PDA

View Full Version : Contact Lenses

Dizzy
October 9th, 2003, 02:05 PM
How many People have Contact lenses , I do , there All Black , Its in this Thing I made .. Hehe enjoy , FYI this is a contacts and glasses discussion.

Cherrim
October 9th, 2003, 02:25 PM
rofl.. those are funny. I'd get the white ones just to freak people out. XDDDDD

Anyway, I have no need for glasses or contact lenses. I would like someone to make contacts that turn red whenever you get angry. ^_^ It would scare little children!! XD!!

Zento
October 9th, 2003, 02:44 PM
rofl.. those are funny. I'd get the white ones just to freak people out. XDDDDD

Anyway, I have no need for glasses or contact lenses. I would like someone to make contacts that turn red whenever you get angry. ^_^ It would scare little children!! XD!!

lmao That'd be awesome! XD

I like those green contact lenses alot myself.

Myself, I wear glasses. ^^; I get freaked out by contacts. Always thinking I'd put them in wrong and then somehow it gets into my brain or some vital organ. But that's just me. XD

Fire Master
October 9th, 2003, 02:49 PM
you can't put contacts in wrong. there specially desiged so they can't go in your brain.

As for me...
i want to get contacts. my mom says i can get them when my arm heals.

Haruka
October 9th, 2003, 02:50 PM
I don't need contact lenses or glasses in my life yet.. :P

I have 20/20 vision.

DragonTrainer
October 9th, 2003, 03:45 PM
I wear spectacles(I just say spectacles instead of glasses because it sounds funny.Spectacles....) but my mo says I can get conntacts next time I get my eyes checked

MoonLight
October 9th, 2003, 04:17 PM
My those are freaky XD i like the black XD well i have glasses but i don't wear them much i have double vision X_x

Haruka
October 9th, 2003, 04:19 PM
and isn't it impossible to color the white part (cornea?)

Yes it is... :P

Kairi
October 9th, 2003, 04:26 PM
I'm happy with glasses though. I wouldn't wear contacts, or have surgery. If it has a chance of permanently screwing me up, I'll pass.

Haruka
October 9th, 2003, 04:27 PM
Glasses are the way to be...

The problem is... people call people with glasses four eyes..

Isn't that projudgeism or discrimination?

Miyu-chan
October 9th, 2003, 04:31 PM
I just got contacts, and the other day, I spent 1/2 hour putting the contact in the left eye, but the right eye was like...one hit KO... =_= I like glasses better, but both has their good places, don't they? n_n;

I like the whole black one in the catolog...Kekeke...

Cherrim
October 9th, 2003, 04:52 PM
I'd say calling someone "four eyes" is just plain bullying. But discrimination fits it too. ^_^;

I don't remember which school this was at, but I remember this one kid calling another kid "four eyes". The bully had glasses too, though. o_O;;

Fire Master
October 9th, 2003, 05:09 PM
My mom mightn yet me get surgarey but much later. right now, i have glasses

DragonTrainer
October 9th, 2003, 05:22 PM
At my school, we don't really put down others for wearing glasses.But contacts would be cool, galsses really bother me.Besides, people told me I would look way better with contacts.

PokeTrainerCarol
October 9th, 2003, 05:29 PM
I WANT CONTACTS!!!!
I'm a 10 yr old that needs glasses 3.7something in one eye and 3.7something in another, or around that. Sooooo *takes off glasses* this thing is like 3mm thick! SAVE I'M GONNA BE BLIND WHEN I GET OLDER!!! >_> j/k... but I really want contacts. My parents say I might get contacts when I'm 15. That feels so, SO long time... :'(

DragonTrainer
October 9th, 2003, 05:37 PM
I've had to wait a long time before I had the chance to get contacts.I think I got contacts in 5th grade, and I am going to get contacts extremely soon.Thank god I can't stand glasses

Timbjerr
October 9th, 2003, 06:26 PM
I have been wearing glasses since I can remember...

*takes off glasses*
O.O my whole moniter is just a big white blurry light!

I tried to get contacts, but I had najor troubles pulling my eyelid open, especially with my oily skin (I try to tell my mom to take me to get them during the winter, when my skin is dryer, but she insists on taking me during the summer -.-)

I might get lasik once I'm out of college tho...

