PDA

View Full Version : How many people in your school like pokemon?

|Maximus|
October 2nd, 2007, 04:24 PM
How many people like pokemon in your school.Only some people do around 5-7 and those people are kinda freaky o.o.And do kids make fun of you because you like it.They do to me.:'(

Dr.Stiles
October 2nd, 2007, 04:27 PM
none............XD seriously no one in my school likes pokemans and theyd make fun of me if they new i did T.T

Shiraishi
October 2nd, 2007, 04:32 PM
3 people in my class have D/P, but they're n00bs. >_>;

airconditioning
October 2nd, 2007, 04:36 PM
A lot of kids I know like Pokemon, in a nostalgic sort of way. I doubt they still play it, but I do remember my class once singing the Pokemon theme song in 20-part harmony. Of course, they're probably in the minority compared with the rest of the school.

And I do have a small group of friends that still play Pokemon. In fact, one of my friends actually convinced me to come back to Pokemon after I had given it up during the R/S days.

Shiraishi
October 2nd, 2007, 04:41 PM
Lol, I'm trying to convince my friend to do wi-fi battles, but he said no after hearing the price of the wi-fi connector. He actually attempted to EV train in-game so his team will be better than most n00bs.

airconditioning
October 2nd, 2007, 04:43 PM
Lol, I'm trying to convince my friend to do wi-fi battles, but he said no after hearing the price of the wi-fi connector. He actually attempted to EV train in-game so his team will be better than most n00bs.

My friend IV breeds. He has more than three full boxes of Togepis. I usually release the bastard children. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v634/Gamerman/yelwacko.gif

DarthSenorQueso
October 2nd, 2007, 04:44 PM
abot 400\500 in my school

emolicious
October 2nd, 2007, 05:56 PM
ive never noticed if anyone in my skool look like pokemon. they look more like preps

pants01
October 2nd, 2007, 06:12 PM
about 6, maybe more.

People really never made fun of me cause I like pokemon

diamondpearl876
October 2nd, 2007, 07:06 PM
I saw some kid with a pokemon shirt today, and I know one who is totally in to the trading card game and everything. And.. some girl at my lunch table does. The other kids say they don't like it anymore, and she's like "OMG I LOVE POKEMON!" XD That's all I know of. I think a lot of people hide it, like myself.

Evil Rocket Scientist
October 2nd, 2007, 07:53 PM
i won't ask them, I won't take the risk, but i know many people that likes them and they are > than 16

.Eevee-Chan
October 2nd, 2007, 08:03 PM
they are mainly guys in my class that like it.

a few in other classes that are girls though.

Syaoran_2001
October 2nd, 2007, 08:11 PM
I don't know many other college students who still like Pokemon. There was this one girl in my Japanese class who was really into it, but she was the overbearing annoying ultra-fangirl type who was only taking Japanese so she could brag to all her other fangirl friends that she knew what they were saying in her Naruto fansubs. The type of person who's in their mid 20's but still acts like they're 14.

A couple of my friends from that class though would talk about the first gen. games every once in awhile, except they were reminiscing, not genuinely still interested in it. We reminisced about a lot of cool stuff we liked as kids, like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and other cool things from the 90's.

ToraSushii
October 2nd, 2007, 10:32 PM
I know only 3. People at my school care about "other" things.

Kyogre77
October 2nd, 2007, 10:43 PM
Most peps at my school thinks it dumb thats why I keep it on a low profile ^^;;

Confessions
October 2nd, 2007, 10:58 PM
I know none in my school that likes or even plays Pokemon. I'm sure that they're not even aware of it.

Radikaru
October 3rd, 2007, 01:41 AM
None that I know of.
A lot of the people in my class are in their 30s, I'm not sure they would be interested. :P

Katalyst
October 3rd, 2007, 02:13 AM
Very, very, very, VERY few people actually like Pokemon in my school. Around 6-7/1200 people there likes Pokemon. Pokemon isn't popular in Portuguese teenagers...

But the people I know that knows I like Pokemon doesn't make fun of me.

