PDA

View Full Version : __ThE OFFicIAl KingDOM hEARts THREad__

Toto_720
March 31st, 2007, 09:27 AM
This is the official Kingdom hearts thread ZOMG this is like the best game eva who's with me....

Lt. Surge's Raichu
April 4th, 2007, 06:59 AM
Well, it's the second best game after FFX :)
Kingdom Hearts has it all. Characters, story, music, battle system, everything :)
Love the Kh serie

Cherrim
April 4th, 2007, 09:34 AM
Kingdom Hearts ftw. :[ I love the series to pieces.

My favourite game is actually Chain of Memories, the in-between game that no one played. I haven't decided if I like the new version of it or the old one better though. XD;

Lil-Dill
April 4th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Hey sweet! A official thread about my 2nd favourite series of games. I personnaly like KH2 because of the Pride Lands^_^

Btw do u guys know about KH2:Final Mix and KH3????

.Bastion
April 4th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Hey sweet! A official thread about my 2nd favourite series of games. I personnaly like KH2 because of the Pride Lands^_^

Yeah, its really looking good. It will be a complete shame if it doesn't come outside of Japan.

Yeah, judging by my theme you should be able to guess that I love this game. Its really one of my absolute favorites of all time.

Cherrim
April 4th, 2007, 12:59 PM
KH2:Final Mix+ is sitting about...30 feet away from me? 8D; So yeah, I've heard of it. XD I couldn't wait for it to come out stateside (if it does at all x_X), so I imported it.

I've been playing Re:COM since I got it, and I'm not done since I have video game ADD and can't sit down and play a card battle game for more than a few hours at a time...even with the pretty cutscenes all over the place. ;_;'

Lil-Dill
April 4th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Yeah, its really looking good. It will be a complete shame if it doesn't come outside of Japan.

Yea well sorry to burst ur bubble Key but its not coming outside of Japan. But it is in english with Japanese subtitles.

U see, my older brother is on forums.khinsider.com and he knows when its coming out.

Cherrim
April 4th, 2007, 01:03 PM
Ehm, the game is already out. And it's not confirmed that it won't be released outside of Japan--Nomura has stated that he'd like to give English gamers a chance to hear the Japanese voices and since it has an entire GAME packaged as an extra...it does have a much better chance than the original Final Mix. :x

There's still hope for it over here, anyway. And I hope it does come out because I wanna see what kind of voice they give Marluxia. XD

Arcanine
April 4th, 2007, 07:35 PM
The thread title makes my eyes bleed...

Anyway, I LOVE Kingdom Hearts. KH2 is tied for being my second fav game (first is FFX). The KH series is my fav series. And if I could I would have imported KH2:FM+ if I could. And I can't wait to get my hands on KH2:FM+ Eng (if it does come out, and I do have high hopes that it will. There is a big difference in FM and FM+), as well as KH3.

Smarties-chan
April 5th, 2007, 06:22 AM
Are you seriously asking me if I like Kingdom Hearts? o.o Kingdom Hearts is my one and only love. Okay, maybe that's a bit exaggerated, but still. =P The Kingdom Hearts series is my favourite series ever (possibly tied with the Final Fantasy series.) and I've played Kingdom Hearts 1 through maybe 5/6 times, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories 7 - 10 times and Kingdom Hearts 2 2 times only because I had been borrowing my friend's Playstation 2 for 4 months and it was time to give it back. =P

Kingdom Hearts's battle system is the definition of ownage, the music is in its completely own class and as for the story and characters... *drools.* I just wish the Kingdom Hearts games would be more challenging. Sephiroth is supposed to be an uber bad guy of doom and he even has a buttload of HP, but it only takes a couple of minutes to beat him in both Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 2. =\ And I almost forgot to mention: Kingdom Hearts is my second favourite game right after Final Fantasy IX.
Kingdom Hearts ftw. :[ I love the series to pieces.

My favourite game is actually Chain of Memories, the in-between game that no one played. I haven't decided if I like the new version of it or the old one better though. XD;
Yay! More COM:ers! ^o^ Chain of Memories needs more love. ;_; Come on! It has like the greatest Kingdom Hearts characters ever! Naminé, Zexion, Marluxia and Larxene get either very little or no screentime at all in Kingdom Hearts 2 and they own! >O Some people find the battle system tedious, but I strongly disagree. It adds more challenge to the game and makes you have to think a little, too. Figures many people can't beat Marluxia. =P

And before I shut up, I have to say I really want Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix+ to come out in Europe or at least in America so I can import it. I want to fight Larxene and Marluxia in 3D. ;_; *Finally shuts up*

Sammi
April 5th, 2007, 06:57 AM
I don't know if it's my favorite game ever, but it's definitely one of my favorites right now. I like everything about it.

It's rather interesting -- the first time I ever saw Kingdom Hearts, I wasn't impressed by it. However, I was watching Monstro, and that's my least favorite level in KH, so yeah... XD;; Then I got on the Internet and everyone was like "YAY KH 8DD" and I was really curious about it. Once we had a PS2 of our own again I gave it a shot and enjoyed it. ^__^ It took me ages to beat KH (I don't play video games that often), I beat CoM really fast, went crazy because I couldn't get my hands on KH2, and beat KH2 in less of a time span than KH, that's for sure. XD

As for favorite game, I can't decide. They're all good in their own right. KH was classic and had some awesome worlds and good abilities, CoM was portable and had the card system (I didn't like how you couldn't mess with Riku's deck), and KH2 had the updated gameplay.

I'd love for FM + and Re:CoM to come over, but I don't know if I'd have a PS2 or a TV. Alas, I'll be off to college, and I don't know what I'll have in terms of that. If I do have the means to play, I will. I bet I'll have fun too.

Smarties-kun: Are you sure no one loves Vexen? There has to be an oddball out there... somewhere... maybe... o_O

Cherrim
April 5th, 2007, 07:27 AM
I...almost love Vexen. Or at least, I don't hate him anymore which is practically the same thing when it comes to the Organization and me. YES, THREE-DEE DOES THAT TO PEOPLE. Wtf. I despised him because he scared the crap out of me for years. And then the other day, I saw a cutscene of him, and he's a lot cooler. XD; I like his voice and his facial expressions make me laugh. He's definitely not my favourite, but he's interesting enough to not hate. :[ BUT THEY CHANGED HIS LAUGH. HIS GIRLY, HIGH-PITCHED LAUGH IS NOW A MOER MANLY, MAD SCIENTIST-Y LAUGH. DDDDX!

Haha, I have capslock problems when it comes to KH. XD;

Anyway, I was disappointed with the difficulty of the games too. Proud mode on KH2 was easier than normal for me. And I'm playing through Re:COM on Proud mode (they added difficulty levels :D) and I'm not noticing it being hard at all. I'm just a bit underlevelled since I had trouble with the Vexen fights. o_o;

...apparently the "Critical Mode" or whatever it is in KH2:FM+ is insanely difficult. XD I'm scared of playing it, but I totally will just to see if I can.

Smarties-chan
April 5th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Smarties-kun: Are you sure no one loves Vexen? There has to be an oddball out there... somewhere... maybe... o_O
That oddball needs therapy. =P I understand how someone can tolerate Vexen, but love him? o.o
I...almost love Vexen. Or at least, I don't hate him anymore which is practically the same thing when it comes to the Organization and me. YES, THREE-DEE DOES THAT TO PEOPLE. Wtf. I despised him because he scared the crap out of me for years. And then the other day, I saw a cutscene of him, and he's a lot cooler. XD; I like his voice and his facial expressions make me laugh. He's definitely not my favourite, but he's interesting enough to not hate. :[ BUT THEY CHANGED HIS LAUGH. HIS GIRLY, HIGH-PITCHED LAUGH IS NOW A MOER MANLY, MAD SCIENTIST-Y LAUGH. DDDDX!

Haha, I have capslock problems when it comes to KH. XD;

Anyway, I was disappointed with the difficulty of the games too. Proud mode on KH2 was easier than normal for me. And I'm playing through Re:COM on Proud mode (they added difficulty levels :D) and I'm not noticing it being hard at all. I'm just a bit underlevelled since I had trouble with the Vexen fights. o_o;

...apparently the "Critical Mode" or whatever it is in KH2:FM+ is insanely difficult. XD I'm scared of playing it, but I totally will just to see if I can.
They changed his girly laughter? ;__; That was the only cool thing about him (well, excluding his powers. *Brick'd for lame pun* x__x) and they had to go and change it. Of course every time he laughed I felt like banging my head against a brick wall, but that's what made the laughter so cool. o.o And I have to admit Vexen actually does look better in 3D. The green eyes look freaky, though, and the wrinkles look even worse than in 2D. o.o

I haven't tried normal mode on Kingdom Hearts 2 so I can't compare it with proud mode, but I have never noticed the difference between Expert and Normal mode in Kingdom Hearts 1. o.o I so want to try out Proud mode in Kingdom Hearts 1. ._. But still, yay for difficulty levels for KH: Re COM! I wish the difficulty would affect the numbers of the bosses' cards. It's pretty pathetic that a card with the value 7 can break any of Marluxia's final form's cards. ._. I would have imagined the final boss to have a deck crammed with 9's, but no. <.<

Critical Mode sounds like my kind of thing, then. ^.^ Insane difficulty ftw! I've seen a battle video against Larxene on Critical Mode and she dealt alot of damage, which doesn't sound very Larxene-ish, (It takes her two Teleport Rushes to defeat Sora with un-boosted HP the first time you battle her in COM. o.o) so I really hope the damage is because of the difficulty level. If Larxene becomes uber strong on Critical Mode, I'll probably wet myself. (not literally, mind you. xP)

Cherrim
April 5th, 2007, 08:15 AM
I literally could not fight Vexen with the sound on in the original. I would have to pause every time he attacked me so I could laugh my ass off for a few minutes. It went so much faster without the sound which sucked because I loved the COM rendition of 13th Struggle. XD; I was so disappointed to hear his new laugh. :(

I think they just have more HP in Proud. And during Disney bosses, the Mickey card doesn't come very often. :\

I'm...yeah. XD Apparently a Japanese player died twice just trying to get to Twilight Thorn in Roxas' Dive to Heart in Critical. So. That should be interesting. XD

Smarties-chan
April 5th, 2007, 08:41 AM
I literally could not fight Vexen with the sound on in the original. I would have to pause every time he attacked me so I could laugh my ass off for a few minutes. It went so much faster without the sound which sucked because I loved the COM rendition of 13th Struggle. XD; I was so disappointed to hear his new laugh. :(

I think they just have more HP in Proud. And during Disney bosses, the Mickey card doesn't come very often. :\

I'm...yeah. XD Apparently a Japanese player died twice just trying to get to Twilight Thorn in Roxas' Dive to Heart in Critical. So. That should be interesting. XD
Yesh, I love the COM 13th Struggle too, and that's probably the only reason I could cope with Vexen's (literally) evil laughter.

More HP and less Mickey cards is the only difference between Proud and Normal? =\ That doesn't make the battles harder, just longer, so unless you love to overuse sleights, it doesn't really affect difficulty at all. ._.

Okay... o.o Either that guy really sucks or then Critical really is insanely hard. I'm hoping for the latter. <3

Toto_720
April 5th, 2007, 08:43 AM
Has anyone ever heard of a fan made game called Kingdom hearts inverted hearts......

http://www.the-mousehole.net/khih/

Cherrim
April 5th, 2007, 08:52 AM
Well, that's all I've noticed. :\ It's still really easy so long as you keep your level up.

