PDA

View Full Version : Fire Red in english

Ryoutarou
June 21st, 2004, 02:30 PM
I thought it was supposed to come out in augast?> I bought this froma gamestop an hour ago and every thing seems in order...
http://i5.ebayimg.com/01/i/02/02/05/3a_1.JPG

Toothache
June 21st, 2004, 02:39 PM
Congrats for getting it early :-) Not sure if it's just a very early copy or a fake, but it does seem genuine... have fun playing

Ryoutarou
June 21st, 2004, 02:40 PM
It's real it has the nintendo seal and everything on it.

Imakuni?
June 21st, 2004, 02:41 PM
might wanna call ninetndo. you can fake those seals ez!

Toothache
June 21st, 2004, 02:44 PM
Sounds like you have the real deal, man. Talk about a stroke of luck.. *waits patiently for the UK to release FR/LG*

Shadow
June 21st, 2004, 02:48 PM
The picture is fake. The cartridge isn't semi-translucent, there is no wireless reciever (or mention of one), and the box is the same as the other fakes that have been on E-Bay. If you got that from a Gamestop, you might want to inform Nintendo of them and return the game and get your money back. If your name/Pokemon's names can't be over 5 characters then you also know it is just a translated ROM.

Toothache
June 21st, 2004, 02:52 PM
Mind you.. zoom in on the cartridge itself, doesn't seem like a Pokemon logo at all... picture seems faded, and there's a funny logo on the bottom-right of the picture... yeah, guess I got fooled *shakes fist at blue* What a b*stard...

Taeki
June 21st, 2004, 06:43 PM
They would probubly make it look better.

Imakuni?
June 21st, 2004, 06:48 PM
take some pics from the game if possible,

Hiroshi Sotomura
June 21st, 2004, 10:09 PM
I think you'd need a camera or special cable for that Imakuni~.

Fake, fake, fake. I appreciate blue's courage into bothering, but the real deal doesn't arrive for a while.

Blitz~2005
June 22nd, 2004, 12:31 AM
i wouldnt care if its a fake or not aslong as it worked

and how does every one know what the real cover looks like??

Hinoshi-chan
June 22nd, 2004, 12:54 AM
I noticed something here..

That image is a ebay image, look.. havent you noticed the little small camera?

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/nws121303firebox.jpg
you see on this image, ( i know for jap in all ) a link thingy

Did youres look like this
http://image.lik-sang.com/content/gba-wireless-pokemon/packing.jpg if not, you got a problem...

AND LOOK WHAT I FOUND
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/243798.jpg
someone praise me, i found the original case for it.... ahh so clever, if youres dosent look like this, you aint got a real copy ^^;;

Blitz~2005
June 22nd, 2004, 02:48 AM
yeah blues is defenitly different and btw were did you get those pics from seto girl

Hinoshi-chan
June 22nd, 2004, 09:55 AM
lol, what ones, the american one? or the jap....
I dunno one min
www.ebgames.com <- thats for fire red american case, they also got green leaf
www.pokemonelite2000.com <- those are for the jap ones

Dragon142002
June 22nd, 2004, 11:15 PM
you can always rely on ebgames for info. sry to say but you got jyped.

Ryoutarou
June 24th, 2004, 08:24 AM
Aww now i see the game started glitching out on my yesterday...oh ell i pnly paid 5 bucks for it!

Porygon
June 24th, 2004, 08:35 AM
Lol. See if you can fool someone into buying it for 50, lol.

Ryoutarou
June 24th, 2004, 08:44 AM
Ya...then again a new pokemon game still in the box and only 5 bucks? That was kinda obvious wasent it?

The Psychic Psycho
June 24th, 2004, 09:00 AM
Actually, it is a nintendo authentic. i dont remember where i read this but a couple weeks back back nintendo released about 250 models of the "demo" versions across the USA to be used at places like gamestop and babbages to inform more of the public that its coming out soon, and so people could get the feel of it.
thats why you didnt get a transfer cable. you are in a way kind of lucky, and in a way you should feel ashamed because somehow you managed to mooch a demo off gamestop, :D Lucky!

Ryoutarou
June 24th, 2004, 09:08 AM
Hey i mooch! I love the Mooch...but it did start to glitch out on me though.

The Psychic Psycho
June 24th, 2004, 09:23 AM
thats why its a demo, not many people are gonna be able to play it for very long if its in the store. Besides, the clerks usually delete the save files at the end of the day anyway.

fudge01
June 24th, 2004, 10:06 PM
heh you really think that he bough the demo off gamestop it has the ebay camera in the corner DAH!