Smarties-chan
October 3rd, 2007, 04:18 AM
Other than me, there are 4 others that I know of; 3 people on the 8th grade who are all my friends (two of them suck though. =P) and a girl on the 9th grade who used to be in the same class with me when I was on the 5th grade. (I was in a class with 5th and 6th graders mixed) I also believe there are 2 completely random people I don't know at all who play Pokémon because last year I heard someone tell another person he'd trade his Kyogre to him. I have no idea who they were, though.

Sheena--Fujibayashi
October 3rd, 2007, 05:26 AM
I`m the only one in my class that likes Pocket Monsters. I`m not joking. =o Many people in my class are into other animes & mangas, I believe so.

fattyeater
October 3rd, 2007, 05:59 AM
okay for me there are 4 generations

color generation/red and blue and yellow
metal generation/gold and silver and crystal
gem generation ruby/sapphire firered leafgreen and emerald
jewlwrary generation/diamond pearl

first the color gerneration,in the color generation,theres was a lot people because pokemon was new and popular besicly my whole naborhood had pokemon cards and games,but i only battleed my friends,thay were my brother,my japanese friend and my white friend(not giving names because i don`t have permission from them)me,i was only 10 years old and so was my japfriend too my bro.was 9 and my lightfriend was 12 i remeber playing pokemon me and my brother were the strongest,why? because back then no one knew about EV-training and it was by accendent that me and my bro accually trained our pokemon,as for everone else was using the missingno.rare candy trick,yeah those were all right days....the metal gerneration,my japfriend leaves to a diffrent school,me my bro.and my friend find a little bratty kid to play gold and silver with,we also had twins to play with but the twins and my friend and the brat said gold was better!you see only me and my bro.had silver version so it became war my bro.and me agenst all of those gold-users but thay did make one mistake you see thay migrated most of their team from red and blue so their pokemon were not EV-trained,like me and my bro`s so like usial we won and proved that silver was best,when crystal was released i was disspointed that you can be a girl,I had a filling boys were choose girls,why? don`t ask me because i don`t know.....the gem gerneration,it was kinda fun in the begining i found this kid playing pokemon in class(we were both in speical ED)he was battling a pokemon I said you have pokemon and he said yes.so we arrenged a day to play,like always i won and we decided to bring our games everyday,one day i we were compairing pokemon seeing whos lager groudon or kyogre,and i notice his character shadow was diffrent from mine that only ment his was MAY!!!!!why?he a freaking boy!!!! well he made an excuse saying that hes copying the TV show but the TV show did not air on the first day ruby/sapphire came out,i did not buy it,so i teased him saying you like may,now this was in my 9th grade year it was not intell my 10th grade year in the begining me and my frined had a 4 way battle waith a couple of noobs and near the end of the year around the time pokemon colosuim came out me and my freind met up with these 3 jeleus people at lunch the 1st was was a balttler the 2nd was battler and collector and the 3rd was just a collector well me and my friend teamed up and had a 4 way battle!!!us agenst the jellys well it was a close one but me and my friend won!in my 11th grade year it was only pokemon battling and may teaseing,the jewarly genration now that i`am completed pokedex,i`am just collecting events now.but all of thise people were in school with me.

BreD
October 3rd, 2007, 07:21 AM
Almost all my good friends are obsessed with Nintendo, therefor they are most probaly obsessed with pokemon.
About 14 play it.
and lots more don't hate it, but just don't play it.

Willbey
October 3rd, 2007, 07:42 AM
I don't know... maybe 2? Or 3? I don't know but there's more than 1.

darkgamerGS
October 3rd, 2007, 08:32 AM
I know quite a few people that like Pokemon at my school (Around three), but it's a college, so... maybe that's why so few people like it. But I wouldn't know.

Aegis
October 3rd, 2007, 09:17 AM
Well, seeing as how I'm homeschooled, I suppose everybody in my school likes it *shot*

But, in my old school, I think one or two others might have liked it.

