PDA

View Full Version : Are you still into Pokémon?

Hideki~kun
September 17th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Do you still play it, do you still like it, ect.
Yeah, I still play & like it but I haven't really played Diamond properly in a while.

Anti
September 17th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Pokemon IMO saw a great decline in D/P...it lost its charm. I only play advance for competitive battling, and since very few people play that these days...I'm slowly drifting away, but I'll always be a fan.

Team Poison
September 17th, 2007, 01:12 PM
If I did not like Pokémon anymore why am I a member of this site!

Hideki~kun
September 17th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Because there's alot more to this site then Pokémon, that's why it's awesome.
But yeah, I dunno, I just hope they make a more enjoyable 5th Gen.

Bishopk
September 17th, 2007, 01:14 PM
I don't like pokémon anymore, that's why i come here

EmeraldSky
September 17th, 2007, 01:18 PM
I like the games, yes, but the anime lost its touch when the voices changed.

Hideki~kun
September 17th, 2007, 01:19 PM
I haven't really enjoyed the Animé since the first season, XD.
It gave Pokémon a bad name, IMO.

Anti
September 17th, 2007, 01:22 PM
You can say that again...maybe if the show was better I would be more interested in pokemon...so battling has to do it for me.

Astinus
September 17th, 2007, 01:23 PM
There are times when I do drift away from Pokemon and go to other games/fandoms. I always wonder why I don't just leave the Pokemon fandom forever. Just turn my back on it and walk away. But there's always something that draws me back to Pokemon. I blame the Pikachu plushie in my pocket. :0

As I said, there are times when I head elsewhere. Like Kingdom Hearts. <3 Too much time playing those games. XD

Wish
September 17th, 2007, 01:24 PM
The anime lost its touch when they changed the original voice cast. The games get boring when you finish it. The online capabilities help a little bit but other then that It lost its touch since then.

Incinermyn
September 17th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Do you know what you're saying? Of course I (along with basically all other members of these forums) am still into Pokemon. Granted, I lost most of my interest for the anime years ago and my fandom wavered a little more towards other game series I'm into just before the US D/P release, but I am still a fan of the games and also working on some fanfiction pieces.

Shiraishi
September 17th, 2007, 01:26 PM
The online capabilities were the answers to my dreams. I shall play pokemon until it dies completely.

Hideki~kun
September 17th, 2007, 01:27 PM
There's actually a few people on these forums that don't like it, (eg. Matt, My sister...)

Incinermyn
September 17th, 2007, 01:34 PM
There's actually a few people on these forums that don't like it, (eg. Matt, My sister...)

You know, there may also have been those who were like them, then, after a while, got back into the series. I mean, it's not like people always abandon a series forever.

Aegis
September 17th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Well, I don't hate Pokemon, but I don't love it. The anime has gone way down hill, and the games are getting a tad repetitive.

Team Poison
September 17th, 2007, 01:41 PM
You know, there may also have been those who were like them, then, after a while, got back into the series. I mean, it's not like people always abandon a series forever.

True its just like the Power Rangers there is still a force that drags you back to like when I watched Pokémon I'm like wow I want to catch the only Mewtwo in the world and use its power to destroy the world leaders so this planet can go back to normal!

Persona
September 17th, 2007, 01:52 PM
I'm beginning to shift away from the video games, they got too addiciting for me, as in, it took up much of time. Eventually, I got quite bored with the same formula in the video games, and that's why I hardly have interest these days. I realised that the recent pokémon games have shared dissatisfaction to purchasers, but magically, every one of them remain to sell many copies, probably one of the reasons why Nintendo decides not to alter anything. It's a shame that none of the recent games seemed to have that classic feel anymore.

Lone--Wanderer
September 17th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Yeah, I still like it, though I don't do anything actively in the community. The designs and concept are just too...spiffy to leave behind.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
September 17th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Yes I am. I maybe turning 16 but I am still a hardcore fan. i know a lot of people that stopped liking it because they think that its for little kids and its not. Its for anything and anyone. Hey and if I didn't like Pokemon why would I be on this site

:t354:TG

Waffle-San
September 17th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Well i personnaly loved D/P, Mt. Coronent but the plotw as interesting enough, maybe not as quality as the rest but it was still good. But would i really love is the new pokemon and moves, maybe not so much the sinnoh Dex. pokemon but your Electivire's Togekiss's and Tangrowths.