Toto_720 - I saw that site...ages ago, I think before they even had a playable demo up. Never touched it though. :x

Lt. Surge's Raichu
April 9th, 2007, 02:54 AM

Haha, i like the pride lands too :)
But KH2 is so good. Masterpiece

IvySaur
April 9th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Kingdom Hearts is probably my favorite game series, next to Pokemon. I just beat KH2 a few weeks ago :) My favorite thing about it is probably the storyline and the characters...and watching the cutscenes haha, it's kind of like a movie. And the Organization. I wish some of them got more screen time though, especially Xaldin and Luxord. And Xigbar. Xigbar is awesome.

I love Chain of Memories too : ) But I'm having a hard time in it, haha. I keep getting lost.

Aww, I love Vexen! I know it's weird haha XD

Latioscatcher
April 10th, 2007, 09:21 AM
I got Kingdom Hearts 2 final mix
lol

Fun games yes
but they actually show
zexions death ._.

Cherrim
April 10th, 2007, 11:33 AM
They finally show him kick the bucket? YAY. Now my friend can stop going "Zexion's not dead because they don't show it." XD Too bad I won't see that until the end of June. Darn.

@__@ I'm so close to beating Sora's side though. Just a few more rooms and I'm done~

Sammi
April 10th, 2007, 11:37 AM
But don't they say he's 'eliminated' in the KH2 Journal? The others died, and they were listed as 'eliminated', so you think it'd stand the same for him as well. It might not happen on screen, but it's definitely inferred though the journal if you ask me. o_O

Meh, just a random thought there.

Cherrim
April 10th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Yes, well, I don't quite trust the translation of the KH2 Journal.

For about half of the original six Organization members, they spelt their Others' names wrong, which really screwed things up because it defied the whole anagram thing. o_o; For example, I think they called Xigbar's other "Bleig" and screwed up on the L/R thing. So instead they should've called him Xigbal to be accurate. XD;

Bottom line, I'm pretty sure Zexy's dead. XD;

Reg teh Yoshi
April 12th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Kingdom Hearts is among my most favorite games. My favorite Character from it, right now, is The Enigmatic Soldier: The destructive optional boss in Final Mix+ that makes Sephiroth look like A total weakling :D

And this is me being my braggy self, but i'm A Pro at this Game. I've even fought Sephiroth and won without getting hit ONCE, save for 3 Heartless Angels, and also to mention I didn't have the Glide, Quick Run, AND Aerial Dodge abilities...and I was at level 49...yeah...i'm that good.

And I hope to God KH2: FM+ comes out here, I must fight The Enigmatic Soldier!

Archer
April 13th, 2007, 02:06 AM
Zexion is dead. in kh2, in "proof of existence", the room with the gravestone like things in the world that never was, Roxas, xemnas, saix and the other dude are the only ones with intact deco things. when you get there, they are the only living members

Smarties-chan
April 13th, 2007, 03:30 AM
Zexion is dead. in kh2, in "proof of existence", the room with the gravestone like things in the world that never was, Roxas, xemnas, saix and the other dude are the only ones with intact deco things. when you get there, they are the only living members
Actually, the plate that would have shown Zexion's weapon was broken, which means you can't see the colour of it, and therefore, it's impossible to know if he's dead. But Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix+ shows Zexion dyng so yes, he is dead.

spike6958
April 29th, 2007, 05:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA5bf5jG2co...related&search=

That video is awsome

And you can tell that the guy who gets frozen is Roxas.
http://kh2.co.uk/image.php?view=kh2/fm/images/sm5.jpg

Đ a r κ
April 29th, 2007, 06:13 PM
I agree, that video is awsome. But the person's name is actually Ven.

spike6958
April 29th, 2007, 06:44 PM
well then there must be a connection between him and roxas because he look just like him

Rivvon
May 2nd, 2007, 05:27 PM
Apparently the video ID is...malformed, but I can't see it. :\

Soujiro
May 3rd, 2007, 06:38 AM
Actually, the plate that would have shown Zexion's weapon was broken, which means you can't see the colour of it, and therefore, it's impossible to know if he's dead. But Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix+ shows Zexion dyng so yes, he is dead.

Well seeing as the door to go fight him wasnt open like it was for Saix and Luxord, it was obvious he was dead.

~Misty~
May 30th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Yeah, about Ven, everyone at school was saying, "OMGZ that is so Roxas!"

Everyone at school since he looked like Roxas called him "Roxasicle" ROFL!

Sharks and Danger
June 8th, 2007, 07:07 PM
*too lazy to read previous posts*

I LOVE KH. I own them both and have EVERYTHING on both of them, and I mean everything. Except perhaps a few things on KHII. Super fanboy here ^.^

Cherrim
June 9th, 2007, 07:15 AM
Haha, I think I injured myself playing KH too much this week. @_@ My thumb has these spasms when I'm playing sometimes and I can feel it down through my wrist. I blame Marluxia because I can't beat him. XD;;

Anyway, I thought I was going to get the secret ending in FM+ the other day but...I didn't. ;_;' I'm not sure why but apparently I might have to beat the armoured figure which...takes out all my HP in one go. Two hits if I'm lucky. So I might just break down and watch it online. ;_;

shinygold fan
June 9th, 2007, 11:20 AM
well i will never hurt myself playing kh/khCOM/kh2 intill i move out my mom has a rule ps2 only on weekends *grumbles* well im adt last save in kg took me a while i had been there be4 but the data got erased didnt even beat ansem when that data was intact bt it turns out im better at kingsom hearts 2 then i was in jkh heh

kh:final save
kh2: sehpi beaten and ansem/xemy beaten.... a few times
ive played com but cant get past tt in riku
i hate you u people who have kh2 fm i hate you with all my soul...if you invite me over ill forget about that

Cherrim
June 9th, 2007, 11:41 AM
If you lived near me, you could totally come over to play FM+. ;P

Anyway, I used to have that limit when I was younger. Then my parents forgot about it. I'm still not "allowed" to play video games on weekdays but no one says anything when I do. So you get situations like this week where I was home ill most of the week and played way too much. X(

shinygold fan
June 9th, 2007, 02:45 PM
heh that be great im stuck watching vids of kh2 fm
usally with sucky music heh
how long did it take them to forget about it?

Smarties-chan
June 10th, 2007, 12:25 AM
Haha, I think I injured myself playing KH too much this week. @_@ My thumb has these spasms when I'm playing sometimes and I can feel it down through my wrist. I blame Marluxia because I can't beat him. XD;;

Anyway, I thought I was going to get the secret ending in FM+ the other day but...I didn't. ;_;' I'm not sure why but apparently I might have to beat the armoured figure which...takes out all my HP in one go. Two hits if I'm lucky. So I might just break down and watch it online. ;_;
I'd totally sacrifice my wrists to play KH 2 Final Mix so you shouldn't be complaining. =P And about the armoured figure; what level are you and which difficulty are you playing on? That sounds like the kind of boss I'd like to play against. D= Also, if you can't get past him (or Marluxia for that matter), may I suggest you go synthesize yourself a bunch of Defense Boosts? I got enough synthesis items for around 10 Defense Boosts and 10 Power Boosts in the original KH 2 in only aroudn 4 or 5 hours and I could have synthesized more if I wouldn't have run out of the crystals that synthesize a higher level item. (Forgot the name. ._. I'm in serious need of more Kingdom Hearts! >O)

well i will never hurt myself playing kh/khCOM/kh2 intill i move out my mom has a rule ps2 only on weekends *grumbles* well im adt last save in kg took me a while i had been there be4 but the data got erased didnt even beat ansem when that data was intact bt it turns out im better at kingsom hearts 2 then i was in jkh heh

kh:final save
kh2: sehpi beaten and ansem/xemy beaten.... a few times
ive played com but cant get past tt in riku
i hate you u people who have kh2 fm i hate you with all my soul...if you invite me over ill forget about that
If you want to be really lame against Riku, just fill your deck with attack cards with the value 0 and Elixirs/Hi-Potions and just keep breaking his sleights. When I was playing through the game without taking any HP on level ups I did that to Vexen and in the end he had two cards in a sleight and two cards in his deck. Don't ask me why he didn't pick a third card for the sleight. O.o

Cherrim
June 10th, 2007, 06:36 AM
I'd totally sacrifice my wrists to play KH 2 Final Mix so you shouldn't be complaining. =P And about the armoured figure; what level are you and which difficulty are you playing on? That sounds like the kind of boss I'd like to play against. D= Also, if you can't get past him (or Marluxia for that matter), may I suggest you go synthesize yourself a bunch of Defense Boosts? I got enough synthesis items for around 10 Defense Boosts and 10 Power Boosts in the original KH 2 in only aroudn 4 or 5 hours and I could have synthesized more if I wouldn't have run out of the crystals that synthesize a higher level item. (Forgot the name. ._. I'm in serious need of more Kingdom Hearts! >O)
I'm only at level 63, but that should be more than enough to beat Marluxia's absent silhouette. It's not the lack of HP/defence that kills me, it's more often the fact that my count runs down to zero. :| I gave up for a bit because my hand was seriously doing some weird twitching thing. I'll pick it back up again in a week or two. XD I'd completely forgotten you could synthesize those items though, rofl, so I'll have to remember to pull out my guide and figure out which materials are what. :B

And I'm playing on Critical. XD So even when I max out my level, I've heard it's still going to be near impossible to beat the secret boss. oo;

SkywolfDragon
June 10th, 2007, 05:12 PM
The armored figure's name is Terra. Kh-vids told me

Piplup_WazUp
June 10th, 2007, 07:40 PM
I love this game! It's one of the best for PS platform. I wanna buy KH3 and I hope they keep making more, even though I think they're not.

MiSsInG nO
June 10th, 2007, 09:58 PM
DUDE THIS GAME IS AWSOME
and kh:com is my fav so much fun for the gba and amazing graphics amazingly :)
i have never played the final mixes but i would love to
i want to play kh1 with cards sounds AWSOME yeah

Cherrim
June 11th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Don't worry, they're still making it. We just don't know what platform it'll be on next. Though Nomura is apparently leaning toward a handheld system (DS, hopefully?) so we may get another COM-esque game on our hands.

Also: yay, another COM fan. xD I ♥ed the card battle system. I thought I was the only one. D:

shinygold fan
June 11th, 2007, 07:32 PM
heh id love to own riku with sleights but my L button wont work (psssssst don't tell my brother il steal his sp for a little)
where do u guys find English versions of kh2fm or do you just know jap?

Cherrim
June 12th, 2007, 03:55 AM
I learnt basic Japanese in high school, so I know enough to get through the menus and such. But the game itself is basically in English. Re:COM isn't but...I've memorized the English script, so I still knew what was going on in every cutscene. XD;

It's not out in North America or anything though, so you can only import it from Japan. And then you have to get SwapMagic or something to mod your PS2 with so you can play Japanese games. o_x

Forci Stikane
June 12th, 2007, 08:13 AM
I learnt basic Japanese in high school, so I know enough to get through the menus and such. But the game itself is basically in English. Re:COM isn't but...I've memorized the English script, so I still knew what was going on in every cutscene. XD;

It's not out in North America or anything though, so you can only import it from Japan. And then you have to get SwapMagic or something to mod your PS2 with so you can play Japanese games. o_x

*sigh*...I would actually use my now-dusty PS2 if they only released KH2: FM+ in North America...