Murky
October 3rd, 2007, 11:00 AM
When i was in primary school everyone loved it.
When i was is secondary school noone like it or at least they didnt admit they liked it. And now i dont really no anyone that like it hehe.

Razer302
October 3rd, 2007, 11:02 AM
A lot of people in my year still play it. Not many of the younger kids do. All my sisters friends take the mick out of me for playing them.

|Maximus|
October 3rd, 2007, 11:36 AM
Same here everybody nobody likes pokemon and i would be the little gay hobo that gets picked on if people knew I like pokemon.T_T

Jorah
October 3rd, 2007, 11:43 AM
Yeah. Pokemon turns you homosexual.

Well, in my school there's me...and...me...

|Maximus|
October 3rd, 2007, 12:09 PM
Yeah. Pokemon turns you homosexual.

Well, in my school there's me...and...me...Im not gay you weirdo dang

ThePlaya
October 3rd, 2007, 04:54 PM
i have some frinds that like pokemon

but i dont know about my school but im sure there are a lot of ppl who do like pokemon but just afraid to show it.who agrees with me?

|Maximus|
October 3rd, 2007, 04:59 PM
Thats what everybody has been saying.My cousin likes it my friend likes it and um just those two.

Gunn
October 3rd, 2007, 10:05 PM
Well, not a whole lot as far as I know. Students here don't place much of a emphasis on it.

DarkArcz
October 4th, 2007, 12:02 AM
I'd have to say 2-3. They like it, their just too scared to admit it. To them, it seems rather childish to play a game that involves enslaving creatures, shoving them into tiny capsules, feeding them on only tiny pieces of candy or a random muffin and forcing them to do battle with their own kind.

fredlocks
October 4th, 2007, 12:22 AM
I'd have to say about half of my school which is out of about 1500, I wouln't know xD

シーツー
October 4th, 2007, 04:27 AM
Well, actually, I don´t know anyone who likes Pokemon in my school^^"
But I think there´re maybe some Poke fans but they´re too afraid to show that they like it. Like me.
I´m sure the others in my class would make fun of me if they knew that I like it -_-

Jorah
October 4th, 2007, 07:06 AM
Im not gay you weirdo dang

lol I know. I was being sarcastic towards people who would say that. I don't know about you, but I don't see many hobos who play Pokemon. Somehow, I don't think catching Pikachu is at the top of their problems list XD

i have some frinds that like pokemon

but i dont know about my school but im sure there are a lot of ppl who do like pokemon but just afraid to show it.who agrees with me?

Yeah, no-one at my school would ever guess that I like Pokemon

.-'Infernal Hylian'-.
October 4th, 2007, 07:24 AM
A few people in my school like it, but not many. I still think they would make fun if they found out i liked it...

|Maximus|
October 6th, 2007, 04:26 AM
Yeah I love pokemon but everybody at my school will beat me up and pick on me if they knew XDD

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
October 6th, 2007, 06:56 AM
dude I don't know and some of my friends like them I guess.

:t354:TG

Myoko-chan
October 6th, 2007, 07:04 AM
About a 100, I see most of the 3rd and 4th graders trading their Pokemon cards and stuff. But in my class exactly, no one, and thus I sometimes get made fun of, and people say "GET OUT OF PIKACHULAND ALREADYYYY". I don't really mind though.

Azonic
October 6th, 2007, 08:23 AM
Not many people like pokemon in middle skool

Lady Nicole
October 6th, 2007, 12:37 PM
I think it's just me and this one guy :laugh:

|Maximus|
October 7th, 2007, 05:26 AM
Ya I agree with everybody lol.Some people were my friends and I told them I liked it and they picked on me so I ain't there friend anymore.=D lol

ShinyGold2
October 7th, 2007, 05:28 AM
no one does
they would make fun of me if they knew i did
even my parents make fun of me for it (in a funny way)

|Maximus|
October 7th, 2007, 06:08 AM
Yeah so do my parents.=[It stinks.Everybody is into myspaces and trying to be all that and stuff.

