PDA

View Full Version : Is it all gonna end?

jb0000612
September 27th, 2007, 05:57 PM
Is the generation of Pokemon gonna come to a close soon? I mean, it's been revealed which Pokemon created other Pokemon, how time and space, land and sea came to be. Besides, the anime season probably won't go anywhere after D/P or Battle Area.

If Pokemon is coming to an end...I want to say....THIS WAS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS IN MY LIFE, AND THANK YOU NINTENDO FOR BRINGING IT OUT INTO THE WORLD!

Shiraishi
September 27th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Lol, no. They already know that w/e they come out with, that fans will buy it. They're just being weird and are trying to appeal to non-poke fans >_> I'd like to see pokemon survive alongside Mario though XD

Anti
September 27th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Not so much...nintendo needs the $$$$$ to compete with sony and microsoft in the next gen console war...you realize pokemon makes it the most monay out of any other set of characters? Except Luigi, Mario, and co. Pomkemon won't stop until it loses SO much popularity that they nop longer make enough $$$$$$$$$$

Spinor
September 27th, 2007, 06:12 PM
As Hamtaro says, No-P. Pokemon may not end untill later than 2056. Let lightning strike me if i'm wrong! *gets struck* ok maybe 55 but who knows? maybe it'll be an eternity 0_o. but for sure Pokemon ain't stopin at the 4th generation. they haven't even covered sun and moon pokemon! or digital pokemon! (better than digimon). But srsly, 2008 or somethin? only the chinese would beleive that (no offense to the pkmn liking ones). Somehow i get the feeling pokemon may never end...

^VAdvancedK9V^

airconditioning
September 27th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Ha, Pokemon ain't goin' anywhere yet. Nintendo is making so much money with Pokemon, they can't afford to end it. So what if they have Pokemon that created the universe? Trust me, they'll find something else.

Also:

they haven't even covered sun and moon pokemon!

Solrock and Lunatone.

or digital pokemon!

Porygon.

jb0000612
September 28th, 2007, 04:15 AM
Well, I guess you're right. I mean, it would be cool to see 5th gens if there were gonna be.

NekoRobin
September 28th, 2007, 04:37 AM
But the pokemon are going lamer and lamer with every generation.
Gen 1 was the best, and maybe there was 1 pokemon who sucked, but not more.
Gen 2 only had some good pokemons. Startes included.
Gen 3 had some pretty good pokemon but lots of them sucked at same time.
Gen 4 game may be good but still. The starters are the best gen 4 pokemon but still gen 1 starters are better.

Anti
September 28th, 2007, 06:26 AM
But the pokemon are going lamer and lamer with every generation.
Gen 1 was the best, and maybe there was 1 pokemon who sucked, but not more.
Gen 2 only had some good pokemons. Startes included.
Gen 3 had some pretty good pokemon but lots of them sucked at same time.
Gen 4 game may be good but still. The starters are the best gen 4 pokemon but still gen 1 starters are better.

While I agree the decline of each gen is happening...those reasons are a bit iffy. However these are opinions...time to state mine. Gen 2 had more than "some" good pokemon. And by good, I mean worthwhile, not so much good at battles. Gen 3 had a bit of a decline, with some good pokes, but some disappointed me. Gen 4 made me lol...nearly all those new popkemon (not all, but most) had terrible design...or at least IMO.

Pokekid1995
September 28th, 2007, 06:28 AM
if they end it ittle be after 5gen

DarkArcz
September 28th, 2007, 07:29 AM
On the whole, I'd say no. Nintendo won't be giving up this cash cow for a long time to come. (din't stop it with Mario, and he's been around for 30 years)

But I see your point. As Pokemon are given more and more important "worldly" positions, it will take more and more creactivity to make new ones. The current most "important" legendary, Arceus, is practically a god...it's "the creator of the universe" after all.

only the chinese would beleive that (no offense to the pkmn liking ones).

^VAdvancedK9V^

*Gets offended* XD

Phatkav
September 28th, 2007, 01:13 PM
I highly doubt it. they can still creat other legends and myths without relating to Arceus.

