PDA

View Full Version : Ultra hard Flannery question (or maybe not?)

Toothache
June 18th, 2004, 03:45 AM
I was playing through Sapphire, when someone mentioned that Flannery, the leader of the 4th Gym in Hoenn, her father was at one point a member of the Elite Four. Can any one tell me who that was?

Just random curiosity here...

IceKitten
June 18th, 2004, 03:52 AM
Only one point? Can't be Lance then...

Maybe Will, but I doubt it.

Sydney or Drake?

One of them, lol, unless Janine has her as a sister...

Hinoshi-chan
June 18th, 2004, 03:55 AM
I belive it was That first guy, what was his name ._.

The one who uses Houndoom. I belive it was Drake ^__^;;

IceKitten
June 18th, 2004, 10:37 AM
Drake doesn't use a Houndoom o.O

Also Karen can't be her dad =0(the one that uses Houndoom)

Shinin
June 18th, 2004, 11:01 AM
its her grandfather not her dad

drake is old so it is probably him

Timbjerr
June 18th, 2004, 12:14 PM
is this really a trivia game? or one question for us to ponder?

I'll move this to Pokmon General..I think it is better off there

pokejungle
June 18th, 2004, 12:18 PM
I have no clue o.0;;;

I'm interested in the answer thoguh

Timbjerr
June 18th, 2004, 12:30 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that old man that appeared in the anime episdoe where Ash battled her Flannery's grandfather?

I dunno for sure...I'm leaning towards Drake, but I would think that her grandfather was a fire-type trainer cuz that is where she inherited the Gym from...or she could've changed the gym's type completely when she did XD

pokejungle
June 18th, 2004, 12:42 PM
Who knows? At least our lives don't depend on this tough little question!

Kari Kagome & Mewtwo
June 18th, 2004, 01:17 PM
Its Blaine. It would only make sense. Both he and Flannery are fire users.

IceKitten
June 18th, 2004, 01:25 PM
Blaine isn't and hasn't been a memebr of the E4, try again

pokejungle
June 18th, 2004, 01:28 PM
Still no answer...wow.....

I'm waiting....

Toothache
June 18th, 2004, 01:32 PM
Never expected this question to generate so much debate, thought it was a somewhat-easy-to-find fact... but it did pique my interest...

Toothache
June 18th, 2004, 01:39 PM
Besides, it suggests that Flannery's father _used_ to be Elite Four, which means it can't be Drake.

pokejungle
June 18th, 2004, 01:42 PM
So, really her father may not be one of the current elite for at all!

not a very satisfying answer!

stewie&rupert
June 18th, 2004, 02:25 PM
i like the blain thought. blain does have fire pkmn. and he is a bit... old. lance was good too seing they both got pink hair but hes yung and still in the elite 4. im gonna stick with blain. it has to be. and hes also bald so his pink hair is gone and most of it turned white.:D

pokejungle
June 18th, 2004, 02:28 PM
But, Blaine isn't an Elite 4 member!

That wouldn't make sense!

Toothache
June 18th, 2004, 02:34 PM
Interesting idea I've had.. what if it was Koga? Koga was a fairly old man in R/B/Y and he was in the Elite Four in G/S/C. Or, Bruno... the only guy to be in BOTH of Kanto and Johto's Elite Four... just throwing ideas into the mix here...

Toothache
June 18th, 2004, 02:36 PM
Of course, the types of Pokemon don't match, but that's not to say it couldn't be them, just makes them unlikely...

Toothache
June 18th, 2004, 02:39 PM
Getting back to Koga... his daughter ran the Poison Gym in G/S/C, so maybe Flannery WAS her daughter, making Koga her grandfather... starting to make sense a little now...

pokejungle
June 18th, 2004, 02:42 PM
Plz don't triple post.....

Maybe it was Koga....I don't think we'll ever find a definitive answer!

stewie&rupert
June 18th, 2004, 02:52 PM
aiy toothache dont triple post. theres a mod in this thread.

as for blain. hey dont everything about the characters. hu knows he could of been an elite 4 but was kicked off or even quit wen giovonni asked him to creat mewtwo(manga)

Toothache
June 18th, 2004, 02:55 PM
Apologies for the triple post. I just thought of something to type, posted, then realised I could have added some more. My bad, won't do it again.

pokejungle
June 18th, 2004, 02:58 PM
I don't think that the game would make a referance to the magna comics.....