ShinyGold2
October 7th, 2007, 06:11 AM
i dont see wats so good about myspace
no one nt one person in my year (yr 9) hav ever liked pokemon

|Maximus|
October 7th, 2007, 06:17 AM
Ya it sucks and myspace sucks...No offense Tom lol

~Shaymin~
October 7th, 2007, 06:47 AM
well, not many people.

its me, maybe one other girl, and 3 other guys.

Zanacross
October 7th, 2007, 06:53 AM
About 15 out of 300 in my year

Surprise suprise there all my freinds

In the whole school its about 30 and

surprise, there all my mates lol.

not too bad for me. Everyone rags me like hell cos "man your in yr11, pokemons for babys"
lol its just funny.

darkphoenixdude
October 7th, 2007, 06:59 AM
Like...Three people in my whole school T_T Including me!! :'(

ShinyGold2
October 7th, 2007, 07:01 AM
in my school there is a yu-gi-oh club
waaaaaaay more babyish then pokemon

Zanacross
October 7th, 2007, 07:03 AM
We use to have one of them in my school.

|Maximus|
October 7th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Yeah more people like Yugioh more than Pokemon and its waaay mroe babyish than pokemon.

airconditioning
October 7th, 2007, 10:02 AM
I wouldn't say that Yu-Gi-Oh is babyish. Have you seen the Blue Eyes White Dragon? He looks freakin' hardcore. I would say that Yu-Gi-Oh is crappier, however.

Phatkav
October 7th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Let me see. There is me and there are 3 of my other friends who have D/P and actually play competitively. Then there are two other people who like Pokemon and have the GBA games and they want D/P, but they don't have a DS yet. Plus there are couple others who have D/P or like Pokemon but secretly.

Also for some reason the making fun of people who like Pokemon went out of style in my school. Heck, almost everyone I talk with know I love Pokemon, but they don't seem to care.

|Maximus|
October 7th, 2007, 10:28 AM
I wish my school was like that.Yugioh isnt really babyish i shouldnt have said that it is yes crappy lol

Rainfall
October 7th, 2007, 10:34 AM
I don't know. Those who do like it don't admit it. >_>

Phatkav
October 7th, 2007, 10:35 AM
I still don't get why people won't admit they like Pokemon. I mean, I'm pretty sure every one doesn't care or have the time to make fun of you because you like Pokemon.

|Maximus|
October 7th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Kinda like me XDD i dont admit that i like pokemon

Jorah
October 7th, 2007, 12:21 PM
I still don't get why people won't admit they like Pokemon. I mean, I'm pretty sure every one doesn't care or have the time to make fun of you because you like Pokemon.

Well, I suppose people aren't randomly going to ask "Hey, do you like Pokemon?" or people aren't randomly going to say "Hey everyone! I like Pokemon!" I think people would be too embarrassed. If someone asked me, I'd say that I like it. But I don't think anyone would ever randomly ask

Pixelated
October 7th, 2007, 12:26 PM
My best friend likes it but he hides it from other people like I do. But mainly I don't really know if anyone likes pokemon in my school or not because they most likely hide it.

Phatkav
October 7th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Well, I suppose people aren't randomly going to ask "Hey, do you like Pokemon?" or people aren't randomly going to say "Hey everyone! I like Pokemon!" I think people would be too embarrassed. If someone asked me, I'd say that I like it. But I don't think anyone would ever randomly ask

Well I was thinking something along the lines of "What games you currently playing?" or "Your favourite game?"

snowy22
October 7th, 2007, 09:28 PM
a lot of them do including myself

|Maximus|
October 8th, 2007, 05:52 AM
Wow thats a big shocker that a lot of people like it.

Samuel.Olu
October 8th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Me my friend called Bill, David Goldsmith and Jack so about 4 people, and they're noobs

blitz94
October 8th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Like almost NOBODY likes Yu-gi-oh in my school and hardly any people like pokemon.....it was popular before though.

Zanacross
October 8th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Ive found like 7 more people who like pokemon at school today,

I think they are member on pc.