And beside Pokemon is still popular so there is no point in giving up on it just yet.

JX Valentine
September 28th, 2007, 02:44 PM
On the one hand, I'm not a fan of DP and therefore wouldn't really care if it ended if they're going to keep on making DP-like generations (i.e. loaded with evolutions/preevolutions of Pokemon that have existed for generations), but on the other hand, Pokemon's one of Nintendo's main franchises. It's not quite at the same level as Legend of Zelda or Mario in terms of being a symbol for the company itself, but whenever someone mentions Nintendo, chances are, one of the first five franchises that'll pop into mind might be sooner Pokemon than, for example, Earthbound/Mother.

In other words, I agree with the other posters. Nintendo will milk the Pokemon name for all it's worth.

Shiraishi
September 28th, 2007, 02:56 PM
I lol at the people who say that the 1st gen starters are the best. Sinnoh's starters have great base stat distribution and good typing to boot. Venasaur is bulky, but it can get 2 hit KOd from EQs. Charizard has horrible typing and Blastoise needs a better movepool.

Anti
September 28th, 2007, 03:08 PM
I lol at the people who say that the 1st gen starters are the best. Sinnoh's starters have great base stat distribution and good typing to boot. Venasaur is bulky, but it can get 2 hit KOd from EQs. Charizard has horrible typing and Blastoise needs a better movepool.

Cake, no question you're correct. I think they mean "cooler" and I woukld agree. Nothing can beat the 1st gen starters, but in competitive battles, there are better pokemon. I still use em though.

jb0000612
September 29th, 2007, 06:21 AM
Still, I think Pokemon was at its prime in the 90's. I think this mainly because maybe I'm upset I can't find my Red and Blue versions and Game Link Cable.

Zig
September 30th, 2007, 11:12 AM
news just in pokemon are being shu *zigzaghakr shoots reporter in neck* thats better we'll keep pokemon now

Te-em
September 30th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Maybe they'll make Pokemon from other planets or from space like Deoxys. I think they'll make more Pokemon. There are too few Pokemon! I realised that when I made a Pokemon role play world. There are places where new Pokemon fits in.

Anti
September 30th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Maybe they'll make Pokemon from other planets or from space like Deoxys. I think they'll make more Pokemon. There are too few Pokemon! I realised that when I made a Pokemon role play world. There are places where new Pokemon fits in.

See, too many pokemon IMO...I respect your opinion, but totally disagree with it at the same time. There are nearly 500 pokemon...we don't need more. also, they've got plenty of space pokemon...palkia, deoxys, lunatone, solrock...yeah.

Te-em
September 30th, 2007, 12:42 PM
I once made a manga and a TCG and wanted a lot of monsters in it. I made over 300 then I made a new gen with over 300 again. I did this very fast, but what takes most time is if you have to give them stats and abilities. So why can't there be a lot of Pokemon as well? If there are not space enough, make the game world larger.
Or just think of all the animals in our world, There are thousands of them so why can't there be thousands of Pokemon? Well, some people who want to get all Pokemon will have a tough work ahead of them . . .

Myoko-chan
September 30th, 2007, 05:13 PM
No, are you crazy? Why would Nintendo give up their million dollar franchise?

Anti
September 30th, 2007, 05:18 PM
No, are you crazy? Why would Nintendo give up their million dollar franchise?

They wouldn't. Exactly the point. Nintendo has to compete with other companies, any advantage they can get, they will take, and pokemon is their best selling franchise I think, only Mario beats it I beklieve...so 2nd best selling franchise.

MasterWGS
September 30th, 2007, 05:21 PM
They wouldn't. Exactly the point. Nintendo has to compete with other companies, any advantage they can get, they will take, and pokemon is their best selling franchise I think, only Mario beats it I beklieve...so 2nd best selling franchise.

I'd be willing to bet Legend of Zelda has it beat. I meet very few people who don't enjoy Zelda/own some of the games.

However, I still doubt Pokemon being dropped any time soon.

Anti
September 30th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Pokemon appeals to a wider audience than Zelda, the little ones for example. Zelda would be 3 though...but yeah, Nintendo would be crazy to let go of pokemon.

