PDA

View Full Version : What exactly is this place???

Harper
September 27th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Can someone explain to me how you can trade pokemon from across the world??? are you playing a rom file or sumfin, becaose last time i cheked there is no gameboy plug in on my computer...
is this just with pearl and diamond?

PS i know theres probably another thread like this somewere but i cant find it...

ThePlaya
September 27th, 2007, 07:44 PM
its called the gts(global trading station) and you have to have wifi in order to do that

Harper
September 27th, 2007, 07:47 PM
wifi??... like in my gameboy??? does it work with LG?? do i need to buy something,like a special link cable??

ThePlaya
September 27th, 2007, 07:50 PM
what you will need is internet acces(which you most likely have)and no the gameboys dont have that.Then buy a wireless router or that one thing for the nintendo ds and/or wii...i think is called...i forgot.do you have a wiereless router??and no cables neccasarry.

Harper
September 27th, 2007, 07:52 PM
yeh i have wireless, but i dont have a DS. will my LG wireless cable thing work?

Chaolin
September 27th, 2007, 07:53 PM
yeh i have wireless, but i dont have a DS. will my LG wireless cable thing work?

Nope. You need a DS to access a Wi-Fi connection.

Nacon
September 27th, 2007, 07:53 PM
no... the GTS is an exclusive wifi feature that is found on Diamond and Pearl... I think it's time for you to get it!

ThePlaya
September 27th, 2007, 07:55 PM
yeah so you cant do it if you dont have diamond or pearl...its the only way too do it.

Harper
September 27th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Dammit dammit!!!
but i dont understand!
diamond and pearl havnt come out yet! and i donteven have a DS
:( uhhh sad...

ThePlaya
September 27th, 2007, 07:56 PM
yeah it has...where do you live??????????

Harper
September 27th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Australia.... i havnt seen it in any stores yet...
Ps i never realy planned on buying it. i got over this consumerism thing. buying one gameboy, then having to buy the next one and the next one... and i didnt wana get the DS cos you cant plug a link cable into it and trade from LG to FR

ThePlaya
September 27th, 2007, 07:59 PM
ohhhhh.....wait i think it came out already...let me check something and ill tell you.i live in the U.S. so of course it came out already...like 6 months ago(i think)

Star★Seeker
September 27th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Okay:
GTS(Global Trade Station) is where you can search for pokemon, you'll need atleast one badge to get their.Wi-Fi is when you exchange a code witgh somebody here and the game will somehow recognize it.You can battle and trade through Wi-Fi.It is exclusive to the DS and Wii, but only with Wi-Fi enabled games like:
Animal Crossing:Wild World(DS)
Pokemon Battle Revolution(Wii)

ThePlaya
September 27th, 2007, 08:02 PM
hey harper i checked some of my PMs because me and this ohter person from here(ultimate_trainer)lives in Australia and while we were talking i think it came out already but like only recnetly and there like 50-65 dollars....thats a lot compared to here(35 dollars)

Harper
September 27th, 2007, 08:19 PM
yeh but your money is worth 75 aus cents. so it comes down a lot aswell... 65$ is probly around 35 american $ i cant b sure tho...
so you guys ar telling me the only way i can get on this global trade thing is by buying a DS and diamond/pearl?
Aproximatly how much all up??... in aus dolars anyone who knows?

Star★Seeker
September 27th, 2007, 08:25 PM
yeh but your money is worth 75 aus cents. so it comes down a lot aswell... 65$ is probly around 35 american $ i cant b sure tho...
so you guys ar telling me the only way i can get on this global trade thing is by buying a DS and diamond/pearl?
Aproximatly how much all up??... in aus dolars anyone who knows?I don't know bout Australia money but here:
DS:$130
Game:$37(I saw one at my walt-mart at $40!)
Wi-Fi Adapter:$40
------
$207

Harper
September 27th, 2007, 08:37 PM
ohh well... if i'm any good at maths, then i wont have nearly enough money... i'l brobably be able to get the Ds and maybe the game but that's a maybe... dosnt the DS already come with inbuilt wireless??

Star★Seeker
September 27th, 2007, 08:40 PM
ohh well... if i'm any good at maths, then i wont have nearly enough money... i'l brobably be able to get the Ds and maybe the game but that's a maybe... dosnt the DS already come with inbuilt wireless??Yes it does, but to connect around the world you'll need an adapter.

Harper
September 27th, 2007, 08:47 PM
oh well... its probably better if i dont buy it... i'd probably just throttle all u guys until you cant fight anymore... so i shud just stay out of the round the world fighting :)

ThePlaya
September 27th, 2007, 08:51 PM
well i dont think you shouldnt since thats one of the best features that it has and when you beat the game you can battle and trade with anyone around the world.
its a fun thing to do.:)

Harper
September 27th, 2007, 08:55 PM
your inviting yourself to get destroyed by the ultimate lvl 2weedle boy?? Fine by me, but if i do buy it and put all ur pokemon in disabled wheelchairs then dont start crying?

ThePlaya
September 27th, 2007, 08:57 PM
ha your funny harper...MY BLAZIN CHARIZARD'S FLAMETHROWER WILL FRY YOUR LITTLE WEEDLE:).ILL BEAT YOU;)

Skymin
September 27th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Harper, I live in Australia.

It came out June 21st, and is around $60 - $70. Just check at EB, Big W, Target, and practically ALL good electronic stores. If you haven't seen it when you've gone shopping, you're probably not looking at all. DS' are $180.

DS can play GBA games and you can put your pokemon from your GBA games to Diamond and Pearl when you've gained the National Dex, which doesn't take long.

Hope that helped.

Harper
September 27th, 2007, 09:07 PM
yeh i probably will buy it... when i get the money...
Oh, and playa? DOnt u EVER diss weedle! you havnt seen it's secret move that works realy well against things with wings and breath fire with pot-bellies. It kills them in one hit! So watch out next time your walking through viridian forrest and ur charizard is lookin a bit jumpy.

weedles are about...