Yeah, by that statement you can tell that I haven't played a Kingdom Hearts game in a while...I'm actually more hoping for a PS2 emulator, since I'm unofficially "anti-Sony". I just need to get a USB gamepad that will work with the game...

shinygold fan
June 14th, 2007, 12:40 PM
If you want to be really lame against Riku, just fill your deck with attack cards with the value 0 and Elixirs/Hi-Potions and just keep breaking his sleights. When I was playing through the game without taking any HP on level ups I did that to Vexen and in the end he had two cards in a sleight and two cards in his deck. Don't ask me why he didn't pick a third card for the sleight. O.o

im on rikus story though in tt so i cant pick my freaking deck
i hate that part though im lvling right now so il get him sooner or later

EDIT: hello anybody?

EDIT 2: ANYONE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Rebellious Treecko
July 5th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Kingdom Hearts...It's so original and awesome.
Who would've ever thought that cute lttle Disney characters would go on an epic adventure to stop the forces of darkness?
I love the cool characters in it, like Ansem the wise, Riku, Xemnas, and all those FF characters!
The storyline is one of the best I've ever seen. It's so complex and full of detail and focuses a lot on things in the past KH games, that you have to see what happens in the other games, just to understand the story in KH2.

(Oh, and that Disney show, House of Mouse? I'm sure that comes after the KH series, as most of the Disney characters the main heros met are in it.)
There should be an episode with Sora in it. :P

EDIT: sorry for bumping. :(

SBaby
July 5th, 2007, 12:47 PM
There are so many rumors and speculation threads on different forums that it isn't even funny.

Some say that it'll be a continuation of Sora's arc (though I don't see how that's possible). And some say it'll be a whole new story altogether (personally, I think that's the most likely scenario).

And believe me, there are alot of worlds they can still tap into with future KH incarnations. So I doubt this series is gonna end anytime soon, especially with Disney and Square-Enix at the helm.

Personally, I'd like to see Gargoyles. That was a show I grew up with, and it was just awesomely epic (one of the best written cartoons Disney ever made).

Personally, I've got a funny feeling that Edward and Alphonse Elric just might make a small, yet noticable appearance in the next one... I don't know why... It's just a gut feeling.

Nekonron
July 6th, 2007, 08:09 AM
I'd like to see Destiny Island and Twilight Town back again. Maybe some of the Final Fantasy worlds like FF7's Gaia since there's obviously a side story between Cloud and Sephiroth in the game. We have yet to see the final confrontation between the two :D

Apathetic_Yen
July 9th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Has anyone ever read the manga? It's pretty good stuff, although it's not very easy to find like Naruto. I also heard rumors of a Kingdom Hearts anime. Could work.

Cherrim
July 9th, 2007, 09:43 PM
I didn't read the KH1 manga, but I've read the two Chain volumes along with the first volume of KH2 in Japanese. I haven't picked up the English KH2 yet. Not sure if I even will, though. :\

I'm split on whether I like the manga or not though. On the one hand, you get to see way more character interaction, and some of it is hilarious--like in the basement with Vexen, Lexaeus and Zexion in the COM manga? I nearly died laughing because of that cologne line. But then in the same manga, you can't take Marluxia serious because they just bastardized his character and turned him into a regular girly man. :[ He doesn't seem nearly as badass as he's supposed to be in the manga. And I hate that. XD;

hanabiCHILD
July 13th, 2007, 04:26 PM
i own 2 books of the first game series and 1 book in the Chain of Memories series of the manga, and i have to say that they are pretty good. although, Lightning is right about the Marluxia thingo...damn girly boy... he ALWAYS has flowers around him! D:<
it's annoying, but i think that they got Sora just right! ;D he is hilarious!<=[if that's how you spell it] and the art is UBER kewt!
oh! :O that cologne thing had me laughing for hours too! : DD

Chompah :x
July 13th, 2007, 04:29 PM
I can't find the KH Manga.
My favourite game is Kingdom Hearts; Chain of Memories on GBA :O.

Master Charizard
July 13th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Kingdom Hearts is way up the top of my favourites list. My personal opinion is that it's the best RPG on the PS2.

roxas123
July 13th, 2007, 07:02 PM
I've been playing and following the Kingdom Hearts series for years. It has become my favorite Game tieing with the Final Fantasy series. COM is one of my favorites but I love two the most.

List of Favorites:

1. Chrono Trigger
2. Final Fantasy VI
3. Kingdom Hearts II
4. Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories
5. Final Fantasy XII
6. Final Fantasy X
7. Final Fantasy VIII
8. Final Fantasy VII
9. Final Fantasy IV
10. Kingdom Hearts

If you liked COM you should look at my sprite thread it has alot of Custom COM style KH Chars like terra from KH2 FM+ aka the knight.

Apathetic_Yen
July 13th, 2007, 07:11 PM
I've been playing and following the Kingdom Hearts series for years. It has become my favorite Game tieing with the Final Fantasy series. COM is one of my favorites but I love two the most.

List of Favorites:

1. Chrono Trigger
2. Final Fantasy VI
3. Kingdom Hearts II
4. Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories
5. Final Fantasy XII
6. Final Fantasy X
7. Final Fantasy VIII
8. Final Fantasy VII
9. Final Fantasy IV
10. Kingdom Hearts

If you liked COM you should look at my sprite thread it has alot of Custom COM style KH Chars like terra from KH2 FM+ aka the knight.

Where's this sprite thread?

Deathtolight
July 17th, 2007, 05:10 PM
KH is a great game, my favorite atm actually.

Shadow Chaos
July 18th, 2007, 07:55 AM
I also love the Kingdom Hearts series!!! Part one is done (Expert mode is almost done as well, currently at the "Last Save"), I finished Chian on Memories (both Sora's and Riku's side; I really like this game ^o^); and currently playing Kingdom Hearts 2!!

Seremiya
July 18th, 2007, 05:41 PM
I love Kingdom Hearts! Regrettably, I skipped KH1 and Chain of Memories and started with KHII straight away. I really enjoyed it and can't wait for part three to come out! There's been so much debate about the preview clip.

diamondpearl876
July 18th, 2007, 07:12 PM
I love Kingdom Hearts! Regrettably, I skipped KH1 and Chain of Memories and started with KHII straight away. I really enjoyed it and can't wait for part three to come out! There's been so much debate about the preview clip.

I did the same thing. Kingdom hearts 1 isn't as great as KH2 so I've found myself not playing it. As for CoM.. I don't want to spend any money on anything right now.

Myoko-chan
July 18th, 2007, 11:28 PM
Do they even sell COM anymore?
I also heard about COM remakes...is that true?(Because at the credits, it showed 3-d pictures of organization 13...aka before kh2 was released...)
Yes I like Kingdom Hearts. =).

Shadow Chaos
July 19th, 2007, 06:28 AM
I also heard about COM remakes...is that true?(Because at the credits, it showed 3-d pictures of organization 13...aka before kh2 was released...)

Well, the remake is called Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories (completely in 3-D), which comes together when you purchase Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix, but in Japan though...

Rebellious Treecko
July 19th, 2007, 06:48 AM
This is a bit off topic but, do any of you know where I can find a good quality Kingdom Hearts "playthrough" video (like a speedrun except without the "run")?
There's a lot of them on KH2, but not very many on the first game.

Do they even sell COM anymore?

Secret
Oh yes, and the credits for Riku's ending show three 3-D render screens of Roxas standing on the Twilight Town clock tower...

Seremiya
July 19th, 2007, 11:25 AM
I did the same thing. Kingdom hearts 1 isn't as great as KH2 so I've found myself not playing it. As for CoM.. I don't want to spend any money on anything right now.

Well, that's why they've got emulators and ROMs now, silly. :) You don't have to pay for anything. I know a pretty good site which claims to have every GBA game ever released, and it's been reliable to date. CoM is a GBA game, right? ^^' I haven't heard anything about a remake. Then again, I haven't exactly been paying attention either.

Eternal Smasher, let me know if u ever do find a good "playthrough" video for the first game. If not, there are always those walkthroughs you can look up on GameFaqs I suppose.

Xairmo
July 19th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Kingdom Hearts is the greatest game ever made!!

diamondpearl876
July 19th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Well, that's why they've got emulators and ROMs now, silly. :) You don't have to pay for anything. I know a pretty good site which claims to have every GBA game ever released, and it's been reliable to date. CoM is a GBA game, right? ^^' I haven't heard anything about a remake. Then again, I haven't exactly been paying attention either.

Eternal Smasher, let me know if u ever do find a good "playthrough" video for the first game. If not, there are always those walkthroughs you can look up on GameFaqs I suppose.

True.. lol, I feel stupid. Anyway, it is a GBA game, yes.

Seremiya
July 19th, 2007, 02:57 PM
True.. lol, I feel stupid. Anyway, it is a GBA game, yes.

Nah. Don't feel stupid. The legal thing to do would be to buy the game. Don't let me corrupt you. XD

Rebellious Treecko
July 19th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Do you think another of Utada Hikaru's songs will be in Kingdom Hearts 3?
I hope so, and it better be a very good song.

Cherrim
July 19th, 2007, 05:48 PM
I still see COM in Best Buy and such sometimes. It's still available, just not all the time I guess.

As for a remake, yeah, there already was one. It's amazing. It was so great seeing all the Organization members from Chain in full 3D. The gameplay was pretty good, too, though I hated the camera sometimes. XD;

And I'm sure Hikki will provide the theme for KH3 as well. She and Nomura get along really well and I can't imagine they'd switch to another artist after using her for the first two games.

redspade
July 19th, 2007, 06:19 PM
i saw a small movie of zexion dying.i have also seen movie clips of kh3.its all in google.

Apathetic_Yen
July 20th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Agh I want September to come for TGS 07 (tokyo game show) to happen so the next KH project is revealed but I don't want Sept to come for one reason. SCHOOL!!! Oh well, I'm a senior anyway now. 08!

Xairmo
July 21st, 2007, 09:38 AM
Agh I want September to come for TGS 07 (tokyo game show) to happen so the next KH project is revealed but I don't want Sept to come for one reason. SCHOOL!!! Oh well, I'm a senior anyway now. 08!

well for me i cant wait for september so i can see the next kh project but theres no worries for school cuz im homeschoolec XD

diamondpearl876
July 22nd, 2007, 06:57 AM
I think there was a thread about this already, but what kind of worlds do you want to see in Kingdom Hearts 3??

Cherrim
July 22nd, 2007, 10:27 AM
I can't wait for September anyway. Man, that announcement will be awesome. :x

As for KH3, I wanna see Atlantis in it. XD; And Toy Story. o_o I'd like to say Finding Nemo, but...I'm sick of water worlds. XD; Pocahontas, maybe. Not sure how they'd work that world in, but I loved that movie.

Rebellious Treecko
July 22nd, 2007, 12:53 PM
If Kingdom hearts 3 had Nintendo, Cartoon Network, or any other 3rd party worlds, I'd just die of awesomeness. XD

Heracross
July 22nd, 2007, 02:25 PM
Yeah, that would be sweet, seeing Mario joining with Sora to finish of Bowser and his baby koopas.

diamondpearl876
July 23rd, 2007, 06:40 PM
Ew.. Mario.. no offense, but there's enough Mario games out there for fans. XD

Cherrim
July 23rd, 2007, 11:21 PM
I dunno. I can't really see KH going too well with the Mario series. It doesn't have enough of a plot to merit a world, 'cause "save the princess" isn't enough of a reason for Sora to travel to the world. :| Lol, I would love to see it done Paper Mario style, though. Oh well. XD;

hoperidesalone
July 24th, 2007, 07:31 PM
paper kingdom hearts? that sounds awesome :D

Apathetic_Yen
July 25th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Meh I'd much rather want to see Sora in Super Smash Bros.