Greed
June 18th, 2004, 03:07 PM
E4, eh? Could it be Lance? They both have red hair. But I heard he's 16, so it can't be him.. Gee, this is hard @_@

*dies*

stewie&rupert
June 18th, 2004, 05:58 PM
it could be blain in the magna then(maybe). but it could be koga but jasmine( looks too yung.(like 16 yung)
blain:X
koga:X
lance:X
drave:X
steven:....
hey maybe it could be steven.....no wait, hes in the elite 4 so...
steven:X
karen:XD
norman:...X no i dont think so

Timbjerr
June 18th, 2004, 08:11 PM
it could be blain in the magna then(maybe). but it could be koga but jasmine( looks too yung.(like 16 yung)
blain:X
koga:X
lance:X
drave:X
steven:....
hey maybe it could be steven.....no wait, hes in the elite 4 so...
steven:X
karen:XD
norman:...X no i dont think so
I wouldn't think Koga isthat old...maybe early 40's at the oldest...
BTW: his daughter is Janine, not Jasmine. (Jasmine would happen to be the Olivine gym leader in G/S/C) XD

stewie&rupert
June 18th, 2004, 09:47 PM
I wouldn't think Koga isthat old...maybe early 40's at the oldest...
BTW: his daughter is Janine, not Jasmine. (Jasmine would happen to be the Olivine gym leader in G/S/C) XD

both names look the same... well they both start with J and janine isnt much of a common name and jasmine is alot more common.
and i was saying that jaNINE looks like a 16-year-old teenage girl not koga. koga does look over 35.

Toothache
June 19th, 2004, 03:51 AM
Yeah, but what's the time span in between the games. No-one's ever really said. Ok, there was about 3 years difference between R/B/Y and G/S/C, but between G/S/C and R/S, who knows... and with LG/FR coming out and being compatible with R/S, maybe R/S was set slightly before R/B/Y... this just gets harder and harder...

IceKitten
June 19th, 2004, 04:25 AM
Maybe there is a very old R/S game that came out before R/B/Y that has the same graphics as R/B/Y that never came here XD

I won't make it anymore confusing

Toothache
June 20th, 2004, 11:16 AM
Wow this is getting nowhere... and I thought it would be somewhat easier than this to find out... I wonder why they made it so cryptic to find out... but oh well, we can leave that as an ultimate Pokefan question to find out... enjoy your research...

Miss Reyna
June 20th, 2004, 05:14 PM
i say that her grandfather was in a past elite 4 member in hoeen. that what i belive. and it could be true!!!!!!!!!!!

IceKitten
June 21st, 2004, 11:46 AM
Aww I thought the user above was Flannery coming to tell us the answer XD

Toothache
June 21st, 2004, 12:04 PM
We can but hope, Tig *shrugs* I'm sure someone knows the answer, we just have to wait and be patient...

Porygon
June 21st, 2004, 12:05 PM
Sorry if I'm just quoting a previous post with this one, but I don't have the time to read them all.

Flannery's father was at one point in the E4 or whatever. That means he isn't now XD

Toothache
June 21st, 2004, 12:14 PM
Yup.. it's her grandfather, incidentally (I wasn't paying complete attention the first time :-p). So, he's not E4 now but used to be... circimstantial evidence points to Koga being the most likely, but who knows...

If you do know, someone enlighten us?

Solar
June 27th, 2004, 08:38 PM
I believe Flannery's grandfather already appeared in the anime. He had a Typhlosion.

Toothache
June 28th, 2004, 05:29 AM
Anyone want to confirm this? I don't watch the anime much, so anyone who does on a hardcore basis might want to check out the episode(s) with Flannery in and see about that grandpappy of hers... and exactly who is he?

Mudkip84
June 29th, 2004, 08:18 AM
I was playing through Sapphire, when someone mentioned that Flannery, the leader of the 4th Gym in Hoenn, her father was at one point a member of the Elite Four. Can any one tell me who that was?
Just random curiosity here...

You Answered your Own question...
Let me answer it...

The Answer Is the Parrt I bolded..

HER FATHER WAS AT ONE POINT ,PART OF THE ELITE FOUR!!

Sheesh that was Easy..

Toothache
June 30th, 2004, 01:26 AM
Yes, but the question I'm asking is, which exact member of the Elite Four is her Grandfather? Less of the sarcasm next time, geez...

stewie&rupert
July 3rd, 2004, 09:15 AM
so still to this day nobody gots the answer.practicly a month later and the answer is still unknown. hmhmhm, the answer is so clear but i wont give it away.hahahahaha*disapears in the shadows*

Toothache
July 3rd, 2004, 09:30 AM
You mean you actually know who it is? Come on then, spill the beans, who is it?

stewie&rupert
July 5th, 2004, 04:27 PM
i wont say the answer but ill tell u this:he'll be revealed in the anime soon. thats the only clue ill give.:D*inexplicably disapears and wont return till revealed*

darkgamerGS
October 1st, 2004, 04:20 PM
Anyone besides me think that Flannery's father was never revealed (Yet?)

Timbjerr
October 1st, 2004, 05:46 PM
Anyone besides me think that Flannery's father was never revealed (Yet?)
please do not revive threads this old...'tis very annoying...