MasterWGS
September 30th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Pokemon appeals to a wider audience than Zelda, the little ones for example. Zelda would be 3 though...but yeah, Nintendo would be crazy to let go of pokemon.

Idunno. The reading comprehension Pokemon requires is about as much as Zelda requires...

Trust me, I've tried to convert kids to Pokemonism (before anyone says anything, my mom runs a home daycare), but the instant gratification of Link's sword slashing down a bad guy usually catches their eyes first...

Anti
September 30th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Idunno. The reading comprehension Pokemon requires is about as much as Zelda requires...

Trust me, I've tried to convert kids to Pokemonism (before anyone says anything, my mom runs a home daycare), but the instant gratification of Link's sword slashing down a bad guy usually catches their eyes first...

True, but Twilight Princess would kill 'em. the Zelda games are too hasrd for most little kids, while pokemon is so easy DON'T bring up the fact I couldn't beat the E4 when I was littler...

Bishopk
September 30th, 2007, 05:50 PM
The reason Zelda or Mario will go on longer than Pokémon: They don't have to create 100 new enemies every game. They have the licence to use Octoroks and Goombas in every game. Pokémon? Once you've caught them all, there's no reason to play anymore (unless there are more to catch...)

jb0000612
October 1st, 2007, 04:23 AM
The reason why I brought up this thread is so we could talk about if Pokemon continues, will we fans like it? I mean, Nintendo likes money, but they wanna make sure we get excited about it. I mean, are there any more new functions that could be added? We have mini-games, world connection with other players, shinies, and good types. I just don't know if if Nintendo could expand the already huge Pokemon world. If there is a way, then I'll soak my head in orange juice.:D

Incinermyn
October 1st, 2007, 06:40 AM
You know, even if Pokemon were to just go stale from here on out, there are still those hard core fans that'll still love the games regardless. I mean, that's how sci-fi series such as Star Trek, Star Wars, and Stargate still continue to live on in some way, shape, or form; because they have those hard core fans and it seems to be a similar case with anime and gaming fans.

MasterWGS
October 1st, 2007, 09:30 AM
The reason why I brought up this thread is so we could talk about if Pokemon continues, will we fans like it? I mean, Nintendo likes money, but they wanna make sure we get excited about it. I mean, are there any more new functions that could be added? We have mini-games, world connection with other players, shinies, and good types. I just don't know if if Nintendo could expand the already huge Pokemon world. If there is a way, then I'll soak my head in orange juice.:D

Oh, trust me, there are ways. Take for example, a Wii Pokemon adventure game (unlikely, but eh..) that goes of the weather in the Weather Channel, and puts it into the game. Take for instance, if it's sunny in reality, it'll be sunny/normal in the Poke-world. If it's rainy, it will be raining in your Poke-world, etc.

They could make the online systems much better. Have 2v2 matches with four players online. Have an online battle tower that you can do with someone over the internet, online Contests, a ranking system, and much more.

I'm sure they could make new types. Check out people's Fakemon/Next Gen Ideas if you don't believe. If we can come up with new good ideas, I'm sure the executives at Nintendo can.

Anti
October 1st, 2007, 09:32 AM
Very good point. Nintendo has the money to get people who come up with ideas that kids will want to have. Producers and consumers...welcome to America.

airconditioning
October 1st, 2007, 11:47 AM

JB, what you don't seem to get is that Nintendo is already doing that. Pokemon has been milked since Pokemon Yellow. 100 new Pokemon, a few new features, and we have the next Pokemon game that's guaranteed to sell like hotcakes. Trust me, I think Nintendo can find ways to milk this cash cow for at least a few more generations. With 10 million copies of Diamond and Pearl sold already, they certainly have good motivation.

Zig
October 2nd, 2007, 10:39 AM
I think i've seen a pic on google showin boxart for gold/silver remakes woo

airconditioning
October 2nd, 2007, 11:32 AM
I think i've seen a pic on google showin boxart for gold/silver remakes woo

PROTIP: Fake pictures are fake.