Xairmo
July 26th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Meh I'd much rather want to see Sora in Super Smash Bros.

that would be awesome, he kicked so much but!

hoperidesalone
July 26th, 2007, 03:35 PM
more awesome would be king mickey in ssbb!

shinygold fan
July 27th, 2007, 08:14 AM
announcer guy: Link VS Sora! Fight
lol

but no not paper kh i would want Super Paper kh

Apathetic_Yen
July 29th, 2007, 01:00 PM
I could already imagine Sora's final smash. He'd randomly drive into one of his forms. Valor and wisdom would be them most common to drive in, master uncommon, and Final would be rare to drive in but UBER POWERFUL!!!

Xairmo
July 29th, 2007, 06:48 PM
I could already imagine Sora's final smash. He'd randomly drive into one of his forms. Valor and wisdom would be them most common to drive in, master uncommon, and Final would be rare to drive in but UBER POWERFUL!!!

that would be so awesome!

shinygold fan
July 29th, 2007, 07:55 PM
charge...........BOOM-KABOOM-SMASH

*creak*
Sora:oops

but does anyone have suggestions to beat clone-riku in twilight town in rikus story

SilverZexion
August 2nd, 2007, 11:11 AM
Cool, someone made a Kingdom Hearts thread, I really like the Organization XIII.

Rebellious Treecko
August 2nd, 2007, 12:26 PM
I dunno. I can't really see KH going too well with the Mario series. It doesn't have enough of a plot to merit a world, 'cause "save the princess" isn't enough of a reason for Sora to travel to the world. :| Lol, I would love to see it done Paper Mario style, though. Oh well. XD;

I imagine different plots based on some of the Mario RPG games.
Like Smithy and the Axem rangers from SMRPG, Cackletta, Fawful, and the Shroobs could be some of the bosses that you could fight in the world. But of course, it wouldn't be fun without Bowser!

Cherrim
August 2nd, 2007, 12:42 PM
Yeah, but that doesn't really fit in with how KH works. Each world in it follows a plotline that everyone knows from that world. I mean, the first time you visit any Disney world, you're sucked into that original world's story. Not a subplot of that world, but the real thing. The side stories from the Mario games, regardless how good the plot, just isn't...mainstream. You couldn't ask any casual fan to know what happens and thus it just wouldn't be as fun. :\

I mean, one of the reasons I don't like the Tron world in KH2 is because I've never seen the movie; that really stinted the experience for me. So playing through a plot of a Mario game I'm not even familiar with wouldn't be too fun for me.

SilverZexion
August 2nd, 2007, 04:12 PM
Yeah, but that doesn't really fit in with how KH works. Each world in it follows a plotline that everyone knows from that world. I mean, the first time you visit any Disney world, you're sucked into that original world's story. Not a subplot of that world, but the real thing. The side stories from the Mario games, regardless how good the plot, just isn't...mainstream. You couldn't ask any casual fan to know what happens and thus it just wouldn't be as fun. :\

I mean, one of the reasons I don't like the Tron world in KH2 is because I've never seen the movie; that really stinted the experience for me. So playing through a plot of a Mario game I'm not even familiar with wouldn't be too fun for me.

Im glad U agree and thanks knowing how the REAL STORY LINE GOES.

Double 7
August 2nd, 2007, 05:26 PM
Hey can i join????????? Please?

Cherrim
August 2nd, 2007, 05:28 PM
...o_O; This is a discussion thread. There's nothing to join.

shinygold fan
August 2nd, 2007, 07:53 PM
does anyone have suggestions to beat clone-riku in twilight town in rikus story
levels?strategies?
im getting bored of dying and dying and so on

Cherrim
August 3rd, 2007, 07:28 PM
I don't remember what level I was at, but for everything in Riku's side, I used the randomizer card and hoped for nines. :|

Makkaraattori
August 6th, 2007, 02:34 AM
Demyx Owns your soul totally...
Ps. Does anyone know If KH2 final mix + Will come out in europe too?

Apathetic_Yen
August 6th, 2007, 09:12 AM
I hate to say it but I doubt final mix will ever come out anywhere besides Japan. GAH I HATE YOU TETSUYA!!!!

Cherrim
August 6th, 2007, 09:50 AM
If it doesn't come out...you guys aren't missing that much. There're a few new cutscenes, but you can watch those on Youtube anyway. The new gameplay is mostly just frustrating unless you're ridiculously good at the game--which unfortunately, I'm not. :\

Re:COM is really the only chance we've got of getting FM+ over here. The additions to KH2 aren't very much, but the remake of COM is gorgeous and I would love to see it in English, even if just to hear who they cast for Marluxia. XD; But even so, the original game didn't get nearly as many sales at the other two, so I can see why they might be reluctant to bring it here. D: Plus, if it's any condolence, the camera sucked in the game. XD;

But, uh, yeah. I'm not sure they'll bring the game to the US/UK. :\

Apathetic_Yen
August 8th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Who cares if the additions aren't much. I want to fight all the Org XIII members and Terra. I hated how easy the game was on "hard". It just makes the game look so wussy.

Rebellious Treecko
August 8th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Before KHII FM came out, I somewhat thought that you could possibly go inside the Hollow Bastion castle since it showed Sora in a Rising Falls-like area. (Garden of Assemblage) XP

Oh well, I love all the additions to the game, more stuff to do than in the orginal FM. It stinks that there aren't any of those "world exculsive heartless" in the first FM, like the Pot Scropion. But I guess that's what the hodded mushooms are for. :P

L Lawliet
August 8th, 2007, 09:44 PM
OMG! My favorite game ever! Man, this game totally deserves a official thread. I love this game so much. I got all three that were released in the U.S. I might import the Final Mixes though.

latioslegends
August 8th, 2007, 09:45 PM
it's a great game but it is weird to me how they mixed disney and final fantasy caracters together it is quite strange to me.

L Lawliet
August 8th, 2007, 09:48 PM
I loved the idea. I never actually heard about Final Fantasy at the time, but I love Disney. I guess that's one of the reasons why the game interested me so much. Sora is an awesome character.

latioslegends
August 8th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Sora well that shouts out more final fantasy like guy not a disney caracter.

Apathetic_Yen
August 8th, 2007, 09:56 PM
When I had first heard of the game I was like, wow, wtf is this some little kiddie game? Two years later I found out I was wrong.

L Lawliet
August 8th, 2007, 10:00 PM
When I had first heard of the game I was like, wow, wtf is this some little kiddie game? Two years later I found out I was wrong.

I never thought that. I always thought it was an awesome game. Might be because i was in 3rd grade, but whatever. It's still is a awesome game.

latioslegends
August 8th, 2007, 10:01 PM
lol I never played the game myself until people liked it at my schol only my sis did but still they did mess it up a little with disney caracters come on your better off with wookies.

L Lawliet
August 8th, 2007, 10:04 PM
The Disney is what makes Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts. Without Disney it would be just another Final Fantasy game...

Cherrim
August 9th, 2007, 06:40 AM
xD But fighting the Organization members is so hard! Haha, I managed to beat the Absent Silhouettes (the members from COM that're in the game) but I can't beat anyone in the Chamber of Reflection or...whatever it's called. :| And Terra takes me out in two hits, haha.

Also, without Disney characters, you'd have a Final Fantasy spin-off. There were be no Sora, Kairi, Riku, Organization XIII, Ansem or...any original characters, really. You'd be stuck with the core FF characters and going to FF worlds. And I honestly would never have gotten the game.

I only first played Kingdom Hearts for the Disney. I'd heard of the Final Fantasy series, but I'd never played one of the games. So when I rented a PS2 on week, I got hooked on KH because of the Disney (I've always loved it since I was little :B). And then KH was the only reason I got a PS2, which is now my favourite console. XD; So...I'm glad there's so much Disney. It wouldn't be an interesting game without it. :[

Apathetic_Yen
August 9th, 2007, 07:31 PM
It is fun going into cool Disney worlds but come on. Halloween Town may be cool but it was totally unesessary to go back to, especially the second time you go back in #2. Atlantica, WASTE OF TIME.

Cherrim
August 10th, 2007, 09:49 AM
...am I the only one who liked Atlantica in KH2? T_T; I hated it in the original because I sucked at swimming but...I liked the songs. They're so addictive. D:

Seremiya
August 11th, 2007, 02:28 PM
...am I the only one who liked Atlantica in KH2? T_T; I hated it in the original because I sucked at swimming but...I liked the songs. They're so addictive. D:

I loved Atlantica too! O: I spent a good amount of time trying to get the perfect score for every song. Donald's lovely voice probably put many people off. x_x Wasn't it enough that he was playing instruments? I really didn't think his vocals were necessary. Apart from that, I loved Antlantica~

Cherrim
August 11th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Yeah, his voice was rather grating. But it was so much fun otherwise~ 8D; I like replaying the songs for high scores too. But I always get so distracted by the movie behind it so I suck. XD;

Seremiya
August 11th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Yeah, his voice was rather grating. But it was so much fun otherwise~ 8D; I like replaying the songs for high scores too. But I always get so distracted by the movie behind it so I suck. XD;

lol! I had the same problem at first and then I decided to take one run where I concentrate on just the video in the background. After that I focused on hitting the right keys on time. Maybe they made the video so distractive on purpose, seeing as most of the game was rather easy (except for Sepiroth @_@)

Rebellious Treecko
August 11th, 2007, 03:19 PM
I don't hate Atlantica in KH2, but I do wish that it had some adventure, like in KH1. (but with the catchy songs)

Xairmo
August 11th, 2007, 06:27 PM
i didnt really like swimming, its so hard! yea atlantica in kh2 was lacking in the adventure section...

Cherrim
August 11th, 2007, 06:29 PM
I liked how nothing happened there. It was nice to take a break from the rest of the game. Kind of like 100 Acre Wood except a world where I like the characters. XD; (I never really paid any attention to Winnie the Pooh when I was little... so the world doesn't really do much for me in the games but serve as an annoying place that demands insane records for the journal. :|)

Xairmo
August 11th, 2007, 06:32 PM
yea i really could have done without atlantica and 100 acre woods. was it at all necissary to go back to those worlds. i mean i didnt even really like them in the first one so having them in the second one was kinda annoying

Cherrim
August 11th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Well, for all my whining, I'm glad they were there. XD; I like minigames, I just don't like having to get so many points for completion. Jiminy is insane with his demands. D:

Xairmo
August 11th, 2007, 06:37 PM
yea the journal was a little on the outrageous side =/

12rusmisel
August 15th, 2007, 10:50 AM
duh but the 2nd 1 is to easy

Apathetic_Yen
August 16th, 2007, 09:02 PM
yah that's what disappointed me the most about the 2nd, but it was still super cool.