Igglybuddy
October 9th, 2003, 07:52 PM
I'm quite blind, haha. My left eye is -5.5 and my right eye is -5.75...I've worn glasses for about eight years now...I wear contacts to school, though. They're spiffy. ^_^

Kenta
October 9th, 2003, 08:19 PM
I never got Contact Lenses

I used to wear glasses for reading and driving

but I dont wear them anymore cause my vision is fine

Rift
October 9th, 2003, 08:40 PM
i have 3/20 vision! i cant even see 2 inches in front of me...WITH GLASSES!!!!nah, im just kidin around! i have perfect site! i have 100/20 vision! i can see Mars! :D

Junichi
October 9th, 2003, 08:53 PM
I own contact lens. There are green and blue.

Kairi
October 9th, 2003, 09:10 PM
I own contact lens. There are green and blue.

Much like Yuna's eyes if you've played FFX.

Geometric-sama
October 9th, 2003, 09:46 PM
I've been wearing glasses for the last 3 and a half years, the thought of sticking things in your eyes isn't particularly appealing to me. Um... how can you see through all-black lenses?

Dizzy
October 10th, 2003, 11:37 AM
um ... BTW ... those are colorful contacts , not for corrective vision.

Dizzy
October 10th, 2003, 11:44 AM
Here is the new and improved one ~

BTW - black is clear on the INSIDE.

baby*j
October 10th, 2003, 12:03 PM
I had green contacts once. It was all about vanity though - that
was "the ****" at the time.

Rift
October 10th, 2003, 12:12 PM
Cool contacts Dizzy! id get the void, the frosty, or the flame ones! there awesome! :D

Greed
October 10th, 2003, 12:40 PM
NOOO! Carol, Hun-AY, don't get contacts! Ur too young to go blind! *everyone stares*

What I mean by that is that Kairi is right. Contacts have more chance of blinding ur eyes *remember eyes are sensible* than helping u. I dunno why..But just don't get contacts.. THEY'RE EVIL!

~CaRtOON

Dizzy
October 10th, 2003, 01:08 PM
These are pretty Colorful .... You dont have to get them if you dont want to , you can just look at it.

Rift
October 10th, 2003, 01:11 PM
Wow! those are even cooler! i want some contacts like that to scare my friends! ^_^

Dizzy
October 10th, 2003, 01:13 PM
lol it took me forever to put them on Paint lol , i love the first one. just ask me what its called by giving me the group letter and row number.

22sa
October 10th, 2003, 02:47 PM
I WANT CONTACTS!!!!
I'm a 10 yr old that needs glasses 3.7something in one eye and 3.7something in another, or around that. Sooooo *takes off glasses* this thing is like 3mm thick! SAVE I'M GONNA BE BLIND WHEN I GET OLDER!!! >_> j/k... but I really want contacts. My parents say I might get contacts when I'm 15. That feels so, SO long time... :'(
That is a long time lol. I wear glasses, they costed $487 but we got $50 in discounts.

DragonTrainer
October 10th, 2003, 03:03 PM
Wow.How could glasses cost so much.are they gold plated?That just seems like a lot to pay for a pair of glasses

22sa
October 10th, 2003, 03:11 PM
Wow.How could glasses cost so much.are they gold plated?That just seems like a lot to pay for a pair of glasses
That's Canadian Dollars by the way. :P The lens frame itself was $200 of the $487.

Fire Master
October 10th, 2003, 03:19 PM
My god! That is expensive! And only for the frames! My glasses cost about 100-200 $, frames included.

22sa
October 10th, 2003, 03:27 PM
My god! That is expensive! And only for the frames! My glasses cost about 100-200 $, frames included.
I hated glasses so much when I was getting my 2nd pair, so I was very picky and the one I liked was $200. Now that I think about it, I don't remember why my mom agreed to pay such a high amount. These glasses actually prevented many disaters though, they've been squash, sat on, and slamed even x_x but it hasn't broke yet due to it's speacial features. They didn't break when a ball hit my glasses and also didn't break in much more serious, but embrassing situations (So I won't say it :P) too.

latiosspud
October 10th, 2003, 03:30 PM
I've had one of my glasses broken so far. I was walking out of the school when one of my friends said, "Think fast!" and I'm like, "Wtf?" and then he threw a basketball right into my face. :dead: :laugh:

22sa
October 10th, 2003, 03:33 PM
I've had one of my glasses broken so far. I was walking out of the school when one of my friends said, "Think fast!" and I'm like, "Wtf?" and then he threw a basketball right into my face. :dead: :laugh:
LOL, well do you have better glasses now? You should since you have the money unlike the rest of us poor PCers :P XD My current glasses wouldn't break if a basketball hit but the pair is getting old. x.x;;

latiosspud
October 10th, 2003, 03:38 PM
LOL, well do you have better glasses now? You should since you have the money unlike the rest of us poor PCers :P XD My current glasses wouldn't break if a basketball hit but the pair is getting old. x.x;;
I know I'm a little spoiled but anyway I refused to go to the place where they sell glasses where ever that is so I made my mother buy 5 pairs at a time and I would try them on until I found these flexible glasses. It's pretty cool because if you sit on them they don't break like my old ones would.

