PDA

View Full Version : If You Had A Chance???

ThePlaya
September 17th, 2007, 05:03 PM
If you had a chance to make pokemon real but you could only pick one generation what would you pick?why do you pick it?

i personnaly like the 1st generation since it has all the BEST pokemons like CHARIZARD,blastoise,dragonite,jolteon,aeorodactyl,gengar,alakazam,lapras,starmie,etc.......dont really like the others as much.

so what do you pick?

AND DONT PICK THE 4th GENERATION IF YOU THINK OR SAY THIS "ILL PICK THE 4th GENERATION BECAUSE THEN YOU COULD SEE OR CATCH ALL OF THE 493 POKES....OR THAT YOU'LL BE ABLE TO TRAVEL TO ALL THE REGIONS"

NO NO NO!!!!!!!

melod.ii ous demyx~♪
September 17th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Awe, I'd also have to say the First.

0-0 Pikachu's running free would be incredibly cute!

But, you're right, the first generation has alot of favorites.
The second one has some good ones too! but the first will always be number one x3

ThePlaya
September 17th, 2007, 05:08 PM
yeah the second does have some good ones too but i would alwasy like the first.......haha would't you wish to catch a pikachu.

Grovyle42(Griff8416)
September 17th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Definately the 3rd Gen. For reasons that you'll NEVER guess by looking at my sig!

ThePlaya
September 17th, 2007, 05:13 PM
ha...damn i wonder why you picked it...i guess we will never know...oh wait stupid me*looking at your sig*...its because of treecko,grovyle,and sceptile.i like sceptile..hes one of my favourite grass pokemons.

SilencedShooter
September 17th, 2007, 05:18 PM
2nd gen. The johto pokemon. They're my favorite.

Although, I use more 1st gen. .____.

Bishopk
September 17th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Hey, ThePlaya, I've been wondering lately what your favorite Pokémon is, because you never seem to mention it.

ThePlaya
September 17th, 2007, 05:22 PM
well i like there starters almost the same as 1st generation but never more.and the 1st and 2nd are my most favourite but you know 1ST GENERATION ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!The way i see its that the more generation that pass..the more crappy they become for me.....i hope that the 5th generation isnt crappier than the 4th generation because if they are....they are some sorry generation.i dont think how any other generation can get crappier than the 4th.

EDIT:my favourite is CHARIZARD!!!!!!!!i shouldt have to tell you that:).its easy to say who it is.ha hes the best.

Bishopk
September 17th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Sorry, it wasn't obvious.

ThePlaya
September 17th, 2007, 05:29 PM
really you couldnt tell???i thought you were just playing around.well if you thought i was like yelling at you or being mean at you for not knowing i wasnt...i was just saying whos best.:)

Bishopk
September 17th, 2007, 05:30 PM
I was being sarcastic, you mention it in nearly every post :P

ThePlaya
September 17th, 2007, 05:33 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....stupid me:)...............dont i feel dumb..........yeah i knew you were.:)....yeah right.

Waffle-San
September 17th, 2007, 05:41 PM
4th because theres all 493, but basing on how that's not what you mean, i'll have to say second, i have alot of favourites there. Just wish i could trade Tryanitar for Dragonite.

ThePlaya
September 17th, 2007, 05:45 PM
nope dragonite stays on the first generations:)...no way your taking him

シーツー
September 18th, 2007, 12:35 AM
I think, I would pick the first generation. It has got lots of my favorite Pokemon (Charizard, Raichu, Lapras, Mewtwo, Seel...) and yea... I always thought that the firsts were best.
But in any case, I wouldn´t choose the 4th or 3rd... I don´t like the Pokemon there :/

JX Valentine
September 18th, 2007, 08:33 AM
First generation. It's not so much because I have a lot of favorites in that gen (because I have favorites in pretty much every gen except Gen IV) as it is because if you're going to start a Pokemon journey, it's just cooler if you do it with the Gen I Pokemon.

Or maybe that's just me.

Willbey
September 18th, 2007, 08:48 AM
If you had a chance to make pokemon real but you could only pick one generation what would you pick?why do you pick it?

i personnaly like the 1st generation since it has all the BEST pokemons like CHARIZARD,blastoise,dragonite,jolteon,aeorodactyl,gengar,alakazam,lapras,starmie,etc.......dont really like the others as much.

so what do you pick?

I agree! You get really good pokemons in the 1th gen like mewtwo,charizard.....

