PDA

View Full Version : What upsets you?(No flaming)

DragonTrainer
October 8th, 2003, 05:06 PM
I thought this thread was succesful in old pc, until people started flaming.Flaming will not be tolerated here.Respect others beliefs.
What upsets me is homosexuality and atheism.

Kairi
October 8th, 2003, 05:24 PM
Right there you listed the two most likely words to start a flamewar. I'll close this at the very slightest of a hint of one. I mean it, no bashing anyone else, and no debating on either topic. If I see it, it is closed for everyone.

baby*j
October 8th, 2003, 05:28 PM
Smokers :dead: I dislike people who smoke, they are killing themselves
and intoxicating their surroundings and the air. Smoking is a bad habit (aswell
as an addiction) but smokers could quit if they really wanted to.

Homosexuality ... why do people still have problems with it ?

Its 2003 ... the world is supposed to be advanced. BTW, what is "flaming" ?

Dizzy
October 8th, 2003, 05:30 PM
Fighting Back , Giving Bad Remarks , basically picking a fight , thats what flame means.

DragonTrainer
October 8th, 2003, 05:33 PM
OK sorry for posting that, but I had to say it.Guys, we mean it, DO NOT FLAME OTHERS FOR WHAT THEY BELIEVE.I think if we can hold back from flaming, this may be a good thread.

baby*j
October 8th, 2003, 05:33 PM
Thanks Dizzy.

I forgot,

The thing that upsets me the most in the world is racist people.

Its just sheer stupidity and ignorance.

DragonTrainer
October 8th, 2003, 05:38 PM
Yeah I agrre with you.I absolutely despise racism.And I also dislike homework.The true question is, who does like homework?

latiosspud
October 8th, 2003, 05:41 PM
Yeah I agrre with you.I absolutely despise racism.And I also dislike homework.The true question is, who does like homework?
Well I don't like it but I don't dislike it either.

Dizzy
October 8th, 2003, 05:46 PM
i dont have homework so i cant comment.

Haruka
October 8th, 2003, 05:47 PM
These things make me upset or put me in tears (normal for females. :P)
Racism
Gay Marriage... (I am against it... I don't think gay people should have the right to marry each other... my sence... it's discusting)
Disrespecting Homosexuals (You have no right to make fun of gay/lesbian people.. it's their choice)
Saying bad things about me (Popularity kind of thing)
Anti-Pokemon and Anti-Yu-gi-oh

Haruka
October 8th, 2003, 05:48 PM
I like homework... I personally think Homework help you learn and review the things you do in class..

That is a thing that a geek would say. :P

latiosspud
October 8th, 2003, 05:50 PM
I like homework because it makes me have a high average compared to every else who don't do their homework. That's the only reason though...

Dizzy
October 8th, 2003, 05:53 PM
Haruka is right , While your not supposed to make fun of Gay/Lesbians , the Shouldnt have the right to marry. Its not right.

Igglybuddy
October 8th, 2003, 07:04 PM
*shrugs* How is a married couple different from a common-law couple? Essentially, they aren't. Why not let them get married? Love is love, kids. And while I'm guilty of hypocrisy, same as everyone...isn't denying homosexuals the ability to marry rather like discriminating against them? I don't know, but when people say it annoys them that people disrespect homosexuals, and then go on to say that a g@y marriage would be disgusting...eh.

Anyway...the thing that bothers me most is when people discriminate against or do terrible things to women...rape, sexual assault, etc. Similarly with children and men, if it comes to it. It really, truly makes me sick and when I hear about it it makes me afraid to walk down the streets, I swear.

Religious fundamentalism really annoys me also. Not to say that it's not right to believe that the earth is six thousand years old; if that floats you boat, well, go with it. What bothers me is when these people try to get their ancient myths taught as ABSOLUTE FACT in our PUBLIC SCHOOLS. Similarly with intelligent design. Public schools are supposed to be a place where students can go where they won't have to worry about religion... You don't teach ancient greek mythology in science class, so why ancient hebrew? Ugh...

Also, when people smoke around me, or get on the bus having just smoked. The smell makes me ill--it's such a disgusting habit.

Heh, I think it's human nature to dislike homework, but it truly does help you understand the concepts better if you do it. *shrugs*

Let's see...racism and other forms of discrimination, as I've mentioned earlier, irk me also. Most things born from hatred and ignorance bother me, it seems.

