PDA

View Full Version : What is the strongest Pokemon there is, besides the legendaries

Regigigas
October 8th, 2007, 09:48 AM
What is the strongest Pokemon there is, besides the legendaries?

Samuel.Olu
October 8th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Dunno, i'll have to say Pokemon such as Shuckle with the highest Defence in Pokemon XD

Regigigas
October 8th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Yeah, but what's the strongest Pokemon?

Shiny Umbreon
October 8th, 2007, 09:58 AM
The strongest is Slaking, but it has the ability that allows it to attack only each two turns. This (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_base_stats) should help you.

Shiraishi
October 8th, 2007, 10:00 AM
There is no such thing as the strongest pokemon. I'd have to say Garchomp or Salamence for having the best base stat distribution.(Not including Slaking)

Regigigas
October 8th, 2007, 10:07 AM
This (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_base_stats) should help you.

How should that help me with finding the strongest Pokemon there is?

Shiraishi
October 8th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Because it shows their base stats -.-

Regigigas
October 8th, 2007, 10:14 AM
I don't understand all of these stats.

Shiraishi
October 8th, 2007, 10:17 AM
The higher their base stat is for w/e stat, the stronger they are in that stat. The average is the average of all the base stats, so whoever has the highest average is the 'strongest'

wakachamo
October 8th, 2007, 10:25 AM
Moved to Pokémon General.

ShinyGold2
October 8th, 2007, 10:30 AM
i think it would be gengar

Samuel.Olu
October 8th, 2007, 10:40 AM
Slaking actually pwns now that i look at it Cor it's almost as high as Rayquaza ;)

Anti
October 8th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Depends. there are many roles, making it hard to decide. By base stats, slaking...or Tyranitar with the SDef boost from sandstream.

J-Rad
October 8th, 2007, 12:54 PM
slaking would probably be the best. Have u seen its base stats????
w/o its ability they would be like unstopable

Jamie006
October 8th, 2007, 01:23 PM
According to the list, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Slaking, Salamence, Metagross, and Garchomp are all more powerful than some of the legendaries are and are actually just as strong as Mew, Celebi, etc., looking at their stat averages.

Nacon
October 8th, 2007, 02:01 PM
According to the list, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Slaking, Salamence, Metagross, and Garchomp are all more powerful than some of the legendaries are and are actually just as strong as Mew, Celebi, etc., looking at their stat averages.

yo, and Rampardos's attack..

but yea, Slaking is a nasty beast, especially if you teach him moves like Giga Impact or Solar Beam, for example.

Hikari Takahashi
October 8th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Everyone knows that Arcanine has the highest base stats sum out of every other Pokemon that isn't an uber, right?

Although as said, Slaking would devastate Arcanine without its ability.

airconditioning
October 8th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Dunno, i'll have to say Pokemon such as Shuckle with the highest Defence in Pokemon XD

He also has really low HP, meaning his survivability is REALLY low. Plus, the only time he can really do damage is on a Trick Room team, with Power Trick, Substitute, and Gyro Ball.

Anyway, yes, there is no 'strongest' Pokemon, because every Pokemon has a counter (not counting Legendaries). Anyone who says Salamence or Garchomp is the strongest won't be saying that in the face of a Weavile or Boltbeamer. And that Weavile won't look so tough in the face of a good Close Combat, or even a Mach Punch. And those fighters can be beaten by Skarmory with Brave Bird or Drill Peck. And that Skarmory would be killed if a Garchomp or Salamence carried Fire Blast. It's like Rock-Paper-Scissors. There is no best, because everything can be countered.