Satoshi Sugimori
September 18th, 2007, 09:37 AM
I would choose 1st gen so ican catch mew and mewtwo..XD
but maybe 2nd gen cuz that has celebi..:D

Apathetic_Yen
September 18th, 2007, 03:37 PM
too hard to decide! Either 1st or 2nd

ThePlaya
September 18th, 2007, 05:08 PM
yeat ppl cant decide between 1st generation or 2nd generation.

Raioku207
September 19th, 2007, 10:24 AM
4th gen because if you have the national pokedex you could have all of the pokemon

J-Rad
September 19th, 2007, 02:29 PM
2nd gen all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pokekid1995
September 19th, 2007, 02:36 PM
1st or 2nd they both tie i dont know why

ThePlaya
September 19th, 2007, 02:55 PM
4th gen because if you have the national pokedex you could have all of the pokemon

no not like that..you can only pick one generation and that generation would come to life.....so since you say 4th...only pokes from the 4th generation would come to life, not the other ones to...if it was like that everyone would just say 4th generation and there wouldnt be a point.get me?

Anti
September 19th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Secong gen. only because it has kingdra, steelix, and croconaw, my 3 favs by far...but for everything else, Kanto is just the best. The D/P pokemon are mostly immitators anyways...and 1st gen has cool pokemon IMO.

Manaphy1128
September 19th, 2007, 03:10 PM
I would defintly pick 3rd gen. The Hoenn pokemon were some of the best.(Like Blaziken burning off a little Mudkip, sucka...)

ThePlaya
September 19th, 2007, 03:25 PM
dont know what to say but......GO 1ST GENERATION!!!!!!!!

Eternal Nightmare
September 20th, 2007, 07:16 PM
3rd generation. Because they were cool (Blaziken and Gardevoir mostly),
and some would just make awesome pets (Mighteyena mostly).

-ChronicNightmare-

pandapanda
September 20th, 2007, 08:00 PM
1st gen hands down. I've played games with all the starters and I love them all (Charizard the most though :3) and the pokemon just seem to have... personality? Yeah. I've played through gold, sapphire and emerald since red/blue and they're just not the same... I love gold a ton, but I liked the gameplay in emerald/sapphire well enough but I dunno... just not the same?

Plus I grew up on 1st gen. My brother bought me a gameboy and pokemon blue and I was hooked right away. Everything else has been fun but, in the same breath, lacking.

That's why I haven't played d/p yet. I've seen it played, and I'm still deciding whether or not I should get it, but I already hate the starters (bad sign).

ThePlaya
September 20th, 2007, 08:42 PM
1st gen hands down. I've played games with all the starters and I love them all (Charizard the most though :3) and the pokemon just seem to have... personality? Yeah. I've played through gold, sapphire and emerald since red/blue and they're just not the same... I love gold a ton, but I liked the gameplay in emerald/sapphire well enough but I dunno... just not the same?

Plus I grew up on 1st gen. My brother bought me a gameboy and pokemon blue and I was hooked right away. Everything else has been fun but, in the same breath, lacking.

That's why I haven't played d/p yet. I've seen it played, and I'm still deciding whether or not I should get it, but I already hate the starters (bad sign).

thats what im talking about!!!!CHAIRZARD!!!!ha you people already know i like him..just look at him everywhere in my sig and stuff.GO FIRST GENERATION!!!!

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
September 22nd, 2007, 07:35 AM
Its a tie between the 3rd and 4th generation. Because the 3rd has Banette and thats my favorite Pokemon and the 4th has a lot of Ghost type Pokemon

:t354:TG

MUSION
September 22nd, 2007, 08:19 AM
3rd Gen. There aren't many Pokemon from it that I don't like, plus most of my favourites are there. Cacturne, Claydol, Flygon... (all from the desert too).

ronda124
September 22nd, 2007, 08:26 AM
I picked 2nd cause of Totodile. My second choice would the the 3rd gen though.

PokemonSlave
September 22nd, 2007, 12:56 PM
First generation all the way, it has most of the best Pokemon in it. :bone:

MasterWGS
September 22nd, 2007, 01:00 PM
Well, if you think about it, you should all pick the 4th gen. It has all of them, technically, since no generation flat out got rid of any Pokes... :)

Just kiddin'. I understand the question. I'd probably go with first gen. Can't beat the originals.

The Fallen
September 22nd, 2007, 01:10 PM
I really love the first generation, but a lot of my favorite Pokemon belong to the second generation. The past two generations fall in comparison to the first two to be honest. I would probably have to say the first generation though. It's what made me like Pokemon in the first place, though I have fallen out of it, it still provided great times for me.

Ooka
September 22nd, 2007, 01:18 PM
2nd Generation is the all-time best.