Okay...one final thing. When people try to blame the video game/entertainment industry for all of society's ills. It doesn't work that way--if there's anyone to blame, it's the parents who don't impress upon their children the difference between FANTASY and REALITY...and the media, turning the U.S. into a society of fear. Have you ever seen a news show here in Canada? In the states, it's like 'murdermurdermurderdrunkdriverbreakinpedophilefearfearmorefear', whereas in Canada, it's like, 'Chretien is a wanker! Now let's look at some cute kitties!'.

...so...DON'T DO DRUGS, KIDDIES! *ding* ^_^

Hazuki-san
October 8th, 2003, 07:14 PM
1) Mean people and bullies

2) Anti-pokemon

3) Ciggarette smoke

4) Bad grades

G-LANCE
October 9th, 2003, 03:01 AM
Thanks Dizzy.

I forgot,

The thing that upsets me the most in the world is racist people.

Its just sheer stupidity and ignorance.

i was so shocked at the amount of racists at my school, there used to it in korea but im from the good old US of A where racism (at least in california) is just plain wrong!

i felt sorry for the kids who are being oppressed but considering my current social status there isn't much i can do about it...

DragonTrainer
October 9th, 2003, 04:41 AM
Yeah racism is just plain wrong.No one should care what color you are, just who you ore.And well, homosexuality is just plain wrong.For those who believe in god, it's a sin, not to mention disgusting

Keitaro
October 9th, 2003, 05:38 AM
Heartless people, there are lot of them out there believe it or not.

22sa
October 9th, 2003, 05:40 AM
The liers, the hypocrites, and the annoying... Doesn't mean I hate these types of people, they just upset me.

Tsukushi-chan
October 9th, 2003, 06:04 AM
I lot of things get me upset. ^^; Then again, I'm not that happy of a person. XD *chuckle*

Homophobes, racism, people you wave their religion is the best and all others are cults, politics, girls at my school, being made fun of, seeing my sister sick. :(

That's all I'll say. o_O I do have a feeling somebody's gonna say something that's gonna tick somebody else off. *sighs*

orange*berry
October 9th, 2003, 10:47 AM
Mean, selfish people, racists, people who abuse bunnies and squeeze the life out of hamsters, anger, hatred, lack of sleep...
Otherwise I'm pretty cheerful. n.n()

Dizzy
October 9th, 2003, 10:50 AM
I hate people who hate the color pink

Haruka
October 9th, 2003, 11:39 AM
*shrugs* How is a married couple different from a common-law couple? Essentially, they aren't. Why not let them get married? Love is love, kids. And while I'm guilty of hypocrisy, same as everyone...isn't denying homosexuals the ability to marry rather like discriminating against them? I don't know, but when people say it annoys them that people disrespect homosexuals, and then go on to say that a g@y marriage would be disgusting...eh.

Anyway...the thing that bothers me most is when people discriminate against or do terrible things to women...rape, sexual assault, etc. Similarly with children and men, if it comes to it. It really, truly makes me sick and when I hear about it it makes me afraid to walk down the streets, I swear.

Religious fundamentalism really annoys me also. Not to say that it's not right to believe that the earth is six thousand years old; if that floats you boat, well, go with it. What bothers me is when these people try to get their ancient myths taught as ABSOLUTE FACT in our PUBLIC SCHOOLS. Similarly with intelligent design. Public schools are supposed to be a place where students can go where they won't have to worry about religion... You don't teach ancient greek mythology in science class, so why ancient hebrew? Ugh...

Also, when people smoke around me, or get on the bus having just smoked. The smell makes me ill--it's such a disgusting habit.

Heh, I think it's human nature to dislike homework, but it truly does help you understand the concepts better if you do it. *shrugs*

Let's see...racism and other forms of discrimination, as I've mentioned earlier, irk me also. Most things born from hatred and ignorance bother me, it seems.

Okay...one final thing. When people try to blame the video game/entertainment industry for all of society's ills. It doesn't work that way--if there's anyone to blame, it's the parents who don't impress upon their children the difference between FANTASY and REALITY...and the media, turning the U.S. into a society of fear. Have you ever seen a news show here in Canada? In the states, it's like 'murdermurdermurderdrunkdriverbreakinpedophilefearfearmorefear', whereas in Canada, it's like, 'Chretien is a wanker! Now let's look at some cute kitties!'.

...so...DON'T DO DRUGS, KIDDIES! *ding* ^_^
If they allow gay marrages.. Then the human population would be going down... not up...

heh... nuff said... not to offend you. :P

and I am not against gay people.

baby*j
October 9th, 2003, 12:20 PM
And well, homosexuality is just plain wrong.For those who believe in God,its a sin,not to mention disgusting.