I like growth on original ideas.

JX Valentine
September 17th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Pokemon IMO saw a great decline in D/P...it lost its charm.

Word. I'm pretty much the same here. I'm heavily dissatisfied with the fourth gen (for various reasons that would result in a long rant) as well as, for that matter, some of the people in fandom and am sort of drifting away. Still clinging to some slivers of fandom, though, like fanfiction (as long as I don't go on FFNet).

If I did not like Pokémon anymore why am I a member of this site!

Because PC is laced with crack.

diamondpearl876
September 17th, 2007, 03:47 PM
I'm an on and off fan.. I'll stop being interested for a few months, pick up a game again and instantly get hooked.

Obito.
September 17th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Yep, Pokemon is the best thing ever

but the anime got really bad after Season 5 and it got even worse at battle frontier. yuck!

but its still the best Tv show ever!

Radikaru
September 17th, 2007, 04:43 PM
I love it just as much as I did back in 1996 or so (or was it 95? I don't remember) when Green and Red came out in Japan and I imported them. <3

20 years old now and still a Pokénerd. xD

AS V.1
September 17th, 2007, 05:48 PM
I play the games, they're like they're made for me even though I'm "too old" for it. The anime, I haven't paid attention to since Season One, but I'm watching all the D/P episodes.

Azonic
September 17th, 2007, 05:53 PM
I still like it. I'm gonna like it for a long time. And BTW if users hate pokemon, why would they join this forum???

Sammi
September 17th, 2007, 05:57 PM
I still like it. I'm gonna like it for a long time. And BTW if users hate pokemon, why would they join this forum???

They're probably the spammers. ;p

Anyway, I'm kind of interested in it still. I don't play as often as I should, but I do enjoy it when I play it. I don't touch the anime with a ten foot pole anymore, but I enjoy watching the first season, if only for nostalgia's sake. I'm not as hardcore as I used to be, but that's okay. It happens.

Drew
September 17th, 2007, 06:03 PM
The whole Sinnoh thing hasn't really done it for me yet.
Since the voice cast changed I haven't enjoyed the dub as well,
not to mention that fact that Hikari/Dawn annoys me, and DP's episodes
aren't as good as I had originally hoped they would be.

And the DP games aren't pulling me in like I thought they would either.
I haven't played Pearl in a few months..
Granted, I'am thinking about picking it up again one of these days.

I still like Pokemon, but I seem to be sticking to stuff pre-D/P.

Gachaking
September 17th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Being a High School student, I've long drifted away from my Pokemon(or at least the games) fandom, probably as a result of the RSE generation lacking so much, along with the 4th Gen to less extent, but there are other reasons. The anime(as if you could even call it that) is completely bleh, rehashing the ever-so-recycled process of Ash and his little band of miscreants going on their seemingly never-ending journey for..well, I don't even know; they WERE supposed to be "catching them all," but that seems to have died out, and they're just doing the same thing over and over which is running into _____, a Pokemon or trainer with a problem, and helping them solve whatever problem, sending Team Rocket whomfgblastingoffagain:D for about the trillionth time in the process, then rinse and repeat, and you've got another 5,000 episodes on your hands. I concur, the show gave the franchise a completely horrendous reputation around the world, it's about time they scrapped it. The mangas are better, but there are much better titles than them, even in the Shonen genre. So yeah, I'm not a fan anymore of the franchise. At all.

Tamaki
September 17th, 2007, 06:28 PM
duhh, im still into it! why else would i be a member of this site?

Houndour2005
September 18th, 2007, 12:00 AM
Yes, but not as much as few years ago.

Thanatopsis
September 18th, 2007, 12:01 AM
Yes, but not as much as few years ago.
That would be my case as well.

pokemon_mistress
September 18th, 2007, 12:34 AM
You don't even get the anime where I live now but I'm still a huge fan. Of course all games get boring when you finish it, what do you think?