ThePlaya
September 22nd, 2007, 04:07 PM
ha 1st and 3rd are tied.......even though i think 2nd should be winning 3rd...but 1st beats them all...the originals are best

spam
September 22nd, 2007, 04:16 PM
I chose 4th gen. simply because I'd technically be able to travel to all the other continents that the previous 3 gens. didn't have. And you can see/capture 486 Pokemon compared to the previous games.

1st gen: You could only stay in Kanto. Johto hasn't been created yet.
2nd gen: You could only travel between Johto and Kanto.
3rd gen: You can technically travel between Johto, Kanto, and Hoenn.

ThePlaya
September 22nd, 2007, 04:23 PM
dude...thats not what i mean...you could only see 1 generation that you could see

do you get me??

mystletainn
September 22nd, 2007, 04:30 PM
Second Generation. It has my favorites: Murkrow, Ursaring, Kingdra, Gligar, Stantler, Girafarig, Mantine, Ariados, and Yanma.

kuku-melon
September 22nd, 2007, 04:32 PM
Well, 2nd gen has lots of good things, for example: wouldn't it be great to see a Suicune running on a tropical beach??
But the 1st one is much better... reasons: Charizard, Arcanine, Blastoise, Snorlax, Lapras, Mewtwo, Zapdos, Dewgong, Aerodactyl, Dratini-Dragonair-Dragonite, ivysaur, etc.

ThePlaya
September 22nd, 2007, 04:33 PM
yup true ture...i agree with all of those that you have mentioned they are all cool

AnimeDDR110
September 22nd, 2007, 05:53 PM
the second generation. they had the best pokmemon ever.

Ret
September 22nd, 2007, 06:07 PM
Well for me it was a straight shot between the first and fourth generations. Yeah I have a few good pokemon in others but I just submitted to the awsome power of the first. Charizard, jolteon, Vulpix, raichu, Articuno, Arcanine. The list goes on.

but I had to give up my fourh gen favs like infernape and Floatzel... Decisions, decisions....

Crimson Arcanine
September 22nd, 2007, 07:56 PM
Difficult choice. I like pokemon from all the generations. But probably 1st generation because It has my favorite pokemon, Ninetales!

ThePlaya
September 23rd, 2007, 06:02 PM
ha yeah ninetails is good...but not better than charizard:)..my opinion

coachwhipneoship
September 25th, 2007, 09:55 AM
That's a hard question! I picked the first, because...well, they're the originals and I feel like it would be most poktriotic (patriotic to pokemon?) to say that...I mean, it almost doesn't matter to me because no matter which generation became real, I'd have ones in it that I loved and would go after them...

Zanacross
September 25th, 2007, 10:05 AM
I would choose 1st gen cos we had all the good dragons.

Luиαrglοω
September 25th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Second gen for sure. It has a lot of my favorite Pokemon (Umbreon, Espeon, Suicune, Ampharos, Typhlosion...) and the Pokemon have awesome design in general~ it just has a unique Pokemon-ness to it. x3
besides, Crystal was the first Pokemon game i ever played, and i'll love 2nd gen forever~♥

ThePlaya
September 30th, 2007, 01:00 AM
Second gen for sure. It has a lot of my favorite Pokemon (Umbreon, Espeon, Suicune, Ampharos, Typhlosion...) and the Pokemon have awesome design in general~ it just has a unique Pokemon-ness to it. x3
besides, Crystal was the first Pokemon game i ever played, and i'll love 2nd gen forever~♥
hmmmmmm...im looking for a shiny umbreon....anyways back on topic

GO FIRST AGAIN!!!

Kotowari
September 30th, 2007, 04:56 AM
I have to say the second generation. Of al seasons, I like the Jotho episodes the best. Most of my fav Pokemon live in Jotho: Typhlosion, Larvitar, Tyranitar, Suicune, Maganium, Ho-Oh, Lugia.....
Silver was my first gameboy game ever, not just Pokemon game. So I have a special spot for the Second Gen. =)

NekoRobin
September 30th, 2007, 06:28 AM
1. gen.
Other's kinda suck.
Gen 2 totally sucked, only starters and legends were good. Gen 3 had some crappy and some good. Gen 4 only had Lucario and starters as good ones. OThers sucked.

DarkArcz
September 30th, 2007, 08:32 AM
First Gen, with the Second Gen coming in closely in....second place. The First Generation had the best Pokemons(Charizard, Venusaur, Alakazam, Lapras, Snorlax, Marowak etc) while the Second generation wasn't bad either(Typhlosion, Sudowoodo, Ho-Oh, Scizor, Tyranitar etc) Din't quiet like the 3rd Generation (most of them were hideous) and haven't played Diamond/Pearl yet, so I can't really say much about it's Pokemon.