Jorah
October 2nd, 2007, 11:48 AM
Yeah, they're fake. But G/S remakes for the DS would be so cool. My Silver's internal battery died a few months ago...and the music in those games have some of my favourites :D Wow, that smilie is ugly. I don't like the smilies on this site.

500 isn't that many. Apparently (I don't know) Digimon have somewhere around a 1000. I have no idea though, that's just what I've heard.

I remember reading somewhere last year that its Pokemon that's Nintendo's second biggest selling franchise, not Zelda. If you Google it, most people think that its Zelda but when you read articles they say Pokemon. Obviously there are a lot of closet fans...

Zig
October 3rd, 2007, 08:25 AM
if this is fake its preety damn good

http://www.pokefeeds.com/news/possible.jpg

Te-em
October 3rd, 2007, 10:10 AM
Yes, they look real, but I like the old box arts more.

Incinermyn
October 3rd, 2007, 10:20 AM
Those pics are pretty convincing, but some fans tend to create fake box arts solely for the purpose of fooling other fans. I hate those who do this kind of stuff. Now, if they annouced this to be a prediction of the box arts for well-wanted GS remakes, then I wouldn't have minded seeing this because the art on them is really good!

Zig
October 3rd, 2007, 11:18 AM
By the way if anyone can translate it plz

Jorah
October 3rd, 2007, 11:40 AM
if this is fake its preety damn good

http://www.pokefeeds.com/news/possible.jpg

Yes, those are FAKE. Someone made them a few years ago for April fools I think. I don't think Nintendo would ever put so much effort into the box art :(

Zig
October 3rd, 2007, 11:49 AM
You never know I got it from pokefeeds in the news section

Te-em
October 3rd, 2007, 12:05 PM
What do you mean they wouldn't put so much effort in the box art? I think the old ones are pretty good, but of course . . . they don't put that much effort in them anymore. And Ken Sugimori's art is no good anymore either.:(

Zig
October 3rd, 2007, 12:12 PM
i think its possible nintendo have done em

.-'Infernal Hylian'-.
October 3rd, 2007, 12:19 PM
That may actually be true... highly doubtfull though. I think zels shiny gold hack would be more worth buying :)

Me2UJus4Free
October 3rd, 2007, 04:29 PM
Yeah, they're fake. But G/S remakes for the DS would be so cool. My Silver's internal battery died a few months ago...and the music in those games have some of my favourites :D Wow, that smilie is ugly. I don't like the smilies on this site.

Can't you just replace it?

Pokemon will continue on until Nintendo comes up with a toilet Pokemon. Then the series will die a noisy death, because no one wants to battle with a toilet.

Aegis
October 4th, 2007, 05:27 AM
I doubt it. As long as the anime has fans, and the games sell, it's highly unlikely that the series will end. You have to keep in mind, even if fans like us who watched it when it first came on don't like it, that doesn't mean that little kids can't. To me, it appears that the franchise is targeting a younger age range, mainly elementary school kids.

And addressing those fake box art pictures, I'm 99% sure that the Kanji on the boxes are off, and thats why it can be said they're fake.

Jorah
October 4th, 2007, 07:22 AM
You never know I got it from pokefeeds in the news section

On the picture it says pokemonmillenium.net which is an Italian Pokemon fansite. I saw it months and months ago and there were topics about it on this forum ages ago. Its fake, unfortunatly

What do you mean they wouldn't put so much effort in the box art? I think the old ones are pretty good, but of course . . . they don't put that much effort in them anymore. And Ken Sugimori's art is no good anymore either.:(

They never have put much effort into it. They make a swirly background and slap on Sugimori's pictures. The pictures on that box aren't Suigimori's offical pictures, they don't have the whole of the Pokemon on and they're photoshopped very well to blend in with the background.

Can't you just replace it?

I know nothing about batteries. And not just that, I'd love to see Johto in DS graphics and have all the updated music.

Te-em
October 4th, 2007, 08:39 AM
They never put much effort in the backgrounds, not on the TCG cards either, but I still sthink Ken Sugimori was better before, even if I never thought he was very good. Nowadays, even I would make better pictures than him.

