PDA

View Full Version : what do you think the next set of pkmn will be like?

Kabutops
June 17th, 2004, 07:56 PM
if the creators of pokemon are gunna keep making more pokemon stuff what do you think the next game's pokemon are gunna be like?

Iveechan
June 17th, 2004, 08:14 PM
Ones that people will b-itch and complain about. "Oh they all look weird, they're losing their creativity!" Then whent he game comes out everyone'll all shut up.

^^NICK^^ v.3.0
June 17th, 2004, 08:21 PM
A group of unqiuely odd starters, some common bugs, some common birds, a few rodents that resemble a certain Pokmon, some ugly fillers, a few cute normals, legendary (insert random animal), and Some odd DNA genetic 00ber powerful legendaries. That somes it up good.

Kabutops
June 17th, 2004, 08:29 PM
it would be cool for them to come up with a game where you can start off with a legendary :P (e.g. entei, raikou, suicune)

Bhati
June 17th, 2004, 09:30 PM
I think most will either look like Digimon, animals, or just plain stupid. Like, take Luvsdic for example. Oh, they put a lot of thought into that one. "/

Frostweaver
June 17th, 2004, 09:36 PM
Well...

-something that can kill The Unmentionable-S, and The Unmentionable-B

If the above is fulfilled while not being a legendary or an ubar, it's a good Pokemon automatically regardless of how stupid the design is

Kabutops
June 17th, 2004, 09:57 PM
well if you think about it they might not have too many ideas left :P they should have new pokemon decided by drawings from fans and they'll fix em up (alot) to make em look like pokemon :)

Timbjerr
June 17th, 2004, 10:18 PM
Well...

-something that can kill The Unmentionable-S, and The Unmentionable-B

If the above is fulfilled while not being a legendary or an ubar, it's a good Pokemon automatically regardless of how stupid the design is
you mean Snorlax and Blissey?

My opinion is that all the cool pokemon were released in the first 251...after them, pokemon have become substantially less creative. I'm not to say that all of the Hoenn bunch were stupid fillers...we got great pokemon such as Metagross, Sableye, Rayquaza, Kyogre, Altaria, Shedinja out of it...but those kinda iffy pokemon like Zigzagoon, Whiscash, luvdisc, spinda, Roselia, Shroomish should not exist anymore after the Ru/Sa endeavor...

Kabutops
June 17th, 2004, 10:32 PM
yeh they are less creative and original now :( . but they should have people send pictures :) half of them would look crummy but with better coloring creativity for pokemon would come back :) but most people woulod just mix and match pkmn :(

Iveechan
June 18th, 2004, 08:34 AM
I personally like Whiscash. I trained one and it's decently good. But I feel that they keep overloading us with way too many normal and water types. I hope for more interesting type mixes. Repeating animals isn't too bad as long as it looks and plays different (like all those dog Pokemon we have, we need wild cats darnit). I also want more Pokemon who are more than "just something you use early in the game". Since we have so many of those already, they should focus on making more interesting Pokemon who appear in the middle or nearer the end of the game. Oh yeah, and no more annoying evolutions like Milotic =P.

jynx
June 18th, 2004, 08:36 AM
if the creators of pokemon are gunna keep making more pokemon stuff what do you think the next game's pokemon are gunna be like?
They gonna look very horrible!
Out of control....

I bet I won't like them!

Frostweaver
June 18th, 2004, 08:44 AM
I hope that people do realize that 1000 Pokemon are created when they're preparing for GSC, and now they're just choosing out of the bunch... so all the "ugly" Pokemon and the "cool" Pokemon are all created by the same group of people, during the same period of time... time and which generation the game is do not affect the "ugly factor." It's just random draw of luck which ones are going to be in the game.

Snorlax and Blissey = Focus punch! *destroy them both*
Skarmory and Blissey = let none survive but Gengar ;_;

Anything that can beat a SkarmBlissing combo = something we need in the next game

Ryoutarou
June 18th, 2004, 08:48 AM
Well we should find out soon since the new games are going to be reveladed in a month

jynx
June 18th, 2004, 08:52 AM
I hope that people do realize that 1000 Pokemon are created when they're preparing for GSC, and now they're just choosing out of the bunch... so all the "ugly" Pokemon and the "cool" Pokemon are all created by the same group of people, during the same period of time... time and which generation the game is do not affect the "ugly factor." It's just random draw of luck which ones are going to be in the game.