Xairmo
August 17th, 2007, 05:42 PM
hey i just wanted to let you all know that there is now an organization XIII club thread started by Ho-oh arabia if you want to join. first 13 members automatically become leaders. so if any of you are interested just check it out =)

Live in Color
August 20th, 2007, 08:34 PM
hey i just wanted to let you all know that there is now an organization XIII club thread started by Ho-oh arabia if you want to join. first 13 members automatically become leaders. so if any of you are interested just check it out =)

X_x

Anyways, my friend let me borrow his Kingdom Hearts for a while and I forgot how good it was (I rented it before). I was wondering, I'm in the deep jungle with Tarzan, how do I beat Clayton and his invisible Gecko. I get the Gecko visible, but I can't seem to kill it, I read a walkthrough and it said to kill the Gecko, then Clayton because it becomes much easier. Should I stock up on items? Use a certain technique? Etc.? :)

Rebellious Treecko
August 21st, 2007, 05:33 AM
I've never really played Kingdom Hearts, but you should kill Stealth Sneak (the chameleon) first, as it'll cause you more trouble than Clayton. (of course)

Oh, and you should always stock up on items, as you never know what's going to happen next.

(btw, do any of you know where I can find a video walkthrough of the first Kingdom Hearts?
I don't need it to beat the game, but I just want to see what all the worlds look like.) X.X

Apathetic_Yen
August 21st, 2007, 03:23 PM
I don't think I even killed the stealth sneak. Oh well.

Live in Color
August 21st, 2007, 07:49 PM
Going from Clayton and Stealth Sneak to beating Pegasus Cup, getting the Keyblade from Merlin, defeating Jafar, the giant whale, and making it to Halloween town in one day I'd say is awesome. :)

Ariel
August 28th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Did anyone else just want to shove a broom right up Maleficent's nose when she cackled that THING she calls a "laugh"?

Lol. Random moment there.

Anyway, I love the series, have always been an avid fan of them. I can remember when I bought KH2 last year. In the middle of town I was like a little girl overdosed on sugar, I was that hyper. XD

COM is brilliant, btw. The battle system was a bit irksome at times but other than that I really enjoyed it. It also had the better Order members.
Larxene & Marluxia <3

Also after seeing a VERY funny KH AMV on YouTube...I can never ever look at Axel the same way o_O XD

Xairmo
August 28th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Did anyone else just want to shove a broom right up Maleficent's nose when she cackled that THING she calls a "laugh"?

Lol. Random moment there.

Anyway, I love the series, have always been an avid fan of them. I can remember when I bought KH2 last year. In the middle of town I was like a little girl overdosed on sugar, I was that hyper. XD

COM is brilliant, btw. The battle system was a bit irksome at times but other than that I really enjoyed it. It also had the better Order members.
Larxene & Marluxia <3

Also after seeing a VERY funny KH AMV on YouTube...I can never ever look at Axel the same way o_O XD

i know wen maleficent did that laugh i wanted to shove a broom right up.....well lets just say i wasnt gonna say nose XD

Astinus
August 28th, 2007, 09:11 PM
The thread title...! My eyes!

Kingdom Hearts is now my new obsession. I just got a PS2 and both KH and KH2 a few days ago. (I'm behind the times, I know.) But after only playing the first KH for a few minutes, I was hooked. I'm still playing the first one, as I don't have a lot of free time. But I just went through Monstros.

And because I'm so behind the times, it's going to be a whole lot of fun finding products of KH. The manga is high on my list of things to find, along with Chain of Memories.

But at least I now understand what everyone is talking about when Kingdom Hearts comes up in conversations.

*runs off to continue playing the game*

Seremiya
August 29th, 2007, 01:37 PM
The thread title...! My eyes!

Kingdom Hearts is now my new obsession. I just got a PS2 and both KH and KH2 a few days ago. (I'm behind the times, I know.) But after only playing the first KH for a few minutes, I was hooked. I'm still playing the first one, as I don't have a lot of free time. But I just went through Monstros.

And because I'm so behind the times, it's going to be a whole lot of fun finding products of KH. The manga is high on my list of things to find, along with Chain of Memories.

But at least I now understand what everyone is talking about when Kingdom Hearts comes up in conversations.

*runs off to continue playing the game*

Wow, okay. You are behind times! Good luck completing I and II before III comes out! I haven't played I, but KHII is rather easy to get through, unless you're one of those people who like to do all the side quests and truly finish the game. I wasn't aware there was a KHII manga!

*runs off to go get manga* D:

Rebellious Treecko
September 2nd, 2007, 02:58 PM
Do you think we could post worlds we want to see in Kingdom Hearts 3, or some other KH game?

Pokemaniac12
September 19th, 2007, 06:07 AM
KINGDOM HEARTS is the best game ever! I've beaten it millions of times!

Andrea-chan
September 19th, 2007, 10:15 PM
For you that haven't heard. There's 3 new Kingdom Hearts games coming out.
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (PSP)
Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (Nintendo DS)
Kingdom Hearts: Coded (Mobile)

For more info
http://www.gamespot.com/users/Arcanine_88/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=m-100-25154631
Or
http://www.kh2.co.uk/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1190259841

Cherrim
September 20th, 2007, 06:41 AM
Well damn. I'm gonna have to finish FM+ for the secret ending now so I know what everyone's talking about. (I beat it, but I think I have to do it again to get the ending. >:C)

And now I have to get a PSP. Boo. XD;

Xairmo
September 20th, 2007, 08:41 AM
For you that haven't heard. There's 3 new Kingdom Hearts games coming out.
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (PSP)
Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (Nintendo DS)
Kingdom Hearts: Coded (Mobile)

For more info
http://www.gamespot.com/users/Arcanine_88/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=m-100-25154631
Or
http://www.kh2.co.uk/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1190259841

omg!!! thank you so much im eternally in ur debt!!!!

Ryo
September 20th, 2007, 03:58 PM
385/2 and Birth By Sleep look awesome.
Got in trouble from screaming "F. Yeah!" at work today when I read about them. XP

I can't wait. And I'm so glad I actually have a PSP. Hoorah!
I'm especially excited that Roxas is getting more screen time (Considering the DS game is going to be an Organization game that sheds some light on more of his character) and its very exciting that the three new characters from the KH2 FM+ secret ending are getting their own game. I'm really interested in the one Roxas look alike. (Srsly though- if you look close enough at the promotional art, his out-of-armor-clothes look JUST like Roxas' o__o;

*promotional art (http://kh2.co.uk/assets/tgs07/tgslinkup001.jpg)*
Going out on an educated guess here-
To the right would be the DS game: KH 358/2
The image at top with Jimminy and Sora would presumably be KH Coded.
And finally to the left, would appear to be the promotional art for KH Birth By Sleep.

Rebellious Treecko
September 20th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Well ****. I'm gonna have to finish FM+ for the secret ending now so I know what everyone's talking about. (I beat it, but I think I have to do it again to get the ending. >:C)

And now I have to get a PSP. Boo. XD;

You can watch the ending on YouTube, but I suppose you wouldn't get that "satisfactory" feeling for all your hard work. :P

Hmmm, I might get a PSP for the third KH game, it sounds awesome.
I can't wait to find out what the worlds are going to be.

I'll probably get 385/2 days game too, since I have a DS.
I also want to see what the characters look like in N64-like graphics.

Cherrim
September 20th, 2007, 04:57 PM
You can watch the ending on YouTube, but I suppose you wouldn't get that "satisfactory" feeling for all your hard work. :P

Hmmm, I might get a PSP for the third KH game, it sounds awesome.
I can't wait to find out what the worlds are going to be.

I'll probably get 385/2 days game too, since I have a DS.
I also want to see what the characters look like in N64-like graphics.
Haha, well, originally, I wanted to see the ending on the widescreen plasma TV at home. But... now I've moved into a dorm so that won't happen. So yeah, I'm gonna go with your excuse there. I wanna do it myself. XD;

Anxiety.
October 5th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Yeah, so, I just wanted to tell any kingdom herats fans out there about the new game for the DS! main charater is Roxas i think, but it is multiplayer, i think... Well... If you find out any info on it.. Post it here, I'm proboly tottaly wrong about what it is about, all I know for sure (My sister and friend have both read about it) Is that it is a KH game for the DS! Oh yeah. there will be a 14th organization member!

OMG Disscus!

Gummy
October 5th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Yeah, your information is correct. The name is Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 days (some weird way of expressing Roxas's existence while he was separated from Sora). They're really just giving us a better view of Org. XIII.

Also, theres Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep coming for the PSP and Kingdom Hearts: Coded for mobile.

latioslegends
October 5th, 2007, 07:59 PM
When will this be coming out. I took a look on gamespot, and there is not much info.

Anxiety.
October 5th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Sorry. I don't know the release dates. I've written down just about all I know about it. I just though you'd all like to know :)

Cherrim
October 6th, 2007, 12:54 PM
There are no release dates yet. Only some preliminary screen shots and plot details. :x We don't know anything else, really.

I can't wait all the same though~

DarkArcz
October 7th, 2007, 07:03 AM
Looking forward to that 358/2 game. The graphics look pretty good for a DS game, and I'd like to see who the 14th member is. Whoever she is, she sure makes the name pretty pointless.

Well...in Kingdom Hearts 2, I beat Sephiroth for the 9th time. Keep a save file seperate from my main just so that I can battle him over and over again...lol.

Apathetic_Yen
October 17th, 2007, 03:53 PM
now i have to get a psp oh well now i can get some of the psp games that i would want

Darx
October 19th, 2007, 05:20 AM
Yay! KINGDOM HEARTS!!!!
You people don't know how much my friend HATES Kairi! She even calls the Hayden Penetierre, the voice of Kairi, Kairi.

She made up something hilarious about Kairi though, I think it was; 'Heee, My name is Kairiiii. Thank you for having meeee, and don't forget to try Neutragena Deep Cleeeaaan, its invigoratiiinng!'

Anxiety.
October 19th, 2007, 11:27 AM
Kairi is a Moonhead. But Namine is her nobody, which means she also has a moonhead, but Namine has a nice moonhead. I'm a SoraXRiku fan, so yeah, that's why I hate Kairi. XD

Cherrim
October 19th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Ahahaha... haa... yeah. I hate Sora/Riku. <<;;

I love Kairi though. ;_; She doesn't get much screen time, but she's still an awesome character. I never understand why people hate her so much. D:

Darx
October 20th, 2007, 06:07 PM
I really don't understand the SoraXRiku pairing? In the game its clearly obvious that Sora and Riku both like Kairi, but Kairi likes Sora. What did I miss that gave away the whole SoraXRiku pairing?

latioslegends
October 20th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Hm this might be a dumb questions, but are there going to be disnet characters in KH3? The trailers just give me the idea bye bye annoying duck. I am just one of those guys who loves the gameplay, but hates some of the characters, but I really loved seeing sephiroth XD.

Cherrim
October 20th, 2007, 08:34 PM
Kingdom Hearts is first and foremost a Disney game. So I can guarantee there will be Disney characters, although for future games they could very well change the main cast of them.

Darx -- The first thing you should know about yaoi fangirls is they don't need any semblance of canon to establish "hints" for a pairing. While I will admit Kingdom Hearts II didn't really help with Sora's... obsession with Riku (he showed far more emotion when he found Riku than Kairi), I still just don't see the pairing. XD;

latioslegends
October 20th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Well not all the disney characters were bad to me, I liked pirates of the caribean world. I am just saying the annoying ones. But the game play is for sure the best I have played on the ps2.

Cherrim
October 20th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Haha, what? I hated the PotC world. x_X It was so... boring! It was like...

Sora: I'm an expert at handling Heartless, guys, and I've already saved the world once, so--
Jack: You stay here and watch the ship.
Will: Yes, we'll go rescue Elizabeth.
Sora: But--
Jack: See you.
Sora: ... :(

Like, that world could have been so much better, and I had such high hopes for it. @_@

latioslegends
October 20th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Well I guess it was sort of boring XD. But I just couldn't stand the balck, and white world. I just wanted to bash the civilians intsead off the heartless lol. My sister thought it was cute, but me Sora needed a flamethrower XD.