Well, I used to believe in God when I was small, but entering my teenage
years I found myself questioning if there really is one. I'm not saying I DON'T
believe in God, I'm just not sure where I stand on the matter.

Anyhow, I thought God said things like : Love eachother, we're all brothers
and sisters

... things like that. How can we hate people just because they have
a different sexual preference from most others ? We ALL have feelings
and NO DOUBT it hurts homosexuals when people don't accept them,
or make fun of them or beat them up because they like members of the
same sex.

Doesn't it matter how we are a people ? In the inside ???

orange*berry
October 9th, 2003, 02:03 PM
I hate people who hate the color pink

Oh, me too! I don't know how many times Iv heared, 'Don't make this layout pink! Your going to scare all the guys away from the site!'. e_e Hooeeeiii...

Dizzy
October 9th, 2003, 02:04 PM
Pink isnt just a girls color FYI , its a color , colors are for everyone! I like Pink , dont discriminate me.

DragonTrainer
October 9th, 2003, 03:40 PM
Is anyone dissing pink?Pink rules!BTW, I don't hate homsexuals, I just don't like the idea of homosexuality

squirtle_girl
October 19th, 2003, 06:29 PM
Well, I used to believe in God when I was small, but entering my teenage
years I found myself questioning if there really is one. I'm not saying I DON'T
believe in God, I'm just not sure where I stand on the matter.

Anyhow, I thought God said things like : Love eachother, we're all brothers
and sisters

... things like that. How can we hate people just because they have
a different sexual preference from most others ? We ALL have feelings
and NO DOUBT it hurts homosexuals when people don't accept them,
or make fun of them or beat them up because they like members of the
same sex.

Doesn't it matter how we are a people ? In the inside ???

I think you are absolutely right, baby*j. Just because some people are in love with people of their same gender doesn't mean they should be looked down upon. I also dislike racism(can't we all just get along?), stereotype(you know, like the all girls talk too much, etc.), people who smoke(I think I'll die of 2nd hand smoking one day), copy cats, and school work(it's just too tiring) :P.

Timbjerr
October 19th, 2003, 06:41 PM
I hate the color pink >.<
And I also hate homework...the teachers only give it to us to make the lazy people look dumb, it's discriminatory against smart and lazy people like me...

other things I take offense to (not necessarily hate):
1) people who call me stupid (yeah, I'm in the top 15% of my class, and you're calling me stupid?)
2)people who call me gay (just because I never "get some" doesn't mean I'm not attracted to girls, it just means I'm abstaining unti I'm older)

Sturm
October 19th, 2003, 06:53 PM
me? I hate...anti-pokemon...they say they hate pokemon but they didn't even play the game...heh.

Igglybuddy
October 19th, 2003, 08:27 PM
If they allow gay marrages.. Then the human population would be going down... not up...

heh... nuff said... not to offend you. :P

and I am not against gay people.

Um, what about all the heterosexual partners who decide not to have children? If you're against homosexual marriages because they won't necessarily result in procreation, then maybe it should be mandatory to have children in a heterosexual marriage. And I don't know about you, but I'd never get married then.

Besides, I think the number of homosexuals in a population is 8% or something (feel free to correct me, I'm not really sure). So even if all heterosexual couples were getting together and having children, that's not really a huge dent in the possible birth rate.

Personally, I'd LIKE to see the human population go down. We're destroying the environment and consuming resources insatiably...the last thing this planet needs is yet MORE hairless ape virii (yes, I agree with Agent Smith's description of human beings...).

And like I said...love is love. Sex is secondary (I'm guessing that's what some of you are considering 'disgusting'); the need for it can be conveniently replaced with other things, but a true life partner, someone you can trust your life with, feel utterly comfortable with and depend upon in any situation--whatever your gender preference--cannot be replaced with anything at all.

Love is love.

Kairi edit: Yes I took that out, it could upset people. Sorry. ^_^;

Lanceiscool
October 20th, 2003, 05:29 AM
One of my heroes, Marlyn von Savant, was once told that someone said " If everyone in the world was gay starting today, we would die out. Therefore, being gay is wrong." She responded by saying "If everyone in the world was male starting today, we would die out. Therefore, being male is wrong. Since it is not wrong to be male, it is not wrong to be gay."