Snorlax and Blissey = Focus punch! *destroy them both*
Skarmory and Blissey = let none survive but Gengar ;_;

Anything that can beat a SkarmBlissing combo = something we need in the next game
The problem is:
Silly, ugly, filler, useless stuff are meant to come out last

stewie&rupert
June 18th, 2004, 09:54 AM
well just look at gonbe. its ugly and unoriginal. just look at venusaur, the creativity and exelence of originality is incredible in this pkmn. i mean a baheamith(sp?) with a huge deadly flower on top,also all the legs and the face look outstanding. i give venusaur 10 points in originality and gonbe a 3.

as i mentioned b4 theres gonna be a set of:
*3 strange starters ofwich the grass type is gonna be neglected again
*about 25 begginers wich r only seen in the beggining of the game(,ratatta,wurmple,sentret)
*a few mix twin types(lunatone/solrock,hitmonlee/chan)
*a few babys(pichu,azurill,gonbe)
*1 pokemon thatll make u go the other way to go to a city(snorlax,sudowudo,kecleon)
*a few pkmn thatll evolve there(crobat,kindra,blissey,porigon2)
*1 or 2 rare pokemon thatll make frosty go crazy(snorlax,blissey,skarmory)
*1 practicly useless pkmn thatll evolve into a beast(magikarp,remoraid,feebas)
*a powerful,flexible pkmn(dragonite,tyranitar,salemence,metogross)
*trio of legends(birds, dogs/tigers, brallis/rocks)
*2 powerful ubers(lugia/Ho-Oh,groudon/kyogre)
*the most powerful legend uber thatll match the all mighty mewtwo(mewtwo,rayquaza,deoxys)
*1 legend that can only be caught by promo/cheatdevice and have the stats of 100(mew,celebi,jirachi)

that seems simple enough(long post:P)

Timbjerr
June 18th, 2004, 12:25 PM
well just look at gonbe. its ugly and unoriginal. just look at venusaur, the creativity and exelence of originality is incredible in this pkmn. i mean a baheamith(sp?) with a huge deadly flower on top,also all the legs and the face look outstanding. i give venusaur 10 points in originality and gonbe a 3.

as i mentioned b4 theres gonna be a set of:
*3 strange starters ofwich the grass type is gonna be neglected again
*about 25 begginers wich r only seen in the beggining of the game(,ratatta,wurmple,sentret)
*a few mix twin types(lunatone/solrock,hitmonlee/chan)
*a few babys(pichu,azurill,gonbe)
*1 pokemon thatll make u go the other way to go to a city(snorlax,sudowudo,kecleon)
*a few pkmn thatll evolve there(crobat,kindra,blissey,porigon2)
*1 or 2 rare pokemon thatll make frosty go crazy(snorlax,blissey,skarmory)
*1 practicly useless pkmn thatll evolve into a beast(magikarp,remoraid,feebas)
*a powerful,flexible pkmn(dragonite,tyranitar,salemence,metogross)
*trio of legends(birds, dogs/tigers, brallis/rocks)
*2 powerful ubers(lugia/Ho-Oh,groudon/kyogre)
*the most powerful legend uber thatll match the all mighty mewtwo(mewtwo,rayquaza,deoxys)
*1 legend that can only be caught by promo/cheatdevice and have the stats of 100(mew,celebi,jirachi)

that seems simple enough(long post:P)
Don't forget the filler pokmon that are only there to push the total of new pokmon to a round number XD

^^NICK^^ v.3.0
June 18th, 2004, 01:40 PM
The filler Pokemon are so annoying, zubut *cough*

goar!

Iveechan
June 18th, 2004, 03:40 PM
Atleast Zubat's final evolution is worth using.

Frostweaver
June 18th, 2004, 03:44 PM
it's not just worth using, but highly overused at the moment. It's the reaper of all special sweeping psychic types... with a speed matching of Jolteon's, it created a universal demand for massing Electrodes on your team with the help of Aerodactyl and Swellow.

^^NICK^^ v.3.0
June 18th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Yeah I like Crobat, but Zubat is so annoying, and so is Zigzagoon.

Kabutops
June 18th, 2004, 07:38 PM
well yeah.. zubat is the most annoying but i think the most unmentioned is Tangela :P i havent heard of it fer about a year :P

Frostweaver
June 18th, 2004, 09:28 PM
I've actually seen Tangela used in battle as a physical tank who can sweep with special attacks... O.o; Seaking is quite UU as well but then the news of Seaking learning megahorn just reminded people that it exist (regardless of megahorn, no one used it still). There's still plenty of UU out there at the moment...

Kabutops
June 18th, 2004, 09:53 PM
frostie... i have a question... do you always sound like a news reporter ? :P it kinda sounds like ure talking about current events and nt wat u think :P

stewie&rupert
June 18th, 2004, 09:55 PM
hopfully theres more prehestorik pkmn. although they r annoyingly rare since u must trade over again. the prehestorik pkmn r quite useful in their own way.

Kabutops
June 18th, 2004, 10:13 PM
YEAH! GO KABUTOPS!!! it woulod be cool if kabutops evolves! muahahha

Iveechan
June 18th, 2004, 10:25 PM
He talks that way because he's familiar with the online battling, which is more accurate than just ingame battling.

Kabutops
June 19th, 2004, 09:39 AM
Ahh. i understand :P well i wasn't trying to offend or anything... any way back to the subject. the next pokemon are gunna be the same (basicly) and not much more creativity (luvdisc) and alot more annoying things like zubat. unless they just draw a bunch of new and original ones :)

Jirachi
June 22nd, 2004, 03:29 AM
Ugly. That is what I thought the R/S Pokemon were when I first saw them, but they are okay now. I think the Pokemon will be more detailed.