PDA

View Full Version : Catching Stories/Hardest to Catch

Mew9
June 14th, 2004, 10:58 AM
I'm really frusterated now, tryin to catch a level 7 Metagross (thanz to Demonchase's codes) and can't do it. On my 20th Metagross or so. I'm usin Ultra Balls, but it ain't stayin in. Wat is the hardest Pokemon u've found to catch? Ne weird catching stories? Ne button combonations that always work when catchin guys? Just send in ur laughs, pains, or stories of frusteration to prevent me from breaking my GBA.

HellishHades
June 14th, 2004, 11:01 AM
On my Red pak I caught Mewtwo with an ordinary Pokball.

If you're having trouble catching a Metagross, you could create one instead.

Mew9
June 14th, 2004, 11:03 AM
U LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I took 4ever on Metwo b4 sayin screw it and chucked a Masterball.
I would create one but i'm 2 lazy, plus my sis is on the calc computer.

EDIT: ARGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! DATS IT! I'M BRINGIN OUT DA MASTER BALL!!!!!!!!! 41 METAGROSSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ARGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ariege
June 14th, 2004, 07:19 PM
i remember lugia was making me crazy

i had saved right in front of him and battled him with a lvl 60(the lowest in my party). i forget which pokemon i used but it was really getting on my nerves the way hed die in 2 hits. i finally got lucky with a critical hit and took it down enough to catch it

Da_Green_Teddy
June 15th, 2004, 05:36 AM
On my lugia, I just threw a master ball cause i had tons of them.
I don't even want to start about catching that darn Feebas. I borrowed my friends Ruby since i didn't have one, and it took me five days and i still didn't catch it. However, I went to dewford and changed the trend to torchic ball like it says to do in the FAQ and i caught about 4 within minutes of searching! Now i'm gonna have to go through all that again on my ruby when i get one becasue my friend is moving so i can't trade him :dead:
Oh, BTW, I found a button combination that worked 99% of the time. The moment you throw the ball hold A and B, and when it opens, hold A and UP. That should catch 'em :)

Mew9
June 15th, 2004, 08:36 AM
Yeah, based on the stories i've heard i've never even tried @ catching Feebas. Thanz for da button combo. I'll try it out.

Fox_Die
June 15th, 2004, 08:58 AM
On pkmn ruby I cn't catch latios, I got its HP down really low, but he keeps breaking out of the ultra balls/grat ball/pokeball/timerballs/every darn ball. It drives me mad, and I cnnt't use a master ball, cuz I used it to catch rayuqaza(sp)

Mew9
June 15th, 2004, 09:04 AM
Hence my Metagross. Don't no wat 2 tell ya. U could raise ur guys 2 super high levels and throw dat ball dat captures weaker 'mon, try green teddys button trick, use mean look and then put Latios 2 sleep and catch it that way, or use mean look and prolong the battle for a super long time and use the timer ball. None of that worked on my Metagross (probably 'cause its hacked), so i just used one of my 90 master balls :)

IceKitten
June 15th, 2004, 12:06 PM
All I have to say is w00t for the 99 Master Balls cheat by Action Replay

Fox_Die
June 15th, 2004, 12:13 PM
Well I could use a cheat, exeppt that I don't use cheats, it ruins the game

IceKitten
June 15th, 2004, 12:19 PM
Well in the Sapphire I didn't cheat on, I had to use my master ball on Latias, I couldn't be bothered getting a Sableye or Swellow, bah

Deoxys55
June 15th, 2004, 12:28 PM
When Catching Latias, it took me 40 out of 99 ultra balls and a team of Wombuffet to get it on full health.. >_<

lil' jose
June 15th, 2004, 12:31 PM
The pokemon that was the biggest pain in the butt for me to catch was: Pikachu in sapphire!
The reason was because he cept on breaking out of the ball and he never ran away and I ran out of ballS!

Da_Green_Teddy
June 15th, 2004, 12:54 PM
Pikachu LOL Who would have thought such a weak little pokemon could give you a hard time!

IceKitten
June 15th, 2004, 12:54 PM
You are joking? I caught Pikachu in one go when I encountered it

Mew9
June 15th, 2004, 07:05 PM
I think da catchin system is based on luck once their low on HP and r asleep. Cause i'm REALLY unlucky. My Pokedex shows it.

Mudkip84
June 16th, 2004, 03:25 PM
On pkmn ruby I cn't catch latios, I got its HP down really low, but he keeps breaking out of the ultra balls/grat ball/pokeball/timerballs/every darn ball. It drives me mad, and I cnnt't use a master ball, cuz I used it to catch rayuqaza(sp)

Use high level pokemon use nest weaken Latios first that`s what I did

Simon
June 16th, 2004, 08:30 PM
A level 3 Gengar.

And on the sidenote...stop calling me demonchase. In almost every post you've mentioned me you refer to me as demonchase. It's demonchaos.

Mew9
June 17th, 2004, 06:56 AM
Did u shark it? Dumb question. I think sharked guys r harder 2 catch. it took me 33 luxury balls to catch a level 2 Porygon.

Frostweaver
June 17th, 2004, 08:42 AM
Did u shark it? Dumb question. I think sharked guys r harder 2 catch. it took me 33 luxury balls to catch a level 2 Porygon.
No... all Pokemon has a certain constant value assigned to each Pokemon regarding being captured. Umbreon knows how to run too ;p

There is a catching formula, but I never bothered with it because as if it matters... all catches are easy. Wobbuffet pawns ;p

Simon
June 17th, 2004, 11:28 AM
Lux Balls are just the same thing as Pokeballs with an added effect. I caught the Gengar with 1 Ultra Ball.

katty
June 18th, 2004, 06:26 PM
my hardes one was latios, lucky for me all the other ones was hella easy. it took me 4ever to track him down in ruby & sapphire, just didn't have enough expirience. the most lucky one i'd say is rayquaza, caught it with an ultra ball at the hp not even red(orange) while its using fly.

Jirachi
June 19th, 2004, 04:54 AM
My hardest was Rayquaza in Sapphire, it took me 274 Ultra Balls.

Axl
June 23rd, 2004, 12:06 PM
i spent ages trying to catch suicune in crystal. i saved before encountering it so i would have loads of chances and i needed them! at one stage i got real annoyed and chucked any kind of ball randomly, and the heavy ball worked first time!!

Poke'gangster
June 23rd, 2004, 12:18 PM
The hardest Pokemon for me to catch was Chansey!! I felt like burning my Gameboy!! And once I threw an Ultra ball at a lv. 2 Zigzagoon and it escaped from it's Pokeball. Don't you just hate it when you trade records with your friends on the TV on your friends Gameboy it says. (insert name here) wasted (number) of (type of Pokeball) trying to catch (name of pokemon) and (he or she) made it (faint or ran away) Hhahaha. I hate it when that happens!!

LilLatias
June 23rd, 2004, 12:18 PM
My hardest catch was my Latias in Sapphire. I missed getting the Master Ball in the Lilycove Cave (or whatever it's called) so I had to chase her all over Hoenn. I tried putting her to sleep with my Gloom, but she ran any way. So I paralized her but it still took me days to track her down and catch her. And she just wouldn't stop going to the ocean and Mauville City! She drove me crazy! I eventually caught her a bit south of Mauville after days and days of tracking her.
Thanks for that pokeball tip, now maybe I'll be able to catch Regirock. He's driving me crazy!