ML24
October 8th, 2007, 11:49 PM
Many likes pokemon all of them maybe a 100,000

Terry M
October 18th, 2007, 03:43 AM
Well, I only know one girl in my school who likes pokemon but tons of boys like the trading card games.I only have two friends who like it the others don't hate or like it but one annoying friend keeps saying stupid things about it like when he saw dragonite he woul say ''whats he gonna do to me?Cuten me to death?'' and other things like that.I'm only 10 years old so I'm in a juinior school and I'm in year 6.I used to like pokemon until I was 4 years old.Now I like it again.

Yeah more people like Yugioh more than Pokemon and its waaay mroe babyish than pokemon.
I have to agree I got dissed when I liked yugioh and it was the worse day of my life.

DarthSenorQueso
October 18th, 2007, 11:20 AM
pokemons fairly populer in highschool but not in my school.....alot of adults like it.

Zanacross
October 18th, 2007, 11:47 AM
I cant find anyone else who likes pokemon now

Woooooooooooooooooooot 200th post

Improfane
October 19th, 2007, 02:19 AM
I have a Pokemon key ring and am happy to show it off where necessary.

I'm the highest year in my school, equivalent of college. The sane people like Pokemon. If they didn't, it would stop showing on TV. Toonami is for people a little older than Cartoon Network.

Blake55
October 21st, 2007, 04:13 PM
Theres like 10 people in my school that i know that play pokemon diamond/pearl.

Omerta
October 21st, 2007, 06:20 PM
I don't know anyone in my school that likes it.

Monzae
October 21st, 2007, 06:22 PM
Considering I'm a dropout I'm not quite sure how many people will openly admit to loving pokemon at schools.. I know I would.. it's a shame.
I always have been open about it since grade 4, so it's not new to anyone that I love pokemon.

Apathetic_Yen
October 21st, 2007, 08:46 PM
I'd say a good number, even if they don't play it or do anything associated with it, they still bring it up once in awhile

johnlycett
October 21st, 2007, 09:16 PM
Only the big nerds like 3 I hate em but.
N00bs

Light_Lugia
October 21st, 2007, 11:07 PM
Hardly anyone likes Pokemon in my school... Only two of my friends, my sister and one of my bor's friends. Everyone in my class knows that I like it. When I reach High school, I'm going say I hate Pokemon cause it'll be babyish when I reach that age.

supermega_boy
October 28th, 2007, 10:56 AM
I don't how many like pokemon in my school and I don't say I like pokemon because I don't want they make fun of me

Xylitol
October 28th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Besides me, only one person in my school plays Pokemon as far as I know. Conveniently, he's my classmate, and we visit eachother a lot, not only for Pokemon games, but others, too.

nakoma
October 28th, 2007, 08:19 PM
at my school like 70% like pokemon. if your talking about the tcg then me and my friend anthony are the only ones who ever play it. there is a magic group and a yugioh group at my school though and they play the card games. but majority of the people at my school will talk about pokemon and play the game.

shinyraichu
October 29th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Being in a middle school, not many. There are 2 boys on my bus who tend to play it. But, besides for them, really nobody.

|Maximus|
October 30th, 2007, 02:42 AM
Thank you for posting people!

geckoriot
October 30th, 2007, 03:31 AM
Everyone knows I'm a fan and it's become like, the key component of people's first impressions of me.
I know this is big in Australia, not so sure about US/UK, etc. but in Year 12 we all get a jersey with some nickname on it. About 10 people have told me "you should get 'Pikachu'!"
It's pretty cute ;) I think I might

But apart from me only a few uber nerds play, and they're really lame about it too. They only play with legends. No actual fans of the entire franchise, though

Game Freak
October 30th, 2007, 10:25 AM
A lot of kids I know like Pokemon, in a nostalgic sort of way. I doubt they still play it, but I do remember my class once singing the Pokemon theme song in 20-part harmony. Of course, they're probably in the minority compared with the rest of the school.

