
feraligator

Frostweaver
June 20th, 2004, 04:50 PM
hitmonlee isn't that bad for a UU reversal user though ^_^; he's quite speedy, and stab reversal is just good... mach punch can kill other quick attackers (or damage them at least), and HP Ghost to get the ghost types! It works until you see Unmentionable W- and S

Xilion_Sword90
June 22nd, 2004, 05:07 AM
Favorites:

Charizard: Dragon-Like lizard who can roast people. Good Attack, good Speed and good Special Attack. What can I say more?

Arcanine: Another Fire Pokemon. Extreme Speed rules.

Jolteon: Good Speed and good Sp.Attack. Plus good looks

Scyther: Scythes over claws, Scyther over Scizor

Kabutops: Scythes RULE!!!!!!!!!

Poke'gangster
June 23rd, 2004, 12:30 PM
I have a couple of favorite Pokemon:

1)Jirachi what else? I like it cause it has 3 eyes. It can wish hehehe!! And it looks like a mutant Christmas tree ornament. I'ts fast. due to teleportation. I don't care about it's weak status. Though I like Doom Desire and it's ability Serene Grace.It promotes added effects!!
2) Absol. It look agile cool. I like that huge horn thing on his head. Hey what's not to like?
3) Pikachu!! Hey I have to like something classic. I liked him when I was just 5. GO PIKACHU!!!!

pokejungle
June 25th, 2004, 05:14 PM
Jarachi does not have 3 eyes.....

Delirium
June 26th, 2004, 12:01 PM
Guess! *points at dexcard*
Swablu is the cutest pkmn ever! And it evolves into a dragon, which is my favorite type!

Iveechan
June 26th, 2004, 12:33 PM
Jirachi has a third eye on its stomach. Crazy little freak...

nomed666
June 26th, 2004, 01:03 PM
my fave is absol because he is a dark type and he looks cool and can learn some powerful moves.

Frostweaver
June 26th, 2004, 02:09 PM
Jirachi's 3rd eye is not visible on the sprite though because it's closed... you have to watch the movie for that ^_^;

pokejungle
June 26th, 2004, 02:25 PM

I knew that actually...I just was posting without thinking...lol

GenoMew
June 26th, 2004, 04:25 PM
I love togepi.

Why do i love Togepi?

Well i can't make a paragraph as to why i love this Pokemon pertaining to the fact that i have not watched the Pokemon series for over 4 years nor have i played gold/silver for a long long time.

Togepi is simply just cute.

pokejungle
June 28th, 2004, 05:52 AM
I like togetic! That would be an awesome poke if it were in real life, just as a pet [non battling] kinda thing!

The Pokemaster
June 28th, 2004, 06:56 AM
My favourites in order and why:

1. Metagross: A psychic Tank of power and destruction, thats why, few pokemon look as amazing as this and barrel through most other pokemon like they arent even there, my own Metagross, Sideways, has taken out Rayquaza's in single hits and seems to walk through fire like it doesnt exist, all in all, the worlds only Psychic for the Power-Player

2. Alakazam: amazingly cool psychic type, incredible speed means theyre in and out quick as a flash and leave no enemy standing, teach it Shadow Ball and watch the other Pyschics fall, my Alakazam in red, the original Merlin, had a speed stat of 339, the Max an Alakazam can have in that version.

3. Poliwrath: simply put, the best and most varied fighting type ever, not to mention a water type 10 times better than blastoise, with massive defence, he can handle a lot thrown at him, and, if like my poliwrath Bruno, you posses the Mind Reader - DynamicPunch combo, most opponents can be floored in as little as 2 turns.

4. Dragonite: forget Salamence, Its my firm belief that if Dragonite and him clashed, Dragonite would clean house real quick, and why? the simply stunning move-pool that this monstrous but cute-faced dragon posseses, with such attack in his possible arsenal as Ice-beam and Blizzard, he can turn his greatest weakness into an awe-inspiring strength.

5: Tyranitar: A power-house dark type that, just like Dragonite, posseses quite a nice move-pool, my own Tyranitar, Albert, knows surf, and few people see it coming from a rock pokemon.

6: Regirock: I never liked legendaries until I met this guy and Regice, with a defence that you couldnt break through with a nuclear war-head and a quite varied move-pool for a rock type, he is able to do a lot of damage to anything he comes across, even a few water types if you teach it things like Thunderbolt, my only peeve is that it isnt a ground type, and is therefore susceptible to electric attacks, but at the same time this provents a x4 weakness to water, so its good and bad.

7. Regice: Like Regirock, but a special sweeper, Regice is great at fighting water types from the very moment you give him an electric move, because he can easily withstand nearly anything except fire or a powerful steel or fighting move, but keep him in the clear and any water, grass, rock, ground and sometimes even the psychic and dark family arent safe from him.

Pincushion
June 28th, 2004, 07:13 AM
Has to be SQUIRTLE, i love him he's so sweet, and i love his moves! I also like Picachu and alot of the older ones, but Squirtles deffinitly my fav!

Cool thread love to know everyones faves!

DarkAnubisX
June 28th, 2004, 07:38 AM
my fave is Absol, cause 1st of all he looks friken sweet, 2ed of all i love that every time he appears it represents a destaster comming *grin*

Pikachu Fan38
June 28th, 2004, 04:12 PM
I think Ive said this already,but my favorite
Pokemon is Pikachu.Because he acts in a really
cute way on the series.And I like the way he says
his name.

Windspeed
June 28th, 2004, 07:41 PM
My favorite pokemon would have to be .....*drumroll*.......Starmie! To be honest, I had planned on having a Starmie in my team way before I realized it was OU. Why Starmie? Well, its a dual water and psychic type, has a large movepool, and looks great. Not to mention the rainbow glowing jewel in the center. ;)

My second fave would have to be Wobbuffet.......I guess I sort of identify myself with one.......they never initiate a conflict but just respond to others as they see fit. Waaaabu-waaabu!

Others: Staryu, Meganium, Arcanine, Articuno

Frostweaver
June 28th, 2004, 08:16 PM
Wobbuffet = it's darn annoying XD And it's SOOO CUTE in the anime! Sooonansu!~ ;p

Meganium is like the least used of all grass starters... because it lacks sleep powder like Venusaur, can't sweep as well as the others and can't do a very good job of leech seed either in comparison to Sceptile (got the speed) or Venusaur (got sleep powder and defense too)...

Windspeed
June 28th, 2004, 10:13 PM
Meganium really isn't all that bad though. I use one....just not for sweeping purposes. A Meganium's base stats for its defenses are better than Sceptile's and Venusaur's. Its speed isn't all that great, but it was made more as a tank/annoyer than a sp. sweeper anyway.

pokejungle
June 29th, 2004, 07:53 AM
If you put good attacks on it + use iron/zinc/etc it could be made into a sweeper!

I use Jirachi for my sweeper..weird...but it works!

Pincushion
June 29th, 2004, 08:19 AM
Squirtle = Cute funny, very good in battles!

pokejungle
June 30th, 2004, 05:28 AM
Squirtle is cool.....but i'm a HUGE fan of WARTURTLE!! I think I spelled that wrong....... n.n;;;