Games aren't supposed to go on forever. Like animal crossing is a never-ending game but you get bored of it because of its never-endingness.

I think Pokemon seems to be getting boring because pokemon came out in 1995 and we were all much younger then. We had more enthusiasm, we were easly addicted to things, we were mere children. But now that we've all grown up we are seeing things differently, however things have actually stayed the same or have got better.

I personally think diamond and pearl were the best games, judging from my younger sibling's reactions. But I liked the classic ones. Its all the same with my friends and I can see it all on here.

We've all grown up, that's just the problem.

シーツー
September 18th, 2007, 12:47 AM
Yes, I still like it, but in all the years I´ve played it, there were times I was really sick of Pokemon. I think that´s normal, when you played 8 years Pokemon and sometimes you didn´t like it.
Of course when it came out here (in 1999), it was more popular than today and the games made more fun.
Diamond and Pearl weren´t bad but I guess, the first once werer better.
But like Pokmon_Mistress said, it has something to do with growing up.

pokemon_mistress
September 18th, 2007, 01:57 AM
it was much more popular, but things don't last forever. Like the latest craze is bebo right now, soon it'll die out.

However things cn come popular again, but since I'm in high school now I don't think it'll happen here. Being a child, everything seemed fun.

To Write Love On Her Arms
September 18th, 2007, 02:28 AM
well, I havent really be watching the show that much anymore but im still adicted to the games so that would have to be a yes.

~NeonFire~
September 18th, 2007, 08:19 AM
I'm not as into it as I used to be, but I plan to ask for all the boxed sets (seasons only, not individual releases) and the 10th anniversary discs for Christmas so I can get back to watching my favorite show. The only time it airs on television is during school hours on YTV so I can't watch it then.

Willbey
September 18th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Once i was playing on my pokemon sapphire, defeted elite4 and have nothing to do... One day i was bored and i played on my pokemon sapphire, but the saved file was goen! I almost forgot pokemon until one day..

It was christmas. I saw a little square box on the table and i opened it. I thought there was choclate in the box but it was not choclate, it was pokemon pearl! I opened my DS and played it for 4 hours...

And now, i'm a huge pokemon fan!

pokemon_mistress
September 18th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Another reason why we are thinking pokemon is getting boring is because we dont have the support that we used to long ago.

Pokemon was a huge craze and everyone praised you and treated you like god if you had rare pokemon cards or something.

Nowadays, you don't have that support, enthusiasm anymore. So you gotta support yourself, which is kinda hard for some people.

I miss those old days. :)

Anti
September 19th, 2007, 12:08 PM
Well, when I was little, the thing I loved were the cards...now they slapped "ex" on everything...charizard ex, salamence ex, etc. So that ruined it, and I lost interest in pokemon. Then, my friend introduced me to the newest game that had come out, pomemon blue and red, and I loved attempting, key word-attempting, to "catch 'em all." Then, I finally beat it and left it for Mom to sell...but then ruby and sapphire come along. I loved the game more than ever, but my dream of cathing 'em all was looking bad...until I finally caught the ruby/sapphire pomemon, only to see leafgreen comes out with so many more pokemon (though they weren't really new...) Now, does anybody ever try to "catch 'em all" anymore? Whikle I love competitive battling, the anime, trading card game, and most everything else has deminished greatly...and D/P had none of the pokenmon charm I'm used to seeing.

My point is that pokemon may still use the same formula, but in doing so, Nintendo has actually left it somewhat, which was having a nice TV show, cool card game, and charming games...which now don't exist...I feel D/P was the straw that broke the camel's back. Sorry for the long, probably boring rant, but pokemon has lost its charm, or whatever makes us veteran players love it so much...it just isn't there anymore, and pokemon would be dirt to me if competitive battling didn't exist. Just my opinion.

Rebellious Treecko
September 19th, 2007, 02:17 PM
If I didn't still like Pokemon, I wouldn't be here right now. :\
I like lots of other Nintendo games, but Pokemon is still one of my favorite game series.

Grovyle42(Griff8416)
September 19th, 2007, 02:20 PM
I wasn't for awhile but now I am again...with a vengeance :P

pokemon_mistress
September 19th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Yeah everything seems to be losing its touch but it can make a come back!