Cherrim
October 20th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Eh, I really like Disney so I liked that world. XD; I hated Tron's world, though. The colours hurt my eyes and the music was awful. It sucks collecting synthesis items there. ;;'

I hate fighting those cars in Timeless River though. No matter what level I am, they always manage to beat me down and they take forever to kill. :|

Smarties-chan
October 20th, 2007, 11:22 PM
I really don't understand the SoraXRiku pairing? In the game its clearly obvious that Sora and Riku both like Kairi, but Kairi likes Sora. What did I miss that gave away the whole SoraXRiku pairing?
SoraxRiku is fairly obvious. When Sora met Kairi he gave her a friendly hug, when he met Riku, he burst in tears and fell on his knees in front of Riku, and Kairi didn't even seem to mind. And no, I don't support SoraxRiku, I'm just pointing out it's pretty obvious.
I love Kairi though. ;_; She doesn't get much screen time, but she's still an awesome character. I never understand why people hate her so much. D:
Because Kairi is annoying. >: It's a shame such an awesome character as Naminé just has to be Kairi's nobody. >O Naminé freakin' owns. <3
Haha, what? I hated the PotC world. x_X It was so... boring! It was like...

Sora: I'm an expert at handling Heartless, guys, and I've already saved the world once, so--
Jack: You stay here and watch the ship.
Will: Yes, we'll go rescue Elizabeth.
Sora: But--
Jack: See you.
Sora: ... :(

Like, that world could have been so much better, and I had such high hopes for it. @_@

That's the best summary of the plot in Port Royal. Ever. >:
Well I guess it was sort of boring XD. But I just couldn't stand the balck, and white world. I just wanted to bash the civilians intsead off the heartless lol. My sister thought it was cute, but me Sora needed a flamethrower XD.
Aww... Timeless River wasn't that bad. The music was so annoying it owns and the graphics there own. D= I have to agree with Lightning on the Hotrods, though. I've learned to fight them fairly effectively, (Thunder/ra/ga them so they fly up in the air and pwn them before they hit the ground) but they still take a long time to get rid of and the pay off just isn't very good.
I hated Tron's world, though. The colours hurt my eyes and the music was awful. It sucks collecting synthesis items there. ;;'
I feel your pain. I spent around 5 hours there collecting synthesis items and leveling up Master Form. Needless to say I haven't gone back there since then.

Cherrim
October 21st, 2007, 10:32 AM
Because Kairi is annoying. >: It's a shame such an awesome character as Naminé just has to be Kairi's nobody. >O Naminé freakin' owns. <3
And what makes Naminé better? Haha, everyone gets on Kairi's case for being a pushover and a damsel in distress but... Naminé was way worse on both points in Chain of Memories. XD; And I hated her character in KH2 so... :\ *shrug*
That's the best summary of the plot in Port Royal. Ever. >:
*bows* I try~ 8D;
I feel your pain. I spent around 5 hours there collecting synthesis items and leveling up Master Form. Needless to say I haven't gone back there since then.
I levelled up Master in the Land of Dragons. XD; But omg, you get the items you need for Strength Ups or whatever in Tron's world, so I've spent SO much time there because you can't beat the Enigmatic Soldier dude (Terra?) in FM+ unless your strength is off the charts. ;_; Hate that world so much. Hate, hate, hate.

Sammi
October 21st, 2007, 12:28 PM
Yes, I like KH. :D I'm currently leveling my Forms a bit before I try to fight... Xigbar, I think. You know, the first boss in TWTNW. XD; (I seem to mix up Xibgar and Luxord, I think? But I mix him up with the blond gambling addict. *shot*)

SoraxRiku is fairly obvious. When Sora met Kairi he gave her a friendly hug, when he met Riku, he burst in tears and fell on his knees in front of Riku, and Kairi didn't even seem to mind. And no, I don't support SoraxRiku, I'm just pointing out it's pretty obvious.

Yeah, that's absolutely crazy. We needed a scene like the VGCats comic about it. That would've ruled. XD

At least there were other hints at SoraxKairi in the game, though; I found the scene where Sora was imaging dancing with Kairi pretty cute even though it was her old appearance, which I don't really like. Where's the scene where Sora danced with RIKU, huh??? XD

Not sure which pairing I like better of the two, though.

I levelled up Master in the Land of Dragons. XD; But omg, you get the items you need for Strength Ups or whatever in Tron's world, so I've spent SO much time there because you can't beat the Enigmatic Soldier dude (Terra?) in FM+ unless your strength is off the charts. ;_; Hate that world so much. Hate, hate, hate.

So did I! Although the next time I level it up, which will probably be after I level up Zebra Final Form a bit, I'm going to Halloween Town. The jack in the box enemies there drop a ton of drive orbs, and they're easy enough to take down with Fire.

I hate Tron's world too. It was annoying and... I just didn't find it interesting. And the first time I played, I kept getting stuck on that stupid solar sailer thing. (Then again, I got stuck on a LOT of things in my first gameplay. WHYYY D: *shame*)

But at least you get a pretty sweet Limit with Tron. :D

Darkblade
October 21st, 2007, 11:37 PM
I don't understand how any of you don't like Tron's world, yeah, it was a little short, and the coloring(I hate American spelling, especially since i'm Ozzy) of it, but the music was killer, and if we didn't have Tron Xemnas will still probably be wondering around.

Anyway, still leveling up my form in my spare time, and if you want, here is a list of the best places to level them up:

valor: After the first save point in The World that Never Was
Wisdom: same as Valor
Master: Land of Dragons, inside of The palace
Final: Twilight Town mansion, Try to stay near the white room
Summon: anywhere you please, just try to stay near the save point

Cherrim
October 21st, 2007, 11:42 PM
Yay for... non-American spelling. 8D;

They ruined TWTNW in FM+. XD; Now Nobodies appear in the city instead of Shadow Heartless. But... your list is pretty much where I train, except for Final Form. I like training that in the castle in TWTNW because you gain more experience that way, and by the time I'm levelling it up, experience is helpful. 8D;

@Sammi: Haha, I just spam thunder when I'm training Master Form. XD; If you equip a decent magic keyblade, those things in Mulan's world die so quickly. 8D; Also, like Sora/Kairi better. DDD: Soriku has too many fans!

Sammi
October 21st, 2007, 11:56 PM
I don't understand how any of you don't like Tron's world, yeah, it was a little short, and the coloring(I hate American spelling, especially since i'm Ozzy) of it, but the music was killer, and if we didn't have Tron Xemnas will still probably be wondering around.

Anyway, still leveling up my form in my spare time, and if you want, here is a list of the best places to level them up:

valor: After the first save point in The World that Never Was
Wisdom: same as Valor
Master: Land of Dragons, inside of The palace
Final: Twilight Town mansion, Try to stay near the white room
Summon: anywhere you please, just try to stay near the save point
If you don't like the spelling, stick to what you use. It's similar enough for all of us to understand. ;D

It's not the shortness of it that bothers me; it's just... the rest of it. XD;

Let's see, I level Valor wherever, use TWTNW for Wisdom from now on (I used to use wherever; for awhile, I liked going to Hallow Bastion), leveled Master there before while spamming Fire, and for Final, I'm actually using the Tower area in Twilight Town because I don't want to go forward in the castle in TWTNW. XD;

Haven't gotten to leveling my summons. :/
@Sammi: Haha, I just spam thunder when I'm training Master Form. XD; If you equip a decent magic keyblade, those things in Mulan's world die so quickly. 8D; Also, like Sora/Kairi better. DDD: Soriku has too many fans!

Fire does a really good job as well, since you hone(right word?) into the enemy, so you're moving around and causing them a crapton of damage at the same time. :3 It usually just takes a few Fires to take them out.

I can't just make up my mind in five seconds D< I tend not to think of KH shippings except during key scenes. Like recently, I was calling Axel gay after he, well, blew everything up to save the Sora omg!!!111!11 because of his dialogue. Aren't I nice. XDD

Okay, going to bring up another topic I just thought of:
Who thinks the name Radiant Garden is the lamest. name. ever? I remember hearing it for the first time and wanting to cry. T_T Hallow Bastion sounds so awesome, but Radiant Garden? BLAH. D: I guess it just sounds... uninspired? Plain? I don't know, but it bothers me. A lot.

Sorry if I needed spoiler tags x_x;

Forci Stikane
October 22nd, 2007, 05:16 AM
*hops back in randomly*

Who thinks the name Radiant Garden is the lamest. name. ever? I remember hearing it for the first time and wanting to cry. T_T Hallow Bastion sounds so awesome, but Radiant Garden? BLAH. D: I guess it just sounds... uninspired? Plain? I don't know, but it bothers me. A lot.

I don't think the name itself was too bad overall...they just gave it to the wrong location. When I hear a name like "Radiant Garden" I tend to actually think of the location being a garden with flowers and such, don't you? I certainly wouldn't expect it to be a town full of machines with a crazy security system that's insanely vulnerable to hacking (hence how Sora & co. were able to get into it XD).

On the other hand, I might be wrong. Perhaps it'll be explained in Birth by Sleep...?

Cherrim
October 24th, 2007, 07:23 AM
I can't just make up my mind in five seconds D< I tend not to think of KH shippings except during key scenes. Like recently, I was calling Axel gay after he, well, blew everything up to save the Sora omg!!!111!11 because of his dialogue. Aren't I nice. XDD
Any cutscene usually works for me. XD; Also... most people I know called him that too. I decided back back when he was all "I can't quit you!" "I'd miss you" to Roxas. :B

The game's been out for like... over a year even in the PAL regions, I think you're safe. XD But... I dunno. I don't mind the name. I just always forget to call it that. Hollow Bastion just comes to my mind so much quicker. @_@;
I don't think the name itself was too bad overall...they just gave it to the wrong location. When I hear a name like "Radiant Garden" I tend to actually think of the location being a garden with flowers and such, don't you? I certainly wouldn't expect it to be a town full of machines with a crazy security system that's insanely vulnerable to hacking (hence how Sora & co. were able to get into it XD).

On the other hand, I might be wrong. Perhaps it'll be explained in Birth by Sleep...?
I always just figured that it was a beautiful city before the Heartless invaded. I mean, it was more or less torn apart back in the first game and they were still only rebuilding it in the second, so even when it got its old name back... it didn't look up to par as it would have to begin with. XD;

Smarties-chan
October 25th, 2007, 08:40 AM
And what makes Naminé better? Haha, everyone gets on Kairi's case for being a pushover and a damsel in distress but... Naminé was way worse on both points in Chain of Memories. XD; And I hated her character in KH2 so... :\ *shrug*
Her role in the games isn't good, but unlike Kairi, she actually looks cute. x3 Besides, her theme is better than Kairi's. (not that Kairi's is bad either, but still) But really, you shouldn't care much about my extremely biased opinion. =P[/NAMINÉ FANBOYNESS]
I did most of my master form leveling in Hollow Bastion, but I thought I'd finish the leveling while I was collecting the synthesis items.
Yeah, that's absolutely crazy. We needed a scene like the VGCats comic about it. That would've ruled. XD

At least there were other hints at SoraxKairi in the game, though; I found the scene where Sora was imaging dancing with Kairi pretty cute even though it was her old appearance, which I don't really like. Where's the scene where Sora danced with RIKU, huh??? XD

Not sure which pairing I like better of the two, though.
Actually, there is a VGCats comic about it. I'm not sure if it's appropriate to post that here though. xP And I'm sure Sora has had his fair share of fantasies about dancing with Riku, they just didn't make it to the game. *brick'd*

And as a random sidenote, I bought some KH mangas today, too bad my budget at the time didn't allow me to buy the 4th volume of the KH 1 manga so I'll have to do that later and I'm not buying the KH: COM or KH II mangas before they release those fancy all-in-one-boxes that are a heck of a lot cheaper than buying the books separately. I hate how the battle scenes are practically inexistent (at least in the KH 1 manga), though. :x I hope the longer size of the COM and KH II mangas mean they made the fight scenes longer. (since we don't really want Sora pwning the Organization in 2 frames, now do we?)