Lucifer
October 20th, 2003, 06:19 AM
One of my heroes, Marlyn von Savant, was once told that someone said " If everyone in the world was gay starting today, we would die out. Therefore, being gay is wrong." She responded by saying "If everyone in the world was male starting today, we would die out. Therefore, being male is wrong. Since it is not wrong to be male, it is not wrong to be gay."

That's a bit stupid if you ask me. Seeing as we exist as male and female, and homosexuality only exists within a person. If I saw the person who made that statement I'd give them a battering for being so stupid. :dead:

I can't stand smokers. I think they deserve to die after ignoring all the warnings they get to quit. Take that as harsh if you like. I really don't care. Ho hum.

latiosspud
October 20th, 2003, 01:43 PM
If everyone was female we would die out too so that doesn't really make much sense.

Dizzy
October 20th, 2003, 02:04 PM
Lanceiscool - are you gay? just wondering. i wont make fun of you if you are but im not saying you are.

ChocolateFairy
October 20th, 2003, 02:52 PM
smokers disturb me...and i get upset when sad things happen in life to ppl who dont diserve to be crying there eyes out or die or get hurt or something..

Igglybuddy
October 20th, 2003, 06:02 PM
Kairi edit: Yes I took that out, it could upset people. Sorry. ^_^;

Err, took what out? My post doesn't seem any different. o_O

Dizzy
October 20th, 2003, 06:07 PM
What Did you Put ..? Im sure i couldnt have been that bad .

Lanceiscool
October 21st, 2003, 04:29 AM
Lanceiscool - are you gay? just wondering. i wont make fun of you if you are but im not saying you are.

No, I'm not, I just don't like people who are biased against gays. I also don't like people who are biased for any reason. It is weird, the less biased I try to be, the more biased I become against people who are biased.

Frostweaver
October 21st, 2003, 03:00 PM
i am against homosexuality myself (not gay, but homosexuality). but that doesn't mean i discriminate them. Due to my religious beliefs, i am against it and personally i don't think it's morally right to do so as well. However we're not suppose to just dump them in a corner so they'll just continue to live this way, but try to guide them back to the right path if possible... i hate homosexuality, but not homosexual people.

other things i hate: society, sl*ts (these morons should be "cursed" *i actually meant the more offensive version of the word here* for life), people who are disrespectful, people who do the exact opposite of what you want them to do with you, people who brings you down because of their stupidity, and people (who doesn't know what they're doing) who try to be a superior leader over all others.

Lanceiscool
October 22nd, 2003, 04:30 AM
[QUOTE=frostweaver]i am against homosexuality myself (not gay, but homosexuality). but that doesn't mean i discriminate them. Due to my religious beliefs, i am against it and personally i don't think it's morally right to do so as well. However we're not suppose to just dump them in a corner so they'll just continue to live this way, but try to guide them back to the right path if possible... i hate homosexuality, but not homosexual people.

S/He's got something here. You are free to be against homosexuality, but do not treat people badly for that reason.

22sa
October 22nd, 2003, 05:38 AM
You can ban homosexual marriage but you can't change two people's feelings for each other.

I'm against homosexuality itself, but if you actually talk to a homosexual/bisexual person, you'll see they're really fine humans.

Haruka
October 22nd, 2003, 12:03 PM
Well, I am only against Gay and Lesbian Marrage. Well, It's not your right to marry the same gender. You have no freedom to marry a person that has the same gender as you do. It's just not right and it's discusting btw.

:P

Iveechan
October 22nd, 2003, 01:00 PM
You know what upsets me? All of these ignorant, homophobic children. You can't control homosexuality, it is part of who you are. Being against gays is the same as being racist and being against the mentally ill. They can't help it, so being against it is cruel.

Gay marriage... go for it I say. Like what Keleri said, who cares if the population dips? People aren't "turning gay" if that's what you fear.

Here's what else upsets me:

child abuse
animal abuse
pollution
anti-pokemon
anti-anything entertainment
homophobes *just wanted to add it again*
god-fearing christians who think everything pleasurable is a sin
anti-atheist *I'm atheist, hate me! :P*
anti-fighting type
rainforest destruction
pms
some of the people of this forum
Bush

Dizzy
October 22nd, 2003, 02:51 PM
Well I have Gay Friends and i have Bisexual Freinds and none of them care because there not getting married , Im not Homophobic but i cant picture Same Sex Sexual Intercourse , and I dont want to !

^^NICK^^ v.2.0
October 22nd, 2003, 02:57 PM
First off, soooo sorry guys. I haven't been doing my job. Thanx Kairi, you are so great! I had this project. I try...
whew. What upsets me is racism, and instagators. If ya don't know what that means, it's a person who tries to start fights.