Me2UJus4Free
October 4th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Nowadays, even I would make better pictures than him.

You know, you have to back up those claims.

I know nothing about batteries. And not just that, I'd love to see Johto in DS graphics and have all the updated music.

How to replace internal batteries for Pokemon. (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=345255)

I would like to see a Pokemon game in a style like the FFIII remake, or like Phantom Hourglass. No more top down screen stuff and battles in 3D. That would be so cool. But that's only going to happen when I become a best seller.

mudkiprulz
October 4th, 2007, 06:48 PM
On the whole, I'd say no. Nintendo won't be giving up this cash cow for a long time to come. (din't stop it with Mario, and he's been around for 30 years)

But I see your point. As Pokemon are given more and more important "worldly" positions, it will take more and more creactivity to make new ones. The current most "important" legendary, Arceus, is practically a god...it's "the creator of the universe" after all.

*Gets offended* XD

*me too* i like digimon and am chinese:'(

and btw, i read in a record book that pokemon was the bestseller of the year, and i dont really remember which year.

Zanacross
October 5th, 2007, 11:09 AM
Ive thought of something they can do to make pokemon *fresh* again.

and adventure in space on palkias or dialgia's back and have the truck where ss ann is and make it so we can push it and claim mew.

lol

In think it gets better and better every time.

Te-em
October 5th, 2007, 11:28 AM
I wished they could have seasons in pocket monsters, so that different Pokemon appear depending on what season it is. Like ice pokemon appear in winter and bugs in the summer. Just like they have day and nigt now. The seasons are affected by what month it is in the real world.

Syaoran_2001
October 5th, 2007, 01:19 PM
I don't think Pokemon will be ending soon, it's only been around for 10 years. Look at other popular series like Final Fantasy, it's been around for 20 years with 13 direct sequels and numerous spinoffs and remakes, and it's still going. Pokemon will probably go on for 10 more years with games for all of Nintendo's next consoles. Pokemon is most likely one of the big reasons Nintendo's handheld market survived and one of the reasons why the DS is more popular than the PSP. Sure, there's not much more they can do with it, but that won't stop them, they'll continue to make more games to get new generations of kids playing, and to rope in the older fans too, just like they've been doing with recent games.

Zig
October 5th, 2007, 01:29 PM
No pokemon shall never end never

MasterWGS
October 5th, 2007, 01:39 PM
A friend of mine suggested real-time battle, but isn't that sort of what Mystery Dungeon is? (I haven't played it, so I'm in no way sure...)

Spartan.Z-2-7
October 5th, 2007, 08:40 PM
As Hamtaro says, No-P. Pokemon may not end untill later than 2056. Let lightning strike me if i'm wrong! *gets struck* ok maybe 55 but who knows? maybe it'll be an eternity 0_o. but for sure Pokemon ain't stopin at the 4th generation. they haven't even covered sun and moon pokemon! or digital pokemon! (better than digimon). But srsly, 2008 or somethin? only the chinese would beleive that (no offense to the pkmn liking ones). Somehow i get the feeling pokemon may never end...

^VAdvancedK9V^

Transmission START:

Ok, this just caught my attention Immensely, if that makes sense, could you imagine it? year is 2056, we have a cyborg pikachu following ash's greatx(X) son or daughter. Pikachu would have like crimson eyes made of diamond and like the body would shape shift to shoot out the lightning, they'd probably call it Pokemon in space or something. But remaining on topic*and I don't see the Pokemon Series dying out anytime soon. Even the Halo series isn't gonna last but the next 2 games and film they're making. The books are great but its just not as popular as Pokemon. Pokemon IS probably eternal.

Transmission END.

Zig
October 6th, 2007, 12:27 AM
Can I just say there have been moon pokemon, clefairy, lunatone etc. and there been one sun pokemon solrock

jb0000612
October 22nd, 2007, 01:46 PM
Just as long as they make stuff fresh, I hope Pokemon never ends(at least before I die).:)

♥~*Abby*~♥
October 23rd, 2007, 11:04 AM
Is the generation of Pokemon gonna come to a close soon? I mean, it's been revealed which Pokemon created other Pokemon, how time and space, land and sea came to be. Besides, the anime season probably won't go anywhere after D/P or Battle Area.