Anti
September 30th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Theplaya...........you sure like 1st gen, don't you? I much as I love it, it isn't that much better than 3rd...2nd FTW! Kingdra, Steelix, CROCONAW! It is pwnful to the extreme. You also have a cool rival, same with 1st gen. Brendan/May are just lol. They can't even fully evolve their starters. They are the definition of n00b.

Pkmn_knight
September 30th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Also just to say, dont be idoitic and say i want this gen because i can catch (insert legendery here) Because in most chances nearly no one will see them.
1st gen, As 2nd,3rd and 4th have pokemon that are not possible without some of the 1st gen
only 1st and 3rd could be out if the other were not, in my opinion.

Shiraishi
September 30th, 2007, 08:56 AM
4th gen ftw.

I hated Dragonite and my lvl 55 T-tar rampaged Red until he was taken out by something I forgot. 2nd gen is my second fav.

Midnight Beat
September 30th, 2007, 09:19 AM
1st gen all the way, it has all of the coolest ones.

Zig
September 30th, 2007, 11:01 AM
3rd gen cause of zigzagoon, blaziken, kyorge, latias, regice, absol and many others!

geckoriot
October 2nd, 2007, 06:19 AM
That's a toughie -- a lot of my favourite Pokemon are from 2nd/3rd gen but I'd have to say 1st gen. Then I could have some sweet-arse Dragonite take me places :D

ThePlaya
October 3rd, 2007, 04:51 PM
yup many like dragonite

who dosnt???
i do hes also one of my favourite pokes.

Syaoran_2001
October 3rd, 2007, 08:52 PM
The second Generation games were my favorites, so I'd probably choose that. Of course I started out playing the first genernation when it was first released in the US, and I still like those games. However, I still think the 2nd generation games were better, they had so many cool new features compared to the first generation.

Neko-Kun
October 3rd, 2007, 09:00 PM
1st gen has Gengar

nuff said. :)

ThePlaya
October 3rd, 2007, 09:44 PM
ha yeah i can see your a ghost lover and gengar is well liked by many people;).

Trainer Trance
October 3rd, 2007, 10:20 PM
Definitely 2nd Gen... I loved the games, loved the region, loved the Pokemon... My absolute favorite Pokemon is in that game *hugs his Politoed*.

I have no reason why I love Politoed that much, it's really weird. Just a random thing is what it is, because normally I like these badass evil looking things, then you get to Pokemon and you have my Politoed, named Toed, who is completely, 100% A.D.D. in all of the fics that Oniko (my character) has him in.

So that's that! I'd definitely live in the 2nd Gen game!

The Infinite Devil Machine
October 3rd, 2007, 10:29 PM
I'd choose fourth gen. Meh, I'm Buizel obsessed. Plus, all my other favorites would be obtainable anyway.

MoonlightUmbreon
October 3rd, 2007, 10:39 PM
I gotta say the second gen, especially because that would mean you'd get to go to Kanto too. And most of my favorite Pokemon are there, Typhlosion, Meganium, Ampharos, Midreavus, Umbreon, Espeon, Ho-oh, Lugia, Suicune, Raikou and Houndoom.
If they made a DS remake of Johto w/ Kanto included, I'd be infront of the que to get it.

Aegis
October 4th, 2007, 05:18 AM
Well, since you're limiting it to the Pokemon that are strictly from the individual regions, I'll have to go with Hoenn. I prefer the Pokemon from that region over the others, and it has contests.

Me2UJus4Free
October 4th, 2007, 05:58 AM
yup many like dragonite

who dosnt???

I don't. In fact, I hate all Dragon Pokemon save for Altaria.

Hoenn for me. I like Mudkips, and plus that regin has some of the best pokemon I've seen. The duel types in that gen were just plain strange. A Water/Ground type Pokemon is just mind boggling. Would that make Swampert a Mud type?

Syaoran_2001
October 4th, 2007, 07:23 AM
Hoenn for me. I like Mudkips, and plus that regin has some of the best pokemon I've seen. The duel types in that gen were just plain strange. A Water/Ground type Pokemon is just mind boggling. Would that make Swampert a Mud type?

Generation 2 had a water/ground type first with Quagsire, so it's not really that weird.

Trainer Trance
October 4th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Not only quagsire, but Wooper as well!! *hugs a wooper til it's head pops*

Syaoran_2001
October 4th, 2007, 09:01 AM
Oh that's right, I forgot Quagsire evolved from Wooper.