Dizzy
October 10th, 2003, 03:39 PM
I love my contacts , i scared my girlfriend lol ,she was like OMFG u look like a monster lmao ...

22sa
October 10th, 2003, 03:40 PM
I know I'm a little spoiled but anyway I refused to go to the place where they sell glasses where ever that is so I made my mother buy 5 pairs at a time and I would try them on until I found these flexible glasses. It's pretty cool because if you sit on them they don't break like my old ones would.
lol, did you sit on them on purpose or by accident? :P

Dizzy
October 10th, 2003, 03:43 PM
I have the Black Ones that color your eyes and i have the spirally ones

Haruka
October 10th, 2003, 03:45 PM
I have no need for glasses so far... if my vision go bad, I need to get glasses..

and anyway. If you wear contacts, you can't see the words on the board if it's far. :D

Dizzy
October 10th, 2003, 03:46 PM
... there just for color not using them for vision...

latiosspud
October 10th, 2003, 03:48 PM
lol, did you sit on them on purpose or by accident? :P
No, my brother dropped his school bag on it but that's still the same weight as a human.

Fire Master
October 10th, 2003, 03:49 PM
But you can get contacts that changed your color AND improve your vision. I tried them once.

22sa
October 10th, 2003, 03:52 PM
I don't think vision can improve without laser. I've been told before that visions can improve by looking outside the window and trying to see further away....... :/ :P
No, my brother dropped his school bag on it but that's still the same weight as a human.
Yah, what are you're glasses like? Mine's lens is rectangular shaped.

Fire Master
October 10th, 2003, 03:53 PM
Mine are oval shaped but I am getting my second pair like 22sa's.( rectangel shapped)

latiosspud
October 10th, 2003, 03:54 PM
I don't think vision can improve without laser. I've been told before that visions can improve by looking outside the window and trying to see further away....... :/ :P

Yah, what are you're glasses like? Mine's lens is rectangular shaped.
Mine is oval shaped, my eyes are both 1.25.

Dizzy
October 10th, 2003, 03:56 PM
I dont like Glasses , im never wearing them

Contacts are so much better , you can fit them right in your eyes.

22sa
October 10th, 2003, 03:57 PM
Mine are kind of bent though, like the lens isn't perpendicular (90 degrees) to horizontal axis.

latiosspud
October 10th, 2003, 04:02 PM
Mine are kind of bent though, like the lens isn't perpendicular (90 degrees) to horizontal axis.
Why don't you just buy new glasses?

22sa
October 10th, 2003, 04:12 PM
Why don't you just buy new glasses?
Our family is kind of bankrupt right now, because my mom doesn't have a job and the weak US dollar which is the currency my dad's pay is in.

latiosspud
October 10th, 2003, 04:14 PM
Our family is kind of bankrupt right now, because my mom doesn't have a job and the weak US dollar which is the currency my dad's pay is in.
Just cut your internet for a year or two...j/k

PokeTrainerCarol
October 10th, 2003, 06:08 PM
LOL XD

well my new glasses are much bigger, a very thing black frame, and small rectangle circle like shape...x_x and the hateful glass which is nearly 3mm. *takes off glasses* and now I can't see any letter I have no idea what I'm typing...*puts glasses on* hey! looks like I memorized the keyboard! (lol I swear all the roleplaying I did up there was true)

My old pair of glasses were a thin golden frame and oval shaped...they broke SO many times. One time I broke them myself...-_-

Miyu-chan
October 11th, 2003, 01:52 AM
My glasses are new. *_* Just got them last week along with my contacts. I personly dislike contacts, but hey, there's a price to be beautiful, ne? ;P

DragonTrainer
October 11th, 2003, 08:18 AM
I always seem to bend my glasses.But when I get contacts, I will never worry about glasses again.

Greed
October 11th, 2003, 11:46 AM
My glasses are new. *_* Just got them last week along with my contacts. I personly dislike contacts, but hey, there's a price to be beautiful, ne? ;P
Right on, Mum *that's my nickname for Miyu-Chan* Contacts are dangerous and I'm against them cus they blind people. ^^;; Yes, there's always a price for beauty, I don't care about looking beautiful no mo! Look! *shows off muscles* And I'm a fricking gurl!! XD

*Dies cus of steroid overdose*

~CaRtOON

22sa
October 11th, 2003, 01:01 PM
Yup, but if ya know how, it's worth it. :P

Kairi
October 11th, 2003, 01:05 PM
Some people find others with glasses better looking than their twenty/twenty counterparts, so neh. ;p

Haruka
October 11th, 2003, 01:06 PM
Heh... Try to be yourself... just wear glasses and don't worry about the danger of contact lenses.

