PDA

View Full Version : Let Us Be One (a love poem)

Richard Lynch
September 8th, 2007, 05:17 PM
I originally wrote this to skewer love poetry, but it seems to have taken on a life of its own... it's no doubt my most notorious poem, and I guess for good reasons. I won't explain further, since it's a poem that requires a slight bit of thought to fully understand. But only slight. ;)

Basically, it's a wicked satire on "love" and the entire concept of the "union of two souls". It is indeed meant to be sung to a loving waltz-type music, but it can pass as poetry. I hope you like it!

Let Us Be One (a love poem)

Let's be together now, dear
For the night has just begun
I am quite hungry for you
So why not let us be one?

Your taste would be complete, love
But I've cooked you far too long
You loved the wine I'm drinking
So why don’t you go along?

I can't handle all your love
And swallow it while it's whole
Instead I shall substitute
All your entrails in a bowl

You have never seemed your best
You've never looked so great
I'll read The Joy of Cooking
While your head is on my plate

I'm sorry now you're gone, dear
I would think we are quite through
Something I'll never make, though
Are reservations... for two

Ooka
September 11th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Wow Richard, I didn't know that you did poetry, well it sounds good to me.

moody_cow_
September 30th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Oh wow, I really like that! I thought it flowed quite nicely. Although i will admit that the first time I read it I didn't quite get it and was left making a confused face but then i read it again and I think i get it! If not then I've taken my own interpretation from it! =) But yes, I liked it! It could actually be taken in a number of ways I think one of them being a very ghastly way in which he's actually as serial killer who's eating his dates! Although I'm sure that's not what you were going for! Lol! Anyways, it was well written and you had to use your thinking cap to understand it which is always good! =)