The Psychic Psycho
June 26th, 2004, 01:20 AM
*sigh* Did I say that? No, i said the "game" in the picture was authentic. Im assuming that he used it as an example because he doesnt have a d-camera to take it with and just went on from there.

rm2kdude
June 28th, 2004, 08:28 PM
why buy it,its the red,blue,yellow series I already have the game its just a remake of yellow with better graphics its exactly the same.

Linksocc
June 28th, 2004, 08:44 PM
why buy it,its the red,blue,yellow series I already have the game its just a remake of yellow with better graphics its exactly the same. I'm gonna buy it b/c I can trade with my ruby card to have all the pokemon.

mewbaby
July 1st, 2004, 04:18 AM
i thought it would be flame red not fire.
they need to do other colours not blue and red all the time

Hiroshi Sotomura
July 1st, 2004, 04:55 AM
why buy it,its the red,blue,yellow series I already have the game its just a remake of yellow with better graphics its exactly the same. It's not the same. They are not remakes of Yellow either. They are different games in their own way, but it only starts out with the same storyline.
Plus:
- Move Tutors
- Mystery Islands (http://www.sonicplanet.org/pmtn/index.php?id=pokemonfrlgislands)
http://www.sonicplanet.org/pmtn/Mystery-Islands-1.png

http://www.sonicplanet.org/pmtn/Mystery-Islands-4+5.png

http://www.sonicplanet.org/pmtn/MysteryIslands67.png

- Deoxys catchable (using E-Reader).
- Ruby and Sapphire movesets.
- RS TMs and Gym Leader TM changes (Brock gives you Rock Tomb).

i thought it would be flame red not fire.
they need to do other colours not blue and red all the time
It's Fire Red and Leaf Green. Other colors may not release though.

I noticed something here..

That image is a ebay image, look.. havent you noticed the little small camera?

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/nws121303firebox.jpg
you see on this image, ( i know for jap in all ) a link thingy

Did youres look like this
http://image.lik-sang.com/content/gba-wireless-pokemon/packing.jpg if not, you got a problem...

AND LOOK WHAT I FOUND
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/243798.jpg
someone praise me, i found the original case for it.... ahh so clever, if youres dosent look like this, you aint got a real copy ^^;;
Those are exactly right!

A bit on and off the topic (this is here to teach members which carts are legitimate):
How to tell if your Pokmon game is "legitimate".

Check on the Pokmon website (pokemon.co.jp or pokemon.com) if it's been announced.
When looking for it, check if the picture has a picture of the cart, and if all the items promised with it exist. Fire Red and Leaf Green's package consists of: a game cartridge, a few instruction booklets and offer cards, the wireless adaptor (limited time) and warranty card.
Check if the cartridge is transparent. If it appears to be a normal GBA cartridge, it is a fake.
I think that's all... I should post it outside this forum.

Golden Groudon
July 2nd, 2004, 07:23 AM
Ok, people, why are we still falling for the same trick over and over again?

mknote
July 2nd, 2004, 04:00 PM
Ok, people, why are we still falling for the same trick over and over again?

We're not. I went to GameStop and asked to see the demo version they have (I assumed it was a demo, or else they would have had the real deal) and it looked EXACTLY like that... black cart.. However, I didn't see the box, so I can't say there; but the game itself IS real. Kind of like the Pokemon Colosseum demo disk: it is quite real. So is this.

MK

awkwardsilencer
July 2nd, 2004, 07:43 PM
who cares to have them all, soon they will release another game and youll have to buy all these other games to get them all again into that new one, and it goes on and on, so dont waste all your money. sooner or later you wont like pokemon anymore and youll be mad you wasted that much on it. i know im kinda mad now.

The Psychic Psycho
July 2nd, 2004, 09:23 PM
why buy it,its the red,blue,yellow series I already have the game its just a remake of yellow with better graphics its exactly the same.

That is why they made it to begin with, in ruby and saph they have all the pokemon from the previous games, but it is to advanced to enterchange with the older versions. im not sure if there going to be, but im pretty sure nintendo is gonna make a G/S/C versions.

LanceLite
July 3rd, 2004, 12:00 AM
the new version emerald mite be.... who knows.... but they say its a "Yellow/Crystal" to RS..... *confused*

ashly138
July 3rd, 2004, 12:04 AM
Its not its a full new land. With may and a anothere boy. That what i now.

Cool Cr@cker
July 3rd, 2004, 01:41 AM
I dont see any use of releasing DEMO games!!

And emerald is a neo R/S game!(see my thread)!

mewbaby
July 5th, 2004, 04:40 AM
why is the picture charizard?
it could be another red colour pokemon

pokey a.k.a espeon
July 18th, 2004, 04:49 PM
hhmmmmmm... I think it's fake man ................did it come with that wireless adaper thingy?Judging by the one that other member showed us,yours is darker plus it don't got the adapter thingy on the box.The game is red on the picture but yours is grey.I think you got ripped off.