Cherrim
October 25th, 2007, 09:17 AM
Well, if it comes down to opinions then I guess we're equally split. *finds Kairi much cuter than Naminé* XD;

Don't have my Chain manga here, but I think the battles (Sora's, anyway) are a tad longer. Larxene's, from what I remember, was the longest. I think Marluxia's battle with Axel was longer than with Sora. Not that I'm complaining but... still. Also, I don't even remember any battle scenes in the first volume of the KHII manga. I only skimmed it (don't have an English copy), but... yeah. XD;

Anxiety.
October 25th, 2007, 09:29 AM
OMG RikuXSora pwns! So what tehy don't a frikin dance scene. See the secene at the end of KH2?! OMG how can you not see the cannoness of that! And come one. A hug (I hug everyone, I don't love everyone, infact *Hugs random stranger* See!) Is nothing to breaking down into tears hold his hand and crying say "I looked everywhere for you Riku, I looked everywhere!" I HATE Kairi. HATE HATE HATE!!!

P.S Do you guys know that:-
Sora - Sky
Riku- Land
Kai - Sea

Thats the meaning in jappanese! See, Kairi's name means nothing, only the Kai part does, and Riku and Sora's name's mean something. So yeah, Kairi sucks. And Namine Does pwn. Lots, I think i'm gonna cosplay as her. It's wierd how I hate kairi (Doesn't even deserve capital letter) but love Namine!!!!!!

RIKUXSORA IS THE BEST PEOPLE! SORA IS GAY, RIKU IS GAY, THEY ARE PERFECT

AND SO ARE AKUROKU (RoxasXAxel) THEY PWN AS MUCH AS SORAXRIKU DO! THEY ARE BOTH SO CANNON, WHILST KAIRIXSORA ISNT (KAIRIXSORA SUCKS!)

Sammi
October 25th, 2007, 09:58 AM
How is Sora and Kairi not cannon? x_X;; Like, seriously, Sora goes around the worlds trying to find his friend with hints along the way, like the whole "eat this fruit and you're bound forever" thing with that fruit on Destiny Island? And he drew a picture of the two of them eating some on the walls? And Sora stabs himself to save Kairi? And tell me when Kairi doesn't show interest in Sora...

Just because you don't like the pairing doesn't mean you can just invalidate it. ^_^;

Sorry if I sound a tad bit mean. XD;

Also, where's the proof that Sora likes Riku in that way, and more than he likes Kairi? ;x Yes, that one scene in KHII where they reunite, but you can have emotional reactions about a friend as well as boyfriend or girlfriend.

Xairmo
October 25th, 2007, 10:01 AM
OMG RikuXSora pwns! So what tehy don't a frikin dance scene. See the secene at the end of KH2?! OMG how can you not see the cannoness of that! And come one. A hug (I hug everyone, I don't love everyone, infact *Hugs random stranger* See!) Is nothing to breaking down into tears hold his hand and crying say "I looked everywhere for you Riku, I looked everywhere!" I HATE Kairi. HATE HATE HATE!!!

Sora - Sky
Riku- Land
Kai - Sea

Thats the meaning in jappanese! See, Kairi's name means nothing, only the Kai part does, and Riku and Sora's name's mean something. So yeah, Kairi sucks. And Namine Does pwn. Lots, I think i'm gonna cosplay as her. It's wierd how I hate kairi (Doesn't even deserve capital letter) but love Namine!!!!!!

AND SO ARE AKUROKU (RoxasXAxel) THEY PWN AS MUCH AS SORAXRIKU DO! THEY ARE BOTH SO CANNON, WHILST KAIRIXSORA ISNT (KAIRIXSORA SUCKS!)

yes RIKUXSORA forever!! and AXELXROXAS ^_^

Smarties-chan
October 25th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Don't have my Chain manga here, but I think the battles (Sora's, anyway) are a tad longer. Larxene's, from what I remember, was the longest. I think Marluxia's battle with Axel was longer than with Sora. Not that I'm complaining but... still. Also, I don't even remember any battle scenes in the first volume of the KHII manga. I only skimmed it (don't have an English copy), but... yeah. XD;
Well, I'm going to buy the mangas regardless of the battles' length because I'm that big of a KH-geek. Heck, I'm even considering buying a PSP in the future just for the new KH game for it. *has no life* I happened to skim through the first volume of KH II when I found the mangas and the first volume doesn't seem to go far enough for any real battles to even occur. If for nothing else, I'll still buy them all for the sake of the artwork.

Sora - Sky
Riku- Land
Kai - Sea

Yeah, the ending scene of KH 2 was a bit RikuxSora-ish. Okay, who am I kidding; it was a lot RikuxSora-ish.

And I did know about the meaning of sora, but not riku and kai. And yes, RoxasxAxel is as obvious as it gets. Kingdom Hearts has way too few female characters for there to be many straight shippings.

Also, where's the proof that Sora likes Riku in that way, and more than he likes Kairi? ;x Yes, that one scene in KHII where they reunite, but you can have emotional reactions about a friend as well as boyfriend or girlfriend.
Let's not forget that Sora seems to talk about Riku a whole lot more than he talks about Kairi. And no, I still don't support SoraxRiku. :x

Xairmo
October 25th, 2007, 10:04 AM
does anyone else find it funny that all the male members of the organization XIII have long girly hair
while larxene, the only female, member has short man hair?

Anxiety.
October 25th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Ok. In KH1 he is looking for Riku and kiari, in KH2 he is looking for Riku. Riku is more important to him. The picture on the wall looks more like Riku to me. Riku dosn't say give it to kairi, he might be impling that he wants to share it with Sora. The race. Oh big whoop. Anyway, he liked kairi a bit in the first one, but he dosn't in the second one. When he see's kairi he is like 2What are you doing here" not even a hi. Sora stabs himself to save the world. He needs to save ALL the princesses in order to do that. Face it. SoraXkairi is NOT cannon SoraXRiku IS cannon. Can't deny the facts.

Smarties-chan
October 25th, 2007, 10:06 AM
does anyone else find it funny that all the male members of the organization XIII have long girly hair

We all know he's really a girl so I suppose this doesn't count, but Lexaeus doesn't have girly hair. Xigbar, Luxord, Zexion and Demyx don't have long hair either.

Sammi
October 25th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Well, I'm going to buy the mangas regardless of the battles' length because I'm that big of a KH-geek. Heck, I'm even considering buying a PSP in the future just for the new KH game for it. *has no life* I happened to skim through the first volume of KH II when I found the mangas and the first volume doesn't seem to go far enough for any real battles to even occur. If for nothing else, I'll still buy them all for the sake of the artwork.

Yes, the artwork is worth it. *_* I have both volumes of the CoM manga (haven't gotten around to getting the rest), and I love some of the art (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/insaneSammi/charlie/soramanga.jpg). Sora looks so cute ♥

And I did know about the meaning of sora, but not riku and kai. And yes, RoxasxAxel is as obvious as it gets. Kingdom Hearts has way too few female characters for there to be many straight shippings.

Let's not forget that Sora seems to talk about Riku a whole lot more than he talks about Kairi. And no, I still don't support SoraxRiku. :x

Yeah, it totally is. But I don't mind RoxasxAxel. XD;

But I'm pretty sure Sora knew that Kairi was safe at home, and afterwards, she was captured, and she survived the last capture, right? Chances are she was safe enough. Who knew where the hell Riku was? The last time Sora saw him and remembered it, he was locked behind a door. He could be anywhere and in serious danger. Really, there was a hell of a lot more need to find Riku than Kairi, no matter how much he likes her.

...or, at least, I can pretend that. x3

I think that's amusing. x3 But then again, some of the men probably act more girly than she does, haha.

And Xigbar kind of has girly hair; it's long and in a ponytail. Granted, men wear hair like that...

Cherrim
October 25th, 2007, 10:39 AM

Sora - Sky
Riku- Land
Kai - Sea

Oh my.

I disagree completely and fully.

In Kingdom Hearts 1, the original--oh man there's so much, where do I begin? Back on the island, before the game starts, it's quite clear that Kairi is at the centre of both their minds. They both insinuate sharing the paopu fruit with Kairi, Sora draws himself giving a paopu fruit to Kairi, and Kairi even jokes about leaving on the raft with just Sora. After the island split up, who were Riku and Sora searching for? Yes, to some extent they were looking for each other. And they found each other first! But what's this? They split up again? They were both dead set on finding Kairi. Riku to such an extent that he gives into the darkness and joins Maleficent. All their rivalry in that game is based around Kairi. Everything Riku does isn't for Sora, it's for her. Luckily, they find her and they're able to give her her heart back. After this, Kairi is far from useless. She begs Sora to let her go with him and to fight too. But since she had no experience, he was worried about her, etc., Sora said no and left her in the safety of the Hollow Bastion crew. This brings us to the end of the game--Ansem is defeated and Riku and Sora have to split up again, because they had to close the door. I think it's in the credits to this game that Kairi completes Sora's picture and draws herself sharing a paopu too.

Chain of Memories, my favourite game and the one no one's played. D: Sora, believing that Kairi is now safe and sound on the island, goes searching for Riku so he can bring him back too. No, I don't think it's because they're lovers of any sort, but best friends. I would do the same thing for my best friends, yet it doesn't mean that we're lovers in secret. Now, this is where Naminé comes in. Sora believes he'll find Riku in Castle Oblivion, and Marluxia doesn't say otherwise, so while he climbs the floors, Naminé plays around with his memories. She replaces herself with Kairi. And did you see how serious Sora became when he thought about Naminé? The idea of her locked up in this castle made him so angry that he disregarded his friends and companions, Donald and Goofy. He just ran off without them at one point in the game because they suggested that maybe, just maybe, he was taking things too quickly and that the whole situation was suspicious. Sora still cared about whom he thought was Riku at this point, but it after Naminé implanted the false memories, she quickly monopolized Sora's thoughts. At the end of the game, when Marluxia can't control her anymore, she asks Sora if he wants to keep his current memories, or get his old memories back. By getting his old memories back, he would remember Kairi. Riku had nothing to do with this. He knew that by remembering Kairi, he would forget Naminé and all that happened in the castle. And he still picked Kairi. I'm not going to say Naminé has any less a role than Kairi, but what exactly makes her so much better? She's the cause of a whole lot of problems in Chain of Memories. While Marluxia and the rest of the upper members there were the ones telling her what to do, the fact that she didn't resist until the very end of the game (after meeting Sora :|) means that if anyone was splitting up "teh canon pairing omgggg," it was her. Sora and Riku were in the same place for so long, but if Sora hadn't had his memories rearranged, they probably would've met a lot sooner.