And I do have a small group of friends that still play Pokemon. In fact, one of my friends actually convinced me to come back to Pokemon after I had given it up during the R/S days.

i gave up during diamond, i now realize that every game after pokemon mystery dungeon sucks, sorry to say. i dont like how they switched diamond and pearl to a 3D game. argh.

oh and im the only fan in my school who still plays. i'm a freshman in high school xD my friends still discuss pokemon whenever i bring it up, but they aren't fans anymore. they just like to mock how bad it has gotten (Even though everything before PMD rocked, most of them dropped out after the GS series.)

acrof
October 30th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Well only me and one friend of mine still likes it in my school (in a fan way), However the girls in general likes the cute pokémon, while the guys just say that they used to watch it when they were young.
And there´s just on boy that I saw once playing Fire Red, I think these are the ones that still likes pokemon.

However, I have to say that I can´t stand what they are doing with pokémon, stupid anime, rushed and stupid last-generation-like games, they´re killing the franchise.

Nowadays I prefer to play digimon or any other monster-like rpg game, they´re getting better with every generation, while pokémon is getting worse with each generation...

At last for me diversity worked fine.

Game Freak
October 30th, 2007, 06:30 PM
However, I have to say that I can´t stand what they are doing with pokémon, stupid anime, rushed and stupid last-generation-like games, they´re killing the franchise.

Nowadays I prefer to play digimon or any other monster-like rpg game, they´re getting better with every generation, while pokémon is getting worse with each generation...

At last for me diversity worked fine.

yeah i agree, the franchise is being brutally stabbed to death >:o diamond sucks IMO, compared to the other games. I think GSC was the best, it had twice the game. RSE was cool too, but damn. i hate the whole graphic update in DP

Ichigo Flash
October 31st, 2007, 08:37 AM
Hmmm at college I'd say theres a few Pokefans in there somewhere, though I don't really know enough people to say for sure.

But I'm definitely open about it :) I can be seen often leaning against walls and on benches in my alone free periods playing Diamond or Blue Rescue Team :)

acrof
October 31st, 2007, 10:32 AM
yeah i agree, the franchise is being brutally stabbed to death >:o diamond sucks IMO, compared to the other games. I think GSC was the best, it had twice the game. RSE was cool too, but damn. i hate the whole graphic update in DP
I don´t think the graphic update was a mistake, but if they had to update it why not change the graphics to full 3D instead?
The DS is actually more powerfull than a Nintendo 64, and the DS cartridges can hold more data too, so they could have made a 3D RPG with stadium 2 battle graphics AND full 3D enviroment without difficulty.

But most of us got used to the cartoonish style of the past games, so I think there is no problem in it being cartoonish, but they could have used more sprites for the pokemon battlers so it would still be 2D but with much better animations. Imagine your favorite pokemon changing to a fighting position before attacking, or changing to pain looking position when it is hit or when it´s poisoned?

Game Freak
October 31st, 2007, 10:35 AM
I don´t think the graphic update was a mistake, but if they had to update it why not change the graphics to full 3D instead?
The DS is actually more powerfull than a Nintendo 64, and the DS cartridges can hold more data too, so they could have made a 3D RPG with stadium 2 battle graphics AND full 3D enviroment without difficulty.

But most of us got used to the cartoonish style of the past games, so I think there is no problem in it being cartoonish, but they could have used more sprites for the pokemon battlers so it would still be 2D but with much better animations. Imagine your favorite pokemon changing to a fighting position before attacking, or changing to pain looking position when it is hit or when it´s poisoned?

its mostly the map graphics update i dont like. i wouldn't mind if the battles were 3d, because ive played collosseum and such, but id still like the map exploration etc to be sprites. pokemon was my favorite franchise that remained 2d, and now its gone 3d. argh

Dogar The Brave
October 31st, 2007, 10:40 AM
im the only one that likes it.. and i keep it a secret.. but hey.. does it really matter? i mean, we are all here..

Kamon_Fox
October 31st, 2007, 04:26 PM
Sadly only about 3..... people tease me cuz i like it.... Maybe i should sneak into the office and say " CALLING ALL POKEMON FANS!!! CALLING ALL POKEMON FANS!!!!" And then say where to meet up before running off I really should... yeah! but where is th eintercom....