Brittany
July 18th, 2004, 05:02 PM
Whoever posted that picture is 100% fake. Wanna know why?

All of the fakes that are sold off of ebay use that picture. And if you look at the little symbol at the bottom of the picture it shows that it is from ebay, because many ebay vendors use that symbol on all of their products, in fact I had some extra money on hand to buy these fakes and they are NOT demos(I have the same game with the same box as in the picture). The symbol at the bottom of the Picture has been found on other various products such as cablemodems(specifically, the motorola surfboard modem), TVs, and game consoles on ebay.

You can tell because it has the japanese 5-letter name limit. They are stored on gray flash cartriges and they are NOT sold at Gamestop. Also, Oak's intro uses slang and there are many misspelled words inside the game.

And I have beaten the game on these fake cartriges, just to show that they arent demos.(last time I checked demos dont have the entire game)

Whoever posted that picture probably found the picture off of ebay and made up a fake story to entertain us.

aaaaaa
July 21st, 2004, 01:23 AM
Oh, and regarding 'demo versions'; Nintendo hasn't issued promo copies of the game yet.
So stop lying.
Kthxbai

BigBoss
July 22nd, 2004, 08:11 AM
I think it is fake, but I cannot know for sure. Only YOU can. Just look under it look at the chip, and look very closly in a light. if the chip says "Nintendo on it and the year, I'ts real. if not, FAKE.

Abusoru
July 22nd, 2004, 08:19 AM
Whoever posted that picture is 100% fake. Wanna know why?

All of the fakes that are sold off of ebay use that picture. And if you look at the little symbol at the bottom of the picture it shows that it is from ebay, because many ebay vendors use that symbol on all of their products, in fact I had some extra money on hand to buy these fakes and they are NOT demos(I have the same game with the same box as in the picture). The symbol at the bottom of the Picture has been found on other various products such as cablemodems(specifically, the motorola surfboard modem), TVs, and game consoles on ebay.

The little camera symbol does not mean something is fake on ebay. And it does not mean that this game is fake. The camera symbol simply means that the image is on a image hosting site, ebays or someone elses. And if more than one seller on ebay is using that same exact image to sell the game, it just means that they are 'borrowing' someone elses picture to sell the game.

Brittany
July 22nd, 2004, 09:24 PM
Dur...

He said those pictures were his, not pictures off some image hosting site. That picture has been used on ebay for 2 or 3 months already, although he claims that he just bought that from Gamestop recently.

The images ARE fake anyway, because we have already seen the REAL american cover. So why are you arguing? Ergh.... Such ignorance.

Those images, may be from an image hosting website, but it sounds fishy because ten's of thousands of products(specifically sold on ebay) use those pictures. Some people have businesses on ebay, and when they take a picture of the product they sell, they sometimes use those symbols on their pictures. Is it just a conspiracy that they took the same exact picture as him and he put a camera symbol on his picture???

Hmmm. Maybe they bought the same table that he had and put the box, cartridge, and manual in the same exact spots on this table, then they copied HIS camera symbol, afterall, he was the person bought that from gamestop, didn't he?

Also, is it just a conspiracy that only ebay uses those pictures with the camera on it? All signs point to it being a fake. And...

I BOUGHT THE GAME OFF EBAY FOR MYSELF AND IT LOOKED EXACTLY LIKE THAT AND IT WAS FAKE. THERES NO WAY YOU CAN CONVINCE ME ITS REAL. I HAVE IT AND I KNOW FOR MYSELF.

Dont argue, we have already seen the American box. Theres no way around it. Someone might-as-well lock this thread to stop more rumors to be started, and to stop more dumb posts like your last one.

Abusoru
July 23rd, 2004, 03:18 AM
I am not arguing with you or anyone else. You just made it sound like, because the picture had the little camera symbol, that the item in question was fake.

The symbol at the bottom of the Picture has been found on other various products such as cablemodems(specifically, the motorola surfboard modem), TVs, and game consoles on ebay.

I do not have the game and I do not know if its real or not. Although, as several people have stated, the game is probably a store demo cartridge.

Ever hear of the saying "buyer beware"? Everyone knows, or should know, that the game comes out in September and it comes with the wireless add-on. Yet you bought it before the game came out. IT is YOUR fault for buying a game that is fake or a copy or a store demo. Before buying anything on Ebay you should research what you plan to buy before you buy it. That way you don't pay too much and you don't get burned by buying crap.

Sorry Toothache. Ok it comes out in the US in Sept.

Toothache
July 23rd, 2004, 03:52 AM
Ahem, us Europeans have to wait til October 1st. And I'm not even sure if we're getting the wireless adaptor (I bloody hope so).