Sheena--Fujibayashi
October 4th, 2007, 11:35 AM
I would pick the First Generation because... of squirtle, bulbasaur & charmander? D:

Me2UJus4Free
October 4th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Generation 2 had a water/ground type first with Quagsire, so it's not really that weird.

I forgot oabout Wooper, oh well. But it's still weird, Mud Type Pokemon.

Shadow_Yue
October 4th, 2007, 04:04 PM
2nd generation definately. I love those pokemon to bits. Especially Quilava.

ThePlaya
October 7th, 2007, 05:02 AM
Well i like swampert:).But not more than CHARIZARD!!!!!

~Shaymin~
October 7th, 2007, 06:50 AM
i would have said 2nd because of Chikorita being one of the starters, but 4th because i might be able to see a shaymin. (even though its highly unlikely)

Zig
October 7th, 2007, 06:54 AM
Y am I the only person who likes the 3rd gen???

ThePlaya
October 16th, 2007, 04:12 PM
i like the 3rd generation but not as much as the 1st of course

SBaby
October 16th, 2007, 04:22 PM
First Generation. Because if Pokemon in all aspects was real, all Pokemon the next Generation would instantly be discovered at the same exact time after each League.

~Ray-Mantine~
October 17th, 2007, 08:33 AM
Y am I the only person who likes the 3rd gen???

You are not the only one, I would chose the 3Gen because flying on a Latios or Swimming with Spheal's or seeing Plusle's and Minun's running would be incredibly Cool.

PsyDragon Trainer
October 17th, 2007, 09:17 AM
2nd Generation.... Yes, after a lot of think, 2nd Gen by far. Reasons:

1. It has the best / cutest / coolest / most awesome starters.
2. The Pokémon overall are quite sweet.
3. If you think of the cities, it'd rock as real life country, I mean, Goldenrod for shopping, parties, etc, Olivine for nice weekends and to live nicely, Cinnawood for holidays etc and I could go further on...

ToraSushii
October 17th, 2007, 12:00 PM
1st generation. It has the original Pokemans that has the "original" feeling. Unlike the others.

Seremiya
October 17th, 2007, 12:08 PM
I'll probably choose the first generation. Those were the first pokemon I ever fell in love with. So it's an easy choice for me.

Blake55
October 21st, 2007, 04:33 PM
I would say first because thats where most of my favorite pokemon are except for lucario though :(

Omerta
October 21st, 2007, 08:10 PM
The 4th, because of Empoleon.

Monzae
October 21st, 2007, 08:12 PM
Oh gosh. What a hard question.

I'd say the first one.. all of the Pokemon were well thought out and well structured unlike the other gens. Having a real pikachu would be insane =D

snowy22
October 21st, 2007, 08:25 PM
1st and 4th gen dawg!!!
dp pokes 4th
legendarys 1st

ThePlaya
October 24th, 2007, 05:02 PM
it looks like more ppl prefer the originals then the rest...yup

Improfane
October 24th, 2007, 05:12 PM
First generation.

So I could jump on Pidgeot and fly to Johto!
What? It's not as if the Johto land mass didn't just appear out of nowhere three years later!
Nope. That was bad. I'll stop being awkward and difficult. I like the first generation the most and each one after progressively less. In other words, the generation number is my ranking order.

ThePlaya
October 24th, 2007, 05:48 PM
First generation.

So I could jump on Pidgeot and fly to Johto!
What? It's not as if the Johto land mass didn't just appear out of nowhere three years later!
Nope. That was bad. I'll stop being awkward and difficult. I like the first generation the most and each one after progressively less. In other words, the generation number is my ranking order.

hey improfane thats exactly how i see it too.

BodhiGymLeader
October 24th, 2007, 05:51 PM
2nd generation... I'd liked them a lot better than the 3rd generation and 4th combined.

Shadow_fire74
October 24th, 2007, 06:51 PM
The 3rd generation or the 4th generation. Can't decide.

I never liked the 1st and 2nd generations...
oh crap...

*Holds up a flame shield*

auratios
October 25th, 2007, 12:51 AM
i would pick third generation since if i could fly with latios and latias would be my dream come true!!

Elusive
October 25th, 2007, 04:06 AM
4th gen since it has my favorite Pokemon - Lucario

nakoma
October 25th, 2007, 06:17 AM
i'd pick first gen because i grew up with that and its the original characters. also it is the design of satoshi tajiri. having the original pokemon be real would be awsome though would be kinda cool to have them all be real.