Now, Kingdom Hearts II is probably the most questionable of the games. Upon waking up with his memories restored, Sora still believes that Kairi is perfectly safe on the island and that Riku is missing in action. So of course, again he spends the game searching for Riku. In this case, I really need to defend Kairi. She is stuck on an island, separated from both her childhood friends (Riku and Sora, of course) and can't remember their names. Or Sora's, at least. This is because of Naminé, and no one in Destiny Island can remember him. But she knows he was important, and so she writes him a letter. When Axel comes to kidnap her, she hesitates only because he mentions Sora. She then resists and is later kidnapped. The moment that Sora realizes she's in danger, though? He literally gets down on his knees and begs in front of Saïx, the enemy. He wants to know where she is and that she's safe. Remind you of another cutscene? D; Regardless, Sora continues his search, now for BOTH OF THEM. As I recall, he goes to TWTNW to get Kairi back. Of course, by then she's already been rescued with the help of Naminé and Axel. Saïx tries to recapture her, but RIKU stops him. And you know what? She recognizes him, even in his Ansem form. He's afraid to face both Kairi and Sora because of what he had to do. Fast forward again, Sora is in trouble, but Kairi's way to far away to help him. So what does she do? Well, it's not the most intelligent thing, but one of her best friends is in trouble so she jumps off the ledge to the floor below. Riku catches up and gives her a keyblade so she can fight. I... wouldn't call that useless, would you? Sora meets up with them after killing Xigbar. He hugs Kairi, and then gives his thanks to "Ansem," enemy or not. Note that he does NOT RECOGNIZE RIKU, while Kairi could. If they're so close, explain that one. (I don't actually want you to; it confuses me too.) So when Kairi shows him that it's Riku, of course Sora's on the ground like a baby. He's only been searching for his best friend for OVER A YEAR. Sure he was asleep for a year, but I can't imagine the events of KH2 went by in a day. It was probably months and months. He hadn't seen Riku in ages, had no idea if he was safe or not, and now finally, there he is. The three are all back together, and okay. I think ANYONE would be emotional. It doesn't prove that they're together, it simply shows how close they are. Friends can be close. If you want to take it another way, go ahead. But this scene is by no means CANON. Continue on yet again, after the final battle, it's Kairi's letter that brings the two of them back. And in the credits? Sora notices the drawing that Kairi fixed. I don't see how you can mistake that for Riku, even with their awful art skills.

What I'm trying to get at is that Riku/Sora is not canon in any way. The main themes of the Kingdom Hearts series are FRIENDSHIP and memories, as I see it. Square-Enix is really good about giving the fans a lot of leeway with pairings in this series (nothing is definitive), and that means that, while there are hints for canonity, nothing is canon. Sora/Kairi isn't canon, Sora/Riku isn't canon, Axel/Roxas isn't canon... none of it is. I joke about it a lot myself and throw the word around casually, but the only canon pairings I can easily name off the top of my head? Donald/Daisy, Mickey/Minnie, Simba/Nala, etc. By the way, I doubt that they'd ever come right out and say that a male/male pairing or a female/female pairing is canon because Kingdom Hearts is a Disney game. So there you go.

And before you say I'm some kind of yaoi basher, let be known that my OTPs from most series are gay and my OTP of KH used to be Axel/Roxas before it got too many fangirls. :'D
I'm picked up Chain for the Organization characters in it, and I'll probably just pick up the volumes of KHII that have my other favourites in it. XD;

Because Larxene wears the pants in the Organization. :C Haha, but seriously, her hair isn't that short. It's still shoulder length. Even so, though, I can imagine her keeping it shorter. Being the only woman in a group of men, with a low rank to boot, she'd probably try to minimize any perceived weaknesses as quickly as possible, and that might mean erasing the more obvious feminin traits she has.

edit: LOL, PAIRINGS. SRS BUSINESS. :C

Xairmo
October 25th, 2007, 02:30 PM
lightning, ur like really really...smart =D

Cherrim
October 25th, 2007, 02:53 PM
No... just really good at defending the pairings I like and analysing (or retelling) canon. XD;

Anxiety.
October 25th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Think what you like, I will deny any ways of making me think of SoraXkairi as a pairing, or RikuXkairi for that matter. So, I don't care how many points you put out. I don't evn care is KH makes SoraXkairi an official pairing (I'm dreading that happening! Seriously I am!! I will never happen. They actaully say that Sora is bisexual in an interview, it could go either way, it's tilting more to RikuXSora though XD) I will still say that Sora has feelings for Riku, that makes him want to date Riku. Simple as. Plus Lighting, you point out that Riku and Sora start looking for kairi in KH1? Yeah, thats cause she is there FRIEND nothing more, They would want there friend to be alive, he finds kairi, and hugs her. He Finds Riku, falls on his knees crysing saying, "I finally found you Riku, I looked everywhere" He cares more for Riku, and so what kairi reconises him in ansem form. This means that kairi is SMARTER than Sora... not that Sora loves kairi, and the fact that Sora dosn't notice it is Riku when he looks and soinds nothing like him, and he hasn't even seen the way he acted, is irelevant to the argument...

P.S note how I never put kairis name with a capital, whilst I put evryone elses name with capitals. Just to prove how much I hate her XD

Cherrim
October 26th, 2007, 03:36 AM
I don't mind if you say you prefer that pairing over any other, but you can't just reject the "hints" at the other pairings, or say it doesn't exist at all. o_O; Especially when, in all, the hints are far stronger for others than for that one. I mean, I like some pretty strange pairings, and most of them have no hints at all, but I don't go around saying one is way better, or saying they're canon.

I also still don't see a reason for hating Kairi so much. She's an awesome character. T_T;

Anxiety.
October 26th, 2007, 10:45 AM
I just do hate kairi.... I just really do, she gets on my nerves "Wake up you lazy bum" when she does that I wanna kill her

Sammi
October 26th, 2007, 01:38 PM
I think that line's rather cute. ♥ Is it the voice that bothers you or her character herself? I'm a little curious. If you can't explain, that's okay. XD;

Anyway! So, I started playing Kingdom Hearts last night, because I just felt like going over the first game. KHII changed a lot of things. o_O I remember going nuts over the new MP bar in KHII, but now that I've gone back to KH, I like the new one better. It's easier to get more MP once it's gone in KHII, I think. I also have to get used to not pressing my Triangle button. I was pressing it all the time last night trying to talk to people. XD

But I'm curious, is there any game mechanic from KH that you miss?

I miss Dodge Roll. T_T It's so much fun to roll around everywhere~

Anxiety.
October 26th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Hm. I agree, I miss dodge roll to. I miss it even more now that my sister has lent both KH's to her friends, I don't know when i'll get em back ¬_¬ But yeah, dodge roll.. AND GLIDE omg I miss glide, I looooooved gliding everywhere! And I miss Neverland. I wanna fly again... my sister hated me for that level, once I could fly there, she got annoyed that everytime she came in I was on that level, not completing the game lol XD

Cherrim
October 27th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Glide? o_O It's improved in KH2. It's much better.

As for dodge roll, I used to like it, but now that we have that ability from Wisdom Form. (Quick Step? I forget its name. XD) In FM+, if you level up the new drive form, you get dodge roll back. But it's so slow and doesn't go very far, so it's not as fun. D:

Anxiety.
October 27th, 2007, 12:44 PM
Wait. What is the glide in KH2 then? I never knew about it...

Sammi
October 27th, 2007, 02:22 PM
You have to level up Final Form to get it. :x I haven't leveled up my Final far enough to use it for Sora outside of form, so I'm not sure how it works.

I kind of miss Aero, too (I think that's the right name). It was nice to feel a little protected.

And I hate KH sometimes. I'm stuck on Cerebus. I can't believe it, it's only the beginning of the game. T_T

Cherrim
October 27th, 2007, 02:55 PM
I really missed Aero too. T_T; It was my favourite spell in KH1 and I was so disappointed when it didn't return.

Sammi
October 27th, 2007, 03:07 PM
It's probably because they made KHII so easy, we didn't need it anymore. >:

I seriously need to try Proud mode for KHII, now that I've gotten Normal down. XD; But even on Normal, I'd get stuck on Organization XIII members. But I think that was more of a lack of strategy. The second time around, I won them all the first time, I think.

Cherrim
October 27th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Proud mode was weird for me. o_O; I had no problems fighting any of the ones that I had major problems with in normal... but for the ones I breezed past in normal, I failed against in Proud. xD That was weird.

Though I agree it's too easy overall. D: EXCEPT MAYBE JIMINY'S JOURNAL. DSLKFJSFDS

Smarties-chan
October 28th, 2007, 12:51 AM
But I'm curious, is there any game mechanic from KH that you miss?

I miss Dodge Roll. T_T It's so much fun to roll around everywhere~
Yeah, I miss Dodge Roll as well. I used to roll around everywhere in KH, but Quick Run in KH II is just a lame excuse for a dodging move. Seriously, that thing's more of a bother than help later on in the game. But Aerial Dodge and that sexy High Jump level 3 in KH II make up for lack of Dodge Roll imo. I absolutely love Aerial Dodge. <3 I also miss the good ol' experience-giving Olympus Coliseum tournaments in KH 1 as well as getting experience from parrying attacks. I loved how you could get a ridiculously high amount of experience by Guarding those fire balls that the lanterns in the second Oogie Boogie battle shoot at you. IIRC, they give around 50 - 60 experience when you parry them; I leveled up two levels in that battle since I got a bit carried away. =P I also miss Gravity a bit. ;_;
I kind of miss Aero, too (I think that's the right name). It was nice to feel a little protected.

And I hate KH sometimes. I'm stuck on Cerebus. I can't believe it, it's only the beginning of the game. T_T
Reflect makes up for Aero imo. I simply love how broken it is. <3

And don't worry about Cerberus. I actually think it's one of the hardest bosses in the game since early on you don't have incredibly broken keyblades (*CoughWishingStaranditscriticalhittingabilitycough*) or a healing spell that's strong enough to heal all your HP. Every time I play through Kingdom Hearts (which is whenever my friend borrows me his Playstation 2. D= ) the two enemies I have the most trouble with are Stealth Sneak and Cerberus. Seriously, I think I've only beaten Stealth Sneak once on my first try and that, ironically, was on my Kingdom Key-only (yes, no accesories either) challenge, which I'd love to continue, but for that I'd have to persuade my friend into borrowing me his PS 2 again which would make me feel a bit rude. =\
I seriously need to try Proud mode for KHII, now that I've gotten Normal down. XD; But even on Normal, I'd get stuck on Organization XIII members. But I think that was more of a lack of strategy. The second time around, I won them all the first time, I think.
I know you'll hate me for saying this, but I never even bothered with Normal since I knew it'd be ridiculously easy. The first time I played I picked Proud and if it wasn't for me being horribly underleveled (I was in my mid-forties against Xigbar. :x) I wouldn't have had trouble with any Organization members. (and the only ones I had trouble with even back when I sucked were Xigbar and Sai'x) My friend, however, struggled with just about every Organization member. He got pwned 3 times by Xaldin and every single time he managed to get the "I won't give up"-option. Needless to say Mickey did most of the fighting in that battle. =P

And I just had the most insane idea ever; when I get to play KH 2 again, I'll do a low-level challenge; I'll only fight in the necessary fights and will avoid any extra experience I can get. Naturally I'll play it on Proud mode. It's been done on other games, so why not on Kingdom Hearts II? I'll seriously need to practice my skills with Guard, though. I used to be pretty good with it in Kingdom Hearts 1, but in KH II, I suck at it for some reason.