Daniel
July 23rd, 2004, 04:37 AM
Dont worry you do (Thats what the nintendo magazine says) :laugh:

Brittany
July 28th, 2004, 06:08 AM
Right-click his pic for FireRed then go to Properties. The address... ebayimg.com I knew it all along.

Torn
July 28th, 2004, 06:13 AM
You're absoloutly right Brittany. I noticed that, too. He's just trying to cause a stir.

Brittany
July 28th, 2004, 06:43 AM
Thank you Torn. Finally somebody believes me.

Vappy
July 29th, 2004, 12:50 AM
Not sure if anyone said this already, but at some gamestops they had demos of the game. Which is what you bought.

TinTower
July 29th, 2004, 08:17 AM
I thought it was supposed to come out in augast?> I bought this froma gamestop an hour ago and every thing seems in order...

fake. The real cartridge isnt black with a red sticker, its see-thru red

Brittany
July 29th, 2004, 01:43 PM
Not sure if anyone said this already, but at some gamestops they had demos of the game. Which is what you bought.
No, its not what he bought. He didn't buy anything. He claims that it is his picture, but the pictures URL is ebayimg.com. The same picture has been used on ebay for around 4 months now, though he claims he just bought it from gamestop recently.
Hes just trying to show how cool he is, because he has the english version before anyone else.

swampert
July 29th, 2004, 04:28 PM
:2: :9: :king: :os: :12: :19: :8: :kec: :mew2: :11: :18: :7: :fr: :mew: :top: :10: :17: :5: :dragonite :meow: :snea: :1: :16: :4: :donut: :may: :sean: :15: :3: :chu: :lg: :psy copy: :14: :20: :bone: :latias: :pokeball:

Shadow
July 29th, 2004, 05:03 PM
swampert, that is SPAM. That post is useless, a bunch of smilies are not going to add to this discussion in any way. Please stop posting useless, off-topic messages.

PatriotFan89
July 29th, 2004, 05:23 PM
Don't mean to go off-topic shadow, but how can you even call that a message? It's just a bunch of smilies... And now to get back on topic, Brittany is right. That is a fake image. So far, I've never seen that little camera anywhere but eBay and in properties the URL shows its an eBay image.

Ryoutarou
July 31st, 2004, 07:15 AM
Allright back, since people keep calling me a liar here we go...thats not my game since i dont have a digital camra thats the closet thing i could find to what the box looks like...like the nintendo logo is on the top right corner and pokemon is in a diffrent font

PatriotFan89
July 31st, 2004, 01:08 PM
Don't mean to be rude or nothing, but none of this "arguement" or calling you a liar would have started, if you said that in the first place...

Brittany
July 31st, 2004, 02:23 PM
You said you bought this at a Gamestop. Even if you bought a demo(which Nintendo hasn't released yet), it wouldn't be this.

You didn't really buy this, no matter how you look at it, you're a liar.

salamenceruler04
July 31st, 2004, 04:28 PM
wait hold on..fire red/leaf green is the same as pokemon yellow with better graphics????????

PatriotFan89
August 1st, 2004, 04:55 PM
The same as Red/Blue/Green with better graphics and the ability to catch some Johto pokemon on the Orange Islands.

Dirks
August 2nd, 2004, 04:00 PM
well not quite they're the "mystery islands" and omg brittany cut blue some slack he made a mistake in his wording was gone and now he's back maybe he did cause a stir but i mean c'mon how can be so rough on him it may be a demo it may not besides even if this whole thing was fake at least it was interesting to read!!! ... ok i'm done
sooo anyway the game is not just pkmon rd/bl/yw with souped up graphics. the game is different like when you go to cinninbar you go to the orange a.k.a. mystery islands
and also you also have to actually get some lab thingy to get into the dungeon with mewtwo. and better yet you follow the show by upgradeing ur pokedex for johto pokemon and there arew kool views of when you go places like viridian forest. and you can catch lugia or ho oh with e card thingys too
and ur poke desx is btetter cuz it comes with a pokenave. but i do admit the intro is an awsome remake of the original.

aaaaaa
August 3rd, 2004, 10:43 PM
Thats the second time he's tried to claim eBay pictures as his own.
He seems to need to lie to gain attention.
Sad.

Czack
August 8th, 2004, 06:01 AM
Come on! He wrote that those pictures were not his! I don't see how he is a liar.
Actually if you call it at lie to say that the demo's are out than you are assaulting more than just one person in this thread. Read it through.

aaaaaa
August 8th, 2004, 04:58 PM
I kinda..work in a store that gets Nintendo Promos for trial, and I can tell you that at the time this was posted, the demos hadn't been sent yet.

PatriotFan89
August 8th, 2004, 05:05 PM
Well, that's interesting to know... Now I'm curious... When exactly were the demos sent?