If Pokemon is coming to an end...I want to say....THIS WAS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS IN MY LIFE, AND THANK YOU NINTENDO FOR BRINGING IT OUT INTO THE WORLD!

i have 2 agree. if it ends, I'll be very sad.

Jorah
October 23rd, 2007, 12:10 PM

The legendaries don't always have to be the main story of the game. In GSC they were part of a backstory or subplot whatever.

I wished they could have seasons in pocket monsters, so that different Pokemon appear depending on what season it is. Like ice pokemon appear in winter and bugs in the summer. Just like they have day and nigt now. The seasons are affected by what month it is in the real world.

Ack, no way! I don't want to have to wait a whole year to get some Pokemon! Although the idea of seasons is cool, maybe it could just have weather and lighting effects

Virtual Chatot
October 23rd, 2007, 12:13 PM
It'll end eventually, and all you people are going to just have to accept it :/

I don't see it going past a 6th Generation...

Te-em
October 23rd, 2007, 12:26 PM
Final Fantasy hasn't ended, nor has Dragon Quest. Why would Pocket Monsters end? I don't know which is most popular though.

Virtual Chatot
October 23rd, 2007, 12:29 PM
^ Well you see...A ton of a lot more people like Final Fantasy than Pokemon...

So naturally...yeah they'll always have new titles until the designers all die

Te-em
October 23rd, 2007, 12:44 PM
If they made each Pokemon game different from the other maybe, just like FF is. More variation.

jb0000612
October 24th, 2007, 01:22 PM
I'd like to see a Pokemon game set back in prehistoric times. Y'know, where you use Acorns for Poke Balls.:D

Te-em
October 24th, 2007, 01:26 PM
I would like to see that, too. Like in the beginning of Mew and the Hero of the Wave Lucario.

jb0000612
October 26th, 2007, 06:10 AM
That Hero of The Wave thing was just for the aime.

Te-em
October 26th, 2007, 06:19 AM
Yes, but a game like that. More like a classic RPG. In a medieval world. The Trainers can aslo fight, with weapons and armour, and you can equip things on your Pokemon (like the armour they use in that movie).

Dealm
October 26th, 2007, 09:09 AM
We dont know maybe they'll stop working on pokemon for a while(maybe a year or two)thinking of new pokemon then will continue. YA-HA!!

jb0000612
October 30th, 2007, 05:04 AM
If there is gonna be a new Pokemon generation, it probably won't come until 2009.

Te-em
October 30th, 2007, 12:08 PM
Or at the end of 2008, I think, (just as 4th gen came at the end of '06). Maybe they release a new 4th gen game this year and maybe some kind of remake to old ones the next year and in the end of '08 or beginning of '09 the 5th gen games will come.
There were 4-5 years between 1st and 2nd gen, I think, and 2 years or something between the next, and then about 4 years again. I don't know . . .

Shiraishi
October 30th, 2007, 12:10 PM
2009? Heck no. I'm thinking 2011-12. They took 4 years to make D/P..

hannahmiley
October 31st, 2007, 07:02 AM
Like the bible, the story didn't end when the last prophet rose to Heaven, and neither is Pokemon. If I could make suggestions to Nintendo, I would suggest they create a "Messiah" Pokemon who saved the world from the punishment of sin.

And here are what the generations and their worlds are based on:

Gen1: Nothing, the creator's imagination.
Gen2: Japanese legends.
Gen3: Greek style.
Gen4: Hebrew origins (Bible)

I think Nintendo should create, like what someone stated earlier, a medievil styled world and storyline. Or Chinese legends. Whatever it is, I think Nintendo is going to borrow the ideas for new Pokemon generations from cultures all over the world, so don't worry. Like everyone else says, it's not gonna end anytime soon.

PS: If they make a Pokemon MMORPG, it would hit big time!

- Hannah-Sama

Te-em
October 31st, 2007, 07:06 AM
A Pokemon MMORPG is what I want most! On the DS.