It's coz we're growing older and don't have the enthusiasm we have now!

People at school aren't into it, which makes it less exciting for us.

Zet
September 19th, 2007, 11:48 PM
another reason is that it takes ages for dubbing to be done and all we get is the battle frontier repeats but Australia is cut off from the rest of the world until people say hey Australia hasn't got this yet, and then we get it

pokemon_mistress
September 19th, 2007, 11:55 PM
Yeah its so gay.

That's one of the bad things about living here. All pokemon things come really late.

Zet
September 20th, 2007, 12:06 AM
to support that i should point this out everything comes out way later here:P yeah it is bad living here

pokemon_mistress
September 20th, 2007, 12:18 AM
lol except australian made products ;)

It's not entirely bad, I mean we get beautiful landscapes over here. Well, in the NT. I'm not sure about you.

Why do we get things so late?? We are closer to Japan than everywhere else!

NytewolfAU2k7
September 20th, 2007, 12:34 AM
Well, I don't hate Pokemon, but I don't love it. The anime has gone way down hill, and the games are getting a tad repetitive.

Agreed, And I've been a Pokemanic (I'm 22 now BTW) since the first day they came out is Australia... Yet to get a DS and Diamond and/or Pearl as my studies come first....

STILL waiting to get a Deoxys, Mew and Celebi...

Why do we get things so late?? We are closer to Japan than everywhere else!

Smaller market.

pokemon_mistress
September 20th, 2007, 12:50 AM
that doesn't mean anything.

It will cost them cheaper to bring the things here than to america.

Oh well. Can't do anything.

Zet
September 20th, 2007, 12:55 AM
Also the travel expenses would cost less

.Vaporeon
September 20th, 2007, 01:06 AM
You don't even get the anime where I live now but I'm still a huge fan. Of course all games get boring when you finish it, what do you think?

Games aren't supposed to go on forever. Like animal crossing is a never-ending game but you get bored of it because of its never-endingness.

I think Pokemon seems to be getting boring because pokemon came out in 1995 and we were all much younger then. We had more enthusiasm, we were easly addicted to things, we were mere children. But now that we've all grown up we are seeing things differently, however things have actually stayed the same or have got better.

I personally think diamond and pearl were the best games, judging from my younger sibling's reactions. But I liked the classic ones. Its all the same with my friends and I can see it all on here.

We've all grown up, that's just the problem.

What state do you live in AU?

Zet
September 20th, 2007, 01:19 AM
everything in Australia is broad casted in every state

pokemon_mistress
September 20th, 2007, 01:56 AM
everything in Australia is broad casted in every state

That's not true, we don't get channel 10 here.

We only have channel 7, abc, 9 and SBS.

You can get cable and watch pokemon but I don't have cable.

Shiun Enshidia
September 20th, 2007, 03:47 AM
Well...I suppose I am still a hardcore Pokemon fan, although I have begun to waiver.
Pokemon was, in the old days of somewhere in 97-99 the thing, everyone was obsessed with it, I was one who played the cards and anine, in 2000, when Pokemon Gold came to Australia (wow another Australian), I played that. Although I believe myself to be more focussed on the cards (except after the neo sets, I hate those cards, their just so bleargh)

I believe R/S is where it begun to get...stale. I mean, the first 251 Pokemon were good, after that...well some if not most became a little crazy. Its also where the lands became big. I've always like the close knit lands, like Kanto and Johto. Hoenn is way too big, even if it invites exploration.

D/P were ok, the plot was slightly better, the rival was decent (enough) and the music was great but the pokemon...they just don't feel like Pokemon anymore, they lack what they originally had. With close to 500, its becomming far too big, I say if they have a 5th Generation, don't add anymore pokemon.

Getting rid of the voices for the show will probably put me off it for life.

Sorry bout the rant.

.Vaporeon
September 20th, 2007, 05:53 PM
That's not true, we don't get channel 10 here.

We only have channel 7, abc, 9 and SBS.

You can get cable and watch pokemon but I don't have cable.

your wrong zet pokemon_mistress is right i can get channel 10 and she does not have that in her state