PDA

View Full Version : Whats it like inside a pokeball?

pokegal14
October 7th, 2007, 06:15 AM
I'm doing some research for a fanfic I'm writing, and was just curious if anyone knew what it was like inside a pokeball for the trapped pokemon.

Shiver
October 7th, 2007, 06:33 AM
I believe that the inside of a pokeball is similar to it's natural habitat, for example.

When a Magikarp is caught, it is sealed in the pokeball, where it is comepletly filled with water, the same as it's normal habitat.

pokegal14
October 7th, 2007, 06:34 AM
Is the pokemon generally aware they are not actually in their natural habitat?

Shiver
October 7th, 2007, 06:39 AM
I don't think so, all though I don't watch the anime, so I might not be correct.

Geeked
October 7th, 2007, 08:33 AM
interesting qeustion i'll have to look that up

airconditioning
October 7th, 2007, 08:55 AM
It's probably something like this. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=7_sc0ysScoA)

Smarties-chan
October 7th, 2007, 09:20 AM
I'd guess the Pokémon is put into a trance-like state while inside the poké ball and is not actually aware of their surroundings.

airconditioning
October 7th, 2007, 09:42 AM
I don't know about that. In the Pokemon Special manga, the Pokemon seemed quite active inside their balls. In fact, during the battle between Red and Giovanni, Pikachu charged up a Thunderbolt while inside the Pokeball, and let it loose the moment it was released.

Hyperpanda
October 7th, 2007, 09:47 AM
hmm interesting.i love robot chicken lol i think a pokeball mimics a pokemons natural habitat,like the friend areas in mystery dungeon

J-Rad
October 7th, 2007, 10:46 AM
I'd guess the Pokémon is put into a trance-like state while inside the poké ball and is not actually aware of their surroundings.

i dont think so on the accont of in the anime when the tell there poke to do something then they pop out and do it.

The Infinite Devil Machine
October 7th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Well, since it was stated that the ball simulates a natural enviroment, I'd imagine that say, a Charmeleon would reside in a naturally hot place with minimal water. However, I think that the Pokemon would be aware of the ball.

|Maximus|
October 7th, 2007, 12:19 PM
I think it is like the natural enviroment.I wonder what it would be like for a mewtwo or dialga or even darkrai?

Samuel.Olu
October 8th, 2007, 10:04 AM
I guess you've never seen this (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qI7_N3x2AE0) LOL i don't think thats it though!

airconditioning
October 8th, 2007, 12:09 PM
I guess you've never seen this (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qI7_N3x2AE0) LOL i don't think thats it though!

Dude. I just linked to that in my first post. Seriously...

Gold Tom
October 9th, 2007, 12:36 AM
Well, Pikachu doesn't like his Pokeball so there is obviously some element of sense in their Pokeball.

kohei
October 9th, 2007, 01:17 AM
Dude. I just linked to that in my first post. Seriously...
No one reads anyone's posts here, seriously :/
But my buck's on "chemically induced trance-like state". A ball that imitates a Pokemon's natural environment can't possibly be as cheap as 200 yen.

[edit] I assume Ash's Pikachu is immune/has allergic reactions to said chemical.