BTW: I have perfect vision... so BOO ya!

Dizzy
October 11th, 2003, 01:10 PM
OMG , SO WHAT I HAVE CONTACTS Am I blind , no im not , That just goes to show that contacts dont always blind you , and the colorfuls ones are the same , i have vision improving and contacts that are colors ful , the reason why i got contacts is becuase i wanted to look more attractive then when i wore glasses.

Kairi
October 11th, 2003, 01:14 PM
Actually, surgery can enhance your vision to be as good as 20/15. I think that would be interesting.

Haruka
October 11th, 2003, 01:16 PM
But, if you do laser surgery.. there will be a 25% chance of being blind.. :\

Kairi
October 11th, 2003, 01:18 PM
Depends on if you go out of country to have it done or not. Only poor surgeons would give you a 75% chance of coming out of it with your vision in tact. As techniques improve it becomes safer and more effective. I doubt anyone who shots down one in four of his customers will stay in the business long.

DragonTrainer
October 11th, 2003, 01:27 PM
I still want to get contacts though.If something happens to my eyes when I get them, I will go back to glasses, but I definetly plan on getting contacts.

Dizzy
October 11th, 2003, 01:29 PM
Nothing Is wrong with Contacts , They are just as effective as glasses .

Theres nothing Wrong with Glasses either , i just prefer contacts.

22sa
October 11th, 2003, 02:24 PM
Depends on if you go out of country to have it done or not. Only poor surgeons would give you a 75% chance of coming out of it with your vision in tact. As techniques improve it becomes safer and more effective. I doubt anyone who shots down one in four of his customers will stay in the business long.
That looks like a sad low rate, I'm definately not going to try it if it's only 75%. :P

Haruka
October 11th, 2003, 02:26 PM
That looks like a sad low rate, I'm definately not going to try it if it's only 75%. :P
Unless you go to a professional eye doctor.. then the high suscess rate is 95%

and BOO ya! :D

22sa
October 11th, 2003, 02:32 PM
Unless you go to a professional eye doctor.. then the high suscess rate is 95%

and BOO ya! :D
Ohh, so it's not so bad, lol. :P I wouldn't mind 95% I guess.

Igglybuddy
October 11th, 2003, 05:13 PM
To me, laser eye surgery is like playing a game of double-or-nothing with really high odds. You'll probably win, but...what if you don't? I'd rather wear glasses than be blind. Also, I'm poor, so I can't afford it anyway.

Miyu-chan
October 11th, 2003, 05:32 PM
Right on, Mum *that's my nickname for Miyu-Chan* Contacts are dangerous and I'm against them cus they blind people. ^^;; Yes, there's always a price for beauty, I don't care about looking beautiful no mo! Look! *shows off muscles* And I'm a fricking gurl!! XD

*Dies cus of steroid overdose*

~CaRtOON

Mum? lol XD Then are you my daughter? >_>;

Kayleigh
October 12th, 2003, 06:10 PM
Ahh, I've heard that contacts hurt. >.> I don't wear glasses so I wouldn't know...

Igglybuddy
October 12th, 2003, 06:20 PM
It depends...if you get something stuck under the lens, or accidentally get cleaning solution in your eye, that can really effing KILL. The act of putting them in/taking them out doesn't hurt, although I pinched by eyeball once because I thought the lens was there when it wasn't...OWIE.

Haruka
October 12th, 2003, 06:35 PM
or easy... just wear glasses and forget contact lenses if they hurt...

Beauty never matters when you get to sight. (unless you model... :D)

mewthree w/armor
October 12th, 2003, 06:42 PM
I'm glad I got contacts when I did...I used to have these REALLY thick glasses cause my vision is terrible.

Luigi-San
October 12th, 2003, 07:09 PM
LMAO, that Contact Catalog is hilarious, Dizzy. #2 makes people think you're related to the Hulk, #6 looks like you have a SERIOUS case of pinkeye, and #8 would make people think you have a plain, colorless eyeball.

I hope to get contacts in my life, preferably Acuvue 2's.

Dizzy
October 12th, 2003, 07:27 PM
lmao , it was fun makin the catalog ... you guys should see this other one im makin.