Kayleigh
October 22nd, 2003, 02:59 PM
The only thing that I can't tolerate is anyone who would deliberately hurt a child or an animal. They're just helpless against an adult that's abusing them.

Kairi
October 22nd, 2003, 03:01 PM
First off, soooo sorry guys. I haven't been doing my job. Thanx Kairi, you are so great! I had this project. I try...
whew.

I'm flattered, certainly but why am I so great? I haven't done much in this thread besides monitor it.

Frostweaver
October 22nd, 2003, 03:20 PM
if we ignore the morality part of homosexuality, then same gender marriage should be allowed because it's just their freedom of choice.

However, the government has the responsibility to guide its citizens to do what is "right" and not do what is "wrong." For example, they make laws against drunk driving, abuse, murder and etc. That is because we shouldn't be doing these things.

Now the big debate about same gender marriage is here. Is it considered a "harmless thing" or a "bad thing?" If it's a bad thing then the government should stop it. But then some ppl don't think of it as a bad thing... so there's the argument. It's not about freedom of choice. It's about its morality, if it's morally right or wrong.

Kairi
October 22nd, 2003, 03:22 PM
Unfortunately that's a debate that has no place here. We're veering away from what upsets us, and whether homosexuality is right ot not, which happens a lot. This thread was closed last time, and it doesn't look like this one will survive too much longer.

Dizzy
October 22nd, 2003, 03:23 PM
well as long as it doesnt affect me im fine with it.

Lanceiscool
October 23rd, 2003, 04:27 AM
[QUOTE=Kairi]Unfortunately that's a debate that has no place here. We're veering away from what upsets us, and whether homosexuality is right ot not, which happens a lot. This thread was closed last time, and it doesn't look like this one will survive too much longer.

Why? I thought this was turning into a great moral debate!

Kairi
October 23rd, 2003, 05:57 AM
It hasn't turned sour thus far, however we had a topic identical to this a while back, "What offends you?". It got bad, had a spin-off specifally for homosexuality, that got closed...

Blaziken
October 23rd, 2003, 06:37 AM
I don't like the boys at school who tap on their desks with pencils. And I don't like people who put down Pokemon or anything I love. And I don't like dogs that bark too much.

Hope there's nothing offending in there.

John Denver
October 23rd, 2003, 12:45 PM
This shouldn't be closed, just yet anyway...hmm...but it was very close to it...

BOO ya!

TeNk
October 23rd, 2003, 12:50 PM
Racism is a form of another way of insulting someone that are actually better than you. I would know, I have a redneck friend... Who cares about homosexuality, it's a way of expressing themselves. Men like men because they think women are sly and evil. Women like women because they think men are nasty and disgusting... What I hate is retards in my class who think what they say actually counts and somebody cares. I hate people who say all these useless bs that happened to them, nobody cares. I also hate people who act tough but when you proceed to start fight with them, they back off like a little pansy. Also, rape. I don't hate homework because I never do it. I also hate lots of people like some on PC who will be unmentioned. They hate me back anyways. Seems like a useless rant that nobody will care to read but I like to waste my life away because I'm such a tard with no ambition, no hope for future. I also hate myself.

Kairi
October 23rd, 2003, 12:56 PM
Tone it down there please. A little too much detail on why.

This topic is what makes me angry. >=/

Haruka
October 23rd, 2003, 12:57 PM
Lock it... not a mother approved topic.

Kairi
October 23rd, 2003, 12:59 PM
The topic itself isn't bad. It's just people can too far, and they attack the people who say that things they believe in upset them. You should not counter no matter what upsets them.

DragonTrainer
October 23rd, 2003, 01:01 PM
Ok, you can go ahead and lock it.I just thought that this time the people wouldn't get all angry and stuff, but I can see that I was proven wrong.

Kairi
October 23rd, 2003, 01:02 PM
I'm going to give it one more chance, but yes this has always been problematic.

TeNk
October 23rd, 2003, 01:04 PM
Right Kairi... Sorry... And for Haruka: Well, some protective mothers won't allow it but most of them will so it's fine. I hate hypocrites although I'm one myself, which is the reason I hate myself which links to another reason why I hate something. I also hate my parents.

Imakuni?
February 5th, 2004, 02:03 PM
please close this topic please....

Kairi
February 5th, 2004, 02:08 PM
This was very, very old. Why did you revive it? *closed*